PDA

View Full Version : YSR's New Albums

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

xml
27th September 2005, 08:01 PM
YSR makes all his album succesful from the begening.Those who can't digest YSR's succes will always come forward to critisize.It is just waste of energy for them.

rsubras
27th September 2005, 09:59 PM
enna boss ungalukke santhegama irunthucha unga statement la illa ithukku munnadi elam vittutu iruntheengala....... sonnathaiye 3 thadavai solreenga

saringa neenga sonnatha eduthukalam.... here is the list of YSR's films (net la eduthathu)

7/G Rainbow colony - SUPER HIT
Aravindhan - FLOP, Songs Average
Adhu - FLOP
April Maadhathil - FLOP MOVIE WITH GOOD SONGS
Arindhum Ariyaamalum - SUPER HIT
Bose - FLOP
Dheena - SUPER HIT
Ethiree - FLOP
Junior Senior - FLOP
Kaadhal Konden - SUPER HIT
Kurumbu - FLOP, SONGS AVERAGE HIT
Manadhai Thirudi Vittai - FLOP, SONGS AVERAGE HIT
Manmadhan - SUPER HIT
Mounam Pesiyadhe - HIT
Nandhaa - HIT
Oru kallooriyin Kadhai - FLOP
Perazhagan - FILM HIT, SONGS FLOP
Poovellaam Kettuppaar - FLOP, SONGS HIT
Popcarn - UTTER FLOP
Pudhiya Geethai - FLOP
Pudhukottaiyilirundhu Saravanan - FLOP, WITH ONE GOOD SONG
Punnagai Poove - AVERAGE, SONGS AVERAGE HIT
Raam - HIT
Rishi - FLOP
Thennavan - UTTER FLOP
Thulluvatho Ilamai - HIT, SONGS SUPER HIT
Unakkaaga Ellaam Unakkaaga - FLOP

i might have missed some more films, but it is not my fault, i took it from the website...

rsubras
27th September 2005, 10:03 PM
aduthu udane ithe pola A.R.Rahman list ah neenga thayaar pannunga :)

actually i like YSR very much, 2nd only to A.R.Rahman, he has not yet shown his full potential IMHO

Sanjeevi
27th September 2005, 10:22 PM
Some Corrections

Adhu - FLOP (No songs in the film)
April Maadhathil - FLOP MOVIE WITH GOOD SONGS (Not Flop movie)
Arindhum Ariyaamalum - SUPER HIT
Bose - FLOP (two Good songs)
Dheena - SUPER HIT
Manadhai Thirudi Vittai - FLOP, SONGS AVERAGE HIT (Songs Hit)
Manmadhan - SUPER HIT
Mounam Pesiyadhe - HIT (Super Hit Songs)
Poovellaam Kettuppaar - FLOP, SONGS HIT (Super Hit Songs) :thumbsup:
Pudhiya Geethai - FLOP (Fight between Vijay and YSR)
Pudhukottaiyilirundhu Saravanan - FLOP, WITH ONE GOOD SONG (Hit Songs)
Raam - HIT (Super Songs)
Rishi - FLOP (Good Songs)
Unakkaaga Ellaam Unakkaaga - FLOP (Good Songs)

Hahahahahahahaha nallavae YSR-i watch panni irukkenga :lol:

app_engine
27th September 2005, 11:22 PM
Manadhai Thirudi Vittai - `manjakkAttu mainA' is one of the best songs Yuvan has produced so far...

alias
27th September 2005, 11:56 PM
Sanjeevi, Here is the correction

Adhu - FLOP (No songs in the film)
April Maadhathil - FLOP MOVIE WITH GOOD SONGS (Average..just pulled 100 days)
Arindhum Ariyaamalum - Not super hit. Hit
Bose - FLOP (Average songs not good)
Dheena - Hit.. Ran only 100 days
Manadhai Thirudi Vittai - FLOP, SONGS AVERAGE HIT (Except Mancha Kathu Maina.. rest flop)
Manmadhan - SUPER HIT
Mounam Pesiyadhe - HIT (Super Hit Songs)
Poovellaam Kettuppaar - FLOP, SONGS HIT (Super Hit Songs)
Pudhiya Geethai - FLOP (Fight between Vijay and YSR)
Pudhukottaiyilirundhu Saravanan - FLOP, (all flop songs)
Raam - Average (Good Songs)
Rishi - FLOP (flop songs)
Unakkaaga Ellaam Unakkaaga - FLOP (flop songs) .First I thought Sirpy is the MD for this after Azhagiya laila song

Nerd
28th September 2005, 02:20 AM
Just wish to add one more YSR movie to your list :)

Kaadhal saamraajyam - Mindblowing songs, movie never hit the screens :(

btw sanjeevi UnakkAga ellAm UnakkAga had good songs?? :rotfl: My bad, I dint pay attention!!

MADDY
28th September 2005, 10:43 AM
so, the verdict is out, YSR has a 40.74% hit rate......JUST PASS......

but looking closely at the statistics, one can see that he has done very well with unknown combos ex:selvaraghavan, Vishnu vardhan were unknown commodities when they did TI and Arindhum Ariyamalum, so YSR garners a lot of points in that.....on the conntrary he has done extremely poor with big banners like prahshanth's winner, vijay's geethai, surya's perazhagan......

so i can safely conclude (strictly IMO) YSR to IR is like Abhishek to Amitabh.....

MrJudge
28th September 2005, 11:07 AM
[tscii:d1f41eeac7]Selvaraghavan attempts novelty in Pudupettai

We all know that Selvaraghavan is extra careful in making Puduppettai because of the heightened expectation about brother Dhanush’s career. He has attempted a novelty in this film. What is it?

Will Sonia Agarwal have a total image make over? Before you run into wild conclusions, please let us clarify that for the first time in the history of Tamil cinema, a film shot in 35 mm will be converted to 70 mm. Besides, the characters have been sharply etched and the performances have been realistic. Let us hope that the film lives up to the hype.

from behindwoods[/tscii:d1f41eeac7]

rsubras
28th September 2005, 11:58 AM
why is that our judge avoids reply and takes a different route whenever there had been direct / difficult questions? :)

Scale
28th September 2005, 12:26 PM
I just read sbadri's sign and understood Nov's sign.

alias
28th September 2005, 08:14 PM
rsubras, He is big time coward who wants to spit venoms against ARR but when they prove him wrong, he escapes. Avoid arguing with cowards :lol:

MrJudge
29th September 2005, 08:16 AM
rsubras, He is big time coward who wants to spit venoms against ARR but when they prove him wrong, he escapes.

alias,

Thanks for your nice words. That shows who you are. It will not take time for me to call you with filthy names, just a few key strokes are enough. But I don't want to get into your (low) level.

Avoid arguing with cowards

Now I realise why vijayr (sorry to bring your name here) stopped arguing with you sometime back.

MrJudge
29th September 2005, 08:19 AM
why is that our judge avoids reply and takes a different route whenever there had been direct / difficult questions? :)

rsubras,

what was your question and when did you ask? Your previous message (to me) looked like an advice.

alias
29th September 2005, 08:25 PM
Hey, you dont talk about stepping low since you already fell low by spitting poison against ARR and his fans. Person like you doesnt deserve good treatment. I can say you are a coward without mistake.

rsubras
29th September 2005, 09:11 PM
dude you are the self appointed lawyer (infact u give the verdict urself..thatz why ur nick) for yuvan shankar raja rite....... regarding the hit rate of yuvan i thought u wud place ur points.............

and regd the question in another post, i was asking why this grudge against ARR...even athukum answer ilale

MrJudge
29th September 2005, 10:20 PM
dude you are the self appointed lawyer (infact u give the verdict urself..thatz why ur nick) for yuvan shankar raja rite....... regarding the hit rate of yuvan i thought u wud place ur points.............

and regd the question in another post, i was asking why this grudge against ARR...even athukum answer ilale

rsubras,

I want to reply but your first line tell me not to bother about your questions. :)

app_engine
13th October 2005, 08:49 PM
http://216.65.197.170/kumudam/121005/pg7.php

Excellent interview by Yuvan...

MumbaiRamki
13th October 2005, 09:19 PM
appa_negine
good interview !!!!!YUvan ,more matured after marriage :)

vijayr
13th October 2005, 09:59 PM
Had a good laugh over following comments:

"team amaiyum bodhu dhaan ella nambikkaiyum veLila varudhu"(and he cites IR as an example)

"en musicla appavoda baadhippu dhaan jaasthi"

rajdes
14th October 2005, 10:40 AM
vijayr, oru chinna suggestion: Eppadiyume Yuvan-ala namma( I include myself here when I say namma) taste-kku isai amaikka mudiyalai. Why bother even listening to his new albums or reading his interviews? - might save you a lot of trouble :-)

mr_karthik
14th October 2005, 11:36 AM
appa_negine
That means, credit goes to his life partner..??. :D

Sanjeevi
14th October 2005, 12:02 PM
appa_negine
That means, credit goes to his life partner..??. :D

YSR wil give credit to his wife and
You should give credit to YSR :D

Shankar
14th October 2005, 12:13 PM
raj,

:-)

MADDY
14th October 2005, 01:34 PM
>>>vijayr, oru chinna suggestion: Eppadiyume Yuvan-ala namma( I include myself here when I say namma) taste-kku isai amaikka mudiyalai. Why bother even listening to his new albums or reading his interviews? - might save you a lot of trouble >>>>>>

rajdes, u seem to be a very balanced person while advicing me on how to post in this forum but y dunt u advice the same to nattamai,shankar,ezy0265,sanjeevi who post in ARR forums unneccesarily when they dunt like rahman...(shankar is an exception where he likes ARR, i think, but he hates us praising him :D ).....yean sir, IR & YSR forumsla tresspass panravangallukuthan advicea???ARR forumsla anu-gunde pottalum kanduka maatingala?

rajdes
14th October 2005, 06:48 PM
Maddy,
1. I am not a moderator of this site. So, I dont read all threads. I dont consider it my duty to judge/punish/berate everyone in this site - if I advised you, or rather suggested to you, it might mean that I see in you a misplaced enthusiasm as against blind fanaticism - so there is a chance of you listening to reason rather than coming back and analysing my personal traits in a graphical manner.
(again, if you took my hints, all I am trying to say is that people have taken your path in this forum (trying to defend one's favourites) before and it leads to nowhere - trust me, when one focusses on one person as a fan and try to 'defend' that person, as against simply enjoying the work of that person, you lose a lot in terms of appreciation of art - trust me on that, I have trodden that path :-)

2.I simply dont visit ARR forums. Only time I did was to read his views on HFM(his candid views matched well with mine after I read that ) - the thread's title mentioned that so I went into it. So, I dont know whats happening there
3. Actually, I bother very little about YSR - he hasnt done enough for me to look forward to his releases. That I did come into this thread shows my bias for IR - it is probably the hope that he will somehow churn out atleast one album worthy of his father's name. And the day I would probably buy a YSR album will be when vijayr praises it here 'cos I trust vijay's judgement and taste:-)

4. My suggestion to vijay was more in his interest rather than that of YSR fans. I would rather prefer him to concentrate on more constructive analysis than wasting his time on self-defeating exercises like stating the obvious facts here to a un-receptive crowd.

vijayr
14th October 2005, 07:47 PM
"Why bother even listening to his new albums or reading his interviews? - might save you a lot of trouble"

rajdes, I dont listen to YSR's albums by default unless otherwise it appears as a pick of the day in tfmpage or elsewhere or someone recommends or I read rave reviews in few sites. Then I just check it out, out of curiosity. I have not completely given up hope on the guy yet.

