PDA

View Full Version : RESULTS of Hub Awards 2008 - Tamil Film Music

RR
31st January 2008, 02:49 PM
Hub Awards 2008 Results - Tamil Film Music

1. Song of the year - Athiradi (Sivaji)
2. Album of the year (All good songs) - Sivaji (ARR)
3. Best Music Director - ???
4. Best Playback Singer - Male - AR Rahman
5. Best Playback Singer - Female - Shreya Goshal
6. Best Lyricist - Vairamuthu
7. Best Picturisation / Choreography - Vaaji vaaji (Sivaji)
8. Best Singer Debut (Male/Female) - Neha Basin
9. Best Background Score - Sivaji (ARR)

Results will be announced LIVE in this thread..!!

NOV
1st February 2008, 07:04 AM
Category: Best Background Score

This is a new category in our Hub Awards, recognising the huge role played by background music in the success of a film. Ilayaraja is undoubtedly the emperor of BGM and set the standards back in the 80s. Unfortunately in TFM, BGM and compostion of songs fall under the same ambit resulting in sometimes half hearted attempts at scoring BGMs. There were a few films which has both these done by different artistes but they were few and far between.

After IR, his son Yuvan has shown lots of promises in this area of music and in 2007 many of his films had fantastic background scores. The following of his films captured the imaginations of our Hubbers:

Billa
Chennai 28
Paruthi Veeran
Katradhu Thamizh

AR Rahman though scoring only for two films in 2007, was widely nominated for scoring BGM, especially in the rocking blockbuster of 2007, Sivaji the Boss.
The other film of course was Azhagiya Tamizh Magan where he used different BGM for the hero and the anti-hero.

Vidyasagar for Mozhi and Harris Jayaraj for Unnaale Unnaale were the other contenders for this race. The former was an amazingly political correct film with prominence to music, while the latter was about the best musical of Harris Jayraj in 2007.

And the choice film for the best background score in 2007 is.....

RR
1st February 2008, 09:11 AM
[html:157a696023]
<div align="center">
<center>
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1" width="85%">

<tr valign="top">
<td colspan="5" background="/blue_and_red_celtic_design.jpg" height="46"></td>
</tr>
<tr valign="top">
<td rowspan="6" background="/blue_and_red_celtic_design.jpg" width="48"></td>
<td align="left">

</p>

</td>
<td align="center">

<font size=+3 color=green>Hub award for "Best BGM 2007"</font>

<font size="2">awarded to</font>
</td>
</tr>

<tr valign="top">

<td align="left">
</td>
<td align="center">
<p align="center">

<font size="5" color="blue">
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eqMCYU9WGRM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eqMCYU9WGRM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Sivaji (ARR)
</font>

</p>
</td>
<td align="right">
</td>
</tr>
<tr valign="top">
<td background="/blue_and_red_celtic_design.jpg" height="46" colspan="3"></td>

</tr>
</table>
</center>
</div>

[/html:157a696023]

ARR's Sivaji rocked the BGM polls with 42% votes and triumphed over YSR's stylish Billa 2007 (which got 32% votes). Mozhi came a distant third with only 12% votes.

Congrats Sivaji and ARR-ji ! :clap:

MADDY
1st February 2008, 10:40 AM
first one in kitty 8-)

dinesh2002
1st February 2008, 11:59 AM
RR, the video clip u provided, the BGM wasnt a Sivaji BGM :)....

RR
1st February 2008, 12:38 PM
Dinesh,

Are you sure? It's listed here as the theme:

http://www.musicplug.in/songs.php?movieid=2520

dinesh2002
1st February 2008, 01:34 PM
Dinesh,

Are you sure? It's listed here as the theme:

http://www.musicplug.in/songs.php?movieid=2520

RR, Im very sure... this music bit was circulated as Sivaji's BGM before the movie was released. but its not a Sivaji's BGM .....

RR
1st February 2008, 03:37 PM
Ok, replaced.

selvakumar
1st February 2008, 05:53 PM
The other film of course was Azhagiya Tamizh Magan where he used different BGM for the hero and the anti-hero.
:wink: Great Minds think alike (Ofcourse, not selva & NOV ) :)

littlemaster1982
2nd February 2008, 12:42 AM
:redjump: :bluejump: :redjump:

rayan36
2nd February 2008, 06:26 AM
:swinghead: :musicsmile: :swinghead: :musicsmile: :swinghead: :musicsmile: :swinghead: :musicsmile: :swinghead:

A.ANAND
2nd February 2008, 09:34 AM
:yes: :yes: :yes: :2thumbsup: vechayya appu! :lol:

Sanjeevi
2nd February 2008, 04:26 PM
Congrats :)

Roshan
3rd February 2008, 05:11 PM
ARR :thumbsup: :boo: :boo:

NOV
4th February 2008, 09:00 AM
Best Picturisation / Choreography 2007

Gone are the days when audience went for toilet breaks and cigarette breaks when songs came on. These days songs are used to promote a film via the music channels! Such is the pull of songs and their picturisations.

Shankar ensured that Sivaji was a musical extravaganza by providing visually attractive picturisations in at least three songs which found favour by our Hubbers:

Athiradi
Oru koodai sunlight
Vaaji vaaji

The other songs which captured the imaginations of our Hubbers were:

Ajith and Trish in the lovely duet, Akkam pakkam (Kreedom)

Vijay's unusual dance in Dol Dol (Pokkiri)

Hip hop feast by Yogi Bear and a really unusual Danush in Engeyum eppothum (Polladhavan)

Pleasing to the ears, Kaatrin Mozhi (Mozhi)

A freshly rejuvenated My name is Billa (Billa)

A stylish Ponmagal vanthaal (ATM)

and an amazing youth's national anthem these days, Saroja (Chennai 28)

And the winner is....

MADDY
4th February 2008, 01:37 PM
Vaa ji vaa ji - dunno y this song will win but it has, i'm sure :roll: .........for me style(sivaji) and akkam pakkam(Kreedam) were winners.........

RR
4th February 2008, 04:05 PM
[html:8f32074bfa]
<div align="center">
<center>

<tr valign="top">
</tr>
<tr valign="top">
<td align="left">

</p>

</td>
<td align="center">

<font size=+3 color=green>Hub award for "Best Picturisation 2007"</font>

<font size="2">goes to</font>
</td>
</tr>

<tr valign="top">

<td align="left">
</td>
<td align="center">
<p align="center">

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uL-8T-K7vAM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uL-8T-K7vAM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Vaaji Vaaji (Sivaji)
</font>

</p>
</td>
<td align="right">
</td>
</tr>
<tr valign="top">

</tr>
</table>
</center>
</div>

[/html:8f32074bfa]
Many nicely-picturised songs were in competition but the hubbers have decided there's no match for the lavish sets, costumes and of course Shreya of 'vaaji vaaji'..! The song received 40% of the votes. 'Athiradi' came second with 20% and 'My name is billa' secured the third spot with 16% votes.

Congrats! :clap:

Thirumaran
4th February 2008, 06:22 PM
Best Singer Debut 2007

Gone are the days where only few singers were kept in rotation for songs. The competition is more nowadays.
This category is for identyfying the talent for best debut singer.
The main competition for this category are as follows.

Benny Dhayal (Oh nenje - Sivi) -- Forgettable movie but not the songs.

Swetha (On Nenje - Sivi) --

Deepika (Naan meendum - Billa) --

Rahul Nambiar (Vasantha mullai - Pokkiri) --- One of the finest songs of year 2007. Well sung too.

Neha Basin (Pesugiren - Satham Podaathe) -- Quite a different voice from the usual. Interesting however.

Ujjayini (Nee marilyn manroe - ATM) ---- ARR's debut's always makes a mark. So as Ujjayini.

Let us wait and see who makes mark in the future and let us wait for some moments before the announcement.

Shakthiprabha.
4th February 2008, 06:28 PM
yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh vaaji vaaji :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump: :ty: :ty:

MADDY
4th February 2008, 07:00 PM
yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh vaaji vaaji :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump: :ty: :ty:

:shock: :shock: - total HUB-a edhirthu Shankar-a support pannura enakke indha pattu picturisation onnum perusa theriyala :roll: ......anyways, makkal theerpae makesan theerpu :notworthy:

Roshan
4th February 2008, 11:36 PM
Never expected Vaaji Vaaji to win under this category. Anyway, good to see again an ARR number winning. And VM is also a part of it :P :clap:

Nerd
4th February 2008, 11:59 PM
Many nicely-picturised songs were in competition but the hubbers have decided there's no match for the lavish sets, costumes and of course Shreya of 'vaaji vaaji'..! The song received 40% of the votes. 'Athiradi' came second with 20% and 'My name is billa' secured the third spot with 16% votes.

Blasphemy. How could you completely ignore thanga thalaivar tamizh nAttin thaLapathi, socrates-in orE thamizh sishyan Rajinikanth ??? :hammer:

ThalaNass
5th February 2008, 02:02 PM
:cool:

:notworthy: ARR

Sanjeevi
5th February 2008, 02:10 PM
Congrats to director Shankar and art director Sabu Shril :)

RR
5th February 2008, 03:16 PM
[html:80434b6d04]
<div align="center">
<center>

<tr valign="top">
</tr>
<tr valign="top">
<td align="left">

</p>

</td>
<td align="center">

<font size=+3 color=green>Hub award for "Best Singer Debut 2007"</font>

</td>
</tr>

<tr valign="top">

<td align="left">
</td>
<td align="center">
<p align="center">

http://mayyam.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=63&g2_serialNumber=4

Neha Basin
</font>

</p>
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i4WF9rhgLKU&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i4WF9rhgLKU&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
</td>
<td align="right">
</td>
</tr>
<tr valign="top">

</tr>
</table>
</center>
</div>

[/html:80434b6d04]
Talking straight from the heart in 'pesugiren', Neha Basin seems to have captured the hubbers' hearts.. She wins the best debut singer race with 35% votes. Ujjayini ('nee marylin manroe') got 22% for the runner up. Guess we can ask her for a saturday night party! Krish finished in third place with 19% votes.

Viva Neha Basin! :clap:

crajkumar_be
5th February 2008, 03:30 PM
Adhu! :thumbsup:

Thalafanz
6th February 2008, 06:45 AM
Yaarum Deepika-vukku vote podalaya??? :roll: :cry2:

app_engine
6th February 2008, 08:36 PM
Best Lyricist 2007

Interestingly, we had seen some spirited discussion on the choice of Lyricist for 2007.

The list of contenders is a nice mix of young and old:

Gangai Amaran (Chennai 28)

Naa.Muthukumar (Katradhu Thamizh,etc)

Paa. Vijay (Billa,etc)

Thamarai (Pachaikili Muthucharam,etc)

Vaali (Sivaji,ATM,etc)

Vairamuthu (Mozhi,Sivaji,Periyar,etc.)

Let's see who wins...

Sanjeevi
6th February 2008, 09:23 PM
Vaare Vaa,

the most debatable category in TF section

I think it will be Vaiyramuthu

Munsamy
6th February 2008, 09:46 PM
Vaare Vaa,

I second u

Shakthiprabha.
6th February 2008, 09:50 PM
I third u :D

Sanjeevi
6th February 2008, 10:37 PM
Congrats to my orkut friend Neha Basin :)

thilak4life
6th February 2008, 10:44 PM

Avanga unga friend-a? :)

Sanjeevi
7th February 2008, 11:18 AM

Avanga unga friend-a? :)

ofcourse

rajasaranam
7th February 2008, 12:17 PM
Vaare Vaa,

Vairamuthu Paera maathitaara numerology padi :?

