PDA

View Full Version : A || Marmayogi | Kamal Hassan ||

Pages : 1 [2]

MADDY
7th February 2008, 12:33 PM
http://www.rediff.com/movies/rahman08.html

link for ARR chat in rediff....you need to put in questions early........

SoftSword
7th February 2008, 12:53 PM
yaaravadhu rediff'ku message panna poraanga...
"verum ARR chat'nu podadheenga...
so-and-so's MD ARR chat live" nu podunga...
apdinu...

:P
j/k...

Devar Magan
7th February 2008, 01:27 PM
rediff chat-la arr kitta neengale kelunga.. enna sollraarunu paappom

SoftSword
7th February 2008, 01:29 PM
DM..
itthana varusham avartta kaekka saetthu vech precious questions neraya irukku...
adha kaekkavae time patthadhu...

Devar Magan
7th February 2008, 01:29 PM
its ARR albums section in the hub.. all albums that are going to be discussed here will have music by ARR>.. then why do u need ARR's name in the title of thread..

SoftSword
7th February 2008, 01:35 PM
its ARR albums section in the hub.. all albums that are going to be discussed here will have music by ARR>.. then why do u need ARR's name in the title of thread..

apdi pottalae, pala per idha kmal discussion'a matthidreenga....
remember the disc happd about kamals direction vs herosim... courtesy thilak, rs and others...
idhula ARR'nu title'a podama vitta, apram, GV prakash is the best'nu kooda pesinaalum pesuveenga... :P

adhu sari...
enna logic idhu..

Dasavadharam'nu sonna, kamal padam theriyaadhavanga irukkangala enna...
apdi irukkappovae enga doubt vandhirumonu, "kaalaikadavul DR. Kamal haasar's Dhasaavadhaaram"nu podreenga...
inga ipdi kaelvi kaekkureenga...

namakkuna oru sattam...
matthavangana oru edhirpaarrpu...

crajkumar_be
8th February 2008, 06:09 PM
EKDMI!!!

SoftSword
8th February 2008, 06:12 PM
EKDMI!!!

enna aachu bala sir...?

thineshan54321
9th February 2008, 02:57 AM
EKDMI!!!

he is disgracing kamal and his fans with his statements

Devar Magan
9th February 2008, 03:48 AM
:rotfl:

Devar Magan
9th February 2008, 03:49 AM

problem ennanu puriyaamal olarathula ARR fans thaan top.. :clap:

thineshan54321
9th February 2008, 04:26 AM

:lol: :lol: nice one! u hit the nail on the head... :arrow: with a piece of styrofoam! :lol:

crajkumar_be
9th February 2008, 06:48 AM
EKDMI!!!

Actually i partly agree!

thilak4life
9th February 2008, 02:37 PM
EKDMI!!!

Actually i partly agree!

Okay, then what should we say about people getting judgmental about Kamal, for example? Isn't it disgraceful to get personal? What if he doesn't pick Rahman, still that doesn't give the license to conspire and conjure the negativity, right? Surely Rahman fans like Maddy, myself and few others haven't lost our sleep or peace, why should a Rahman fan sweat in any case? Why don't we wait for the official confirmation? I'll have a double celebration if that happens, even if it doesn't, then nothing's lost. They are both talented of producing with/without each other, it's just that the combo is fascinating on paper. So, it's high time people to getting all heated up regarding this. My two cents..

crajkumar_be
9th February 2008, 02:45 PM
Okay, then what should we say about people getting judgmental about Kamal, for example? Isn't it disgraceful to get personal? What if he doesn't pick Rahman, still that doesn't give the license to conspire and conjure the negativity, right? Surely Rahman fans like Maddy, myself and few others haven't lost our sleep or peace, why should a Rahman fan sweat in any case? Why don't we wait for the official confirmation? I'll have a double celebration if that happens, even if it doesn't, then nothing's lost. They are both talented of producing with/without each other, it's just that the combo is fascinating on paper. So, it's high time people to getting all heated up regarding this. My two cents..
Well,there doesn't seem to be much that can be done as in this section, i guess everyone is allowed to bash Kamal. Reporting to mods doesn't seem to work.

Someone is calling Kamal "arrogant, stubborn" and all and sundry are passing judgments about his "reputation", and a whole discourse was happening on Kamal-bashing under the pretext of "discussing" so-called unwanted scenes etc...

Still, IMO DM shouldn't have made certain posts that he did in this thread...

thilak4life
9th February 2008, 06:01 PM
Well,there doesn't seem to be much that can be done as in this section, i guess everyone is allowed to bash Kamal. Reporting to mods doesn't seem to work.

Someone is calling Kamal "arrogant, stubborn" and all and sundry are passing judgments about his "reputation", and a whole discourse was happening on Kamal-bashing under the pretext of "discussing" so-called unwanted scenes etc...

:exactly: I suggest them to look at Tamil films section. When someone questioned Rahman's thamizh-ism, didn't we all disagree, and argue to not get judgmental about it? Totally opposite to the trolling thats supported and let loose here. :banghead:

thilak4life
9th February 2008, 06:05 PM
Still, IMO DM shouldn't have made certain posts that he did in this thread...

I know what posts you're referring to. I agree that he could have done without them. And moreover, after every DM post, there's a gang out there who would jump at sight. And, sometimes when he's making his own personal stance, they rarely comment on the "stance", but use it to conjure their anti-Kamal propaganda. In that respect, he is susceptible of feeding the trolls.

Ramakrishna
10th February 2008, 08:33 AM

MODS, i think this is getting very irritating - i dont want to hear advices/mockery from kamal fans and ajith fans here.......idhellam romba over.......can we get our space here? thanks

and guys, lets wait till official confirmation - if its not happening - lets quietly delete this thread and move on.......

MADDY
10th February 2008, 08:58 AM
:exactly: I suggest them to look at Tamil films section. When someone questioned Rahman's thamizh-ism, didn't we all disagree, and argue to not get judgmental about it? Totally opposite to the trolling thats supported and let loose here. :banghead:

we were grateful for that, but i happened to see some of kamal threads in orkut - where there has been serious bad words used on ARR...........thilak, as long as kamal fans just stay kamal fans - its cool, but if they want to come here as IR fans - then hey, its not fair.......

guys, wat CR/thilak say is also right, summa, we shouldnt bash kamal here........we all know he is a IR fan - lets understand it, respect it - forget it.........

prasana84
10th February 2008, 01:06 PM

we were grateful for that, but i happened to see some of kamal threads in orkut - where there has been serious bad words used on ARR...........thilak, as long as kamal fans just stay kamal fans - its cool, but if they want to come here as IR fans - then hey, its not fair.......

guys, wat CR/thilak say is also right, summa, we shouldnt bash kamal here........we all know he is a IR fan - lets understand it, respect it - forget it.........
Yaru ena pesinalum namma allu valanthutey iruparu. He is more popular than kamal and ir which means his talent has been accepted more than the other two. so jealous ppl will shout at us :lol:

MADDY
10th February 2008, 02:48 PM
Yaru ena pesinalum namma allu valanthutey iruparu. He is more popular than kamal and ir which means his talent has been accepted more than the other two. so jealous ppl will shout at us :lol:

ayyo konja neram summa irungappa :oops: ..............we shuldnt undermine kamal without any reason...........

prasana84
10th February 2008, 09:43 PM

ayyo konja neram summa irungappa :oops: ..............we shuldnt undermine kamal without any reason...........
Nirathanum ellathaiyum neruthanum. Avangala arr kalaikuratha nerutha solunga nanum neruthurain

A.ANAND
12th February 2008, 04:09 PM
i think kamal and arr combo for marmayogi is 99% conferm.
i read in vannathirai magazine today.so wait n c!

sat_srini
28th March 2008, 02:34 AM
[tscii:84b5afc38e]Interesting interview. Should dispel some rumours that have been floating around

‘Himesh was a business choice’

Kamal Hassan gets candid about Dasavatharam, Rajnikant and Himesh Reshammiya

Kunal M Shah

Was it difficult to play ten roles in Dasavatharam?
It has been done before. We have just added a number. Haribhai (Sanjeev Kumar) has played nine roles in a film, which was originally done by Shivajisaab in Tamil as Navratri. So we took it from there but we didn't want to do a remake. I came up with an original idea and storyline. I started talking to a few directors and then I found K S Ravikumar and he believed in it. I guess after that everything fell in place.

It took a long time to conceive?
The basic thing was that all of us, especially the director and I, had to decide to concentrate on just this film and we were ready to face the lack of averages. We both could have done four films each in these two years instead of Dasavatharam, but I must say that it was quite rewarding. The producer is already assured of making twice the money he has spent in Tamil Nadu itself and that's quite an achievement.

It is said to be the costliest film in Tamil Nadu.
Yes it is the costliest film in the Tamil film industry. It has already managed to break even. I just hope that now it lives up to the expectation of audiences. It is a costly film as its stars, music director and the director are being paid a lot. The best part is that the producer was smiling at the start of the film and he still is smiling when it's complete - which is very rare.

What are the ten different roles that you are playing?
(Laughs). It is like asking a magician what's behind your hand. The ten different roles are the USP of the film and I would not like to spoil the fun by answering this question. The only thing that I can tell you is that it is a global film, probably not the first in the country, but truly global. It not only crosses geographical borders but also timelines. It goes back to 12th century and even goes forward without confusing the audiences. It does not pretend to be cerebral and gives you a lot of entertainment.

Your last two Hindi films have not done well here. Are you confident of this film's success?
It has already made its money. So it has already crossed the danger line and that's why I said that everybody is smiling which is very rare.

A. R. Rahman walked out of the film.
He did not walk out of the film but he could not spend time on the film. He could not give us time, and we could not wait any longer and had to make a choice. So, we looked around and since we also had a Hindi film in mind, we went to Himesh Reshammiya. It was just a business choice and when you see the film, you will know that it works for us. I must say that Himesh did surprise me in the first music sitting itself.

You were not very confident of Himesh earlier.
It's not that I looked down upon him but yes, I wouldn't have agreed to him doing the music at an earlier point. But he gave us what we wanted and that too in a very short time. I have no complaints now, whatsoever.

You could have gone to your old associate Illayraja.
It was a business decision by the producer and I had no say in it.

A still from Dasavatharam
There is always this talk about a war between you and Rajnikant over who is supreme in the South industry.
(Laughs) We decided to wage this war when we were very young. We always meet and take each other's opinion about each other's work. We give advice to each other too - though we don't necessarily follow it. I always tell him what I am going to do next. So does he. We work like a team.

Does that mean you do not compete with each other?
Of course we do, but I respect his work and he respects me for what I am. We are competitors. But we don't have any animosity between us and if it ever creeps in, we see to it that it does not continue for long. Whenever we have a misunderstanding, we clear it and don't let it fester.

Is your relationship governed by the fact that you both share the same godfather in K. Balchandran?
Yes, that's true. It is as if we both went to the same college. We both are just one phone call away from each other and we always have a quick conversation and never let ego come between us in any way.

But does it pressurise you when his film and your film are up for release together - as in the case of Sivaji and Dasavatharam this time?
I guess the media plays it up. I think I play cricket and he plays football. It is not even the same field. We may be in the same arena but we play two different games.

Jackie Chan is coming down for the music release of the film?
The producer Oscar is an old friend of Jackie and it is because of him that Jackie is coming down.

There were talks that the producer had to spend Rs 2 crore because Mallika Sherawat didn't get a US visa at the last minute.
No, it was not because of her visa. It was because our schedule went haywire in Malaysia and we didn't know about it. We had to shift the whole shoot to US, but I guess these things happen.

Coming back to Rajnikant, there are talks that you both will be doing a film together soon?
We have been talking about that for 25 years now but I don't see it happening in the near future. We would love to do it but it's not possible.

Why?
It would be too costly to have us both in one film. Imagine spending the budget of the biggest Hindi film on just two stars' payment. I think it would be completely unfair.

But Mani Ratnam had a project for you two.
It was not for both of us acting together, but for one producing and one acting. Rajnikant and I act together? If Rajnikant and I act together what will be left to make the film with?

Your daughter Shruti is all set to make her debut in Hindi film industry.
She is talking about it and I don't know what decision she is going to take. She has been asking for scripts and looking at various banners and is waiting for the right project.

Do you advice her since you have been part of the Hindi film industry for a long time?
No, I don't give advice. I didn't like too much of advice as an youth myself. At the end of the day it's her own decision.

You have signed Hema Malini for your next film. Tell us more about the film.
Yes, I have signed her for the film. All I can say right now is that it's a period film set in the 7th century. It will be a bi-lingual in Hindi and Tamil and I am writing the entire script in Tamil and Atul Tiwari is writing it in Hindi. Rahman will score the music.

Do you keep in touch with your old friends from Bollywood?
Yes I do. In fact last week, I met Rishi Kapoor and his son. I love meeting them provided they have the time. I always keep track of Hindi films and watch them regularly.

Lastly, what do you think went wrong with your career here in Hindi film industry?
Nothing at all. I didn't work in too many films in the first place and when I did, they did well. I chose to go back to doing Tamil films as things were better there. Now is the right time to come back and those who choose to come back never really go away…

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&sectid=30&contentid=2008032820080328022706233edca6322

[/tscii:84b5afc38e]

Ramakrishna
28th March 2008, 02:33 PM
[
Yes, I have signed her for the film. All I can say right now is that it's a period film set in the 7th century. It will be a bi-lingual in Hindi and Tamil and I am writing the entire script in Tamil and Atul Tiwari is writing it in Hindi. Rahman will score the music.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&sectid=30&contentid=2008032820080328022706233edca6322

[/tscii]

:clap:

A.ANAND
28th March 2008, 03:00 PM
:swinghead: :D

kb
28th March 2008, 11:15 PM
:swinghead: :D

adengappa.. vannathirai magazine-a :shock:

thineshan54321
7th May 2008, 09:47 PM
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/may-08-01/kamal-07-05-08.html

Music4Ever
8th May 2008, 09:21 PM
Perhaps Kamal wanted to sing all the songs himself including the female portions and ARR walked out of Dasavatharam because of this headache that Kamal creates for MDs. He he he. Just kidding.

On a serious and factual note, Harris succeeded in keeping Kamal out of singing for Vettaiyadu Vilayadu. Or was it Gautham Menon who decided that enough was enough? Any way, Harris came out unscathed from the experience.

If ARR is the MD of Marmayogi, he should not cave in to Kamal's pressuring tactics. Maybe he can give at most one song for Kamal to sing, and that too along with one other main singer.

Devar Magan
10th May 2008, 03:33 AM
Perhaps Kamal wanted to sing all the songs himself including the female portions and ARR walked out of Dasavatharam because of this headache that Kamal creates for MDs. He he he. Just kidding.

On a serious and factual note, Harris succeeded in keeping Kamal out of singing for Vettaiyadu Vilayadu. Or was it Gautham Menon who decided that enough was enough? Any way, Harris came out unscathed from the experience.

If ARR is the MD of Marmayogi, he should not cave in to Kamal's pressuring tactics. Maybe he can give at most one song for Kamal to sing, and that too along with one other main singer. vaayila irunthu asingamaa varuthu.. :evil: :twisted:

Kamal is one of the best singers ever..

oola nariya pola kathuravan illada enga aandavan.. 8-)

A.ANAND
11th May 2008, 04:27 PM

If ARR is the MD of Marmayogi, he should not cave in to Kamal's pressuring tactics. Maybe he can give at most one song for Kamal to sing, and that too along with one other main singer. vaayila irunthu asingamaa varuthu.. :evil: :twisted:

Kamal is one of the best singers ever..

oola nariya pola kathuravan illada enga aandavan.. 8-)
:lol: :lol: tho...vanthutaraiyya..aruvala thukki kittu namma' devar annachi ':lol: coool mamu!

baba88
27th May 2008, 11:34 PM
ARR confirmed in a newspaper today that he is working in Marmayogi

A.ANAND
28th May 2008, 07:16 AM
ARR confirmed in a newspaper today that he is working in Marmayogi
which news paper sir!

rayan36
28th May 2008, 06:47 PM
[tscii:4499d88ccc]Interesting interview. Should dispel some rumours that have been floating around

‘Himesh was a business choice’

Kamal Hassan gets candid about Dasavatharam, Rajnikant and Himesh Reshammiya

Kunal M Shah

Was it difficult to play ten roles in Dasavatharam?
It has been done before. We have just added a number. Haribhai (Sanjeev Kumar) has played nine roles in a film, which was originally done by Shivajisaab in Tamil as Navratri. So we took it from there but we didn't want to do a remake. I came up with an original idea and storyline. I started talking to a few directors and then I found K S Ravikumar and he believed in it. I guess after that everything fell in place.

It took a long time to conceive?
The basic thing was that all of us, especially the director and I, had to decide to concentrate on just this film and we were ready to face the lack of averages. We both could have done four films each in these two years instead of Dasavatharam, but I must say that it was quite rewarding. The producer is already assured of making twice the money he has spent in Tamil Nadu itself and that's quite an achievement.

It is said to be the costliest film in Tamil Nadu.
Yes it is the costliest film in the Tamil film industry. It has already managed to break even. I just hope that now it lives up to the expectation of audiences. It is a costly film as its stars, music director and the director are being paid a lot. The best part is that the producer was smiling at the start of the film and he still is smiling when it's complete - which is very rare.

What are the ten different roles that you are playing?
(Laughs). It is like asking a magician what's behind your hand. The ten different roles are the USP of the film and I would not like to spoil the fun by answering this question. The only thing that I can tell you is that it is a global film, probably not the first in the country, but truly global. It not only crosses geographical borders but also timelines. It goes back to 12th century and even goes forward without confusing the audiences. It does not pretend to be cerebral and gives you a lot of entertainment.

Your last two Hindi films have not done well here. Are you confident of this film's success?
It has already made its money. So it has already crossed the danger line and that's why I said that everybody is smiling which is very rare.

A. R. Rahman walked out of the film.
He did not walk out of the film but he could not spend time on the film. He could not give us time, and we could not wait any longer and had to make a choice. So, we looked around and since we also had a Hindi film in mind, we went to Himesh Reshammiya. It was just a business choice and when you see the film, you will know that it works for us. I must say that Himesh did surprise me in the first music sitting itself.

You were not very confident of Himesh earlier.
It's not that I looked down upon him but yes, I wouldn't have agreed to him doing the music at an earlier point. But he gave us what we wanted and that too in a very short time. I have no complaints now, whatsoever.

You could have gone to your old associate Illayraja.
It was a business decision by the producer and I had no say in it.

A still from Dasavatharam
There is always this talk about a war between you and Rajnikant over who is supreme in the South industry.
(Laughs) We decided to wage this war when we were very young. We always meet and take each other's opinion about each other's work. We give advice to each other too - though we don't necessarily follow it. I always tell him what I am going to do next. So does he. We work like a team.

Does that mean you do not compete with each other?
Of course we do, but I respect his work and he respects me for what I am. We are competitors. But we don't have any animosity between us and if it ever creeps in, we see to it that it does not continue for long. Whenever we have a misunderstanding, we clear it and don't let it fester.

