PDA

View Full Version : Fans of Singer Madhushree

dinesh2002
25th October 2007, 06:25 AM
[html:607a836c7f]http://www.telegraphindia.com/1050128/images/28etcmadhushree.jpg[/html:607a836c7f]

Madhushree, previously known as Sujata Bhattacharya, is a singer who sung many songs in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi films. A familiar voice in A. R. Rahman's compositions, Madhushree hails from a musically inclined family, having previously been trained in classsical music. Wanting to be a classical singer, Madhushree joined the Rabindra Bharathi University and completed her masters with flying colours.

She made her entry in Bollywood through the recommendation of singer Kumar Sanu. She then made her playback singing debut through Rajesh Roshan's Moksha. She has then gone on to sing songs in films like Yuva, Aayitha Ezhuthu, Kal Ho Naa Ho, Anbe Aaruyire and Kuch Naa Kaho,and her most recent albums include A.R. Rahman's Guru,and Rang De Basanti, Srikanth Deva's Aalwar, Yuvan Shankar Raja's Deepavali and Harris Jayaraj's Unnale Unnale and A.R.Rahman's Sivaji in Vaaji Vaaji song which is a big hit.

" When Madhushree sings,Time stands still"
The Times of India

Her Website :

http://www.madhushree.com/

Some Interesting Info :

Madhushree's first tamil song : Nilavile Nilavile [ Duet with Udit Narayan] - Aaha Ethanai Azhagu [Md: Vidyasagar : 2003]
Was credited as Sujata Bhattacharya.

Q: So you are not Madhushree, you are Sujata!

I am Madhushree! I was Sujata [Sujata Bhattacharya changed her name to Madhushree on the advice of A.R. Rahman, as he knew too many Sujatas in the music world and his own group].

LATEST BUZZ :

The song SAADIYAN - Lakeer [Music by A.R.Rahman], was actually sung by MADHUSHREE and not Mahalaxmi Iyer as the inlay shows. Madhushree herself confirmed this with me afteri saw in a website that this song was credited to her.

Guys, i take this opportunity to share my contribution, nothing great, but its worth allot for Madhushree's fans...

The video, Unakkul Naan - Pacchaikilimuthucharam, Music by Harris Jeyaraj, Movie by Gautham, had used Bombay Jayashree's version for the film, but they released Madhushree's version along in the audio CD.

So i edited the video, and inserted Madhushree's version in,in the result is magical!! i really feel Madhushree's version is the perfect match. Do check it out & share ur taughts...!!!

Lets discuss on Madhushree's songs aswell!!

Unakkul Naan Video [ Madhushree ] :

Youtube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAZZPb8Ym8w
[html:607a836c7f]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AAZZPb8Ym8w&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AAZZPb8Ym8w&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/html:607a836c7f]

Some of Madhushree's Tamil songs :

1.Ding Dong - Ji
2.Perunthil - Pori
3.Vaaji Vaaji - Sivaji
4.Unakkul Naan - Pachhaikilimuthucharam
5.Kanavile - Aaha Ethanai Azhagu
6.Mayilirage - Ah Aah
7.Ivana Yuvana - Kokki
8.Yelo Yelo - Kokki
9.Pani Vizhum Kaalam - Manathodu Mazhaikalam
10.Kaviriya - Desam
11.Puliya Kili Jeicha - Veerappu
12.Kanava - Thambi
13.Paisa Paisa - Guru
14.Kannan Varum Velai - Deepavali
15.Sanjaram - Kannamoochi Yennada
16.Nee Nee Nee - Macchakaran
17.Vaigasi Nilave - Unnale Unnale
18.Ragasiya Kanavugal - Bheema
19.Oru Kalavani - Lee
20.Ithukuthaana - Thirumagan
21.Thatthi Thatthi - Thirumagan
22.Uyire En Uyire - Aadatha Aattamellam
23.Thai Sonna Thalathu - Desam
24.Sandhai Kozhi - Aayitha Ezhutu
25.Pidikum - Alwar

dinesh2002
26th October 2007, 04:24 PM
check out her number Nee Nee Nee with Hariharan - Macchakaran. awesome!!!

after Vaaji Vaaji, i notice this combo is becoming a hit [Hariharan + Madhushree].

