PDA

View Full Version : YSR's New Albums

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

MrJudge
13th February 2006, 11:58 PM
SK and KNM are on top spots ahead of athi, paramasivam, and saravana in Jaya TV's top10 albums. How come KNM is still in top10 race???

Though the system is flawed, it is good to see 2 of Yuvan's albums over the pongal releases :)

MADDY
14th February 2006, 10:02 AM
SK and KNM are on top spots ahead of athi, paramasivam, and saravana in Jaya TV's top10 albums. How come KNM is still in top10 race???

Though the system is flawed, it is good to see 2 of Yuvan's albums over the pongal releases :)

i'm sorry to say this but Jaya TV is a big time fan of IR......so YSR's albums always get good reviews from the comperer and good ratings.......u shuld see the way she bashes ARR's songs.....tell u wat, she reminds me of you judge :lol: .....and u can see that consistently on jayatv wherein IR and his kids are appreciated and ARR gets unnecessarily bashed.......but i cant complain as some section of the media is really supportful of ARR and never put him down......

yvsmani
14th February 2006, 11:10 AM
i'm sorry to say this but Jaya TV is a big time fan of IR......so YSR's albums always get good reviews from the comperer and good ratings.......u shuld see the way she bashes ARR's songs.....tell u wat, she reminds me of you judge :lol: .....and u can see that consistently on jayatv wherein IR and his kids are appreciated and ARR gets unnecessarily bashed.......but i cant complain as some section of the media is really supportful of ARR and never put him down......

Jaya TVil generally ARR songs occupies the top slot irrespective of whether that film fares well at the box office or not.

vasanth2006
14th February 2006, 11:25 AM

ARR is always hyped by north indian media/channels more than he deserves. do you think YSR got credit/appreciation for he deserves? (For such classical albums 7g rainbow colony, pudupettai, Raam, kadhal kondan, nanda etc.. mainly BGM. i am not mentioning excellent catchy hit albums). i think no.

inetk
14th February 2006, 11:56 AM
Check this opening from Balki, a self-confessed Ilayaraja fan and one who has used umpteen Raja tracks as background music in his ads....remember Idea Cellular (Naguva nayana), Kissan Jam (Idhu oru pon maalai pozhudhu) and LG Air conditioners (Uravennum pudhiya vaanil)? This is a write-up where he talks about Kamal Hassan. And he's a South Indian, although considerably Mumbai-ized.

Times of India - February 13, 2006
Guest Coloumn

Enough of destruction. Time to recreate
By R Balakrishnan
National Creative Director, Lowe

"If after cricket and A R Rahman India had one opportunity to have a common religion it was Kamal Haasan. I still believe there's time for the 'had' to be 'has' and 'was' to be 'is'....."

Dragun
15th February 2006, 01:18 AM
"Going Through Emotions" from Pudhupettai has some string part that I've heard in the music in the ads that Raaga.com plays before you can listen to the song. Is that some sort of Middle Eastern/Mediterranean commercially available loop sample?

njv
15th February 2006, 03:21 AM
I have heard it in another album too (referred as dope music in other album).

MADDY
15th February 2006, 09:35 AM
ARR is always hyped by north indian media/channels more than he deserves. do you think YSR got credit/appreciation for he deserves? (For such classical albums 7g rainbow colony, pudupettai, Raam, kadhal kondan, nanda etc.. mainly BGM. i am not mentioning excellent catchy hit albums). i think no.

very gud observation vasanth.......even i've wondered y YSR is a non-entity in the north......we all know ARR is considered a legend in HFM and IR is considered as guru of ARR......maybe YSR will reach there sometime but as of now i dunt see it happening.....i guess he lacks the power of ARR and IR music, the power that can make ppl. from diff. cultures and region listen to him.....so that basically xplains ur query or complaint y ARR is hyped and YSR is ignored, i hope.......

vasanth2006
15th February 2006, 10:17 AM
very gud observation vasanth.......even i've wondered y YSR is a non-entity in the north......we all know ARR is considered a legend in HFM and IR is considered as guru of ARR......maybe YSR will reach there sometime but as of now i dunt see it happening.....i guess he lacks the power of ARR and IR music, the power that can make ppl. from diff. cultures and region listen to him.....so that basically xplains ur query or complaint y ARR is hyped and YSR is ignored, i hope.......

i think ARR reached or shown to HFM by ManiRathnam. but YSR has no such director who has the national level image. may be selvaragavan will fill that place.(because he is going to direct the hindi version of kadhal kondain -- producer - boni kapoor. selva told in his Hindu interview). let wait and see.

"Going Through Emotions" from Pudhupettai has some string part that I've heard in the music in the ads that Raaga.com plays before you can listen to the song. Is that some sort of Middle Eastern/Mediterranean commercially available loop sample?

this music is uploaded to raaga ads after the pudupettai audio release. (recently only they uploaded).

Dragun
15th February 2006, 10:48 AM
i think ARR reached or shown to HFM by ManiRathnam. but YSR has no such director who has the national level image. may be selvaragavan will fill that place.(because he is going to direct the hindi version of kadhal kondain -- producer - boni kapoor. selva told in his Hindu interview). let wait and see.

ARR was incredibly lucky to have a film with Mani Ratnam as his debut. Usually music directors don't debut with such a prestigious film director. It was the national attention Roja got through dubbing that also made ARR incredibly famous. Would ARR have made an impact with his first film if he debuted with some average lackluster film instead?

I think YSR's talent is developing. His albums with Selvaraghavan have been good. I think big things are in store for him, and that in talent he is second only to ARR among the current popular music directors.

this music is uploaded to raaga ads after the pudupettai audio release. (recently only they uploaded).

You are right. I only really listened to Pudhupettai songs today, but I'd heard the raaga.com music for a while. They've also used music from Minnale.

MrJudge
15th February 2006, 01:40 PM

I wish YSR not to get involved with hfm very much. He should concentrate more on tamil movies (always) and try to do some cross-over kind of overseas projects in future. Selva is interested in doing cross-over films, so there is a possiblity in that direction.

app_engine
16th February 2006, 01:03 AM
http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/mp/2006/02/14/stories/2006021400090100.htm

YSR-Selvaraghavan-Arvind Krishna launching a company together...peru 'veLLai yAnai'ngaRAnga:-(

Nerd
16th February 2006, 01:21 AM

NO. I have been listening to that music for atleast 6 months.. common.. 8-)

MrJudge
16th February 2006, 02:57 PM
http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/mp/2006/02/14/stories/2006021400090100.htm

YSR-Selvaraghavan-Arvind Krishna launching a company together...peru 'veLLai yAnai'ngaRAnga:-(

app_engine, Thanks for the link. One of yuvan's dreams, (having a production house for movies/albums) comes true.

MADDY
16th February 2006, 07:43 PM
ARR was incredibly lucky to have a film with Mani Ratnam as his debut. It was the national attention Roja got through dubbing that also made ARR incredibly famous. Would ARR have made an impact with his first film if he debuted with some average lackluster film instead?

i really dont think even if YSR debuts in a Karan Johar movie would become as popular as ARRahman, simply because Yuvan Shankar Raja's music is not as good as ARRahman's........secondly, can i attribute YSR's break into TFM to Ilayaraja.....like, YSR is incredibly lucky to be born as son of IR, so that he got a break in TFM......

Sanjeevi
16th February 2006, 10:19 PM
ARR was incredibly lucky to have a film with Mani Ratnam as his debut. It was the national attention Roja got through dubbing that also made ARR incredibly famous. Would ARR have made an impact with his first film if he debuted with some average lackluster film instead?

i really dont think even if YSR debuts in a Karan Johar movie would become as popular as ARRahman, simply because Yuvan Shankar Raja's music is not as good as ARRahman's........secondly, can i attribute YSR's break into TFM to Ilayaraja.....like, YSR is incredibly lucky to be born as son of IR, so that he got a break in TFM......

It was easy to enter YSR into tamil cine field due to music pithamagan IR. But it is enough to survive??? If yes, why Karthik Raja is not in the front row even though he has good strength in music.

BTW, i laugh more when remembering media interviews given by ARR at his early days :lol:

Dragun
16th February 2006, 11:41 PM

That is true, and YSR at the beginning was not as strong as ARR in the beginning. Still, what if ARR had debuted with Pavitra or Vandicholai Chinarasu instead of Roja :P

Big breaks aside, YSR is developing his talents. While I still think ARR uses techno and dance beats in a more unique and interesting way, YSR is pretty good in this area too. And he's given some good melodic numbers also.

MADDY
17th February 2006, 12:19 PM
vasanth, there is a difference between good MDs and great MDs......i dont want to sound like the old-IR fans who rejected ARR in the 90's as junk.....but i really think YSR has not shown any greatness with his music so far and he has already 6 yr-old in TFM........neither he has given classy music like IR nor has he broken the sales records like ARR......

FYI, u cant assign ARR's greatness to destiny and luck........Vandicholai chinrasu also wud have sounded so different from other MDs songs in 1992.......

MrJudge
17th February 2006, 12:59 PM
Kedi is almost complette only songs are to be shot:

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/20466.html

Vallavan is coming out in April and so is Pattiayal. So three albums of Yuvan will come out next month. Hooray!

vasanth2006
17th February 2006, 06:27 PM
It was easy to enter YSR into tamil cine field due to music pithamagan IR. But it is enough to survive??? If yes, why Karthik Raja is not in the front row even though he has good strength in music.

Excellent Point....

Vandicholai chinrasu also wud have sounded so different from other MDs songs in 1992.......

if u r say that VC is excellent, then there is no point to argue.

then what happened to ARR while joining to small/non-creative directors?(like parasuram, udhaya, Enakku 20 unakku 18, kadhal virus) and what happened to his sales market while his films flopped?(like KangaLal Kaidhu sei and above films).

from the starting of his carrier, you seperate the huge directors(like mani rathnam, sankar) films and see the other movies. u will see the diff.but he may did some good musical albums with small directors.that all came from before 2000.after 2000, he is struggling little bit. that is the different story.

I m not opposing ARR ( even i am a old fan of ARR).He is the master. there is no doubt on that. but most of his success runs on good creative directors. if u r accepting or not, i think that is true.

MrJudge
17th February 2006, 07:11 PM
KK movie is average according to sify:

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/review.php?id=14143276&ctid=5&cid=2429

MADDY
17th February 2006, 10:15 PM
if u r say that VC is excellent, then there is no point to argue.

then what happened to ARR while joining to small/non-creative directors?(like parasuram, udhaya, Enakku 20 unakku 18, kadhal virus) and what happened to his sales market while his films flopped?(like KangaLal Kaidhu sei and above films).

from the starting of his carrier, you seperate the huge directors(like mani rathnam, sankar) films and see the other movies. u will see the diff.but he may did some good musical albums with small directors.that all came from before 2000.after 2000, he is struggling little bit. that is the different story.

I m not opposing ARR ( even i am a old fan of ARR).He is the master. there is no doubt on that. but most of his success runs on good creative directors. if u r accepting or not, i think that is true.

hey vasanth, do u mean to say that ARR's gud music was because of gud directors and not bcos of him????okkkk fine ARR had to be something extra special for KB,BR,MR,Shankar to prefer him over IR during 90's isn't it??...y hasnt it happened it for YSR???? y no big director has yet broken with ARR to try YSR??? this shows that YSR is nnot that special........if u r accepting or not, i think that is true.

buggle
18th February 2006, 12:30 AM
Yeah IR attitude cost ARR a fortune...if MR decided to stay with IR for Roja, we wont be talkin abt ARR at this time...

I guess someone will accept this

MADDY
18th February 2006, 09:07 AM
Yeah IR attitude cost ARR a fortune...if MR decided to stay with IR for Roja, we wont be talkin abt ARR at this time...

gud point buggle....yeah i guess i will accept this.....y me, even ARR will accept it......but through this thread we can see only "IFs" and "BUTs" and no sure statements from YSR side......

IF this thread was administered by me i would deleted all the posts :lol: :lol: .......

ansa400
18th February 2006, 09:41 AM

Yeah, also IR attitude cost YSR a fortune..If IR had wished YSR to become a doctor instead of music director, we wont be talkin abt YSR at this time....

I guess everyone will accept this. :lol: :lol: :rotfl:

rashid2raj
18th February 2006, 04:26 PM

Yeah, also IR attitude cost YSR a fortune..If IR had wished YSR to become a doctor instead of music director, we wont be talkin abt YSR at this time....

I guess everyone will accept this. :lol: :lol: :rotfl:

:rotfl:

buggle
18th February 2006, 11:13 PM
i dont see any point in ansa response...

Dragun
19th February 2006, 12:49 AM
YSR has not shown himself to be a immediate hit like IR or ARR, but nowadays he's doing some good work here and there. Don't write him off just yet.

He's not as abstract and experimental as ARR, though.

Of course, YSR has his own muse in Selvaraghavan, who, IMO, has brought out YSR's best work.

Not even ARR can give always great music if the situations/director are not good. Look at Parasuram or Udaya. Or even E20U18, which wasn't as bad, but still not noteworthy.

MrJudge
20th February 2006, 10:43 AM
Watched Kalvanin Kathali last weekend, Periya koththal. This is the first movie of Surya I watched. How on earth this guy gets offers for acting, even Ramarajan looks better than this guy. Three movies are enough, it is high time he concentrates directing alone!

