PDA

View Full Version : || ADA | Tanvir Ahmed | Rahul Roy ||

Pages : [1] 2

thineshan54321
3rd February 2008, 08:16 AM
http://entertainment.in.msn.com/Bollywood/article.aspx?cp-documentid=1221176 (yfg)

according to this artcle this will come out within 2 months along with aamir's

sat_srini
26th April 2008, 11:15 PM
Promo and track listing on thalaivar's offiicial website - http://www.arrahman.com/

According to ARR yahoo group, audio is expected very soon. We are in for a treat in the next couple of months with Ada, JTYJN and Sakkarakatti!!

thineshan54321
26th April 2008, 11:27 PM
Promo and track listing on thalaivar's offiicial website - http://www.arrahman.com/

According to ARR yahoo group, audio is expected very soon. We are in for a treat in the next couple of months with Ada, JTYJN and Sakkarakatti!!

not able to find it. help?

sat_srini
26th April 2008, 11:30 PM
In the main page, click on "what's new" which is below the "enter site" link. Let me know if you do not find it.

thineshan54321
26th April 2008, 11:35 PM
In the main page, click on "what's new" which is below the "enter site" link. Let me know if you do not find it.

ya just found it. thx

thineshan54321
26th April 2008, 11:39 PM
yahooo an instrumental. guys the following two months belongs to ARRs music! so happy. and god damn 10 TRACKS!!!!!! neone know the exact date for the three movies coming out? JTYJN, Sakarakatti, and Ada.

sat_srini
27th April 2008, 12:05 AM
Track listing

ADA - A Musical Journey By A. R. Rahman

1. Ishq Ada (Male Version)
Rashid Ali
Raquib Alam

2. Ishq Ada
Parul Mishra
Raquib Alam

3. Gumsum
Alka Yagnik, Sonu Nigam
Nusrat Badr

4. Hawa Sun Hawa
Alka Yagnik, Sonu Nigam
Nusrat Badr

5. Gulfisha
Sunidhi Chauhan, Sonu Nigam, Viviane Chaix
Nusrat Badr

6. Hai Dard
Udit Narayan
Nusrat Badr

7. Milo Wahan Wahan
Alka Yagnik, Jayachandran, Chorus
Nusrat Badr

8. Tu Mera Hain
Chithra, Sukhwinder Singh, Naresh Iyer,
Nusrat Badr

9. Maherbaan
A. R. Rahman
Raquib Alam

10. Maherbaan
(Instrumental Solo Guitar - Sanjeev Thomas)

Music Credit

Flute - Naveen

Bass Guitar - Keith peters

Acoustic Guitar - Steeve Vatz

Strings orchestrated by - J.Srinivasamoorthi

Male Voices:-

Benny Dayal

Dr.Narayanan

Senthil

Additional Programming:-

Krishna chetan

Henry Kuruvila

Recorded and Mixed at - Pachathan Record Inn

Mixing Engineer - H.Sridhar

Mastering:- Sivakumar, AM Studios, Chennai

Musician Fixer - R.Samidurai
www.arrahman.com

thineshan54321
27th April 2008, 12:10 AM
Track listing

ADA - A Musical Journey By A. R. Rahman

1. Ishq Ada (Male Version)
Rashid Ali
Raquib Alam

2. Ishq Ada
Parul Mishra
Raquib Alam

3. Gumsum
Alka Yagnik, Sonu Nigam
Nusrat Badr

4. Hawa Sun Hawa
Alka Yagnik, Sonu Nigam
Nusrat Badr

5. Gulfisha
Sunidhi Chauhan, Sonu Nigam, Viviane Chaix
Nusrat Badr

6. Hai Dard
Udit Narayan
Nusrat Badr

7. Milo Wahan Wahan
Alka Yagnik, Jayachandran, Chorus
Nusrat Badr

8. Tu Mera Hain
Chithra, Sukhwinder Singh, Naresh Iyer,
Nusrat Badr

9. Maherbaan
A. R. Rahman
Raquib Alam

10. Maherbaan
(Instrumental Solo Guitar - Sanjeev Thomas)
www.arrahman.com

aiyooo kadavule!!! magizchu thaanga mudiyala. sonu nigam in 3 songs (which means a HQ melody), udit narayan, naresh iyer and sukhwinder combo, and ofcourse ARR (and an instrumental where a guitar replaces the voice). this is wonderful. ne news about the release date? looks like an album with a strong islamic/sufi influence?

sat_srini
27th April 2008, 12:12 AM
It is supposed to release very soon. Do not know the release data but should be before JTYJN and Sakkarakatti

sat_srini
27th April 2008, 01:11 AM
http://www.rahmanism.com/2008/04/ada-exclusive-promo-download.html

Ada promo

Yathu
27th April 2008, 02:14 AM
OOOoooo "A Musical Journey By A R Rahman" :2thumbsup:

Can't wait to take this expedition with our main man! :D

dinesh2002
27th April 2008, 09:48 AM
no Madhushree..... :(

Well, since they say is a Musical Journey by A.R.Rahman, the songs should be super classy. Cant wait for this too......

thineshan54321
27th April 2008, 09:53 AM
i have left an enquiry to vijay iyer as to when its planned for release. he is the one who got the track list from ARR i think and posted on ARRs official website.

thineshan54321
27th April 2008, 09:55 AM
the only thing is, ppl have barely heard of this film till now or a bit earlier. is this low budget?

rayan36
27th April 2008, 10:40 AM
another contemporary love movie-music from our master, Jaane Tu...,Sakkarakadhi & now ADA, all songs will burst out at one time :bluejump: :boo: :redjump: :yes: :musicsmile: :musicsmile:

littlemaster1982
27th April 2008, 11:06 AM
the only thing is, ppl have barely heard of this film till now or a bit earlier. is this low budget?

This doesn't look like a film. Might be an album. Doesn't matter anyway. All we need is thalaivar's music :musicsmile:

sat_srini
27th April 2008, 11:11 AM
[tscii:d0e78290c8]It is a movie. Check out this news.

Rahul to re-invent himself
Tuesday, March 18, 2008 03:27 [IST]

He last surfaced for the small screen’s hit reality show Bigg Boss, won it and then disappeared again. Now Aashiqui boy Rahul Roy is ready for a comeback to the silver screen with Tanvir Ahmed’s Adaa.

The film has a pretty good USP as well — music by AR Rahman. While he’s hoping that the film re-establishes a place for him in the industry, he insists that it’s more about re-inventing himself than just getting work.

“I certainly don’t want to repeat the mistakes I’ve done in the past,” he said, adding, “After you’ve been bitten by the film bug, it becomes almost impossible to adjust yourself back into normal life. I can see that all around me — personal lives in shambles, landing in hospitals for all the wrong reasons. And even when you’re riding success, most people are unable to enjoy it. This film is a lesson in Sufi values for all such people.”

The film itself he sums up in a single line: “Spiritual father, religious mother, gangster son.” Rahul and Ayesha Jhulka play the parents who slowly try to bring around their rebel son.

Just like the character in his film, Rahul himself has strengthened the spiritual connect in his life - he’s a dedicated follower of Gajanan Maharaj’s ashram, which is now led by Rajabhau Maharaj.

“It has given me sanity. If I was able to survive those weeks on Bigg Boss without cracking up, it’s also because of what I’ve learnt at this ashram,” he revealed.

Given that he abandoned the rat race long ago, the former Mahesh Bhatt protege is candid when discussing his own place in the pecking order today.

“The fact is that nobody can have a career graph like Shah Rukh Khan and Akshay Kumar. I’m only saying this because we started out at the same time, but I know I’m nowhere near them,” he said.

On the personal front, he’s got a few good things going - his wife Rajlakshmi and he are on the verge of getting a dual citizenship of Australia. In fact he’s been shuttling between Sydney — where his wife is setting up a spa — and Mumbai for almost two years now.

“Hopefully, she’ll be opening one in Mumbai when the time is right,” he signed off with a smile, flicking back his trademark long hair. Well, good luck to that.

http://movies.indiainfo.com/2008/03/18/0803180339_rahul.html[/tscii:d0e78290c8]

Dragun
28th April 2008, 01:05 AM
Why is there not much news about this film if it is going to come out soon? It doesn't even have an IMDB page!

thineshan54321
28th April 2008, 06:18 AM
Why is there not much news about this film if it is going to come out soon? It doesn't even have an IMDB page!

wondering the same bro... i think the audio is like 2 weeks away tho. definitely before JTYJN according to yfg.

thineshan54321
28th April 2008, 06:32 AM
plz do let us know if ne info about this release. we just need a release date for now. so far there is absolutely no release date at all. i left an enquiry to vijay iyer, but no response.

