PDA

View Full Version : COPYING - IN TAMIL FILM HISTORY

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Scale
25th March 2006, 10:35 AM
I googled and found this review Padayappa(1999), pls check

http://www.indolink.com/tamil/cinema/Music/Reviews/99/Padaiyappa_163019.html

Vetrikodi kattu.. is kinda mix of Hindu and Muslim religious tune, but it completes the task of usual Rajini's morale booster.

I am sure about the interview. My guess is the interludes (trumphet?,bg) part can be inspired. Not sure tho!. Good Lyrics! :thumbsup:

interz
26th March 2006, 06:35 AM
"Elanthapazham Ezhanthapazham unakkuthaan" (Madurai) and "Rendilathaan Onna Thara Variya??" (Giri) sounds pretty much same, is it just a coincidence both songs were relased almost at same time??

narayanan
26th March 2006, 07:39 AM
Donno if its already mentioned(34 pages is too much to read :(): Kanden Kanden(Madurey) seemed inspired from Azhagana Manjappura(Ellame En Rasathan).

dinesh2002
26th March 2006, 11:36 AM
Yetho minnal - 1000 poi solli ... the 1st 2 lines direct lift from Tajmahal Thevailllai - Amaravathi.... nevertheless Yetho Minnal is an amazing score!!

dinesh2002
26th March 2006, 09:30 PM
guys...Innisai - Godfather has a bit from Arunachalam's Nagumo.

listen Innisai - Godfather

from 2:53 to 3:00

its the same with Arunachalam - Nagumo

from 2:16 to 2:24

no wonder taht part sounded awefully familar :lol:

rashid2raj
26th March 2006, 09:57 PM
guys...Innisai - Godfather has a bit from Arunachalam's Nagumo.

listen Innisai - Godfather

from 2:53 to 3:00

its the same with Arunachalam - Nagumo

from 2:16 to 2:24

no wonder taht part sounded awefully familar :lol:

:lol:, that sounded similar to all of TFM's hits last year, too. - Jus think: Manmadha Rasa, Appan Panna.. :hammer:

thumburu
27th March 2006, 02:46 PM
interz, that song "eLanthapazham" from Madura starts off the same way like "singara kaathu" , an 80's IR song. Chitra is the singer . I forgot the film name.

selvakumar
27th March 2006, 05:38 PM
I listened to one English Album.. couldn't recollect the name

I think it is - "Back To the Rivers" (Not sure)

The initial BGM reminded me the initial scores of ARR in KAADHAL DESAM.

The song is "Enai kaanavillayae netrodu"

The initial mild drums were much more similar in both these things.

dinesh2002
27th March 2006, 06:51 PM
i belive that is also the loop!

Vysar
5th April 2006, 11:49 PM
I was watching conterversial movie director Oliver Stone's "U-Turn" music by Ennio Morricone and heard a familiar BGM. I heard this bgm in Nayagan played during three telegu brothers device a heist to bring down Kamal. U-Turn was released in 1997 but Ennio Morricone has been in the Hollywood market for more than 40 years so I am not sure who inspired whom.

Listen to " A Careless Sheriff" track in U-turn from the following link

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000002C3X/sr=8-2/qid=1144260083/ref=pd_bbs_2/104-0708109-1543137?%5Fencoding=UTF8

Music4Ever
7th April 2006, 07:51 AM
Reposting from another thread:

Coming to ripoffs I was exposed to a ghastly revelation today when someone brought the Desert Rose (Melodic Club Mix) - Sting/Cheb Mami to my attention. I swear I can see that song is the basis for the HJ's Kaaka Kaaka opener "Uyirin uyirE". Has this been discussed here?

Any comments from long time listeners? Vijayr?

thamizhvaanan
7th April 2006, 08:11 AM
i have listened to Desert rose (one of my favourites) but not the club remix one. whihc portion was similar music4ever? if u think it is the main tune, i feel both are different. may be a slight resemblance in KKs singing and sting's singing style.

Chelian
7th April 2006, 10:18 AM
Music4ever -'I swear I can see that song is the basis for the HJ's Kaaka Kaaka opener "Uyirin uyirE". '

Well ,you are spot on Music4ever. I did mentioned this earlier.

Music4Ever
7th April 2006, 06:55 PM
Thamizh, the following parts are unmistakeably ripped off from Desert Rose. I will comment more after I buy the CD this Saturday and listen fully. I only heard the one minute sample on the Internet. But the ripoff is clear and crystal.

Nagarum neruppai kozhundhu vitterindhEn
aNaindha pinbum kanalin mel erindhEn
Neram kooda edhiriagi vida
yugangalaga veedum maari vida

Pooh! Kaakha Kaaka was the one album I thought HJ did a great job. Now the main song itself is a ripoff. Hopefully "Ennai konjam" is original, but you never know.

OK, here goes the basis for the Khalbali number by none other than our beloved ARR.

Same album: The number Pomegranate - Trans-Global Underground

rashid2raj
7th April 2006, 07:24 PM
OK, here goes the basis for the Khalbali number by none other than our beloved ARR.

Basis for Khalbali????? :lol:

thamizhvaanan
7th April 2006, 07:28 PM
well i dont spot anything apparently two of our hubbers feel so. wat do u ppl think, check out this link

http://www.amazon.com/gp/music/clipserve/B00004SWIC001001/0/ref=mu_sam_wma_001_001/104-9413756-8165547

the song that u mentioned relating to khalbali, well at first it didn sound like khalbali at all, but it sounds somewat like a slowed down version of Khalbali. anyway all arabian musics are similar. the same tune has been used several times b4 in most of the "Arabian " songs. but i dont think ARR listened to this track especially to come up with khalbali. khalbali is a unique song in many ways and the only thing that makes us label it as Arabian is the lead tune, which obviously is very familiar.

so now wat am i saying??? HJ's song is fresh but ARR's isnt ??? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

dinesh2002
7th April 2006, 09:37 PM
Thamizh, the following parts are unmistakeably ripped off from Desert Rose. I will comment more after I buy the CD this Saturday and listen fully. I only heard the one minute sample on the Internet. But the ripoff is clear and crystal.

Pooh! Kaakha Kaaka was the one album I thought HJ did a great job. Now the main song itself is a ripoff. Hopefully "Ennai konjam" is original, but you never know.

ennai konjum matri has shades from a Spice girls song...if im not mistaken...its " STOP right there "....

dinesh2002
7th April 2006, 09:40 PM
well i dont spot anything apparently two of our hubbers feel so. wat do u ppl think, check out this link

http://www.amazon.com/gp/music/clipserve/B00004SWIC001001/0/ref=mu_sam_wma_001_001/104-9413756-8165547

the song that u mentioned relating to khalbali, well at first it didn sound like khalbali at all, but it sounds somewat like a slowed down version of Khalbali. anyway all arabian musics are similar. the same tune has been used several times b4 in most of the "Arabian " songs. but i dont think ARR listened to this track especially to come up with khalbali. khalbali is a unique song in many ways and the only thing that makes us label it as Arabian is the lead tune, which obviously is very familiar.

so now wat am i saying??? HJ's song is fresh but ARR's isnt ??? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

which HJ's song is fresh for u ??? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Scale
8th April 2006, 10:28 AM
M4E, Where can I hear this song?. This has been discussed widely for a long time and I never bothered to check this track.

Karthik, itwofs shud be knowing it.

thamizhvaanan
8th April 2006, 07:55 PM
perform a search in amazon.com, for "trans global underground" plus pomegranate if u want. preview for the song is available and i think it has got the portions which M4E is talking of.

thamizhvaanan
8th April 2006, 08:05 PM

which HJ's song is fresh for u ??? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:lol: dont mistake me. that was supposed to be an ironical statement. i just said that my arguement seemed to suggest that ARR copied but HJ didnt :rotfl: anyway wat i was trying to suggest was that to me uyirin uyirae didnt sound like stings desert rose.

dinesh2002
8th April 2006, 08:21 PM
that i agree with u...it didint sound anything like Desert rose ..... :) dunno y they link it up....

Music4Ever
8th April 2006, 10:59 PM
"M4E, Where can I hear this song?. This has been discussed widely for a long time and I never bothered to check this track."

Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005A8LX/104-8083075-0761554?v=glance&n=5174#moreAboutThisProduct

If you still don't get the link, try typing "Desert Rose Arabian Rhythms" on Google. The first entry is "Amazon.com: Desert Roses and Arabian Rhythms, Vol. 1: Music". Click that followed by clicking "More about this product".

I bought the CD yesterday and listened to the numbers of interest. The inspirations (even ripoffs) are obvious. The melancholy tone of the Uyirin uyire song is basically from that Desert Rose one. Added to that

is almost exact from Desert Rose . You will have to listen to the "Desert Rose (Melodic Club Mix) - Sting/Cheb Mami " one minute sample of which is available at the above referred link (fifth song in the above referred album).

Same with Khalbali hai Khalbali. You will know which portions I am referring to when you listen to the "Pomegranate - Trans-Global Underground ", which is the tenth song in the above referred album.

I categorically refuse to believe these are stray cases of coincidence. Our guys are deep into lifting stuff. This is one example, however, where the pupil became the master of his Master (Kaaka kaaka first and then Rang De Basanti) :lol:
The funny thing is that the pupil converted a fast paced original to a slow paced imitation (albeit a very good one). The master, on the other hand, did the reverse -- slow paced original converted to fast paced imitation (also a very good one).

inetk
9th April 2006, 08:35 AM
Having listened to countless inspirations/ lifts for itwofs, I believe there's a clear line between a coincidence and a inspiration/ lift. Desert Rose's 'I dream of rain, I dream of gardens' line is what I think you're referring to with regard to, 'Nagarum neruppaai' part in Uyirin uyiraai. But beyond the tune for the exact words I mentioned above - 'I dream of rain' and 'Nagarum neruppaai', everything else wavers in a different direction.

I do understand that such a small spark could inspire a composer to extend the inspiration in his own way and create a song afresh. But, this is where one needs to give the composer the benefit of doubt. Extrapolating the idea of 'a tune of 2/3 words sounding similar' is a mega grey area that you'd find almost any given song with such instances.

As far Khalbali and its so called inspiration from the track by Transglobal Underground, I do not see any similarity at all.

Karthik

thamizhvaanan
9th April 2006, 10:20 PM
yea u r right. infact the structure of lyrics itself is vastly different in both the songs. the only portion where the syllables and sounds matches is -
nagarum neruppai
i dream of rain
apart from that very different.
and khalbali, i think there is a mild similarity due to the arabian flavour of the song.nothing else apart from that :)

callmeshyam
11th April 2006, 08:55 AM
Talking abt copying, Pattiyal BGM is lifted straight from Batman Begins... Did anyone notice? So much for the son of king of BGM

Sanjeevi
11th April 2006, 11:14 AM
Talking abt copying, Pattiyal BGM is lifted straight from Batman Begins... Did anyone notice? So much for the son of king of BGM

yet another vayitherichal party

Chelian
12th April 2006, 10:42 AM
Any lay man can a realise a copy when he listens to Desert rose and uyirin uyire..

We dont need expert analyis of each part of the song to conclude that....

The way you guys are defending HJ,, you might as well defend Deva's 'copying' too....:)

Chelian
12th April 2006, 10:47 AM
Yes Pattiyal's BGm at times sound familiar with past English movies tune.

Nevertheless I think after IR, YSR is the best man for BGM.
The only thing is someone should tell him to rely entirely on his proven talent rather than lifting bit parts.
Maybe the pressure of working on many projects has go to him?:)

krish244
12th April 2006, 12:11 PM
Did any of you watch the trailer of "Thullura Vayasu". The music that accompanies the first scene is ditto as "Titanic" theme song. Later the music had little stamps (orchestration) of Karthik Raja. So, for curiosity sake, I waited for the credits and the music was indeed by Karthik Raja! I dont know if the titanic piece was lifted by him (maybe BGM is given by some one else). I feel he might not have done it. If he did, its a shame.

Thanks,

Krishnan

MrJudge
12th April 2006, 12:58 PM
Did any of you watch the trailer of "Thullura Vayasu". The music that accompanies the first scene is ditto as "Titanic" theme song. Later the music had little stamps (orchestration) of Karthik Raja. So, for curiosity sake, I waited for the credits and the music was indeed by Karthik Raja! I dont know if the titanic piece was lifted by him (maybe BGM is given by some one else). I feel he might not have done it. If he did, its a shame.

Thanks,

Krishnan

This is the second time happening for KR. Earlier for someother movie, X-files music was played for its trailer, music by KR. There is this story somewhere on the web mentioning that he composes songs and goes on the road without completing the BGM. So the directors are forced to consider others for BGm,don't know how authentic the story is. If they aren't done by him, atleast he should be aware of who is completing bgm for trailers and should not allow them to do it.

interz
12th April 2006, 02:51 PM
"Thirupathi vantha thiruppam" heavily inspired "Vamba vilaikkum vaaangum vayasuda"!!

interz
12th April 2006, 02:53 PM
"Thirupathi vantha thiruppam" heavily inspired from "Vamba vilaikkum vaaangum vayasuda"!!

selvakumar
20th April 2006, 12:51 PM
I am not sure whether anyone had posted this one before.

IN KAADHAL DESAM,

Did "Oh Maria" was inspired from JLO's "If u had my love" .

I have not heard the one of JLO.

Can anyone clarify this one?

or give me a link where I can download that JLO song..

vasanth2006
20th April 2006, 01:35 PM
oh Maria is not from kadhal desam. it is from kadhalar dhinam. i think u somehow wrongly typed that one.

dinesh2002
20th April 2006, 03:44 PM

IN KAADHAL DESAM,

dun tell me another loop which is used by both ARR & JLO beeing called copy??? :?

selvakumar
20th April 2006, 04:13 PM

IN KAADHAL DESAM,

dun tell me another loop which is used by both ARR & JLO beeing called copy??? :?

Dinesh, I don't have any grudge against any MD.

But I read this one in a BLog. I think JLO's one was released before that.

Then how can I take it as a loop used by both these people :oops:

I have not used the word copy.. instead I used inspired..

or May be.. Do u want me to use the word - SIMILAR THOUGHTS for this one..

dinesh2002
20th April 2006, 08:07 PM
Selva...even ARR used loops which Dr Alban's also used for his albums in 1991...but ARR used it in the year 1994/5...its still loop and cannot be said its a person's copyright just coz they use it 1st...loops is alwiz for EVERYONE :D...

selvakumar
3rd May 2006, 06:56 PM
Selva...even ARR used loops which Dr Alban's also used for his albums in 1991...but ARR used it in the year 1994/5...its still loop and cannot be said its a person's copyright just coz they use it 1st...loops is alwiz for EVERYONE :D...

Dinesh,
Thanks for the information. Got a better idea regarding this loops. sorry.. IT is my mistake then :D NO hard feelings :)

I was a bit surprised when I saw that news in a blog. (May be coz of some rumour). Got a better idea with your post :D

thamizhvaanan
3rd May 2006, 07:51 PM
selva siraala ivlo polita pesa mudiyuma :shock:

selvakumar
4th May 2006, 09:22 AM
selva siraala ivlo polita pesa mudiyuma :shock:

TV, I never exaggerate myself in those topics which need some special knowledge (esp Music :) )

I am an ordinary music loving guy.. (Not with the skill of identifying something). But from a layman's perspective I can figure out something. and for that I must confirm it with knowledged hubbers like Dinesh, Scale etc :D

Scale
4th May 2006, 10:50 AM
Knowledgeable, errrrrrrrrrrrr. Thats only in terms of info's (long-time participants ARR-YG,tfm,musical-blogs, ardent listeners of various MD's,diff langs) but not on technical aspects (musically) :sad: This is one thing which I still regret for not choosing "Music" as a profession. :mad: Dinesh, Urs pls!

>>>But from a layman's perspective I can figure out something.<<<
adhe, adhe!

paadariyaen padippariyaen pallikkoodandhaanariyaen
aedariyaen ezhuththariyaen ezhuththuvaga naanariyaen
aettula ezhudhavilla ezhudhivechchup pazhakkamilla
elakkanam padikkavilla thalaganamum enakku illa

ellaamae sangeedhandhaan...aaaaaa...
ellaamae sangeedhandhaan saththaththil porandha sangadhidhaan
http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=1313

selvakumar
4th May 2006, 03:21 PM
Scale.. o.k Then it is my misunderstanding. But I think when compared to some hubbers in this section, your knowledge is better.

obviously, Dinesh will be better than us :D

dinesh2002
4th May 2006, 04:29 PM
Scale.. o.k Then it is my misunderstanding. But I think when compared to some hubbers in this section, your knowledge is better.

obviously, Dinesh will be better than us :D

cheh cheh no la....im still a small boy...infact i believe im younger than everyone here.... in age wise & also knowledge wise...hehehehe...inbetween ur chit chats...all i do is i came like an advertisement sharing somethings i know too..avalavu thaan.... :D

thamizhvaanan
4th May 2006, 05:23 PM
u mean to say u were born on 2002 ? dinesh2002? :lol:

ok, i think, it is somewat stupid to talk abt musical knowledge. some ppl say u dont understand music, i dont get it at all :huh: the word music is a title which we human beings award to an entity which is basically a sound. if the music is not able to be identified by human mind, it is not music at all.

PS: i do agree that sometimes good peice of music remain unappreciated. but it all depends upon the state of mind of listener. IMO any person can appreciate any kinda music, if only he knows wat to look for :)

narayanan
4th May 2006, 05:25 PM
IMO any person can appreciate any kinda music, if only he knows wat to look for

Bulls eye :)

Scale
5th May 2006, 11:13 AM
tamizh,

check "When you heard Roja for the Ist time " thread in ARR-Section. Dinesh was 4 rite? :lol:

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=3272&start=0

dinesh2002
5th May 2006, 01:35 PM
tamizh,

check "When you heard Roja for the Ist time " thread in ARR-Section. Dinesh was 4 rite? :lol:

hehehe...yes...isay...yen vayasu leaked airecha.... :lol: :lol: its ok....ill still mantain the " Endrum 16" even now :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

suresh_17
9th May 2006, 02:51 PM
kama kariyil starting tune from GODFATHER was copy from song adhi yenedhi rakama(dono from which movie).

thamizhvaanan
9th May 2006, 03:05 PM
tamizh,

thanx scale, i didn know that such a thread existed :D. i was looking for some reviews on roja album :D.

selvakumar
9th May 2006, 03:09 PM
kama kariyil starting tune from GODFATHER was copy from song adhi yenedhi rakama(dono from which movie).

:rotfl:

I don't have great knowledge about music. But comparing Kama Kariyil with Adi Yennadi Rakama (shivaji movie-- dont remember the name).. and saying it as a copy is :lol:

Just hear the old song again and Kama Kariyil.. Both are quite different.

suresh_17
9th May 2006, 03:27 PM

I don't have great knowledge about music. But comparing Kama Kariyil with Adi Yennadi Rakama (shivaji movie-- dont remember the name).. and saying it as a copy is :lol:

the starting tune really copy or inspired from the song. :?: :?:

Scale
9th May 2006, 07:12 PM
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/message/64395

Suresh, This one has got the musical notes & both the songs midi files as attachment (member-access-only). If you still need, I can upload it. Proof: check Page End what others has to say.

dinesh2002
9th May 2006, 08:34 PM

well, coming from a person who is a fan of XEROX Copying expert, its really funnny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: plzz go and check the database on ur best music dirs regarding copyin...he will beat ARR's list anyday....infact might even beat Deva's :poke:

Raikkonen
9th May 2006, 08:44 PM
Youth Songs..
:lol:

None of them orginals...
All Lifted

selvakumar
10th May 2006, 01:52 PM
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/message/64395

Suresh, This one has got the musical notes & both the songs midi files as attachment (member-access-only). If you still need, I can upload it. Proof: check Page End what others has to say.

Scale.. Please upload the old song (atleast for me .. ) :wink:

dinesh2002
10th May 2006, 04:27 PM
u 4gotten that superb song by MSV man??? :P its one of my fav, when i 1st listened to Kamma Karayil.... i had the feeling it was very simular to Adi Ennadi Rakamma..... though its proven that both r diff,to my ears both still sounds same :lol:

Scale
10th May 2006, 07:20 PM
The attachments in ARR-YG has got the both musical notes being played in keyboard.

The only link I can find is here,
http://as07.cooltoad.com/music/song.php?id=181000

suresh_17
11th May 2006, 01:15 PM

well, coming from a person who is a fan of XEROX Copying expert, its really funnny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: plzz go and check the database on ur best music dirs regarding copyin...he will beat ARR's list anyday....infact might even beat Deva's :poke:

sorry late reply...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ar rahman matum yenava???

most of his song was copy....keetaaa

loops......

most of his song was loops.....

sondha ideave koruve....
:lol: :lol: :lol:

anghe konjum, inghe konjum adiche, composed a song.

yena comedy inthe.... :poke: :poke:

Hulkster
11th May 2006, 01:46 PM
Suresh 17 i beg to differ here...adi ennadi rakkama is a completely tamil folk song which has a high tempo and racey rhythms till the end.

Kamma Karaiyil slightly deviates in the tempo with kamma karaiyil charanam going high and the subsequent lines going low while ennadi rakkama has the tempo from the charanam to the subsequent lines and the instrumentation is totally different with modification of the thavil using recording quality. And the rhythms are quite slow in certain areas which rules out the tune from adi ennadi rakkama.

ansa400
11th May 2006, 01:48 PM
sorry late reply...

loops......

sondha ideave koruve....

anghe konjum, inghe konjum adiche songla irundhu unga XEROX Jeyaraj konjum konjum adhichi song panrare, avare enna solla????

suresh_17
11th May 2006, 02:01 PM
sorry late reply...

loops......

sondha ideave koruve....

anghe konjum, inghe konjum adiche songla irundhu unga XEROX Jeyaraj konjum konjum adhichi song panrare, avare enna solla????

xerox ah irukutum, aaanaa, athee kama kariyil(adhi yenedi rakama) song tune harris pennana, yelarum yenna soluvinge?

adhicethanda copy......

adheda inghe ar rahman penerare.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

dinesh2002
11th May 2006, 03:47 PM
sorry late reply...

loops......

sondha ideave koruve....

xerox ah irukutum, aaanaa, athee kama kariyil(adhi yenedi rakama) song tune harris pennana, yelarum yenna soluvinge?

adhicethanda copy......

adheda inghe ar rahman penerare.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: according to u...ARRahman is a big copy cat, ok...we take it ur way...so y does xerox jayraj is copying from ARR??? if u ask me...copying from another copy cat expert is the most kevalamana thingy ...so IN YOUR way,HJ is the most worse composer...i mean COPIER :lol: if u think ARR is a copy cat....then automaticly HJ fallen to the most worse category.... ok va....un kathai yepedi iruke theriyuma ?? a pot is calling a kettle black :lol: :lol: see ur back b4 u comment on people....having a great xerox machine directer as ur mentor/maestro, dun even think of commenting on ARR.. as a matter of fact ,dun comment on Deva... :lol:

suresh_17
15th May 2006, 02:22 PM
:lol: :lol: according to u...ARRahman is a big copy cat, ok...we take it ur way...so y does xerox jayraj is copying from ARR??? if u ask me...copying from another copy cat expert is the most kevalamana thingy ...so IN YOUR way,HJ is the most worse composer...i mean COPIER :lol: if u think ARR is a copy cat....then automaticly HJ fallen to the most worse category.... ok va....un kathai yepedi iruke theriyuma ?? a pot is calling a kettle black :lol: :lol: see ur back b4 u comment on people....having a great xerox machine directer as ur mentor/maestro, dun even think of commenting on ARR.. as a matter of fact ,dun comment on Deva... :lol:

ok...
un kathe yenna pade kevelama irukethe. :lol: :lol: :lol: niye othekitte ar rahman is big copykat. ar rahman matre MD oru music copy penerar, anthe music harris copy penerare. ithuleh unnum tape illaye. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chelian
15th May 2006, 03:11 PM
Enappaaaaa elaaarum sandai poodurangoo????

In TFM ippo Ellarom Copy adikiraango.(Except the Maestro)
The difference between them is some do it heavily and some do it in subtle way.

