PDA

View Full Version : How to make cakes without oven

Mrs.Lakshmi
6th August 2007, 02:19 PM
Hi :D !

i am interested to make milk cake(plain cake) at home.but i don't know how to make it without oven.pls send me the recipe.

thanks & regards

pavalamani pragasam
6th August 2007, 03:18 PM
Ingredients:
maida- 1 tumbler
sugar-1/2 tumbler
eggs-2
baking powder-1 tsp
butter- 2 tbs
essence(any favourite)-a few drops

Seive maida & baking powder together thrice. Mix butter & sugar. Add eggs & mix thoroughly. Then add maida. Add essence. Pour the batter on a buttered container/bowl like prestige cooker container. Fill an iron idli kadai with sand to half its capacity. Put it on the stove & when it is heated put the cake batter on the sand & close it with idli kadai cover/lid. The super, sponge cake should be ready in around 12 minutes. If you want the bottom well browned, keep it for 15 minutes.

Mrs.Lakshmi
6th August 2007, 04:23 PM
thanks for ur recipe.

Mrs.Lakshmi
6th August 2007, 04:24 PM
thanks for ur recipe.

i will try it and tell u.

pavalamani pragasam
6th August 2007, 04:26 PM
Please do.

vishalakshi
13th February 2008, 12:11 PM
Can I use a pressure cooker(without using the nozzle blocker) instead of idly kadai ?

pavalamani pragasam
13th February 2008, 01:32 PM
You can. But the problem is due to the excessive heat involved in baking on sand there is the danger of the bakelight handle getting melted & broken if used repeatedly! Better take any other broad, thick vessel instead with a proper lid.

vishalakshi
13th February 2008, 01:45 PM
Hey thanks !

NM
14th February 2008, 07:56 AM
I used to make steamed layered cake that tasted yummy! Will look for the recipes if anyone is interested

pavalamani pragasam
14th February 2008, 08:18 AM
Why not? :slurp: