PDA

View Full Version : YSR's New Albums

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Scale
25th May 2005, 01:35 PM
Guys enough of Ir and ARR.
The topic is on YSR. lets talk about his music.

ALL THE BEST TO YSR.

MADDY
25th May 2005, 02:52 PM
Thnx Kumanan....i've been searching for this song for 2 yrs.....i always used to search it with Unnale as the title......i never used to get it...i did not want to buy the CD for this 1 song......gr8888, gee thnx...... :thumbsup:........

rajasaranam
25th May 2005, 03:46 PM
DOES IR FANS LEARN FROM IR OR IR LEARNT FROM IR FANS. TRUE FOLLOWERS. nalla vela arasiyalla nikkalai...

I loved that comment :lol: :oops:

rajasaranam
25th May 2005, 03:52 PM
Is TIS a stage version or a movie for IR to compose three years ?????

LOTR composition got over and its getting released next year only. similarly TIS composition also got over and due to unfathomable reasons the release is getting delayed. we expect it by june atleast :?

BTW
LOTR intro music sounds great :thumbsup:
Cant say whether its by Varttina or ARR :?
Neway ARR associated with that musical itself is great :D
http://lotr.dynalias.com/main.html

Scale
26th May 2005, 11:18 AM
Is TIS a stage version or a movie for IR to compose three years ?????

LOTR composition got over and its getting released next year only. similarly TIS composition also got over and due to unfathomable reasons the release is getting delayed. we expect it by june atleast :?

BTW
LOTR intro music sounds great :thumbsup:
Cant say whether its by Varttina or ARR :?
Neway ARR associated with that musical itself is great :D
http://lotr.dynalias.com/main.html

EARLIER TOO when ARR was associated in VANEESA MAE 's CHOREOGRAPHY (1,8,10) COMMENTS WERE SIMILAR. BUT VM CREDITED ARR'S RAAGA DANCE (8) AS ONE OF THE BEST TRACK THAT SHE HAS PLAYED in the album though there were other great (Oscar/Irish) composers too.

http://www.vanessa-mae.nu/choreography.htm
http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Choreography_-_Vanessa_Mae-62694-1.html

WAIT FOR VATTRINA'S COMMENT & ITS MERRIMENT.

NagaS
27th May 2005, 11:33 AM
YSR's new movie : SaNdak kozhi (Dir : lingusamy, Vasanam : "ThuNaiyezuthtu pugazh OR 'Baba" Pugazh ;) S. Ramakrishnan)

http://www.dinakaran.com/weekly/tamil/velli/2005/May/27/hen.html

inetk
27th May 2005, 10:28 PM
I do not usually consider YSR musically as good as even his brother Karthikraja. Just think he's commercially smart in his compositions. But 'Arindhum Ariyaamalum' completely proved me wrong. Songs are a very good balance between catchiness and some genuinely interesting music. I do however, dread the day, when some one comes out with a original for 'Konjam Konjam' and 'En Kannodu'. In my limited experience of listening to world music, I believe both these tracks are sure shot lifts. But as I always say, innocent until proven guilty. Plus, I really enjoy these songs, besides the others!

Karthik
www.itwofs.com

Sanjeevi
3rd June 2005, 12:00 AM
YSR's Oru Kalloriyin Kathai is finishing.

Audio will be launched soon

Source : Kumudam

Sanjeevi
3rd June 2005, 08:04 PM
I read a news about vallavan.

Simbu replaces his camera man for vallavan for placing YSR name in posters after Simbu's name. Is it true?

k_vanan
8th June 2005, 05:32 PM
Thotti Jaya music by YSR- refer to tamil.cinesouth.com and my friend saw the video clip aired in malaysian TV, the songs is fantastic.

NagaS
10th June 2005, 12:34 PM
YSR's list of movies + new salary ;)

http://www.dinakaran.com/weekly/tamil/velli/2005/Jun/10/chips.html

NagaS

NagaS
10th June 2005, 12:34 PM
Thotti Jaya music by YSR- refer to tamil.cinesouth.com and my friend saw the video clip aired in malaysian TV, the songs is fantastic.

No yaar ... I saw the trailer in Sun TV, it has music by Harris Jayaraj !

NagaS

Sanjeevi
26th June 2005, 10:19 PM
Can anybody tell the entire list of YSR films from Aravindhan to latest?

NagaS
12th July 2005, 07:00 PM
According to this week's Junior Vikatan, Kamal has sung a song for Dhanush (MD : Yuvan) in movie "Pudhup paettaei"

NagaS

Shankar
13th July 2005, 10:40 AM
May be a rumour...I heard Simbu is singing for dhanush :-)...It was in kungumam/kumudam

Sanjeevi
13th July 2005, 11:20 PM
India Today Current Issue

"YSR is getting the place of top music director of Tamil Film Industry".

And also nice interview of YSR.

interz
14th July 2005, 06:37 PM
yuvan shankarraja was also appointed for ponniyin selvan, but i dont know he didnt compose the songs for that movie. lets see if he completes 15 movies or the md will be changed in some of the films.

NagaS
20th July 2005, 01:15 PM
In this week's Junior Vikatan, Kamal has mentioned about a new movie with Selvaraghavan as Director ... May be the "Pudhuppettai" connection (where kamal has sung a song for Dhanush)

Ofcourse, he is not mentioning anything abt YSR, but he may be the MD I guess if this project becomes a reality ...

It will be interesting to see what Selvaraghavan can do with Kamal :)

NagaS

alias
20th July 2005, 11:01 PM
Last night, I listened to the newly released 7GRC instrumental and I am really bowled over. I could not enjoy it on screen since I watched on Thiruthu VCD (which I repent now :-)) and he has done excellent work. Particularly the last track... simply amazing. Though some looks like Bryan Adam modified tracks, but overall it is really good. After WOHEA (from ARR) and Black (from Monty) this is one of the good instrumentals. I recently heard Sarkar and I am not amazed.

Shankar
21st July 2005, 09:43 AM
alias,
Is the Black OST worth the money ? Since i didn't watch the movie, I had no idea about the score, so didn't buy it.

alias
22nd July 2005, 03:07 AM
Shankar, It is a good soundtrack. Probably one of the best in recent times. Monty really deserves a pat. It is really soothing.

NagaS
22nd July 2005, 01:36 PM
Yuvan with the set of new singers he is introducing in movie 'Viyugam' ... there is an article in this week's vikatan about this :

http://www.vikatan.com/av/2005/jul/31072005/p42.jpg

NagaS

interz
24th July 2005, 03:56 PM
maapillaikku nalla nerameda...

Sanjeevi
24th July 2005, 10:52 PM
Oru Kalloriyin Kathai

is releasing tomorrow...

It will be another super hit?

MADDY
24th July 2005, 11:56 PM
chancea illa....Ah Aah is there....no other album can beat Ah Aah...... :D :D

no just kiddin//// i think this time it is a interesting 3 way fight betn ARR,YSR and HJ.......it is like Agassi v/s Federer v/s Roddick........Agassi win pannitaruna Federer,roddick shuld hang themselves in shame........

coucou
25th July 2005, 01:18 AM
chancea illa....Ah Aah is there....no other album can beat Ah Aah...... :D :D

no just kiddin//// i think this time it is a interesting 3 way fight betn ARR,YSR and HJ.......it is like Agassi v/s Federer v/s Roddick........Agassi win pannitaruna Federer,roddick shuld hang themselves in shame........

i totally agree with you :D . it's intersting to listen songs of different md.

NagaS
25th July 2005, 10:02 AM
I think YSR is giving continous hits thesedays (Manmadhan, 7G, Ram, aRinthum aRiyaamalum) ... So by law of averages, either das or kallooriyin kathai should fail ;)

hehehehehe !

NagaS

Sanjeevi
25th July 2005, 12:00 PM
I think YSR is giving continous hits thesedays (Manmadhan, 7G, Ram, aRinthum aRiyaamalum) ... So by law of averages, either das or kallooriyin kathai should fail ;)

hehehehehe !

NagaS

Das is already failed.

So Oru kalloriyin kathai should be a hit?

NagaS
25th July 2005, 12:08 PM
Das is already failed.

Nope - I think we need to wait till the movie comes - I liked the trailer - may become a hit after the movie releases !

Anyway, lets see how is this kallooriyin kathai - supposed to be a soft story, Hope the music supports it !

NagaS

Sanjeevi
25th July 2005, 12:42 PM
NagaS,

I agreed. But Das songs looks like M.Kumaran S/O Mahalakshmi songs. So If the film will be a hit songs will be a successful one. But now, I don't like much das songs.

NagaS
25th July 2005, 01:28 PM
Das was not very great, But comparing it with M. Kumaran is something I won't agree ... Das had atleast two very good numbers 'Saamikitta' and 'Shahiba', "Sakkappodu" and "nee en vizhiyil" were also listenable and "vaa vaa" (ditto of his father's song "adiyae") is a sure Hit !

NagaS

MrJudge
25th July 2005, 03:31 PM
NagaS:

I just bought the album and it simply rocks! Yuvan is the future. Your average formula did not work this time buddy :)

Will post a review at mouthshut soon.

Nattamai

Sanjeevi
25th July 2005, 03:59 PM
It is nice, ARR vs YSR vs HJ at the same time.

MrJudge
25th July 2005, 04:01 PM
Listened to TJ once and haven't listened to A..Ah yet, but my gut feeling tells me that YSR will win the race this time...

OKK is another sure hit album from Yuvan!

Sanjeevi
25th July 2005, 04:05 PM
I want reviews for OKK

MrJudge
25th July 2005, 04:05 PM
The album has 8 songs, 3 fast-paced ones and the rest are melodies.

Here is the songs list:

1. Kangal Kalangida - Karthik
2. Kadhal Yenbathu - Harishragavenddra & Chinmaye
3. Geetha Mala - Devan, Ranjith, Sundarrajan & Chorus
4. Vunakku Yendru Oruthi - Unnimenon & Chorus
5. Kangal Kandadhu - Ranjith, Ganga
6. Dhalappa Kattuda - Sriram & Chorus
7. Pangu Podu - KK & Ranjith
8. Kangal Kandadhu - KK & Sujatha

All songs are penned by Na.Muthukumar. Yuvan and Muthukumar combo has done a very good job as usual.

Cinefan
25th July 2005, 05:15 PM
Welcome back Nattamai,Good to see you again. :D

coucou
25th July 2005, 09:36 PM
read this
http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/livewire.asp?n=yuvan23.txt

njv
25th July 2005, 10:46 PM
Mr Judge

You r right. YSR is the future. Yesterday I was listening to Arindhum Ariyamalum and the music is very good. Orchestrization is amazing. Usage of instruments are brilliant. I am sure he lifted songs from so many western albums, but thats how everybody started, so I will give YSR a notch.

I didnt listen to OKK, but from what you are saying, it seems to be a must buy!

alias
25th July 2005, 11:52 PM
Yes I think T=Yuvan is a better choice than HJ. His orchestra is very nice and I really liked AA compared to Anniyan. But OKK will be no where near Aa Aaha... When you have Bangaram (Gold) why opt for Silver :-)

coucou
26th July 2005, 12:04 AM
Yes I think T=Yuvan is a better choice than HJ. His orchestra is very nice and I really liked AA compared to Anniyan. But OKK will be no where near Aa Aaha... When you have Bangaram (Gold) why opt for Silver :-)

even ilayaras's songs were beaten by arr roja :shock: . who would thing the new comer beat a legend? SO everything is possible. you don't say that a ah is better than okk before listenning these songs :P

alias
26th July 2005, 12:26 AM
cocou, I dont have to listen.. you go on certain instinct. If you tell me Jodha Akbar (next Ashutosh Gowrikar movie) cannot beat Mughal E azam, i would accept it right then because the best cannot be beaten... So it is same way.. Aa Aaha being an excellent album cannot be beaten by ordinary OKK. Yes it can beat TJ for sure... for that matter Englishkaran by Deva will beat TJ.

And the reason Roja beat IR song was that a unique music which took the nation by storm... If any other averge album would have released at that time, I dont think it would come closer to IR... A unique sound was only reason to overthow IR overnight.

MrJudge
26th July 2005, 09:23 AM
Here is the review from layman's point of view:

http://nattamai.blogspot.com/2005/07/oru-kalluriyin-kadhai-by-yuvan.html

MrJudge
26th July 2005, 09:30 AM
cocou, I dont have to listen.. you go on certain instinct. If you tell me Jodha Akbar (next Ashutosh Gowrikar movie) cannot beat Mughal E azam, i would accept it right then because the best cannot be beaten... So it is same way.. Aa Aaha being an excellent album cannot be beaten by ordinary OKK. Yes it can beat TJ for sure... for that matter Englishkaran by Deva will beat TJ.

You and I will be here right, just watch who beats who. OKK, both album and the movie, will beat AAh left, right, center, back, up and down. :)

MrJudge
26th July 2005, 11:12 AM
Kadhal Yenbathu - Harishragavenddra & Chinmaye is the song of the year, I guess. Have been listening to it continuously. anybody listened to the album?

MrJudge
26th July 2005, 12:20 PM
I think Kathal yenbathu is Yuvan's answer to IR's 'kathal oviyam' from Alaigal oivathillai. Yuvan has tried to travel the same path. IR's Kathal oviyam is a classic even after so many years, and I know that song is based on some raga and technically superior. Achieving atleast 30-50% of it is something really good. Yuvan has succeeded here.

MrJudge
26th July 2005, 12:23 PM
Welcome back Nattamai,Good to see you again. :D

Cinefan,

It is good to see you too here. I am happy to you see as a senior hubber now. :)

12bums
26th July 2005, 01:52 PM
I dont know which is the better album of the 3. But on the first hearing, the one that has caught my imagination is OKK. Very catchy and immediately enjoyable. OKK has my vote.

coucou
26th July 2005, 02:17 PM
i think this album is not manmathan, dass, AA
i like ysr since releasing of manmathan but i was disapointted by this album. this is my reaction in first listenning. my vote go to ah aah of course.

MrJudge
26th July 2005, 02:24 PM
12bums:

what is your reaction to Kathal yenbathu?

coucou:

IMO, this is better than Manmathan, AA and way better than Dass. Just this one song is enough to outperform them. I liked the songs even from the first hearing. Repeated listenings will make you like even more I think.

balaji
26th July 2005, 05:29 PM
YSR rising in Telugu too?

http://www.telugucinema.com/c/movies/yuvanshankarraja.php

Bala

alias
26th July 2005, 08:04 PM
MrJudge, Just wondering how much u got paid to promote album like OKK.. matching AO of IR song :-). Wow what an imagination. Post as many post u like but at end, it will ARR all the way.....

Scale
26th July 2005, 08:10 PM
MrJudge, Just wondering how much u got paid to promote album like OKK.. matching AO of IR song :-). Wow what an imagination. Post as many post u like but at end, it will ARR all the way.....

One more guy to add to this list <Music4ever> , HJ album TJ. Atleast Current topics is tolerable, If you enter IR's thread when a new album is released, Boys padathula varamathiri, panta thookikittu thaan nadakkanum. Aananda kaneer .......
(Over excited & tears of joy, U need to fold yr pants till yr knee while passing IR threads).

alias
26th July 2005, 08:15 PM
Sorry Scale... I did not get your words... Are you telling me not to enter when new IR album is released or to music4ever?

Scale
26th July 2005, 08:22 PM
Sorry Scale... I did not get your words... Are you telling me not to enter when new IR album is released or to music4ever?

Now u understood what I meant after checking New albums of HJ thread Music4ever (author) posts.

MrJudge
26th July 2005, 08:32 PM

Please listen to this album first and tell me man. As I already told you, just wait and watch, this project (OKK) will be the winner! I think TJ the movie will do good at the BO. And at BO, A..Ah will be a loser.

If you enter IR's thread when a new album is released, Boys padathula varamathiri, panta thookikittu thaan nadakkanum. Aananda kaneer .......
(Over excited & tears of joy, U need to fold yr pants till yr knee while passing IR threads).

:lol: I won't go to that aananda kaneer level. But seriously IR's songs have emotional thing attached, you will never experience it. If you do, you will be IR fan for sure.

alias
26th July 2005, 09:05 PM
Yes I did scale... And Mr Judge, dont u think it is too early to judge about Box office and to ur info, Aa Aaha is red hot compared to OKK in the trade. Check out indiaglitz and cinesouth for the previews and u will know what I am talking about.

MrJudge
26th July 2005, 09:16 PM
For those who haven't heard the songs, preview them at:

http://www.oosai.com/tamilsongs/oru_kalluriyin_kathai_songs.cfm

12bums
26th July 2005, 10:54 PM
I agree with alias. AA is red hot and Surya knows how to package a movie. And he also seems to know what the audience wants. As far as TJ is concerned, AR Murugados is a good director.So you can expect a good movie. Only OKK is the unknown quantity here and also I heard its kinda heroine oriented.. Hope hopefully Nanda Periyasamy is the hot new thing on the block.

MrJudge, I would not go so far as to compare Kadhal enbathu with kadhal oviyam. Actually, I feel a far closer comparison is YSR's own 'O Nenje' from April Madathil. I loved the Unnikrishnan bit song though.

MrJudge
26th July 2005, 11:01 PM
I agree with alias. AA is red hot and Surya knows how to package a movie. And he also seems to know what the audience wants. As far as TJ is concerned, AR Murugados is a good director.So you can expect a good movie. Only OKK is the unknown quantity here and also I heard its kinda heroine oriented.. Hope hopefully Nanda Periyasamy is the hot new thing on the block.

MrJudge, I would not go so far as to compare Kadhal enbathu with kadhal oviyam. Actually, I feel a far closer comparison is YSR's own 'O Nenje' from April Madathil. I loved the Unnikrishnan bit song though.

TJ is not by Murugadoss, it is by Durai (Mugavari director). My guess is it will do better business than AA. I was hesitant about OKK before getting the CD, but after listened to it, my instinct tells me that it will do good.

Kathal enbathu and kathal oviyan have similar feel I think. Lets see how others think about this song.

Have you listened to it online or got the album?

Sanjeevi
26th July 2005, 11:09 PM
I think, atleast OKK will do as same as Arindhum Ariyamalum.

njv
26th July 2005, 11:59 PM
I am IR fan, this is my unbiased review on first hearing

Geetha Mala - Nothing great
Kangal Kalangida - good melody. again nothing great
Kangal Kandathu - same as above, different lyrics. good melody. am i the only one feeling that it looks like "Thenmetru paruva kaatru" by arr?
Thalappa Kattuda - Okay
Kathal Enbathu - Good melody. No where near to Kathal Oviam. No need to compare these two
Pangu Podu - Good one. Resembels lot of previous songs, neverthless good one
Unnaku Endru Oruthi - okay song again

This is a good album, not like Manmathan / 7G / Arindhum Ariyamalum

Sanjeevi

If OKK does similar business like Arindhum Ariyamalum, then it will beat Aa Aah. so I doubt it.

app_engine
27th July 2005, 12:05 AM
http://216.65.197.170/kumudam/270705/pg7.php
http://216.65.197.170/kumudam/270705/pg10.php

Yuvan interview...(iravil thAilAndhil jolly)

alias
27th July 2005, 03:13 AM
App_engine, can you post teh interview, kumudam is asking for userid and password.

njv, where did u hear the songs?

njv
27th July 2005, 05:35 AM
Yes, its all good song, but nothing to give an impact.
Lot of resemblence to previous YSR and ARR songs.

MrJudge
27th July 2005, 07:08 AM

njv,

Have you heard it at oosai.com? real audio files?

I believe this album falls between 7G - AA. Definitely not better then 7G, but better than AA. Give me your opinion after couple of days you bought your CD.

MrJudge
27th July 2005, 07:15 AM
If anybody wants lyrics for kathal yenbathu song, here it is:

http://nattamai.blogspot.com/2005/07/kaathal-yenbathu-lyrics.html

12bums
27th July 2005, 12:06 PM
Sorry MrJudge, my mistake. It is indeed Durai, who is also a good director, going by Mugavari, but not if you see Kadhal Sadugudu.

MrJudge
27th July 2005, 01:17 PM
Sorry MrJudge, my mistake. It is indeed Durai, who is also a good director, going by Mugavari, but not if you see Kadhal Sadugudu.

12bums,

Yes, Kadhal sadugudu is a cropper at BO. My thinking is that songs will be good on screen because of Rajasekar, he has unique style. Today I read on the net that after watching the first copy of TJ, simbu raised his salaries for a future project and the producer is not happy with it.

Sanjeevi
27th July 2005, 01:19 PM
Durai also did Citizen.

NagaS
27th July 2005, 01:43 PM
Durai also did Citizen.

Nope - Citizen director was "Saravana Subbaiya" (Now doing a movie titled "A B C D" ...)

Sanjeevi
27th July 2005, 04:12 PM
OK NagaS.

Which was the Durai's before Kadhal Sadugudu

NagaS
27th July 2005, 04:29 PM
OK NagaS.

Which was the Durai's before Kadhal Sadugudu

Mugavari - kaathal sadugudu - thotti jeya !

NagaS

Sanjeevi
27th July 2005, 04:34 PM
NagaS,

How is Oru Kalloryin Kathai songs?. listened?

NagaS
27th July 2005, 06:02 PM
NagaS,

How is Oru Kalloryin Kathai songs?. listened?

Nope - It was not available in Bangalore, atleast till yesterday evening :)

NagaS

alias
27th July 2005, 08:00 PM
Finally I did hear the album on oosai and Mr Judge, all those noises now looks to be from empty vessels.. God, you are comparing this mediocore album with Aa Aaha.. One song from Aa Aaha is enough to beat this album... No way near to Aarindum Aariyadum... leave alone 7G. I think if I have to rank it will Aa Ahah, TJ, Englishkaran, OKK.

MrJudge, please change your id, you are fit to be even a gumasta :-)

njv
27th July 2005, 09:01 PM

njv,

Have you heard it at oosai.com? real audio files?

I believe this album falls between 7G - AA. Definitely not better then 7G, but better than AA. Give me your opinion after couple of days you bought your CD.

Wait, AA is what Arinthum Ariyamalum or Aa aah. If Arintum Ariyamalum, "thee pidikka thee pidikka" is more than enough to beat OKK.

If Aa Aah I dont want to compare now, cuz I listedn to Aah Aah in CD after multiple listening I put it back, cuz it makes me tired. I will give it a shot for OKK in CD and give my opinion, but what I didnt like about OKK is that there is nothing different in it or any song that wll give an impact. Anwyas, I will wait and see...

I listen to

MrJudge
27th July 2005, 10:28 PM
Finally I did hear the album on oosai and Mr Judge, all those noises now looks to be from empty vessels.. God, you are comparing this mediocore album with Aa Aaha.. One song from Aa Aaha is enough to beat this album... No way near to Aarindum Aariyadum... leave alone 7G. I think if I have to rank it will Aa Ahah, TJ, Englishkaran, OKK.

MrJudge, please change your id, you are fit to be even a gumasta :-)

I haven't listened to anbe aariyure yet, I am not interested you know :) And what I meant was Arinthum Ariyamalum. OKK is definitely better than Arinthum Ariyamalum. We will see how the mass react to these three albums. Take my word, this album will do better than TJ and Anbe aariyure.

FYI, mp3 version available at tamilbeat.com (give it a try if you are interested)

MrJudge
27th July 2005, 10:31 PM
If Aa Aah I dont want to compare now, cuz I listedn to Aah Aah in CD after multiple listening I put it back, cuz it makes me tired. I will give it a shot for OKK in CD and give my opinion, but what I didnt like about OKK is that there is nothing different in it or any song that wll give an impact. Anwyas, I will wait and see...

I listen to

njv,
looking forward to your comments......

njv
27th July 2005, 10:33 PM
Judge

I will wait for CD. MP3 looses in compression. Yesterday I was listening to ONOK, damn, its so cool specially when listening in good JBL speaker system. Though IR used synth sound ehre, still teh songs are fresh and refreshing. I will wait for the CD.

alias
27th July 2005, 11:05 PM
Sorry Mr Judge, So u r fighting between Arindum Ariyadadum, 7GRC and OKK... Alright... then 7Grc,AA, Dass, OKK... But Aa Aaha in my opinion beats these albums...

coucou
28th July 2005, 12:34 AM
Take my word, this album will do better than Anbe aariyure.

:rotfl: :lol: :lol: :rotfl:

mr judge stop kidding!!! LISTEN FIRST ADD YOUR COMMENTS AFTER :o

alias
28th July 2005, 01:17 AM
/Quote MrJudge wrote
I haven't listened to anbe aariyure yet, I am not interested you know /Quote

Then I think you should continue listening OKK along with other recently released albums like Sorry Ennaku Kalayanam ayudhichi, Englishkaran, 6-2, Chinna.. they are one competing with Yuvan :-)

njv
28th July 2005, 02:01 AM
/Quote MrJudge wrote

Then I think you should continue listening OKK along with other recently released albums like Sorry Ennaku Kalayanam ayudhichi, Englishkaran, 6-2, Chinna.. they are one competing with Yuvan :-)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BTW is Sorry Ennakku Kalyanam Ayudichchi is telugu remake?
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Kumanan
28th July 2005, 03:47 AM
I was quite disappointed at the songs first but they sounds much better after few listenings. My view: Kankal Kalangida by Karthik outstands its other pairs. Harish's song is good specially in the middle. Now it depends on the movie to make the album hit, Kankal kalankida might jell well with the Movie.

Movies
28th July 2005, 03:53 AM
Whos movie is OKK? Whos the hero? Director?

I havent herd it, so far no talks on it on the chennai radio.
Maybe I cudve missed any , if there were any.

But jus a pointer.... This is a thread for YSR albums... it is 23 pages long... impressive?.... well if u think t is... A AA thread is laready past 23.... now which is popular... hehehe...

MrJudge
28th July 2005, 07:21 AM
/Quote MrJudge wrote

:lol: I even don't listen to Anbe Aaruyire, how on earth I will listen to these albums? Jokes apart, I have been listening to OKK for the last a few days continously.

MrJudge
28th July 2005, 07:25 AM
Whos movie is OKK? Whos the hero? Director?

I havent herd it, so far no talks on it on the chennai radio.
Maybe I cudve missed any , if there were any.

But jus a pointer.... This is a thread for YSR albums... it is 23 pages long... impressive?.... well if u think t is... A AA thread is laready past 23.... now which is popular... hehehe...

OKK is from Chozha productions, *ing Arya, Sonia agarval, directed by Nantha Periyasamy.

The trailer is out on TVs. They don't show any songs yet only with bgm. Visuals look great.

If you consider number of hits/replies/pages of this forum is an indication of an album's popularity, god save you man.

Movies
28th July 2005, 08:42 AM
Mr Judge,

Ofcourse it does, if it didnt , why wud u try to ridicule my logic!

NagaS
28th July 2005, 10:04 AM
I think we have to stop this ARR - YSR fight - Lets only discuss about YSR's new albums here, Its sad to see almost every thread in tfmpage becoming a porkkaLam !

NagaS

Movies
28th July 2005, 10:29 AM
Nagas...... dont stop it...

Its no fun without arguments!

Sanjeevi
28th July 2005, 10:45 AM
hi arr fans,

neenga ellam IR fans kuda modi vangi katikutteenga. Ippro, YSR thread-ku varreng. :lol:

NagaS
28th July 2005, 11:01 AM
Listened to only one song from kallooriyin kathai "kaNgaL kalangida" ...

When you keep the story of this movie in mind, i think this song fits 100% - the lyrics are perfect and ideal for any college gang meeting again after few years !

Great job by YSR and Na. Muthukumar !

NagaS

MrJudge
28th July 2005, 04:24 PM
NagaS:

enna oru paatoda niruthiteenga? How are the other songs?

Cinefan
28th July 2005, 04:48 PM
Naga,OKK is available now in Bangalore.

BTW,the cassettes of IR's 'Thiruvasagam'is also in the market.

alias
28th July 2005, 11:18 PM
hi arr fans,

neenga ellam IR fans kuda modi vangi katikutteenga. Ippro, YSR thread-ku varreng. :lol:

hi sanjeevi, we stopped fightting with retired ppl and let him rest in peace and now we move on to the wannabe ARR (HJ, YSR,VS) :-)

njv
29th July 2005, 01:22 AM
let him rest in peace
Not nice at all.

IR is music. IR's music will live as long as humans are born with ears.

alias
29th July 2005, 02:32 AM
njv, yes his music from 70-80s will linger on our ears as long as we all live. And I agree with that

NagaS
29th July 2005, 10:22 AM
MrJudge,

Internet is tooooo slow in my office, So I gotta wait till I get the cassette / CD ...

Cinefan,

Thanks for the info - I will try in jayanagar today for OKK !

NagaS

yvsmani
29th July 2005, 12:57 PM
NagaS :
konja naalil YSR ungalai avar secretary agha appoint seithu vida poagiraar........ paarththu :lol:

coucou
29th July 2005, 02:35 PM
except nagas, mr judge, sangeevi who like OKK?

Arjuna
29th July 2005, 02:48 PM
OKK sucks!! TJ bit better than OKK - A Ah is the best (as usual) - followed by IR's Kajuraho - that song rocks!!

coucou
29th July 2005, 03:46 PM
i was disapointed with this album. franckly i like ysr. this is my favorite md after arr. he took 2 days to compose these songs. maybe it is a reason for this disapointment. he have done hits nowadays one after the other: 7g railbow colony, manmathan, aa, daas. but okk is disgression. evey md is not like arr to give hits on after the other: roja, bombay, pudhiya magan, karutthamma.....

this is my top:

1- ah aah
2-ponniyin selvan
3-thotti jeya
4-okk

njv
29th July 2005, 04:26 PM
OKK sucks!! TJ bit better than OKK - A Ah is the best (as usual) - followed by IR's Kajuraho - that song rocks!!
Arjuna

Yes it does rock. Also antha naal gnyabagam from AOKK is pretty good. Listen to it in a good speaker system. It seems to be in synth sound, but neverthless its just amazing.

For me, I am switching between ONOK, AOKK, Rising & Arindhun Ariyamalum. Still need to get used to Aa Aaah. TJ is out of my list.

TJ=Total Junk

Sanjeevi
29th July 2005, 05:20 PM
except nagas, mr judge, sangeevi who like OKK?

naan innum ketkala :oops:

I will give review soon.

Arjuna
29th July 2005, 09:53 PM
njv - Anthal Nyal Nabagam is damn good as well..Forgot to mention - Arinthum Ariyamalum (Ye Kannodu) song is very good too!!

njv
30th July 2005, 12:13 AM
I like Thee Pidikka than the rest, mainly cuz it has some remix effect, which is rare in TFM. I have few remix CDs but they sucks. The recent remix that Ayngaran releases is so bad. Why do we need remix for Chandramukhi and other songs. They already have heave beatz. I dont get it. We need rexi for old MSV/IR songs.

Yesterday also I was talking to a guy to release a remix album of some IR snogs and he mentioned that its difficult because IR songs are very abstract. He mentioned that we can do more like a rap, because its just matter of adding voice/beatz over song, than remix, cuz IRs songs are customized and very abstract. I didnt know what he meant, but I understood that this is the reason why YSR spoiled Aasai Nooruvagai in Kurumbu.

sureshmehcnit
1st August 2005, 05:22 PM
My Review on OKK album

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2005/08/oru-kallooriyin-kathai-music-review.html

Smile
Sureshkumar

MrJudge
2nd August 2005, 02:49 PM
Yesterday also I was talking to a guy to release a remix album of some IR snogs and he mentioned that its difficult because IR songs are very abstract. He mentioned that we can do more like a rap, because its just matter of adding voice/beatz over song, than remix, cuz IRs songs are customized and very abstract. I didnt know what he meant, but I understood that this is the reason why YSR spoiled Aasai Nooruvagai in Kurumbu.

Yes, aasai nooru vagai song in Kurumbu is a bad attempt. But I think his theendi theendi in Bala is a well remixed/remade song of IR.

MrJudge
2nd August 2005, 03:19 PM
Looks like Dass movie is an average hit. Has anyone seen it? worth watching or not?

ezy0265
2nd August 2005, 03:41 PM
YSR was on Singapore Oli lunch time live, talking and answering fans' questions over phone. He said many interesting things and just like his father there was so much humility in his accent. When asked which other MDs songs he like to listen he promptly said ARR's songs.

He also acknowledged his remixings and reusing some of his father's songs and said they are done with purpose and need. He also refered to Dass song Vaa Vaa as just a cover version of his Dad's Adiye from Neengal Ketavai.

When asked to sing a few lines he excused himself saying his throat is bad....

Hope to catch him in person shopping sometime later today or tomorrow.

app_engine
6th August 2005, 02:21 AM
"Yuvan Shankar Raja's `Samikitta ... ' has striking Ilaiyaraja touches" says the Hindu review:

http://www.hindu.com/fr/2005/08/05/stories/2005080500020200.htm

NagaS
6th August 2005, 12:35 PM
YSR is the MD for "ARinthum ARiyaamalum" director Vishnuvardhan's next movie "Pattiyal"

http://www.nakkheeranbiweekly.com/Cini/index.html

(News is somewhere in the middle, you may have to search a lot for it ;))

NagaS

NagaS
8th August 2005, 03:54 PM
Simbhu abt YSR's music in "Vallavan"

http://www.dinakaran.com/weekly/tamil/velli/2005/Aug/05/silam.html

(Check his reply to the last question)

NagaS

coucou
9th August 2005, 04:25 AM
arr's ah aah beat oru kalluriyin kathai :lol: and thoti jeya
is it normal :shock:

Sanjeevi
9th August 2005, 09:44 PM
Wait and See

MADDY
9th August 2005, 10:14 PM
hey guys....remember it is Ah Aah vs Oru kalluriyin kathai vs thotti jeya and i had compared it to Agassi Vs Federer vs Roddick.....the competition is still on :D .....lets see if the old-agassi(ARR) can pull out a surprise here...... :D

coucou
10th August 2005, 01:10 PM
http://www.behindwoods.com/features/Topten/top10songs/tamil-cinema-topten-song-1.html

read this interview

coucou
10th August 2005, 01:10 PM
http://www.behindwoods.com/features/Interviews/Interview4/html/tamil-cinema-interview-simbu.html

sorry for the link 8)

Sanjeevi
10th August 2005, 02:16 PM
Listening OKK songs.

Kankal kalangida / Kankal kandathu is pick of album.
Kathal Enbathu is OK
Enakku enru oruthu is Super
Rest ?

MrJudge
10th August 2005, 05:34 PM
Yuvan's Kanda naal muthal audio is coming out this sunday.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/16133.html

MrJudge
10th August 2005, 05:37 PM

After these movies released, the list will be up-side down :)

coucou
10th August 2005, 06:43 PM

are you sure?

MADDY
11th August 2005, 09:38 AM
http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2005/08/weekly-top-ten-1.html

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/Topten/top10songs/tamil-cinema-topten-song-1.html

first set goes to Agassi(ARR)......YSR has 2 more sets to defend....... :D

MrJudge
11th August 2005, 10:12 AM

are you sure?

I am sure about it. Lets wait and see...

People still prefer Arinthum Ariyamalum from yuvan's recent albums. may be because of its rhythm based songs? I think OKK story demands songs with very minimal instruments and relies more on melodies and lyrics. this album will be on top once the movie is released, i hope nanda periyasamy has taken them well.

coucou
11th August 2005, 04:24 PM
Is Yuvan out of the Simbu radar?

Behindwoods
August 11, 2005

Simbu is currently very busy with Vallavan. Yuvan Shankar Raja is the music director for this film. Both guys are good pals and have slogged hard together to turn out the scores. But, we have the scoop news that Simbu met Srikanth Deva at Prasad Studios last night at 9 and spoke to him for almost two hours. While we do not know what transpired between the two, we can surmise that it would be about a forthcoming film. What about Yuvan then? Well let us wait and watch.

is really vallavan scored by ysr?

MrJudge
11th August 2005, 04:43 PM
coucou,

Simbu wanted to have rahman for his directorial debut film. But don't know what happened, Simbu went to yuvan for his Vallavan. Srikanth Deva might work with him for his next project with KSRavikumar.

Sanjeevi
12th August 2005, 06:34 PM
Kanda Naal Mudal is releasing tomorrow. :D

NagaS
12th August 2005, 08:44 PM
is really vallavan scored by ysr?

Even in his earlier interview with kumudam, he mentioned ysr has done excellent job for his vallavan movie !

NagaS

p
13th August 2005, 02:50 AM
NagaS

No.1 'la YSRm varuvArA? :)

MrJudge
13th August 2005, 06:02 PM
Got hold of KNM cd..... there are six tracks, listened to it just once.

NagaS,
Thamarai has written lyrics (urai nadai :) ?)for all songs.

njv
13th August 2005, 06:37 PM
YSR explains how he compose music in SunTV on Aug 15th independence day special. Not sure abt the timings, but in AM.

coucou
13th August 2005, 08:21 PM
realisator of aa choose ysr for his next movie(because of great success of aa's songs. surya is the actor

coucou
13th August 2005, 08:21 PM
anybody say when release okk?????

MrJudge
14th August 2005, 12:01 AM
Anybody else listened to KNM?

coucou:

what does "realisator" mean? and great success of aa's songs?? hahha..thundu thaan, konjam wait pannungo

OKK should be coming out this month.......

popeye11
14th August 2005, 12:33 AM
Is the audio released yet!.. If yes any reviews so faR?

coucou
14th August 2005, 01:35 AM
hahha..thundu thaan, konjam wait pannungo

what do you mean?? :roll:

MrJudge
14th August 2005, 09:58 AM

you know what I mean. thundunna athu oruththar thaan :lol:

MrJudge
14th August 2005, 12:13 PM
"pani thuli" by kk, Shreya & thanvi from KNM just rocks! Except one song all songs are good. Another winner from Yuvan!

coucou
14th August 2005, 03:05 PM

ysr or hj?

coucou
14th August 2005, 03:07 PM
"pani thuli" by kk, Shreya & thanvi from KNM just rocks! Except one song all songs are good. Another winner from Yuvan!

CAN YOU LIST THE SONGS WITH SINERS? 8)

MrJudge
14th August 2005, 06:18 PM
ysr or hj?

summa summa vaaiya kelaraatheyum!

I have listed the songs in my blog..... will give a small review tonight.

MrJudge
15th August 2005, 12:12 AM
here is my take on KNM:

http://nattamai.blogspot.com/2005/08/kanda-naal-mudhal-audio-review.html

k_vanan
17th August 2005, 10:55 AM
here another remix songs for Vallavan
http://www.dinakaran.com

sanjeevk
17th August 2005, 12:11 PM
jus heard Kanda Naal Mudhal.... n the song Pani Thuli is jusss superbb!!!! and KK'z n Shreya Ghoshal are top... but then again the rest are :?: so n so... the song Kanda naal mudhal sounds pretti weird for my liking, not a big fan of carnatic music :roll: koo koovena n Merke Merke sounds pretti good after listening to a couple of times and the rap song 'pushin it hard' is certainy different in todays tamil music...at first hated the song but sounds realli good after a few hearings.

overall its a decent album but Pani THuli jus lifts the album totalli, although i like Yuvan better than HJ, i must saiii the Ghajini sounds better atm then NKM...what uz think

inetk
17th August 2005, 01:06 PM
My 100 words!

http://www.milliblog.blogspot.com/

MADDY
17th August 2005, 07:40 PM
got to listen to dass songs from a cousin....it was particularly unimpressive.....and wat hurt me most was the re-hash of a old IR song which features Thiyagarajan in it.....i dunno wat is the need for a person who is touted to be more talented than ARR to do such a thing........any reasons he gives, YSR-fans???

nilavupriyan
17th August 2005, 08:02 PM
got to listen to dass songs from a cousin....it was particularly unimpressive.....and wat hurt me most was the re-hash of a old IR song which features Thiyagarajan in it.....i dunno wat is the need for a person who is touted to be more talented than ARR to do such a thing........any reasons he gives, YSR-fans???

MADDY,remember he is composing for too many films like his dad.

he is maintaining his calibre by composing good music at a right interval of time.....

i personally feel that he is not more talented than arr.....who knows he may prove himself in future

MADDY
17th August 2005, 08:09 PM
yaaa nilavu, i dunt think that is gud enuf a reason isn't it???? IR has done 10 times more movies than him but i dunt think he ever resorted to such easy re-hashes......

and if ARR had done this, he wud have been torn apart by critics and general ppl. and IR-fans wud have bombarded our threads leaving no space for us to post......cool, IR family aalunaa enna vena pannalam TNla.........gr8

MrJudge
17th August 2005, 08:35 PM
yaaa nilavu, i dunt think that is gud enuf a reason isn't it???? IR has done 10 times more movies than him but i dunt think he ever resorted to such easy re-hashes......

and if ARR had done this, he wud have been torn apart by critics and general ppl. and IR-fans wud have bombarded our threads leaving no space for us to post......cool, IR family aalunaa enna vena pannalam TNla.........gr8

MADDY:

What if the director insisted him to use an IR song in particular? Moreover, I don't think Yuvan has denied of reusing IR songs he has done sofar. Whatever the reason I prefer him to stay away from doing this remix stuff.

I heard he is doing 'a ah vanthiruchchu' from Kalyana raman in Vallavan for one of his "pallu" character :) Should we blame Simbu or Yuvan?

I don't think if ARR does, general ppl would bother. Nowadays people either like it or leave it, I don't think they will criticize anybody as long as it sounds good.

vijayr
17th August 2005, 09:09 PM
inetk, except for PanithuLi - which is not very different from the usual HJish synth melodies - I agreed with the rest of your review. Kanda naaL muthal is the one that has surpised me,long time since I heard such a classical number from Yuvan(or maybe the first time he did something like this?). The tune flows well and sounds so coherent that I still cant believe Yuvan did it on his own :-) Erimalai, I thought was a different song from the usual run-of-the-mill stuff, along the lines of Veera paandi kottayile, with nice rhythm backing(good usage of claps) and Shankar's spirited singing. With good picturization the song may catch on.Pushing it hard, IMO, is a very ordinary hip-hop nothing much different from the usual stuff we have heard.

Sanjeevi
17th August 2005, 10:08 PM

MADDY,remember he is composing for too many films like his dad.

he is maintaining his calibre by composing good music at a right interval of time.....

i personally feel that he is not more talented than arr.....who knows he may prove himself in future

Hey nilavu, what do you mean?

YSR will rulz tfm in future. He is improving.

inetk
17th August 2005, 10:09 PM
Vijayr: Yes, which is I refused to pass a judgement on erimalai and merely said it was seriously situational. It still lacks that verve needed to make a situational song stand out on its own, imo.

Panithuli was interesting cos it was perhaps a rare song where yuvan has adakki vaachisified. No higher pitches anywhere, even KK's part was rather subdued adding to the novelty. But yes, from HJ this would have been assembly line. Might be new for Yuvan.

Karthik

Sanjeevi
17th August 2005, 11:05 PM

Answer, instead of Nattamai :lol:

CAN YOU LIST THE SONGS WITH SINERS? 8)

1) Kanda naal mudhal - Subiksha

2) Pani thuli - Kay Kay, Shreya, Thanvi

3) Erimalai naanae - Shankar mahadevan, Vasundara dass

4) Merkey Merkey - Shankar mahadevan, Sadhana sargam

5) Koo Koovena - Karthik, Harish ragavendra, Mahalakshmi iyyer

6) Pushing it hard - Yuvan, Clinton & Premgi (RAP)

Lyrics for all the above songs - Thamarai

MrJudge
18th August 2005, 10:15 AM
From latest kumudam:

Director Lingusamy answered for changing his MD for sandakozhi.

Q: suddenly you moved to Yuvan eventhough VS gave you a blockbuster?

A: In my first film, SARajkumar gave me hits. Then I moved to VS. I am careful enough not to work with same guys continuously. Yuvan's music has IR flavor, ARR flavor and his own flavor. When these three come together, there comes new format . He comes up with tunes very easily, mukkarathillai pirasavam maathiri.

Sanjeevi
18th August 2005, 01:57 PM
http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=198371#198371

k_vanan
19th August 2005, 11:52 AM
YSR new movie staring Chiyan Vikram produce by AM Ratnam to be direct by AA director
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=13920845

app_engine
19th August 2005, 06:33 PM
http://www.hindu.com/fr/2005/08/19/stories/2005081900240200.htm

YSR's interview...he says he wants to learn writing sheet music...

MrJudge
20th August 2005, 10:30 PM
Today there were posters of 'Saravana' *ing simbhu.. the names are printed in such a way that noone can read. My guess for MD is Sreekanth deva.

Sanjeevi
20th August 2005, 10:52 PM
Today there were posters of 'Saravana' *ing simbhu.. the names are printed in such a way that noone can read. My guess for MD is Sreekanth deva.