selvakumar
26th October 2007, 06:20 PM
Indha aunty thaan madhushree yaaa ? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Are anti-Madhushree friends allowed post here ? :P :P

dinesh2002
26th October 2007, 07:26 PM
Indha aunty thaan madhushree yaaa ? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Are anti-Madhushree friends allowed post here ? :P :P

ade paavingala... aunty va?? :lol: :lol:

sure.... as long there is discussion on her .... :) ...

just no personal attacks like u just did...'aunty' and such.... :)

selvakumar
26th October 2007, 07:49 PM

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
that was just a casual comment on the picture posted :)
Anyway, based on TFM history, I think there won't be any discussions on her.. But some bashing will be there :)

Her voice is her asset. But not a voice that will be idle for tamil :) ;)

dinesh2002
26th October 2007, 08:59 PM

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
that was just a casual comment on the picture posted :)
Anyway, based on TFM history, I think there won't be any discussions on her.. But some bashing will be there :)

Her voice is her asset. But not a voice that will be idle for tamil :) ;)

just kidding buddy... :lol: :lol: :lol: u should knw i was joking ;)

hmm... mabby we should give her sometime... but she can alwiz be remembered for her super hits like Mayilirage, Vaaji Vaaji, Perunthil & Ding Dong....

Sanguine Sridhar
26th October 2007, 10:53 PM
Oh indha 'amma' thaan Madhusree-ya :roll:

Dragun
27th October 2007, 03:40 AM
She's a very good singer in Hindi, but pretty bad in Tamil.

Wibha
27th October 2007, 05:35 AM
madhushree kum thread-a? :shock:

yaaravudhu modhalla tamizh prnounciations katthu kudukanum :banghead: :banghead:

her voice is okay but wen she takes a higher note :| oh god wat a fake voice :banghead: her voice kinda frustrates a person and gets annoying :x

dinesh2002
27th October 2007, 06:39 PM
listen to her Nee Nee Nee number... awesome song!!! :D :D !!

dinesh2002
27th October 2007, 06:41 PM
madhushree kum thread-a? :shock:

yaaravudhu modhalla tamizh prnounciations katthu kudukanum :banghead: :banghead:

her voice is okay but wen she takes a higher note :| oh god wat a fake voice :banghead: her voice kinda frustrates a person and gets annoying :x

Tamizh sometime bad thaan.... but her voice annoys people...??!! how come??? if thats the case, Mds wont be signing her to sing their songs isnt it? ! i notice she has many hits in her list [tamil]....

Yathu
28th October 2007, 05:58 PM
Her voice is ok, but it does tend to get a little screechy sometimes! Yeah shes defo given some hit numbers in Tamil, my fave being Vaaji Vaaji, she was brilliant in that!

IMO, the best female singer at the moment is defo Shreya Ghosal. SHES THE BEST! :D When she sang the Munbe Vaa solo in the FilmFare awards.....omg, that was beautiful! (Did anyone see Vijay's face whilst she was singing? He was in total shock at how beautifully she sang live!)

A.ANAND
29th October 2007, 09:39 AM
tamil makkal romba 'kadamai'pattirukkanum antha ammma tamil ucharippu kettu!tamil-lukku romba sevai seitha punniyavathi avangga :lol:

krithivasan
17th November 2007, 03:33 AM
I am a fan of madhu ...sexy voice, has sung top songs

dinesh2002
17th November 2007, 06:19 AM

FINALLY !!!!! welcome to the club buddy!!!! 8-)

karthik_sa2
17th November 2007, 12:50 PM
krithivasan wrote:

FINALLY !!!!! welcome to the club buddy!!!!

think this is by madhushree herself.. :lol:

imo her voice is also not good her tamil is also not good..but only such singers suceed these days

dinesh2002
19th November 2007, 07:21 PM
krithivasan wrote:

FINALLY !!!!! welcome to the club buddy!!!!

think this is by madhushree herself.. :lol:

imo her voice is also not good her tamil is also not good..but only such singers suceed these days

hahaha..... yea...even ur fav ripping " Raaja " asigns her voice often these days in his album.... what a damb boy ur "raaja' huh??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

littlemaster1982
19th November 2007, 10:48 PM
Her voice is definitely good. Sounds very rich. If she takes care of her pronounciation, I would become a fan of her :D

karthik_sa2
20th November 2007, 12:33 AM
hahaha..... yea...even ur fav ripping " Raaja " asigns her voice often these days in his album.... what a damb boy ur "raaja' huh???

