PDA

View Full Version : Karthik Raja (KR) Albums and Latest news

Hulkster
2nd December 2007, 03:48 PM
[html:8df8451675]http://cinesouth.com/images/new/14112006-THN13image1.jpg[/html:8df8451675]
People can discuss about karthik raja here..for those who do not know him he is the eldest son of maestro ilayaraja and famous for his melodies usually with rich orchestration. His most visible instrument is the piano which he never fails to use in any album.

Reviews & Discussion

Chakra Vyugam (http://mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=1364631#1364631)

MumbaiRamki
25th January 2008, 12:35 PM
I know not much can be updated here ..:)
Saw the trailer for Chakra Vuyham (from the stable fo NaaLai team sans richard) ..the trailer music,song are rocking !

The trailer as such was very good , much like Polladhavan -

Sanjeevi
25th January 2008, 01:15 PM
I know not much can be updated here ..:)
Saw the trailer for Chakra Vuyham (from the stable fo NaaLai team sans richard) ..the trailer music,song are rocking !

The trailer as such was very good , much like Polladhavan -

Yeah I too saw the trailer. It was good

MumbaiRamki
23rd February 2008, 09:56 AM
KR scores for the movie achamundu achamundu by ARun vaidyanathan (NRI film maker) starrig Prasanna ,sneha , shot fully in NJ . This mvie is a thriller

krish244
7th April 2008, 06:14 PM
Shankar's 'S' picture production's "Irattai Suzhi" has music by KR

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/37770.html

thanks,

Krishnan

MumbaiRamki
10th April 2008, 10:29 AM
Hope he bakes something like ALBUM !

Plum
14th April 2008, 11:51 AM
MumbaiRamki, I'm excited - this makes it TWO persons (you and me) expecting something out of KR in his new album :-). That must be a personal record for him :-)

sureshmehcnit
28th April 2008, 02:42 PM
Chakra vyuham songs are very good.

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2008/04/chakravyuham-soundtrack-karthik-raaja.html

popeye11
28th April 2008, 08:43 PM
Chakra vyuham songs are very good.

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2008/04/chakravyuham-soundtrack-karthik-raaja.html

Any online source to listen to the songs?

sureshmehcnit
29th April 2008, 09:24 AM
Popeye11 - I don't know. I didn't search for it. I bought the original Cd.

sgmsin
29th April 2008, 10:27 AM
I got the CD. I did not like the song in the first listen. But after three or four times, its pretty impresive

popeye11
29th April 2008, 05:38 PM
I searched the internet dont know if any site has the music streaming. Could any of you guys please post the songs.. vungaluku kodi punniyama pogum! Thanks Guys!

MumbaiRamki
30th April 2008, 11:31 AM
The movie has 5 sound tracks ..
1. Idhyathai Knaom is a Baasised folk song sung by KR and Belche . The song has the feel of vatta karapatti song in Neranja manasu, though this song is slower than it.

2.Sani neer aadidvom sung ky Karthik, sangeetha,snehan is more situational ..The situation looks like one where there is adialogue between aguy who has drunk and agirl .. Nice orchestration, the only complaint is the length of the song ( minus the dialogues) is less..

3. Padaiththal kaaththal - KR
This is the trailer song . Nice rock song, but again just a 2 min piece

4.Ei unnidam sung ky KR and saindhavi is just mind blowing melody from KR . Amazing one !

5. Ithu thana chakravuyham - theme piece rendered by bhavatharini. Nice one again..

Overall, KR has done music as per the needs of the film ! Hope he does well in BGm too

popeye11
1st May 2008, 03:50 AM
Idhayathai Kaanam is amazing.. wondering where this guy was for so long! lovely rhythm pattern

Hope this movie does well.!

interz
1st May 2008, 04:21 PM
Ithayathai Kaanam, simple but good.

This song brings memory back of another great song he composed Thesingu Raja.

Perhaps he used some of the same sounds in that song.

Sanguine Sridhar
1st May 2008, 10:38 PM
The Chakraviyugham movie director Udhayabhanu Maheshwaran enoda boss-udaya brother-in-law, hope this movie is a hit :victory: :P

Madevan94
1st May 2008, 11:04 PM
Neer aadiduvom starting (first 30 sec) is rip from Edith piaf number ..

listen

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kFRuLFR91e4

inetk
4th May 2008, 10:00 PM
Damn neat!
http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2008/05/04/chakravyuham-tamil-karthik-raja/

vasanth2006
5th May 2008, 12:17 AM
Where can i download the chakra viyugam songs?....

K
5th May 2008, 07:44 AM
http://www.onlinetamilmp3.com/DWD/index1.php?path=LATEST+TAMIL+RELEASES%2FChakara+Vi yugam/

vasanth2006
5th May 2008, 10:50 AM
http://www.onlinetamilmp3.com/DWD/index1.php?path=LATEST+TAMIL+RELEASES%2FChakara+Vi yugam/

:ty:

k_vanan
5th May 2008, 12:32 PM
Paavum KR enna kodumaiyana raasi ivaruku oru padam koda seriya pola. Hope this movie will give him big success :victory:

I think KR never taste big hit till now :cry:

dochu
5th May 2008, 08:37 PM
Neer aadidovom...Definite copy ' starting bit". What a find Madevan94. Thanks.

Madevan94
6th May 2008, 01:03 AM
Neer aadidovom...Definite copy ' starting bit". What a find Madevan94. Thanks.

tks pa..

MumbaiRamki
6th May 2008, 11:08 AM
Saw chakravuyham in Devi Bala ..OK movie, with some witty dialogues by Nutty and a a reasonably taut last 1 hr..BGM goes well with the movie and has some highs after the movie shifts to Kolkatta..

The two duet songs are not necessarly at all and doesn't suit Nutty ...Overall, if you liked naalai, you will probably like this movie also...

Scale
6th May 2008, 03:17 PM
Wow Madevan94 thats an incredible find! eppadi pa? KR ve sonnara :roll:

:clap: :clap:

Scale
6th May 2008, 03:19 PM
Wow Madevan94 thats an incredible find! eppadi pa? KR ve sonnara? :roll:

dochu
6th May 2008, 04:54 PM
Madevan94,
Really curious - how did you find the resemblance with "Edith Paif"? Hope you are not going to say that you are a fan of Edith. :-)

I am amazed with how people find such resemblances - should spend lot of time listening to various things.

Madevan94
6th May 2008, 11:57 PM
Madevan94,
Really curious - how did you find the resemblance with "Edith Paif"? Hope you are not going to say that you are a fan of Edith. :-)

I am amazed with how people find such resemblances - should spend lot of time listening to various things.

