PDA

View Full Version : Which ARR song you recently listened to?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Appu s
8th May 2010, 02:00 PM
Mni sir should have blackmailed Rahman to sing this song
like he did for Tere bina. :(

ajithfederer
8th May 2010, 11:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odGzSyKN8OU&feature=related

90's best.

raghavendran
9th May 2010, 11:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACaFziIQlHk
another rocking song of the 90's.......i remember my heartbeat beating like anything...udit narayan :notworthy: :notworthy:

ajithfederer
20th May 2010, 06:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFZa-MxJZQk&feature=related

alim laat es laat. Hummable song.

Rocky89
20th May 2010, 06:44 AM
just dreaming :lol:

Im imagining Shahul Hameed in Usure poguthey :( Would have brought the rasathi feel :)

would have been great :(

ajaybaskar
20th May 2010, 08:32 AM
Samba Samba from Love Birds..

Yappa... Ennaa Adi!!!

satissh_r
20th May 2010, 09:26 AM
Samba Samba from Love Birds..

Yappa... Ennaa Adi!!!

Awesome song wasted in a RUBBISH movie :x 1st interludela drums la pinnirupparu :cool2: Lead guitarum kalakkal :thumbsup: Intha patukagave konja naal Aslam mustafavoda visiriya thirinjen naan :lol:

raghavendran
20th May 2010, 11:23 AM
"adi da andhe suriya melam"--from pudhiya mannargal

Benny Lava
26th May 2010, 08:55 PM
One of those not-so-well-known songs of ARR for the film Kabhi na Kabhi - Tum ho meri nigahon mein...

this song is absolutely gorgeous!!! save this song for the best of your moods and nicest of occasions.. sheer bliss!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc53Gf9YOAk

(Sorry I couldn't find a proper link, seems like this song is unheard of in youtube!)

Roshan
27th May 2010, 04:16 PM
Sonnaalum kEtpathillai kanni manadhu :musicsmile:

ajaybaskar
28th May 2010, 01:14 PM
Spent half the night listening to ARR-MR combos starting from Roja to Raavanan. It was astonishing to notice how the music has evolved with time. Difference being shown in each album. I think both Mani and ARR clear not to repeat the same stuff again. Highly recommended exercise for all ARR fans.

satissh_r
28th May 2010, 02:12 PM
Spent half the night listening to ARR-MR combos starting from Roja to Raavanan. It was astonishing to notice how the music has evolved with time. Difference being shown in each album. I think both Mani and ARR clear not to repeat the same stuff again. Highly recommended exercise for all ARR fans.

But even now any one new to the combo might say Thiruda Thiruda is the latest :P

raghavendran
29th May 2010, 09:19 AM
"uyirum neeye"-pavithra...arr's 1 of the best...unnikrishnan :notworthy: :notworthy:

ajaybaskar
29th May 2010, 09:23 AM
National award winning song

raghavendran
30th May 2010, 06:33 PM
National award winning songyes...deservingly so..amazing song

MADDY
30th May 2010, 09:25 PM
anbil avan unplugged
kannukkul kannai unplugged
mannippaya
kasie mujhe - Ghajini
Dil ne jise apna kaha - Dil ne jise apna kaha
piya haji ali - fiza
jumbalika - thakshak

ajaybaskar
31st May 2010, 11:04 AM
Aaromale..

Couldn't ask for a better song to tell the pain of love. Watched the movie again (Grabbed a lotus five star DVD yesterday) and it deserves to be the movie of the year in so many aspects.. One of them being the bgm of thalaivar.. World class!!

raghavendran
31st May 2010, 03:30 PM
Aaromale..

Couldn't ask for a better song to tell the pain of love. Watched the movie again (Grabbed a lotus five star DVD yesterday) and it deserves to be the movie of the year in so many aspects.. One of them being the bgm of thalaivar.. World class!! :exactly: :notworthy:

ajaybaskar
3rd June 2010, 06:36 PM
Hawa Sun Hawa...

One of the best melodies composed by ARR. Soul stirring is a phrase which would least describe the experience that this song actually gives.. A listener's delight!

ajaybaskar
4th June 2010, 10:38 PM
Mellisaiye
Aathangara maramae
Udhaya Udhaya
Kangalil enna eeramo?
Mudhal Murai
Anbae Idhu nijamthaana?
Vellaipookkal
Endhan vaanin
Swasame
Kelaamal

This playlist on loop for the last 3 hours.. Would still go for 2 more hours.. Wish the night is a bit longer..

raghavendran
5th June 2010, 08:15 AM
Mellisaiye
Aathangara maramae
Udhaya Udhaya
Kangalil enna eeramo?
Mudhal Murai
Anbae Idhu nijamthaana?
Vellaipookkal
Endhan vaanin
Swasame
Kelaamal

This playlist on loop for the last 3 hours.. Would still go for 2 more hours.. Wish the night is a bit longer..ellame masterpieces ajay :D

Yathu
12th June 2010, 03:47 PM
Aromale with female BGM bits added:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbn6y1U2LvU

lancelot
13th June 2010, 01:26 PM
Mellisaiye
Aathangara maramae
Udhaya Udhaya
Kangalil enna eeramo?
Mudhal Murai
Anbae Idhu nijamthaana?
Vellaipookkal
Endhan vaanin
Swasame
Kelaamal

This playlist on loop for the last 3 hours.. Would still go for 2 more hours.. Wish the night is a bit longer..ellame masterpieces ajay :D

after reading your play list.. i made it my play list to :)

ajaybaskar
23rd June 2010, 10:50 PM
Minsaara Poovae (Padayappa)..

Another ARR number which swapped places from my least favourites to the most favourites list..

Ramakrishna
24th June 2010, 01:46 AM
Desh Mere Desh Mere - Legend of Bhagat Singh

patriotic songs and energetic songsla ARR-a thokkadikka innoruthan poranthuthaan varanum.

ajaybaskar
24th June 2010, 09:39 AM
Des mere
Azaadi
Rang de basanti chola
Yeh jo des hain tera
Maa Tujhe salaam
Kappaleri Poyachu
Tamizha Tamizha

What else?

satissh_r
24th June 2010, 10:16 AM
Idhu annnai bhoomi (Rukh Jaao) kuda sethukalamnu nenaikiren :)

ajithfederer
24th June 2010, 10:25 AM
Many BG themes in the film Bombay.

Des mere
Azaadi
Rang de basanti chola
Yeh jo des hain tera
Maa Tujhe salaam
Kappaleri Poyachu
Tamizha Tamizha

What else?

Ramakrishna
24th June 2010, 04:12 PM
What about inspirational energetic songs like Jana Gana mana, vetrikodikattu, Thok de killi etc?

Benny Lava
24th June 2010, 06:46 PM
Des mere
Azaadi
Rang de basanti chola
Yeh jo des hain tera
Maa Tujhe salaam
Kappaleri Poyachu
Tamizha Tamizha

What else?

Lot of lovely songs and some adrenalin pumpers as well...

Jana gana mana
Khoon chala
Mangal Mangal
Sarfaroshi Ki Tamanna (one of them is poignantly blissful while the other version is bombastic!!)
Mere Rang de basanti (the one from LoBS)
Desh mere desh mere
Des ki mitti (just wow!!)
Dilli (from Bose)

jinju
2nd July 2010, 11:51 AM
'Chikku Bukku Chikku Bukku Rayile' - An ARR song that i've not listened to completely in many many years...just played it last evening for fun and curious how my 2-year-old toddler wud react to that...Unsurprisingly, he was hooked and started swinging to the beats...of course, the kid's voice in the beginning made sure the song caught his attention right from the word go! he loves me mimicking the train sound anyways, and that's why out of memory i played it in the first place...and boy am i happy i played it! the song is still fresh for me too, maybe coz i haven't listened to it in years or maybe that's the way any ARR song is supposed to sound anytime! brought back so many memories, me and a couple of friends performing for this song at school, the rehearsals etc etc...the second interlude is a blast, thanx to the brothers on screen too! even after all these years, it can stand its own amongst any dance number of today! made me realize, while we celebrate melodies n soulful songs of his, the dance numbers still hold good, even after 17 long years!..and yes, now my kid wants that "chuk chuk" song to be replayed all the time! :D

kid-glove
2nd July 2010, 11:57 AM
That song, and handful of Kadhalan songs, Muqabla & Urvasi Urvasi in particular, are quintessential dance number of 90's...

Rahman-Shankar-Prabhu Deva combo did it best !

jinju
2nd July 2010, 12:06 PM
That song, and handful of Kadhalan songs, Muqabla & Urvasi Urvasi in particular, are quintessential dance number of 90's...

Rahman-Shankar-Prabhu Deva combo does this well !

:thumbsup:

i picked out 'Romeo Aattam Pottaal' too after this...another real gud one...hariharan rocked! ARR-PD combo always work!

and inspirational ones Ramakrishna n AB were mentioning above, RDB's "Khoon Chala' should also get a mention i feel...yes, prasoon joshi and mohit chauhan shud also get majority of the credit for that!

venkkiram
2nd July 2010, 06:25 PM
மாரி மழை பெய்யாதோ
மெட்ராஸ சுத்திப் பார்க்க போறேன்
ராசாத்தி
செந்தமிழ் நாட்டு தமிழச்சியே
உசிலம்பட்டி பெண்குட்டி
எதுக்கு பொண்டாட்டி
பேட்டை Rap

ஷாஹுல் ஹமித் பாடிய எல்லா ரஹ்மான் இசைப்பாடல்களும் மிகவும் அருமை.. இறந்தாலும் குரல் மூலம் நம்மிடையே வாழ்ந்து கொண்டே இருக்கிறார். உயிரோடு இருந்திருந்தால், அவரது ஆர்ப்பரிக்கும் குரல் உலகமெங்கும் ரஹ்மான் இசைவிழாக்களில் மூலம் கோடிக்கணக்கான மக்களை இசை வெள்ளத்தில் ஆழ்த்திக்கொண்டே யிருக்கும். யாருக்குத் தெரியும்! உசிரே போகுதே உசிரே போகுதே பாடலை இவரே பாடியிருப்பார்.

Sarna
2nd July 2010, 06:31 PM
மாரி மழை பெய்யாதோ
மெட்ராஸ சுத்திப் பார்க்க போறேன்
ராசாத்தி
செந்தமிழ் நாட்டு தமிழச்சியே
உசிலம்பட்டி பெண்குட்டி
எதுக்கு பொண்டாட்டி
பேட்டை Rap

other than மாரி மழை பெய்யாதோ(i never heard...which movie ? ) and ராசாத்தி ..... all are my favourite songs..

"edhukku pondaatti, ennachchuththi vappaatti " what a song :pink:

littlemaster1982
2nd July 2010, 07:27 PM
other than மாரி மழை பெய்யாதோ(i never heard...which movie ? )

Uzhavan.

Benny Lava
2nd July 2010, 07:38 PM

Rahman-Shankar-Prabhu Deva combo did it best !

Oorvasi oorvasi is a hit among Benny lava clan :lol:

venkkiram
2nd July 2010, 07:39 PM
other than மாரி மழை பெய்யாதோ(i never heard...which movie ? ) and ராசாத்தி ..... all are my favourite songs..

"ராசாத்தி" பாடலில் மயங்காத ஒரு நபரை இப்போதுதான் பார்க்கிறேன். வியப்பாக இருக்கிறது! ஹமித் குரல், வைரமுத்துவின் வரிகள், ஒத்திசைவாக ஒலிக்கும் Chours எல்லாமே தரத்தோடு நெய்யப்பட்டிருக்கும்.

Benny Lava
2nd July 2010, 07:48 PM

"ராசாத்தி" பாடலில் மயங்காத ஒரு நபரை இப்போதுதான் பார்க்கிறேன். வியப்பாக இருக்கிறது! ஹமித் குரல், வைரமுத்துவின் வரிகள், ஒத்திசைவாக ஒலிக்கும் Chours எல்லாமே தரத்தோடு நெய்யப்பட்டிருக்கும்.

+1

Shouldn't we have thumbsup/thumbsdown feature in our hub? :confused2:

A.ANAND
2nd July 2010, 10:09 PM
usurey poguthey... :pink: :shoot: :musicsmile: chance-se illa!easily song of the year! :notworthy:

ajaybaskar
2nd July 2010, 11:56 PM
Went to Vizhuppuram today and came back.. Total 5 hours journey. Fulla thalaivar paattuthaan.. Sorgam..

sathya_1979
3rd July 2010, 10:29 PM
So Gaye Hain - Goosebumps :notworthy:

sathya_1979
3rd July 2010, 11:06 PM
Rewinding to Thalaivar's Hindi Gems - Ada, Taal, Meenaxi, Lagaan, Swades, RDB, Dil Se.................. Onnum solradhukku illa. Just pure bliss, kaattril naan midhakkirEn :fly:

raghavendran
4th July 2010, 07:53 PM
gulfisha--from aadda....superb melody...arr-sonu nigam rocks

Yathu
15th July 2010, 03:55 AM
Dil Gira Dafatan - Delhi 6

An out of body experience.

A.ANAND
15th July 2010, 06:10 AM
Dil Gira Dafatan - Delhi 6

An out of body experience.

:yes: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

A.ANAND
15th July 2010, 09:01 AM
naan varuvene -raavanan

what a song! :musicsmile: :omg:

'puttu maye,fittu maye,bittu maye'what language?? :confused2:

Siv.S
28th July 2010, 11:55 AM
"Aur door kahin roshan hua ek cheharaaa"... ek cheharaaaa.....
"Tanha tanha Dil apna"..........

"Kamosh raat" beautiful melody....Purebliss ..Thalaivaaa :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

SoftSword
28th July 2010, 03:51 PM

+1

Shouldn't we have thumbsup/thumbsdown feature in our hub? :confused2:

if i am not wrong... raasaatthi is the song which is composed without any instruments and only human voices...
throw some more light guys!!

Plum
29th July 2010, 03:32 PM

"Kamosh raat" beautiful melody....Purebliss ..Thalaivaaa :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Lovely, lovely song. This was one my most favourite early Rahman albums.

Siv.S
29th July 2010, 03:54 PM
Lovely, lovely song. This was one my most favourite early Rahman albums.
yes i love this album, I like "Boondon se" than "Manasukkul oru puyal" and the hindi Jumlaikka than tamil. "Toofan ki raat" also too good song.

our guys missed some beautiful hindi songs to remade in tamil,"Dheemi Dheemi" from 1947 earth is one such number... beautiful rendition by ARR and lovely singing hariharan :bow: :bow:

Plum
29th July 2010, 04:35 PM
Yeah, boondon se is another gem. Agree that the hindi version of jummalika had more verve.

interz
2nd August 2010, 11:59 PM
Ey Muthupaappa - Vandicholai Chinnaraasu
Sung by Malgudi Suba, Swarnalatha

A memorable peppy song, which I still listen to occasionally.

Roshan
6th August 2010, 11:55 PM
காதல் அணுக்கள் உடம்பில் எத்தனை
நியுட்ரான் எலெக்ட்ரான்
உன் நீல கண்ணில் மொத்தம் எத்தனை
உன்னை நினைத்தால் திசுக்கள்தோறும் ஆசை சிந்தனை
ஐய்யோ ...
சனா சனா ஒரே வினா
அழகின் மொத்தம் நீயா
நீ நியுட்டன் நியுட்டனின் விதியா
உந்தன் நேசம் நேசம் எதிர்வினையா
நீ ஆயிரம் விண்மீன் திரட்டிய புன்னகையா
அழகின் மொத்தம் நீயா....?

நீ முற்றும் அறிவியல் பித்தன்
ஆனால் முத்தம் கேட்பதில ஜித்தன்
உன்னால் தீம் தோம் தோம்
தீம் தோம் தோம்
தீம் தோம் தோம் மனதில சத்தம்
தேன் தேன் இதழில் யுத்தம்
ரோஜா பூவில் ரத்தம்
ஓ... தீம் தோம் தோம் மனதில சத்தம்

Oh baby Oh baby
செந்தேனில் வஸ்ஸாபி
Oh baby Oh baby
மேகத்தில் பூத்த குலாபி

Madly in love with this song... prelude and pallavila varra guitar notes'kaaga soththaiyE ezhuthi vekkalaam..

Listening to this at least 30 times daily..

PS: உன்னை நினைத்தால் திசுக்கள்தோறும் ஆசை சிந்தனை
ஐய்யோ ... - the way VP renders the ஐய்யோ.. so very romantic..