Is your relationship governed by the fact that you both share the same godfather in K. Balchandran?
Yes, that's true. It is as if we both went to the same college. We both are just one phone call away from each other and we always have a quick conversation and never let ego come between us in any way.

But does it pressurise you when his film and your film are up for release together - as in the case of Sivaji and Dasavatharam this time?
I guess the media plays it up. I think I play cricket and he plays football. It is not even the same field. We may be in the same arena but we play two different games.

Jackie Chan is coming down for the music release of the film?
The producer Oscar is an old friend of Jackie and it is because of him that Jackie is coming down.

There were talks that the producer had to spend Rs 2 crore because Mallika Sherawat didn't get a US visa at the last minute.
No, it was not because of her visa. It was because our schedule went haywire in Malaysia and we didn't know about it. We had to shift the whole shoot to US, but I guess these things happen.

Coming back to Rajnikant, there are talks that you both will be doing a film together soon?
We have been talking about that for 25 years now but I don't see it happening in the near future. We would love to do it but it's not possible.

Why?
It would be too costly to have us both in one film. Imagine spending the budget of the biggest Hindi film on just two stars' payment. I think it would be completely unfair.

But Mani Ratnam had a project for you two.
It was not for both of us acting together, but for one producing and one acting. Rajnikant and I act together? If Rajnikant and I act together what will be left to make the film with?

Your daughter Shruti is all set to make her debut in Hindi film industry.
She is talking about it and I don't know what decision she is going to take. She has been asking for scripts and looking at various banners and is waiting for the right project.

Do you advice her since you have been part of the Hindi film industry for a long time?
No, I don't give advice. I didn't like too much of advice as an youth myself. At the end of the day it's her own decision.

Do you keep in touch with your old friends from Bollywood?
Yes I do. In fact last week, I met Rishi Kapoor and his son. I love meeting them provided they have the time. I always keep track of Hindi films and watch them regularly.

Lastly, what do you think went wrong with your career here in Hindi film industry?
Nothing at all. I didn't work in too many films in the first place and when I did, they did well. I chose to go back to doing Tamil films as things were better there. Now is the right time to come back and those who choose to come back never really go away…

[/tscii:4499d88ccc]

NOW THIS IS :D NEWS :D HOPE IT WILL MATERIALISE

Ramakrishna
2nd June 2008, 10:32 PM
Rahman turns Producer??????
Rahman-Kamal ink a secret deal?

Now, what is this my sources tell me? Either Rahman is too tired of making just music or he wants to make more money. Methinks it's the latter! Why else would he want to make a film? Yup, you heard it right, music director AR Rahman has finally turned producer. The name of his debut production is said to be Marmayogi. Set in the seventh century, Rahman will co-produce the film with Kamal Haasan.

I am given to believe that Kamal had initially been roped in to produce this film with Bharat Bala Productions and Adlabs. However, things didn't fall into place with the two companies and now Rahman has stepped in. Of course, everyone in showbiz wants to make movies at some point. But I must confess, I couldn't help being surprised when I was told that this could well be the most expensive film in India!

Kamal Haasan will direct and act in Marmayogi and Rahman will compose the music... now that's what I'd call cost-cutting!

http://www.buzz18.com/news/movies/rahmankamal-ink-a-secret-deal/60401/0

Devar Magan
2nd June 2008, 10:58 PM
Enna-Koduma-Buzz18-Ithu :lol:

Ramakrishna
2nd June 2008, 11:01 PM
moola overtime velai seyyuthu pola avangalukku :lol2:

baba88
3rd June 2008, 12:12 AM
Heard that ARR is gonna produce this movie along with Kamal.

Source: ARR GRoup

Dragun
3rd June 2008, 03:33 AM
I somehow doubt this. Next we will get an article saying ARR is co-starring in Marmayogi!

A.ANAND
3rd June 2008, 05:36 AM
I somehow doubt this. Next we will get an article saying ARR is co-starring in Marmayogi!
:lol: okkathu yosippanggalo! :lol:

dinesh2002
3rd June 2008, 07:54 AM
Heard that ARR is gonna produce this movie along with Kamal.

Source: ARR GRoup

The two heavyweights apparently want to make the most expensive film
By Johnny Vaz . Buzz18 Jun 01, 2008
Comments [0] E-mail
Photo by: Yogen Shah

Now, what is this my sources tell me? Either Rahman is too tired of making just music or he wants to make more money. Methinks it's the latter! Why else would he want to make a film? Yup, you heard it right, music director AR Rahman has finally turned producer. The name of his debut production is said to be Marmayogi. Set in the seventh century, Rahman will co-produce the film with Kamal Haasan.

I am given to believe that Kamal had initially been roped in to produce this film with Bharat Bala Productions and Adlabs. However, things didn't fall into place with the two companies and now Rahman has stepped in. Of course, everyone in showbiz wants to make movies at some point. But I must confess, I couldn't help being surprised when I was told that this could well be the most expensive film in India!

Kamal Haasan will direct and act in Marmayogi and Rahman will compose the music... now that's what I'd call cost-cutting!

http://www.buzz18.com/news/movies/rahmankamal-ink-a-secret-deal/60401/0

SoftSword
3rd June 2008, 11:32 AM
its no surprise for me even if this news is true....
as rahman has told in his interviews, he is agreeing for ads for earning more money for his music conservatory....
this is one another way to make money...
i would actually appreaciate this...

thineshan54321
3rd June 2008, 04:43 PM
its no surprise for me even if this news is true....
as rahman has told in his interviews, he is agreeing for ads for earning more money for his music conservatory....
this is one another way to make money...
i would actually appreaciate this...

but as producer wouldnt there be more pressure on ARR? or will someone take care of all that. if arr just supplies money and gets money back, then its all goood!

MrIndia
4th June 2008, 12:17 AM
but as producer wouldnt there be more pressure on ARR? or will someone take care of all that. if arr just supplies money and gets money back, then its all goood!

nogaama nongu thinganumna mudiyuma :roll:

Dragun
4th June 2008, 04:48 AM
If one wants to make money, there are less risky ways than producing a film.

dinesh2002
4th June 2008, 07:06 AM
If one wants to make money, there are less risky ways than producing a film.

esp with a Kamal's direction???? profit???? :lol: :lol: ... i guess Hey Ram slipped out of ARR's mind :lol: .......

im sure Mr. Devar Magan is gonna reply here quite soon..... :lol:

littlemaster1982
4th June 2008, 10:25 AM
Dinesh,

Why should we talk about these things when it is not confirmed yet? Pls edit it. Tired of flame wars these days :|

No offence meant :)

thineshan54321
4th June 2008, 10:13 PM
i am very sure ARR will not be producing this film. there is no way he will want to invest that kinda time to this. just media tricks again.