Reading interviews - I do it even if the interview was given by Sirpi. Interview yaar kuduththa enna-sometimes there might be some interesting info in it. For example when VS gave an interview he mentioned how a particular song of IR affected him or how he approrached a particular situation in Anbe Sivam tc. To me thats interesting as a TFM fan.

vijayr
14th October 2005, 07:53 PM
Rajdes, amongst his recent albums kaNda naaL mudhal was better although that doesnt say a whole lot. You might want to give it a shot, probably you might like it better than I did.

Music4Ever
14th October 2005, 10:39 PM
"en musicla appavoda baadhippu dhaan jaasthi"

IrukkAdhA pinna? Probably even ARR would not be an exception, among the new crop. Recently I liked the Dass song very much (Sokku podi). However, I believe it is definitely inspired from IR's early eighties number "kAttu vazhi pOra poNNE kavala padAdhE". There was one other song in the recent hit Arindhum ariyAmalum (perhaps thee pidikka) which is somewhat inspired from a song in VaLLi (Dingu dongarappapO).

Someone inspired MSV ---> inspired IR -----> inspired a host of MDs including ARR ----> inspired others who started after him (YSR, HJ).

Sanjeevi
14th October 2005, 10:51 PM
Someone inspired MSV ---> inspired IR -----> inspired a host of MDs including ARR ----> inspired others who started after him (YSR, HJ).

Aamaam. Neenga solratthu sarithanungo

One person saw the sky before his son.
His father saw the sky before him.
His grandfa saw the sky before his father
His grandfa's father saw the sky before his grandfa

karthik_sa2
14th October 2005, 11:10 PM
yuvans kanda naal mudhal really rocks.two songs esspecailly "pushing it hard"and "merke merke".yuvan simply rocks

karthik_sa2
16th October 2005, 03:04 AM
[tscii:d7e91ef966]All by Yuvan himself
IndiaGlitz [Friday, October 14, 2005]

Cheran’s home production Azhagay Irrukirai Bayamai Irukiradhu featuring Bharath and Mallika Kapoor is nearing completion.

Directed by cinematographer Vijay Milton, the movie has musical score by Yuvan Shankar Raja.

So what is new in that, you may ask. Well, the highlight of the film is that Yuvan Shankar Raja has sung all the numbers himself. Further, the music album doesn't have any romantic duets.

Bharath has pinned all his hopes on Azhagay Irrukirai Bayamai Irukiradhu.

Let's hope he emerges successful now.[/tscii:d7e91ef966]

rajdes
18th October 2005, 10:07 AM
vijay, glad that you comprehended my post in the right spirit. These days one has to tread cautious while posting even whenone's intentions are honourable.
I see your point about reading about anyone connected with TFM, too. Especially, this guy - irrespective of his personal ability or achievement - being a son of IR, might have some interesting anecdotes about his father, so what you say makes sense.
YSR of Nandha, Mounam Pesiyadhae phase held some promise but I am sad to say that it has petered out in a spate of ordinary(read my words carefully here - I am not saying bad or poor, just ordinary) albums.
Kanda Naal mudhal? Just about okay for me, and one has to credit for that the original composer of "Kanda naal mudhal", which, I suspect is an existing Tamil krithi. Rest of songs just about pass muster.
YSR is struggling to jump the fence betweeen mediocre and good. Hope he gets the right breaks. As of now, Vidyasagar has a better body of work in his career than either of the 2 pretenders YSR or HJ. That guy is declining though so the future of TFM doesnt look all that good. Well, anyway, these things go in cycles so I dont expect another messiah(a la MSV, IR, ARR) in the near future. About 30 years of unquestioned superiority of TFM over HFM might soon perish.

Shankar
18th October 2005, 10:22 AM
Raj,
>>>>>>>>>>
About 30 years of unquestioned superiority of TFM over HFM might soon perish.
<<<<<<<<<<

Hindi is no better...you have anumaliks and himesh reshamiyyas ruling there....So no need to worry about TFM's superiority over hfm.

hfm has this great track record of sidelining talented ppl like uttam singh / shantanu moitra :-)

rajdes
18th October 2005, 02:06 PM
Shankar, there's that ofcourse . But seriously, I think we have been spoilt by the regular appearance of an extraordinary composer at the end of every era. Come to think of it, is it reasonable to expect that in all of India, it will always be in Tamil Nadu that the composer de extraordinaire of every generation emerge :-)

Well, a year ago, did you believe England would win the ashes, let alone so convincingly :-)

vijayr
18th October 2005, 08:04 PM
"About 30 years of unquestioned superiority of TFM over HFM might soon perish."

Rajdes, a couple of things. If at all HFM has to surpass TFM it would happen if Rahman shifted his base to Mumbai and stopped doing TFM altogether.Other than him, most other MDs there are bits-and-pieces guys who manage to give a good song here or there. So worry not.

Regarding a composer emerging every era, someone in DF pointed out long time back the 16-year rule which he made up by observation. I had thought along those lines too. It happens roughly every 16 years. 1960-76, 76-92, 92-2008. 2008 will be when the next wave strikes. So keep up hope for atleast another 3 years :-)

Music4Ever
18th October 2005, 11:01 PM
"Regarding a composer emerging every era, someone in DF pointed out long time back the 16-year rule which he made up by observation. I had thought along those lines too. It happens roughly every 16 years. 1960-76, 76-92, 92-2008. 2008 will be when the next wave strikes. So keep up hope for atleast another 3 years"

ARR's stranglehold on TFM (in the sense of MSV in 1976 and IR in 1992) was over by 2000 though. HJ to a great extent is grabbing attention nowadays, although he doesn't have the clear superiority that MSV, IR, and ARR had during their heydays. That is, YSR and VS are also in the race along with HJ. Therefore, it appears it will be quite some time before we see the emergence of a powerhouse MD like MSV, IR, or ARR.

What I mean is the presence of titans in 1976, 1992 precipitated the emergence of great MDs. But now (after ARR, that is) there are no titans only MDs with imaginary titles.

MADDY
19th October 2005, 01:57 AM
Regarding a composer emerging every era, someone in DF pointed out long time back the 16-year rule which he made up by observation. I had thought along those lines too. It happens roughly every 16 years. 1960-76, 76-92, 92-2008. 2008 will be when the next wave strikes. So keep up hope for atleast another 3 years :-)

super-theory :D ........i still can remember the roja wave, it was absolutely wonderful to see a star being born and mark the beginning of GENX.....i think whoever comes out with such force will get my vote.....ARR's cousin GV prakash is 12 yr old and is addnl programmer for ARR,.....so will he be the 15 yr old sensation to strike tfm at 2008??? :lol: :lol: ....well, i wud definitely go for someone like IR or ARR from a simple background.......

but is there any genre left over by ARR,IR,MSV-TKR,KVM for the next gen guys to xplore???

Shankar
19th October 2005, 09:57 AM
>>>>>>>>>>>
but is there any genre left over by ARR,IR,MSV-TKR,KVM for the next gen guys to xplore???

<<<<<<<<<<

If this were known, we would've had the next gen guy by now :-)....I too had such thot till arr's arrival in 92...Those days, i cudn't explain the difference, but felt it was different from whatever we've listened before...So, till the next guy comes, let's wait.

abbydoss1969
19th October 2005, 08:00 PM
>>>>>>>>>>>

<<<<<<<<<<

If this were known, we would've had the next gen guy by now :-)....I too had such thot till arr's arrival in 92...Those days, i cudn't explain the difference, but felt it was different from whatever we've listened before...So, till the next guy comes, let's wait.

Basically all our musicians have been inspired by indian music and the western popular music of their youth (musicians).

Msv : elvis presley and dean martin kind of strings and piano music

Ir ; western music of 70s like disco and rock and roll + ofcourse
western classical music

Arr ; music of 80s = reggae + syn music

but considering international music is itself stagnating, there is nothing to get inspired from :cry:

vijayr
19th October 2005, 09:39 PM
abbydoss I guess whatever remaining international genres are left to be explored are quickly being gobbled up by the current brand of TFM MDs. But its not just about genres, a trendsetter will have a totally different style/approach than his predecessors and will have different roots. I guess most of us didnt see the 92 wave coming or couldnt predict at that time how it would be, partially because we ourselves were young and didnt know everything about international genres or enough nuance/aspects in music to make such a prediction. Or probably we never bothered to make any such sort of prediction. It just hit us unexpectedly. I too am skeptical whether we would see such a wave ever again and whether we have come a full circle in TFM. US mainstream pop musicleyum adhe gadhi dhaan. Nothing much new.

abbydoss1969
20th October 2005, 06:54 PM
abbydoss I guess whatever remaining international genres are left to be explored are quickly being gobbled up by the current brand of TFM MDs. But its not just about genres, a trendsetter will have a totally different style/approach than his predecessors and will have different roots. I guess most of us didnt see the 92 wave coming or couldnt predict at that time how it would be, partially because we ourselves were young and didnt know everything about international genres or enough nuance/aspects in music to make such a prediction. Or probably we never bothered to make any such sort of prediction. It just hit us unexpectedly. I too am skeptical whether we would see such a wave ever again and whether we have come a full circle in TFM. US mainstream pop musicleyum adhe gadhi dhaan. Nothing much new.

yeah, exactly,but in hindsight the ARR phenomenon was waiting to happen, somebody to give blues based , rhythm based , dance/rock music instead of traditional raga based music , indian musicians usually give.
Considering for more than fifty years we've had indian raga based music, next ten to twenty years we might listen to the western blues/based music till we get tired of it.

vijayr
21st October 2005, 12:01 AM
Getting more pessimistic, there might not be much of a future for TFM at all after a few decades as songs slowly get phased out of films. Ram Gopal Varma has started experimenting with it already in HFM and with western influence visible and spreading in every aspect of films, there might be a new genre of no-song films with MDs just required to do BGM. I dont see it happening any time soon but its a distant possibility.

njv
21st October 2005, 05:12 AM
Ram Gopal Varma has started experimenting

He is one of the "rated" director. He should not be orverrated or even underrated and should be unnoticed. He remake old movies again, with low budger, and with all new actors/actress and cheap directors with out songs. A man who has no creativity and loosing his grip on everything. What a shame.

MADDY
21st October 2005, 07:43 PM

He is one of the "rated" director. He should not be orverrated or even underrated and should be unnoticed. He remake old movies again, with low budger, and with all new actors/actress and cheap directors with out songs. A man who has no creativity and loosing his grip on everything. What a shame.

njv, as i said in kamal thread in IR's section, all hindi movies are not bad....it is tamil which is stinking with hero-worshipping and hindi though having skin-flicks are giving gud movies.....and ramu is the best director in hindi for me as he has openly challenged to end the "laddoo and shaadi" culture movies of yash chopra and karan johar........i think we need a ramu in tamil instead of a AR.murugadoss mmaking remake of english movies....

interesting point vijay, but a songless-tamil movie is impossible in today's scenario........

Sanjeevi
21st October 2005, 10:40 PM
YSR new project is PATTIAL (menu)

After Arindhum Ariyamalum dir vishnuvardhan, prod punnaikai poo geetha and md yuvan have joined again.

nilavupriyan
21st October 2005, 10:51 PM

njv, as i said in kamal thread in IR's section, all hindi movies are not bad....it is tamil which is stinking with hero-worshipping and hindi though having skin-flicks are giving gud movies.....and ramu is the best director in hindi for me as he has openly challenged to end the "laddoo and shaadi" culture movies of yash chopra and karan johar........i think we need a ramu in tamil instead of a AR.murugadoss mmaking remake of english movies....

interesting point vijay, but a songless-tamil movie is impossible in today's scenario........

but already kuridhipunal and pesumpadam have no songs....pesum padam had no dialogues indeed

anyway the present day scenario is not good.....we had balachandar in 70
maniratnam and barathiraja in 80's
kamal gave many good movies in 90's...(guna,mahanadhi,indian,kuridhipunal,sathile elavathi,mmkr,avai shanmughi etc)...remember i didnt bring kamal deliberately

now its so dry.....only bala has that potential...... :cry:

MrJudge
24th October 2005, 06:08 AM
Yuvan has received "Sigaram-15 Naalaiya naayagargal" award for Music category from India Today recently.

Shankar
24th October 2005, 10:04 AM
>>>>>>>
now its so dry.....only bala has that potential...... Crying or Very sad
<<<<<<<

What about ameer/cheran balaji sakthivel ?

nilavupriyan
24th October 2005, 10:54 AM
>>>>>>>
now its so dry.....only bala has that potential...... Crying or Very sad
<<<<<<<

What about ameer/cheran balaji sakthivel ?

in my personal opinion balaji sakthivel has given 2 movies and one is a crap and the other one is good....leave him out

ameer......do u think mounam pesiyadhe and raam are great films?

cheran can be considered a bit.....but his films are too dramatic!..

ok cheran can be considered....but whom do u think as a trend setter.....

all those i have said are trend setters....and got a nationwide response

buddysathi
24th October 2005, 12:13 PM
Read somewhere that selvaraghavan is gonna make a movie without any songs..he too has grt stuff to do it..

Sanjeevi
24th October 2005, 12:24 PM
Read somewhere that selvaraghavan is gonna make a movie without any songs..he too has grt stuff to do it..

That is India Today. He also added that he wanted to make pudupet without songs then finally decided to insert songs into the film and YSR is trying to give his best in BGM.

Read news about Pattial

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=13970173

vijayr
24th October 2005, 07:50 PM
"He also added that he wanted to make pudupet without songs then finally decided to insert songs into the film'

sounds like what Manirathnam said after Alaipaayudhe

balaji
24th October 2005, 10:07 PM
Vijayr

"sounds like what Manirathnam said after Alaipaayudhe " ==> Wasn't that after Ayudha Ezhuthu/Yuva??

Bala

Shankar
25th October 2005, 09:58 AM
balaji,
u r right...It was for AE. Actually, he wanted just "jana gaNa " and then decided to have all the songs.

rsubras
25th October 2005, 11:01 AM
Shankar,
actually after Iruvar, before every film of Manirathnam it is being said, he is gonna make the next film without songs :)

that includes alaipayuthe too...... but in AE he seriously tried implementing that bfore Rahman stepped in for the delight of us :)

nilavupriyan
25th October 2005, 09:48 PM
balaji,
u r right...It was for AE. Actually, he wanted just "jana gaNa " and then decided to have all the songs.

maniratnam said that he wanted the film totally without songs....only background music.....but after hearing the background composition of arr.....he changed his mind

abbydoss1969
26th October 2005, 07:31 PM
balaji,

maniratnam said that he wanted the film totally without songs....only background music.....but after hearing the background composition of arr.....he changed his mind

Maniratnam said that he wanted the film totally without any songs .... but he wanted songs for the audio album.later when he heard the songs he realised it was difficult not to use them :wink:

app_engine
26th October 2005, 11:43 PM
http://sify.com/news/fullstory.php?id=13972920
...kaNakkil varAdha paNam...

hariprasadb23
31st October 2005, 10:51 AM
this forum was started as ysr new albums but as usual everyone has started comparing with other md songs. knm is really good .merke merke and panithuli are really mind blowing
waiting for future release kalvanin kathali and aibi{alagai irukirai bayamai irukirathu}

karthik_sa2
7th November 2005, 05:01 PM
yes kanda naal mudhal is really good.infact one more song 'pushing it hard"is also really good.
selvas one of the biggest assets of his movies is music of YSr.though bgm will be the main part of selvas movies,songs r also important as the film can get publicity even bfore its release.so far yuvan has been the main ingridient inselvas hits.hope it continues with pudhupet also.

Sanjeevi
8th November 2005, 04:15 PM
Vallavan audio is going to release. I think Vallavan will be released before Pudupet.

MrJudge
15th November 2005, 05:15 PM
Sandak kozhi preview is out now... so it may hit the stores soon.

MrJudge
19th November 2005, 06:26 PM
Another old IR-song is remixed for Kalvanin Kathali...

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/18312.html

interz
19th November 2005, 07:14 PM
i think sj soorya is delighted with it, another katti pidida craze, and more troubles with censors,

but on other hand its going to interesting how yuvan will retune/or remix the song

hariprasadb23
22nd November 2005, 06:45 PM
yuvan 's future projects
1.kalvanin kadhali -s j suriya and nayanthara
2.sandaikozhi -dir. lingusamy
3.alagai irukkirai - barath
4.kd - dir.jothikrishna and ravikrishna
5. pudhupettai -selva raghavan and dhanush
6.paruthiveeran ameer and karthi
7.vallavan simbhu
8.pattyal -arya and barath
and two telugu movies allu arjun and nithin movie
does anybody know any other project

hariprasadb23
22nd November 2005, 06:50 PM
sandai kozhi and kalvanin kadhali songs are going to release soon .paper advertisements have come

Sanjeevi
22nd November 2005, 06:55 PM
hi hariprasadb23 welcome,

you have missed

1) Kanda Naal Mudhal
2) Beema ?????? (lingusamy's next film with vikram)

Renault
22nd November 2005, 08:33 PM
Sanjeevi,

Vikram's Bhima, I guess will have Vidyasagar as the MD. I read this somewhere and it seems he also is Vikram's fav MD.

Good thing about Vidyasagar is that he will give predictable yet listenable music.

Bad thing is of course one mandatory Udit Narayanan song and his predictable nature of songs (eg: yeh pangali, Aruvaa meesai, etc).

app_engine
22nd November 2005, 09:11 PM
http://www.dailythanthi.com/cn/cn_home.asp?issuedate=11/22/2005&secid=2

thanikkudiththanam...

k_vanan
23rd November 2005, 06:13 AM
agaram- dir. of Aravindhan

Sanjeevi
25th November 2005, 10:31 AM
sandai kozhi and kalvanin kadhali songs are going to release soon .paper advertisements have come

Sandai Kozhi released out today

MrJudge
26th November 2005, 07:37 PM
Sandakkozhi audio was released yesterday. I could get hold of the CD. It has five songs and couple of songs are folk based.. Vijay Jesudas and shreya's thaavani potta theepavali is my pick!

KNM movie is coming to theaters on Dec 1st....

sanje
27th November 2005, 02:50 AM
listen to it at raaga.com

Sanjeevi
30th November 2005, 12:39 PM

Sandai Kozhi released out today

Kalvanin kadhali has come out also

Shankar
30th November 2005, 04:05 PM
Kalvanin kadhali sounds way too repetitive...Is Ysr running out of ideas ?

MrJudge
30th November 2005, 04:24 PM
Kalvanin kadhali sounds way too repetitive...Is Ysr running out of ideas ?

intha paatte sj surya-vukku athigampa....KK songs non-veg ragam and it will do better business than SK in the audio circle....

MrJudge
30th November 2005, 04:25 PM
was looking for neththu raaththri remix but it comes just as one liner in kudokooli song :(

interz
30th November 2005, 08:05 PM
Kalvanin KAthali songs are Great, but sandai KOzhi songs are really dissapointing, Sandai KOzhi songs typical dangoothu songs. Lingusamy what have u done???

inetk
30th November 2005, 09:01 PM
Sandakkozhi. Kalvanin Kaadhali. 100 words each.

http://www.milliblog.blogspot.com/

app_engine
30th November 2005, 09:11 PM
http://www.dailythanthi.com/cn/cn_home.asp?issuedate=11/29/2005&secid=2

Bhava also thanikkudiththanam...

popeye11
1st December 2005, 09:34 AM
Kalvanin Kadhali Songs are awesome! New sounds and awesome sound mixing. YUVAN RULES!

MrJudge
1st December 2005, 10:44 AM
Kalvanin KAthali songs are Great, but sandai KOzhi songs are really dissapointing, Sandai KOzhi songs typical dangoothu songs. Lingusamy what have u done???

interz:

I think SK songs though sound dappanguththu will fit to the movie very much. From the songs, it looks like the movie will be a mixture of Devar magan and Chinna Gounder.

Is the album better than G?

Sanjeevi
1st December 2005, 11:47 AM
Sandakkozhi. Kalvanin Kaadhali. 100 words each.

Nice review. :)

inetk
1st December 2005, 09:31 PM
Thanks Sanjeevi!

karthik_sa2
1st December 2005, 10:59 PM
just heard kalvanin kadhali.as usual yuvan has come up with a rollicking music again.first song and the tajmahal song r the pick of the album though all the songs r good.naethu raathiri remix is also great though charanam seems to be not the exact tune of naethu raathiri
sandai kozhi songs innum kaekala.will have to listen today.
yuvan the next arr

Sanjeevi
2nd December 2005, 12:19 PM
Wov

certainly Kalvanin Kadhali will be a super hit in music area. Yuvan really rocks. :thumbsup:

Also Sandai Kozhi has at least two good songs (Thavani pott, Ketta kodukkura) :thumbsup:

MrJudge
2nd December 2005, 06:43 PM
njv:

Have you heard KK songs? any opinion of this SJS starrer? :)

Actually this album is a sweet surprise, did not expect this much good music for a new comer and SJS from Yuvan.....Any possibility for Yuvan working on Puli?

karthik_sa2
2nd December 2005, 09:53 PM
Another old IR-song is remixed for Kalvanin Kathali...

yuvan remixes oldies of Ir not bcos he has run out of ideas.IR's songs r evergreen. whenever his songs r played in the theatre,it gets a roaring response even now.so yuvan just remixes them just to enthrall the crowd and bring them alive.it has worked wonders for him so far.in kurumbu" aasai noor vagai" made the crowd even to dance in the theatre."theepidika<not from Ir> is also a big hit" and "amulu kuti" is also a hit.so its not that yuvan has run out of ideas.i am saying this cos i saw in some thread pepole saying that yuvan has run out of ideas just bcos he remixes oldies of Ir

app_engine
2nd December 2005, 10:38 PM
http://www.hindu.com/fr/2005/12/02/stories/2005120200150200.htm

KNM has a good review...

karthik_sa2
2nd December 2005, 11:34 PM
A starry evening
[Wednesday, November 30, 2005]
It was a delightful gathering of stars from the tinsel town at Albert Theatre on Tuesday for the audio release of Kalvanin Kadhali. The movie starring S J Suryah and Nayantra has musical scores by Yuvan Shankar Raja.

Releasing the audio, actor Kamal Haasan, said, 'I listened to a couple of tunes from the movie and I was greatly impressed with Yuvan's works. Until a few months ago, I was apprehensive about Yuvan's talent. Today he has proved his worth and has come a long way,' he added.

Heaping praises on Suryah, Kamal recalled that Suryah had met him several times to work as his assistant few years ago for his Marudha Nayakam. Since it could not take off, I advised Suryah to concentrate on becoming a director.

'Speaking on the occasion, Suryah said, 'When director Tamilvannan narrated the story to me, I was impressed and I immediately decided to do the role. It's a movie which will suit my image. A romantic entertainer filled with humor is Kalvanin Kadhali. I enjoyed my role as actor in the movie and never interfered in the work of Tamilvannan.'An actor should understand the burden of director and thankfully my debut movie had an understanding and a co-operative star like Suryah,' he added.

