PDA

View Full Version : COPYING - IN TAMIL FILM HISTORY

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Shankar
3rd October 2005, 02:14 PM
>>>>
surely ARR made that tune more melodious than the original,duncha think??
<<<<

No.

mr_karthik
3rd October 2005, 03:28 PM
Not copied. The music for the movie 'Poo Mazhai Puzhiyudhu' is by R D Burman himself - one of the 2 Tamil films he scored music for, the other one being 'Ulagam Pirandhadhu Enakkaaga'.

This song, 'Nadhiya Nadhiya' is of course his own tune, 'Aise mujhe tum dekho' by Kishore Kumar in Darling Darling (1977).

Karthik
www.itwofs.com

I think the movie "UyirE unakkAga" was also composed by R.D.Burman. (Starring Mohan & Nadhiya) All are hit songs including S.Janaki's "Panneeril nanaindha pookkaL mella sirikka".....

mr_karthik
3rd October 2005, 03:35 PM
The song "avaravar vAzhkaiyil Ayiram Ayiram arthangaL" in pANdavar boomi

also resembles like

"NyAbagam varuthey nyAbagam varuthey" from Autograph.

dinesh2002
3rd October 2005, 03:49 PM
>>>>
surely ARR made that tune more melodious than the original,duncha think??
<<<<

No.

hahahaahaha..such predictable answer !!! its ok buddy,only u & ur CO dont agree...but others says so.....! bye machanz!!!

dinesh2002
3rd October 2005, 03:50 PM
The song "avaravar vAzhkaiyil Ayiram Ayiram arthangaL" in pANdavar boomi

also resembles like

"NyAbagam varuthey nyAbagam varuthey" from Autograph.

actually i felt Autograph's Ovvoru Pookallume is very simular with Kannin Maniye kannin maniye ,seithi kelama - Manathil Urithi Vendum!

app_engine
3rd October 2005, 06:35 PM
`uyirE unakkAga' is by Lakshmikanth-Pyarelal...

rajdes
4th October 2005, 10:21 AM
Poo Mazhai Pozhiyudhu was by RDBurman and the song is indeed, a self-recycle, which is not uncommon even with IR and ARR.

Uyire Unakkaga was by Laxminkanth-Pyarelal

As for Kettaverallam Paadalam , the whole premise of the movie was to take advantage of the 30-plus RD Burman fanatics(believe me, there is a whole bunch of them, with fanatic levels almost equalling the IR-ARR-Fanaticsism here) by re-recording popular RD tunes and building a story around it - hoping that these fanatics would get enough nostalgia to watch this movie and appreciate it. It didnt work even in Hindi. What the hell prompted them to dub it in Tamil, where RDB is probably known to not more than 10000 people, is beyond me.The only reason I can think of why anyone would dub that into Tamil is Madhavan, and that by itself is a very feeble reason. But you can never understand the average money-bag producer/distributor's mind - they take fancy to the stupidest of ideas.
BTW, the director of the movie was Anant Mahadevan, a tamilian

Shankar
4th October 2005, 10:30 AM
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
hahahaahaha..such predictable answer !!! its ok buddy,only u & ur CO dont agree...but others says so.....
<<<<<<<<<<<<

Then why did you ask ?? and am interested in knowing who are those "others".

dinesh2002
4th October 2005, 05:23 PM
what about Yen purushanthaan & Dum mare dum??the 2 1st lines were ditto...

Shankar
10th October 2005, 12:19 PM
While watching uLLam kEtkumE (dir Jeeva), I stumbled upon this number which goes something like "what are you waiting for.." (not sure about the lyrics). But the tune used is that of "pOrALE ponnuthAyee" from karuthamma.

Has HJ copied arr's tune for his scene ? Or was he trying to expose arr by playing the original ??

dinesh2002
10th October 2005, 12:26 PM
While watching uLLam kEtkumE (dir Jeeva), I stumbled upon this number which goes something like "what are you waiting for.." (not sure about the lyrics). But the tune used is that of "pOrALE ponnuthAyee" from karuthamma.

Has HJ copied arr's tune for his scene ? Or was he trying to expose arr by playing the original ??

hahahahhaa...that porale tune with eng lyrics is actually from ARR's album VANDE MATHARAM - Gurus Of Peace listen from
( 1.:41 - 1:59 ) now u see Hj's motive,to bring ARR down among the people who doesnt know this song (can say people like u :lol: ) listen to the BGM music for Shaam & Asin,its a direct ripp from Muthu.The BGM for Vadivelu & his gal (dunno her name)!!

Shankar
10th October 2005, 01:10 PM
>>>>>>>>>
bring ARR down among the people who doesnt know this song (can say people like u Laughing
<<<<<<<<<

There's nothing to laugh here...Wasn't a great piece for everyone to listen to anyway.

MADDY
10th October 2005, 01:23 PM
yaa yaa mr.shankar, "wat r u waiting for" is not at all a gr8 piece/////i dunno y dinesh xpects everyone to know abt that.....

Scale
10th October 2005, 02:37 PM
Did he mean the Muthu's BGM or Gurus of peace/karuthamma?

dinesh2002
10th October 2005, 04:06 PM
Did he mean the Muthu's BGM or Gurus of peace/karuthamma?

for shaam & asin's love theme ,Hj used the BGM that ARR used for Vadivelu & his partner music,u know she will explain she dreamed about a raja ,that BGM.

about the Gurus of peace 1,i think they were supposed to join a singging contest (not sure though,didint watch propaly),so these gang sang the gurus of peace.

vjrag_ind
10th October 2005, 07:38 PM
I dont know if this has already been covered. Anyway listen to song #8 on this link

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000062FZ/qid=1128952924/sr=2-2/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_2/103-2241164-0313469?v=glance&s=music

thumburu
14th October 2005, 03:22 PM
Film Jithan
MD : Srikanth Deva
Pazhamozhi: Thandhai 8 adi paaindhaal piLLai 16 adi paayum holds true for this father- son duo. One of the dabba songs of this film is a shameless rip off from an old MGR song "koduthadhellam koduthaan
avan yaarukkaaga koduthaan"

thumburu
14th October 2005, 03:33 PM
Talking about copying, can Vidhyasagar be far behind?
Listen to the link provided by a fellow DFer ananth222 in an IR thread , "arjunar villu" from Gilli. The charanam of this song has portions copied from an MGR movie "Rickshawkaaran" hit song "azhagiya thamizh magaL
ivaL"
listen to the song "arjunar villu" here:
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/26/s/movie_name.7025/

alwarpet_andavan
14th October 2005, 04:31 PM
Vidhyasagar has used [pl correct me if i'm wrong] Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata" as the leitmotif theme in "Ponniyin Selvan".

Also,
Harris Jayaraj has used the BGM bit in Kaadhal [the very first frame in the title] in Veeti Jaya, as well as Ghajini.
He has used another BGM bit from Kaadhal [slow percussion piece]in Ghajini

dinesh2002
14th October 2005, 04:49 PM
Vidhyasagar has used [pl correct me if i'm wrong] Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata" as the leitmotif theme in "Ponniyin Selvan".

Also,
Harris Jayaraj has used the BGM bit in Kaadhal [the very first frame in the title] in Veeti Jaya, as well as Ghajini.
He has used another BGM bit from Kaadhal [slow percussion piece]in Ghajini

Hj has used 7g rainbow colony's theme as the theme of Anniyan,the theme of 7g was released lately as an OST with 33 tracks,Listen to the Theme 23 or 22.Hj just took it & added Sunitha's vocal. "Amazing" work by Hj!!

alwarpet_andavan
14th October 2005, 05:36 PM
Hj has used 7g rainbow colony's theme as the theme of Anniyan,the theme of 7g was released lately as an OST with 33 tracks,Listen to the Theme 23 or 22.Hj just took it & added Sunitha's vocal. "Amazing" work by Hj!!
Ahaa, this is news to me...
Is it available someplace online?.....(i mean both 7g and Anniyan themes)

dinesh2002
14th October 2005, 06:10 PM
Ahaa, this is news to me...
Is it available someplace online?.....(i mean both 7g and Anniyan themes)

i will get it ready soon

dinesh2002
14th October 2005, 06:45 PM
here is it....this is something which i dun call inspire,its 10000 %ditto,exact Lift!! :lol:

Anniyan = http://s30.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=33NAURT53LD602K1LQQ4FUM7OU

7 G Rainbow Colony = http://s30.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=218ZIY4A1BSL70XNK6Y16ETV82

app_engine
14th October 2005, 07:54 PM
niRaiyya gimmicks iruppadhAl, this piece becomes tuneless:-( Finally both look very amateurish...erikiRa koLLiyil endhakkoLLi nalla koLLi?

vijayr
14th October 2005, 07:55 PM
dinesh, or did they both lift it from a common source? :-)

interz
16th October 2005, 07:12 PM
deepawali deepawali (sivakasi) sounds lot a like vennila vennila (anjaneya)

vaada vaada ( sivakasi) the intro sounds very much like kalakkuven kalakkuven (dhum)

dinesh2002
16th October 2005, 07:59 PM
dinesh, or did they both lift it from a common source? :-)

that we need to do some research :P

Scale
16th October 2005, 10:25 PM
here is it....this is something which i dun call inspire,its 10000 %ditto,exact Lift!! :lol:

7 G Rainbow Colony = http://s30.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=218ZIY4A1BSL70XNK6Y16ETV82

:clap: naan ivvalavu naala ARR kitternthu thaan suda mudiyadhunn nenaichen. ippa YSR vayum follow panna arambichiteengha! :clap:

Vijayr! :wink:

njv
17th October 2005, 12:51 AM

Cant believe this - Shankar could have saved 30lakhs

dinesh2002
17th October 2005, 12:01 PM

Cant believe this - Shankar could have saved 30lakhs

hahaha yea njv,i was more shocked when i listened to the theme 24...i didint know it would be ditto,i remember once hj said he love 7g rainbow songs when it got released,but i didint know his meaning of 'love' was " im gonna use this for my next film" :lol:

united07
17th October 2005, 01:44 PM
Actually,

Thats was an exchanged tune between HJ - YSR.
Coz both of them are good friends now.....especially after TJ.

Remember, YSR was a guest composer in TJ!

mr_karthik
17th October 2005, 03:42 PM
"Solai ilangiliye... adada... tholirandum kaaviriye" from 'Annanukku Jay'
is the exact repeatation of
"Kuthiraiyil naan amarndhen...adada... kizhakku pakkam povatharku" from 'Avar enakke sondham'
Both are by IR.

rrrrreepeeeaaatttuuuu..... (P.Vasu)

"Vachukkavaa unnai mattum nenjukkulley" from 'Nallavanukku nallavan'
is the exact repeatation of
"Poovizhi vaasalil yaaradi vandhathu kiliye..kiliye" from 'Deepam'
Both are by IR.

rrrrepeeeaatttuuuuu...... (Ramkumar)
:lol: :lol:

mr_karthik
17th October 2005, 03:51 PM
Actually,

Thats was an exchanged tune between HJ - YSR.
Coz both of them are good friends now.....especially after TJ.

Remember, YSR was a guest composer in TJ!
Adhu sari,

Deva adichA mattumthAn copy.

Maththavanga senjA, idhu mAthiri 'sappaikattu' and 'poosi mezhugal'

united07
17th October 2005, 04:13 PM
dear mr_karthik,
Naan yerire naeruppule yennai-ye ottuna,
ninge vennai-ye ootringale!

he he he :D

Shankar
3rd November 2005, 05:25 PM
Watched "thotti jaya" y'day. The opening theme when simbu's childhood is shown is a cut-paste of "crouching tiger hidden dragon" theme (by Tan Dun).

HJ has just taken the main theme played in a cello and has added some inane beats (obviously removing the trademark chinese drum beat, which would've been a give away) to make it sound original

inetk
9th November 2005, 05:18 PM
Was watching Sivakasi yesterday. Srikanth Deva has literally gone amok in lifting for the BGM. In the scene just after Sivakasi and gang meet Baski (Lawyer), they bike their way to the T-Nagar gym Asin is working out. En route the bgm is a variant of IR's english track from Punnagai Mannan - something which goes, '1, 2, 3 4, 5...'!

And in the scene where Asin accepts to Vijay's dum demand and comes to his place to spend the night with him...and many scenes after that, the BGM is from the title song of Dil to pagal hai...particularly the lines starting with, "Is dil ki baaton mein jo aate hain...'! Had great fun guessing the BGM sources!

Vysar
9th November 2005, 06:08 PM
Srikanth Deva copied "Vanithamani Vanamogini" Vikram song in one of the songs in Sivakasi

Sanguine Sridhar
9th November 2005, 11:57 PM
yupe that is "deppavali deepavali"

Scale
10th November 2005, 10:16 AM
Thavamai Thavamirundhu trailor has "Bose the Forgotten Hero" Hitler Theme" Track.

We need to amend this thread's title as "Copying in tamil film industry & tamil serials (mega)".

Tho I dont watch any of those serials(crap), I can hear many famous BGM's being used in it.

recently "Kisna piano & flute theme" in Kanavarukkaga.

interz
11th November 2005, 05:06 PM
SOda Bottle from newly released Aaru reminds of Vaadi Vaadi Vaadi from Sachin. Devisriprasad is copying himself.

aravind82
13th November 2005, 11:50 AM
aah mudhal akku thaanada
en akka ponnu kicku thaanada[i]

from the movie jithan

Music is by Shrikanth Deva. He has totally copied MGR song "koduppadellam koduppaan, avan yarukkaga koduppaan" for this stupid song....

xml
13th November 2005, 06:28 PM
In A Ah the marangothiye song is copied from YSR song 18vayathu(Kadal kondein)

aravind82
14th November 2005, 05:16 PM
In A Ah the marangothiye song is copied from YSR song 18vayathu(Kadal kondein)

Ha ha... good joke :lol:

thumburu
17th November 2005, 04:41 PM
"mayilirage" from "ah aah" has some portions resembling the old PS song "chittukuruvi mutham koduthu" esp the line "sernthida kandene"
SrikantDeva at it again in the film "BambarakkaNNaale" . In the song starting with the film name, listen to the last line of the charanam. It is the same as that from an old hit "adi ennadi raakamma"

Shankar
18th November 2005, 12:15 PM
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this...

http://artsandscience.concordia.ca/facstaff/s-u/szabo/music/03desafinado.mp3

No prizes for guessing which song it was made to :-)

The prelude, the BG rhythm were ripped, the tune for the vocals seems original.

PS: This IS the original...the song came in the 70-80s :-)

dinesh2002
18th November 2005, 05:10 PM

when i 1st saw this message from shankar,i knew the victim is gonna be ARR.... :roll: the song is ayarathil oruvan - iruvar

yes,the prelude sounds exactly the same,and ofcource the tune of ARRs 1 is def ORIGINAL,no need to say 'seems'.... and for your information,that album was released Nov 1992...not 80 or 70 ... its a good find,but i think the copying thing doesnt gives big impact now days,even illaiyaraja copied Deva's I love you - Vedan song for his Mumbai Express's Poo Poothethe...... speaking bout copied stuff,what about remake movies this year ,can we list it out

some list of remake movies this year...

1.Chandramuki - Manichitratazhu (1993)
2.Anniyan - Indian (1996)
3.Ghajini - Memento (2001)
4.Mazhai - Varsham (2004)

if im not mistaken ,maja is remake too rite??

Sanjeevi
18th November 2005, 05:13 PM

:rotfl:

very funny

dinesh2002
18th November 2005, 05:31 PM

very funny

yes man,let me liist u the same scenes in both films

1.Indian Tata & Ambi got really more aggresive towards the corupt/bribe after thier lost of beloved girl family member
Indian tata - Daughter
Ambi - Sister

2.the way prakash raj & Nedumudi Venu goes into ambi/ indian tata house to get more details wearing the veati and funny slang.

3.The flashback for sis/daughter showing the impact towards the main character.

4.the climax part when indian tata goes to the tv station & anniyan in the stadium explainin bout the corupts/bribe with powerful words.

5.both movies will show that the main character (indian tata/anniyan) both were gone,but the last scene will show that they r still around..

i couldnt help thinking im watching remake Indian with more computer effects & split personality

infact Indian had the SHANKAR stamp that Anniyan doesnt have,in Indian he shows Indian tata is really AGAINST the corrupts eventhough it had to kill his son who is invovled...but Anniyan didint kill Sada,eventhough she was included in the list,i wonder why he didint attack sada when he comes again later knowing he never killed her yet,probably shankar didint want to wast the duet songs that required sada :lol: typical masala movie!and Bgms in Anniyan just reminded me of Mudhalvan & Indian's Bgm....

Sanjeevi
18th November 2005, 05:33 PM
Good analysis pa

dinesh2002
18th November 2005, 05:49 PM
Good analysis pa

dhanksu! 8-) but people enjoying remakes than original now... :P look at the response to chandramuki/anniyan/ghajini/mazhai :P

Vysar
18th November 2005, 09:01 PM
"Ayirathil Naan Oruvan" ARR is really good in ripping rhythms..

dinesh2002
19th November 2005, 08:30 AM
"Ayirathil Naan Oruvan" ARR is really good in ripping rhythms..

IR,VS,HJ,YSR all also very good in doing them,y point to ARR only?

kiru
19th November 2005, 12:55 PM
HJ: the song which has ullahi ullahi or something like that tune is totally ripped. I dont know the name of the original track as it is a traditional tune used for waltz/ball room dance.

interz
19th November 2005, 05:50 PM
roja roja (kathalar thinam)reminds of....some part of sirpi irukkuthu muthu irukkuthu (varumaiyin niram sivappu).

i dont give a s*** if ARR rahman fans deny it, you can hear it on your own!!!!!!!

Scale
19th November 2005, 09:25 PM
roja roja (kathalar thinam)reminds of....some part of sirpi irukkuthu muthu irukkuthu (varumaiyin niram sivappu).

i dont give a s*** if ARR rahman fans deny it, you can hear it on your own!!!!!!!

Interz! U made my evening miserable to search this mail from the archives. Hope this answers u. That is none other than itwofs "karthik" a reply to "arivi jeevigal" claimed ARR Copies/Inspiration. I dont have to give a shit to yr findings just a few minutes of search is quiet enough. Better luck next time. Ennoda VS lista eduthu vudava... :lol:

Date: Fri Apr 1, 2005 6:50 am
Subject: Re: [arr]

>>>Anyways what do you say for "Roja Roja..." song
> from Kadhalar Dinam getting inspired from MSV
> composition of Varumai Niram Sivappu. Is that also
> not a copy.

Now can you do me a favour..honestly...replace the lyric of roja..Roja song
with that "sippi irukkudhu " lyrics and sing Roja Roja song...Atleast try
for 4 lines...mudiyudhaanu paappom..

Guru, The tune that you have mentioned as copied comes only at the last two
lines of the said MSV song...It is the place where Kamal and Sridevi join
hands and walk thru the garden at the end of the song....Roja..Roja starts
exactly there with that two line in a Higher octave and flies into a
completely different plane...that is why I said replace the lyrics and try
to sing....Its more like a tribute to MSVs song...The only thing is Roja
Roja starts from where Sippi Irukkudhu ends...If you remember there was
aprogram in Vijay TV called Naiyaandi Darbar in which the lunatic Yuhi Sethu
asked the same question to Unni Krishnan and Unni gave an answer some thing
similar to this...My analogy is based on that...Unni Krishnan is also a
singer/carnatic musician/ and the singer of this song...
Bye
Karthik

Thanks Karthik.

interz
20th November 2005, 03:46 AM
tribute or not, its a copy!!!!!!!! every mds copy IR , ARR , HJ, VS, YSR, DEVA; SAR, D IMAN, SRIKANTH, DEVA, the list continues..

Scale
20th November 2005, 09:57 AM
:banghead:

Karthik have explained it clearly still "U" dont seams to understand.

Incorrigible! Its shame that you have included IR & ARR in that agmark "copy cats" list.

Did u forgot this emoticon :hammer: Vongi Vongi thalayila adippen. :wink:

interz
20th November 2005, 07:23 PM
you'r gloryfying copying man, still in denial, fine with me, i will prove ARR is just a copycat too!!!!!!!

Shankar
20th November 2005, 10:53 PM

when i 1st saw this message from shankar,i knew the victim is gonna be ARR.... :roll: the song is ayarathil oruvan - iruvar

yes,the prelude sounds exactly the same,and ofcource the tune of ARRs 1 is def ORIGINAL,no need to say 'seems'.... and for your information,that album was released Nov 1992...not 80 or 70 ... its a good find,but i think the copying thing doesnt gives big impact now days,even illaiyaraja copied Deva's I love you - Vedan song for his Mumbai Express's Poo Poothethe...... speaking bout copied stuff,what about remake movies this year ,can we list it out

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

yes,the prelude sounds exactly the same,and ofcource the tune of ARRs 1 is def ORIGINAL,no need to say 'seems'
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Dinesh,
your brilliance amazes me !!! A very subtle "inspiration", tough nut to crack and you did it in style...pOdhumA ?!?!?! it took me months to figure out which song it was ;-) pOdhumA ?!?!?!....Just curious, what's ur IQ ?

Why the heck do you have to bring raja here when we are discussing a typical arr case ???

united07
21st November 2005, 12:21 PM
shanti...shanti....shanti....

shantamma.....chih...shantam....shantam...shantam. ..

dinesh2002
21st November 2005, 03:42 PM

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

yes,the prelude sounds exactly the same,and ofcource the tune of ARRs 1 is def ORIGINAL,no need to say 'seems'
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Dinesh,
your brilliance amazes me !!! A very subtle "inspiration", tough nut to crack and you did it in style...pOdhumA ?!?!?! it took me months to figure out which song it was ;-) pOdhumA ?!?!?!....Just curious, what's ur IQ ?

Why the heck do you have to bring raja here when we are discussing a typical arr case ???

tsk tsk tsk, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: shankar,shankar,cool down! intha aatham pothuma? innum konjum venumaaa :lol:

thumburu
21st November 2005, 05:10 PM
Shankar, that was a nice find :)

app_engine
21st November 2005, 10:58 PM
kiru, the `ullAhi' begins as `EdhO ondRu EdhO ondRu unnaikkEtpEn' and I posted long time back in this thread that it's a ditto copy of a xmas song...you'll hear that tune being played in many malls during the season...(and also in the smooth Jazz FM station)...

Shankar
22nd November 2005, 11:37 AM
dinesh,
Attam ellAm irukkattum....you still didn't tell me what ur IQ is ? ;-)

Scale
22nd November 2005, 02:22 PM

Shankar! After that "milk dairy " u created, I usually skip yr post but this time (IQ?) I couldn't.

Yr track : Intro prelude (0-0.06)
Iruvar Aayirathil Oruvan: similarity starts at 0.46 (Firstly it has got a better recording and a completely different arrangements with various instruments being played in BGM). Just listen to the track again on how it starts.

There is no similarity in the prelude as u said & the similiartiy what u claim is not even for 0.06 secs. BG rythm were ripped? :evil: :twisted: U termed it "plagiarism". Have u heard "Aayirathil Oruvan" Iruvar song completely. If you consider this as a copy(rip off), then believe me none of them in this world is a genuine composer. I dont know anything about music technically but its just my keen observation. I would like to draw Vijayr's attention to clarify us on this regard.

Why dont you furnish further info about the track,

Album Name:
Composer name:
Year of release:

If so, then pls send it to itwofs "karthik" and confirm yr finding as "ripoff".