Edith piaf was a famous french singer and i m from france...this song was played often ...
To be frank it s my bro who find the similarity...
so kudos to my bro ... :D :D :D

littlemaster1982
7th May 2008, 01:19 PM
Songs are OK. Liked 'Idhayattha Kaanam' very much.

vasanth2006
9th May 2008, 06:29 AM
Ithayathe kanam reminds me "un mela asai patten" from vazhthukkal in most of the places.....Though it reminds that song, it is mesmerizing... :musicsmile:

Sanjeevi
15th May 2008, 12:26 PM
Love chakra viyugam songs especially Idayathai Kaanum and Yei Unnidam which are simply melting meodies :thumbsup:

dinesh2002
18th July 2008, 07:15 PM
guys... please listen to this track.... its beautiful.....!!! an Hindi number of Karthik Raja.... new release, just released this month.....how come no updates about it here ????? and Madhushree has sung the number..... its sounds very IRish though.... it sounds like that song " Isaiyil Todungethema" from Hey Ram......

listen it here :

http://madhushree-mania.blogspot.com/2008/07/tere-bina-mukhbir-music-by-karthik-raja.html

kamarajc
19th July 2008, 01:02 PM
I have always adored Karthikraja and I am one of the many who feel that KR has just been sheer unlicky and hasnt got the place he deserves in TFM yet. This song is a testimony to his inept music knowledge. Lets wish this wonderful musician best of luck.

ezy0265
19th July 2008, 06:56 PM
You can get the songs from the link below:

http://www.shugalmella.com/

There are 12 tracks. Great job by Karthik. I hope this will give him a break. Purely a Hindi movie type of compositions for all songs. No south flavour at all.

Keep it up Karthik. Keep up the momentum!!!

MrJudge
19th July 2008, 06:58 PM
Are all tracks done by him? I remember reading some other MD also working in this album. :roll:

dinesh2002
19th July 2008, 08:18 PM
You can get the songs from the link below:

http://www.shugalmella.com/

There are 12 tracks. Great job by Karthik. I hope this will give him a break. Purely a Hindi movie type of compositions for all songs. No south flavour at all.

Keep it up Karthik. Keep up the momentum!!!

ezy, Karthik only composed 2 songs if im not mistaken....

Tere Bina sounded very South Indian i thought... :roll:

ezy0265
20th July 2008, 09:18 AM
Dinesh2002,

I am sure no matter what it will sound South Indian to your ears. I am well aware of your bias ears which only know how to appreciate ARR music no matter how bad it is. Anyway thanks for your comments......

littlemaster1982
20th July 2008, 09:43 AM
Ezy,

Dinesh is the first person to post about this song and he has appreciated the song a lot and recommended it to everyone. Why does he have to do that if he is a biased ARR fan :huh:

He just told it sounds south indian to him. And that's no way demeaning of the song. Don't jump into conclusions like this.

MrJudge
20th July 2008, 09:48 AM
Dinesh is the first person to post about this song and he has appreciated the song a lot and recommended it to everyone. Why does he have to do that if he is a biased ARR fan

avar akkaraikku kaaranam Madhushree, nothing more nothing less :lol2:

littlemaster1982
20th July 2008, 09:53 AM
He has other ARR songs also to praise Madhushree. KR paattai pottudhaan praise pannanuma enna, if he is a *biased* ARR fan?

MrJudge
20th July 2008, 11:40 AM
He has other ARR songs also to praise Madhushree. KR paattai pottudhaan praise pannanuma enna, if he is a *biased* ARR fan?

May be... But the reason he came here and asked others to listen to is because of Madhushree and not because it is done by KR. If he is not a biased fan, he would have posted/participated in this thread for other songs too. Anyway nothing is wrong in it and I am not expecting him here, let him be a biased one just like many of us here :D

Madhushree avara paadaap paduththuraanga :lol:

littlemaster1982
20th July 2008, 01:00 PM
If he is not a biased fan, he would have posted/participated in this thread for other songs too.

I have seen Dinesh appreciating other MD's songs (not necessarily sung by Madhushree) a lot of times.

Any biased fan of any MD wouldn't praise others even if the particular song is associated with his favorite singer/cameraman or whoever.

I interevened because he was ridiculed as a biased fan just for telling a KR song sounds South Indian (which is not a bad comment). And Ezy conveniently forgot Dinesh's previous post in the same thread.

dinesh2002
20th July 2008, 02:34 PM
Ahaa..... enna patthi ivalava discussion va.... lol....

thank u Littlemaster, some1 who actually understood about me.. thanks for backing me up here... :D 8-) 8-)

And about this song, more that it being a Madhushree number, i was shocked to see a Karthik Raja songs in Hindi, after a long time. And no 1 was interested in updating us with it here, knowing he has his own thread here. And ofcource, i posted it to update about the songs, and yes, its a number sung by Madhushree too. so yea, ofcource im even more excited about it...

me being a biased fan??? :shock: .... hey hello, try checking out " The Last Song u listened " in the Tamil Film thread to check on the songs i listen.... i dun only appreciate ARRahman's music.... i dun need to go to a particular's MDs thread to praise their songs, isnt it? Enna logic ithe??? and i dun wanna visit theirs becoz then it will be " ARR fans invading other Mds thread ".

Enna pa ithe, if we visit we r ridiculed like that, and if we dun visit, we r biased..... :lol:

and ofcource, im a proud A.R.Rahman fan!! :D lemme mention this... being a fan of a md not necessarily means they r biased... alrite???

Excellent theory by Mayyam Hub members... :lol2:

Whats wrong in calling it South Indian man??? is that a disgrace for the song??? Lol.... i taut it was more of a compliment....

MrJudge
20th July 2008, 02:35 PM
I have seen Dinesh appreciating other MD's songs (not necessarily sung by Madhushree) a lot of times.

May be but he doesn't post in IR/KR/YSR threads just to remind you the fact.

Any biased fan of any MD wouldn't praise others even if the particular song is associated with his favorite singer/cameraman or whoever.

athaan sollitennla, paadaap paduththuraanga avarai, post pannaama irukka mudiyala :D

I interevened because he was ridiculed as a biased fan just for telling a KR song sounds South Indian (which is not a bad comment). And Ezy conveniently forgot Dinesh's previous post in the same thread.

I don't see any of his posts earlier to the madhushree number post.

dinesh2002
20th July 2008, 03:02 PM

May be but he doesn't post in IR/KR/YSR threads just to remind you the fact.

athaan sollitennla, paadaap paduththuraanga avarai, post pannaama irukka mudiyala :D

I don't see any of his posts earlier to the madhushree number post.

Enna Naatamai... yen meale ivalave akkarai va?? :lol: cant stop picking on me huh.... :lol2: .... thanks for loving me that much!! :twisted: :lol:

MrJudge
20th July 2008, 10:27 PM
Enna Naatamai... yen meale ivalave akkarai va?? cant stop picking on me huh.... .... thanks for loving me that much!!

I love two people most, you and MADDY :lol2:

rajasaranam
22nd July 2008, 07:29 PM
Enna Naatamai... yen meale ivalave akkarai va?? cant stop picking on me huh.... .... thanks for loving me that much!!

I love Only MADDY for the past 8 years :P

dinesh2002
23rd July 2008, 07:12 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: i can see that, trust me .... :lol2:

btw... anyone know where can i get 16 December songs mp3?? The Hindi album by Karthik Raja....... searched online but no luck.... :(... it would be better if u guys can share its VBR mp3...

MumbaiRamki
29th July 2008, 10:07 PM
Yet another movie in the league of muruga,maamadurai - Kudiyarasu starring Vignesh and the sun music anchor.

krish244
14th August 2008, 07:38 PM
Chakra vyuvam is a decent album for sure. . I feel bad (like many here) that KR has not got his due yet.

"Ei Ennidam" is just fabulous. Sandhavi is good in this song as well. Her talent/voice is evident in this song and also the hummings. Hope this is a turning point for her.

thanks,

Krishnan

MumbaiRamki
30th August 2008, 01:14 PM
Kudiarasu Released. www.kudiarasu.com has samples of 2 song.

The melody Edhu Enna is typical KR styled melody - haunting !

SVN
31st August 2008, 09:45 PM
Looks like the movie has been made with a budget of Rs. 1 lakh (with each actor/actress down to the TV artists pitching in with their own contributions)! KR-kkunnu vandhu vaaikkuthe uppuma padangaL!

It would have been interesting if he had the opportunity to score for low-budget, but great films like Anjaathey and Subramania puram.

I still remember KR's fabulous score for the (forgettable) movie titled, "Album". Is he plain unlucky, or does he have the uncanny ability to attract the wrong set-up?

MumbaiRamki
21st September 2008, 11:05 PM
Re-recording of achamundu achamundu
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/Events/16302.html

Im unable to see the video.If anybody can , let me know how it is .

SVN
26th September 2008, 01:34 PM
IndiaGlitz disappoints big time by showing the video of the recording but playing How To Name It (badly edited) as soundtrack for most part!!! Only towards the fag-end of the clip do you actually get to hear bits of the real score, with Cello and violins, whcih I found to be pretty interesting. KR talks about Achamundu being his first movie in the thriller genre and says that he had to keep the flavor consistent (as opposed to other films that have bits of comedy, romance, action etc.). He says that the music is 'serious' and how he has used live orchestra to bring out this aspect.

The surprise is, there are actually 2 clips, the second starting right after the first one ends. It starts with Arun Vaidyanathan - the director talking about the thrillerand how KR's music has played an important role and how they have used live orchestra effectively. "It was great and fun working with Karthik Raja" "Music Romba Nalla Vandhirukku". He then goes on talking about the cast and the movie being shot in Sync Sound and it being India's first film using Red One camera.

He says, "It will be a roller-coaster ride for 1:45 hrs" (which makes me think it may not have any songs, which again is hard luck for KR - as he hardly gets any decent movies and when he gets one, he is unable to exploit it apart from BGM)

dochu
26th September 2008, 03:16 PM
Haunting - Kudiarasu!!!.

will KR ever get a break?!!! this guy has so much to offer like his dad. I see him as a true successor of IR. YR has a different style.

bad movies, actors, directors - KR's efforts are down the drain.

rajasaranam
26th September 2008, 04:14 PM
Ramki,

Can you give me a comprehensive discography of KR ( I think you will have it, as you are one of the ardent fans of KR )

ramk1
26th September 2008, 08:56 PM
When GV Prakash gets this amount of backup and patronization, why is this talented music director continues to be ignored by main stream directors?. Even to be successful, one needs luck it seems.

MumbaiRamki
26th September 2008, 10:04 PM
Discography - To my Knowledge
No particular order

1.Manikkam
2.Enakku Oru Magan Pirappan
3.Ullasam
4.Grahan(Hindi)
5.Mera Jaan Hindustaan ( Album)
5.Naam Iruvar Namakku Iruvar
6.Kadhal Kadhala
7.Vaanchinaathan
8.Neranja manasu
9.Ullam Kollai Poguthey
10.16 December ( 4 songs)
11. Mukbir (2 songs)
12. kadhalai Kavravikkum nERAM(Album - 4songs)
13.Muruga
14.RIghta Thappa
15.Ragasiyamai
16.Singara chennai
17.Three roses
18.Oru Ponnu Oru paiyan
19.Kudiarasu
20.Maa Madurai
21.Ini ( no songs only BGM)
22.Dumm Dumm Dumm
23.ALBUM
24.Hoo Anthiyaa hooo Anithiyaa
25. Achamundu Achamundu
26.Govind Nihilani's animation film
27.Kudaikkul Mazhai
28.Naalai
29.manathodu Mazhai kaalam
30.Merucury Pookal
31.ChakraVuyham
32.Alexandar
33. Thullara Vyasu ( only movie where i never heard any f its songs except in TV)

vasanth2006
27th September 2008, 04:54 AM
Discography - To my Knowledge
No particular order

1.Manikkam
2.Enakku Oru Magan Pirappan
3.Ullasam
4.Grahan(Hindi)
5.Mera Jaan Hindustaan ( Album)
5.Naam Iruvar Namakku Iruvar
6.Kadhal Kadhala
7.Vaanchinaathan
8.Neranja manasu
9.Ullam Kollai Poguthey
10.16 December ( 4 songs)
11. Mukbir (2 songs)
12. kadhalai Kavravikkum nERAM(Album - 4songs)
13.Muruga
14.RIghta Thappa
15.Ragasiyamai
16.Singara chennai
17.Three roses
18.Oru Ponnu Oru paiyan
19.Kudiarasu
20.Maa Madurai
21.Ini ( no songs only BGM)
22.Dumm Dumm Dumm
23.ALBUM
24.Hoo Anthiyaa hooo Anithiyaa
25. Achamundu Achamundu
26.Govind Nihilani's animation film
27.Kudaikkul Mazhai
28.Naalai
29.manathodu Mazhai kaalam
30.Merucury Pookal
31.ChakraVuyham
32.Alexandar
33. Thullara Vyasu ( only movie where i never heard any f its songs except in TV)

His Good Albums in my view....

Ullasam
Naam Iruvar Namakku Iruvar
Ullam Kollai Poguthey
Naalai
Dumm Dumm Dumm
Kadhal Kadhala

MumbaiRamki
27th September 2008, 07:50 AM
Vasanth ,
I will say these too
1.ALBUM
2.GRAHAN
3. 16 december
4.Neranja manasu
5.Hoo anthiya
6.Kudaikkul mazhai
7.manathodu mazhaikaalam
8. Three roses
These 13 albums-> I liked all of these ongs

Sanjeevi
27th September 2008, 12:05 PM
Aaha... Alexander songs were great and Manickam too.

And 'paandiyanin rajiyathil uyyalala'

vasanth2006
27th September 2008, 07:41 PM
Vasanth ,
I will say these too
1.ALBUM
2.GRAHAN
3. 16 december
4.Neranja manasu
5.Hoo anthiya
6.Kudaikkul mazhai
7.manathodu mazhaikaalam
8. Three roses

I thought of including in the list....i missed.... Basically i like KR's melody sense......

kamarajc
30th September 2008, 01:11 PM
Vasanth ,
I will say these too
1.ALBUM
2.GRAHAN
3. 16 december
4.Neranja manasu
5.Hoo anthiya
6.Kudaikkul mazhai
7.manathodu mazhaikaalam
8. Three roses

Enakkoru Magan Pirippan is good too.

Especially, the songs 'En raasi Kadaga raasi' and 'Cham Cham cham'.

