PDA

View Full Version : YSR's New Albums

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Sanjeevi
6th April 2006, 10:39 AM
Renault, I liked a lot Tajmahal and Eno Kangal songs and Pattial songs. Based on my current listening i have given ratings.

Theepidikka, Namma kattula and next it will be time to "Oorampoo naina".

Anyway i've changed the marks :D ofcourse now it is better than previous marks.

karthik_sa2
6th April 2006, 04:17 PM
Without any big heros U1 has achieved a lot. Thats why he is great and differ from other MD like HJ, ARR, VS.

Only few movies he has worked with mass heros

1) Dheena (Ajith) - hit songs
2) Puthiya Geethai (Vijay) - a rumous was about Vijay vs U1 fight
3) Perazhagan (Surya) - and another 2 movies (PKP and Nandha and Surya was not big hero when that time)

think i also mentioned about this in one of the threads .
good point sanjeevi
yuvan surely is rocking am happy atleast now he is getting some recognition .
his songs rocking since the release of his thulluvadho illamai.but only now he is getting fans and fans not cos of IR'S son status he got it from his own hardwork and performance .what yo guys think on this?

selvakumar
6th April 2006, 04:57 PM
his songs rocking since the release of his thulluvadho illamai.

I like all the songs in TI. Infact, Yuvan excels whenever he teams up with Selva :P

I think TI is one film which brought his skills out and opened the doors of entering the hearts of youth audience.

I expected YUVAN's Albums only after Thulluvadho Ilamai only. :P

Songs played a vital role in the success of that film :D

ezy0265
6th April 2006, 05:09 PM
Saw Pattiyal yesterday.

Great movie. The movie was truly impressive and UI had a major role in making the movie that much engrossing. Each scene was perfectly touched by UI beautiful songs and BGM. Look out for the scene when Pujaa rejects Barath and he is stranded at her door and giving his response. The music for this scene was world class....followed by a brief pause when the camera will pan into the house and when Pooja was shown the humming and the Kannai vittu song will enter....wow what a beautiful work by this team!

UI is truly amazing in all his works especially the recent ones.

I still can't forget watching Perazhagan 3 times in the theatres just to hear the title music which will also come on when Jothika accepts Suria as he is and hugs him.....just like his father..

vasanth2006
6th April 2006, 05:18 PM
Without any big heros U1 has achieved a lot. Thats why he is great and differ from other MD like HJ, ARR, VS.

Only few movies he has worked with mass heros

1) Dheena (Ajith) - hit songs
2) Puthiya Geethai (Vijay) - a rumous was about Vijay vs U1 fight
3) Perazhagan (Surya) - and another 2 movies (PKP and Nandha and Surya was not big hero when that time)

think i also mentioned about this in one of the threads .
good point sanjeevi
his songs rocking since the release of his thulluvadho illamai.but only now he is getting fans and fans not cos of IR'S son status he got it from his own hardwork and performance .what yo guys think on this?

Hey u also having same thoughts as of me. i really admired by the thulluvatho ilamai ( especially "idhu kadhala"). after that album only, i converted as a big fan of yuvan.Yuvan's capabilities and extraordinary work are went as unnoticed.

in AIBI audio release, director KR told like "pokira pokkai parthal yuvanshankarrajavudaiya appa ilaiyaraja entrakividum pol irukkirathu".(Source : Kumudham).
it is a good recognition for yuvan.

thamizhvaanan
6th April 2006, 05:50 PM
dheena and poovellam kettupaar were also super cool, but as u said, TI was the landmark film. I still cant kick those songs out of my playlist. any online reviews available for TI currently guyz?

MrJudge
6th April 2006, 05:50 PM

Guys,

I think he showed his talent a little bit in Velai (no tension relax song) and then the BLAST (non-filmy album) which certainly an eye opener for U1. Instrumentals in that album are good. PKP album also has some class. Ofcourse TI brought him to limelight!

MrJudge
6th April 2006, 05:54 PM
Saw Pattiyal yesterday.

Great movie. The movie was truly impressive and UI had a major role in making the movie that much engrossing. Each scene was perfectly touched by UI beautiful songs and BGM. Look out for the scene when Pujaa rejects Barath and he is stranded at her door and giving his response. The music for this scene was world class....followed by a brief pause when the camera will pan into the house and when Pooja was shown the humming and the Kannai vittu song will enter....wow what a beautiful work by this team!

UI is truly amazing in all his works especially the recent ones.

I still can't forget watching Perazhagan 3 times in the theatres just to hear the title music which will also come on when Jothika accepts Suria as he is and hugs him.....just like his father..

Yes, Pattiyal has cool background score. I already watched it couple of times just for BGM in the theaters.

Watching Perazahagan thrice is too much for me. I didn't like the film even a bit, it looked like a drama than a movie to me.

MrJudge
6th April 2006, 06:03 PM
Vishnu's new plans
IndiaGlitz [Thursday, April 06, 2006]

Followed by back-to-back hits in Arindhum Ariyamalum and Pattiyal, director Vishnu Vardhan's stakes are high in Kollywood now. He has brought smiles on the face of producer Punnagai Poovae Geetha, who churned out both the films.

When everyone expected the duo to team up again for a hat-trick, it seems they have decided to be part ways.

Buzz is that Vishnu Vardhan has been approached by popular heroes. It includes the likes of Ajith and Vijay. Meanwhile, Punnagai Poovae Geetha is planning to produce a medium-budget movie with newcomers in the cast.

Vishnu Vardhan, who had returned from Thirupathi after the release of Pattiyal, is planning to take a brief interval break before commencing his next.

The news is also that Pattiyal has done well in Kerala. The reports from there suggest that the film is a major hit.

----------------------------------

So two movies are on U1's way? 8-)

selvakumar
6th April 2006, 07:21 PM
Hey u also having same thoughts as of me. i really admired by the thulluvatho ilamai ( especially "idhu kadhala").

Exactly.. IDU KAATHALA is my pick too. Apart from that, I liked "VAYATHAE VAA" By Srinivas.. Cool.. kick start :P

dheena and poovellam kettupaar were also super cool, but as u said, TI was the landmark film. I still cant kick those songs out of my playlist. any online reviews available for TI currently guyz?

Yaa. Esp KAADHAL WEBSITE & NEEYILLAI ENDRAAL in Dheena.. :P

Even then TI is the landmark film which added a new dimension in others' view on YUVAN :D

vasanth2006
11th April 2006, 01:45 PM
guys,

After the tremendous success of HAPPY and RAM in telugu, Yuvan got the another oppurtunity in telugu.
(Source yuvanshankarfans yahoo group)

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/telugu/gallery/Events/9465.html

krish244
11th April 2006, 04:28 PM
Yuvan scores for a Kannada movie!

http://www.screenindia.com/fullstory.php?content_id=12184

thanks,

Krishnan

12bums
12th April 2006, 01:52 AM
Aiyaiyo kannada ellam poga vendaam'nu yaaravathu sollungappa! Those guys are now only remaking movies like 16 vayathinile and Thevar Magan!!

callmeshyam
12th April 2006, 04:44 AM
Tamizh la market poiruchu na vera market venama pinna..

NagaS
12th April 2006, 08:24 AM
16 vayathinilae-kku Yuvan score paNNaa eppadi irukkum? ;)

callmeshyam, im also surprised that yuvan is accepting more telugu / kannada movies thesedays than tamil movies, But I am NOT ready to believe he has no market in tamil - after the continuous hits he produced last few months!

NagaS

callmeshyam
12th April 2006, 09:28 AM
Jus kidding NagaS. Yuvan sure does have a market in Tamil. But I am not too sure whether he has too much in his tank to trod on forever. Yuvan lacks freshness (now dont come back saying AIBI is a different attempt. It sure is).. He seems to be keen in bringing (lifting) Hip-Hop to tamil most of the time. His BGM skills are questionable. I remember hearing Manmadhan's BGM in some other movie. He is not and should not be in the same league as ARR/IR, just his movies being hits notwithstanding...

Sanjeevi
12th April 2006, 10:06 AM
callmeshyam,

neenga ellam enna than karidiya sonnalum poi unmai aagathu.

MrJudge
12th April 2006, 11:58 AM
Tamizh la market poiruchu na vera market venama pinna..

It is better for those who is being kicked in tamil continuously for the last few years should understand your statement first and should leave tfm.. Won't you agree with me?

ezy0265
12th April 2006, 01:03 PM
* deleted *

rashid2raj
12th April 2006, 03:55 PM
Well, Yuvan is doing an "easy" job in TFM! There is no one who use those samples & public available loops as Yuvan do. It's just TOO much.. - Besides his copying! Even ARR didn't use this much publich avaible loops in his early days! Being a musician, i know all those loops..

Even some of Premji's rap lyrics are from some common source. Listen this track by 112 Bad Boys "REMIX": http://www.mytempdir.com/588541

Don't mistake me, i'm not against Yuvan in any way! He's doing a great job, he's just lacking in originality.. :wink:

ezy0265
12th April 2006, 04:27 PM
Dear Rashid2raj!

I am not at all surprised that you are being a "musician by yourself"!
Your kind of people will definitely end up being by yourself!

rashid2raj
12th April 2006, 04:39 PM
Dear Rashid2raj!

I am not at all surprised that you are being a "musician by yourself"!
Your kind of people will definitely end up being by yourself!

What are you trying to say? or ennatha sollavaruringa??

MrJudge
12th April 2006, 04:47 PM
Well, Yuvan is doing an "easy" job in TFM! There is no one who use those samples & public available loops as Yuvan do. It's just TOO much.. - Besides his copying!

Can you please list the samples Yuvan has used so far? I think i2fs has a list of copying by him, do you have more movies? Please list them here !

rashid2raj
12th April 2006, 04:52 PM
Well, Yuvan is doing an "easy" job in TFM! There is no one who use those samples & public available loops as Yuvan do. It's just TOO much.. - Besides his copying!

Can you please list the samples Yuvan has used so far? I think i2fs has a list of copying by him, do you have more movies? Please list them here !

Yes, i have a lot.. I'll need some time to collect them all.. Anyway, watch this space in an couple of hours.. I'll bring them..

Then you can judge by yourself.. Hehe :D

MrJudge
12th April 2006, 05:00 PM
Yes, i have a lot.. I'll need some time to collect them all.. Anyway, watch this space in an couple of hours.. I'll bring them..

No problem, let us know the list, just curious to see how he has used them in songs. I don't mind him using commercially available loops. But copying others stuff is totally different.

slperson1
12th April 2006, 06:29 PM
AIBI - Elaiudhir Kaalam - he copies Mask fo Zorro Theme
AIBI - Kanave - similair to a song from pathinaaru vayithilai music album which manoj (of taj mahal) & actress meena sang in
Aethiree - portions copied from Vidhayasagar's Mainave Mainave

slperson1
12th April 2006, 06:32 PM
Judge,
why dont u answer rsubras's question instead of asking questions.

sari judge itho pidichiko(-nga in case you are an elder), direct questions

(1) What makes you hate A.R.Rahman and why do u spit venom on him.. no no it definitely not bcoz ur IR fan...coz IR fans are actually sensible ppl... It is not your love for Yuvan too...coz it actually seem to me like a betrayed party activist working for the opposition party

(2) Why are u happy about A.R.Rahman's films' failure... There seems to be some personal vendetta against him.. You have talked so much so that you are Mr.Grudge than Mr.Judge

(3) Your main intention seems to be bringing down ARR at the slightest opportunity than bringing Yuvan or some other MD up., coz even while praising Yuvan's best work you only seem to be interested in taking a dig at ARR's fame

(4) I learnt somewhere (from one of your statement) that you got hurt by ARR fans mocking at you some years back and you are retaliating now.. Is this the true reason for all the points above?

Ithai answer panreengala Sir..konjam directah paneenganna nalla irukum instead of dragging it / dodging it

ezy0265
12th April 2006, 07:11 PM
* deleted *

rsubras
12th April 2006, 11:16 PM
thanks for bringing those questions here slperson1 :)

actually judge will never answer such questions...he is afraid to answer such questions directed at him for some unknown reasons

if you want to make mr.judge answer just tell him

"A.R.Rahman is the best composer in India"... and then watch him answering to this......

ivlo than naama judge kitta irunthu expect panna mudiyum :)

MrJudge
13th April 2006, 12:47 AM
rsubras wrote:
ada njv ezy solra vishayam lam PKS solra pazhamozhi maathiri.. anubavikkanum.......aaraya koodathu Laughing

anna athe philasophy-a namma track-layam konjam kadai pidinganna.........anubavinga.......araayatheenga Laughing

MADDY
13th April 2006, 01:59 AM
hello mr.judge,

(1) What makes you hate A.R.Rahman and why do u spit venom on him.. no no it definitely not bcoz ur IR fan...coz IR fans are actually sensible ppl... It is not your love for Yuvan too...coz it actually seem to me like a betrayed party activist working for the opposition party

(2) Why are u happy about A.R.Rahman's films' failure... There seems to be some personal vendetta against him.. You have talked so much so that you are Mr.Grudge than Mr.Judge

(3) Your main intention seems to be bringing down ARR at the slightest opportunity than bringing Yuvan or some other MD up., coz even while praising Yuvan's best work you only seem to be interested in taking a dig at ARR's fame

(4) I learnt somewhere (from one of your statement) that you got hurt by ARR fans mocking at you some years back and you are retaliating now.. Is this the true reason for all the points above?

Ithai answer panreengala Sir..konjam directah paneenganna nalla irukum instead of dragging it / dodging it

judge, i'm not gonna leave u unless u answer these.......

vasanth2006
13th April 2006, 11:48 AM
AIBI - Elaiudhir Kaalam - he copies Mask fo Zorro Theme
AIBI - Kanave - similair to a song from pathinaaru vayithilai music album which manoj (of taj mahal) & actress meena sang in
Aethiree - portions copied from Vidhayasagar's Mainave Mainave

Regarding Elaiudhir Kaalam, in the interlude music he used Mask fo Zorro Theme. I knew that.

regarding kanave song, can u give the link for pathinaaru vayithilai music album song?. we can justify that.

regarding Aethiree, which portions he copied? which Vidhayasagar's song? where he used?
can u provide the link?
that will be usefull to analyze the situation.

slperson1
13th April 2006, 06:41 PM
Right there in your quote it states which Vidhaysagar song.
YSR copied Mainave Mainave from vidhayasagar's Thikthikudhe for portions of his Tamil Nattu Pen.

listen to the beginngin of mainave mainave and listen to 2:04 - 2:25 & 3:07 - 3:25 from tamil nattu pen.