ARR from the beginning was always inspired(or copy?) by MSV works.
WHo knows Kama Karayil may be inspired by Adi rakama..or could it be coincidence?.I like to think the former.

dinesh2002
15th May 2006, 04:44 PM

ok...
un kathe yenna pade kevelama irukethe. :lol: :lol: :lol: niye othekitte ar rahman is big copykat. ar rahman matre MD oru music copy penerar, anthe music harris copy penerare. ithuleh unnum tape illaye. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ofcource kevalama irukum pa...yen indral athu ungge HJ kathai :lol: :lol: wut eva it is,ARR if he is inspired,he will accepts it during any interview or shows,on the other hand,HJ smartly copied without mentioning his inspiration....so entha groundleyum HJ oru NALLAVAR/NALLA MD'nu sollu mudhiyathu....enjoy xerox music from xerox machine :lol: :lol:

dinesh2002
15th May 2006, 04:47 PM
Enappaaaaa elaaarum sandai poodurangoo????

In TFM ippo Ellarom Copy adikiraango.(Except the Maestro)
The difference between them is some do it heavily and some do it in subtle way.

ARR from the beginning was always inspired(or copy?) by MSV works.
WHo knows Kama Karayil may be inspired by Adi rakama..or could it be coincidence?.I like to think the former.

the % of ARR's copying is very low when u compare to YSR/HJ/JS/VS. HJ is the MAESTRO of Copying pushing Deva to aside :wink: Maestro also copies,but it goes unnoticed thanks to many HC fan out there.....but i noticed he is REHARSHING his music very often, probably coz he is in the bussines tooo long!! :D

Chelian
18th May 2006, 03:05 PM
Another Song of MSV that ARR could have 'inspired' - that some would rather call it.

Listen to the song from Aayirathi Oruvan(MGR movie) - Oodum Megangale.....

Doesn't the opening 4 lines resemble the opening song from Ah ah - Aararai koodiyin pergalin oruvan....?

MADDY
19th May 2006, 04:29 PM
Another Song of MSV that ARR could have 'inspired' - that some would rather call it.

Doesn't the opening 4 lines resemble the opening song from Ah ah - Aararai koodiyin pergalin oruvan....?

NO

rashid2raj
19th May 2006, 07:55 PM

Go to bed & sleep.. Thanks!

dinesh2002
19th May 2006, 08:04 PM

what about YSR's Telugu Album "RAM"s NUVENA... isnt the 4 starting line is a straight ripp off from Anarkali - KKS??!!!

rashid2raj
19th May 2006, 08:09 PM

what about YSR's Telugu Album "RAM"s NUVENA... isnt the 4 starting line is a straight ripp off from Anarkali - KKS??!!!

Yuvan doing this.. :shock:

thamizhvaanan
19th May 2006, 10:29 PM

Yuvan doing this.. :shock:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

dinesh2002
21st May 2006, 09:08 AM
guys,duncha think Kangal Tedhuthe is simply KR's version of Rut Agaiyre - 1947 Earth/Macha Machiniye - Star.

Hulkster
21st May 2006, 07:09 PM
I think i can see why Dinesh thinks it might be a inspiration of macha machiniyae...certainly the orchestration is different but the way the lines are sung and the tune has a small resemblance to macha machaniyae.....you might be right about the inspiration...except for the striking resemblance of the pallavi...the song is quite different from macha machiniyae song.

rashid2raj
21st May 2006, 10:32 PM
From which album is Kangal Tedhuthe song??

senthilv.com
22nd May 2006, 05:13 AM
Every one knows Aboorva Sagodhargal - Puthu Mappillaikku is inspired by MSV song "Naan paarthathiley" from Anbe vaa.

Interestingly, the same song's also seems to be inspired
by the song "Barbara Ann" by Beach boys. check it out.

Barbara Ann.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005ABWZ/sr=8-1/qid=1148078852/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-6136301-0222530?%5Fencoding=UTF8

Puthu Mappillaikku

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/26/s/movie_name.4121/music_director.504/

thamizhvaanan
22nd May 2006, 07:31 AM
It is not like everyone knows, it is because IR himself told it! and that inspiration wasnt bcoz of lack of imagination, but rather due to its presence :) .

vramesh
22nd May 2006, 08:50 AM
The only reason why I didnt get into yet at itwofs is I dont have the time to compile such a long list. I've a simple text list that I have been promising myself to add with saong samples etc. but never come down to do that. Should get that done one of these days or perhaps add it to my year 2007 resolutions :P

Inetk, pls try to do it ASAP. I think IR Fans should protest before inetk's office demanding a quick redressal :)

dinesh2002
22nd May 2006, 12:13 PM
From which album is Kangal Tedhuthe song??

its from Manoothe Mazhaikazham which is jst released few days back.... :D

rsubras
23rd May 2006, 08:26 PM
From which song (or rather songs) the following songs were copied from?

(1) Azhage brahmanidam from Devathaiyai Kanden
(2) The song in ABCD with Shaam and Sneha(Some melodious song, i cudnt remember the lyrics)

kingvj
24th May 2006, 02:46 AM
'Azhagaey brammanidam' song is copied from Deva's own 'kaalayil pennaey nee' song from the movie 'Sound Party' starring Sathyaraj and (late) Pratyusha.

dinesh2002
24th May 2006, 09:22 AM
not sure if u guys realise,Azhage Brahmaidham is copied again in Englishkaran for Yaarathu...Yarathu by Syera Goshal!!that is also music by DEVA!! :lol:

Scale
24th May 2006, 11:02 AM
Reg Kumari & Enuyir Thozhiye,

To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 17:08:22 +0530
Subject: Re: [arr] Anniyan Songs-icredible--what..see

This is incredible...Tyhe song "Kumari.." which SM has sung and which
Director Shankar, thru media is promoting as the trump card song...is
actually ..you know what...

"En uyir thozhi.." song of Kangalaal Kaidi sei...

Man I am listening to both one after another...Couldn't believe my ears...HJ can stoop so low to copy...Lets try to give him the benefit of doubt...but still how did he just replace the electronic percusion instrument withMridhangam and just made it a Indian clasical comedy song..

The "iniyavale" and "Kumari" match exactly....then after you all can make it....Just that the presentation is different.
Bye
Karthik

M4E,

Now, I do find resemblance with that "iniyavale" & "kumari" part as mentioned. Experts can clarify. One more interesting find is the Ist interlude of "kumari" is exact ripoff Daud song played in a different instrument (couldnt locate which song is exactly now?) mentioned in ARR YG long back. Listen to both. If thats not ARR/Daud song I take back my comments....

Kumari_anniyan (284k),
http://www.uploading.com/?get=U069K0DC

daud (442k)
http://www.uploading.com/?get=DFVI93E3

Thanks... Listening to Enuyir Thozhi, This is one song which I'll cherish for ever Rahman playing the piano part in the Ist Interlude & Chinamayi's intro as mentioned in her blog (http://chinmayisripada.blogspot.com/2006/03/aahista-aahista.html). She has got lots of praises for ARR. :thumbsup: :clap: Obviously who can give such an intro that too in MR's KM title track. Hail ARR!

It would have been something to listen to Rahman sir weave his magic in the song. I had the chance to listen to him play for the first time, when he played in En Uyir thozhiye in Kangalal Kaidhu Sei. It was as if the Raag Durga just flowed through to his keyboard. Fluid. Total bliss for about... how long I dont remember.. but it was one of the best Durga-s I have ever heard. More than singing for him, I wish I could be the fly on the wall and hear him play. I have heard it a couple of times, but as a rasika, I really long to hear more of that.............................. if only words could translate music..

dinesh2002
24th May 2006, 11:49 AM
Scale....i will support u by posting more details :D:D:D

just sing ur self the part :

1.En Uyir Tozhiye - " Othre Jadayil Unnai Katti Izhuthe Vanthe Vaipen"

and

2.Kumari " antha kadavulae vidhavum ...periyavan oruvan
boomi'yil ul'laan Yevan "

-Same female introduction,with same music flows behind the vocal.
En Uyir - 1:55
Kumari - 3:41

-Same female continuation with the male during ending of the song.

innum podhunuma??? :lol:

dinesh2002
24th May 2006, 01:04 PM
yes Scale,its Ottam dhaan - Ottam. not sure its tittle in hindi,but yes,its DAUD song,no DOUBT ;)!

Guess_Me
24th May 2006, 11:51 PM
From which song (or rather songs) the following songs were copied from?

(1) Azhage brahmanidam from Devathaiyai Kanden

No one seems to be aware of this. So I am posting it. Azhage Brahmanidam is copied from a malayalam song - "Aavanipponnoonjal" from the movie Kottaram Veettile Apputtan (1998). Listen to the song.

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/20/s/movie_name.3388/

2nd song

Scale
25th May 2006, 10:26 AM
Thanks Dinesh. :)

dinesh2002
26th May 2006, 05:05 PM
Thanks Dinesh. :)

yenge aale kaanum....scared by the facts we brought in???? :lol: :lol:

Scale
29th May 2006, 12:44 PM
Dinesh,

He has already accepted that Kumari has traces of EUT-KKS in the other thread.

Freea vudu ... :).

dinesh2002
29th May 2006, 02:42 PM
Dinesh,

He has already accepted that Kumari has traces of EUT-KKS in the other thread.

Freea vudu ... :).

i think it was more of sarcasm rather than he agreed... hehehhe :D

Music4Ever
30th May 2006, 06:31 PM
Scale, since I did not visit this thread I did not have a chance to respond you your post. I just now read what you posted about a week back, namely the similarity between Kumari and Daud. I don't want to take the time to download the songs though. Is it the title song of Daud? I will listen to both and comment.

Dinesh, you seem to have missed me much. Thanks :wink:

Scale
30th May 2006, 06:46 PM
M4E,

Please download and check (284k &442k).. That will give a clear idea. The Ist interlude of Kumari is an exact copy of Ist Interlude-Daud title song(Remo) tho played in a different instrument.

Your comments are always welcome. Did Anyone else checked it?

kingvj
10th June 2006, 11:06 PM
Not sure if this has been posted earlier..

Recently heard in worldspace FM which was playing a pakistani qawwali song which is the original of 'un panam panam en panam panam' song from 'Eazhayin Sirippil'....!!

Sorry for saying this but am not really sure if Srikanth Deva is REALLY the son of Deva or some one else'..!!!

Vysar
12th June 2006, 07:10 AM
Probably some one would have posted this already if it has been please ignore this else

Listen to this:

9. Lady Marmalade - LaBelle

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000029ET/sr=8-4/qid=1150076185/ref=pd_bbs_4/104-8158375-3486357?%5Fencoding=UTF8

http://www.amazon.com/gp/music/wma-pop-up/B0000029ET001009/ref=mu_sam_wma_001_009/104-8158375-3486357

X-Machi - Ghajini (Harris Jeyaraj)

http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0000693.html

jaykay
15th June 2006, 04:30 PM
I think their is a lot of copying in the Tamil music industry
today, all the big music directors do it including my favourite Rahman.
But what i've discovered so far is that Harris Jeyaraj who is giving hits seems to be no. 1 in copying today.

jaykay
15th June 2006, 04:32 PM
I think their is a lot of copying in the Tamil music industry
today, all the big music directors do it, including my favourite Rahman.
But what i've discovered so far is that Harris Jeyaraj who is giving hits seems to be no. 1 in copying today.

jaykay
15th June 2006, 04:36 PM
Yuvan's "enga area" in Pudupettai is a copy of the famous English rap song "who let the dogs out", isnt it?

dinesh2002
15th June 2006, 04:43 PM
its quite true to certain extend though,coz this same X Machi's starting music is def a direct lift from Osaka Muraiya's starting music too..wut more,the overall music arrangements is just Harris's version of Osaka Muraiya.... wonder when is he gonna stop this irritating thing!!!

Sanjeevi
16th June 2006, 05:51 PM
Vidya sagar is heavily inspired with YSR's "Poo Poovai Punnakaikum ival" (Bala) for his Aathi song "Athi Athikai Athaimadi mele"

We can compre both songs.

Poo Poovai is more class and less mass
Athi Athikai is less class and more mass

dinesh2002
20th June 2006, 03:55 PM
a life or inspired??

listen to :

Maama Love Pannunga - Super Police [3:18 - 3:38]

and listen to VIP's Netru No No...

interz
21st June 2006, 01:34 AM
"Poo Poo Vaai" - Bala

What about Yuvan?? he seem to copy ARRs "Pachai Kiliye" from the movie Indian, its a cyclus man, what goes around comes around!!!!!!!

ezy0265
21st June 2006, 12:40 PM
ARR is also a big time copy cat. He does it at a more professional level. We all know that. I was just listening to a El Labrijano CD and one of the tracks music has been shamelessly lifted by our dear ARR for his song Nathiye Nathiye in Rhythm.

