PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Tamil Playback music ?

maestro006
31st October 2007, 12:42 PM
Why there is no one to give revolutionary music like Ilayaraja and Rahman did? Now the industry is full of junk music directors. Ilayaraja was unbeatable until 1992 and then ARR ruled till he moved to Bollywood. Deva was holding his postion for sometime and also Karthiraaja gave good music in later 90's. Now its Harris and Yuvan but are they consistent? They rip from all English albums and sometimes give hit. But there is no consistency. Bharadwaj and Vidyasagar are talented but they dont get ample chances.

And all the new music directors like Srikanth deva, devi sri prasad, d. imman,Vijay Antony, GV Prakash better stop doing music. Their music is totally crap. I dont know why Karthi raaja has lost his market he has immense potential far better than Yuvan, he has given very good numbers in Naam iruvar namakku iruvar, dum dum dum. But these producers and directors are only catching feet of all the stupid people who know only gana and some remix stuff. I know its a long debate but I feel someone should come with new stuff I am really sick to hear the songs composed by the present sick people. Are we really hearing good music like the ones we used to hear in ARR or Raajas times?

MADDY
31st October 2007, 02:14 PM
1960 - MSV & TKR
1976 - IR
1992 - ARR
2008 -

so wait till 2008.......hehehe........for me, biggest concern is breaking the ARR trend......someone, has to move completely away from his style of composing/sound engineering to make a difference......

maybe, natural instrumentation(sans loops) with good sound recording is a avenue that is still left....on genres, i still feel, R&B, Hip-Hop, heavy-metal, clubhouse (girlfrnd song in boys) are some genres still left for TFM.....they can also tap african folk genres, european folk genres, chinese (to an extent) .......

this is a very exciting topic itching my heart for a long time.....if seasoned people like MusicIsLife, vijayr, Bala(CR) and other IR fans can pitch in for this topic - it would be great.....

rajeshkrv
1st November 2007, 09:49 AM
Film making trend need to change so that the music changes