The pathinaaru vayithilai album isn't online.i have the cd ill upload the song im talkin about sumtime this weekend.

sloshed
13th April 2006, 08:01 PM
Maddy,
Thank God you started talking about why people hate people...I had the same thing in mind when I saw ARR fans 'spitting venom ' on HJ

Now what makes ARR fans spit venom on HJ ???

Is it the love of ARR that has prompted his fans to visit each and every site to brand HJ as a copy cat?
(May be)
Does his fans feel ARR is threatened becos HJ movies are becoming super hits and soon ARR will not have the same impact as he did before..
(we can see that happening)

Why does the Arr fans brain trained to look for the copy everytime you hear to a new HJ album? And why is that if they fail to find anything copied brand the album as 'nuthing new' ..'same stuff 'ARR wins by Variety'
(silly actually ARR album is good becos HJ album is nuthing)

Does it becos he takes 1sec - 5sec loops from ARR and that ARR never used loops..Or songs sound remotely( some people here pick even 0.1 sec)or even closely remsembling ARR?
(yes for ARR fans Kumari and en uyir thozhi are the same ... nyce...._

and last but the most important you mentioned it was becos of MrJudge????
Is Mr.judge the reason!!! ???? MRJUDGE is thou is unmistakenly responsible for the hatred .I hereby order a degree to ban thee from discussions..

and funny .. people here still want answers to why Judge hates ARR... !!!

rashid2raj
13th April 2006, 08:20 PM
Maddy,
Thank God you started talking about why people hate people...I had the same thing in mind when I saw ARR fans 'spitting venom ' on HJ
We don't hate HJ, just trying to improve his quality in music..

Is it the love of ARR that has prompted his fans to visit each and every site to brand HJ as a copy cat?
Well, it's the true.. we just call attention to the fact that, he's reusing alot from ARR. (And i'm not talking about 10-15 sec.)

Does his fans feel ARR is threatened becos HJ movies are becoming super hits and soon ARR will not have the same impact as he did before..
(we can see that happening)
:lol: , Let's see..

Why does the Arr fans brain trained to look for the copy everytime you hear to a new HJ album?
Tell me, how 2 avoid his crap.. ???

Does it becos he takes 1sec - 5sec loops from ARR and that ARR never used loops..Or songs sound remotely( some people here pick even 0.1 sec)or even closely remsembling ARR?
(yes for ARR fans Kumari and en uyir thozhi are the same ... nyce...._
Well, ARR did use loops.. But why do HJ choose the same loops as ARR did? YSR doesn't use loops, which ARR has used before..

rashid2raj
13th April 2006, 08:58 PM

No problem, let us know the list, just curious to see how he has used them in songs. I don't mind him using commercially available loops. But copying others stuff is totally different.

Okay, here's some samples that Yuvan used - recently:

http://www.mytempdir.com/592043

1. Theepidikka, MOVIE: Arindhum Aryamalum, - The loops comes from: 2:43 in the song! ARR has also used this one for Yeh Rishta song from Meenaxi (Hindi)

2. Ennoda Rasi, MOVIE: DASS

3. Enga Area, MOVIE: Pudhupettai. Small flute piece which comes at the ending.

4. Mahire mahire, MOVIE: Manmadhan. Intro

5. Namma Kaatula, MOVIE: Pattiyal. Intro

6. Enga Area, MOVIE: Pudhupettai. Small sax piece which comes at the ending.

7. En anbe en anbe, MOVIE: Mounam Pesiyathe. The beat

some ARR too:

1. Sandai Koli, MOVIE: AE. Even yuvan and couple of other MD's has used this loops for BGM.

2. Girlfriend, MOVIE: Boys

3. Ooh la la la, MOVIE: Minsara Kanavu. The Guitar..

Will bring more, if its usefull :wink:

sloshed
13th April 2006, 09:14 PM
Rashidraj,
"We don't hate HJ, just trying to improve his quality in music"

Do you really mean it??? I think you didnt visit the forum of VV when things turned really ugly ..... or wait a min ... jokes about HJ in charge of xerox machine in ARR's labs... was that you who said... ' that made my day ' ...

Dont kid urself... anyways.. here is one for you 'HJ is crap'
and i assume ur day is done....

rashid2raj
13th April 2006, 09:21 PM
Rashidraj,
"We don't hate HJ, just trying to improve his quality in music"

Do you really mean it??? I think you didnt visit the forum of VV when things turned really ugly ..... or wait a min ... jokes about HJ in charge of xerox machine in ARR's labs... was that you who said... ' that made my day ' ...

Dont kid urself... anyways.. here is one for you 'HJ is crap'
and i assume ur day is done....

That joke with HJ in ARR Studio was a good one!
Ur "HJ is crap" comment shows your stupidity.. U don't have any humorous sense, ... :roll:

sloshed
13th April 2006, 09:21 PM
Rashidraj ..
I didnt even read this ..

"But why do HJ choose the same loops as ARR did?"

Now seriously... did u even expect an answer for this ???? or your are some teenager with a rush of blood. ???

sloshed
13th April 2006, 09:23 PM
Rashid..

I bow to your supreme humor sense ..... I really do.. and thankx for pointing out my studipity ... If not for you .. I will forever remain stupid... well this time for a change... "HJ is awesome" - (I am still trying)

rashid2raj
13th April 2006, 09:26 PM
Rashidraj ..
I didnt even read this ..

"But why do HJ choose the same loops as ARR did?"

Now seriously... did u even expect an answer for this ???? or your are some teenager with a rush of blood. ???

Well, you weren't even able to answer the question? :banghead:

rashid2raj
13th April 2006, 09:30 PM
Rashid..

I bow to your supreme humor sense ..... I really do.. and thankx for pointing out my studipity ... If not for you .. I will forever remain stupid... well this time for a change... "HJ is awesome" - (I am still trying)

U welcome.. :D

sloshed
13th April 2006, 09:38 PM
Rashid,
Thanks for bringing humor back to the forum .. I think I am getting there slowly .. But I am afraid that You are the same person I assumed you to be.. well..I rest my case...
before I rest let me add and confirm your views of life

Rashid's Law of the land
If I buy an ipod, nobody else can buy the same ipod... else you will be branded copycats....

or better
"why the hell did ARR use the loops that HJ was supposed to ???" why ? why ? why?

case laid to rest...

rashid2raj
13th April 2006, 09:48 PM
Rashid,
Thanks for bringing humor back to the forum .. I think I am getting there slowly .. But I am afraid that You are the same person I assumed you to be.. well..I rest my case...
before I rest let me add and confirm your views of life

Rashid's Law of the land
If I buy an ipod, nobody else can buy the same ipod... else you will be branded copycats....

or better
"why the hell did ARR use the loops that HJ was supposed to ???" why ? why ? why?

case laid to rest...

Sloshed's law of land:
Let' us put it like this. Muhammed buys an Ipod. Afterwards Sunil buys the same Ipod! Soo, what Sunil did, was (according 2 Sloshed) TOTALLY NEW, A REVOLUTION, A NEW WAY OF THINKING..
Go Sloshed.. :clap: :clap: :clap:

dinesh2002
13th April 2006, 10:03 PM
guys...this is YSR thread :( ....leave it clean from ARR-HJ...bring this topic here :

http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=458480#458480

sloshed...bring this topic there...ill give u my answers!! :lol:

sloshed
13th April 2006, 10:21 PM
Dinesh ,

Its not about HJ or ARR .. its about why fans spit venom on other music directors.. I think Maddy and subras asked a valid question.. but then character assasination (of MrJudge) is not what this forum is intended for.. (not that he really cares :-) )
Everybody makes fun at each other.... and playing the blame game now isnt right !!
and as for as ur answers.. I think u must have now painted on the walls of the Malaysian international airport that 'Kumari is INDEED ennuyir thozhi by ARR'

case rested again ...

dinesh2002
13th April 2006, 10:33 PM
Dinesh ,

Its not about HJ or ARR .. its about why fans spit venom on other music directors.. I think Maddy and subras asked a valid question.. but then character assasination (of MrJudge) is not what this forum is intended for.. (not that he really cares :-) )
Everybody makes fun at each other.... and playing the blame game now isnt right !!
and as for as ur answers.. I think u must have now painted on the walls of the Malaysian international airport that 'Kumari is INDEED ennuyir thozhi by ARR'

case rested again ...

:rotfl: ur thoughts r really childish!! :lol: anywayz...whether u wanna agree or not...thats the fact.... :wink: rashid2raj,i agree on u about sloshed.... heheheheheh :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

sloshed
13th April 2006, 10:50 PM
childish (I am wondering which part)???? is that all you can come up with .. + the 'smiley icons' (thats very adult !!) + heheheheheh

Dinesh I am now afraid you are the person I assumed to be as well.. with a rush of blood that is ....

dinesh2002
13th April 2006, 10:53 PM
childish (I am wondering which part)???? is that all you can come up with .. + the 'smiley icons' (thats very adult !!) + heheheheheh

Dinesh I am now afraid you are the person I assumed to be as well.. with a rush of blood that is ....

Apadiya?seringe 8-)

njv
13th April 2006, 10:53 PM
Will bring more, if its usefull :wink:

I dont think you need to waste your time anymore. We all now know that ALL new MDs these days use commercially available loops and steal music to create music. The days of creating the music for the mood is gone. We just have to live with whatever these new MDs are coming up with and enjoy.

sloshed

(in nayagan style) neenga ARR fana yuvan fana?

dinesh2002
13th April 2006, 10:57 PM
NJV....rendume illai...

Hj fan pa....ahh aahh aahhhh [kamal style] :P

rashid2raj
13th April 2006, 10:59 PM
NJV....rendume illai...

Hj fan pa....ahh aahh aahhhh [kamal style] :P

:)

sloshed
13th April 2006, 10:59 PM
njv,
I am a fan of all only two .. IR and ARR.. fortunately i had my childhood in the 80's where i could enjoy IR and then explore the fantasy side with ARR.. unfortunately I have to grow out of these two folks to like Yuvan. It will take me some time.. but till then I will keep listening to good music..
I guess I still didnt answer your question...
I will prefer ARR to Yuvan anyday .. not becos Yuvan is bad.. just becos I grew up with ARR's music for more than a decade.. Yuvan has to still sink in..

MrJudge
14th April 2006, 12:46 AM
Okay, here's some samples that Yuvan used - recently:

Yes, I listened to your .rar file. Thanks for it. I think this culture of using commercially available loops started only after IR's exit from TFM and in 90s. And as I said before I don't mind MDs using these commercially available loops. Apart from these loops, 90s and today's mds have so much comfort when comes to composing.

app_engine
15th April 2006, 12:54 AM
http://www.hindu.com/fr/2006/04/14/stories/2006041400260400.htm

Feature on YSR...

rajasaranam
15th April 2006, 03:10 AM
Well, ARR did use loops.. But why do HJ choose the same loops as ARR did? YSR doesn't use loops, which ARR has used before..

I wonder why ARR used the same loops that Dr.ALban, Deep Forest etc., did :?: :? :roll:

ansa400
15th April 2006, 08:37 AM

I wonder why ARR used the same loops that Dr.ALban, Deep Forest etc., did :?: :? :roll:

Well, atleast these loops were never used b4 in TFM. :wink:

dinesh2002
15th April 2006, 09:33 AM

ansa.... :lol: thats a good 1!!! :clap:

MrJudge
15th April 2006, 11:35 AM

If that is the case, then you should not talk/act like you created everything from scratch. When asked about similarity between Ace of Base's all that she wants and telephone manipol, your md's answer was "is it? I never heard of AOB song." While the whole world was humming that song non-stop, his reply clearly showed that he was not telling the truth. :evil:

MrJudge
15th April 2006, 11:37 AM

Feature on YSR...

Thanks for the link. The title fits so well for Yuvan :)

MrJudge
15th April 2006, 11:43 AM
-d-

rajasaranam
15th April 2006, 01:58 PM

Atleast now you agreed that he is not a composer of international calibre and belongs to Tfm only and that too miserably failed one :lol:

rashid2raj
15th April 2006, 02:04 PM

Atleast now you agreed that he is not an composer of international calibre and belongs to Tfm only and that too miserably failed one :lol:

So, an composer of international calibre do not have the rights to use samples/loops?? :banghead: btw.Bombay dreams didn't feature any loops..

MADDY
15th April 2006, 04:18 PM

If that is the case, then you should not talk/act like you created everything from scratch. When asked about similarity between Ace of Base's all that she wants and telephone manipol, your md's answer was "is it? I never heard of AOB song." While the whole world was humming that song non-stop, his reply clearly showed that he was not telling the truth. :evil:

should we talk abt Ilayaraja's truth speaking skills??? judge, i've never seen ARR making that statement.......and dunt give me some IR-sponsored,YSR-supported website claiming this.......moreover, YSR is remixing........he is not just using loops....

MADDY
15th April 2006, 04:25 PM
Atleast now you agreed that he is not a composer of international calibre and belongs to Tfm only and that too miserably failed one :lol:

yaaa rite, the same person who send ilayaraja to the streets.....

rashid2raj
15th April 2006, 04:26 PM

So true :thumbsup:

rsubras
15th April 2006, 07:37 PM
maddy and rashid, i hope ilaiyaraja doesnt deserve this kind of statement :)

we are ARR fans, with humility and good nature. so lets not talk bad about the great IR :)

vasanth2006
15th April 2006, 07:44 PM

Feature on YSR...