Sunil_M88
8th August 2010, 03:53 AM
http://www.tamil-theater.com/tamil-movies-online/guru-2007-tamil-movie-watch-online/

The bgm in the first clip that arrives between 18:10 and 18:30. It can be heard again between 19:35 and 20:40. The mesmerising barso re flute. I was crying in cinema when this BGM played :cry2: cannot describe how divine this piece is in mere words :D

Yathu
8th August 2010, 06:10 AM
Yes truly beautiful! You got me listening to BGMs for the past hour on YouTube now!

Some of my favourites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4RoAQyv0dI - Bombay. From 02.13. Absolute beauty!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqZjukSGUCg - Sillendru Oru Kadhal. Uses the "Rangoli" melody from Munbe Vaa. Goosebumps every time. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqvE7iGSkIE - Kandukondain Kandukondain. The nadheswaram bit :omg: Wow!

:musicsmile:

There are so many other gems like these.

jaiganes
9th August 2010, 04:08 AM
vaanil yaeni poattu - the best song in "Pudhiya mannargal".
Awesome pipes and beats. ARR with free flowing charanam and ludes with every instrumental piece getting appropriate exposure.
late 90s - awesome place to be as a music lover in thamizh film world.

raajarasigan
9th August 2010, 01:14 PM
Azhagiya Cindrella - Kangalal Kaidhu Sei :D

I heard that this song was liked by Shankar and he went on requesting ARR to keep for his movie but somehow BR also particular to retain this KKS...

KKS is one of the best albums from ARR -- it is quite sad that it was NOT so popular among the general audience due to film's disaster...

I liked all the songs in this movie in the below order..

1. Theekuruvi
2. Azhagiya Cindrella
3. Ennuyir thozhiye - very good lyrics as well....
4. Aaha thamizhamma
5. Anarkili

Plum
9th August 2010, 03:11 PM
BR also particular to retain this KKS...
:hammer: at BR. avLO sandai pOttu nalla pAttai retain paNNi enna sAdhichApla BR? Although I am not a fan of Shankar and his song picturisation, surely he would have done better justice than BR :evil:

raghavendran
9th August 2010, 06:47 PM
BR also particular to retain this KKS...
:hammer: at BR. avLO sandai pOttu nalla pAttai retain paNNi enna sAdhichApla BR? Although I am not a fan of Shankar and his song picturisation, surely he would have done better justice than BR :evil:superb song..ghoose pimples varum..hariharan :notworthy: ..but picturisation :banghead:

SoftSword
9th August 2010, 06:57 PM
andha hero'vukkku andha picturization podhumnu nenakkiraen....

Plum
9th August 2010, 07:06 PM
BTW, SS, andha hero pEru "Vaseegaran"
(pErai kEttAlE chummA adhiralai :-) )

ada andha soNa ketta herovukkAga indha pAttai sandai pottu vAngittu pOnadhukkAga dhAnE BR-ai thittarOm!

SoftSword
9th August 2010, 08:14 PM

ada andha soNa ketta herovukkAga indha pAttai sandai pottu vAngittu pOnadhukkAga dhAnE BR-ai thittarOm!

damn i got u..
plum, i expected that you would come up with this when i post that, and u fell in :)
once in a while ur too predictable plum...

Un peru enna?

Aravindhasamy!

Aduppulavendhasaami'nu vechirundhaa sariya irukkum :)

jaiganes
9th August 2010, 09:52 PM

I kinda liked the movie and the heros perparmans too (adikka varaadheenga pa). The guy is a "Day dreaming, hallucinating kleptomaniac with criminally insane behaviour so - the face remains placid while his mind is working overtime. I think for this kinda sketch provided to him by the director he did the right thing, by being aboslutely "Expressionless" creating the right ambiguity in perception in the minds of audience. ARR's BGM from the movie too was good. BTW is it the first surreal movie to be scored by ARR (before or after meenaxi?)

littlemaster1982
9th August 2010, 10:30 PM
KKS - Feb 2004, Meenaxi - Apr 2004.

ajaybaskar
10th August 2010, 12:26 PM
I remember the hero, along with Priya Mani, standing outside a theatre in palladam for the first few days, receiving the audience. Later i came to know that he was the owner of the theatre. KKS ran for 40 days in that theatre it seems.

Plum
10th August 2010, 01:47 PM
I remember the hero, along with Priya Mani, standing outside a theatre in palladam for the first few days, receiving the audience. Later i came to know that he was the owner of the theatre. KKS ran for 40 days in that theatre it seems.

Oh I thought he was a NRI Sri Lankan tamil. illaiyA?
(apdi EdhO padichadhA nyAbagam. )

Sunil_M88
10th August 2010, 11:19 PM
I was listening to Dholna from Thakshak and :omg: the second interlude is out of this world. I think Rahman ji has used two or three types of woodwinds to create one sound. Amazing !

Also I keep playing the ghatam and synth flute prelude of Azhagana Ratchashiyae in loop, I haven't reached the vocals :lol2: thanks to pause and rewind button. I wish Rahman ji would compose some more beautiful songs in the reethi gowla raagam, but considering he will be focusing on Hollywood I hope he uses this raag in bgms. It would be such a delight. Who knows :huh:

A.ANAND
12th August 2010, 08:31 AM
samba samba - love birds!

music man
12th August 2010, 01:07 PM
Madrasa Suthi Paaka Poren-May Madham...

Wonderful use of ghatams,guitars and violins throughout...I was transported to my school days....Fond memories...That too when Swarnalatha finishes the song, ARR would have used the ambient pad and guitar to end it...Pure bliss...

Its high time, he deliver a full ghatam song..All his songs that featured prominent ghatam section are huge hits..Recently he used ghatam in the prelude of Masaakali...

We need a full song...

Sunil_M88
12th August 2010, 09:47 PM
@ music man, Khili re is a full on ghatam song :D

music man
12th August 2010, 10:42 PM
@ music man, Khili re is a full on ghatam song :D

Ya..Khile Re has bass and ghatam and also some tabla in the interludes....I meant to mention that we need one in tamil...A tamil song fully in ghatam...Like "Aathangara Marame, Azhagaana Raatchashiye"... :shoot:

music man
13th August 2010, 05:31 PM
Hello Doctor from Kadhal Desam...
Great youthful music...Powerful rhythms in the prelude....

A.ANAND
16th August 2010, 01:49 PM
yuvraj and tehzeeb songs!my alltime favriot arr album!what a songs! :D :clap:

interz
17th August 2010, 12:11 AM
Akkadunnu
Telephone Manipol
Maya Machinda
Pachaikiligal
Kappal Eari

Superb songs. Some of the best songs in a ARR-SHANKAR movie.

genesis
17th August 2010, 06:24 AM
Yedho Yedho Ondru from E20U18. What a beautiful composition!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9o2LoCvsz8

(The visuals do not match the beauty of the song... actually it is better if you do not watch the visuals... it is a distraction)

Yathu
17th August 2010, 03:07 PM
Yedho Yedho Ondru from E20U18. What a beautiful composition!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9o2LoCvsz8

(The visuals do not match the beauty of the song... actually it is better if you do not watch the visuals... it is a distraction)

Yeah a great song. I find it slightly depressing for some reason. :(

MADDY
17th August 2010, 09:24 PM
searched for trance songs of ARR and ended up with hello doctor from kadhal desam and ended up hearing - oh vennilla, thendrale too.......what a delightful album...

minnale from may madham - innoruthan poduvaana-nnu ketkave venaam - im sure its not possible for other MDs....

MADDY
17th August 2010, 09:26 PM
brings me to the knees everytime i hear it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tIAh16E-hY&feature=related

amma song from New :bow:

MADDY
17th August 2010, 09:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqFKMGo1r0s

thirakkadha kaatukkulle from en swase katre........what free flowing charanams

raghavendran
18th August 2010, 07:01 PM
brings me to the knees everytime i hear it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tIAh16E-hY&feature=related

amma song from New :bow: :yes: :notworthy:

Music4Ever
18th August 2010, 09:54 PM
Today's choices are Blue and Ghajini. Finished Blue and Guzarish is running now. What variety. Only Rahman can give such captivating music. All the other pretenders, please go away (excludes the greats MSV, Ilayaraja, and old Hindi MDs, of course).

raajarasigan
18th August 2010, 10:57 PM
Kuliruthu Kulirithu - Taj Mahal

underrated but excellent composition... arguably the best song from ARR for this kind of emotion (viragathaapam)

Lyrics by VM--- :D

Adi Boogamba velaiyilum iru vaan kozhi kalavi kollum :-)

littlemaster1982
18th August 2010, 10:59 PM
^^^ Thanneerai Kaadhalikkum enna category-la varum :roll: I like it as well.

raajarasigan
18th August 2010, 11:04 PM
^^^ Thanneerai Kaadhalikkum enna category-la varum :roll: I like it as well.Master, could be the same emotion...

How can I miss Thanga Thaamarai malare? Excellent rendition by SPB!!! He simply rocks in that song...

littlemaster1982
18th August 2010, 11:21 PM
Absolutely :yes:

SoftSword
18th August 2010, 11:50 PM
thangatthaamarai is in lines with the kulirudhu....
but thanneerai kaadhalaikkum is a more aggressive version while the above two are subtle

interz
18th August 2010, 11:57 PM
Anarkali - Kangalaal Kaithu Sei

Its not because of A R Rahman I listened to this song recently, in Madrasipattinam there is a song that sounded catchy, I felt I heard a similar song before and found this song.

SoftSword
19th August 2010, 12:01 AM
actually in madrasapattinam, the megame song reminded me of gananu gananu song from lagaan... not for the music, for the whole setup and relating to the story, and also reminded me of aalaala ganda... the reason being MSVs voice..

MADDY
19th August 2010, 11:18 AM
dolna from parasuram - the song picks up from 1st interlude only....nice fun but undercooked song-nnu nalla theriyudhu

Maya maya from baba - the sound template for baba is the most different till date for me of any thalaivar albums - remba different-a irukkum choice of instruments, recording quality etc....hmmm :?

A.ANAND
19th August 2010, 11:41 AM
intha songe oru oscar kodukalam!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJVEAK8Twq4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QJWq-NDBXY&feature=related

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

raghavendran
19th August 2010, 06:44 PM
hey hey endhan atchi unakku from kadhal virus...semmethiyana song..enne beats,chanceless..vasundhra das 8-)

19thmay
19th August 2010, 06:48 PM

underrated but excellent composition... arguably the best song from ARR for this kind of emotion (viragathaapam)

raakozhi rendum muzhichiruku? :oops:

raajarasigan
19th August 2010, 11:35 PM

raakozhi rendum muzhichiruku? :oops:19th may, thats also a good no for that emotion... :)

sathya_1979
21st August 2010, 11:20 AM
VTV title BGM running non-stop! God only possible. The place where the Hosanna tune and Mannippaayaa merges seamlessly - 0.59 to 1.19 pure bliss. Listening this is the highest pleasure in life :D :yes:

Sunil_M88
21st August 2010, 05:01 PM
:musicsmile: Bole sajni :musicsmile:

Grand, royal, lavish and beautiful are only a fraction of words I associate with this composition :clap: :notworthy:

SoftSword
21st August 2010, 06:29 PM
spiderman... spiderman.. spiderrr...man....
awesome voice and a very different song..
guess the master would have had lots of fun tweeking the sounds

Ramakrishna
21st August 2010, 07:19 PM
VTV title BGM running non-stop! God only possible. The place where the Hosanna tune and Mannippaayaa merges seamlessly - 0.59 to 1.19 pure bliss. Listening this is the highest pleasure in life :D :yes:

Any link to download?

sathya_1979
21st August 2010, 08:04 PM

Any link to download?
Ajay had posted a mediafire link sometime back. Not sure if it is alive now. Msg me ur mail Id. will send as attachment.

SoftSword
22nd August 2010, 05:35 AM
check backgroundscore.com...
suresh has put the complete voiceless bgm as a single track on his site...

sathya_1979
22nd August 2010, 07:38 PM
Venki, Anand, Rama - Had sent u the details of HQ BGMs. Check and let me know.

venkkiram
23rd August 2010, 06:20 AM
சத்யா.. ரொம்ப நன்றி.

விண்ணைத் தாண்டி வருவாயா படம் ரகுமானுக்கு இன்னொரு தேசிய விருதினையும் பெற்றுத்தந்தால் ஆச்சர்யப் படுவதற்கில்லை. இதை அந்தப் படத்தைப் பற்றிய தனி இழையிலும் குறிப்பிட்டு இருந்தேன். மனதை மயக்கும் இசைக்குறிப்புக்களை படமெங்கும் தெளித்து வைத்திருந்தார் ரகுமான். அப்படியொரு வாய்ப்பை ஏற்படுத்திக் கொடுத்த கௌதமிற்கு நன்றி சொல்லவேண்டும். நல்லதொரு கதை அருமையான இசைப்பாமாலையால் அழகுபடுத்தப் பட்டிருக்கிறது.

ரகுமான் பங்காற்றிய Classic படங்களின் வரிசையின் வி.தா.வருவாயா படமும் சேர்ந்து கொள்கிறது.

A.ANAND
23rd August 2010, 07:42 AM
சத்யா.. ரொம்ப நன்றி.

விண்ணைத் தாண்டி வருவாயா படம் ரகுமானுக்கு இன்னொரு தேசிய விருதினையும் பெற்றுத்தந்தால் ஆச்சர்யப் படுவதற்கில்லை. இதை அந்தப் படத்தைப் பற்றிய தனி இழையிலும் குறிப்பிட்டு இருந்தேன். மனதை மயக்கும் இசைக்குறிப்புக்களை படமெங்கும் தெளித்து வைத்திருந்தார் ரகுமான். அப்படியொரு வாய்ப்பை ஏற்படுத்திக் கொடுத்த கௌதமிற்கு நன்றி சொல்லவேண்டும். நல்லதொரு கதை அருமையான இசைப்பாமாலையால் அழகுபடுத்தப் பட்டிருக்கிறது.

ரகுமான் பங்காற்றிய Classic படங்களின் வரிசையின் வி.தா.வருவாயா படமும் சேர்ந்து கொள்கிறது.

agree vtv is classic !but 'oru silar',VTV cannot near to VA innu sollarangga,did't reach like VA album innu! :roll:

venkkiram
23rd August 2010, 07:48 AM
பாடல்கள் என்று வரும்போது இரு படப் பாடல்களும் நன்றாக அமைந்து விட்டது. நல்லதொரு வரவேற்பை வெகுஜன மக்களிடையே பெற்றவை. ஆரோமலே is simply out of the world .. cult classic composition. மன்னிப்பாயா போன்ற சூழலுக்குப் பொருந்தி வருகிற பாடல்களால் வி.தா.வருவாயா படம் ஒரு படி மேலே நிற்கிறது.

Ramakrishna
23rd August 2010, 09:03 PM
சத்யா.. ரொம்ப நன்றி.

agree vtv is classic !but 'oru silar',VTV cannot near to VA innu sollarangga,did't reach like VA album innu! :roll:

Possible, but we need not worry about popularity of his albums anymore.

Ramakrishna
23rd August 2010, 09:05 PM
Thee Thee - Thiruda Thiruda

Wow... Mindblowing usage of guitar.

ajaybaskar
23rd August 2010, 09:58 PM
Warriors of heaven and earth theme song.

Only this man can compose such songs. Awesome mixing carries the song to a different level. There's a hauntedness associated throughout. Something like a post war situation. Ppl who've watched the movie can help with info.

Ramakrishna
23rd August 2010, 10:22 PM
Warriors of heaven and earth theme song.

Only this man can compose such songs. Awesome mixing carries the song to a different level. There's a hauntedness associated throughout. Something like a post war situation. Ppl who've watched the movie can help with info.

Golden era is the best of WOHE

A.ANAND
24th August 2010, 08:04 AM
சத்யா.. ரொம்ப நன்றி.

Possible, but we need not worry about popularity of his albums anymore.

why?? :roll:

A.ANAND
24th August 2010, 10:17 AM
savadi song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai5RS37-wXw&feature=search

MADDY
24th August 2010, 01:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIjyzuCZvtM&feature=related

yeh jo des hai tera from swades

does this song really melts NRIs??? ive asked my sister, she answered in negative - adhaan kaetten :)

SoftSword
24th August 2010, 05:03 PM
it does to some extent.
have seen many of my friends often listening and quoting this on facebook, all of them are living outside India for sometime now.

SoftSword
24th August 2010, 05:08 PM
yesterday in some fm i heard the "jeeva.." song from jodi...
when i was thinking that it resembles kuchu kuchu raakkamma.. and kan pesum vaartthaigal... i had a surprise that instead of "ennai kollayittu pogum...." there was different words for the whole song...
i have never heard it before..

any idea anyone?

