PDA

View Full Version : Naan Kadavul songs

Pages : 1 [2]

crajkumar_be
6th February 2009, 02:14 PM
raja_fan,

From the TF section

Just came from the movie...

Kadavul 1: Raja sir is the hero of the movie. cant imagine seeing this without his re-recording. songs are inplace..

Kadavul 2: Bala for his casting and characterization

Kadavul 3: camera man .... nice job.

Arya and pooja did their job well.

This is an exact opposite of a vijay movie. I wont recommend the movie for women and children.
Bala has shown his anger on some of the present superstars of tamil cinema at some places.

Bala has done nothing extraordinary for story,screenplay or direction.. he is bold enough to show what is happening in some parts of the world to perfection.

strangely... i liked the movie 8-)

raja_fan
6th February 2009, 02:37 PM
Some comments from sify !

Latest Comments
Showing 1-5 of total 8 messages 1 2

Posted by ramesh on Feb 06,2009 14:22 PM

inspired from a famous chinese movie , lots of flaws after the interval, cinematography could have been better, but when compared to blockbuster villu it is far better, kudos to pooja

Post your Reply | Forward | Report Abuse

Posted by eumarie on Feb 06,2009 14:07 PM

Hats Off to Balasir, arya, pooja and ilayaraja.........great movie

Posted by muruga on Feb 06,2009 14:00 PM

podaaaaaaaaaaa andvanae enga pakkam irukaan

Posted by ganesh on Feb 06,2009 13:41 PM

bala-illayaraja = classic

Posted by Ram on Feb 06,2009 13:36 PM

Just Now I watched the Movie... one word Fantastic, Fabulous.. no words

raja_fan
6th February 2009, 02:40 PM
Pathetic that some people are comparing this film and other Masala films :(

We can ignore their comments safely :)

MrJudge
6th February 2009, 03:04 PM
"In one word, Naan Kadavul is a movie to cherish and celebrate." from Indiaglitz's review (http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/review/8120.html)

raja_fan
6th February 2009, 03:15 PM
"Call it breath-taking, stunning or out-of-the-world. For any amount appreciation would fit well for the movie well."

Adra sakkai..adra sakkai..:D

Hulkster
6th February 2009, 03:17 PM
Raja fan time has come for you to hate bala in the same breath as myskkin...seems only two songs(om sivoham and pichai paathiram) made it to the movie. :lol2: The only other song not in the album but in the film is the one IR added which is supposedly in sanskrit.

raja_fan
6th February 2009, 03:23 PM
What !!!!!!!!!
"Kannil Paarvai" enna aacchu ???

Bala !!!!! grrrrrrrrr

raja_fan
6th February 2009, 03:35 PM
[tscii:79bb51a9a0]
http://news.chennaivision.com/index.php/2009/02/nan-kadavul-review/

"...Nan Kadavul is no doubt Kollywood’s journey to international cinema. Bala has made the film raw and riveting, making it an authentic milestone in his career. "[/tscii:79bb51a9a0]

MrJudge
6th February 2009, 04:51 PM
3 stars (http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-reviews/reviews-2/naan-kadavul.html) from Behindwoods.

Verdict: Brutal depiction of a world unknown

krish244
6th February 2009, 04:52 PM
Scoresheet from chennaivision review.

"Music - 12" (out of 20)

If they say "brilliant music score by maestro Ilayaraja", should they not give atleast 16-18? Even the overall score doesn't reflect their praising the movie. In the process of praising the movie, logic'ai kottai vittuttaanga :)

Just for the sake of doing something new in review, they do all such gimmicks.

thanks,

Krishnan

raja_fan
6th February 2009, 05:43 PM
http://www.luckylookonline.com/

"இளையராஜாவின் இசை படத்தின் பல காட்சிகளை நடத்திச் செல்கிறது. வசனங்கள் இல்லாத இடத்திலும் யாரோ பேசிக்கொண்டிருப்பது போன்றே, கதை சொல்லிக் கொண்டிருப்பது போன்றே ஒரு பிரமை. கோல்டன் க்ளோப், ஆஸ்கர் விருதுகள் தரும் கம்முனாட்டிகள் குழுவுக்கு இப்படி ஒரு மேதை இங்கே இருப்பதாவது தெரியுமா என்பதே சந்தேகம். மேஸ்ட்ரோவுக்கு இணை மேஸ்ட்ரோ மட்டுமே. "

krish244
6th February 2009, 06:27 PM
Rediff review:

http://www.rediff.com/movies/2009/feb/06telugu-review-naan-kadavul.htm

"Recognizing a unique setting, maestro Ilaiyaraja has gone to town with the background score even more than the songs themselves. It is this that adds some richness to the tale. "

"Naan Kadavul is definitely worth a watch for its superb secondary characters, setting and music"

thanks,

Krishnan

raja_fan
6th February 2009, 07:17 PM
As usual, a negative title from rediff.
Thitundhave maattaanunga :)

irir123
6th February 2009, 08:05 PM
What !!!!!!!!!
"Kannil Paarvai" enna aacchu ???

Bala !!!!! grrrrrrrrr

adhellaam appaditthaan - inimel this will be the fate of most songs that are composed/done keeping in mind the storyline and not the audiences in the hall - we now have different audiences - at least the directors have that perception abt movie-watchers

ippo IR padam teamla irukkaradhey BGMukku mattum thaan

K
6th February 2009, 09:32 PM
K,

"it is a must watch movie .....will write my views after watching the movie today."

:) Without watching, you have given certificate.
Anyways will be waiting for your review. When is your show ?

movie did not satisfy me, may be because of over hype of media and I doubt this is not the full movie which was made, bala could have edited intentionally fearing about sensor and audience, as i said It is a must watch movie and watch it in theaters. lot of good reviews coming from various people and I dont want to spoil the mood here. watched in Sathyam 3.30Pm show.

K
6th February 2009, 09:35 PM
Nandhalala Nondhalala aakamal iruntha sari

K
6th February 2009, 09:37 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2009/02/06-viewers-hail-naan-kadavul-first-day-first-show.html

raja_fan
6th February 2009, 09:42 PM
K,

May be you expected too much !
So don't be let down. At least you did not feel the movie is a waste. So that is enough :)

MrJudge
6th February 2009, 10:27 PM
OMG.... saw the movie... The best from Bala till date :bluejump:

raja_fan
6th February 2009, 10:37 PM
Enyaa..ippadi one-liner solli kolreenga..?
virivaa thaan sollungalen..

K
6th February 2009, 10:44 PM
usually Bala's movies start with "Grand music by Ilayaraja" in the titles(missing in the title) but this starts with a hindi Bajan on River Ganga(sound like mandir sabari song), Kasi is shown in the song, anga arambikira Raja ends with another sanskrit song at the end of the movie, he takes little rest in the comedy parts, the Re-recording session videos which we saw comes in a fight sequence, ipothaiku ithu pothumnu nenaikiren.

MrJudge
6th February 2009, 10:46 PM
Enyaa..ippadi one-liner solli kolreenga..?
virivaa thaan sollungalen..

I am so excited right now..I have no words to describe this movie. thalaiavar summa pinni irukkAr re-recordingla...I will write a few points shortly.

app_engine
6th February 2009, 11:11 PM
From TOI review...

Meastro Ilayaraja's tunes, which blend beautifully with the nature of the scenes, are a major highlight of the film. Providing the perfect setting is Arthur Wilson's camera.

NormalMan
7th February 2009, 03:50 AM
[tscii:14e8ef9523]Behindwoods says,

... Ilayaraja’s music surprisingly doesn’t make one sit up and take notice, mostly because it is gelled neatly into the narrative....
[/tscii:14e8ef9523]

raja_fan
7th February 2009, 05:34 AM
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/moviereview/4089724.cms

"At a time when the clutter of routine commercial cinema gets to you, it's apt that you resort to an eerie film like Naan Kadavul. You might miss the popcorn, but it'll give you a glimpse at pristine cinema. "

btw..no other hubbers have seen the movie ?

MrJudge
7th February 2009, 08:27 AM
btw..no other hubbers have seen the movie ?

raja_fan:

Tamil films section-kku vAnga
http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=12451&start=435

krish244
7th February 2009, 09:38 AM
Chennai online review:

http://news.chennaionline.com/newsitem.aspx?NEWSID=4eb20989-6bca-41ea-8b53-b72fb83f0c8c&CATEGORYNAME=CHN

thanks,

Krishnan

raja_fan
7th February 2009, 10:48 PM
I am going to NK tommorrow :bluejump:

MrJudge
8th February 2009, 12:37 AM
I am going to NK tommorrow :bluejump:

8-) let us know your opinion.

njv
8th February 2009, 04:11 AM
[tscii:c3f1ea8a59]Behindwoods says,

... Ilayaraja’s music surprisingly doesn’t make one sit up and take notice, mostly because it is gelled neatly into the narrative....
[/tscii:c3f1ea8a59]

There are many scenes where BGM elevated the dialogues. Infact Arya dont have much dialogue. His character was well supported by BGM. There are threatening music. "Adi vayitrai kizhithuvidum polala sila scenekalil music irunthathu".

teja
8th February 2009, 11:37 AM
Interesting...
Positive reviews are pouring in for the Tamil version of this movie.

But the Telugu version is getting Spanked big time.
Not a single positive review so far!

ARUNPRAKASHKRISHNAN
8th February 2009, 02:54 PM
what a movie!!!!!!!!!. just out of the world.i dont think whether any director will even dream such a plot.very very good thing about the movie is that it is only 135 minutes.what maniratnam said during the audio release about bala is really true.ilayaraaja s re recording is the real hero of the movie.

njv
8th February 2009, 04:24 PM
Interesting...
Positive reviews are pouring in for the Tamil version of this movie.

But the Telugu version is getting Spanked big time.
Not a single positive review so far!

This will do good in Malayalam and Tamil. Andhra folks didnt have periyar and the likes, so they are totally religious and strong believer of god. Anything against god is not acceptable there. dialogues like "thevadiya magan. avan puluththuvaan" is not easily accepted.

I am a believer like most of the other folks, but i have read periyar and that created great influence in me asking myself the existence of god, specially when u see such crualty to helpless people.
We can argue that they were bad in their past life, but why give them such a punishment? No body deserve such a punishment. If u want to punish someone, punish while they are doing the sin.

Bala got me thinking again.

rajkumarc
8th February 2009, 04:40 PM
I just saw the movie. Overall, it's a nice movie but as someone said it's not for the faint hearted or those coming in for just regular entertainment.

Background score is ultimate, no words to describe. To me, this is the strongest point of the movie.

I'm extremely disappointed with Kannil Paarvai,
Amma Un Pillai Naan being not picturised. I was expecting the shorter Maatha Un Kovilil to make it but even that did not make it.

I felt that the main characters in the movie - Arya especially could have been established more strongly. This movie did not have the same impact as Pithamagan which lingered in my mind for a few days. May be I just expected too much. But I'm more than satisfied with our Maestro's work.

jaiganes
8th February 2009, 07:25 PM
Before he started Nann Kadavul, Bala told in a vijay TV interview about what was the knot in his mind for the next movie. He was thinking about people who are 'betrayed' by God - being born with severe deformities . The movie was seemingly never about rudran and when I was the promo stills with rudran as predominant - I was wondering... looks like bala never moved away from his original knot.

raja_fan
8th February 2009, 09:39 PM
Just back after the show..

Ennaiyyaa solla....eppadi solla..

I have never seen an Indian movie like this and not sure if I will see such a movie again in my life !

And THIS IS THE BEST RE-RECORDING IN ANY TAMIL MOVIE ( Perhaps INDIAN ) TILL DATE.
I got shivers through my nerve during Rudran's fight with the Malayalee and the villain. Nadukkam innum pogale...

Bala has made people like MR, a question mark now !
But there are few things to be avoided. Particularly the fun scenes at the police station is too elongated...

Amaaazing camera work by Aurther Wilson !

IR is the oxygen of this film ! No need of any GG or Oscar. Who are they to understand and appreciate our culture, udukkai and conch sounds , Ganga and Kasi ??

Special kudos to Bala for deviating from the Tamil cine culture of showing all Hindu Sanyasis as always fakes and funny people who do tricks !

Arya, though he is a non-Hindu has absorbed the Rudran character completely in himself. Avar kaalil vizha vendum enru thondra vaithu vittaar.

And what to say about Pooja and the rest of the beggar characters ? idhu varaikkum ippadiyellaaam oru manisha thanmai illaama business nadakkudhu-nu evanukku theriyum ?
Jeya Mohan has to be worshipped for bring out these horrible facts !

No one has ever made a cinema like this in which people feel the chill in their nerves and at the same time have a nice dosage of laughter !

"He who sees Shiva in the poor, in the weak, and in the diseased, really worships Shiva "

-Swami Vivekananda.

Hats off ( to say the least ) to the entire team for dissolving this lesson in to the blood stream of every viewer of this film !!

ARUNPRAKASHKRISHNAN
8th February 2009, 09:54 PM
well said raja fan.you have said exactly what i felt.

raja_fan
8th February 2009, 10:10 PM
idhula enna kooththu-naa, sila paer indha maadhiri thunbam anubavikkum piravigalin kadhayai kooda paarkka thayngugiraargal.

I can understand women will be scared, but I could see a gang of friends speaking like this in the interval "Machchaan..ukkaara mudiyaladaa..poidalaam da" .

ivanungellaam enna edhirpaarthu padathukku vandhaan ? avuththu pottu kuthaattam aaduvaangannaa ? :banghead:

raja_fan
8th February 2009, 10:15 PM
The places where IR's re-recording was amazing !

* When Rudran's father identifies his son and faints.

* Killing of Malayalee villain. Ayya sami..vayiru kalangiduchu !

* Fight with main villain..sollanumaa......

At the end of the movie, you feel like Rudhran has entered your body..idhula "om sivoham" paattu vera padam mudichu credits podum podhu...

raja_fan
8th February 2009, 10:25 PM
NK makes Pithamagan, Nanda and Sethu nothing :)

Those who say there is no God, watch NK and you will know God has worked as the MD with Bala !

MrJudge
8th February 2009, 11:16 PM
raja_fan;

Cool... for the last two days I have been thinking and talking about NK only. I still have no words to describe it.

Sureshs65
8th February 2009, 11:27 PM
BTW, how many more songs have been added in the movie? Is it two? What are your comments about the added songs?

There was a report that a ghazal type song by Udit Narayan was added. Anything like that in the movie?

S.Suresh

raja_fan
9th February 2009, 12:46 AM
Suresh,

The title song is a bhajan kind of in praise of Kasi and Ganga. It is very soft and not an furious one like "shivoham" song.

At the climax, there is a very short sanskrit rendition. Thats all.

The "shivoham" song in the movie seems to be a bit slow and lacks that fierce energy that we feel when we hear the audio.

raja_fan
9th February 2009, 12:50 AM
Suresh,

The title song is a bhajan kind of in praise of Kasi and Ganga. It is very soft and not an furious one like "shivoham" song.

At the climax, there is a very short sanskrit rendition. Thats all.

The "shivoham" song in the movie seems to be a bit slow and lacks that fierce energy that we feel when we hear the audio.

Also I did not like Bala's obsession with old songs. Too many songs in a short span of time in the film.

Also whenever Pooja sings, she sings in P.Suseela's voice or they play original old song. This was a bit annoying and out of logic.

rajkumarc
9th February 2009, 02:38 AM
raja_fan - That was exactly how I felt too. Too much old songs and whenever Pooja started to singing I was expecting Maatha un Kovilil or Amma Un Pillai Naan. It was disappointing.

I still can't understand why Kannil Paarvai was left out.

K
9th February 2009, 11:12 AM
http://www.writerpara.com/paper/?p=488

rajasaranam
9th February 2009, 03:38 PM
பாலாவின் நான் கடவுள் (http://pulikesi.wordpress.com/2009/02/09/%e0%ae%aa%e0%ae%be%e0%ae%b2%e0%ae%be%e0%ae%b5%e0%a e%bf%e0%ae%a9%e0%af%8d-%e0%ae%a8%e0%ae%be%e0%ae%a9%e0%af%8d-%e0%ae%95%e0%ae%9f%e0%ae%b5%e0%af%81%e0%ae%b3%e0%a f%8d/)

Fliflo
9th February 2009, 05:45 PM
Naan Kadavul - first movie to get 5 stars in tamilcinema review

http://tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/REVIEW/2009/NaanKadavul.asp

rajasaranam
9th February 2009, 06:13 PM
[tscii:d3c0f2bae3]
http://www.writerpara.com/paper/?p=488

தவறாக புரிந்து கொள்ளப்படும் சினிமா, சரியாக புரிந்து கொள்ளப்படும் வாழ்க்கையை விட அபாயகரமானது! ருத்ரனின் ஆன்மிக கருத்துக்ககளை பாலாவின் மீது ஏற்றி பார்க்கும் சினிமா பார்வையை எங்கிருந்து பயின்றிர்கள் என்பதை தெளிவுபடுத்தவும். பாலா ஒரு ‘filmmaker’ அவ்வளவே. அவர் எடுக்கும் சினிமாக்கள் சாதாரணர்களை விடுத்து வேற்று மனிதர்களை பற்றி பேசுவது. வாழ்க்கையிலிருந்தே தன் கதை மாந்தர்களை தேர்ந்தெடுத்தாலும் அவர் அதில் அதிதங்களை நோக்கி நகர்பவர். இந்த படம் பேசுவது ‘வாழ்க்கை அவலமாய் இருக்கும் ஒருத்திக்கும், வாழ்க்கையை தனகங்காரத்தால் வென்றெடுத்த ஒருவனுக்கும்’ நேரும் பரிமாற்றம் பற்றி.