Ramakrishna
5th June 2008, 11:02 PM
http://www.glamsham.com/movies/scoops/08/jun/05-rahman-turns-producer-with-maramyogi-060806.asp

Rahman turns producer with MARAMYOGI

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
June 5, 2008 7:56:16 PM IST
Rachana, Bollywood Trade News Network

The music maestro A R Rahman seems to be in a mood to add a new feather to his cap.

According to the grapevine ace music director Rahman who enchanted souls with his melodious music is now gearing up to step into the producers� shoes. The buzz is that A R Rahman has now turned producer. In fact he has signed none other than Kamal Hassan to direct and act for his film tentatively titled MARAMYOGI.

Rahamn will also compose music for his home production MARAMYOGI. The film will be made in Hindi and later on dubbed in other regional Languages.

Music4Ever
6th June 2008, 04:59 AM
And I thought that Rahman was relieved of 7-1/2 year Saturn effect only last year (If he was born on 6-1-66, his moon sign is Gemini, and Gemini moons got relief from the Saturn effect last year.)! Strange alliance, this. And that too in Hindi, where his brand name, arguably, sells more than Kamal. Why Rahman, why? Explain yourself.

thineshan54321
6th June 2008, 08:49 AM
And I thought that Rahman was relieved of 7-1/2 year Saturn effect only last year (If he was born on 6-1-66, his moon sign is Gemini, and Gemini moons got relief from the Saturn effect last year.)! Strange alliance, this. And that too in Hindi, where his brand name, arguably, sells more than Kamal. Why Rahman, why? Explain yourself.

hey music4ever, whats the problem? u dont think he should be a producer?

Ramakrishna
7th June 2008, 12:27 AM
[tscii:13a60ae5a3]Kamal Hassan woos A R Rahman

Kamal Hassan finally signs music maestro AR Rahman for his home production, Marmayogi . It is going to be Kamal Hassan’s next venture after Dashavtaram . Kamal himself will co-produce, direct and act in this film.

Rahman was in Mumbai for a short visit, when he revealed his next venture. A smiling Rahman in a black suit discloses, “It’s strange, but Kamal and I have never worked together. We stay in the same city, work in the same industry, but we have never got an opportunity to work together. But this is an interesting project and I will be working on the tracks as soon as I reach Chennai.”

However there were several rumours doing the rounds about Rahman turning into a film producer. This question actually got the composer to burst out laughing. He retorts, “Me and produce films? When will I compose music if I am dealing with production hassles? Even I have heard that I have approached Aamir Khan and Kamal Hassan to direct a film for me. Well, it is utter rubbish. I am not trying my hands at screenplay either. I will leave that to the experts.”

It can be recalled that before this, Kamal Hassan’s film was backed by Bharat Bala Production along with Adlabs. Though Marmayogi will be made in Hindi it will be dubbed in Tamil and Telugu. [/tscii:13a60ae5a3]

baba88
7th June 2008, 03:56 AM
I remember that Kamal only works with ARR because the co producers of the movie insisted on that.

Ramakrishna
13th June 2008, 02:06 PM
http://www.ndtv.com/convergence/ndtv/videopod/default.aspx

In this kamal interview, kamal mentions about ARR. He says he wanted ARR for DASA becoz he felt ARR was more sensible, more open etc.. and also clarified that he couldn't do DASA becos he was stuck with other projects and was too busy.

Mahen
14th June 2008, 08:54 AM

In this kamal interview, kamal mentions about ARR. He says he wanted ARR for DASA becoz he felt ARR was more sensible, more open etc.. and also clarified that he couldn't do DASA becos he was stuck with other projects and was too busy.

Rama, cant find..

Ramakrishna
14th June 2008, 08:39 PM

Rama, cant find..

check from 12:00

Mahen
14th June 2008, 09:05 PM

Rama, cant find..

check from 12:00

Got it..Thanks

Ramakrishna
25th June 2008, 08:45 PM
ARR, Hema in Marmayogi
http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/id/ARR_Hema_in_Marmayogi_16442.html

ARR, Hema in Marmayogi
Prasanna Singh [June 25, 2008, 4:06:53 PM]

Kamal Haasan has selected A.R. Rahman to compose music for Marmayogi. This film is written and directed by Kamal Haasan.

The film will also have Hema Malini. It is said she has confirmed her involvement in the film and even confirmed the dates. She had acted with Kamal Haasan in Andha Kanoon, a Hindi film and she also acted with him in the bilingual Hey Raam

Kamal Haasan and A.R. Rahman had worked together in Indian and Thenali. The music of those films was a hit. Therefore expectations will be higher this time.

crajkumar_be
25th June 2008, 09:59 PM
[tscii:1c13239ba0]
Mozart of Madras in 'Marmayogi'
IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, June 25, 2008]

A R Rahman will team up with Kamal Haasan for 'Marmayogi' and the mega movie will hit the floors next month in Mumbai. The film is written and directed by Kamal Haasan.

This period film set in the sixth century AD features Kamal Haasan in the lead role.

According to a confident Kamal Haasan, 'music would be the mainstay of the movie. I will be joining hands with Rahman for the project. We are sure of creating wonders'.

Kamal Haasan and Rahman had earlier worked together in ‘Indian’ and ‘Thenali’. Both the movies went on to become smash hits. The songs in the films topped the audio charts.

Both Kamal Haasan and A. R. Rahman are known for extensive research in order to get things right. Their combination might just work wonders with rich entertainment value.

[/quote][/tscii:1c13239ba0]

jaiganes
26th June 2008, 02:44 AM
ARR, Hema in Marmayogi
http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/id/ARR_Hema_in_Marmayogi_16442.html

ARR, Hema in Marmayogi
Prasanna Singh [June 25, 2008, 4:06:53 PM]

Kamal Haasan has selected A.R. Rahman to compose music for Marmayogi. This film is written and directed by Kamal Haasan.

The film will also have Hema Malini. It is said she has confirmed her involvement in the film and even confirmed the dates. She had acted with Kamal Haasan in Andha Kanoon, a Hindi film and she also acted with him in the bilingual Hey Raam

Kamal Haasan and A.R. Rahman had worked together in Indian and Thenali. The music of those films was a hit. Therefore expectations will be higher this time.