:D :D :D :thumbsup:

Music4Ever
15th April 2006, 08:27 PM
"If that is the case, then you should not talk/act like you created everything from scratch. When asked about similarity between Ace of Base's all that she wants and telephone manipol, your md's answer was "is it? I never heard of AOB song." While the whole world was humming that song non-stop, his reply clearly showed that he was not telling the truth. "

Overall, a very good point made, barring a few embellishments but those are sagajam in any dispute between fans I guess. I agree that No one is a saint in TFM as far as ripping english music. However, I listened to the Ace of Base song clip mentioned above but even after five or six listenings I cannot fathom where Telephone manipol figures. However, I could clearly sense the inspiration for the part "siragugaL neeLudhE" of ennai konjam paarthu in Kaaka kaaka. The one song apart from Uyirin uyirae which I thought not inspired at all. But now I know both are inspired.

rajasaranam
15th April 2006, 09:39 PM

In your Dreams Dude...:lol:
IR is still garnering projects in Tamil,Telugu, malayalam and Kannada films...
Oops Iam sorry you dont know any local languages in India... You know only hindi and English rite :?: :!: Keep it up thats the true Indian Spirit :thumbsup:

buggle
15th April 2006, 09:46 PM
OH yeah ARR sent IR to streets and YSR sent ARR to streets...
history repeats....

dinesh2002
15th April 2006, 10:26 PM
OH yeah ARR sent IR to streets and YSR sent ARR to streets...
history repeats....

In your Dreams Dude...
ARR is still garnering projects in Tamil,Hindi & International projects...Oops Iam sorry you dont know about international projects... You know only about local languages in south india rite?? Keep it up thats the true about IR & IR's family Fans who dont accept some facts Spirit !!! :lol:

yepedi!! :wink:

MADDY
15th April 2006, 11:35 PM
In your Dreams Dude...
ARR is still garnering projects in Tamil,Hindi & International projects...Oops Iam sorry you dont know about international projects... You know only about local languages in south india rite?? Keep it up thats the true about IR & IR's family Fans who dont accept some facts Spirit !!! :lol:

yepedi!! :wink:

soooooooopermaaaaaaaa.......

RS, if i'm not wrong Hindi is our national language(i dunt agree on it either)..........except kamal, all others deserted IR as soon as ARR came......but i dunt see anyone who is working with ARR going to YSR.........

rsubras, i dunno if u are in this forum since 2000 or not??? if u were then u wuldn't have called these statements harsh.......also,ARR doesent deserve titles like "miserably failed MD".....

if a root-cause-analysis is done on all problems in this forum, it will all point to IR fans and YSR fans and not ARR fans......

rsubras
16th April 2006, 01:00 AM
i accept maddy and i have seen more rude/stupid messages than those, but my question is arent we a class apart? arent we rahman fans??

Just my opinion......:)

rite now there is a healthy trend in TFM, IR praising ARR, ARR praising YSR, ARR respecting IR, YSR and HJ having high regards for ARR, naama mattum en adichikarom :-) and ARR pathi kevalama yaaruna pesuna ignore pannitu poite irukkaratha vittutu why shud we try to retaliate?

MADDY
16th April 2006, 02:34 AM
IR praising ARR

when did that happen?? :shock:

rocketboy
16th April 2006, 06:14 AM
RS, if i'm not wrong Hindi is our national language

I am sick of this statement. Which part of the Indian Constitution declares hindi as a national language ? Can anyone tell me the article no so that I can go and have a look . To the best of my knowledge Hindi never was/is not/ will never be the national language of India.

We have a national animal - tiger.
We have a national bird -peacock.
We even have a national sport- hockey
We don't have a national religion - because we are secular.

The Indian Constitution designates Hindi and English as official languages to be used besides 18 other languages such as tamil ,telugu , malayalam and so on.

MrJudge
16th April 2006, 08:59 AM
However, I listened to the Ace of Base song clip mentioned above but even after five or six listenings I cannot fathom where Telephone manipol figures.

It has been years since I listened to the AOB song. I am sure that the beats are copied from that song, not tune.

MrJudge
16th April 2006, 09:05 AM

In your Dreams Dude...:lol:
IR is still garnering projects in Tamil,Telugu, malayalam and Kannada films...
Oops Iam sorry you dont know any local languages in India... You know only hindi and English rite :?: :!: Keep it up thats the true Indian Spirit :thumbsup:

I don't think Maddy Machchaan will understand why IR was still around even after all whiz-kids coming and going in the TFI. He is not just an album maker, if he was, he would have gone long back just like "that short term MD".

MrJudge
16th April 2006, 09:08 AM
but i dunt see anyone who is working with ARR going to YSR.........

Thank God, those guys are not coming to YSR. All those retiring guys and thundu kumbal inge vendaampa!

dinesh2002
16th April 2006, 10:31 AM
IR praising ARR

when did that happen?? :shock:

for the show apriciating MSV-RM....just latest 1....it was posted in ARRYG....

Just to share something..yesterday i was watching a show on honouring Mellisai Mannargal MS Vishvanathan n TK Ramamoorthy on astro. All the biggies were there like Bala MuraliKrishna, director SP Muthuraman, Vaali, Ilayaraja, p.Susheela, SPB, PB SRinivas, TMS n also ARR. They were giving speech n appreciated the MSVR for the contribution on tamil music industry those time. What i noticed was all of them were appreciating ARR also of his contributions in tamil music industry recently including IR in their speech after they appreciate MSVR. IR said after him, its only ARR is rocking music industry not only in India but in international level. He said he is proud to say ARR is once his student n assistant n he also claimed that all of theirs contribution were from MSVR. Even Vaali also said that ARR is doing great job n praised him alot. When MSV start to talk, he call ARR hug him n kiss him said that he is the most talented musician after them now. He said he was satisfied with work done by ARR in recreating new tune for Thottal Poo malarum from New. He said it is better then his song in original one. When TK Ramamoorthy gave speech he said ARR have worked with him since small age n he said that ARR is the best keyboardist ever he know in tamil music industry. Both of them hug him n praised him a lot untill it shows clearly that some drop of tears came down from ARR's eyes. Its really a big honouring that ARR got when the two legends (MSVR n IR) praised him a lot. I was touched with the moments showed there. I think its a new show but it should be after ARR's film New. If anybody from Malaysia had watched it on astro Vaanavil at 3.00pm until 6.30pm (Tuesday) please share ur thoughts. Its just a summary of what i've seen in the show. c ya. bye.

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/message/64504

my thundu judge....the word from IR ...ur YSR's father itself said after him...only ARR is ROCKING INDIA & INTERNATIONAL!! ;);)...his son is not included....told u he is not in leauge with MSVR-IR-ARR...ketkumatingere.... :lol: ..even MSVR said ARR is the MAN after them(including IR)....knowing its after New...that time YSR is already popular...enna aachu??? :lol:

xml
16th April 2006, 11:01 AM
Well discussion.
Nice to hear ARR more than YSR here which mean nothing to talk other than critisizing YSR. Please note IR camp didn't go to ARR after the retirement. It is shame to ARR he couldn't make anything on his own(just like his music) survived by ir camp. YSR made his own camp after IR. What happened to KB,Vasu,Shankar.

xml
16th April 2006, 11:17 AM
Every one knows ARR did nothing in US In the past years and they are thinking ARR is performing in TFM. From this forum I understand he is doing nothing in TFM. So which malaysian album ARR is doing now.

MADDY
16th April 2006, 01:44 PM
for the show apriciating MSV-RM....just latest 1....it was posted in ARRYG....

Just to share something..yesterday i was watching a show on honouring Mellisai Mannargal MS Vishvanathan n TK Ramamoorthy on astro. All the biggies were there like Bala MuraliKrishna, director SP Muthuraman, Vaali, Ilayaraja, p.Susheela, SPB, PB SRinivas, TMS n also ARR. They were giving speech n appreciated the MSVR for the contribution on tamil music industry those time. What i noticed was all of them were appreciating ARR also of his contributions in tamil music industry recently including IR in their speech after they appreciate MSVR. IR said after him, its only ARR is rocking music industry not only in India but in international level. He said he is proud to say ARR is once his student n assistant n he also claimed that all of theirs contribution were from MSVR. Even Vaali also said that ARR is doing great job n praised him alot. When MSV start to talk, he call ARR hug him n kiss him said that he is the most talented musician after them now. He said he was satisfied with work done by ARR in recreating new tune for Thottal Poo malarum from New. He said it is better then his song in original one. When TK Ramamoorthy gave speech he said ARR have worked with him since small age n he said that ARR is the best keyboardist ever he know in tamil music industry. Both of them hug him n praised him a lot untill it shows clearly that some drop of tears came down from ARR's eyes. Its really a big honouring that ARR got when the two legends (MSVR n IR) praised him a lot. I was touched with the moments showed there. I think its a new show but it should be after ARR's film New. If anybody from Malaysia had watched it on astro Vaanavil at 3.00pm until 6.30pm (Tuesday) please share ur thoughts. Its just a summary of what i've seen in the show. c ya. bye.

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/message/64504

really touched..... :shock:

Scale
16th April 2006, 03:04 PM
I read this on the same day in ARR YG and I am awaiting more inputs for its authencity (Was it discussed in IR YG?). Unfortunately, none of them from ARR-YG have recorded it!. Yes! Its the same felicitation function in honor of MSV-RM where ARR said "That both MSV & IR are Universities of Music "MSV oru kodu pottar appuram Ilaiyaraaja oru kodu pottar. Naan athula nadanthitu irukkaen" Could locate the exact photographs or video links from indiaglitz? :roll:

http://www.lazygeek.net/archives/2005/08/rahman_on_raajas_tis.html
- Last post by Vignesh!

Look :shock: Like our beloved ego-centric "IR fans" here, these MEDIA also totally burried that "IR appreciated ARR Music" which WE never heard of. Aren't there any attendees in that function from here :lol: When exactly it happened? Why Is it telecasted now not anywhere b4? After a long break of those 2 functions YSR-Wedding & TIS function where ARR personally attended. Why was IT not telecasted in TamilNadu yet.:wink: hm.... Anyhow, ippavavadhu oru arivu jeevikku vaaya thorandhu aduthavangala pugalanum(pughalukkurivara thaan) nu oru ennam vandhadhe. I am dying to get this VIDEO at any cost. :cry:

Unmaiya sollanumna MSV thaan evvalavu periya manusharu illaina IR-ARR kooda sernthu work panni iruppara?

vasanth2006
16th April 2006, 07:42 PM
guys,

i want to mention some of the person's comments.

the great legend writer Vali told in AV interview in the meaning of Yuvan is in the league of MSV-IR-ARR.
(avar sonnathu."Naan MSV kalathule work pannunen. appa IR vanthu machanai parthinkkalannu vanthu patti tottiyellam pripalamanaru.avarkudavum work pannen.apparam chikku pukku rayilunnu ARR vantharu oru kalakku kallakkunaru. avarkudavum work panninean. ippa Yuvan vanthu thathai thathainnu oru kallakku kalakkunaru. avarkudavum work pannikittrukken.")

ace director priyadarsan in kumutham or AV interview,
He told like after IR,rahman, Yuvan came into TFM. so there is no problem for TFM.(avaridam MFM patthi sollungannu kettathukku, avar MFMlla talents varamatengranga. but if u take TFM, u see after IR,ARR, Yuvan came in to the field. so there is no problem for musical talents.)

MD jassi gift also told in AV interview like after IR,ARR, Yuvan is now Leading in TFM now.

Thunderbird
17th April 2006, 12:24 AM
Judge,
why dont u answer rsubras's question instead of asking questions.

sari judge itho pidichiko(-nga in case you are an elder), direct questions

correct yourself before you lecturing others :cool:

njv
17th April 2006, 01:09 AM
the best way to stop this nonsense is

1. ARR fans go back to ARR forum and discuss abt ARR and ignore YSR. Samething for YSR fans.

2. Lock this thread.

Dont know which one is going to happen first.

thamizhvaanan
17th April 2006, 09:18 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:
wise words njv!
i myself feel like an idiot coming back and checking out this topic.

Sanjeevi
17th April 2006, 09:55 AM
njv,

will you remove your head if you don't want headache :roll:

Hulkster
17th April 2006, 10:04 AM
Yeppa Raasa paiygala...by fighting over YSR and ARR you guys are not going to achieve anything except more posts and more posts....IR is praising ARR...ARR is a fan of YSR and all of them are on quite good terms with each other except the fans...i would like to tell you all that if you really hate the MD...avoid talking about him instead of attracting unnecessary attentions and can we please concentrate on YSR's new albums instead of talking things which are not even related here (What does ARR have to do with YSR's new albums?).

Azhagai Irukirai Bayamai Irukiruthu is a good experimentation By YSR but his voice brings down the flow of the songs. Perhaps the usage of singers like karthik would have elevated the album to a better level and maybe we could have appreciated the music he has done in it. Oram po naina is a class song and i give YSR credit for it. As for yuvans voice, i feel certain songs suit yuvan well like Oru naalil which i could not even imagine SPB doing it.

RR
17th April 2006, 10:21 AM
For ARR (vs) YSR vs ..., pls go to the 'unofficial' bashing thread:

http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=4403

Let's keep this thread only for discussing YSR new albums. If the headache persists, I'll have to apply 'Eraser Balm'.

sloshed
17th April 2006, 11:44 PM
RR ,

why spoil the fun .. people still havent gotten over ARR vs IR yet... let them be ...
Moreover if you think , if all of them started praising all the MD's there would be no TFM page.

sloshed
18th April 2006, 12:09 AM
-deleted-

moderator's warning: stay away from personal attacks.

rajasaranam
18th April 2006, 12:38 AM
Sloshed,
That was the most hillarious stuff I read in ages :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: try improvising on it and write a lengthy one man...may be it can be added to the tfm magazine :thumbsup:

njv
18th April 2006, 01:33 AM
njv,

will you remove your head if you don't want headache :roll:

No I wont, but at the same time I wont remove somebody's head also. Each day goes by and I stop ignoring few threads and few people and the list only grows day by day.

