PDA

View Full Version : Year 2007 Roundup - Illayaraja

rooky
1st December 2007, 11:23 PM
Year 2007 has another interesting month to go.

Shall we discuss IRs music and movies this year?

rooky
1st December 2007, 11:29 PM
Let me list IRs 2007 movie releases:-

Tamil: Mayakannadi, Inimaey Naangathaan
Hindi: CheeniKum
Telugu: Anumanaspadam, Sunny
Malayalam: Vinodayatra,Pachakuthira, Sooriyan
Kannada: Aa Dinagalu

Non-film: Music Messaiah

Of these Nine movies, three were hits and as were the case in last few years,he had a superhit movie in malayalam - Vinodayatra.

CheeniKum in Hindi and AaDinagalu in Kannada make it for his other HITs.

Sanjeevi
1st December 2007, 11:34 PM
I think 2007 is worst year for Ilaiyaraja

i mean in tamil :cry:

Sanjeevi
1st December 2007, 11:38 PM
you have missed unreleased Ajantha in which somes are gr8

rooky
1st December 2007, 11:52 PM
I have listed only the movies released in 2007.Thats the reason to leave out Ajantha.

Sanjeevi
1st December 2007, 11:55 PM
I have listed only the movies released in 2007.Thats the reason to leave out Ajantha.

If Ajantha won't hit silver screen, how do you categorise Ajantha. Atleast the audio released in 2007 :wink:

rooky
2nd December 2007, 09:18 AM
From IRs' 2007 songs, My personal Picks:-

Tamil: Ulagilae azhagi (MK), Unnaikael (IN)
Hindi: Janaeo Do na(CK), Cheenikum(CK)
Mal: Mandarapoo(VY),Kaiyetha(VY)
Tel: Prathinitham(AP), Nee vethiki(AP)
Kan: Aa dinagalu(AD)

Renault
2nd December 2007, 10:39 PM
Kaiyetha (Vinodayatra) is the best song I have heard in recent times... too good a song..

selvakumar
6th December 2007, 02:25 PM
I liked cheeni kum a lot !

rooky
6th December 2007, 07:26 PM
CK is definitely one of the high points for IR in 2007.

This year, He didn't taste success in languages that he ruled undisputedly(tamil,telugu), but made good in relatively unexplored territories

vramesh
15th December 2007, 01:22 AM
Did Raja score for only these movies this year??

The output is definitely less :(

How much did he score in 2006? Any signs that he is going to quit? What are the projects lined up in 2008?

thanks

rooky
17th December 2007, 10:08 AM
There are definitely some interesting projects in the pipeline.

Tamil:
NaanKadavul, Mayilu, Dhanam, Movie directed by P.Vasu's asst director, Uliyin ooasai,RajKiran's movie and the long pending Ajantha.

Malayalam:
MohanLals' movie (sathiyans'), Mammoottys' mega budget PazhassiRaja, SMS.

Telugu:
Jai Vengamamba, kalyanRam's OKKADOSTUNNADU.

Hindi:
Balki's PA (Amitabh and Abhishek)

An Animation movie on AYYAPPAN in Malayalam,Tamil,English,Hindi.

Some of them may get delayed and we may see some new additions releasing quickly as well :)

>>> Yuvan is turning producer this year and IR is likely to score for one of them.
>>> There is a strong rumor that IR would produce a movie with Rajini and likely to score for that movie.
>>> Bharathi Raja has confirmed that IR would be the MD for his dream project "Kutraparambarai" and is likely to have one of the top5 heroes in the lead.

raja_fan
17th December 2007, 02:37 PM
IR should be the only MD whose projects end in never-releasing mystery.

Dhanam - ??????

Balki's Pa - Is it really going to start ??

Rajni's movie with IR was just a one time rumour..no substantiation after that.

BR's Kutraparamparai - Endha kaalathula aarambikka poraaru ?

Pazhassi Raja - No news for last few months !

rajaalltheway
17th December 2007, 04:58 PM
Pazhassi Raja post production is in full swing,mixing is almost complete.Amazing re recording,never before a historical had such a granduer and im hearing a malayalam period fim in multi channel output for the first time.Producer dileep fouled with multistarrer amma movie since he believes Ayya didnt give enough importance to his megaflop pachakkuthira

raja_fan
17th December 2007, 07:59 PM
rajaalltheway,

Great information ! did you get a chance to see how the scenes are picturized ? is it grand ?

amma movie ? I am not able to get you !

rajasaranam
18th December 2007, 01:07 PM
Pazhassi Raja post production is in full swing,mixing is almost complete.Amazing re recording,never before a historical had such a granduer and im hearing a malayalam period fim in multi channel output for the first time.Producer dileep fouled with multistarrer amma movie since he believes Ayya didnt give enough importance to his megaflop pachakkuthira

Hmmm kuduthu vachavar neenga :)

irir123
18th December 2007, 10:06 PM
what is multichannel output ? how wud you compare this score with that of the classic "oru vadakkan veeragatha" ? and the songs ?

raja_fan
19th December 2007, 06:34 AM
Out of curiosity, I listened to the songs of Vadakkan Veerakatha. Not by IR, but the songs are really simple, melodious and apt to a period Malayalam story. So it raises my hopes on the director Hariharan and the music of this film :)

app_engine
19th December 2007, 07:50 PM
raja_fan,
The Hariharan / MT Vasudevan Nair / Bombay Ravi combo had wonderful music in most of their movies. I think it started with panchAgni (if there are earlier ones, someone please correct me) which was released during my first year in Palakkad, fresh from the college. While in the process of trying to accustom to new environment -used to go to Coimbatore every other day and meet classmates, see Thamizh movies etc-, I wasn't able to enjoy the movie (found too slow at that time, might enjoy it now...it also had some arivAL suththiyal overtone). However, the songs impressed me so much, despite my strong Raja inclinations. Ofcourse, the songs of yAthrA (yamunE ninnudE nenjil etc. by IR for BM) were reverberating everywhere and made me happy, but 'Ah rAthri mAjnjnu pOyi' (KSC) & 'sAgarangnalE' (KJY) from panchAgni were sensation too. And they are close to me to this day.

This group soared to greater heights with nagakshadhangaL (remember 'manjnaL prasAdhavaum'? the evergreen number that got KSC national award...even the actress of that movie -Monisha- got NA but got killed in accident after that...the movie also had neerAduvAn, yAraiyun nindE...gems by KJY). oru vadakkan veeragAtha, vaishAli, pariNayam are some others that I could remember with MT / Bombay Ravi combo (may be with Hariharan or Bharathan)...every one of them were brilliant musicals.

I'm hopeful that Hariharan / MT combo will also extract some nice melodies from Raja...

rooky
20th December 2007, 05:47 PM
Update on Balkis' PA.

http://content.msn.co.in/Entertainment/Bollywood/BollywoodIndA_061207_0854.htm

raja_fan
21st December 2007, 08:32 AM
Don't miss Cheeni Kum on this Sunday 12 noon on Sony Max !!

http://www.hindu.com/cp/2007/12/21/stories/2007122150451400.htm