She acted in the role of Srividya in the hindi remake of Aboorva Ragangal along with Kamal.

Ramakrishna
27th June 2008, 08:35 PM
Taken from Music section...

[tscii:9e0d67084e]posting in allthingskamal blog site confirms ARR is MD for MY - copy pasting the same here:

A R Rahman was honoured with the Life Time Achievement Award by Rotary Club of Madras in Chennai on Tuesday.

Check this link:
http://newstodaynet.com/newsindex.php?id=8621%20&%20section=11

Earlier, an audio-visual was screened which carried congratulatory messages from the who’s who of Tamil film industry.

In his Message To ARR,

KAMALJI spoke “வணக்கம் ரஹ்மான்! இந்த மர்மயோகியை நீங்க இங்கே எதிபார்த்திருக்கமாட்டீங்கன்னு நினைக்கிறேன். மிகக் குறைஞ்ச வயசுல உங்களுக்கு வாழ்நாள் சாதனையாளர் விருது கொடுத்துக் கெளரவிச்சிருக்கு ரோட்டரி கிளப். ஆனா, இந்த விருது இன்னும் 50 வருடங்கள் நீங்கள் பண்ணப்போகும் சாதனைகளுக்காகவும்தான். மீண்டும் மர்மயோகியில் சந்திப்போம்!” என்று கமல்ஹாசன் ‘பன்ச்சோடு’ பேசி முடிக்க, அரங்கமே கைதட்டி ஆர்ப்பரித்தது. காரணம், “மர்மயோகிக்கு” இசை ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் !
(Courtesy: vikatan)

This info confirms that KAMALJI’S next MANGUM OPUS “MARMAYOGI” Music director is A.R.R[/tscii:9e0d67084e]

rayan36
28th June 2008, 10:22 PM
[tscii:e23aae730b]Battlefield of Marmayogi

June 28, 2008

Credible sources from Kollywood say that Kamal Haasan’s Marmayogi is based on the 6th century scenario. It is said that a war scene with the aid of graphics would be shot extravagantly in Switzerland. Also, for the first time in Kollywood Red One camera would be employed to film this scene. It is now official that A.R. Rahman will score the music for

Marmayogi. It is worth mentioning here that just a few days when A.R. Rahman received that Lifetime Achievement Award at function held in Chennai Kamal Haasan, through video conferencing facility congratulated the maestro and parted with the words “Marmayogiyil meendum santhippom.”
[/tscii:e23aae730b]

kumar_tamizhan
4th July 2008, 11:59 PM
Edhu Epaadiyo ,
A.R.R Marmayogi'kku Tamizh Isai Koduthaal Podhum . Had enough with Jodha Akbar , Jaane....Ada.... & all Hindi film music of his .
We want him back as a Tamizhan .

Mahen
5th July 2008, 08:08 AM
Edhu Epaadiyo ,
A.R.R Marmayogi'kku Tamizh Isai Koduthaal Podhum . Had enough with Jodha Akbar , Jaane....Ada.... & all Hindi film music of his .
We want him back as a Tamizhan .

Dont forget COMK, sakkarakatti, robot and sultan :)

kumar_tamizhan
5th July 2008, 02:40 PM
Edhu Epaadiyo ,A.R.R Marmayogi, COMK ,Sakkarakatti , Robot , Sultan'kku Tamizh Isai Koduthaal Podhum . Had more than enough with Jodha Akbar , Jaane....Ada.... & all Hindi film music of his .We want him back as a Tamizhan .

mahen01
6th July 2008, 09:20 AM
I doubt sultan will have songs. Only 4 original tracks in sakkarakati :( Yea we want arr back with more tamil albums.

Ramakrishna
22nd July 2008, 06:00 PM
Kamal Hassan speaks

Actor Kamal Hassan says that his next mega venture Marmayogi is purely a historical subject, which has more scope for music than Dasavatharam. According to the actor, the story of Marmayogi is based on some interesting incidents happened in 7 century.

"There is no History Science mixture in Marmayogi. It is totally a different attempt and it has lot of scope for music, which helps Rehman to play as he like. The initial budget of the film has already crossed Rs.100 crores and I hope it would touch a new high in the history of Indian Cinema. The film will go to floor in August in a grand manner. I don't like to disappoint my media friends by refusing or denying any of their reports on this project."

"As they suggested in their reports, I will launch the movie in Mumbai amidst my Bollywood friends. Why I'm saying like this is, before I read those reports, I didn't have any such idea. Now, I planned to do as they reported!" Kamal says with his typical smile.

When questioned about the mixed responses for his recently released Dasavatharam, the actor says, "Yes, I did some mistakes in Dasavatharam. I never tried to hide those mistakes. But it happens to any creator in such mega projects and the same was happened with me too. That's all. In fact those mistakes help to correct me in my next project."

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/tamil/exclusive/2008/kamal-hassan-marmayogi-210708.html

baba88
22nd July 2008, 09:58 PM
If Marmayogi becomes a full movie like the 12th century scene of Dasavatharam it will be a clear winner. Everybody who watched Dasavatharam appreciated the 12th century scene.

thineshan54321
22nd July 2008, 11:10 PM
If Marmayogi becomes a full movie like the 12th century scene of Dasavatharam it will be a clear winner. Everybody who watched Dasavatharam appreciated the 12th century scene.

ya, that scene was the perfect opening for that movie. amazing scene! i am sure kamal will weave magic and music solave thevela! ARR will define what 7th century music will sound like!

Dragun
23rd July 2008, 05:07 AM
I thought the 12th century scene in Dasavatharam was silly. Kamal bursts in and bashes everyone up. Its one thing for the priest to beat everyone up. Its another to send them flying like in a Vikram action film. I expected something more realistic. But that's a discussion for another thread 8-)

thineshan54321
23rd July 2008, 09:43 AM
I thought the 12th century scene in Dasavatharam was silly. Kamal bursts in and bashes everyone up. Its one thing for the priest to beat everyone up. Its another to send them flying like in a Vikram action film. I expected something more realistic. But that's a discussion for another thread 8-)

after watching all those vijaykanth movies, i am in an impression that people DO infact fly when they are punched and so that part didnt bother me at all :lol: :lol: :lol:

SVN
22nd August 2008, 03:46 PM
So long as Kamal keeps his hands off tacky SFX, shoddy prosthetics and onsessive self-indulgence (Dasavatharam was the worst in all three aspects) and instead focuses on a good script and taught screenplay, he can redeem himself.