dinesh better grow up dude...everbody has their own taste. may be our whipping-boy raaja likes her voice ... infact it is ur numb arr who started giving her more chances

dinesh2002
20th November 2007, 03:31 PM
hahaha..... yea...even ur fav ripping " Raaja " asigns her voice often these days in his album.... what a damb boy ur "raaja' huh???

dinesh better grow up dude...everbody has their own taste. may be our whipping-boy raaja likes her voice ... infact it is ur numb arr who started giving her more chances

look who is talking.... :lol:

dinesh2002
20th November 2007, 03:33 PM
Her voice is definitely good. Sounds very rich. If she takes care of her pronounciation, I would become a fan of her :D

her pronounciation isnt that bad... though some songs it might be obvious, but notice her tamil is really good in Vaaji Vaaji, Ding Dong, Unakkul Naan, Perunthil ....... just to name a few..... the worse would be Kaaviriya - Desam...

karthik_sa2
20th November 2007, 05:01 PM
look who is talking....

when u r allowed to talk all sorts of non sense am sure am allowed to talk too atlest with some sense :poke: [/quote]

dinesh2002
20th November 2007, 05:03 PM
look who is talking....

when u r allowed to talk all sorts of non sense am sure am allowed to talk too atlest with some sense :poke: [/quote]

u sure bout the connection ?? [u & talking sense] ??? :lol: yosinge nanba ... :P

dinesh2002
20th November 2007, 05:20 PM
check out the BGM of ATM which has Madhushree humming... the basic kelamal tune.... beautiful!!

and another her best bgm is the theme for Rani in Boys ...... awesome...!!!!!!!!! check out her voice there.... surely u will love her.... from there u will know y her voice is magic :) .... will be back with the BGM..... :)

karthik_sa2
20th November 2007, 05:57 PM
u sure bout the connection ?? [u & talking sense] ??? yosinge nanba ...

may be am not sure about that ...but starting a thread for a singer like madhusree<u r the only one posting in this thraed>that too appreciating her to the highest level doing reserches clearly shows ur connection ....not with sense but with total absurdity...keep them coming..one day this thraed will hold a recoed for highest number of posts<posted only by u>...that day u can just have a look of all ur posts and can make sure the connection i said above is abs true.... :lol:

karthik_sa2
20th November 2007, 06:19 PM
neenga thaniya andha record'ku paadupadunga...am signing off from this thread :yessir:

dinesh2002
20th November 2007, 06:52 PM
karthik....tsk tsk tsk...try harder next time... those phrases aint gonna work nemore.... try it on some1 ur own age... 10?? ;) ...

good... signing off va? no one in the 1st place wanted u here .... take care :wave:

dinesh2002
20th November 2007, 07:04 PM
here is the link to the Boys BGM by Madhushree .....

check out ARR's creativity & Madhushree's excellent renderation ..... and still some jokers can say ARR isnt good at BGM ...... :roll:

Link : http://www.MegaShare.com/311919

if anyone ever notice, after ARR used this particular loop for this theme, almost all the MDs in Tamil Film Industry has used it too ..... i hear it almost in every film lately.....

dinesh2002
5th January 2008, 04:35 PM
[tscii:752d44d70d]Vote for Madhushree & Sachin Tyagi in Jjoom-India at Sahara One

Vote for our Madhushree ....

WILD CARD ENTRANT

Madhushree

With a voice that can render the purest classical compositions and also experiment with other genres, Madhushree is the embodiment of versatility. She has had the good fortune of performing with some of the legends of the music industry like A.R.Rahman, Udit Narain, Hariharan, Sukhvinder Singh, Shankar Mahadevan, Alka Yagnik, Chitra, Sadhna Sargam, to name a few.

Sachin Tyagi

Sachin Tyagi started his career with the extremely popular serial on Star One, “Family Business”, where he played an Al Pacino-like character. He has also acted in serials like Saarthi, Saara Akaash, Tumhari Dishaa, Solaah Singgar and Kajaal. He is a trained singer and has done number of shows in India and abroad.