சரி அப்படியே ஆன்மிக புரிதலோடுதான் படம் எடுக்க வேண்டும் என்றால் எந்த புரிதலோடு துவங்குவது? த்வைதம், அத்வைதம், சாங்கியம், மிமாம்சம், சமணம், இஸ்லாம், பௌத்தம், கிருத்துவம்… என நீ..ளு..ம்.. இந்த பட்டியலிலிருந்து எதை தேர்வு செய்வது? மற்றெல்லா ஆன்மிக புரிதலுமே ஒன்றை மட்டும் புரிந்தவர்க்கு தவறு தானே? ஆப்படியாயின் ருத்ரனின் (அல்லது பாலாவின் - உங்கள் பார்வையில்) புரிதல் தவறு என்று சொல்ல நமக்கு என்ன அருகதை இருக்கிறது?

இந்த படம் என்ன வகையான மன பிம்பங்களை நம்முள்ளே தோற்றுவிக்கிறது அல்லது கட்டமைக்கிறது என்பதை மட்டும் பார்க்க வேண்டும். என்னுடன் வந்து நண்பன் சொன்னான் ‘ருத்ரன் அந்த வில்லன்களை அடித்து துவம்சம் செய்யும் காட்சியை இன்னும் பிரமாதமாக எடுத்து இருக்கலாம் என்று’. நான் கேட்டேன் ‘எப்படி ‘பாட்சா’ ‘சாமி’ போன்ற படங்களில் கொஞ்சம் கொஞ்சமா உருவேத்திகிட்டே போயி நச்சுன்னு அடிப்பாங்களே அந்த மாதிரியா’ என்று? ‘Exactly’ என்றான் அவன். ‘As a film maker Bala has succeeded in alienating yourself from ‘Rudran’, as alienated ‘Rudran’ is from the mainstream society’ . பிதாமகன்’இல் இருந்த சித்தனுடனான அந்த ‘emotional connection’ஐ அறுத்து எறிந்து அவர் அடுத்த கட்டத்துக்கு நகர்ந்து விட்டார் என்றேன். அடுத்து என்ன செய்வார் பாலா என பொறுத்திருந்து பார்க்க வேண்டும்.

மற்றபடி நமக்கெல்லாம் ‘பேரரசு’ படம்தாங்க பெஸ்ட்டு. குத்து பாட்டு, தொப்புள் டான்ஸ், தொடை தட்றது, பன்ச் டயலாக்குன்னு களை கட்டும்ள்ள. ‘நான் கடவுள்’ காமிக்கிற உலகத்த விட்டு, ‘திருவண்ணாமலை’ ஆக்ஷன் ஜோதில கலந்து கூத்தடிக்கலாம் வாங்க.
[/tscii:d3c0f2bae3]

raja_fan
9th February 2009, 06:16 PM
[tscii:108cc3f51c]
Music of IR still haunting my mind, I can only quote Swami Vivekananda's words again :)

"Are not drums made in the country? Are not trumpets and kettle-drums available in India?

Make the boys hear the deep-toned sound of these instruments.
The Damaru and horn have to be sounded, drums are to be beaten so as to raise the deep and martial notes, and with “Mahavira, Mahavira” on your lips and shouting “Hara, Hara, Vyom, Vyom”, the quarters are to be reverberated. .....Through the thunder-roll of the dignified Vedic hymns, life is to be brought back into the country."

[/tscii:108cc3f51c]

raja_fan
9th February 2009, 06:29 PM
RS,

மற்றெல்லா ஆன்மிக புரிதலுமே ஒன்றை மட்டும் புரிந்தவர்க்கு தவறு தானே?

Not necessary !
They are like different rivers which ultimately merge in the ocean.

Raghavan has a point.
"Aham Brahmasmi" is a state, rather than just an assertion. When an individual "I" merges with the universal "I" ( you call it nature or God ). When that state is attained, the individual soul realizes that "I am infact the same as what I have been calling God till now".

In that state, it loses its individuality like "I am a man/woman, my name is this, my etc etc".

Here Bala has used that tag line for a Sanyasi who asserts "I am God. so I can destroy some one" . Though the Sanyasi in that film shows indications that he has attained the state mentioned in the previous para, the common viewer may misunderstand this and think "Ok. every one can say 'I am God' and justify his killings " etc.

So this is some thing that we have to be very careful in conveying.

After seeing the movie I thought he could have used "Isha vaasyam idham sarvam" ( Everything here contains God )

Anyways, thanks to Bala for making people feel !

ajithfederer
9th February 2009, 09:30 PM
Saw the movie on Saturday. I felt the movie was good. Stark and stunning characters. Needs an out of the world guts to tell a story on such characters. As Bala(Director illa) annan said Characters ellam kannu munnadiyae nikkuraanga. Humor in the movie was great and it included a lot of social/political/common day satire which works big time.

The Sound(Noise??) system in NJ theater was so bad that I could never feel the BGM of Raja sir. Songs were good. So many censor cuts have spoiled the flow of the movie. Guess that is the same as with the rest of the world. The movie has its own flaws here and there but never mind I am not going to talk about them. Pooja was great and Arya was just ok.

:clap: :clap: @ the entire team. I am Looking forward to such movies.

raja_fan
9th February 2009, 10:02 PM
The Sound(Noise??) system in NJ theater was so bad that I could never feel the BGM of Raja sir.

Ha !!
Adhu illaamaye ippadi appreciate panreengannaa..BGM-a ozhunga kaettirundhaa.....

Innum en kaadhula udakka satham oyaladaa saami..innikku night-aavadhu ennai thoonga vidumaa theriyale..

jaiganes
9th February 2009, 10:24 PM
whatever said - Kannil songai include pannaadhadhu perum kutram. It is one of the best melodies of the recent times. And it gives away most of the main plot line in its lyrics too!!

irir123
9th February 2009, 11:05 PM
jaiganes - next time around, IR shd compose songs, only if there is a precondition that they shd be picturised - its all water down the drain otherwise

K
9th February 2009, 11:36 PM
http://tamil.cinesouth.com/scopes/reviews/new/naankeng.shtml

well balanced review?

Fliflo
9th February 2009, 11:50 PM
NK is Box Office #1 in Chennai with a Good Opening

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-slide-shows/movie-3/top-ten-movies/tamil-cinema-topten-movie-naan-kadavul.html

K
10th February 2009, 12:04 AM
http://honey-tamil.blogspot.com/2009/02/blog-post_09.html
கங்கைக்கு இணையாக பொங்கி வருகிறது இளையராஜாவின் ஓம் சிவயோகம். சில இடங்களில் ஓடையின் சலசலப்பு, சில இடங்களில் அருவியின் பேரோலம், பல இடங்களில் ஆழ் நதியின் அமைதி. சப்த ஸ்வரங்களில் சதிராடியிருக்கிறார் இசைஞானி. ருத்ரனின் உக்கிரத்தில் பாதி இசையின் கொடை.

aaha aaha

K
10th February 2009, 12:22 AM
http://synapse-junctionofthoughts.blogspot.com/2009/02/blog-post.html wow wow best review so far

crajkumar_be
10th February 2009, 12:40 AM
whatever said - Kannil songai include pannaadhadhu perum kutram. It is one of the best melodies of the recent times. And it gives away most of the main plot line in its lyrics too!!
You'll find it more perplexing and annoying when you see the film. I can't think of one good reason :huh: (Ludes RR la varudhu, though)

crajkumar_be
10th February 2009, 12:43 AM
The Sound(Noise??) system in NJ theater was so bad that I could never feel the BGM of Raja sir
Naan paartha theater la (Inox, Bangalore) the sound was generally good but Om Sivoham paatula 'punch'-e illa. Not sure if its an issue with the theatre speakers , in the first place (w.r.t Om Sivoham)

ajithfederer
10th February 2009, 05:46 AM
Idhu oru dabba theatre.

Forgot to add in my prev post,
"Naama ippadi irukaradhukkae evvalavo koduthu vechirukanum" was my cousins comment after seeing the movie. That says it all.

The Sound(Noise??) system in NJ theater was so bad that I could never feel the BGM of Raja sir
Naan paartha theater la (Inox, Bangalore) the sound was generally good but Om Sivoham paatula 'punch'-e illa. Not sure if its an issue with the theatre speakers , in the first place (w.r.t Om Sivoham)

raja_fan
10th February 2009, 06:35 AM

The problem is not with the theatre. I too felt the same in the place where I watched it.
Some how the version on the CD and the movie differ in their tempo and force :(

littlemaster1982
10th February 2009, 08:27 AM

CR,

Inox - Bangalore doesn't have a good sound system. I have felt the same for all the films I have watched there.

Om Sivahom was rocking in Fun Cinemas :clap:

K
10th February 2009, 12:43 PM
http://www.parisalkaaran.com/2009/02/blog-post.html
காசியிலிருந்து படம் மலைக்கோயிலுக்கு வரும்போது கண்ணைமூடிக் கொண்டு படம் வேறு தளத்திற்குப் பயணிக்கிறது என்று சொல்லக்கூடிய பின்னணி இசை அபாரம். நாயகனை அனுப்பும்போது குருஜி பேசுமிடத்திலும், அம்மாவிடம் அப்பா நாயகன் இத்தனை வருடம் என்ன செய்து கொண்டிருந்தான் என்று சொல்லுமிடத்திலும் இசை மூலமாகவே படத்தை விளக்கியிருக்கிறார் ராஜா. அந்த சிவோஹம் பாடலும், வீட்டு மாடியில் உடுக்கையடிக்கும்போதும், தந்தை நாயகனைக் கண்டு கொள்ளும் காட்சியிலும் ஒலிக்கும் பின்னணி இசைக்கு என்ன கொடுத்தாலும் தகும்.

raja_fan
10th February 2009, 01:05 PM
B-A-L-A BALA thats what you say ! :-))

http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/009hdline.htm

raja_fan
10th February 2009, 01:10 PM
"இந்த உலகில், இந்த சமூகத்தில் நமக்குத் தெரியாத எத்தனையோ வாழ்க்கைகள் இருக்கு. இதில் Underworld Mafia-க்களிடம் சிக்கித் தவிக்கும் பிச்சைக்காரர்கள் மற்றும் ஆன்மீகத்திலிருக்கும் அகோரி பாபாக்களின் வாழ்க்கையைப் பற்றி பலரும் அறிந்திருக்க வாய்ப்பில்லை. இந்த இரண்டு வாழ்க்கைகளையும் யதார்த்தமாக திரையில் கொண்டு வந்திருக்கும் பாலா அவர்களின் அசாத்திய முயற்சிக்கும், திறமைக்கும் நான் நெஞ்சுருகி, தலைவணங்கிப் பாராட்டுகிறேன்.

இமய மலையில் பல அகோரிகளை நேரில் சந்தித்தவன் என்ற முறையில் ஆர்யா அவர்களின் யதார்த்தமான அகோரி நடிப்பு என்னை பிரமிக்க வைத்தது. இசைஞானி இளையராஜாவின் பின்னணி இசை என்ன மெய்சிலிர்க்க வைத்தது

படத்தில் நடித்த அனைத்து ஊனமுற்றவர்களின் நடிப்பும் என்னை கண்கலங்க வைத்தது. இந்த மாதிரி ஒரு திரைக்காவியம் தமிழில் வந்தது என் தலையை நிமிர வைத்திருக்கிறது. இனிமேல் ஒரு படம் இதுபோல் வரப்போவதுமில்லை.

இந்தப் படத்தில் சம்பந்தப்பட்ட அனைவருக்கும் என் பாராட்டுக்கள், வாழ்த்துக்கள். அன்புடன் ரஜினிகாந்த்"

-இவ்வாறு அந்தக் கடிதத்தில் எழுதியுள்ளார் ரஜினிகாந்த்.

http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/heroes/2009/02/10-rajini-hails-bala-impeccable-work-in-naan-kadav.html

thumburu
10th February 2009, 04:46 PM
"Ohm Shivoham" had a terrific punch in Innovative multiplex too.
Bala just gave us a glimpse of the life and rituals of "Aghori" cult , where as he delved deep into the plight of the handicapped beggars at "Malaikovil". Raja's rerecording was top notch and gave a hair raising experience during the fight/chase sequences. When there were lot of annoying "bit" songs like "thunukku thoranam", Bala could have easily included the best song of NK ,"KaNNil parvai" . Even "amma un piLLai naan" was n't considered.
Who has sung the opening bhajan? The singing as well as the composition were nice

NormalMan
10th February 2009, 08:22 PM
Anyone have any samples of the BGM? Very curious to hear.

raja_fan
10th February 2009, 09:14 PM
NormalMan,

How can any one have BGM samples ?

Please go to a cinema hall and experience it.

The movie is already on net and VCDs, thanks to some villains around us :(

crajkumar_be
10th February 2009, 09:34 PM
:confused2: Normal-a dhaane irukkeenga?

njv
10th February 2009, 11:21 PM

BGM goes well with situation. Not sure if u will enjoy if u dont understand the motion behind it.

MrJudge
10th February 2009, 11:29 PM

BGM goes well with situation. Not sure if u will enjoy if u dont understand the motion behind it.

Yes, I don't think you can enjoy it without visuals. The music is perfectly made for the movie....pirikka mudiyAthathu IMO.

raja_fan
11th February 2009, 10:12 AM
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India_Buzz/God_of_small_things/articleshow/4105699.cms

Hulkster
11th February 2009, 06:18 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/?t3tztenzi2y

The kaasi song that comes in the titles. Courtesy of Ananda from Orkut.

krish244
11th February 2009, 07:29 PM
Thanks Hulkster ! Nice song. Not able to make out the singer. Its not Udit Narayan though. Apt voice and good singing.

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
11th February 2009, 07:31 PM
Is it Kunal Ganjawala? Sounds like his voice...although the style does not match. Maybe he changed his style to suit this type of song.

BTW, all natural (santoor included) instruments used.

thanks,

Krishnan

ananth222
11th February 2009, 07:32 PM
Thanks Hulkster ! Nice song. Not able to make out the singer. Its not Udit Narayan though. Apt voice and good singing.

thanks,

Krishnan
Its Bhupinder Singh (according to discussions on the IR yahoo groups)

krish244
11th February 2009, 07:44 PM
Its Bhupinder Singh (according to discussions on the IR yahoo groups)

Oh ic, but Bhipinder has a more soft voice. Moreover, the way the singer sings "jinki kripa/daya se" (and other places) where he extends "se" sounded like Kunal! Anyway, this is a nice song. Need to get it in good quality.

BTW, I am curious to know if Uttam Singh's name appears in the credits of NK movie. If so, in what capacity?

thanks,

Krishnan

Hulkster
11th February 2009, 07:57 PM
Yup it comes at the thanking portion at the start before the kaasi song comes. I think his job was in similar vein as purshottaman does for IR.

crajkumar_be
11th February 2009, 08:02 PM
Is it Kunal Ganjawala? Sounds like his voice...although the style does not match. Maybe he changed his style to suit this type of song.

BTW, all natural (santoor included) instruments used.

thanks,

Krishnan
:exactly: It sounded definitely like Kunal

P.S: I *hate* his voice but it sounded nice for this song

raja_fan
11th February 2009, 09:35 PM
Saw some news links in another forum that say that Rajni and Bala are planning to unite for a film.

Before that film, Rajni's daughter has given advance to Bala for another quick one.

So Raja-Rajni combination rumours will spring again !

ananth222
11th February 2009, 10:23 PM
Supposedly from Rajini:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_R8GcmkGe6zo/SZFLytyG8EI/AAAAAAAAABU/46vTjUR5mYE/s1600-h/rajini-letter-10-02-09.jpg

Sureshs65
11th February 2009, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the Kasi song, Hulk. It is wonderful. I can definitely say it is not Bhupinder. The start made me feel as if it was Unni Krishnan. Later I saw it was not him.

thumburu: Yamuna Kalyani?

irir123
12th February 2009, 12:42 AM
The kasi song simply rocks!! it takes one straight to the streets of Banaras/Kasi! absolutely perfect buildup to what then unfolds onscreen!

IR idhey maadhiri oru ghazal album with Hariharan, oru Hindutani classical album with Pandit Jasraj, adha pola senja - summaa nachhunu irukkum!!

kiru
12th February 2009, 03:27 AM
The kasi song simply rocks!! it takes one straight to the streets of Banaras/Kasi! absolutely perfect buildup to what then unfolds onscreen!

IR idhey maadhiri oru ghazal album with Hariharan, oru Hindutani classical album with Pandit Jasraj, adha pola senja - summaa nachhunu irukkum!!
Absolutely..has some flavor or IR's 80s song..I think the singer is Udit Narayan but I dont listen to Hindi much so you guys are better judge..BTW, I am with you totally on the comment except for Hariharan ..maybe ..Ajoy Chakraborthy ..(too many Os :-) ) instead ?

irir123
12th February 2009, 05:24 AM
Kiru - the way the melody is structured is honey-to-the-ears - the beginning 'aalaap' sets the tone, the pacing is perfect, and the way the pallavi ends 'kal kal...jaye' is simply beautiful! and the way 'jin ki kripa se' goes a scale higher than the previous line taking the melody with it and then 'rishi muni' line merging with the pallavi!! Wow!! the kind of song that we always IR knew can compose in his sleep - its a melody someone like the late Mohd Rafi wud have immortalised further with his singing - somehow, i think, since IR is a bigtime fan of the late Rafi, he probably composed this thinking of him!

it reminds me of another IR classic "kai veenaiyai yendhum" from Vietnam colony!

I can imagine the kind of 'aanandham-peraanandham' IR must have experienced while conceptualising this tune, with everything falling in place perfectly - its that level of perfection, which if we could all achieve in our respective professions, would give us equal joy!!

reg Ajoys choice for ghazals, I beg to differ - Ajoy is very good at rendering classical songs, but Hariharan is adept at both classical as well as ghazals - in fact he is well-known in the ghazal circles

my dream project for IR - Ghazals with either Hariharan and Shreya Goshal, or these two alongwith other well-known singers, with lyrics by Gulzar!! oh boy, that would be a treat!

Hulkster
12th February 2009, 07:35 AM
Saw some news links in another forum that say that Rajni and Bala are planning to unite for a film.

Before that film, Rajni's daughter has given advance to Bala for another quick one.

So Raja-Rajni combination rumours will spring again !

Probably must have surfaced due to the letter sent to bala. Would be a great combination if it happens.

crajkumar_be
12th February 2009, 01:17 PM
Absolutely..has some flavor or IR's 80s song..I think the singer is Udit Narayan but I dont listen to Hindi much so you guys are better judge..BTW, I am with you totally on the comment except for Hariharan ..maybe ..Ajoy Chakraborthy ..(too many Os :-) ) instead ?

:shock: :shock: :evil:

Kunal Ganjawala

Hulkster
12th February 2009, 02:41 PM
Its bhupinder singh. Saw his name coming in the singers list.

crajkumar_be
12th February 2009, 02:42 PM
OK but is it for that song or a bit song towards the end (IIRC, small piece as part of BGM)?

K
12th February 2009, 02:46 PM
[tscii:52c836de04]http://www.webeelam.net/?p=379
படத்தின் கடவுள் உண்மையில் இளையராஜாதான். அவருடைய இசை அனைத்தையும் கடந்து உள்ளது (கடந்து உள்ளது கடவுள்). படத்தில் இரண்டு பாடல்கள்தான் உள்ளன. அவையும் ஆரம்பத்திலேயே முடிந்து விடுகின்றன. பொதுவாக ஒரு திரைப்படத்திற்கு பாடல்களே தேவையில்லை என்று கருதுபவன் நான். பாடல்களில் இருந்து விடுபடும் வரை தமிழ் சினிமா உருப்பாடாது என்றும் நினைப்பவன். ஆனால் நான் கடவுள் படத்தின் பாடல்களை இறுவட்டில் கேட்டுவிட்டு அவைகள் படத்தில் இல்லையென்றதும் ஏமாற்றமாய்ப் போய்விட்டது. அடுத்த முறை பாலா படத்தை எடுத்து முடிந்ததன் பிற்பாடு, தேவையான பாடல்களைக் கேட்டுப் பெறுவது நல்லது. பிதாமகனிலும் ஒரு பாடல் இடம்பெறாமல் போயிருந்தது.
கடைசி இரண்டு மணித்தியாலங்களும் பாடல்கள் இல்லையென்றாலும், இளையராஜாவின் பின்னணி இசை ஒரு பிரளயம் போன்று படம் முழுவதும் நிற்கின்றது. தமிழ் சினிமா உலகத் தரத்திற்கு செல்லவேண்டும் என்றால், அது இளையராஜாவின் இசையைத் தவிர்த்துக் கொண்டு செல்ல முடியாது.
சுப்ரமணியபுரம், வாரணம் ஆயிரம் போன்ற படங்களைப் பார்த்த பொழுது சற்றுக் கோபம் ஏற்பட்டது. இளையராஜா ஏதோ 80களுக்கு மட்டும் உரியவர் என்கின்ற எண்ணத்தை ஏற்படுத்துவது போன்ற காட்சிகள் வந்தன. “அடப் பாவிகளா! இனி வரும் 2010களும் இளையராஜாவினுடையதுதான்” என்று நான் கடவுள் அழுத்தமாகவே சொல்லியிருக்கிறது.[/tscii:52c836de04]

Hulkster
12th February 2009, 02:49 PM
OK but is it for that song or a bit song towards the end (IIRC, small piece as part of BGM)?

Well i think it must be him cause all the other singers mentioned were already known to us in the album.

crajkumar_be
12th February 2009, 02:51 PM

Well i think it must be him cause all the other singers mentioned were already known to us in the album.
illa. adha thaan kekkaren... cant remember correctly but towards the end oru humming madhiri vara madhiri nyabagam..
Anyway, ur right, i guess it has to be him alright.. but andha voice Kunal's voice madhiriye irundhuchu...

Fliflo
12th February 2009, 05:22 PM
pattya kiLapputhu NK vasool

http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2009/02/12-naan-kadavul-first-week-bo-repor.html

Fliflo
12th February 2009, 05:25 PM
+++ review

http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/review/2009/02/12-naan-kadavul-film-review.html

raagas
12th February 2009, 06:19 PM
firstly, thanks for posting that Kaasi song from Naan Kadavul.

It is not Bhupinder. The credits might be referring to some other piece, perhaps from backgroundscore. but the voice in this song is not bhupinder, because his voice is more dense.

krish244
12th February 2009, 06:56 PM
Surprise....it could be KK. I never thought of this singer until I read the below interview. Once before too (for some other (kannada I think) song), I thought its Kunal, but it turned out to be KK. I am still not able to rule out Kunal. Has KK sung for IR earlier and that too classical song?

http://www.screenindia.com/news/growing-paeans/421674/

"Ilayaraja once liked the way I sang his composition so much that as a compliment he gave me a raag-based song that he had made for someone else"

thanks,

Krishnan

MrJudge
12th February 2009, 07:14 PM
Raaja with the NK crew

http://www.behindwoods.com/hindi-tamil-galleries/ilayaraja/index.html

raja_fan
12th February 2009, 07:30 PM
http://www.envazhi.com/?p=3624

http://www.behindwoods.com/hindi-tamil-galleries/ilayaraja/ilayaraja-03.html

Enjoy :D

raja_fan
12th February 2009, 07:40 PM
Shoddy views by some idiot in "The Hindu".

See his hate words like "moron-monks, designer underwear" etc.

Not the friday review. After seeing this, my hope for tomorrow Friday review goes down

http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/009200902081561.htm

ajithfederer
12th February 2009, 11:37 PM
Thanks Judge :D.

Raaja with the NK crew

http://www.behindwoods.com/hindi-tamil-galleries/ilayaraja/index.html

venkiks
13th February 2009, 02:10 AM
Here is the much awaited Hindu review of Naan Kadavul.
Very impressive. Very positive.
I am surprised by the comparison with SlumD. Mil.
Haven't see either films yet. But I don't want to miss NK.

http://www.hindu.com/fr/2009/02/13/stories/2009021350520200.htm

-Venki

DeepTrance
13th February 2009, 02:55 AM

-Venki

I saw SDM and NK almost back to back. I couldn't steer myself away from comparing the two as well. Both have an underlining of poverty that is hard to stomach.

I've penned my thoughts here - http://inadeeptrance.blogspot.com/2009/02/of-slumdogs-and-slumgods.html

raja_fan
13th February 2009, 06:38 AM
Here is the much awaited Hindu review of Naan Kadavul.
Very impressive. Very positive.
Haven't see either films yet. But I don't want to miss NK.

http://www.hindu.com/fr/2009/02/13/stories/2009021350520200.htm

-Venki

Very superficial review from "The Hindu". Just like that, they have spoken some thing. Usually for such films, they will go in to details and appreciate. But for some reasons, they have not done that here :(

kiru
13th February 2009, 09:26 AM
Kiru - the way the melody is structured is honey-to-the-ears - the beginning 'aalaap' sets the tone, the pacing is perfect, and the way the pallavi ends 'kal kal...jaye' is simply beautiful! and the way 'jin ki kripa se' goes a scale higher than the previous line taking the melody with it and then 'rishi muni' line merging with the pallavi!! Wow!! the kind of song that we always IR knew can compose in his sleep - its a melody someone like the late Mohd Rafi wud have immortalised further with his singing - somehow, i think, since IR is a bigtime fan of the late Rafi, he probably composed this thinking of him!
!

I listened to the song again with your comments, thanks for enhancing the pleasure..It is like learning to taste wine !!!
Somewhere in this board, I read Ravi Shankar included IR along with SD Burman and other Hindi MD masters as one of the underrecognized dons of music in India. This song is one in the repertoire to prove that..

my dream project for IR - Ghazals with either Hariharan and Shreya Goshal, or these two alongwith other well-known singers, with lyrics by Gulzar!! oh boy, that would be a treat!
On thinking more about this ..maybe this is the way for IR to get his second incarnation in the North (like Jackie Chan in Hollywood in his later years :-) )

raagas
13th February 2009, 10:55 AM
Yes, Pt. Ravi Shankar did count Ilaiyaraaja among other geniuses in India. It is in Times of India, Hyderabad Edition this morning.

Sureshs65
13th February 2009, 12:04 PM
My take on Nan Kadavul.

http://sureshs65music.blogspot.com

S.Suresh

crajkumar_be
13th February 2009, 03:43 PM
[tscii:a83f64fec5]http://www.desipundit.com/baradwajrangan/2009/02/12/conversation-with-the-creator-of-naan-kadavul/

(Incidentally, sir, Maa Ganga Kashi padhaari, the bhajan sung by Kunal Ganjawala over the opening credits, is moving beyond words. I wonder why you didn’t release it as part of your soundtrack.)

That settles it! naanga dhaan sonnomla...[/tscii:a83f64fec5]

Hulkster
13th February 2009, 04:12 PM
I must have missed his name in the credits. Do remember seeing Bhupinder Singh though.

rajasaranam
13th February 2009, 05:12 PM
[tscii:2dae1bf715]http://www.desipundit.com/baradwajrangan/2009/02/12/conversation-with-the-creator-of-naan-kadavul/

(Incidentally, sir, Maa Ganga Kashi padhaari, the bhajan sung by Kunal Ganjawala over the opening credits, is moving beyond words. I wonder why you didn’t release it as part of your soundtrack.)

That settles it! naanga dhaan sonnomla...[/tscii:2dae1bf715]

Ada Avarum 'Ganja'Wala thaana? nalla vanthu serraangappa Bala padathula :D

raagas
13th February 2009, 05:18 PM
My take on Nan Kadavul.

http://sureshs65music.blogspot.com

S.Suresh

I didnt watch this film yet, but from all the reviews i have read so far, i think i will be disappointed on more counts than impressed by few counts.
Bala is no doubt, a director with a promise, who is trying to shape his own school of film-making - commendable.
Yet, having seen his Pithamagan (which i liked), i feel that he tends to lose the alignment, in his own penchant. His penchant to 'evolve' as a different film-maker generally, misguides him in that particular product at that instant, that things go overboard. For example, i didnt like the Simran episode in Pithamagan. There were few other scenes, which actually dragged but then, the film manages to make an impact overall.
And secondly, i hoped Bala would try a different film, after Pithamagan and not something which is almost like a 'success territory', if we view the treatment. The whole thing about 'raw', 'crude', 'gritty', 'not-a-normally-functioning-man' elements, coupled with similar kind of violent(or hard-hitting) scenes seem to be common to both films and it makes me feel as if he already had the same skeleton, but just put a new skin on it and infused a blood of different group (religion or whatever).The treatment seems to be similar. The film might be well-made, but it might not work, for me, because of 'usual elements'... something like why a new 'Underworld' film by Ram Gopal Varma might not work for me.

I will still watch it though, flushing out all the notions from my system and see if i can like it as a stand-alone film.

raja_fan
13th February 2009, 05:51 PM
Ennappaa...kumudam / AV review yedhaavadhu vandhudhaa ? :)

thumburu
13th February 2009, 05:54 PM
Hulkister, thanks very much for that Kaasi bhajan link. raja_fan, my joy was short lived when I soon realized that it was not Unni Krishnan at the helm . The bhajan is indeed "Yaman" or "Yamuna Kalyani" and notice how it starts off in a gentle manner like "Radha sametha krishna"
Raja's nemesis might come more due to poor/incompetent singers than due to his own arrogance or synth or poor sound recording - the culprit being he and his clan singing and shunning able singers like Unni Krishnan, SPB, Chitra, Sujatha

raja_fan
13th February 2009, 06:05 PM
btw..are "om shivoham" or "pitchai.." getting played on TV channels ?

Sureshs65
13th February 2009, 06:11 PM
thumburu,

I will agree with you in regard to Raja choosing Bhavatharini for his songs but my feeling is that other singers are more dictated by the current market conditions. I mean directors may respect Raja if he wants to take in Bhavatharini but may request him to put in some of the new singers for other songs. I say this because Raja in an interview with a Telugu channel was lamenting the fact that it was so difficult to make the new singers sing even one line correctly. So if he is still picking up the new singers it could be because he has to go with the current market situation.

BTW, there are very music directors today who use SPB and Chitra. We have to accept that the era of SPB and Chitra is over, though their voices are still intact. Sad, really.

irir123
13th February 2009, 08:10 PM
from "ilayaraja-yahoogroups <ilaiyaraaja@yahoogroups.com>"

"One of my friend who is in madurai said that "naan kadavul" movie runs nearly 3 hours and 15 mins in one madurai theatre. He said that all songs are present except madha un kovilil song...."

Maybe he meant 2hrs and 15min - but all the songs are retained in the version released in Madurai ??

is there anyone from Madurai here ??

irir123
13th February 2009, 08:13 PM
Kiru - pls check ur PM

Fliflo
14th February 2009, 09:06 AM
IR with NK team video

http://www.nakkheeran.in/users/frmMoreWebTv.aspx?WTV=132

crvenky
14th February 2009, 04:49 PM
This program is being telecast tomorrow (Sunday) in Kalaignar TV at 6.30 PM IST.

Hulkster
14th February 2009, 06:35 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/?tx4wnjwzmwt

Thought of sharing with you guys this. My most favourite BGM from the movie. It comes before the interval for those who are guessing. You can just visualise without having to see it.

krish244
14th February 2009, 07:07 PM
Heard from my friend that "Kunal Ganjawala" name appears in singer list (in titles). So, it is Kunal Ganjawala who has sung that "Maa ganga" song.

thanks,

Krishnan

raja_fan
14th February 2009, 07:09 PM
[tscii:60f418f472]
Hulkster,

Thanks a lot !

Janma karma cha me divyam evam yo vetti tattwatah;
Tyaktwa deham punarjanma naiti maameti so’rjuna.

He who thus knows in true light My divine birth and action, after having abandoned the body is not born again; he comes to Me, O Arjuna!

-Bhagavad Gita

He tells up to punarjanma, making it an incomplete one without naiti :(
bacause "punarjanma naiti" is important to say "NOT born again".

Anyways, an elevating place and music by Raja !

And Arthur Wilson's camera at that point will focus from below showing the vast blue sky on the backdrop ! A symbolic way to express the vastness of GOD :)

[/tscii:60f418f472]

raja_fan
14th February 2009, 07:12 PM
Krish,

Yes. Kunal's name appears.
Here is the title song !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSSGsyIL4n0

irir123
14th February 2009, 08:55 PM
yenpaa - ippadi jolly yaa ragasiyamaa theatrela record panreengaley, idhu nyaayamaa ? better to write to IR asking him to release a special album with such songs

raja_fan
14th February 2009, 09:35 PM
irir123,

record panninadhu naan illai...yaaro..i just got the link.

raja_fan
14th February 2009, 09:37 PM
Tomorrow at 6.30 PM Kalaignar TV.
Programme on NK artists - the special children.

IR also in the programme. DONT MISS IT !

irir123
14th February 2009, 09:57 PM
'Maa ganga' is perfect Yaman Kalyan!

often used in Bhajans and in movies until the 60s,Raag Yaman Kalyan has been rarely used in film songs during the 1980s, thru 2000s

IR gives a fresh avtar to Yaman Kalyan - the other most famous Yaman Kalyan being Roshan's tune sung by Mohd.Rafi - 'zindahi bhar naheen bhulegi' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK2RwDVk9Ag

MumbaiRamki
14th February 2009, 10:09 PM
maa ganga is sung by kunal ! WOnder ful !!!

rooky
15th February 2009, 11:57 AM
mm..now kalaignar isayaruvi is availabe in Tata sky.
and could watch "pitchai pathiram" and om siva ohm" on the channel..

and looks like kumudham and AV reviews are out and learn that they have all good things to say..

crvenky
15th February 2009, 01:00 PM
Maestro meets NK crew:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3nuaRtz3G0

Sanjeevi
15th February 2009, 10:24 PM
Saw the move

one word - brilliant

Sanjeevi
15th February 2009, 11:24 PM
more here (http://mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=1691369#1691369)

Sureshs65
16th February 2009, 05:42 PM
I was thinking now that Kaasi song is by Kunal Ganjawala, would the songs KK be referring to be in SRK or in some other forthcoming movie? I don't think KK has sung for Illayaraja in any of the movies released so far. So we can look forward to another nice classical number!!

Sureshs65
17th February 2009, 01:11 AM
Listening to the Kaasi song. At the same time that I am being touched by this melody I also appreciate the work ethic of Illayaraja and Bala. Look at it this way. This is a Hindi bhajan which many in Tamil Nadu wouldn't understand and there is less chance of Hindi folks seeing this movie. Lucky that Bala and Illayaraja did not think this way. The song adds immensely to the whole Kaasi atmosphere, wonderfully captured by Wilson. Kudos to the team for the superb opening.

jaiganes
17th February 2009, 01:56 AM
In the film Bharathi too Raja would have added a 'Jai Shiva Shankara' bhajan in the kasi portions.

ajaybaskar
17th February 2009, 07:10 AM

often used in Bhajans and in movies until the 60s,Raag Yaman Kalyan has been rarely used in film songs during the 1980s, thru 2000s

IR gives a fresh avtar to Yaman Kalyan - the other most famous Yaman Kalyan being Roshan's tune sung by Mohd.Rafi - 'zindahi bhar naheen bhulegi' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK2RwDVk9Ag

Wasnt Maa Ganga composed by Uttam Singh?

irir123
17th February 2009, 07:35 AM

oh! was it ? do you have a hotline to Uttam Singh who informed you of the same ?! lucky you - I envy you!

NagaS
17th February 2009, 11:41 AM
Tomorrow at 6.30 PM Kalaignar TV.
Programme on NK artists - the special children.

