PDA

View Full Version : SO CRUEL

padmanabha
28th August 2007, 12:59 PM
So cruel

Today a Malayalam news channel showed the visuals of how a teenager has been manhandled by the public for stealing a chain. You cannot be so cruel to anybody. Later the boy was tied to the motor bike of a police officer and was dragged away. :cry2:
The channel has been showing this repeatedly for the n th time. :curse:
Mercy and humanity are effaced from the soil.
I admit that stealing is wrong.
Who are we to punish-that too like this? Does it solve the problem in anyway?
Misappropriations of funds, evasions and so many similar incidents are happening here day by day. Greasing the palm is the order of the day. Dowry deaths and child abuse are on the rise. We could not do anything. :angry2:
A police officer would fine an auto driver for not wearing uniform. He would leave high placed/popular ones/politicians Scot-free even if he does anything serious. We have so many tainted rulers. We still elect them! Also we continue misbehave to the hapless.
Very bad and what a shame!

crazy
28th August 2007, 10:24 PM
sad :(

app_engine
28th August 2007, 11:14 PM
Padmanabha,

All the three things are bad:

- Stealing
- Punishing beyond the right degree
- Telecasting this repeatedly, thus making people numb to violence / crime

That you chose to discuss this issue is the only thing good about it. I wish the participants don't simply keep condemning, pulambifying...and trying to lament over every ill in the society...it won't serve any purpose except contributing to increase the stress, distress and frustration (which is already at high levels for most people as this very incident shows)...

Hence, IMO, it would be good to discuss on the following:
1. What specific factors contribute to the high levels of frustration in the society today (no beating around the bush...but specifics)
2. Are there viable long-term solutions / temporary workarounds to these factors? If so, what are they?
3. Then, who is in a position to implement them or at least do something about them?
4. Are there some here (who are reading this thread) in that position at some level or other? What actions are they going to take (or encouraged to take)?

Sanjeevi
28th August 2007, 11:41 PM
brutal and very bad to human rights

http://www.ibnlive.com/news/bhagalpur-on-the-edge-cops-fire-on-irate-mob/47623-3.html

bingleguy
29th August 2007, 12:44 AM
So cruel

Today a Malayalam news channel showed the visuals of how a teenager has been manhandled by the public for stealing a chain. You cannot be so cruel to anybody. Later the boy was tied to the motor bike of a police officer and was dragged away. :cry2:
The channel has been showing this repeatedly for the n th time. :curse:
Mercy and humanity are effaced from the soil.
I admit that stealing is wrong.
Who are we to punish-that too like this? Does it solve the problem in anyway?
Misappropriations of funds, evasions and so many similar incidents are happening here day by day. Greasing the palm is the order of the day. Dowry deaths and child abuse are on the rise. We could not do anything. :angry2:
A police officer would fine an auto driver for not wearing uniform. He would leave high placed/popular ones/politicians Scot-free even if he does anything serious. We have so many tainted rulers. We still elect them! Also we continue misbehave to the hapless.
Very bad and what a shame!

indha kandraavi ellam dhaan thiruppi thiruppi pottu kaamippaanga :rant: oru nalla samachaarathai arai second la thookduvaanga :evil:

padmanabha
29th August 2007, 06:39 AM
t v programs do need censoring. a guide line should be drawn and followed. then the "competition for who brings the most sensational visuals" can be checked. Also most channels telecast crime files. the time of telecast is 10 pm which i think is not "late night" and the funniest part is they telecast its trial -yes- with the sensational visuals-many times during the day. it may sound foolish-but i personally feel that a weekly holiday for tv channels is a must.

padmanabha
29th August 2007, 07:02 AM
Addendum
One more thing-see how are the tv channels going to use these visuals. They conduct talks/discussions/debates-with these visuals in the background. Then they use these clippings for follow up stories until something hot and more sensational happens. This will become “once upon a time it happened in Bihar----“
Now I would like to share one more incident. It happened 15 years back. There were no pvt tv channels. A senior lady journalist came to Thiruvananthapuram from delhi. Her programs in DDK delhi were popular. I accompanied her to a tribal belt as an interpreter. (I thought it could be an experience for a cub journalist). I was shocked to hear whe the sr journalist asked me to make the tribals cry for taking good visuals. They showed restraint-when they talked about child abuse and the miseries of unwed mothers. However, that was not enough for our dillil dhidhi. That was a revelation for me. Then I stopped watching her programs.

app_engine
29th August 2007, 08:28 AM
Padmanabha,
Can't understand your objective in starting this thread now...did you (or anyone who visited this thread) even bothered to look at my post...let alone reply...