'Cham cham cham' tune was reused in Grahan as 'Chup Chup Chup..'

KR is one of the best in Tune, BGM and orchestration. He lacks variety too.

I love watching Dumm Dumm Dumm just for the sake of KR's music.
Especially in the initial scenes.. there use to be theme music 'Thandhaaney.. hey.. thandhaaney.. thandhanathana thandhaanae...'

May the dawn come soon for Karthikraja.

dochu
30th September 2008, 04:02 PM
with the current trend in TFM, it is going to be a while before KR steps into the limelight. this would be the right time for him to do some non-film albums rather than work for some crappy movies which would never make it out.

even it is hard to 'maintain' this thread appear among the 'current topics' in tfmpage - homepage for few hours. :-(

nanchil_guy
30th September 2008, 04:06 PM
What KR badly need is a hit! i expected that it would happen with movies like ullasam, Dum Dum Dum and KK , but it didnt. There after he was not at all linked with any worthy project.

If guys like Dhina can sign 10 to 15 movies based on single big hit movie, KR can do it with ease.But i still dont know why that single hit eludes him.This is an ample proof that in TFM the people are judged by quantity not by quality.

viraajan
30th September 2008, 04:41 PM
Any site to d/l kudiyarasu songs??? :roll:

MumbaiRamki
30th September 2008, 05:57 PM
Except for the samples released in www.kudiarasu.com , i havent seen the songs anywhere !

Hulkster
1st October 2008, 09:46 AM
The songs will most probably be released together with the soundtrack if they decide upon it. As it is a two-song album a release of it in shops is unlikely. :confused2:

MumbaiRamki
4th October 2008, 08:27 AM
My write up on Karthik Raaja
http://mumbairamki.blogspot.com/2008/10/karthik-raaja.html

MumbaiRamki
5th October 2008, 10:13 PM
Identify song of KR - inspired by suresh's post on raaja !
http://mumbairamki.blogspot.com

vasanth2006
6th October 2008, 01:07 AM

Nice writeup..... :)

viraajan
6th October 2008, 09:28 AM
Identify song of KR - inspired by suresh's post on raaja !
http://mumbairamki.blogspot.com

Thats a good collection of interludes. :thumbsup: MR. Most of them sound familiar. Bu i couldn't find any :(

inetk
6th October 2008, 09:56 AM

Nicely summed up! I was a strong believer in KR too, till he started doing 3rd grade movies and went into oblivion subsequently. I was amazed at Ullasam and thought this guy will really move ahead in TFM as one of the leading composers - on the contrary I was terribly unimpressed with Yuvan in Aravindan and thought he'll head nowhere!

Look at the role reversal now :-) For KR, Dum dum dum was very good too and considering it was a Maniratnam production, I thought he'd get some better projects post that. But, nothing happened. I've lost all hope on KR now.

viraajan
19th December 2008, 08:51 PM
KR's latest project!!!

Movie: RettaiSuzhi
Direction: Thamira
Cast: Balachander, Barathiraja
Music: Karthik Raja
Produced by: Shankar's "S" Pictures

I believe, this project provides KR, the opportunity to prove his talent. Hope KR uses it well.

MumbaiRamki
19th December 2008, 10:11 PM
புதியதாய் செய்தி கொண்டு வா என்றால் செத்து புதைத்த செய்தியை கொண்டு வருகிறாய் ?

கார்த்திக் ராஜாவும் தாமரை அவர்களும் சேர்ந்து பாடல்களை முடித்து விட்டனர் .இந்த செய்தி வந்து என்னுடைய குழைந்தைக்கு ஆறு வயசு ஆச்சு !

viraajan
20th December 2008, 08:07 AM
புதியதாய் செய்தி கொண்டு வா என்றால் செத்து புதைத்த செய்தியை கொண்டு வருகிறாய் ?

கார்த்திக் ராஜாவும் தாமரை அவர்களும் சேர்ந்து பாடல்களை முடித்து விட்டனர் .இந்த செய்தி வந்து என்னுடைய குழைந்தைக்கு ஆறு வயசு ஆச்சு !

ஐயா, என்ன சொல்றீங்க?
படம் ஆரம்பிச்சு 6 வருஷம் ஆயிடுச்சுங்றீங்களா?

MumbaiRamki
21st December 2008, 12:27 AM
sorry pa ..aaru maasam !

krish244
24th January 2009, 05:28 PM
Karthik Raja to direct a movie!

http://entertainment.in.msn.com/southcinema/article.aspx?cp-documentid=1791790

thanks,

Krishnan

MumbaiRamki
24th January 2009, 07:00 PM
Looks unlikely , but then he did say that apart from music he likes direction.

Sanjeevi
19th February 2009, 12:53 PM
http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/REVIEW/2009/Kudiyarasu.asp

It says "pulikku piratha eli" :shock: shame

Renault
19th February 2009, 11:05 PM
http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/REVIEW/2009/Kudiyarasu.asp

It says "pulikku piratha eli" :shock: shame

Unfurtunately, I will have to agree to this statement. The moment I saw this film's ad in a newspaper, I thought, KR is going from bad (b grade movies) to worst (c grade movies), despite giving some songs in Chakravyuham (Oru maatram is a nice composition and typical of his unique style).

Wonder, when he will get his right team.

MumbaiRamki
20th February 2009, 11:25 AM
mm..HINDU says that KR's music is commendable in this movie !!!!

KR has worked in lots of B - Grade movies ....
Only Ullasam ,dumm dumm dumm , kuadikkul mazhai , naaLai , chakravuyham , manathodu Mazaikaalam , grahan were A or semi A grade movies !

Sanjeevi
20th February 2009, 12:21 PM
mm..HINDU says that KR's music is commendable in this movie !!!!

KR has worked in lots of B - Grade movies ....
Only Ullasam ,dumm dumm dumm , kuadikkul mazhai , naaLai , chakravuyham , manathodu Mazaikaalam , grahan were A or semi A grade movies !

Alexander
Manickam

viraajan
20th February 2009, 01:56 PM
Not even one song is good???

R.Latha
6th April 2009, 03:15 PM
[tscii:f3420ece50]Karthik Raja croons for Yuvan
IndiaGlitz [Friday, April 06, 2009]

Perhaps Yuvan has plans to pull off a coup of sorts, having famous musicians sing to his tunes! After making dad Illayaraja lend his steely voice for a few songs, and approaching Rahman twice to sing for him, Yuvan Shankar Raja has made his brother Karthik Raja sing for a song in ‘16’.

'16', directed by Sabapathy, has Mirchi Siva in the lead, with new comer Madhu Shalini playing his love. Produced by Siva Sankar, it has music by Yuvan Shankar Raja.

The movie has an important song in the flashback portion for which Yuvan considered Karthik’s voice to be ideal. And Karthik, on his brother’s request, has recorded the song.

Karthik Raja himself, who many in the industry acknowledge as a musical genius, is hoping for a good break with his current project, through Thamira’s ‘Rettaisuzhi’. Karthik Raja has many popular tunes to his credit, including those in movies 'Kadhala Kadhala', 'Ullasam' and 'Dum Dum Dum'.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/46026.html[/tscii:f3420ece50]

MumbaiRamki
2nd May 2009, 07:04 PM
surprised to find a site for my kr !!
http://www.karthikraaja.com/

Kumarappa
15th May 2009, 05:39 PM
Resul Pookutty launched audio!