What do you think of yourself? Intellect :wink: :banghead: Learn to behave politely to other hubbers. There is no harm to educate others or to get educated.

dinesh2002
22nd November 2005, 03:11 PM
dinesh,
Attam ellAm irukkattum....you still didn't tell me what ur IQ is ? ;-)

i didint mentioned it coz u might feel hurt then,coz mine is 1 step higher than urs :lol: :lol:

dinesh2002
22nd November 2005, 03:14 PM
kiru, the `ullAhi' begins as `EdhO ondRu EdhO ondRu unnaikkEtpEn' and I posted long time back in this thread that it's a ditto copy of a xmas song...you'll hear that tune being played in many malls during the season...(and also in the smooth Jazz FM station)...

is it?? u have the track's name?

united07
22nd November 2005, 04:19 PM
Dinesh,

it's
Jingle Bell, Jinggle Bell = Edho Ondru, Edho Ondru

dinesh2002
22nd November 2005, 04:40 PM
Dinesh,

it's
Jingle Bell, Jinggle Bell = Edho Ondru, Edho Ondru

ohhh...but i dun think it sounds the same/simular, do u?

app_engine
22nd November 2005, 08:15 PM
It's NOT jingle bell:-) Let me get the name of the track first (though I had heard it many times, never paid attention to the actual 'lines' as I don't care for xmas stuff -normally get irritated with anything connected with that - and don't pay close attention) and then post some link on sound sample.

Since this particular track got played by a colleague at work two years back, with striking similarity with EdhO ondRu, I paid attention...

Pveena
23rd November 2005, 05:26 AM
the name of the Xmas song you are thinking of is "God rest Ye merry gentleman"...similar but not the same as the Tamil song...

dinesh2002
23rd November 2005, 08:32 PM
Uyire en Uyire - Totti Jeya = Sonnalum - Kadhal Virus
same backing,usage of instruments,style & usage of female chorus

Naan Oru Mathiri - Ayutam = Kama Kama - E20U18
Oomba,Ada Naaan oru mathiri,ommba
= Fall in love,seri yethevenna pudi pudi,forget the war

couldnt help noticing its simularity in these lines...

whats with Harris??not leaving alone any ARR song!

app_engine
23rd November 2005, 09:53 PM
Pveena, thanks for the name of that song. There are actually tons of links if I type this name in google...
http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/g/o/godrest.htm
has a midi version...

DF'ers can choose to decide how they want to term this..ditto, rip-off, inspiration...whatever...

Music4Ever
23rd November 2005, 10:08 PM
I would say inspiration at the worst and original at the best. With Harris's music there are always those "smoke signs" but nailing him is quite difficult. He cleverly tweaks the original to create new ones. And attractive ones at that.

I am also reminded of a song that goes "muthu vandhu muthu vandu pirakkum". The words may be incorrect. Is that an Arjun song?

Pveena
24th November 2005, 05:59 AM
My brother noticed the similarity between the new song "Oru Porkalam" from Kasthuri Maan. and "Ennai Thalattu Varuvaalo" from Kathalukku Mariyathey.... he's not even a Tamil Film music buff, but he could immediately spot the similarity in the main tunes.

Any comments???

kingvj
25th November 2005, 10:35 PM
Kumudam has also noted that the song "Oru Porkalam" resembles "Ennai Thalattu Varuvaalo".

My personal opinion would be, the starting very few seconds do resemble, but that is way too much for being called as a 'Copy' or a recycle or whatever.

dinesh2002
26th November 2005, 10:08 AM
what about Ovvoru Pookalum - Autograph & Kannin Maniye - Manathil Urudhi vendum by IR?i think it sounds very much like the IR's song,some more both sung by chitra...anyone feel the same?

Sanjeevi
26th November 2005, 11:33 AM
what about Ovvoru Pookalum - Autograph & Kannin Maniye - Manathil Urudhi vendum by IR?i think it sounds very much like the IR's song,some more both sung by chitra...anyone feel the same?

everyone with some music knowledge will feel the same 8-)

sanjeevk
27th November 2005, 08:10 AM
i lost total respect for VS after hearing 'Do Re Me' from 'Ponniyin Selvan' which is a direct/exact copy of the english song "Tamale" by Mr Vegas. the tune and even few words are exact same, what a shame!!!!!!!!

dinesh2002
27th November 2005, 10:04 AM

everyone with some music knowledge will feel the same 8-)

no wonder baradwaj didint won national award for Autograph :wink:

thumburu
28th November 2005, 02:43 PM
A song from the film "Majaa" starts off like "vaadiyamma" of "Thirumalai". Anybody noticed it? VS's self inspiration.

Sanjeevi
28th November 2005, 03:11 PM
yes that song is IR-8 nattu kattu .

app_engine
28th November 2005, 08:59 PM
Happened to listen to `ada AL thOtta bhoopathy nAnadA, andha amarakkOtta bhoopathiyum nAnadA' from some vijay movie...(the same movie that has the song `sakkarai nilavE, sakkarai nilavE')...it sounded familiar to some old song (or songs)...and initially I brushed aside thinking that it's true of many recent dappAnguthu songs anyways...

After comparing some lines of the saraNam, though, I think it's a `deliberate' inspiration of the iLamaikkOlam song `vachcha pArva theerAdhadi'...(for e.g. the line that goes like `kannippoovOda nalla vAsam...' in the KJY song)...

I must, however, admit that the singer for this song had done a wonderful job...after SPB (& his clone Mano) and MV, looks like a singer who can do 100% justice to a masculine dappAnguththu...(who is he BTW?)...

OTOH, the MD has sodhappified in the percussion section...pedestrian and without punch...should listen to songs like `adiyE, manam nillunnA nikkAdhadee' to learn how to build a tempo...

vijayr
29th November 2005, 09:29 PM
Scale, I just read your PM, sorry for the late response. Aayiraththil oruvan's prelude(and just the prelude) can be termed a fleeting inspiration at best, IMO. I wouldnt rule out a coincidence either. If the original song came out at around the same time maybe theres a chance the same groove was used by both of them. But the rest of the song bears no resemblance whatsoever. Definitely not a copy or a major inspiration.
A better example for inspiration would be prelude of "hello Mr.edhirkatchi" from Memphis stomp. I havent come across a single instance of direct tune lifting by Rahman.

Scale
29th November 2005, 09:56 PM
Scale, I just read your PM, sorry for the late response. Aayiraththil oruvan's prelude(and just the prelude) can be termed a fleeting inspiration at best, IMO. I wouldnt rule out a coincidence either. If the original song came out at around the same time maybe theres a chance the same groove was used by both of them. But the rest of the song bears no resemblance whatsoever. Definitely not a copy or a major inspiration.
A better example for inspiration would be prelude of "hello Mr.edhirkatchi" from Memphis stomp. I havent come across a single instance of direct tune lifting by Rahman.

Thank you very much vijayr. Thats why I like him the most :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

dinesh2002
29th November 2005, 11:37 PM
HI guyz....listen to this piece & tell me where u have heard this b4!! not a ditto...but im sure u can guess the bit that sounds simular to this!!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8P7NCSO2

note : this is the original,composed by ARR at the year 1993..a Pudhiya Mugam BGM

Shankar
30th November 2005, 11:24 AM
>>>>>>
Aayiraththil oruvan's prelude(and just the prelude) can be termed a fleeting inspiration at best, IMO.
<<<<<<

I was talking ONLY about the prelude...and how can you say its"inspired"...Both are identical! I had also mentioned that the tune seemed original.

PS: just curious - what's ur definition of "inspiration"...Pls don't quote m-w or dictionary.com :-)

vijayr
30th November 2005, 10:37 PM
Shankar, inspiration/copy depends on the extent of similiarity and to a certain extent depends on the judgement of the person reviewing it. If just a few bars are similiar it could be even coincidence. In this case I am not even so sure it can be called inspiration, leave alone copy. would you say IR "copied" chittukuruvi vetkapadudhu from Dvorak's symphony? The opening words of the song is quite close to that short piece from Dvorak. But, IMO it would be insane for me to suggest that it was copied. Whereas "endha poovilum vaasam undu" or "akkarai seemai" quailify easily as lifts as almost the entire pallavi bears resemblance note-by-note, not just a phrase or two. But even there many people prefer to use the word "inspiration" as the charanams are IR's own. Same is the case with many of Deva's lifts as well, but in his case people prefer to use the word "copied" instead of inspiration all the time :-). Consider the whole song or pallavi, consider the part that resembles the original and then conclude for yourself whether it is copy or inspiration. In the Iruvar song the prelude itself starts off totally different, after afew seconds the percussion bit in question appears although Rahman plays a different, original lead tune over it. Considering the portion of the songs that are original, I would say its an inspiration at best or even a coincidence where the same loop has been used by 2 artists.

Shankar
1st December 2005, 10:09 AM
Vijayr,
If you say chittukuruvi is inspired, then this too qualifies in that category...To me, one or two bars being the same (which has a very high probablity) its ok...If the whole phrase is the same, I would call it a copy :-) However, from the MDs viewpoint, it may still be an inspiration bcos, he might've loved that phrase and must've used it. We shud also understand that ppl like Raja/arr/msv don't have to copy to create a great song....In that sense I agree with your definition of inspiration.

kamal133
9th December 2005, 09:00 PM
Anyone heard Aanpavam theme music?. If so, please check with that tune and Alaipayuthey - Pachai Niramey song, especially the starting music.

dinesh2002
9th December 2005, 09:14 PM
Anyone heard Aanpavam theme music?. If so, please check with that tune and Alaipayuthey - Pachai Niramey song, especially the starting music.

i have never heard of such album...when did it release??

kamal133
9th December 2005, 09:55 PM
Aanpavam movie (pandiyarajan,seetha)

narcot
10th December 2005, 07:43 AM
The first lines from the song from Majaa 'Aiyaaretu naatukkattu, ayyavoda koothukaatu' by Vidyasagar lifted from 'Vadi-yamma jakkama, vandu nillu pakkamma' from tirumalai

Vysar
10th December 2005, 10:43 PM
Cheran's "Thavaami Thavamiranthu" is one of the greatest movie in TFH from Cheran. But he lifted some scenes from Tim Burton's "Big Fish". Esp. the hospital scenes and the kids reading their Grand Father's History etc. When compared Maniratnam's lift, this is minor.

jml
11th December 2005, 07:06 AM
Hello All,

I often visit this forum to read postings regarding various topics about tamil film music. But so far I havent posted anything. Here after reading almost all messages I want to say a few words. I feel many accusations about MD's copying tunes are too harsh. We have to consider that music is somewhat limited. It has only 12 notes (They say Carnatic music has 22 notes or something like that, but I doubt if I would be able to differentiate such subtle variations) So there is a limit to the various patterns you can create using notes. Here and there a phrase which is already used in another composition, coming in a composition is virtually unavoidable. We cant term such incidences as copying. For example "veettukku veettuku vasapadi venum" song starts with the note sequence used in Mozart's symphony No. 25 (Same is used for titan watch ad) But we cant say "veettuku veettukku" song is a copy. The song goes different after the few initial notes from the Mozart symphony and the song as a whole is totally different from the symphony. A typical copy should match with the original in essence. For example, we can say "Otha rooba tharen" and "Ennadi muniyamma un kannula mai" songs have same tunes. "En veettu thottathil" from Gentleman has the same tune as a devotional song. I have heard it but dont remember the words. "Mama nee Mama" in "Ullathai alli thaa" has the tune of a Nusret Fateh Ali Khan song. Sometimes our MD's lift beats from other songs and use them as they are without any changes. For example, "Chicklettu chicklettu chittu kuruvi" song has the beat of Michael Jackson's "They dont care about us." I wonder why SAR used that beat. The song would have sounded the same even if he had created his own beat for it, in my opinion.

And another point to consider is the demand of our tfm field. Even though other MD's are not as prolific as IR most of our MD's give much more songs than the most popular western musicians. Western musicians usually release an album once in two or three years. So the quality of our MDs' output suffers. They may be tempted to copy from other songs.