Sanjeevi
7th February 2008, 12:23 PM
Vaare Vaa,

naduvula oru i miss agiduchu :lol:

Shakthiprabha.
7th February 2008, 02:27 PM
Vaare Vaa,

good one :)

RR
9th February 2008, 01:06 PM
[html:17f083d86f]
<div align="center">
<center>

<tr valign="top">
</tr>
<tr valign="top">
<td align="left">

</p>

</td>
<td align="center">

<font size=+3 color=green>Hub award for "Best Lyricist 2007"</font>

</td>
</tr>

<tr valign="top">

<td align="left">
</td>
<td align="center">
<p align="center">

http://mayyam.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=80&g2_serialNumber=1

Vairamuthu
</font>

</p>
</td>
<td align="right">
</td>
</tr>
<tr valign="top">

</tr>
</table>
</center>
</div>

[/html:17f083d86f]

Vairamuthu wins with a slender 5 votes margin, and get his second Hub award (after his 2006 win). He received 34 votes (43%). Naa. Muthukumar who had a good lead initially had to settle for the second spot with 29 votes (36%). Last year winner Vaali got 12% votes for a third place finish.

thilak4life
9th February 2008, 02:19 PM
Good one (this one was much tighter)...

rajasaranam
9th February 2008, 03:33 PM
This poll is rigged :P
Congrats to Na.Mu to have garnered 29 votes :D

A.ANAND
9th February 2008, 06:51 PM
haiyyo!poi poyum antha allukka kedakanam! :ashamed: vaali or na.muthukumar-rukku kedaikum innu romba ethir paathen.cheh... :cry:

A.ANAND
9th February 2008, 06:51 PM
haiyyo!poi poyum antha allukka kedakanam! :ashamed: vaali or na.muthukumar-rukku kedaikum innu romba ethir paathen.cheh... :cry:

Shakthiprabha.
9th February 2008, 07:14 PM
:D :D :D

I KNEW IT. who else it can be :redjump: :bluejump: :notworthy:

Roshan
10th February 2008, 11:19 PM
Adhu !!!!!!!!!! (Ajith style'il padiikkavum)

Shakthiprabha.
10th February 2008, 11:22 PM
Roshan,

:D :redjump:

sloshed
11th February 2008, 05:16 AM
Sanjeevi...
I think u are spot on when u said this is the most debatable category in tfmpage..sadly the truth is there is no debate for any of the other nominations....

NOV,

Maybe this suggestion would help....why not just see the total number of registered users and find their "preference of MD" ...and then blatantly announce the winners instead of all this voting business....

and there u had me stunned with your first winner ..

"The other film of course was Azhagiya Tamizh Magan where he used different BGM for the hero and the anti-hero"

This is some kind of joke enlighten me...whats next ...mention YSR about different introductions for different Suryas??? and please God!! when did an english rap song become a BGM ????

You finnaly restored order among "men" here by stating "Mozhi" as "an amazingly political correct film with prominence to music" . Thank you .

What suprises me is that even you know (hopefully ) that Mozhi's BGM is superlative compared to any this year..leave alone shivaji.... if there be so many disbelievers amongst you , fine lets take this on scene by scene.. just give me a superlative musical score than the one in Mozhi where Prithiviraj..stops shaking his hands when he understands that Jothika's is still reverberating to the music.. What makes a superlative BGM.. you just feel the movie.. conveys whatever the director wanted to say in the furst place...

Neglecting Mozhi was this category , only emphaises the shame I have been attributing to tfmpage for sometime now.. wait I hear now ARR is the leading singer..
Unexpected ?? hmm...not really!..there are folks in this tfmpage whose blood pressure shoots up if they find ARR's song gets less stars in Raaga.. worse there are folks who will forego their food to get their MD's in the list of "Most requested songs" in MIO..

Maddy often you accuse me of being sarcastic when it comes to tfmpage and ARR. Now you tell me what should I do ? Rejoice that ARR is chosen as the best singer and carefully and honorably read what NOV is going to write about ARR's singing capabilities in the same breadth as , Haricharan , Karthick and co..dont get me wrong.. I am a big fan of ARR's singing.. but not this time.. It probablly took someone 2 weeks (after the movie's release) to find out that he was singing about "superman" and "spiderman"... and here we all stand to clap our hands as winners. And worse the "other" camp is clueless..helpless, becos they didnt campaign enuf!!! nor have more registered users.

Well the next time they select Agarkar for the Indian team, I dont have to look for reasons why. This tfmpage would give me now all the reasons why someone is always preferred over others..

BTW if anybody is willing to argue why Shivaji triumphs over Mozhi in BGM is more than welcome to put up your case... in terms of movie ...there is really no comparison... healthy discussion is more than warranted..anytime...

till then .. I will be blissfully sarcastic, brutally honest.

NOV
11th February 2008, 05:44 AM
Thanks for your views sloshed. Commentators are not expected to talk about thier favourites or choices. Our job is to deliver the results as voted by the Hubbers, professionally and that means, without bias or fear.

Ok, on to the next category....

sloshed
11th February 2008, 09:45 AM
Nov,
That was no means blaming you .. I understand your limitations and responsibilities...My vent is just that folks are not just able to come out of their zone of comfort to support good music..
Bias is something humane and forced to live with ... With one side Mr.Mani pours his heart out on the histronics of each song and the talents/difficulties that went into them.. while on the other ..we just look that the name at the bottom of the Music Cover ..to give thier thumbs up...!!

rajdes
11th February 2008, 03:04 PM
sloshed, if TFMPage has to announce the result just boing by the registered users and theier preferences, there wouldnt be any traffic to ths site and it becomes pointless because the forum exists to discuss - even if it tends to descend into nothing fights. :-)

aanaa
11th February 2008, 07:36 PM
We all love music and there are some moments we appreciate and enjoy the singers - (for their beutiful voice ..)

and here ....