By Moviebuzz | Friday, 15 May , 2009, 12:37

Everyone wants slice of Oscar winner Resul Pookutty and he is a busy man these days.

He was the chief guest at the audio and trailer launch of Arun Vaidyanathan’s Achamundu Achamundu at Sathyam Cinemas today morning (May 15).

The other dignitaries on the dais were Veteran director Balu Mahendra, Yuvan Shankar Raja, Karthik Raja who is the music director of the film, Bhavatharini, Venkat Prabhu and Nassar. The two notable absentees were Prasanna and Sneha the lead actors of the film.

A sleek trailer and three songs were shown to the invitees and in his speech director Arun Vaidyanthan thanked all the guests and urged the media to give support and publicity for the film. Arun is a US-based software professional-turned filmmaker who learnt filmmaking at the New York Film Academy.

He said: “My target audience is Tamil and that’s why I had Prasanna and Sneha in the lead. I wanted world audience to watch Tamil cinema and the film will be ready for theatrical release in June. After winning the Homegrown award, now the film is going for the Shanghai Film Festival. The songs and re-recording of Karthik Raja is a major highlight of the film and Soumya the Carnatic singer has crooned for one of the songs”.

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14888044

Some pics @ http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/Events/18286.html

jaiganes
15th May 2009, 09:08 PM
I am halfway between Mukhbiir.
Is 'Tere binaa' composed by KR?
Awesome melody and beautifully sung by Sadhna

MumbaiRamki
16th May 2009, 01:07 PM
I am halfway between Mukhbiir.
Is 'Tere binaa' composed by KR?
Awesome melody and beautifully sung by Sadhna

Yes , its composed by kr !

MumbaiRamki
16th May 2009, 10:01 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/events/18286.html

MumbaiRamki
17th May 2009, 08:19 PM
My review ...On the whole worthy one ..even if the number of the songs doesn't need ur thumb and forefinger ! finger! !

1) Kannil Dhaagam by Sowmya : Sowmya mesmerises in charanam , with the interlude having the stamp of KR , the usual solo violin !

2)Kanavugal kaatril By Krish , Rahul Nambiar , Anupama : Except for the silly 'USA' lyric , this song is enjoyable , with its transitions from KR's hip-hop to hindustani interlude and orchestration in charanam . As usual a bit odd song from KR and takes 2-3 listening before you start enjoying this song ! !

3) Parvali Vali by Rahul Nambiar : Rahul sings the first kannil dhagam song , only the first 3 lines .

4) Theme music : For a along time , i was just praying that they include this kind of stuff from KR, although this theme is going to rock better with visuals be it in title and trailer .On repeated listening, i would rate this above kudaikkul mazhai theme . Quite APt !!!

My KR doesn't disappoint !

inetk
17th May 2009, 10:05 PM
Neat.
http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2009/05/17/music-review-achamundu-achamundu-tamil-karthik-raja/

dochu
18th May 2009, 02:41 AM
KR - hats off to you!!!.

made my day.

dochu
18th May 2009, 08:23 PM
By any chance, does anyone have (or point me to) mp3s of Kudiarasu?

thanks

MumbaiRamki
18th May 2009, 11:26 PM
dochu,
except the producer nobody wuld have .. i listened to the one melody ' ithu enna ' couple of times in sun music .. i didnt see any website having this album !

dochu
18th May 2009, 11:45 PM
MR,
Thanks. It is quite sad that we can't even get mp3s of his releases.

Nerd
24th May 2009, 11:21 AM
1) Kannil Dhaagam by Sowmya : Sowmya mesmerises in charanam , with the interlude having the stamp of KR , the usual solo violin !

Spectacular song. On loop ever since I came across this. 10/10 for the orchestration, singing and the lyrics. It's a pity that only a handful of people know about the song.

dochu
25th May 2009, 01:02 AM
No matter what I tried, Kanavugal katril --didn't hit the nerve. "USA lyric" dampened any attempt to like the song.

Being a short album (with 1 hit song) that too coming after a long time, KR's bad luck is still looming around him.

I think his chances to get any more offers after this release would be further diminshed.

Nerd
28th May 2009, 08:31 AM
Behindwoods on kaNNil dhaagam theerumO

Kannil Thagam
Vocals: Sowmya
Lyrics: Andal Priyadarshini

Quite a haunting and sophisticated number, this. Well sung by Sowmya too; so many subtle emotions- fear, anxiety, yearning and love have been gently conveyed here. The background music too is suitably sonorous but seductive and the unhurried rhythm works its own charm. A song with a difference! Could be a hit soon.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-music-reviews/review-1/achchamundu.html

krish244
2nd June 2009, 01:29 PM
"Kannil Thaagam" tune and the solo violin pieces are mesmerizing not to mention Sowmiya's singing. Truely Karthik Raja style stuff!

thanks,

Krishnan

Nerd
2nd June 2009, 06:35 PM
Rediff's take on kaNNil dhaagam theerumO

"The next is a truly a dynamic voice crooning to filmi tunes; carnatic singer Sowmya rendering Kannil Dhagam. It succeeds in engaging your attention. There's a note of gentle anguish and entreaty that cannot fail to appeal. Embar S Kannan's solo violin piece, in particular, is quite heart-wrenching, while Andal Priyadarshini's lyrics hit the right note. This number is certainly the best in the collection."

http://movies.rediff.com/review/2009/jun/02/achamundu-achamundu-music-review.htm

I am glad that at least a section of the media is raving about this masterpiece :)

itsmuls
2nd June 2009, 09:26 PM
Illayaraja's family rules Raaga Top Ten

www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/47359.html

thumburu
3rd September 2009, 04:05 PM
"kannil dhaagam theerumo" is a nice Ahirbhairav raaga. The chillingly bland voice of veteran carnatic singer Sowmya adds to the fear element of "Achamundu Achamundu"

MumbaiRamki
19th September 2009, 10:40 PM
his next movie is erattai suzhi ..saw prmos during eeram movie ..except for kb's artificial moustache it was ok

inetk
6th October 2009, 10:27 PM
[tscii:5caccc2d86]Zamana’s soundtrack sees Karthik Raja in a surprisingly uninspiring form.
http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2009/10/06/music-review-zamana-kannada-karthik-raja/[/tscii:5caccc2d86]

Chelian
7th October 2009, 12:34 PM
I am not surprised. THis KR has composed for about 10 films or so. Todate he has not progressed much but still at the 'promising' stage. His arrangement and recording quality is mess. I thought with less project he can concentrate to give better output,,but NO,,,,Its about time we write him off.

ramk1
9th October 2009, 04:51 PM
Motivation depends on the success and oppurtunities. He cannot be written off, without giving him an oppurtunity to excel. There are lot of MD's who are crappier but still manage to succeed. God can help him out atleast from now on.

