PDA

View Full Version : Baby Strollers

Akula
15th November 2007, 05:32 AM
Hi,
I am having a baby in January. I have been searching for information on good stroller especially travel system. I do not have any idea about strollers. Can somebody give me advice on strollers and how to choose the right one.

Thanks,
Akula.

app_engine
17th November 2007, 01:44 AM
Congratulations and best wishes!

Now, about strollers based on our recent experience. We use two strollers - each of a different type.

Umbrella stroller - this one looks like an umbrella when folded and light weight, can easily be carried around, occupies less space in the trunk etc. It's suitable for having the baby in side walks, mall and such well paved surfaces. Not very strong and is allowed to be taken on air-craft cabins.

Regular stroller - this will be quite sturdy, suitable even for unpaved surfaces (e.g. cherry picking) and has ample space to toss in the diaper bag. This will also have arrangement to snap-in the infant car seat - meaning you can lift the baby in the car seat and snap into the stoller while the baby sleeps. You can fold this and still it'll look bulky (like two folding chairs one on top of another) and occupy more space in a trunk...more suitable for mini-van. I'm not sure whether all airlines allow to take this in cabin, may have to be checked in...

Typically the first one costs < $20 & the next one could cost $100 or more depending upon the brand / choice / style and sometimes bundled with infant car seat too...

Akula
27th November 2007, 03:20 AM
Thanks app_engine