Please my dear friends lets also talk about these obvious lifts by your great before making lame accusations without any head or tail link like Yuvan copying Patchai Kiliye!!!

Thangapathakatthin Mele exactly lifted to make Enna Vilai Azhage.
Kallellaam Maanikka became his hindi song and then got shamed when it was dubbed into tamil!!!

Its just that most of his source are pretty exotic not much familiar to our maanga fans..that's all.

Chelian
21st June 2006, 01:06 PM
You are spot on Ezy0625!
I said it b4 that exotic songs and MSV's songs are major source of 'copy ' for ARR. He does it very professionally camouflaging with extensive remix and arrangements.

Scale
21st June 2006, 01:39 PM
Ezy0625,

Knowing you err.......(I'll forget the past for timebeing)

Which track? Could you please provide the link so Myself & others can hear and decide.

chelian,

your MSV findings (http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=568179&highlight=#568179) are disproved. What ezy mentioning about MSV's inspirations were all discussed several times & beaten to death. He called ARR a desadrohi while he performed in Singapore 3Dconcert (max Hindisongs (disproved there aswell w the actuallist performed). Also MOD badri told tamil songs were played more in Melbourne concert)

Comeup with something new & more proofs to brand ARR as a Copy Cat (prof-nonprof). Give a thought! How far ARRfans can decline!

thumburu
21st June 2006, 02:38 PM
Chelian , I do agree with you that ARR is heavily inspired by the melody king MSV. There are many instances right from "pennalla penalla" which is inspired from "Pesum mani muthu rojakkaL" to "mayilirage" from "chittukuruvi" and "unnidathil ennai koduthen". Even that MSV song from "Sangamam" sounds very much close to an MSV song. May be ARR allowed MSV to compose the song!!! For all you know, even ARR would be only too happy to get inspiration from the legend MSV

ezy0265
21st June 2006, 04:33 PM
My Dear Scale!

Your continuous denial does not amount to disproving the facts which are only too obvious! Your desparate reaction to these copy acts does not mean they were 'beaten to death'.

Ellaathaiyum neeye sollikkuttu ponnaa eppidipaa????

Knowing you and your gangster group who will imagine that you have the ability to 'beat to death' obvious references. I don't have to waste time pointing the source to you; anyway it is a Hemisphere release and if you are interested go and buy the CD and listen for yourself. It is by El Labrijano album title Casablanca.

Then again you punai kutties will be having your eyes, and ears too for the matter, closed to admit to these shameful acts by your great music god!

When others do it you shout sham! When your guru does it you beat it to death...ennaangada velaiyaatta irukku???

And by the way desathrohi and tamilthrohi has alot of difference in meaning and please if your memmory does fail you, don't dip yourself in shit by making such accusations.

Scale
21st June 2006, 07:30 PM
Somehow I managed to get the link for El Lebrijano's Casabalanca link (http://www.sternsmusic.com/disk_info/493342-2) Unfortunately, the tracks are listed only for a minute sample. I think its Track 2. Listening to both the Casablanca (1998) & Rhythm (2000) (http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/26/s/movie_name.5263/music_director.1357/)tracks back to back.

Let the experts comment & I'll remain silence for ezy's satisfaction.

(ezy: nee thirundhave maatiya yaarayavadhu vittu vachirukkiya inga. karthik itwofs, sureshmechnit, TISK, Dinesh, rsubras, SCALE (ist time u replied my post (http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=290807#290807)) etc..) Still you remains active :roll:

Music4Ever
21st June 2006, 08:41 PM
"mayilirage" from "chittukuruvi" and "unnidathil ennai koduthen". Even that MSV song from "Sangamam" sounds very much close to an MSV song. May be ARR allowed MSV to compose the song!!! For all you know, even ARR would be only too happy to get inspiration from the legend MSV"

-------

Mayilirage from chittukuruvi and unnidathil ennai koduthen? I don't see any resemblance. Can you point out to the exact parts so that we can compare? Can you also point to the exact MSV song from which Sangamam sounds are derived. I ask these just to make sure these are indeed copies? I agree though that ARR's source for many songs date back to MSV numbers.

ARR's nadhiye nadhiye has definitely lost some of its sheen after the Casablanca album has been pointed out. After all these revelations there seems to be little ground to complain that the new crop Harris, Yuvan etc lift from other sources.

rajasaranam
21st June 2006, 09:17 PM
Scale,
Ezy never said which track he was mentioning :? But you pointed out the 2nd track...DO YOU FIND ANY SIMILARITIES BETWEEN THE TWO... Cos I dont.
And even it is found out you have an easy excuse of sample music/ commercial loops/softwares so why worry :wink:
When tune is lifted its inspiration <> when bgm is lifted its only commercial loop but tune is original. :huh:

app_engine
21st June 2006, 10:07 PM
"pennalla penalla" which is inspired from "Pesum mani muthu rojakkaL" ....

`pEsum mani muthu rOjakkaL' itself is heavily inspired from `chim chimney, chim chimney chim chim cheree' of Disney's Mary Poppins...(portions of the same song used by Vedha in `boom boom mAttukkAran theruvil vandhAndi' of adhE kaNgaL...visuals, esp the instrumental costume and mannerisms of the singer of the Disney song, copied by Kamal -very poorly adding unnecessary vulgar actions- for his `bumchikku bumchikku bumcha bum bum' in singAra vElan)...

inetk
22nd June 2006, 10:38 AM
ezy0265:

Dont want to waste your time but you could perhaps do us a favor by letting us know which song you think is similar to which song of Rahman. I'm a long time fan of El Lebrijano and have heard Casablanca. But I do not think there are any direct influences/ inspirations here.

Karthik
www.itwofs.com

Scale
22nd June 2006, 10:51 AM
Scale,
Ezy never said which track he was mentioning :? But you pointed out the 2nd track...DO YOU FIND ANY SIMILARITIES BETWEEN THE TWO... Cos I dont.

Dont I know his cheap hoax?

I think its Track 2

On my first casual listening I thought there is spark for similarity. When I checked it with nadhiye song its on 0.04 (water drops sound in nadhiye) set along with the rhythm & it hardly lasted for 4 seconds.

Scale
22nd June 2006, 10:58 AM
oops...

Thanks a lot Karthik. I have come across an earlier accusation in ARR-YG by a IR fan that Nadhiye song interlude is been inspired from the Ritchie Blackmore - Strange kind of Woman track. The part where she sings I want you, I know you, A strange kind of Woman. Couldnt find it online? Is that true?

best
22nd June 2006, 11:06 AM
Yday I was listening to songs from Bombay and Jodi..

The songs : Kuchhi Kuchhi Raakkamma vara maatta...
and Ennai Kollayittu Pogum Azhage Vaa..

ARR has been *inspired* by his own tune...

YSR has further been *inspired* to give :

Kan pesum vaarthaigal purivathillai...

thumburu
22nd June 2006, 12:25 PM
M4Ever, I never said "copied", but definitely inspired. In "chittukuruvi", the landing notes in the line " serndhida kandene" is very unique and the same pattern is used by ARR when he is ending the pallavi of "mayilirage"[ I don't know the lyrics. People who can sing well can sing both of these and conclude themselves].
In "poi solla poren" song from "Thiruttu payale", the guitar piece that ends the first interlude resembles some line in the middle of the song "kaadhal kaditham varaindhen" from Soundaryan's "Cheran Pandiyan"

dinesh2002
22nd June 2006, 03:23 PM
omg goodness,its absurd about the Nadhiye song.... do u guys know in the 1st place,Nadhiye Nadhiye - Rhythm was inspired by a Malayalam Folk song?? which im guessing would be like 50years + composition [correct me if im wrong yah]...it was accepted by ARR becoz the backdrop of that song was planned on Kerala,and some more about Water,i guess it made ARR to look for some source so it does link with the picturisation....!!

m4e,its a different point when it comes to HJ and others,they purposely lift certain song from anyone just for the fact that song was famous or to show thier capabilty that THEY CAN compose songs like that,which it ends up to be a pure lift.... not mentioning which MD yeah :lol2:

and chittukurivi song & mayilirage sounds simular?? its a known fact Mayilirage soudned very 1960ish,mabby coz thats wut made u say that?? apadi paatha, ALL latest song is DEF INSPIRED by old songs.....

dinesh2002
22nd June 2006, 05:37 PM
if Nadhiya WAS SUPPOSED TO BE 'INSPIRED' by the track 2....m4e,then the lifts i say about hj-arr will be 100% lift,direct lift,no difference even abit.... :lol2:

app_engine
22nd June 2006, 05:55 PM
Is the Home Depot signature music (used for all of their radio commercials) inspired from `avaLukkenna, azhagiya mugham avaLukkenna' or vice versa? It may also be possible that both got their inspiration from some old classical source...

inetk
22nd June 2006, 07:36 PM
app_engine:

Referring to one of these? The first one perhaps...thought not much of a similarity.

http://www.rmb.ca/docs/Press/Fathers%20Day%20-%20Home%20Depot%2002.mp3

http://www.rmb.ca/docs/Press/1.%20Home%20Depot%20L%20Jennings.mp3

http://www.rmb.ca/docs/Press/Home%20Centre%20-%20Home%20Depot%20E+%2001.mp3

http://www.rmb.ca/docs/Press/Home%20Centre%20-%20Home%20Depot.mp3

http://www.rmb.ca/docs/Press/Hardware-Lumber%20Stores%20-%20Home%20Depot%2005.mp3

Karthik
www.itwofs.com

Jacky
22nd June 2006, 07:47 PM
Two weeks back On Coffee with Suchi, Padma Subramaniyam (classical dancer) claims most of her research on tamil folk songs have been used Tamil mds. It seems Annakili unna theduthey is lifted from her version of some folk song, she sang both the songs but was never disrespectful to any MD.

app_engine
22nd June 2006, 08:08 PM
Hi Karthik (inetk),
It's the last one (hardware lumber stores stuff)...but unfortunately, this mp3 does have only a portion of it. On Radio commercials, the `avaLukkenna' portion will follow after this part...

app_engine
22nd June 2006, 08:19 PM
http://www.homedepot.com.edgesuite.net/nsdata/videos/THD_CityGirlVideo.wmv
http://www.homedepot.com.edgesuite.net/nsdata/videos/YHTV_0049_Indecision.wmv

both the above too have only parts of the music that one hears all the time in commericials on FM...

inetk
23rd June 2006, 10:02 AM
Deep Purple's 'A strange kind of woman' has the lines,

"I want you, I need you, I gotta be near you",

which does sound similar to

"dhinam moadhum karai thoarum ada aaRum isai paadum jil jil jil enRa shrutiyilae".

But the point is to see the context of inspiration. I'm going to call this a homage (if at all it was consciously done by Rahman) but I'm sure people will pounce on me for this. My logic is that this piece did not help in creating the song. My perspective of inspirations/ lifts is the fact that another track has helped a composer create his song.

This instance is as much Rahman's homage to Deep Purple as Raja's homage to Uriah Heep, for Kalyanaraman track, 'Kaadhal Vandhiruchu'. But the difference that I'd like to point out is that in Raja's song, the inspired piece opens the tamil song and is perhaps very very well remembered. This leads me to think that this piece might have triggered the process of creating that Kalyanaraman song. The flow further down is of course not same as the Uriah Heep track, but that spark is enough for an ace composer like Raja to build something on his own.

However, in case of Rhythm's Nadhiye, I cant think of this interlud'ish piece triggering Rahman to create the song. If at all, the song's beginning (theem thanana part) bears some similarity to parts of stage song from Nammavar where Kamal Hassan over indulges himself despite being only a professor in what seems like a student's competition :-)

So, this could perhaps be a folk song as Dinesh had pointed out. Then the argument is similar to this being inspired by a folk song as much as Annakili's title song being inspired by another folk song. Now thats a grey area, since no one has heard the source folk tracks and perhaps we never will! If at all we do (like it happened in case of Hum dil de chuke sanam's 'Nimbuda') that would be a wonderful insight on how well has the film track been adapted, without due credit of course!