MrJudge
18th April 2006, 09:07 AM
sloshed:

That is hilarious and a very good one :lol:

MADDY
18th April 2006, 09:20 AM
sloshed, u xpect ARR fans to take this in a light hearted manner u have taken a direct dig at Dinesh,Rashid2raj and our thread "Hidden magic in ARR's music" in our section.////???

i have sent a PM to RR and NOV.....let's see how they take it???

dinesh2002
18th April 2006, 09:24 AM
-deleted-

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ur officially GONE man... :lol: im laughing at that only...not at ur lame " joke corner" :wink: didint know those 2 characters [Dee neesh tooo thou sand and Raaa sheee duuu raaajj] actually made u unhinged... :wink: hats of to those 2 characters :lol: :lol:

Sanjeevi
18th April 2006, 10:48 AM
sloshed very funny

:rotfl:

NOV
18th April 2006, 11:54 AM
Moderator's Note: Well, assuredly we will not tolerate personal attacks. Taking pot shots at fellow Hubbers will only result in action taken against the posts and eventually against the Hubber concerned.

sloshed
18th April 2006, 06:36 PM
oops,
I am suprised .. my post was taken as a personal dig.... come on guyz .. even Bush is being battered .. anywayz.. no more such posts...
And I am equally suprised the moderator did not give me a chance to hear my side of the story ....
and waiting to hear how he defines 'personal attacks' becos one of the posts directed at me said 'demented man' and its still here ????

Anywayz I will keep my 'story' writing skills aside and concentrate on music..

dinesh2002
18th April 2006, 07:44 PM
oops,
I am suprised .. my post was taken as a personal dig.... come on guyz .. even Bush is being battered .. anywayz.. no more such posts...
And I am equally suprised the moderator did not give me a chance to hear my side of the story ....
and waiting to hear how he defines 'personal attacks' becos one of the posts directed at me said 'demented man' and its still here ????

Anywayz I will keep my 'story' writing skills aside and concentrate on music..

ok va...i changed the word....

sloshed
18th April 2006, 07:54 PM
Dinesh .... take it cool man... I am no qualms about you or Rashid for that matter ... I think you guyz are doing a great job by keeping tfmpage active.. gives me a chance to participate as well.. sometimes healthy sometimes not...
... looking forward to more in the future.. if i really offended you or rashid.. I am sorry ...

dinesh2002
18th April 2006, 10:19 PM
Dinesh .... take it cool man... I am no qualms about you or Rashid for that matter ... I think you guyz are doing a great job by keeping tfmpage active.. gives me a chance to participate as well.. sometimes healthy sometimes not...
... looking forward to more in the future.. if i really offended you or rashid.. I am sorry ...

no problem machan...same here....im sorry if my words ever offended u..... take it easy.... 8-)

vasanth2006
21st April 2006, 06:14 PM
Yuvan in full flow
IndiaGlitz [Friday, April 21, 2006]

Director Vasanth and music director Yuvan Shankar Raja join hands for Satham Podathae. The two had worked together last in Poovellam Kettupar which had Suriya and Jyothika in the lead roles.

Vasanth says, 'After a long gap , I am working with Yuvan Shankar. He is a talented music-composer who comes up with quality music that is reaching the audience well'.

Yuvan Shankar is a busy music-composer with over dozen movies in his kitty now including few big ones like Pudhupettai, Vallavan, Paruthi Veeran among others.

Satham Podathae stars Prithviraj and Padmapriya and the shooting on at a rapid pace

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/21935.html

MrJudge
29th April 2006, 05:27 PM
What next for Simbu?
IndiaGlitz [Thursday, April 27, 2006]

Silambarasan is campaigning for his father and actor-director T Rajendhar, who is contesting from Mayiladuthurai in the forthcoming Assembly elections.

His long-pending Vallavan featuring Nayantara, Reema Sen and Sandhya too is nearing completion.

The next question which immediately crops up is what is his next move?

According to sources, Silambarasan has been assigned to play the lead role in a movie to be produced by director Saran's Gemini Films International.

The actor has been reportedly paid a hefty sum as advance and it looks most likely that the movie would go to floors this June.

Buzz is that the movie might be directed by director Charan himself or Vishnuvardhan, after the success of Pattiyal, may step in.

All the best Silambarasan.

---------------------------------------------------

If Vishnu directs this movie, another new movie is on Yuvan's way!

MrJudge
29th April 2006, 05:33 PM
Kedi has 8 songs done by Yuvan and so is Vallavan. Looks like they will be released next month.

Sanjeevi
3rd May 2006, 05:27 PM
Director of Kedi told Kedi will be 2006's musical.

I hope it will match atleast his previous U18E20

Djpak
3rd May 2006, 08:52 PM
Don't thing Kedi will be musical hit as E20U18 !
nono man !
And vallvan first release in august, movie isent yet finish shoots missing and i think there some problems also ..

MrJudge
4th May 2006, 10:36 AM

E20U18 hit-ta? entha oorlaba irukkeenga? some outer space?

rashid2raj
4th May 2006, 10:41 AM

E20U18 hit-ta? entha oorlaba irukkeenga? some outer space?

music was hit !!

kidils
5th May 2006, 07:30 AM
why is yuvan singing all his songs now a days. his voice sounds just bad... he destroys even his own good songs by singing it.

vasanth2006
5th May 2006, 06:33 PM
i think No media is exposed the Yuvan's award winning. very rare exposing. but Hindu come up with a article.

Today's HINDU is published the old online article in the friday review.

i will briefly give the important points in the article. ( if i am wrong, then point it out.).

Yuvan, the new youth icon

with several hits and a award, Yuvan is the hottest music director of TFM.

for generation Next : Yuvan shankar raja

*Yuvan is attracted youth very well who is 85% of sales market.
(i think in colleges and all, a huge grace for yuvan.)

*Yuvan is leading in the FM count downs

1)pudhupettai

2)pattiyal

3)kalvanin kadhali

*Yuvan created the HIP-HOP style of music in TFM.
Hip-hop is a sort of a rap music made up of two components rapping and D jing (audio mixing) initiated by black Americans and Latinos in New York City in 1970s.

*Yuvan got the international best MD award.

here is the link (i think already this link is posted in one of the thread.)

MADDY
5th May 2006, 07:38 PM
[i][b]Yuvan, the new youth icon

now how can a guy born with silver spoon be called a youth icon???this is ridiculuous...does he know the hardships of a upcoming MD???

thumburu
5th May 2006, 08:56 PM
BORN with a silver or "pithaLai" spoon doesn't count anymore. Otherwise KR ahould be atleast in the top 5. Giving hits and saleability are all that counts for sustaining and Yuvan knows the tricks of the trade like ARR

thamizhvaanan
5th May 2006, 10:12 PM

now how can a guy born with silver spoon be called a youth icon???this is ridiculuous...does he know the hardships of a upcoming MD???

i think we shud appreciate YSRs acheivements rather than finding excuses for his success. :clap: :clap: All the best to yuvan .

PS: i just hope he doesn do the same mistake as his father and be a bit more selective.

rajasaranam
5th May 2006, 10:14 PM

BORN with a silver or "pithaLai" spoon doesn't count anymore. Otherwise KR ahould be atleast in the top 5. Giving hits and saleability are all that counts for sustaining and Yuvan knows the tricks of the trade like ARR

:hammer: :) :P :D :twisted: :lol: :mrgreen: :rotfl: :poke: :huh: :notworthy:

rajasaranam
5th May 2006, 10:16 PM
PS: i just hope he doesn do the same mistake as his father and be a bit more selective.

No need to worry mate we had countless gems only becos IR did those mistakes 8-)

thamizhvaanan
5th May 2006, 10:36 PM

No need to worry mate we had countless gems only becos IR did those mistakes 8-)

:roll: yea, u r right in a way :thumbsup: but still I stick to my views :D

MADDY
5th May 2006, 11:19 PM
:hammer: :) :P :D :twisted: :lol: :mrgreen: :rotfl: :poke: :huh: :notworthy:

are u ok sir??

infact if YSR can blend his father's natural flair and rahman's techno feel the he can become to TFM wat federer is to tennis...

this is wat i quoted in another thread......i like YSR and his songs but the unneccessary hype just bcos of his status as IR's son is irritating.....tell me y all IR-fans like YSR??? i hate family domination wherever it is......

rocketboy
5th May 2006, 11:34 PM

I don't respect your views in this matter. IR rocked . IR rocks. IR will rock forever 8-)

Sanjeevi
5th May 2006, 11:38 PM
Tell me MADDY what about Machi songs :roll: and one of "Male Male Maruthamala" song singers

Thunderbird
6th May 2006, 01:09 AM
this is wat i quoted in another thread......i like YSR and his songs but the unneccessary hype just bcos of his status as IR's son is irritating.....tell me y all IR-fans like YSR??? i hate family domination wherever it is......

just as I hate overhype for ARR :wink:

rashid2raj
6th May 2006, 01:13 AM

just as I hate overhype for ARR :wink:

Well, who is "overhyping" ARR.. ?

answer: THE MEDIA.. :!:

ezy0265
6th May 2006, 05:51 AM
rashit2raj!!!

The same answer goes back to you smart a****!

No matter what YSR does it will be almost impossible for him to outdo what his dad had achieved in music. But he his already matching up to ARR at this moment itself. If you can't face this fact just "potthikkittu orampoh Naina!"
Stop using lame excuses that his songs are becoming hits just because he is IR's son. This is more than absurd and only shows your desperation my friend.

Do you mean to say that jury in Cyprus Film Festival chose YSR as best music director because he is IR's son!!!????

With the kind of logic you people have been using, I won't be surprised if you claim that they gave it to YSR because they knew that he coming from the same State as ARR???? Konjam vittaaa athaiyum solliveenga macchaangala!

thamizhvaanan
6th May 2006, 07:22 AM

I don't respect your views in this matter. IR rocked . IR rocks. IR will rock forever 8-)
that goes without saying man. who denied it? IR rocked, rocks and will rock forever :D

vasanth2006
6th May 2006, 01:00 PM

yuvan IRvudaiya sonna porathuthan ippa thappa poiduchu? :roll:
i think Now IR's son image is burden for Yuvan. because of the image all are expecting more from him and ARR fans hate him.

we are not saying that Yuvan is youth icon. the great HINDU saying. not only HINDU, the Youths are saying. i am really feel this in my office also. HINDU hype pannutha?

May be the IR's son image helps yuvan in the initial carrier. but now i am seeing yuvan and IR as seperate entities. not only me, most of the general people also viewing in the manner only.
how many times we can say that karthik raja also son of IR. is he successful? but yuvan is successful. why maddy?. yuvan has his own talent. he has his own style. the great IR himself trying to imitate like yuvan in the live shows. even ARR told in one interview like Yuvan has his own style of music. yuvan grown in his own machi.Not because of IR.

hype hypennu solrengale. Yuvan award vangunathukku entha media expose pannunathu? kumudham? AV? any channells?

if ARR get that award? what would happen?

please engourage the talents like yuvan. He is capable.

MADDY
6th May 2006, 03:42 PM
vasanth, i'll encourage new talents but if they are from a poor/middleclass background with fire in their bellies...see, anyone who lives with IR for 27 yrs in his life will have a gr8 musical sense, and if u r in a profession for 7-8 yrs u'll learn the tricks of trade and u tend to get better......that is wat YSR is.....he has learnt music just like i learned software.........

i accept that YSR has come thru but KR didnt.......KR used IR's tunes for all songs in Grahan.....and he was having a very high IR influence which has killed him.......KR is beyond repair......

YSR is mediocre, he has been made gr8 bcos of his family.....imagine if he had not been IR's son he wud have gone to the ground with all his flops in his initial days.....

moreover, the day ARR promotes his son/daughters i'll hate them too.....please let new ppl. come in........

i hate to imagine a industry where IR/ARR are old MDs, YSR and ARR's daughter as middle-aged pros and their grandchildren as upcomin MDs.....

rsubras
6th May 2006, 05:04 PM
maddy, i dont buy your logic

probably if Karthik Raja is the most happening composer today, there is substance in ur argument, coz we all know IR and IR's strong fan Kamal hassan has tried a lot to promote KR from his first uyyalala song (Pandian). But YSR has been and is away from all these imho. probably he pocketed Aravindan and initial few movies on Raja's name but from thereon, i think from Dheena YSR is standing on his own....

I still remember, there was one India Today magazine published at the end of year 2001 i guess, there was an article on young talent in Tamil film music (similar to the article some 5-6 years earlier on A.R.Rahman). In that article they had featured several upcoming musicians and also had their interview. Karthik raja, Bharani, Harris jeyaraj were all in the feature. They had contacted YSR also and it seems he has said, "Sorry, This is a feature on so many musicians and I dont want to be part of it, I will get back to you one day when you put an article exclusively on me" (ithu maathiri etho sonnaru nu India Today la pottirunthanga) I was thinking...... how rude this guy is (Begin an ARR fan, I like only humbleness and modesty :) ). But time has proved that YSR is getting better and he doesnt make statement just like that. Indeed India Today had a cover story on him some years later, but the point is YSR is as dignified and righteous as his father is (except when it comes to lifting western tunes ;) ). So def YSR rised on his own and not based on his father.

>>anyone who lives with IR for 27 yrs in his life will have a gr8 musical sense, and if u r in a profession for 7-8 yrs u'll learn the tricks of trade and u tend to get better

Thatz the case with ARR too.. Even ARR has admitted that... being a son of a musician (His father shekar is a great musician himself) u def wud have a great musical sense and u'll learn the tricks of trade and tend to get better :)

Watz wrong if an offspring of a great person comes up in the same profession as long as he delivers?

dinesh2002
6th May 2006, 05:20 PM
omg...i came in here to discuss on YSR songs...instead YSR is beeing trashed...comparing YSR to other mds [today],he has prove something which no other mds can achieve...YSR never worked with big banners of big stars to make an album hit..... wherelese Harris,Baradwaj,etc etc has big actors or banners supporting them,infact Harris case its ALWIZ the movie that popularised his songs rather than the other way round....YSR on the other hand has gone beyong all this & make movies get recognized by his music solely....i only remember this was done previously only by MSV,IR & ofcourse ARR.though im not prepared to say he is in the line with the maestros i mentioned above,but he is way ahead of the TODAY's mds....the thing is...Maddy's comment too make sense...people now days r recognising YSR like this " Supperb song machan,yaarela music'ke? YSR da....Illaiyaraja's maghan" u see he has this IR SON fact backing him up & making people look high on him....its not his fault but wut to do...its going that way only....lets wait until they mention YSR like this " YSR music da...savadi da..."..it wont be long....if some dum*b producers actually sees his talent & appoint him for thier next movies instead of clones like Harris beein crowned!!

