PDA

View Full Version : IR New Albums - Old responses (5 Aug 2006)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

balaji
26th August 2005, 08:06 PM
Thanks alias and njv
Bala

alias
26th August 2005, 09:04 PM
Even I had thought that njv, but then I went to buy Boys CD in Raaga and they did not have good combo. So I went to Patel Bro (opp to MG complex) and brought them. Went to this new store (opp to MG Complex) and saw they had excellent combination for Boys and they are really cheap. Original ayganaran cds for 5-8$. I asked them how they sell for that cheap and their answer was they make profit by selling for 5-8$. i Went back to Patel bro to return it but they would not accept it back. Just check once, but they have a majority Hindi CDs. Raaga is very expensive.

njv
27th August 2005, 02:14 AM
Raaga is 12 and up
Movie time is 11 and up
DVD Unlimited is 5-8.

No body accept returns once you open the CD.

balaji
27th August 2005, 03:14 AM
njv

Which complex is DVDunlimited in Oak tree road?

Bala

prabhudas
27th August 2005, 06:48 AM
Another forgotten movie by Prathap his directorial debut, ' Meendum Oru Kaadhal kadhai" nice songs, decent picturisation, and some great BGM

Prabhudas

njv
27th August 2005, 08:25 AM
njv

Which complex is DVDunlimited in Oak tree road?

Bala
apna bazae / hot breads / pnchavatti

MumbaiRamki
28th August 2005, 02:40 AM
Guys
Did u hear the KasturaiMan trailer ...Does it sound like raaja ?

njv
28th August 2005, 06:21 PM
Heard it. Just BGM and no songs. BGM is different. Lets see.

MrJudge
29th August 2005, 11:12 AM
Watched ONOK, another below average stuff from fazil.....But the song katrinil varum geethame starts off so beautifully in the movie. Somebody was criticizing the album (I don't find the album good either except kattrinil), for them my message is "intha padathukku intha paadalgale athikam"

Cinefan
29th August 2005, 11:50 AM
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=13927350

ONOK bombs,Fazil's fourth successive flop(Kannukkul Nilavu,A Malayalam film which launched his son as hero,Vismayathumbathu with Mohal Lal&now ONOK).

Looks like he is also going the BR,Balachander way-a director whose body of work is excellent but is now sadly a shadow of his self.

Shankar
29th August 2005, 12:29 PM
I suspected this...Fazil who always lets his movies talk, did otherwise for this movie on 15'th Aug...He said this would work wonders for srikanth's career, and it would fetch an award for sonia agarwal etc...I was praying my fav dir shouldn't be another Balachander...and looks like he's becoming one.

Cinefan
29th August 2005, 03:34 PM
Shankar,
The point is not just ONOK failing,it's the way it's been scripted.I saw Sun TV's 'Thirai Vimarsanam'on Fri(agree you can't judge a movie after seeing just a few scenes)&was disappointed.Sonia looks older to Srikanth&cannot be called a great actress(wonder why reviewers go ga-ga over her).Srikanth is earnest,nothing more nothing less&dialogues were pedestrian.I get irritated when a hero/heroine mouth dialogues like"Na unna kadhalikka vekkeren","kathal na enna theriyuma" etc etc.It also has a major KM hangover but lacking that sensitivity.At the end of the programme I felt it's a bad film&the reviews in the TOI&IE yesterday only confirmed it.

alwarpet_andavan
29th August 2005, 05:02 PM
Shankar,
I felt it's a bad film&the reviews in the TOI&IE yesterday only confirmed it.
ISSUED IN PUBLIC INTEREST:
--------------------------------------
(As posted in http://www.forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=4258&start=45 thread)
thAzhmayudan oru vEndugoL
Please DO NOT watch oru nAL oru Nightmare......
Ignore this warning at your own risk.
Easily the worst movie in recent times with equally appalling performances from the lead pair.
Asking IR to score music for this film is a serious insult.

njv
29th August 2005, 07:39 PM
Shankar,
I felt it's a bad film&the reviews in the TOI&IE yesterday only confirmed it.
ISSUED IN PUBLIC INTEREST:
--------------------------------------
(As posted in http://www.forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=4258&start=45 thread)
thAzhmayudan oru vEndugoL
Please DO NOT watch oru nAL oru Nightmare......
Ignore this warning at your own risk.
Easily the worst movie in recent times with equally appalling performances from the lead pair.
Asking IR to score music for this film is a serious insult.

Hmm... the reviews I heard and the reviews online had a very good to good verdict. People complained about Srikanth's overacting little bit, but everyone said the movie is a definite watch. If you saw the movie, then I will take your review, but if you go by SIFY review, then I wont, because SIFY will give good review only when you pay them!

app_engine
29th August 2005, 08:15 PM
http://newstodaynet.com/arts/2608fl1.htm

There's an appreciative review...

app_engine
29th August 2005, 08:19 PM
internettil eppadiyellAm `joke' adikkiRarkaL enbatharkku oru u-m:
http://www.newindpress.com/NewsItems.asp?ID=IEE20050826022236&Page=E&Title=Startrek&Topic=0

So, don't take positive or negative reviews on the net seriously...

MrJudge
29th August 2005, 10:20 PM
If you saw the movie, then I will take your review, but if you go by SIFY review, then I wont, because SIFY will give good review only when you pay them!

ONOK is one of the worst ones that came out in recent times. I thought Fazil was still doing good in Malayalam and wondering why the heck he did a direct tamil film. But seems like his last two films failed miserably there too. So no wonder he came to tf straight.

alias
29th August 2005, 10:32 PM
I am really disappointed with ONOK. Fazil has wasted IR. Now just follow those Top 10s. Even if the songs are good they wont make it to Top 10 unless the movie is hit. This is what Sun TV Top 10 is all about.

njv
30th August 2005, 02:17 AM
Here is Suresh's review

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2005/08/oru-naal-oru-kanavu-movie-review.html

Suresh is the best reviewer of movies/music and if he suggest that "dont waste time and money", then I wont

I will watch it thogh for IR songs and the song that we missed in CD. Suresh, do you know hte starting line of the title songs?

Shankar
30th August 2005, 10:34 AM
aa,
have you got your TbI dvd ?

rooky
30th August 2005, 12:01 PM
another one...says it is good

http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/REVIEW/2005/orunaal.asp

which one to take ?

alwarpet_andavan
30th August 2005, 12:56 PM
aa,
have you got your TbI dvd ?
Not yet... got transferred from Bangalore to Chennai recently and haven't updated the mandra thalaivar about this... will get it this week hopefully...
Will let you know shortly where you can get it in Bangalore...

alwarpet_andavan
30th August 2005, 12:58 PM
Rooky,njv and other potential ONOK watchers,
If anyone of you watch the movie and says its good, i'll change my name to Paravai Muniyamma :)

http://soonapaana.blogspot.com/2005/08/oru-nal-oru-nightmare.html

Shankar
30th August 2005, 01:59 PM
aa,
Did you guys finally meet ? How did it go ? Who all attended the meet ? i wud think cinefan, yourself, jaiganes and anyone else ??

alwarpet_andavan
30th August 2005, 02:51 PM
aa,
Did you guys finally meet ? How did it go ? Who all attended the meet ? i wud think cinefan, yourself, jaiganes and anyone else ??
The meet got put off because of poor turnout.... :(
Hopefully, we would have another meeting to watch Thalaivar's "Rama Shyama Bama" in Bangalore...

jaiganes
30th August 2005, 04:33 PM
AA !Is Rama Shyama bhaama released ?
I didn't see any posters.

alwarpet_andavan
30th August 2005, 04:43 PM
AA !Is Rama Shyama bhaama released ?
I didn't see any posters.
Not released yet but i think it will be released next month

ezy0265
30th August 2005, 07:14 PM
[tscii:823bc8bfb9]I think there is a hidden agenda with some clowns making very harsh reviews for ONOK, perhaps in the hope that IR's music and his movies should fail???!!!!

India Glitz
"Expressing his happiness at the good run of his recent release, Oru Naal Oru Kanavu, Srikanth says, 'Fazil has proved his class churning out this romantic entertainer well.Due credit should also be given to Sonia Agarwal."

MusicIndiaOnline's Review starts like this:
"Good time is around. Director Fazil has made it again. ‘Oru Naal Oru Kanavu’ is not just a feel-good love story but also a film with a theme. The film looks realistic and straightforward. It’s good that he tries to divert the attention of the audience from action, thriller movies and films filled with item numbers. His honest display, Ilayaraja’s melodious tunes and great performance from the actors are the plus points of the film"

Son really is there some anti IR goons at work here????

[/tscii:823bc8bfb9]

vijayr
30th August 2005, 07:21 PM
ezy, you sound paranoid. Few bloggers who regularly write reviews have also rated the movie badly. But they have generally written postive things about the music. I said it last week, Fazil has been over the hill for a long time. He joins BR, BM etc. in the list of directors who had their glory days(along with IR) in the 80s. Time to move on. I heard that his recent mallu films didnt do all that well too. I hope IR gets to work with some fresh minds in his future films.

njv
30th August 2005, 09:50 PM
Rooky,njv and other potential ONOK watchers,
If anyone of you watch the movie and says its good, i'll change my name to Paravai Muniyamma :)

http://soonapaana.blogspot.com/2005/08/oru-nal-oru-nightmare.html

Saw the movie finally. Excellent movie. Now what AA....

Hey dont change your name, I am only kidding. I saw the review from Suresh and now I have no second opinion about this movie. Alteast the review says its the best "comedy" tehy ahve seen in recent days, so I wil watch it anyway.

BTW last week I watch Annai Oor Aalayam and something interesting happened. I asked my wife (non-IR fan!) to close her eyes and just listen to the BGM. Suddenly I asked her, what might be happening and she said, some one is trying to catch something, yes, indeed they were trying to catch cheetah.

I told her its time for her to be IR fan and she said, she dont listen to BGM while driving! True! Nevertheless, I started watching all old junk movies to see if IR has done something wonderful. Life goes on...

vem
30th August 2005, 10:26 PM
njv
Chasing a cheetah is not a good instance to show IR's creativity in BGMs.....

After all, u will keep hearing the roar of cheetah.

IR's speaciality is bringing life to emotional scenes - before u realise, u will have tears and joy due to IR's incredible music.....

prabhudas
31st August 2005, 06:11 AM
IR's interview in "sandhippoma" program by Sahul Hameed was telecast in SUN TV this evening between 6.12 to to 6.40 pm, as usual the Sun TV sodappified the time slot and there was no indication of whatsoever about it, I managed to record but for 1 minute in between the program.
It was exclusively more on "TIO" the concept, original thoughts etc.
It was not a "nerukku Ner" interview by Sahul Hameed who usually does a great job, it was more of questions by SH and answers by IR ( from his house) with some details with clippings of Budapest recording. It was good in total.
His last question was about IR's opinion about his fans, well I will try to extract the audio and post it in few days
Prabhudas

Njv,
BTW I have the BGM clips of AOA, super stuff, especially title music, I can share if u need

njv
31st August 2005, 07:58 AM
prabhudas

you are my god now. please let me know how I can download the BGM.

Luv u man!

Cinefan
31st August 2005, 10:47 AM
Shankar,
The meet didn't happen not just becos of poor turn out but also because of lack of access to the hub.I for one coulnd't get thro' till Friday(25th)&according to RR,a lot of hubbers from India faced this problem.

next time around hopefully,a lot more will turn up.

IllenNa,only I&AA will meet up for Rama,Shama.......... :)

12bums
31st August 2005, 11:09 AM
Guys, did anyone see the AOK trailer. It looks very promising and even the trailer music is awesome!

Shankar
31st August 2005, 01:49 PM
cinefan,
keep me posted...I will try to meet you guys...Will possibly get madhan as well.

Cinefan
31st August 2005, 05:00 PM
Sure Shankar.

thumburu
31st August 2005, 07:15 PM
Watched Vaali felicitation function aired by Raj TV on Sunday Aug 28th. Iam just sharing with you the IR relevant part alone. RajTV gave a good 3.5 hours coverage . It was a well attended function , stalwarts like IR. Manorama , MSV, Parthiban, BM,BR, AVM Saravanan, Nagesh, Kamal , Shankar, SJSurya making it.
When IR arrived, I guess that was a little late, there sure was a big
commotion with many front row dignitaries like MSV, Parthiban, BM,BR, AVM Saravanan, Nagesh, Kamal,Vaali all of them standing
from their seats to greet him. IR was accorded a seat right next to the vizha nayagar Vaali. IR embraced Vaali nd sat next to him. Next to IR was Kamal.
The camera often lingered on vAALI, IR nd Kamal during most
part of the programme. IR was all ears and he seemed to listen to what others told about Vaali with keen intent.
Kamal nd IR seemed to share a lot as they were seated next to each other. Nagesh, BR, IR, Kamal nd Vaali's talks were the highlight and deservedly they got a big applause.
BR spoke straight from his heart. He has worked with Vaali for ONLY ONE SONG "Ninaivo oru paravai" from SRojakkal!!!
BR told he was surprised to see so many faces like "kizhavan"(He jovially took a dig at IR) IR, Kamal, Parthiban, PrakashRaj for Vaali's
felicitation and that was proof for the friends Vaali had in the tinsel town. He lamented why there were no actresses , but consoled himself saying Manorama was enough as the actresses could not comprehend Vaali anyways. :lol:
BR recalled one afternoon,when he was an aspiring director and worked as Assistant Director to somebody, (I don't remember rt now) when IR was doing recording for Vaali's "Kannan oru kai kuzhandhai" song from Bhadrakali, he intercepted Vaali who came out from the recording theatre and asked him with trepidation " namma ooru paiyyan......" with a shy drawl
and continued "yeppidi ? theruvaana?" . to which Vaali replied " oru yaanai pinnaadi varudhu" and his words turned prophetic.
BR mentioned how Vaali wrote the "raaja kaiya vachha" line keeping IR in mind and "perisu sirusu sogusu" line keeping Kamal in mind much to the amusement of the crowd (I found this crass :( )
Well, I will continue what IR and Kamal had to say tomorrow.

njv
31st August 2005, 07:33 PM
Thumburu, umakku romba kurumbu. Who wanted to know what BR said. We are dying for IR and KH talks only. Please dont make me wait.

alwarpet_andavan
31st August 2005, 07:45 PM
BR mentioned how Vaali wrote the "raaja kaiya vachha" line keeping IR in mind and "perisu sirusu sogusu" line keeping Kamal in mind much to the amusement of the crowd (I found this crass :( )
Actually it was Dr. Kamal Haasan who mentioned the "Raaja kayya vecha" song. KH said that vaali was talking about himself and IR in this song....

<Digression>
Even as Kamal was speaking in the function in Raj TV, KTV was showing mahAnadhi ("Sriranga.." song). Life's choices are difficult :(
</Digression>

prabhudas
1st September 2005, 04:32 PM
Yes I saw "AOK" trailer , looked good with some usual visual treat by Balu and good BGM.
Njv, check ur PM

Prabhudas

thumburu
1st September 2005, 06:34 PM
AAndavan , u are hitting the fast forward :)
Raja spoke brief.
He took "sundari kannaal" song from Thalapathi as an example. If one just goes by the lyrics "sundari kannaal oru seidhi
solladi innaaL nalla thedhi", it might look weird and meaningless. But with the tune, it sounds just apt. He then sang the lines
"naan unnai neenga maatten
neenginaal thoongamaatten" .
After this , he recited the same 2 lines and told, there is nothing poetic in these 2 lines. But Vaali knew that these lines would fit the high "staayi" to the Tee. IR added , "Ingu uLLavargaL sonnadhu pol Vaali amma meedhu pala paadalgaL yezhudhi uLLar." He then turned to Kamal and told,
"yen? Kamalukku kooda "naanaaga naan illai thaaye", "ammavum neeye" ponra paadalgalai yezhudhi uLLaar". For some strange reason, he left out the obvious "amma yendrazhaikkaadha" song. IR then started rattling some high funda spiritual philosophy
( yen kuruvi mooLaikku onnum ettalai )
But the crowd seemed to be spell bound. The camera fcussed on Kamal , who had an indulgent smile, listening with rapt attention as if his child were enacting some play on the stage.
Finally IR rounded up with an equation "vaaliyai potruvadhu = kannadasanai potruvadhu = Thamizhai potruvadhu"

Then it was Kamal's turn. Kamal started like this
"naanum ilayarajavum medaiyil surukkamaaga thaan pesuvom annal sila samayangaLil "suruk" enrum pesi viduvom. Yen endraal
engaL manadhil pattadhai veLippadaiyaaga sollividuvom" - I don't
know what made Kamal say like this, even IR was visibly taken aback. Kamal clarified what BR had earlier told about the "raja kaiya vacha" song that the starting line WAS definitely for IR , but the "sirisu perusu sogusu" line was apt for Vaali as he could only
adapt himself for all types of producers big or small in an easy ("sogusu") manner. Then , "naan Raajavai 76 mudhal ariven aanaal Vaali annanai siru piLLaiyai irukkumbodhe ariven. Avar Thaadiyil thongi irukkiren" . Tom0rrow will be Vaali's instalment :)

alwarpet_andavan
1st September 2005, 06:43 PM
AAndavan , u are hitting the fast forward :)
:D
Mannikkavum, small technical defect.... :)

Sanjeevi
1st September 2005, 07:52 PM
Read this week Kungumam.

It is really nice to see IR Q & A section (Question from magazine readers).

app_engine
2nd September 2005, 12:29 AM
"'Oru Naal' may not have reached the standard of Fazil's earlier films like 'Poove Poochoodava', 'Poovizhivasaliley' or 'Kadhalukku Mariyathai'. The twists and surprises are milder here, and the narration a bit slow paced. But it's a film the family wouldn't mind watching together without any sense of embarrassment."

http://www.chennaionline.com/film/Moviereviews/2005/08onok.asp

MrJudge
2nd September 2005, 10:17 AM
"'Oru Naal' may not have reached the standard of Fazil's earlier films like 'Poove Poochoodava', 'Poovizhivasaliley' or 'Kadhalukku Mariyathai'. The twists and surprises are milder here, and the narration a bit slow paced. But it's a film the family wouldn't mind watching together without any sense of embarrassment."

http://www.chennaionline.com/film/Moviereviews/2005/08onok.asp

I had this thought after watched the movie. The movie will appeal better to women audience, and they won't mind to see it atleast once. This review confirms it.

AV has given 30 points to it and criticized everything about it. I think it is an appropriate review.

thumburu
2nd September 2005, 02:41 PM
Vaali very generously bestowed accolades upon IR , KAMAL.
Vaali didn't initially think high of the lean, dark,
simpleton from the remote village. To him, IR was yet another
"aarva kolaaru" case who wanted to try his luck, make a quick buck
and disappear into oblivion after a few films. To test his classical
music depth, itseems Vaali used to interrogate IR on various aspects of carnatic music, thyagaraja krithis etc [Vaali, who hails
from Srirangam is well versed wth carnatic music know-how]. IR always amazed him with his profound knowledge on Carnatic music.
- shubam -

vik_great
2nd September 2005, 04:13 PM
hey frnds,
what abt the revival of marudhanayakam?I'am seeing many news items reg that recently.can anyone throw light on this?

rooky
2nd September 2005, 04:59 PM
Says movie got best of the openings.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/16567.html

Todays' india times also said movie is doing well in BO

njv
2nd September 2005, 05:27 PM
hey frnds,
what abt the revival of marudhanayakam?I'am seeing many news items reg that recently.can anyone throw light on this?
If you are talking about the Kungumam cover page, its BS. They are throwing up an idea that Kamal talked about 6 months back. If the ide a is really getting its shape, then there is a possiblity that MN will come in next few years.

Shankar
2nd September 2005, 05:33 PM
what idea is that ?

Cinefan
2nd September 2005, 06:01 PM
Shankar,
Check out AA's thread 'Dr.Kamal Hasan's Maruthnayakam'in the 'Tamil films'section.The gist of 'Kumkumam's'report is posted on the last page of that thread.

MrJudge
2nd September 2005, 06:19 PM

Sify says the opposite, which one to believe?

God, please help us from this torture... I want Fazil to stay out of Srikanth atleast.. I couldn't stand this guy!

njv
2nd September 2005, 10:46 PM

Sify says the opposite, which one to believe?

God, please help us from this torture... I want Fazil to stay out of Srikanth atleast.. I couldn't stand this guy!

In terms of collection, it is a BO hit. Since it is a movie that a whole fakily can seem, everyone is going, specially after listeing to the songs in SunTV.

Teh movie on the other hand is BS.

BO for BS.

app_engine
3rd September 2005, 01:54 AM
http://www.hindu.com/fr/2005/09/02/stories/2005090200160200.htm

neutral review...

vijayr
3rd September 2005, 11:37 PM
Coming from a lenient reviewer like Malathi thats a clear thumbs down review. I saw a few scenes in Thiraivaanam and it was totally unimpressive. Kaatril varum geethame must be the lone saving grace.

Sanjeevi
4th September 2005, 12:23 PM
This is dedicated to IR fans. Visit and read.