MrJudge
23rd February 2006, 04:26 PM
Seems like KK will fetch some profit for the distributors, that means more torture from SJS in future? :(

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14146424

ansa400
23rd February 2006, 05:16 PM
Saw KK, Yuvan'S name in the title was shown like "ILAYA ISAIGNANI". :wink:

Vysar
23rd February 2006, 06:39 PM
Nothing could beat the "Multiple Star" title for S.J.Surya.

ansa400
23rd February 2006, 07:52 PM
Nothing could beat the "Multiple Star" title for S.J.Surya.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention it. :lol: :lol: :rotfl: :rotfl:

rashid2raj
23rd February 2006, 11:32 PM
I like S.J.Surya.. He's funny :lol:

MrJudge
24th February 2006, 02:41 PM
After 'Boys', KK gets no points from AV!

Sanjeevi
27th February 2006, 12:22 AM
Pattial audio on Monday

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/20644.html

Scale
27th February 2006, 10:35 AM
Watched Kalvanin Kathali last weekend, Periya koththal. This is the first movie of Surya I watched . How on earth this guy gets offers for acting, even Ramarajan looks better than this guy. Three movies are enough, it is high time he concentrates directing alone!

Why? Aa Aah! ?

Werent you expecting a better hit both musically & movie wise :wink:. Proves, ARR was the main reason for its legitimate run.

naattamai @ :lol: :rotfl:

MrJudge
27th February 2006, 12:32 PM
Got hold of "Pattiyal" CD. There are six songs in the album:

1. Dei Namma - Vijay Yesudhas
2. Yedhedho - YSR and Shwetha
3. Kannai vittu - YSR
4. Poga poga - Haricharan, Vijay, Saindhavi, Harini Sudhakar
5. Namma Kaatula - Ilayaraja, Roshini
6. Kannai vittu (Remix) - YSR and Premji

Songs are penned by Pa.Vijay and mixed in Thailand.

Even from the first listening, YSR proves why he is the future of tfm :)

thumburu
27th February 2006, 01:22 PM
Few quick action points to Yuvan
1. stop being an ARR wannabe
2. Lots of improvement needed on the interludes department
3. Even few good songs of him like "malargaLe malargaLe" (PKS) give a feeling like as if played inside a disc. Let him listen to his dad's works to create the apt mood according to the song situation.[ As an example, listen to the songs "dhagam edukkira neram", "oh nenjame" from an early 80's film "enakkaaga kaathiru". I feel like Iam in the midst of a snowfall whenever I hear these songs.

MrJudge
27th February 2006, 02:38 PM
'kannai vittu' is easily the pick of the album, it runs for only 2.20 mins., should have been longer :(

vasanth2006
27th February 2006, 03:05 PM
is there any online source for "pattiyal" songs?

MrJudge
27th February 2006, 07:00 PM
is there any online source for "pattiyal" songs?

Not yet I think, should be available in couple of days!

vijayr
27th February 2006, 08:36 PM
to continue with action points:
4. stop singing - Next to Rajnikanth in Mannan,YSR's singing in oru naaLil oru kanavu(Pudhupettai) has got to be the worst I have heard in a long time(both singing and pronunciation). This is one area where he doesnt need to follow his dad.

Sanjeevi
27th February 2006, 10:22 PM
Pattiyalil Shreya goshal illaiya :roll:

rashid2raj
27th February 2006, 10:32 PM
4. stop singing - Next to Rajnikanth in Mannan,YSR's singing in oru naaLil oru kanavu(Pudhupettai) has got to be the worst I have heard in a long time(both singing and pronunciation). This is one area where he doesnt need to follow his dad.

I like that song from pudhupettai, and his voice too.

Sanjeevi
27th February 2006, 10:40 PM
some similarities between ARR and YSR in voice

rashid2raj
27th February 2006, 10:48 PM
some similarities between ARR and YSR in voice

Yaa.. Like arr as he were in the early 90's :)

rags141
28th February 2006, 03:10 AM
Simply Awesome!!!!

Except for "Dei Namma" all other songs are gr8....

YSR is in good form n turnin hits after hits....

1. Yedhedho .... Very Good Melody ... YSR's rendition is also good ... Awesome interludes.....
2. Poga Poga ... Surprise Package .... Starts off with a Rap....becomes a melody (different melody structure).... My Pick of the Album
3. Namma Kaatula ... IR rocks .... once again different melody pattern .... pretty close to slow paced AATAMA THEROTAMA song.
4. Kannai Vittu .... ANother awesome melody...only 2.25 mts though.... SECOND PICK of the Album
5. Dei Namma .... Didnt interest me in the 1st few minutes.... gotto patiently listen to it fully to give my comments

Awesome Album....YSR defy rocks.

baba88
28th February 2006, 03:29 AM
I have the feeling that YSR is always doing the same type of Music. He doesn't experiment with his music like ARR. SO the listeners will get bored soon. Like Vijay's movies. Vijay does only Mass movies and what happened ? Aathi flopped. That will happen to YSR soon if he doesn't try something different. Always Premji's rap, a remix with an old song and a dance number.

baba88
28th February 2006, 03:30 AM
I have the feeling that YSR is always doing the same type of Music. He doesn't experiment with his music like ARR. SO the listeners will get bored soon. Like Vijay's movies. Vijay does only Mass movies and what happened ? Aathi flopped. That will happen to YSR soon if he doesn't try something different. Always Premji's rap, a remix with an old song and a dance number.

And Premji takes his lyrics from English Rap numbers.

popeye11
28th February 2006, 05:24 AM

Comeon dude stop complaining! This Album Rocks!
Songs sounds fresh.. this guy has talent and the rhythms are new and innovative.
Listeners are not getting bored infact we are getting hooked to his MUSIC!
Peas!

MrJudge
28th February 2006, 07:49 AM
3. Namma Kaatula ... IR rocks .... once again different melody pattern .... pretty close to slow paced AATAMA THEROTAMA song.

Yes, after long time, IR's voice has same enthu as in "vellikilamai" song from 'siva' (Rajini starrer).

MrJudge
28th February 2006, 08:01 AM

Comeon dude stop complaining! This Album Rocks!
Songs sounds fresh.. this guy has talent and the rhythms are new and innovative.
Listeners are not getting bored infact we are getting hooked to his MUSIC!
Peas!

Leave him alone... I don't think he has listened to the album yet. He just complains by going the list of songs. :)

I think Yuvan is talented enough to experiment when projects demand. Take recent Puthupettai, it is a new attempt and daringly different from usual tamil albums.

jegansavannah
28th February 2006, 08:09 AM
cmon ARR fans be cool. atleast YSR success helped us to get nonstop hits. trust me , 1nce in while we get good songs from ARR in tfm as hez very picky abt movies (max 5 tamil movies in a year). As IR dnt work with good directors(imean big banners) these days.if YSR ISNT THERE we gotto hear music from deva,sirpi s.a rajkumar. atleast YSR arrival has eradicated the so and so MUSIC DIRECTORS from TFM

bTW

Heard PATTIYAL .. NOT A BAD 1 FROM YUVAN I AM SURE IT WILL BE A ANOTHER CHARTBUSTER FOR YUVAN(not to mention he rulez the present TFM)

njv
28th February 2006, 09:53 AM
Namma Kaatula rocks. Like rags141 mentioned, it is a slow version of Attamma Therottama.

I wonder what IR would have felt to sing a "pop" song for his son! Need to buy the CD. The beat just kill you.

This is not the best of YSR. Pudhupettai song is still my favorite but this is good.

MrJudge
28th February 2006, 10:07 AM
For those who are in abroad and very keen to hear the songs, tamilnapster has hosted it already.

vasanth2006
28th February 2006, 12:54 PM
He is once again proves that he is the ruler of TFM.
Weather the album is succeed or not (after the film release). because the KK album's success is hugely decreased after film release. it is very disappointment and not upto expectation.

then about songs,
All the songs are really Rocking.........(only 2 times i heared).

Kannai vittu, yedhetho are pick of the album.excellent melodious numbers.

Namma Kattula,dai Namma is very, very catchy after 2 to 3 times hearing.

poga poga is good one.

Hello please hear the Kannai vittu song, then tell yuvan is good singer or not. according to me IR,ARR, YSR voices has more "pavam" then Normal singers.

Finally as usual Yuvan Rocks.....................

MrJudge
28th February 2006, 01:17 PM
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14150406

http://sify.com/imagegallery/gallery/index.php?hcategory=13733818&hgallery=14048389&sort_idx=

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/Gallery/events/Photos/Pattiyal%20Music%20Release/index.html

inetk
28th February 2006, 05:10 PM
100 vaarthaigal. Vazhakkam Pol!
http://www.milliblog.blogspot.com/

Karthik

rashid2raj
28th February 2006, 06:17 PM
I love "Kannai vittu" song! So Rnb'ish.. Superb simpel melody. With superb beats and synths!

And the remix version sounds good too, with Premji 8-)

Renault
28th February 2006, 07:58 PM
Not sure about Yuvan's choice of singers.. be it Kamalhassan for Nerruppu Vaayil in Pudhupettai.. or Dhanush for Enga Area in Pudhupettai .. or Maestro for Namma Kaatuule.. It seens he has hit the BULLS EYE..

Way to go!!!

12bums
28th February 2006, 09:57 PM
Guys, while pattiyal rocks, just listen to his trailer score for 'Pudhupettai' - awesome!

MrJudge
28th February 2006, 10:40 PM
Guys, while pattiyal rocks, just listen to his trailer score for 'Pudhupettai' - awesome!

That trailer was pretty old, it has been coming on tv for sometime now. Yes, the score is good esp. when Dhanush is dancing near fire.

MrJudge
28th February 2006, 10:56 PM
To me the surprise thing is Pa.Vijay's Lyrics in this album. He has done a good job compared to his previous works with Yuvan. It is good to see Na.Muthukumar, Snehan (Raam) and Pa.vijay (Pattiyal) are doing good with Yuvan.

rashid2raj
28th February 2006, 11:36 PM
That trailer was pretty old, it has been coming on tv for sometime now. Yes, the score is good esp. when Dhanush is dancing near fire.

Pudhupettai sounds good.. :)

But, what happened? Wasn't it supposed to be out now? Know any release date?

MrJudge
1st March 2006, 08:09 AM

Pudhupettai sounds good.. :)

But, what happened? Wasn't it supposed to be out now? Know any release date?

Pudhupettai comes to theatres on April 14th.

hariprasadb23
1st March 2006, 05:51 PM
very good album
poga poga and kannai vittu are my picks
lyrics are very good in this album hats off to pa vijay
and regarding yuvan's voice good voice among music dir.
YUVAN ROCKS

Vysar
1st March 2006, 06:04 PM
Listen to "King of Chennai" from Badri

http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0000345.html

"Kannai Vittu" from Pattiyal

http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0000788.html

The starting tune of the song is the same. When IR lifts from legends Beethovan, MSV etc his son is lifting from Telugu MDs.

Chelian
1st March 2006, 06:28 PM
Similarity of small parts in songs is just coincidence.
Vysar - you need to listen to Deva , his son or Vidyasagar to 'know' what copying means..

And abt IR lifting from Bethoven or MSV ---A big Joke!!!!!!!
Its irritating when people like you like try very hard to match IR 's or YSR music with others and pathetically call it lifted.

YSR definitely ROCKs in pattiyal!!!!!

inetk
1st March 2006, 06:32 PM
Kannai vittu is definitely got nothing to do with that song in Badri. Its in fact a partial lift of Kevin Lyttle's 2003 chartbuster 'Turn me on' that was recently lifted far more blatantly by Anu Malik on Deewane huye paagal as 'Chakle chakle'. Check out No. 55 in the Anu Malik page in www.itwofs.com.

YSR's inspiration is not as blatant as Malik but you could easily make out the first two lines' similarity!

thumburu
1st March 2006, 06:40 PM
Vysar, try harder man.

baba88
1st March 2006, 07:54 PM
After YSR's latest albums I started liking his music.
But now I see that YSR is one of the biggest Copycats (after HJ) in TFM. He copied the tune and the lyrics, too !!
Listen to Ivan Kattil Kaatan Mannan from Kalvanin Kadhali.

Now listen to this song
http://rapidshare.de/files/14427128/OhMyGosh-BasementJaxx.rm.html

I think now you understand me.

rashid2raj
1st March 2006, 09:03 PM
But now I see that YSR is one of the biggest Copycats (after HJ) in TFM. He copied the tune and the lyrics, too !!

Now listen to this song

His earlier songs has a lot of copying. Ex. Khadal Konden!

Scale
1st March 2006, 09:39 PM
Dign.
This was already in itwofs http://www.itwofs.com/tamil-yuvan.html
check 9.
End Dign.

Sanjeevi
1st March 2006, 11:42 PM

Now listen to this song

the worst song of Kalvanin kathali. :lol:

kamal133
1st March 2006, 11:59 PM
5. We may need to add ARR in that list for the song in Godfather. You can he is getting old when we compare this song with KM(Vellai Pookal). It would have been great song if someone else is used.

