PDA

View Full Version : Dharan's Latest Offering - Sivi - Very Good Songs

Arjuna
1st August 2007, 06:08 PM
This guy should be watched out - he has certainly got talent..

http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0001202.html

Good songs..Different to hear..

mahen01
2nd August 2007, 03:35 PM
Very nice songs.. Sounds so fresh and beautiful composition. Hats off to Dharan.. hope he will give us more in the future.

mahen01
2nd August 2007, 04:11 PM
Just listend to the songs just over 5 times. Its a supurb album. Songs are simply addicting. My fav is Mayavi.. a beautiful number. Sad part is there are only 3 songs. O nenje has 3 versions... Wish there are more songs..

A.ANAND
3rd August 2007, 11:23 AM
enna diffrent innu enakkum theriyila!!!etho amateur malaysian hip-pop album kekkaramathirithan irukku!!!i think d.burn and bob malaysian hip-pop artist.lyric suttama kekkala...

scotish_tamil
3rd August 2007, 02:11 PM
OMG ive got to say it again again Oh My God! Sivi's music is fantastic. No it super dupper dooooooooooopppppppeeeerrrrrrrr fantastic :D :D :D :D :D :D

just listen to it guys

http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0001202.html

Dharan, the new music sensation, has done a fine job. Can someone throw some light on dharan please. He seams to be very good, especially the song "mayavi neeya". I just cant stop listening to it. Its just addictive :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

Arjuna
3rd August 2007, 02:54 PM
Mahen - ur right! - Mayavi is the best song! Its a rocker of a song - just luv it!

Haricharan is too gud!

dinesh2002
3rd August 2007, 06:54 PM
think u guys r hyping the album too much... it sounds very noisy & tuneless.... def not in par with his Parijatham.... :roll:

inetk
3rd August 2007, 07:08 PM
Impressed! 100 words.

http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2007/08/03/sivi-tamil-dharan/

Arjuna
3rd August 2007, 07:14 PM
dinesh,
Do listen to it a few times..its definitely innovative!

chocktalk
3rd August 2007, 09:12 PM
-deleted-

Pras
3rd August 2007, 11:54 PM
no response :huh:

scotish_tamil,

hi dharan how r u ? :wave:

coucou
4th August 2007, 12:06 AM
Maayavi is good one 8-) put the probleme is that ther is more music than lyrics in album:?, I don't understand lyrics written by rajkumar!!

Album just for youth!! :)

scotish_tamil
4th August 2007, 01:59 AM
Ah common guys! did anyone listen to them at all??????

By the way, the music composer for this film lost his Father and His mother about three months ago. I found this info from his community there in the orkut and its honestly tragic to hear.

Mr. pras, i am not Dharan. It would be better if someone could provide more info about this guy. The music is honestly addictive guys... i tell you that. He has a real bright future 8-) .

Freedom
4th August 2007, 02:03 AM
scotish,

I just listened to the maayave neeya song... well it was OK.... just didn't feel like listening to it again and again..... sorry just my opinion :roll:

bingleguy
4th August 2007, 02:04 AM
Wonderful start for that song ...Maayaavi Neeyaa ...... music is absolutelyl wonderful ...

But i would say, he could have given some importance for the voice too ..... though it was Hariharan .... it didnt take up and get shown ... it was more a musical treat with less importance given to voice .... just during the start ...
but poga poga .... voice too started jelling ...

Good one .... deserves a :clap:

will listen to others n comment !

bingleguy
4th August 2007, 02:06 AM
The Theme music was very different .... ys .... this really proves application of different styles coming up ....

This guy really has a good future .... !