Among those who gathered at the audio-launch included producers A V M Saravanan and S S Chakravarthy, actors Vijay, Jeeva and Ramesh, actresses Nayantra and Namitha, and directors Ezhil and Subramania Siva.

so praise from the legend himself.yuvan rocks..

courtesy indiaglitz.com
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/Events/8484.html

MADDY
3rd December 2005, 01:11 AM
njv:

Have you heard KK songs? any opinion of this SJS starrer? :)

Actually this album is a sweet surprise, did not expect this much good music for a new comer and SJS from Yuvan.....Any possibility for Yuvan working on Puli?

Puli is almost dropped according to some sources......

popeye11
3rd December 2005, 04:34 AM
Sanda Kozhi Songs are equally good!
Ennamo nadakirathe, dhavani, suriyane has good music.. and so are the other songs!
Whether it is Folk, Western or a blend .. Yuvan RuleS!

Sanjeevi
3rd December 2005, 09:21 AM
Yes YSR's Kalvanin Kadhali is a sweet surprise from a new director Tamilvanan. The director may come in the row Selvaragavan, Ameer, Simbhu, Vishnuvarthan.

SJS praises a lot about YSR's music in this film at this week kumudam magazine. "Piramatha paduthu irukkaru. 5 pattu, ovvonnum ovvoru vitham. Nethu rathiri mix pattu theatr-la pattaiya kilappa poguthu nichayam". He also adds the story of the film is director Tamilvanan's real story.

nilavupriyan
3rd December 2005, 09:53 AM
"dhavani potta deepavali" rocks...but other songs are not upto his level!

he is struggling to compose folk songs unlike his father who is the best in composing folk songs!

Sanjeevi
3rd December 2005, 10:29 AM
YSR should keep this,

20 varusathukku munnadi IR - iyum
10 varusathukku munnadi ARR - iyum partha mathiri irukku.

Like IR, YSR is trying to give all kind of songs, music to make variety.

reagan87
3rd December 2005, 11:05 AM
Kalvanyn Kadhaali has got me blowned away! Wonderful soundtrack, could be arguably one of the best album this year. What a pleasant surprise from Kalvanyn Kadhali.

hariprasadb23
4th December 2005, 11:34 AM
i heard to both sk and kk
sandai kozhi : movie is in village setup hence we can expect some folk songs but two is not needed in this time when young generation are liking western music. thavani potta,ketta kodukkara and ennomo are good songs.thavani is pick of the album .on the whole a mediocre album which can raise when the movie clicks

kalvanin kadhali:
this album is definitely going to rock.enno kangal ,tajmahal, and small bit song from ranjith are awesome.very good orchestration.

MrJudge
6th December 2005, 10:46 AM

he is struggling to compose folk songs unlike his father who is the best in composing folk songs!

I think he is getting better .....mundaasu sooriyane and ketta kodukkara are far better than his prev.compositions..

Sanjeevi
7th December 2005, 11:51 AM
[tscii:911aac34b4]Music Review

Sandai Kozhi - Racy and pacy
IndiaGlitz [Friday, December 02, 2005]
Lingusamy is back with Sandai Kozhi. Featuring Chellamae fame Vishal, the movie has Meera Jasmine and Raj Kiran in the lead roles.

Lingusamy says, 'it is an interesting movie. The idea is to appeal to all the sections’.

Produced by GK Film Corporation, the movie has musical score by Yuvan Shankar Raja.

It has five numbers that are a mix of western and folk numbers.

1.Ennamo Nadakkirathe (Shaan)

A typical Yuvan Shankar number with lively rhythms and high-pitched voice. It is a youthful number written by Na Muthukumar.Shaan's voice is refreshing. The song picks up speed as it evolves. It is a kind of number that has an instant appeal to the youths.

2.Dhavanipotta Deepavali (Vijay Yesudas, Shreya Ghoshal)

This is again A fusion of folk and western music ---something that was almost patented by Yuvan’s father Ilayaraja. The son shows he is the chip off the old block. With Shreya Ghoshal for company, Vijay Yesudas has done a good job rendering his voice. However one is reminded of the song Theradi Veedhiyil from the movie Run, directed by Lingusamy himself. The banjo and the percussions again take the centre stage here.

3. Gumthalakkadi Gana (Karthik, Ranjith)

As the first line of the song itself shows, this is a racy stuff sure to make it to the top of the audio-charts. Begins as a local 'Ganaa'number, the song goes on to catch a western tune. The highlight of the song is the good lyrics by Na Muthukumar. Describing the mood among students on the farewell day at a college, the song is sure to catch the attention of youths. Karthik is a live wire and Ranjith is an able foil to him.

4. Mundasu Sooriyane (Karthik, Sriram)

Apparently a song describing the rich legacy of a village chieftain played by Raj Kiran in the movie, the song has brisk music with Sriram rendering it with grace with his strong voice. Karthik chips in with his best. Provides a different sound not heard before in Yuvan's music.

5. Ketta Kodukkira Boomi (Jassie Gift, Sujatha, Ganga,Chinmayee) Perhaps the pick of the album. A racy and pacy number with Jassie Gift at his full-flow, the song is set in a rural milieu and provides Yuvan to try his hand at different instruments. Quite typical to his father, known for his earthy tunes, Yuvan has come out with a song, which not only retains the earthy feel but also the pace.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/musicreview/7823.html[/tscii:911aac34b4]

Sundar12345
10th December 2005, 05:56 PM
YSR is truely getting better and better everyday.

I have all his collections from aravindan to sandakozhi. It is truely amazing for one to listen to songs of sandakozhi and kalvannin kadhali. SJ Surya has another superhit movie in store. It will musically AZAM. HATS OFF TO THIS GREAT YOUNG YSR.

Sanjeevi
11th December 2005, 12:33 PM
Kalvanin Kadhali at top of the charts. Sandai kozhi comes second.

http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/top10.asp

:thumbsup:

Sanjeevi
12th December 2005, 03:03 PM
[tscii:e90386ef28]Deadly combo is back!

The audio market is gung-ho about the music launch of Selvaraghavan directed Dhanush’s Puthupet releasing next week.
The music by Yuvan Shankar Raja has always spelled magic in Selva films like Thulluvatho Ilamai, Kathal Kondein and 7-G Rainbow Colony.

Selva-Yuvan combo is hot among the youth as they know the pulse of the young audience who matters most as far as sales are concerned.

HIT music the audio company which had brought the rights for the film feels that it will usher in a new wave of Tamil pop music which will rock.!

[/tscii:e90386ef28]

NagaS
13th December 2005, 10:33 AM
I heard YSR's akaram was released last week - any reviews ? I don't see the CDs in any bangalore (errr ... bengaluru) music stores :(

NagaS

Sanjeevi
13th December 2005, 11:44 AM
I heard YSR's akaram was released last week - any reviews ? I don't see the CDs in any bangalore (errr ... bengaluru) music stores :(

NagaS

Akaram's MD is YSR? I think it is Karthik Raja

NagaS
13th December 2005, 03:21 PM
No, Sanjeevi, it is YSR, It is Directed by YSR's debut movie (aravindhan) director, and I saw the trailer too, with YSR's name

NagaS

Tamilan
14th December 2005, 09:53 AM
The much awaited Yuvan's PUDUPETTAI by Selvaraghavan will be released on tomorrow.

Sanjeevi
14th December 2005, 10:40 AM
Can't wait

july
14th December 2005, 09:22 PM

I think he is getting better .....mundaasu sooriyane and ketta kodukkara are far better than his prev.compositions..

Agreed...Well said 8-)

july
14th December 2005, 09:22 PM
The much awaited Yuvan's PUDUPETTAI by Selvaraghavan will be released on tomorrow.

oh..man cant wait...i thought next week... r u sure tomorrow :D :D :D

july
14th December 2005, 09:24 PM
Agaram not sound like YSR :( very bad compositions...

inetk
14th December 2005, 11:45 PM
Agaram. In 100 'naruk' words.

interz
15th December 2005, 05:06 AM
Worst songs from yuvan shankaraja. 23 (appr.) minutes of waste. i hope puthupeddai songs are much much better than this.

Sanjeevi
15th December 2005, 09:48 AM

oh..man cant wait...i thought next week... r u sure tomorrow :D :D :D

ya releasing today

NagaS
15th December 2005, 12:55 PM
Where can we listen to agaram songs ? (Or, If CDs available in blr, please let me know the shop details :)

NagaS

jaiganes
15th December 2005, 01:10 PM
Hi Naga!

When Did you come back from Middle East?
How do you find Chill Bengaluru?

Dheenaa2
15th December 2005, 05:13 PM
U can download the Agaram songs from this link

http://www.tamilbeat.com/tamilsongs/newreleases/Agaram

ansa400
15th December 2005, 05:39 PM
Pudupet has got only 3 songs!

Check out this link:
http://www.behindwoods.com/features/News/News37/12-11-05e/tamil-movies-news-selvaraghavan.html

july
15th December 2005, 10:39 PM

Check out this link:
http://www.behindwoods.com/features/News/News37/12-11-05e/tamil-movies-news-selvaraghavan.html

The other emphasize in this movie is the music and the film has only three songs that to which are very closely related to the situation

3 songs for related situation :p

i dont think only 3 song , coz most of selvaraghavan movie is musical hit too... so must have atleast 7 :D

MrJudge
16th December 2005, 10:09 AM
Saw KNM last week and it's a bad one IMO.....

Sandakozhi is good according to sify:

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/review.php?id=14049504&ctid=5&cid=2429

MrJudge
16th December 2005, 10:12 AM

Check out this link:

Yesterday the shops did not have it.. should be available today.
The audio should have the theme music recorded in Bangkok....

july
16th December 2005, 10:33 AM

Check out this link:

Yesterday the shops did not have it.. should be available today.
The audio should have the theme music recorded in Bangkok....

hope it available...by today...
no much hype on audio releases :?

MrJudge
16th December 2005, 12:16 PM
Got hold of PP cd... the album has 10 tracks but only four songs..

Kamalhassan, Dhanush , YSR, Tanvi and Vijay Yesudas have sung the tracks.....other tracks more like instrumentals...from the first listening, YSR just rocks!

MrJudge
16th December 2005, 01:12 PM
Here are the tracks:

1. Puthupettai main theme: survival of the fittest
2. a peek in to assasin's life: neruppu vaayinil - Kamalhassan
3. our story: enga yeriyaa - Dhanush
4. selling dope: the beginning
5. it all comes down to this: oru naalil - YSR
6. going thru emotions: prelude
7. gangster's marriage party: pul pesum poo pesum - Tanvi, Vijay Jesudas
8. night life: varriyaa
9. clash of the titans: the war cry
10. oru naalil - composer's dream mix

the album sounds so fresh....anyone else listened to it?

Sanjeevi
16th December 2005, 01:41 PM
How is PP songs? any review?

MrJudge
16th December 2005, 05:07 PM
Puthupettai album is just amazing....hats off to Selva and YSR for a great treat. a strong contender for "Album of the year"

july
16th December 2005, 10:33 PM
Guys songs are ROCKSSSSSSS BIG TIME :lol: ... worth waiting for this great album..Real deadly Combo YSR & Selvaraghavan...

i feel all song are perfectly suit for the situation created in the movie, after listen to this album...

songs are totaly diff from YSR previous releases...cant stop from listening this album.. 8-)

after lot of lame releases..now we can have this great album as a treat for our ear :P

p.s it will be more better..if more song provided rather than theme :?

YSR ROCKSSSSSSSS....

sureshmehcnit
16th December 2005, 10:46 PM
here is my review on the album. Take it as just my opinion

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2005/12/pudupettai-music-review.html

popeye11
17th December 2005, 12:44 AM
Is the album available online for listening? raaga does not have it yet!.. Cant wait to listen to the album.

ezy0265
17th December 2005, 07:53 AM
It does not matter what some 'vayuttherucchal payals' maybe hastily saying here. PP truely and surely rocks big time and is another milestone for YSR.