SoftSword
24th August 2010, 05:12 PM
i googled and got this:

http://www.paadal.com/album/oonjal

its mentioned that its from the album "oonjal"
never know that that jothikas hindi movie songs were dubbed also

ajaybaskar
24th August 2010, 06:29 PM
Doli sajaake rakhna?

raghavendran
24th August 2010, 07:57 PM
"ilamai"-varalaaru..semme energy song..aslam's yodeling :clap: ..kishore kumar style

Sunil_M88
25th August 2010, 04:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKqOrq_O4XU

:omg: Flabbergasted would be a total understatement

Sunil_M88
25th August 2010, 04:08 AM

LOL, In excitement I forgot to mention that the continuum humming is 3:05 onwards... there is a lack of quality but that's no hurdle in the immortality of this song :D

SoftSword
25th August 2010, 04:27 AM
Doli sajaake rakhna?

ya

Wibha
25th August 2010, 12:36 PM
Behka- Ghajini for the first time. Love it :cool:

ajaybaskar
25th August 2010, 12:38 PM
Y? Were u in coma?

jaaze
25th August 2010, 12:45 PM
Dil Gira - Delhi 6
Kahin To - JTYJN
spellbound :bow:

LOL, In excitement I forgot to mention that the continuum humming is 3:05 onwards... there is a lack of quality but that's no hurdle in the immortality of this song :D :bow:
rehna tu.. hai jaaze tu :musicsmile:

Sunil_M88
25th August 2010, 01:54 PM
In relation to the clip posted above, I was doing my research and came across this clip ----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVIyNGuZCh4 and this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXjJnNEZeT8

The Bebot synth is a phone app. version of the haken fingerboard continuum. The reason why I'm all geared up about this software is because my brother in-law has got this app and I got to experiment with it hehe.

Rahman Ji I'm craving some bebot/continuum :pink:

jaaze
25th August 2010, 08:08 PM
I have used the Bebot and it's 8-)
(but when it's graced by Rahman's fingers, it totally reaches another level)

Benny Lava
25th August 2010, 08:44 PM
I have used the Bebot and it's 8-)
(but when it's graced by Rahman's fingers, it totally reaches another level)

Same here.. in our hands it just sounds funny.. you have to try it yourself to find out the magic of his hands.

Siv.S
1st September 2010, 10:02 PM
Man chandre.. ras ne aave..
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: i have asked my punjabhi colleague the meaning of this song.. "its a lover singing who is not having peaceful mind after falling in love :lol: .. BTW the punjabhi listened to this song fisrt time.. and stunned with the music and lyrics.. :thumbsup:

littlemaster1982
2nd September 2010, 07:54 AM
Attagasamana paattu :2thumbsup:

Welcome back, Siva :D

Yathu
2nd September 2010, 04:48 PM

The most beautiful song that ever exsisted! :D

jaaze
2nd September 2010, 05:38 PM
Yuvvraaj - Dil Ka Rishta

Ramakrishna
3rd September 2010, 12:58 AM
Masakali - Fun-o fun

A.ANAND
3rd September 2010, 10:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muZKOZzqylI&feature=related

savadi song! :notworthy:

ajaybaskar
3rd September 2010, 01:12 PM

Listening to this song is no different from meditating for half an hour. Divine is the word which would least describe the feel of the song.. Every now and then this man comes up with such a song and makes me forget that there are few more composers in the industry..

jaaze
3rd September 2010, 01:22 PM
Dil Gira Dafatan - there's something in this song that just inexplicably takes you to another world - and the picturisation was equally brilliant and pleasant to the eyes

A.ANAND
3rd September 2010, 02:33 PM
Dil Gira Dafatan - there's something in this song that just inexplicably takes you to another world - and the picturisation was equally brilliant and pleasant to the eyes

:yessir: :2thumbsup: most my favriote song!like in heaven!

Siv.S
3rd September 2010, 11:38 PM

Listening to this song is no different from meditating for half an hour. Divine is the word which would least describe the feel of the song.. Every now and then this man comes up with such a song and makes me forget that there are few more composers in the industry..
Ajay :bow: :bow: :bow:

Welcome back, Siva :D

Thank you master :D

interz
3rd September 2010, 11:54 PM
Rukkumani Rukkumani - Roja

Its the first song (by Rahman) that impressed me when Roja songs came out. Sounded slick and different. Esp the drums during 2nd interlude.

sathya_1979
4th September 2010, 08:27 AM
Listening Chitti Dance Showcase non-stop for the past 3 days. This track was at the bottom of my Endhiran preference list. Sky-rocketed to the top. Especially from 2:20 which is used in the trailer - only God possible :notworthy: :squeeze and Kiss:

MADDY
4th September 2010, 10:05 AM
CWG song and Cry cry from Jhootha hi sahi continously for past 12 hrs.......muidyala :lol:

Ramakrishna
4th September 2010, 12:36 PM
Cry cry from Jhootha hi sahi continously for past 12 hrs.......muidyala :lol:

Me for the past 24 hours :poke: seriously, it has been going on non-stop.

ajaybaskar
4th September 2010, 12:45 PM
Cry Cry mp3 version irukka? PM pls..

sathya_1979
4th September 2010, 01:16 PM
enakkum PM pls

Ramakrishna
5th September 2010, 12:19 AM
Mosquito from Connections.... I don't want to use adjectives anymore.

Ramakrishna
5th September 2010, 01:42 AM
[tscii:059c12a486] http://bigbangbong.com/2009/02/11/rehna-tu-translation/

Rehna tu, Hai jaisa tu
Stay as you are
Thoda sa dard tu, Thoda Sukun
A little pain, a little relief
Rehna Tu, Hai Jaisa Tu
Stay as you are
Dheema Dheema jhonka, Ya phir junoon
A gentle breeze, a strong gust of wind
Thoda sa resham, Tu hamdam
A little silky, you are my love
Thoda sa khurdura
A little rough
Kabhi tu adh jaaye, Ya ladh jaaye
Sometimes you are stubborn, Sometimes you end up fighting
Ya khushboo se bhara
Sometimes (you are) full of fragrance (sweetness)
Tujhe badalna na chahoon
Don’t want to change you
Rati bhar bhi sanam
Not even a bit
Bina sajawat milawat
Undecorated, Unaltered
Na zyaada na hi kam
Neither more nor less
Tuhje chaahon, jaisa hai tu
I like you, just the way you are
Mujhe teree barish mein beegna hai ghuljana hai
I want to drench myself in rain (of your love).. I seek union with you

Tujhe chaahon, jaisa hai tu
Mujhe tere lapat mein jalna rakh ho jana hai
I want to get burnt in your tresses…burn away to ashes
Tu zakham de agar
If you torment me,
Marham bhi aakar tu lagaaye
You soothe me too
Zakham mein bhi mujhko pyaar aaye
Even in pain, I find you adorable

Dariya oooo dariya
Doobne de mujhe dariya
Doobne de mujhe dariya
Let me sink in your love (river-like)
Rehna Tu, Hai Jaisa Tu
Stay as you are

Rehna Tu, Hai Jaisa Tu
A gentle light breeze or a strong gust of wind

Haath thaam chalna ho
If we hold hands and walk
To dono ke daye haath sang kaise
Then how our right hands will be intertwined
Haath thaam chalna ho
If we hold our hands
Ek daaya hoga, ek baaiya hoga
Only the left and right hands can join
Tham le, haath yeh thaam le
Hold my hands…hold my hands dear
Chalna hai sang thaam le
Hold my hands…in the journey (of life)
[/tscii:059c12a486]

venkkiram
5th September 2010, 08:46 AM
குலுவாலிலே

தமிழை உதித் தனது குரலில் பலமாக சிதைத்திருந்தாலும், அதையும் மீறி பாடலின் மீதான ஈர்ப்பு அதிகமாக ஒரே காரணம் ரஹ்மானின் உருவாக்கம் தான். மலையாள வாசம் மேற்கத்திய தாளக்கட்டில் அழகாக நெய்யப்பட்டிருக்கும். மெலடி என்றும் வைத்துக்கொள்ளலாம். கேளிக்கை நடனப் பாடலாகவும் வைத்துக்கொள்ளலாம். ஒரே கல்லில் ரெண்டு மாங்கா!