More of jazzy music is wat he has tried to combine ...

scotish_tamil
4th August 2007, 02:10 AM
yeah mate. Its exactly the same feel I had when i listened to AR Rehman's ROJA the first time. He has a great potential. The movie is thriller as well I believe. Its been a long time since we had a thriller in tamil cinema. It should be a nice change.

bingleguy
4th August 2007, 02:16 AM
yeah mate. Its exactly the same feel I had when i listened to AR Rehman's ROJA the first time. He has a great potential. The movie is thriller as well I believe. Its been a long time since we had a thriller in tamil cinema. It should be a nice change.

huh .... tis a thriller is it .... ! hmn ... tats interesting ... thriller movies .... are very rare these days .... generally LOVE concept rules ..... but ys ... this should really be a turn ...

any idea ... whose handling this movie ?

scotish_tamil
4th August 2007, 02:23 AM
[tscii:8730ec59c5]This is the closest I could get from the internet

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/july-07-04/30-07-07-sivi.html

Quote "Everyone in the audience was glued to their seats for the entire 20 minutes. Union Minister G.K.Vasan, the chief guest, said he was unhappy with the producer for showing just 20 minutes of the movie which made his heart yearn for more. He also assured that he will watch the movie as soon as it is released.

Nag Ravi of Insight Media praised the young music director Dharan of Parijatham fame, especially on the background score which he says has an international feel to it. He added that the sound recording done at the Four Frames Theatres is on par with the background score of any Hollywood movie. With the music director’s previous hit song Unnai Kandaenae having a record two lakhs ring tone download Sivi’s songs is sure to become a chartbuster.

Is it a horror or a thriller movie? I remember to have read it to be a thriller. i am not sure. Do you know any thing about that mate bingleguy?????[/tscii:8730ec59c5]

sloshed
4th August 2007, 04:25 AM
Finally an album to shake off my rustiness and take the forum....

As dinesh would have noticed right from Parijatham .. I am puzzled with Dharan's absencse.. where did this guy vanish!!! and lo and behold he comes up with a shocker.. (it might shock a few!!) ...

I am extremely convinced with everything written by intek about the album.... refreshing and smooth... welcome change from trashes around.. and look at the banner.. arbit junkbox of a movie.... I can help comparisons with TPM from Yuvan ... which minus the banner belongs only to the Junkbox... Dharan gives a lesson or two to Yuvan how to create a rap song.... which reminds me ..couple of years back in Kanda Naal Muthal ...there was a rap song in the album which starts with "Yo Yuvan ... Yeah ".. and tfmers were head over heels with Hurray for Hip-Hop... and Yuvans indulgenece with remixes is another thread to think about.. Somebody please open a thread for that...given the limited time I have to do this I would love to rip him apart for his remixes...

As Intek pointed out...2 things really stand out...
his big banners cannot take note of this guy after this album .. we gonna lose this talenty teenager...
and also his "gibberish" interludes a la HJ ...

whatever it is.. I think TFM is getting extremely interesting... GVP...Dharan... My guess is GVP will be the next big playa to watch out for.... he is bloody damn good....

richard_vijay
4th August 2007, 11:11 AM
We have another great young whizkid to compete against GV Prakash ;)

I would say Dharan is much more better than GV Prakash.

mahen01
4th August 2007, 11:28 AM
So far Dharan has only done 2 movies. We have to wait and see if he can keep giving hit albums..

MrJudge
4th August 2007, 11:29 AM
welcome change from trashes around.. and look at the banner.. arbit junkbox of a movie.... I can help comparisons with TPM from Yuvan ... which minus the banner belongs only to the Junkbox...

TPM banner?? is it a respectable one? I doubt.

Dharan gives a lesson or two to Yuvan how to create a rap song.... which reminds me ..couple of years back in Kanda Naal Muthal ...there was a rap song in the album which starts with "Yo Yuvan ... Yeah ".. and tfmers were head over heels with Hurray for Hip-Hop...

Haven't listened to this sivi track yet, but from your statement I understand that Dharan gives a lesson or two all tamil mds' including your fav md, what do you say? :) But when the KNM was released, it was a good hip-hop track in tamil. So no wonder tfmers were head over heels. Was anything wrong on it?

and Yuvans indulgenece with remixes is another thread to think about.. Somebody please open a thread for that...given the limited time I have to do this I would love to rip him apart for his remixes...

Yuvan has done very less number of remixes if you compare with his total no. of songs. But I can understand that you just need a reason to blame him, so you have chosen the remixes route. I am sure you can skip them if you don't like them.

My guess is GVP will be the next big playa to watch out for.... he is bloody damn good....

No dude, Yuvan is the next wave of tfm, just watch out, this guy GVP will be low key players just like Chandrabose/Deva. Also Yuvan gives quite a few lessons to all post-92 mds in the "ithu enga area, ulla varaathe" BGM dept.

MrJudge
4th August 2007, 11:52 AM
Listened to the O nenje track in raaga. It sounds more like Yogib & Natchatra kinda stuff, definitely not new stuff. I don't think he has given any lessons to Yuvan, these kinda tracks are already out there. Also the lead sound coming in the interludes reminds me of Manmadhan BG music, I am not saying it is copied or anything, but reminds me little bit.

mahen01
4th August 2007, 01:40 PM
You guys are crazy. If a newcommer makes good music just listen and enjoy it and wish him all the best for the future.. no need to say he give lessons to youvan or ARR or anoyone else.

slperson1
4th August 2007, 06:54 PM
wow rap that fits the song:)

apparently freedom of speech isnt allowed in this forum.abunch of yuvan lovers wont take any criticism against him even if it is true.

slperson1
4th August 2007, 06:55 PM
As far as newcomers i think dharan and gvp are at the top.yuvan is no longer a new comer so he isnt in this category.id say after rahman its yuvan.

Kreedam
6th August 2007, 08:34 PM
Mayavee Neeya song rocks but y is that haricharan's voice is like in tunnel? instrumentation is higher than voice volume :?

sureshmehcnit
8th August 2007, 12:31 PM
did anyone listened to the songs in original CD/cassette?

The original CDs are not yet available in any music stores... please let me know if you have found it any music shop?

Vaz
9th August 2007, 02:26 PM
Quite an interesting album by Dharan... He definitly has a good future in TFM...

But the negative point is that Sivi looks more as a continuty to Paarijaatham (as far as the music is concerned) rather than something completly new...

Hope he realizes it and provides us with something completly different in his next album.

scotish_tamil
10th August 2007, 04:46 PM
Quite an interesting album by Dharan... He definitly has a good future in TFM...

But the negative point is that Sivi looks more as a continuty to Paarijaatham (as far as the music is concerned) rather than something completly new...

Hope he realizes it and provides us with something completly different in his next album.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Hahahahahahahaha

Honestly mate, how would that be an extension of parijatham? Did you listen to it at all? the hub is real interesting with such people around. Oh my god! thats funny mate... real good :wink:

july
10th August 2007, 08:57 PM
very much interesting album... gonna get the CD..
but still not arrived @ music store ....

aruvi
11th August 2007, 10:17 AM
After reading the hype hear, actually made an attempt to listen to songs on raaga. Was not impressed. Heavy western touch. Though I have been fond of western albums, like Minnal and Oviyam by Suresh Peters, this one didn't impress. I don't really find anything new in it. And no, you all must know I am not a fan of Yuvan, so not trying to purposely bring it down.

mahen01
11th August 2007, 10:44 AM
Well I listened to Minal and Oviyam by suresh peters too. I didnt like them at all. Only one song is listenable in those album. May be suresh peter spoilt his own album by singing the songs himself.

MrJudge
11th August 2007, 05:28 PM
And no, you all must know I am not a fan of Yuvan, so not trying to purposely bring it down.

This is unwarranted, and you must have written you are not a fan of any particular MD. And please don't imagine and think that yuvan fans will bring it down purposely.

popeye11
11th August 2007, 09:12 PM
And no, you all must know I am not a fan of Yuvan, so not trying to purposely bring it down.

This is unwarranted, and you must have written you are not a fan of any particular MD. And please don't imagine and think that yuvan fans will bring it down purposely.

Absolutely!

july
11th August 2007, 10:19 PM
Guys get the song in best CD quality here (but dont forget to buy the cd if u like the album, as i will do it soon)
http://rapidshare.com/files/48285077/TamilStyleZ.Net.Sivi.rar

Thanks to Tamilstylez.