This is probably ARR's first Tamil 'period' film and there are high expectations. I sincerely hope that ARR picks good singers who have good Tamil diction and spare us the Sadhanas, Sukhvinders, Adnan Samis and Udit Narayans. It's been ages since we had SPB singing for ARR (and Kamal). Ditto with Jayachandran (who was brilliant in Kannathil Muthamittaal.. his voice hasn't aged). Let's hope ARR is more diligent in his singer selection for this venture.

SVN
22nd August 2008, 03:48 PM
I meant 'taut' screenplay, though I won't be completely off-the-mark when I said 'taught', considering Kamal's reported script-writing training in LA ;)

Ramakrishna
25th August 2008, 11:25 PM
Marmayogi Music Update
my friend(rahmaniac) had gone to rahman's studio yesterday. he said he saw kamal sitting there as marmayogi music composition was going on. 2 songs r completed and one of them is supposedly the title track. kamal and rahman r very happy with the outcome of the songs.

http://www.orkut.co.in/CommMsgs.aspx?cmm=53690&tid=5238339107193005584

Dragun
26th August 2008, 04:45 AM
This is probably ARR's first Tamil 'period' film and there are high expectations. I sincerely hope that ARR picks good singers who have good Tamil diction and spare us the Sadhanas, Sukhvinders, Adnan Samis and Udit Narayans.

You forgot Madhushree.

It's been ages since we had SPB singing for ARR (and Kamal). Ditto with Jayachandran (who was brilliant in Kannathil Muthamittaal.. his voice hasn't aged). Let's hope ARR is more diligent in his singer selection for this venture.

I hope ARR uses Vijay Prakash again. I don't know if he has sung in Tamil, but he is a good singer with a really good voice. He sung Pal Pal Hai Bhari from Swades.

A.ANAND
26th August 2008, 08:24 AM
TRISHA IN MARMAYOGI??

Monday, 25 August , 2008, 18:41

It's not official, but the buzz is that Trisha is going to play heroine to Kamal Hassan in his ambitious big budget extravaganza Marmayogi.

Sources close to the development say that Raj Kamal Films and Pyramid Saimira, the producers of the film will make the official announcement in a few days.

Remember last week Kamal had lashed out at the media for getting hyper about Marmayogi reporting. Kamal in his statement had said- "I am well aware that the respected members of the fourth estate are keen on being the first with the "scoop". We request those who indulge in such inaccurate reporting to contact our respective publicity departments, who will furnish you with accurate information on a need-to-know basis".

Anyway those close to Trisha say that she is very happy these days, because it was always her dream to do a film with her all time favourite actor. They say that the busy actress has agreed to dole out bulk dates for Marmayogi, the shooting will start by mid September and complete in a single schedule.

Actually Trisha had missed out on Dasavatharam, as she could not accommodate her dates for the film. It is a major boost for her to be paired with the living legend of Tamil cinema.

The views expressed in the article are the author's and not of Sify.com.

Thalafanz
26th August 2008, 08:30 AM
Trisha -va??? :shaking: :frightened:

A.ANAND
26th August 2008, 09:17 AM
Trisha -va??? :shaking: :frightened:
:lol: :lol: trisha inna ellarum yenppa ippadi alari odarinnga???

raagas
26th August 2008, 11:01 PM
This is probably ARR's first Tamil 'period' film and there are high expectations.

sorry...ARR did deliver a classic score for a tamil period film called "iruvar".

A.ANAND
18th September 2008, 12:30 PM
[tscii:4a711c2b15]Marmoyogi's shooting set for September 25

Kamal HaasanSharadha Narayanan18 Sep 2008 03:09:00 AM ISTKamal Haasan’s Marmayogi, which was scheduled for an early September launch has been postponed by a month. The movie will be launched in Mumbai on October 18 but the shooting will begin on September 25 itself.

Kamal is both scripting and directing the movie in which he plays the protagonist, while Trisha plays the female lead.

The movie is said to have two other heroines, with Shriya playing the second heroine. The look out for the third heroine is on, and it is said that Padmapriya is being considered for the role.

Hemamalini, who plays a negative role in the movie, has also been finalised and it is now confirmed that talks are on with Amitabh Bachchan for him to feature in an important role in the movie.

The shooting will began at Sedhusamudhram Falls.

Marmayogi is said to be shot in the backdrop of the seventh century. Apparently the different heroines of the film will appear at different points in the movie. Music for Marmayogi is by AR Rahman and two songs have already been completed.

The movie is said to be shot on the trot, with bulk dates being given by both heroines.

Shriya, who has just returned from Bangkok after shooting for Jaggubhai, and Trisha, who is working on Sarvam, will also be part of the photo shoot of the movie which is currently being held in the city. Marmayogi is produced jointly by Raajkamal Films and Pyramid Saimira.

http://www.expressbuzz.com/edition/story.aspx?artid=WYbW9ovRKcA=&Title=Marmoyogis+shooting+set+for+september+25&SectionID=ngGbWGz5Z14=&MainSectionID=wIcBMLGbUJI=&SectionName=pLyKHNhe4lKKa/XKjQRUVw==&SEO=Marmayogi[/tscii:4a711c2b15]

MADDY
5th November 2008, 09:29 PM
MY might be dropped as per some kamal fans....it seems the budget is minimum Rs.140Cr and no production house is ready for that amount.....sun pictures or azhagiri owned production house might save the movie but we have to keep fingers crossed.......pls see MY thread in TF section for further updates

dinesh2002
7th November 2008, 06:45 AM
Marmayogi shelved
Friends,

Sad news. Kamalhaasan has trimmed his beard. It seems like Marmayogi will cost 140+Crores with Kamal's renumeration. PS is in deep financial trouble. They cant fund the project.. seems like Kamal has moved to the next project.. this is said to be big budget gangster action thriller.. it will have music by ARR.. Gemini productions is going to produce the movie.. no idea abt the rest of the cast..

Kamalhaasan is very very upset abt moving out of marmayogi, but he has.. even ARR is very upset it seems. already 3 songs were composed.. one song was like a chant by kamal on lord shiva..

source from KHC!

From Kamal Community ( ORKUT )

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/message/105035

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

rayan36
7th November 2008, 08:11 AM
OH NO...NO....NO...