Excellent music!

Guess if the movie lives up to this music standard, it is another hit for Selva and Dhanush.

sureshmehcnit
17th December 2005, 08:34 AM
hey, ezy12345...

Yuvan is not my enemy and nor i am an enemy of Good Music. I have always loved his style of music. You know i bought his "Agaram" album too. That much faith i have in him. Why should a common man be envious of a composer who delivers good music. I think we have to restrict our comments on just music and not on one who comments about the music. True, the soundtrack has got a darinlgy different sound, but we will be able to say whether it is great or not only after watching the movie. Right now, it is good but not rocking (atleast to me) as you guys say.

popeye11
17th December 2005, 09:37 AM
It does not matter what some 'vayuttherucchal payals' maybe hastily saying here. PP truely and surely rocks big time and is another milestone for YSR.

Excellent music!

Guess if the movie lives up to this music standard, it is another hit for Selva and Dhanush.

Holy Cow! Cant find no words to write a review on this album.. this guy is awesome! excellenet music compositions! This is at a level where u can compare with hollywood scores!

The Pul pesum song is amazing. and so are all the songs!..

I ill have to find words to actually write accoldaes for the team!

"Awesome" in one word.

12bums
17th December 2005, 10:06 AM
I am currently listening to the PP theme. Mind Blowing!!

12bums
17th December 2005, 10:15 AM
The acoustic guitar and the violin interlude in the 'oru naalil' song is awesome. I wish his father takes a cue from and returns to his music making roots.

LooseControl
17th December 2005, 11:07 AM
Themes sounds different, but nothing when compared to "Bose" themes by A R R. Well as far as the songs are concerned its more situational I believe. However the voice selection could've been better, Kamal's voice is unbearable and Yuvan doesn't fit into the song "Oru Nalil" either.
The Album as a whole is a good attempt but not an extraordinary album by anymeans, all depends on the movie!

ezy0265
17th December 2005, 11:50 AM
LooseControl,

there you are! Definitely one of those 'vayuttherucchal payals' I was refering to.

My friend Sureshmehcnit! got my point?

Out of shear envy by you know which people, they will try and compare it with some other flop music by another of their beloved MD in an attempt to make this album look ordinary. Sorry guys it will not work all the time!

Yuvan is time and again proving that he is the MD of the moment and is giving much hope for the future. Not like others who will be sitting and grinding forever to come up with one single album.

If you can't appreciate his music go back to your own forums and start talking about everything else except music, because there isn't much being made to talk about nowadays. Its so sad over there as people like Dinesh and gang have been posting irrelevant news just to keep the forum look busy, but we know there is no music discussions.

Sanjeevi
17th December 2005, 12:11 PM
Kadhal kondein differs from Thulluvatho Ilamai. And 7GRC differs from Kadhal kondain.

And now, based on some views/reviews PuduPettai differs from previous releases.

I still did not listen any songs and will buy today or tomorrow :D

LooseControl
17th December 2005, 12:16 PM
Hey ezy0265,

It's just my opinion and I'm not biased towards ARR as ur talkin. If the Album clicks, well & good, I don have any issues. May be I could appreciate it more when I happen to see the movie.
For that matter even lots of ARR fans criticize his albums at the first few listenings. Infact RDB was not appreciated initially but then its proving to be a chartbuster album.

Take it easy, If albums like ANNIYAN, Chandramukhi can become a hit, then why not PP?

Sanjeevi
17th December 2005, 12:18 PM
Hi Surech Kumar, In Kumudam interview, Dhanush has told about Pudupettai

"Pudupettai neenga ellam ninaikura mathiri padama irukathu"

which means it will not be a full n full gangster movie or normal masala gangster movie.

muzammil84
17th December 2005, 12:35 PM
http://uyirvani.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6981&st=20

Get Pudupettai Songs from there.

inetk
17th December 2005, 12:42 PM
There are times when I used to worry...what if a soundtrack deserves more than 100 words? This is one such occasion and I'm forced to make a well deserved exception!

Pudhupettai. Music. In 200 words!
http://www.milliblog.blogspot.com

Karthik

rsubras
17th December 2005, 02:21 PM
was pudhupettai BGM recorded in ARR's new studio?

inetk and suresh both musically more abled than others have different views on the album.........one thinks it is great and the other thinks it is a great try ........ it makes things interesting :)

interestingly,

Thuluvatho ilamai dealt with 16 yr old +2 student
Kaadhal kondein next year dealt with 18 year old 1st year student
7GRC dealt with 21 year old in final years (or finished college??)

so Pudhupettai wud be dealing with some 24 year old guy most probably....

Selaraghavan can surely be said to be growing up (atleast literally :) )

yuvan has given great scores for selva....so hoping pudhupet wud be cracker of an album...

sureshmehcnit
17th December 2005, 02:39 PM
Hi rsubras,

me and karthik don't have entirely different opinion about the album. We pretty much have the same opinion about the album. I too feel that it is a quite innovative effort. But what i feel is, such symphonic theme music cues were done (by composers like, you all know who) in a far far better way in background music of many other tamil movies before but only that they were not released in the audio. Yuvan is the one who has got the guts to do it, in hollywood way. Such album is definitely welcome but one who have heard hollywood scores will understand what i intended to say about Yuvan's symphony effort.

sureshmehcnit
17th December 2005, 02:40 PM
Hi rsubras,

me and karthik don't have entirely different opinion about the album. We pretty much have the same opinion about the album. I too feel that it is a quite innovative effort. But what i feel is, such symphonic theme music cues were done (by composers like, you all know who) in a far far better way in background music of many other tamil movies before but only that they were not released in the audio. Yuvan is the one who has got the guts to do it, in hollywood way. Such album is definitely welcome but one who have heard hollywood scores will understand what i intended to say about Yuvan's symphony effort.

sureshmehcnit
17th December 2005, 02:40 PM
Hi rsubras,

sureshmehcnit
17th December 2005, 02:41 PM
Hi rsubras,

ezy0265
17th December 2005, 05:53 PM
Hi sureshmehcnit????

Posting your view 4 times isn't going to make you any more credible than you deserve!

Try not to place yourself so high up and achieve some point by talking about Hollywood re-recordings. People like you will always be inferior in your mind, and that is a problem with your mentality and not a shortcoming in the musical effort by YSR.

In the first place YSR is not having at his disposal all the means and budget like the Hollywood composer's, who mostly work like one movie per year(of course there is such a slow worker in India too!) with millions to spend for and all the time they need and still come up with mostly craps. But of course to many of our inferior souls even trash from a 'white man' is appreciated more readily.

" Take it easy, If albums like ANNIYAN, Chandramukhi can become a hit, then why not PP?"

LooseControl, it will be more appropriate to mention A..Ah here as even a trash work like that can still be considered a hit in some sectors.

LooseControl
17th December 2005, 09:52 PM
ezy0265
Definitely one of those 'vayuttherucchal payals' I was refering to.

Judging by ur posts here, one can easily tell u r one of those 'vayuttherucchal payals'!

Take my words, PP will not be hit music wise like how KK, 7G was. It all depends on the movie.

ezy0265
LooseControl, it will be more appropriate to mention A..Ah here as even a trash work like that can still be considered a hit in some sectors.

There are some cases where the music elevates the movie to a certain extent. Ah AAh! is one such example. Give me one good factor in favour of the movie Ah Aah except for the music. That's where the success of a music director plays a major role. YSR simply failed to deliver in Das and OKK this year.

NagaS
17th December 2005, 11:12 PM
YSR's interview, talks abt Pudhuppettai, His telugu movie "Happy" and abt Karthik Raja :
http://epaper.tamilmurasu.in/2005/dec/17/13_1.jpg

NagaS

MrJudge
17th December 2005, 11:56 PM
True, the soundtrack has got a darinlgy different sound, but we will be able to say whether it is great or not only after watching the movie. Right now, it is good but not rocking (atleast to me) as you guys say.

Suresh,

Even from the first listening, this album rocks.. I don't understand why you are saying that you need to watch the movie to feel the album great or not....ofcourse you will enjoy the instrumentals more with the movie. But on the whole, this album has unique flavour for a tamil soundtrack and mind blowing..This album is too good to be a tamil album....

12bums
18th December 2005, 01:27 AM
Thanks Naga for the link.

ezy0265
18th December 2005, 08:25 AM
Dear MrJudge,

Leave those fellows alone. They are in shock!

They did not expect YSR to suddenly explode with such an album, it is only natural that they react with all effort to belittle it. They would be screaming through their a** if this album was done by their favourite MD though, you can bet!

Enga Area and Varriya are simply superb flow of energy through music!!!!

Pul Pesum is sure to top charts all over!

LooseControl - Take My Word!

MrJudge
18th December 2005, 11:42 AM
ezy0265:

Yes, this album sounds far far better than expected. None of the track is bad.....he is just 23 and proves those critics that they are wrong. Way to go YSR...

Vallavan has 8 songs and AIBI has all songs sung by him with new format.....next year is going to be too good :)

reagan87
18th December 2005, 01:15 PM
I think Pudhupettai is rather different and innovative, so due to that, all credits should be given to the combo for coming out with such a different album which we are craving for these days in TFM.

But they are also drawback in Pudhupettai which hardcore YSR fans might go unnoticed. To be rather considerate, the symphony are irritating and never near any great. Probably due to this, it might not go well down with the masses. But as much as you guys and myself hope that Pudhupet audio does well, it might never reach the heights that 7G Rainbow Colony set. Just my thoughts on it...no offence to anyone!

rsubras
18th December 2005, 02:09 PM
hahhaa ezy........ if ARR hatred is your reason for ur liking towards YSR then let it be :) if tomm ARR says Yuvan is my favorite music director or if Yuvan says ARR is much more talented than me, i dont know which MD u will switch over to

k suresh, i meant the same....... you feel it is a very good try, he feels it is very good athai thaan solla vanthen....

songs nalla iruntha namma ellorukkum thaane pa santhosam.... unlike a situation where there is a competition between "appadi podu" and "manmatha raasa" song for the best song of the year, pudhupettai, kalvanin kaathali, vallavan, dasavatharam, GOD Father, kasthoori maan nu oru aarokiyamana potti vantha wont it be a musical delight for all of us??

neway i havent heard the songs , but from what ppl here told Pudhupettai is a novel attempt, Hats off Yuvan :)

Scale
18th December 2005, 08:48 PM
[tscii:23f0c63752]Subbu, How did you forget this gently Musical Genius so quickly? God Sent! He invades every Forum (IR or ARR) sporadically just to eulogize them. U wont find any single meager post which lacks his pleasing attitude & musical brilliance. Kindly have a serious examination on all his posts & you too have gained wisdom at several occasions.

http://www.forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=233677&highlight=#233677

yr applaud to his earlier posts ,

http://www.forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=191191&highlight=#191191

http://www.forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=208739&highlight=#208739

Mine : :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

http://www.forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=220518&highlight=#220518

(I really feel sorry for Mr. Suresh for such a terrible experience who has been genuine, totally unbiased in all his reviews. Even HC IR/ARR fans appreciated him several times for his other MD's reviews….)
[/tscii:23f0c63752]

Scale
18th December 2005, 08:54 PM
Pertaining to the topic, havent heard pudupettai songs yet.
Nice reviews including Suresh's one. Shall post my observations as soon as I hear.