;)

karthik_sa2
11th August 2007, 11:06 PM
am listeneing and the first song <oh nenjae remix> is already yogi b natchathira. infact dr burn of yogi has sung this song. it should be his <dr burn> composition cos its typically yogi style.
second song maayavi is really cool..something as good as unnai kandanae.
sivi theme is somethiig inspired from yuvan style of rerecording.

neruppum song very much resembles taal<remix version> esp beats.

overall not someting new but enjoyable.

karthik_sa2
11th August 2007, 11:08 PM
naeruppum song has shades of thee pidika also..

karthik_sa2
11th August 2007, 11:15 PM
and Yuvans indulgenece with remixes is another thread to think about.. Somebody please open a thread for that...given the limited time I have to do this I would love to rip him apart for his remixes

if we start a thread "hj direct lifts" it would surely hold the record for most number of posts..

u r a harris fan and u don seem to have come here for reviewing this album. its rather u want to throw digressions on yuvan..

the rap u have mentioned in this album as something new only shows ur ignorance cos its already yogib's

sloshed
12th August 2007, 05:05 AM
Aite... furst things furst.. a guy who runs a website for copy's is biased????? That should get ur credit(ibility) score way too high.....
And please if you want to label me as something I would prefer as just a fan... If you can find that I failed to appreciate good around tfmpage.. I am more welcome and eager to discuss music with you ...

Back to the topic....
Dharan for me is /always has been the guy to watch out for... not only unnai kandane.. but there are other songs in the movie as well which held my attention.. His packaging is something to watch out for...
He is simply superb in this album... FYI .. the rap in the song is not new.. I never claimed so.. What I DID claim is the superb mix of a hip-hop somg with an underlying melody all through out the song... something.. Bluffmaster did...
Yuvan ..tried ...but never was able to get a song as good as this...and a note on his remixes ..whether starting from asai nooru vagai... to recent.. he simply doesnt know how to remix a song...
Another point i raised was ...TPM..SP... do u
(I mean U as in someone who maintains a website on music) think that they were awe-dropping stuff??? ..Given a movie like SIVI..look at the output.... Just today I read from dinesh the joke of 2007... someone claimed Kreedom didnt have a song to match the calibre of Arabu Naade??!!!
I would really really like to kno whats ur take ont hat ...My take is simple.. I will stand behind Dinesh ..take a joke book out of my pocket and keep laughing.. :-)

And look at the comments here... shades of this ..shades of that ..... My post is still due at Bheema's page...where I am gonna post Lettermann's top 10 funny things in asia since Bheema Release... You should take a look...I am saying HJ is the almighty.. when he does something nice ..the tfmpage is chup...that reminds me. have u guyz finished searching the world is "Un siripinil" has shades of anything.. becos of you havent found nything.. I hve to put that song alongside.. the best melodies this with "Ayyoyoo from PV" ...Katrin Mozhi from mOZHI.. UU from UU....
The last refernce is just to tell the world where my taste buds lie....

sloshed
12th August 2007, 05:06 AM
typo * I am not saying and will never say HJ is the almighty

aruvi
12th August 2007, 09:13 AM
LOL

karthik_sa2
13th August 2007, 12:57 PM
hey
first of all i don understand what website u mean..

yes dharan might be a good md but this album is no way soemthing new or extraordinary as u all have hyped.. atleast according to me..
does rap have a definite rule??melody and hip hop mixing ??shd it be only that way??? am sure many liked yuvan's kanda naal mudhal song.. since u didn like it don u think it is unfair to claim it as unsucessful??
am again telling u the rap song in this album.. its the exact same style of yogi b.. any credit shd go to them..may be yuvan doesn want to try this cos he wants do somthing on his own...pls listen to yogi b u will know.. its the exact..

regd remix i don understand what yo mean by "does not know how to remix a song"" cos remixing itself is the worst thing to do according to yuvan fans also..still he goes with it and we simply ign0ore them, ejoy other songs in his album. but in a dharan thread bring about yuvan's negative point remix reflects ur negative light and simply shows u want to bring yuvan down and lift harris up.. never suceessful though...
taste differs and opinion differs too. even i feel arabu naade something better than the songs in kireedom.. if u think u r gonna laugh at this keep laughing. we don care one iota on that cos we laugh at most of the harris songs.
un siripinil along with ayyayo and kaatri mozhi.... i wonder u took this too from the joke book u have in ur pocket>> hilarious though!!!!
BTW unsiripinil charanam is malargalzhe song from pudhukotai saravanan.. the charanam part. the pallavi part is ofcourse "spinning around" from kylie minogue.