Scale
7th November 2008, 04:17 PM
This is really Sad! One is KH's involvment and effort and the other is ARR's tamil album rate still bumbles :(

A.ANAND
7th November 2008, 05:06 PM
:ashamed:

pure bliss
7th November 2008, 10:21 PM
tlobs,lagaan,JA,bose mathiri music marmayogi la varum nu nenechen. Poye pochu its gone

Dragun
8th November 2008, 12:22 PM
There's gotta be a way for Kamal to make this for less than 140 crores. That amount is outrageous.

A.ANAND
8th November 2008, 05:40 PM
Is 'Marma Yogi' shelved?
IndiaGlitz [Saturday, November 08, 2008]

Rumors are abuzz that Kamal Haasan's 'Marma Yogi' has been postponed and a movie titled 'Thalaivan Irukiran' would be commenced, which would be enacted and directed by Kamal Haasan himself.

Sources close to the actor denied reports appeared in a section of media that it has been shelved. 'Marma Yogi' has only been postponed and not shelved, they said.

'Marma Yogi' was supposed to hit the floors in the first week of November. Prominent actresses including Shriya and Trisha were roped in for the movie. A joint venture of Pyramid Saimira and Raj Kamal Films Internationals, 'Marma Yogi' was set in sixth century AD for which the musical score would be by A.R.Rahman.

Kamal's production house Raj Kamal Films International has registered a title 'Thalaivan Irukiran.' which is expected to go to floors from January, 2009. Neither the production house nor the star cast has been finalized, the sources further said.

crajkumar_be
9th November 2008, 12:10 PM
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14793441

It is almost certain that the much talked about Kamal Hassan magnum opus Marmayogi has been dropped. Pyramid Saimira who were to jointly produce it with Rajkamal International, is reported to have pulled out of the project due to lack of finance.

Ever since the colossal failure of Kuselan Pyramid Saimira has been caught in a financial crunch out of which it looks seemingly impossible to come out. Kamal, the perfectionist if he has to make Marmayogi can do it only on a huge canvass and that requires big money, nearly Rs 100 crore.

Now the market buzz is that Kamal is starting a new venture Thalaivan Irukkiraan, for Gemini Films Circuit, who had done 'Vasool Raja MBBS' earlier with the star. Gemini is trying to make the film on a budget of Rs 50 to Rs 60 crore, in Tamil, Telugu, Hindi and Malayalam . An offical announcement is expected shortly once the star cast and technicians are firmed up.

As per the rumours making the rounds it is going to be an action packed adventure film to be shot in US and Switzerland. It will have a galaxy of stars from all Indian languages like Rishi Kapoor, Venkatesh and Mohanlal. The film will have music by A R Rahman and will be written and directed by Kamal Hassan.

100 crore-a? appo meedhi??? :evil:

thamizhvaanan
9th November 2008, 06:06 PM
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14793441

It is almost certain that the much talked about Kamal Hassan magnum opus Marmayogi has been dropped. Pyramid Saimira who were to jointly produce it with Rajkamal International, is reported to have pulled out of the project due to lack of finance.

Ever since the colossal failure of Kuselan Pyramid Saimira has been caught in a financial crunch out of which it looks seemingly impossible to come out. Kamal, the perfectionist if he has to make Marmayogi can do it only on a huge canvass and that requires big money, nearly Rs 100 crore.

Now the market buzz is that Kamal is starting a new venture Thalaivan Irukkiraan, for Gemini Films Circuit, who had done 'Vasool Raja MBBS' earlier with the star. Gemini is trying to make the film on a budget of Rs 50 to Rs 60 crore, in Tamil, Telugu, Hindi and Malayalam . An offical announcement is expected shortly once the star cast and technicians are firmed up.

As per the rumours making the rounds it is going to be an action packed adventure film to be shot in US and Switzerland. It will have a galaxy of stars from all Indian languages like Rishi Kapoor, Venkatesh and Mohanlal. The film will have music by A R Rahman and will be written and directed by Kamal Hassan.

100 crore-a? appo meedhi??? :evil:

Yen pa KH ivlo kaasu pottu padam edukkanum? No one can pull out a Dasa kinda collections hereafter... that too it managed with a large dose of commercial elements from KSR and a himalayan hype of KH doing an unprecedented 10 roles.

Epdi yosichalum indha padathula avlo USP illaye... why would anyone want to invest so much? :( I remember reading once, KH admitted that his biggest mistake was having invested so much in Hey ram, and not having made that film... KH doesnt need big bucks to show his mettle as a director

I m very very disappointed that MY is postponed (not much hope :oops: )

A.ANAND
9th November 2008, 06:27 PM
'thalaivan irukiran' vechu manasa thetikunnga tamilzhvaanan sir. :lol:

Thalafanz
9th November 2008, 06:49 PM

Heard it's also a rumour. :?

thamizhvaanan
9th November 2008, 06:57 PM

Thalaivan irukkiran may become a good or great track, but I had really high expectations on MY. Period film, KH direction.. nothing can beat it. ARR seldom gets a big canvas in TFI...

offlate he has just been the poster boy for the films.. restricted to attempt chartbusters all the time for the sake of film's business. If a Newyork nagaram or Munbe vaa comes inbetween, we are just lucky :(

A.ANAND
10th November 2008, 03:15 PM
world economy crisis cinemavaiyum vittu vaikala pola!tsunami mathiri thakikittu irukku!next target 'enthiran' :roll: [yaaro poi vaaya kaluvuda innu sollarathu nalla kekkuthu! :lol: ]

dinesh2002
18th November 2008, 08:56 AM
Marma Yogi is not abandoned!
November 17, 2008
Putting the ever-churning rumor mills to rest, production company Pyramid Saimira convened a press meet at the Devi Sridevi preview theater in Chennai today to throw light on Marma Yogi. Swaminathan, who heads the operations of the Pyramid Saimira, spoke to the press.

He clarified Pyramid Saimira's stand on the issue and refuted rumors that
Kamal

the company is going through a finance crunch that is gripping the global economy. "Saimira's finances are healthy and the company is well insulated against the crisis. We have steady finance flow to be able to fund a 150 crore project," he noted.

He also admitted that Marma Yogi plans are on hold temporarily and Saimira will resume the project once the turbulent world economy has settled. "We have no intentions to abandon the project," he assured.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/nov-08-03/marma-yogi-17-11-08.html

vnkatkumar
19th November 2008, 01:16 PM
This is news to me sorry i posted this stuff in the forum topic on Thalavan irukkiraan
Read this stuff pretty interesting but am not sure if it is true but one of my friends in hyderbad said it sounds true 'cos he also got soe similar info from people working on the sets

http://southside.in/buzz_details.php?buzz_id=72