Karthik
www.itwofs.com

inetk
25th June 2006, 09:39 PM
A B C Nee Vaasi from Oru Kaidhiyin Diary (1984) (not to be confused with the cow 'n milk business that the retired jail bird managed :-)

Inspired? Homage?....Internalized? You decide!

http://www.itwofs.com

Karthik S

rajasaranam
26th June 2006, 12:46 PM
karthick,

Inspired for sure :)

Should be Kamal factor i believe... he always asks Raja to compose, quoting some other piece like he did for 'Inji Idupazhagi' and 'Puthu maapillaikku' :oops:

Scale
26th June 2006, 02:46 PM
What a joke? :lol:

KH is the only deprived inspirer whereas IR the greatest Legend is the most original composer on earth. Keep going :rotfl:

Thanks to Antonio Netto (&itwofs) for bringing this 1897 track to limelight :shock: Yeah Inspired :)

Sanjeevi
26th June 2006, 02:59 PM
You've corrected the senctence at your site. Thanks karthik :D

Nakeeran
26th June 2006, 04:38 PM
karthick,

Should be Kamal factor i believe... he always asks Raja to compose, quoting some other piece like he did for 'Inji Idupazhagi' and 'Puthu maapillaikku' :oops:

Rajasaranam

You dont need to justify this.

IR's overall record on originality is much much higher , rather highest when you consider the number of movies & songs he composed ! :D

By the way, is Mustafa mustafa also an inspiration for ARR ? I mean the chorus ?

Nakeeran
26th June 2006, 04:40 PM
karthick,

Rajasaranam

You dont need to justify this.

When Kaidiyin diary was made 1985 ?? , I dont think Kamal was influencing the directors on music also . I doubt this as this was a BR movie and BR himself would have influenced IR a lot.

However, IR's overall record on originality is much much higher , rather highest when you consider the number of movies & songs he composed ! :D

By the way, is Mustafa mustafa also an inspiration for ARR ? I mean the chorus ?

dinesh2002
26th June 2006, 06:11 PM
to change the topic, bringin ARRahman in the picture now???? :lol2:

nakeeran,then seeing it so blindly like that,tell me how many tunes u remember from IR...honestly! i bet u most to most 200 - 300 songs?? and these copied/lifts r all based on this popular 200-300 songs only...yet to touch the others which r least popular and even which r not remembered now...if im not mistaken,IR composed 800 movies ?? [correct me on this yeah] 800 X 5songs [minimum] = 4000 songs.... michcham 3700 songs only GOD & IR knows where he lift/inspired....

dun jump on me attacking me yeah,think logicly!!!ellam puriyum....

Nakeeran
26th June 2006, 06:21 PM
to change the topic, bringin ARRahman in the picture now???? :lol2:

nakeeran,then seeing it so blindly like that,tell me how many tunes u remember from IR...honestly! i bet u most to most 200 - 300 songs?? and these copied/lifts r all based on this popular 200-300 songs only...yet to touch the others which r least popular and even which r not remembered now...if im not mistaken,IR composed 800 movies ?? [correct me on this yeah] 800 X 5songs [minimum] = 4000 songs.... michcham 3700 songs only GOD & IR knows where he lift/inspired....

dun jump on me attacking me yeah,think logicly!!!ellam puriyum....

Dinesh ! Honestly, I just recollected Mustafa ( I myself overheard this English chorus version ) must have been an inspiration

Your analysis of IR is logically correct :D atleast 800 + movies & if you consider the INSPIRATION factor from English tunes, the % is negligible :D

dinesh2002
26th June 2006, 06:44 PM
yes pa...the " Ohh Ohhh Ohhhh" part rite?? ;),if im not mistaken,some 1 mentioned it b4 without giving the source,i hope some1 will come up with the source :)

Yes Nakeeran,thats y when people say look at itwofs, in 30 years IR has 11 list & ARR in 14 years have 10 list....they will bring the comparison like that,but they arent comparing in the correct ground [amount of songs composed ]...thats y i threw some lights so that people will see the FACT and compare it propaly...no offence to all IR fans yeah....

Nakeeran
26th June 2006, 07:05 PM
yes pa...the [b]" Ohh Ohhh Ohhhh" part rite?? ;[/b:)....

Xactly ! that Ohho oho part only I heard it somewhere . Probably ARR must hve got inspired by the rhythm & developed it further.

kiru
27th June 2006, 02:58 AM
A B C Nee Vaasi from Oru Kaidhiyin Diary (1984) (not to be confused with the cow 'n milk business that the retired jail bird managed :-)

Inspired? Homage?....Internalized? You decide!

http://www.itwofs.com

Karthik S
Oh no..completely inspired..almost copied.
Disappoiting. This was one of my favorite songs. WCM gets transmuted to pop ..with the notes played by the bass guitar instead of the string section.

(Thanks inetk/Karthik for unearthing this ).

rajasaranam
27th June 2006, 03:53 AM
kiru for a single line of inspiration >>> copy is a very harsh term IMO. There are MD's here who copy whole songs from time immemorial :notworthy:
It should be a really interesting to study when such inspirations are unearthed and see how IR translates that single bit of music adding his own creativity to it and flows on making our imaginations also to soar high :)

app_engine
28th June 2006, 01:56 AM
Are these two songs from the same movie:

'poovAgi, kAyAgi, kanindha maram ondRu; poovAmal, kAikkAmal kidandha maram ondRu'

&

'veNNilavE, thaNmadhiyE, ennudanE vArAi; nilavE, nilavE vArAi' ?

I see some resemblences between both melodies...may be a recycle by the same MD... or similarity in sandham / scale...experts comment please

Nakeeran
28th June 2006, 03:32 PM
Are these two songs from the same movie:

'poovAgi, kAyAgi, kanindha maram ondRu; poovAmal, kAikkAmal kidandha maram ondRu'

&

'veNNilavE, thaNmadhiyE, ennudanE vArAi; nilavE, nilavE vArAi' ?

I see some resemblences between both melodies...may be a recycle by the same MD... or similarity in sandham / scale...experts comment please

Vennilave thamadhiye - Vanji kotai valiban

Poovaagi - Banumathi sang this song - Movie ?

However, I dont see any similarity

Hulkster
29th June 2006, 07:41 PM
I listened to the song ABC Nee Vaasi and the opening prelude is a very racey version of the prelude of the original song but the tune is totally different and so are the beats...except for the racey part in the prelude of ABC nee Vaasi there is no nuances of the original song. This is certainly not as big a inspiration as yentha poovilum vaasam undu of muratt kaalai where the nuances of the original song had a very clear resemblance while ABC nee vaasi prelude only inspires from the ta na na ta na na mild rhythms and ends it there.

jaiganes
30th June 2006, 07:18 AM
Mild inspiration from ARR.
There is an Eminem song I was watching in VH1 . I donno the name of the song. but the video has got eminem spoofing super heroes and stuff - he climbs a wall with a rope and that kinda stuff. there is a techno bit that sounds - yep Sa Re Ga Me. After that the song goes on a diff track. The boys song takes it and dgoes in a diff route. However Boys song is better than the Eminem song

dinesh2002
30th June 2006, 11:08 AM
Mild inspiration from ARR.
There is an Eminem song I was watching in VH1 . I donno the name of the song. but the video has got eminem spoofing super heroes and stuff - he climbs a wall with a rope and that kinda stuff. there is a techno bit that sounds - yep Sa Re Ga Me. After that the song goes on a diff track. The boys song takes it and dgoes in a diff route. However Boys song is better than the Eminem song

yes ganes,infact this thing was noticed during the 3rd day after Boys audio rleased...the part " Saregame,Padhanise" ... that part is the only part which is simular rite? ;)

kiru
30th June 2006, 11:49 PM
Hulkster, isn't the notes for the phrase 'ABC nee vasi' from the L'Arlesene ? Also, I think, the idea of chorus/harmony in the bgm against the foreground bassline, seems to be exactly like the foreground tempo and background string tune in L'Arleseine.
(rs, I dont compare IR with other MDs. You will never seem me respond, if there is any report here about other MDs copying. IR is in a different class and I am critical because I hold him in high regard in a totally different plane from all the other current MDs)

vijayr
1st July 2006, 02:33 AM
Th opening notes are definitely the same as ABC nee vaasi while the string section has been replaced cleverly by chorus in the Tamil song. This is not a lift but heavy inspiration.
Not very surprising to me anymore since finding
Akkarai seemai azhaginile and endha poovilum vaasam were definite lifts. kaNNan oru kaikuzhandhai, poove Ilaya poove's charanam, aayiram thaamarai mottukaLe are all lifted from folk songs or lullabies sung by IR's mother as mentioned by Gangai amaran(and probably IR himself in some interviews).This one will fall slightly above the category of kaadhal vandhiruchu/chittukku sella chittukku, somewhere between a mild inspiration and a lift IMO.

Hulkster
1st July 2006, 09:26 AM
Hulkster, isn't the notes for the phrase 'ABC nee vasi' from the L'Arlesene ? Also, I think, the idea of chorus/harmony in the bgm against the foreground bassline, seems to be exactly like the foreground tempo and background string tune in L'Arleseine.
(rs, I dont compare IR with other MDs. You will never seem me respond, if there is any report here about other MDs copying. IR is in a different class and I am critical because I hold him in high regard in a totally different plane from all the other current MDs)

Yes the prelude notes are certainly inspired from the background string tune where it goes ta na na ta na na....the chorus in ABC nee Vaasi is totally tamilish and goes to a higher tempo compared to L'Arlesene...so i believe it is nowhere near a lift. I say inspiration as the ABC nee vaasi plays this ta na na rhythm in a more pacey manner with different intruments. L'Arleseine sounds more like a orchestra while ABC Nee Vaasi sounds more like a pacey rhythm when you compared the preludes notes. But to be called a lift is too way off its mark.

Vijayr most Musicians have some sort of inspirtation from their life. IR wanted to make a tribute to his mother for her guidance in his early musical career so that is why he played the tunes of the songs his mother sang to him. You make his mother sound like mozart and that IR copied from her...:banghead: and whats wrong in paying a tribute to his own mother?...anyway besides those songs the rest were his own. If you became successful one day..and your mother/father were your guidance..sometimes you might want to make a tribute to them through your career...this is also no different from this.

vijayr
1st July 2006, 11:30 AM
Hulkster, IR paNNA tribute,maththavan paNNA copya? One song for tribute is good enough. When you have several songs lifted over a span of several years you cannot say its tribute or adaptation or use such euphemisms. IR himself mentioned that he used all the folk tunes he knew in his early years in TFM(including his debut annakiLi unna thedudhe which was an already existing folk lullaby) and at a point wondered what he was going to do when he ran out of stock of his folk tune bank. That didnt sound like "tribute" to me. More of inspiration and mostly intentional.

dinesh2002
1st July 2006, 01:25 PM
wow....when its IR in the picture,u guys can come up with many words replacing inspired/lift.....tribute la...this is tamilish la...a MILD inspiration la....
bravo :lol2:

smss_engineer
1st July 2006, 01:58 PM
hi guys!

Once i heard the song Kannamuchi kelada from kandukondein kandukondein, i strongly believed it is surely resembles some old song. yes it is right very . A old song, Ariya paruvamada from missiyamma (1955),music by S. Rajeshwara Rao.

atleast the first two lines are lifted, ARR just slows down the Tempo/speed.

dinesh2002
1st July 2006, 02:04 PM
hi guys!

Once i heard the song Kannamuchi kelada from kandukondein kandukondein, i strongly believed it is surely resembles some old song. yes it is right very . A old song, Ariya paruvamada from missiyamma (1955),music by S. Rajeshwara Rao.

atleast the first two lines are lifted, ARR just slows down the Tempo/speed.

here comes the wisecracker from itwofs group that is so eager in finding every 1 sec in each & every ARR's song that sounds like another songs :lol2:

brother, we need to compose songs based on a raag... probably kaanamoochi & that song is based on same raag....im no expert though but a wild guess...btw...im JEANSDI in the group...so ur cornered by me no matter where u bring ur soft soap.... :lol2:

smss_engineer
1st July 2006, 02:44 PM
My dear dinesh2002!

It seems to me that you are a hardcore fan of ARR.

1. Arya paruvamada is based on "karaharapriya"
2. kannamoochi kelada is based on "Natakkurinji" raga.javascript:emoticon(':idea:')

what are u going to say? your statement "both may be based on same raaga" is now vanished.

then how comes the similarities. hey man, surely both songs has lot of similarities to tell it as an inspiration.