MADDY
5th September 2010, 08:49 AM
Kulu valile is a stunner - my most fav song from muthu 8-)

Vivasaayi
5th September 2010, 09:35 AM
குலுவாலிலே

தமிழை உதித் தனது குரலில் பலமாக சிதைத்திருந்தாலும், அதையும் மீறி பாடலின் மீதான ஈர்ப்பு அதிகமாக ஒரே காரணம் ரஹ்மானின் உருவாக்கம் தான். மலையாள வாசம் மேற்கத்திய தாளக்கட்டில் அழகாக நெய்யப்பட்டிருக்கும். மெலடி என்றும் வைத்துக்கொள்ளலாம். கேளிக்கை நடனப் பாடலாகவும் வைத்துக்கொள்ளலாம். ஒரே கல்லில் ரெண்டு மாங்கா!

Muthu - the best of Rajni - ARR combo...aged well compared to their other movies...still fresh

jaaze
5th September 2010, 10:57 AM
[tscii:1d7f3e2d21] http://bigbangbong.com/2009/02/11/rehna-tu-translation/

Rehna tu, Hai jaisa tu
Stay as you are
Rehna Tu, Hai Jaisa Tu
Stay as you are
A gentle breeze, a strong gust of wind
Thoda sa resham, Tu hamdam
A little silky, you are my love
Thoda sa khurdura
A little rough
Kabhi tu adh jaaye, Ya ladh jaaye
Sometimes you are stubborn, Sometimes you end up fighting
Ya khushboo se bhara
Sometimes (you are) full of fragrance (sweetness)
Tujhe badalna na chahoon
Don’t want to change you
Rati bhar bhi sanam
Not even a bit
Bina sajawat milawat
Undecorated, Unaltered
Na zyaada na hi kam
Neither more nor less
Tuhje chaahon, jaisa hai tu
Mujhe teree barish mein beegna hai ghuljana hai
I want to drench myself in rain (of your love).. I seek union with you

Tujhe chaahon, jaisa hai tu
Mujhe tere lapat mein jalna rakh ho jana hai
I want to get burnt in your tresses…burn away to ashes
Tu zakham de agar
If you torment me,
Marham bhi aakar tu lagaaye
You soothe me too
Zakham mein bhi mujhko pyaar aaye
Even in pain, I find you adorable

Dariya oooo dariya
Doobne de mujhe dariya
Doobne de mujhe dariya
Let me sink in your love (river-like)
Rehna Tu, Hai Jaisa Tu
Stay as you are

Rehna Tu, Hai Jaisa Tu
A gentle light breeze or a strong gust of wind

Haath thaam chalna ho
If we hold hands and walk
Haath thaam chalna ho
If we hold our hands
Ek daaya hoga, ek baaiya hoga
Only the left and right hands can join
Tham le, haath yeh thaam le
Hold my hands…hold my hands dear
Chalna hai sang thaam le
Hold my hands…in the journey (of life)
[/tscii:1d7f3e2d21]the lyrics from such a wonderful song :o TFS, RK

Ramakrishna
5th September 2010, 11:51 AM
The usage of rehna Tu in the movie was shocking.

tvsankar
5th September 2010, 02:28 PM
Enaku 20 Unaku 18 - NIce Album

Kama kama - Naughty and YOuthful Tune......

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBARR00053&lang=en

raghavendran
5th September 2010, 10:59 PM
குலுவாலிலே

Muthu - the best of Rajni - ARR combo...aged well compared to their other movies...still fresh :exactly: best arr-rajni combo...

A.ANAND
6th September 2010, 02:11 PM
omana penne - vtv

engga office-ikku zerox machine repair panna oru technision vantharu,avaru ringtone intha song vanthanthu!odane kaiyya koduthuten! :D

Ramakrishna
6th September 2010, 11:41 PM
Mosquito

A.ANAND
7th September 2010, 06:55 AM
Mosquito

ippadi oru song irukka?? :shock:

sathya_1979
7th September 2010, 07:46 AM
Mosquito

ippadi oru song irukka?? :shock:
In connexions album

ajaybaskar
7th September 2010, 10:56 AM
Ennoda room kadhavaiyellam saathikittu high volumela 'Kilimanjaro'

Enna adi!!! Try this out, guys...

sathya_1979
7th September 2010, 10:58 AM
Ennoda room kadhavaiyellam saathikittu high volumela 'Kilimanjaro'

Enna adi!!! Try this out, guys...
Ajay, unga room saavi please :yessir: Sorry for the kadi :lol:

ajaybaskar
7th September 2010, 10:59 AM
Sathya,

Neengaluma????

MADDY
8th September 2010, 10:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRITPjraXgA&feature=related

semmozhi maanadu song - sema adi 8-)

ajaybaskar
8th September 2010, 12:55 PM
Padagaali - Yodha
What a song!!! Awesome percussions.. :clap:

ajaybaskar
9th September 2010, 10:48 AM
Kannukkul Kannai - VTV

Perfect usage of violin. Not a stroke more, not a stroke less. Class!!!!

A.ANAND
9th September 2010, 07:20 PM
oru poiyavathu solkanne - jodi

Kumar2020
10th September 2010, 06:34 PM
irumbile oru irudhayam - Endhiran...
just simply love his voice...no matter what people say about him singing but for me...he should sing...!!

sunnyg
13th September 2010, 10:43 PM
I have loved Kannukul kannai song from VTV right from the first listen.

It is just so amazing, starting with the violin piece. The start is so spellbinding!

This song is a gem to treasure for ever.

Sunil_M88
16th September 2010, 04:50 PM
Sabaq Aisa and Zindagi Hai Dua :musicsmile:

Truly a perfect marriage of percussion and melody. Madhushree excels in both songs correlatively.

All 3 Silent Innovations from Connections. If all 3 pieces were played in "Rehna Tu" continuum fingerboard, it would be such a glory.

Siv.S
16th September 2010, 06:15 PM
Irumbiley or Irudhayam... lovely song .. lovely singing by thalaivar.. :bow:

Ramakrishna
17th September 2010, 06:44 PM
Manmohini
Mosquito
Kwaja Mere Kwaja
kwaa mere kwaja instrumental
Manmohona
Anbendra mazhayile

Spiritual experience

ajaybaskar
18th September 2010, 01:04 PM
Mujhpe Toofan, Na Shiqwa Hota & Sabaq Aisa (Tehzeeb)

ARRji, Only u can create such masterpieces.. :clap:

BTW, Did Sujata Bhattacharya sing any other songs in ARR's music after Tehzeeb?

satissh_r
18th September 2010, 01:59 PM

Sujata Bhattacharya got her name changed after that album, now she is known as Madhusree :D Ungalukku ithu eppadi theriyama pochu Ajay?

A.ANAND
18th September 2010, 06:28 PM

romba naala naan sollanen!tehzeeb is one of best arr album innu!

now happy! :D

Sunil_M88
19th September 2010, 09:33 PM
This was during the first days of me becoming an obsessed Rahmaniac. Don't get me wrong, I heard many songs of his up till then but one day I thought, let's listen to sir's native songs. So I sat up at some silly time during the night downloading Rahman's tamil albums for hours and hours...

Once I shifted them to my iPod I heard some songs and others I forwarded naively :( I forwarded certain songs like an idiot and then came the song that turned my life like a table lol :P...

The shakers and then the Signature humming of the song sent me somewhere else hehe The first interlude and the use of pizzicato aaah certainly divine. Basically, I can't explain how I felt :D I'll be here all day and adjectives will be flowing in every angle.

I heard that song numerous times that night and i downloaded the hindi dubbed version. For the 1st time I heard the tamil version before the hindi and tbh I wasn't satisfied with the hindi one due to repeated listening of the original. But the hindi lyrics mil hi gaye translate to I've met you and that day I realized I had truly met Rahman for the rest of my life.

Hope your eyes aren't sore. Thanks

Ramakrishna
19th September 2010, 09:36 PM
Would you mind sharing the name of the song?

Sunil_M88
19th September 2010, 09:55 PM
Mel Isaiye, my fav song from Rahman Ji :happydance:

Ramakrishna
19th September 2010, 11:01 PM
Kamosh Raat - Thakshak
Such a delightful song.

ajaybaskar
20th September 2010, 12:01 PM
Do Nishaniyan - JHS

இப்படி ஒரு 'கம்போஸர்' சினிமாவுக்கு வருவார்னு தெரிந்திருந்தால் நான் 92க்கு பிறகே பாட்டு கேட்க துவங்கியிருப்பேன்.

Sunil_M88
20th September 2010, 06:36 PM
I'll be waiting is a panacea and soars in class. It's definitely the most heard in my list today :D

ajaybaskar
20th September 2010, 06:39 PM
So u r Sunil Mel Isaiye Malhotra?

lancelot
20th September 2010, 07:07 PM
I'll be waiting is a panacea and soars in class. It's definitely the most heard in my list today :D Makes me feel luike am listening to a Nat King Cole song. Amazing song!

sathya_1979
20th September 2010, 07:25 PM
Do Nishaniyan - JHS

இப்படி ஒரு 'கம்போஸர்' சினிமாவுக்கு வருவார்னு தெரிந்திருந்தால் நான் 92க்கு பிறகே பாட்டு கேட்க துவங்கியிருப்பேன்.
unga bhakthikku munnaadi naangaLLaam saadhaaraNam! :notworthy: BTW, PM download link for HQ Songs pls. I searched all over Indira Nagar at Bangaore, could not find :( Will buy over the weekend at Chennai.

Sunil_M88
20th September 2010, 09:14 PM
So u r Sunil Mel Isaiye Malhotra?

yes sir

A.ANAND
21st September 2010, 08:43 AM
Do Nishaniyan - JHS

:lol: :clap:

sathya_1979
22nd September 2010, 08:29 PM
Satrangi Re - :notworthy: EVANAALAYUM indha maadhiri seiyya mudiyaahu!

Scale
23rd September 2010, 11:06 AM
Tu Guzarish & Oh Behka :musicsmile:

Speaks volumes about ARR's versatility.

MADDY
23rd September 2010, 11:53 AM
Tu Guzarish & Oh Behka :musicsmile:

Speaks volumes about ARR's versatility.

there was a comment from IR section which said AR gives jazz in pure form and doesent know to tweak it - i hope they listen to this song....

sathya_1979
23rd September 2010, 01:51 PM
enakku oNNu thONudhu, vENaam freeyaa viduvOm.

sathya_1979
23rd September 2010, 01:54 PM
Manmohini - The song for which u can give ur life! Divine blessing and pure bliss!

ajaybaskar
23rd September 2010, 06:32 PM
New York Nagaram

Nearly 4 years since the song got released. But still the same freshness.. :clap:

music man
23rd September 2010, 09:00 PM
Manmohini - The song for which u can give ur life! Divine blessing and pure bliss!

Ya Ya... :exactly: :clap:

Immortal song...

A.ANAND
24th September 2010, 01:37 PM
kaise mujhe -ghajini

tamil rasigargal intha song kekka kodutu vekkala! :(

Scale
25th September 2010, 10:48 AM
செந்தமிழ் நாட்டு தமிழச்சியே..

Shahul :(

Scale
25th September 2010, 10:55 AM
Maddy an useful quote to learn from

"Humble men do not do great work".

sathya_1979
25th September 2010, 03:21 PM

indha vaakkiyaththa sonna adhi mEdhaavai, thanjavoor kovil kalvettula ezhudhi vechittu, pakkaththulayE ukkaandhukka sollunga :)

A.ANAND
25th September 2010, 07:32 PM

indha vaakkiyaththa sonna adhi mEdhaavai, thanjavoor kovil kalvettula ezhudhi vechittu, pakkaththulayE ukkaandhukka sollunga :)

:lol:

A.ANAND
25th September 2010, 07:40 PM

ஆஹா என்ன ஒரு தத்துவம்
தலைவனை பொல தொன்டன்! :lol:

A.ANAND
25th September 2010, 07:42 PM
tara pam para - jhs

semma song!enna beat-tu! :thumbsup:

Scale
25th September 2010, 10:16 PM
lol

koottama anuppa vendiyathu thaan

Scale
25th September 2010, 10:20 PM
anbil avan is song of the year for me :thumbsup:

A.ANAND
26th September 2010, 05:50 PM
netru illatha maatram -puthiya mugam

trend setting song!

venkkiram
26th September 2010, 07:15 PM
anbil avan is song of the year for me :thumbsup:கொஞ்சம் விளக்கமா சொல்லுங்களேன். இந்தப் பாடலை ஆகச் சிறந்த பாடல் இந்த வருடத்தில் எனச் சொல்லவேண்டிய காரணம்? தெரிந்து கொள்ள ஆவல்.

Scale
27th September 2010, 11:17 AM
Oru personal opiniona eduthukkungha... Some may find it prejudiced irunthuttu pottom. It was really tough to even pick a favourite from VTV. This song is above all, IMO. It is a cultural & musical crossover, vintage composition goes well with the theme of inter-caste marriage. A perfect blend of Indian/western wedding music with so much energy, spirit and joy. The synthesized pip.. pee prelude & NY hip hop beats, church organ & nadaswaram interlude, the chariot like sound/beats for the classic car drive. Lot of interesting sounds, chorus, thamarai lyrics and beautifully rendered by Devan & Chinmayee.

Amazing song never gets bored. GVM :clap: nicely picturised.

Sunil_M88
29th September 2010, 06:40 PM
If I had to pick my fav track from all the releases this year, then the following would be my choices..

In order of release:

1. Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa - Hosanna
2. Raavan - Thok De Killi
3. Puli - Namakame
4. Enthiran - Irumbile oru Irudhaiyam
5. Jhootha Hi Sahi - Cry Cry

Out of the 3 singles, Semmozhiyaana Tamizh Mozhiyaam would be pick

lancelot
29th September 2010, 06:46 PM
I'll be waiting... STUNNING!

(if this was an FB page, i would have clicked 'Like' to almost every post on this page :D )

interz
4th October 2010, 12:24 AM
Mama Lovepannunga - Super Police

Super music by Super Musician

A.ANAND
4th October 2010, 12:33 PM
enthiran songs! :clap:

thalaivarukkum next national award 4 bgm and songs!conferm!

Siv.S
11th October 2010, 01:55 PM
Aaromale Shreya G version,the humming.. the song comes as BGM in the movie.. :bow: :bow: :bow: Listen to Alphonse version and then this... Thalaivar did the emotions mixing job :bow: :bow:

A.ANAND
11th October 2010, 03:27 PM
kathal anukkal - enthiran

what a freshness in this song!breezy and soulfull!

another award waiting 4 vijayprakash after hossana! :thumbsup: :clap:

MADDY
11th October 2010, 03:42 PM
marudhaani - sakkarakatti

madhushree :bow: madhu means honey in hindi and other languages, which is what her voice is :bow:

these are not songs but statements by thalaivar that electronica can be used to depict complex emotions like jealousy, betrayal, breakup etc 8-)

Yathu
12th October 2010, 05:24 AM
Ishq Ada - Ada

Male & female versions back to back. Beautiful.

:musicsmile:

19thmay
12th October 2010, 10:32 AM
After watchin the movie "Pudhiya Manidha" is mesmerizing me

மாற்றம்.. கொண்டு வா.., மனிதனை.. மேன்மை செய்
எல்லா உயிர்களுக்கும் நன்மையாய் இரு!

:thumbsup:

But still I hate Kilimanjaro, only ARR song that irritates me even after repeated listening. :roll:

A.ANAND
12th October 2010, 12:11 PM
ஒவ்வொருவருக்கும் ஒவ்வொரு விதமான ரசனை! :D

A.ANAND
12th October 2010, 12:24 PM
வலயபட்டி தவிலெ - அழகிய தமிழ் மகன்

ரஹ்மனின் மிக சிரந்த இசையமிப்பு!குத்து பாடலக இருந்தலும் அதில் ஒரு பொருல் அடங்கிய அர்புதமன பாடல்!

sunnyg
13th October 2010, 10:13 PM
Amma thale from Puli!

I dont understand Telugu but the song is awesome with carnatic raaga intertwined in the notes.

Very soothing.

Sunny G.

sathya_1979
13th October 2010, 10:35 PM

ரஹ்மனின் மிக சிரந்த இசையமிப்பு!குத்து பாடலக இருந்தலும் அதில் ஒரு பொருல் அடங்கிய அர்புதமன பாடல்!
Anand Sir, neenga englishlayE post paNNunga!

A.ANAND
14th October 2010, 09:41 AM

Anand Sir, neenga englishlayE post paNNunga!

:lol: chumma try panni paathen!ithukku mela tamil-la kevala paduthakudathu illaya???