MADDY
2nd March 2006, 12:24 AM
5. We may need to add ARR in that list for the song in Godfather. You can he is getting old when we compare this song with KM(Vellai Pookal). It would have been great song if someone else is used.

hey kamal, if getting old is the criteria to be put in "bad-singers" list then y do we need to include d young YSR in it???

listen to ARR's voice in "khalbali" from RDBasanti and "yeh jo des hai tera" from swades, maybe it will change ur opinion.......

kamal133
2nd March 2006, 01:07 AM
What I was trying to say is, this song doesnt fit ARR. May be a fast song would be good.

interz
2nd March 2006, 02:18 AM
The ILayaraja song in Pattiyal is good, but rest of the songs arent that catchy, esp not kannai vittu, its better to listen to kevin lyttle's song.

rajasaranam
2nd March 2006, 07:04 PM
IR Rocks in 'Namma Kaatula' :) Reminds of some songs of Raja like nila Athu vaanathu mela, Veliikilamai velakku vachu, machi mannaaru or oororama aathu pakkam where he sings carelessly.
Iam in love with this song :oops:

baba88
2nd March 2006, 07:42 PM
Hello,

I have a question. What's up with Agaram ? Wasn't it by YSR ? I think the album released after Kalvanin Kadhali.
I have not read anything about the album. What do you YSR fans say about the album ? Is it another hit for him ?

Vysar
3rd March 2006, 02:32 AM
Yuvan to release non-film music album with some unique instruments.

http://www.dinakaran.com/epaper/2006/mar/03/disp.asp?i=13_10

MrJudge
3rd March 2006, 01:12 PM
Pattiyal - Magic recreated
IndiaGlitz [Friday, March 03, 2006]

Fresh from the success of Arindhum Ariyamalum, Vishnuvardhan is directing Pattiyal, which stars two young guns Arya and Bharath in the lead roles. Giving them company are Pooja and Padmapriya.

Yuvanshankar whose tunes in Arindhum Ariyalamum were a crucial factor in the movie's success has yet again come up with another rocking show.

The highlight is a racy song sung by Ilayaraja, where Yuvan has taken few samples from the yesteryear hit song Adaludan Padalai set to tunes by M S Viswanathan then.

Yuvanshankar himself has rendered his voice for a couple of songs. On the whole one gets a fresh feel after listening to these numbers. Vishnu and Yuvan's magic seems to have on work again.

Dei Namma (Vijay Yesudas)

A perfect beginning to the album. Yuvan's racy numbers have good orchestration. Dei Namma is no exception. Vijay Yesudas, who usually sings well within himself, reaches for new frontiers here. He adds pep with his voice. Handled the western beats with elegance, Yuvan certainly shows how to attract the youth set.

Yedhedho (Yuvanshankar, Raja, Shwetha)

Deciding to sing the song himself besides composing it seemingly leaves Yuvanshankar in a relaxed zone. His composed voice, given an able support by Shwetha, is the highlight. Yuvan's harmony is amazing. Seems to have learnt the lessons well from his dad. Yuvan has taken caution to ensure that music doesn't dominate the lyrics of Pa Vijay here.

Poga Poga (Haricharan, Vijay, Saindhavi and Harini Sudhakar)

Known for coming up with foot-tapping numbers mixing the contemporary film music with rap, Yuvan yet again shows his class. Begins with an enchanting rap, the song with youthful voices, has a charming ditty to it. The fresh voices carry the tune forward.. The use of the additional keyboards gives the desired effect. Sure to top the audio charts.

Namma Katulae (Ilayaraja, Roshini)

Perhaps the pick of the album, rendered inimitably by Ilayaraja himself. An enthusiastic and a brisk tune with use of instruments like Thavuil in between, the song is sure to go down well with the masses. Yuvan deserves a pat for mixing Adaludan Padal song from Kudi Irunda Kovil well here. Ilayaraja walks away with the show with aplomb.

Kannai Vittu (Yuvan Shankar, Premji)

Director Vishnuvardhan has a liking for brisk numbers but with different sounds. Having worked with him in Arindhum Ariyamalum, Yuvan seems to have developed a good rapport, understanding his likes and dislikes. He has given the same here. The racy song with peppy beats. The combo Yuvan of Premji in vocals show a rare understanding and are absolutely in sync.

Pattityal is another rocking hit from Yuvan.

MrJudge
3rd March 2006, 01:17 PM
Yuvan to release non-film music album with some unique instruments.

http://www.dinakaran.com/epaper/2006/mar/03/disp.asp?i=13_10

Vysar, thanks for the news. Yuvan got a break in the non-filmi album "The blast" which had some good instrumental tracks. (I think it was produced by Suresh, Velai's director, don't know what happened to him) Hope this one turns out a bigger hit and better in quality.

Scale
3rd March 2006, 05:37 PM
IR Rocks in 'Namma Kaatula' :) Reminds of some songs of Raja like nila Athu vaanathu mela, Veliikilamai velakku vachu, machi mannaaru or oororama aathu pakkam where he sings carelessly.

Never ever dreamt Raja will sing such song. Truely Rocks!!! :thumbsup: This album is another typical A_A. Grows!

rashid2raj
3rd March 2006, 08:07 PM

Never ever dreamt Raja will sing such song. Truely Rocks!!! :thumbsup: This album is another typical A_A. Grows!

Me too maan! Never thought IR would do this kind of song. I expected some slow melodie song, like the one from Nanda! Anyway good job, hatts off for yuvan :wink:

vijayr
3rd March 2006, 08:49 PM
YSR has gone overboard a little bit with the voice distortion technique that Rahman used in a few of his songs earlier, which doesnt sound good here. He could have left IR's voice track alone. But for that, the song is listenable. YSR's voice is a big minus in some of the other songs, could have used someone else.

baba88
3rd March 2006, 09:38 PM
Can anyone send Kannai Vittu Remix LYRICS ?

Thanks

rashid2raj
3rd March 2006, 10:00 PM
YSR has gone overboard a little bit with the voice distortion technique that Rahman used in a few of his songs earlier, which doesnt sound good here. He could have left IR's voice track alone. But for that, the song is listenable. YSR's voice is a big minus in some of the other songs, could have used someone else.

For kannai vittu song, i think YSR voice is the best.. :)

prabhudas
4th March 2006, 08:35 AM
I wrote about YSR's good attempts in his very early movie " Poovellam Kaettu Par" and his best original work "Dheena" several years ago in TFM forum, personally (( from a HC IR fan's view) never bothered after that for the quality of music he was producing despite many of his songs being superhits , I listened to "Pudhupettai" soon after it's release, personally it is the best effort by YSR todate , this is one album after a very very long time which I am anticiapting very eagerly to watch the song picturisation in the movie.
But for his singing ( my God he kills Tamil so efficiently like there is no other competetition), his voice is bad - like extra bonus to his pronounciation attrocities, but the orchestration in almost all songs is much better, and the lyric by NaMuKU ( oru Naazhil) is so good ( touches the very bottom of our life philosophically, just fantastic) but YSR has made sure to sc*** it up rock solid ( the non remix version), I still liked the remix version , his music has dominated his voice with the inspired humming ( sounds like the Enigma song humming) layered on top.
My favorite is Vijay Jesudas's ( Pul Pesum) amazing song knocked me off totally and grows like a wild fire with every listen,
the theme musics are great especially "selling dope" I don't if it's just me or anyone else think there is some heavy inspiration on the percussion beats from " Jesse Cook's songs in that theme music, overall, still very nice
somehow, Kamal's song is the only one I am not, getting a desire to listen repeatedly, "Enga area" made me feel like I was in college again, super..., overall a great album by Jr.Maestro ( summa joke daan, about this title not about the album)

Ippo aduthu "Pattiyal" le pappom, another decent work for those "AA " gang, again his singing is a big sore point, may be he is thrusting it forcibly like his Dad so over a period of time people get used to his voice ( he is nowhere close to his dad is another thing)
"Kannaivittu" is good , again if anybody remember watching last years MTV music awards ( US not desi), there was a song presentation by the Rap Mogul ( as he is called in addition to a dozen other names which he constantly keeps changing, ) Sean Puff Diddy, where a Rap song was played with a full orchestra supported western classical music in the orchestration ( it was very innovative and good anyway), somehow I suspect there are lots of inspiration ( suspicion only) from that with some similar orchestration in the back ( it's partial inspiration from Kevin Lyttle's song is probably discussed already I think)
My best pick is " yedhedho" with some amazing interludes, Mottai song is good, voice distortion tech just doesn't suit Mottai's voice like some other singer's voice and infact sounds totally irritating
another good album overall
YSR is becoming the hottest desi Rapper with too many Indianised HipHop songs

Side note: Imagine if the "Zha"...garam" song in "Poi" by SPB ( MD : VS, a very good song) had been sung by many of the inefficient singers of current time who kill massacre Tamil by their pronounciation

Prabhudas

MrJudge
4th March 2006, 08:42 AM
I wrote about YSR's good attempts in his very early movie " Poovellam Kaettu Par" and his best original work "Dheena" several years ago in TFM forum, personally (( from a HC IR fan's view) never bothered after that for the quality of music he was producing despite many of his songs being superhits ,

Didn't you like Nanda? I think it was also a different album by Yuvan.

MrJudge
4th March 2006, 08:44 AM
AIBI movie is coming to theaters on April 14th. So the audio should be coming out this month. Vallvan may come out soon to0, hhhhhurrray!

Sanjeevi
4th March 2006, 04:38 PM
Pattial is mass while PP is class

njv
4th March 2006, 06:00 PM
After repeated listening, I put Mercury Pookal on the top of the recently released. KR has done a good job and you can see the touch of IR in many places.

PP is next and has some variety. Pattial, except IR song (always IR tops man), rest of them are rehash. It doesnt appeal much.

etc1bin
5th March 2006, 10:15 AM
Hi All,
I saw in Landmark a CD with around 20 sound tracks from '7G Rainbow COlony". Did anyone listen to it? Is it available somewhere in net so that I could listen to it before buying?

Thanks,
etc1bin

great
5th March 2006, 12:13 PM
Hi All,
I saw in Landmark a CD with around 20 sound tracks from '7G Rainbow COlony". Did anyone listen to it? Is it available somewhere in net so that I could listen to it before buying?

Thanks,
etc1bin

check out raaga :roll: :roll:

reagan87
5th March 2006, 03:15 PM
Mottai song is good, voice distortion tech just doesn't suit Mottai's voice like some other singer's voice and infact sounds totally irritating

Prabhudas

Sanjeevi
5th March 2006, 03:29 PM
hey "mottai" is a chella peyar of our Ilaiyaraja. :D

njv
5th March 2006, 06:38 PM
Mottai song is good, voice distortion tech just doesn't suit Mottai's voice like some other singer's voice and infact sounds totally irritating

Prabhudas

What the f**k ? Why is this idiot calling Illaiyaraja a "mottai" ??? Did anyone actually noticed this ? :x Sad biatch!

reagan, dont worry. Mottai is a pet name for IR. Most of IR fans refer him mottai only.

rajasaranam
6th March 2006, 02:21 AM
Ok this is evading me for quite some time. Hasnt IR scored and sung the same tune of 'Namma kaatula' with lyrics 'Puthu paatuthaan...koothuthaan' or something like that :?

kingvj
6th March 2006, 02:35 AM
In music, 'mottai' is IR.

In politics, mottai is Cho.

NOM, but just chellapaer. :-)

Kumanan
6th March 2006, 02:51 AM
Cho has nothing but IR still has some left over(Or little more than that), doesn't he? He is not technically mottai. Anyway why do we care about a musician's hair?! :)

rajasaranam, I had the same thought. You mean 'Netru orutharai orutharai parthom' song?! the part is 'Paatuthan..PuthuPatuthaan'.
http://as01.cooltoad.com/music/song.php?id=59954

IMHO, Pattiyal's best song is "Yedhedho Yennankal vanthu..."

vijayr
6th March 2006, 11:37 AM
namma kaattula is familiar on so many levels. The notes for "namma kaattula ' itself is almost ditto that of "enaii aaLum yeja...." from oru naaLum unnai maravaadha song with its Sindhubhairavi-based tune. That Hindi song remixed at the beginning is another old idea and sounds familiar too.

ezy0265
6th March 2006, 04:57 PM
vijayr,

ingeyum vanthu vaangapporannnnnn

The 'vaittherucchal' that you feel when you hear great music from YSR or Harris is also very familiar all over these forums. What are we to do about that! I am just not able to identify the raagam of your "vaittherucchal", please sound it louder, perhaps some music experts might be able to tell!

jegansavannah
7th March 2006, 09:22 PM
[tscii:083e8628dd]By Aparna Nath, Chennai: Yuvan Shankar Raja continues to rule the Tamil film music scene with his classy numbers. After "Pudupettai" and "Kalvanin Kadhali", his latest hit is "Pattiyal".

The top five Tamil albums are:

1. "Pattiyal" - Music director: Yuvan Shankar Raja. "Pattiyal" is about two young men, and the audio also is aimed at youngsters. Simply put, the music of "Pattiyal" rocks.

2. "Kalvanin Kadhali" - Music director: Yuvan Shankar Raja. The film has hit bull's eye and the music is also topping the charts. The song "Eno kangal" sung by Yuvan and Sadhana Sargam is very popular among the youngsters.

3. "Pudupettai" - Music director: Yuvan Shankar Raja. There is still some time for release of the film but the album is already rocking.

4. "Poi" - Music director: Vidyasagar. "Poi" is K. Balachander's 101st film, which targets youngsters. Naturally the album has a lot of peppy numbers.

5. "Thambi" - Music director: Vidyasagar. The film has not fared well at the box office and soon the music will also disappear from the minds of people.

© Copyright 2006 by MusicIndiaOnLine.com

what happend to " GODFATHER" I Tthough it will be somewhere in top 3 spots. I am sure i does pretty good Buisness than POI and THAMBI

[/tscii:083e8628dd]

Sanjeevi
8th March 2006, 12:48 AM
jegansavannah, you may be correct. Definitely GF will do brisk business due to ARR ad Thala fans.

isaivirumbi
8th March 2006, 07:05 PM
Ok this is evading me for quite some time. Hasnt IR scored and sung the same tune of 'Namma kaatula' with lyrics 'Puthu paatuthaan...koothuthaan' or something like that :?

Yes. The starting of Namma kattula is exactly same as the lines quoted by Rajasaranam in IR superhit song "Nethu oruthare oruthare paarthen"

Sanjeevi
8th March 2006, 09:53 PM
Namma kattula definitely rocks all the way even though it remindes "Pattuthan Puthu Pattuthan", "Aatama Therottama" and "Aadaludan Padalai", etc.

It is quite OK.

But but...

popeye11
9th March 2006, 07:27 PM
Check this out
Vishals next movie after sandakozhi .. Thimir
U1 is the MD

Vishal, Reema again
IndiaGlitz [Thursday, March 09, 2006]

Vishal and Reema Sen, who came together for director Gandhi Krishna's Chellame, are paired together for their next movie titled Thimir.

For Vishal, who from an assistant director ventured to become an actor will be commencing his next movie soon to be directed by a debutant Tharun Gopi. Reema Sen would be acting opposite him and also in the cast includes Shreya Reddy. A popular VJ, she left her mark acting in few Malayalam movies. The movie would have musical scores by Yuvan Shankar Raja.

Interestingly, Thimir would be produced by Vikram Krishna (Vishal's brother) who produced Vishal's Sandai kozhi last year.

kamal133
10th March 2006, 12:21 AM
In PP, no one got offended by the words in the song "Enga Area" which says "Padicha Nayee Ulley Varaathey...."?. Or its only me?

rashid2raj
10th March 2006, 12:27 AM
In PP, no one got offended by the words in the song "Enga Area" which says "Padicha Nayee Ulley Varaathey...."?. Or its only me?

No, it's cool, i feel it's okay.. :D , my father hate it..

between it is Padicha Nayee Kidde Varaathey...." and not ulley, Hehe. :wink:

inetk
10th March 2006, 01:06 PM
The audio of Yuvan's next Telugu movie 'Ram' is out. Anybody heard it yet?

http://www.idlebrain.com/news/functions/audio-ram.html

vasanth2006
10th March 2006, 01:58 PM
any online source of telugu Ram movie?

vasanth2006
10th March 2006, 02:37 PM
i think telugu "happy" is rocking.....
in raaga.com also, it is no 1.
Congrats U1.

12bums
10th March 2006, 08:52 PM
It seems YSR is Md for Jeeva's next film 'July Katril'. http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/20927.html

Sanjeevi
10th March 2006, 10:25 PM
Without big heros, big banners, big directors (except Selvaragavan) he has done a lot. Anyone can see the fire in Yuvan as it was in his father IR's early days.

K
10th March 2006, 11:15 PM
epaper.tamilmurasu.in page 13 Yuvan about dad and patiyal song

K
10th March 2006, 11:16 PM
http://epaper.tamilmurasu.in/2006/mar/10/13_4.jpg proper URL

Sanjeevi
10th March 2006, 11:23 PM
thanks K :D

Sanjeevi
11th March 2006, 12:24 AM
Yo Yuvan...You There ?

Tamil Film Music is undergoing a sea of change.It's at an all time high.The freshness , vibrancy and the pure pleasure of listening to something innovative in today's Film Music is a blessing.

This revolution , if i may , is lead by one - yeah - Yuvan Shankar Raja ! I had a golden opportunity to spend some time with him in his studio , when I was in India , a couple of weeks ago.

Yuvan is young , energetic and most importantly very creative.He is also blessed with a great team of young minds who strive to give nothing but the best.The team a.ka. Selvaraghavan(Kadhal Kondaen , 7G Rainbow Colony and now Pudhupettai),Vishnuvardhan(Kurumbu,Arindhum Ariyamamalum and now Pattial) and Simbu(Manmadhan and now Vallavan) are like the "Band of Brothers".They dont have the cliched Director - Music Director relationship.

His music is heavily influenced by his propensity to International Music.But then again , he would churn out a totally mind blowing Carnatic number , or mix Carnatic with western beats and give you Kanda Naal Mudhalaai (from Kanda Naal Mudhal)

The one thing you can bet on Yuvan is that he is going to try to give you something creative and soul stirring.He is a workaholic and Music is what he thinks , lives and breathes ! (Duh..That's a surprise)

Some of his recent best :

1.Oru Naalil - Pudhupettai

2.Merke Merke -Kanda Naal Mudhal

3.Panithuli - Kanda Naal Mudhal

4.Eno Kangal - Kalvanin Kadhali

5.Kadhal Enbadhu - Oru Kalooriyin Kadhai

6.Pul Pesum - Pudhupettai

Also , all you Yuvan fans , cross your fingers , Yuvan told me something very tempting just as I left his studio."Yuvan:Unplugged - Live in the USA" - - is in the works ., will keep you guys posted.

(PS , I should thank my good buddies Srinath and Simbu (also in pic) who took me along for their recording session of "Vallavan" - Watch out - Vallavan is going to rock)

http://vettimokkai.blogspot.com/2006/01/yo-yuvanyou-there.html

rashid2raj
11th March 2006, 12:46 AM
Yuvan:Unplugged - Live in the USA

Holy shiit.. Titel sounds superb.. Hehe. :D

MrJudge
11th March 2006, 03:19 PM
Yuvan's telugu movie Ram trailer is available at:

http://www.idlebrain.com/movietape/ram.html

vasanth2006
13th March 2006, 02:23 PM
check out the audio of Telugu "RAM"

http://www.raaga.com/channels/telugu/movie/A0000547.html

vasanth2006
13th March 2006, 02:45 PM
Yuvan did Excellent work in RAM as usual.
very very catchy tunes...
3 songs are excellent Level.
but he did 2 kuttu songs also.(Even though the kuttu songs are catcy).over iraichal.
that is sad part of this. i dont want more kuttu songs from u1. there are lot of peoples for kuttu songs.

vasanth2006
13th March 2006, 02:46 PM
Yuvan did Excellent work in RAM as usual.
very very catchy tunes...
3 songs are excellent Level.
but he did 2 kuttu songs also.(Even though the kuttu songs are catcy).over iraichal.
that is sad part of this. i dont want more kuttu songs from u1. there are lot of peoples for kuttu songs.
he can do that. but he should reduce that.

vasanth2006
13th March 2006, 02:52 PM
Yuvan is rocking with KK,PP,Patiyal in TFM.

in Telugu also, He is rocking with Happy and Ram.
(Happy leads the race in telugu.)

what a prolific guy!!!!!

popeye11
13th March 2006, 07:52 PM
Yuvan Back with a BANG! with RAM - Telugu
Songs are Rocking!
Another hit following HAPPY

inetk
13th March 2006, 08:17 PM
100 words on Ram!

Sanjeevi
14th March 2006, 01:04 AM
Today's Tamil murasu says Yuvan's telugu RAM pattai kilapukirathu

http://epaper.tamilmurasu.in/2006/mar/13/disp.asp?i=12_6

MrJudge
15th March 2006, 10:31 AM
Pattiyal is coming to theaters on 17th!

MrJudge
15th March 2006, 10:33 AM
[tscii:df3d86f94a]'Pattiyal` gets `A`!
By Moviebuzz | Wednesday, 15 March , 2006, 10:13
Vishnuvardhan’s Pattiyal featuring Arya, Bharath as hired killers has been given an ‘A’ certificate by regional censors for its violent theme.

Producer ‘Punnagaipoove’ Geeta and Vishnuvardhan tried their best to get an ‘UA’ certificate but censors were adamant that the theme required an ‘A’ with three minor cuts!

Pattiyal has become the hottest film with Yuvan’s music turning out to be a winner. Producer Geeta was able to get a record Rs 5.75 Crore from theatrical rights alone from Tamilnadu.

The film is expected to open big on Friday, Mar 17 as Arya, Bharath and Vishnuvardhan are a craze among the youth. [/tscii:df3d86f94a]

MADDY
15th March 2006, 12:05 PM
[tscii:a9567aa52b]'Pattiyal` gets `A`!
By Moviebuzz | Wednesday, 15 March , 2006, 10:13
Vishnuvardhan’s Pattiyal featuring Arya, Bharath as hired killers has been given an ‘A’ certificate by regional censors for its violent theme.

Producer ‘Punnagaipoove’ Geeta and Vishnuvardhan tried their best to get an ‘UA’ certificate but censors were adamant that the theme required an ‘A’ with three minor cuts!

Pattiyal has become the hottest film with Yuvan’s music turning out to be a winner. Producer Geeta was able to get a record Rs 5.75 Crore from theatrical rights alone from Tamilnadu.

The film is expected to open big on Friday, Mar 17 as Arya, Bharath and Vishnuvardhan are a craze among the youth. [/tscii:a9567aa52b]

judge, how pathetic you are and wat double standards u maintain in reacting to web news links......u mock ARR-fans when we proclaim RDbasanti is a hit according to sify but u want ur fellow YSR fans to believe these crap links from moviebuzz.......hahaha....judge, u better maintain some consistency in reacting to news links on web....

thumburu
15th March 2006, 02:18 PM
hello maddy, take ur street fight with judge outside tfmp. You talk as if u guys don't post any links from some "uppuma" websites. Leave it.
Now coming to "Kalvanin kadhali", "eno kaNgaL" and "Tajmahal" are extremely catchy aka songs from Gajini.
Did u notice that these 2 songs and the other solo Ranjith song are set to the same scale? [Abheri?]

MADDY
15th March 2006, 06:02 PM
hello maddy, take ur street fight with judge outside tfmp. You talk as if u guys don't post any links from some "uppuma" websites. Leave it.
Now coming to "Kalvanin kadhali", "eno kaNgaL" and "Tajmahal" are extremely catchy aka songs from Gajini.
Did u notice that these 2 songs and the other solo Ranjith song are set to the same scale? [Abheri?]

thumburu, i guess, this advice shuld have been to ur guy and not me.....he started it and i guess this is just a reaction to wat he has done in our forums.....so, stop advicing me....there is nuthin i need to get adviced from you....understood???

njv
15th March 2006, 11:02 PM
u mock ARR-fans when we proclaim RDbasanti is a hit according to sify but u want ur fellow YSR fans to believe these crap links from moviebuzz.......hahaha....judge, u better maintain some consistency in reacting to news links on web....

I dont know the history of this particular fight, but RDB is a "mega" hit from CD sales perspective. Its coming out close to VZ/Parineeta in terms of sales (which were the tops in recent days)

slperson1
16th March 2006, 06:02 AM
Dei Namma - Finally after many attempts YSR hits a gana number right on the target Well hes had a couple of decent gana numbers like naatu saraku and Site adipom but other than that his gana numbers have been horrific. Glad to hear him come up with a good one this time.

Yedhedho - typical YSR number nothing new

Kanai Vittu - Awesome number its too bad its only 2 min plus change pick of the album

Poga Poga - Direct lift from an english rap number for the beginning, which brings the song down alot for me. But the actual song which plays afterwards is good.

Nama Kaatila - The first listening i fell over laughing to hear IR singin in this type of song (hip hoppish.) Then i thought how his son was able to convince him to sing this song. I figured he gave his dads the lyrics and let him sing the whole song without hearing the actual tune first, like ARR did with thottal poo malaram. But it is indeed a very good song.

Kanai Vittu (Remix) - Premji raps like a lil kid.

Overall: It isnt an Arindhum Ariyamalam but its good to hear alot of good songs commin out consistently in tamil[/b]

sanjeevk
16th March 2006, 04:34 PM
Poga Poga - Direct lift from an english rap number for the beginning, which brings the song down alot for me

umm jus wonderin which song was this a direct lift of??????

njv
16th March 2006, 07:46 PM
saw kalvanin kadhali last week and in the title they mentioned "ilaya isaignani yuvanshankar raja" - isaignani was given to IR by the then CM Karunanidhi and now people are using these names at will. Do they have any sense of how to earn such title or atleast what it means. Huh. Very disappointed to see YSR quoted like that. He is decades away from reaching that height.

selvakumar
16th March 2006, 08:13 PM
saw kalvanin kadhali last week and in the title they mentioned "ilaya isaignani yuvanshankar raja" - isaignani was given to IR by the then CM Karunanidhi and now people are using these names at will. Do they have any sense of how to earn such title or atleast what it means. Huh. Very disappointed to see YSR quoted like that. He is decades away from reaching that height.

Exactly. Even if the producer / director is keen in putting these kind of titles, the concerned people should reject it / oppose it strongly. They know their standars and their heights. Instead of making it sound like yet another "Little super star" kind of title by simbu, YSR should rethink about what goes around him

slperson1
16th March 2006, 08:30 PM
I dont remember the exact song but i know ive heard it before.ysr & premji do this often its nothing new to them.For example pushing it hard from kanda naal mudhal.

popeye11
16th March 2006, 08:53 PM
I dont remember the exact song but i know ive heard it before.ysr & premji do this often its nothing new to them.For example pushing it hard from kanda naal mudhal.