I have seen many ARR fans are not willing to accept the fact. :?: javascript:emoticon(':?:')

smss_engineer
1st July 2006, 03:01 PM
Dinesh2002!

See what u have written in page 42 for some Aa Aah, song

and chittukurivi song & mayilirage sounds simular?? its a known fact Mayilirage soudned very 1960ish,mabby coz thats wut made u say that?? apadi paatha, ALL latest song is DEF INSPIRED by old songs.....
:D

You are well biased towards ARR. these shows that You had this is in ur mind always

"ARR panna development/raaga similarity/coincidence/globalisation of indian music etc, mathavanga panna copy/inspiration/suttathu?" 8-)

dinesh2002
1st July 2006, 03:12 PM
mr engineer...i never said IT WAS based on same raag...i said it might been a WILD GUESS....nalla padichithu vanthe pesungapa....try taking another's md's inspiration & ARR's inspiration...there will be a huge gap which shows thier dependance on thier inspiration.... for instance,take ARR's inspiration from MSV for the song Enna Vilai Azhage - Thangapadakathin melai.... and take Hj's Gulmore Malare - Pacchai Nirame,YSR's THeendi Theedni - Rimjim Rimjim.....it will give u the answer....its never easy to compose a song like ARR or IR...so keep that in ur mind while u post messages....b4 getting bashed up by many :lol2:

Hulkster
2nd July 2006, 08:24 AM
Hulkster, IR paNNA tribute,maththavan paNNA copya? One song for tribute is good enough. When you have several songs lifted over a span of several years you cannot say its tribute or adaptation or use such euphemisms. IR himself mentioned that he used all the folk tunes he knew in his early years in TFM(including his debut annakiLi unna thedudhe which was an already existing folk lullaby) and at a point wondered what he was going to do when he ran out of stock of his folk tune bank. That didnt sound like "tribute" to me. More of inspiration and mostly intentional.

Please note i said most musicians including IR have inspirations in their life.
Every musician has some sort of inspiration from his birth surroundings and living when he makes a song. It is like a reminder of how they lived and their life when they make it into a song. To call such things as copying or inspiration like those songs came from a album or movie is just too overboard. Thats the same for IR...his mother formed a big part of his development and he thought he should compose his first few songs in remembrance of her. Even you would do that if you have been guided by someone in your life. But to make even such a simple thing sound like a world class copy just proves that your being too narrow minded.

Dinesh2002 have i come to you talking abt ARR copied everything and bla bla?..do not disturb other people's conversations if you have nothing to do with it. If you want to create trouble go to the spam thread and spam all you want..nobody will disturb you. Please have some decorum and integrity when others are having conversation. There was no mention of ARR here and your making it a big topic unnecessarily.

smss_engineer
2nd July 2006, 09:06 AM
Mr. Dinesh2002 and co,

come guys! i have seen many times in this forum, that ARR fans always makes fun out of Md's other than ARR. My only diappointment- they are not even listening what peoples are saying, Just they are looking for just the word IR and if they find any unfavor statements towards IR, they will on the league!

I am not degrading anybody and upgrading anybody!

Be a true music listner.

How many of you noticed excellent Bass guitar/classical notes, violin arrangements,flute,harmony,counterpoint (all western elements) all blending perfectly together with the carnatic/folk tunes in Illayaraja's songs?

How many of you noticed the new form of rythmic patterns/continuous flow (non-stop & non-changing rythm), good sound enhancement and digital mania in ARR's songs?

Illayaraja made things based on his pre-Md's!He made hard/big/unknown elements into simple and known forms!

ARR made things based on his pre-Md's!He made simple things into a very big thing! thats all.He prooved that you can do several things even after IR!

we have to proud to be live with these national icons!

smss_engineer
2nd July 2006, 09:19 AM
Guys!

Another thing! Don't put the statements like Hey he got 4 national awards and so. the award selections board is not the high court or they are not the gods. tha award committee is worser than ordinary listners. They gave National award for anu malik / Anand-miliand (whoever) some years back and i think for tu tu tu tu tara or tapori, it's a blatant copy of adi rakkamma kaiya thattu (whole world knows whose composition that is!).

let us discuss in positive manner

Renault
2nd July 2006, 09:41 AM
At last some sanity prevails in this thread. Thanks a lot Hulks and SMSS Engineer.

thamizhvaanan
2nd July 2006, 10:01 AM
sms, despite ur irritating, "diff versions of same topic" kinda new threads, you are partly right.

How many of you noticed excellent Bass guitar/classical notes, violin arrangements,flute,harmony,counterpoint (all western elements) all blending perfectly together with the carnatic/folk tunes in Illayaraja's songs?

very true, those are IR special. the forte of IR. others can only imitate. but that is that the end of music is it? ARR provided another facet of music, that ppl thot didn exist. And to push the envelope of music, once thot to be conquered and to be counted and hailed after someone like IR, it goes without saying that ARR is indeed special.

How many of you noticed the new form of rythmic patterns/continuous flow (non-stop & non-changing rythm), good sound enhancement and digital mania in ARR's songs?

:evil: :evil: :evil: typical of a HCIR fan, trying to degrade ARRs music and making it look like a engineers mass-production :evil: . Well thats the case, if u wanna close ur eyes, plug ur ears and shut ur brain, but to a casual or a scrupulous listerner, his music is much more.

non-stop & non-changing rythm :shock: excuse me! but who is the master of non-changing rhythm? how many times do u hear IR's tabla change pattern in "chinna thambi" songs or in a pathos song :huh: . take away his preludes and interludes, IR's songs are as monotonous as it can get, except some of the "out of the world" songs like "kadhalin Dheepam", where he really weaves his magic in the form of violin orchestra complimenting the rhythm. I really like IRs music but dont try to fool me by saying his music is the end of the world. "pazhayana kazhidhalum pudhiyana pugudhalum" indriyamaiyadhadhu.

you can continue ur worship of IR by creating new threads but pls dont bash ARR. He doesn deserve this :evil: .

dinesh2002
2nd July 2006, 11:20 AM
sms, despite ur irritating, "diff versions of same topic" kinda new threads, you are partly right.

very true, those are IR special. the forte of IR. others can only imitate. but that is that the end of music is it? ARR provided another facet of music, that ppl thot didn exist. And to push the envelope of music, once thot to be conquered and to be counted and hailed after someone like IR, it goes without saying that ARR is indeed special.

:evil: :evil: :evil: typical of a HCIR fan, trying to degrade ARRs music and making it look like a engineers mass-production :evil: . Well thats the case, if u wanna close ur eyes, plug ur ears and shut ur brain, but to a casual or a scrupulous listerner, his music is much more.

non-stop & non-changing rythm :shock: excuse me! but who is the master of non-changing rhythm? how many times do u hear IR's tabla change pattern in "chinna thambi" songs or in a pathos song :huh: . take away his preludes and interludes, IR's songs are as monotonous as it can get, except some of the "out of the world" songs like "kadhalin Dheepam", where he really weaves his magic in the form of violin orchestra complimenting the rhythm. I really like IRs music but dont try to fool me by saying his music is the end of the world. "pazhayana kazhidhalum pudhiyana pugudhalum" indriyamaiyadhadhu.

you can continue ur worship of IR by creating new threads but pls dont bash ARR. He doesn deserve this :evil: .

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: beautifully explained....when u can see the speciality in IR, automaticlly it will make u see the speciality in ARR,the only thing that is making u people against ARR is coz of ur ego...nothing else...try asking any ARR fan,y?even some TRUE IR fans,they can tell the difference & thier speiciality which no other MDS can do....the other mds can only COPY,not CREATE thier [ARR & IR] magics!! :wink: ARR's music is much more than those electronic sounds or loops ...if ur TRUE music fan,its not difficult for u to find that heavenly feel in ARR's songs....

renault,for u sanity is when peep bash ARR & praise IR??? tsk tsk tsk... :lol2:

hulkster,dun tension....truth hurts all the time.... :lol2: ,dude,this forum is for everyone to discuss,its not designed for only 2 individual to discuss on 'personal' stuffs....and dude,not necassary if only ARR is mentioned i should be posting my messages rite?? when i see 'interesting' messages,i'll respond too....esp like urs :lol2:

Renault
2nd July 2006, 09:53 PM
Dinesh,

It has been like ARR fans ridiculing IR and not vice-versa. What we are trying to say is ARR is way elow his st and his place is now confortably taken over by YSR and HJ (VV selling hot in the market).. so why don't u guys wait for ARR to hit back.. or hope to hit ack, I should say.

ARR is defintely not a big genious as IR is but is extremely talented, agreed. My point is he is way below his best these days.

MADDY
3rd July 2006, 08:17 PM
Dinesh,

It has been like ARR fans ridiculing IR and not vice-versa. What we are trying to say is ARR is way elow his st and his place is now confortably taken over by YSR and HJ (VV selling hot in the market).. so why don't u guys wait for ARR to hit back.. or hope to hit ack, I should say.

ARR is defintely not a big genious as IR is but is extremely talented, agreed. My point is he is way below his best these days.

y the heck do u think ARR is not a bigger genius than IR? if u seriously believe so, then put a hecking IMHO b4 ur statement..........dont generalise ur paranoic dreams here......

y shuld we ridicule IR? ARR fans feel very secure abt ARR.....we know that there is no death for his music , atleast from our point of view, so we hardly care about Ilayaraja.....got it? we need not derive satisfaction from ridiculing IR........we really get angry when we see ppl. posting IR is greater than ARR......how the heck u guys want us to accept this? IR is different, ARR is different......i dunno y ppl. want to keep digging this every now and then....

rashid2raj
4th July 2006, 02:20 PM
When i listened to danish radio this morning i was surpriced to hear the Guitar from YSR's: Merke merke (KNM), just much faster. I think Yuvan got inspired from that track..

rashid2raj
4th July 2006, 02:32 PM
Here's the link for that song i heard in radio.. Another bad one from yuvan :shock: :?

http://www.mytempdir.com/782758

dinesh2002
5th July 2006, 06:28 PM
i was in a bookstore today,heard a mandarin song which had the same opening line of Manjal Veyil - VV ... " Manjal veyil maalaiyile.. mela mela iruluthe..
palichidum vilakugal.. pagal pol kaatuthe.."

wonder if harris is a fan of mandarin songs coz even Ore Nybagam - Minnale was a mandarin song too....i remember listening to it in a night market during 2001....

rags141
12th July 2006, 09:03 PM
Vidyasagar's Parthban Kanavu Song "Buck Buck" resembles a lot like IRs Aalukoru Aasai Song "Idaya Mazhayil".

rashid2raj
12th July 2006, 10:57 PM
i was in a bookstore today,heard a mandarin song which had the same opening line of Manjal Veyil - VV ... " Manjal veyil maalaiyile.. mela mela iruluthe..

wonder if harris is a fan of mandarin songs coz even Ore Nybagam - Minnale was a mandarin song too....i remember listening to it in a night market during 2001....

Is mandarin a band?? or ..

popeye11
12th July 2006, 10:58 PM
Kadhal Inikuthapa - from Kaivantha Kalai is the same as Chal Chal - Happy Re by Yuvan
(Listen to the interludes and the starting pattern)

Good ripoff from Dhina

dinesh2002
13th July 2006, 04:27 PM

Is mandarin a band?? or ..

mandarin is one of the CHINESE language... :D ... not sure which band or album did HJ took that particular line & oru nyabagam, but def it can be easily said HJ riped off 80 % for the Oru Nyabagam & 40 % for Manjal Veiyil....

Vysar
14th July 2006, 07:49 PM
1980s Poovae Poochudavaa song starting chorus "Na Na" is a rip off to the Christmas song Jingle Bell Jingle Bell Jingle all the way

rajdes
21st July 2006, 08:43 AM
Dhina's Yugaa seems to have a song ripped straight off from "College Teenage pengal ellorkum en meedhu kangal" phrase of Ilamai Idho Idho. It is not an out-and-out remix though.

crvenky
21st July 2006, 05:11 PM
There have been some BGM lifting in the recent movies - Uyir, Kai vandha kalai and Kusthi.

