PDA

View Full Version : Vegam - Rajesh Vaidya

inetk
5th September 2007, 07:13 PM
Has anybody heard Vegam's music? Is it available for listening online somewhere? The release pics have been covered in sites like Indiaglitz and Behindwoods and if I'm not mistaken Kamal released the CD. Its the film starring S Ve Sekhar's son Ashwin and is supposedly a freemake of 'Cellular'.

Now why would I be interested in this soundtrack? Only because of the composer - Rajesh Vaidya. I don't recall anything of this composer except for his classical background, his more famous brother (Mohan Vaidya) and his title score for KB's Anni and the way he lifted one of Paul Mauriat's tracks to compose that (http://www.itwofs.com/trivia.html) - but considering the fact that KB chose him (albeit for a tele serial!), I'm curious! Saw the trailer in IndiaGlitz and a couple of songs did sound kinda decent.

karthik_sa2
12th September 2007, 01:18 PM
the song that comes in makkal aranagam visu is also done by rajesh vaidya..pretty good song too...
al;so he did for sahana serial...sahna raagam kaekavae vaendam . obviously the song was good.
even when playing veena he use to do something very innovative always like suddely changing from carnatic to western. i expexct something good from him. lets see...

sureshmehcnit
12th September 2007, 02:53 PM
inetk - I bought the CD for the same reason you mentioned. Rajesh Vaidhya. It shows that not all good musicians can become good composers. The songs are very ordinary though there are some places where it is evident that he has tried to experiment but everything falls flat. There are 2 decent melodies but even those songs sound bad because of Anuradha sekhar's singing (the daughter of S.V.Sekhar). the only interesting track is the Vegam theme but it is composed by Premgi Amaran. It goes through a lot of variations within 2 minutes. Stay away from this soundtrack.

inetk
12th September 2007, 06:09 PM
Thanks Suresh. Saved some of my time :-)

inetk
13th September 2007, 02:55 PM
Though I dont think much of Saraswathy's reviews, this one perhaps says I should give Vegam a listen. Is it available in Bangalore, Suresh?