Well its better to stay off complaining if you dont have the evident source. Either way that song is good. Better than the other so called Hit songs.

Chelian
17th March 2006, 07:02 AM
Its well known fact that YSR gets 'inspiration' for rap bits for his songs from English songs.
I think its ok as long as the core of the song melody is not lifted.
There is no point mentioning it again and again.

MrJudge
17th March 2006, 05:09 PM
Watched "Pattiyal", very good movie. Bharath has excelled in this movie. Yuvan and Vishnu vardhan combo is in fine form again:)

Vysar
17th March 2006, 09:42 PM
Yuvan songs and RR rocks says SIFY.

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/review.php?id=14164659&ctid=5&cid=2429

MrJudge
17th March 2006, 09:42 PM
[tscii:f78480ae7d]From Sify.com

By Moviebuzz

Vishnuvardhan is the new style mannan among Tamil film directors, as proved by his debut film and now the latest Pattiyal. Stylistically inventive throughout, Vishnu’s foray into Chennai’s mean street inhabited by hired killers and ordinary slum dwellers arouse your interest and admiration for the director.

Video footage, moodily-lit authentic locations, intermittent flashes of zippy-zappy editing, top-line performances, digital imaging, knock out action scenes, great music and re-recording are just some of the highlights.

Pattiyal has a straightforward plot with an emotional core. Vishnu has beautifully etched out the friendship and bonding between two orphans, Koshy (Arya) and Selva (Bharath) who are hired killers for a middleman Sami (VMC Haneefa). Koshy is an emotionless, rough and tough guy who talks a lot while Selva is a fearless, deaf and dumb guy with some human emotions.

They are happy with whatever they make out of as contract killers for the rich and powerful and can’t think of life beyond their slums. Saroja (Padmapriya), a girl working in a garment company is crazy about Koshy who does not have any feeling for her. Selva meets Sandhya (Pooja) a salesgirl in a medical shop and they fall in love, which brings out the hidden romantic feelings and emotions in him. One day Sami gets them a big contract to kill a Kovai based businessman and politician Nachimuthu Gounder (Santhanabharathy), which turns their life upside down leading to a savage and brutal climax.

On the acting front, Vishnu has extracted astonishingly life-like performance from the lead cast. As Sami the middleman, VMC Haneefa is a surprise packet. Padmapriya as Saro is a revelation totally contrary to the image she had so far while Pooja as Sandhya is good. Arya is so hot-n-cool that you feel the fire-n-ice within. His body language and mannerism personifies the wry gangster with dollops of humour and his romantic encounters with Padmapriya are fun to watch.

But it is Bharath who is virtually the scene stealer. He has an author-backed role and you cannot take your eyes off him. As Selva the mute, he has an impassive face and his large eyes convey all the strangled emotions of a person unable to communicate with people around him. The scene where he bumps off Gounder towards the climax has the audience clapping and whistling!

Technically, Pattiyal is top class. Nirav Shah’s lighting and camerawork, Raj Kannan’s dialogues and Sreekar Prasad’s crisp editing gives the film an extra edge. Yuvan Shankar Raja’s music and background score is the life of the film and the songs are brilliantly inserted into the narrative. The first half is slightly slow while the tempo catches up in the last twenty minutes of the film which is racy and riveting. Vishnuvardhan has etched out the mute Selva character from Bangkok Dangerous and the atmosphere of City of Gods.

On the whole, Pattiyal is the most realistic gangster movie made in recent times with style and substance.

Verdict: Go, watch it! [/tscii:f78480ae7d]

reagan87
18th March 2006, 01:25 AM
I just watched Pattiyal and its one of the best Tamil movies in recent time.

itsmuls
18th March 2006, 12:09 PM
Review of Pattiyal by Indiaglitz

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/review/7922.html

MADDY
19th March 2006, 11:19 PM
hi nattamai, with regards to ur claim of pattiyal being a hit and advicing some internationally acclaimed MD to learn from him, could u pls answer these questions b4 moving ahead:

1) Which was the last record breaking BO hit with YSR music?
2) Which was the last YSR album that had no inspiration or remix of old IR or T.rajender song?
3) Can u name one movie that ran just for YSR's music?
4) which was the last big award that YSR had won?
5) Which album of YSR has sold more than ARR's boys?

please answer these questions and then criticise abt ARR....

abc
20th March 2006, 01:08 AM
hi nattamai, with regards to ur claim of pattiyal being a hit and advicing some internationally acclaimed MD to learn from him, could u pls answer these questions b4 moving ahead:

2) Which was the last YSR album that had no inspiration or remix of old IR or T.rajender song?

ARR and blah blah :lol:
you are desperate. if ARR is a gem, then why do you blab here? :lol:
ARR is a senior, ok accepted. but YSR will surpass him :thumbsup:
one question, can you name me a movie that ran for ARR? :roll:
ARR deserves better fans than you :razz:

njv
20th March 2006, 01:51 AM
one question, can you name me a movie that ran for ARR? :roll:
ARR deserves better fans than you :razz:

Kadhal Desam
Rhythm
Duet
Indira
Jeans (not for shankar or story)
Kadhalan (not for shankar)
May Madham
Sangamam

In hindi, a lot. Rangeela is one sample.

MADDY
20th March 2006, 08:08 AM
Kadhal Desam
Rhythm
Duet
Indira
May Madham
Sangamam

thnx,njv for the answer.... :D

abc, i was reacting to nattamai's claim in pattiyal thread, which was really uncalled for.....YSR, if he becomes great, then it will be bcos of his talent and not ARR's bad form...okk??i guess u cant refute this.....that's wat we are always telling judge that if YSR tastes success then he shuld be happy for him and not instantly criticise ARR.....abc, read the archives and old posts, u'll see who creates troubles and y ARR fans react to that.....

one more thing, njv,who answered u, is a hardcore-IR fan which in itself shows the respect that ARR has with TFM fans....

sanjeevk
20th March 2006, 08:45 AM
njv wrote:
Kadhal Desam
Rhythm
Duet
Indira
May Madham
Sangamam

i fink datss sooo subjective to say those movies ran JUST because of ARR music. i fink its more accurate in sayin a movie lasts due to a combination of things and team efforts of the cast and the crew of the movie, rather than jus alone ARR'z music

onli reason i watched dat was not cause of shankar or arr music but for de bootiful Aishwarya Rai 8-) 8-)

MrJudge
20th March 2006, 09:21 AM

MADDY Machchaan, the industry environment is so different compared to say 5/6 years back. If you raise these very same questions against your MD and IR, IR wins by miles ahead. So will that make you change your loyality to IR and will you accept your MD is not that great?

Now coming back to "learning from Yuvan" matter, Yuvan has been so good in re-recording from Kathal kondein onwards. I think he has surpassed all his competitors in that area and he looks more complete composer right now in tf industry.

MADDY
20th March 2006, 01:09 PM
MADDY Machchaan, the industry environment is so different compared to say 5/6 years back. If you raise these very same questions against your MD and IR, IR wins by miles ahead. So will that make you change your loyality to IR and will you accept your MD is not that great?

Now coming back to "learning from Yuvan" matter, Yuvan has been so good in re-recording from Kathal kondein onwards. I think he has surpassed all his competitors in that area and he looks more complete composer right now in tf industry.

ARR has made many movies run for his music.......many big budget useless movies.....IR has also done it several times......but the problem is YSR has never done it.....even HJ has done it with ullam ketkume and chellame......

see, i raised these points cos i wanted to ask u, y shuld a MD who is as big as his father shuld learn from YSR......u give me the reason as BGM.....now tell me, have u really heard ARR's BGMs in his early days?? His thiruda thiruda, Bombay, pavithra, jeans BGMs have had critical acclaim......

it is always this way judge.......ARR will have to learn from IR, YSR shuld learn from ARR and do not make suggestions turning this direction around....

MrJudge
20th March 2006, 03:03 PM
ARR has made many movies run for his music.......many big budget useless movies.....

It was the other way around, big budget movies/big directors helped him in a big way by providing enough publicity for his albums. His low budget movies were pathetic at BO.

.u give me the reason as BGM.....now tell me, have u really heard ARR's BGMs in his early days?? His thiruda thiruda, Bombay, pavithra, jeans BGMs have had critical acclaim......

Except Thiruda Thiruda, I have not watched other movies. Thiruda thiruda has the worst shouting in the form of BGM. What critical acclaim all these movie got and from whom?

it is always this way judge.......ARR will have to learn from IR, YSR shuld learn from ARR and do not make suggestions turning this direction around....

You are wrong here. I think after IR, YSR is the one excells the BGM area in Tamil Films. So your md needs to learn from him.

vasanth2006
20th March 2006, 03:17 PM
Yuvan is once again shows his strength in BGM area in "Pattiyal".
in some places of movie, Yuvan really done a magical work.
YSR already did some excellent BGM work in "kadhal Kondain","7G rainbow colony", " Raam" and etc.

i think Yuvan has more interest in BGM area.

Apart from Legends(IR,ARR), Yuvan is the king of BGM in current industry. He has the ability to surpass the legends also. Yuvan showed that in many occasions.

s_sankarg
20th March 2006, 05:04 PM

ARR has made many movies run for his music.......many big budget useless movies.....IR has also done it several times......but the problem is YSR has never done it.....even HJ has done it with ullam ketkume and chellame......

see, i raised these points cos i wanted to ask u, y shuld a MD who is as big as his father shuld learn from YSR......u give me the reason as BGM.....now tell me, have u really heard ARR's BGMs in his early days?? His thiruda thiruda, Bombay, pavithra, jeans BGMs have had critical acclaim......

Hi Maddy,

I would like to tell u one thing, all ARR Hit movie mostly worked along with Big Giants like mani, shankar, etc. Whenever arr happen to work with small director that movie become failiar. example MR Romeo, Parasuram, yen Suvasha katru, etc. If u see arr path most of his hit are came from big combinations such as mani+arr, shankar+arr, Subhash gai+ARR, vasanth+ARR.

IF u see IR and Yuvan, Most of their hit only becuase of their musical Work. Example. nandha, thuluvatho ilamai, kadal konden, dheena, 7g, arinthum ariyamalum, pattiyal, etc. suppose for yuvan, If it happen to work along with shankar or mani, surly he will give better than what arr delivered to them.

Its just matter of who shapped them.

no need to argue for this furthur.

selvakumar
20th March 2006, 05:42 PM
IF u see IR and Yuvan, Most of their hit only becuase of their musical Work. Example. nandha, thuluvatho ilamai, kadal konden, dheena, 7g, arinthum ariyamalum, pattiyal, etc. suppose for yuvan, If it happen to work along with shankar or mani, surly he will give better than what arr delivered to them.

sankar, beg to differ. I can list out few movies of ARR which ran just for the songs alone. perfect e.g. will be Jodi, Ratchagan etc.

Reg that yuvan part, Can u just list out few more directors apart from selva, ARM, vishnuvardhan etc... with whom YSR has worked with and had established him well.. ? movies running purely for his music .. directors like praveen kanth.. IT is really tough for me to recollect.

To me, MD the person who creates the music. DIRECTOR is simply a person who reviews it and suggests some changes. That is it..

njv
20th March 2006, 06:09 PM
i fink datss sooo subjective to say those movies ran JUST because of ARR music. i fink its more accurate in sayin a movie lasts due to a combination of things and team efforts of the cast and the crew of the movie, rather than jus alone ARR'z music

Definitely yes, but the contribution is more from ARR in this case. Think about Sangamam with out ARR or Karakattakaran with out IR and think about their success. The songs for these movies are so popular that it drives ppl from sitting in the couch to theatre (back then VCD wasnt the choice and VHS are as good as watching a blank TV).

Since the days of satellite tv and vcds, even if the songs are extremely good, ppl dont go the theatre. They rent a VCD/DVD and skip the song and forward the fight sequences and un-necessary comedy scenes and finish watching movies in 1 hour. Infact its more convinient to watch Tamil movies on weekdays (can finish in an hour!) than english movies (atleast an hour and half). I have watched some movies in less than 20 minutes - thanks to satellite tv, telecasting most of the good scenes and rest of them are just garbage.

vasanth2006
20th March 2006, 06:28 PM
I would like to tell u one thing, all ARR Hit movie mostly worked along with Big Giants like mani, shankar, etc. Whenever arr happen to work with small director that movie become failiar. example MR Romeo, Parasuram, yen Suvasha katru, etc. If u see arr path most of his hit are came from big combinations such as mani+arr, shankar+arr, Subhash gai+ARR, vasanth+ARR.

i already said in this thread to maddy. maddy was not accepted that.u can see this discussions in the archive.
i gave the long failures list.u missed lot of movies (like udaya, parthale paravasam, alli arjuna, etc etc).

then come to the musical hits...

because of music only the following films become hits
1)arinthum ariyamalum
2)Raam
3)Mounam Pesiyathe
4)thulluvatho illamai ( this is a great musical hit before film release)
5)Kanda naal mudal
6)april mathathil
7)kalvanin kadhali ( it is not a big hit. but it's current running also because of songs).
and etc.(according to my current memory)

the following films becames the musical hit even though the film flops,

1)povellam kettupar
2)punnagai poove
3)puthukotaiyilirunthu saravanan

so dont underestimate Yuvan. that will not be fine anymore.