YSR fans can you all post some more reviews? Thks in advance.
Where are HC IR fans review, musically well recognized here.

rsubras
19th December 2005, 09:29 AM
hehehe Scale........ TFMPage should identify you as a devoted hubber rather than senior hubber :) naan post pannathaiyellam eppavo maranthutten.........

music director rasigan na actors rasigan pola irukanumnu ninaichittaru pola ezy...........ethuvume theriyaama, enna pannalum pugazha vendiyathu, yaaruna constructive criticism pannalum avangala pathi thapu thappa solla vendiyathu..........athe field la irukara innoruthara pathi kevalama pesa vendiyathu........ ezy anne..vitta katchi aarambichiduveenga pola......... ;)

sari sari pudhupettai music eppadi pa irukku........ any other review? which is the pick of the album?

MrJudge
19th December 2005, 12:00 PM
sari sari pudhupettai music eppadi pa irukku........ any other review? which is the pick of the album?

It is too good compared to Thundubhai's albums dude.....Even he will be listending to PP non-stop now... hehehe

Sanjeevi
19th December 2005, 12:26 PM
Thanks inetk. Nice review.

Scale
19th December 2005, 06:46 PM
yellam ore kuttaila voorna mattainga thaan. Now Subbu U see, I have to explain this dunce seperately :evil:

It is too good compared to Thundubhai's albums dude.....Even he will be listending to PP non-stop now... hehehe

Is this what YSR dreaming everytime ? :rotfl: On my behalf, convey my wishes & better luck next time......

U nameless moron :twisted: :twisted: ! Didn't yr * christened you? What is thundubhai?

If you liked the album please enjoy and promote it in every form. There is no necessity to drag him by nicknames..

If you still wish, come to Vs thread and we shall discuss about ***& PP which has more variety & technically rich (current release or any other album). If you call this PP theme as Mindublowing, I can place every interludes of his songs as a better composed theme. Good observation from 12bums but his father has to take cue from him is 4 much. .

MrJudge
19th December 2005, 09:09 PM
Scale:

Cool down dude. The album was released a few days back. It is available at local audio stores, already there on the net in mp3/real audio format. If you want to listen, go and listen and If you don't, just leave it and stick with whatever you like. But coming here and asking any other review? what is the pick? etc etc...... is just irritating......

njv
20th December 2005, 09:16 AM
This album rocks - YSR - pulse of the youth.

rsubras
20th December 2005, 09:36 AM
This album rocks - YSR - pulse of the youth.

i take njv's words rather than the self styled nattamai :) pudhupettai would definitely be rocking then...... nice to see Yuvan scoring hits after hits with Kanda naal muthal, sandaikozhi, kalvanin kaathali and now with pudhupettai......... great stuff.... now HJ wud fight hard to regain his status...... ARR, YSR and HJ striving to give their best......wowwwwwwww more good days are ahead for TFM listeners....

Scale, probably these guys want us to keep off this post and hate to hear us praising or commending yuvan..athukkuthan unnecessary ah ARR ah drag panni avara pathi thappa solli nammala incite panraanga :) their main motive seem to make us talk in bad about YSR so that they can bad mouth or pounce on ARR....

Judge, any other review nu naan kettathu, some more ppl to review the album so as to make sure the album is really a cracker of an album avlothan judge anne... wat is the pick nu ketta irritating ah irukka :) why u dont know to select which one as pick is it? avlo unconfident about the songs ah......

inetk
20th December 2005, 11:09 AM
Got a mail for my itwofs site where someone alleged that Enga area ulla varaadhey sounds like Baha Men's chartbuster Who let the dogs out?

What do you guys think? That line per se perhaps sounds similar, but a song is much more than one line, IMO. But again, that line is the most prominent catchy hook of that song!

sureshc
20th December 2005, 01:10 PM
Pudhu petai songs-
Nothing great. Very average. Could have been better had Yuvan not sung . His voice is alarmingly bad ... much similar to SJ suryas.

MrJudge
20th December 2005, 01:16 PM
now HJ wud fight hard to regain his status...... ARR, YSR and HJ striving to give their best......wowwwwwwww more good days are ahead for TFM listeners....

HJ status irukkattum, mothalla Thundubhai status paththi yosichcha nalla irukkum. avara vera list-la serththithteenga, ethukkunnu thaan puriyala..:)

Sanjeevi
20th December 2005, 01:36 PM
hi nattamai,

Anything problem between you and ARR? You always against ARR. Why MrJudge?

rsubras
20th December 2005, 01:49 PM
Sanjeevi, it seems(or he has told something like that) Judge has a personal grudge against some ARR fans here........some ARR fans in the forum seem to have told some disparaging remarks which had hurted him..datz why for the past 2 years, whenever an ARR album gets released, naangellam antha related thread poromo illiyo judge sir first poiduvaaru and starts bashing ARR........

Sanjeevi
20th December 2005, 06:09 PM
http://sify.com/entertainment/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14051979

coucou
21st December 2005, 01:58 AM
[tscii:a0cf83bf2b]Raja rules the chart with three albums
By IANS
Dec 19, 2005, 09:31

Printer friendly page

Chennai, Dec 18 (IANS) Yuvan Shankar Raja rules once again, not with one but three top albums at the moment. And still more from Yuvan is on the way - music for "Puthuppettai", a Selvaraghavan film.

The last two times Selvaraghavan and Yuvan Shankar Raja got together, they created sheer magic. Not many people have forgotten "Kana Kandein" and "7 G Rainbow Colony".

The top five Tamil music albums are:

1. "Kalvanin Kadhali" (Yuvan Shankar Raja): The album has just released but it has already raced to the top.

2. "Sandakozhi" (Yuvan Shankar Raja): Yuvan is at the second spot too. The album was released two weeks ago, and it is a rocking success.

3. "Kanda Naal Muthal" (Yuvan Shankar Raja): The album is back at the top mainly due to the success of the film.

4. "Thavamayi Thavamirundu" (Sabesh Murali): For those who like to hear the real flavour of rural Tamil music, this is the album.

5. "Aaru" (Devi Sri Prasad): Not a great album. As the movie is disappointing, in all likelihood this is expected to disappear from the top position in a week.

© Copyright 2005 by MusicIndiaOnLine.com

[/tscii:a0cf83bf2b]

baba88
21st December 2005, 03:22 AM
Why is Agaram not mentioned in the list of Musicindiaonline ? Is the album too good for the list ?

njv
21st December 2005, 07:29 AM
agaram is pretty good too but since teh actors arent popular, probably never talked about

1. Number kidachiduchi - reminds me of hey hey enna aachu unakku from kadhal virus
2. Unnai naan parthaen - pretty good. melody and beat goes well in YSR albums
3. Ponnu Thothaa - typical vijay song - i didnt like it, but will top the chart.
4. adadaa adadaa - very good melody.
5. Tappu Egirippogum - another dappanguthu song. again i ddint like but will top the chart - current generation like this only - resembels "pothuvaga emmanasu thangam" slightly

YSR prooved that he is IR's son - more albums and most of them good - I was worried about TFM future after IR, and YSR is the answer. ARR and HJ will fill in the gaps here and there.

njv
21st December 2005, 07:30 AM
Why is Agaram not mentioned in the list of Musicindiaonline ? Is the album too good for the list ?

They list the one that are released in theatre.Agaram will not top the chart but will find its place in 2/3 for a short while.

MrJudge
21st December 2005, 08:32 AM

Yes, Agaram is as good as A..Ah, I mean too good for any list. are you satisfied now?

MrJudge
21st December 2005, 08:35 AM
Ameer is producing a movie for one of his assistants..... Is it coming on YSR's way?

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/19158.html

inetk
21st December 2005, 09:59 AM
http://www.idlebrain.com/news/2000march20/news267.html

Music recording of Venkatesh's next venture Aadavari Matalaku Ardhalu Verule (AMAV) was started at the office of Sri Saideva Productions on 19th of December. Sri Raghava (7GBC fame) would direct this film. Yuvan Shankar Raja will score music for Venkatesh for the first time. Muhurat of this film would be held in February 2006. NV Prasad and Sanam Naga Ashok Kumar will produce this film.

Sanjeevi
21st December 2005, 02:56 PM
Once there was a talk YSR to score for hindi films.

What happened?

hariprasadb23
21st December 2005, 06:45 PM
pudhupettai
its a different album.1st song oru nallil sung by yuvan is really good.its sure to rock.though other compositions are a good attempt i really dont know whether it would click in audience.two instrumentals are really good ,variya and emotions .

kalladicrapp
22nd December 2005, 12:46 AM
Yuvans work in PP is pathbreaking.Though not an accomplished singer his young raw suits the mood of the film as well as yhe hero Dhanush.It seems a lot of hardwork has gone into a Nino Rota-Coppola combo kind of feel in the compositions.What I really like about Yuvan is his selection of movies.He prefers small,understated surprise packages like Arindhum Ariyamalum or Kanda Naal Mudhal.Most of his films'promos never feature his songs.People gets to know about its merit because of its sheer quality and merit,eg:RAAM,7GRC,MANMADHAN,AA...

Sanjeevi
22nd December 2005, 10:40 AM
Just listened PP songs and theme music

Definitely YSR comes after in the same row of MSV, IR, ARR. And also YSR is the future.

Sanjeevi
22nd December 2005, 05:45 PM
[tscii:6af6b10c20]Music Review

Pudhupettai - Brilliant attempt IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, December 21, 2005]
When Director Selvaraghavan and music-composer Yuvanshankar Raja team up, they are known to deliver the best. Their Kadhal Kondein and 7G Rainbow Colony are a pointer to it. Now they join hands again for Pudhupettai, which is said to be about the lives of underworld dons in a city like Chennai.

Interestingly,Yuvanshankar with Chapraya Symphony Orchestra composed the songs in Bangkok there.

He has come up with some brilliant compositions. The album consists of songs and instrumentals, each carrying a header specifying different moods of the film.

Songs like the one rendered by Kamal Haasan and other by Dhanush along with chorus are no doubt going to be straight away hits. The instrumentals are also soul-stirring and at time very emotional.

Yuvanshankar has certainly joined the big league with his compositions in Puthupettai.

An honest and a sincere attempt

Pudhupettai Main Theme: Survival of the fittest

This being the main theme number of the movie, it has to be attractive as well as catchy. Keeping this in mind, Yuvan has come up with this excellent instrumental exploration (symphony). The violin ensemble is mellifluous as well as gritty. It evolves the theme and firmly underscores that Yuvan is his father’s son.

Peek Into Assassin's Life: Neruppu Vaayinil (Kamal Hassan)

Kamal Haasan is one artiste who always strives for excellence - be it on the screen or behind. A good singer, Kamal Haasan has lent his voice for the song, which suits the mood and theme of the number. A peppy and a brisk song, according to director Selvaraghavan, is about the life of an assassin. A touch of Brazilian samba by Yuvan with Kamal Haasan's voice flowing sweet makes the song stick to our hearts.

Our Story: Enga Yeriya (Dhanush, Rap Premji and Yuvan Shankar Raja)

What can a local rowdy or a dada singh? A rustic, straight from the heart number? It is exactly what Yuvan has tried to come up. The song has been penned as if a local goon is describing his prowess in his locality. Begins with traditional tharai and thapattai, but goes on to get typical Yuvan's touch with peppy western stuff overtaking it.

Though Dhanush's voice is far from covincing, the lyrics of Na Muthukumar covers it up. It brings the life in a slum before our eyes. Yuvan and Premji render rap in between.

Selling Dope: The Beginning (Instrumental)

An excellent symphonic composition by Yuvan. Taking a leaf out of his father’s book, the young Yuvan has come up with soft and a slow melodious composition with violins and a lone trumpet providing the listeners a different feeling. Hats off to Yuvan for his excellent stuff.