MrJudge
13th August 2007, 01:51 PM
karthik,

Yuvan has worked already with Yogi B and natchathra in Chennai 28- world cup song. Also they have performed on stage in Vijay TV function with their popular 'madai thiranthu' remix song. So their style and this rap bit are not entirely new things to tfm.

karthik_sa2
13th August 2007, 02:21 PM
karthik,

Yuvan has worked already with Yogi B and natchathra in Chennai 28- world cup song. Also they have performed on stage in Vijay TV function with their popular 'madai thiranthu' remix song. So their style and this rap bit are entirely new things to tfm.

oh tis is news to me...never noticed that... i like them too esp the lyrics.. kinda redifining tamil rap style.. "kadhal engae and siva siva " r my fav's.
but its not nice too see md's adapting their style and not giving them credit.. see for eg in this thread everyone appreciating dharan.

july
13th August 2007, 09:57 PM
Has Sivi given tamil cinema another A.R.Rahman?

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-articles/movies-06/sivi-music-review.html

i dunno how the heck they can come with such title.

*No offence at Sivi album or Dharan. Sivi is my Top favorite album now.

july
13th August 2007, 10:01 PM
karthik,

Yuvan has worked already with Yogi B and natchathra in Chennai 28- world cup song. Also they have performed on stage in Vijay TV function with their popular 'madai thiranthu' remix song. So their style and this rap bit are not entirely new things to tfm.

Bro, Its Dj Funky Sathiya (Singapore) not Yogi-B & Natchatra (Malaysia), YBN was planned innitialy to rap, but all change later... J.K Saravana from singapore co producer for Chennai 60028, invited Dj Funky Sathiya.
So first song from YBN team in TFM is Oh Nenje (Sivi) Rap by Dr.Burn.
2nd song would be from YSR soon, Dr.Burn rap along with Dhanush for untitled movie.
8-)

coucou
14th August 2007, 12:14 AM
imo, it's a good album and better than bheema and kireedom!! :D
oh nenje (rap bit is very good, never heard before in tfm :clap: ) and mayavee are fabulous, rest are good 8-)
the pleasant surprise is there aren't any kuthu songs!!

july
14th August 2007, 06:12 PM
oh nenje (rap bit is very good, never heard before in tfm :clap: ) and mayavee are fabulous, rest are good 8-)

Malaysian style Rap ;)

coucou
14th August 2007, 06:25 PM

Malaysian style Rap ;)
I never heard before but pleasant to listen :) , how is it? Can you give me an album which contains such a rap bit? 8-)

ravi58
14th August 2007, 11:02 PM
gr8 album after SIVAJI.....atleast better than Bheema and kireedom

MrJudge
14th August 2007, 11:13 PM
Bro, Its Dj Funky Sathiya (Singapore) not Yogi-B & Natchatra (Malaysia), YBN was planned innitialy to rap, but all change later... J.K Saravana from singapore co producer for Chennai 60028, invited Dj Funky Sathiya.
So first song from YBN team in TFM is Oh Nenje (Sivi) Rap by Dr.Burn.
2nd song would be from YSR soon, Dr.Burn rap along with Dhanush for untitled movie.
8-)

Thanks, July.

Vaz
24th August 2007, 05:37 AM
A nice album that creates expectation for his next one...

Saw his interview at behindwoods... and was pleased to see that he's quite a modest guy... his role models are 1.ARR and 2.IR...

He lost his parents while working on a movie just after Parijatham :(
that explains the gap between his last album and Sivi...

Expecting more from him!

Somehow I like his "sound" better than GVP's...

littlemaster1982
24th August 2007, 09:48 AM
Songs are quite good. My current favorite :musicsmile:

july
24th August 2007, 05:05 PM
A nice album that creates expectation for his next one...

Saw his interview at behindwoods... and was pleased to see that he's quite a modest guy... his role models are 1.ARR and 2.IR...

He lost his parents while working on a movie just after Parijatham :(
that explains the gap between his last album and Sivi...

Expecting more from him!

Somehow I like his "sound" better than GVP's...