Nowadays he is doing excellent musical work even though the film flops. continously he is giving quality music.

and then why are u guys not speaking about prolific?

Yuvan is capable of giving 7 quality albums during ARR/HJ 1 or 2 quality album.

for Ex:

ARR -- AAH to GF ( i think RDB also came in btw)

Yuvan --- KNM,SANDAKOZHI,KALVANIN KADHALI,PUDHUPETTAI,PATTIYAL and TWO avg albums agaram and OKK, Two Maga hits in telugu ( Happy and Ram).

SO DONT UNDER ESTIMATE YUVAN

rajasaranam
20th March 2006, 06:31 PM
Kadhal Desam
Rhythm
Duet
Indira
May Madham
Sangamam

That was too much farfetched njv. I beg to differ. Apart from 'Kadhalar dinam' none of the movies you listed were BO block busters due to ARR factor :huh:
Rhythm was a average grosser
Duet was a very good hit not only for ARR but also for KB, Prabhu/Prakashraj/Meenakshi etc.,
Indira was a super duper flop movie
Kadhalan was a average grosser
Jeans was a average hit in TN, super hit in Andhra, while flopped in Hindi.
Maymadham and sangamam were flops in BO.
Some one else mentioned jodi and Ratchagan...They too were flops in BO.
Nevertheless the music of all those movies were great hits and a commercial success for ARR. I Love some of the songs from those movies too like 'En mel vizhuntha', Maargazhi thingal....Ini Acham acham illai from Indira- what a great song towards the end when the song reaches its crescendo it does creates goosepimples :)
Rangeela, Taal etc., are totally accepted for hindi movies that it ran only for ARR's music.And Rangeela was a huge hit in Chennai too only becos of the songs. :thumbsup:

MADDY
20th March 2006, 06:51 PM
i already said in this thread to maddy. maddy was not accepted that.u can see this discussions in the archive.i gave the long failures list.u missed lot of movies (like udaya, parthale paravasam, alli arjuna, etc etc).

1)arinthum ariyamalum
2)Raam
3)Mounam Pesiyathe
5)Kanda naal mudal
6)april mathathil
7)kalvanin kadhali ( it is not a big hit. but it's current running also because of songs).

1)povellam kettupar
2)punnagai poove

Nowadays he is doing excellent musical work even though the film flops. continously he is giving quality music.

for Ex:

Yuvan --- KNM,SANDAKOZHI,KALVANIN KADHALI,PUDHUPETTAI,PATTIYAL and TWO avg albums agaram and OKK, Two Maga hits in telugu ( Happy and Ram).

vasanth, i saw AAriyamalum forwarding all the songs and i still liked the movie.......i'm pretty sure that movie did well bcos of the story.....wat i'm trying to tell is whether yuvan can make a "dabba-movie" like kadhalan run for 125 days in satyam theatre??? no he cant......he is not as capable as ARR is....

one more thing...just compare sales of RDBasanti with that of all ur 7 albums combined....still u wud lose....that is ARRahman for u....

nobody is trying to underestimate YSR here,vasanth.......infact he is always over-estimated bcos he is IR's son.....it is really wrong to criticise ARR to appreciate YSR.....and the thing that angered me most was the judge statement that ARR shuld learn from YSR.....judge, btw it was a good ploy to liven this dead thread :lol: ..........

rajasaranam
20th March 2006, 06:57 PM
i already said in this thread to maddy. maddy was not accepted that.u can see this discussions in the archive.
i gave the long failures list.u missed lot of movies (like udaya, parthale paravasam, alli arjuna, etc etc).
1)arinthum ariyamalum
2)Raam
3)Mounam Pesiyathe
5)Kanda naal mudal
6)april mathathil

1)povellam kettupar
2)punnagai poove

for Ex:

I think no body is underestimating U1 but it seems you people are OVERESTIMATING him. :)

Musical hits turningout to be a factor for the movie to be a hit is a long forgotten one which ended in the beginning of 90's. And IR was the last person to have tasted such kind of success film after film.
I dont think any of the movies you mentioned ran only for U1's music. they had other factors like good direction, neat storyline etc.,
Speaking about being prolific or giving quality music. If you really think he is giving Quality music...I am not even able to think what is going to happen to the music scenario heneceforth :cry:
Well let him come out of this remixing, copying, using loops et all for sometime and compose some real music. then we can judge him. Iam waiting for his 'Paruthiveeran' [todays Newspapers had the AD of 'MaduraiVeeran' Music by JoshuaSridhar Iam expecting it too ]
But dont worry he is doing some amazing works in BGM department On par with IR. In this case i can really say he has surpassed ARR. As IR he gives importance to subtle human emotions through music. better than Kadhal kondein I watched 'Perazhagan' for his BGM and was thinking whether it was Raja Or U1 [Though I have doubts about him composing such works. may be Karthick is helping him out here cos he doesnt have any other work to do :oops:]

thamizhvaanan
20th March 2006, 07:36 PM

for Ex:

time for some enlightenment for u ppl comparing YSR and ARR. u simply cant compare ARR to any of these mortals. mortals fails and ARR rarely does. imdb lists that ARR worked in 124 films. out of that around 30 odd are either in production or misquoted. that leaves us with 94 films. out of these i selected films in which ARR's music was average(average, not bad). here is teh shortlist( i mite have been harsh on some of these albums :roll: but hey this is to pacify ARR bashers a.k.a YSR fans).

pudhiya mannargal
uzhavan
vandicholai chinnarasu
super police
daud
love you hamesha
dil hi dil mein
alli arjuna
parasuram
tehzeeb
lakeer

so 11 average albums out of 94 ventures. thats a succes rate of 88.3% (albumwise, dont compare films performance, that is not MDs business, but still ARR will win that battle too). so 88 out of 100 times he will come up with quality album. so who do u think is prolific?
YSR's entry in imdb is not accurate lots of films left out, but i can remember many failure albums from him. u guyz can keep talking abt parasuram and vandicholai chinnarasu , but for how many years? the very fact that u have to dig deep into history to point out a bad album from ARR shows how consistent he is.
u can say that KNM, arindum ariyamalum and lots of other films ran for YSR's music (no credit whatsoever to those behind the scenes in those movies) but the raw fact is that putting ARR in films credit is deemed much more respectful than putting YSR. ARR is still a major USP in all of his films (not the other way around. why do u think they dubbed Taal into tamil, for akshay khanna's fans in TN??? :lol2: )

P.S: i tried to develop a similar list for IR from imdb. man :shock: :shock: , the scroll bar itself was so thin (one of the longest pages that ever loaded in my browser) i had a hell of a time trying to capture it in my mouse pointer :!: . when i did pull that scroll bar down, the titles started scrolling like in Matrix movie. IR has worked in quite a few movies and i dont have enuf fingers in my hands and feet to count them. so i think he is always an exception in any kind of discussion :wave:

MrJudge
20th March 2006, 10:17 PM
.wat i'm trying to tell is whether yuvan can make a "dabba-movie" like kadhalan run for 125 days in satyam theatre??? no he cant......he is not as capable as ARR is....

Ok here is the tough part. Can you list your MD's movies that ran just for his songs (movie should be pathetic) for the last few years? Because you bringing a decade old movie (kadhalan) to compare today's scenarios? You got to be kidding dude!

12bums
20th March 2006, 11:11 PM
Guys,

I suppose this is a YSR fan thread right? Why are we arguing about his abilities and talents? When you say we are a fan of a particular MD, I suppose there is an acceptance of his talents and abilities? And why bring ARR into this thread and start a fight?

We have so much to talk about, as YSR fans with Pattiyal score being universally acclaimed, with Kalvanin Kadhali turning out to be a hit and with Pudhupettai still to come. And here we are fighting about whether ARR made a movie run or YSR did? As a YSR fan, i would watch a movie with his score and the same goes for an ARR fan. period.

And why do we even bring poor ARR into the mix here? In fact, in one of his interviews, a long time back, it was ARR who pointed out YSR as the one to watch out for. When there is mutual respect between the MDs themselves, why are the fans creating bad blood? The threads are not for bashing but for a celebration of MDs and their music.

Just a request to everyone to not drag names into a thread and create bad blood. After all, the fact that we are posting in this thread is a reminder of the fact that we are fans of music. And music is supposed to soothe not start a fight. I am sorry to post like a saint here, but it is frustrating to see, that just when there is a great discussion going on about an album and its highlights, suddenly, someone starts starts comparisons and the focus is totally shifted. I hope all reasonable hubbers are with me on this.

rashid2raj
20th March 2006, 11:22 PM
And why do we even bring poor ARR into the mix here?

Mind ur words, ARR has more money than Yuvan :lol:

Sanjeevi
21st March 2006, 12:31 AM
1)arinthum ariyamalum
2)Raam
3)Mounam Pesiyathe
5)Kanda naal mudal
6)april mathathil

1)povellam kettupar
2)punnagai poove

for Ex:

I think no body is underestimating U1 but it seems you people are OVERESTIMATING him. :)

Musical hits turningout to be a factor for the movie to be a hit is a long forgotten one which ended in the beginning of 90's. And IR was the last person to have tasted such kind of success film after film.
I dont think any of the movies you mentioned ran only for U1's music. they had other factors like good direction, neat storyline etc.,
Speaking about being prolific or giving quality music. If you really think he is giving Quality music...I am not even able to think what is going to happen to the music scenario heneceforth :cry:
Well let him come out of this remixing, copying, using loops et all for sometime and compose some real music. then we can judge him. Iam waiting for his 'Paruthiveeran' [todays Newspapers had the AD of 'MaduraiVeeran' Music by JoshuaSridhar Iam expecting it too ]
But dont worry he is doing some amazing works in BGM department On par with IR. In this case i can really say he has surpassed ARR. As IR he gives importance to subtle human emotions through music. better than Kadhal kondein I watched 'Perazhagan' for his BGM and was thinking whether it was Raja Or U1 [Though I have doubts about him composing such works. may be Karthick is helping him out here cos he doesnt have any other work to do :oops:]

rajasaranam,

if you accept or not, yuvan definitely has power to attract youth audience for his film. once again pattiyal showed it.

MrJudge
21st March 2006, 12:20 PM
Puthupettai has been postponed and will hit the theaters only in May :(

But AIBI is coming to the theaters on April 14th, so the audio should be released soon :)

Renault
22nd March 2006, 06:58 AM
Yuvan's next project is Vishal-Reema sen starrer "Thimir"

Sanjeevi
22nd March 2006, 11:04 PM
[tscii:f6cec921fd]
Chennai, March 20 (IANS) The songs of 'Tirupathi' with music by Bharadwaj have topped the Tamil film music charts.

On the first day of its release, cassettes and CDs of the Ajith starrer disappeared from music shops and had to be ordered again.

The top five Tamil Albums are:

1. 'Tirupathi' - Music: Bharadwaj - Bharadwaj's music for this Ajith film is a typical mass 'masala' type. The audience expects only this kind of music from this Perarasu film. Remember the music of 'Thirupachi' and 'Sivakasi'.

2. 'Pattiyal' - Music: Yuvan Shankar Raja - Youngsters have lapped up the song 'Dae Namma' sung by Vijay Yesudas.

3. 'Chithiram Pesuthadi' - Music: Sundar C. Babu - 'Vazha Meenu' by Gana Ulaganathan can be termed one of the most popular songs of 2006.

4. 'Pudupettai' - Music: Yuvan Shankar Raja - Every song in the album boasts of diversity.

5. 'Kalvanin Kadhali' - Music: Yuvan Shankar Raja - The song 'Eno Kangal', sung by Yuvan and Sadhana Sargam, is still the most successful song from this album.

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/n/i/tamil/3159/

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/ar/i/movie_name/8294/0/[/tscii:f6cec921fd]

Sanjeevi
22nd March 2006, 11:11 PM
[tscii:ec16943578]Previous by musicindiaonline

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/n/p/tamil/3127/

Yuvan Shankar Raja on top of Tamil music charts
By IANS
Mar 07, 2006, 07:07

By Aparna Nath, Chennai: Yuvan Shankar Raja continues to rule the Tamil film music scene with his classy numbers. After "Pudupettai" and "Kalvanin Kadhali", his latest hit is "Pattiyal".

The top five Tamil albums are:

1. "Pattiyal" - Music director: Yuvan Shankar Raja. "Pattiyal" is about two young men, and the audio also is aimed at youngsters. Simply put, the music of "Pattiyal" rocks.

2. "Kalvanin Kadhali" - Music director: Yuvan Shankar Raja. The film has hit bull's eye and the music is also topping the charts. The song "Eno kangal" sung by Yuvan and Sadhana Sargam is very popular among the youngsters.

3. "Pudupettai" - Music director: Yuvan Shankar Raja. There is still some time for release of the film but the album is already rocking.

4. "Poi" - Music director: Vidyasagar. "Poi" is K. Balachander's 101st film, which targets youngsters. Naturally the album has a lot of peppy numbers.

5. "Thambi" - Music director: Vidyasagar. The film has not fared well at the box office and soon the music will also disappear from the minds of people.

[/tscii:ec16943578]

Sanjeevi
22nd March 2006, 11:17 PM
More

http://www.webindia123.com/movie/regional/topmusic/telugu.htm

http://nowrunning.com/news/news.asp?it=5951

Vysar
22nd March 2006, 11:34 PM
What happened to God Father and Vettaiyadu Vilaiyadu??!!!

popeye11
23rd March 2006, 12:13 AM
Tirupati topping audio charts!
God save the world!