Srikanth deva name appeared in poster. No doubt.

sureshmehcnit
22nd August 2005, 09:35 AM
My review on Kanda Naal Muthal Album

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2005/08/kanda-naal-muthal-music-review.html

Shankar
23rd August 2005, 10:40 AM
Read an interview of YSR in kumudam/AV...He has said, "earlier in my career, i had wanted to work with VM, not anymore, bcos there are very talented ppl like nA.muthukumar and ..<some other name> "

vijayr
31st August 2005, 07:52 PM
YSR's interview vid clips
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/Events/8030.html

interz
31st August 2005, 08:20 PM
yes i watched it, good to hear he is not much focussed on number 1 spot as the media and we are.

Music4Ever
1st September 2005, 12:27 AM
I was surprised when I learned that Yuvan composed

Sokku podi pOttAnE sevandha machAnE
thAnga-thAn mudiyalE aiyyo ennAlE

Good song in Dass.

popeye11
1st September 2005, 01:51 AM
It is Yuvans B'day Today
Birthday wishes from all his FANS
Have a Wonderful Day
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cinefan
1st September 2005, 05:16 PM
http://www.telugucinema.com/c/movies/happy_aug3105.php

Looks like YSR is getting into the Telugu film industry too.

BTW,ARR's foray there was disappointing though his Tamil dubbed albums have done gr8 business.

Sanjeevi
1st September 2005, 07:20 PM
Wishes to Yuvan :D

coucou
1st September 2005, 07:49 PM
in vallavan, ther is a remix of one song of kalyanaraman (kamal)

coucou
1st September 2005, 07:51 PM
the name of song is "kathal vanthiduchu.."
another "thepidika" ?

Sanjeevi
1st September 2005, 08:41 PM
the name of song is "kathal vanthiduchu.."
another "thepidika" ?

Ya u r right. 8)

MrJudge
2nd September 2005, 10:20 AM
http://www.telugucinema.com/c/movies/happy_aug3105.php

Looks like YSR is getting into the Telugu film industry too.

Thanks for the news. Is this the first movie he is doing? Sethu was remade in telugu and didn't do well. Hope Yuvan gets the same success there as he has got here.

inetk
2nd September 2005, 11:11 AM
He also did the remake of Mounam Pesiyadhe with not much success. 7G Brindavan Colony's music was a success I guess, like its Tamil counterpart.

Sanjeevi
4th September 2005, 12:39 PM
What about Kadhal Konden hindu remake. SreeDevi will produce it or not? :roll:

http://isairaja.blogspot.com/
updated :D

vijayr
5th September 2005, 07:45 AM
YSR should stop this butchering in the name of remix business. I praised him earlier for kaNda naaL mudhalaai's title song only to find out later on that it was a carnatic devotional which he has just remixed. Disappointing.

app_engine
9th September 2005, 08:54 PM
http://www.hindu.com/fr/2005/09/09/stories/2005090901240200.htm

`good' (essentially) says the hindu...

MrJudge
11th September 2005, 08:58 AM
What is wrong in remixing a carnatic devotional song in film music? People like me who are not aware of such songs get a chance to listen to them and enjoy. But his cover version of adiye manam is not appreciable.

MADDY
12th September 2005, 12:25 AM
hey YSR fans hold on and listen to me....
a)3 major flops(audio) -- Dass,OKK,KNM(none cud beat a ah,Ghajini)
b)2 major movie flops - dass (not even just pass) & OKK
c)Remixing IR's old songs in dass and in AA
d)Rehashing carnatic songs in KNM and didnt bother to change ARR's beats even.......
e)Talks abt bad picturisation of Pudhukottai saravanan's songs already.....(songs were more pathetic than picturisation, didnt he realise it??)
f)Gives 80% of junk songs so early in his career.....

where is Mr.Yuvan Shankar Raja headed to??? i think it is nowhere but premature retirement from TFM.....very sad to see a promising start go down the drains like this......neways we will remember him for his few gud songs.....YSR's music- 1999-2005--RIP........

interz
12th September 2005, 02:55 AM
yuvan shankaraja has still more promising projects like vallavan and puthupeddai, i think ur just tired of the success of yuvan shankaraja

MrJudge
12th September 2005, 08:59 AM
hey YSR fans hold on and listen to me....

Yes, we are holding on, Mr MADDY. If they are audio flops, then the music labels released these albums will not go back to his albums again. Because they know the actual sales figure than you and me. Example: Take the case of Tips (i think) for Kathal Virus, they packed their packs and vowed to never return to tfm again. Wait and watch, these same companies will go back for their rights. that means, they are doing some business.

b)2 major movie flops - dass (not even just pass) & OKK

Yes, Dass is not doing well, agreed. OKK is doing average business, sify said that it will give a little profit because of its low budget. we need to wait and see whether it is true or not.

c)Remixing IR's old songs in dass and in AA

He has done it before. why only complaining now?

d)Rehashing carnatic songs in KNM and didnt bother to change ARR's beats even.......

be more clear about which song of arr beats got lifted?

e)Talks abt bad picturisation of Pudhukottai saravanan's songs already.....(songs were more pathetic than picturisation, didnt he realise it??)

arr does not do songs for low budget flicks just for this simple reason. Yuvan has said it out, i don't find it wrong.

f)Gives 80% of junk songs so early in his career.....

80%?, give me a break. he came to this field without any experience, unlike arr, who worked in ad field for several years, played keyboards for other mds, band etc. Obviously Yuvan took his time to establish himself in tfm.

where is Mr.Yuvan Shankar Raja headed to??? i think it is nowhere but premature retirement from TFM.....very sad to see a promising start go down the drains like this......neways we will remember him for his few gud songs.....YSR's music- 1999-2005--RIP........

You will see where he is headed in the coming years. Premature retirement belongs to arr only. I don't think it is sadder than an internationally acclaimed asian mozart sucking too early in his career. Thanks for remembering his few songs (1999-2005). you seem like you are tired of success of Yuvan and listening to tfm. Hope you get back to normal and enjoy yuvan's songs in the coming years as you did before. ;)

MrJudge
12th September 2005, 10:49 AM
http://www.chennaionline.com/film/Moviereviews/2005/09okk.asp

Malini says that the movie is good. I am not sure whether she saw it after the cut or before. We should not take her reviews seriously :) (that is how I concluded after reading her ONOK review)

k_vanan
12th September 2005, 10:54 AM
is that true thotty jaya one song music by YSR "samba samba" which appear in local malaysian newspaper

MADDY
12th September 2005, 11:26 AM
yov nattamai, i didnt use any harsh word in my posts for Dot ruling problem faced by our mods, but u used word sucking????y mann??? YSR enna kadavula???naan avara pathi onnumae solla koodatha????nee ARR threadla vandhu enna attagasam adikara...........

"If they are audio flops, then the music labels released these albums will not go back to his albums again. Because they know the actual sales figure than you and me"

recovering money is something and becoming a hit is something else......Lagaan is hit but Mangal Pandey recovered money.....u can see the diff now....isn't it????all YSR's albums since AA have not been in top 5 even....check the latest raaga.com ratings....

see, his movies do well but what he has to do with it????when ramana did well IR was not credited that much....when Mangal Pandey did gud business many of IR-YSR fans did not want us to credit it for ARR.....fair enuf....same way YSR shuld not be credited for movies' success....it is purely directorial praise......

i accuse YSR of rehashing cos he is taleneted and there is no need for him to do so....it is just lazyness and arrogance that he is IR's son and nobody will question him.....HJ rehashes most of ARR's songs but who cares, he is not in calibre of YSR......

and i sincerely think YSR is a bubble to burst with no musical hits(movies running just for music),no platinum sales record, no national awards, no isai kaviyams like Sindhu-bhairavi,Shankarabhranam..........sorry to say but YSR is going,going and gone......End is nearing for him.....

Sanjeevi
12th September 2005, 01:28 PM
Still there is no resources for correct tamil audio sales figures. This is very bad and therefore we can get only the best selling and worst selling figures not the correct count down statistics. Web portals like cinesouth, raaga are utter waste in this case and also sify, indiaglitz, musicindiaonline give count down whenever they want (not periodicaly). Magazines such as kumudam, dinamani sometimes give sometimes not.

Ghajini? lack of freshness and it is not much good like A Ah or KNM. KNM is the only best album from Yuvan in recent times after AA and is going to super hit. wait and see. Yuvan gives all type of songs listenable for mass.

Pudupettai, Vallavan, Paruthi veeran will give answer to you.

MrJudge
12th September 2005, 03:15 PM
yov nattamai, i didnt use any harsh word in my posts for Dot ruling problem faced by our mods, but u used word sucking????y mann??? YSR enna kadavula???naan avara pathi onnumae solla koodatha????nee ARR threadla vandhu enna attagasam adikara...........

No dude, you can write about YSR and his albums here. No body will stop you.

recovering money is something and becoming a hit is something else......Lagaan is hit but Mangal Pandey recovered money.....u can see the diff now....isn't it????all YSR's albums since AA have not been in top 5 even....check the latest raaga.com ratings....

I do know the diff. If you go by top tens on the web, nobody can save you from your illusioned world man.

see, his movies do well but what he has to do with it????when ramana did well IR was not credited that much....when Mangal Pandey did gud business many of IR-YSR fans did not want us to credit it for ARR.....fair enuf....same way YSR shuld not be credited for movies' success....it is purely directorial praise......

Do you think the movies that are hit have bad songs? please let me know your list where the movie is good but songs are really bad, can you?

i accuse YSR of rehashing cos he is taleneted and there is no need for him to do so....it is just lazyness and arrogance that he is IR's son and nobody will question him.....HJ rehashes most of ARR's songs but who cares, he is not in calibre of YSR......

What if the director insists of doing it? what if Simbu asked him to remix en aasa maithiliye or ahaa vanthirichchu? Do you just blame YSR for that? I think he gives whatever his directors want. Also he is not in a position to create problems with directors right now.

and i sincerely think YSR is a bubble to burst with no musical hits(movies running just for music),no platinum sales record, no national awards, no isai kaviyams like Sindhu-bhairavi,Shankarabhranam..........sorry to say but YSR is going,going and gone......End is nearing for him.....

it is strange to see a guy like you expecting sindu bhairavi or sangarabaranam in this present globalized world. Do you think it will be a vialble project nowadays? Just wait for his Puthupettai, vallavan, KK, AIBI, Paruththi veeran. Yuvan will come out with flying colours.

Angelmusic
13th September 2005, 12:12 AM
http://www.telugucinema.com/c/movies/yuvanshankarraja_july1805.php

Maddy, you mentioned that Yuvan has not recieved a national award so that makes him a bad music director.
Read the news above and rethink your comment.

interz
13th September 2005, 01:56 AM
u expect a movie with songs like "january madham", "naam vayasukku vanthom" "ithu poorkalama" to win national awards?? they gave the national award for vidyasagar for his effort in recent years not only because of swarabhishekham.

sanbal
13th September 2005, 04:33 AM
Who is that singer

MADDY
13th September 2005, 07:32 AM
I do know the diff. If you go by top tens on the web, nobody can save you from your illusioned world man.

then how come u want ARR fans to believe that Mangal Pandey is a flop based on some web links......

Do you think the movies that are hit have bad songs? please let me know your list where the movie is good but songs are really bad, can you?

tell me something, wat part did music play in a movie like AA, it was a good movie and the movie wud have done well even songless.....and compare it with some of ARR's efforts like KKS,Yuva- did ARR deserve a flop against his name for these movies.....y r u supercritical on ARR only then????

What if the director insists of doing it? what if Simbu asked him to remix en aasa maithiliye or ahaa vanthirichchu? Do you just blame YSR for that? I think he gives whatever his directors want. Also he is not in a position to create problems with directors right now.

this is a nondi-saakku........then y doesent he remix ARR's songs which r more famous than aasa maithiliye or ahaa vanthirichchu...

it is strange to see a guy like you expecting sindu bhairavi or sangarabaranam in this present globalized world. Do you think it will be a vialble project nowadays? Just wait for his Puthupettai, vallavan, KK, AIBI, Paruththi veeran. Yuvan will come out with flying colours.

when u guys want to project him the next best thing to IR in tfm then he needs a shankarabaranam in his kitty.......and wake up nattamai, YSR's movies till date have not broken any BO records, audio sales records and no movie of his have declared a blockbuster since manmadhan......lets see if KNM can beat A Ah in audio sales......

rsubras
13th September 2005, 09:39 AM
-deleted-

rsubras
13th September 2005, 09:40 AM
oh ok maddy cool down. let us accept YSR as very good musician, currently THE best in Tamilnadu (next only to ARR IMHO) He is better than a vidhyasagar or a Harris Jayaraj in terms of giving quality music in lesser time to all kinds of directors (If one is willing to forget that he has scored music for Winner, Pudhiya Geethai and that full length comedy movie Thennavan) . He had been instrumental in making many movies hit like Manmadhan, Kaadhal Kondein (Probably the directors were good, but then u first need a opening and IMHO YSR's music provided that) . Just bcoz Judge happens to be his fan, doesnt mean YSR is bad. YSR for sure deserves better fans. Dont judge any body by their fans dude

MrJudge
13th September 2005, 10:16 AM
u expect a movie with songs like "january madham", "naam vayasukku vanthom" "ithu poorkalama" to win national awards?? they gave the national award for vidyasagar for his effort in recent years not only because of swarabhishekham.

If they want to appreciate somebody's work for recent years instead of a particular movie, they should create an appropriate category. Giving for an average album is not acceptable.

MrJudge
13th September 2005, 10:34 AM
then how come u want ARR fans to believe that Mangal Pandey is a flop based on some web links......

So you are saying MP (movie and music) is a hit? get real!

tell me something, wat part did music play in a movie like AA, it was a good movie and the movie wud have done well even songless....

ennanga...ippadi ketta neenga appadi vaaringa.. give me a list of bad songs with hit movies. I believe the hit movies have good songs that is why the directors going back to Yuvan. Ofcourse he gives fabulous BGM too. Even arr couldn't dream of that kind of music when he was 22!

this is a nondi-saakku........then y doesent he remix ARR's songs which r more famous than aasa maithiliye or ahaa vanthirichchu...

How can you remix a song that is already remixed? :lol: You have to remix old songs dude, I mean old old songs..

when u guys want to project him the next best thing to IR in tfm then he needs a shankarabaranam in his kitty.......

How many shankarabaranams and sindu bhairavis arr has come up with? Did you ever ask this question when you projected arr was the next best thing to IR in tfm in 90s? tell me honestly.

rajdes
13th September 2005, 10:36 AM
National Awards involve 3 factors
1) Committee Composition
2) How many committee members have personal agendas - example, Sudhir Mishra pushing thro' Saif Ali Khan for best actor for a YashRaj movies Film - after the NA was announced he got a chance to direct with Yash Raj films!
(Match-fixing, any one?)
3) How many people in the committee have nominees that they feel personally about - for example, Autograph song getting best lyrics - simply, Vasanth felt and argued for the song - other committee members didnt really have any personal favourites so they might not have argued that forecefully so as the only nominee which someone in the committee was bothered about, it gets the award. What was so great abput that song, anyway?

Here, one has to keep in mind that everyone has personal favourites among the nominees in various categories and they push strongly for the ones they feel the most about. For example, Sudhir Mishra might have felt strongly for Saif(Best Actor) and Rani(Best actresss) but he has to carry 14 other members so he tries for both and settles for one of the two.

This is how committees typically work. Many of youy might have experienced this at work.

While doing this, once in a while, a clear-cut merit case arrives making it impossible for committee members to fix anything by arguments. Like, say, Lagaan for Best Entertainment in its year. How many could have argued against that even if Chandramukhi had released that year?

So, when it comes to awards, sometimes, people get it for merit sometimes for other reasons. We cannot straightaway assign merit to someone because he got a NA nor can we say that NA's are always fixed and anyone who got it got through questionable means.
It cannot be a basis for argument

MADDY
13th September 2005, 11:50 AM
well rajdes, so shuld we remove the credit from IR for his 3 national awards.......i agree NA is all based on lobbying, but IR himself is a powerful person with gud influence in the current central govt setup, then y culdn't YSR win it???even for lobbying it shuld be worth it, i dunt think 7GRC was anyway near the NA stuff......

nattamai, ARR's taal is nuthin short of a shankarabarnam........i know u dunt understand Hindustani music......

how baseless ur arguements r nattamai, when YSR reuses IR's songs and when he himself accepts it, u still defend him and throw a ridiculus obseravtion that ARR's songs r also remixed without any proof......u r nothin short of a MLA in UP assembly.......

nattamai movies becoming hit when music was bad:
Anniyan,chandramukhi,AA,thiruda thirudi.....i cant remember any YSR album giving life to a movie.....he has had his share of fluke working with good directors..........

okkk all YSR fans name 1 musical hit of YSR.....i.e movie running just for music, ppl. coming to theatres just for music of YSR....pls name one such movie(100 days+ is a must criteria)...

mr_karthik
13th September 2005, 01:08 PM
Unmaiyil National Award enbadhellaam verum 'kaN thudaippu' sambiradhaayam. YArO 10 per utkaarndhu koNdu (howmany of them knows about good movie and good music) select paNNvathu ellAm siRandha thErvu Agi vidAthu.

adhanAlthAn, pala samayangaLil 'non-qualified' persons ellAm national award vAnguvadhai pArkirOm.

for example, Vikramukku 'sEdhu' padathukkAga koduthirukkanum. appa kodukkalai. AnA 'pithAmagan'il avar onnumE pannalai. ippo koduthirukkAnga.

kEli koothAga illai?.

rajdes
13th September 2005, 01:39 PM
maddy, you didnt comprehend my post. All I said was NA or no NA cant be a criteria just ot prove that someone is great or equally, we cannot say that every award is fixed. It is not just lobbying, it is also personal biases and favorites. Do you think Pa Vijay might have lobbied with Vasanth - I dont think so - simply, Vasanth might have been in a mood to get something for TFM world so he might have spent time trying to prepare a case for Autograph.

Next thing - If you want to remove credit from IR for his 3 NA, or for his musical hits or for his great songs, if that makes you happy, please go ahead :-). Neither IR nor myself lose anything because of that :-).

Btw, who are you and me to remove credit from IR or ARR or anyone - and hear hear!- if I wish to remove credit, how do I go about doing it ? ;-)

Shankar
13th September 2005, 02:32 PM
maddy,
enakkum hindustani theiriyAdhu...Can you pls elaborate on the classical numbers of taal ?

Sanjeevi
13th September 2005, 07:58 PM
Hi rsubras,

Winner songs are not bad. Engirunthai, Enthanuyir and Mathappo are good especially I like Engirunthai.

MADDY
14th September 2005, 01:40 AM
All I said was NA or no NA cant be a criteria just ot prove that someone is great or equally, we cannot say that every award is fixed.

Next thing - If you want to remove credit from IR for his 3 NA, or for his musical hits or for his great songs, if that makes you happy, please go ahead :-). Neither IR nor myself lose anything because of that :-).

no rajdes, i personally wud have wanted IR to have 6-7 NAs....he deserved it for a lot of movies.........but thing is IR/YSR fans do not want any achievement by ARR to be taken as a criteria for being called gr8........like NA,recognition in North India,recognition in west,cassette sales records, mastering north indian folk genres, recording quality and list goes on......they think ARR has achieved nuthin....i thought u were in the same plane....sorry if u had thought otherwise....

shankar, i thought we had become frnds, kya hua???okkk i accept taal is not that typical aalap-stretching,tamil killing classic but it was a classic in terms of the no. of genres used in a single album, ARR's neat arrangements/percussions, recording quality and most importantly the rythm that songs had was amazing......that's y it is called Taal- classic rythm-based composition......not to forget the hindustani feel to all the songs......

but where does YSR stand???has he given a musical hit yet????if he is so talented then y not ppl. throng to theatres just for his music.....can he make a useless movie like kadhalan run for 100 days just like ARR did or can he bring life to a single mohan movie of 80's like IR had done?????

alias
14th September 2005, 01:40 AM
Judge, after showing you all those links about MP success you still claim that MP is a flop. Probably Bobby Bedi and the distributors has to come personally to your house and show their bank balance to prove that MP is a hit :lol:

Aamir Khan was talking to the press saying that there are some people who want to sabotage the sucess of MP and I know whom he is referring to :-)

Judge, ARR has come with albums which other MD would not even dream in their lifetime. So that is enough to prove ARR rules TFM after 90.

Name one album from TFM MD which created sensation throughout India and became chartbuster. Even IR songs were limited to South India and he could not come with a song or album which will rock the nation. Only our Thalaivar ARR did. And thats why we say ARR rules IFM.

Shankar
14th September 2005, 10:32 AM
>>>>>>>>>
shankar, i thought we had become frnds, kya hua???
<<<<<<<<<
What do you mean ? I've never thot you were from an "enemy" camp to "become" friends :-) You don't have to be an enemy to have different opinions.

The question I asked about taal was a genuine one...I am familiar with WC and hindustani is something I have no idea about...So it was more a question about the songs than questioning the statement itself :-)

Shankar
14th September 2005, 10:37 AM
alias,
people can come out with equal amount of stats to prove MP was a flop...I personally don't give a damn about the success of the movie, as long as the music is good (to me).

My beef with you is, you defend MP *bcos* it is by arr...Just because the songs were good and were composed by Raja, can I call fazil's kiLi pEchu kEtkavA a super hit ??

alias
14th September 2005, 07:43 PM
No, it has nothing to do with ARR Shankar. Why do people want to call it flop when it has recovered money in the 1st 2 week itself? Where is the stats? I can show you the stats. Check out indiafm.com or indolink.com and they will tell u how much it has collected else I will cut and paste it. I think Judge want to Jeopardize this movie since it has music by ARR.

Dont tell me Kili Pechu Ketkeva has super hit songs :lol: I know Fazil other movies with IR starting with PP, V16, BA, PV, KM, KN had good songs but not KPK.

Sanjeevi
15th September 2005, 08:30 AM
KPK was not super hit but has good songs (sivagami, anbae vaa was hit song) 8)

Shankar
15th September 2005, 09:30 AM
alias,
afaik, KPK had brilliant songs (as i have always said, commercial success/failure of a movie doesn't influence my liking/disliking the songs). There were 3 songs I guess, and all of them were good. I liked the movie, thanks to that interesting climax.

Shankar
15th September 2005, 09:44 AM
alias,

>>>>>
Dont tell me Kili Pechu Ketkeva has super hit songs Laughing
<<<<<
Again...don't equate commercial success of the songs with the quality of the songs...I have often quoted this example:
Eera vizhi kAviyangaL, which to me (and many) has been Raja's one of the top 5 works, sank without a trace ! The release & success of kozhi koovudhu, kAdhal oviyam, nizhalgaL made sure nobody noticed this great piece of work :-(. Pls visit raaja.com to listen to the samples of the song, and decide the quality.

rajdes
15th September 2005, 12:00 PM
alias, one basic lesson in comprehension - shankar didnt say KPK was a superhit. He was infact saying the opposite. Al he said was the songs were, per him, good but he still would not call them superhit.
You have now twisted that as if he said "KPK is superhit" . :-)

Good debating strategy but I am afraid, doesnt reflect much on your abilities to comprehend :-)

Shankar, how did you miss this obvious point - isnt this the raison d' etre of all debates in the forum - try and deflect the discussion to unrelated points(you lack comprehension, you are dishonest etc) :-)

Ennala mudinja kalagam , narayana , narayana :-)

yvsmani
15th September 2005, 02:33 PM
KPK's best number is vanthathu vanthathu vaasalil vanthathu yaaradi kiliyae

IsaiRasigan
15th September 2005, 03:34 PM
- deleted -

Shankar
15th September 2005, 04:31 PM
>>>>>>>>>
Shankar, how did you miss this obvious point - isnt this the raison d' etre of all debates in the forum - try and deflect the discussion to unrelated points(you lack comprehension, you are dishonest etc) Smile
<<<<<<<<<

:-)

alias
15th September 2005, 11:06 PM
O.. Sorry Shankar.. My apology. I thought u were saying KPH was a hit but movie sank without trace and hence the kozhapam :-)

Shankar all I am saying MP is not flop. It made money for distributors. Yes it didnt go on creating box office records in India but certainly did in overseas. It is 2nd largest collection after B&B. Since it is an expensive movie and distributed with MG, it would not bring heavy profit to them but that does not mean they will loose money. Only if they loose money, it would be termed as flop else it is semi India in India, Super hit in Bombay and overseas. This is latest status of MP as per box office report.

Radjes, thank for the kalagam. But Shankar and me will not fall into your trap :-)

MrJudge
16th September 2005, 04:24 PM
nattamai, ARR's taal is nuthin short of a shankarabarnam........i know u dunt understand Hindustani music......

Yov MADDY, why arr could not give an album in calibre of sindhu bhairavi in Tamil? He himself projected Sagamam as his full length classical album. But it was no where near sindhu bhairavi standard. The simple reason is movies/songs with kind of depth in classical music will not come to tf anymore. So expecting that kind of movies and rejecting MDs based on that criteria is your own problem.

Yes, I don't understand Hindustani, (well I don't even understand Carnatic music). Can you elaborate more on Taal please? According to your statement, Taal is equivalent to Sangakarabaranam. Is it true?

nattamai movies becoming hit when music was bad: Anniyan,chandramukhi,AA,thiruda thirudi.....

Even couple of arr fans said that AA songs were good in this same forum. They were expecting something similar to AA in Dass, OKK and felt disappointed. I don't want to get into Anniyan, chandramuki etc... So according to you, if it is not by arr and well received by mass people they are bad albums.

can he make a useless movie like kadhalan run for 100 days just like ARR did or can he bring life to a single mohan movie of 80's like IR had done?????

If you go by musical hits(wrt your definition), nobody can touch IR. Please give me a list of arr's musical hits from 1992-2005. We will continue from there.

udge, after showing you all those links about MP success you still claim that MP is a flop. Probably Bobby Bedi and the distributors has to come personally to your house and show their bank balance to prove that MP is a hit Laughing

Seems like you are always laughing aloud, good for you :) I guess Bobby bedi has come to your house and assured you that MP is a hit movie and recovered its cost even in the first week of its release. Also BBC reporter made a personal call to inform you that the movie is a super duper hit in India and abroad. Well, my friend, here is the snippet from recent BW magazine:

"Yash Raj films is decidedly upset with Bobby Bedi. The distributors of MP - The rising are apparently cheesed off that the production company is claiming to have already made money on the film. The fact is that the film looks like a classic, old-style, table-profit wonder that may or may not make money for the trade. It has had a great opening weekend with over Rs.18 crore ahead of BAB. The problem is the negative press and word-of-mouth may give the film not more than 2-3 weekends at the BO. That doesn't give Yash Raj Films enough time to recover the Rs.16 crore it has paid for the india and overseas distribution and music rights of the film. "

MADDY
16th September 2005, 06:45 PM
nattamai, ARR has more than 10 big budgeted projects that ran just for music and not anything else..u want the list??.....his audio has sold for even flop movies........Boys though a flop movie sold 2L+ units.....

can u name just 1 movie which ran just for YSR's music????or name a YSR album which sold inspite of movie being a flop.......

alias
16th September 2005, 08:25 PM
No, I dont want Bobby bedi to come to my office to prove MP is a hit or not. I already know it is a hit. And you talking about Yashraj films need to collect 16 crores and here is the report from indolink.com

"'Mangal Pandey - The Rising' : - The movie is ending its run in India thanx to the distributors who have unceremoniously removed the movie after the fourth week . This despite getting nearly a crore during the week .

If Yash Raj ( the distributors) had been as considerate for 'Mangal Pandey - The Rising' as they have been for their own projects and let the movie run for a couple of weeks more it would have easily crossed 30 crores from India , which looks highly unlikely now .

In its fourth week 'Mangal Pandey - The Rising' collects 54,72,317 from 80 reported cinemas for a total of about 28.25 crores from India . The movie has also collected about $ 2.1 million from overseas .

Verdict :- 'Mangal Pandey - The Rising' is a semi-hit in India ( superhit in Bombay , hit in Delhi-U.P.) and a good hit in overseas . "

Hope that will put a lid in your mouth forever else my 1st option is still open (Bobby bedi and distributor coming to your house). And yes I like laughing a lot :lol:

MrJudge
16th September 2005, 10:10 PM
Looks like indolink too made a personal call to you and confimed it a hit :lol:

I already know it is a hit.

Did I read your post saying super duper hit? Now rating it down as a hit only? Good to see the change :lol:

"'Mangal Pandey - The Rising' : - The movie is ending its run in India thanx to the distributors who have unceremoniously removed the movie after the fourth week . This despite getting nearly a crore during the week .

If Yash Raj ( the distributors) had been as considerate for 'Mangal Pandey - The Rising' as they have been for their own projects and let the movie run for a couple of weeks more it would have easily crossed 30 crores from India , which looks highly unlikely now .

No distributors will take off the movie from theaters if it does good business. This looks like crap from indolink. I have not given full snippet in my previous message, it also says why the numbers are all wrong in the media. read it if you can.

And yes I like laughing a lot :lol:

Yes, that is good, 'idukkan varungaal nahuha' A..ah too biting the dust now, you can have another big laugh :lol:

What is your verdict for A..Ah? super duper hit as usual? :lol:

MrJudge
16th September 2005, 10:13 PM
nattamai, ARR has more than 10 big budgeted projects that ran just for music and not anything else..u want the list??.....his audio has sold for even flop movies........Boys though a flop movie sold 2L+ units.....

can u name just 1 movie which ran just for YSR's music????or name a YSR album which sold inspite of movie being a flop.......

I don't understand where you guys get your statistics. Anyway, give me the list first then we can have a discussion.

I think we can move this stuff to some other appropriate thread, may be here http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=4403 ?

alias
17th September 2005, 12:19 AM
Dude, yes the indolink information is crap but ur information from BW is good. Thats a good way of escape :) Yes Salam Namaste is Yashraj own banner and that is first priority to them. So it can happen. They did the same thing with Meenaxi too, but that movie was anyway flop thanks to MF Hussain. And by the way it is Super Duper hit in overseas, hit in India. That should cool u off :lol:

And as far as Aa Aaha is concerned, it is too early to predict. Right now it is heading towards average.

And if Aa Aaha flops then you can apply Sandal all over your body, buy crackers and sweet, wear new clothes and celebrate :lol:

MADDY
17th September 2005, 09:43 AM
I don't understand where you guys get your statistics. Anyway, give me the list first then we can have a discussion.

I think we can move this stuff to some other appropriate thread, may be here http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=4403 ?

very smart nattamai........but u tell me 1 musical hit of YSR swami....y r u shying away from that.....we will shift to ARR vs YSR vs HJas soon as u give me a hit of YSR here........samples of ARR-driven hits-Minsara Kanavu,Taal.....now u tell me urs.....

MADDY
17th September 2005, 06:45 PM
nattamai, its hard to find u when u r surrounded by truth that YSR is a novice infront of ARR....so that's y i'm repeating the msg posted in ARR vs ysr vs hj thread.........

can u pls come up with 1 musical hit of YSR and then do phd on ARR's sucess.....its high time that u came up with one as u have avoided this question for 3 days......if u r not getting one even after thinking for 3 days,then its high time that u shut up with ur views on the eternal genius-ARRahman and stop spoiling ARR threads......

MrJudge
19th September 2005, 04:00 PM
IR sings for YSR again in AIBI:

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/16873.html

interz
19th September 2005, 04:56 PM
man, is that a news???

they are family. of course ilayaraja will sing for yuvan shankaraja, karthikraja or bhavadarani.

alias
19th September 2005, 11:57 PM
No words from Judge, Hahaaa... Finally he did acccept MP is a super hit and dude, another bad news for u, Aa Aaha is a hit :lol:

MrJudge
21st September 2005, 10:14 AM
man, is that a news???

they are family. of course ilayaraja will sing for yuvan shankaraja, karthikraja or bhavadarani.

IR sang for YSR in Nandha at the request of Bala. I don't think IR sings often for YSR but in KR's case it is different.

In AIBI, all songs are sung by YSR himself. All are solo except one by IR & YSR singing together. Also one song was composed after choreography was done. Source: Dhinamani

MADDY
21st September 2005, 01:56 PM
saw the trailor of KNM, nuthin special stuff from YSR......hoping for a IR/TR remix song in KNM so that it will pep up the album.......meanwhile, OKK declared a flop and dass slipping out of box office pretty quickly........his future movies like agaram also sound like a pretty ordinary effort....maybe have to wait for a selvaraghavan movie to hear the best of YSR again........

indha rangela it shuld read something like this:

YSR-1000 flop koduthha aboorva sigamani..... :lol:

alias
21st September 2005, 08:11 PM
Maddy, All they are trying is to bring up a competitor for ARR, just like how in those days people were trying to lift other MDs to compete with IR but history has proved that to beat one king, the other king has to be a master from album 1 and that kind of talent is lacking in YSR and he would be another chandraboss :lol:

MADDY
21st September 2005, 11:24 PM
really alias....even i feel the same......all these mockery of mine r aimed at some of his fans who think YSR is better than ARR....otherwise i like YSR a lot......he is a mixture of IR and ARR and sometimes gives classics.....i still think the mantle has to go from ARR to YSR and not to lesser talented ppl. like VS and HJ......but i always felt that he lacked the force that ARR and IR had.....they just took the music industry by storm.......

interz
22nd September 2005, 02:42 AM
:evil: :evil: maddy :evil: :evil:

app_engine
23rd September 2005, 11:29 PM
http://www.dailythanthi.com/magazines/veli_cinema.htm

KR signs up for some new project...