IR also in the programme. DONT MISS IT !

Is it available somewhere in net?

Plum
17th February 2009, 12:03 PM
irir123, adhellam kidaiyadhu. North Indian folk, classical ellam IR-aala compose panna mudiyadhu. Ungalukku theriyadha? :-)

MumbaiRamki
17th February 2009, 01:09 PM
I was thinking now that Kaasi song is by Kunal Ganjawala, would the songs KK be referring to be in SRK or in some other forthcoming movie? I don't think KK has sung for Illayaraja in any of the movies released so far. So we can look forward to another nice classical number!!

Maa Ganga was composed by raaja and sung kunal.
KK has already sung 2 songs in a telugu movie ( check in raaga.com -> The movie 's abbreviation NI NI . DOnt remember teh full teleugu name :) ) ..

appa vellaam nagaS ponRoor tfmpage le active aaga irundha kaalam !

Plum
17th February 2009, 04:33 PM
MRamki, NINI theriyadhu. He did NinuChoodaka Nenundalenu, which had the re-do of Enna Solli paaduvadho(En Mana Vaanil) and a couple of songs from Kochu Kochu.
Cant remember if KK sung in those.

MumbaiRamki
17th February 2009, 05:17 PM
Plum , athe thaan !!!

Hulkster
17th February 2009, 06:48 PM
Guys i think ajay really asked if it was by uttam singh cause uttam singh was mentioned as a co-composer in this film. You can correct it politely rather than lashing out. Isn't this IR vs ARR fight over yet? it is a bit too irritating and unwarranted. :curse:

Fliflo
17th February 2009, 07:29 PM
NagaS

you can find the Kalaignar Tv NK program here

http://www.techsatish.net/

If you browse down it is 3rd or 4th in the list.

best
Fliflo

ajaybaskar
17th February 2009, 09:35 PM

oh! was it ? do you have a hotline to Uttam Singh who informed you of the same ?! lucky you - I envy you!

Friend, I thought Uttam Singh would've composed this song bcoz it was not in the cd and it was a hindi song. I asked it out of curiosity and there was nothing that I wanted to prove... Y u take this so personal?

Anyways, thanx....

Sureshs65
17th February 2009, 10:28 PM
Plum,

I checked out raaga.com as suggested by Ramki. It is indeed KK. He has sung a solo and the 'Kondapalli' song, which is a reworking of 'Kodamanjin' of Kochu Kochu Santoshangal. The charanams are different though. KK has done a nice job in this song.

Hulkster
18th February 2009, 05:16 AM
Friend, I thought Uttam Singh would've composed this song bcoz it was not in the cd and it was a hindi song. I asked it out of curiosity and there was nothing that I wanted to prove... Y u take this so personal?

Anyways, thanx....

Seri vidunga, avangellam konjam naala oru mathiriya irukaanga. Usually IR composes every tune if he is listed as a composer in a film. Uttam Singh was brought in to arrange/conduct the orchestration like how purushottaman does. Notations/tune/Instrumentation/Orchestration(flow) is all decided by IR.

Plum
18th February 2009, 11:23 AM
"Friend, I thought Uttam Singh would've composed this song bcoz it was not in the cd and it was a hindi song."
Ajaybhaskar, I have no idea of your history in the hub or your preferences among composers but it seems a tad too churlish for anyone to even think that IR, of all people, needs help with composing "indhi" songs.
I know it is difficult for youngsters to appreciate or understand but IR's been there, done it. His late 70's, early 80's output had many fine Hindustani references. Now, he may not rate Bhangra high enough for him to dabble in it - doesnt mean that he needs help with "indhi" songs.
Again, the very categorisation, "indhi song" befuddles me - what exactly is that - I can understand Ghazal, Thumri, Sufi, Hindustani classical etc but adhu enna Hindi song?
Appadiye irundhalum, how many 'hindi' albums IR has done recently?
The Kasi song was a bhajan - recently, IR has released 2 highly acclaimed(if not popular, critically acclaimed) bhajans - one on Aiyappan and another penned by Gandhiji. If anything, it is Uttam Singh who hasnt shown any potential in his work so far for Classical or Bhajans.
So,IMO, anyone believing that Uttam Singh, just because of his Punjabi name, is more likely to have scored a Bhajan than IR is playing to stereotypes and I would go so far as calling such a person naive and incredulous.

Hulkster
18th February 2009, 12:21 PM
Guys relax, i think it was more of a question rather than a thoughtless poke at IR. A more polite reply would be better. Even if it is malicious it is best to ignore.

ajaybaskar
18th February 2009, 09:56 PM
Ayya plum, enakku bhajan, ghazal, sufi,classical apdinellam pirichu kekka theriyaadhu.. Paattu kekka nalla irundha keppen. Ennoda meesic sense avlothaan.. If IR has composed the song..so be it.. Atleast I will be happy that u guys have his hotline no...

Aala vudungada saami...

ajaybaskar
18th February 2009, 09:57 PM
Hulk, Thanks a ton... Atleast there was someone who had the courtesy to understand what i meant.. :D

irir123
19th February 2009, 12:31 AM
ajaybaskar - peace!

Plum
19th February 2009, 10:16 AM
"Ayya plum, enakku bhajan, ghazal, sufi,classical apdinellam pirichu kekka theriyaadhu.. Paattu kekka nalla irundha keppen"
Adhai naan kondu varalai. You were the one who talked about "hindi song". So you have to tell what genre that is, no point fretting at me for pointign the existing genres.
Secondly, your comment on IR's hotline is plain churlish - what are you implying there? Anyone who posts here must have confirmation from corresponding artistes? I think you know that that is plain nonsense but had to respond the way you did.
Secondly, I posted my comment that IR must have scored it based on a comparision of his past work with Uttam Singh and why IR's past and recent work gives more reason to credit him for a Bhajan rather than any work done by Uttam Singh any time. You are now attempting to deflect responding to that sound logical reasoning by quoting hotline etc. Sorry, it doesnt cut ice.
Anyway, it is clear that your intentions are not above board much as Hulkster wishes it is. Please yourself - I am not going to respond on this anymore

littlemaster1982
19th February 2009, 10:27 AM
Plum,

It's irir who started about hotline first. Please go back few posts.

Hulkster
19th February 2009, 11:42 AM
Plum its safe to say the best part is to ignore, no point brooding over it. We cant expect every tom,dick or harry to know about IR's composing prowess. When our own fans are clueless about IR it is hard to expect others to know? I feel that whether malicious or not a polite reply would have sufficed.

Can we now go back to the topic? I am planning to post some BGMs of the movie (ripped from the DVD) here soon. Anybody willing to listen to it?

crajkumar_be
19th February 2009, 02:46 PM
"Ayya plum, enakku bhajan, ghazal, sufi,classical apdinellam pirichu kekka theriyaadhu.. Paattu kekka nalla irundha keppen"
Adhai naan kondu varalai. You were the one who talked about "hindi song". So you have to tell what genre that is, no point fretting at me for pointign the existing genres.
Secondly, your comment on IR's hotline is plain churlish - what are you implying there? Anyone who posts here must have confirmation from corresponding artistes? I think you know that that is plain nonsense but had to respond the way you did.
Secondly, I posted my comment that IR must have scored it based on a comparision of his past work with Uttam Singh and why IR's past and recent work gives more reason to credit him for a Bhajan rather than any work done by Uttam Singh any time. You are now attempting to deflect responding to that sound logical reasoning by quoting hotline etc. Sorry, it doesnt cut ice.
Anyway, it is clear that your intentions are not above board much as Hulkster wishes it is. Please yourself - I am not going to respond on this anymore
Plum,
Appadi avaru enna malicious-a kettuttaaru? Amaidhi, amaidhi.....

Plum
19th February 2009, 07:35 PM
CR, malicious-o illaiyo. MY point is this:
Anyone with familiarity of IR's and Uttam Singh's work will know who is more likely to have scored THAT bhajan.
Summa uttam singh vizhavukku vandharunuttu, avar idhai score panninra, om sivoham avaru dhaan score panninaranu ketkaravangalai ennannu solradhu - intention can never be proved adhu avanga avangaluku nalla theriyum. Naanum impolite-a onnum sollidalaiye.

irir123
19th February 2009, 07:55 PM
Plum,

It's irir who started about hotline first. Please go back few posts.

sir, idhenna idaiyila cycle kambiyila spanner thookki podara maadhiri, neenga varreenga ?! naan sollanumnu nenaichadha Plum azhaga sollittaru - after that, 'peace' kooda solliyaachu - wats your problem ?

littlemaster1982
19th February 2009, 10:38 PM
Come on!! You people are making a big fuss out of his harmless/naive question. And Plum has posted that *after* you have said peace. I just wanted to clarify that Ajaybaskar mentioned 'hotline' only because of your post.

Idhukku mela idhai patthi pesaradhey waste :wave:

Sanjeevi
20th February 2009, 10:04 PM
http://jeyamohan.in/?p=1800

nbp
22nd February 2009, 03:53 PM
these 2 songs r not not available in tamil audio CD.
these r available in telugu version(NENU DEVUDNI) audio cd...
1.maa ganga...(title song)
singer: kunal ganjawala
lyrics : bharat acharya

link:http://rapidshare.com/files/199715275/Nenu_Devudni-Maa_Ganga.mp3

2.song : aham brahmasmi...
singer : bhupinder singh
lyrics : yoga mohan

link :http://rapidshare.com/files/199715522/Nenu_Devudni-Aham_Brahmasmi.mp3

....songs r ripped from audio cd.....very good quality...download and enjoy..

Sureshs65
23rd February 2009, 12:04 AM
nbp,

Thanks. May the blessings of 'Devudu' be with you :)

Will check if Telugu CD is available here. Excellent quality of 'Maa Ganga'. Thanks once again.

Fliflo
23rd February 2009, 05:00 AM
I saw Bala's interview in Kalaignar today. Very good interview. There was one question about Ilayaraja. The interviewer asked to say about IR's contribution and this is what Bala replied.

" IR brought life to the movie. We made everything but finally IR was the one to give life and hence to him IR was the first hero followed by Arya, Pooja and himself"

I will try to post the link in next few days.

Sanjeevi
23rd February 2009, 05:58 PM
http://jeyamohan.in/?p=1869

SVN
24th February 2009, 09:32 PM
Jayamohan, who is credited with the dialogues and whose story the movie is based on says that a few key scenes were deleted. One of them is that the blind beggar (lead actress Pooja) Hamsavalli is converted to Christianity.. (the songs Amma Un PiLLai naan and Maata un koyilil now make sense). And when the character of Thaandavan comes to the nuns asking them to hand her over, the nun tells him, 'We won't betray her for 30 pieces of silver'. To which he says, 'How about 30,000 pieces of silver'? The next scene shows Hamsavalli sitting in front of Thaandavan! He does not clarify whether this scene was deleted at the behest of the censor board or was initiated by the director himself, fearing backlash. Either way, it's a known fact that it's much easier for our filmmakers to take any amount of creative liberty only with a certain religion ;).

raja_fan
25th February 2009, 09:04 AM
Either way, it's a known fact that it's much easier for our filmmakers to take any amount of creative liberty only with a certain religion .

Ha..Ha..Exactly friend ! :)

A certain colour of robes always reserved for depicting duplicity and cheats in the society. That is Tamil Cinema from the 1950s to the recent Padma Sree awardee.

Bala atleast had the guts to deviate from that :)

raja_fan
25th February 2009, 09:43 PM
[tscii:7bb4e77656]

Translation of the review of the "genius" Charu Nivedita in a Malayalam journal . A must read to understand his "genius" ! :)

---------------------
தமிழகம் வாழ்த்தும் இயக்குனர் பாலாவின் இது வரை வெளிவந்த படங்களை ( சேது,
நந்தா , பிதாமகன்) கடுமையாக விமர்சித்துள்ளேன் நான். அதனாலேயே பாலவின்
புதிய படமான “நான் கடவுளை” பார்ப்பதில்லையென்று தீர்மானித்திருந்தேன்.
அது மட்டுமல்லாமல் எனக்குப் பிடிக்காத இசையமைப்பாளர் இளையராஜாவும்,
எழுத்தாளர் ஜெயமோகனும், மூன்று வருடங்களெடுத்து நிறைவு செய்த இந்தப்
படத்தின் பின்னணியிலுள்ளனர். அதனால் இம்முவர் சங்கத்தின் திசைக்கே
போகக்கூடாதென்று கருதியிருந்தேன்.

இதற்கிடையில், ஒரு வாரப்பத்திரிக்கையில், இப்படத்தை "கொடுமைகள் நிறைந்த
படம் " என்று சிறப்பித்திருந்ததனால் ஒரு சிறிய நம்பிக்கை எட்டிப்
பார்த்தது..ஏனென்றால் அவ்விமர்சனத்தை எழுதியவர் ஒரு படத்தை தரம்
தாழ்ந்தது என்று குறிப்பிட்டு இருந்தால் அது நல்ல சினிமாவாக இருக்கும்
என்பது என் அனுபவம். ஆனால் அதன் பிறகு சிறிய தயக்கம். பின் என்
நண்பர்களின் எண்ணத்தைக் குறித்து ஒரு வோட்டெடுப்பு நடத்தினேன். குறைந்த
பட்சம் 20 பேரிடமாவது கேட்டிருப்பேன். ’படம் பிடித்திருந்ததா இல்லையா ? “
என்ற என் கேள்விக்கு யாருமே நேராக பதிலளிக்கவில்லை. இறுதியில் தைரியத்தை
வரவழைத்துக் கொண்டு படத்தைக் காணச் சென்றேன்!!
அகிரா குரோசோவாவின் " The Lower Depths” (1957) ற்கு இணையான ஒரு படம்
கண்ட உணர்வு.. Maxim Gorky இன் நாடகத்தின் கதையை ஆதாரமகக் கொண்டது தான் “
The Lower Depths”. “ நான் கடவுளைப் " போல் அந்தப் படத்திலும் விளிம்பு
நிலை மனிதர்கள் தான் முக்கியக் கதாபாத்திரங்கள். “ The Lower Depths “ல்
விலை மாதர்களும், பிச்சைக்காரர்களும் திருடர்களும், எல்லாவரும், நரகம்
போன்றொரு குப்பைக் கிடங்கின் பாதாள அறையில் தான் வசித்து வருவார்கள். “
நான் கடவுளின் " பாதாள அறை எனக்கு குரோசாவின் படத்தை நினைவூட்டியது.

ஒரு வகையில் “ slumdog millionaire” ஐக் காட்டிலும் சிறந்த கலைப்படைப்பு
என்று " நான் கடவுளைக் " கூறலாம். உலக சினிமாவில் புன்வைல் (Luis
Bunuel) மட்டும் தான் விளிம்பு நிலை மனிதர்களின் வாழ்க்கையை இத்தனை
தீவிரத்துடன் சித்தரித்திருக்கிறார். “ நான் கடவுளில் "
அப்பிச்சைக்காரர்களை அந்த பாதாள அறையில் அறிமுகப்படுத்தும் அக்காட்சி
புன்வைல், குரோசாவா போன்ற இயக்குனர்களின் காட்சிப்படைப்புக்களுக்கு
இணையாக உள்ளது...இந்தியாவைப் போல உள்ள மூன்றாமுலக நாட்டில் யாரும்
பார்க்காத, அல்லது பார்த்தும் பார்க்காமல் போகும் குரூரமான வாழ்க்கைகளின்
பச்சையான நிதர்சனம் தானிது.

இத்தனை விசித்திரமான மனிதர்களை வெர்னர் ஹெர்சாக் படத்திலும் ( பெயர்
ஞாபகமில்லை ) ஒட்ராவ்ஸ்கியின் படத்திலும் மட்டுமே காண முடியும்.

இந்த உருப்படிகளெல்லாம் ஹாலிவுட் படத்தில் நாம் காணும் கிராபிக்ஸ்
உருவங்களல்ல. எல்லா வழிபாட்டுத்தலங்களின் வெளியிலும் சாதாரணமாகாக்
காணக்கிடைப்பவர் தானிவர்கள். சில்லறைகளை எறிந்து விட்டு நாம் இவர்களைக்
கடந்து செல்லும்போது பால என்ற இயக்குனர் இவர்களின் உலகத்திற்கு இறங்கிச்
சென்று இருக்கிறார். அவர்கள் வாழ்வது நாம் வாழும் கற்பனை உலகமல்ல.
டெலிவிஷனும் மசாலா சினிமாக்களும் காட்சி வைக்கும் வர்ணமயமான கனவுகள்
நிறைந்த உலகமல்ல அது. அது உண்மையிலேயே ஒரு நரகம் தான். இவ்வுலகத்தைத்
திரைப்படத்தில் எடுத்துக்காட்டுவது அராஜகமென்று சொல்பவரே...இப்படிப்பட்ட
ஒரு நரகத்தை உருவாக்கி அதில் இம்மனிதர்களை கைதிகளாக்கி வைத்திருக்கும்
நமது சமூகத்தையும்,இச்சமூகத்தில் அங்கமான நம்மையும் நமது சுயநலத்தையும்
என்னவென்பது..

' slumdog millionaire' படத்தை ஹிந்துத்துவவாதிகள் எதிர்ப்பதிலும், '
நான் கடவுளை ' ஞானி எதிர்ப்பதிலும் ஒரு வித்தியாசத்தையும் நான்
காணவில்லை..