Sanjeevi
23rd March 2006, 10:19 PM
God save the world!

one week wonder (reason : ajith fans)

rashid2raj
24th March 2006, 01:05 AM
God save the world!

one week wonder (reason : ajith fans)

I hope so :)

captain
24th March 2006, 01:25 AM
VV is one day wonder
GF one day wonder :roll:

Thank God, world seem to be safe :notworthy:

MrJudge
24th March 2006, 11:55 AM
AIBI audio will be released tomorrow :)

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14169248

MrJudge
25th March 2006, 01:32 PM
Got hold of AIBI cd and listening to it. It has five songs and three of them are penned by a new lyricist (Rajumurugan).

slperson1
25th March 2006, 07:26 PM
Trailer of AIBI.Has a swing instrumental playing in the background.
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/trailer/7689.html

slperson1
25th March 2006, 08:24 PM
anyone know where we can hear the songs online?

sanje
25th March 2006, 09:10 PM
listen to it at raaga.com
kanave is a nice song

Dreamchaser
25th March 2006, 09:33 PM
WoW! Songs are extremly good with huge number of artists who worked for this, you can get complete information about the album at http://www.tamilnapster.com/forums/release-announcements/1038-azhagai-irukkirai-bayamai-irukkirathu-audio-released.html

Also download songs from http://www.tamilnapster.com/forums/movie-songs/1037-azhagai-irukkirai-bayamai-irukkirathu.html

The site says the audio songs are only for preview purpose only, hence... I would think,we can just listen and then purchase one :)

Worth checking out ;)!

- Dreamchaser

vasanth2006
25th March 2006, 10:09 PM
after first hearing of this album, i think the album is in very very diferent style.

definitely it will be very different/fresh from other tamil albums.

it is not a stereo type of tamil music albums. it will contains something new and different.

inetk
25th March 2006, 10:52 PM
100 words on this very interesting soundtrack! Makes you look forward to the movie!

MrJudge
25th March 2006, 11:22 PM
Honor for Ameer
IndiaGlitz [Saturday, March 25, 2006]

It's one more feather in the cap of director Ameer. His movie Raam has been selected for the screening at the famous Cyprus International Film Festival which is beginning on 25th March.

It is the only Indian movie selected to compete for the Golden Aphrodite Award being presented for the best film in the festival.

Ameer says, 'after Sivaji Ganesan's Veerapandiya Kattabomman in 1960, it is Raam which has been selected for screening at the awards category of an international filmfest.'

Ameer would be leaving to Cyprus to take part in the festival, which would begin on 25th March. Raam would be screened on all three days of the festival. 'Raam was never made keeping in mind these awards. Now, the recognition has made me more responsible and I should live up to expectation', he adds.

Sanjeevi
25th March 2006, 11:25 PM
AIBI songs are very very different from typical YSR style. Continuous treat to YSR fans :D. U1 is giving continuous hits witin very short period like his dad

Sanjeevi
25th March 2006, 11:44 PM
Kaadhalai piripathu eppadi .... sollu

Great song it remembered me the evergreen song "En kanmani" of Chittu kuruvi of Ilaiyaraja. The conductor dialog of that song was very famous and fit very well in the song. On the same way YSR has tried something new to mix a dialog (a typical radio advt) and folk piece by paravai muniyamma in this western type melody. U1 proves him again strongly.

interz
26th March 2006, 12:25 AM
3 reasons to avoid AIBI songs:

1. AIBI songs, not for mass song lovers like me, so it's dissapointing to listen to dull melodies like those.

2. And if you hate when yuvan shankarraja sings, you will scream and run through the wall

3. Too much talk in between the songs. The magic of a song dissapears when it gets disturbed by talking people.

Its just my opinion, dont take it too serious and start analyzing this.

slperson1
26th March 2006, 03:46 AM
Same YSR style as usual,with the exception of soem interludes which just change the tune altogether before it returns to normal (kinda like what ARR did in Innisai)

One of the songs the change in interlude is from the mask of zorro.

overall decent album.ysr sticks to his same typical style,but changed up a lil to suit the story (the talkie portions)

IMO this is just pattiyal version 2.0

inetk
26th March 2006, 11:45 AM
Going by Yuvan's prolific output and progress as a composer, I feel he deserves a permanent thread along with IR and ARR on the outside. He perhaps deserves it more than his peers like VS or HJ - this is bound to be controversy but thats what I feel. I still wouldnt rate him on par with either IR or ARR but personally feel that he's the best bet to be there based on his current form.

Karthik

ezy0265
26th March 2006, 05:56 PM
YSR's recent form has been excellent. He has been composing fantastic tunes and giving superb BGM for movies at about the same speed and quality as his father.

It's only natural that he is going to earn the envy of other MD fans, especially those who are struggling to give a hit in recent times. We have been seeing many of these fans who, also due to the fact that they have not much to write about in their own respective forums, have been extremely busy in YSR's forums and trying their best to condemn directly and some even smarter ones very subtly and make his music look bad. Too bad all these fools' attempts is not going to change the fact that YSR has been rocking the tamil music world big time.

The biggest joke is one desparate clown in his 100 words blog claiming that the song Kanave has 'more than a passing resemblence' to Vennilave????!!! This just simply shows how good YSR is and how much he has threatened other MD fans.

The sad part is these fools simply don't understand that YSR is contributing big level to tamil music for the time being.

If they can't find other means they will target his singing. We love almost all the songs that he has been singing. Why does it bother these people so much; no one is forcing any of these clowns to listen to his songs. No they will still download listen and then take all the trouble to act on envy! I don't see his singing any worse than ARR spoiling Theeyil in Godfather. Of course it would have sounded much better if Karthik had sung it. But still in some way when ARR or YSR select some songs and sing them they do have a uniqueness in it.

People have been talking the same since MSV was singing too. Now some of his songs are still evergreen. When IR sang many SPB fans were condemning his songs. That also applies to many other MDs, though not always, like Deva, S A Rajkumar.

Looking at the variety and quality of his latest AIBI he is truly of international standards!

Please fans of other MDs you are most welcome to do your part and express your 'vaittherucchals', it will only add to his greatness.

YSR is so talented, hopefully we tamils don't loose him soon to international projects. Then we will have a situation where he will start giving craps once in a blue moon and then perhaps the current YSR fans will be crashing into other forums and wasting their effort in envy!

rajasaranam
26th March 2006, 08:32 PM
Karthick,
What a coincidence...I had the same thought that there should be separate Topic for U1's movies. That he is churning out music as fast as his father and we are not able to keep track of his movies in the current topics :? This reminds of the 80's and 90's when every fortnight there will be new album of IR released.
If anybody here has the complete listing of U1 please share them.

slperson1
26th March 2006, 08:40 PM
His "international" standards are rips off of hollywood flick's background music.The mask of zorro theme is heard in AIBI. You are correct he is just like his father churning out hits one after the other using the same style over and over again.Except IR was original.Yuvan is good,but I feel he is overrated.

And tfm needs a section for YSR.You can't discuss his albums all in the one ysr thread.lol theres too many comming out.

http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/music/Yuvan%5FShankar%5FRaja.html

complete listing of YSR movie albums.the only album of his thats missing in the link is "The Blast" which was a non film album he released.

rajasaranam
26th March 2006, 08:54 PM
Iam not able to believe this :shock: Orampo Naina is what U1 is asking all other MD's to do :)
the music of 'Orampo Naina' is a fusion of many from like WCM, Jazz, Rocknroll, carnatic and the transition between these forms are hardly noticebale. Well he is definitely becoming 'Thanthaikaetha Thanaiyan' :) Keep it up U1 :thumbsup:

inetk
26th March 2006, 10:42 PM
ez0265:
You might be interested to know that its the same foolish, stupid clown of the 100 words blog fame who has asked for a seperate thread for Yuvan like ARR and IR on the main page.

Sanjeevi
27th March 2006, 01:22 AM
Orampo Naina

Superb attempt by Yuvan. It reminded me MSV's evergreen hit "Vishvanathan Velai Venum" song not by copy/inpiration but by the "Ilaimai Thullal"

:thumbsup: to Yuvan

Sanjeevi
27th March 2006, 01:31 AM
Same YSR style as usual,with the exception of soem interludes which just change the tune altogether before it returns to normal (kinda like what ARR did in Innisai)

One of the songs the change in interlude is from the mask of zorro.

overall decent album.ysr sticks to his same typical style,but changed up a lil to suit the story (the talkie portions)

IMO this is just pattiyal version 2.0

May be it is version 2.0. But the bugs and errors are successfully fixed.

for me AIBI > Pattial and AIBI = PP

MrJudge
27th March 2006, 08:07 AM
Yes, it will be good to have aseparate thread for YSR, MOD listening?

As usual, AIBI songs are good. oram po is more like an instrumental and odi vaa is short, so I wish there should be couple more songs in the album.

MrJudge
27th March 2006, 08:38 AM
AIBI audio-release function:

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/Gallery/events/Photos/azhagai-irukirai-bayamai-irukirathu/index.html

nacdaman
27th March 2006, 09:12 AM
can someone suggest to YSR to stop singing and use regular singers. He is becoming like himesh reshamiyya....songs are good but the mookkala paadarathu is becoming an irritant factor

popeye11
27th March 2006, 09:44 AM
Yes, it will be good to have aseparate thread for YSR, MOD listening?

As usual, AIBI songs are good. oram po is more like an instrumental and odi vaa is short, so I wish there should be couple more songs in the album.

Yuvan Strikes again.. A complete different attempt!
Well songs didnt impress on first listeneing but repeated listenings changed my opinion.
YSR definitely needs a Main page Thread!

vijayr
27th March 2006, 11:04 AM
The opening eerie humming of "kanave kalaigiradhe" is recycled from BGM of one of the scenes in "Raam" which I just happened to watch yesterday. I think the sceen where they show Jeeva at the murder scene. Exact,without any change.

rsubras
27th March 2006, 01:06 PM
if user's response counts..... ye ye me too for it

Yuvan needs a seperate thread in TFM

rsubras
27th March 2006, 01:11 PM
somebody here told AIBI is pattiyal version 2.0.. Sify tells, seems like Pudhupettai is Pattiyal version 2.0 the same thing :)

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14170676

vasanth2006
27th March 2006, 01:15 PM
Hi All!

I already thought that Yuvan should have seperate thread. thanks "itwofs karthik" for the initiation.

first congrats to Yuvan. :thumbsup:

AIBI is the Extraordinary master piece from Yuvan.

IMHO, the is the Yuvan's best album.

my request for music lovers, please hear the album more than 5 times. then only you will know this album's quality.(I heard this album almost 100 times.i heard same like for kadhalan). we have to support this album. then only we can get more and more quality albums from yuvan. so please support Yuvan and his experimental albums.

AIBI contains
1) a new pattern in all the songs
2)there is no saranam, pallavi, etc.( he is breaking the rules)
3)different sounds and different style compositions.
4)mind blowing catcy tunes.

what else u need?

then regarding his singing, i am liking his singing.i think in high pitches only he is struggling, apart from high pitches, he is a fine singer.

in prolific area, i thought IR is the only person who can do like that.
but Yuvan little bit overtaking his father. Now he is in form.

without hearing all his albums completely and thoroughly, dont say that we are overrating him.(please go and here the "punnagai poove" and "puthukottaiyilirunthu saravanan")

IMHO - Yuvan is underrated.

these are all my opinions only.

Regards
Vasanth

thumburu
27th March 2006, 02:23 PM
pattiyal - Vishnuvardhan needn't go as far as that Bangkok whatever for inspiration. We had our own desi version "Pithamagan" just a couple of years back which had the tale of 2 friends living on the fringes of civil society and law and one avenging the murder of the other. In this kind of a gangsta movie, songs would normally take a back seat . Nevertheless, "kannai vittu" and "yedhedho" are easy on the ears."Poga poga" is a big disappointment. Having a similar situation to "ILankaathu" of pithamagan, one would eagerly expect a lilting song even if it is not as soulful or soothing as "iLankaathu".hm.....
Yuvan has matured in the rerecording side.May be he thought it fit to sing for "vidalai paiyyan" Bharath. But when hearing as a song it jars.

ezy0265
27th March 2006, 03:51 PM
vijayr!!!

What's your point??? I guess you r one of those 'vaittherucchal' parties who is shocked at the quality of YSR's latest songs. So what if the start is the same as his earlier piece used in BGM, does it mean the song is no good? Please grow up!
Your MD has done many of such recycling in his life. 80% of Bombay Dreams was a shameless recycle and also for such a major International Project!!! Don't come in here just to try and piss off normal music lovers.

lancelot
27th March 2006, 04:36 PM
vijayr!!!

What's your point??? I guess you r one of those 'vaittherucchal' parties who is shocked at the quality of YSR's latest songs. So what if the start is the same as his earlier piece used in BGM, does it mean the song is no good? Please grow up!
Your MD has done many of such recycling in his life. 80% of Bombay Dreams was a shameless recycle and also for such a major International Project!!! Don't come in here just to try and piss off normal music lovers.

most of the songs reused in Bombay Dreams was on the request of Andrew Loyd Webber....ARR had nothing he could have done.....

but i agree that YSR has been giving some good music latly....
i am happy to see good MDs comming up...now we have more choice in tamil music

hehe
:D

rajasaranam
27th March 2006, 06:03 PM
Iam hooked on to Orampo naina and Kaadhalai as of now. U1 is becoming Addictive of late for me. :) It seems he will reach greater heights if he continues in his present form.
With close to 3 albums released in a month Ram, AIBI and Pattiyal. And the previous Pudhupettai and Happy are in loop in my system... ofcourse with Madhu on the top :wink:

ezy0265
27th March 2006, 06:37 PM
Dear Rajasaranam,

Do you know where 'Raam' telugu mp3s are available?

