PDA

View Full Version : Richard Bach

Oldposts
2nd January 2005, 11:53 AM
Topic suggested by Athavan (athavan.andrew@mailcity.com) on Mon Mar 15 12:56:37 .

This thread is for both people who know and dont know about this writer. Those who know can send in you point of view on him and those who dont can benifit from them.For a start we'll discuss his best novels jonathan livingston seagull and the bridge across forever - two completely different viewponts on life brought together by a single word 'flight'.

Oldposts
Old responses (http://forumhub.com/elit/23340.6166.12.56.37.html)

Oldposts
I'm from Portugal and I'm 18. I like very much Richard's books. My favourite is "the bridge across forever?. I´d learn many things with this book. Richard Bach teached me to fly in many ways, but mostly he made me believe that there is somewhere in this world the soul i look for everyday. I'd like to contact him very much. If someone could make my dream come true i would be glad and grateful. Thanks anyway

Oldposts
well if i ever run in to him ill tell him to post here :) lucky me being in washington

Oldposts
i read bridges across foreever with great enthu. but i believe that r.b. has since divorced. this takes away the credibility of this novel.

Oldposts
i read bridges across foreever with great enthu. but i believe that r.b. has since divorced. this takes away the credibility of the novel.

Oldposts
Dear Richard,

Have you considered interconnecting your network?

This would allow those with similar interests to find and connect without taxing you.

We have developed a freware to do this easily and safely through the web, a private online directory. It will give you the extra benefit of being able to broadcast to your group and not worry about maintenance, since each person that wishes to belong to it simply updates their own data online as it changes.

If interested, please give me a call (925) 229-3600 x.101

Oldposts
[tscii:d3e8bd4ea3]
Óãàð!!!!!!!

[/tscii:d3e8bd4ea3]

Oldposts
Does anyone know where I can get a signed copy of jonathan livingston seagull. I would like to get my hands on one.

thanks
Jeremy

Oldposts
read no place is too far away!

Oldposts
read no place is too far away!

Oldposts
I was wondering where I could get a signed First edition Johnathon Livingston Seagull. If anyone could tee me it would be great! I love his work.

Oldposts
sorry that should be tell

Oldposts
I don't have a signed first edition copy of JLS but I do have a signed (with hand drawn seagulls) copy of "Illusions" which I received directly from the author while refueling his airplane in 1976! I doubt, though, that you have enough money to motivate me to part with the book!

Oldposts
Hello, I just thought you would like to know that a radio interview with Richard Bach about his book "Running From Safety" is available to listen to for free During March 2003 at http://www.synergyshow.com a program showcase. It is fun to listen to.
Thanks,
Richard

Oldposts
Hi
Do u get the story of "THe bridge Across foreever" On internet.If any could u plz send me the link

Oldposts
when beautiful people in this world use their creativity to spread and share that beauty, they are doing the highest good for humanity. Richard Bach is one such man... I am blessed to know many others!

Oldposts
mmm..inspiring piece...
ultimately wat people get out of this medley of thoughts depends upon individual maturity and grasp.. bcos v always relate anything with something that v experienced... Difficulty may mean exams for a school kid, gals for a teenager, job for an adult.. similarly flying may mean anything..the beauty of his work lies in his ability to maintain the charm... lack of nasty things... and the generality of ideas... thats wat makes his books likeable for a teenager as well as for a old chap..
these kind of books hv to b read at each stage of life...perhaps to know ourselves better!

Oldposts
We have a great and active RB message board. Visit us:
http://rbach.proboards4.com/

Oldposts
the biggest question that i have for him if he could only answer it himself is what if you have found your soulmate but dont see eye to eye on religion?

Oldposts
Hi rjs
Soulmate and Bach???!!!
I wished to gainsay when someone told me that
Mr.Richard divorced his wife!!!
Any way the ways of words and the ways of life..sometimes differ even to the author of eteral solutions!

cabinbee@yahoo.com

Oldposts
"Jonathan.." is an easy,breezy (no pun on that) read which helps a searching soul to connect with his intrinsic strength whilst making the reader aware of life,in the emotive perspective and showing us the greater picture.Highly motivational:the mental and transcendental journey of identifying who we are and the possibilitie(s) of who we can be!
"Bridge.."is for those times in our lives when we need to get reassured of the fragile and transient gift of love.Love,in the purest sense,like the protagonists achieved,was a result of mastery over their need to be always right or beleived to be so,and sharing and accomodating each other in their own space.Remarkable in simplicity,with interlacings of humour which make one softly chuckle and feel gentle within for the grace and flow of beautiful emotions.Also empowering in the wisdom of portraying differences and loving without needing to possess those we love.
To be read by those who love or want to love freely,feel oneness with the greatest power of the cosmos:Love,and who can overcome the need to reason why Richard and Leslie had to get divorced(in social and legal terms)which then will not let them get discouraged about the credibility of the writer or their own need to come across a love that simple and profound.
Love neither begins with nor perishes with a legal document or time and space.And when we cannot see and feel it,it still lives on,perhaps in another sphere,waiting to be believed in again.
Have Faith!

Oldposts
Hey I am a huge Richard Bach fan, and I even wrote a script and performed a piece from 'The Bridge Across Forever' in a solo acting drama competition.

Anyway, I am from Malaysia and I wrote to Richard Bach when I was about 15 years old (I am now 30). I wrote to him as a lark, and to my utter surprise, he replied in a personalized post card addressed to me in Malaysia from Richard Bach in the US, where he wrote to me on how I could fulfill my dreams.

Would anyone be interested in this... sorry for the way this sounds but I am trying to raise money for my kids future ?