2007 Best Female Singer is .......

Chitra (Yaaro - Chennai 28)
Bombay Jayshree (Unakkul - Pachaikili muthucharam)
Chinmayi (Sahana - Sivaji)
Madhusree (Vaaji - Sivaji, etc.)
Neha Basin (Pesugiren - Satham Podaathe)
Saindhavi (Kelaamal - ATM)
Sadhna Sargam (Akkam pakkam - Kreedom)
Shreya Ghosal (ayyayo - Paruthi Veeran, etc.)
Sujatha (Kaatrin Mozhi - Mozhi)
Swetha (On Nenje - Sivi)

interz
11th February 2008, 07:37 PM
The results are very dissapointing to read, no big surprises. I hope this year would turn out to be the less noticed MDs, singers, lyric writers' year.

Pras
11th February 2008, 07:39 PM
Swetha (On Nenje - Sivi)

:clap:

NOV
12th February 2008, 02:07 PM
[html:9ed747b443]
<div align="center">
<center>

<tr valign="top">
</tr>
<tr valign="top">
<td align="left">

</p>

</td>
<td align="center">

<font size=+3 color=green>Hub award for "Best Singer (Female) 2007"</font>

</td>
</tr>

<tr valign="top">

<td align="left">
</td>
<td align="center">
<p align="center">

http://www.musiconnet.com/images/shreya.jpg

Shreya Ghosal
</font>

</p>
</td>
<td align="right">
</td>
</tr>
<tr valign="top">

</tr>
</table>
</center>
</div>

[/html:9ed747b443]

ayayO, a word that prompted elders to reprimand us, however captivated our Hubbers as a song and the singer Shreya Ghosal naturally translated this to 41% of the votes!
Sujatha with her captivating kaatrin mozhi won a distant 2nd place with 16% of the votes. Both Chinmayi and Neha Basin shared the third place with 9% votes each.

Sanjeevi
12th February 2008, 02:36 PM
Thalaivi :thumbsup:

rajasaranam
12th February 2008, 02:39 PM
:bluejump: shreya :redjump: shreya :redjump: Shreya :bluejump: :thumbsup:
We Love you :mrgreen:

selvakumar
12th February 2008, 03:16 PM
Shreya Goshal.. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Cheeni kum hai cheeni kuma hai :D
Baathein havaa :D
Jaane Dhonaa :wink:

:bluejump:

aanaa
12th February 2008, 07:18 PM
:bluejump:

Mahen
12th February 2008, 07:32 PM
:bluejump: :clap: :clap: :clap: The UNDISPUTED winner!!Shes the best!!!..Being a bengali, her rendition of ayyayo put me in awe

Sherya Ghosal's interview on cnn-ibn..HEr voice is so damn sweet esp when she laughs...She really look up to illayaraja..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-vz3no796E&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVZ70ME0Wd4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NphObqLvPyk&feature=related

I wonder when will sun tv,kalaignar tv etc interview her bcos she's hottest singer right now in Kollywood..Instead of interviewing half baked singers/actors, they should try to get shreya ghosal.

selvakumar
12th February 2008, 07:35 PM
:rotfl:

Shakthiprabha.
12th February 2008, 07:42 PM
:rotfl:

:D

venky_vinod
13th February 2008, 01:10 AM
Congrats to director Shankar and art director Sabu Shril :)

Athu Thotta Dharani Sir !

venky_vinod
13th February 2008, 01:13 AM
This poll is rigged :P
Congrats to Na.Mu to have garnered 29 votes :D

Na.Muthukumar's "Sooriyano Chandirano" was definitely better than Vairamuthu's songs.

app_engine
14th February 2008, 12:43 AM
Best Singer (Male) 2007

This seems to be the most interesting competition this year!

Why do we say so? Look at the nominations:

AR Rahman (Athiradi - Sivaji)
The top ranked MD is a strong contender this year for the top singer award as well.

Balram (KAtRin Mozhi - Mozhi)
One of the most popular songs of the year, and this singer with a decent Thamizh pronunciation is in the fray

Hariharan (VAji - Sivaji)
Though HH is not doing as many TFM songs as he used to do in late 90's, he gets to sing some very popular numbers

Haricharan (Arabu nAdE - Thottaal Poo Malarum)
Going by the posts in various threads in the hub, he is the current sensation among youths

Ilaiyaraja (PaRavaiyE - Katradhu Thamizh)
Maestro needs no intro:-) However, this particular song is not MD'ed by him but by his son...so, interesting entry.

Naresh Iyer (Valayapatti - ATM)
Great find by ARR and making merry with some top songs by ARR

Rahul Nambiar (Vasantha mullai - Pokkiri)
Talented singer in a song from a popular movie

SPB (Yaaro - Chennai 28/BallElakkA - Sivaji)
The voice that has become inseparable part of the lives of Tamils for decades, ever youthful. Though Balu is taking things easy nowadays - after a hectic career, his songs still keep the charts on fire.

Vijay Yesudas (Kathal vaithu - Deepavali)
Fighting to live up to the phenomenal reputation of his dad, pulikkuppiRandha puli

Yuvan (Pogaathe - Deepavali)
Following the unwritten TFM rule that successful MD's should also sing chartbusters

What's the choice of the hubbers among such a great variety? (During pre-92 decades of TFM (means prior eras), the contest would have been just between two or three max. Now, see how many nominations! And interestingly, for some of them singing is not their #1 profession!)

Corleone
14th February 2008, 10:24 AM
During pre-92 decades of TFM (means prior eras), the contest would have been just between two or three max. Now, see how many nominations! And interestingly, for some of them singing is not their #1 profession!

Thanks to the mozart of Madras.

ThalaNass
14th February 2008, 02:54 PM
During pre-92 decades of TFM (means prior eras), the contest would have been just between two or three max. Now, see how many nominations! And interestingly, for some of them singing is not their #1 profession!

Thanks to the mozart of Madras.