Thank you!

rajasaranam
27th March 2006, 06:49 PM
ya Ezy,
Its available at Tamilnapster.com under the heading telugu mp3's.
Ram is a pathbreaking album for U1 in telugu I believe. Andhra audience needs songs which are heavily rhythm oriented and he has delivered his best. IR was the one who defined telugu film music with heavy rhythm oriented and specialized andhra'ish songs in the 80's and U1 is redefining it with trendy aswelas andhra'ish rhythms in this album. No wonder it was an instant and smashing hit in Andhra. :)

popeye11
27th March 2006, 06:56 PM
Dear Rajasaranam,

Do you know where 'Raam' telugu mp3s are available?

Thank you!

ezy065, u can find the songs at
www.only4smiles.be

Be it Tamil or Telugu! U1 Rocks!

Arjuna
27th March 2006, 06:57 PM
Even though me a hardcore ARR fan - I am currently appreciating this guy's music..he definitely has a talent and an ear to melody..Odivaa Kadalae rocks big time..

Egire mabulalona from Happy is damn good - and I luv the Shock song from Ram :) - and not to forget the ennamo nadakirathey song from Sandaikoli is too good!

lancelot
27th March 2006, 07:44 PM
YSRs Azhagai Irukkirai Bayamai Irukkirathu is out..... did anyone listen to the songs???

hehe

NagaS
27th March 2006, 07:48 PM
AIBI has some very good songs, I loved "Kaadhalai" very much, just for its different style and the way the song is made interesting even tho' it doesn't follow the standard pallavi - anupallavi - saraNam format.

There was some news in media about IR - YSR singing a appa-magan senti song in this movie - Where is it?

NagaS

Sanjeevi
28th March 2006, 12:03 AM
http://tamil.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/27032006-6.shtml

thumburu
28th March 2006, 11:01 AM
lancelot , you remind me of "vidiya vidiya Ramayanam kettu Seethavukku Ram chittapaa appidinnu sonna oru puNNiyavaan" kadhai :)) :))

popeye11
28th March 2006, 07:29 PM
Yuvans New movie with Vasanth ' Satham Podathey'

http://www.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/28032006-6.shtml

Expecting another musical hit from U1

Renault
28th March 2006, 09:32 PM
Let's list forthcoming Yuvan movies:

1. Thimir (Vishal)
2. Satham Podathey (prithviraj)
3. Paruthiveeran (Kaarthi)
4. Vallavan (Simbhu)

Any more??

Sanjeevi
28th March 2006, 10:34 PM
Without any big heros U1 has achieved a lot. Thats why he is great and differ from other MD like HJ, ARR, VS.

Only few movies he has worked with mass heros

1) Dheena (Ajith) - hit songs
2) Puthiya Geethai (Vijay) - a rumous was about Vijay vs U1 fight
3) Perazhagan (Surya) - and another 2 movies (PKP and Nandha and Surya was not big hero when that time)

MrJudge
28th March 2006, 11:33 PM

1. Thimir (Vishal)
4. Vallavan (Simbhu)

Any more??

Punnagai Poove Geetha produces another movie without Director Vishuvarthan, U1 should be the MD.

lancelot
29th March 2006, 12:15 AM
did u notice????
Mask Of Zorro theam has been used in the song Elaiudhir Kaalam - Azhagai Irukkirai Bayamai Irukkirathu

hmmmm... nice touch YSR... nice song

hehe

slperson1
29th March 2006, 03:01 AM
did u notice????
Mask Of Zorro theam has been used in the song Elaiudhir Kaalam - Azhagai Irukkirai Bayamai Irukkirathu

hmmmm... nice touch YSR... nice song

hehe

yes i did i mentioned it earlier =P
it's his "internationa" standards at work...

njv
29th March 2006, 06:07 AM
Different from the usual remix attempt. Songs are very good. Yuvan rocks again. Heavy IR inspiration, which is very good for tamil music industry. Two Thumbsup.

MrJudge
29th March 2006, 08:33 AM

1. Thimir (Vishal)
4. Vallavan (Simbhu)

Any more??

5. Punnagai Poove Geetha produces another movie without Director Vishuvarthan, U1 should be the MD.

6. Kedi (Arvind Krishna)
7. Thirudan Police (Danush)

abbydoss1969
29th March 2006, 07:57 PM
Yuvan gets the best music director award at cyprus film festival.,45 years after veera pandia cattabomman.

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14172934

vasanth2006
29th March 2006, 08:37 PM
Yuvan gets the best music director award at cyprus film festival.,45 years after veera pandia cattabomman.

finally Yuvan is getting little bit recognition.

congrats to U1 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

V r expecting more from u (yuvan).

MrJudge
29th March 2006, 09:52 PM

Great news! this has to be announced through a new thread guys :D

popeye11
29th March 2006, 09:53 PM

finally Yuvan is getting little bit recognition.

congrats to U1 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

V r expecting more from u (yuvan).

Awesome! Congrats Yuvan!
Expecting More good stuff ya..

Sanjeevi
29th March 2006, 10:25 PM
Congrats Uvan :clap:

Renault
30th March 2006, 07:50 AM
The much awaited recognition for Yuvan is here. I guess god has given Yuvan a long wait to get recognized and given him a bigger one to cherish the moment.

Way to go. Ram songs were really off beat and a good was a good opportunity for Yuvan to showcase his creativity and dexterity in handling offbeat subjects.

MrJudge
30th March 2006, 01:45 PM
[tscii:ccb5b423eb]Sanda Kozhi hits century!

Sanda Kozhi, as predicted, has done very well, and hits a century today (25.03.06)! Made under G.K. Film Corporation, produced by Vikram Krishna, (brother of hero Vishal), directed by N. Lingusami, starring Vishal and Meera Jasmine, the freshness of the plot and the realistic stunts, coupled with fantastic performances from all the cast, peppy and rocking music have all contributed to the success. What next, you may ask? G.K. Film Corporation is now making Thimuru, starring Rima Sen, Shreya opposite Vishal. After this, Vishal will act under director Karu Palaniappan and director Hari. Vishal’s importance and popularity have boomed after Sanda Kozhi; naturally, his rate has also risen. Galatta.com congratulates the team for hitting a century, and looks forward to wishing them again on hitting a double century! [/tscii:ccb5b423eb]

sloshed
31st March 2006, 02:54 AM
Sanda Kohzi was one of the movies which had a potential to become a blockbuster .. sadly .. I felt let down by the director.. it could have been a very innovative theme .. with the dad not knowing that his son can fight ..but tries to protect him from the villains..... but in the end the director had other plans.. he couldnt sustain the plot in the same vein ... in the end only a decent attempt...
enjoyed watching though and analyzing how it could have turned out ..... to be fain other than 'dhavani potta' all the songs were in FF mode.. i wonder how lingusamy .. couldnt get the right tunes out of YSR....

anywayz congrats to YSR for his achievement ... I think he growing bigger and bigger in terms of commercial viability these days..

popeye11
31st March 2006, 03:13 AM
Sanda Kohzi was one of the movies which had a potential to become a blockbuster .. sadly .. I felt let down by the director.. it could have been a very innovative theme .. with the dad not knowing that his son can fight ..but tries to protect him from the villains..... but in the end the director had other plans.. he couldnt sustain the plot in the same vein ... in the end only a decent attempt...
enjoyed watching though and analyzing how it could have turned out ..... to be fain other than 'dhavani potta' all the songs were in FF mode.. i wonder how lingusamy .. couldnt get the right tunes out of YSR....

anywayz congrats to YSR for his achievement ... I think he growing bigger and bigger in terms of commercial viability these days..

C'mon dude! Songs were one of the major pluses for Sandakozhi!
Suited very well for the situation.
Yuvan never fails to impress! :thumbsup:

12bums
31st March 2006, 06:01 AM
But it looks like HJ is scoring for Lingusamy's next - Bheema!!

MrJudge
31st March 2006, 01:09 PM
But it looks like HJ is scoring for Lingusamy's next - Bheema!!

Isn't Vidyasagar doing it?

Renault
31st March 2006, 06:21 PM
Sloshed,

I liked all songs of SK right from the begining. Surprisingly my fav is Mundaasu Suriyane...

May be I got tired of listening to Thaavani Potta as every satellite channel / Radio plays it at least 4-5 times everyday on an average.

sloshed
31st March 2006, 11:14 PM
Renault....
The songs are okay.. I was just let down by the fact that it was linguswamy's movie and the expectation was great.. I think he has an ear for music... wanted to hear a score in the mode of 'RUN' .. I felt the songs like 'ennemo pudichiruku' and 'kumthalakadi' are just run of the mill outputs from YSR.... I am quite certain what YSR can do when he can give songs like 'Kannai vitu' ....
'Ram' will certainly be a milestone in his career though...

raajan
1st April 2006, 07:00 PM
Hi U1 Fans

YUVAN’S DISCOGRAPHY

1. ARAVINTHAN (Movie Release 1997)

2. VELAI
3. KALYANA GALATTA

4. POOVELLAM KETTUPAAR
5. THE BLAST (Non Film Album)
6. UNAKKAGA ELLAM UNAKKAGA

7. RISHI (Movie Release Feb / 2001)
8. DHEENA (Movie Release Jan / 2001)

9. THULLUVATHO ILAMAI (Movie Release May / 2002)
10. MANATHAI THIRUDI VITTAI
11. NANTHA

12. JUNIOR SENIOR
13. SESHU (Telugu)
14. MALLI MALLI CHUDALI (Telugu)
15. KAATHAL SAAMRAJYAM (Movie Not Yet Released)
16. APRIL MAATHATHIL
17. BALA
18. MOUNAM PESIYATHAE
19. PUNNAGAI POOVAE (Movie Release Apr / 2003)
20. POPCARN (Movie Release Jan / 2003)

21. WINNER
22. KAATHAL KONDAEN
23. PUTHIYA GEETHAI
24. AADANTO ADO TYPE (Telugu)
25. THENNAVAN
26. KURUMBU
27. PUTHUKOTTAIYILIRUNTHU SARAVANAN
(Movie Release: JAN / 2004)

28. ULLAM (Movie Not Yet Released)
29. ETHIRI
30. PERAZHAGAN
31. 7G RAINBOW COLONY
32. 7G BRINDAVANA COLONY (Telugu)
33. BOSE
34. MANMATHAN

35. RAAM
36. ARINTHUM ARIYAMALUM
37. DHASS
38. ORU KALLURIYIN KATHAI
39. KANDA NAAL MUTHAL
40. SANDAI KOZHI
41. KALVANIN KAATHALI (Movie Release Feb / 2006)
42. AGARAM (Movie Not Yet Released)
43. PUTHUPETTAI (Movie Not Yet Released)

44. HAPPY (Telugu)
45. PATTIYAL
46. RAM (Telugu) (Movie Not Yet Released)
47. AZHAGAI IRUKKIRAI PAYAMAI IRUKIRATHU
(Movie Not Yet Released)

Note: The above list is in the order of audio release.

U1's 50th movie soon......

u1's offical website - still under construction

http://www.u1online.com/

thanks
raajan
[/tscii:b6bab03df2]

Scale
1st April 2006, 09:22 PM
Welcome raajan, thanks for the discography & URL. Cool! :)

MrJudge
1st April 2006, 10:25 PM
u1's offical website - still under construction

http://www.u1online.com/

The layout looks cool :)

vasanth2006
4th April 2006, 06:34 PM
where i can get the "Kalathukketha gana" from velai in Net?

if anybody knows, then please tell.

RR
5th April 2006, 10:29 AM
Hi Raajan,

The layout is wonderful, but the keyboard pic is strange (well, it's incorrect). Any specific reasons for that?

vasanth2006
5th April 2006, 03:52 PM
AIBI is going to release on Apr 14th.

raajan
5th April 2006, 05:37 PM
Hi RR,

I have nothing to do with U1's website design. I got the url from a friend and posted here. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks
raajan

Sanjeevi
5th April 2006, 11:37 PM
My Rating on U1's current albums

1) Pudupettai - 9.25/10
2) AIBI - 9.10/10
3) Kanda Naal Mudhal - 8.75/10
4) Pattial, Kalvanin Kadhali - 8.25/10
5) Sanda Kozhi - 5.5/10
6) Oru Kalloriyin Kadhai - 5/10

Sanjeevi
5th April 2006, 11:41 PM
Actually I like Pudupettai and AIBI equally but PP leads a bit with its innovative effort even though AIBI has experiments.

Renault
6th April 2006, 08:24 AM
Sanjeevi, quite surprised that u gave a higher rating for AIBI than for Pattiyal.. I haven't listened to AIBI yet but Pattiyal rocks..

Kalvanin Kadhali was also given a low rating... Is it due to Kuda Kooli song? It can easily be a 8+ pointer for Taj Mahal song alone and not forgetting the innovative Eno Kangal song.