To Vote for Madhushree & Sachin Tyagi sms sji 05 to 59090
BSNL users dial 1862 424 9090 05

Vote guys !!! :D

http://www.jhoomindia.in/thejodis.aspx?jodiid=JI05[/tscii:752d44d70d]

dinesh2002
15th March 2008, 01:35 PM
do check out my blog for this Goddess.

http://madhushree-mania.blogspot.com/

do comment there yea......

dinesh2002
6th August 2008, 02:07 PM
http://madhushree-mania.blogspot.com/2008/07/lagi-lagan-song-samples-here-listen-to.html

Madhushree's Latest Private Album [Lagi Lagan] Song Samples... click on link above to listen to the samples..... They r amazing, Madhushree sounds just too good in these songs......

Awsome numbers, esp Barsaan Lagi, Manat Rahi, Babul Mora, and Ayena Baalam.....

Album will be released by A.R.Rahman soon...... [source : Madhushree's Official Website : http://www.madhushree.com/ ]

dinesh2002
8th August 2008, 09:36 AM
Her "Lagi Lagi " video song.... its a song from her private album, Lagi Lagan......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9APM9ypTRD4

dinesh2002
17th August 2008, 11:08 AM
Madhushree's Lagi Lagan - Piya Lagi Video Song

Its a beautiful song with beautiful picturisation... do not miss it...

http://madhushree-mania.blogspot.com/2008/08/madhushrees-lagi-lagan-piya-lagi-video.html

dinesh2002
17th August 2008, 11:09 AM
Madhushree Promoting Lagi Lagan Album - On Release Day

Check out Madhushree singing some lines from her album songs.... u wont wanna miss this album.... and she sings for us a few lines from Vaaji Vaaji song too :D

http://madhushree-mania.blogspot.com/2008/08/madhushree-promoting-lagi-lagan-album.html

dinesh2002
2nd November 2009, 05:14 PM
Today [2nd November] is Madhushree's Birthday. Happy Birthday Madhushree...

R.Latha
25th February 2012, 09:17 PM
A familiar voice in Rahman’s composition Sujata Bhattacharya a.k.a Madhushree who shot to fame with her single 'Kabhi Neem Neem' (Yuva) has recently crooned a duet with legendary composer for Ekk Deewana Tha.

The classical trained singer from Kolkata has earned gamut of bollywood hits like ‘In Lamhaon ke damaan mein (Jodha Akbar), Pal Pal Hai Bhaari (Swades), Tu Bin Bataye (RDB), Hum Hai Is Pal (Kisna) and more’.

The singer has also rendered tracks in other regional languages including Tamil. In a quick tete the petite singer shares her experience on recording her first full-fledged duet 'Sharminda Hoon' with Rahman.

Excerpts:

How was the experience of working with AR Rahman for Ekk Deewana Tha?

Rahman is the music director who guided me in this industry, his style of working always fascinates me. The experience was magical like the compositions for 'Ekk Tha Deewana' which oozed romance with every note. I feel honoured that he has faith in my singing and he involves me in his projects.

Tell us about your duet ‘Sharminda Hoon’.

Sharminda Hoon is my first full-fledged duet with Rahman. It’s a romantic melody with the subtle variations in the heart rendering orchestration and musical arrangements. The lyrics penned by Javed Saab takes the song to a different level. The song produces sheer magic which only a legend like Rahman could conjure up. I just hope we get to sing such songs as often as possible.

You have been associated with Rahman for over an decade. How has he evolved over the years. Comment

Over the decade his treatment and arrangement of the songs has evolved and his music in Rockstar is a proof. Rahman has learnt to move with the times and has become quite media savvy. He now seems to know a lot more about camera angles and the way he projects himself.

Apart from Rahman, which other composers would you like to collaborate with?

Every composer today has a different style Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy, Vishal-Shekhar, Salim-Suleiman, Pritam, Soheil Sen or anybody else. I would love to sing their compositions for their sheer variety.

How has your musical journey been?

It has been an enriching period; I got to learn a lot of things. My journey is still going on. I am looking forward to work on challenging compositions with renowned music directors in the coming years.

Ironically item numbers have become rage in Hindi films. As a trained classical singer, what’s your reaction on the recent Bollywood trends?

Item songs are part of a movie today. Now, even the topmost stars do not hesitate to do such songs. So people have to move with the times. It’s now the race for item songs as previously it was for romantic songs. Every situation demands a different type of song.

Which are your future ventures?

I’m working on some exciting projects, but as of now things are very unpredictable in this field. I would talk about it when things are finalized and set for a release. But yes, I’ll be singing a lot more songs this year.