8-) ARR for the best singer!! :D

Sanguine Sridhar
14th February 2008, 03:34 PM
[html:8e327d4449]
<div align="center">
<center>

<tr valign="top">
</tr>
<tr valign="top">
<td align="left">

</p>

</td>
<td align="center">

<font size=+3 color=green>Hub award for "Best Singer (Male) 2007"</font>

</td>
</tr>

<tr valign="top">

<td align="left">
</td>
<td align="center">
<p align="center">

http://www.reliantpark.com/attachments/wysiwyg/8/360v450Rahman.jpg

A.R.Rehman
</font>

</p>
</td>
<td align="right">
</td>
</tr>
<tr valign="top">

</tr>
</table>
</center>
</div>

[/html:8e327d4449]

"Adhiradikaran" ARR crowned the best singer award for this year with 34% vote. IR with 25% vote is in second place and with 10% vote S.P.B managed to reach the thrid place

Congrats ARR! :clap:

thumburu
14th February 2008, 05:51 PM
"Adhiradikaaran" may be an interesting song . But it has only digitally processed voice and it is not fair to have included this song under the vocal test category. One cannot fathom any singing prowess in such songs

Shakthiprabha.
14th February 2008, 06:00 PM
WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAA WAY TO GO MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ramakrishna
14th February 2008, 06:18 PM
Athu 8-)

Munsamy
14th February 2008, 06:20 PM
"Adhiradikaaran" may be an interesting song . But it has only digitally processed voice and it is not fair to have included this song under the vocal test category. One cannot fathom any singing prowess in such songs

Do u know for sure that it was digitally processed voice for this song ??
Do u know for sure that all other songs listed are not with digitally processed voice ???

Its quite funny how ppl raise such super-intellectual questions only when it comes to ARR.
Summa ethavaathu adichu vidurathuthaanla !!!
:lol: :lol:

sibicalls
14th February 2008, 08:56 PM

Do u know for sure that it was digitally processed voice for this song ??
Do u know for sure that all other songs listed are not with digitally processed voice ???

Its quite funny how ppl raise such super-intellectual questions only when it comes to ARR.
Summa ethavaathu adichu vidurathuthaanla !!!
:lol: :lol:

The king of music marches on!!!! If ARR does something its always done by digital processing..Ironically he is setting up the first music conservatory(Orchestra) in Chennai which so called pure musicians never thought of before.. Get a life

littlemaster1982
14th February 2008, 09:31 PM
:victory: :redjump: :2thumbsup: :bluejump: :victory:

MADDY
15th February 2008, 11:43 AM
ARR's voice has some spl. power......his voice is so different and touches the soul.........i think, i can now safely say, this year will be a clean sweep of awards for ARR & co. :D

NOV
15th February 2008, 02:24 PM
We have now reached the top three awards for this year. 2007 had many memorable hits, but there is one special song that will be considered as the best of the best.

Nominees for Song of the Year

Will it be Athiradikaaran (Sivaji) which got ARR his best singer award?

Or will it be his nephew's Akkam pakkam from Kreedom

Also in the running is Ayyayo (Paruthi Veeran) which won best singer award!

Not forgetting June ponaal (Unnale unnale) one of Haris' best ever melodies.

And then there is the king of melodies Kaatrin Mozhi (Mozhi) provided by Vidhyasagar.

Or will it be the YSR's youthful Yaaro Yaarukkul from Chennai 28?

And then there is the haunting Paravaiye (Katradhu Thamizh) sung by the maestro himself.

Who can forget the woeful plea of Pogaathe in Deepavali?

Last but not least there were two compositions in Sivaji that captured many a heart, ie Sahana saaral and the upbeat Vaaji vaaji.

The Song of the Year is.....

Arthi
15th February 2008, 02:45 PM
:victory: :redjump: :victory: :boo: :victory: :2thumbsup: :victory: :bluejump: :victory: :thumbsup: :victory:

A.ANAND
16th February 2008, 10:04 AM
THAlaiva... :swinghead: :2thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap:

ThalaNass
16th February 2008, 02:16 PM
Anbu thalaivaa, vetri namakkE :redjump: :bluejump:

Frankly, i dunt like Rahman's voice in Athiradee, but i love his voice in Ellapugazhum :D

MADDY
17th February 2008, 07:55 AM
Frankly, i dunt like Rahman's voice in Athiradee, but i love his voice in Ellapugazhum :D

true........ARR's voice in Athiradee was nuthing spl whereas Ellapugazhum was something spl. 8-)

Wibha
17th February 2008, 10:00 AM
cha naresh just miss-u :( :cry: its okay naresh :P

ARR :redjump: :bluejump:

yes nass i LOVEEEEEEE his ella pugazhum :notworthy:

RR
18th February 2008, 12:50 PM
In case you are still trying to guess the winner of Song of the year, I'll make it easy for you...

Three songs made it to the last lap, they are (in alphabetical order):

1. Athiradikaaran (Sivaji) - http://www.musicindiaonline.com/p/x/qBOgq91g6d.As1NMvHdW/
2. Kaatrin mozhi (Mozhi) - http://www.musicindiaonline.com/p/x/XsfgmdC4WS.As1NMvHdW/
3. Paravaye (Katradhu Thamizh) - http://www.musicindiaonline.com/p/x/H6OgSW1hBd.As1NMvHdW/

Who triumped finally - ARR fans, YSR fans or the third front? :) Results coming in next post..

Shakthiprabha.
18th February 2008, 01:02 PM
Athiradikaran :wink: :redjump:

RR
18th February 2008, 02:04 PM
[html:ad5d463c37]
<div align="center">
<center>

<tr valign="top">
</tr>
<tr valign="top">
<td align="left">

</p>

</td>
<td align="center">

<font size=+3 color=green>Hub award for "Song of the Year 2007"</font>

</td>
</tr>

<tr valign="top">

<td align="left">
</td>
<td align="center">
<p align="center">

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bvywot-AETs&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bvywot-AETs&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Athiradi (Sivaji)
</font>

</p>
</td>
<td align="right">
</td>
</tr>
<tr valign="top">

</tr>
</table>
</center>
</div>

[/html:ad5d463c37]
"Athiradikkaaran-ukku ellaam ucham ucham uchamdi". Yes, 'athiradikaaran' indeed makes it to the tops! The song received 32% votes and wins the Song of the year with an athiradi. Sober and soulful 'paravaye' gets the runner-up award with 24% votes. (I hope YSR fans won't sing "Athiradikkaaran-ukku ellaam macham macham machamdi".) The melodious 'kaatrin mozhi' settles for the third spot with 17% votes.

Shakthiprabha.
18th February 2008, 02:08 PM
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H

:redjump: :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump:

Sanjeevi
18th February 2008, 02:51 PM
hmmmmm

littlemaster1982
18th February 2008, 08:35 PM
:victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory:

Ramakrishna
18th February 2008, 08:46 PM
:D

aanaa
19th February 2008, 01:14 AM

A.ANAND
19th February 2008, 06:04 AM
:2thumbsup: :clap: :notworthy: :bluejump: :redjump:

Nerd
19th February 2008, 07:10 AM
Yayyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smokesmirk: :smokesmirk: :smokesmirk:

Thirumaran
19th February 2008, 10:14 AM
Best Album of the Year 2007

We are now into second most important award in TFM Section. :victory: Year 2007 has lot more popular and hit albums.
As usual only one is going to be chosen as Best Album of the year 2007. :lol2:

Nominees for Best Album of the Year

1. Azhagiya Tamizh Magan (AR Rahman) --- ARR Indeed is Azhagiya Tamil Magan of Tamil Film Music world. If this album wins then ARR would say "Ellaa Pughazum Oruvan Oruvanukkae". Maduraikku Poagathadi and Valayapatti Thavil too won the hearts of many.

2. Billa (Yuvan SR) --- One more musical hit from YSR in the year 2007. With Seval Kodi being at top with a great theme music and two remixes billa is there in the race. Billaa Award vellumaa :huh:

3. Deepavali (Yuvan SR) ---- Movie was not a hit but the music was. Lovely songs. Enjoyed by ARR fans too :wink: That says it all. Lot more months for Deepavali. If this album wins that could be the deepavali for YSR fans. Let us see what hubbers polled :roll:

4. Chennai 28 (Yuvan SR) ---- another YSR hit. Movie, Music and everything about the movie were great hits. Saroja Saamaan nikaaloo.. was the kalakkal anthem in a popular TV channel. Yaaro hubbers nejil ingu yaaro. :huh:

5. Mozhi (Vidyasagar) ---- Extra ordinary musical effort from Vidyasagar. Where does mozhi stand. Let us wait and see :)

6. Paruthi Veeran (Yuvan SR) --- Aiyaayoo, Ariyaatha vayasu, ooroaram puliyamaram. There goes YSR with a top village music. One more proof for YSR's ability.

7. Sivaji (AR Rahman) ----- Shi...vaa... Ji........... The name is more than enough. Do we need to say more about the album :huh:

8. Sivi (Dharan) -- Very few songs. But dharan could impress the music lovers.

9. Katradhu Thamizh (Yuvan SR) --- Top class. YSR once again !!!!

10. Unnaale Unnaale (Harris Jayaraj) --- with unnalae unnalae and June ponaal young hearts fallen in love with the album including N :lol2: Will it be

Heart beat goes up and here we go...

Wait wait.. dont go... The album of the year is.......

Poruthaar Boomi Aalvaar :yes: :twisted:

Nerd
19th February 2008, 10:25 AM
Si si va va si vi va va si vi va va va va ji :smokesmirk:

rajasaranam
21st February 2008, 10:19 AM
YSR with 5 albums in the list will loose as his votes are split :(

RR
21st February 2008, 12:20 PM
[html:db6a3c4a02]
<div align="center">
<center>

<tr valign="top">
</tr>
<tr valign="top">
<td align="left">

</p>

</td>
<td align="center">

<font size=+3 color=green>Hub award for "Album of the Year 2007"</font>

</td>
</tr>

<tr valign="top">

<td align="left">
</td>
<td align="center">
<p align="center">

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1314/578987496_3082370682.jpg

Sivaji (AR Rahman)
</font>

</p>
</td>
<td align="right">
</td>
</tr>
<tr valign="top">

</tr>
</table>
</center>
</div>

[/html:db6a3c4a02]

It's Sivaji all the way..! ARR's athiradi score with nice blend of sahana's and ballelakka's wins everyone's heart and the album emerges a clear winner with 43% votes. 'Paravaye' seems not enough to push YSR's Katradhu Thamizh to flying heights. It received only 22% votes for the second spot. Mozhi finished a distant third with 9% votes.

Congrats Sivaji for sweeping the TFM Hub awards 2008! :clap:

A.ANAND
21st February 2008, 12:27 PM
athu! :victory: :victory: :clap: :clap: :swinghead: :swinghead: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :notworthy: :notworthy: :clap: :D :D :cool2: :2thumbsup:

sarna_blr
21st February 2008, 12:30 PM
பராசக்தி ஹீரோடா,

பேர கேட்டாலே சும்மா அதிருதுல

Sanjeevi
21st February 2008, 12:32 PM
congrats :D

Seemed like Rajini fans & ARR fans have won in many awards. BTW Yuvan fans were the key for Neha Basin win.

littlemaster1982
21st February 2008, 03:38 PM
Wooooooohooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump:

app_engine
21st February 2008, 11:32 PM
Now, the grand finale!

Best Music Director 2007

AR Rahman (Sivaji,ATM)
There was a general feeling in the last few years that ARR is giving more attention to non-Thamizh ventures. He proved otherwise by being associated with the all-time magnus opus in TF, Sivaji. Going by the other results, one might wonder who's going to stop his juggernaut.

GV Prakash (Kreedom,etc)
Isaippuyalin uRavinaRana 'iLam puyal'. Will he win this time?

Harris Jayaraj (Unnale unnale)
His songs are always a craze among youth and city (read 'A' center) audience. And for a lot of Thamizh IT people, his songs provide the snob for their car audio. Is he gonna be the winner?

Mani Sharma (Malaikottai)
Even though he ventures once in a while in TF (as his main focus is probably TeF), he's mostly involved in successful / popular movies. Let's watch if he makes it this year.

Vidyasagar (Mozhi)
Darling of hubbers who loved music from pre-ARR era:-) as he recreates some of the melody magic from time to time. With mozhi score getting a lot of acclaim, is he the winner?

Yuvan Shankar Raja (Katradhu Thamizh,etc)
Probably had more commercial hit movies this year than his peers as also more number of albums that sold well. And successfully (hmm almost) grew out of the "son" tag to stand on his own leg:-) Will his many albums propel him to be the winner of 07?

Can't wait for the announcement...

thilak4life
21st February 2008, 11:40 PM
App_Engine,

Namba deal vechupom. ;) Let's make Mani sharma win :yes:

m_23_bayarea
22nd February 2008, 01:55 AM
Just went through this thread... It's SIVAJI and ARR all the way! Of course, the best MD should also go to ARR! 8-) 8-) 8-)

Wibha
22nd February 2008, 05:41 AM
i think vidyasagar should get it too :-|

A.ANAND
22nd February 2008, 07:07 AM
no doubt rahman'ya!sivaji+atm :2thumbsup:

Nerd
22nd February 2008, 07:38 AM
Si si va va si vi va va si vi va va va va ji :smokesmirk:
repppeaattu :smokesmirk:

Nerd
22nd February 2008, 07:40 AM
YSR with 5 albums in the list will loose as his votes are split :(
Re-evaluation form kuRukku santhula kudukkuRAngaLaam.. Vaangi pOdunga.. Actually I think (the BOSS + ATM ) > (movies of YSR) w.r.to. the no. of votes polled this year.

But I also think that YSR had a great year and I did nominate YSR ahead of rahman... 8-)

A.ANAND
22nd February 2008, 09:24 AM
MAKKAL THEERPE MAGESAN THEERPU!thirantha manathudan
ellaorum ottukunga.

MADDY
22nd February 2008, 10:24 AM

Seemed like Rajini fans & ARR fans have won in many awards. BTW Yuvan fans were the key for Neha Basin win.

Sanjeevi, this is wat Nerd wrote : " But I also think that YSR had a great year and I did nominate YSR ahead of rahman..." ......i dont think all rajini fans have voted/will vote for ARR.........i wud say victory is purely ARR fans'....

RS, if u feel, albums' votes were split for YSR, then best MD shuld answer that question....

rajasaranam
22nd February 2008, 02:57 PM

Sanjeevi, this is wat Nerd wrote : " But I also think that YSR had a great year and I did nominate YSR ahead of rahman..." ......i dont think all rajini fans have voted/will vote for ARR.........i wud say victory is purely ARR fans'....

RS, if u feel, albums' votes were split for YSR, then best MD shuld answer that question....

Hey ARR or YSR for this category either of them wins, Iam sure the margin will be minimal unlike the other categories where votes got split :)

RR
22nd February 2008, 03:48 PM
Grand Finale - Precursor

There were 6 contenders: ARR, GV Prakash, Harris Jeyaraj, Mani sharma, Vidyasagar & YSR.

The final turnout went like this.

* First to go was Mani sharma whose mala(na)kkottai got demolished left and right. He got 0 votes ! Obviously hubbers think that 1 movie is not enough to cast any votes.

* Next it was Harris Jeyaraj's turn. He was nominated for the big sellout album 'Unnale Unnaale', but sadly he made a duck too :shock: Yes, oru pottu votes-m illai. Where are you people who said "Unnale Unaale" is the best album of 2007.. Don't you guys think HJ had some role to play in it :D It's ok HJ fans, 2007 pOna... 2008 irukkave irukku .

* GV Prakash had some pretty good hits with Kireedom ("akkam pakkam") and Polladhavan ("minnalgal koothaadum"). He was expected to make some inroads into his uncle's votes. Did he meet the expectations and show himself up against the big names? Big no.. he got only 1% (1 vote to be precise).. :shock: :shock: Guess he still has a long way to go..

That left a large number of votes for the remaining three MD's: ARR, Vidyasagar & YSR. So who got the gold.. Will it be the "crowd favorite" ARR? Can YSR overthrow him now that no votes will be split? Or, will Vidyasagar spring an upset win?

Results coming in next post...

aanaa
22nd February 2008, 07:26 PM
still waiting ....

ThalaNass
22nd February 2008, 08:04 PM
who else if not the chennai mozart???

ThalaNass
22nd February 2008, 08:08 PM

true........ARR's voice in Athiradee was nuthing spl whereas Ellapugazhum was something spl. 8-)

but nothing can beat ARR's New York Nagaram!! 8-) 8-) song of the DECADE 8-)

RR
25th February 2008, 02:52 PM
A recap of the results so far:

1. Song of the year - Athiradi (Sivaji)
2. Album of the year (All good songs) - Sivaji (ARR)
3. Best Music Director - ???
4. Best Playback Singer - Male - AR Rahman
5. Best Playback Singer - Female - Shreya Goshal
6. Best Lyricist - Vairamuthu
7. Best Picturisation / Choreography - Vaaji vaaji (Sivaji)
8. Best Singer Debut (Male/Female) - Neha Basin
9. Best Background Score - Sivaji (ARR)

Best MD results are coming up shortly..

Arthi
25th February 2008, 02:54 PM
ARR :thumbsup:

RR
25th February 2008, 10:23 PM
[html:b3bc80cbed]
<div align="center">
<center>

<tr valign="top">
</tr>
<tr valign="top">
<td align="left">

</p>

</td>
<td align="center">

<font size=+3 color=green>Hub award for "Best Music Director 2007"</font>

</td>
</tr>

<tr valign="top">

<td align="left">
</td>
<td align="center">
<p align="center">

http://sp1.yt-thm-a01.yimg.com/image/25/m2/2448840790

AR Rahman
</font>

</p>
</td>
<td align="right">
</td>
</tr>
<tr valign="top">

</tr>
</table>
</center>
</div>

[/html:b3bc80cbed]

AR Rahman clinches the best MD award yet again with a decisive 52% votes. Despite many hit scores, Yuvan Shankar Raja fell short with only 36% votes. Vidyasagar's Mozhi didn't have many takers. He finished a distant third with 10% votes.

Looks like ARR & Sivaji didn't just sweep this year's awards, they made a killing...! Congrats, that was a terrific show! :clap:

Ramakrishna
25th February 2008, 10:25 PM
anbu thalaivaa...vetri unakke....Azhagiya Thamizh magan neethaaney :thumbsup: 8-)

littlemaster1982
25th February 2008, 10:34 PM
AR Rahman clinches the best MD award yet again with a decisive 52% votes. Despite many hit scores, Yuvan Shankar Raja fell short with only 36% votes. Vidyasagar's Mozhi didn't have many takers. He finished a distant third with 10% votes.

Looks like ARR & Sivaji didn't just sweep this year's awards, they made a killing...! Congrats, that was a terrific show! :clap:

:redjump: :bluejump: :2thumbsup: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :2thumbsup: :bluejump: :redjump:

Shakthiprabha.
25th February 2008, 10:36 PM
whoa arrr :redjump:

karthik_sa2
25th February 2008, 11:05 PM
threre was time when arr fans voted for ysr ....but now they r scared thatt ysr votes will outscore arr's..thats y they didn want to risk...clearly voted for arr...
ayyo naan escape :yessir:

thilak4life
25th February 2008, 11:35 PM
Congrats Rahman :thumbsup:

MADDY
26th February 2008, 06:23 AM
another year of comprehensive wins 8-) ........

A.ANAND
26th February 2008, 07:43 AM
singgamla... :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :clap: :clap: :clap: :cool2:

aanaa
26th February 2008, 07:17 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Roshan
26th February 2008, 08:57 PM
Congratulations ARR :thumbsup:

Yathu
27th February 2008, 03:16 AM
:yes:

Standing ovation for ARR:

-. :clap:
. _| |_

(this is meant to be a standing emoticon :D)

RR
12th March 2008, 10:06 AM
Hubber Award - TFM

Sorry for the delay, but it's time for hubber awards.. !

Here are the hubbers who made the most number of correct predictions (during nominations):

bobgalee, Vigneshram, littlemaster1982, Roshan - 5 correct
nerd, dinesh2002, thilak4life k_vanan - 6 correct

But there were three hubbers who predicted 7 awards correctly. Their names and who finally won the hubber award.. -- in next post. :)

Wibha
12th March 2008, 10:27 AM
1. MADDY :lol2:
2. Shakthiprabha :P
3. teriydhu :(
congrats to the rest :D :clap:

madhu
12th March 2008, 08:22 PM
1. MADDY :lol2:
2. Shakthiprabha :P
3. teriydhu :(
congrats to the rest :D :clap:

arshoo..

:notthatway:

RR
13th March 2008, 08:33 AM
Results

The toppers were: sat_srini,MADDY (Wibha, you are right :)), ThalaNass.

But deciding the winner turned out to be tricky... None of them had the 7 correct predictions as their first nomination. e.g. ThalaNass had only 1 first nomination right, all others were second nominations. So..How to pick the winner? We decided on a simple formula to score each entry as follows:

Score = 1*(No.of correct first nominations)+0.75*(No.of correct second nominations)+0.5*(No.of correct third nominations)

With that scoring function,

ThalaNass = 1*1+0.75*6 = 5.5
MADDY = 1*4+0.75*3 = 6.25
sat_srini = 1*5+0.75*2 = 6.5

Hard luck ThalaNass & MADDY. :( MADDY, here's why you lost the award :)

3. Best Music Director
Yuvan (Deepavali, Ch-28) , ARR(ATM, Sivaji), GVP (Kreedam)

4. Best Playback Singer - Male
IR (Paravaye, KT) & ARR (ella pugazhum)
Anyway, the winner is.. *drumroll*

sat_srini

Congrats, you win a dvd prize..! :clap: :clap:

aanaa
13th March 2008, 06:15 PM
Congrats!!!
:clap: :clap:

madhu
13th March 2008, 07:19 PM
congratulations :clap:

selvakumar
14th March 2008, 07:24 PM
Congrats to A R Rahman ! :D :thumbsup:

selvakumar
14th March 2008, 07:25 PM
Congrats to sat_srini. :)

littlemaster1982
14th March 2008, 08:01 PM
Congrats Sat_srini :clap:

dinesh2002
15th March 2008, 11:29 AM
congrats to all the winnners....

and Sat-Srini, congrats buddy.... Hubber of the Year 8-)

MADDY
16th March 2008, 06:33 AM
Results

The toppers were: sat_srini,MADDY (Wibha, you are right :)), ThalaNass.

But deciding the winner turned out to be tricky... None of them had the 7 correct predictions as their first nomination. e.g. ThalaNass had only 1 first nomination right, all others were second nominations. So..How to pick the winner? We decided on a simple formula to score each entry as follows:

Score = 1*(No.of correct first nominations)+0.75*(No.of correct second nominations)+0.5*(No.of correct third nominations)

With that scoring function,

ThalaNass = 1*1+0.75*6 = 5.5
MADDY = 1*4+0.75*3 = 6.25
sat_srini = 1*5+0.75*2 = 6.5

Hard luck ThalaNass & MADDY. :( MADDY, here's why you lost the award :)

3. Best Music Director
Yuvan (Deepavali, Ch-28) , ARR(ATM, Sivaji), GVP (Kreedam)

4. Best Playback Singer - Male
IR (Paravaye, KT) & ARR (ella pugazhum)
Anyway, the winner is.. *drumroll*

sat_srini

Congrats, you win a dvd prize..! :clap: :clap:

wow :shock: didnt know i will come this close :) ........congrats sat_srini - eppadi paarthaalum, namma pasanga dhaan jeichaanga 8-)