Uyir has some Mugam & Sethu BGMs (Joshua already suttufy one piece in Kadhal). In Kusthi, Iman has mildly used Agni natchathiram BGM (for Vijayakumar). As Kai vandha kalai is Aanpaavam-2, that theme has been used with some variation.

saradhaa_sn
4th August 2006, 07:01 PM
சமீபத்தில் வந்து சக்கை போடு போட்டுக்கொண்டிருக்கும் பாடலான

"வாழை மீனுக்கும் விலாங்கு மீனுக்கும் கல்யாணம்
சென்னா குண்ணி கூட்டமெல்லாம் ஊர்கோலம்"

என்ற பாடல், சுமார் 20 ஆண்டுகளுக்கு முன்னர் ரவிச்சந்திரன் நடித்த் படத்தில் வரும்

"விசிலடிச்சான் குஞ்சுகளா குஞ்சுகளா
வெம்பி பழுத்த பிஞ்சுகளா பிஞ்சுகளா"

என்ற மெட்டின் ஈயடிச்சான் காப்பி.

இவங்களல்லாம் எப்போதான் சொந்தமா மெட்டு போட போறாங்களோ... போங்கப்பா....

dinesh2002
4th August 2006, 07:34 PM

engelis'se please!!!

app_engine
4th August 2006, 08:07 PM
dinesh2002, `vaLa meenukkum' is a ditto copy of `visiladichchAn kunjukaLA' song from an old Ravichandran movie, according to Saradha chEchi...

Jilaba
6th August 2006, 05:14 PM

Bale 'Copy Rajakkal'

adikka vendiya copyellaam adichchittu, TV la betti kodukkumbothu ivanunga alattikkiratha paarkanume. Adeyappa.

Isaiyai naangathaan kandu pidichom appadeengara maathiri pesuvaanunga.

senthilv.com
12th August 2006, 05:54 AM
Raaja's "Paatinge Ra Pa Pa" from the movie "Poovizhi Vaasalilae" is inspired from Jeff wayne's War of the worlds musical song "The eve of war'

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009MAPUO/sr=1-1/qid=1155341885/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-1582816-5682346?ie=UTF8&s=music

rajasaranam
12th August 2006, 04:35 PM
Senthil,

There is nothing notable inspiration except the notes repeated thrice in both compositions If that is the case thos three note repeatetion can be found in the first movement of Beethoven's fifth symphony.Listen to it here
http://w3.rz-berlin.mpg.de/cmp/beethoven_sym5.html
Even jeff waynes composition seems to be inspired from Beethoven :notworthy:

rajasaranam
12th August 2006, 04:39 PM
Senthil,

There is nothing notable inspiration except the notes repeated thrice in both compositions If that is the case thos three note repeatetion can be found in the first movement of Beethoven's fifth symphony.Listen to it here
http://w3.rz-berlin.mpg.de/cmp/beethoven_sym5.html
Even jeff waynes composition seems to be inspired from Beethoven :notworthy:

nilavupriyan
12th August 2006, 06:20 PM
karthick,

inji idupazhagi inspired??..pudhu maapilaiku too??/..
somebody throw some light on this

MrJudge
12th August 2006, 06:27 PM
inji idupazhagi inspired??..pudhu maapilaiku too??/..
somebody throw some light on this

inji from some old hindi song and pudhu from some MGR movie (I think he is a circus running guy in that movie)

Sanguine Sridhar
13th August 2006, 06:42 PM
In the movie 'Aaha' .. 'Mudhan Mudhalil paarthyen' is a copy of a hindhi song! Can anyone name that hindhi song please?

sivasub
13th August 2006, 09:02 PM
sochenge tumhe pyaar karte nahin... rishi kapoor acted in the movie and music is by nadeem-shravan

Sanguine Sridhar
14th August 2006, 12:45 AM
Thank u siva

NOV
14th August 2006, 07:35 AM
pudhu maapilaiku too??/..
somebody throw some light on thisnot copied, but same sandham

pudhu maappilaikku nalla yOgamada :arrow: naan paarththadhilE aval oruththiyaithaan

andha manamagalthaan vandha nEramadaa :arrow: nalla azhagi enbEn nalla azhagi enbEn

NOV
14th August 2006, 07:56 AM
talking of copied songs, no one can beat Deva and his family members. :boo:

Imsai Arasan song aadivaa paadivaa was a total flick from yaaradi nee mOhini right to the thEn vEnumaa bits. :shock:

aasai kanavE was a shameless copy of oh rasikkum seemaanE

RR
14th August 2006, 10:51 AM
NOV,

The humming in 'panju methai kaniye' is a more blatant copy of 'rasikkum seemaane'.

nilavupriyan
14th August 2006, 12:43 PM
pudhu maapilaiku too??/..
somebody throw some light on thisnot copied, but same sandham

pudhu maappilaikku nalla yOgamada :arrow: naan paarththadhilE aval oruththiyaithaan

andha manamagalthaan vandha nEramadaa :arrow: nalla azhagi enbEn nalla azhagi enbEn

thank u nov

NOV
14th August 2006, 01:01 PM
edhukku periya vaarththai ellaam nilavu? :D

The humming in 'panju methai kaniye' is a more blatant copy of 'rasikkum seemaane'.sorry, I meant this. :P

btw, eththanai kaalam pOnaalum (nee vEnumdaa en chellamE) last part of both saranams is a copy. sattunu gnyabagathukku varra maattEngidhu.

anyone?

tfmlover
15th August 2006, 01:21 AM
it is real saambaar ..even glimpse of konjum puraavE
and tms 'unnaale palaruku vaalvu unaku edhu vaalvu

rajraj
15th August 2006, 01:27 AM
it is real saambaar ..

You mean real aviyal ! :lol:

tfmlover
15th August 2006, 01:39 AM
howdy rajraj..
athu breakthrough kootunnum solalaam :lol:

tfmlover
15th August 2006, 02:34 AM
nitham nitham manathu sitharitha kanavu.. ps song :lol:

kilaadiku killadi paa
valavanuku valavan vaiyagathil undu right :wink:

Sanguine Sridhar
15th August 2006, 08:54 AM
Some of the Deva's & Family Members Copy works which i remember

1. Oh Nenje ra ra (Mugavari) - Get Down -Backstreet Boys
2. Akila Akila ( Neruku Ner) - Buffalo Soldier
3. Salomiya(Kanedhirey Thondrinaal) -Saiyonee- Some Pakistani Band
..... Many more to list!

Sanguine Sridhar
15th August 2006, 08:54 AM
4. Chennai Senthamizh (Mkumran) - Maha Ganapathy

NOV
15th August 2006, 10:12 AM
dont get started on Deva, you will never see the end of it. :lol:
he is the one and only truly global music personality.

nothing is spared - east, west, north, south - nothing is spared.

wanna hear chinese new year song
http://www.kiddyhouse.com/CNY/gongxisong.html
- nilavai kondu vaa (Vaali)

how about get up stand up, stand up for your rights
http://www.bobmarley.com/songs/songs.cgi?getup
- aval varuvaala (thadam-thadam-tham-thadam) - Nerukku Ner

feel like listening to old songs?
http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=791
- konja naal poru thalaivaa - Aasai

ippadi adikku kondE pOgalaam :rotfl2:

Nakeeran
15th August 2006, 04:09 PM
Ner

feel like listening to old songs?
http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=791
- konja naal poru thalaivaa - Aasai

ippadi adikku kondE pOgalaam :rotfl2:

Nov,

Konja naal poru - I thought its from ANANDHA BAIRAVI ragam :cry:

Appadi edhuthu kollungalen indha compositionai !

But Deva wass a preferred composer for Rajini in many movies

Annamalai, Basha, Arunachalam - All were super hits no with lovely songs ? :roll:

NOV
15th August 2006, 06:38 PM
suprapaadham, kandha sashti, andhadhi idhai ellaam suttavarkku aanandha bairavi enna hamsavardhini enna? :lol:

I never said that "his" songs are not nce to hear. :roll:

Nakeeran
15th August 2006, 09:18 PM
suprapaadham, kandha sashti, andhadhi idhai ellaam suttavarkku aanandha bairavi enna hamsavardhini enna? :lol:

I never said that "his" songs are not nce to hear. :roll:

Nov

Unmai dhaan. Avaru ninaicha enna venalum easiya koduparu. Adhan avarudaya specialityo :twisted:

Kandha sashti - O andha Suriyan song solreengalo ?

18 vayadhu ilamottu manadhu ?

I thought its Bheemplas :cry: :oops:

Hope atleast AUTOCARAN AUTOCARAN is original :oops:

tfmlover
15th August 2006, 09:57 PM
i saw pulikesi movie ystrday online..paatu scence :lol:
vadivelu lucky :D

great
16th August 2006, 01:07 PM
3. Salomiya(Kanedhirey Thondrinaal) -Saiyonee- Some Pakistani Band
..... Many more to list!

Junoon Band . Deva and S.A.Rajkumar copied the saiyonee tune at the same time

Deva used it in Kanedhirey Thondrinaal while SAR used it in

Vijay starer Thullatha manamum thullum

En anbeeeeeeeey !!! Megamai vanthu pOgurean

natha1729
20th August 2006, 07:17 AM
do you think that the famous GIORGO MORODER got his two of his greatest hits based on Indian songs?

eg: I feel love (donna summer) (1976) inspired from a unique guitar licks or chops or followup tune in the song "Thedinen Vanthathu?" Ooty Varai Uravu?

2. Is " You take my breath away (1985)" inspired by the second bass guitar interlude in Vachcha Paarvai song?

I strongly feel, they are

thamizhvaanan
20th August 2006, 07:46 AM
I thought junoon band composed sayonee :confused2: Junoon is the pakistani band that SS is referring to ::D

saradhaa_sn
20th August 2006, 10:53 AM
Most of the songs (95%?) of the "Sirpy" were dito copies of Egyptian/Arabic songs.

I heared the original of the following songs in Arabic :

1. Azagiya Laila..... (ullaththai allitha)
2. anbulla mannavane (mettukkudi)
3. kaathalin formula (......... mappillai)
4, yaarathu yaarathu ange (mettukkudi)

toomany like this, the list is long.

Insted of putting his name as 'Mr. Sirpy', he can rename as 'Mr.Copy'.

jaiganes
20th August 2006, 08:06 PM
I was watching Star plus TV and there was a new Ruffles Lays ad, that has "Pudhupettai" music!!!

Sanjeevi
20th August 2006, 10:21 PM
I was watching Star plus TV and there was a new Ruffles Lays ad, that has "Pudhupettai" music!!!

Not only this, another advt has come with PP music.

rajdes
20th August 2006, 11:15 PM
saaradhaa_sn,
Sirpy has a distinction taht is well-known in tfmpage circles- all his songs in Ullathai alli thaa were sourced from around the world. ALL SONGS :-)

rajdes
20th August 2006, 11:15 PM
saaradhaa_sn,
Sirpy has a distinction taht is well-known in tfmpage circles- all his songs in Ullathai alli thaa were sourced from around the world. ALL SONGS :-)

nilavupriyan
21st August 2006, 10:25 AM
heyyy...raaga.com has been using that music for long...

did yuvan copy the music?

great
21st August 2006, 02:24 PM
I thought junoon band composed sayonee :confused2: Junoon is the pakistani band that SS is referring to ::D

:exactly: i Meantioned the band name only

Cinefan
24th August 2006, 05:03 PM

Hey Jai,how are you man?

Sanjeevi
24th August 2006, 05:43 PM
heyyy...raaga.com has been using that music for long...

did yuvan copy the music?

no, they copied (Balki?)

Hulkster
29th August 2006, 01:07 PM
Was watching VV and its BGM as well...and although theres evidence of western styled music in the discovering or exciting parts there was this high tempo-eerieness-high tempo use of the clarinet just seconds before Kamal finds out about the graves.

I have heard it before in gentleman before saranraj gets his head shaved and in thalapathy/nayagan?.

Can someone identify whether its a loop or it was original piece by some composer?

arsaregama
29th August 2006, 09:42 PM
hey paartha naal mudhal is a christian devotional song which is quite popular.. it goes like "yesu pirantharey nam yesu pirantharey parissutha aaviyai piranthavarey" i hear this daily in my neighbours house !!!!