It all comes down to this: Oru Naalil (Yuvanshankar Raja)

Yuvan leaves his magic all through the album coming up with some stunning and original orchestral magic. Adding more, he takes to crooning. Rendering this melodious number with elan, he has seemingly tried to fuse Eric Clapton kind of music with that of Ilayaraja. The soft touch of bows on the strings of the violins sure to entice the listeners.

Going thru emotions!:Prelude

It's yet again the Chapraya Music Symphony who in tandem with Yuvan provides a treat to our ears. Seemingly has music composed keeping mind the four seasons (Vivaldi?). Picks up momentum as it progresses.

Night life: Varriyaa (Chorus)

As the title suggests, it is a song about night life in Chennai city as visualized by a local goon. Hence it is hard-hitting and has a quaint local flavor all through. Use of percussion instruments at appropriate places coupled with good chorus makes it a song worth listening.

Clash of the titans: The war cry

A musical composition setting one's mind to visualize the battlefield. Yuvan has given right western touch with violins creating the sounds of war and the emotions in the battle fields in our minds. The kind of music will even do a Hollywood flick proud.

Oru Naalil: Composer's Dream Mix (D J Rafiq)

A brisk number to end the album --- Foot-tapping and also reminding the late 1970's stuff of the western world. With shrewd use of western instruments giving Indian sounds, the song is certain to find its place in dance-floors right away.

In one word, brilliant.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/musicreview/8073.html

[/tscii:6af6b10c20]

Sanjeevi
22nd December 2005, 05:52 PM
http://sify.com/entertainment/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14055815

hariprasadb23
23rd December 2005, 05:20 PM
hello if any andhra guys are there when happy and niyin new movie with yuvan are releasing

app_engine
23rd December 2005, 09:49 PM
http://www.hindu.com/fr/2005/12/23/stories/2005122300430200.htm

Yuvan's BGM praised in this review...

Sanjeevi
24th December 2005, 09:37 AM
Yuvan is selected by Ananda Vikatan as one of Top 10 persons of year 2005.

Cograts to Yuvan. :clap:

Scale
24th December 2005, 11:21 AM
Sanjeevi,

Can you list the other 9?

karthik_sa2
25th December 2005, 07:11 PM
yes yuvan is surely rocking.his kalvanin kadhali is too good.

Tamilan
25th December 2005, 08:40 PM
Yuvan Rocks

Pudupettai trend setting music

Sanjeevi
25th December 2005, 09:00 PM
Sanjeevi,

Can you list the other 9?

It is hard to remember all. Rajini Kanth, Jeyakanthan, Two collectors, Vijayakanth, Kalanithi maran, etc.

Sanjeevi
25th December 2005, 09:03 PM
Currently tamil film music has 5 albums of YSR.

Pudupettai, Kalvanin Kadhali, Sandakozhi, Kanda Naal Mudhal and Agaram.

And upcoming films are more such as Vallavan, Pattial, etc. 2006 la pottu thakuvar.

kalladicrapp
26th December 2005, 11:50 PM
KK songs are cool.Donno if its gonna linger in my mind for a long time.sandakozhi also sounds fresh and innovative,especially Shaans vocals.

njv
27th December 2005, 11:26 AM
pudhupettai rocks all the way. hats off to ysr.

Tamilan
27th December 2005, 12:05 PM
Kudakoolie from KK is double Thee Pidikka

Djpak
28th December 2005, 02:09 AM
Kalvanin Kadhali one song real copy from Oh my gosh - basment jaxx :O

inetk
28th December 2005, 01:53 PM
Jeez DJpak....you're right! Copied even the 'Did you get his number' part directly! This one goes into my site this weekend!

Karthik
www.itwofs.com

Sanjeevi
28th December 2005, 05:45 PM
Which song? entire song or portion?

nilavupriyan
28th December 2005, 07:22 PM
"Eno kangal" in kalvanin kadhali is so good.

but thinking abt s.j.surya who is gonna dance(spoil) the song :cry:

Scale
28th December 2005, 08:14 PM
Jeez DJpak....you're right! Copied even the 'Did you get his number' part directly! This one goes into my site this weekend!

Karthik
www.itwofs.com

Already 3 allegations in PP. Ippo KK lifta. Karthik konjam thayavu pannunga. pavam avaru. Valara vendiya pulla.

YSR Cracks :lol: :rotfl:

Someone was very keen in bringing him in the league of MSV,IR & ARR.

Sanjeevi aka Tamilan nadathungha. Naanum paarthu kittu thaan irukken.

inetk
28th December 2005, 08:50 PM
The song in KK is 'Ivan kattil naattu mannan'. Opening 4 lines are lifted and so is the 'Did you get his number' part. Actually the whole mood of the song - a la 80s pop'pish sound is lifted. Will post it this weekend in my site for ppl to listen!

Karthik

ansa400
28th December 2005, 08:57 PM
http://www.contactmusic.com/new/home.nsf/webpages/basementjaxxx23x02x05
Chk out the original track(its with video) from the above link. :lol: :lol:

Djpak
29th December 2005, 02:10 AM
I have heard more of ys copy from eng soundtracks, one part of a song from raam was 1oo % copy ys has not edit that part ..

MrJudge
29th December 2005, 09:09 AM
Kalvanin Kadhali one song real copy from Oh my gosh - basment jaxx :O

And as usual his lifting goes to the bad song of the album unlike other composers who benefited the most from lifting... Anyway I hope YSR realises lifting is not his cup of tea and stops that immediately.

karthik_sa2
29th December 2005, 10:43 AM
yes yuvan shd stop lifting from others. its quite embarrasing.when he makes songs of his own composition its great.y shd he lift from others.?as mr judge said its high time he stops doing it.after ,ir and arr it is yuvan who has got so many fans.he shdnt spoil that reputation

Sanjeevi
29th December 2005, 11:49 AM
The song in KK is 'Ivan kattil naattu mannan'. Opening 4 lines are lifted and so is the 'Did you get his number' part. Actually the whole mood of the song - a la 80s pop'pish sound is lifted. Will post it this weekend in my site for ppl to listen!

Karthik

Oh antha patta? Thank God. hihi :lol:

BTW, Scale eppadipa eppadi

Sanjeevi
29th December 2005, 05:28 PM
More reviews

http://prasad.wordpress.com/tag/music/

http://rssiddhartha.blogspot.com/2005/12/music-review-original-soundtrack-of.html

Sundar12345
31st December 2005, 11:51 AM
AGARAM
PATTIAL
VALLAVAN
DOCTORS(HOPEFULLY, SHOULD START AFTER COMPLETION OF PP)
36'24'36
KARTHIK NADIKUM-PARUTHTHI VEERAN

Scale
31st December 2005, 11:54 AM
AGARAM
PATTIAL
VALLAVAN
DOCTORS(HOPEFULLY, SHOULD START AFTER COMPLETION OF PP)
36'24'36
KARTHIK NADIKUM-PARUTHTHI VEERAN

:shock: :roll:

Sundar12345
31st December 2005, 12:12 PM
:lol:

Sanjeevi
2nd January 2006, 11:24 AM
Saw the new year special programme of YSR on Jeya TV. He celebrated the new year with children having physical, mental illness. The highlight was that he composed a new song for new year with Pa.Vijay lyrics and that song was super. Anybody saw the same?

Sudalai
3rd January 2006, 09:24 AM
Yes.. the song was good.

12bums
3rd January 2006, 10:55 AM
YSR's first Telugu movie released - 'Happy'. Check it out on Raaga.com

popeye11
3rd January 2006, 07:26 PM
How are the Happy Songs! Any reveiws?

karthik_sa2
3rd January 2006, 10:13 PM
yes the jaya tv yuvan one programme was superb esspecially when he played the bgm of kadhal kondein,it was mindblowing

hariprasadb23
4th January 2006, 04:27 PM
i heard happy songs
yuvan really rocks
happy sung by kartik and one sung by spb charan are really good
i read in one article of telugu cinema that audio is topping the charts.andhra guys if anybody there please give ur reviews and the position in charting

Sanjeevi
4th January 2006, 04:39 PM
YSR should reproduce his other language hits into tamil like ARR did

popeye11
5th January 2006, 08:09 AM
Happy Songs are Good!

Except for the repeating rap bits from yuvans 'ram' and 'Kalvanin kadhali'..

All songs are catchy!

Songs are gonna top the charts!

kalladicrapp
7th January 2006, 12:44 AM
[tscii:bf32c62bdd]
KK, IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, January 03, 2006]
Considering that all the previous Allu Arjun's movies were musical hits, Happy comes with great expectations, more so because Yuvan Shankar Raja scores music for this one. Yuvan does deliver and gives something for everyone. There are a couple of solo high pitched numbers that are exceptional and rest all are good. This album has energetic, youthful and peppy numbers and is bound to strike a chord with the youth and masses in general.

Vassa 3.5* Singers: Jassi Gift, Sucharitha Lyrics: Pothula Ravikiran

This song starts off with 'naatu' beats and is an out and out energetic number right from the word go. This is a group song that would suit a setting of a 'Jatara' as it’s full of life, fun and celebration. It remains to been seen what Karunakaran has in his mind. It has all ingredients of becoming very popular and provides ample scope for Allu Arjun to showcase his dancing skills. Very soon you will find this song being played in all the pubs and dance clubs of Hyderabad. Three whistles to Yuvan for a good start.

Chal Chal Re 3* Singers: Clinton Lyrics: Viswa

This is again a fast beat song that starts of with a guitar piece and the lyrics go on to list all good things of Hyderabad and the people. Yuvan has impressively used Harmonica, strings and keyboard in the interludes and the chorus is also good. Overall the song has a youthful feel to it.

Happy 3.5* Singers: Karthik Lyrics: Chandrabose

This is a peppy number and lists all the reasons that could make a young guy happy like 'Happy, free ga tirigeste, happy..'. Karthik has sung the song very well and his voice suits the youthful feel of the song. Yuvan used a keyboard played at a high pitch following the lead singer’s rendition throughout, which keeps the song very peppy and appealing, but one might miss following the lyrics at places. The interludes are composed very well and after listening to the song you are bound to keep humming "Happy" for a long time.

Hate You 2* Singers: Ranjith, Vasundara Das Lyrics: Anantha Sriram

This song has the lead pair singing "I Hate you" throughout and lists all reasons why both hate each other. Its very difficult to follow the lyrics or the tune and is a very average number without a trail or beat or phrase to catch on to. The finishing of the song is also poor and is abrupt. This could be a situational song and only the picturization and situation its fit in can make this song appealing if any. A forgettable number.

Egire Mabbulalona 4.5* Singers: SP Charan Lyrics: Kulasekhar

This is a high pitched, fast beat number sung very well by SP Charan. The interludes has chorus, Violins and beats at breath taking pace which is extremely impressive. Everyone in the band must have been given freedom to be creative with Yuvan holding all of it together, he mixes it well to give us a total entertainer. Yuvan and his team must have enjoyed making this number as much as we would enjoy listening to it. The lines "Egire mabbulalona, pagale vennala vana, Palika nuvvla veena, Gundello saage raagalevoo" has been composed and sung extremely well. Kulasekhar comes up with good lyrics and the theme of the song (as it is for many high pitched songs) is Love. Superb song.

Nee Kosam 4.5* Singers: Shankar Mahadevan Lyrics: Seetharama Shastry

This is a high pitched song depicting viraham and Yuvan gets it right by choosing Shankar to sing this one. Beautiful lyrics, beautiful rendition and beautiful instrumentation all blended together becomes the highlight of this song. Shankar has his stamp all over this song and sings a few swaras in the interludes which enhance the appeal of the song. Whereas 'Egire mabbulalona' takes a couple of hearing to grow on you, this one strikes a chord instantly and engulfs you in its mood. Another superb song with every tiny piece composed beautifully.

Summary Yuvan composed some exceptional music for 'Nee Kosam' and 'Egire Mabulalona' with 'Nee Kosam' having the edge to take the honors of being the best song of the album. Yuvan has delivered for Arjun and its all up to Karunakaran to picturize the songs well and blend them into a good story to give us a hit. There are some good songs and some exceptional songs in the album which makes it a worthy buy.

[/tscii:bf32c62bdd]

interz
7th January 2006, 03:54 AM
man, hope happy songs gets dubbed into tamil, those songs are great, yuvan kicks a** these days!!!!

Renault
8th January 2006, 01:30 PM
Three of Yuvan's forthcoming movies (Vallavan, Puthupet, Pattiyal) are to be shot in Digital Imaging.

Source: http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14116299

Way to go...Yuvan

interz
8th January 2006, 04:02 PM
What has YSR to do with Digital Imaging ???

MrJudge
9th January 2006, 09:46 AM
Valavaan website is launched:

www.valavaan.com

Sanjeevi
9th January 2006, 10:22 AM

www.valavaan.com

What a stupid spelling :banghead:

Justice
9th January 2006, 10:47 AM

www.valavaan.com

What a stupid spelling :banghead:

:rotfl:

ezy0265
9th January 2006, 05:03 PM
Sanjeevi and justice, surely you don't think that the producers are that silly to spell as such and you want to show people that you are smarter than that.

Than perhaps you are not so intelligent afterall!

Didn't it occur to you that perhaps vallavan.com is already registered by someone else......please think before calling someone stupid, if not you will end up being seemed as even more stupid!

inetk
9th January 2006, 07:33 PM
Happy. In 100 words.
http://milliblog.blogspot.com/2006/01/happy.html

About that URL for Vallavan, it is usual practice to add a caption like 'the movie' to the title if the actual URL is not available. And not twist your film's name to something that doesnt make sense. Vallavaan is not even a word, leave alone meaning what it is intended to. That, in my opinion, is indeed stupid!

Sanjeevi
10th January 2006, 10:21 AM
Sanjeevi and justice, surely you don't think that the producers are that silly to spell as such and you want to show people that you are smarter than that.

Than perhaps you are not so intelligent afterall!

Didn't it occur to you that perhaps vallavan.com is already registered by someone else......please think before calling someone stupid, if not you will end up being seemed as even more stupid!

hahahahaha

if Vallavan.com is already registered then what name would have been registered? vallavanthemovie.com, vallavanmovie.com or vallavancinema.com are better than valavaan.com :lol:

karthik_sa2
10th January 2006, 03:23 PM
wow happy songs r awsome.yuvan strikes yet again.he is in great form just like arr in 90's.already ruling 2006

thamizhvaanan
10th January 2006, 04:04 PM
the music is out? i am sure it will be fantastic just like Manmathan

Sanjeevi
20th January 2006, 01:03 AM
Happy` confirmed on Jan 25

By Moviebuzz
Tuesday, 17 January , 2006, 13:10

Allu Arjun is a happy man. His Happy audio by Yuvan Shankar Raja has become a craze.
The Ossa, Ossa .. number has become a rage and is heard in all pubs and discos. Yuvan's songs in this film alone are enough to make it a hit.

The music of all Allu Arjun movies have rocked liked Gangotri(Keeravani), Arya, Bunny(Devi Sri Prasad) and now Happy is on top of the charts. The film is carrying positive reports and is expected to take a big opening.

Source : http://sify.com/movies/telugu/fullstory.php?id=14121729

interz
20th January 2006, 04:19 AM
Yuvan shankar raja forth coming movie:

Kedi

starring : ravikrishna, iliyana, thamini

produced by: am rathnam

directed by: jothikrishna (enakku 20 unakku 18)

inetk
27th January 2006, 12:11 PM
Yuvan and Vasanth working together again, after Poovellaam Kettuppaar!

Movie's titled 'Satham Podathey' and stars Prithviraj (of Kanaa Kanden and loads of Mallu movies fame). After some knockout music in PK (IMO, the best of YSR so far!), this is one to look out for!

http://www.dailythanthi.com/magazines/veli_cinema.htm

Djpak
28th January 2006, 04:11 PM
[tscii:40f6c40d47]
Yuvan shankar raja forth coming movie:

Kedi

starring : ravikrishna, iliyana, thamini

produced by: am rathnam

directed by: jothikrishna (enakku 20 unakku 18)

E20U18 was only are hit because of the super hits by AAR :D.
I don’t think this movie will be some big hit. [/tscii:40f6c40d47]

MrJudge
31st January 2006, 09:53 PM
"Pudhupettai" preview comes on private channels now....Yuvan has come out with another theme music for it!

MrJudge
31st January 2006, 10:00 PM
"Happy" is nothing but a remake of Azagiya theeye and it is above average. Here is the review:

http://sify.com/movies/telugu/review.php?id=14130387&ctid=5&cid=2430

m_23_bayarea
1st February 2006, 06:28 AM
I love PUDHUPETTAI songs ... And abt Yuvan's songs, the song THEE PIDIKKA from Arinthum has become one of my all-time fav Yuvan songs ... :)

MADDY
3rd February 2006, 11:00 AM
Start Disgression:

Nattamai, long standing criticiser of ARR and his fans, i cordially invite you to participate in our Rang De Basanti thread which has made roar in UK and India with its stupendous collections. I invite you especially because you have been following ARR's fortunes for the past 5 yrs and seen him decline. So just taste the dash of ARR with his comeback hit film.

Thanking You in advance,
Maddy

End Disgression

hey sorry YSR fans, but i was really tempted to do this.......

MrJudge
3rd February 2006, 05:47 PM
Start Disgression:

Nattamai, long standing criticiser of ARR and his fans, i cordially invite you to participate in our Rang De Basanti thread which has made roar in UK and India with its stupendous collections. I invite you especially because you have been following ARR's fortunes for the past 5 yrs and seen him decline. So just taste the dash of ARR with his comeback hit film.

Thanking You in advance,
Maddy

End Disgression

hey sorry YSR fans, but i was really tempted to do this.......

hahhaaa

How are you MADDY MACHCHAAN? Looks like you are on cloud nine after reading sify's report of Rang Overseas BO. First, I care less for hindi films that includes Thundubhai's projects too. Second, I will be happy if he just leaves out of tfm and sticks with hfm.

He will come out with big thundus pretty soon, dude (in the form of gf, sivaji, jok, the list will go on).... just wait and watch!

Scale
4th February 2006, 10:30 AM
Mr. Joker,

How many times should I have to tell you not to refer ARR as *****? U apologized earlier now you started it again. Seriously, dont kindle my wrath. Are you made upof rhino's skin? :evil:

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=291715#291715

Well said MADDY (in other post). None of these thenganaaru fans including this joker & S have come forward to even nominate his albums and songs. :rotfl:

Too many old craps with new looks. Have fun guys!!!

Sanjeevi
4th February 2006, 10:16 PM
Well said MADDY (in other post). None of these thenganaaru fans including this joker & S have come forward to even nominate his albums and songs. :rotfl:

Too many old craps with new looks. Have fun guys!!!

:roll: :roll:

I voted in the poll :evil:

thenganaaru :wink: :lol:

Scale
5th February 2006, 09:58 AM
Did you nominate? Without nominations YSR wouldnt be there?

I shud have pointed the same in hub's award thread 2005 for yr suffix emoticon :lol: everytime. Dont know why I hesitated!

Sanjeevi
5th February 2006, 02:28 PM
Scale, unfortunately i couldn't post nominations :cry:

vasanth2006
6th February 2006, 12:04 PM
YSR is currently rocking with kalvanin kadhali, pudhupetai.

YSR sung all the songs in 'azhakai irukirai payamai irukkirathu"
(one song with IR. that will be master piece.)

there are lot of movies in his pocket
(pattiyal,paruthi veeran,vallavan,a.i.p.i, etc)

YSR also going to join with vasanth once again ("satham podathe")

this is the great time. he has to keep the pace. (he should minimize the inspirations. i think this is the main weekness point of him).

Sanjeevi
6th February 2006, 10:45 PM
http://nowrunning.com/news/news.asp?it=5701

Yuvan's 'Pudupettai' is the top Tamil album
Aparna Nath [Sunday, February 05, 2006]
Email this article.

Pudhupettai : | Stills

Chennai, Feb 5 (IANS) There is only one word to describe Yuvan Shankar Raja's "Pudupettai" album - 'terrific'. He has not composed such great music in the recent times. The album has returned to occupy the top position again.

The top five Tamil albums are:

1. "Pudupettai" - Music Director: Yuvan Shankar Raja - Yuvan has judiciously mixed symphony, 'koothu' and rap in the album, and the best in the lot, of course, are the melodious classy songs.

Director Selvaraghavan said in an interview that they took a gamble while composing the symphony. The gamble has paid off.

2. "Paramasivan" - Music Director: Vidyasagar - The album is doing brisk business because the movie is a hit. Otherwise, there is nothing exceptional about the audio.

3. "Sandakozhi" - Director: Yuvan Shankar Raja - The song "Davani potta deepavali" by Vijay Yesudas and Shreya Ghosal has made the album go up the ladder.

4. "Aathi" - Director: Vidyasagar - An average album but "Olli olli udamba" by Karthik and Anuradha Sriram is quite popular and is being played by all the radio channels.

5. "Kalaivanin Kathal" - Director: Yuvan Shankar Raja - This album is sure to be a big hit once the film releases but it is not as classy as "Pudupettai".

MrJudge
7th February 2006, 09:36 AM
YSR sung all the songs in 'azhakai irukirai payamai irukkirathu" (one song with IR. that will be master piece.)

Also the usual pallavi-charanam format is not used in AIBI according to reports.

there are lot of movies in his pocket
(pattiyal,paruthi veeran,vallavan,a.i.p.i, etc)

Vallavan is coming to theaters in April. so the audio should come out end of this month/atleast by next month.

vasanth2006
10th February 2006, 01:12 PM
YSR is committed to the new film "sweet" is directed by viswas sundar (he is a producer of puthiya keethai, chanakya, etc. this is the first movie of him). new faces are acting in this film. this is the musical based film.

i dunno why YSR committed to this film. because it seems like not a big movie.(not big hero.not big director.not the big banner). may be because of this movie is musical based. and may be he wants to highlight him seperately in the movies by commiting to small budget movies.(because he is the main and bigger artist in that movie.)

vasanth2006
10th February 2006, 01:18 PM
KK is going to release on feb 17.
i am eagerly waiting for how the picturisation made?
i dunno how the movie's success will? ( because it is released among many films and during the exams time).

when pp will release?
i am waiting for BGM of pp. YSR will definitely rock in the BGM.

MrJudge
10th February 2006, 03:47 PM
i dunno why YSR committed to this film. because it seems like not a big movie.(not big hero.not big director.not the big banner).

YSR has said it in couple of his interviews that he does not want to be very choosy about the projects he is signing. What he thinks of a project may be different from what audience think and does not want to take that chance. So he wants to try all subjects with unknown directors. I think that is his success formula.

abbydoss1969
10th February 2006, 07:32 PM
YSR is committed to the new film "sweet" is directed by viswas sundar (he is a producer of puthiya keethai, chanakya, etc. this is the first movie of him). new faces are acting in this film. this is the musical based film.

i dunno why YSR committed to this film. because it seems like not a big movie.(not big hero.not big director.not the big banner). may be because of this movie is musical based. and may be he wants to highlight him seperately in the movies by commiting to small budget movies.(because he is the main and bigger artist in that movie.)

Viswas Sundar is producer of YSR 's first movie!

k_vanan
11th February 2006, 02:55 PM
ysr new telugu movie
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/telugu/article/20357.html