MADDY
6th May 2006, 06:47 PM
rsubras, the only thing common betn me & u is i guess we like ARR (i think so)......other than that we r total opposites..... :D ......gud that we are showcasing ARR-fanclub as a multi-dimensioned group and not like other MD fan groups which are so annoyingly single-dimensioned.... :D .....ezy0265, eppadi??? one ARR-fan is criticising YSR and other is supporting him.....atleast now understand ARR-fans and the man who drives us.....

hey guys i dont wanna drive my point further as i find ppl. have no problems in hereditary growth in all fields..... :( .....nobody realises that we are going to miss a prospective Rahman or Ilayarja from some ordinary family in d future.....fine, mera baap ka kya jaata hain(wat's my father's loss) :lol:

rsubras for ur kind info, ARR was the king rite from day1.......he came into the field well learned and he didnt have his father rite from his 11 yrs.......he never got better cos he was better than the best rite from d day he stepped in......

Sanjeevi
6th May 2006, 07:28 PM
When coming to KR and YSR, we should take KR and YSR thoughts. They are thinkning totally diferent.

KR want to give music what he like
YSR want to give music what people like

That is the main difference between them. Thats why YSR is leading now even though we considering both are equially talented or KR > YSR. I feel really sad for KR did not able to find his right way till now. I personally like KR's songs a lot especially Ullasam, Alexander, Manickam (Rakamma), Dum Dum Dum and album, etc. Even though the above said albums were hit, he is still in the thrid row of tamil film music directors.

vasanth2006
6th May 2006, 07:50 PM
maddy, i dont buy your logic

probably if Karthik Raja is the most happening composer today, there is substance in ur argument, coz we all know IR and IR's strong fan Kamal hassan has tried a lot to promote KR from his first uyyalala song (Pandian). But YSR has been and is away from all these imho. probably he pocketed Aravindan and initial few movies on Raja's name but from thereon, i think from Dheena YSR is standing on his own....

thats what i want to communicate!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

i am slightly confusing with ur logic maddy. nalla thiramai ulla oruthar oru periya legenddo sonna iruntha periya alaga koodatha?
appa antha thiramai ullavar varave/valarave koodatha?
athuve thiramai illainna ur point is 200% valid. :thumbsup:

yuvan is in talented catagory. simple example: "malargale" song's tune can not be composed by normal composer. simply out of world.
IMHO, that is in the catagory of "thendral vanthu theendum" from avatharam, "margazhi poove" from may matham.
he composed many many songs like that. (another example is mun paniya).

sanjeevi, u reflected my thoughts regarding KR and YSR.

rsubras
6th May 2006, 10:58 PM
>>rsubras, the only thing common betn me & u is i guess we like ARR (i think so)..

Maddy :) dont doubt me..... I had been ARR's fan rite from Pudhiya Mugam (Roja i thought might go as one film wonder :), but thankfully it did not) and had been praying and felt happy for ARR's success ever since.. Infact ARR is the only one whom i can proudly say i consider as my icon from the film world.. He is more than my favorite composer.... I like him and his character more than his phenomenal music....

>> he came into the field well learned

who denied that? I was just saying that being the son of a Musician certainly helped him a lot, to be accustomed to all those instruments, picking up tunes, improvisations, understanding the style of different music etc., as it did for YSR too....

>>he has this IR SON fact backing him up

I dont think so... Infact it was a burden for YSR in his initial days and he failed to coup up with that tag... Now he is entirely his own imho....

>>YSR never worked with big banners of big stars to make an album hit

thatz one concern I have for YSR. Seems like he scores music well and better only if he is one of the big name involved in a particular project other than the director...... His scores for films where the actor / banner has been big were not upto mark....

eg:- Pudhiya Geethai (Vijay), Thennavan (Vijayakanth), Junior Senior (Mammooty), Rishi (Sarath kumar), Winner (Prashanth) [O.K Prashanth is not a big name, but still u wud see Winner as a Prashanth's film or Sundar.C's film rather than YSR's film], Perazhagan (Surya, AVM Banner)

There might be a reason behind him not accepting any major offers, he wud want to be known as one of the hero's for a film's success may be :)

MADDY
6th May 2006, 11:09 PM
never mind rsubras, :D infact i'm proud that ARRfans range from a SJSuryah fan like me to YSR-sympathiser like u...u know something one IR fan used to support ramarajan just bcos he acted in some IR movies, and no one opposed him from his group but when i talk abt SJS i get bashed by my own ppl.........we are more balanced than all....sorry for the disgression YSR fans :oops:

hey vasanth, i really dunt mind YSR comin thru.....ppl. get wat they like and deserve......if they want star-kids only then fine......as i told b4 "mera baap ka kya jaata hain" :lol:

i guess i'll stop here :wave:

Thunderbird
7th May 2006, 02:03 AM
vasanth, i'll encourage new talents but if they are from a poor/middleclass background with fire in their bellies...see, anyone who lives with IR for 27 yrs in his life will have a gr8 musical sense, and if u r in a profession for 7-8 yrs u'll learn the tricks of trade and u tend to get better......that is wat YSR is.....he has learnt music just like i learned software.........

i accept that YSR has come thru but KR didnt.......KR used IR's tunes for all songs in Grahan.....and he was having a very high IR influence which has killed him.......KR is beyond repair......

YSR is mediocre, he has been made gr8 bcos of his family.....imagine if he had not been IR's son he wud have gone to the ground with all his flops in his initial days.....

moreover, the day ARR promotes his son/daughters i'll hate them too.....please let new ppl. come in........

i hate to imagine a industry where IR/ARR are old MDs, YSR and ARR's daughter as middle-aged pros and their grandchildren as upcomin MDs.....

what a nonsense :rotfl:

so how about YSR roaring ahead of his brother and other MDs? :?

YSR is the youth icon :thumbsup:

Thunderbird
7th May 2006, 02:07 AM
omg...i came in here to discuss on YSR songs...instead YSR is beeing trashed...comparing YSR to other mds [today],he has prove something which no other mds can achieve...YSR never worked with big banners of big stars to make an album hit..... wherelese Harris,Baradwaj,etc etc has big actors or banners supporting them,infact Harris case its ALWIZ the movie that popularised his songs rather than the other way round....YSR on the other hand has gone beyong all this & make movies get recognized by his music solely....i only remember this was done previously only by MSV,IR & ofcourse ARR.though im not prepared to say he is in the line with the maestros i mentioned above,but he is way ahead of the TODAY's mds....the thing is...Maddy's comment too make sense...people now days r recognising YSR like this " Supperb song machan,yaarela music'ke? YSR da....Illaiyaraja's maghan" u see he has this IR SON fact backing him up & making people look high on him....its not his fault but wut to do...its going that way only....lets wait until they mention YSR like this " YSR music da...savadi da..."..it wont be long....if some dum*b producers actually sees his talent & appoint him for thier next movies instead of clones like Harris beein crowned!!

:notworthy: :thumbsup:

jaiganes
7th May 2006, 10:06 AM
I am in chennai currently and was travelling in auto. the auto was playing "Taj Mahal Oviya Kaadhal" song. The stereo system was good . I asked the Auto driver which film is this song. he said it was from Anbe Aaruyire. When I went home and asked my wife, she replied "Kalvanin Kaadhali" and the music was by YSR. The auto driver off course has no time to see sun Music channel, he simply goes by how he feels abt the song. I could distinctively feel that YSR' musicn feel, recording style , the packaging is totally ARRish. Even the way the alters voice and treats singers is total ARR style. Voice altering is soomething IR would never do. He would ask the singers to alter their voices like SPB did in many of his songs. So there are fundamental difference between IR and YSR. YSR chose the path of ARR . Lets see how far he goes. I am personally satisfied with his work in Pudhuppettai and 7GRC. As far as his not so great works with seniors , the reason could be the gereation gap. Thats another reason why I want to see ARR with lot of new , young directors to regain his old foot tapping best.

thamizhvaanan
7th May 2006, 10:21 AM
jaiganes :thumbsup:

Sanjeevi
7th May 2006, 11:59 AM
dear friends couldn't you realise U1's own style. I can only pity on you.

villan007
7th May 2006, 02:54 PM
AIBI songs :clap:

Kanave kalaikirathe is one of the best :thumbsup:

Ilauithirkaalam song is cool 8-)

12bums
9th May 2006, 03:00 AM
Yow Jaiganes, rendu padathilayum SJ Suryathaan.Chances r that the auto driver saw the song on TV and got it confused. But just bcos u want to prove a point, are'nt u stretching it a bit too thin? Autodrivers have no time to watch Sun? Come on dude!!!!

jegansavannah
9th May 2006, 04:39 AM
itz really funny. any present tfm fan can easily distinguish ysr from arr song. atleast if you compare HJ with ARR .. we can accept it. As he follow the footsteps of ARR. U1 is unique in that . he had got his own style now.dont bash U1 just becoz he is the son of IR. i am sure any MD who has given hits like wht U1 is giving at present time will be hyped far more than what u1 is getting.. tht' s a sad part.

Thunderbird
9th May 2006, 10:49 AM
Yuvan plans to go international
IndiaGlitz [Monday, May 08, 2006]

Yuvan Shankar Raja is the latest music sensation. With back-to-back hits, his stocks are rising steadily in Tamil film industry.

Son of music wizard Ilayaraja, Yuvan is busy with half-a-dozen offers with several still waiting for his final word.

Among his forthcoming plans include coming up with an international music album.

Says Yuvan, it is an exclusive album with a mix of Tamil and English pop songs. 'I have immersed myself in the creation with international artistes featured on it. It's planned for next summer'.

Going further, Yuvan says, 'As far as my music is concerned, the pace hardly matters. Most of my hits are melodies. All the same, thrust has to be on the script and the director's vision of a song'.

When asked whether technology has overtaken real talent, Yuvan says, 'Indeed yes. Thanks to advanced technology, any request from the director can be fulfilled. But I take my time to come out with the best.'

vasanth2006
14th May 2006, 07:38 PM
Yuvan's interview in newstoday

http://newstodaynet.com/06may/ss2.htm

Yuvan is going to international :D

vasanth2006
14th May 2006, 07:40 PM
LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON

Yuvan Shankar Raja the rocking music director of the south is
planning to go international like his father Ilayaraja. He has plans
of doing an international pop music album featuring Tamil and
English pop songs. Yuvan who has numerous projects up his sleeve
says it will be possible for him to release such an album only by
next summer. He has also planned to utilize both Indian and
international talent in his album.

taken from www.galatta.com

Source : yuvanshankarfans YG

MrJudge
15th May 2006, 04:27 PM
[tscii:11788290ae]Yuvan speaks
By Moviebuzz

Yuvan Shankar Raja has evolved as the hottest music director in Kollywood. Tamil film music has change drastically as a new breed of music directors and singers have taken over. Yuvan made it big only in the last two years and made rapid strides with films like Kathal Kondein, 7-G Rainbow Colony, Manmathan , Arindhum Ariyamalum among others. His recent songs from Kalvanin Kathali, Pattiyal and Puthupettai are all chartbusters. And Yuvan was recently adjudged as the best music director at the Cyprus International Film Festival for his musical score in Raam. In conversation with Yuvan

Congrats on bagging the best music director award at Cyprus?
I felt elated and happy as it is an International award. It is a gift from God as Raam album has my mother's favourite song "Aarariraro…" sung by Jesudas uncle and my personal favourite "Boom Boom…" the hip-hop number.

How did you emerge as the youth icon of Tamil film music?
When I started out nearly 10 years back, the music scene was very different. I wanted to do something different from the run-of-the-mill variety. So I evolved a style of my own and preferred to cater to only the youth. My growth had been gradual and not overnight which also helped me to stabilize and believe in my kind of music.

Whom do you attribute your success to?
I owe it all to my directors with whom I share a great rapport. They are all below 30, are more like friends and we also think alike. Our wave length is same and I definitely love working with only people in my age group who vibe well with me. They understand the importance of music in today's commercial cinema and song placement.

Yuvan- Selvaraghavan combination is the best. Please comment?
(Smiles) It's not like that. We are good friends though I have made good music for Vishnuvardhan, Silamabarasan and others.

Your critics point out that you brought in the new trend of having remixes in albums?
I know a lot of people including my brother Karthik Raja are against the remix trend. However I think they are popular as there is a blend of modern and nostalgia and this appeal to a wider section of listeners. Today technology helps you a great deal which has its own advantage like producing a number really fast. [/tscii:11788290ae]

vasanth2006
15th May 2006, 05:32 PM
Thanks judge for the information. :D

vigneshram
23rd May 2006, 05:04 PM
It's been a long time since a new YSR's album came out.Any idea as what's in the pipeline to be released soon?

vasanth2006
23rd May 2006, 07:10 PM
vigneshram

Yuvan's upcoming movies

1)Vallavan
2)paruthi veeran
3)Thimir
4)Sweet
5)satham podathey
6)aravind krishna's directorial movie(i am not sure on this)

Vallavan's audio is expected to release on june.

MrJudge
23rd May 2006, 10:03 PM
7 . kedi

hariprasadb23
23rd May 2006, 10:58 PM
sweet has music by vijay antony
vallavan -simbu had a fight with reema sen when the movie will come god only knows.
any other movie in pipeline

hariprasadb23
24th May 2006, 01:16 PM
kedi probably audio will be released in june

i saw ina paper that u1 is md of dhanush movie dir. by raju sundaram

i want him to do music for surya

MrJudge
31st May 2006, 10:05 PM
Another movie is on the way of YSR?