Sanjeevi
24th September 2005, 10:38 PM
http://in.movies.yahoo.com/050912/125/603rx.html

http://in.rediff.com/movies/2005/aug/22priya.htm

xml
25th September 2005, 11:00 AM
I don't find anything wrong with MADDY'S vaitherichal.
Now a days YSR is giving continous hit and there is nothing great to talk about ARR's album.What else he can do apart from critiaizing others?
May rest their soul in peace.

MrJudge
25th September 2005, 11:01 AM
Selvaragavan may direct Vijay after he completes Puthupettai with Danush. Also Ameer is going to direct Jeeva and his brother again after his Paruththi Veeran.

2 more movies on YSR's way!

MADDY
25th September 2005, 01:12 PM
xml, i'm indeed feeling jealous after seeing YSR's hit movies like dass, OKK, KNM's terrific audio opening......gr8 isn't it.....

and if u dunt mind pls edit ur post- it shuld be "may their soul rest in peace" rather than "May rest their soul in peace".....thanks and regards.....

Scale
25th September 2005, 01:38 PM
xml :roll:

After a long time!!! Have heard about you from RS, a perfect link provider....... Anyhow, Welcome back!

Wondering! Is there any 1 YSR fan not a IR fan and/or after 1992's era?

njv
25th September 2005, 05:20 PM

After a long time!!! Have heard about you from RS, a perfect link provider....... Anyhow, Welcome back!

Is there any 1 AARR fan, not a IR and and/or after 85 era? If yes, then yes.

Scale
25th September 2005, 07:50 PM

Is there any 1 AARR fan, not a IR and and/or after 85 era? If yes, then yes.

Njv!, Yeah!

There are several A(nti)ARR fan(s), not a singe YSR fan earnestly (fully HC/ IR fans) after 2000 era.

MADDY
25th September 2005, 11:01 PM
yaa scale u have raised a valid point here.....this has been itching in my minds for a long time.....IS THERE ANY YSR FAN WHO IS NOT A FAN OF IR & FAMILY....cos i see all HC YSR fans r none but the extra-loyal IR fans like xml,nattamai etc.etc... so wat is the base of YSR here...is he just a by-product of IR?????

Sanjeevi
26th September 2005, 12:12 AM
hi scale, maddy and some other :x

He is a son of IR. He is a master piece of IR.

appuram mukkiyama
YSR is making successful and great music currently. That is most important one.

If he did not make any good music, they why we will be fan of YSR?. As a IR son we expect a lot from him. He has to fulfill and should satisfy the expectations. Think, how difficult is this? His plus and minus is the same. Yes he is son of the Mastro Ilaiyaraja.

Sanjeevi
26th September 2005, 12:18 AM
man, is that a news???

IR sang for YSR in Nandha at the request of Bala. I don't think IR sings often for YSR but in KR's case it is different.

In AIBI, all songs are sung by YSR himself. All are solo except one by IR & YSR singing together. Also one song was composed after choreography was done. Source: Dhinamani

The link

http://tamil.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/16092005-5.shtml
http://cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/16092005-5.shtml

:thumbsup:

Laila praises all the songs in KNM at this week kalki weekly.

MrJudge
26th September 2005, 08:07 AM
yaa scale u have raised a valid point here.....this has been itching in my minds for a long time.....IS THERE ANY YSR FAN WHO IS NOT A FAN OF IR & FAMILY....cos i see all HC YSR fans r none but the extra-loyal IR fans like xml,nattamai etc.etc... so wat is the base of YSR here...is he just a by-product of IR?????

yaa maddy u have raised a valid point here.....this has been itching in my minds for a long time.....IS THERE ANY ARR FAN WHO LIKES IR & FAMILY....cos i see all HC ARR fans r none but the extra-vayitherichchal ARR fans like alias, scale, you etc.etc... so wat is the base of rejecting YSR here...is this just because he is son of IR?????

Scale
26th September 2005, 11:02 AM

yaa maddy u have raised a valid point here.....this has been itching in my minds for a long time.....IS THERE ANY ARR FAN WHO LIKES IR & FAMILY....cos i see all HC ARR fans r none but the extra-vayitherichchal ARR fans like alias, scale, you etc.etc... so wat is the base of rejecting YSR here...is this just because he is son of IR?????

Take a pill of Amlodac.to pacify your high blood pressure and a couple of tea spoon of Digene to control you acidity...Then come back to your desktop to reply again...Health is every important....ARR hatred should not deteriorate one's heath.....ARR himself is very particular about it.

Courtesy: ARRYAHOO GROUPS - KARTHIK

Scale
26th September 2005, 11:21 AM
Sanjeevi! My query was a personal observation and havent found any 1 YSR fan earnestly here. Only you, nattamai, karthik_sa whom I find as YSR fans are ex HC-IR fans (b4 ARR's era) & too good in writing reviews in tamil.

Whereas, You wont find any 1 ARR fan in the whole group bashing IR/YSR/anyone unnecessarily. Everyone of us have high regards to IR & family. Maddy's the most fav song is itself IR's one and has accepted it several times in this forum. Even alias have liked many of IR's compositions, YSR - AA and praised them in their respective threads. Only ppl like Mr.Judge,ezy compare the legend with others by filthy language.

Check my review on TIS too.

Thats the spirit we(ARR fans) have in music (anyones) and we always welcome any newcomers irrespective of the family background. Take ARR himself, how many MD's, singers he has introduced to the industry.... Even there was a instance ARR invitied Bhavatharani to sing a song for him but IR & family refused.

popeye11
26th September 2005, 06:54 PM
Reading all the statements from ppl who claim to be ARR fans, makes one thing evident and reminds of a famous tamil saying.." Thavakala (Frog) kenathula vukkandhutu adhu dhan vulagamnu nenachidhan" People think that only ARR can give good music and every other album is junk.

When u guys say Arinthum Ariyamalum, Kanda Naal Mudhal and Ghajini is a flop it is like saying Taal a flop. Kanna mooditu summa vaayku vandhatha pesathinga paa.. Every one knows the number of hits given by ARR in the recent times even Ah Ahh being a mediocre stuff from rehman.

alias
26th September 2005, 09:14 PM
Judge, It does not suit from you saying about extra-vayitherichchal ARR fans . You are master of Vayitherichal. Every ARR album for you is a crap and u compare with junk albums like OKK and ONOK. In your weblog even before the album of Aa Aaha is released, you started critizing it calling it mediocore. So you dont talk about vayaitherichals.

I was first one to say in Anniyan post that AA (from YSR) is much better than Anniyan and I would prefer AA than Anniyan. So we are not predujice like you dude. I honestly accept that I like 7GRC, Manmadan (some songs) and KNM (some songs) and I have praised it. Not like you. GIve me one post where you have praised one ARR album or song.

And I still say proudly that Andhi Mazhai is my all time fav. song and Agni Natchitram is a classic album. But you guys are hypocrates. Because YSR is from IR family, you appoint him as a competitor for ARR since his dad is no position to take over ARR. Shame on you guys.

popeye, If a mediocore album of ARR can beat the overrated albums of other MD, then where will be the competition if ARR comes up a classic album? u decide it.

MADDY
26th September 2005, 11:48 PM
popeyye, KNM is a big flop....it has opened pretty badly with sales not doing that well....ask any audio cassette stores or music world..okkk....YSR is a bubble to burst.....y does he have to copy T.Rajendran's tunes if he has so much talent????he has disgraced IR's name.....

mr.judge, mine was a serious question, i really want to know whether there is any YSR fan who is not a IR fan......and for ur question, all ARR fans like IR but hate their fans, okkk....i dunno if u know it already, my most fav TFM song is a IR song......TIS was discussed in ARR-yahoo groups as well....i think it answers ur twisted query on me....now u answer me- is there a YSR fan who is not a fan of IR....

sanjeevi, when did laila bcame musically so equipped that u r happy for her comments.....keep dreaming dude, KNM is gonna be big flop........it is going to fail miserably at audio,Box-office.....anyone there to take up my challenge,,,,, nattamai ran away from A Ah challenge....heehehehe//

alias
26th September 2005, 11:58 PM
Maddy, tell me one question which Nattamai answered straight? :lol: If he cannot answer, he simply escapes from that thread or twist to next question.

Wait until next ARR release, even before the release, he will start predicting that songs are not good and compare with dud albums of IR and YSR :)

MrJudge
27th September 2005, 07:42 AM
popeyye, KNM is a big flop....it has opened pretty badly with sales not doing that well....ask any audio cassette stores or music world..okkk.....y does he have to copy T.Rajendran's tunes if he has so much talent????he has disgraced IR's name.....

Cool down maddy or atleast ask Scale what to take for your problem, he has given some nice prescriptions :) I think as long as YSR stays out of remixing arr's songs, he has not disgraced IR's name.

YSR is a bubble to burst....

just like the bursted arr? hehehe...Your wish will not come true.

mr.judge, mine was a serious question, i really want to know whether there is any YSR fan who is not a IR fan....

You always worry about what other person is liking/doing. I don't think people like him just because he is IR's son. If that is the case, Bhava and KR should have been liked by many people here. But I don't see the same enthu here. Yuvan is talented who is also a son of IR. You may find the answer if you go to the YSR yahoo forum. There are YSR fans who are non-IR fans in that forum.

sanjeevi, when did laila bcame musically so equipped that u r happy for her comments.....

Laila is a person just like you and me. She has said what she thinks of the movie/songs. are you and me musically so equipped to comment an album? If you don't like her comments, you can very well ignore instead of questioing it. That is the easiest way!

keep dreaming dude, KNM is gonna be big flop........it is going to fail miserably at audio,Box-office.....anyone there to take up my challenge,,,,, nattamai ran away from A Ah challenge....heehehehe//

KNM is by a lady director. I think there is a 50:50 chance here, because lady directors have not given any commercial hits. But it will do better than a..ah.. which received a thundu recently! Are you waiting for a flop movie/songs? wait for GF.

rsubras
27th September 2005, 10:42 AM
judge pesarathelam paartha what i feel is he have some personal grudge against rahman :) probably one of those producers who waited in the long queue bfore rahman and who could not get rahman's music....

konjam kaathai thiranthu vachikiteenganna ungalukku BOSE (tamil) sathathai thandi BOSE (hindi) music ketkum.... athaiyum konjam kettu paarunga naina.

YSR is great, have the capacity to become all time great ellam okay than...but athu entha vagai la ungalukku ARR mela ivvalo pagaimai valarthu vittirukku? Ilaiyaraja sir eh ARR ah paaraturaaru...oru virothiya paarkama, than polave music la saathichitu irukkara oru thozhara paarkurar.ungaluku mattum en intha vanmam? YSR kum IR kum irukkara greatnessla, pakkkuvathula 100 il oru pangu ungalukku irunthuchunna music ah mattum kelunga, kaazhpunarchi valarthukatheenga....... ungala vachi ellorum YSR ah kevalama ninaichikka poranga.. pavam avar..valara vendiya paiyan

xml
27th September 2005, 07:58 PM
YSR makes all his album succesful from the begening.Those who can't digest YSR's succes will always come forward to critisize.It is just waste of energy for them.

xml
27th September 2005, 07:59 PM
YSR makes all his album succesful from the begening.Those who can't digest YSR's succes will always come forward to critisize.It is just waste of energy for them.