Another thing I want to say is about some of Deva's copies. Deva not only copies but even cuts and pastes bits of other composition's into his composition. But the songs in which he uses them would be really different from the sources he has cut and pasted. For example, someone has pointed out that "Annamalai Annamalai" song's prelude uses notes from Beethoven's symphony No.5. I had never heard that song from the starting point so I didnt know about the lift before. But I always thought it is a pleasant song. And the song is really very different from Beethoven's Symphony No.5. I dont know why Deva unnecessarily includes such pieces when he really has composed the song well in its own right. Even without that bit from the Beethoven Symphony the song would still be a decent one. I think he admires those compositions and uses them in his compositions as a personal pleasure rather than wanting to gain credit which is undue, but thats just a thought from me.

Sorry for posting such a long message.

dinesh2002
11th December 2005, 12:33 PM
Hello All,

I often visit this forum to read postings regarding various topics about tamil film music. But so far I havent posted anything. Here after reading almost all messages I want to say a few words. I feel many accusations about MD's copying tunes are too harsh. We have to consider that music is somewhat limited. It has only 12 notes (They say Carnatic music has 22 notes or something like that, but I doubt if I would be able to differentiate such subtle variations) So there is a limit to the various patterns you can create using notes. Here and there a phrase which is already used in another composition, coming in a composition is virtually unavoidable. We cant term such incidences as copying. For example "veettukku veettuku vasapadi venum" song starts with the note sequence used in Mozart's symphony No. 25 (Same is used for titan watch ad) But we cant say "veettuku veettukku" song is a copy. The song goes different after the few initial notes from the Mozart symphony and the song as a whole is totally different from the symphony. A typical copy should match with the original in essence. For example, we can say "Otha rooba tharen" and "Ennadi muniyamma un kannula mai" songs have same tunes. "En veettu thottathil" from Gentleman has the same tune as a devotional song. I have heard it but dont remember the words. "Mama nee Mama" in "Ullathai alli thaa" has the tune of a Nusret Fateh Ali Khan song. Sometimes our MD's lift beats from other songs and use them as they are without any changes. For example, "Chicklettu chicklettu chittu kuruvi" song has the beat of Michael Jackson's "They dont care about us." I wonder why SAR used that beat. The song would have sounded the same even if he had created his own beat for it, in my opinion.

And another point to consider is the demand of our tfm field. Even though other MD's are not as prolific as IR most of our MD's give much more songs than the most popular western musicians. Western musicians usually release an album once in two or three years. So the quality of our MDs' output suffers. They may be tempted to copy from other songs.

Another thing I want to say is about some of Deva's copies. Deva not only copies but even cuts and pastes bits of other composition's into his composition. But the songs in which he uses them would be really different from the sources he has cut and pasted. For example, someone has pointed out that "Annamalai Annamalai" song's prelude uses notes from Beethoven's symphony No.5. I had never heard that song from the starting point so I didnt know about the lift before. But I always thought it is a pleasant song. And the song is really very different from Beethoven's Symphony No.5. I dont know why Deva unnecessarily includes such pieces when he really has composed the song well in its own right. Even without that bit from the Beethoven Symphony the song would still be a decent one. I think he admires those compositions and uses them in his compositions as a personal pleasure rather than wanting to gain credit which is undue, but thats just a thought from me.

Sorry for posting such a long message.

i taut the only lifting thing in en vittu thothatil was the line "en vittu thothatil,poo vellam kettupar,yen vidu jennel kambi,ellama kettupar,yen vittu tenagitrai ippoteh kettupar,yen nenjei solloume..." how come now the whole song? :roll: that too the line was a carnatic raag itseems...the exact...then how can it be lift? :wink:

jml
11th December 2005, 11:36 PM
Sorry for that wrong info Dinesh. I only had the pallavi in my mind when I said both songs have same tunes. I failed to mention that. But this is the whole pallavi, not just a line. You just cant reject it as a few notes. And No... it is not just raaga, but the same tune in essence. I have seen some people having this wrong idea. I dont know if you too have that wrong idea. I just want to explain it for such people who would read this. They mix up raaga and tune. Raaga and tune are two different things. Raaga just defines what ascending notes and what descending notes a tune in that particular raaga can have, as far as I know. I dont have that much carnatic knowledge so someone who knows carnatic well has to clarify this. Raaga and tune are two different things. I can give a crude analogy. If we consider the 12 notes as 12 colors, we can say a raaga is a particular set of colors among the 12 and a tune in that raaga is a pattern drawn using that particular set of colors. The same set of colors can produce different patterns. Similarly many tunes can be composed from the same raaga. But here regarding these two songs we are talking about, it is not just the raaga which is same. The sequence of notes itself is virtually same with slight modification in santham.

ahi
24th December 2005, 07:41 AM
I'm not sure if this has been discussed earlier.

I read in one of the other forums that the music that is used in the SUN TV promos for THAVAMAI THAVAMIRUNTHU (the one with the piano) is a lift of Mouna Raagam theme.

I have a vague memeory that the theme that is used in the promo is the taken from the soundtrack for the Matrix (the first film) the instrumental track with strings and drums, mid way the piano solo comes in.

dinesh2002
24th December 2005, 11:00 AM
Sorry for that wrong info Dinesh. I only had the pallavi in my mind when I said both songs have same tunes. I failed to mention that. But this is the whole pallavi, not just a line. You just cant reject it as a few notes. And No... it is not just raaga, but the same tune in essence. I have seen some people having this wrong idea. I dont know if you too have that wrong idea. I just want to explain it for such people who would read this. They mix up raaga and tune. Raaga and tune are two different things. Raaga just defines what ascending notes and what descending notes a tune in that particular raaga can have, as far as I know. I dont have that much carnatic knowledge so someone who knows carnatic well has to clarify this. Raaga and tune are two different things. I can give a crude analogy. If we consider the 12 notes as 12 colors, we can say a raaga is a particular set of colors among the 12 and a tune in that raaga is a pattern drawn using that particular set of colors. The same set of colors can produce different patterns. Similarly many tunes can be composed from the same raaga. But here regarding these two songs we are talking about, it is not just the raaga which is same. The sequence of notes itself is virtually same with slight modification in santham.

can u tell me that other song that has the same pallavi with en vieetu thothathil?? btw...what about the charanam??? same also??

dinesh2002
27th December 2005, 06:38 PM
here is the source for Anniyan's Stranger in Black...i must say 95 % direct rip!!

http://storeandserve.com/download/46453/Resurrection.mp3.html

ezy0265
27th December 2005, 09:26 PM
Adei Dineshu!!!

Ennamo Un aalu copiyeh adikkathamathiri matthavangalai patthiye pesuriye, un muthugeiyum konjam thirumbi paar thambi!

Enna villai azhage from Kathal Virus is a direct shameless rip from Thangapathakkathin Meleh

Roja Roja from the same movie had another lift from MSV's Varumaiyin Niram Sivappu song Sippiyirukkuthu - exactly the part which goes 'en manathai nee ariya naan uraippen'

Kallellaam Maanikka Kallaaguma was also 95% ripped and used in his hindi song, I am sure you know which song!

Ethallaam patthi mattum un vaaiyayyum *******thaiyum potthikkunu iruppeh!

So stop your shameless accusations and open up your stupid mind to good music whoever it comes from!

dinesh2002
27th December 2005, 09:32 PM
Adei Dineshu!!!

Ennamo Un aalu copiyeh adikkathamathiri matthavangalai patthiye pesuriye, un muthugeiyum konjam thirumbi paar thambi!

Enna villai azhage from Kathal Virus is a direct shameless rip from Thangapathakkathin Meleh

>>>>that 1 line??listen to this anniyan theme,i mean the Passion of christ theme...u will know...

Roja Roja from the same movie had another lift from MSV's Varumaiyin Niram Sivappu song Sippiyirukkuthu - exactly the part which goes 'en manathai nee ariya naan uraippen'

>>>>>>>already explained by carnatic singer Unnikrishnan at Nayandi Durbar show...Next....

Kallellaam Maanikka Kallaaguma was also 95% ripped and used in his hindi song, I am sure you know which song!

>>>>>>>tell me the hindi song and i will tell u yes or no...dun tell me " im sure u know which song"

Ethallaam patthi mattum un vaaiyayyum *******thaiyum potthikkunu iruppeh!

So stop your shameless accusations and open up your stupid mind to good music whoever it comes from!

:lol: :lol: :lol: So stop your shameless accusations and open up your stupid mind to good music whoever it comes from!

applies for u 1st machan!! haha! :lol: :lol:

reagan87
28th December 2005, 07:19 PM
Gori Thera from Saravana is all out rip from Black Eyed Peas's Don't Phunk With My Heart. !!! What the hell is Srikanth Deva trying to prove ????

Scale
28th December 2005, 08:27 PM
Dinesh,

:lol: :rotfl:

Ezy, Take some pain to read this thread from the begining(or backwards). It has got solid proof for all your allegations.

ethana thadava thaan puriya vaikkirathunnu theriyala :banghead: palaya maave arachittu irukeengha. pudusa edhavadhu kondu vaangappa. Afterall V all are here to praise the composers original tracks & to confiscate the lifted tracks.

dinesh2002
29th December 2005, 11:31 AM
Dinesh,

:lol: :rotfl:

Ezy, Take some pain to read this thread from the begining(or backwards). It has got solid proof for all your allegations.

ethana thadava thaan puriya vaikkirathunnu theriyala :banghead: palaya maave arachittu irukeengha. pudusa edhavadhu kondu vaangappa. Afterall V all are here to praise the composers original tracks & to confiscate the lifted tracks.

hahahaha....Scale...pitty that fellow :P...scale,did u listen to that theme of Passion Of Christ...all harris did was added Sunitha's vocal...how come shankar approved it ? i mean using Jesus's rising theme for Anniyan (an imaginative caracter)? :shock:

ahi
1st January 2006, 06:13 PM
I was watching "Kanda naal muthal" the other day and there is a song called "pushing it hard" (or something to that like), the verse section of the song that comes immediately after the 1st interlude) has a such a close resemblance to the chorus section of the song "the boy is mine" by Brandy. The accompanying chords for that is the same as the orginal. Anybody else notice this ?

interz
1st January 2006, 06:32 PM
"Pushing it hard" also reminds a bit of "Thong Song" by Sisqo if someone remember.

app_engine
2nd January 2006, 11:43 AM
thavamAi thavamirundhu BGM has at least one lift from the track `Do anything' in HTNI...the solo flute piece towards the ending of this track (i.e. the one that is answered by a grand combo of violins)...

jml
5th January 2006, 01:55 AM
can u tell me that other song that has the same pallavi with en vieetu thothathil?? btw...what about the charanam??? same also??

Sorry Dinesh. I havent visited the forum for a few days. Actually I dont know the original song for sure. It happened like this. I was listening to a CD of Traditional Christian devotional songs and one of the songs happened to sound very similar to "En veettu thottathil." That song starts like "Aahamangall puhazh vetha namo." That time I thought that Christian song must be the original. But later one day I was watching a TV serial and one character sang a Hindu Devotional song. The tune was the same. I have heard that some traditional Christian songs have used tunes of Hindu Devotional songs. So I realised that that Hindu song must be the original but since I dont know Hindu songs I cant recall the words of that song. And that Christian song only has the pallavi similar to "En veettu thottathil." It does not have a separate tune for charanam. The pallavi's tune is used for charanam as well. The charanam for "En veettu thottathil" could be from the original hindu song or ARR could have extended the tune on his own. Someone who knows traditional hindu songs will have to clarify this.

rajasaranam
6th January 2006, 02:21 AM
easy jml whatever anybody says ARR fans are not gonna agree why wasting your time dude :wink:

jml
7th January 2006, 05:44 AM
easy jml whatever anybody says ARR fans are not gonna agree why wasting your time dude :wink:

Hehe... I am not trying hard to prove that ARR copied. I am not against ARR. I like his music a lot. Any true music lover would agree that both IR and ARR have given a lot of great music to be enjoyed forever. In fact a true music lover would enjoy good music no matter if it came from Beethoven or some unknown X :)

dude
7th January 2006, 07:36 AM
I was listening to this song by Gene Krupa recorded in 1940.

http://rapidshare.de/files/10552991/FullDressHop_GeneKrupa.mp3.html

The first 10 seconds which is played on a piano(with ghost notes on the high hat), reminds me of some tamil song. I have a feeling that this exact music fill has been used in a tamil song(or a bgm).

I have been racking my brain to find out which song it is.

TFM experts on the forum, please help out!

rajasaranam
7th January 2006, 10:13 AM
In fact a true music lover would enjoy good music no matter if it came from Beethoven or some unknown X :)
True and IR fans try accepting some realities about IR getting inspired or even copy sometimes. But I never find an ARR fan accepting that...thats why I said you are wasting time. :)

jml
8th January 2006, 03:36 AM
IR fans try accepting some realities about IR getting inspired or even copy sometimes. But I never find an ARR fan accepting that

I think it would change over time. I used to be a hardcore IR fan who thought only IR gives great music hehe. I just couldnt accept ARR for a considerable period of time. I was in denial. Then I grew out of it. You cant keep good things out. On the other hand when we are awestruck by a genius like IR or ARR we are apt to be blind to their weaknesses. But we learn over time that they too are humans.

Shankar
9th January 2006, 10:39 AM
A very 'subtle' copy....

Minnalai pidithu from shahjehan - Mani sharma has copied the pallavi from one of the phrases of the Ghost and the darkness theme...The notes are just the same, he's just slowed the tempo to come up with a very catchy opening line.

inetk
9th January 2006, 01:06 PM
No. 9 in http://www.itwofs.com/tamil-others.html

Couple of people also mailed me saying that they heard the same in Riverdance!

interz
15th January 2006, 02:03 AM
athi athikka (aathi)...and mukkulichu (from ayutha poojai) sounds similar but few people will notice that since they have forgotten many songs from 90's

great
16th January 2006, 07:29 PM
Pudhupettai theme music has the shades of the italian job BGM and ofcourse God father

Scale
16th January 2006, 09:53 PM
YSRajavai KANDA NAAL MUDHAL,

PUSHING IT HARD :rotfl:

http://tringtring.blogspot.com/2006/01/yo-yo-listen-to-dis.html

Music4Ever
18th January 2006, 02:50 AM
I believe the song adi thozhi adi thozhi is by VS in the movie thendral. There is a distinct lift of the music from ARR's veNNilavE veNNilavE viNNai thANdi varuvAyA in this song. One more copy by VS.

dinesh2002
21st January 2006, 07:06 PM
listen to achuvellame - TJ... the line " achuvela karumbe.... " until the line ends is just a folk verson of the line " If u wanna come along, come along...... having fun ".... from NEW.

dinesh2002
23rd January 2006, 08:27 PM
a good inspiration...or lift...i dunno...but here it is :

Penne Penne - Meesa Madhavan [2002] MD : Vidyasagar [Malayalam]
- Yaaro Yaarodi - Alaipayuthey [2000] MD : A.R.Rahman

0 : 20 - 0 : 57 [Penne Penne] DIRECT copy 0:00 - 0: 40 [Yaarodi]
3 : 23 - 3 : 50 [Penne Penne] DIRECT copy 2:00 - 2 : 25 [Yaarodi]

give it a listen....

jibi
24th January 2006, 06:47 AM
Dinesh,

the movie Meeshamadhavan was directed by young talent lal jose his nick name is ottapalam (palakad) maniratnam. and the situation in MM and ALAipa was same, so the director told VS to do a version of yaro yarodi...even the picturi is 75% same... even mallu fans like me always listen to tamil songs on the first day of release.. it was very surprising , even the audio reviews said abt the similarity in rythm.. but later the movie became one of the biggest grosser in Mallu and director Lal Jose told that it was an intentional attempt by Lal Jose & VS

dinesh2002
24th January 2006, 10:07 AM
Dinesh,

the movie Meeshamadhavan was directed by young talent lal jose his nick name is ottapalam (palakad) maniratnam. and the situation in MM and ALAipa was same, so the director told VS to do a version of yaro yarodi...even the picturi is 75% same... even mallu fans like me always listen to tamil songs on the first day of release.. it was very surprising , even the audio reviews said abt the similarity in rythm.. but later the movie became one of the biggest grosser in Mallu and director Lal Jose told that it was an intentional attempt by Lal Jose & VS

im very happy & glad the dir mentioned it openly.... :D unlike our tamil dirs & mds..... esp mr u know who :lol:

rags141
25th January 2006, 03:30 AM
"unnai kandaney" from parijatham sounds pretty similar with the "en kadhal" from thambi....any thoughts...

jibi
25th January 2006, 07:05 AM
the parijatham song creates the same moode as en kathal ... but its a close raga

dinesh2002
29th January 2006, 03:25 PM
another latest inspiration :

Album : Thambi, Music : Vidyasagar
Song : Suddum Nilave

Album : Mudhalvan, Music A.R.R.ahman
Song : Azhagane Ratchasiye

around 70% same!!

interz
29th January 2006, 05:03 PM
i already told that in thambi songs thread:banghead::banghead:

dinesh2002
29th January 2006, 07:22 PM
i already told that in thambi songs thread:banghead::banghead:

sorry machan,i didint visit that thread...normally i dun nose in other md's thread....but this issue came up in arr's group...so i posted it here.... :cry:

arsaregama
29th January 2006, 08:55 PM
hey heard thiruttu payale film by susiganesan is a copy of Catch me if u can?? is this true

Music4Ever
30th January 2006, 12:03 AM
What about YSR's catchy dhavani potta deepavali song in Sanda kozhi? I thought it is dangerously close to Gori tera gaon bada sung by KJY in Chitchor. It is also same type as YSR's Daas song which goes Sokku podi pottanE.. Very catchy though.

vijayr
30th January 2006, 02:09 AM
"What about YSR's catchy dhavani potta deepavali song in Sanda kozhi? I thought it is dangerously close to Gori tera gaon bada sung by KJY in Chitchor. "

Music4ever, damn, I was thinking the same thing earlier today. It cannot be called a copy,but an inspiration cannot be ruled out

jaiganes
30th January 2006, 09:52 AM
Why go that far ? It reminds of a song from Dhool. only thing is that the Dhool song was more noisy and this one retains a good melodic feel.

Scale
8th February 2006, 07:01 PM
CANNOT say as COPY but found some resemblance for few secnds.

1. chorus:
gnaana pazhamae gnanapazhamae (slow) (weird sound kiyu 9 :lol2:)
nee chevvaipettai..gnaanapazhamae (weird sound repeats kiyu 9 :lol2:)

that sound was in Ist interlude as well...

enga area ullavarathe (fast) (same weird sound kiyu 9 :lol2:)
enga area ullavarathe (weird sound repeats kiyu 9 :lol2:)

2. Listen to Chinnathaiyaval (Prelude) The pattern sounds similar to PP Themes..

Nerd
9th February 2006, 03:51 AM
The music piece in the intial few seconds of the song vennila vennila vennilaavE from iruvar is a rip-off from an english song. Happened to listen that english song some 10 days back in a public place. Neither the song nor the artist is famous I think. Anyone here knows anything about that??

stranger
9th February 2006, 03:54 AM
I hear the "same" of

"kaNpEsum vaarththaigaL purivadhillai" in a hip hop song! :)

dinesh2002
9th February 2006, 09:43 AM
The music piece in the intial few seconds of the song vennila vennila vennilaavE from iruvar is a rip-off from an english song. Happened to listen that english song some 10 days back in a public place. Neither the song nor the artist is famous I think. Anyone here knows anything about that??

hmmm....how sure are u that vennila -iruvar's bit was copied from eng song & not vice versa ?? Iruvar was released on 1997 u know :wink:

thumburu
9th February 2006, 11:59 AM
No Dinesh, kasi_sce is right. I have heard that english song too. But I didn't point it out here as I too didn't know any details about that english song. That song used to be played in few malls in Pune around early 90's .
"KaN pesum" is a shameless rip off of "kuch kuchi raakamma". Wondering how this song became a hit!!!
That Asin intro song in Ghajini. The tune again seems to be copied from ARR's Udhaya song "thiruvallikeni rani"

dinesh2002
9th February 2006, 01:37 PM
ohh..ahhaha...:D which part was ripped off may i know.... :D

thumburu...not only that... X Machi's intro is a ripp off from Osaka Muraiya - 1 2 ka 4 ..

thamizhvaanan
9th February 2006, 04:07 PM
speaking of iruvar, (i havent listened to all of the songs) i remember watching in one promo of the film, the music peice from Old Spice ad came. I am not sure wether it was there in any song. But that musical peice ( a gr8 chorus) is a rework of 1930'classic Carmina Burana. Anyone please confirm the details, because i really dont know wether the music appeared in any of the songs. copying for trailer's sake is not new. for example ARR's WOHE is ripped to the extreme blatantly in most of the recent trailers from Majaa to kalaba kadalan.

Speaking of Carmina Burana, it seems tat rahman definitely likes it. the bg that appears in mudhalvan(chorus) is Carmina Burana type (may be an inspiration)

sloshed
9th February 2006, 08:55 PM
Hve you guyz had a peek at this..
this is new to me..

http://www.dhool.com/sotd2/728.html

dinesh2002
9th February 2006, 10:06 PM
this is new to me..

just those 2 lines???but ARR's version is more touching.... very soulful song.... :D pardon for my ignorance,but beein in ARR's era...i dun find any speciality in that MSV song :?

sloshed
9th February 2006, 10:26 PM
Dinesh ....
its not the just two lines....its the whole tempo of the song... the so called octaves and high pitch ranges almost match .....anywayz.. My guess is ARR wouldnt even have heard the other song when he composed it.. what to do .. there are only 7 swaras to work with ....
BTW I am equally suprised by 'just 2 lines??' from you ..
You have been bringing in 0.01 sec to 0.0015 copying stuff from HJ ... and now you are amused at just 2 lines ???
off course there other accusations i see here... about Kan pesum and Xmachi... like they could have been lifted... could have been inspired... could have been stolen in the day when ARR was sleeping..

The only sad part is they are all hits and how!!

beats mee folks

dinesh2002
9th February 2006, 11:42 PM
ARR is def aware of MSV's compositions... infact ARR likes MSV.... and man...simple logic..im in the generation of ARR & HJ....so every ARR music is in me,and when i listen to current songs which even has 1 sec of ARR's music,i can take notice,i will listen again & comment....

Scale
10th February 2006, 10:53 AM
this is new to me..

I think this was brought in by Shankar or njv & someone (Vijayr? or M4ever) replied to it. Couldn't trace it out....

Dinesh :thumbsup:. He proved it here several times here as well as in his website.

ARR fans futurela compose panna mattum pottu kuduthudatheenga. :wink:

dinesh2002
10th February 2006, 01:59 PM
hahahahah scale :lol: thanksu :P

btw...i heard the song again....i dunno how to explain, it has the same 2 lines,and the the so called octaves as u said...but the feel is diff....hmm...both also sounds good.... but i def prefer ARR's....not coz im ARR fan,but it had that touching feeling more with its interlude & ofcource the beautiful renderation by both the legends !!!

Music4Ever
10th February 2006, 11:54 PM
"I think this was brought in by Shankar or njv & someone (Vijayr? or M4ever) replied to it. Couldn't trace it out...."

Not me, for sure. Perhaps Vijayr replied. BTW Nenjathai kiLLAthE is an IR movie not MSV.

Every MD has had his fair share of lifts, whether it be MSV, KVM, IR, or ARR. Of late, however, ARR has this disturbing tendency of using some of MSV-TKR old songs in his songs. For example, Undhan desathin kural in Swades is definitely inspired from an old MSV-TKR song (Vandha naaL mudhal indha naaL varai vaanam maaravillai.....vaanum mannum kadal kaatrum mandhan maari vittan). One song from Pukar is inspired from Kallellam maanikka kaal aaguma. Etc.

vijayr
11th February 2006, 12:59 AM
I couldnt have replied as I heard the original song only after reading that post. It was probably some other song you guys are talking about. BTW, the name of the original movie was Nenjaththai aLLIthaa(not nenjaththai kiLLaadhe) and MD was MSV.The similiarity is restricted to the first line, although the sandhams are slightly different.