MumbaiRamki
28th October 2009, 01:01 AM
Picturisation is neat ..zamana .. my fav song in zamana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iZuLxqU5fY

MumbaiRamki
30th October 2009, 12:10 AM
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14917335

kamal to sing in retai suzhi ...

Kumarappa
11th March 2010, 03:38 PM
ASH AT RS (http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/mar-10-02/rettai-suzhi-aishwarya-rai-11-03-10.html)

March 11, 2010

Home > More news

The audio launch of Rettai Suzhi, which has ace directors Balachander and Bharathiraja playing important roles, will take place on March 15h at Sathyam Theatre Complex. The chief guest for the audio launch function would be Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.

RS will be released during the first week of April, sources say. Most of the post production work pertaining to this film has been completed.

The film is directed by Thamira and produced by S Pictures. Karthik Raja has scored the music for Rettai Suzhi.

---------------

Looking very much forward to this album by KR! 8-)

app_engine
12th March 2010, 10:33 PM
http://entertainment.oneindia.in/tamil/exclusive/2010/rajinikanth-aishwarya-rettai-suzhi-120310.html

Rajinikanth too in the launch function...

raagadeva
13th March 2010, 05:21 PM
Hope Retta suzhi gives break path to KR..He is one the good Musci Dir does not get the break....which I was expecting the during achammundu achamundu...but the movie does not have the scope for songs..without songs, Music Dir cannot be in chart buster in Indian films.

Sanjeevi
14th March 2010, 12:10 AM
expecting...

ramk1
14th March 2010, 01:01 AM
Hope he gets the recognition that he deserves. It is one of the biggest mysteries that why he has not made his mark even though his younger brother has done it to some extent.

NormalMan
16th March 2010, 09:10 PM
Songs available for online listening at http://www.raagangal.com/

Sumaar album ...

inetk
16th March 2010, 09:39 PM
Yes, sumaar indeed. 2 interesting songs, but the overall sound perhaps says that Karthikraja himself may be losing interest!

http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2010/03/16/music-review-rettaisuzhi-tamil-karthik-raja/

app_engine
17th March 2010, 12:43 AM
KR with Aish :

[html:fa95e46370]
http://www.newsonweb.com/newsimages/March2010/992a0da2-2445-4fe3-9993-f15fbbc4145a1.jpg
[/html:fa95e46370]

http://www.chennaionline.com/tamil/cinema/news/newsitem.aspx?NEWSID=992a0da2-2445-4fe3-9993-f15fbbc4145a&CATEGORYNAME=TFILM

viraajan
17th March 2010, 12:49 AM
Yes, sumaar indeed. 2 interesting songs, but the overall sound perhaps says that Karthikraja himself may be losing interest!

http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2010/03/16/music-review-rettaisuzhi-tamil-karthik-raja/

that's sad :cry:

app_engine
17th March 2010, 01:13 AM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/heroines/2010/03/16-aishwarya-rai-proud-be-part-tamil.html

கார்த்திக் ராஜா இசை சிறப்பாக இருந்தது

Chelian
17th March 2010, 06:48 AM
As I have mentioned earlier, given the few chances given to him, he fails to capitalize on them. Either he has got no talent or really not enthusiastic. Just write him off.

ramk1
17th March 2010, 08:13 AM
I am liking it. Give a chance to this guy. If you can listen to a song a number of times and start liking a album why cant u all do the same thing for this guy. I like Para para kili song now. Listening to the other ones.

Hulkster
17th March 2010, 08:53 AM
I loved the album. As usual it seems situational. Para Para Kili is so fun to listen to and the rest of the songs just show what KR is capable of. :clap:

K
17th March 2010, 05:46 PM
First Impression on Rettai Suzi Decent work by Karthik Raja.

vanavil
17th March 2010, 08:18 PM
Was listening to Big FM today.. They are running a program called Madras Melodies in which various celebrities list down their favourite melodies. Today it was Vivek.. One of his favourite song was from Ullasam. He said that KR is one of the most talented composers in TFM. He also said that he has to come down a little bit and mix with people and strike good working releationships with his directors/producers. He also said that KR has to slightly tweak his presentation of his works in line with current trend.. All said, there is no denying that he has in it to strike it big..

Is KR listening or is he satisfied programming his father's compositions?

Sanjeevi
17th March 2010, 10:44 PM
Listened songs once

I see Dum Dum Dum KR here and there, that itself makes me happy :)

ramk1
18th March 2010, 06:29 AM
Para Para kili is catchy and melodious. After a long time a song which catches you instantaneously and is devoid of sound props and is so simple to listen to it. If only the movie also carries it forward, with the help of channels, this movie can really be a lauch-pad for the son of the maestro.

dochu
18th March 2010, 08:48 AM
Decent album!. Ada bum and para para kili stands out for me. I am not a big fan of dapankuthu songs - but listening to some in this album - I am amazed that KR can bring in a twist to existing thousands of such type songs.

KR - a really unused talent. Hope somebody gives him a break. I feel he can do music which has lots of shades from his dad.

Chelian
18th March 2010, 11:46 AM
"Hope somebody gives him a break" - So many people have given him chance so far. Even this movie rettai suzhi is such. WHat more could he ask for ? To score for a Shankar produced movie.

People, YSR's movies were not exactly hits in earlier part of his career. But people continued to give him chances because he gave hits and memorable songs.

Likewise KR must continue to do hard work and give catchy tunes plus quality arrangement. He must change his mindset and not continue to live under IR's shadows. If IR gives not so convincing songs people will still continue to hire him as MD for his reputation and for the things they know he can surely produce.

Ullasam was very impressive but not great debut album. I expected him to improve from film to film just like YSR. But so far he has only faded.
Songs from achamunduX2 and his recent works are like some new ordinary MD.
I have not yet listened to this Rettai Suzhi but the review i read so far has not been that good. Whats the point coming with average numbers. For him to make notice, he must come out with a 'bang' album with good hit numbers. I failed to understand why he cant do that considering that he is not working on many albums like his brother.

MumbaiRamki
19th March 2010, 11:47 PM
1) The charanam of Ada Rum Bum takes me to musical heights - the reason for i like KR still..

2) Para para is a class from the very word Go !

3) Other songs are good , but didnt create the mark as the above two songs did ..

4) the overall sound quality is bad , somehow i felt the mixing was not upto mark .....

tvsankar
20th March 2010, 12:22 AM
Alexander

Beautiful album.

Thathi thathi - Beautiful Madhyavathi with KR's style...

Nadhiyoram - Haunting tune..........

KR - He is a Great Composer......

tvsankar
20th March 2010, 12:30 AM
koothadichu - wat a creativity......

Instruments ai azhaga use panna theirija oru Great MD....

tvsankar
20th March 2010, 12:34 AM
Raja rajan

beautiful Egiptiyan style....

tvsankar
20th March 2010, 12:42 AM
Manikam - ipadi oru padam Karthick Raja music dhanae...

raagadeva
20th March 2010, 01:30 PM
Karthik has unique style of music which I am seeing from his 1st film. you can identify the MD by listening their songs, Very few MDs are there in this list and one of them is KR.