A.ANAND
28th April 2008, 06:39 AM
ADA-MUSIC CREDIT
Music Credit

Flute - Naveen

Benny Dayal

Dr.Narayanan

Senthil

Additional Programming: -

Krishna chetan

Henry Kuruvila

Mastering:-

Sivakumar, AM Studios, Chennai

Courtesy:- www.arrahman. com

thineshan54321
28th April 2008, 06:54 AM
ADA-MUSIC CREDIT
Music Credit

Flute - Naveen

Benny Dayal

Dr.Narayanan

Senthil

Additional Programming: -

Krishna chetan

Henry Kuruvila

Mastering:-

Sivakumar, AM Studios, Chennai

Courtesy:- www.arrahman. com

looks very high profile! precussion missing (sivamani), maybe its gonna be like rang de basanti (it also didnt have sivamani). maybe guitar based rhythms or ofcourse rahman's top class computer arrangements. expecting taal of the next decade.

MADDY
28th April 2008, 09:45 AM
[quote=A.ANAND]ADA-MUSIC CREDIT
Music Credit

Flute - Naveen

idhu podhum :notworthy:

Guess_Me
29th April 2008, 08:50 AM
Ada Music Launch Video

The music of the movie "Ada... A way of life" was launched in a gala event held in Hotel Trident, Mumbai on 28th April 2008.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2UPRlo2j94

BTW, you can hear the opening lines of the song "Gulfisha Gulfisha" by Sonu Nigam & Co from 4:30 and boy it sounds lovely. A throw back to the classic 90s.

Guess_Me
29th April 2008, 09:14 AM
For those who have trouble getting youtube or don't have the patience to wait till it loads completely, I have cutout the song portion alone from the audio, converted it to MP3 and uploaded it here.

http://rapidshare.com/files/111182189/Ada_-_Gulfisha.mp3

And btw, the audio part isn't always clear throughout the video (fortunately it is better throughout the song). Based on what ARR said on stage before playing the song, I believe the first two bit we hear is from the original version and from 0:30 onwards it is an instant remix someone was doing on stage.

Anyway I love this track.

thineshan54321
29th April 2008, 09:25 AM
guess me when i saw ur name for last post, i knew there was something in store for us. because u always come with exciting posts. thx so much for this. and yes gulfisha sounds like a classical ARR track. very exciting. so the audio is released? when can we get it?

Guess_Me
29th April 2008, 09:33 AM
guess me when i saw ur name for last post, i knew there was something in store for us. because u always come with exciting posts. thx so much for this. and yes gulfisha sounds like a classical ARR track. very exciting. so the audio is released? when can we get it?
NP Thineshan.

Based on Amith's post, audio should be out by Friday or next week. Amith has also uploaded the pamphlet that was distributed to the press yesterday.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/arrahmanfans/sets/72157604784521514/

He also says the CD is merely a press release CD. Its not an audio CD. It contains an interview of AR which will be telecast on the TV channels soon.

littlemaster1982
29th April 2008, 04:00 PM
guess me when i saw ur name for last post, i knew there was something in store for us

:exactly: Thanks a lot Guess Me :ty:

thineshan54321
29th April 2008, 06:20 PM
NP Thineshan.

Based on Amith's post, audio should be out by Friday or next week. Amith has also uploaded the pamphlet that was distributed to the press yesterday.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/arrahmanfans/sets/72157604784521514/

He also says the CD is merely a press release CD. Its not an audio CD. It contains an interview of AR which will be telecast on the TV channels soon.

how did Amith (yfg member) find out about the release date?

sat_srini
29th April 2008, 07:39 PM
More video footage-

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/broadband/video/Parties-and-Events/KyIqbj89/3/Audio-Release-Of-Ada-A-Way-Of-Life.html

sat_srini
29th April 2008, 07:49 PM
http://www.ibnlive.com/videos/64192/rahmans-latest-soundtrack-in-making-for-6-years.html

More about the movie.

thineshan54321
30th April 2008, 12:21 AM
it says he started composing in 2001 and it completed two years. i am afraid the songs r gonna be outdated like rahman's godfather or udhaya. what do u guys think about this?

baba88
30th April 2008, 01:12 AM
I am really happy that we can here some music of ARR from this golden years. I hope it's gonna be simple but melodious like oldschool ARR

A.ANAND
30th April 2008, 01:49 PM
it says he started composing in 2001 and it completed two years. i am afraid the songs r gonna be outdated like rahman's godfather or udhaya. what do u guys think about this?naanum ithaithan nenekiren.melody songs irutha thappichum :)

Ramakrishna
30th April 2008, 08:38 PM
:omg: Audio released ?

baba88
30th April 2008, 10:56 PM
tomorrow

thineshan54321
1st May 2008, 02:41 AM
tomorrow

surea?

kb
1st May 2008, 03:14 AM
it says he started composing in 2001 and it completed two years. i am afraid the songs r gonna be outdated like rahman's godfather or udhaya. what do u guys think about this?

pazhaya ARR form.. pattaya kilapum :D :D

thineshan54321
1st May 2008, 03:42 AM
according to yfg, its releasing tomorrow as per a newspaper report.

thineshan54321
1st May 2008, 03:44 AM
if the album releases in the morning in india, we can get it late night (NA).

thineshan54321
1st May 2008, 04:31 AM
wow the two songs up for remix are amazing.
http://www.remixrahmansada.com/

thineshan54321
1st May 2008, 04:35 AM
here it is for download and listening (just tunes): http://www.remixrahmansada.com/member/secure/Upload.aspx

thineshan54321
1st May 2008, 05:48 AM
really brilliant tunes (very 90ish, peppy simple tunes).

thineshan54321
1st May 2008, 07:23 AM
this is jodha akbar (tamil) all over again.

thineshan54321
1st May 2008, 07:24 AM
i am talking to myself (even yathu is not here).

sat_srini
1st May 2008, 08:03 AM
Thanks!!! This should keep me going till a get the audio cd.

thineshan54321
1st May 2008, 09:29 AM
neone living in india got it yet?

Ramakrishna
1st May 2008, 04:17 PM
Gumshum gumshum :musicsmile:

thineshan54321
1st May 2008, 06:25 PM
i was so much expecting this to be released this morning. frustrating

Dragun
1st May 2008, 11:44 PM
i was so much expecting this to be released this morning. frustrating

Ada-daa :)

thineshan54321
2nd May 2008, 12:42 AM
ne from india? guess_me, ne luck?

Yathu
2nd May 2008, 01:25 AM

:lol: Thats thanks to my exams. NEVER LEAVE REVISION TILL THE LAST MOMENT....or you will suffer like me i.e. you can't even fully look forward to an ARR album. I havn't even listened to the tracks posted earlier yet. :cry: Work is taking up alllllll my time. :cry: :cry: :cry:

thineshan54321
2nd May 2008, 03:33 AM

:lol: Thats thanks to my exams. NEVER LEAVE REVISION TILL THE LAST MOMENT....or you will suffer like me i.e. you can't even fully look forward to an ARR album. I havn't even listened to the tracks posted earlier yet. :cry: Work is taking up alllllll my time. :cry: :cry: :cry:

is it done now? or still going?

thineshan54321
2nd May 2008, 05:23 AM
the remixes sound fantastic. now imagine how ARR would have orchestrated these tunes. someone in india plz plz help us. there is a remix submitted by ramakirshna (i hope thats from our hub). if so my hearty wishes to you.

thineshan54321
2nd May 2008, 05:59 AM
mudiyale, sathiyama mudiyala.. :cry: yenthaan indian music industry ipadiyo. y not release it on the set date, this never happens here. when they start working on an album or a movie, they give u the date of release and that date will be met!

thineshan54321
2nd May 2008, 06:08 AM
if anyone has an account at bwtorrents, plz request them to release ADA (i belive the quickest way we can get it is thru them as they have a LOT of members from all over india). so plz plz request there and ne other sites u know.

Guess_Me
2nd May 2008, 07:01 AM

The audio hasn't released yet. According to the director, it will release by 5th or 6th.

thineshan54321
2nd May 2008, 07:25 AM

The audio hasn't released yet. According to the director, it will release by 5th or 6th.

o wow!

Ramakrishna
2nd May 2008, 04:51 PM
the remixes sound fantastic. now imagine how ARR would have orchestrated these tunes. someone in india plz plz help us. there is a remix submitted by ramakirshna (i hope thats from our hub). if so my hearty wishes to you.

:lol: yaa it was me.

thineshan54321
2nd May 2008, 05:39 PM

:lol: yaa it was me.

i listened to it, it was not bad. :)

littlemaster1982
2nd May 2008, 05:45 PM
Thineshan,

Ram was lying, it was done by someone else ;)

thineshan54321
2nd May 2008, 05:49 PM
Thineshan,

ADA-paavi Ram! nalavanennu ninachan :lol:

Ramakrishna
2nd May 2008, 07:56 PM
Thineshan,

Master :evil: :hammer: unmaiya sonnaa nambanum :twisted:

dinesh2002
2nd May 2008, 08:05 PM
cant wait for the audio release.... im soooo bored with the current releases..... i need ARR's songs..... Any idea when its releasing???

thineshan54321
Thineshan,

Master :evil: :hammer: unmaiya sonnaa nambanum :twisted:

i think he was joking. neways i believe u! :)

thineshan54321
on my 1000th post, expect a surprise from me. i am sure all of you will enjoy this one.

Ramakrishna
2nd May 2008, 08:09 PM
on my 1000th post, expect a surprise from me. i am sure all of you will enjoy this one.

got to a chat thread and make 18 quick posts and come back here for the 1000th post. Quick :evil:

thineshan54321
2nd May 2008, 08:12 PM
that will be cheating. i am gonna take my time :lol:

littlemaster1982
2nd May 2008, 11:43 PM
Sorry Thineshan. It was done by Ram only. I heard the remixes done by him. This (http://www.divshare.com/download/4400988-d77) stood out.

Good one Ram :thumbsup:

thineshan54321
3rd May 2008, 02:41 AM
Sorry Thineshan. It was done by Ram only. I heard the remixes done by him. This (http://www.divshare.com/download/4400988-d77) stood out.

Good one Ram :thumbsup:

nice one. i love the chord progression and the bassline.

Yathu
3rd May 2008, 04:01 AM

is it done now? or still going?

STILL another month of it left....and then I might have to resit some exams tooo! :cry:

Well atleast I'll have some ARR albums as a ray of hope during this time of sadness. :lol: :D

Yathu
3rd May 2008, 04:07 AM

OOOoooo what is it? Can't wait! :D

thineshan54321
3rd May 2008, 04:20 AM
just wait 12 more posts :)

thineshan54321
3rd May 2008, 04:26 AM
do you guys have any favourite upload sites?

thineshan54321
3rd May 2008, 04:51 AM
currently uploading to divshare. is that ok?

thineshan54321
3rd May 2008, 05:32 AM
anyone wanna guess?

littlemaster1982
3rd May 2008, 08:24 AM
anyone wanna guess?

A rare piece of Thalaivar????

P.S: Thanks for uploading to Divshare :D

thineshan54321
3rd May 2008, 07:11 PM
ADA releasing only on may 13th. here we go again. http://rahmaniac.wordpress.com/2008/05/02/ada-music-release-on-may-13th/ :evil:

ajaybaskar
5th May 2008, 03:19 PM
Lot of thalaivar releases this month. this summer is going to be special.

MADDY
5th May 2008, 04:59 PM
Lot of thalaivar releases this month. this summer is going to be special.

hey, welcome back..... :D

yup, Ada, JTYJN, Sakkarakatti seem very close :D

Music4Ever
5th May 2008, 08:20 PM
This year has great potential to be like 1999 for ARR. It is as it should be since it is his birth number year (4+2=6, his birth number). The last time he had a great year was 1999 when he was 33 (3+3=6). That year we had a number of releases including Taal, that fabulous album. Hoping that Ada, JTYJN, and Sakkarakatti will be chartbusters. Hopefully, they will not include painstaking numbers composed with lot of effort. Although many will disagree, this was the case with many of his albums post 2000 (eg. Kaadhal Virus, Swades). It would be nice to have, for a change, that raw ARR of the nineties, when the numbers were full of energy. Mustafa type of stuff.

baba88
5th May 2008, 09:55 PM
What will be the next Tamil release after Sakkarakatti and Sultan ? Will we have no release in Tamil in 2009 ?

Vaz
5th May 2008, 10:49 PM
For 2009... Marmayogi... Robot...

thineshan54321
6th May 2008, 01:41 AM
For 2009... Marmayogi... Robot...

marmayogi prolly but robot noway (with shankar, Post Production will take the sameamount of time as shooting). also gauthams new movie with ARR might happen.

baba88
6th May 2008, 02:27 AM
But I heard that Marmayogi will even be bigger than Dasavatharam and Dasavatharam took nearly 3 years to finish. Robot definetly will not be released in the following two years. And Gautham's movie has even not started. So 2009 no tamil release ?? That's bad !

thineshan54321
6th May 2008, 03:43 AM
But I heard that Marmayogi will even be bigger than Dasavatharam and Dasavatharam took nearly 3 years to finish. Robot definetly will not be released in the following two years. And Gautham's movie has even not started. So 2009 no tamil release ?? That's bad !

we might get sj suryahs dubbed puli. but that doesnt do much good... who cares, forget the future, lets enjoy this month with 3 releases!

vibinrajmani
6th May 2008, 04:22 AM

we might get sj suryahs dubbed puli. but that doesnt do much good... who cares, forget the future, lets enjoy this month with 3 releases!

Are you sure Sakkarakatti will release this month? I'm having doubts now :roll: :?

thineshan54321
6th May 2008, 04:27 AM

Are you sure Sakkarakatti will release this month? I'm having doubts now :roll: :?

ya from recent reports in yfg, it seems like its due for this month.

Scale
6th May 2008, 03:24 PM
When is Ghajini - Hindi (audio) slated to release? Though I am not impressed with the way Memento's script handled by ARM in tamil, with Aamir on the lead ARR has got ample scope to come up with the an alluring soundtrack. I still cant get my ears out of NYN & MVaa :musicsmile: and that padupaavi :evil: wish ARM picturises the songs better.

thineshan54321
6th May 2008, 06:53 PM
guess its confirmed:http://www.musicyogi.com/asp/musicDetails.asp?albID=ALB7513
u can pre order, its releasing on may 13th. check it out.

Guess_Me
6th May 2008, 09:07 PM
guess its confirmed:http://www.musicyogi.com/asp/musicDetails.asp?albID=ALB7513
u can pre order, its releasing on may 13th. check it out.

Thats great. I am going to pre-order it. I hope the date wont change.

sureshmehcnit
7th May 2008, 11:33 AM
If we upload our own remix (without using XpressMusic available in
the site), it is not showing in 'My remixes' list or in the Remix
gallery but I get a message saying it has been submitted. Anyway
tried uploading their own remix is the site remixrahmansada.com?

A.ANAND
11th May 2008, 11:18 AM
Jayachandran sings in Hindi
IndiaGlitz [Friday, May 09, 2008]

Veteran Malayalee Playback singer P Jayachandran is singing for a Hindi film.

Jayachandran has sung the song ''Milo Waham Waham'' with Alka Yagnik for the film 'Ada- A way for life'.

The song is a melodious number set to music by none other than A R Rahman. The movie directed by Thanveer Ahamed features ten songs by the ace music director.

The film which was in the making from 2001 was much delayed due to some technical reasons.

The movie which also features Rahul Roy and Ayesha Jhulka will grace the theatres next month.

thineshan54321
11th May 2008, 11:21 AM
TWO DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Guess_Me
11th May 2008, 11:32 AM
Jayachandran sings in Hindi
Since Ada's composition started in 2002, I think Jayachandran's song must have been recorded around that time which was when he sang in Kannathil Muthamittaal and Baba too.

thineshan54321
11th May 2008, 08:17 PM
arr mentioned in his interview that ADA released yesterday. whats going on?

Guess_Me
12th May 2008, 08:24 PM
Looks like Ada got pushed by another week (source: MusicYogi)

Guess_Me
12th May 2008, 10:24 PM
New (I believe) 10 secs teaser of Ada up at arrahman.com. Features a nice humming by ARR himself.

thineshan54321
12th May 2008, 10:30 PM
New (I believe) 10 secs teaser of Ada up at arrahman.com. Features a nice humming by ARR himself.

i hvnt seen that, so i guess its new? i think that is the humming from meharbaan. so now both ADA and JTYJN are due on 20th? it will be a smart idea for the music company to release both on the same day as each will help each other out. and we will get a double treat as well as we will rip our heads apart choosing which one to listen to. :)

Vaz
15th May 2008, 07:12 PM
In ARRYFG links to teasers have been posted.... unfortunatly my firewall prevents me from listening to them! Arghhhh

sat_srini
15th May 2008, 07:48 PM
Meherbaan - A.R. Rahman Teaser -

http://www.4shared.com/file/47666611/6f48605/Meherbaan_-_wwwRahmanZonecom.html

Meherbaan (Instrumental) Teaser -

http://www.4shared.com/file/47666669/476e98f0/Meherbaan__Instrumental__-_wwwRahmanZonecom.html

Ada Teaser -

http://www.4shared.com/file/45496824/f2a2bb0/Ada_Teaser_-_wwwRahmanZonecom.html

Ada Teaser 2-

http://www.4shared.com/file/45496824/f2a2bb0/Ada_Teaser_-_wwwRahmanZonecom.html

Gulfisha Teaser -

http://www.4shared.com/file/46013461/bfe10027/Gulfisha_-_wwwRahmanZonecom.html

GumSumTeaser -

http://www.4shared.com/file/46013635/c67fe415/GumSum_-_wwwRahmanZonecom.html

Ada Promo -

http://www.4shared.com/file/46013635/c67fe415/GumSum_-_wwwRahmanZonecom.html

Ada Promo 2 -

http://www.4shared.com/file/47365348/46ec3652/Ada_Prmo_2_-_wwwRahmanZonecom.html

Remix Rahman's Ada -

http://www.4shared.com/file/47365024/1b4663a6/Remix_Rahmans_Ada_-_wwwRahmanZonecom.html

Gulfisha with Orignal Beats Teaser -

http://www.4shared.com/file/47667907/456c3229/Gulfisha__With_Beats__-_wwwRahmanZonecom.html