----------------------------

Reality films are in
IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, May 31, 2006]

Films inspired by real-life incidents are on the increase in recent times. Adding one more to the list is director V Z Durai's next venture.

Titled Hindu Nesan, the movie is supposed to star Jeeva in the lead role. The movie would be produced by director Ameer, who is wielding the megaphone for Paruthy Veeran.

It may be recalled that Hindu Nesan was a popular magazine in early 1940s which wrote gossips on veteran actors M K Thyagaraja Bhagavathar and N S Krishnan. Its reporter Lakshmikanthan was murdered and the blame fell on MKT and NSK resulting in both being jailed.

One wonders whether the movie is inspired by the incident. However efforts to contact Durai in this regard has failed. Durai, who shot to fame directing movies like Mugavari, Kadhal Sadugudu and Thotti Jaya, is planning to commence shooting in the coming months.

MrJudge
2nd June 2006, 09:34 AM
I heard from one of my friends that Selva is going to direct telugu flick with Venkatesh in 3 months and in September he is directing Vijay. So two more new movies will be done by YSR :)

great
2nd June 2006, 09:38 AM
I heard from one of my friends that Selva is going to direct telugu flick with Venkatesh in 3 months and in September he is directing Vijay. So two more new movies will be done by YSR :)

Yup he is directing venkatesh film it will get over in 50 days.I dont think he is gonna direct vijay film as of now.

MrJudge
2nd June 2006, 09:40 AM
Yup he is directing venkatesh film it will get over in 50 days.I dont think he is gonna direct vijay film as of now.

great,

I think the news has come out in this week AV.

great
2nd June 2006, 11:05 AM
i read selvaragavan interview that he will complete his venkatesh film in 50 days after that he hasnt planned anything as of now.

vigneshram
2nd June 2006, 12:38 PM
Today's issue of AV has Selva's interview. After his telugu venture with Venkatesh, he'll be starting a movie with Vijay as hero in October. Happy that we'll have more musical treat from Yuvan.

vasanth2006
2nd June 2006, 03:07 PM
Today's issue of AV has Selva's interview. After his telugu venture with Venkatesh, he'll be starting a movie with Vijay as hero in October. Happy that we'll have more musical treat from Yuvan.

currently Vijay has different mind set. selva has different mind set.
Vijay always wants to do a masala hero oriented movie. selva always wants to give the class movie with commerical success.

i dont know How much this combo is possible?
already this story happened for S.J.suriya(puli). the samething happened.so i did'nt expect this movie at all.

then When the vallavan audio will release? any idea?

vasanth2006
2nd June 2006, 03:14 PM
yuvan composed one song for Ilaiyaraja's birthday(for radio mirchy)
that song is starting with "kanne kalaimane" music.
(I am not sure about the details because i heard only once from long distance.)

MrJudge
2nd June 2006, 04:08 PM
vasanth2006:

I think Selva & Vishnuvarthan are fans of Vijay. Both of them showed his image couple of times in their movies Pattiyal & PP. So I guess there are possibilites doing movies with him in future.

karthik_sa2
2nd June 2006, 04:56 PM
[tscii:27a645a76b]Musical milestone

Yuvan Shankar Raja scales great heights with his mesmerising background score in `Pudhupettai.' The Bangkok symphony orchestra has been put to exquisite use. Each number spells innovation — the young Raja has tried out a mix of the rap and the rustic. Interestingly, the audiocassette has a title for every song and the music used in the re-recording. `Neruppu Vaayinil,' that Kamal Hassan has rendered reminds you of `Kadhal Kondain' in parts, but the appeal is intact. The violin bit in `Oru Naalil' (Was the song heard in the film?) that has worthy lyric by N. Muthukumar is awesome. Music in `Pudhupettai,' is an enthralling exercise in aural excellence.
COURTESY HINDU NEWSPAPER http://www.hindu.com/fr/2006/06/02/stories/2006060202350300.htm
[/tscii:27a645a76b]

vasanth2006
2nd June 2006, 04:56 PM
vasanth2006:

I think Selva & Vishnuvarthan are fans of Vijay. Both of them showed his image couple of times in their movies Pattiyal & PP. So I guess there are possibilites doing movies with him in future.

If there is compromise between selva and vijay, then there is the possibility of this combo. I mean either selva should accept for hero oriented movie with class (for ex dhalapathy) or vijay should accept pure class movie. I think first one is possible.

If they stand their own way, then this combo will be "kanal neer".

but if this combo (vijay-selva-yuvan) happens, i will be the first happiest person.

there is another 3-5 months. so anything will happen. so let us be patient for result.

karthik_sa2
2nd June 2006, 04:59 PM
yuvan :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

MrJudge
2nd June 2006, 05:05 PM
If they stand their own way, then this combo will be "kanal neer".

but if this combo (vijay-selva-yuvan) happens, i will be the first happiest person.

I think you are right. I am eager to see how Selva handles Venkatesh in his next film and that will give answers for how he accomadates well-known actors in his films.

MrJudge
2nd June 2006, 07:09 PM
[tscii:502c5424c7]It’s official. Selva and Vijay to team up!!!
June 02, 2006

Although the box office reports of the much awaited and much hyped Puduppettai are not very encouraging, its director Selvaraghavan has been creating ripples. Apart from the superb technical credits in Puduppettai, a lot is expected about his forthcoming projects and of course some announcement about his marriage.

Well, folks for all of you who are wondering what are Selva’s next films. The first one would be a Telugu film with Venkatesh and Jyothika in Telugu for which work will start shortly. And then comes the big one. He has planned to launch a film with Ilaya Thalapati Vijay in the lead. This film would start in September and hit the screens by coming Pongal or Tamil New Year. The Vijay film is expected to be a watershed for both as an established hero pairs up with a very talented and introverted director.

As for marriage, he has confirmed that it would definitely be after Vijay film. So, a lot happening for Selva on the professional and personal front.[/tscii:502c5424c7]

MADDY
2nd June 2006, 10:18 PM
vijaykku flop kudukanumnu mudivae pannitara selvaraghavan???? hmmmmmm yaar thalai ezhutha yarala matha mudiyum???

rashid2raj
2nd June 2006, 10:37 PM
vijaykku flop kudukanumnu mudivae pannitara selvaraghavan???? hmmmmmm yaar thalai ezhutha yarala matha mudiyum???

HAHAHA..

MrJudge
3rd June 2006, 11:27 AM

intha maathiri velai-a expert MR thaan :)

MADDY
3rd June 2006, 05:24 PM

and selvaraghavan and his fans are proud to call him the "next maniratnam"........ :lol:

inetk
3rd June 2006, 05:46 PM
100 words on Vallan's music!
http://milliblog.blogspot.com/

MrJudge
3rd June 2006, 10:37 PM

and selvaraghavan and his fans are proud to call him the "next maniratnam"........ :lol:

May be other selva fans/ media called him next mani, definitely I don't agree with that :)

slperson1
5th June 2006, 08:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOi03W4ZuG0&search=Tamil%20Shrek%20Video

vigneshram
6th June 2006, 11:28 AM
My review of PP
http://www.nilacharal.com/enter/review/movie_review_263.asp

vasanth2006
6th June 2006, 05:39 PM
U1's interview

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-articles/movies-02/18-05-06-yuvan.html

rashid2raj
6th June 2006, 06:24 PM
[tscii:ed1b5eaebc]
On going with the trend : “I believe that tunes which are original and which have quality will always remain. They will be timeless.”

then none of his songs are going to be timeless.. :lol: [/tscii:ed1b5eaebc]

MrJudge
7th June 2006, 10:25 AM
Kedi songs are coming out on this Friday, June 9th.

vasanth2006
8th June 2006, 11:34 AM
Thimir also august release. so we can expect the audio end of june or start of july.

then how many songs in kedi? any information?

MrJudge
9th June 2006, 03:55 PM
Thimir is ready
IndiaGlitz [Friday, June 09, 2006]

Following the huge success in Sandai Kozhi, Vishal is awaiting keenly his next Thimir.

While the former helped create an action-hero image for him, the latter is said to establish a place firmly for him among mass film lovers.

Directed by a debutant Tharun Gopi, the movie is produced by Vishal's brother Vikram Krishna.

Reema Sen, who came along with Vishal in Chellame is paired opposite him again, while former footballer I M Vijayan plays a baddie.

Says Vikram Krishna, 'All works have been completed and post production works would commence soon'.

Getting ready for August release is Thimir.

inetk
10th June 2006, 09:53 AM
Kedi. 100 words.
http://milliblog.blogspot.com/

MrJudge
10th June 2006, 04:27 PM
More good news
IndiaGlitz [Saturday, June 10, 2006]

Vishal's Sandai Kozhi completed a successful 175 days in Tamil Nadu. It was not the only good news for the cast and the crew. The Telugu dubbing of the movie titled Pandem Kodi released almost a month ago has also witnessed good opening and a steady collection.

Produced by Vikram Krishna, Sandai Kozhi starred Vishal, Meera Jasmine, Raj Kiran and Lal in the lead roles. Lingusamy wielded the megaphone for the movie while music was by Yuvan Shankar Raja.

Earlier Vishal's Chellame was also dubbed in Telugu and efforts are on to dub his next Thimiru too in Telugu.

aruvi
11th June 2006, 10:10 AM
The success of Sandai Kozhi is largely media made(publicity stunt) and not so much revenue related. The film was just an above average performer.

And the telugu version did not do well. If you check telugu cine websites like telugucinema or idlebrain, they give you an analysis of the trade.

The problem is, tamil industry has a tendency to write false news. An average runner in Telugu will be claimed as a hit by Tamil media.

Regarding the music of Sandai Kozhi, nothing much to speak of...the film was watchable. That's why even average number like Thavani Potta Deepavali became popular. And the other songs did not leave any impact.

Renault
11th June 2006, 12:39 PM
Aruvi,

What's wrong with you.. Thavani Potta.. is it an average number ???

It is perhaps the most listened to song in the past 6 months. If you tune into every tamil satellite channel, you are guaranteed to see this song at least once (in all chanels). That high is this song's probability to be telecasted/liked/listened.

For that matter, Rajini himsef on hearing this song insisted ARR to have Vijay Yesudas sing a song in Shivaji.

That's where our poor supertar Rajini missed thr trick. Rajini could have instead opted for Yuvan's music in Shivaji directly. Yuvan-Vijay Yesudas combi is ricking TFM in recnt times. Ram, Pattiyal, Sandakozhi, Kalvanin Kadhali, Pudupettai.... what more?

sentsbu1
12th June 2006, 07:31 PM
As for as me, Tamil film industry is far far far better than telugu movie...

In telugu if it is a masala movie, the movie is sure to be a hit...

I dont think we need to compare like that...its also how the audience take it...

aruvi
12th June 2006, 09:11 PM
Renault,
I didn't deny the popularity of the number, I just said it was an average number. Otha Roopa song of IR's was a big hit that MADE the film a hit, but most people will agree that it was still an average song. Even the director/producer of the film said that they expected that song to be the least popular. Sandai Kozhi was a watchable film, marketed well by hero's brother. Thavani song was repeatedly used in the promos and marketing. It was the only song in the film that was good. Popularity has a lot to do with marketing these days than quality. That goes for music and movies. Doesn't need to be argued.

Rajni - Yuvan?
Yuvan has a long way to go before reaching his father status, so comparing him with ARR is a hurried judgement. I agree that Yuvan is the most popular in TN at the moment, but his music sells to a certain section of the audience. Whereas, both IR and ARR, were able to penetrate through the age gaps. If not for his international commitments that are growing by the year, ARR can give some very good music. Maybe Rajni wasn't looking for B-grade rip offs of pop songs from the west. His audience is much larger. In any event, ARR is/was a phenomenon in the Indian music industry.

Anyhow, music of Yuvan's is not something I would want to spend much time debating. His father said it right at his concert by Jaya TV. "Popcorn sells more than meals." So that concludes.

Sentsu1,
I feel both industries have strengths and weaknesses. Telugu industry is the biggest domestic film market. Films like Okkadu were not masala and they ran. And there is still a music market in telugu industry. That dried up a lot in the tamil industry in the past few years.

MADDY
12th June 2006, 10:28 PM
Aruvi,That's where our poor supertar Rajini missed thr trick. Rajini could have instead opted for Yuvan's music in Shivaji directly

yaa rite, rajini deserves a flop like pudhupettai, isn't it......YSR mudhala small-hyped moviesla perform panna sollunga, adhukku apparam avarai hyper-hyped movies like shivajikku consider pannalam......

all YSR's hits were not-hyped movies...he is a chicken when it comes to handling hype and pudhupettai proves it.......

rsubras
12th June 2006, 10:51 PM
adada maddy... eppada flop aagum nu paathukittu, oru padam flop aana udane antha padathoda MD mela eri mithikkara Judge oda mentality namakku thevaiya thalaiva?

MrJudge
13th June 2006, 10:48 AM
Maybe Rajni wasn't looking for B-grade rip offs of pop songs from the west.

Well, Rajini had opted for Deva in many occasions. That gives an idea about his choices of music directors :lol: Also his movies themselves are just b-grade stuff, so we don't need to give too much importance to his movies/choices.

MrJudge
13th June 2006, 10:51 AM
Aruvi,That's where our poor supertar Rajini missed thr trick. Rajini could have instead opted for Yuvan's music in Shivaji directly

yaa rite, rajini deserves a flop like pudhupettai, isn't it......YSR mudhala small-hyped moviesla perform panna sollunga, adhukku apparam avarai hyper-hyped movies like shivajikku consider pannalam......

all YSR's hits were not-hyped movies...he is a chicken when it comes to handling hype and pudhupettai proves it.......