If TV repeatedly showing the episode is "so cruel", adhaippaththi vetti arattai adikkaRavangaLum cruel thAnE? sAru enthu paRayunnu?

padmanabha
29th August 2007, 12:06 PM
another sensational clippings
Another incident. It happened in Calicut Kerala. A group of men for allegedly roughed up a nine years old pupil of Yathem Khaana-for stealing rs 10!

njan chothikkunnathu enthennal, adikkunnavar adikkattae namukku ethellaam kandu (sadist aanengil onnu sukhichu) marannu kalayano? Naam kannadakkunnathu kondu sathaym, sathyam allathakunnilla. pakshe repeated aayi tvyil kaanichu sensational aakkunnathilaanu prathishedam. "Crooramaya drusyangal njangal kaanikkunnilla" ennu paranju maathruka kaanikkan oru maadhyamavum thayaralla.

maari varunna maadhyama samskaram ethokkeyyanu!
ethu journalisamo, jeernalisamo?

chevy
29th August 2007, 03:14 PM
yup .. i saw the video.. wasss terrible.. i think a chain is worth forgoing rather than taking the sin of the torture giving to the person... I am empathatic towards the culprit... who wud steal a chain for nothing.. unless it be vain or greed... he looked troubled and needy.... Okay i am not justifyin theft as right, but the sin the people gave him will surely punish and ruin their lives... the people who beat him ..the fatass who rode the bike and dragged the theif.. i tell u.. that it is worse... they ll be damned ... or else god ain't doin justice..

Lambretta
30th August 2007, 10:40 PM
I saw a pic. of tat incident too......public caught tat guy & made such a big 'heroic' act for stealing a woman's chain! So many women get molested & r***d even in broad daylight & how many culprits doing tat r caught red-handed??! :roll:

padmanabha
13th September 2007, 07:49 PM
Today 10 people were beaten to death in Bihar. :notthatway:

crazy
13th September 2007, 08:03 PM
eeshwara,

whats happening here ?! http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6992446.stm

Roshan
13th September 2007, 10:00 PM
Today 10 people were beaten to death in Bihar. :notthatway:

Reason ??? :roll: :roll:

Roshan
13th September 2007, 10:02 PM
Oh! Thanks crazy for the link. I thought earlier thought it was about something else.

crazy
13th September 2007, 10:02 PM
roshan akka
see the link in my previous post :)

villagers suspected those for thieves :(

padmanabha
13th September 2007, 10:17 PM
THEFT. ONE IS SERIOUSLY INJURED

Nerd
13th September 2007, 10:58 PM
Another cruel incident :(
http://www.ibnlive.com/videos/48587/no-passerby-helps-as-kolkata-motorist-bleeds-to-death.html

crazy
13th September 2007, 11:14 PM
:banghead:

padmanabha
14th September 2007, 09:15 AM
this is the fifth incident in Bihar in the last one month.
what a shame.
if the punishment for theft is lynching, what punishment should one give for those who executed this gruesome act?

whenever this incident is reported all tv channels showed the visuals of the earlier incident- :curse:

padmanabha
8th October 2007, 07:06 PM
AT EDAPPAL, A PREGNAT GYPSY WAS MANHANDLED BY THE PUBLIC FOR ALLEGED THEFT. THE HUMAN RIGHTS COMMISSION HAS FILED A CASE AGAINST FIVE PEOPLE,

THE MALAYALAM TV CHANNELS SHOWED THE VISUALS ADNAUSEM. ALSO, THEY DIDN'T FAIL TO SHOW THE CLIPPINGS OF EARLIER INCIDENTS AT BIHAR