Hai Dard Teaser -

http://www.4shared.com/file/47667933/692ca5f3/Hai_Dard_-_wwwRahmanZonecom.html

Ishq Ada (Male) Teaser -

http://www.4shared.com/file/47667981/64d61d14/Ishq_Ada__Male__-_wwwRahmanZonecom.html

Ishq Ada (Female) -

http://www.4shared.com/file/47667960/8d52000c/Ishq_Ada__Female__-_wwwRahmanZonecom.html

Tu Mera Hai -

http://www.4shared.com/file/47668005/fcd078dc/Tu_Mera_Hai-_wwwRahmanZonecom.html

Exclusive Ada Teasers
GumSum With Orignal Beats -

http://www.4shared.com/file/47668982/a5bc5cf8/GumSum__With_Beats__-_wwwRahmanZonecom.html

Hawa Sun Hawa Teaser -

http://www.4shared.com/file/47669016/c47e7f42/Hawa_Sun_Hawa_-_wwwRahmanZonecom.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/47683558/91ec0baf/Milo_Wahan_Wahan_-_wwwRahmanZonecom.html

Courtesy: Nishant of orkut

littlemaster1982
15th May 2008, 07:53 PM
I was about to post this. :ty: Srini :)

Guess_Me
15th May 2008, 10:08 PM
Ada all teasers combined

http://rapidshare.com/files/115117871/ada_teasers.rar

Vaz
15th May 2008, 11:46 PM
thanks Guess_me.... can at last listen to them! Our firewall blocked the other website...

Dragun
16th May 2008, 02:01 AM
Milo Wahan Wahan reminds me vaguely of a bgm bit from Alai Payuthey.

thineshan54321
16th May 2008, 04:28 AM
hey guys i ripped a BGM from kannathil muthamitaal in lossless quality: http://www.sendspace.com/file/jetucs

please tell me how the BGM is. BTW I am not posting here so randomly. You will find a striking similarity between the BGM posted and milo wahan wahan. When i first heard the BGM in KM, i wish it was made into a whole song. I think Rahman heard me back in 2002 when I watched the movie and so I think he made it a song for Ada. :lol: lets wait for the full version. but its a BGM that deserves to be made into a song and so ARR did. Dunno how Mani Ratnam hunts these treasures in arrs collection of tunes.

BTW THE SONGS R TOP CLASS!!! sounds so 90ish!

thineshan54321
16th May 2008, 04:52 AM
the songs r so different!! dunno if good or bad. cant wrap my ears around it.

vibinrajmani
16th May 2008, 07:44 AM
anyone getting the Tehzeeb vibe while listening to the samples??

littlemaster1982
16th May 2008, 08:24 AM
hey guys i ripped a BGM from kannathil muthamitaal in lossless quality: http://www.sendspace.com/file/jetucs

please tell me how the BGM is. BTW I am not posting here so randomly. You will find a striking similarity between the BGM posted and milo wahan wahan.

I felt it during the first listen itself. Let's wait for the album to release :)

thineshan54321
16th May 2008, 08:55 AM

please tell me how the BGM is. BTW I am not posting here so randomly. You will find a striking similarity between the BGM posted and milo wahan wahan.

I felt it during the first listen itself. Let's wait for the album to release :)

ya we shall. but i am very glad that ARR used the tune. for a long time (atleast everytime i see the movie) I kept wishing that ARR make this a song. andhe did. this song is enough for me in this album. everything else isbonus! :lol:

dinesh2002
16th May 2008, 11:06 AM

yea.... i was :shock: when i listened to Milo Wahaan, not only the tune was similar, even the beats... i think ARR didint wanna waste this tune. Besides, ADA was composed during Kannathil Muttamittal's era isnt it? ... :)

All the songs were diff... as thineshan said, i dunno whether r they good or bad... but then again, its not fair to judge ARR's song by blur-short-promo bits... im waiting for the album...im sure there is definetly some surprise for us in the songs....

dinesh2002
16th May 2008, 11:08 AM

i do hope u mean by the quality and not the 'appreciation' that Tehzeeb got..... :)

rayan36
16th May 2008, 11:20 AM
I'm not listening to the sample, i'll wait for the actual thing

lancelot
16th May 2008, 01:38 PM
I'm not listening to the sample, i'll wait for the actual thing

me 2... gives me more satisfaction :D

hehe
:D

vibinrajmani
16th May 2008, 02:14 PM

i do hope u mean by the quality and not the 'appreciation' that Tehzeeb got..... :)

Yes of course! :thumbsup: I personally think that Tehzeeb is one of ARR's most mature composition and I loved it for that very reason, similar to Rhythm in tamil.

Vaz
16th May 2008, 02:23 PM
The guitar instrumental somehow sounds Ilayarajaishhh.... Just wonderful! That is why I love his music! He keeps on reinventing himself! Everything is so fresh.......

The only negative point for me is Rashid Ali's singing... I'm not at all a fan of the way he sings.... he is singing it the way he sung the song from Parthale Paravasam (Nadhirdhina)... Someone else would have been better.... at least for me!

lancelot
17th May 2008, 03:35 PM
wonder why ADA is not listed in IMDb.. or i cant find it...

hehe

Guess_Me
18th May 2008, 06:53 PM
Ada audio might be out in the US

http://store.nehaflix.com/ada-a-way-of-life-cd.html

They specifically mention "In Stock". Wish MusicYogi got it too.

SoftSword
19th May 2008, 12:55 PM
Thanks for all the samples....
I am impressed with both the versions of Ishq Ada...
the song which has that trap in it... which will hook the listeners in the very first time...

eppo full songs release....

SoftSword
19th May 2008, 12:58 PM
oh man....
doesn Ishq Ada has similarities with Neeyum Bommai Naanum Bommai song??? :shock:

ArulprakasH
19th May 2008, 06:16 PM
Is the Audio released??

Ramakrishna
19th May 2008, 10:48 PM
Audio has been released. many fans have got the cds.

Guess_Me
19th May 2008, 10:51 PM
Ada CD scans posted by Sirish

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50395391@N00/

thineshan54321
19th May 2008, 11:29 PM
yaarachi provide links plz

lancelot
20th May 2008, 12:23 AM
damn! ill have to wait a week till its out in Sri Lanka... grrrrrrr... curse!

hehe

thineshan54321
20th May 2008, 12:41 AM
BEAUTIFUL!!! MEHARBAAN is MINDBLOWINGLY SOOTHING!!!

here is the link, but this is thanks to sirish (yfg) (i am just giving link because i know you will all buy CDs so plz dont dissapoint the trust). http://www.sendspace.com/file/f3k5ou

thank you sirish even tho u might not read this msg.

lancelot
20th May 2008, 12:53 AM

here is the link, but this is thanks to sirish (yfg) (i am just giving link because i know you will all buy CDs so plz dont dissapoint the trust). http://www.sendspace.com/file/f3k5ou

MINDBLOWING!! thineshan... can u please give us links for the rest of the songs... pleaseeeeeeeee

hehe

Guess_Me
20th May 2008, 01:37 AM
Thanks Thineshan. This is a classic. Absolutely mindblowing stuff from ARR.

thineshan54321
20th May 2008, 01:38 AM

MINDBLOWING!! thineshan... can u please give us links for the rest of the songs... pleaseeeeeeeee

hehe

hey he only gave me one. sorry

Ramakrishna
20th May 2008, 09:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mCKyAYEM1M

vibinrajmani
20th May 2008, 10:06 AM

:omg: simply astounding!!! song of the century for me!! :D

sha
20th May 2008, 10:56 AM
thanks for the link...

lancelot
20th May 2008, 11:01 AM
iv been playing that song non stop ever since.
man! i wish i had all the songs :(

hehe

lancelot
20th May 2008, 11:35 AM
any one uploaded it? or a link to download? or a torrent?
please let me know

hehe

Madevan94
20th May 2008, 12:39 PM
http://www.raaga.com/channels/hindi/moviedetail.asp?mid=H001266

online listenning..

SoftSword
20th May 2008, 12:48 PM
Thanks everyone...
for making my day... :)

arsaregama
20th May 2008, 01:14 PM
milo wahan reminds me of the kannathil muthamittal bgm when the girl finally meets her mom...

SoftSword
20th May 2008, 01:54 PM
milo wahan reminds me of the kannathil muthamittal bgm when the girl finally meets her mom...

Yes that IS the same tune...
no wonder..

lancelot
20th May 2008, 02:02 PM
Hawa Sun Hawa... WOW!!!!! i cant go pass this song... ARR... u r a pain!... hehe
wonderful!

hehe

Guess_Me
20th May 2008, 02:06 PM
Got Ada in 256 kbps VBR. Uploading now. Should finish in about 35 minutes.

ganeshts
20th May 2008, 02:14 PM
http://<DESITORRENTS>/forums/showthread.php?t=176914

Download only if you are purchasing the original CD, please!

Guess_Me
20th May 2008, 02:47 PM
For true Rahmaniacs who would buy the CDs after downloading

Ada 320 Kbps VBR MP3
http://rapidshare.com/files/116227874/ada320kbps.zip

SoftSword
20th May 2008, 02:53 PM
guys....
all the songs are awesome in the first hearing....

i am just wondering...
if rahman intentionally wanted to make a song like "neeyum bommai naanum bommai"...

listen to the ishq ada song...

dinesh2002
20th May 2008, 03:38 PM

Ada 320 Kbps VBR MP3

thanks machi!!!!!! :D

billrafeek
20th May 2008, 03:43 PM
Thank u very much.. :cool2:

MADDY
20th May 2008, 03:43 PM

Ada 320 Kbps VBR MP3

thanks guess me......as usual, pls pls delete it by tonight :D

littlemaster1982
20th May 2008, 04:41 PM
Guess Me :notworthy:

MADDY
20th May 2008, 05:18 PM
my gut feeling says ADA will be the ARR album of the year 8-) :bluejump:

wat rythms in gulfisha :shock: .....very catchy pallavi.....

ishq ada hain :shock: ..........who says ARR is weak in guitar 8-)

MADDY
20th May 2008, 05:23 PM
ayyo office-la velaye odalaa :lol:

Vaz
20th May 2008, 05:27 PM
ayyo office-la velaye odalaa :lol:

same thing here man! Have to listen to them before being able to do anything else....

littlemaster1982
20th May 2008, 05:56 PM

:exactly: This album is a bucket of icecream :redjump:

MADDY
20th May 2008, 06:16 PM

:exactly: This album is a bucket of icecream :redjump:

:bluejump: yes..............IPL watching canceled until further notice :evil: :lol:

MADDY
20th May 2008, 06:20 PM
tu mera hai :bluejump: :shock: .....too good 8-)

MADDY
20th May 2008, 06:22 PM
gum sum - enna bass guitar in prelude :shock: :shock: ........wow, ADA is ARR's answer to ppl. who doubted his guitar abilities :D

SoftSword
20th May 2008, 06:23 PM
two albums at once... too much of tension to the nerves...
oru manushan'ala evlodhaan thaanga mudiyum...

diff to make love with two albums at once :( :) :P

MADDY
20th May 2008, 06:29 PM

i'm good at threesomes :lol2: adhavaadhu - naan, ennoda 2 ARR albums :lol2:

lancelot
20th May 2008, 06:31 PM

thanx for clarifying maddy, naan ennamo nu nanachen! :)

me also enjoying the threesome... would it be foursome with Sakkarakatti?? hmmm

hehe

rayan36
20th May 2008, 06:31 PM
Aiyayo!!! Ennala mudiyalae :yessir: :noteeth:

SoftSword
20th May 2008, 06:32 PM

i am practicing for the first time... :P
let me give my best f@#$

the last time i remember two ARR albums together was tajmahal and mudhalvan... but there was a gap of two weeks...

and this one... is too much...

MADDY
20th May 2008, 06:32 PM
Aiyayo!!! Ennala mudiyalae

practise panna panna vandhurum :poke:

MADDY
20th May 2008, 06:33 PM

i am practicing for the first time... :P
let me give my best f@#$

the last time i remember two ARR albums together was tajmahal and mudhalvan... but there was a gap of two weeks...

and this one... is too much...

yup , first time in ARR's career, 2 albums so close 8-)

SoftSword
20th May 2008, 06:34 PM

thanx for clarifying maddy, naan ennamo nu nanachen! :)

me also enjoying the threesome... would it be foursome with Sakkarakatti?? hmmm

hehe

mm... chance irukku.... :)
lets see...
foursome... me... two NI's having Chennai origin... and one Chennai...
mm... but international pieces...
national integrity... :P

rayan36
20th May 2008, 06:35 PM

Ada 320 Kbps VBR MP3

This is toooo much, two albums at one time :frightened:

lancelot
20th May 2008, 06:36 PM
Aiyayo!!! Ennala mudiyalae

practise panna panna vandhurum :poke:

you gotta keep doing it, its not easy.. takes alot out of you, but its worth it, to be satisfied by two beautiful angels...

keep doing it :lol:

hehe

SoftSword
20th May 2008, 06:39 PM
guys as there are 18 tracks on hand... we should not take them so easy...
lets discuss on each and every track in detail.... its worth... and i could see lots of uniqueness and hard work put in each and every track....

lets discuss one track per day starting tomorrow...

MADDY
20th May 2008, 06:42 PM
lets discuss on each and every track in detail.... its worth... and i could see lots of uniqueness and hard work put in each and every track....

great idea 8-) .........lets do it

btw, ADA is killing JTYJN :cry: :oops: :( ......

SoftSword
20th May 2008, 06:46 PM

great idea 8-) .........lets do it

btw, ADA is killing JTYJN :cry: :oops: :( ......

nope, i am done with JTYJN almost 4 times...
and ADA only twice...
so i like JTYJN :)

SoftSword
20th May 2008, 06:49 PM
Milon Wahan really kills...
what an orchestration....

Guess_Me
20th May 2008, 07:10 PM
Ada is the album of the year!!!

3 weeks back when I first listened to Gulfisha's promo track, I knew Ada would be special. Boy, what an album!!

10 songs - the real Dasavatharam.

And Musicyogi mailed me saying they have shipped my CD. Can't wait to get my hands all over it.

dinesh2002
20th May 2008, 07:12 PM
im very confused here... dunno which sounds nice and which doesnt. Listenin to all of them [Ada and JTYJN] only makes them sound messy...

so far the only songs caught my mind was Jaane Tu Mera Kya Hai (Aditi) and Hawa Sun Hawa.... and i feel the song by ARR in Ada was abit very rough [his voice]...probably a Sonu Nigam could have pulled the song right.... well...IMO though.... never was a fan of his voice anyways....

Hawa Sun Hawa is simply mind blowing.... typical ARR.....

rayan36
20th May 2008, 07:14 PM
gosh, rapidshare is really slow, i have to wait 20 minutes, listening to JTYJN for the 3rd time

directhit
20th May 2008, 07:21 PM
18 songs to listen to :musicsmile: :musicsmile: :musicsmile:

dinesh2002
20th May 2008, 07:28 PM
18 songs to listen to :musicsmile: :musicsmile: :musicsmile:

yes....thats a big problem..... :lol:

dinesh2002
20th May 2008, 07:28 PM
Hawa Sun Hawa is amazing.... this song is enough to keep me going for few months.... :)

united07
20th May 2008, 09:10 PM
i think milo wahan wahan reminds me of yevano oruvan from alaipayuthe

sha
20th May 2008, 09:25 PM
this one scores more than JTYJN (IMHO).... a perfect ARR album,,,

lancelot
20th May 2008, 09:45 PM

we should open a thread for both JTYJN and ADA to discuss all the songs. am considering them as one album, easy for me to handle.. hehe

hehe

baba88
20th May 2008, 11:51 PM
Milo Wahan Wahan sounds for me a bit like the BGM of the Climax scene in Kannathil Mutham Ithal

dinesh2002
21st May 2008, 07:06 AM
Milo Wahan Wahan sounds for me a bit like the BGM of the Climax scene in Kannathil Mutham Ithal

BINGO.... the same tune.... we all noticed this during the promo of the song we heard few days back, and Thineshan even provided that Kannathil muttam ittal BGM in Flac. ripped from DVD. u missed it all i guess... :)

http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=11109&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=105

dinesh2002
21st May 2008, 07:08 AM
Hawa Sun Hawa is a song to die for..... A M A Z I N G !!!!!!!! no words to praise it....excellent choice of singer..... Alka and Sonu..... amazing!!!!! the tune..... BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! :D

rayan36
21st May 2008, 08:04 AM
Gulfisha is sooo soothing, my choice so far

lancelot
21st May 2008, 09:34 AM
i hate my job now, it requires me to stay in office al day an not listen to ADA and JTYJN... this it torture!!

hehe

littlemaster1982
21st May 2008, 10:14 AM
The female version of Ishq Ada :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ARR unearths another talent, superb voice :thumbsup:

SoftSword
21st May 2008, 11:06 AM
Hey guys... I cannot avoid myself from this similarity...

Ishq is the same tune as Neeyum bommai naanum bommai song....
even the rhythm pattern.... pallavi... charanam... everything...
looks like ARR intentionally did this, and thats very much evident in the rhythm pattern and the singing style adopted....

:cry2:

united07
21st May 2008, 11:06 AM
The chant 'yaarab, yaarab' in Tu Mera Hai is really addictive....

anyone having the same feeling?

united07
21st May 2008, 11:12 AM
Also...Hawa sun hawa has similarities of 'sonnalum ketpathillai' from kaadhal virus...

vibinrajmani
21st May 2008, 11:25 AM
The chant 'yaarab, yaarab' in Tu Mera Hai is really addictive....

anyone having the same feeling?

yes, really haunting!!

MADDY
21st May 2008, 11:30 AM
top5 so far

gum sum (just for bass guitars)
gulfisha
ishq ada
tu mera hai
meherbaan

:)

lancelot
21st May 2008, 12:00 PM
top5 so far

gum sum (just for bass guitars)
gulfisha
ishq ada
tu mera hai
meherbaan
:)

Hawa Sun Hawa?? :roll:
hehe

SoftSword
21st May 2008, 12:21 PM

looks like ARR intentionally did this, and thats very much evident in the rhythm pattern and the singing style adopted....

guys... maddy... lm... lancelot.... dinesh.... others...
anyone hearing me... :twisted:

littlemaster1982
21st May 2008, 12:23 PM
Enakku andha alavukku similiarity theriyala (that too in the pallavi part). Infact this my fav song (female version) now :thumbsup:

MADDY
21st May 2008, 12:27 PM

we were waiting for u to comeback urself saying there is not much similarity :lol: .....jokes apart, where are the charanams same??? :roll: ........i feel even the rythm scales were different......music pundit yaaravadhu theerpu sollungappa - dragun :roll:

SoftSword
21st May 2008, 12:31 PM

we were waiting for u to comeback urself saying there is not much similarity :lol: .....jokes apart, where are the charanams same??? :roll: ........i feel even the rythm scales were different......music pundit yaaravadhu theerpu sollungappa - dragun :roll:

adap'paavi maddy...
naan enna venumna solraen...

ok lets wait till we know what others say...

cos i everytime get this feel...
if poss try to hear the old song once before hearin this song...

MADDY
21st May 2008, 12:36 PM

aa old song enadhru link kodi guru :)

SoftSword
21st May 2008, 12:38 PM

aa old song enadhru link kodi guru :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1rLEYSMFek

indhanga sir...

baroque
21st May 2008, 12:40 PM
1.Congratulations Parul Mishra!:clap:

loving Ishq ada...!

Very nice humming!

Milo wahan wahan... Melodious tune, Serene strings orchestration, alluring beats - Addicted to it already.
Enchanting Jayachandran with Alka's charming humming!
:ty: Rahman for caring about good singing! LOVING IT! Will cherish it! CLASS!:musicsmile:

3.Meherbaan... Range & Resonance of Rahmanji! Wow!

Tu mera...,Hawa sun hawa... good songs.

soothing, good album!
Very content.
:thumbsup:

Vinatha.

lancelot
21st May 2008, 12:40 PM
adap'paavi maddy...

I have no idea what this old song is, meaning its all original to me SoftSword, sorry! cannot help u on this, an i doubt ill wanna hear that old song u guys are referring to :)

hehe

SoftSword
21st May 2008, 12:47 PM
adap'paavi maddy...

I have no idea what this old song is, meaning its all original to me SoftSword, sorry! cannot help u on this, an i doubt ill wanna hear that old song u guys are referring to :)

hehe

the prob is, out of the 18... this is the song which i love most... and hearing repeatedly... for the male voice... and orchestration... but everytime i remember the similarity...

link is here :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1rLEYSMFek

Scale
21st May 2008, 12:50 PM
[tscii:d66e790be0]I am seriously lost in this brawny musical axis:redjump: :redjump: :exactly:

What did you do Mr. Rahman? You testify your fans with such an enigmatic & delectable Soundtrack. Remarkable choice of singers. Uditji :notworthy:

Hawa Sun Hawa, Hai Dard, Milo Wahan, Tu Mera Hain, Maherbaa/Instrumental----- Nenja midhikiranyaaaaaa, Flabbergasted!

Now JTYJN:

Tu Bole Main Boloon - Jazzy "Gift" to IFM. ARR :thumbsup:
Pappu - Lots of variations , thihir thaana :smokesmirk:
Jaane Tu : Beauty!
All Bachons take the tutorial :yes: :musicsmile:
[/tscii:d66e790be0] :ty: ARR

SoftSword
21st May 2008, 12:53 PM
1.Congratulations Parul Mishra!:clap:

loving Ishq ada...!

Very nice humming!

Milo wahan wahan... Melodious tune, Serene strings orchestration, alluring beats - Addicted to it already.
Enchanting Jayachandran with Alka's charming humming!
:ty: Rahman for caring about good singing! LOVING IT! Will cherish it! CLASS!:musicsmile:

3.Meherbaan... Range & Resonance of Rahmanji! Wow!

Tu mera...,Hawa sun hawa... good songs.

soothing, good album!
Very content.
:thumbsup:

Vinatha.

yeah even i love meharbaan better...
but the songs is shorter....

but my bigger prob is... i can understand hindi only to some extent... :cry2:

SoftSword
21st May 2008, 01:00 PM
Please go here: http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=1395620#1395620

to discuss on both the albums in a single thread... one song at a time....

MADDY
21st May 2008, 01:13 PM
ss, sathyama enakku endha similiratiy-um theriyala :) .........ofcourse, the pllavi is similar adhukku apparum suthhama illa...........naa pala rahman inspiration accept pannirukken, but this one isnt :D

SoftSword
21st May 2008, 01:14 PM
ss, sathyama enakku endha similiratiy-um theriyala :) .........ofcourse, the pllavi is similar adhukku apparum suthhama illa...........naa pala rahman inspiration accept pannirukken, but this one isnt :D

if everyone tells the same...
then i am the happiest man... :P

dinesh2002
21st May 2008, 02:21 PM

heheh... yea ... the song is similar, didint wanna mention it, im afraid later the remaining ARR fans will pounce on me whacking me ... :lol: ive stressed so much on ARR's Jaane's Kabhi Kabhi similarity and Appudo Ippodu song.... so i kept myself quiet.... :P

yea man... the song is almost same, only thing the tempo in ARR's number was faster.....

SoftSword
21st May 2008, 02:28 PM

heheh... yea ... the song is similar, didint wanna mention it, im afraid later the remaining ARR fans will pounce on me whacking me ... :lol: ive stressed so much on ARR's Jaane's Kabhi Kabhi similarity and Appudo Ippodu song.... so i kept myself quiet.... :P

yea man... the song is almost same, only thing the tempo in ARR's number was faster.....

yes...
but why??? :?:

Scale
21st May 2008, 03:00 PM
[tscii:6f3980e84c]Absolutely no semblance while listening itself.

I still tried to sing neeyum bommai naanum bommai along with Ishq ada 'hai Ishq sada 'hai and vice versa simply brow to the fore :rotfl: and nothing to do with the tempo variation.

That’s Plain futility! :confused2:
[/tscii:6f3980e84c]

SoftSword
21st May 2008, 03:07 PM
[tscii:33ab29c6ef]Absolutely no semblance while listening itself.

I still tried to sing neeyum bommai naanum bommai along with Ishq ada 'hai Ishq sada 'hai and vice versa simply brow to the fore :rotfl: and nothing to do with the tempo variation.

That’s Plain futility! :confused2:
[/tscii:33ab29c6ef]

i wonder :)
anyway if the critics don find it similar am happy...
and curse my perception...

dinesh2002
21st May 2008, 04:54 PM
think the similarity is something like the Suntha Hai Mera Kudha with the Old MSV song.... something like that.... there is something there.... but its not there.... get it :P ..

but lets put this aside and enjoy the songs... :D .... Hawa Sun Hawa is not letting me to enjoy any other songs in the album and JTYJN..... :P Help me!!!!!

lancelot
21st May 2008, 05:20 PM
think the similarity is something like the Suntha Hai Mera Kudha with the Old MSV song.... something like that.... there is something there.... but its not there.... get it :P ..

but lets put this aside and enjoy the songs... :D .... Hawa Sun Hawa is not letting me to enjoy any other songs in the album and JTYJN..... :P Help me!!!!!

am so glad that i dont see no similarities with any other songs... all the songs to me are original... beyond original!!
loving ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

hehe

SoftSword
21st May 2008, 05:49 PM

am so glad that i dont see no similarities with any other songs... all the songs to me are original... beyond original!!

hehe

This gives a diff meaning...
edit your sentence... :)

dinesh2002
21st May 2008, 06:04 PM

hehe

This gives a diff meaning...
edit your sentence... :)

:lol:

dinesh2002
21st May 2008, 06:07 PM
finally forced my self to another song....Gum Sum.... another sweet song... another very Tamil kinda song....... :D

rayan36
21st May 2008, 06:18 PM

The tune is slow than Ishq, maybe only the pallavi :roll:

baroque
21st May 2008, 09:32 PM
Pallvai tu mera hai.... has similar feel of vanna poonga... of JODI & jhula bahon....Doli saja Ke Rakhna in Rag PEELU :musicsmile: :redjump:

:ty: Rahmanji for taking care of the mood of the compositions! milo wahan ....

sharus1000
22nd May 2008, 01:21 AM
Guys chill.....The composer of neyum bombai is S.Balachander and he is my dad's uncle so its done on purpose as rahman keeps taking up few tracks of yesteryears not to copy just to show the capacity and dept of a particular tune....He has done it so many times....pukar had one msv song, ahh ahh had an msv song...ada has so many instances of oldies....so just chill...i wish Sb uncle would be alive to great version he would appreciate rahman...heheheh anyways i am yet to tell this to his son sbs raman...ehehhehe he ll but the cd so one more cd sold heheheh.