Music4ever, undhan desaththin Kural has absolutely no similiarity with vandha naaL. ARR probably has utmost 2 or 3 songs which has a fleeting resemblance with some old MSV songs- a case of mild inspiration at best. The more disturbing tendency for me is remixing or blatantly reusing old songs, done by MDs like YSR, Srikanth Deva etc.

njv
11th February 2006, 01:56 AM
"I think this was brought in by Shankar or njv & someone (Vijayr? or M4ever) replied to it. Couldn't trace it out...."

naan illappa. enna anavasiyama vambula maatividatheenga. shiva shiva.

Scale
11th February 2006, 10:15 AM
Njv,

Athu vamba :huh: We (ARR) fans are also very curious from where he draws inspirations.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. M4E & Vijayr, Thanks for the replies.

njv
12th February 2006, 05:37 PM
Njv,

Athu vamba :huh: We (ARR) fans are also very curious from where he draws inspirations.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. M4E & Vijayr, Thanks for the replies.

Was only kidding. ARR had more inspiration from MSV than IR and even IR has his inspiration from MSV. Nothing wrong in it. MSV showed the way to IR and ARR. MSV is a musical pithamagan.

MADDY
12th February 2006, 06:05 PM
For example, Undhan desathin kural in Swades is definitely inspired from an old MSV-TKR song (Vandha naaL mudhal indha naaL varai vaanam maaravillai.....vaanum mannum kadal kaatrum mandhan maari vittan). One song from Pukar is inspired from Kallellam maanikka kaal aaguma. Etc.

hey i can accept the pukar one but not the Swades song.....undhan desathin kural is one of ARR's best songs it is 100% ARR's and not a MSV-inspired song.....

MADDY
12th February 2006, 06:10 PM
The more disturbing tendency for me is remixing or blatantly reusing old songs, done by MDs like YSR, Srikanth Deva etc.

:clap: :clap:

well said vijay, YSR, who is supposed to replace ARRahman at the top, blatantly remixes IR's songs.....

Music4Ever
12th February 2006, 08:05 PM
Can't ignore when two have contested my observation :)

First of all, I believe the song is an inspiration and not a blatant lift. And now for the exact postion, listen after Gangai unnai azhaikkiradhu ... pala samayam unai azhaikiradhu, and then

At 2.45 (on Raaga) the following threatens to remind of the said MSV-TKR song [ :wink: ]

kannAmoochi Attam azhaikka
chinna pattAm poochi kootam azahaikka .....
needhan chinna nila cholaidhan azhaikka

Maybe it is just me, I guess. That said, the resemblance is not unlike Kumari of HJ and Ennuyir thozhiyE of ARR (the former threatens to mimick the latter). The inspiration is subtle and it is often the case with clever MD's. Just my opinion.

kingvj
19th February 2006, 01:31 AM
Not sure if this is posted earlier..

heard a song from Jithan sung by Shankar Mahadevan (the hero ramesh dancing with two bar dancers kinda).. the entire charanam of the song was a complete shameless rip-off of 'Koduthadhellaam Koduthaan' (Padagotti)...!!!

Gives a feel like, an impotent guy calling some one else's kid as his own.

Scale
20th February 2006, 12:33 PM
Is Koranghu Kayil Maalaa (MX) a rehash of Vanam Endhan Melirukka (Vetrivizha) ?

even here

vathiyium beediyum "Hey naina"

My doubts?

njv
21st February 2006, 07:35 AM
I heard nErukku nEr nindru paarungaL pOdhum from edhirigaL jaakkiradhai (music by veda) and the first two lines are exactly like Vaarayen thozi vaarayen thozi vaivittu seeti adi (jeans, ARR)

thumburu
21st February 2006, 06:15 PM
Just listened to "Aadhi" songs. The first 2 lines in the song "Athi athika" is a note to note rip off from a not so recent song which Iam not able to spot out exactly. I vaguely remember if the song was sung by Swarnalatha.
Indha paata correctaa identify panra adhi budhisaaligaLukku 1000 veLLi kaasugal parisaLikkapadum dum dum dum!!! :) :) :)

njv
22nd February 2006, 01:01 AM
Just listened to "Aadhi" songs. The first 2 lines in the song "Athi athika" is a note to note rip off from a not so recent song which Iam not able to spot out exactly. I vaguely remember if the song was sung by Swarnalatha.
Indha paata correctaa identify panra adhi budhisaaligaLukku 1000 veLLi kaasugal parisaLikkapadum dum dum dum!!! :) :) :)

I dont listend to songs from VJ movies (exceptions are IR, ARR, YSR) and now I have to listen just to get 1000 velli kaasugal. Okay I will do that tonight :(

vijayr
22nd February 2006, 02:26 AM
"heard a song from Jithan sung by Shankar Mahadevan (the hero ramesh dancing with two bar dancers kinda).. the entire charanam of the song was a complete shameless rip-off of 'Koduthadhellaam Koduthaan' (Padagotti)...!!!

Gives a feel like, an impotent guy calling some one else's kid as his own."

If one were to list Srikanth Deva's copied songs, one could end up listing his entire discography.He makes his father look remarkably original in comparison.

Scale
22nd February 2006, 10:39 AM

I dont listend to songs from VJ movies (exceptions are IR, ARR, YSR) and now I have to listen just to get 1000 velli kaasugal. Okay I will do that tonight :(

I dont remember even a single frame from that movie :banghead:. irundhalum 1000 velli kaasugal aache try panren. Yaaru nadicha padam clue pls.

Scale
22nd February 2006, 10:43 AM
"heard a song from Jithan sung by Shankar Mahadevan (the hero ramesh dancing with two bar dancers kinda).. the entire charanam of the song was a complete shameless rip-off of 'Koduthadhellaam Koduthaan' (Padagotti)...!!!

If one were to list Srikanth Deva's copied songs, one could end up listing his entire discography.He makes his father look remarkably original in comparison.

Recently I heard a remix version of "Adho Andha paravai pola" . Yaaruppa andha punniyavan :evil: :banghead:

interz
22nd February 2006, 07:03 PM
"Thiruttu Payalae Thiruttu Payalae sethi keladaa" from Thirutty payalae (credit Bharadwaj) is sounding much like "Arayasiyal Arasiyal ethilium engum arasiyal" from the movie Arasiyal (credit Vidyasagar). A clear copy!!!!

popeye11
22nd February 2006, 08:17 PM

Recently I heard a remix version of "Adho Andha paravai pola" . Yaaruppa andha punniyavan :evil: :banghead:

Madrasi - D.IMMAN than!

stranger
24th February 2006, 05:12 AM
The beginning music of the PBS's song "etho manidhan piRanthuvittaan" reminds me of some song I heard in DUET.

Anybody agrees or disagrees ? :roll:

dinesh2002
24th February 2006, 11:28 AM
wuts PBS???

stranger
24th February 2006, 08:04 PM
I meant the play-back singer P B Srinivas!

Please dont ask what is Srinivaas again! :D

dinesh2002
24th February 2006, 08:40 PM
I meant the play-back singer P B Srinivas!

Please dont ask what is Srinivaas again! :D

whats srinivas??? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Just kidding!!!

Music4Ever
26th February 2006, 01:15 AM
Bloody S***. Here is one more revelation. I always thought at least Devuda Devuda in Chandramukhi was VS's own tune, although resembling koduva meesa aruva paarva at places. Today, however, I was listening to a Hindi number on Zee TV and what do I get? The song is from Pyar Kiya To Darne Kiya by Jatin Lalit and it starts like Odhli chunariya. Listen at 3:20 and 5:22 and you will agree that "endha thozhil seidhal enna seyyum thozhil deivam endru Pattukottai paattil sonnanE" is a rip off from this Hindi song. The Hindi audio would have been out in 1998.

Oh, I listened to the number again and I realized that the rip off occurs even at 0:50 itself.

This makes it three ripoffs (this one, Aththindhom, and Ra ra) in one movie itself. An impressive achievement! Pooh.

interz
26th February 2006, 05:39 AM
way to go man, u spent soo much time for finding a reason to critisize my idol.

Music4Ever
26th February 2006, 11:28 PM
interz, take it easy. Here is an example of the reverse happening, from Tamil to Hindi. IR's song "vanji kodi manja chedi kandu pidi" goes like "poova mudikka-thaan poovaaram katta-than" somewhere in the song. This exact part can be noticed in the Hindi number that goes Jaan Meri jaane jaana in Thakshak at 1:59. MD is ARR. However, fans might consider this as nitpicking of the highest order from me.

vijayr
27th February 2006, 10:21 AM
BTW, that song from Ponnumani was composed by KR,not IR.

Scale
27th February 2006, 10:46 AM
Couldnt grasp which song and movie were you all discussing. Pls be more specific abt movie & track names. Thanks.

Isnt "Ponnumani" Karthik starrer music by IR? :shock:

thumburu
27th February 2006, 01:38 PM
eureka!!! 1000 porkaasugaL enakke enakku thaan :)
"athi athikka" from Aathi starting lines resemble an SPB-SL duet " thotta vudam thotta vudam dhaane" from a mid 90's film "karuppu roja" . Both Vidhyasagar and the unknown MD of karuppu roja might have conjured up a similar start

vijayr
27th February 2006, 08:24 PM
Scale, only that particular song was done by KR, the music for the film was by IR.

kingvj
1st March 2006, 01:47 AM
This makes it three ripoffs (this one, Aththindhom, and Ra ra) in one movie itself. An impressive achievement! Pooh.

I think I missed that discussion. Can u pls enlighten me of what the originals are?

dinesh2002
1st March 2006, 10:51 AM

I think I missed that discussion. Can u pls enlighten me of what the originals are?

Raa Raa's Original - Raa Raa - Apthamitra
eventhough the tune was very diff....the arrangements r very close..not to mention the tune " Raa Raa...Sarasukku Raa Raa...Raa Raa chintaku Chera" is a direct lift from the Original Raa Raa....

some1 even said raa raa was very close to 1 song called : isaiyarasi - thaimookambikai ....

Athintom :

Athinthom [Film: Chandramukhi (2005)] <TC>
Composer: Vidyasagar
Seems to have been lifted directly from a traditional Malayalam track of the same name!
Listen to Athinthom (Chandramukhi) | Athinthom (Original)

Supposed to be an old folk song from Kerala made popular by many local bands, including one called 'Karinthalakkootam'!

http://itwofs.com/tamil-others.html

Vysar
1st March 2006, 06:03 PM
Listen to "King of Chennai" from Badri

http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0000345.html

"Kannai Vittu" from Pattiyal

http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0000788.html

The starting tune of the song is the same. When IR lifts from legends Beethovan, MSV etc his son is lifting from Telugu MDs.

inetk
1st March 2006, 06:33 PM
Kannai vittu is definitely got nothing to do with that song in Badri. Its in fact a partial lift of Kevin Lyttle's 2003 chartbuster 'Turn me on' that was recently lifted far more blatantly by Anu Malik on Deewane huye paagal as 'Chakle chakle'. Check out No. 55 in the Anu Malik page in www.itwofs.com.

YSR's inspiration is not as blatant as Malik but you could easily make out the first two lines' similarity!

rashid2raj
5th March 2006, 01:12 AM
Yesterday i heard a song, which i think Deva got inspired by :D :

LINK: http://www.mytempdir.com/492847

What do you think?? Doesn't the tune sound like "Thundai kaanom" from Devathaya kanden???

rajasaranam
5th March 2006, 02:33 PM
Kannai vittu is definitely got nothing to do with that song in Badri. Its in fact a partial lift of Kevin Lyttle's 2003 chartbuster 'Turn me on' that was recently lifted far more blatantly by Anu Malik on Deewane huye paagal as 'Chakle chakle'. Check out No. 55 in the Anu Malik page in www.itwofs.com.

YSR's inspiration is not as blatant as Malik but you could easily make out the first two lines' similarity!

I too dont think these one line two line tune resemblence can be called copies. I've heard many songs where the tune resembles some other songs in single line or so. Listen to 'vadu maangai' where the charanam ends 'something like 'sithadai paavadai' its the same tune as in 'sithadai paavadai' of 'thalukki minukki' from Varusham pathinaaru. Probably the current MD's derive some inspiration from a single line in a tune and builds other portions of the song around it. But these can never become copies...As its being done by all top MD's.

BTW why dont you add a page on Lifted songs of Raja in hindi by anand milind, anumalik etc.,
I would love to have a complete picture to know and study what Raja missed to encapture the minds of northies.
Some songs that i can instantly rememeber are
Tu tu tu thara <> Rakkamma kaiya thattu
dhak dhak <> Ammani theeyani
Chandni raat hai[Bhagi] <> keladi kanmani[puthu puthu]
Paayalae chumme chumme <> Inji Idupazhagi
Sathiyaa [love love love] <> Ethetho aasaigal...
There should be more than 50 songs like this...it'll be helpful if you could compile them in separate page :?

Sanjeevi
5th March 2006, 03:38 PM
rajasaranam and inetk

I also expect the same as rajasaranam. What about "Poove sempoovee" song in Hindi :roll:. Once i read an interview from Anand milind. has told that "we(?) are hardcore fan's of IR thats why we are inspired from him a lot" :lol:

Sanjeevi
5th March 2006, 03:41 PM
Also i remembered an interview from Anu malik. He told about his copying like this

"How did IR and ARR compose that songs before me"

inetk
5th March 2006, 03:58 PM
The only reason why I didnt get into yet at itwofs is I dont have the time to compile such a long list. I've a simple text list that I have been promising myself to add with saong samples etc. but never come down to do that. Should get that done one of these days or perhaps add it to my year 2007 resolutions :P

Pveena
6th March 2006, 08:48 AM
I recently heard the song "Lealakku lealakku Leala" from Adhi, and noticed it's a copy from the song by the Desi pop singer Raghav. (www.raghav.com) Especially the underlying beats and rhythms, and of course the chorus.

The song "Aint Nobody" from Raghav's 2004 album "Storyteller" can be heard on raaga.com (go to this link http://www.raaga.com/channels/hindi/movie/HP000011.html and scroll down to the song "aint nobody" and Click to listen). The chorus is especially noticeable!

It's a great song by Raghav, and I am also enjoying the Tamil version, but I cannot believe the way it was just copied!

-Veena

popeye11
6th March 2006, 10:43 AM
Theres an other song with the same tune!
oruthanuku oruthi - Planet Galatta

suresh_17
7th March 2006, 02:12 PM
hi...

how are u all?

im a new member for this forum.... :D :D :D :D :D

suresh_17
7th March 2006, 02:18 PM
my first post...

yuvan thepidika song from arindum ariyamalum was inspired from jay sean.
the instruments and beat,starting stlye same.

dinesh2002
7th March 2006, 02:32 PM
welcome suresh....hope u enjoy ur stay here !

and guys...1 more thing...did anyone notice all these songs sound alike ?? not only they have the same singer,its for the same hero :?

1.Chanakya - Dum
2.Nibuna - Kuthu
3.Manmadhane - Manmadhan

vasanth2006
7th March 2006, 02:52 PM

pls give the more details. from jay sean's which song?. is there any online source?. (pls give the details always).
thankz.

suresh_17
8th March 2006, 12:42 PM
[
quote="vasanth2006"]

pls give the more details. from jay sean's which song?. is there any online source?. (pls give the details always).
thankz.

here are the link.

download the song here.

http://www.savefile.com/files.php?fid=1877667

listen with high volume.

suresh_17
8th March 2006, 12:57 PM
please download and listen to this song with high volume..

http://www.savefile.com/files.php?fid=6002155

its from our ar rahman.

it is mupabala from Kadhalan. :o :shock: :? :(

united07
8th March 2006, 01:39 PM
Why no one mentioned the outright copy by Srikanth Deva (upholding the legacy of his father) in Saravana!

Gori Tera - Don't Phunk With My Heart from Black Eyed Peas!

dinesh2002
8th March 2006, 03:03 PM
please download and listen to this song with high volume..

http://www.savefile.com/files.php?fid=6002155

its from our ar rahman.

it is mupabala from Kadhalan. :o :shock: :? :(

that beat is called LOOP...even the pro have cleared it bout dr alban... here it is :

Thenmerku paruvakkaatru [Film: Karuthamma]

The beats are similar to a track by Dr Alban, 'Om we rembwe ike'. Note that Dr Alban himself uses a lot of commercially available loops and CDs to create songs!
Listen to Thenmerku paruvakaatru | Om we rembwe ike

The beats are sure inspired. As usual the tune remains very original. The 'yei nee romba azhaga irukke' song, 'Poi sollalaam' uses similar beats!
http://itwofs.com/tamil-arr.html

interz
17th March 2006, 07:46 PM
Kan pesum Varthaigal (7 G Rainbow Colony) -------> Ennai kollaiyittu pooghum alaghe vaa (JODI)

COpy or INspiration??? ...it sounds same!!!

dinesh2002
18th March 2006, 06:04 AM
Kan pesum Varthaigal (7 G Rainbow Colony) -------> Ennai kollaiyittu pooghum alaghe vaa (JODI)

never strike my mind....but i taut the 1st 2 lines of kan pesum varthagal is from Kuchi Kuchi rakamma - Bombay

thamizhvaanan
18th March 2006, 07:43 PM

neither copy nor inspiration, i wud say coincidence. i dont think YSR wud have thot of framing a song taking care to copy only a minor portion of it. tat shudnt be called lifting or not even inspiration.

inbetween dinesh u said that

never strike my mind....but i taut the 1st 2 lines of kan pesum varthagal is from Kuchi Kuchi rakamma - Bombay
does this mean that rahman intended to use the same tune for kuchi kuchi rakkama and jodi song? wat do u think?

dinesh2002
18th March 2006, 09:16 PM

neither copy nor inspiration, i wud say coincidence. i dont think YSR wud have thot of framing a song taking care to copy only a minor portion of it. tat shudnt be called lifting or not even inspiration.

inbetween dinesh u said that

does this mean that rahman intended to use the same tune for kuchi kuchi rakkama and jodi song? wat do u think?

i have BOLDED ur answer !! :lol:

MADDY
19th March 2006, 09:27 AM
well, ARR has a very bad memory of his own tunes i guess :D ......listen to these songs:

ottagathai kattiko(Gentleman) and Halla Gulla (Bombay) - pallavi is the same....

ottagathai kattiko, gettiyaga ottiko
nee siricha deewana, kai kodatha mastana

kokku saiva kokku(muthu) and pachai kiligal (Indian)

listen to the part - bramhachari yaarum inge kidayathu from muthu song and chinna chiru kootukulle sorgam irukku from Indian song.....they are absolutely same.....

latest, yenge enathu kavithai (Kandukondein*2) and kaatril oru varthai (Godfather).....they also have same pallavi.....

so, maybe ARR did use same tune for kuchi kuchi raakkama and jodi song.....YSR, in between got inspired by this piece.... :D ....

united07
19th March 2006, 12:07 PM
Maddy,
Pachai Kiligal is the exact same tune as the Suthi Suthi Vantihe! How can you miss that!

:)

dinesh2002
19th March 2006, 03:24 PM
i think its common this thing happens...but yea...wut about " Garerisa sa sa " in Anarkali & the veenai instrument in Kamma Kamma - u18e20 during the second interlude..i think its the same 1 too...

dinesh2002
19th March 2006, 03:32 PM
wanted to add this....the thing is...ARR doesnt repeat a particular tune over & over for years... :lol:

suresh_17
19th March 2006, 03:38 PM
song from muthu vidukatiya indhe varkei same tune with roja roja from kadalar dhinam. i forgot the lyrics. something start from vidaitaruma....

rajasaranam
19th March 2006, 09:41 PM
wanted to add this....the thing is...ARR doesnt repeat a particular tune over & over for years... :lol:
how can he:? when he works for only 4 films a year and total of just above 300 songs. for him even the repetetions you people are poitning out is a shame :twisted:

MADDY
20th March 2006, 08:21 AM
how can he:? when he works for only 4 films a year and total of just above 300 songs. for him even the repetetions you people are poitning out is a shame :twisted:

RS aiyya, i guess that is better than copying from some other MD......the repeating percentage will be somehere in 4-5% of his total output.....moreover, these are minute details which can be only noticed by his fans or ppl. who really analyse his song...

thamizhvaanan
20th March 2006, 09:24 AM
i wonder why no one has ever noticed this (or mentioned this :) ). 'roja roja' from kadalar dinam and 'kadalenum' from the same film have got the SAME beginning portion. i think this was particularly intentional, where the maestro showcases his ability to deliver two vastly different songs building them from the same base.
i guess he wud have composd the tune for the pallavi and ended up with two different charanams. the director mite have requested both in his film(similar thing happened with subhash ghai). but the two songs are vastly different in their style, mood and approach

thamizhvaanan
20th March 2006, 09:38 AM
latest, yenge enathu kavithai (Kandukondein*2) and kaatril oru varthai (Godfather).....they also have same pallavi.....

maddy, i think comparing yenge enathu kavidai and kaatril is a bit far-fetched. if at all we can find any similarity it must be due to some raga on which these songs are based (i am not a raga expert :D).

u are right in pointing out these similarities. i think this used to be a drawback in ARRs music in the beginning. at times he failed to shrug off his own influence :D . but not anymore. for some strange reasons i like his current songs more than his yesteryears (there are exceptions involving timeless melodies ofcourse!).

his tunes seems to be a lot fresher post Bombay dreams, with more melody and soul. wat do u think?

MADDY
20th March 2006, 01:26 PM
yaa that's true thamizh...ARR has shrugged off his own influence.....these similarities exist with all MDs...

u r right when u say he has improved post-bombay dreams....post bombay dreams he has given Bose,Swades,Rang de basanti, ayutha ezhuthu, New (amma song is very classy), Mangal pandey, Godfather (innisai song).........though he has lost out on commercial terms, he has stepped up in creativity field.....

Vysar
20th March 2006, 11:26 PM
"Inisai" from God Father is an inspiration of "Kangalum Kavi Paduthey" from Adutha Veetu Penn (1950s movie)

Kangalum Kavi Paduthey

http://as01.cooltoad.com/music/song.php?id=212188&PHPSESSID=85d0d9b4fd671806f30abc8e89fd2000

Inisai

http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0000787.html

rashid2raj
20th March 2006, 11:31 PM
"Inisai" from God Father is an inspiration of "Kangalum Kavi Paduthey" from Adutha Veetu Penn (1950s movie)

Do you have the song, or do you know were to listen :?

njv
21st March 2006, 09:44 AM

Kangalum Kavi Paduthey

http://as01.cooltoad.com/music/song.php?id=212188&PHPSESSID=85d0d9b4fd671806f30abc8e89fd2000

Inisai

You the man. I have been thinking what song it is and literally irritating sometime to know that it was a old song but u dont know which song it is. Thanks for pointing this out.

BTW Uyire song in VV is also some old (may be MGR) song. let me know if you find it.

thumburu
21st March 2006, 12:45 PM
That ARR lifted for that "Anarkali" piece and "gamagama" song in E20U18 from violin maestro Lalgudi'd most famous "thillaana" was already pointed out in this very same thread, few years back

vijayr
21st March 2006, 08:23 PM
Innisai has nothing much in common with KaNgaLum kavi paadudhey. Both the notes and sandham are different.

dinesh2002
21st March 2006, 09:42 PM

Kangalum Kavi Paduthey

Inisai

listened...u gotta be kidding me !!! :hammer: only the 1st line " Innisai alapadeiye" & "Kangalil Kavi Padhudhe" sounds simular...for that 1 line...u say inspired??? :poke:

Vysar
21st March 2006, 10:03 PM
listened...u gotta be kidding me !!! :hammer: only the 1st line " Innisai alapadeiye" & "Kangalil Kavi Padhudhe" sounds simular...for that 1 line...u say inspired??? :poke:

Vijayr and dinesh2002 are hardcore ARR fans so I just ignore their opinion out of respect. I am waiting on Karthik S opinion.

vijayr
21st March 2006, 10:16 PM
"Vijayr and dinesh2002 are hardcore ARR fans "

Vysar, from where did you get this wrong impression? :-) I am pointing out the facts as I have observed it. In fact I thought Innisai's first line had more of a resemblance to IR's "kaNNanai kaaNbaaya" from manithanin marupakkam and posted it earlier. But that first line is pretty much a regular Hindolam phrase used in many songs. Rest of the lines in the song are completely different.