கலை, பண்பாடு, பாரம்பரியம் போன்ற விஷயங்களைக் குறித்துப் பேசும்போது
ஹிந்துத்துவவாதிகளும் இடது பட்சத்தைச் சேர்ந்தவர்களு ஒரே மாதிரியான
நிலைப்பாட்டை எடுப்பது புதிதல்லவே..
அதர்மமும் பயங்கரமும் நிறைந்த இச்சமூகத்தின் மீது ஒரு கலைஞனின் எதிர்வினை
தான் ' நான் கடவுள் ' . இவ்வெதிர்வினை இத்தனை தீவிரமாகவும்
கலைநயத்தோடும் இது வரை எந்த தமிழ்ப் படத்திலும் சித்தரிப்படவில்லை.
திரைப்படத்தின் ஒவ்வொரு காட்சியும் இதற்கு உறுதுணையாக உள்ளது.
உதாரணத்திற்கு,10 லட்சம் ரூபாய்க்கு அம்சவல்லியை வாங்க முயற்சிப்பவனுடைய
முகம் ' mummy ' யின் முகத்தைப்போலத் தோன்றுகிறது. ஹாலிவுட் மேக்கப்
கலைஞர்களை கோடம்பாக்கத்திற்கு வரவைத்து உருவாக்கப்பட்டதல்ல இம்முகம்.
இயற்கயின் விசித்திரமான ஸ்ரிஷ்டிதான் இது.

பாலா என்ற இயக்குனருக்கு சமூகத்தோடு ஏன் இத்தனை கோபமென்று தான் நான்
சிந்தித்தேன். எதற்காகக் கடுமையான மொழியை உபயோகிக்கிறீர்களென்று
பெரியாரிடம் கேட்டபோது அவர் ‘ ' பல நூற்றாண்டுகளாக தமிழ் சமூகம்
உறக்கத்திலாழ்ந்திருக்கிறது. அதைச் சாட்டை கொண்டு அடித்துத்தான்
விழித்தெழச் செய்ய வேண்டும்’ ' என்றாராம். பாலாவின் இப்படத்தைக் கண்ட
போது அவ்வாசகம் தான் எனக்கு ஞாபகத்துக்கு வந்தது. ஆனால் பெரியார்
சொன்னாலும் எந்தப் பயனும் ஏற்படவில்லை. சாட்டையடியை எறும்புக்கடியாக
எண்ணி விலக்கித் தள்ளிவிட்டு தமிழ் சமூகம் மீண்டும் மயங்கிக்
கிடக்கிறது. இத்திரைப்படம் இச்சமூகத்தை நிலை குலையச் செய்துள்ளது.
அதானால் தான் தமிழர்களால் இப்படத்தைக் குறித்து தீர்மானமான ஒரு
அபிப்பிராயம் சொல்ல முடிவதில்லை.

' slumdog millionaire ' ஐக்காட்டிலும் பலமடங்கு சிறந்தது ' நான் கடவுள்
'. ஆனால் உலகமெங்கும் விவாதிக்கப்படும் ' slumdog millionaire ' ஐப்போல்
' நான் கடவுள் ' விவாதிக்கப்படவில்லை. பாஷையல்ல காரணம். ஈரானியப் படங்கள்
பாஷையை மீறி உலகமெங்கும் வரவேற்கப்படுகின்றனவே. வேறென்ன காரணம்?

முதலாவது இளையாராஜாவின் இசை. பாலா இப்படத்தை புன்வைல், குரோசாவா
படங்களுக்கு இணையாக எடுத்துச் செல்ல முயலும்போது இளையராஜா இப்படத்தை '
கரகாட்டக்காரனின் ' தரத்துக்கு எடுத்துச் செல்ல யத்தனிக்கிறார்.
தனிப்பட்ட விருப்பு வெறுப்புக்களால் அல்ல நான் இதைச் சொல்வது. படத்தின்
துவக்கம் காசியிலும் கங்கையிலும் நடக்கின்றது. இவ்வுலகத்தில்
மரணத்திற்கு ஒரு நகரமுண்டென்றால் அது காசி. மனித வாழ்க்கையில்
மரணத்தைப்போல் ஒரு மர்மமில்லை என்று காசி நமக்கு உணர்த்துகிறது.
மனிதன் மரணத்தைக் கண்டு பயப்படவும் அதனிடமிருந்த் விலகுவதற்கு ஆன
மட்டிலும் முயற்சியும் செய்கிறான். ஏழை, பணக்காரன், ஆண், பெண், நல்லவன் ,
கெட்டவன் என்று வித்தியாசமுமில்லமல் மரணம் வருவதும் போவதும்
செய்துகொண்டிருக்கின்றது. இத்தனை சிக்கலான விஷயத்தை விளக்கும்
காட்சிகளில் இளையாராஜா ‘ரொமாண்டிக்கான ' பின்னணி இசையை நல்கியிருக்கிறார்
இளையராஜா. மனிதர்கள் நடுக்கத்தோடு பார்க்கும் மரணத்தை ' ரொமாண்டிக்காக
' சித்தரிக்க இளையராஜாவால் மட்டுமே முடியும்.

அது போகட்டும். ஆனால் குருடியான பிச்சைக்காரி ட்ரெயினில் பாட்டு பாடி
பிச்சையெடுக்கும்போது பின்னணியில் நூறு வயலின், தபலா, கீபோர்டு என்று
ஆர்க்கெஸ்ட்ராவின் சங்கீதம் கேட்பது எப்படியென்று எவ்வளவு ஆலோசனை
செய்தும் புரியவில்லை.

ட்ரெயினில் பாட்டு பாடி பிச்சையெடுக்கும் அம்சவல்லியின் இனிமையான குரலே
அவளுக்கு ஆபத்தாக முடிகிறது. இதைப்போல் ஒரு காட்சி 'slumdog millionaire
'லும் உள்ளது. சேரியிலிருந்து அனாதைகளையும் குழந்தைகலையும்
கடத்திக்கொண்டு வந்து அவர்களுடைய கை கால்களை உடைத்தும், கண்களைக்
குருடாக்கியும் பிச்சைக்காரர்களாக மாற்றுபவர்ன், குழந்தைகளை வரிசையாக
நிறுத்தி வைத்து ' தர்ஷன் தே கன்ஷ்யாம் நாத், ' மோரி அக்கியான் ப்யாஸீ
ஹே' என்ற பாடலை பாடச் சொல்கிறான். நன்றாகப் பாடும் சிறுவனைத்
தேர்ந்தெடுத்து குருடனாக்குகிறான். பிறிதொருநாள் சப்வேயில் அதே பாட்டைப்
பாடிப் பிச்சையெடுக்கும் ஒரு சிறுவனை பாடலை சரியாகப் பாட முடியாமல்
கூட்டத்தில் இருந்து தப்பியோடிய வேறொரு சிறுவன் சந்திக்கிறான். ' slumdog
millionaire ’ ல் மிக முக்கியமான கட்டங்களில் ஒன்று இது. அந்தப்
பிச்சையெடுக்கும் சிறுவன் அப்பாடலைப் பாடும் கட்டங்களில் பின்னணியில்
இசைப்பது ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மானின் ஆர்க்கெஸ்ட்ரா இசையல்ல. ஒரு
குருட்டுப்பிச்சைக்காரன் பாடிப் பிச்சையெடுக்கும் போது கேட்கும் அதே
படியான இசையே இங்கு இசைக்கப்பட்கிறது. ஆனால் அம்சவல்லி பாடும்போதெல்லாம்
மூன்றாம் தர டப்பாங்குத்து சினிமாக்களுக்கான இசையை இளையராஜா
உபயோகித்திருக்கிறார். இத்தனை உயர்ந்த ஒரு கலைப்படைப்பாக இருந்தாலும் இது
போலுள்ள இசை இப்படைப்பின் நம்பிக்கைத்தன்மைக்கு ஊறு விளைவிக்கிறது.

ஒரு உதாரணமும் கூட..’பிச்சைப்பாத்திரம் ஏந்தி வந்தேன், அய்யனே, என்
அய்யனே ' என்ற பாடல் காட்சி. நம் சமுகம் இந்த மனிதர்களுக்கு
உருவாக்கிக் கொடுத்திருக்கும் நரகத்த்தின் குரூரமான யதார்த்தம்
இக்காட்சிகளில் சித்தரிக்கப்பட்டுள்ளது. எதிர்பார்ப்புகளை இழ்ந்த இது
நரகம். 'slumdog millionare ' ல் சேரிகளை அறிமுகப்படுத்தும் தொடக்க
பாடல் காட்சிகளுக்கும் இதற்கும் நிறைய வித்தியாசம். ஏ.ஆர் ரஹ்மானின்
குரலிலும், ஸ்ரீலங்கன் தமிழ் வம்சாவளியில் வந்த மாதங்கி மாயாவின் ராப்
பாடலும் சேர்ந்து ஒத்திசைத்த ' ஓ சய்யா' என்ற பாடல் பின்னணியில்
முழங்குகிறது. என் ஊகம் சரியென்றால் நீங்கள் இதைப் படிக்கும் சமயத்தில்
அப்பாடலுக்கு ஆஸ்கர் பரிசு கிடைத்திருக்கும். ஆனால் பாலா
சித்தரித்திருக்கும் இந்த க்ளாசிக் காட்சிகளுக்கு இளையராஜ இசைத்திருக்கு
இசையோ? இளையராஜாவின் குரலிலேயே இப்பாடலைக் கேட்கும்போது தோன்றுவது என்ன
தெரியுமா? அம்பானி, அமிதாப் பச்சன் தொடங்கிய கோடீஸ்வரர்கள் மும்பை
வினாயகர் கோவிலுக்கு வேண்டுதலுக்காக தங்கத் திருவோடு கையிலேந்திச்
செல்வது..அது போல குருத்வாராத்தில் சென்று பக்தர்களி செருப்புக்களைச்
சுத்தம் செய்யும் கோடீஸ்வரர்களும் உண்டு. இப்படிப்பட்ட பக்திகரமான
காட்சிகளுக்கு இளையராஜாவின் இசை ஒத்துப்போகலாம் . ஆனால் பாலா
ஸ்ருஷ்டித்துள்ள நிணமும் கண்ணீரும் நிறைந்தொழுகும் பிச்சைக்காரர்களின்
உலகத்திற்கு சிறிது சேரவில்லை இந்த இசையும் பாடலும். ' பிச்சைப்பாத்திரம்
ஏந்தி வந்தேன் ‘' என்ற அப்பாடல் ரஜினிகாந்திற்காக யேசுதாஸ் பாடிய '
அம்மாவென்றழைக்காத உயிரில்லையே ' என்ற செண்டிமெண்ட் பாடலை
நினைவுபடுத்தியது என்பது உண்மை.

உலகத்தில் முக்கியமான காவியத் (epic )திரைப்படங்களில் ஒன்றாக
விவாதிக்கப்படவேண்டிய இத்திரைப்படத்திற்கு சாதாரண மசாலா சினிமாவின்
தரத்திற்கு த் தாழ்த்த Mastero இளையராஜாவின் முயற்சிகளைக் குறித்து
இன்னமும் சொல்ல வேண்டும். அம்சவல்லியை விற்பனைக்காகக் கடத்திக்கொண்டு
போகும் காட்சியிலும் இதைப்போலே ரொமாண்டிக்கான இசைதான் பின்னணியில். பால
உள்ளிட்ட இளையராஜ ரசிகர்கள் என் மேல் கோபப்படாமல் அகிரா குரோசோவாவின் '
The Lower Depths ' படத்தை ஒரு முறை பார்க்குமாறு சிபாரிசு செய்கிறேன்.
இத்தகைய படங்களில் இசை எப்படி இருக்கவேண்டுமென்பதின் எடுத்துக்காட்டு
தான் 'Masaru Sato' வின் இசை.

நான் கடவுளில் பாலாவுக்க்கு இணையாக பங்களித்திருப்பது இரண்டு பேர். ஆர்ட்
டைரக்டரான கிருஷ்னமூர்த்தியும், வசனகர்த்தாவான ஜெயமோகனும். இவர் இரண்டு
பேருமே இலக்கிய உலகத்தோடு தொடர்புள்ளவர்கள் என்பது
குறிப்பிடத்தக்கதாகும். பாலாவின் சிந்தனையில் உதித்த விஷயங்களை
வார்த்தையில் பிரகாசிக்காச் செய்திருக்கிறார் ஜெயமோகன். ரசிகர்களை
படத்தோடு ஒன்றச் செய்ததில் ஜெயமோகனின் வசனங்கள் பெரும்பங்கு
வகிக்கின்றன. நரகத்தைக் குறித்துள்ள பயங்கக் காட்சிகளாக இருந்தாலும்,
படம் முழுவது ‘ ப்ளாக் ஹ்யூமர் ' ரசிகனை திரைப்படத்தின் உள்ளே அழைத்துச்
செல்கிறது..

'slumdog millionaire' ஐப்போல விவாதிக்கப்படாமலிருப்பதற்கு இன்னொரு
காரணமும் உள்ளது. ருத்ரனுக்கும் தாண்டவனுக்கும் நடக்கும் கைகலப்பு,
இறுதிக்காட்சிகள். ருத்ரன் ஒரு அகோரி, அகோரி என்றால் மனித ரூபத்திலுள்ள
கடவுள். ஒரு மனிதனுக்கு இனி மறு பிறவி இல்லாமல் செய்யக்கூடிய
சக்தியுள்ளவன். சுடுகாட்டில் வசிப்பவன். பிணங்களைப் புசிப்பவன்.
அப்படிப்பட்டவன் எதற்காகத் தாண்டவனை ரஜினிகாந்த்,விஜய்காந்த், விஜய்,
விஷால், தனுஷ் போலுள்ள சினிமா ஹீரோக்களைப்போல் ஸ்டண்ட் மாஸ்டர் சொன்னபடி
15 நிமிடத்திற்கு சண்டையிட்டு சம்ஹாரம் செய்ய வேண்டும்? தமிழ் மசாலா
சினிமாக்களின் ஃபார்முலாப்படி நாயகன் இறுதியில் நீண்ட சண்டையில் வில்லனை
ஒரு வழி பண்ணுவான். அதே ஃபார்முலாவை பாலாவும் உபயோகிக்கும்போது அது
படத்தை பாதிக்கவே செய்கிறது.

இப்படத்தில் ஜெயமோகன் எழுதிய வசனங்களைக் குறித்து ஒரு கேள்வி:
ஹிந்துத்துவவாதிகளின் பார்வையில் இருந்து 'slumdog millionaire' படத்தை
விமர்சித்தவர் தான் ஜெயமோகன். ஆனால் அதை விட பல மடங்கு தீவிரத்துடன்
இந்தியாவின் யதார்த்த வாழ்வை வெளிச்சம் போட்டுக் காட்டும் ' நான்
கடவுளுக்கு ' இத்தனை அழுத்தமான வரிகளை எப்படி எழுத முடிந்தது? இதே படத்தை
ஆங்கிலத்தில் எடுத்து, அதிலும் ஜெயமோகனே வசனம் எழுதுகிறாரென்றால் அப்போது
அப்படத்தின் மீது அவரின் அணுகுமுறை எப்படி இருக்கும்?

' நான் கடவுள் ‘ படத்தில் உடல் ஊனமுற்றவர்களை
‘உபயோகப்படுத்திக்கொண்டிருக்கிறார்கள்’ என்றும், இப்படம்
அவர்களுக்கெதிரானதென்றும் ஒரு குற்றச்சாட்டு எழுந்திருக்கிறது. விளிம்பு
நிலை மனிதர்களுக்கெதிரான தென்று கூட சொல்லப்படலாம்.
அப்படிக்கூறுபவர்களுக்கு கலை என்றால் என்னவென்று தெரியாது என்று தான்
சொல்ல வே&#2979

MumbaiRamki
25th February 2009, 11:18 PM
As usual , charu 's review !Honest , but wrong points.

'Romantic' music a ..ada aandavaa ..i felt exactly the opposite .. it was too over done , too mystic !!

NormalMan
26th February 2009, 04:48 AM
Is this guy a certified crackpot? Never heard of him. Looks like he has vengeance against IR to his core.

Plum
26th February 2009, 11:02 AM
"அது மட்டுமல்லாமல் எனக்குப் பிடிக்காத இசையமைப்பாளர் இளையராஜாவும், அதனால் இம்முவர் சங்கத்தின் திசைக்கே
போகக்கூடாதென்று கருதியிருந்தேன்.
"

Aha!aha! Enne gnanam, enne arivu. Idhuvallavo latchiyam

rajasaranam
26th February 2009, 11:43 AM
Is this guy a certified crackpot? Never heard of him. Looks like he has vengeance against IR to his core.
:lol:
Yes Iam also not able to understand his vengeance for Raaja and love for Rahman. This seems to be not a mere fanboy reaction :?

Hulkster
26th February 2009, 12:01 PM
Let us not bother about that fella. I think he must have been one of those media personnel who would have received a rollicking from IR when they tried to approach him with controversial questions. Adi patta idam unnum gunam adiyavillei. :lol2:

joe
26th February 2009, 12:12 PM
:lol:
Yes Iam also not able to understand his vengeance for Raaja and love for Rahman. This seems to be not a mere fanboy reaction :?

என்னுடைய அனுமானம்...

சாருநிவேதிதா பொதுவாக தன்னை அதிமேதாவியாக காட்டிக்கொள்ள நாம் இதுவரை கேள்விப்பட்டிராத ஒரு ஊர் பேரை சொல்லி அங்கே ஒரு மக்கள் புரட்சியாளன் இருந்தான் , அவ்ன் மிகப்பெரும் இசைக்கலைஞன் கூட ..விளிம்புநிலை மக்களின் தாகத்தை தன் இசையில் ஏற்றி அவன் இசைத்த கீதங்கள் உலகின் ஒப்பற்ற இசைக்கோர்ப்புகளை தோற்கடித்தன . ஸ்நோடீக்கா நகரின் ருவாஸ்கிடோ என்னும் மக்கள் போராளி தன் மரண தருவாயிலும் அதி உன்னதமான இசையை இசைத்துக்கொண்டிருக்கும் போதே சுட்டுக்கொல்லப்பட்டான் .அதன் ஒரு கூறை நான் பாரிஸ் நகரில் கேட்ட போது உடல் சிலிர்த்தது என்ற ரீதியில் எழுதுவார் ..ஒரு முறை யாரோ ஒருவர் இப்படிப்பட்ட ஒரு நாலு பேரின் பெயரைச் சொல்லி இளையராஜாவிடம் இவர்கள் இசை பற்றி என்ன நினைக்கிறீர்கள் என கேட்க அதற்கு இளையராஜா "அந்த குப்பைகளை நான் இசையாக கருதுவதில்லை" என்ற ரீதியில் பதில் சொல்லியிருந்தார் .