A.ANAND
14th October 2010, 07:19 PM
barotta - vandicholai chinnarasu

savadi song!thalaivar panna lollu song! :lol: :2thumbsup:

Ramakrishna
15th October 2010, 08:21 PM
Thee Thee - Thiruda Thiruda

Stunner

A.ANAND
16th October 2010, 12:24 PM
ennatha ponnatha ennathan vittu pona - uzhavan

i'm still remember when this song on air in malaysian tamil radio channel [now called'minnal fm'] during this album release in 1994,the dj tuning this song was crying after end of this song!

sathya_1979
16th October 2010, 05:47 PM
Do Nishaniyaan - aahaa aahaa, enna oru paattu!

sunnyg
18th October 2010, 03:17 AM
KB's movie with Madhavan and Simran-the movie was a disaster but songs are too good. Its unfair to compare the music with their earlier movie, Duet.

Azage sugama- Srinivas
Manmadha maasam - Shankar Mahadevan, Nityasree
Nee dhaan en desiya geetham - dont remember singers

Super songs!

Sunny G.

sunnyg
18th October 2010, 03:19 AM
I had shared Thiruda Thiruda CD with my Chinese colleague in the US.

He kept it for a couple of days and returned it back - was impressed by all songs. But he said he liked Thee Thee the best!

ajithfederer
18th October 2010, 10:38 PM
Sonnalum Ketpadhilllai kanni manadhu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efds45hGp7Y

:cool2:

Ramakrishna
19th October 2010, 12:01 AM
Poovukenna Poottu - Bombay & Aayirathil Naan Oruvan -Iruvar

Energy, energy, energy....Full of positive energy.

SoftSword
19th October 2010, 06:55 AM
"ennaattha ponnaattha ennatthaan vittuppona..."

from uzhavan...
indha madhiri oru gramatthu kadhaila pala periya aalunga paattu potrundhaalum... rahman has his own style... :notworthy:

wish i could see rahman in another gramatthu movie.. or atleast another movie where he can compose some folk tunes...

Yathu
23rd October 2010, 05:18 AM
Annarkali - Kangalal Kaidhi Sei

Used to be a firm favourite of mine when it came out. Recently rediscovered it!

music man
23rd October 2010, 11:08 AM
"ennaattha ponnaattha ennatthaan vittuppona..."

from uzhavan...
indha madhiri oru gramatthu kadhaila pala periya aalunga paattu potrundhaalum... rahman has his own style... :notworthy:

wish i could see rahman in another gramatthu movie.. or atleast another movie where he can compose some folk tunes...

Exactly my thoughts....Was listening to Karuthamma and Kizhakku Seemaiyile in my car stereo....

Man!!! We really miss those..Absolute soulful melodies...

1) Aaraaro Aariraaro---great song...with that typical ARR sounds..
2) Kaadu Potta Kaadu---Soulful pathos with M.Vasudevan and Bharathiraja with African rhythms...
3) Porale--Super duet
4) Thenmerku Paruva Kaatru----Only ARR can present such a song in a village movie..Thanks to Bharathiraja....
5) Kathaazang Kaatuvazhi----Wow....Superb song..It was a slap on the face of those people who said the little kid would be like a pomerian dog in a desert....
6) Aathangara Marame-Stunning melody.
7) Thenkizaku Seemaiyle---I cried yesterday hearing this song..Each and every instrument in that song cried.... Vocals were given importance and beats were minimal..That was his hallmark in those days..

Ippo mattum intha madhiri songs vanthaa super ah irukum...But ARR's old sound has changed and he has matured...I want those old innocent sounds back...Atleast for one song...

Ramakrishna
23rd October 2010, 01:10 PM
Call me Dil - JHS

A.ANAND
23rd October 2010, 09:48 PM
hello -JSH

chanse illa!savadi song :thumbsup:

kartik :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Ramakrishna
25th October 2010, 11:20 PM
Call me Dil

I don't care whether the movie or the album becomes a hit or not. if Abbas can inspire ARR to give such songs, i don't mind him working with Abbas

raghavendran
26th October 2010, 08:04 PM
Call me Dil

I don't care whether the movie or the album becomes a hit or not. if Abbas can inspire ARR to give such songs, i don't mind him working with Abbas :yes: my fav from the album I'LL BE WAITING
wat a try from vijay yesudas..never nkew he could sing this ballad type song...only arr possible :notworthy:

Sunil_M88
27th October 2010, 06:27 PM
Mangta Hai Kya from Rangeela. Love the vocal rendition by Rahman Ji

Yathu
30th October 2010, 12:59 AM
Misara Kanavu - the whole album.

Happy music! :D

A.ANAND
30th October 2010, 01:55 PM
Mangta Hai Kya from Rangeela. Love the vocal rendition by Rahman Ji

:thumbsup: :clap:

sathya_1979
30th October 2010, 02:05 PM
Raavanan - now overtaken VTV, Endhiran, JHS!
ippo nAn enna seiyya?

A.ANAND
30th October 2010, 03:54 PM
ippo nAn enna seiyya?

onnum seiyya venam!peyama paata kelungga! :lol:

Querida
31st October 2010, 06:23 AM
"Anarkali...Anarkali" watched the movie just for this song...

movie was :roll:
song still unforgettable :musicsmile:

venkkiram
31st October 2010, 08:17 AM
ippo nAn enna seiyya?உண்மை.. வி.தா.வ, எந்திரன் பாடல்கள் வந்த போதிலும், ராவணன் இன்னும் பொலிவடைந்து கொண்டே இருக்கிறது.. எப்போது கேட்டாலும் ஏதாவது ஒன்றை புதிதாக மனம் லயிக்கத் தொடங்குகிறது. "உசிரே போகுதே" பாடலில் முடியும் தருவாயில் வரும் இசை (கார்த்திக் குரல் நின்று விட்ட பிறகு) என்ன ஒரு ஆக்கம்! சொல்ல வார்த்தையில்லை.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAugl1qxM_Q

நிமிடம் 5.15 லிருந்து புறப்படும் ஆர்ப்பரிக்கும் இசையின் இறுதியில் அருவி-ஓசைபோல குழுவினர்கள் ஒலிக்க, கேட்கும் நாமெல்லாம் நனைத்தே போய்விடுகிறோம்.

Wibha
1st November 2010, 12:53 AM
Sasein kho gai hai kiski aahon mein
Mein kho gai hoon jane kiski baahon mein
Manzilon se rahe dhondte chali
Aur kho gai hai manzil kahin rahon mein

Kahin Toh Hogi woh- JTYJN :notworthy: :notworthy:

The song is filled with emotions.

A.ANAND
1st November 2010, 01:18 PM
kathal anukkal - enthiran

en pasangga cellphone-la intha song-than ringtone :D

nalla thoongikittu irukkumbothu kathula sattama vechu alara vekkarangga ennake! :lol:

Ramakrishna
3rd November 2010, 06:42 PM
enuyir thozhiye - KKS

Ramakrishna
3rd November 2010, 08:14 PM
SOK BGM :cry:

raghavendran
3rd November 2010, 08:23 PM
SOK BGM :cry:y ya? :roll:

Ramakrishna
3rd November 2010, 08:26 PM

Heart Wrenching :sad:

raghavendran
4th November 2010, 06:32 PM

Heart Wrenching :sad: :yes:

Ramakrishna
4th November 2010, 06:56 PM
Kya Karen - Rangeela

satissh_r
4th November 2010, 10:13 PM
Traveled to Trichy by car and I burnt a thalaivar 90's collection CD just for this. Listened to all the vintage stuff in sequence and that alone made my trip :)

Naan paadum santham :musicsmile: Pure bliss!

Ramakrishna
5th November 2010, 08:08 AM
Kya Karen - Rangeela

Sunil_M88
9th November 2010, 07:04 PM
Mayilirage. aaah thavil, mridangam and tabla :notworthy:

The last time I recall Rahman ji using carnatic instruments was in vtv for anbil avan which was my favourite track, even though others thought it was an underdog. Eagerly awaiting another carnatic fusion.

MADDY
9th November 2010, 08:46 PM
khalbali - rang de basanti

great imagination from thalaivar :D

Ramakrishna
9th November 2010, 10:00 PM
khalbali - rang de basanti

great imagination from thalaivar :D

I have been addicted to this song of late. This and the title credits BGM

Ramakrishna
10th November 2010, 09:37 AM
RDB Title Credits

ajaybaskar
10th November 2010, 12:04 PM
:D

I watched the movie with a friend from Tirunelveli. On listening to the opening credits BGM, esp the guitar piece during the hanging of Bhagat and others, he exclaimed 'Ennale idhu?'. Still those words ring in my ears..