MADDY
21st March 2006, 11:46 PM
hey vyasar, vijay is a neutral guy...i can vouch for that.....

yes i agree with dinesh and vijay, innisai is not inspired from kangalum kavi paduthey (after listening to them)......just 2-5 seconds of similarity cannot be called as "inspiration"........if that is the case then half of YSR's songs are inspired from IR and all HJ songs are copied from ARR.....

rajdes
22nd March 2006, 09:52 AM
"hey vyasar, vijay is a neutral guy...i can vouch for that.....

"
Maddy, I can follow what you are saying but still i cant help thinking if that could have been phrased better :-)

dinesh2002
22nd March 2006, 11:05 AM
hey vyasar, vijay is a neutral guy...i can vouch for that.....

yes i agree with dinesh and vijay, innisai is not inspired from kangalum kavi paduthey (after listening to them)......just 2-5 seconds of similarity cannot be called as "inspiration"........if that is the case then half of YSR's songs are inspired from IR and all HJ songs are copied from ARR.....

classic man !! :rotfl: ithuku enna soluringe machan!! :rotfl:

Scale
22nd March 2006, 12:41 PM
rajdes, Let me rephrase :)

Honestly, vijayr is the most majestic-unbiased personality in this hub (apart from itwofs,karthik). Otherwise, our survival (ARR fans) :lol: will be much more difficult in explaining verbally rather technically. Even the MOD's/musically sound ppl remains silence & others takes full advantage. Look no comments from thumburu, whereas he advised Vysar to try hard (for earlier YSR's accusation). My man njv! :rotfl:

DJYSR OMG! pls dont bring him. He is the most plagiarist/easily inspired composers of all. I just listened to Raagav's story teller . All his current new beats-old songs are heavily inspired & deliberately done in the name of creativity (TFM) :evil:

vijayr
22nd March 2006, 09:54 PM
Scale, I am not all that unbiased(maybe in comparison to some of the newbie hubbers here who are actively waving their camp flags, I might look so). Like I said earlier, each of us have soft corners for specific eras in TFM, specific TFM MDs etc. But copied/inspired songs is one topic where you can debate a little bit more objectively because the facts are out there for everyone to see or listen. I find that sometimes words like "inspiration" or "lift" are loosely used around here for songs of biggies like IR/ARR and that's when I sometimes step in to throw in my 2 cents.

However, when it comes to Srikanth Deva we all seem to wave the same flag :-)

Vysar
22nd March 2006, 10:13 PM
I am sorry Vijay.

HR copying ARR, YSR copying IR, and IR copying MSV, doesn't justify ARR copying MSV, IR, Adi Narayana Rao, KV Mahadevan etc.

Sanjeevi
22nd March 2006, 10:31 PM
I am sorry Vijay.

HR copying ARR, YSR copying IR, and IR copying MSV, doesn't justify ARR copying MSV, IR, Adi Narayana Rao, KV Mahadevan etc.

hilarious :lol: and best decade's joke :lol:

:twisted: :evil:

rajasaranam
22nd March 2006, 10:56 PM
Some One Please draw a line between Copying and Inspiration :twisted:

vijayr
22nd March 2006, 11:54 PM
Vysar, did you even read what I wrote earlier? I am not justifying anything here. But the FACT is that what you have listed as a copy is NOT. I dont have to be a die-hard ARR fan to say this(and I dont know where you got the impression that I was one). Anyone with a pair of good ears can tell that Innisai has nothing resembling kaNgaLum kavipaaduthey. The meter, notes etc. everything is different.I have pointed out ARR's inspirations before myself.But this is'nt one.

Vysar
23rd March 2006, 12:59 AM
I am genuinely sorry Vijayr. The second sentence is not intended for you.

rajdes
23rd March 2006, 10:33 AM
I would go by vijay's self-evaluation - nobody is really unbiased here. Bias is inherent in everyone. What we can aspire to is "fairness" and "objectivity" - in recognising our biases and therefore, as a consquence, recognising an equal and opposite bias and let it be. If you guys really think about it, the so-called ARR fanatics are equal opposites of the so-called IR fanatics/YSR fanatics etc.

Scale
23rd March 2006, 01:16 PM
"so-called ARR fanatics are equal opposites of the so-called IR fanatics/YSR fanatics etc."

We never denyed it :wink:. And we reverse "skud" only if they mock ARR's & CT threads. But pls dont include vijayr to this list. katradhai pirarukku paara patchamindri pagirndhalipadhu periya vishayam. :thumbsup: evvalavu musical/technical vishayangala laymana irundhu katruiruppen. IMO, Thats what he is doing everytime inspite of so much hindrances. paaratukkuriyavarai nichayamaagha paaratuven. Thats what I have learnt from Gurunadhar ARR.

Scale
23rd March 2006, 02:28 PM

Inspiration
__________________________________________________ ________

Copying

Why :twisted: ? :wink: :rotfl:

MADDY
23rd March 2006, 02:51 PM

Inspiration
__________________________________________________ ________

Copying

Why :twisted: ? :wink: :rotfl:

tell u wat scale, after i read this message, i laughed out so loud in the office that my manager came running out of his cabin to see wat happened to me.... :lol: ......

RS sir, copying and inspiration have changed meaning in the past few yrs......did u mean to say that???

Chelian
23rd March 2006, 03:12 PM
Eg Of inspiration..
--- Make a song with 'Billie jean' bass beat but completely different tune or melody.
---Use rap beats( similar to english songs) to enhance the songs,,whose melody and tune itself is original. YSR seems to be doing this a lot.

Eg of Copy..
---Use and retain the exact melody or tune ( or composite tunes from different no s) of previously recorded songs.
Deva and his son has done this a lot.(surely no arguments here )
There is another type of Copy - which is using the tune of previously recorded tune/melody, and camouflage it with extensive and innovative music arrangement. HJ and ARR are very good in this department.
Listen to KAKA- KAKA 1st no - uyirin uyiray..see how he plays and manipulates the famous Sting song. Well maybe we should call it 'subtle' copy.
Honestly I dont find many ARR's songs which are subtlly copied . However I know for sure the song from Padaiyappa - Vetri kodi katte- its tune is exact copy of and english no. ( sorry cant recall the name)

So we can sum it up.----------- All three of these guys ARR, HJ and YSR ,are somewhat guilty in a way by getting inspirations and little bit of 'copying ' here and there.

rocketboy
23rd March 2006, 08:03 PM
interesting post chelian. 8-)

rashid2raj
23rd March 2006, 08:42 PM
Eg Of inspiration..

Listen to KAKA- KAKA 1st no - uyirin uyiray..see how he plays and manipulates the famous Sting song. Well maybe we should call it 'subtle' copy.

Which Sting song is it?

dinesh2002
23rd March 2006, 08:56 PM
hey guys...was alwiz thinking...isnt Karna's Malare Mounama is simular with Pudhu Vellai Malai - Roja...??? not only the music...even the picturisation!!

Ramakrishna
23rd March 2006, 09:02 PM
hey guys...was alwiz thinking...isnt Karna's Malare Mounama is simular with Pudhu Vellai Malai - Roja...??? not only the music...even the picturisation!!

I don't think so, because Malare is much slower than Pudhu vellai malai.

sibicalls
24th March 2006, 09:24 AM
"Honestly I dont find many ARR's songs which are subtlly copied . However I know for sure the song from Padaiyappa - Vetri kodi katte- its tune is exact copy of and english no. ( sorry cant recall the name) "

Dude i have heard a lot of comments like this.But i have never listened to any song which is similar to rahman for more than two or three lines or some commercially available loop. But i can throw u with many songs of YSR and HJ which is exactly the same as some English Song....First try to post some song from which rahman has copied..I have heard a similar song somewhere doesnt make sense.

Scale
24th March 2006, 09:48 AM
Maddy :rotfl:

chelian: vetri kodi kattu english song :huh: I remember an earlier interview producer? himself told that it is an improvision of a devotional hindu song. She appreciated Rahman's version how it was fusioned for such situation.

sibicalls :thumbsup:

rocketboy: JC?

Scale
24th March 2006, 09:48 AM
selva delete yr posts

Scale
24th March 2006, 09:51 AM
deleted sorry for duplicates, triplicated. conx sucks

Scale
24th March 2006, 09:51 AM
delete...

selvakumar
24th March 2006, 10:02 AM
--Nee kettu marupaeena :wink: --- delete panna ---- :wink:

Chelian
24th March 2006, 10:52 AM
Rashid2raj ---Listen to Sting's Desert Rose

Chelian
24th March 2006, 10:56 AM
An guys..what about the english song "Memory'. Does'nt it have striking similarity with ARR's Mr Romeo number - Mellisayea..

Chelian
24th March 2006, 11:04 AM
The 'Vetri Kodi Kattu' tune ( 100%exact tune ) was played by England world cup team's cheerleader group ( with bands and sexaphone..etc ) at the Last World Cup. Maybe we should see whether they are playing it again in July.
I believe it is an old english song..from the 50's or 60's.

dinesh2002
24th March 2006, 11:41 AM
The 'Vetri Kodi Kattu' tune ( 100%exact tune ) was played by England world cup team's cheerleader group ( with bands and sexaphone..etc ) at the Last World Cup. Maybe we should see whether they are playing it again in July.
I believe it is an old english song..from the 50's or 60's.

yes...if im not mistaken,some1 mention this b4 too...but r u sure about it?? if what scale say that the producer said its an improvision of a devotional hindu song,then mabby the england song is copied from the hindu song.or mabby the england song was made after Padaiyappa song 8-) ...englands do have indians too u know :lol:

united07
24th March 2006, 12:07 PM
That england chants been there for years, since 1966!
The tempo is slower than Vetri Kodu Kattu. But the tune is the same. I'm very sure it's a song from some album as football teams don't create their own tunes. Except for some tournament theme songs which was started later.

dinesh2002
24th March 2006, 04:37 PM
That england chants been there for years, since 1966!
The tempo is slower than Vetri Kodu Kattu. But the tune is the same. I'm very sure it's a song from some album as football teams don't create their own tunes. Except for some tournament theme songs which was started later.

the tune beeing same as in the whole 5 mins song tune or only the 1st 2 lines or something????!!!!! :roll:

dinesh2002
24th March 2006, 05:12 PM
are these list inspired or copy??

1.Manese Manase - Nenjinile from Veesum Tendral - Monalisa

2.Gulmore Malare - Majnu from Pachai Nirame - Alaipayuthey

3.Sollamale - Poove Unakage from Kannalane - Bombay

4.Thamarai Poovakku - Pasum Pon from Athangare Marame - Kizhaku cheemayile

5.Suddum Nilave - Thambi from Azhagana Ratchashiye - Mudhalvan

6.Paakathe - Aaru from Kadhal valarthen - Manmathan

interz
24th March 2006, 07:11 PM
Inspired Copies,

Antha ealu kattaikulla ovvoru muraiyum puthu tunes kandu pidikka mudiyurathu romba kashtam.

Ramakrishna
24th March 2006, 07:31 PM
Inspired Copies,

Antha ealu kattaikulla ovvoru muraiyum puthu tunes kandu pidikka mudiyurathu romba kashtam.

Athanaallathaan ippo vara Hindi Padangallayellam Pazhaya paattungala remix panni, ithu oru puthu trend nu sollikittu yaemaathittu irukaanga.Intha vyaathi ippo konja konjamaa tamil cinemavukkum vanthukittu irukku :(