MADDY MACHCHAN,

rajini deserves a flop like Baba dude....how can you forget about the atrocious intro song tailored made for rajini .. baba baba cinema cinema :) mudhalla namma thunndu annachchiya small budget films-kku perform panna sollunga, appuram yuvan-ai paththi pesalam :)

aruvi
13th June 2006, 12:15 PM
MrJudge,

Rajni has opted for Deva a number of times. But look at the result that Deva gave for Annamalai, Badsah. I would say Arunachalam was mediocre. Can't recall any other films they worked together. Both Annamalai and Baadshah were huge hits. Even Deva has come out with albums like Aasai. Since Yuvan was once lower than Deva in the scale of the music industry, popularity and quality wise, I guess there is no point in going there. It's a big circle. I must agree that Deva too was/is a B-grade rip off many times, it was just that instead of looking to the west, he chose to rip IR!:-) At that time period, IR was a better source for ripping since audience loved his songs. So he got caught more often at his game.

Coming to Rajni films, unfortunately, his b-grade stuff movies are the talk of the state, whatever their box-office fate. I guess popcorn sells better than meals here too!:-) And regarding choice, hmm...I would say his choice is the most discussed at any time.

MADDY
13th June 2006, 12:16 PM
judge, ARR is a misfit for any small budget movie.......first of all if ARR features in a movie then it automatically becomes a big budget movie......

aruvi
13th June 2006, 12:20 PM
Sounds like I am sticking up for Deva. To be more direct, Deva was a copycat music director. I guess there can only be so much originality in this field. MSV, IR, and ARR are blessed in that sense, since they brought a new sound to their songs.

MADDY
13th June 2006, 12:37 PM
adada maddy... eppada flop aagum nu paathukittu, oru padam flop aana udane antha padathoda MD mela eri mithikkara Judge oda mentality namakku thevaiya thalaiva?

subras, silver spoonoda pirandhu, vazhkayil kashtame parkadha, struggle panna avasiyam illadha oru aala 1000 peru support pannum podhu enna madhiri oru aalu criticise panradhunala onnum aagadhu.......kavala padadhinga.... :D

rashid2raj
13th June 2006, 03:36 PM

MADDY MACHCHAN,

rajini deserves a flop like Baba dude....how can you forget about the atrocious intro song tailored made for rajini .. baba baba cinema cinema :) mudhalla namma thunndu annachchiya small budget films-kku perform panna sollunga, appuram yuvan-ai paththi pesalam :)

Remember Baba did flop due to Rajini's script, and not due to ARR's music.. Copycat Yuvan for Rajini-shankar movie.. ?? Huh, this is ridiculos :lol:

MrJudge
13th June 2006, 04:09 PM
MrJudge,

Rajni has opted for Deva a number of times. But look at the result that Deva gave for Annamalai, Badsah. I would say Arunachalam was mediocre. Can't recall any other films they worked together. Both Annamalai and Baadshah were huge hits. Even Deva has come out with albums like Aasai. Since Yuvan was once lower than Deva in the scale of the music industry, popularity and quality wise, I guess there is no point in going there. It's a big circle. I must agree that Deva too was/is a B-grade rip off many times, it was just that instead of looking to the west, he chose to rip IR!:-) At that time period, IR was a better source for ripping since audience loved his songs. So he got caught more often at his game.

Coming to Rajni films, unfortunately, his b-grade stuff movies are the talk of the state, whatever their box-office fate. I guess popcorn sells better than meals here too!:-) And regarding choice, hmm...I would say his choice is the most discussed at any time.

Exactly my thoughts.

Even if Deva's albums/Rajini's films were huge hits, still they are b-grade stuff. So why worry about him not using Yuvan for such projects was my question. I think Yuvan fits very well for small movies with new directors with new thinkings, not big budgeted movies with soon-to-be-retired directos who guarantee you flops most of the times!

MrJudge
13th June 2006, 04:11 PM
judge, ARR is a misfit for any small budget movie.......first of all if ARR features in a movie then it automatically becomes a big budget movie......

Right now he is misfit for any movies dude...

MrJudge
13th June 2006, 04:15 PM
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, ARR-song in JOK..

enakkenammo nichchayam thunndu thaanu thonuthu. lets wait and see :)

MrJudge
13th June 2006, 04:18 PM
Vishunuvardhan directs Simbu soon, YSR should be doing this movie also.

rashid2raj
13th June 2006, 04:22 PM

Yah, just wait & see.. JOK gonna rock this summer.. !! Even for every ARR album there is a huge expectations and only ARR albums are always gigahyped by media.. don't know why.. No other MD's in tamil cinema are treated as ARR by media.. not even IR!

MrJudge
13th June 2006, 04:36 PM

Yah, just wait & see.. JOK gonna rock this summer.. !! Even for every ARR album there is a huge expectations and only ARR albums are always gigahyped by media.. don't know why.. No other MD's in tamil cinema are treated as ARR by media.. not even IR!

Sure, Even after gigahyped by media his albums/movies bomb at BO for the last 6 years continuously. I think he will give thundus for not only JOK, even sivaji will get thundu.

vasanth2006
13th June 2006, 05:00 PM

Sure, Even after gigahyped by media his albums/movies bomb at BO for the last 6 years continuously. I think he will give thundus for not only JOK, even sivaji will get thundu.

judge, definitely ARR failed to give huge hits in last 6 years (Except new and musical hit of boys). i think ARR fans wont accept this.
IMHO His last mega Hit is alaipayuthe. after that :roll:

but this time he has the huge guns like rajini, shankar, ajith and surya. always rajini songs will definitely hit mind it.(recent exception BABA). so there is chance for come back. ( ilaiyarajavukku oru "kadhalukku mariyathai" illaiya?). Let wait and see.

vasanth2006
13th June 2006, 05:15 PM

What is the relation between film flop and music?
(film is not flop. it is not mega hit. but hit. that is different story.)

is yuvan's music degraded that movie?

yuvan and other technical persons(like arvind krishna) only Major highlights of the movie.

have u read the raving reviews about music in PP?( kumutham, AV , Hindu and web media)

have u seen the last week madhan's thiraiparavai in vijay TV?

really if yuvan's music only degrade that movie, then i will accept ur point. otherwise i wont.

MrJudge
13th June 2006, 05:39 PM
but this time he has the huge guns like rajini, shankar, ajith and surya. always rajini songs will definitely hit mind it.(recent exception BABA). so there is chance for come back. ( ilaiyarajavukku oru "kadhalukku mariyathai" illaiya?). Let wait and see.

Vasanth,

He had huge guns for the last 6 years, still couldn't break the jinx. Be it albums/movies, people will go for the only ones that are enjoyable now. They have so many choices too. Big names certainly will draw the initial crowd but will fade away if the offer is indeed bad. Shankar's last two movies were not upto his prev. performances, he needs badly a hit now. That is the reason he has gone for Rajini. But I think he has run out of his ideas and will come back with same stuff again and again with social themes.

With every md comes out with same sounds, it will be tough to break the jinx. That is my understanding, so I think it is very very hard for him to gain his status back. He is a gone case as far as tfm concerned just like the same thing happened to IR in the mid-90s.

vasanth2006
13th June 2006, 06:02 PM

where u got the information?

always vishnu will bring best out of yuvan.

Hulkster
13th June 2006, 06:05 PM
Guys ARR's boys was what created the english rap trend and totally hip hop orchestration in songs and that album itself was a mega success despite the film flopping...kannathil muthamitaal had a decent run and besides udaya and to a certain extent baba most of ARR albums ran pretty well with boys being the most profitable of them all.

rashid2raj
13th June 2006, 06:09 PM

Then i'm glad, ... Cus Mr.Judge's predictions always shows the opposing.. :lol:

aruvi
13th June 2006, 08:05 PM
Judge,

No one is worried about him not using YSR. My post about the b-grade pop song rip off was to point home the fact that, as said already, no one needs lousy raps like 'b to the a' in another rajni flick:-)

As I said earlier, ARR is caught in trap and it shows in his work. His creativity is best when he does fewer projects. But with international and bollywood projects lined up, his work for Tamil industry falls in quality. He is probably doing Tamil films only to make his presence felt, or for obligations(maniratnam, shankar). In any event, ARR's worst albums usually sell more than some people's big hits:-)

BTW, I came to know that portions of BGM in Puthupettai were lifted. Will try to search and find the source again. Had just skimmed the article, since I was reading the film's review. I wouldn't hold it as a yardstick for YSR's creativity.

And regarding the new, small film directors...considering Pattiyal was the only hit(hyped though) in recent times, I would just like to mention that his new ideas came from some foriegn film:-)

Anyhow, how did YSR's thread become a place for discussing ARR/Rajni/etc:-)

I will stop discussing here for the time being, before RR comes and warns!

Renault
13th June 2006, 08:07 PM
Maddy,

What a poor guy u are, u don't seem to digest Yuvan's success and ARR's failures. He has already given u a consolation with the Vijay Milton directed AZHAGAI IRRUKKAI...

Tae solace in that. Godfather was not upto ARR standard... let's see JEOK.

rashid2raj
13th June 2006, 08:28 PM
As I said earlier, ARR is caught in trap and it shows in his work. His creativity is best when he does fewer projects. But with international and bollywood projects lined up, his work for Tamil industry falls in quality. He is probably doing Tamil films only to make his presence felt, or for obligations(maniratnam, shankar). In any event, ARR's worst albums usually sell more than some people's big hits:-)

Aruvi, i don't know what you are talking about.. In Ah Aah all songs were good & mayilirage was a class song and a HUGE hit.. Godfather songs also class.. Jus wait till movie releases then you'll see..

MADDY
13th June 2006, 08:36 PM
Maddy,

What a poor guy u are, u don't seem to digest Yuvan's success and ARR's failures. He has already given u a consolation with the Vijay Milton directed AZHAGAI IRRUKKAI...

hahaa....how is it renault??? u r very happy when YSR fans jump on every ARR's failure and criticise him to the core but when a ARR fan points out YSR's failure, u r not able to digest it??? see this has been a ruthless forum when it comes to criticising ARR so i dunt see why YSR should be given a "bed of roses" here....

rsubras
13th June 2006, 09:55 PM
maddy,

my point is oru JUDGE-oda stomach burning talks kaga why shud u criticize an upcoming talented youngster like Yuvan.... Even ARR would be happy if YSR bcomes #1

and aruvi is right....... ARR's worst albums sell more than Yuvan's super hit albums... sales vachi mattum solalae...even ARR's worst songs in TFM are better than YSR's hit songs in most of the cases..and that is my humble opinion :)

rashid2raj
13th June 2006, 10:13 PM
...even ARR's worst songs in TFM are better than YSR's hit songs in most of the cases..and that is my humble opinion :)

I like it! :thumbsup:

MrJudge
13th June 2006, 10:36 PM
and aruvi is right....... ARR's worst albums sell more than Yuvan's super hit albums... sales vachi mattum solalae...even ARR's worst songs in TFM are better than YSR's hit songs in most of the cases..and that is my humble opinion :)

ippadi oru illusion veraiya....wake up dude :)

Chelian
14th June 2006, 02:28 PM
rsubras wrote:
...even ARR's worst songs in TFM are better than YSR's hit songs in most of the cases..and that is my humble opinion

Well in that case this is my 'humble opinion' too :
IR's worst songs are miles better in quality and originality than ARR' hits.

sick31
14th June 2006, 02:48 PM
Poor YSR, his poor thread is being hijacked.

And Chelian,

I absolutely adore IR and his work, but saying that even his worst work is better than ARR's hit music is -probably- stretching it a little.

By the way, I'm listening to Kedi now and I really don't see anything redeeming about the album. Is there anything I'm overlooking?

-Vijay

MrJudge
14th June 2006, 03:04 PM

where u got the information?

always vishnu will bring best out of yuvan.

From Simbu's latest interview. It is going to be produced by Saran's gemini productions.

MrJudge
14th June 2006, 03:32 PM
Judge,

No one is worried about him not using YSR. My post about the b-grade pop song rip off was to point home the fact that, as said already, no one needs lousy raps like 'b to the a' in another rajni flick:-)

Actually Renault mentioned that Rajini wanted to have Vijay Jesudas for his Sivaji song after hearing thavani pota song. That song has no rap bits in it. I don't think Yuvan inserts Rap bits in each and every song of his albums. He tries to deliver based on the theme of films. Sandakozhi has no rap bits/remixes. He has done quite a lot of songs without rap bits FYI. So just to put down Yuvan your making that statement is unnecessary.

Rajini flicks themselves are lousy and b, no c-grade stuff. So no need to give too much importance to his movies. Yuvan will get better projects to work with.

I said earlier, ARR is caught in trap and it shows in his work. His creativity is best when he does fewer projects. But with international and bollywood projects lined up, his work for Tamil industry falls in quality. He is probably doing Tamil films only to make his presence felt, or for obligations(maniratnam, shankar). In any event, ARR's worst albums usually sell more than some people's big hits:-)

I think he has lost his ground in bollywood too (only exception RDB), and there are no international projects in hand, he is running back to Tamil now. That is the fact, accept it. Also do you have any statistical data to prove his worst albums sell more?

BTW, I came to know that portions of BGM in Puthupettai were lifted. Will try to search and find the source again. Had just skimmed the article, since I was reading the film's review. I wouldn't hold it as a yardstick for YSR's creativity.

Who cares whether you accept Yuvan's creativity or not. If he does not have creativity, he would not have come this far. At this young age, no body has delivered BGM scores this well (KK, Raam, 7G, PP, Manmathan). He is the numero uno in BGM area right now.