இங்கிருந்து தான் சாருவின் இளையராஜா வெறுப்பு தொடங்கியிருக்க வேண்டும். :)

rajasaranam
26th February 2009, 01:20 PM
Joe,

You are mistaken! the question about marley, dylan and paavalar was raised by S.Anand of outlook, during the thiruvaasagam release for which Raaja had answered that he is beyond those garbages. I too had reacted strongly at that point of time for what Raaja said. But later when I thought about it I realized Anand should've triggered that kind of reaction from Raaja as Paavalar was also included the list and Raaja has high regards for his brother which is evident from his various interviews.

Charu's vengeance towards raaja dates back much before to this incident. In an earlier article he had blamed both Bharathiraaja and Ilaiyaraaja for having romanticized films and music taking away the reality from them. You can observe the same words being used once again in this current article too. I think it is a philosophical/political standpoint he is taking against Raaja and his kind of music. But how does it transfer into vengeance is what thats evading me! His stand has blurred his 'ears' such that he cant see past the 'romanticism' in Raaja's music. I agree to an extent that yes BR and IR have romanticized our senses but without this romance and fantasy our life would've been dull and boring :) its only because of the romanticism that was in Raaja's music in eighties (It is still there but peaked in 80's) that many people here are drunk like madmen with it and are refusing to see the other sides of the multidimensional prism of music that which Raaja is creating.
To me both Charu and many Raaja fans here are same, who are seeing only one aspect of Raaja's music. The former is hating him for it and later is madly in love with him for it. Sadly Raaja's music is yet to be understood by both factions!

Plum
26th February 2009, 01:37 PM
Charu Niveditaku "Enge Sellum Inge paadhai" kooda Romantic duet maadhiri thonudhama?
Enna solraaru ya ivaru? Here I have many Rahman fans telling me tht they cannot tolerate IR because "that guy has been scoring azhuvachi music since Idhayam". Ivarukku ellam romantic-a irukka?
Enna ezhavu ya idhu? Rahman-e vandhu SDM pathi enna solraarunna, Danny didnt want the suffering and the drama shown in the movie to reflect in the BGM hence I scored it to reflect optimism, hope and romanticism-nu.
But to Charu, that sounds so real and non-romanticising-a thonudha.
Charu, friend, you have totally, monumentally mis-read the score of both SDM and NK. If anything, SDM is the movie that romanticises the poverty aspect and tries to sugar-coat, which is reflected in the music - and dear dear friend Charu, I am not saying this, Rahman said that!
Nalla ENT specialist-ai anugavum. On second thoughts, sorry the problem is not with your ears - it is with your seriously messed up brain.

crajkumar_be
26th February 2009, 02:09 PM
:rotfl:

MrJudge
26th February 2009, 03:06 PM
His stand has blurred his 'ears' such that he cant see past the 'romanticism' in Raaja's music.

He has raised this romanticism point in PV review also. Poor guy....Raaja has done a track (sung by himself) in 'puthiya vArpugaL' which is very similar to the lines of 'oorOram puLiyamaram' kind, very authentic folk song. Without knowing that, he wrote off Raaja in that article also.

SVN
26th February 2009, 05:56 PM
This crackpot (I am sure he uses both crack and pot in good measure everyday) also says that the song, 'Pichai Paathiram' is sung by IR and goes on to complain about the song, without realising that it's sung by Madhu Balakrishnan!

As for BGM, if real sounds is what constitutes good BGM, 99% of the award-winning movies wouldn't have been recognised for their musical scores. Perhaps he would have been happiest if the MD had used ONLY the sounds of chappla kattai, dalda tins, whistles, coins, thiruvodu, crutches, with sounds of coughing, spitting, farting and so on added to good measure. This pervert would have probably enjoyed the movie experience even more.

He contradicts himself when he compares the score with that of SDM, where I feel the romanticism and creative liberty is even more pronounced.

Also, as usual, he doesn't make sense (at least to me) at many instances.. Why is he dragging the Srilankan origin of the female singer in SDM's O Saaya? What is he trying to imply?

I am stunned that this fellow has many fans, who are willing to pay their hard earned money to buy his work!

Sanjeevi
26th February 2009, 09:01 PM
ada nAthAri payalE Charu :rotfl:

expecting hot reply from JM

irir123
26th February 2009, 11:58 PM
raajasaranam - pls check your PM

venkkiram
27th February 2009, 09:44 AM
சாரு ஒரு ஞானசூன்யம் என எல்லா நேரங்களிலும் நிரூபித்து வருகிறார்.

ராஜாவின் பின்னணி இசையைவிட யுவனின் பின்னணி இசை மேலானது என சில வருடங்களுக்கு முன்பு பிதற்றினார். ஏதாவது ஒரு வகையில் ராஜாவை குற்றம் சொல்லியாக வேண்டும் சாருவுக்கு. இவர் ஒரு சாதாரண பத்தி எழுத்தாளர் மட்டுமே. இலக்கியம், கதை எல்லாம் இவருக்கும் காத தூரம். அப்படியிருக்க, இசையை பற்றி ஒரு எழவும் தெரியாத ஒருவன் ஒரு இசைமேதையின் ஞானத்தை விமர்சிக்கும் பாங்கையே நாம் இங்கே சாருவிடத்தில் காண்கிறோம்.

முரண்பாடுகளின் உச்சம் சாரு. எல்லாரும் சூரியன் கிழக்கே உதிக்கிறது எனச் சொன்னால், "இல்லை வடக்கில் தான் உதிக்கிறது" எனச் சொல்வார். குறைந்த பட்சம் கிழக்கிற்கு எதிர்திசையான மேற்கில் உதிக்கிறது என்ற கோணத்தில் கூட யோசித்து சொல்லும் அளவுக்குக் கூட சிந்தனை ஆற்றல் இல்லாதவரே சாரு.

தயவு செய்து, இசை யென்றால் என்ன? சத்தம் என்றால் என்ன என்ற அடிப்படை அறிவையாவது சாரு கற்றுக்கொண்ட பிறகு ராஜாவை விமர்சனம் செய்யப் புறப்படலாம்.

இவர் அமேரிக்காவில் பிறந்திருந்தால் ஜான் வில்லியம்ஸ் இசை குப்பை என பிதற்றுவார். மைக்கேல் ஜாக்ஸன் இசையே உன்னதமானது என கிறுக்குவார். இவருக்கு வேண்டியது எப்படியாவது இளைஞர்கள் மத்தியில் புகழ்.

தாடி வைத்தவனெல்லாம் திருவள்ளுவர் என்றால் ஆட்டுக்கு கூட தாடி முளைக்கிறது. உடனே அதையும் வள்ளுவன் என அழைக்கமுடியுமா என்ன? அதுபோல, பேனா பிடித்தவரெல்லாம் விமர்சகரும், எழுத்தாளருமாக முடியாது.

raja_fan
27th February 2009, 01:27 PM
[tscii:dd8956f692]

http://www.thinnai.com/?module=displaystory&story_id=20902261&format=html

சாருநிவேதிதா என்றொரு இசை ஆசிரியர்

சேதுபதி அருணாசலம்

'நான் கடவுள்' திரைப்படம் மீது மிகுந்த எதிர்பார்ப்புகள் திரைப்படம் வெளியாவதற்கு முன்பே இருந்தன. திரைப்படம் வெளியானபின்னும் ஒரு பெரிய பரபரப்பு ஊரெங்கும் நிலவியது. கிட்டத்தட்ட அத்தனை வலைப்பதிவர்களும், வலைப்பதிவு வைத்திருக்கும் எழுத்தாளர்களும் இத்திரைப்படத்தைப் பற்றிய தங்கள் விமர்சனங்களை எழுதித் தீர்த்துவிட்டார்கள். பெரும்பாலான பத்திரிகைகளும் ‘நான் கடவுள்’ விமர்சனத்தை வெளியிட்டிருக்கின்றன. அவற்றுள் சிறப்பானது கலாகெளமதி என்ற மலையாளப் பத்திரிகையில் வெளியான சாருநிவேதிதாவின் விமர்சனம்.

வெறும் திரைப்படத்தை மட்டுமல்லாமல், 'நான் கடவுள்' திரைப்படத்தின் இசையையும் மிக விரிவாக ஆராய்ந்திருந்தது அந்த விமர்சனம். அந்த விமர்சனத்தின் வழியாக உலக இசை, இந்திய இசை, விளிம்புநிலை இசை, தமிழக இசை, கரகாட்ட இசை, ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மானின் இசை, இளையராஜாவின் இசை என அத்தனையையும் என்னால் தெரிந்து கொள்ளமுடிந்தது. எத்தனையோ இசைக்கலைஞர்களைக் கேட்டும், விமர்சனங்களைப் படித்தும், விமர்சகர்களோடும், கலைஞர்களோடும் உரையாடியும் தெரிந்துகொள்ள முடியாத பல விஷயங்கள் அந்த ஒரு விமர்சனத்திலிருந்து மட்டுமே கிடைத்தது.

1) ஒரு ஈரானியப் படம் போலவோ, லத்தீன் அமெரிக்கப்படம் போலவோ, ஸ்லம்டாக் மில்லியனர் போலவோ ஒரு உலகப்படத்துக்குத் தேவையான விஷயம் 'உலக இசை'. எந்த நாட்டுக்காரர் கேட்டாலும் எந்த யோசனையும் செய்யாமல் உடனே ஏற்றுக்கொள்ளமுடியும் இசை. அப்படிப்பட்டதொரு இசை 'நான் கடவுள்' படத்துக்கு கிடைக்கவில்லை. இளையராஜா தன்னுடைய 'உலகத்தன்மை இல்லாத' இசையால் 'நான் கடவுள்' திரைப்படத்தை அதலபாதாளத்துக்குத் தள்ளிவிட்டார்.

2) கரகாட்டக்காரன் போன்ற கரகாட்டக்கலையைப் பின்னணியாகக் கொண்ட திரைப்படத்துக்குக் கூட நீங்கள் 'உலக இசை'யை மட்டுமே பின்னணியில் தரவேண்டும். தவில், நாதஸ்வரம் போன்றவையெல்லாம் இசைக்கக் கூடாது. ஏனென்றால் லத்தீன் அமெரிக்கத் திரைப்படங்களிலோ, 'The Lower depths' என்ற அகிரா குராசோவாவின் திரைப்படத்திலோ அந்தக் கருவிகள் இசைக்கப்படுவதில்லை.

3) ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் குரலைக் கேட்கும்போது விளிம்புநிலையும், இளையராஜாவின் குரலைக் கேட்கும்போது போலியான ஒரு ஆன்மிகவாதியும் உங்களுக்கு நினைவுக்கு வரவேண்டும். 'பிச்சைப் பாத்திரம் ஏந்திவந்தேன்' என்ற பாடலை மதுபாலகிருஷ்ணன் குரலில் கேட்டாலும் உங்களுக்குக் கிடைக்க வேண்டியது இளையராஜாவின் குரலே!

4) அப்படிப்பட்ட இளையராஜாவின் குரலில் 'பிச்சைப்பாத்திரம் ஏந்திவந்தேன்' என்று பிச்சைக்காரர்களின் வாழ்க்கையைக் காட்டும்போது பாடுவது பக்கா ரொமாண்டிசிஸம். ஆனால் ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் குரலில், ஸ்ரீலங்கன் தமிழ் வம்சாவளியில் வந்த மாதங்கி மாயாவின் ராப் பாடலும் சேர்ந்து, டிஜிட்டல் ரிதம், distorter இதையெல்லாம் வைத்துக் கொண்டு, "She has made me thrifty Like a ninja with speed i am nifty I hope i live till i am fifty See my city go a quick to a drifty" என்ற வரிகளுடன் ஒரு சேரியைக் காண்பிப்பதில் சிறிதளவும் ரொமாண்டிசிஸம் கிடையாது. ஏனென்றால் ரஹ்மானின் குரலைக் கேட்ட அடுத்த கணமே நமக்கு விளிம்புநிலை கண்ணுக்குத் தெரிகிறது. உடம்பெல்லாம் புல்லரித்து நாம் திரைப்படத்தோடு ஒன்றிவிட முடிகிறது. அது நல்ல இசை - ஏனென்றால் அது உலக இசை. Live Flesh என்ற ஸ்பானிய திரைப்படத்தில் நாயகன் தன் மனைவியின் கள்ளக்காதலனைக் காணச் செல்லும்போது கூட இதே போன்ற இசைதான் பின்னணியில் வரும். சுத்தமாக ரொமாண்டிசிஸமே இல்லாத 'உலக இசை' 'ஓ சய்யா' என்ற பாடல்தான் என்பதில் இன்னும் என்ன சந்தேகம் இருக்க முடியும்?

5) இளையராஜாவின் குரலைக் கேட்கும்போது அமிதாப், அம்பானி போன்ற பெரிய பணக்காரர்கள் கையில் போலித்தனமாக ஒரு சடங்குக்காக பிச்சையெடுப்பது உங்கள் நினைவுக்கு வரவேண்டும். ஏனென்றால் இளையராஜாவின் ஆன்மீகம் முன்பே ஒருமுறை சாருநிவேதிதா சொன்னது போல போலித்தனமானது. ஆனால் ரஹ்மானின் குரலைக் கேட்கும்போதே விளிம்புநிலை நமக்கு நினைவுக்கு வருகிறது. ஏனென்றால் சாருநிவேதிதா முன்பே ஒருமுறை சொன்னது போல ரஹ்மானின் ஆன்மிகம் ஏழைகளுடன் புழங்கும், விளிம்புநிலையினரின் தத்துவமான சூஃபியிஸம்.

6) காசி ஒரு மரண நகரம். அந்த நகரத்தைக் காண்பிக்கும்போது மரணத்தை முன்னிருத்தும் இசை மட்டுமே வரவேண்டும். இளையராஜாவோ 'ஓம் சிவோஹம்' என்ற ருத்ரவரிகளைக் கொண்ட பாடலைக் கொண்டு படுபயங்கரமாக ரொமாண்டிசைஸ் செய்துவிட்டார். கிட்டத்தட்ட அந்த நகரத்தின் அகோரி ஆன்மீகத்தை வெளிப்படுத்தும் ருத்ரத்தைப் பின்னணியாக்கி ரொமாண்டிசைஸ் செய்துவிட்டார். எந்த லத்தீன் அமெரிக்கப் படத்திலும், ஜப்பானியப்படத்திலும், ஈரானியப்படத்திலும் நடக்காத விஷயம் இது. விளைவாக 'நான் கடவுள்' உலகத்திரைப்படம் என்ற ஒரு விஷயத்திலிருந்து சர,சரவென்று இறங்கி ஒரு சாதாரண 'இந்தியப்'படமாகிவிட்டது.

7) செல்லோ, வயோலா, நூற்றுக்கணக்கான வயலின்களுடன் சிம்பனியைப் போல சண்டைக் காட்சிக்குப் பின்னணி இசை அமைத்திருந்தார் இளையராஜா. ஆனால் அது சாருநிவேதிதாவின் காதுகளில் விழவில்லை. ஏனென்றால் இப்படிப்பட்ட இசை இப்போது உலகத் திரைப்படங்களில் காலாவதியாகிவிட்டது. செவ்வியல் இசையெல்லாம் இப்போது அங்கே out-of-fashion. Pianist, Schindler's list பொன்ற படங்களுடன் அப்படிப்பட்ட இசை காலாவதியாகிவிட்டது. இப்போதெல்லாம் அங்கே ராப்தான் in-thing. மேலும் லத்தீன் அமெரிக்க, ஈரானிய, ஜப்பானியப் படங்களில் சண்டைக்காட்சிகள் இல்லாததால், ஒரு சண்டைக்காட்சிக்குப் பின்னணி இசை எப்படி இருக்க வேண்டும் என்று சாருநிவேதிதாவுக்குத் தெரியாமல் போய்விட்டது. அதனால் அதைப் பற்றிப் பேசுவதில்லை என்று முடிவு செய்துவிட்டார்.

8) உலகத் திரைப்படங்களில் இசையமைப்புக்கும், இயக்குநருக்கும் எந்தத் தொடர்புமே இல்லை. அதனால்தான் சாருநிவேதிதா பிச்சைக்காரர்கள் பாடுவது போல பழம்பெரும் பாடகர்களின் ஒரிஜினல் குரலையே தந்ததையும், பின்னணியில் ஆர்க்கெஸ்ட்ரா வாசிப்பதையும் முழுக்க முழுக்க இசையமைப்பாளரின் குற்றமாகச் சொல்கிறார். ஆனால் படத்துக்கு வசனமெழுதியவரோ “பாலா அதை யோசிக்காதவராக இருப்பார் என்று எண்ணி அறிவுரை சொல்லவேண்டியதில்லை. அங்கே அவர் உருவாக்க விரும்பியது ‘ரியலிஸத்தை‘ அல்ல. நக்கலை. அவரது நோக்கம் இதுதான். அந்தக்குரல் பிச்சைக்காரர்களின் குரலே அல்ல. தாயிற்சிறந்த கோயிலும் இல்லை, முருகாமுருகா, சொந்தமில்லை எல்லாமே ‘வெளி‘க்குரல்கள். அவர்களுக்கு ‘தலைக்குமேல்‘ உள்ள உலகில் இருந்து வரும் குரல்கள்.அவர்கள் அதற்கு வாயசைக்கிறார்கள். தங்கள் தொண்டைகளை விட்டுக்கொடுக்கிறார்கள். அது அவர்களின் பாட்டு அல்ல. ‘அம்மா தாயே பசிக்குதே சாமீ’ மட்டும்தான் அவர்களின் பாட்டும் குரலும். அந்த வேறுபாட்டை உருவாக்க எண்ணினார் அவர். அது வந்துசேரவில்லை என்று வேண்டுமானால் சொல்லுங்கள். அது பாலாவின் தவறாக இருக்கலாம். உங்கள் தவறாகவும் இருக்கலாம்” என்று சொல்கிறார்[1]. ஆனால் நாம் இதையெல்லாம் பொருட்படுத்தத் தேவையில்லை. உலகத்திரைப்படங்கள் இப்படி உருவாவதில்லை.