Agree with u,
i feel Dharan better than GVP. 8-)

littlemaster1982
25th August 2007, 04:04 AM
Though 'Mayaavi Neeya' is good, I like 'Neruppum' and 'O Nenje' more. The songs are getting better with each listening.

dinesh2002
25th August 2007, 09:30 AM
Though 'Mayaavi Neeya' is good, I like 'Neruppum' and 'O Nenje' more. The songs are getting better with each listening.

i agree with lil-master....

when 1st time i listened, i didint liked any... but now.... i like this guy Dharan, when i listened Oh Nenje, felt like listenin to 1 of Malaysian album song... haha...very nice....

littlemaster1982
25th August 2007, 08:56 PM
Dinesh,

The rap bit in Oh Nenje is by one of the singers from Yogi 'B' Natchathira (hope I got it right) but the lyrics is different. And the rap bit fis the song very well :D

dinesh2002
25th August 2007, 08:58 PM
Dinesh,

The rap bit in Oh Nenje is by one of the singers from Yogi 'B' Natchathira (hope I got it right) but the lyrics is different. And the rap bit fis the song very well :D

ohh yea...Dr.Burn.... he is a malaysian artist... :D true.... brilliantly mixed malaysian style of song with dharan's style... :clap:

Maayavi neeye 's gal's humming is simply beautiful...!!! :thumbsup:

dinesh2002
27th August 2007, 08:00 PM
i take back my words... this album is awesome!!!!!!!! superb!! top class..... Oh Nenje is simply beautiful...... Neruppe is a foot tapping....

wow....Dharan is awefully promising.... WOW.... im impressed!!! very diff & classy songs :shock:

littlemaster1982
27th August 2007, 08:03 PM
Dinesh,

True. The female vocals in Oh Nenje (especially 2nd charanam) is superb. I'm listening to this song in loop :musicsmile:

dinesh2002
27th August 2007, 08:06 PM
Dinesh,

True. The female vocals in Oh Nenje (especially 2nd charanam) is superb. I'm listening to this song in loop :musicsmile:

yes man...the female vocals in Oh Nenje.... goodness...just too good....

same here...listenin to Sivi songs in loops....for 2 hours already.... :D the best album since Sivaji..... :clap:

Vaz
27th August 2007, 09:13 PM
I didn't like the Rap bit at first... but now I'm just liking it more and more... It is the first time that I have listened to a Rap song with the lyrics completly in Tamizh... and decent Tamizh at that... just great!

Dharan said that initially the director did not want any songs for this movie but hopefully for us he has succeeded in convincing him to add some...

Me too, hooked to those songs... have listened to them in loop while travelling in the TGV for over two hours... just couldn't stop!

I'm sure this guy is going to rock TFM! To what extent... that is the question...

Sanjeevi
29th August 2007, 03:58 PM
It is Enjoyable

http://www.thuligal.com/index.php/sivi-music-review

A.ANAND
30th August 2007, 03:03 PM
Somehow I feel Dharan mixing ARR and HJ styles-sanjeevi
arr sari!!hj-ikku ennga sir irukku style??? :lol:

dinesh2002
30th August 2007, 10:24 PM
when is the movie releasing?

july
2nd September 2007, 06:59 AM
No idea about movie release date...
btw Dr.Burn will be in Oh Nenje song clip.
:D

and yeah true Sivi is wonderful, sivi is top album for me..even bheema not much interested.

dinesh2002
2nd September 2007, 07:13 AM

and yeah true Sivi is wonderful, sivi is top album for me..even bheema not much interested.

oh cool :D... i think Dr.Burn is gonna be awefully popular with this album in India.... :D... im glad a talent from Malaysia finaly is making it big in India after Malaysia Vasudevan :D

july
2nd September 2007, 04:12 PM

oh cool :D... i think Dr.Burn is gonna be awefully popular with this album in India.... :D... im glad a talent from Malaysia finaly is making it big in India after Malaysia Vasudevan :D

Thats true bro :) :) :)

MADDY
4th September 2007, 06:30 PM
Oh nenje - is superb :clap: ........i see some spark in Dharan...is he the "next big thing"?? :wink:

MADDY
9th September 2007, 08:11 AM
oh nenje - is running on a loop in my PC - :bluejump: - Dharan's the best thing happened to TFM since Harris in 2001 :bluejump:

amazing innovation in instruments - they were all new style......:thumbsup: ...........and the malaysian rapper - OMG - pure tamil rap :thumbsup:

Sanjeevi
9th September 2007, 08:55 AM
I tried to follow the tamil rap, it was hard

BTW based on previous 2 posts

MADDY, kelviyum neeyae pathilum neeyae :lol:

littlemaster1982
9th September 2007, 08:56 AM
The female singer of "Oh Nenje" sounded very familiar and her voice has the traces of Sujatha.