Retta suzhi also has 2 good number in my fist listening...para para and naan endu sol...need more listening to give my feedback

he had done many exceptionally good songs but whihc was unnoticed as the movie was not commercially well..

here is some sample

1. Neranja Manasu - Paarthu po : SG song is one of the the best of her carrier
2. Achammundu Achamundu - Kannil Dhagam

3. Oduthey Oduthey - Ragasiyamai

4. Mukhbiir - There Bina

5. Oru Ponnu Oru Paiyann - Nenjil Vazhgira

Sanjeevi
21st March 2010, 03:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV4cgntuL_s&feature=player_embedded

Shreya Ghoshal and Karthik Raja

K
25th March 2010, 01:21 PM
http://ilakindriorpayanam.blogspot.com/2010/03/blog-post_25.html

பாடலின் இடை இசையில் கார்திக்கின் மாயாஜாலம், Strings, rhythms, bells என கலக்கிவிட்டார், மனதை வருடி தாலாட்டும் excellent மெலடி. இந்த பாடல் instrumental version இருந்தால் அது ஒரு musical ecstasy யாக இருக்கும்.

ramk1
26th March 2010, 07:51 AM
After a long time a song (para para kili) which captivates the listener by the its own originality content. if the movie does good in the theatres, this song is sure to be a hit. Let us hope what god has in store for this luckless genius.

irir123
26th March 2010, 11:00 PM
1.'bam bam bambara" - the short prelude flute piece is IR style! the track is very fresh - everything the tune, the base rhythm, the continuity of the tune (here is where i think KR is way ahead of other contemporary composers of his generation, which is very heartening - there is no disjointed mixing of different 'sounds'), the second interlude has a freaked out violin playing the main tune, has shades of IR, but an evolved version of IR style

2. 'pattalam paarada' (starts off like 'machaana paaradi' from thanga magan) - sounds like context-driven 'kutthu' song - the trumpet usage in the 1st interlude is IR-style! definite 'hit' written all over it - when 'naakka mukka' and 'gemini gemini' can become a hit, this one shd be a hit too, with its novel elements! the second interlude is brilliant percussion - thats the kind of stuff you get to hear in musicals like 'cirque de soleil' - excellent use of a different genre within a kutthu song

3.'poochandi kannazhagi' - nice use of 'urumi' melam as part of percussion - nice beautiful development of the tune in the charanam especially towards the end of charanam, before the beginning of the pallavi - but KR needs to give more appealing kutthu songs with signatures more prominent (like how IR gave 'hei aathha aathorama')

4.'para para kili' - the prelude ought to have been longer with a nice buildup (this is a trick used by other composers of KR's generation to increase expectations) - the strings usage is commendable in the pallavi itself - strings taking over in the 1st interlude, maintenance of the tempo & feel of the song throughout are traits inherited from IR! - i specifically liked the surprise turn when the male singer sings "un ninaivile, naan" (1st interlude) and "en manadhiley nee " (second interlude)

a small concerto like piece based on 'para para kili' with a string ensemble playing the 'para para kili' theme and a flute playing 'un ninaivile' portion of the pallavi and this theme developed overall will be a great piece for a separate album! of course, with a real orchestra - i think KR shd do albums with real-live instruments with a small orchestra every now and then to hone his orchestral skills as well as maintaining a record for himself

Also KR needs to do albums continously - just like how when IR does things continously, his output gets increasingly creative, like it happened last year (2009) - i think KR is 'built' in the same mode/mould and needs to give albums continously

this album has both the so-called mass and class appeal - now the film shd do well

R.Latha
1st April 2010, 12:15 PM
[tscii:fdefc1f0a4]In Conversation With Karthik Raja
[Friday, March 26, 2010]

Watch Karthik Raja at his intellectual best. See him answer questions about his latest release ‘Rettaisuzhi’ and what he feels about his younger brother Yuvan Shankar Raja. Exclusively on IndiaGlitz.

if u want to see Exclusive Videos

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/Events/21546.html[/tscii:fdefc1f0a4]

sureshmehcnit
8th April 2010, 11:55 AM
About 'Para Para Kili'

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2010/04/para-para-kili.html

app_engine
15th April 2010, 06:36 AM
http://www.c2clive.com/latestnewsdetail.php?id=382

MumbaiRamki
15th April 2010, 01:30 PM
A4U movie had a great trailer score , hopefully BGM will be good .

viraajan
5th June 2010, 10:35 PM
Karthik Raja is scoring for a movie called "Then mErku paruva kaatru". New director with new faces. A village based story.

MumbaiRamki
7th June 2010, 12:37 PM
Karthik Raja is scoring for a movie called "Then mErku paruva kaatru". New director with new faces. A village based story. Not new director , same director who directed Bharath's Koodal Nagar . I liked that movie .

k_vanan
27th July 2010, 04:28 PM
ZAMANA Kannada movie ?

http://sify.com/movies/kannada/review.php?id=14947952&ctid=5&cid=2427

k_vanan
27th July 2010, 04:34 PM
Izzit namma ooru KR

songs can downloaded here:

http://www.sensongs.com/Zamana.html

Renault
13th September 2010, 05:39 PM
I got a chance to watch Aachamundu Achamundu last evening. KR has done a wonderful job in the BGM section. It was as good as BGM for a hollywod flick. Not sure if Mumbai Ramki and others discussed about this.

It's time KR gets his due in TFM industry.

vanavil
13th September 2010, 07:29 PM
I think we are left with no other option other than discussing his score for past movies.. he has no projects in the near future... Even for a low budget movie - Then Meruku Paruva Kattru - he has been replaced with a new unknown face... So lets discuss about his Ullasam and Dum Dum Dum score :(

viraajan
13th September 2010, 08:47 PM
I think we are left with no other option other than discussing his score for past movies.. he has no projects in the near future... Even for a low budget movie - Then Meruku Paruva Kattru - he has been replaced with a new unknown face... So lets discuss about his Ullasam and Dum Dum Dum score :(

:shock: :shock: :cry:

vanavil
11th October 2010, 09:11 AM
KR finally gets a movie - even though a small budget one. Movie's name is "Veyilodu Vilayadu". I think the hero of Angaadi Theru is playing the hero role in this movie. When will KR get a chance to score for a movie with decent star cast and better budget (read publicity)?

MumbaiRamki
21st October 2010, 11:01 AM
Whenever i see movies with 'song name' as titles and Madurai as background ...... I feel sorry :)

app_engine
4th November 2010, 08:16 PM
[tscii:b5cea484df]Jeyamohan quotes Karthik Raja in his blog (and also gives the link as to where it originally appeared) :

ஜெயமோகன் ப்ளாக் (http://www.jeyamohan.in/?p=9105)
வல்லினம் லிங்க் (http://www.vallinam.com.my/issue23/column7.html)

கார்த்திக் ராஜாவின் பேச்சு விசித்திரம் நிரம்பியதாய் இருந்தது. சினிமாவின் பரபரப்பு இல்லாமல் மிக எளிதாகப் பேசிக்கொண்டிருந்தார். தனக்கு சுதந்திரம் தராத எந்த நிறுவனத்துடனும் தாம் பணிபுரிய தயார் இல்லை என்றார். காரில் ஏறும்போது நான் “சார், நீங்கள் சினிமாவில் இருந்துகொண்டு இத்தனை கறாராக இருந்தால் அதில் வெற்றியடைய முடியுமா” என்று கேட்டேன். கார்த்திக் ராஜாவின் பதில் நான் வாழ்வில் அதுவரை நம்பியிருந்த வெற்றியின் அத்தனை கற்பனைகளையும் சிதைப்பதாய் இருந்தது.