MADDY
22nd May 2008, 10:10 AM
sharus1000, but still i'm uncomfortable with similarities..........what is thalaivar going to prove giving better orchestration or arrangments?? :?

back to album, ADA is surely the album of the year :notworthy: .........gulfisha, ishq ada, tu mera hai, gum sum, meherebaan, milo wahan, hawa sun hawa - all are top class 8-)

but i dont see any promo running on TVs :cry:

SoftSword
22nd May 2008, 11:47 AM
Guys chill.....The composer of neyum bombai is S.Balachander and he is my dad's uncle so its done on purpose as rahman keeps taking up few tracks of yesteryears not to copy just to show the capacity and dept of a particular tune....He has done it so many times....pukar had one msv song, ahh ahh had an msv song...ada has so many instances of oldies....so just chill...i wish Sb uncle would be alive to great version he would appreciate rahman...heheheh anyways i am yet to tell this to his son sbs raman...ehehhehe he ll but the cd so one more cd sold heheheh.

whatever it be... you don need to sell rahmans cd that way...
it was all done that way in early 90s... so now... the name is enough... ARR

vijayr
22nd May 2008, 12:08 PM
Milo wahan wahan 's opening seems inspired from Rahman's own pathos theme piece used in Kannathil muththamitaal towards the end(Nandita-Keerthana meeting scenes, when Nandita cant bring herself to look at Keerthana and then finally gives up) That theme itself was partly inspired from Kannalane song or so I thought at that time.

Meherbaan and Ishq Ada are my instant picks. The former starts off with a piano piece reminiscent of Beatles "Let it be" and proceeds to be a dreamy rock ballad like New York Nagaram. Have to give it more listens. But it seems a potential winner and a keepr for the ages

Ishq Ada is probably the Italian feel song Rahman was talking about. The tune is simple enough but the presentation makes a world of difference. I liked the male version slightly better.

Some of the other tunes were surprisingly disappointing though. Alka Yagnik sounds a tad old. Why doesnt Rahman stick to a particular set of singers? Madhushree could have been better here

SoftSword
22nd May 2008, 12:18 PM
vijay....
its defly the kannatthil mutthamittaal theme... and its all discussed enough in the earlier pages....
and for you last paragraph... the choice of voices he has used in the album.. is very refreshing... and infact we are happy that arr has used a diff set of voices in this album... to make it fresh and youthful...

maybe the alka yagnik voice doesn impress you but it has really impressed many in this hub... taste differs boss... :)
keep listening and you ll get hooked to the rest of the tracks as well...

good to read your comments anyway :P

dinesh2002
22nd May 2008, 12:26 PM
Milo wahan wahan 's opening seems inspired from Rahman's own pathos theme piece used in Kannathil muththamitaal towards the end(Nandita-Keerthana meeting scenes, when Nandita cant bring herself to look at Keerthana and then finally gives up) That theme itself was partly inspired from Kannalane song or so I thought at that time.

Meherbaan and Ishq Ada are my instant picks. The former starts off with a piano piece reminiscent of Beatles "Let it be" and proceeds to be a dreamy rock ballad like New York Nagaram. Have to give it more listens. But it seems a potential winner and a keepr for the ages

Ishq Ada is probably the Italian feel song Rahman was talking about. The tune is simple enough but the presentation makes a world of difference. I liked the male version slightly better.

Some of the other tunes were surprisingly disappointing though. Alka Yagnik sounds a tad old. Why doesnt Rahman stick to a particular set of singers? Madhushree could have been better here

YESSSSSSSSS :twisted: !!

hahaha.... well, i thought Alka was good enough in these songs... but if Madhushree was in her place for Hawa Sun Hawa, WOW!!!! well, since this was composed in 2001-2002, he hasnt met Madhushree then yet, so its forgiven :lol:

ohk...u guys can get back on the discussion.... hehe... couldnt stop posting after seeing Madhushree's name mentioned.... :P

SoftSword
22nd May 2008, 12:30 PM
oops dinesh....
i thought you only love her voice.... :shock:

dinesh2002
22nd May 2008, 12:41 PM
oops dinesh....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ofcource man..... what u thought....??? :twisted:

SoftSword
22nd May 2008, 12:47 PM
oops dinesh....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ofcource man..... what u thought....??? :twisted:

enakkennavo adhu mattum reasona therila machi...
epdiyo nalla irundhaa sari...

coucou
22nd May 2008, 02:29 PM
Gulfisha, :D wouahhh female voice is so mindblowing than it overshadows male voice which is charming!
the rendition of female is so good when she increase her voice "gulfisha gulfisha.."in the first part and final part "oooh ,hoooh" like opera singer! is it new singer?
good selection of singers and rythm go to ARR :notworthy:

but the starting reminds me thigu thigu from Aah Aah! :?

Ada is the album i expected from arr for many days! I was satisfied : i have impression that the sound quality is better than his previous movies :roll: :)

SoftSword
22nd May 2008, 02:39 PM
[tscii:749352eb59]For Rahman this will be a big year..he has many releases this year…he’s teaming up with Subhash Ghai after Taal…he’s already gave good compositions for the film Jodha Akbhar…and now he released his very own album called Ada which includes singers like Rashid Ali, Sonu Nigam, Alka Yagnik, Sunidhi Chauhan, Viviane Chaix, Chitra, Sukhwinder Singh, Naresh Iyer, Udit Narayan, Parul Mishra & Jayachandran…WOW…So many names lol.

Ada (Male Version) - The title song…starts off very well…with a man singing sord of like Rahman…his voice reminds me of Rahman Saab himself…but it’s not Rahman…its Rashid..never heard of him…maybe a new guy who’s gotten a chance to sing for the great maestro. Rashid does a well job…it’s a song I will have to get use to…and I know I will like it once I do get used to it…the chorus is catchy. There are compositions that Rahman makes will you will instantly fall in love with…then there many which you will have to get used to…but once you do then you realize how great his work is.

Hawa Sun Hawa - This time Rahman uses Alka…wow no Shreya…but Alka…nice to see her in this song…she is brilliant here…She doesn’t sound stale like she has in past few songs…she sounds fresh and very young. This one is a lovely, soft, feel-good song that I can really relate to. Watch out for the flutes in the middle…amazing work by Rahman. Lyrics are fire and Sonu as usual does great. Just close your eyes and get swept away by this great composition.

Gum Sum - Hmmm…this doesn’t sound like a Rahman composition at all…kind of ordinary tunes and beats here…Sonu and Alka are back…they are just ok this time around…its a upbeat number with good lyrics. This is a weaker number from the lot of songs in this album.

Gulfisha - Ohhhhhhh…Rahman used Sunidhi…wow…has he ever used her for a song before…I don’t think so…Sunidhi shines…her presence in this song makes Sonu look like he isn’t even there…beautifully sung…this composition has no genre man…this is what I like about Rahman…his songs are hard to describe and explain…sometimes he’s all over the place in one song…sord of like “Bolo Guru, Bolo Hoga Kya”…that’s how he works here in this song…all over the place…but tremendous beats man. Hats off to Sunidhi for sounding so powerful.

Meherbaan - BEAUTIFUL…..OHHHHHHHH SHITTTTTTTTT……CAN IT GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS MAN…and who’s behind the mic…Rahman himself…amazing lyrics…love this man’s range…just absolutely adore his voice…this is probably the strongest song in this entire album. Rahman turns down the volume here when it comes to background score…everything is smooth…and he let’s the lyrics and his voice do the work.

Tu Mera Hai - Chitra starts this song off with her high notes…she’s a delight to hear…I haven’t heard her for ages so it was nice to listen to her again…this is practically her song…she carries it with Sukhwinder lending support. This is a great, dark, serious song that is very catchy as well. I didn’t need any time getting used to this track…I liked it from get go.

Hai Dard - This song sounds like something from the 60’s or 70’s…it’s a slow sad song…Udit does ok here…deep lyrics here…it’s not a song that I would repeat though. Its something I’d listen to once and forget.

Ada (Female Version) - Similar to the male version…this time Rahman lets Parul Mishra sing…new voice…never heard of her before….she does well…has a nice voice…she doesn’t sound like Shreya nor Sunidhi…has a complete different voice…a voice that suits situational tracks in my opinion. Overall, good song…just got to get used to it like the male version.

Milo Wahan Wahan - Nice background music here, the violins and strings are real effective…this is a mature song with amazing lyrics…this song is more focussed on AR Rahman’s beats and tunes…this is why Rahman is the most versatile and most impressive indian music director out there at the moment…this songs proves why. Alka is very good in her low notes…high notes are kind of screachy in this song…as for the male singer JayaChandran is pure and unique…there is something about this voice that just stands out…he doesn a damn fine job. Really liked this song…Rahman ends the album with an impressive track.

Meherbaan and Milo Wahan Wahan are my two favourite tracks in this album. There are other songs like Ada, Hawa Sun Hawa and Tu Meri Hai which are good tracks…but I have to give more listens to really adore them. Every reviewer must get puzzled on how to judge or rate ARahman’s music after listening to it once or twice…you gotta keep listening to his tracks to really find out how good they are. There are some songs that you instantly praise and some that you are doubtful about. Nice soft, romantic, depressive, smooth, calm and chiller album here from Rahman. It’s easy on the ears, nice instumentals, nice compositions. Not the best work ever from Rahman…but good stuff. Lately Rahman’s work can only be called good…not great…not like Dil Se great or Taal great.