9) பிச்சைக்காரர்களின் உலகத்தைக் காண்பிக்கும்போது பந்துவராளி, ஹம்ஸநந்தி போன்ற ராகங்கள் தெறிக்கும் பின்னணி இசை நம்மை படத்துக்குள் இழுத்துச் செல்லும். அம்ஸவல்லியை பிச்சைக்காரத்தொழிலுக்காக இழுத்துச்செல்லும் போதும் இந்த சாயலில்தான் பின்னணி இசை வரும். கவனம். அது உலக இசையில்லை. ராகங்களை அடிப்படையாகக் கொண்ட, ஸ்லம்டாக் மில்லியனர் திரைப்படத்தில் வருவது போலில்லாத, லத்தீன் அமெரிக்க திரைப்படங்களில் கேட்கக் கிடைக்காத படு திராபையான இந்திய மரபிசை. கே.வி.மஹாதேவன், எம்.எஸ்.வி போன்றவர்களெல்லம் இப்படிப்பட்ட மரபிசையை வழங்கி உலக இசையில் இடம்பெறாமல் போனது பெரும் துரதிர்ஷ்டம்.

சாருநிவேதிதாவின் ஒரே ஒரு கட்டுரையிலிருந்தே இசை தொடர்பாக இத்தனை விஷயங்களை நம்மால் தெரிந்து கொள்ள முடிகிறது. ஆனால் பாருங்கள், ஆஸ்கார் விருதை வென்று நமக்கெல்லாம் பெருமைத் தேடித்தந்த ரஹ்மானோ, நேற்று(26-02-2008) அளித்த ஒரு பேட்டியில், உலக இசையைப் பற்றி ஒன்றும் தெரியாத, உலகத்தரமான படத்தைக்கூட ஒரு டப்பாங்குத்து இசையின் மூலம் அதலபாதாளத்துக்குத் தள்ளிவிடக்கூடிய இளையராஜாவைப் பற்றிப் பேசும்போது “இளையராஜாவுக்கு முன்பு இந்த ஆஸ்கர் விருதுகள் சாதாரணமானவை. இளையராஜாவின் இசை சர்வதேச எல்லைகளைக் கடந்தது. சரியான முறையில் அவரது இசை எடுத்துச் செல்லப்பட்டிருந்தால் எப்போதோ அவர் ஆஸ்கர் விருதினை வென்றிருப்பார்” என்று சொல்லியிருக்கிறார்[2]. எனக்கென்னவோ ரஹ்மானுக்கு இன்னும் இந்த ‘உலக இசை’யைப் பற்றி சரிவரத் தெரியவில்லை என்று தோன்றுகிறது. சாருநிவேதிதா எழுதியுள்ள இந்த அரிய கட்டுரையிலிருந்து அவர் ‘உலக இசை’யைப் பற்றி மேலும் தெரிந்து கொள்ளவேண்டும். இப்படி இசையைப் பற்றி (ரஹ்மான் உட்பட) நாம் எல்லோரும் மேன்மேலும் பலவிஷயங்கள் தெரிந்து கொள்வதற்காவது இளையராஜா தொடர்ந்து இசையமைக்க வேண்டும், அதை சாருநிவேதிதா தொடர்ந்து விமர்சிக்க வேண்டும்.

இந்த விமர்சனத்தை சாருநிவேதிதா கொஞ்சம் முன்னரே வெளியிட்டிருக்கலாம். சாருநிவேதிதாவின் விசிலடிச்சான் குஞ்சுகளிலேயே பலபேர் இந்தத் திரைப்படத்தின் இசையை அவசரப்பட்டு சிலாகித்து இளையராஜாவை மேதை, கீதை என்றெல்லாம் எழுதித் தொலைத்துவிட்டார்கள். அவர்களுடைய நிலைதான் மிகவும் பரிதாபத்துக்குரியது!

சுட்டிகள்:

[1] http://jeyamohan.in/?p=1869

[2] http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2009/02/26-ilayaraja-is-above-oscars-ar-rahman.html

[/tscii:dd8956f692]

rajasaranam
27th February 2009, 01:35 PM
raja_fan,

Sirichi sirichi kannulla thanni vanthuduchu :lol: thanks for the link man :D

joe
27th February 2009, 01:37 PM
சேதுபதி அருணாச்சலம் வச்சான்யா ஆப்பு :lol:

rajasaranam
27th February 2009, 01:44 PM
இந்த விமர்சனத்தை சாருநிவேதிதா கொஞ்சம் முன்னரே வெளியிட்டிருக்கலாம். சாருநிவேதிதாவின் விசிலடிச்சான் குஞ்சுகளிலேயே பலபேர் இந்தத் திரைப்படத்தின் இசையை அவசரப்பட்டு சிலாகித்து இளையராஜாவை மேதை, கீதை என்றெல்லாம் எழுதித் தொலைத்துவிட்டார்கள். அவர்களுடைய நிலைதான் மிகவும் பரிதாபத்துக்குரியது!

:rotfl: :lol: :rotfl:

rajasaranam
27th February 2009, 01:45 PM

:rotfl: :lol: :rotfl:

rajasaranam
27th February 2009, 01:50 PM
[tscii:1daf21e565]
ஒரு உதாரணமும் கூட..’பிச்சைப்பாத்திரம் ஏந்தி வந்தேன், அய்யனே, என் அய்யனே ' என்ற பாடல் காட்சி. நம் சமுகம் இந்த மனிதர்களுக்கு
உருவாக்கிக் கொடுத்திருக்கும் நரகத்த்தின் குரூரமான யதார்த்தம்
இக்காட்சிகளில் சித்தரிக்கப்பட்டுள்ளது. எதிர்பார்ப்புகளை இழ்ந்த இது நரகம். 'slumdog millionare ' ல் சேரிகளை அறிமுகப்படுத்தும் தொடக்க பாடல் காட்சிகளுக்கும் இதற்கும் நிறைய வித்தியாசம். ஏ.ஆர் ரஹ்மானின் குரலிலும், ஸ்ரீலங்கன் தமிழ் வம்சாவளியில் வந்த மாதங்கி மாயாவின் ராப் பாடலும் சேர்ந்து ஒத்திசைத்த ' ஓ சய்யா' என்ற பாடல் பின்னணியில் முழங்குகிறது. என் ஊகம் சரியென்றால் நீங்கள் இதைப் படிக்கும் சமயத்தில் அப்பாடலுக்கு ஆஸ்கர் பரிசு கிடைத்திருக்கும்.

அவன் ஊகம் சரி இல்லை! ஜெய் ஹோ பாட்டுக்குதான் ஆஸ்கார் கிடைத்தது :) [/tscii:1daf21e565]

Sureshs65
27th February 2009, 02:15 PM
:) ROTFL.

Plum
27th February 2009, 03:29 PM
raja_fan, indha link nalla link-a potteenga. Thanks. I echo Joe's words.

eagle
27th February 2009, 06:17 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/events/17619.html

I wish charu can see this. In my opinion he will start finding fault with rahmans music. :lol:

BTW hats off to you Rahman. I wish you along with so many raaja fans that you continue to make good music, collaborate with international talents make experimental albums. More importantly break the barriers (music or otherwise) along the way....

Sureshs65
27th February 2009, 08:11 PM
The biggest joke is when Charu says that people are terrified in front of death in Kaasi. The actual fact is opposite. To Hindus, Kaasi represents peace, a sort of acceptance of death. Here is where people come to terms with death. Charu's view of death is a western view and would probably be appropriate for some other place, not Kaasi. So the music here should reflect the peace that Kaasi offers in the midst of the inevitable. Bala, Arthur Wilson and Raja understand this well. The whole title scene shows Kaasi in various moods but everything is peaceful and these are not staged scenes. The music is amazingly apt. "Maa Ganga" conveys that peace. Kudos to the lyricist as well. "Moksh Dilaye, Dhyan Jagaye" and "Mayavi Sansar Hai, Kaasi Moksh Ka Dwar Hai" reflect what Kaasi stands for. When you are filled with hatred I think your brain stops working, as it happened in Charu's case.

popeye11
27th February 2009, 08:12 PM
சேதுபதி அருணாச்சலம் வச்சான்யா ஆப்பு :lol:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Sariyana Marana Adi..

MrJudge
27th February 2009, 11:36 PM
:rotfl2:

cry_sandiego
28th February 2009, 08:17 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

njv
2nd March 2009, 11:27 PM
Does Pitchai Paathiram and Chinna Thaayaval from Dhalapathi has anything in common? Like same raga etc.

baroque
3rd March 2009, 04:23 AM
njv sir,

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/TPplayer.asp?sngs=%27SNGIRR3004%27

pichchai paaththiram yendhi vandhen....Shri.IR's is the same tune as kannana poo magane...Thanneer thanneer... Shri.MSV's pathos all run with the gamakam of hindustani raga BASANT MUKHARI.

http://www.dhool.com/sotd2/670.html

what can I say! Shri.M.S.Viswanathan RULES forever. :clap:

WADA KARLE SAJNA....KALYANJI ANANDJI COMPOSITION BY RAFI-LATA MEMORABLE HIT... romantic composition.

CHINNATHTHAAYAVAL.....IS raga PILU.

bajarey yedhu naadham.....sadasiva brahmendra keerthanai.

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/p/x/7J22n18uGd.As1NMvHdW/

follow the melodies for PILU gamakams.

deivam thandha veedu....Shri.MSV.... :musicsmile: eternal musical in aval oru thodarkadhai... EVERYTHING DONE TO PERFECTION.:thumbsup:

http://www.raaga.com/playerV31/index.asp?pick=92&mode=3&rand=0.001447393916606865&bhcp=1

MAINU ISHQ DA LAGYA ROG.....DIL HAI KE MANTA NAHIN....NADEEM SHARAVAN...AMIR KHAN AND POOJA BHATT LOADED WITH attitude.

jhula bahon ka.......DOLI SAJA KE RAKHNA.....very urban and beautiful composition from RAHMAN. (HINDI- KADHALUKKU MARIYAADHAI)

VANNAM KONDA.....SPB'S SIKARAM.

http://www.imeem.com/shamanji/music/3WNQMdnk/40-vannam-konda/

TU JO MERE SUR MEIN.... POPULAR YESUDAS HINDI DELIGHT. CHITCHOOR what a classical album from Ravindra jain.

http://www.raaga.com/playerV31/index.asp?pick=2940&mode=3&rand=0.27304406488448396&bhcp=1

Another from Rahman in the film JODI, Simran is a beautiful girl

oru poiyaavadhu sol kanney... carries gamakam of piloo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_clf2sLVFCc&feature=related

vinatha.

thumburu
3rd March 2009, 03:59 PM
I don't think "Pitchai paathiram" sounds like the "rhanneer thanneer" song.
Infact to me, it starts off like an old Salil choudary composition
"thingaL maalai ven kudaiyaan" sung by KJYesudoss and it is just the opening line and not beyond that

baroque
3rd March 2009, 09:02 PM
it is hindustani counter part of Vasanta Mukhari & Vagulambaram -share the phrases, which is Basant mukhari, please listen to a Hindustani, Carnatic instrumental. Let me go with my ears pick up. :)
kannaana poo maganey..... Shri.MSV has carried out the gamakams strongly while churning out the soulful tune, let the emotive singer hum etc.. :) One of my favorite 80s-non IR song.

SVN
3rd March 2009, 09:06 PM
Here's a video of Vijay Prakash singing Om ShivOham.

This appears to be a casual studio session.

Look for other songs like Man Mohini. He is a truly talented singer, who understands the 'bhava' of the songs and seems to enjoy what he does.

http://ishare.rediff.com/filevideoAdd.php?id=581609

njv
3rd March 2009, 10:38 PM
baroque/vinatha

Thanks

In my little world of carnatic/music knowledge, I only know charanam, pallavi, interlude, prelude, ghamakam :)

So when I sing Pitchai paathiram, after the charanam I automatically start singing chinna thai aval pallavi and the reason I raised the question.

How to go about learning basics of raga?

Vivasaayi
3rd March 2009, 10:40 PM
baroque/vinatha

Thanks

In my little world of carnatic/music knowledge, I only know charanam, pallavi, interlude, prelude, ghamakam :)

So when I sing Pitchai paathiram, after the charanam I automatically start singing chinna thai aval pallavi and the reason I raised the question.

How to go about learning basics of raga?

what is ghamakam?

baroque
3rd March 2009, 11:29 PM
[tscii:a19630ba33]njv,
I am a novice person too. You deserve better help. :)
I am familiar with few keerthanais... :) that's all. Don't worry about vasantha mukhari-vagulambaram shared phrases - basant mukhari etc..

Now I have given you for Raagam PILOO compositions rt. just follow and enjoy.

You can learn another raga Meghmalgar from the same movie JODI of Rahman.
Listen to Ustad Rashid Khan’s RTP in Rag Megh Malhar.

You can pick up
Velli malarey.... Jodi ... Rahman
dheem dara......Thakshak of Rahman.
kanaa kaanum kangal... MSV ..(megh & megh malhar kalappadam)

Like that you enjoy, :)
vivasaayi,
You go to Carnatic forums, you will learn in detail.

Vinatha.
[/tscii:a19630ba33] :)

jaiganes
3rd March 2009, 11:29 PM
really nice expressive singing . he has nailed it!!!

jaiganes
3rd March 2009, 11:30 PM
vivasaayi - naama locala sonna sangathi. detours from the set tune into your own sangadhis.

Sureshs65
4th March 2009, 02:32 PM
Vivasaayi,

I am not expert in this. I telling what I know. Gamakam is the oscillation on a note. Except for Sa and Pa, every other note can be oscillated from it fixed position. Which note gets oscillated and how it gets oscillated and how much it gets oscillated depends on the raga being sung. These are also known as microtones. Carnatic music uses gamakams to the maximum extent possible. Hindustani music also uses gamakams but nt as much as Carnatic. Western Classical music does not use gamakams. If you take an instrument like piano, it is designed to play the note at its intended position. So no gamakam is possible on a piano and carnatic music will sound pretty awful on it. On the other hand, Veena is designed to play the gamakas and even a novice on the veena can casually invoke the carnatic bhavam.

njv: I have followed the only path I know to identifying ragas. Listen, listen, listen till you fully tired. And then listen some more :)

Vivasaayi
4th March 2009, 02:39 PM
suresh and jaiganesh

:)

thank u

irir123
4th March 2009, 07:00 PM
Vivasaayi - last week I asked one of my colleagues who sings in the opera and well-versed in WEstern classical music(WCM) to listen to "Raatthiri nerathil" from ANJALI and O Saya from SDM to compare and contrast the context-based scores and asked him for his opinion - I explained the context/situation for which the 'Raathiri' was conceived/composed since he already knew the context for the SDM song

here is his feedback which includes references to glissandos (thats wat gamakas are called in WCM)

"from what I have learnt Indian music likes continuity of tone, glissando, and melisma. Such things are not rap like nor can be employed in rap effectively, for instance the Anjali - Raathiri Nerathil.mp3. In it is full of vibrato and glissando. It sounds like rap, but isn't the American rap, hence Americans probably wouldn't identify with it. A nothing thing that you do not hear in American rap is classical instruments. What you hear are drums and beats and electronic sounds in rhythm. American rap is an industrial/technological product. One reason for SDM's appeal is that the rap song it has sound like American rap. No where in there do you hear classical instruments. The beat that the song employ is also the type of beat mainstream American rapper employ. The beat is called hip-hop! This => Anjali - Raathiri Nerathil.mp3, has no hip hop beat, ergo not appealing to the rap generation. You can wiggle your body to the SDM rap, not Anjali - Raathiri Nerathil.mp3. In term of musical technicality, the mp3 (anjali) is more richly layered. The SDM song is not as richly layered, but what it has are sounds more like rap that's from over here"

jaiganes
4th March 2009, 07:01 PM
there is something else called bruhas.
that is extending gamakas to next level. It is a total detour from the set tune - but in the same raagam. It is the only tool available to a trained classical carnatic singer to show the audience that he/she knows the tune, the raaga and something more - something special from the singer. Then there is kalpana swarams that people like Vel or vicky can throw extra light on. It will do well to keep watching ragamalika program on Kairali - do they have it still?

joe
6th March 2009, 07:18 AM
இளையராஜாவின் குரல் அல்ல; மது பாலகிருஷ்ணனின் குரல் என்று எழுதியதற்கு நன்றி. என்னைப் பொறுத்தவரை ரெண்டுக்கும் வித்தியாசம் தெரியவில்லை. ரெண்டுமே ஒரே மாதிரி ரொமாண்டிக் இழுவையாகத்தான் இருந்தது. எனக்கு யேசுதாஸின் குரலும் பிடிக்காது. என்னவென்றே தெரியவில்லை; சின்ன வயதிலிருந்தே யேசுதாஸின் குரலைக் கேட்டால் எனக்கு வயிற்று வலி வந்து விடும். இதை கேரளாவில் கூட பலமுறை சொல்லியிருக்கிறேன். கேரளாவில் எனக்குப் பிடித்த விஷயங்கள் ஆயிரம் உண்டு. அந்த நிலம், நீர், மழை, பெண்கள், தேங்காய், உணவு, கள், மத்தி மீன், உனக்கலரி என்று சொல்லப்படும் சிவப்பு அரிசி என்று ஏராளம், ஏராளம்...இது ஒரு சொர்க்கமோ என்று சொக்க வைக்கும் அழகையும் லாகிரியையும் கொண்ட அந்தப் பூமியில் எனக்குப் பிடிக்காதது ஒன்று உண்டு என்றால் அது யேசுதாஸின் குரல். போகட்டும்.