NOV
30th August 2006, 06:28 AM
COPY

Song: Eththanai janmam
Movie: Nee Venunda Chellame
Singers: Harish Raghavendar, Sadhana Sargam

end of saranam 1:

en mEle paattu ezhudhu uyir kaadhal sol eduththhu
nam uyirai sErtheduththu avan pOttaan kai ezhuththu

end of saranam 2:

naan maruppEn mudhal thadavai thalai kunivEn maru thadavai
naan peruvEn sila thadavai pinbu tharuvEn unnagalai

ORGINAL

Song: Oru raaja raaniyidam
Movie: Sivandha Mann
Singers: TMS, PS

End of Fourth and Fifth Saranams

4. idhu kaadhalil oru ragamO ingu kaadhalar arimugamO
5. indha nEraththil idhu sugamO idhazhOraththil paravasamO

:D

thamizhvaanan
30th August 2006, 06:56 AM
Was watching VV and its BGM as well...and although theres evidence of western styled music in the discovering or exciting parts there was this high tempo-eerieness-high tempo use of the clarinet just seconds before Kamal finds out about the graves.

I have heard it before in gentleman before saranraj gets his head shaved and in thalapathy/nayagan?.

Can someone identify whether its a loop or it was original piece by some composer?

VV's BGM was the crappiest I've heard for a while now.... me and my friends were all laughing at the miserable BGMs in the theatre. The BGM for introducing the newyork city was like ... :banghead: .... still worse, towards the end of the film, the music was no better than preset loops available in cheap music software... cheapest music I've heard in a kamal's film. Even Deva did a commendable job in the few films that he got.

vijayr
30th August 2006, 08:48 AM
NOV, I noticed that too, good catch. I started humming the original lines of the charanam endings immediately, but it took me a while to get the pallavi of the original song, MSV had several twists and turns in that song. Atleast in this case Dhina chose a good song to flick from. In another song from the same film, he had flicked the starting line from the torturous "ennatha solvenungo vadumaanga" song by the inimitably atrocious Srikanth Deva

NOV
31st August 2006, 09:14 AM
vijay, it took me a while too, altho I immediately recognised the tune.

copynu vandhaa good song, bad song vidhyaasam irukka? :P
what is the song, btw?

tfmlover
31st August 2006, 09:26 AM
ORGINAL

Song: Oru raaja raaniyidam
Movie: Sivandha Mann
Singers: TMS, PS

End of Fourth and Fifth Saranams

4. idhu kaadhalil oru ragamO ingu kaadhalar arimugamO
5. indha nEraththil idhu sugamO idhazhOraththil paravasamO
:exactly:

vijayr
31st August 2006, 09:35 AM
NOV, I tried out the songs in raaga.com and found out that it is "thottuputtan"sung by Silambarasan
http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0000795.html

But here is what is interesting. When I listened to the full song now I realized that he has flicked the starting slow vocal prelude from "thaNNi karuththurichchu"(Ilamai oonjlaadugiradhu) and the third line "azhagaana poNNUkitta...." resembles the vadumaanga song.

Dhina is something :-)

tfmlover
1st September 2006, 12:54 AM
harris jayrai puthusaa tune poda maataaru
pazhasu thaan maathi maathi samaali

listen to 'aagya sooruyanai netri pottaai from samurai
then chellame..hahaa ha humming before and between ' kaadhalikum aasai illai kangal unnai kaanum varai..

adhai rendayume serthu thaan
'paartha naal muthale.. VV

Renault
1st September 2006, 06:21 PM
well tried tfmlover.

I was bit more convinced with arsaregama's observation on paartha mudhal being a christian devotional song.

Meanwhile BGM was too too noisy.. but slightly better than Ghajini.. HJ needs to improve a lot in this area.

tfmlover
1st September 2006, 08:44 PM
ok jurist
i must listen to the song arsaregama mentioned
will see if i can find online
if you can gime link?

kingvj
1st September 2006, 10:55 PM
vijayr, bulls eye..!!!

Sanguine Sridhar
2nd September 2006, 10:21 AM
There is a song "Ding dong-da ding dong en manadhil.." from the movie Samurai.I like that song very much..excellent music!! but i know very well that it is suttufied from some English song!! Any comments?

tfmlover
3rd September 2006, 06:56 AM
pls gime link i could not find

music man
4th September 2006, 07:32 AM
Yes!! Partha Mudal Naale is based on a Christian devotional song..I too have heard it..They mentioned this even in Suryan FM "Chinna Thambi Periya Thambi" program.Now HJ has started rippin of devotional songs..

Sanguine Sridhar
5th September 2006, 01:05 AM
TFM,
I dont have the link.. :(

Btw... this song

"Ennai konjam maatri...." Kaakha Kaakha

"Collegekku povom" .... Kovil

"Veppamaram puliyamaram".... Saamy

All the three songs looks the same ... :roll:

.....and the remix song in Vallavan "Kaadhal vandhruchu" ... before first stanza...its the beat of 50 Cents - In the club!!

YSR fans any comments ;)

app_engine
5th September 2006, 11:34 PM
"Now HJ has started rippin of devotional songs.."...

Nop...He has been doing this for quite sometime...On this very thread I've posted the link of the original (a Xmas song) for `EdhO ondRu EdhO ondRu unnaikkEtpEn'...

NOV
6th September 2006, 10:21 AM
even old songs had their fair share of copies. :D
anyone remembers the SPB song of the 70s in Raani Yaar Kuzhandhai?

On a hot summer morning
A girl went walking etc etc

en kaiyi romba raasi nee thottu paaru rOsie
mella mella pazhagi vandhaal kaadhal varum easy
Oorai suththum Baama
unakkum enakkum poruththam undu mudichu pOalamaa
ayaO what can I do? Tell me what to do
amaO what can I do? I am mad after you!

any takers for the original? :lol:

NOV
8th September 2006, 07:48 AM
:roll:

original is Maaya Bazaar

kalyaana samayal saadham
kaaigarigalum pramaadham
indha kaurava prasaadham
idhuvE enakku pOdhum

app_engine
8th September 2006, 09:13 PM
Nice find, NOV!

I think MSV's 'kadavuL ninaiththAn, maNa nAL amaiththAn, vAzhkkai uNdAnadhu, thiru magaLE nee vAzhgavE' in some Shivaji movie (post-IR), is copied into a new song that goes like `november mAdham...'(heard it once or twice, don't know the movie or composer)...

tfmlover
8th September 2006, 09:15 PM
nov paatu tune neraya songsla vardu.. i have heard many
ithai ketu paarunga

hey penne unn kolusu
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/26/s/actors.259/movie_name.4146/

123 movi
deva paadum paattu lollu !
maya bazaar haahaaha haannu ithula haahaa haahaa

tfmlover
8th September 2006, 09:37 PM
Nice find, NOV!

I think MSV's 'kadavuL ninaiththAn, maNa nAL amaiththAn, vAzhkkai uNdAnadhu, thiru magaLE nee vAzhgavE' in some Shivaji movie (post-IR), is copied into a new song that goes like `november mAdham...'(heard it once or twice, don't know the movie or composer)...
keelvaanam sivakkum tms
yes its in RED ! hariharan singing

kingvj
12th September 2006, 12:16 AM
Did anyone notice Enigma's track being used in Vettaiyaadu Vilayaadu, during Kamal's hospitalisation scene with Jyotika? It comes twice or thrice during their interactions later from there. Or is it just me?

tfmlover
12th September 2006, 04:24 AM
din see the movie yet kingvj

Hulkster
19th September 2006, 01:28 PM
Deva did music for baasha and there was a bgm piece highlighting the don days of baasha everytime the auto rajini met someone familiar from his don days. What a shock when i listened to the theme of terminator 2 by brad fiedel and the beats and orchestration has been ripped off with only a slight improvisation towards the end. But then again its Deva :lol2:

Hulkster
19th September 2006, 01:31 PM
I listened to this piece called Vangelis - La Petite and it reminded me of a yesteryear song/BGM piece ard 80s to 90s. Can someone with better memory listen to this piece and see if you guys can find the copy of this song.

Here is the link to the original http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=61868398

Click on La Petite and listen.

inetk
19th September 2006, 01:43 PM
Snathes of HAHK's 'Pehla pehla pyar hai' there....particularly that 'jaane ke bhi anjaana' line. Could trace any Tamil song tho!

Karthik

Hulkster
19th September 2006, 01:58 PM
Iwill give it a listen and yes there is certainly a tamil movie song/BGM piece with the same tune as La Petite. HFM does love Vangelis tunes...maybe the way he composes his songs so soothing and melodious is reminiscent of hindustani slow paced melodies in those days.

thamizhvaanan
19th September 2006, 04:41 PM
Did anyone notice Enigma's track being used in Vettaiyaadu Vilayaadu, during Kamal's hospitalisation scene with Jyotika? It comes twice or thrice during their interactions later from there. Or is it just me?which track of enigma? :huh:

the only thing i can remember from the film is the bland meaningless usage of strings for BG :x . Cheap stuff... can be made using fruity loops in less than a minute :hammer:

kingvj
20th September 2006, 04:03 AM
which track of enigma? Huh?!

If I am right, that would be 'Back to the rivers of belief - Way to Eternity'. Just the starting note.

Vysar
24th September 2006, 03:12 PM
I was watching Dhoom yesterday and MD Pritham has copied S A Rajkumar's "Kathala Kathala" Suryavamsam song for "Dilbara". It makes me wonder there might be a original source.

RR
25th September 2006, 11:23 AM
Vysar,

I think the similarity stops at the first line. Later they are very different.

Nerd
26th September 2006, 08:03 AM
I know it would have been discussed a lot of times here. But I could not refrain myself from posting :oops:

Walking :banghead: through :banghead: the :banghead: rainbow :banghead:

I listenened to it when 7G album came out and I had just one word to describe it: Stunning

Then I read somewhere that it isinspired by Johnny's BGM. I dint pay attention to that.

Happened to watch Johnny again this weekend and this is the first time i am watching it after the release of 7G. Oh boy, what a blatant, shameless lift !! The BGM comes thruoght the movie in Johnny and it suited the heavy/level-headed/matured romance very well. And yuvan/selva, lifting it, have used it for a cheap/contrived romance :banghead: They dint even have the common courtesy to say thanks to the master :cry:

Hulkster
26th September 2006, 08:40 AM
Nerd yes it is inspired but Johnny's BGM comes like around 6 second in that rainbow BGM....the rest of the BGM is purely original..i remember that the BGM(rainbow) was around 3mins 20 seconds.

I dunt think the BGM is a inspiration...what we can term it is original piece with a blatant small lift. :D

Nerd
26th September 2006, 08:49 AM
The piece of music (01:35 -- 02:32), which forms the core of the so called Theme music of 7G is a blatant lift and I bet all my money on that 8-)

Hulkster
26th September 2006, 09:01 AM
Listened to it again...20 seconds...well i guess its still short in such a big theme..if he used it as a base we can call the whole theme as a inspiration...but if he just put in that music just for linking the stanzas..then you might have to call it like what i called just now.

Nerd
26th September 2006, 09:09 AM
Just the tempo varies, if u notice closely. The same thing is used in Johnny as well. The tempo varies according to the situation and its NOT 20 secs :twisted: Its almost a minute as I had pointed out !! Watch Johnny again !!

nilavupriyan
26th September 2006, 09:11 AM
what abt the pudhupetai bgm which is used in raaga.com for long!

dondodoi doi dodadai citibank...

yuvan lifted from raaga?

Hulkster
26th September 2006, 05:03 PM
Oh no nerd i mean the time in the BGM piece of 7G rainbow colony is 20 seconds where that piece plays. Well the start of the 7G rainbow colony bgm is totally original and bears no inspiration...i guess its from the lifted bgm onwards that it sounds much more inspired. Im still wondering whether to call it totally inspired or original BGM with blatant lift :confused2:

Hulkster
26th September 2006, 05:05 PM
Nilavu i guess so or it might be a loop used in another original song. :confused2:

thamizhvaanan
26th September 2006, 05:31 PM
Nerd yes it is inspired but Johnny's BGM comes like around 6 second in that rainbow BGM....the rest of the BGM is purely original..i remember that the BGM(rainbow) was around 3mins 20 seconds.

I dunt think the BGM is a inspiration...what we can term it is original piece with a blatant small lift. :DIt is still a significant portion. And the rest of it.... :roll: IR's flautist Napolean happens to be my friends Chithappa... and if my friend's words are to be beleived, a significant portion of the rest of the song was played by him and YSR used that bit straightaway. But still this is unreliable info only :D .