PDA

View Full Version : Recipes for the hair

icecream95
28th September 2007, 06:24 AM
It is well known that no shampoo is harmless and have atleast some chemical which causes thinning or falling of hair. What are the best grandma's recipes for our hair?

Apart from shikakai, aloe vera, tulasi powder what natural products do you use in washing your hair? Would love to know.

padmanabha
28th September 2007, 06:03 PM
here we all use the leaves of shoe flower plant. freshly plucked leaves are crushed with little water to which semi solid paste of kadalamaavu is mixed.
you need more water to wash.
it really keeps your head cool. 8-)
no dandruff/no hair fall.

Meera-ssg
11th October 2007, 01:53 PM
Gram flour is best
Apart from shikakai u can use

reetha, amla etc too

icecream95
15th October 2007, 04:00 AM
Very nice suggestion padmanabhan. I have been using besan flour and really enjoying the results. thank you :)

Akula
15th November 2007, 06:00 AM
Hi, I think some people use soapnuts too to wash their hair. The scientific name of this nut commonly grown in India is Sapindus Delavayi.

The shell of the nut is soaked in water for sometime. If you keep squishing the shell it will form lather. That lather can be applied to hair for washing.

The shell is also powdered along with dry hibiscus flowers and leaves, dried lemon, gram flour, some tea dust and shikkakai. This mixture is replaced for shampoos. Hope this information is useful to you.

pavalamani pragasam
15th November 2007, 07:25 AM
My sister-in-law used to apply 'vadicha kanji' =broth drained from cooked rice on her hair to rinse it. As a kid I remember applying freshly crushed paste of amla to wash the hair in grandma's house esp. on the morning of Ekadasi after a night of sleepless penance. The hair feels silky soft besides the head being 'cooled'!