:rotfl:

venkkiram
6th March 2009, 08:39 AM
அப்படியே சேதுபதி அருணாச்சலத்தின் மடலுக்கும் சாருவை பதில் எழுதி தொலைக்கட்டும்.

இது ராஜாவின் குரல் அல்ல என சுட்டிக்காட்டினால், இன்னொரு பல்டி.

பா.ம.க தோற்றுவிடும் போலிருக்கிறது இவரது பல்டிக்கு..

அப்படியே ஜேசுதாஸையும் பிடிக்காது என்ற பீடிகை வேறு. ஒரு விஷயம் நன்றாக புரிகிறது. ஒவ்வொரு மண்ணிலிருந்தும் அதன் வாசனையை அகற்றப்பார்க்கிறார். தமிழ் நாட்டிலிருந்து ராஜாவை.. கேரளாவிலிருந்து ஜேசுதாஸை..

சாரு சினிமாவில் நடிக்கவில்லை. நல்ல வேளை வடிவேலு, விவேக் போன்றவர்கள் தப்பித்தார்கள். மனுஷன் நகைச்சுவையாக பேசாமல் சாதாரணமாக இதுபோல பேசினாலே தியேட்டரில் எல்லா படமும் வெள்ளி விழா தான்.

இப்படித்தான் ஒரு முறை , தான் மெரினா கடற்கரையில் அடிக்கடி நண்பர்களுடன் மணிக்கணக்காக உட்கார்ந்து பேசுவதாகவும், ஆனாலும் ரொம்ப நாட்களுக்கு பிறகே அங்கே ஒரு கடல் இருக்கிறது என தெரிந்துகொண்டதாகவும் குறிப்பிட்டிருந்தார். அதாவது கேக்குறவன் கேனயனா இருந்தா..

பாவம்... இந்த விசிலடிச்சான் குஞ்சுகளின் நிலைமையை நினைத்துப் பார்த்தால்..

ராஜாவை ஒப்பிட இவர் குறிப்பிடுகிற வடிவேலு நகைச்சுவையை கொஞ்சம் இவருக்கும் இவரது விசிலடிச்சான் குஞ்சிகளுக்கும் பொறுத்தி பாருங்கள்.. சிரித்து மாளாது.

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

ராஜாவை அறவே பிடிக்காது என சொன்ன சாரு இப்போது ராஜா தனது குரலிலேயே பாடிய ஐம்பது பாடல்களை கொடுக்கமுடியும் என இறங்கி வருகிறார்.

எப்படியோ ராஜாவைத் தாக்கினால் தமிழ் நாட்டில் சீக்கிரம் புகழ் அடையலாம், ஜேசுதாஸை தாக்கினால் கேரளாவில் பிரபலமாகலாம் என்ற மலிவான எண்ணத்தோடு உலவுகிறார் சாரு.

Vivasaayi
6th March 2009, 10:45 AM
irir,

interesting!

thanks u :)

Plum
6th March 2009, 01:32 PM
joe, confarmed. Marai kazhanda case idhu. I dont like to be so harsh in any forum but I have to make an exception in this case, Charu Nivedita takes the cake, the lining, the topping and the icing for sheer idiocy.

Vivasaayi
6th March 2009, 10:18 PM
என்னுடைய அனுமானம்...

சாருநிவேதிதா பொதுவாக தன்னை அதிமேதாவியாக காட்டிக்கொள்ள நாம் இதுவரை கேள்விப்பட்டிராத ஒரு ஊர் பேரை சொல்லி அங்கே ஒரு மக்கள் புரட்சியாளன் இருந்தான் , அவ்ன் மிகப்பெரும் இசைக்கலைஞன் கூட ..விளிம்புநிலை மக்களின் தாகத்தை தன் இசையில் ஏற்றி அவன் இசைத்த கீதங்கள் உலகின் ஒப்பற்ற இசைக்கோர்ப்புகளை தோற்கடித்தன . ஸ்நோடீக்கா நகரின் ருவாஸ்கிடோ என்னும் மக்கள் போராளி தன் மரண தருவாயிலும் அதி உன்னதமான இசையை இசைத்துக்கொண்டிருக்கும் போதே சுட்டுக்கொல்லப்பட்டான் .அதன் ஒரு கூறை நான் பாரிஸ் நகரில் கேட்ட போது உடல் சிலிர்த்தது என்ற ரீதியில் எழுதுவார் ..ஒரு முறை யாரோ ஒருவர் இப்படிப்பட்ட ஒரு நாலு பேரின் பெயரைச் சொல்லி இளையராஜாவிடம் இவர்கள் இசை பற்றி என்ன நினைக்கிறீர்கள் என கேட்க அதற்கு இளையராஜா "அந்த குப்பைகளை நான் இசையாக கருதுவதில்லை" என்ற ரீதியில் பதில் சொல்லியிருந்தார் .

இங்கிருந்து தான் சாருவின் இளையராஜா வெறுப்பு தொடங்கியிருக்க வேண்டும்.

http://charuonline.com/March09/IllayarajaDiscussion.html

:)

joe
6th March 2009, 11:22 PM
Vivasaayi :ty:

venkiks
7th March 2009, 03:03 AM
Vivasaayi :ty:

இளையராஜா விமர்சகரான இவர் இளையராஜாவின் இசையை ஏன் விமர்சிக்க வேண்டும்.
அந்த கோணல் புத்திக்காரரின் பெயரை type செய்யவே கை கூசுகிறது.

raja_fan
7th March 2009, 09:00 AM
[tscii:3427694ac9]
From Charu's reply to Perumal

அப்பேர்ப்பட்ட மக்கள் கலைஞனான கத்தாரைப் பற்றி உங்கள் இளையராஜா என்ன சொன்னார் தெரியுமா?

“குப்பை.”

அப்படியானால் இளையராஜாவுக்கு இசை கற்பித்த அவரது அண்ணன் பாவலர் வரதராசன் யார்? அவரும் கம்யூனிஸ்ட் கட்சியில் கத்தாரைப் போல் பாடிக் கொண்டிருந்தவர்தான்.

Now See...

Charu's problem is not IR's music. But IR has "insulted" a communist activist. That is Charu's problem.

idhai thaan naan aarambathil irundhu solgiraen !

People like Charu, Gnani etc, judge artists on the basis of political ideology, not by art !

That is why Gnani could not tolerate IR's work on Thiruvasagam too.., because culture, religion etc are all bitter things to Communist ideology !

idhai sonnaal, some people call my posts as extreme right wing Hindutva stuff :)

[/tscii:3427694ac9]

K
7th March 2009, 11:00 AM
"I'm Beyond these Garbage" this was mis understood as I understand. Raja could have meant that he is beyond these political "Garbage"(from a philosopher's view). Sitrarivu padaithor mis quoting that.

Hulkster
7th March 2009, 11:05 AM
Vidunga K. Expecting IR to put in a extremely elaborate answer to make these "gnanis" bow to him is worthless. Do they expect IR to say "Charu thaan yen idhayathai thotta communist"? Wunt these people bother about his music rather bother about what he thinks of other stuff? Political Science Exam-ah yezhuthuraaru ithu patri pesa?

MrJudge
7th March 2009, 12:07 PM
Read Charu's letter and the last two words are really funny "oonRi padikkavum" ...

adap pOyA..... vEra vELai illa

raja_fan
7th March 2009, 01:24 PM
Raja was a man who was deeply influenced by Communism in his early days.

But according to Raja himself, he had some divine vibrations when he visited Kollur Mookambika temple, which drew him towards religious faith and spirituality.

Charu, Gnani etc perhaps see Raja as a traitor who abandoned Communism.
My friend says Charu once commented that Raja's spiritual face is fake and at the same time he appreciated Rahman with the words like "avarudaiya aanmikathin muthirchiyai purindhuk kolla mudigiradhu" :)

Even Sethupathi Arunachalam has mentioned this in his reply, I guess.

MrJudge
7th March 2009, 01:34 PM
Raja was a man who was deeply influenced by Communism in his early days.

But according to Raja himself, he had some divine vibrations when he visited Kollur Mookambika temple, which drew him towards religious faith and spirituality.

Charu, Gnani etc perhaps see Raja as a traitor who abandoned Communism.
My friend says Charu once commented that Raja's spiritual face is fake and at the same time he appreciated Rahman with the words like "avarudaiya aanmikathin muthirchiyai purindhuk kolla mudigiradhu" :)

Even Sethupathi Arunachalam has mentioned this in his reply, I guess.

In one of the shows of 'neeyA nAnA' in Vijay TV, Charu was the visitor and he said he was an atheist earlier and now he is a believer. I hope his belief is also a fake one. :lol:

sgmsin
8th March 2009, 03:19 AM
"Inna seitharai Oruthar Avar naana nannayam seithuvidal" Let charu get credit for his words.

Sanjeevi
8th March 2009, 09:50 AM
What happened to "Attacks" thread :roll:

MrJudge
8th March 2009, 11:21 PM
What happened to "Attacks" thread :roll:

Yeah, what happened to it?? saw it last night...I didn't visit the hub today until now.....anything controversial came out and got deleted by mods?

raagas
9th March 2009, 07:11 PM
Honestly speaking, it is good that Attacks thread is deleted. I felt we were only piling up lot of hate in that thread, useful or useless, valid or invalid...whatever. it was of no use.
thats my opinion anyways.

Plum
10th March 2009, 11:17 AM
"Honestly speaking, it is good that Attacks thread is deleted. I felt we were only piling up lot of hate in that thread, useful or useless, valid or invalid...whatever. it was of no use.

"
This gnanodayam should have come when IR was being attacked and slandered in that thread(not to you but whoever deleted it). Moment ARR's speech was analysed, it disappeared. (Again, I wouldnt call ARR arrogant based on that statement but those who believed in slanders about IR should)

eagle
10th March 2009, 11:46 AM
"Honestly speaking, it is good that Attacks thread is deleted. I felt we were only piling up lot of hate in that thread, useful or useless, valid or invalid...whatever. it was of no use.

"
This gnanodayam should have come when IR was being attacked and slandered in that thread(not to you but whoever deleted it). Moment ARR's speech was analysed, it disappeared. (Again, I wouldnt call ARR arrogant based on that statement but those who believed in slanders about IR should)

That thread should not have been removed completely. I hope moderator comes out with a reason for that.

rajasaranam
10th March 2009, 12:10 PM
No Moderator will come out with any reason. There is only one moderator who is an ARR fan and only he could have done this.

Plum
10th March 2009, 12:33 PM
RS, RR is an IR fan, if anything :-).
I dont understand why that thread had to go - if it had to go, it had to go when IR was being needlessly, meanly and baselessly slandered. The timing of its deletion does raise some ugly questions. I just hope that the people who were slandering IR are hanging their heads in shame now. And I also hope they are revising their opinion on ARR, now that his 'arrogance' has been brought to their eyes(it was always there but they chose not to see it). Afterall, these are people who will form opinions on idols based on one interview and one statement.
(well, like complicateur said in the deleted thread, even when IR bashers were running amok in that thread about arrogance, I wasnt bringing up that statement by ARR out of respect and also because to me, that statement is not an expression of arrogance - but now it has been brought to the fore, people who think themselves fair should have consistent standards - they called IR arrogant for far less so if they had any sense of shame, they should do the honours to ARR now :- ) . Again, this is for them not ARR, who is truly a genius and a gentleman.)

Plum
10th March 2009, 12:34 PM
It maybe because, as NOV said, jokingly or otherwise, ARR visits this forum, in which case we dont want to scare him away! If he did read that thread, he must be ashamed of his fans

rajasaranam
10th March 2009, 12:39 PM
Plum,

I didn't not mean RR. there are very few moderators in this hub, of whom I can see almost all are IR fans except one MSV fan and one ARR fan. I hope that MSV fan is not the culprit here!

complicateur
10th March 2009, 01:46 PM
Actually the basic premise for that thread was somewhat tilted towards discussing issues which are very non-productive. It (and assorted jibes from other threads) brought the worst out of me, even if it was in the interest of making a valid point. We must let things be - vAzhvu vanthathu aRpanukku illai. So artha-rAththiriyilum kudai pidippavargaL (I mean Charu, Gnani etc...) pidikkatum enRu vittudaNum.

Plum
10th March 2009, 02:12 PM
compli, non-productive-aa? Appo productive-a vera discussions nadakkudha engenachum :-). Neenga romba nallavaru, Compli :-)

complicateur
10th March 2009, 02:54 PM
Plum, I meant productive not so much in a 'goods and services' sense as in an 'insights and information' sense. And as regards being a 'nallvaru' I've already made the case that such conclusions cannot be arrived at based on posts. :)

Plum
10th March 2009, 03:59 PM
"We must let things be - vAzhvu vanthathu aRpanukku illai. So artha-rAththiriyilum kudai pidippavargaL (I mean Charu, Gnani etc...) pidikkatum enRu vittudaNum."
Eppovo vittache kudai pidikkaravanga pidichikkatatumnu - kudai pidikkaravanga inge vandhu kudainjadhale dhaane prachnai? Ippo paarunga, oru paya kaanom. Naani, vetki, thalai kunindhu, kooni kurugi poyirippanganu ninaikkaren.

littlemaster1982
10th March 2009, 05:24 PM
No Moderator will come out with any reason. There is only one moderator who is an ARR fan and only he could have done this.

Plum,

I didn't not mean RR. there are very few moderators in this hub, of whom I can see almost all are IR fans except one MSV fan and one ARR fan. I hope that MSV fan is not the culprit here!

I'm a moderator for ARR section only, FYI.

Plum
10th March 2009, 07:21 PM
RS, vidunga. Yaara irundha enna? Avangalukku nalla uriachirukkum already - vendha punla velai paicha vendaam. Vutuduvom.

irir123
11th March 2009, 12:33 AM
[tscii:90b1491c01]PAY DIRT!! renowned Los Angeles based journal FILM SCORE MONTHLY reviews and profiles Maestro.Ilaiyaraaja's music including NAAN KADAVUL!!!

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/daily/article.cfm/articleID/6175/An-"Unknown"-Indian-Film-Music-master/

Highlight: "The music for Naan Kadavul features, if you will, some of Ilaiyaraaja’s most Indian-influenced sounds and musical ideas far nearer to the surface than in the previous discs available for review. Repetitive beats and quasi-chant lines are similar in some respects to African drumming and their minimalist interpretations. Melodic ideas have that ancient ethnic sound that finds distant cousins in the music of the Middle East as well. As with other music heard by the composer, one is never struck that these are derivative, or adapted musics, being exploited. They are part of a masterful technique uniting the various musical sounds at his disposal."

Hip Hip Hurray![/tscii:90b1491c01]

fan_ir
11th March 2009, 01:24 AM
I find striking resemblance between this classic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DZeruOBuhQ and "Kannil Paarvai". Don't you feel the same?

Hulkster
11th March 2009, 05:02 AM
Probably the starting violin pieces but the former sounds more heavenly like your in a paradise compared to the latter.

thamizhvaanan
11th March 2009, 06:08 AM

"

That thread should not have been removed completely. I hope moderator comes out with a reason for that.

I would say the deletion was actually delayed, it should have been done much earlier. You guyz are reading too much into some trivial nitpick on ARR and the timing of deletion. I don't think anyone was feeling uneasy over that quote (one ARR fan even has it in her current signature :lol: ). If you can remember number of questions were raised why the thread was created and named so etc., As far as I see, the deletion followed those posts.

Back to Nan kadavul.

raja_fan
11th March 2009, 03:43 PM
fan_ir,

You are right. Probably IR referred to his old library for the song for a visually challenged person :)

Plum
11th March 2009, 07:54 PM
"You guyz are reading too much into some trivial nitpick on ARR and the timing of deletion"
Precisely. You guys dont get it do you? I have been saying that criticising ARR for that quote would be unfair just as certain ARR fans tried to pick with IR's statements before. I have been saying taht all along so you are not saying anything new here. The timing of deletion will raise questions because much worse had been said against IR before and the thread stood. Let's not obfuscate, Thamizh. The humility criticism on IR was unjustified and unwarranted. The quote from ARR was just to open your eyes to the fact that random quotes could easily be used to build a case against anyone. IARR is humble in one sense, IR is humble in another - all this "ARR is humble, IR is not" grumbles from his fans is just smokescreen and to a ARR worshipper, there could be no better window than that quote to get some perspective. Not sure if manyof you want to actually get perspective or give up the blinkers. Of course, I am talking of the 2-3 guys who keep attacking IR's character here not the whole body of ARR fans across the world.

Dragun
11th March 2009, 10:39 PM
Telugu version (Nenu Devudni)

http://cinefolks.com/telugu/AudioSongs/movie/Nenu+Devudni/

Except for Varaaliche Deivam (Pitchaipaathiram) and Om Sivoham the songs are different. And the Telugu CD includes Maa Ganga, which I believe was recorded last and wasn't included on the Tamil CD but is in the film.

buggle
18th March 2009, 07:21 PM
Friends, what's the status of this movie? Still running in Chennai?
it's more than a month i guess how did it do in the BO?
Any news?

Hulkster
18th March 2009, 07:40 PM
Its a hit. It ran four weeks(which is considered superhit here) in singapore with 95% attendance on weekends so it certainly would have run there for more.