Ilaiyaraja on Media: http://isairaja.blogspot.com/

krish244
4th September 2005, 01:52 PM
Gosh, its a misery not to be able to access TFMPage (main page was accessible...but not forums) for a while..something like not getting a single mail in the whole day :). Yes, I (am from Banglaore) was not able to access tfmpage for the past 10-15 days (neither from office, home or cybercafe). Is it only me?? Today morning I had sent a mail to tfmpage admins. Now I am able to access this site through www.misterprivacy.com website. Dont know whats the problem with forumhum.mayyam.com website.

TFM Admins, thanks very much for the help. Now I need to catch up on what I missed.

thanks

Krishnan

Shankar
4th September 2005, 11:59 PM
I too had problems accessing the forum...Madhan too complained about it y'day...We too,are from B'lore, btw.

vijayr
5th September 2005, 07:08 AM
Sanjeevi, thanks. what about the first part?

Cinefan
5th September 2005, 11:07 AM
krish&Shankar,
Same problem here.It started a couple of weeks back,me too interacted with RR& currently browsing thro 'mister privacy'.Lots of Indian based hubbers have faced/facing this problem.

thumburu
5th September 2005, 04:50 PM
I too face the same problem for the past 3 weeks :(( while Dhool.com is perfect and Iam from Bangalore.

thumburu
5th September 2005, 05:47 PM
If you watch the picturization of "enna paattu venum unakku", it looks very jaded like an 80's movie and Fazil is hopelessly out of touch with the current trend.The less said about the 2nd interlude picturization of "kajraho" song, the better

Sanjeevi
5th September 2005, 09:04 PM
Sanjeevi, thanks. what about the first part?

If you want, I will try to post. But I have planned to post current news.

app_engine
6th September 2005, 09:56 PM
http://216.65.197.170/kumudam/070905/pg7.php

ONOK review...(`idai vELai varai medhuvAgappOgum padam, idai vELaikku appuRam innum kooda medhuvAgappOgiRadhu':-)) It praises Raja's work, though...

Sanjeevi
6th September 2005, 10:55 PM
http://isairaja.blogspot.com/

updated :D

MumbaiRamki
6th September 2005, 11:47 PM
Saw OnOK ...God story ,but very poor visuals ,dialogues !!!Raaja ,the only saving grace !

teja
7th September 2005, 11:31 AM
http://www.raaja.com/film_projects.html
This page mentions that songs of the following films have been recorded already.
Does anyone know more details?

- Not Titled Yet Tamil/Telugu
- Not Titled Yet Tamil/Telugu
- "Ninna Ivvela Repu" Telugu

app_engine
9th September 2005, 08:51 PM
http://www.dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=208766&disdate=9/9/2005

Exclusive for Bhava's marriage...

MrJudge
9th September 2005, 11:23 PM
Kasthuriman - surprised to see IR's name in the preview. The music sounds more like a KR attempt than IR's.

thumburu
10th September 2005, 01:42 PM
true, MR.Judge. The trailer music that is shown on the TVs is anything but IRish

MrJudge
11th September 2005, 08:38 AM
true, MR.Judge. The trailer music that is shown on the TVs is anything but IRish

thumburu, yes. The preview looks promising though.

Shankar
12th September 2005, 03:21 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/16736.html

Is this true ? Can someone confirm ?

MrJudge
12th September 2005, 05:21 PM
It is a great news. I think IR should turn his attention to tamil stage musicals. Who is this Manohar?

Shankar
12th September 2005, 05:34 PM
R S Manohar is a villain actor of yesteryears. Played the typical villain in many of the MGR movies. But his real strength was in theater. He was a brilliant stage actor/director...Was a pioneer in special effects on stage.

Sanjeevi
12th September 2005, 08:38 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/16736.html

Is this true ? Can someone confirm ?

Great news for us. Seikiram arambinga thalaiva.

I think no one can match IR to remember our culture to us.

rajdes
13th September 2005, 11:13 AM
"Great news for us. Seikiram arambinga thalaiva. "
I beg to disagree. I think IR should create one album displaying his full prowess at WCM and his musical ideas.(Adhaan, oorugai appalam illaama full meals:-)
TiS, howsoever uplifting, is, as he himself said, not a full-fledged musical from him in the sense that it is quite simple in its approach and output. (It is , per me, just oorugai, appalam plus vadai and payasam)
I personally look forward to a full-fledged symphony from him without any chorus, voice or lyrics :-).

I really wish he drops this Divya Prabhandam, Devaaram, Thembaavani business and gets down to a serious try to release his own symphony.

Dont get me wrong, ippo Devaaram Ketkanumna Symphony-la dhaan ketkanuma? Ada, indha level illattalum, edho oru levelukku devaaram-ai devotional album-aa paani thara MD's indiala illaiya?

Aanaal, Symohony by an Indian ketkanumna, vera yaar kitta poradhaam? Sivaji thevar magan-la sollara maadhiri, "ungalai(IR) thaane nambanum". Appadi irkkarache, adhellaam vuttuttu, ippadi bhakti ilakkiyathulka irangittarenu dhaan varuthama irukku.
(FYI, I am a theist, a Vaishnavite and have all the more reason to be happy if IR takes up Divya Prabahndham but I feel what I am missing is his symphony and getting a symphony from him is a greater cause for the sake of music - so no hate mails on my communism, atheism etc please)

thumburu
13th September 2005, 12:15 PM
rajdes, I concur with you cent percent as symphony would be musically challenging and richer than an oratorio. But what about economics? Probably IR might just do with his local kodambakkam band for this venture or at the most use Bollywood band. Can it be the case with symphony?

Kupps
13th September 2005, 06:44 PM
rajdes,

vaasthavamaana, nyaayamaana viruppam.

the exposure that people got on IR and the new experience that IR got (in terms of production) should make him to go for a full fledged symphony.

aana poonaikku yaar maNi katturadhu, sollunga? :(

vijayr
13th September 2005, 07:31 PM
Divya prabandham by IR is OK with me as long as he chooses a completely different format to present it as compared to TIS. Using the same oratorio format would be nothing new and it wont be commercially all that viable too. TIS sold mainly because of the curiosity factor, enthusiasm of everyone involved as this was a maiden attempt and so on. Next time around I dont expect this to sell as much if its presented in the same oratorio format and especially if IR choses to sing everything himself.

But before all this,IR should consider releasing his symphony#1 before he considers doing any further works including symphonies. Right now is the best time to do something about this.

rajdes
13th September 2005, 07:42 PM
vijay, absolutely. But, any attempt to introduce lyrics is bound to restrict the work. As Srikanth D observed once, pre-set words dont fall easily into tunes and sometimes need improvisation - that may take the output away from classical form, isnt it? That is why I wish he gives us atleast one complete orchestral work .
Symphony #1 might be a good start.

alwarpet_andavan
13th September 2005, 07:48 PM
Any light on why Symphony #1 was not released? I know there was this link which has John Scott's answer (w.r.t criticism and all) but does anyone here have info more about that?

vijayr
13th September 2005, 10:09 PM
rajdes, pure orchestral work is definitely welcome. But one more presentation of a religious or other noteworthy ancient literature in a different format with good tunes/singers/orchestration is also certainly welcome, atleast by me. My hope is that the constraints that the pre-written text poses would be treated as a challenge by IR to come up with something creative. The only problem is as with TIS, divya prabandham would be restricted more by the fact that its religious material and would not lend itself to too much experimentation. In TFM or in the film world in general, if something succeeds there is immediately an attempt to churn out more using the same success formula. I hope IR doesnt get into a fixed more here too like how he has been constrained in TFM. Thats my only point of skepticism. Divya Prabandham I believe, was one of Sujatha's suggestions. It could well be a rumour, lets see.

alwarpet, couple of reasons that have been floating around includes IR being upset about some criticisms(IMO this is just absurd and difficult for me to digest), copyright issues with the recording company(Sony?) which seems to be more believable. Everytime he has been asked about it he has brushed it off and the last time someone asked him about it his reply was "naan adhai paNNI irukkave koodadhu" and assuring that TIS would be definitely released. Someone like GA or MSV or KR can be asked about this as they have heard it and probably know the truth better. Any effort to release this would be worth supporting.

Sanjeevi
13th September 2005, 10:38 PM
One person like one and another one person don't like that.
I like very much IR's music as well as Tamil. Therefore, whevnever IR will come with a Taml literature, I will be a very happy man. But by this way, big commercial success i.e reaching public will be more complicated one. In the same time, media will support a lot.

I also think about people other than tamilian who are loving IR's music. Thus, I also want a symphony / album based on general topic. In such case the reach will be a big circle.

app_engine
13th September 2005, 10:46 PM
Doing more albums on ancient Thamizh literature is definitely a positive development (whether by IR or anyone else)...However, a big budget with a lot of talent abroad may be needed only for a 100% insrumental work (whether symphony or fusion / crossover etc) and probably not for literary ventures...inexpensive formats may be sufficient...

While Raja may not be happy about this, why not rewrite the HTNI with a lot more orchestration (and probably a long extended version with multiple movements) and get it played by a world class orchestra? Is such a thing not so common among musicians abroad?

sureshmehcnit
14th September 2005, 10:05 AM
"Kastrui Maan" is releasing today

thumburu
14th September 2005, 02:03 PM
This "Dhivyaprabhandham" news has only marginally increased my enthusiam when compared to any new film announcement of Raja.
Unfortunately Raja is not a Rehman to try out new ideas. If at all it becomes a reality, I foresee only a watered down TIO sequel by another name.
Will anybody here attend his arumai magaL's wedding?
I wish somebody thrusts into IR's hands the print out of the recent thread where we fans have discussed about what should be IR's next chart after the Big TIO. Atleast he should know what his fans , albeit a minority, feel rather than being complacent with the ever hovering sychophants . Sorry for the pessimistic post. Can't help it.

vijayr
14th September 2005, 07:58 PM
Thumburu, I think the problem is finding sponsors, recording companies etc. the next time around and what they want. They might prefer a sequel to TIS as you say, which is sad. This is the eternal art vs business conflict in which the listener ends up being the loser. Even if IR were to do a pure orchestral work there should be takers. In certain ways, we are lucky that TIS even happened.We might never see a collective effort like that again.

app_engine
14th September 2005, 08:03 PM
http://www.dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=209795&disdate=9/14/2005

...kalyANa kAlam

teja
14th September 2005, 09:13 PM
[tscii:095101bdf4]Ilayaraja sings for daughter’s wedding

http://www.telugucinema.com/c/movies/ilayaraja_sep1405.php

[/tscii:095101bdf4]

Saagar
15th September 2005, 12:15 AM
IR Fans !! - Try & Listen to "Hey COme On " from "twinkle Twinkle little Star" ( Mal) - ( also available on raaga.com) .

People have mentioned here about "Kasturiman" ad track sounding different normal IR - Well this song from TTLS is even more surprising & makes you feel so even more - He has made a totally different number -- perhaps his most " different " one in recent times - it's not in any particular format - I've liked it all the more after a couple of hearings.

(TTLS as an album is basically with lots of children chorus, like Anjali was)

There is one more song - Manathe thamara - in TTLS lso a peppy number, but I felt it takes off from where "Aasaye kaathula thoodu vittu" left.

Interestingly TTLS is produced by Dubai based Welgate films & Music who have released the TIS Audio.

cry_sandiego
15th September 2005, 04:51 AM
Guys,

Digression ..

can anyone have a list of Ramarajan movies with the years..I am interested in some late 80's/early 90's of his..ofcourse the ones with IR music in particular.

I got a chance to listen to " Villupaatukaran " - and got pretty impressed with some of the numbers. Especially Ponnil Vaanam by SJ.

thanks
MSK

njv
15th September 2005, 08:15 AM
Guys,

Digression ..

can anyone have a list of Ramarajan movies with the years..I am interested in some late 80's/early 90's of his..ofcourse the ones with IR music in particular.

I got a chance to listen to " Villupaatukaran " - and got pretty impressed with some of the numbers. Especially Ponnil Vaanam by SJ.

thanks
MSK
http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/actors/Ramarajan.html

rajasaranam
15th September 2005, 08:50 AM
cry_sandiego,

Here is the list you asked for,
though i dont have an idea about the release years.
1.Ponnanna neram
2.Seeri varum kaalai
3.Gopura deepam
4.Amman kovil vasalilaey
5.Poo Manamae vaa
6.Ooru vittu ooru vanthu
7.Enga ooru Kaavakkaran
8.Enga ooru Paatukkaran
9.Paatukku naan adimai
10.Karagattakkaran
11.Oorellam un paatu
12.Anbu Kattlai
13.Pongi varum kaveri
14.Puthu paatu
15.Raasavae unai nambi
16.Senbagamae senbagamae
17.Thangamaana Raasa
18.Kaavalan
19.Thaedi vantha Raasa
20.Villupaatukkaran
21.Ennai petha Raasa
22.Rayilukku neramachu
23.Manasuketha magaraasa
24.Ennai vittu pogathae
25.Thenmaangu paatukkaran
26.Vivasayi magan
27.Ponnukaetha Purushan
28.Gramathu minnal
29.Namma ooru Raasa
30.Annan
Almost all the movies had IR as MD and were super duper hits in B and C centres :)

app_engine
15th September 2005, 07:46 PM
http://www.dhool.com/sotd2/685.html

Enjoy!

njv
15th September 2005, 07:50 PM
http://www.dhool.com/sotd2/685.html

Enjoy!

app_engine,

thanks a ton. Its really a good song. Lyrics are pretty good. Thanks AGAIN. What happened to Kasturimaan.

app_engine
16th September 2005, 12:16 AM
http://newstodaynet.com/12sep/ss2.htm

I was wondering whether RS Manohar is still active in theatre as he must be really very old...looks like `kAdaka muthraiyan', originally a RSM drama, is being licensed to YGM's group...(Manohar dramas used to be highlights of `porutkAtchi' in southern TN towns like Virudhunagar etc... He looked old even back then, when we used to relish them in the late 70's)

njv
20th September 2005, 12:42 AM
sorry for the digression

i was watching the bharadwaj musical night yesterday. Unlike other MDs, who usually perform their own music, Bharadwaj did 20 of his songs and 15 from other MDs (surprisingly no ARR songs, dont know why).

Couple of songs are from MSV, which are classic ones - like Engayum Eppothum Sangeetham

The crowd was usually quite and when the song ends they showed little courtesy and clapped.

SPB started singing one alaapanai... the crowd as usual was quite. I had no clue what song its going to be. When he finished aalapanai and started singing "tham thamtha namtha namtham thamthanamtham"... crowed started clapping heavily unil he started singing first few lines. The song was "Sangeetha jaathimullai kaanavillai" - yes truly I was missing the sangeetha jaathimullai

When the clap ended, for a change,there was a standing ovation.

vem
20th September 2005, 07:29 AM
njv
first of all Bharadwaj doesnt have 20 hits.

Even if he has, they would have been copied from Spanish albums (such as Vasooool Raja).

He is good only for doing music for Cho dramas.

raja_fan
20th September 2005, 04:38 PM
Shankar and Rajni attend all IR's family functions.
Does it hint at anything ?? !!

http://www.hindu.com/2005/09/20/stories/2005092015940400.htm

thumburu
20th September 2005, 05:09 PM
It just shows friendship is different and "moolah" is different. podhuma?

raja_fan
20th September 2005, 06:07 PM
I think Shankar enjoys a good friendship with ARR and Haris :)

vijayr
20th September 2005, 07:26 PM
IR&KB
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Events/bhava_wedrec200905/59268.html

emjay
20th September 2005, 08:23 PM
Sorry for the digression.

I saw that people have reacted sharply towards IR's dhoti shop thread and promptly it has been locked.

Well, frankly speaking I just felt it was in lighter vein and it brought to the light several facts.. didn't find anything bad about it to be locked and if the moderators have felt the need to be locked, how in the world threads & posts where IR is called as arrogant etc. are spared!!

Different yardsticks? Huh.

Sanjeevi
20th September 2005, 08:46 PM
Sorry for the digression.

I saw that people have reacted sharply towards IR's dhoti shop thread and promptly it has been locked.

Well, frankly speaking I just felt it was in lighter vein and it brought to the light several facts.. didn't find anything bad about it to be locked and if the moderators have felt the need to be locked, how in the world threads & posts where IR is called as arrogant etc. are spared!!

Different yardsticks? Huh.

I agree. Admin, Why did you lock? :?

crvenky
20th September 2005, 11:38 PM
Is the movie Sivaji gone to ARR? When I see Shankar, Rajini and AVM Saravanan here, I have some thoughts.

njv
21st September 2005, 04:10 AM
Is the movie Sivaji gone to ARR? When I see Shankar, Rajini and AVM Saravanan here, I have some thoughts.
My source from a month have same the same "thought" and still have the same "thought". Nothing is clear now.

vijayr
21st September 2005, 05:02 AM
sureshmechnit had mentioned about Kasthirumaan release several days back. Any news on it? So far it looks like some rumour

vijayr
21st September 2005, 05:05 AM
I thought the official announcement with Rahman as MD for Sivaji has already been made?

Shankar
21st September 2005, 10:00 AM
>>>>>>>
I agree. Admin, Why did you lock? Confused
<<<<<<<

Bcos if they had allowed it, that guy wud've started another thread on MSV-TKR's provisions store...and many more wud've ROTFL'ed.

Sanjeevi
21st September 2005, 11:09 AM
>>>>>>>
I agree. Admin, Why did you lock? Confused
<<<<<<<

Bcos if they had allowed it, that guy wud've started another thread on MSV-TKR's provisions store...and many more wud've ROTFL'ed.

:rotfl:

raja_fan
21st September 2005, 12:28 PM
I see in the album that IR and Shankar are exchanging some words..what it could be ???!!!

krihoo
21st September 2005, 12:52 PM
Guys ,

Only IR can give customized music.......
AR just is hit song generator...

Yesterday i bought one VCD of ilayaraja hits....
In that there is a song where NEPOLEAN sings for his sister GEETHA who will be getting married to NAAZAR.....

hats off to IR ...he is genius....the tune suits nepolean so much ....as if its only for him.....
(By the way anybody can tell me which movie is that ?)

crvenky
21st September 2005, 01:07 PM
krihoo, its from Kizhakkum Merkum (Dir. Mu Kalanjiyam)

krihoo
22nd September 2005, 07:14 AM
wow u know everything...thanks venky ..

by the way someone accused IR of copying ARs tune for YELE song of MX...

do u have that tune...i cudnt download since it expired

crvenky
22nd September 2005, 10:43 AM
krihoo, I have not heard about that copy issue.

krihoo
22nd September 2005, 10:59 AM
oh that one u can see in the list of AR threads that IR copied ARs thiruda thiruda song bit (JOOR LAGAA song in hindi CHOR CHOR) for yele ni uethippo of MX ...

first i was worried until i heard the song....

when i heard , i felt these are all fools who are imagining things...
the TYPE of composition is same category...that is funny song ....but 100% its not taken as inspiration.....All those doubts by them are just stupid things to be ignored

raja_fan
22nd September 2005, 11:33 AM
When are they going to anounce the names of technicians for Rajni's Sivaji ??

krihoo
22nd September 2005, 01:13 PM
why are u waiting that they will announce IR ha haha ??
thats not gonna happen anyway....

they better go to AR since shankar has nice frequency with AR....

by the way guyz, IYya ENNA Song from COA is damn good.....as i listen to that song i see RAJKIRAN ....it wud be damn good for him ....where he will be in a careless posture where as heroine trying to grab his attention

krihoo
22nd September 2005, 01:25 PM
song nalla vaazhvu sounds like thenpaandi chimayile from naayakan...might be same raaga or something

rooky
22nd September 2005, 01:58 PM
Shankar and ARR have Ego clash between them.
It exploded when the re-recording for BOYs took a looong time.So, Shankar purposely avoided him in ANNIYAN (though they say something else when queried personally by media).

But, a sify news claims that they have patched up for sivaji :)

rooky
22nd September 2005, 01:59 PM
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=13939901

raja_fan
22nd September 2005, 02:31 PM
Is there any CD compilation of malayalam hits of IR..?
Anybody knows ?

tmrrmt
22nd September 2005, 02:43 PM
Digression:

Hi - anyone from Houston, Texas here ? looks like Hurricane Rita is all set to be more deadly than Katrina ? how is the situation out there ?

Thanks

crvenky
22nd September 2005, 02:44 PM
I saw a teaser ad of Maestro in Jaya TV (beautiful shots) yesterday night. It just says at the end 'Viraivil' (soon).
If any of you come across the details, please post it here.

raja_fan
22nd September 2005, 05:50 PM
crvenky,

Please be clear ! What is a teaser ad ? Is it for any movie or what did you see..??

njv
22nd September 2005, 08:03 PM
I saw a teaser ad of Maestro in Jaya TV (beautiful shots) yesterday night. It just says at the end 'Viraivil' (soon).
If any of you come across the details, please post it here.
Kasturimaan. Its totally different atleast from the teaser. Waiting for the music launch.