“வெற்றி என்பது ஒன்றல்ல. அது பல வடிவங்களைக் கொண்டுள்ளது. ஒரு சிலருக்கு பணம் சம்பாதிப்பதுதான் வெற்றி. சிலருக்கு புகழ் அடைவது வெற்றி. சிலருக்கு தான் விரும்பும் ஒன்றை மட்டுமே சமரசம் செய்து கொள்ளாமல் செயல்படுத்துவதுதான் வெற்றி. ஓர் உண்மையான கலைஞன் பணத்தையோ புகழையோ வெற்றியாகக் கருதுவதில்லை.”

அந்த இரவு என் வாழ்வில் மிக முக்கியமான தருணம். இசை கலைஞர்கள் மேல் என் மதிப்பு கூடியிருந்தது.

[/tscii:b5cea484df]

Sanjeevi
4th November 2010, 09:52 PM
looks like these are words from a 'Gnani'

jaiganes
4th November 2010, 11:57 PM
"ஒரு இளைஞனை புலி துரத்துகிறது. இளைஞன் ஓடுகிறான். நிறைய நதிகளைக் கடக்கிறான்... மலைகளைக் கடக்கிறான்... வனத்தைக் கடக்கிறான்... புலி துரத்திக்கொண்டே இருக்கிறது. அவ*ன*து ஓட்ட*ம் பல நாட்க*ள் நீடிக்கிற*து. எப்படியும் தப்பிக்க வேண்டும் உயிர் வாழ வேண்டும் என வேட்கையோடு ஓடும் இளைஞன் திடீரென நிற்கிறான். அவன் முன் கடக்கமுடியாத ஒரு பெரும் சுவர் எழுப்பப்பட்டுள்ளது. பின்னால் பசியோடு வரும் புலியைப் பார்க்கிறான். குபீரென அவனுக்குச் சிரிப்பு வருகிறது. வாழ்வின் அர்த்தம் ஒரு நிமிடத்தில் புரிந்து போகிறது." இந்தக் கதையைச் சொல்லிவிட்டு ரெ.ச. என்னை ஒரு தரம் கூர்ந்து பார்த்தார். "இதுதான் வாழ்க்கை நவீன். எதையோ வாழ்வென்று நினைத்து துரத்திக்கொண்டிருக்கிறோம். வாழ்வு முடியும் போதுதான் அதன் சூனிய*ம் புரிகிறது" என்றார் அமைதியாக.

this is the part that really got me.

tvsankar
5th November 2010, 02:25 AM
"ஒரு இளைஞனை புலி துரத்துகிறது. இளைஞன் ஓடுகிறான். நிறைய நதிகளைக் கடக்கிறான்... மலைகளைக் கடக்கிறான்... வனத்தைக் கடக்கிறான்... புலி துரத்திக்கொண்டே இருக்கிறது. அவ*ன*து ஓட்ட*ம் பல நாட்க*ள் நீடிக்கிற*து. எப்படியும் தப்பிக்க வேண்டும் உயிர் வாழ வேண்டும் என வேட்கையோடு ஓடும் இளைஞன் திடீரென நிற்கிறான். அவன் முன் கடக்கமுடியாத ஒரு பெரும் சுவர் எழுப்பப்பட்டுள்ளது. பின்னால் பசியோடு வரும் புலியைப் பார்க்கிறான். குபீரென அவனுக்குச் சிரிப்பு வருகிறது. வாழ்வின் அர்த்தம் ஒரு நிமிடத்தில் புரிந்து போகிறது." இந்தக் கதையைச் சொல்லிவிட்டு ரெ.ச. என்னை ஒரு தரம் கூர்ந்து பார்த்தார். "இதுதான் வாழ்க்கை நவீன். எதையோ வாழ்வென்று நினைத்து துரத்திக்கொண்டிருக்கிறோம். வாழ்வு முடியும் போதுதான் அதன் சூனிய*ம் புரிகிறது" என்றார் அமைதியாக.

this is the part that really got me.

Cast Away film madhiriyum dhan - vaazhkai Jaiganes.

after all - Survival.. with some hopes. tats all.. this is the life..........

MumbaiRamki
5th November 2010, 08:49 AM
This quote from KR is often repeated by Raaja and KR is a true follower of his philosphy !!

genesis
6th November 2010, 03:30 AM
கார்த்திக் ராஜாவின் கடந்த 5-6 வருட படைப்புகளை பார்த்தால், சமரசம் செய்து கொண்டால் கூட எதாவது உருப்படியாக செய்வாரா என்பது சந்தேகமே. இவர் தான் DDD, ஆல்பம் போன்ற சிறந்த படைப்புகளை கொடுத்தார் என்றால் நம்ப சிரமமாக இருக்கிறது. ("வேறு" யாரும் போட்டு குடுத்தனர் என்ற அர்த்தத்தில் சொல்லவில்லை.)

jaiganes
6th November 2010, 06:22 AM
கார்த்திக் ராஜாவின் கடந்த 5-6 வருட படைப்புகளை பார்த்தால், சமரசம் செய்து கொண்டால் கூட எதாவது உருப்படியாக செய்வாரா என்பது சந்தேகமே. இவர் தான் DDD, ஆல்பம் போன்ற சிறந்த படைப்புகளை கொடுத்தார் என்றால் நம்ப சிரமமாக இருக்கிறது. ("வேறு" யாரும் போட்டு குடுத்தனர் என்ற அர்த்தத்தில் சொல்லவில்லை.)
neenga appadi kooda sollalaam. KR vishayathula hubbulayum sari, velilayum sari support pannradhukku Mumbai ramki mattum dhaan.
oTOH Karthik raaja has helped yuvan in BGM in some of yuvan's early movies.

MumbaiRamki
7th November 2010, 09:57 PM
Atlast i get to hear Thullara vayasu ... ( unbearable movie- saw the first 2 parts in u tube and yuck ! ) //I did like one of the melody song in this movie ( comes 8 00 )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmI7pYpoe4g&feature=related

Sanjeevi
7th November 2010, 11:00 PM
kada-nu oru paattu varum illa?

MumbaiRamki
13th January 2011, 06:58 PM
OK - Nothing muich happening from KR music here ..

1) kudiarasu : released 2 years ago, 2 songs - one folkish and another melody. Melody is quite nice and the folk song is bit catchy !
http://www.muzigle.com/#!album/kudiarasu

2) Thullara vayasu : also released 2 years ago. One rythm song by tippu and another melody by karthik. Again the melody is superb ! Unnoticed ...
http://www.muzigle.com/#!album/thullura-vayasu

No path breaking songs, but they are good ones ..