And regarding the new, small film directors...considering Pattiyal was the only hit(hyped though) in recent times, I would just like to mention that his new ideas came from some foriegn film:-)

I can list out the movies he has worked so far from 1997. I can show you the progress he made through small directors. Are you ready?

rajasaranam
14th June 2006, 05:39 PM
Judge,

1997-Aravindhan
1998-Velai
1999-Povellam Kaettupaar, Unakaaga Ellam Unakaaga
2000- ?
2001-Dheena, Manathai Thirudivittai, Nandha, Rishi, Thulluvatho Ilamai
2002- April Mathathil, Bala, junior Senior, Kaathal Samrajyam, Mounam Pesiyathae
2003-Kathal Kondaen, Kurumbu, Popcorn, Puthukottailrunthu Saravanan, Punnagai Povae, Puthiya Geethai, Thennavan, Winner
2004-7GRC, Aethri, Bose, Manmathan, Perazhagan, Ullam
2005-Agaram, Arinthum Ariyamalum, Daas, Kalvanin Kaathali, Kanda Naal Mudhal, Oru Kalloriyin Kathai, Puthupettai , Raam, SandaKozhi
2006-AIBI, Pattiyal, Vallavan, Kedi, Happy[telugu], Raam[telugu]

Is there anymore I've left out :?:

Well the list is not illustrious :cry: for him to be called a phenomenol Composer. But sure he is the current happening MD and a rage among youths 8-)

aruvi,

About ARR's international and national Commitments > Evalo Naalaikku thaan Araicha maavayae Araikka Poreenga :notworthy: If he is such a success as you people claim, in China or in international arena tell me wat are his current or future projects over there :? He is right now active only in Bollywood and that too is being challenged by Himesh I believe. So please cut the crap of 'he is very busy' which is as old as the history of cinema :lol:

MrJudge
14th June 2006, 06:12 PM
Is there anymore I've left out :?:

Well the list is not illustrious :cry: for him to be called a phenomenol Composer. But sure he is the current happening MD and a rage among youths 8-)

RS,

I just skimmed through the list. Ponnu veettukkaran, Seshu (Telugu), Blast (album) are missing.

If you are looking for a phenomenol composer in any language in future, you are going to be disappointed. The technology is there, anyone can try things out with similar sounds. So the probability of seeing someone like IR in the future is almost 0% :(

Reg. International projects-la romba busy statement: He rarely came to his own audio releases. Now he even releases a malayalam album of some other composer will tell you how much freetime he has and how busy he is :)

aruvi
14th June 2006, 08:07 PM
Raja,

We will know when he publicly lets everyone know. As he has repeatedly said, even at the time Bombay Dreams, Vandhe Maatharam were just in their beginning stage, that he doesn't want to commit anything to the press. Afterall, if things don't work out, it will look really bad. I think everyone learned that lesson from IR's symphony issue. I doubt the most popular MD from South Asia is on the look for work:-)

Mr Judge,
I can debate everything, but as I have said already, there is no point to it. I don't want to put my time into hunting up facts, as most people already know. It isn't going to change your stand, nor need it. Someone else can keep this thread busy:-)

Regarding ARR being at (singer/MD)Srinivas's audio release, he did that to respect Srinivas's request. If you want to add to that, last year he was at SPB's home production audio release Mazhai.

rashid2raj
14th June 2006, 09:48 PM
rsubras wrote:
...even ARR's worst songs in TFM are better than YSR's hit songs in most of the cases..and that is my humble opinion

Well in that case this is my 'humble opinion' too :

Well. chelian.. You are no better than Srikanth Deva or Deva.. Your humble opinion is just a ditto copy with some minor changes of the genius thing rsubras wrote.. :lol: :lol: :lol: How pooor...

Renault
14th June 2006, 09:48 PM
Maddy,

hahaa....how is it renault??? u r very happy when YSR fans jump on every ARR's failure and criticise him to the core but when a ARR fan points out YSR's failure, u r not able to digest it??? see this has been a ruthless forum when it comes to criticising ARR so i dunt see why YSR should be given a "bed of roses" here....

Maddy,

ARR has given extremely good songs and I do adore him and he is certainly the best after Ilayaraja's music rule in TFM. but unfortunately his regime has been short-lived and guys like Yuvan and Harris, though are not giving what Rahman gave in his peak, are delivering good stuff.

My point is, Rahman has lost it these days and I would be happy, if he regains that.. it is only good for we music lovers right?

Rahman is not able to give what Harris gives for a Ghajini or a Vettaiyadu or what Yuvan gave for a Arindhum/Sandakozhi/Kalvanin...

Godfather was certainly a let-down considering Rahman's high standards... JEOK seems to be over hyped and Suriya movies have the magic of even ordinary songs picking steam later like in case of Aaru and Maayavi.

Let's see in JEOK.

MrJudge
14th June 2006, 11:05 PM
Mr Judge,
I can debate everything, but as I have said already, there is no point to it. I don't want to put my time into hunting up facts, as most people already know. It isn't going to change your stand, nor need it. Someone else can keep this thread busy:-)

Regarding ARR being at (singer/MD)Srinivas's audio release, he did that to respect Srinivas's request. If you want to add to that, last year he was at SPB's home production audio release Mazhai.

Well, if that is the case then we can leave at it. But if you want to explain your stand, you can give the facts out in the YSR vs HJ ....thread. I am eager to read them :)

He may have attended the shows just to show his respect. When he was at his peak, did not he have people to show his respects? Obviously he had. But he was busy before and not now, that is the difference and my point.

rsubras
14th June 2006, 11:30 PM
>>When he was at his peak, did not he have people to show his respects?

Rahman was there at rediff chat in 1997, easily his peak in TFM (from there on he climbed different peaks)

Rahman was there answering to kids in sutti vikatan in the year 1998, again that was at his peak of career in TFM

Rahman had performed at several Independence day and Republic day functions in Tamilnadu again during his peak days in TFM

Rahman had been at a function to felicitate MSV around late 1990's

Rahman had been to banyan, CRY etc., etc.,

-- well sonna sollikite polaam......(infact enakku ithu kuzhanthai thanama irukku to argue like this) Rahman had been to each and every functions wherever he was invited...fact is now the media gives more coverage to these things

MrJudge
15th June 2006, 12:09 AM
>>When he was at his peak, did not he have people to show his respects?

Rahman was there at rediff chat in 1997, easily his peak in TFM (from there on he climbed different peaks)

Rahman was there answering to kids in sutti vikatan in the year 1998, again that was at his peak of career in TFM

Rahman had performed at several Independence day and Republic day functions in Tamilnadu again during his peak days in TFM

Rahman had been at a function to felicitate MSV around late 1990's

Rahman had been to banyan, CRY etc., etc.,

-- well sonna sollikite polaam......(infact enakku ithu kuzhanthai thanama irukku to argue like this) Rahman had been to each and every functions wherever he was invited...fact is now the media gives more coverage to these things

I was talking about the cassette release functions dude. His albums were even released without his presence many occasions before. Anyway my point is he is not busy nowadays.

Music4Ever
15th June 2006, 12:20 AM
"Rahman is not able to give what Harris gives for a Ghajini or a Vettaiyadu or what Yuvan gave for a Arindhum/Sandakozhi/Kalvanin... "

Seriously, what is there in Sadakozhi or KaLvanin that is not there in other albums leave alone ARR's? If you mean that ARR also should ripoff from old Hindi songs among other things, that is :wink: I agree though that Arindhum, Ghajini, and Vettaiyadu are good.

Yuvan should stop signing movies at the drop of a hat and learn some things from Harris. He is capable of giving good music and he is also relatively cheap which is a great plus. But he is composing for too many movies; the quality is questionable.

sentsbu1
15th June 2006, 01:19 AM
I dont understand why you people is against Yuvan singing

For instance, Yuvan's voice in Pattiyal and AIBI song well suited for the movie and the emotion of the song...

There is nothing to blame on him...

I feel Yuvan is doing his good work in music and singing(where needed)

Scale
15th June 2006, 10:45 AM
[tscii:c0a57ae12d]

Prove it Man Give me a example

>Dign
So IR worst songs have quality? :roll: :lol: Harmonizing "Originality" to showcase an actual WORST song as GOOD is a remarkable talent among IR fans. :thumbsup:

BTW, Whats your rating for a worst song (9.99999/10) which should be the case to match ARR hits?

Could you please list the worst song's of IR so let everybody see how many miles it runs… :lol: Yeah, far far better...............
End Dign<[/tscii:c0a57ae12d]

rashid2raj
15th June 2006, 04:04 PM
Also Yuvan copied ARR's WOHE bgm for Oru Kalloriyn Kadhai..

rashid2raj
15th June 2006, 04:32 PM
Yuvan is doing what his father did in the beginning.. COPYING..

MrJudge
15th June 2006, 11:06 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Events/muthu_wed150606/112916.html

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Events/muthu_wed150606/112917.html

Sanjeevi
16th June 2006, 10:34 AM

Confirmed :lol: brain damaged to you

aruvi
16th June 2006, 11:22 AM
sentsub1

YSR's singing is awful. And if he really wants to indulge in it, he should keep it minimal. He is alright for raps and stuff, but another professional singer would do much better for most of the solo songs. It's not just his voice, he sounds like he is actaully in pain when he tries to sing.

Rashid,
IR copied? IR brought into film music many things, and they were all original. I don't know anything about Hindi music back then, but as far as South music is concerned, IR brought in a new sound. So there is no such thing as copying. From orchestration or singing, everything changed and evolved with IR. It's ridiculous to even put him alongside Yuvan. It is others who copy IR. It's rubbish to put down someone just for the sake of putting up someone else. I think no other MD in India is as gifted musically as IR. There may be many more popular once, but popularity is no benchmark these days for real creativity and genius.

vasanth2006
16th June 2006, 02:25 PM
Yuvan increased his salary from 60 lakhs to 75 lakhs. :D

Source : Thina thanthi

rashid2raj
16th June 2006, 02:31 PM

Confirmed :lol: brain damaged to you

Who is brain damaged, you or me?

Akkarai Seemai is a ditto of 'Kites' by Simon Dupree and the Big Sound.

http://www.itwofs.com/tamil-ir.html number 12..

I think that your brain is damaged if you can't realize this.. :lol: IR was a big copycat..

rashid2raj
16th June 2006, 02:33 PM
Khadal Vanthiruchu from kalyanaraman (1979) also copy of 'Lady in Black' by the rock band Uriah Heep!

http://www.itwofs.com/tamil-ir.html number 11

Chelian
16th June 2006, 03:23 PM
Guys, stop responding to Rashid2Raj. I know for sure he has some mental disorder - probably due to to much trash( copy +inspiration? ) music from his favourite MD -ARR.

rashid2raj
16th June 2006, 03:36 PM
How poor Chelian,.. I don't mind you eigther.. Little Junior hubber.. :lol: Just kidding..

MrJudge
16th June 2006, 04:33 PM
Yuvan increased his salary from 60 lakhs to 75 lakhs. :D

Source : Thina thanthi

If it is indeed true, then this step shows that his albums are doing well at BO :)

selvakumar
16th June 2006, 04:40 PM
How poor Chelian,.. I don't mind you eigther.. Little Junior hubber.. :lol: Just kidding..

appa naanga ellam ungala eppadi paarkurathu :roll: :oops:

rashid2raj
16th June 2006, 07:34 PM

appa naanga ellam ungala eppadi paarkurathu :roll: :oops:

Thambiaa paarungo .. :D

Hulkster
16th June 2006, 07:42 PM
Khadal Vanthiruchu from kalyanaraman (1979) also copy of 'Lady in Black' by the rock band Uriah Heep!

http://www.itwofs.com/tamil-ir.html number 11

the song is not a copy...only the starting humming part...the only song that can be deemed a big copy is akkarai seemaiyilae..first two lines are exactly the same...other than that most will be under inspirations.

Renault
16th June 2006, 10:31 PM
Rashid has been threatening to play spolisport in few threads for quite sometime.

better ignore him hubbers... Some people do not have the ethics to talk about the creations of a genious. If they don't appreciate, at least they can keep quiet.

hariprasadb23
17th June 2006, 04:21 PM
please dont let the clash of "who is big" in this thread

this thread is for u1 new release

kd i dont want to hear after hearing it first time .i think it will be the same after several hearings.ui has disappointed

vallavan also had the initial feeling but after 2 - 3 hearings i liked the songs loose penne and vallava slowly grows on u and podu,hurray,kadhal vandirucchu,bit music are good

MrJudge
17th June 2006, 05:00 PM
[tscii:f7d8b51737]Vishnu turns to romance!
By Moviebuzz | Saturday, 17 June , 2006, 10:33

Ace director Vishnuvardhan, the gangster specialist after the success of Arindhum Ariyamalum and Pattiyal is now turning romantic with his next film.

Vishnu’s new film is a hush-hush project kept under the wraps for the last two months. The young director is avoiding the media and is quietly writing the script of his next film which is almost complete. His producer is director Bala who was very impressed by the story as it has all the essential ingredients and a touch of class to click with today’s audience.

Meanwhile Vishnu is on the search of a hero to be his protagonist. Actually all the top heroes had showed an interest to work with Vishnu after the stupendous success of Pattiyal but the director who is very sharp on casting the right person was avoiding all of them.

But now Vishnu feels that Surya would be the perfect choice as his hero is a little mature and the character has two different shades. This romantic action thriller will be shot in Chennai and Vishnu plans to start shoot by September as he does not want to lose out on monsoon season during October-November as a part of the story is set during rains.

Rain and romance- along with Yuvan’s music! What a perfect combination! The audience can expect a great movie from the talented writer-director.[/tscii:f7d8b51737]

MrJudge
19th June 2006, 10:42 PM
Bharath starer movie on the way to YSR!
-----------------------------

Bharath's new film
IndiaGlitz [Monday, June 19, 2006]

After Pattiyal, Bharath has signed another movie for SG Films owned by 'Punnagai Poo' Geetha.

The famous RJ from Malaysia, who ventured to production with Arindhum Ariyamalum continued her successful run in Kollywood with Pattiyal which featured Bharath and Arya.

The success of Pattiyal has emboldened the producer to sign Bharath for her new venture.

The movie would be directed by Asokan, who wielded the megaphone for Parthiban-Vadivelu starrer Kundaka Mandakka.

The movie has been titled Pandhayam. Search for the rest of the cast is on.

Bharath is currently shooting for Emttan Magan followed by Chennai Kadhal.

Once the shootings are over, he is expected to commence Pandhayam.

Asokan had narrated the story to Bharath and the latter has been highly impressed with the script. He immediately gave a go ahead to commence the project.

Sanjeevi
19th June 2006, 11:43 PM
Ennathu on the way-ah?

Ithuku oru posta :lol:

vasanth2006
23rd June 2006, 11:08 AM
New Film Committed for Yuvan

Film Name : YOGI

Actor : Dhanush

Director : Raju Sundaram (Dance Master)

Music : Yuvan

Producer : KR.