Sanjeevi
22nd September 2005, 08:16 PM
Kasturiman has been released before some days. What are you doing raja fans?. Where is review?

njv
22nd September 2005, 10:18 PM
Kasturiman has been released before some days. What are you doing raja fans?. Where is review?
Its not released yet to my knowledge. It should be in all napsters and kumars if its released.

vijayr
22nd September 2005, 10:40 PM
I read elsewhere that the cassettes are already available in shops but not the CDs.

crvenky
23rd September 2005, 12:29 AM
rajafan/njv,
The ad is very brief, with beautiful shots of Maestro. It should be either a Serial on his life (as was mentioned some time back) or a program on his music. I am excited :)

uv
23rd September 2005, 03:10 AM
Twinkle Twinkle little stars brought back memories of Anjali music

12bums
23rd September 2005, 07:31 AM
Reply to Digression : Hi tmrrmt, I am in Houston. Thanks for asking. Situation is pretty bad, with people struggling to get out. But latest forecasts suggest that the hurriane may not be as bad as originally thought.

thumburu
23rd September 2005, 02:15 PM
uv, is it a positive or a negative remark?ie is it as good as Anjali or plain recycled stuff from Anjali?

njv
23rd September 2005, 06:23 PM
uv, is it a positive or a negative remark?ie is it as good as Anjali or plain recycled stuff from Anjali?
second one

thumburu
24th September 2005, 05:05 PM
njv, enna ippidi paanaiyai pottu udaithuvitteer!!! uv romba euphemistic aa pattum padaama solliptu ambel aayittaar.
:)) :))

njv
24th September 2005, 05:56 PM
njv, enna ippidi paanaiyai pottu udaithuvitteer!!! uv romba euphemistic aa pattum padaama solliptu ambel aayittaar.
:)) :))
unmaya chonnaen. listen to it in www.raaga.com. its available.

MrJudge
24th September 2005, 06:07 PM
[tscii:88351ff75c]COA is average according to sify:

Thankar Bachchan has always been in awe of Malayalam cinema for its story telling and natural performance. So it was but natural for Thankar to remake a highly successful family drama Chinthavistayaya Shyamala as Chidambarathil Oru Appasamy with no major changes.

The goodness of COA lies in the simple story, an outstanding performance by Navya Nair and soulful music of Ilayaraja. The film with its cute message seeped in real life situations will keep you engrossed. Elangovan (Thankar Bachchan) is a school teacher in Chidambaram who is a jack of all trades but master of none. He spends time with friends boozing, gambling and trying out new business that always fails.

His wife is Thenmozhi(Navya Nair) and has two daughters. Elangovan’s father (Pyramid Natarajan) and his father-in-law (Sundararajan) try to make him responsible towards his family but our man refuses to take up anything serious in life. On advice of everyone, Elangovan goes to Sabarimala after taking Vrath but returns to continue as sanyasi without being least bothered about his duties towards family. Fearing his wife and relatives he decides to join a mutt but there also he is unable to sustain.

In the meantime Thenmozhi works hard to educate her children. She is mentally prepared to live without her husband when Elangovan returns and pleads with her as usual. But this time Thenmozhi is not willing to pardon him and she ignores him. What happens then forms the climax and message of the film.

Thankar is disappointing as the protagonist, a role that Sreenivasan had made memorable in the original. However Navya makes up for it with a matured performance. Sundararajan and Pyramid Natarajan in the supporting cast are good.

Verdict: Average

Anyone seen it?[/tscii:88351ff75c]

MrJudge
24th September 2005, 06:12 PM
Looks like Raja's RR is good in COA too...

Thangar Bachchan has been under focus for allegedly demeaning actresses. In other words, he had targeted women. In Chidambarathil Oru Appasamuy,too, his target is again women. But this time around, there are bound to be no controversies as he has come up with a cloying sentimental movie that women, used to seeing maudlin tearjerkers on TV, would find it acceptable.

There are no Thangar's angst or underlying poetic pathos that one got to see in films like Thendral or Azhagi. Instead this is a family drama with the heroine Navya Nair and the music director Ilayaraja walking away with all the kudos. Though not in the league of his Azhagi, COA certainly leaves an impression on the audience for it carries a strong message rendered without much commercial compromise.

Though Thangar has disappointed as an actor, his directortial skills have been brought to the fore. The movie, which is a remake of a Malayalam hit Chinthavishtayaya Shyamala, will certainly appeal to the lady audiences. Navya Nair's matured performance and equally superb work by Ilayaraja especially in the background score adds much needed strength to this emotional melodrama.

from Indiaglitz

Sanjeevi
25th September 2005, 04:07 PM
My review on COA film

http://sanjeeviview.blogspot.com/2005/09/blog-post.html :thumbsup:

and

http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/REVIEW/2005/chidambarathil.asp :thumbsup:

raja_fan
26th September 2005, 04:26 PM
THERE WAS A TIME WHEN THIS FORUM WOULD BE FLOODED WITH RESPONSES WHENEVER A NEW IR ALBUM WAS RELEASED.

BUT THIS YEAR, MOST OF THE TIME THIS FORUM IS GOING VERY DULL :(

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GLORY GUYS ???????

thumburu
26th September 2005, 05:03 PM
raja fan, isn't it a sad reality that as far as film music is concerned, we fans have to only rest on IR's past laurels?
Now a days any new IR's filmi album has zero or negative expectation even with his diehard fans[Iam one and I have not so far cared to listen to albums like AOKK, COA] . I think the release of one more film say "kasturi maan" will seal this thread's fate. IR doesn't seem to help this thread in any way .

raja_fan
26th September 2005, 05:49 PM
No Thumburu,

IR did not deceive us in ONOK..I believe strongly that kasturi maan will be a hit ( I got a chance to hear one of the songs by Manjari in Asianet..it was so good )

But apart from all these, this forum in general has surely lost its charm especially after it moved to new login format..I could remember the days when Azhagi, Ramana etc were released..

crvenky
26th September 2005, 07:06 PM
raja fan, Kasturi maan Malayalam version was not scored by IR.

alias
26th September 2005, 11:51 PM
Thumburu, Dont be sad. Every artist has their day and now IR days are gone. It is now the turn for others MDs to take charge. I hope IR follows Naushad's path and open a music school where he share his great musical experience to the next generation instead of concentrating on these worthless albums.

Nitya
27th September 2005, 12:56 AM
alias, I totally agree with just what you're saying. I mean, if any of you other fellows like the songs from "Chidambarathil Oru Appusaamy," "Athu Oru Kana Kaalam," or whatever, then that's all well and good. I cannot say the same for myself though-- after immersing myself in devotional music and Malayalam film music (excluding the latest releases), by this standard, certainly COA, AOKK, etc., look like a joke.

raja_fan
27th September 2005, 09:51 AM
"raja fan, Kasturi maan Malayalam version was not scored by IR"

crvenky, Manjari in an interview with Asianet, sang a bit from tamil kasturimaan. It was a good melody.

krihoo
27th September 2005, 10:16 AM
sorry brothersi dont agree with u guyz

raja s creativity is still a lotttt..
its just that he is coming across wrong directors and same old type of stories.....if some new generation fresh directors approach him with fresh topics then again starts the magic.........

Sanjeevi
27th September 2005, 10:37 AM
Yeah! But IR is a special genius who is the unlimited source for current MDs. Even if you go to other MDs, IR still will be in music form.

Guys listened Mazhai songs. Songs IRish especially Mannilae song rhythm remainded me Santhana katrae song.

krihoo
27th September 2005, 11:17 AM
saw kasthuriman trailer.....music is fresh and interesting....

damn it...hope they release the album !!!!!!!!!!

Shankar
27th September 2005, 11:35 AM
and an interesting thing is, jayamohan is writing the dialogues for kasturimaan...Another great writer goes to movies....I hope he succeeds like Sujatha/balakumaran.

Jayamohan fans, anyone ??

rooky
27th September 2005, 12:35 PM
TFM Post 1992, are the years of sound engineers. To be a successful MD in this period, u need not have great music sense.People with some music knowledge and a better sound sense have come out well during this period.

We definitely need "pure music" atleast in 25 % of the movies released and only IR can deliver that.I definitely like to see him doing atleast 5 movies a year.He has given good songs this year like poo poothathu, kajiraho, konjam thira,antha naal gyabagam,etc..

Years have gone but ther is only one IR who can give soul touching music.No one has even come closer to him in this so far.

Also, not much activity in this forum(about his new releases) is not a criteria for him to stop doing TFM :)

MrJudge
27th September 2005, 12:59 PM
and an interesting thing is, jayamohan is writing the dialogues for kasturimaan...Another great writer goes to movies....I hope he succeeds like Sujatha/balakumaran.

Yes, he is writing dialogues for kasturimaan. I was surprised to see his name in the trailer. One more reason I am looking forward to this movie. I have not read his works (konjam bayama irukku by looking at the volume of his novels, neraya free time venumnu nenaikiren), but I like his column that comes in uyirmmai.

Sanjeevi
27th September 2005, 03:14 PM

Yes, he is writing dialogues for kasturimaan. I was surprised to see his name in the trailer. One more reason I am looking forward to this movie. I have not read his works (konjam bayama irukku by looking at the volume of his novels, neraya free time venumnu nenaikiren), but I like his column that comes in uyirmmai.

Jeyamohan also team-up with director Bala also. Ajith's paramasivan or Naan kadavul will come with Jeyamohon's dialog.

Cinefan
27th September 2005, 04:33 PM
Jeyamohan also team-up with director Bala also. Ajith's paramasivan or Naan kadavul will come with Jeyamohon's dialog.

'Kumudam' says he is doing the story/screenplay for 'Naan Kadavul'

krihoo
27th September 2005, 04:48 PM
[tscii:444dd3a6ac]ilayarajas coming telugu movie
According to sources, director Teja has changed his new film’s title from Kotta Chithram to Nadu Nedu Repu or Ninna Evvala Repu. The exact title is yet to be finalized. The film starring Navadeep and newcomer Poonam Kaur is likely to go on to the floors from October 5th in Vizag.

Sources also told that Teja this time has come up with a brilliant script and innovative narration to regain his glory with this film. This love story has music by maestro Ilayaraja and ace cameraman handles the camera.

[/tscii:444dd3a6ac]

krish244
27th September 2005, 11:20 PM
another COA review:

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/Reviews/reviews1/chidambarathiloruappasamy/tamil-movie-review-chidambarathioruappasamy.html

thanks,

Krishnan

MumbaiRamki
28th September 2005, 06:38 AM
sethu BGM - 3o minutes !!!
Reasonable quality !!!
Next will follow mella thiranthathu kathavu !!!
http://s47.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3Q7YEKLNGRSDJ2288ETHGWWHSC

Shankar
28th September 2005, 11:18 AM
>>>>>>>>>>
but I like his column that comes in uyirmmai.
<<<<<<<<<<

What's uyuirmmai ?? is that a web-magazine ? Does it require any font to read ?? (i don't have anjal...i just have unicode)

MrJudge
28th September 2005, 05:36 PM
>>>>>>>>>>
but I like his column that comes in uyirmmai.
<<<<<<<<<<

What's uyuirmmai ?? is that a web-magazine ? Does it require any font to read ?? (i don't have anjal...i just have unicode)

Uyirmmai is a tamil monthly just like kalachuvadu. They are run by opposite camps and get into clash very often. It is published by Manushya Puththrian. I buy the print version, the same is available on the web too. It is available at http://tamil.sify.com/uyirmmai/index.php The page was last updated in April and for some reason it is not being updated regularly. I am not sure whether it is unicode or murasu but IE displays the webpage without any problem.

app_engine
1st October 2005, 12:39 AM
http://www.hindu.com/fr/2005/09/30/stories/2005093003080200.htm

COA review...