// from naachgaana.com[/tscii:749352eb59]

dinesh2002
22nd May 2008, 03:32 PM
can anyone gimme the translation for Hawa Sun Hawa....????????????????

SoftSword
22nd May 2008, 03:45 PM

Kaatrae en vaarthai kaelaai...
i can translate only this much...

other experts... please translate for the poor souls here... :(

anbu_kathir
22nd May 2008, 04:02 PM

Well..here you go. Its a VERY rough translation from the little hindi I know. And the shifting male and female voices might not be exact. No copyrights, though..:P.

---------------------------------------
woh kaun hai, woh kahaan hai
(who is she..where is she..)
jise doondthi hai nigaahe...
(she, who my thoughts search...)
woh kaun hai.....
( who is she...)
hawa sun hawa .. usey chooke aa.. usey chooke aajaa zara
( listen , oh sweet breeze, listen.. touch my beloved..touch my beloved and come back)
( listen , oh sweet breeze, listen.. touch my beloved..touch my beloved and come back)
kahaan hai woh itnaa bataa...
(where is she, at least tell me this )

kaun hai yaad jo har pal aaye yaad woh aaye to aake na jaaye
(she who rises in my memory every moment.. and never leaves, who is she.. )
(he who rises in my memory every moment.. and never leaves, who is he.. )

raas yeh dil ab kis ko bataaye
( whom shall i tell this secret to?)
saamne hai woh nazar na aaye
( to her, who is near )
mujhko kiski aahatOn ne hai chooaa..
( whose feelings have touched me.. )
kaun hai woh he hawa tu yeh bataaaa
( who is that.. oh breeze.. tell me ..)

meri saadaayen.. tujhko bulaaye..
( all my being calls for you)
saamne aajaao..aajare aajaare
( come..come in front of me.. )

meri yeh baahen tujhko pukaare..
( my arms reach out to you..)
aajaare aajaare aaajaaree..
( come.. come...)
( come.. come...)

woh kaun hai...

tuje miloongi to tuj se kahoongi..
( if i meet you, will i say..)
teri bina mein to reh na sakoongi
( that survive i shall not, withou you)
tuj miloonga to tuj se kahoonga..
teri bina mey to rah na sakoonga

chodo udaasi kyun aankhe ye nam hai
( dont be sad and forlorn my beloved..)
gaur se dekho to , nazdik ham hai
( closely if you look.. i am so near )

woh kaun hai.....
( who is she...)
------------------------------------------
Love and Light.

SoftSword
22nd May 2008, 04:09 PM
thank you very much kadhir...
seein you first time in arr thread...
keep coming.... :)

anbu_kathir
22nd May 2008, 04:14 PM
Thanks SS.

Love and Light

thank you very much kadhir...
seein you first time in arr thread...
keep coming.... :)

dinesh2002
22nd May 2008, 07:44 PM

Well..here you go. Its a VERY rough translation from the little hindi I know. And the shifting male and female voices might not be exact. No copyrights, though..:P.

---------------------------------------
woh kaun hai.....
( who is she...)

(she who rises in my memory every moment.. and never leaves, who is she.. )
(he who rises in my memory every moment.. and never leaves, who is he.. )

raas yeh dil ab kis ko bataaye
( whom shall i tell this secret to?)
saamne hai woh nazar na aaye
( to her, who is near )
mujhko kiski aahatOn ne hai chooaa..
( whose feelings have touched me.. )
kaun hai woh he hawa tu yeh bataaaa
( who is that.. oh breeze.. tell me ..)

( come.. come...)
( come.. come...)

woh kaun hai...

tuje miloongi to tuj se kahoongi..
teri bina mein to reh na sakoongi
tuj miloonga to tuj se kahoonga..
teri bina mey to rah na sakoonga

chodo udaasi kyun aankhe ye nam hai
( dont be sad and forlorn my beloved..)
gaur se dekho to , nazdik ham hai
( closely if you look.. i am so near )

woh kaun hai.....
( who is she...)
------------------------------------------
Love and Light.

WHOAAA.... THANKS ALLOT MAN!!!

B E A U T I F U L !!!!!!!!!! Look how ARR has captured this mood so beautifully with the song.... usage of flute esp.... !!! so appropriate with the lyrics.....

thanks kathir for the effort, its beautiful... thanks for taking the time to translate it for me... hehe!!!!

:) thanks again..... Song of the Year!!!

lancelot
22nd May 2008, 08:10 PM
AWESOME ALBUM!!!! thats all i gotta say...

hehe

Ramakrishna
22nd May 2008, 09:00 PM
hooked on to Meherbaan and its instrumental :musicsmile:

dinesh2002
22nd May 2008, 10:55 PM
Hawa Sun Hawa just reminds me of DUET kinda song of ARR... though it resembles of Sonnalum..... wutcha guys think..... Its very DUET album kinda song....:D

Ramakrishna
23rd May 2008, 01:08 AM
Hawa Sun Hawa just reminds me of DUET kinda song of ARR... though it resembles of Sonnalum..... wutcha guys think..... Its very DUET album kinda song....:D

Not the whole song but some parts yes, especially the first interlude.

Ramakrishna
23rd May 2008, 01:18 AM
Meherbaan is such a beautiful song....No words to describe.

MADDY
23rd May 2008, 09:01 AM
Meherbaan is such a beautiful song....No words to describe.

this also has hangover of "en swaase katre" title song sung by G.Shreekumar :wink: .......but yes, the similarities add to the hearing experience 8-)

united07
23rd May 2008, 12:14 PM
What a month this has been....

2 albums from AR Rahman...
2 trophies by MU
Lakers proceeding to Conference final....after a long time...

vibinrajmani
23rd May 2008, 12:55 PM

2 trophies by MU

Yes I agree, but Lakers beware, here come the Pistons :D

sureshmehcnit
23rd May 2008, 01:54 PM
My thoughts

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2008/05/ada-soundtrack.html

lancelot
23rd May 2008, 02:19 PM

2 trophies by MU

so true!! :)
hehe

MADDY
24th May 2008, 09:59 PM
Kingfisher beer - Rs70
Kings cigarette - Rs 4
My 2+1 stereo - Rs 2000

Meherabaan song from "isai kaduval" Allah kuduthha Rahman - priceless 8-)

wow, just listen to meherabaan with lights off and eyes closed - its such a great song :D

sloshed
24th May 2008, 10:38 PM
If not for the ARR song .. this album will rank alongside with one of the"I-m-just-not-interested-in-this-movie' soundtracks to have come out of the Rahman's stable.

Every song has a feel of "will this song ever end ?" kind of feeling.. rashid ali is a welcome addition though....

Got to listen to the other album now.. hope thats sounds atleast 50% of what the comments suggest...

Guess_Me
25th May 2008, 12:04 AM
Got to listen to the other album now.. hope thats sounds atleast 50% of what the comments suggest...
Nah...I highly doubt that would happen. I remember reading your past ARR reviews. Your issue is with the composer and not composition.

Let us hope if ever Aamir decides to remake Jaane Tu to tamil, he would approach Harris to do the songs (highly improbable though) :D

lancelot
25th May 2008, 12:08 AM
Nah...I highly doubt that would happen. I remember reading your past ARR reviews. Your issue is with the composer and not composition.

Let us hope if ever Aamir decides to remake Jaane Tu to tamil, he would approach Harris to do the songs (highly improbable though) :D

may be sloshed could advice Amir who to use, or may be sloshed can advice ARR on how to do the music.. since, clearly he has not done a good job... rite sloshed? :)

hehe

Dragun
25th May 2008, 03:03 AM
I too am lukewarm to Ada. It doesn't click for me. Meherbaan is a fantastic song.

BTW, the marketing of this film is terrible. There's no idea of the story, no stills, no trailer. I think this movie will flop. The packaging of the CD is very nice though.

Music4Ever
25th May 2008, 06:30 AM
Well said, Guess_Me. It appears you have hit the nail on the head. Now for Ada songs discussion. I have listened to the first five songs. On repeated listening, all the five are good, the picks being Gulfisha, Ishq Ada, Meherbaan, Sun Hawa, and Gum sum. The last one is a fun number, not in the league of the others though. I particularly liked Gulfisha for the orchestration. Meherbaan reminds me of a recent Jodha Akbar number (I forget that song but it is the one which had some stuff from GP's veyil song). Sun Hawa is a pleasing song, but also has a "heard before" feel, IMO. These five songs alone are enough to make Ada a good album. However, I guess, from the comments, the other three or four pull it down somewhat. More later.

Scale
25th May 2008, 10:37 AM
[tscii:7f99ede5da]My Top 3

Meherbaan - A R Rahman
Hai Dard - Udit Narayan
Jaane Tu - Runa Rizvi

Retrospective, All Solo Stunners! :D

[/tscii:7f99ede5da]

coucou
26th May 2008, 07:37 PM
<mahiya_is_mind_blowing@...> wrote:
>