Later I found out, it is Shweta, daughter of singer Sujatha :D

madhu
9th September 2007, 09:07 AM
The female singer of "Oh Nenje" sounded very familiar and her voice has the traces of Sujatha.

Is it the same Shweta who sings "vizhiyil" in kreedam ?

littlemaster1982
9th September 2007, 09:18 AM
I think so. There is no other singer named Shweta in TFM. She is singing in quite a handful of films nowadays :D

dinesh2002
9th September 2007, 01:58 PM

Is it the same Shweta who sings "vizhiyil" in kreedam ?

yess..... 8-)

A.ANAND
9th September 2007, 02:59 PM
oh nenje - is running on a loop in my PC - :bluejump: - Dharan's the best thing happened to TFM since Harris in 2001 :bluejump:

amazing innovation in instruments - they were all new style......:thumbsup: ...........and the malaysian rapper - OMG - pure tamil rap :thumbsup:
:lol: :lol: :lol2:

krishh17
10th September 2007, 11:01 AM
Dharan rocked on both songs O nenje and Mayavi Neeya...esp the remix version with rap by Dr.Burn... all songs r jus :cool2: ...plz check out my detailed honest review @

http://sirishminapalli.blogspot.com/2007/09/sivi-music-review.html

A.ANAND
10th September 2007, 11:42 AM
Dharan rocked on both songs O nenje and Mayavi Neeya...esp the remix version with rap by Dr.Burn... all songs r jus :cool2: ...plz check out my detailed honest review @

http://sirishminapalli.blogspot.com/2007/09/sivi-music-review.html :2thumbsup: :cool2:

ajaybaskar
10th September 2007, 12:09 PM
Maddy, Harrisa vachu comedy keemedy pannalayae?

A.ANAND
10th September 2007, 02:29 PM
ennakum appadithan thonuthu :lol: :lol:

selvakumar
10th September 2007, 02:53 PM
ennakum appadithan thonuthu :lol: :lol:
Avar Harrish ah comedy panna maari therla. Dharan ah comedy pannuna maari theriyuthu :confused2:

selvakumar
10th September 2007, 02:55 PM

Dharan...you rocked in this one..I sincerely hope this album becomes a huge success irrespective of the movie. I never thought harris or yuvan or for that matter the new kid GV Prakash were a worthy successor to ARR. Infact i don't think there can ever be one. But somehow this guy has some uniqueness to his music, which if exploited can take him to higher levels than the other wannabes. Must buy or download ;)

btw, let us wait for *Few more albums* before concluding this :wink:

A.ANAND
10th September 2007, 08:15 PM
NEXT ALBUM-LA THERIPOYIDUM DHARAN THAMBI-YODA 'NEXT BIG THING','NEXT A.R.RAHMAN' :lol: :lol2:

krishh17
11th September 2007, 06:13 AM
Yeah...thats true...next album le therinji poyidum how consistant he is...but i just wish he gets good directors to work with...rahman has Mani, Shankar, and mmm sj surya :wink: (musically he gets the best outta ARR, although he spoils it by acting himself) ...yuvan has selva..harris has gautam..

