PDA

View Full Version : POETRY CONTEST '07

VENKIRAJA
7th October 2007, 07:59 PM
Lets Break the silence hubbers.........!
This time i have two judges to decide.Don't worry.
If anyone can suggest or sponsor other judges,no problem.Lemme kickstart the Hubbers poetry contest(English and Tamil seperately)07 with utmost pleasure.

This time we'll decide the topics till the end of this month and carefully go about the regulations of the game too(I request the moderators of this section to make it a sticky as before not just to attract attention).I'll reveal who the two judges are when we decide about the topics.One is a poet and the other a novelist/essayist.

All except one.......what bout the prizes?
Every one of your suggestions are most welcome.

crazy
7th October 2007, 08:08 PM
venki ...what happened to those we had last year?
did anyone win, got any prize?

VENKIRAJA
7th October 2007, 09:55 PM
Sorry,justice delayed not denied.
RR sir will take over very shortly.

Lets get going this time...maybe winners of 06 and 07 will be announced together.I'll let all know soon.Sorry.anyways i promise no sorts of the past would repeat.Please contribute with the same or intensified response.thank you...

crazy
7th October 2007, 10:12 PM
okie kanna

prize, books? :P

chevy
19th October 2007, 03:02 PM
hmmm and one more thing. can it be in english. Last time , it was no english poems or something. And please type out rules in English. * pleading eyes*

crazy
19th October 2007, 04:57 PM
Lets Break the silence hubbers.........!
This time i have two judges to decide.Don't worry.
If anyone can suggest or sponsor other judges,no problem.Lemme kickstart the Hubbers poetry contest(English and Tamil seperately)07 with utmost pleasure.

:)

Nichiro
30th October 2007, 04:19 AM
This gestation period

Has been too long a thing Sir

Right or wrong ?

RR
30th October 2007, 07:50 AM
Apologies friends on the delays in announcing Poetry contest 06 results. Initially the plan was: Venkiraja will manage the contest but due to unavoidable circumstances he couldn't and the task came to me. It's been in the backburner for quite sometime but excuses aside, I'll try to get things moving and announce the results soon. Promise to do it before the 2007 contest closes :) Keep your fingers crossed. You may be the one walking away with the book prizes!! Good luck all..

pavalamani pragasam
30th October 2007, 07:54 AM
Fingers are closed firmly for quite a long time! Hub book prizes are are precious than Booker prize!!! :lol:

crazy
30th October 2007, 01:02 PM
Fingers are closed firmly for quite a long time! Hub book prizes are are precious than Booker prize!!! :lol:

:thumbsup: :lol:

chevy
30th October 2007, 02:35 PM

:thumbsup: :lol: Rotfl

VENKIRAJA
1st November 2007, 02:22 PM
The poetry can be of whatever form....rhyme,freeverse or post-modernism!English and Tamizh seperately.The topics shall be casted from now till november end.The contest will begin from December 16 till January 16.Results:End of january!Okay?

The scheduling is done but the topics?okay shoot from now.....!

:D

Nichiro
2nd November 2007, 02:16 AM
Results:End of january!Okay?

You forgot to mention January of which Year in which the results will be announced.!! :lol:

VENKIRAJA
4th November 2007, 06:18 PM
Results:End of january!Okay?

You forgot to mention January of which Year in which the results will be announced.!! :lol:

SERIOUSLY I APOLOGISE FOR WHAT HAS HAPPENED.PLEASE START OVER THIS YEAR.i REQUEST THE GUYS TO POST IN EAGERLY WITHOUT WORRYING BOUT THE RESULTS COS I'LL DEFINITELY MAKE WAY FOR THE RESULTS ON JAN 08.HENCE START SUGGESTING SOME TOPICS PLS.........

pavalamani pragasam
4th November 2007, 08:14 PM
Topics for contests are usually decided by those who conduct them & not by those who participate in it?! :roll:

sundararaj
25th November 2007, 08:08 PM
Well friends, I am back after so much troubles and tribulations. Hope I will also participate :D

pavalamani pragasam
25th November 2007, 08:17 PM
Welcome! Happy to see you back!

VENKIRAJA
22nd December 2007, 12:26 PM
Topics for contests are usually decided by those who conduct them & not by those who participate in it?! :roll:

8-)
contest will be underway soon.....suggestions are welcome,pls pm me in that case regarding the dates doubts and topics.

Contest period,as the last time will be december 31 to jan 31!

Nichiro
28th December 2007, 05:57 PM
There is a man called Venkiraja,
Who keeps the contestants very Taja
By promising the results
For two years from his vaults
But nothing came out of this Raja. :lol:

VENKIRAJA
2nd January 2008, 06:44 PM
There is a man called Venkiraja,
Who keeps the contestants very Taja
By promising the results
For two years from his vaults
But nothing came out of this Raja. :lol:

Listen lemme make this clear......I'm not responsible for anything that has happened....i can make arrangements for anything thats gonna happen this time.....as there is very little response this year i request guys to inform about their response to the contest 08.....Since last time i got several responses for topics and stuff i was interested in informing mods and promotng the thread.This time guys rarely seem to check the forum and posts and i'm afraid it won't be nice to just keep the contest going and call the judge to choose with very little entries.I take the pride in informing guys that the judge who was to be called was Poet.Kugai.Ma.Pugazhendhi.

I did not want to poll the contest os it'll not fit the bill.To be right in some other way,i had a judge,a government officer in charge of தமிழ் வளர்ச்சித் துறை,Mr.Ko.Visayaragavan to judge the contest.I remember sending a pm to RR sir deciding everything.....true....if u wish ask RR sir,i told him again and again,but since he told he'll make necessary arrangements to decide it all and distribute prizes(i dont have bucks for prizes,RR sir told he'll despatch em to addresses,just decided the prizes though)I don't blame him,but i was helpless.....Pls understand.This year if the contests should start and end,the interested guys can p.m me about the contests regarding their interest,type of topics,decisions or whatever they wish to.I might give the topics as soon as i recive the anticipated response.Sorry for whatever that has happened. :D

Nichiro
8th January 2008, 02:56 PM
I tried my level best,
To put my thoughts in jest.
But the Raja felt very bad
And is gonna hunt for my head.

pavalamani pragasam
8th January 2008, 03:20 PM
:rotfl: