PDA

View Full Version : Patnam Subramania Iyer lyrics

srinpraveen
17th June 2007, 08:41 PM
I am desperately in need of lyrics for the Nagaswaravali varnam GAruda gamana composed by patnam subbramania iyer.....Can anyone please send me the lyrics as soon as possible....because I need it for my upcoming concert..My email address is srinpraveen@gmail.com....Thank you and best regards....
Praveen...

padmanabha
18th June 2007, 09:27 PM
is it Garuda Gamana ra ra...? but it is composed by Bhadrachala Ramadass set to Adi tal in the raaga nada namakriya?

Lakshman
18th June 2007, 11:27 PM
It is not a varNa. Just a kriti.

garuDa gamana. rAgA: nAgasvarALi. tALA: rUpaka. Composer: Patnam Subramania Iyer.

P: garuDa gamana samayamidE karuNajUDa rAdA
A: nirupama sundarAkAra nija bhaktajanAdhAra
C: pavanajAtinuta dhrta cApa vanajAbta kula jAta
pavana jAla yAdava bhUpa vanajAkSa shrI venkaTEsha

Lakshman
18th June 2007, 11:32 PM
The rAgA should read nAgasvarAvaLi.

padmanabha
19th June 2007, 09:12 AM
THANKS

srinpraveen
19th June 2007, 04:09 PM
Thanks all for the lyrics....
If possible can you give me the swaram for the song like

SD, | PM, | GS, | DS, | MG, | G,,| like that....
this is because I have to transfer it into the keyboard. And besides I am bit shocked because because my master said it is a varnam. And now after doing a google search and Lakshman's reply I understand that this is a kriti.
Puzzles me as to why my guru told it is a varnam.....By any chance can it be a classiffied as a varnam? And also Lalgudiji's composition "Innum En Manam" in Charukesi---Is it a varnam or kriti?

Regards,
Praveen

Lakshman
20th June 2007, 02:32 AM
Lalgudi's innum en manam is a varNa.
I will try to send you the svarAs for garuDa gamana.

Lakshman
20th June 2007, 02:36 AM
I found the notation and have emailed it to you.

srinpraveen
20th June 2007, 12:16 PM
Thank you Lakshman sir for the notation. THis is a very crucial help for me. Thanks for the help. I am grateful to you.
Regards,
Praveen