Dharan...you rocked in this one..I sincerely hope this album becomes a huge success irrespective of the movie. I never thought harris or yuvan or for that matter the new kid GV Prakash were a worthy successor to ARR. Infact i don't think there can ever be one. But somehow this guy has some uniqueness to his music, which if exploited can take him to higher levels than the other wannabes. Must buy or download ;)

btw, let us wait for *Few more albums* before concluding this :wink:

littlemaster1982
11th September 2007, 09:40 AM
NEXT ALBUM-LA THERIPOYIDUM DHARAN THAMBI-YODA 'NEXT BIG THING','NEXT A.R.RAHMAN' :lol: :lol2:

Anand bro,

Yen ippadi Dharan-ai target panringa. Chinna paiyanai vittudunga :D

A.ANAND
11th September 2007, 05:33 PM

Anand bro,

Yen ippadi Dharan-ai target panringa. Chinna paiyanai vittudunga :Dayyo!!!naan avarai target pannala sir!!avaru nalla varanum innu valthuvom :clap: but sivi songs totally like malaysian hip pop style songs.engalukku kettu salichi pochi,unngalukku fresh-a irukkalam,avlothan!

richard_vijay
11th September 2007, 07:39 PM
Saw the theatrrical trailor of Sivi at Indiaglitz.com and to my surprise it's a Thailand movie called The Shutter (a movie which really scares you). You may perform a search with 'the shutter' keyword in google to find out more information about this movie.

I hope the same quality will be maintained in the tamil version too. The songs, undoubtedly remarkable in Sivi.

Story at a glance...
A girl (ghost) appears in all of the photographs snapped by the hero as he's indirectly involved in the commit suicide of the girl. Superb narrative!

Anyone in the group already watch The Shutter?

inetk
12th September 2007, 06:29 AM
I've seen Shutter. Very good, moody thriller. The girl is actually gang raped and our hero, to whom she has a liking, doesnt help her. In fact he even takes part in the act, which is revealed by him later. But a very tight thriller...should look interesting in an Indian version if handled well!

selvakumar
12th September 2007, 09:20 AM
I've seen Shutter. Very good, moody thriller. The girl is actually gang raped and our hero, to whom she has a liking, doesnt help her. In fact he even takes part in the act, which is revealed by him later. But a very tight thriller...should look interesting in an Indian version if handled well!
:rotfl:
I think this tim I will see "N" participating in this in silver screen. N would be obviously > 10 and this film will be a hit :thumbsup:

vijayr
12th September 2007, 09:23 AM
inetk, have you heard of "spoilers"?

inetk
12th September 2007, 10:24 AM
vijayr: Sorry...shouldn't have done that!

karthik_sa2
12th September 2007, 12:12 PM
maayavi is really amzing. my pick of the album..

karthik_sa2
12th September 2007, 12:19 PM
the violin bit in mayaavi is mesmerising to the core...

karthik_sa2
12th September 2007, 12:27 PM
i feel naeruppum has thee pidika baets and rickymartin or enrique or some spanish song resemblance but still the mix is truly enjoyable

richard_vijay
12th September 2007, 06:18 PM
Exactly Inetk. That's the story of The Shutter. Well, I guess its time to stop discussing about the storyline as it won't give exciting impact to viewers.

I'm strongly believe that Dharan's bgm will boost the movie's performance.

littlemaster1982
21st September 2007, 01:03 PM
Looks like the movie is a worth a watch. Will watch it for sure :D

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/review.php?id=14530968&ctid=5&cid=2429

vigneshram
26th September 2007, 09:14 AM
Hi people, don't have very high hopes on the movie and picturisation of songs. Check out my review at
http://vigneshram.blogspot.com/2007/09/sivi-movie-review.html

sureshmehcnit
26th September 2007, 03:03 PM
finally i got the 'Sivi' Cd..... here is my opinion

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2007/09/sivi-soundtrack.html

music man
3rd October 2007, 10:18 PM
Hi friends!!!
I read the review of SIVI in both Thinakaran and The Hindu....The first thing that struck me was the movie SHUTTER...I thought of writing this in tfmpage but people had mentioned it already...
I still have tat movie SHUTTER in my PC...A brilliant movie...I dunno why time and again our directors rip off other international movies(this time a Thai movie) :cry:
But let me keep my comments reserved as I had not watched SIVI...My comments are all based on movie reviews...
Friends!! try to watch SHUTTER....Its a really scary classic... :o

thumburu
4th October 2007, 04:49 PM
There is a heavy YSR hang over in songs like "mayaavi neeye", "oh nenje", the same kinda pop that YSR dishes out . The whole album sounds like a long rap and hip hop chain. Only the last theme music suits the mood of the story . Anyways a youthful album by the debutant MD Dharan