12bums
1st October 2005, 04:08 AM
http://www.behindwoods.com/features/News/News31/30-9-05e/tamil-movies-news-ilayaraja.html

krihoo
1st October 2005, 08:14 AM
sorry 12albums but ...see this

idlebrain.com

AR Rehman's music for Rajnikant's Sivaji
AR Rehman would be scoring music for Rajnikant's next film in the direction of Shankar. AVM banner is producing this film in Tamil. The Telugu version rights are bought by NV Prasad

rajasaranam
1st October 2005, 04:11 PM
Raja's Live show in Nehru stadium on 16th of this month :D produced by Jaya TV.Confirmed

Eagerly awaiting for further details

12bums
1st October 2005, 08:07 PM
Krihoo, I saw that too, but there has been no official statement as yet and the way Shankar was talking to IR at Bhava's wedding, there might be something ! Again, I know its a long shot, but I am eternally optimistic.

Details for IR concert:

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/17118.html

Vysar
2nd October 2005, 07:36 AM
http://www.kumudam.com/lightsonline/011005/pg3.php
K.Balachander showed up for Bhava's reception. I thought IR and KB were opposite poles.

krihoo
2nd October 2005, 05:10 PM
12bums,
though i am biggg fan of IR , that concert thing i dont beleive him...for sure he got some hidden reason....he always make futile attempts in manipulating people

Shankar
3rd October 2005, 10:49 AM
>>>>>>>>>
Again, I know its a long shot, but I am eternally optimistic.
<<<<<<<<<

What's there to be optimistic about ?? You know the quality of Rajni songs in the recent yrs...I wudn't want Raja to score (in the unlikely event of Sivaji being offered to him).

krihoo
3rd October 2005, 10:51 AM
guys pls help

i saw A AAH audio release function on india glitz...
in that in tamil vivek said something comparing IR and AR...what is it

Also AR said something that when he used to work for IR blah blah blah.....ppl clapped and shouted too...what is it ??

Please tell
here is the link
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/events/7814.html

Cinefan
3rd October 2005, 04:29 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/17147.html

Good&Bad news.

Good :'Vishwas'Sundar has taken up the distribution rights of AOKK which means the film currently lying in the cans will finally release.

Bad:It's scheduled for release on Diwali day along with Sivakasi,Godfather&Maja.Kaaname poyidumo?

Shankar
3rd October 2005, 06:17 PM
sandhEgamE vENdAm, it will sink without trace :-(

krish244
4th October 2005, 02:39 PM
One of the theme songs (which has a prelude of Kurangu Kaiyil maalai song) in Mumbai Xpress contains a long piano sequence. I dont know if this song was part of the audio cassette/CD (was part of the initial ME mp3 downloads though), but it does appear in the movie. You can hear the same piano piece when Kamal (with the kid next to him on the sofa) explains to Manisha how she hurt the kids feelings when she considers him a "Baaram" or something like that. When the end credits rolled out, I noticed that there was a name mentioned for the piano piece. I think its "Paul..." or something like that (i hate myself to have forgotten..). Does anyone has more info on this? Was it performed in Budapest or something like that?

thanks

Krishnan

krish244
4th October 2005, 03:08 PM
i think it said "Piano played by:" or something like that...i need to watch Mumbai Xpress DVD again.

thanks

Krishnan

krihoo
4th October 2005, 03:08 PM
YEAH
this is the one performed in NEW YORK where they were stunned at the piece...

anyway
guys yesterday i bought VCD of OROK....at titles there is one song sung by bavathaarini...its nice song..but not there in audio....same like konjipesalam ...that one too got title song sung by bavathaarini ....but not inccluded in audio

Cinefan
4th October 2005, 04:35 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/17162.html

More trouble for AOKK this time from BM himself.

Cinefan
4th October 2005, 05:29 PM
<Digression>

http://www.newstodaynet.com/talkies/0210tt4.htm

Karthik Raja gets an opportunity to provide music.

<End Digression>

rags141
4th October 2005, 08:45 PM
emails have been going around from IR yahoo groups that KASTHURIMAAN CDs have been released....any updates as to how the songs are?

krihoo
5th October 2005, 01:23 PM
GUYZZ
ONOK songs till now i heard only in audio...when i saw them in movie the craze for the songs multiplied by 10 times....

NAMASIVAAYA RAJA
NAADANTAAN RAJA
INIPODHUM
EN NENJIL NEEDHAANTHAAN RAAJA
HAIL HAIL .....RAJA HAIL HAIL
HAIL HAIL .....RAJA HAIL HAIL

Its unfortunate that he is not getting success even with great songs and great works like TIS

rajasaranam
5th October 2005, 08:23 PM
emails have been going around from IR yahoo groups that KASTHURIMAAN CDs have been released....any updates as to how the songs are?

How did i become so ignorant of his new release was the question i asked myself when i listened to the CD today... obviously when i went to the shop on the day when News paper ADs came they said stocks havent arrived yet. once again when i went after a week they said only cassettes are there. i sighed and came off. AS i dont own a cassette player :cry:

So today when i went to get the tickets for LIVE Concert i got the CD with all excitement :) As Expected the Maestro has proved it yet again he is the only king of Music.

The best song of the album [IMO] 'Ennai Ketkkum' Has mindblowing Violin preludes and interludes which can be termed at par with 'How to name it' . I was shaken for some moments when listening to the prelude in my hi-fi stereo. Oh how i longed for the prelude and interludes to be longer... Iam shivering as iam typing this post i listened to other songs only once, this song is in loop and have listened to it atleast 15 times. I try to hook on another song titled 'Vaanin kaathal' which i think will be good, but unknowingly my fingers reach for the remote to hear this song again....

Ill post more after listening to other songs leisurely . Go grab your own CD's friends you are in for a treat. :thumbsup:

rajasaranam
5th October 2005, 09:29 PM
cant contain the excitement to share with you all. I've ripped the song and uploaded it Though i know iam infringing copyright laws i wanted to share this song with all those who cant get the CD. I request you all to buy original CD's after listening, for better effect on a stereo system

here is the link
http://rapidshare.de/files/5909810/05-ENNAI_KETKUM.zip.html

cry_sandiego
5th October 2005, 11:39 PM
Thanks Rajarasanam.

Guys, i am listening to COA CD for the last few days and I should say ( contrary to a few reviews on this forum ) I liked 3 out of the 5 songs very much. Especially I am hooked to the first and 4th tracks. The first track - Nalla Vazhvu and the 4th- Ponna Porantha are very very apt to the situation of the movie ( i saw some clips on SUN TV review )..

Nalla Vazhvu has very good lyrics. Second the emotions that are brought out by the first interlude are very apt to the song/movie situation. just before the Ayyappan bajan chorus.. and the way male voice blends in after that bajan is very nicely done..

As for the Ponna Porantha song, I liked the lyrics on this one too and the very mild interludes. I am still trying to figure the scale this one is set to. if anyone has already pls let me know.

I sort of liked the second track too..not very good but OK.

the fifth track is not worth mentioning.

So i kind of found it interesting when there was a comment sometime back that COA songs were a joke. it was good in a way that it set my expectations lower on COA and now that i like the 2 songs very much.

next I also listened to AOKK - The antha naal song and Kili thattu are my favorites right now..Little things make the Antha naal song very effective.. For ex, the Temple bell chime - just before the lines Kovil Mani Osai.. pretty similar to the Nadodi Thendral song.. u would not notice it unless you are looking ( or hearing ) for it. It is mixed well with the rhythm beats of the song.. It's little things like this make an IR composition different.
Again Vaali's lyrics here are good.

Kili thattu reminds me of many IR songs ..Especially a Bavatharini song Konjum Kuyilu Paattu in some vague movie a few years ago ( Ilayavan or some movie like that - it also has some other nice songs

yet to listen to ONOK CD.

Cheers.
MSK

cry_sandiego
5th October 2005, 11:40 PM
Thanks Rajasaranam.

Guys, i am listening to COA CD for the last few days and I should say ( contrary to a few reviews on this forum ) I liked 3 out of the 5 songs very much. Especially I am hooked to the first and 4th tracks. The first track - Nalla Vazhvu and the 4th- Ponna Porantha are very very apt to the situation of the movie ( i saw some clips on SUN TV review )..

Nalla Vazhvu has very good lyrics. Second the emotions that are brought out by the first interlude are very apt to the song/movie situation. just before the Ayyappan bajan chorus.. and the way male voice blends in after that bajan is very nicely done..

As for the Ponna Porantha song, I liked the lyrics on this one too and the very mild interludes. I am still trying to figure the scale this one is set to. if anyone has already pls let me know.

So i kind of found it interesting when there was a comment sometime back that COA songs were a joke. it was good in a way that it set my expectations lower on COA and now that i like the 2 songs very much.

next I also listened to AOKK - The antha naal song and Kili thattu are my favorites right now..Little things make the Antha naal song very effective.. For ex, the Temple bell chime - just before the lines Kovil Mani Osai.. pretty similar to the Nadodi Thendral song.. u would not notice it unless you are looking ( or hearing ) for it. It is mixed well with the rhythm beats of the song.. It's little things like this make an IR composition different.

Kili thattu reminds me of many IR songs ..Especially a Bavatharini song Konjum Kuyilu Paattu in some vague movie a few years ago ( Ilayavan or some movie like that - it also has some other nice songs

Cheers.
MSK

cry_sandiego
5th October 2005, 11:43 PM
Thanks Rajasaranam.

Cheers.
MSK

tmrrmt
6th October 2005, 09:45 AM
Hi everyone - some good news!

'mfiles', a popular website for music lovers, which is frequented by connoisseurs as well as composers, music agents from around the world, has now included IR in its list of great composers, ranking him alongwith John Williams, Jerry Goldsmith etc!

http://www.mfiles.co.uk/film-composers.htm

www.mfiles.co.uk/composers/Ilaiyaraaja.htm

thanks

cry_sandiego
6th October 2005, 10:16 AM
oops. Sorry about the multiple posts..

I guess i figured the scale on the COA track #4 ( Ponna Porantha.. ).. I guess it's Simmendramadhyamam. IR's favorite scale .. meant to evoke a sympathy ( similar to the Paadi Thirintha En Thozhi from Kaakai Chiraginile.. )

Can anyone confirm if I am right. thanks

Cheers
MSK

krish244
6th October 2005, 04:51 PM
cant contain the excitement to share with you all. I've ripped the song and uploaded it Though i know iam infringing copyright laws i wanted to share this song with all those who cant get the CD. I request you all to buy original CD's after listening, for better effect on a stereo system

here is the link
http://rapidshare.de/files/5909810/05-ENNAI_KETKUM.zip.html

rajasaranam, the link either does not work or it says that a limit to download is reached or something like that. Can you please upload it somewhere else?

thanks

Krishnan

alwarpet_andavan
6th October 2005, 05:32 PM
Rajasaranam,
Endha denomination ticket vaangirukkeenga?

crvenky
6th October 2005, 06:55 PM
Rajasaranam,

Thanks for Ennai ketkum kelvi song. Its indeed Simmendra Madhyamam. Couple of lines from Bharathi's poem in the 2nd interlude is interesting.

rags141
6th October 2005, 08:16 PM
Rajasaranam,

Thanks for the upload...."Ennai Ketkum" song is just awesome....VINTAGE IR stuff....Violin interludes are great....Please post your review on other Kasthuriman songs....

Rags

rajasaranam
6th October 2005, 08:59 PM
Rajasaranam,
Endha denomination ticket vaangirukkeenga?

AA,

Rs.200 denomination than. I had to sponsor a couple of friends. we are around 10 people gang and ticket selavu en thalaiyila kattitaanunga :oops: [Thiruvaasagam 50 CD vaangi vithathukku parisu ] But iam happy about it, as all of them are Subtle Raja fans and they can whistle as though it will bring the sky down. :D
Neenga entha denomination?

Krish244,

Ill check on the link and try to re load it again

alwarpet_andavan
6th October 2005, 09:07 PM
AA,

Rs.200 denomination than. I had to sponsor a couple of friends. we are around 10 people gang and ticket selavu en thalaiyila kattitaanunga :oops: [Thiruvaasagam 50 CD vaangi vithathukku parisu ] But iam happy about it, as all of them are Subtle Raja fans and they can whistle as though it will bring the sky down. :D
Neenga entha denomination?

Krish244,

Ill check on the link and try to re load it again

Ilayaan-a pakkathla paakkanum-nu aasai...
Tempted to go for the VIP enclosure.
Mannu thingappora odambu, and moreover pogumbodhu edhayum eduthuttu poga mattom [:)] , so might just go for it!
Nalaikku enna thonudho vaanga vendiyadhu dhaan....

njv
6th October 2005, 10:18 PM
Mannu thingappora odambu, and moreover pogumbodhu edhayum eduthuttu poga mattom [:)] , so might just go for it!
Nalaikku enna thonudho vaanga vendiyadhu dhaan....

pogumbodhu kooda rendu IR CD yeduthuttu ponga, mannum thingathu onnum thingathu.

rajasaranam
7th October 2005, 12:57 AM
here are all the songs from Kasthoorimaan ripped to the lowest quality. Please buy Original CD's and make this album a Hit. The album deserves it.
http://rapidshare.de/files/5955689/KASTHOORIMAAN.zip.html
All the songs are great IMHO
My rankings are
1.Ennai ketkkum
2.Nethu varaikkum
3.Vaanin kaathal
4.Oru Porkaalam
5.Ketkalayo ketkalayo

This is the album which gives complete satisfaction to me out of those released this year [2005].
Today is the day for 'Nethu varaikkum' excellently sung by sujatha
and written by Na.Muthukumar. The lyrics music and singing are all very good in this song. She sings the song with much ease and comfort sounding folkish, she steal our hearts the way she ends each sentence with 'eeeeaannn...' listen to 'kanavugalin.... nananannnannaa......' ufff obsolutely mesmerising. This song can feature in any female solo collections.
The song 'Vaanin kaathal' closely resembles 'Deva malligai' from 'Nadigan' in parts while the songs is composed to suit keeping in mind the present trend [synthesizers, Electronica stuff et all ] But the song will linger long in our Drunken minds who have drunk his music to the hilt....The saxophone interlude is a treat to hear...
got to hear the other two songs more once i get filled with these three.

rajasaranam
7th October 2005, 01:15 AM
Krish,

The link is working and fine. But i am going to delete it as i've uploaded all the songs in another link. Get the songs before i delete it :oops:

I saw 38 down loads for the 'ennai ketkkum' song, got no reviews except CRV and rags. Why why why ? :?

rags141
7th October 2005, 02:30 AM
Rajasaranam.....thanks a lot.....

SIMPLY AWESOME SONGS!!!!!!

VINTAGE IR is back....KASTHOORIMAAN just rocks....easily IRs best album in the last 2 years....5 melodies with lengthy and mesmerizing interludes....what more can one ask for....

Thanks again Rajasaranam.

Long Live IR!!!!

Rags

cry_sandiego
7th October 2005, 03:07 AM
Excellent Songs Rajasaranam.

I liked all the songs in the first go.. Will write more after i listen to all a few times..

thanks
MSK

cry_sandiego
7th October 2005, 03:11 AM
again.. got to say that Mallu Albums inspire IR a lot more than tamil/Telugu.. The % of excellent songs per album is definitely more in Mal albums.. Obviously Mal movies are in a class - way above Tamil/Telugu.

Cheers
MSK

cry_sandiego
7th October 2005, 05:01 AM
Just Curious .. Is "Ketkaliyo Ketkaliyo " Madhyamavathi .?

Nice hip Song..

MSK

krish244
7th October 2005, 05:50 AM
Thanks rajasaranam! Let me try it again.

MumbaiRamki
7th October 2005, 08:10 AM
A breather from raaja ...
1.Ketkalayo -Superb melody song with amazing percussions ..Tippu kalakkal ..chance illa song ..full paisa vasool ..It reminds me of Vetri vetri song from Kattu Marakkaran 10/10

2.Vannin Kathal
KR oda paatu maathiri irrukku ..again kalakkal song ..Again Tippu raajyaam thaan ...Mathaangi sings after a loooooooong time ..this song can be compared to Deva Malligai (only in charanam)and Kadhal Neethana from time ...a bit jazzied version of it !!Superb song 9/10

3.Nethu Varaikkum
Sujata sings under raaja after looooong time..Lyrics cld have been better in this in pallavi ...I guess this is a kind of heroine intro love song in Village or so ....interludes are great though ....This song can be compare dto maina kunju from oru ooril oru kumaari movie ...Did'nt impress me very much as the other 2 songs 8/10

4.Oru Porkaalam
Starts amazingly well ..Karthik melts in this song ....Very nice melody ...9/10

Superb ..This movie songs reminds me of TIME movie songs

rajasaranam
7th October 2005, 08:32 AM
All night i felt guilty that i have done something wrong by uploading the songs. I came to office today to delete the songs from net. but seeing the excitement of rags and MSK i prefer it to stay for one more day in net. I had the same excitement when heard first and just wanted it to share with fellow Raja Fans. All those who craved for Raja's Best get the songs ASAP.I can assure you this is the album we have been waiting for.
After ripping i never heard the songs in the format i have ripped. Today i heard it and thought OMG this is as good as the original :shock: Though i ripped it to the lowest quality i.e., 48 Kpbs. Still its good to listen. Hmmm.. Technology :?
I dont want you people to think 'This itself is OK why to buy original' :( Go and buy the CD's Folks.

Coming to the songs ... The brief SAX interlude coming in the 'Vaanin Kaathal' is simply awesome. the Song has patterns of JAZZ Aswelas ROCK n ROLL. I somehow feel the SAX interlude was recorded for MX and IR kept it aside and has used it now. What say Rags, MSK :?:

RR
7th October 2005, 09:51 AM
'Ennai ketkkum' is my favorite (based on simmendra madhyam). Cool strings. Reminded 'how to name it' and 'anadha raagam ketkum kaalam' but this one is different. Good job by Tippu and 'whoever sang the swaras'.

Thanks rajasaranam.

RR
7th October 2005, 10:14 AM
Just Curious .. Is "Ketkaliyo Ketkaliyo " Madhyamavathi .?

Nice hip Song..

MSK
MSK,
Sounded Suddha saveri to me. Also 'Nethu varaikkum'.

Shankar
7th October 2005, 10:43 AM
Rs,
The link keeps refreshing, but no link to the file...How do i download ?
I downloaded the "ennai ketkum" song y'day without any problem.

cry_sandiego
7th October 2005, 10:52 AM
Hi RR,

thanks.. But I am still suspecting MM.. have you listened to the critically acclaimed " Adi aadi varum Palaakku" in a late 80's movie called I Love India..sung by SJ. THis is again MM and even the starting chorus seems to be very similar in concept but so brilliantly done..

I am not sure if that song is available on the net.. The rhythm on that song was so mesmerizing.. this one is so close.. I still have not analyzed it very well..
But I am already addicted to this song..

Even the Vanin Kaathal is so Good.. Man.. this album is awesome.. I can;t wait for the CD>

Cheers
MSK

Sanjeevi
7th October 2005, 11:09 AM
Very nice to hear about kasturimaan album as a masterpiece from IR. :D
I can't wait to listen. Today night I will get.

cry_sandiego
7th October 2005, 11:12 AM
RR,

I am just guessing.. I am not any expert in this.. I guess IR is using Tonic Shift ( Shruthibetham )- I guess Ketkaliyeo Ketkaliyo is set in MM but set 5 notes higher - which is Sudha Saveri.. IR is THE king in Shruthibetham and has always exploited this technique.. I would love to hear someone else's opinion on this.. that way 2 data points against 1 each ( mine and RR's :-) would give us some more clue..

man this song is on repeat mode for the last 2 hours..

Mumbai Ramki, The lyrics of Nethu varaikkum sound pretty folkish ..or shd i say rustic ..i kind of like folk lyrics..so i liked it.. Buti got what you meant.. Great song..

not sure when i will go to sleep .. the more i get into these songs.. Hmmm

Cheers
MSK

krihoo
7th October 2005, 11:32 AM
..masterpiece?? no its just normal ...

instruments are horrible

krihoo
7th October 2005, 11:34 AM
Oru Porkaalam is just like ENNA THAALATTU from friends

krihoo
7th October 2005, 11:35 AM
i mean kaadhalukk mariyaada

RR
7th October 2005, 11:44 AM
MSK,

Now I think it should be suddha dhanyasi.. :huh:

krihoo
7th October 2005, 01:45 PM
IR releasing background score of TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE STAR
as seperate album

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/17237.html

thumburu
7th October 2005, 03:00 PM
[quote="krihoo"][size=18]IR releasing background score of TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE STAR
as seperate album

idhenna koothu? :o "Anjali" oda rehashkka indha aarbaattam?

krish244
7th October 2005, 03:36 PM
Krihoo, thanks for the news! Great to hear this. Very eager to hear the BGM!

thanks,

Krishnan

Shankar
7th October 2005, 04:34 PM
thumburu,
Is TTLS a rehash of anjali ? Any pointers for that claim ??

krish244
7th October 2005, 07:36 PM
here is the gallery for the TTLS press meet!

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/Events/8188.html

thanks

Krishnan

vijayr
7th October 2005, 08:00 PM
ennai ketkum passes muster, but recently IR had a much superior simmendhramadhyamam in ennai enna seidhaai(by Sudha Raghunadhan) from Ivan and several phrases of that song has been rehashed and repeated here. Tippu is over-exuberant in his rendition at times. The violin section is a pale reminder of what IR was capable of in his "aanandha ragam" days.(Incidentally Vidhyasagar had mentioned aanandha raagam when he was talking about the different MDs and his favourite songs of theirs in a column)

Rest of the songs all have a strong deja vu feel to them, with the same rhythm/scales and nothing surprising anyhwere. Surprisingly even Sujatha's voice seems to have lost a certain bit of appeal.
The one duet sung by Karthik is a bit appealing but follows the recent
oliyile therivadhu-andha naaL gnyaabagam pattern of melodies.

Synth usage, especially for the rhythm section in many songs is still a bit disappointing.

kj
7th October 2005, 08:24 PM
i dont find this album great by any standards..just avg..i guess IR has such high standards in the past that even he cant reach it now. Synth is definitely not his cup of tea and he should strictly refrain from using it..it sounds almost amateurish. Another problem is lyrics..total crap..gone are the days of poetry.
Thnnnnnnank goddddd he didnt use any synth and SPOIL TIS/TBI/TIO

kj
7th October 2005, 08:25 PM
i was talking about KM

kj
7th October 2005, 08:27 PM
please read ."i guess IR has set such high standards in the past that.." in previous post

Sanjeevi
8th October 2005, 01:06 PM
Similarities :D

Nethu varaikkum - Allolankili (Siraichalai) & Ayira meenu kulambu (Kummi paattu)
Vaanin kaathal - deva malligai (nadigan) & kathal neethana (time)?
Oru Porkaalam - Enna thalatta (KM)
Ketkalayo ketkalayo - Kaatril varum (ONOK)?

krihoo
8th October 2005, 04:37 PM
wow Twinkle Twinkle Little Star soooper tunes.....

krihoo
8th October 2005, 04:46 PM
looks like TTLS s gonna be big hit and IR gonna create big news .....

things are very different with this project...see the link

http://www.chennaionline.com/film/Onlocation/2005/04twinkle.asp

rajdes
10th October 2005, 10:59 AM
Sanjeevi,
ketkaliyo - paattu solli (azhagi) but this one is more melodious!

Sanjeevi
10th October 2005, 11:08 AM
Sanjeevi,
ketkaliyo - paattu solli (azhagi) but this one is more melodious!

rajdes, do you feel the similarity between nethu varaikum and alolankili (siraichalai).

interz
12th October 2005, 02:12 AM
just heard Kasturi maan songs for a change i think Kasthuri maan songs are really good, 4 out of 5 songs are good, one of the songs sounds like 80's songs, but among the kuthu paadalgal good to hear melodious numbers from ilayaraja.

interz
12th October 2005, 02:14 AM
just heard Kasturi maan songs for a change i think Kasthuri maan songs are really good, 4 out of 5 songs are good, one of the songs sounds like 80's songs, but among the kuthu paadalgal good to hear melodious numbers from ilayaraja.

njv
12th October 2005, 02:25 AM

thanks for the word. did the CD released already. god bless you man for bringing this news.

vijayr
12th October 2005, 03:04 AM
Kasthirumaan songs have already been released and discussed in earlier pages. mp3s were uploaded by rajasaranam here
http://rapidshare.de/files/5955689/KASTHOORIMAAN.zip.html

Nitya
12th October 2005, 09:12 AM
I am hearing the songs in "Kasthurimaan" right now, and I think that, yes, you fellows are right on that the songs sound like rehashes. The worst of all is "Oru Porkaalam Thodanguthe," which sounds so much like "Ennai Thaalaatta Varuvaalo" that it's not even funny. "Nethu Varaikkum" sounds like a hybrid mix of "Aalolangkili Thoppile" (Siraichalai) and "Vayasu Pulla Vayasu Pulla" (Annan). "Ketkaliyo Ketkaliyo" is a very melodious song based on raga Suddhadhanyaasi. If only the hi-tech orchestration in the song "Ennai Ketkum Kelviye" were done away with and replaced with natural instruments, the song might have really gone places. Actually, it reminds me somewhat of the song "Raakkuyil Paadi" in the Malayalam film of the same name in the song's pattern. That song was by Ouseppachan. Finally, the song "Vaanin Kadhal" is the kind of catchy but cheesy song. Overall, I'd suggest you approach this soundtrack with low expectations, and you won't be disappointed.

Dreamchaser
12th October 2005, 03:47 PM
Check here : http://www.tamilnapster.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=505

I just grabbed songs from there !!

inetk
12th October 2005, 07:50 PM
100 words.
http://www.milliblog.blogspot.com/

Nitya
12th October 2005, 11:11 PM
Here's a trivial fact: the beginning of the song (about the first 5 seconds) is exactly like IR's earlier song "Holi Holi Holi" (Rasukutti).

cry_sandiego
13th October 2005, 01:25 AM
Nitya,

which song in Kasturiman are you referring to. thanks. MSK

app_engine
13th October 2005, 02:21 AM
kasthuriman songs sound like typical malayALam songs post 2000...kAdhai thunbuRuththAdha menmaikku Rajavukku nandRi sollalAm...`ennaikkEtkum' ending is very catchy i.e. when the female voice arrives with dhiranana stuff...however, the male voice is quite rough...miss SPB there...

MumbaiRamki
13th October 2005, 02:51 AM
cry_sandiego
It has to be Keykalayo Ketkalayo !

slperson1
13th October 2005, 06:31 PM
Oru Porkalamma sounds like ennai thaalattu from kadhalikku mariyadhai

Nitya
13th October 2005, 09:31 PM
Yep, I was referring to "Ketkaliyo Ketkaliyo."

teja
14th October 2005, 02:08 AM
As a HCIRF, very disappointed with Kasthuriman.
Run-of-the-mill stuff... frankly, none of the songs are worth a second hearing.
As some one said, the album has deja-vu written all over it.
Synth sucks.

balaji
14th October 2005, 02:56 AM
Teja

I heard the Tippu song on dhool, the violin piece was good. Otherwise a very average song.

Any news on the movies by Teja and Vamsi. With the way IR goes, I am afraid those may turn out to be a wash-out too.

Are there no sensible people who are close to him, who can advise him the truth of what was happening and give him a correct picture on the quality of music he dishes?

Bala

krish244
14th October 2005, 06:42 PM
TTLS audio released.... news is that KR's three year old son has sung in the movie!

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/17377.html

thanks,

Krishnan

vijayr
14th October 2005, 08:52 PM
How did TTLS songs get "released" way before the audio was officially released?

karthik_sa2
14th October 2005, 10:50 PM
From chennaionline.com

Hungarians perform BGM for Ilayaraja

Renowned music director Ilayaraja has performed the
background music score for the forthcoming film
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star with the Hungarian
Symphony Orchestra, bringing them all the way to
Chennai for the recording. The film is being made
simultaneously in four languages (Tamil, Hindi, Telugu
and Malayalam) by producer Verghese for Welgate
Cinemafox (P) Ltd.

Speaking after the recording session at Prasad Studios
in Chennai, Ilayaraja said he wanted to compose the
back ground score in a different manner for the film
as it has an unusual storyline.

sudhakarg
15th October 2005, 01:26 AM
So.. IRs philosophy seems simple. Concentrate on the BGM and make the songs simple.

prabhudas
15th October 2005, 07:08 AM
TTLS audio was released officially several months ago by Budding Actor Shreekanth as chief Guest , and there was a round of discussion on the album few months ago, I got the CD in June in Bangalore, It is not totally a rehash , few numbers are good definitely not comparable to Anjali or any other previous Mallu albums.
Hey Vijay, did u get to watch IR's interview on Jaya
( Numtv) was there any new thing or was it the same old, naan oru Puzhu maadhiri, naan edhuvum pudhusa seyyalae, sundari kannal oru saedhi, taamarai kodiyil; etc..., just curious.

Kasthuri mAan, songs first listen, perhaps the most rehashed album in recent times by Mottai I think, in every song there was Deja vu and resemblence
Teja,
did u notice, "Balapam Patti" song ( bobbili Raja) the bit where it goes Am ahaa... ,resemblence in one of the songs?
Prabhudas

teja
15th October 2005, 11:08 AM
Balaji,
Not sure about Vamsy's film. In last 2 yearrs, he has made many such announcements... about his patch up with IR. Nothing happened so far. I wouldn't count on Vamsy's statements. More oevr, Vamsy lost his magical touch. His last 2 films have been cheap and silly. Not sure if Vamsy's picturisation can inspire IR now!
However IR's other telugu film by dir. Teja - "Ninna, nedu, repu" is happening.

Prabhudas,
Not sure which one. Haven't paid that close attention...

On TTLS... "Ethetho Janmathil" by KSC is a classic. Can't wait for its telugu version!

thops
15th October 2005, 11:42 AM
prabhudas...yes the line "yennai vittu engey ponaalum" from "ketkaliyo ketkaliyo" is the exactly "ammaha anta ammadu" from "balapam patti"...

prabhudas
15th October 2005, 04:25 PM
Off topic,
Did any Bangalore TFMers get a chance to listen to Kannada Movie " Geeya Geeya" by Bhavatharini as MD. Has got some very good reviews by many Kannada audio folks, with 4 melodies with heavy resemblance of IR work,
one more "Kalyana Parisu" from Daddy? :wink:

inetk
15th October 2005, 07:10 PM
Aha thats the movie name is it? Heard a very nice sounding SPB song one of the evenings in Radiocity. The RJ announced grandly that the music is by Bhava and thats why it has shades of IR in it...but she, in typical Radiocity style, did not announce the film's name. Lemme try to get hold of this album!

Karthik
http://www.itwofs.com

inetk
15th October 2005, 07:20 PM
Sorry, no SPB in this soundtrack I suppose!

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/18/s/movie_name.8080/

Must've been the effect of a multitude of vehicles trying to get on my way from HSR layout while I was hopelessly waiting for some stray cop to come to my rescue, on the ring road. (Finally, in case you're curious, nobody came and I had drive like a Bangalorean to get home).

Karthik