Oldposts
Hi Jegatheva,
Great to hear your enthusiastic leap and its reply from Bach himself. Congrats.!
Bach seldom conducts chat room discussions (ofcourse under preassure from his publishers) and you can join the group when the next chat session turns up (no body is sure about that) You can search the net editions of Washington or New York Times for the details if that happens.
By the way fulfilling dreams is a hot cake. Can easily sell the book, but I was so interested in his style of presentation and sincerity in work.” Jonathan" has been an eternal inspiration to many around the world. I was more thrilled by the description of the flight and the world seen under. That was simply great. Later I came to know that Bach was previously a US Fighter pilot, answering the secret behind the exhilarating narration of flights and "the bird's eye view" picture of earth under.

I request you to read Paulo Coehlo's novels especially "The Alchemist". Chasing the dreams is always a difficult job when fate turns up as the protagonist! . Alchemist will give you few good answers
And of course questions too.
Take care
and very nice to meet you.

Oldposts
I think I may have read all of Bach's books. I wouldn't have thought it mattered to anyone, but I gave what a Christian would call a testimony today - I witnessed that I am, but for the grace of God...and Richard S. Bach. Which, from a distance looks like "Richard's Back"...which at the time would have been a Godsend. Sounds pretty uhm ...fanatical but except for the occaisional quote - I haven't read anything by him, or even discussed the impact his understanding of the world has had on me - to anyone prior to today. I only did so for anothers' benefit, because what I experienced in 1979 would have been an emotional and intellectual overload whithout having the child-like wonder that the book "Illusions" inspired in me...and the hope that even though my father was deceased and could no longer protect me...I had to believe that I carried the best he had to offer...whith the innocence and belief of a child I soared to new levels of understanding and be-ing because I believed him. In retrospect, reading that book was an affirmation that turned into a proclamation that kept me alive and thriving - flying by the "seat of my pants" during a time of tremendous adversity...and by doing so, I became a serious student of life - eventually leaving everyone scratching their head and reconsidering all things spiritual. When I think of that book I smile because without it Life would still be mundane and rooted; I might simply have chosen not to go there out of selfishness and fear. Today, and everyday - I'm flying with my Master and learning Life to It's fullest. More than Thanks, I guess - if I could - I'd tell R.S.B. that I know where the rocks are now because he taught me a new way of seeing; I call it my "child-like perspective" and I am walking on water with it.

Oldposts
sea gulls ultimate

Oldposts
I have read every R.B. novel that I can get my hands on - nine thus far - and I have always wished that I could somehow thank him for the insights that he has given me into living. It has been a difficult journey, thus far, as it must be for everyone, but reading his novels about his own search for meaning and truth has been like having my deepest instincts validated. He has articulated my own feelings about so many aspects of life so well, that reading his novels is like clarifying my own thoughts. So I continue the search, and the journey, and I make my mistakes, and continue to believe that nothing happens by chance. (The title of his novel "Nothing by Chance" is a mantra for me.) Incidentally, I did not know about his divorce until I read this page, and it was something of a shock, because I so want to believe in "happily forever after". But R.B. and Leslie must have more lessons to learn for which they must be apart. Who knows the meaning behind the patterns that we create? We learn, and learn, and learn, and usually, in retrospect, it all makes sense. My memory is hazy here, but I believe that he ended one of his novels with the statement that everything he has said thus far may be wrong. There is no certainty, but the process of learning continues, even if the new learning contradicts everything that went before. So I wish them both the best. It is difficult to say who my favorite author is, but whenever I'm asked, R.B. is the first to come to mind. Thank you, Mr. Bach.

Oldposts
To J.Jegatheva:
I would like to know more about this letter from Bach; please respond.

Oldposts
i am definitely having a nasty headache due to colds....i have a new job now....4 years in teaching and now a test development engr. at analog devices...now what is the connection ...i dont know...i read the books..jonathnls,runfs,illus.,baf,...and i sense a connection wth his practical albeit mystical in a way makeshift belief system...me im trying to live out how much i can give to my own family ..im 30 years old now ...and in a new industry like this one im in now ..i need all the bach thoughts i can remember...just to help me help ourselves.....its hard when youre a breadwinner...i want to win out on this....alll my family need is just a simple decent living...not worrying where the next can of baby milk will come from...i have my own path....or flight as bach would coin it..and the sad part is I and only I could do my part in this seemingly dogeatdog,,money driven money grabbing world....i will try to get my familys share......andhope i get it

Oldposts
try some michael chrichton for a breather...these 2 are the best thought writers for me....
<a name="last"></a>

citrus
3rd January 2005, 12:05 AM
Hi friends,RB is one of my favourite writer.i read his book JLS by chance and i was very much impressed by his works.Then i read his all other boosk like ILLUSIONS,STRANGER TO THE GROUND,GIFT OF WINGS.
but i donno i din't like the last two like JLS and ILLUSIONS.i hope to finish all his books soon...ILLUSIONS is best book of allteh books i have read.

nirosha sen
4th January 2005, 08:28 PM
Can't remember the title of the book I read. But it was this guy who travelled in a bi-plane? and keeps landing in people's barns, etc.!! While he awaits the repairs, he preaches.....and then ups and leaves one fine day, with people running after him, calling him, the Messiah????

I don't make much sense, do I?????? Sorry, for my confused, befuddled state, People!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

citrus
26th January 2005, 01:30 AM
Right now reading , the book "ONE" - by Richard Bach. Even in this book he maintains his charm. I haven't seen any body mentioning about these books like "one","stranger to ground","Gift of wings"...etc..

hey friends read these books too...as of my taste "one " is also a best work from Richard.

jaiganes
25th April 2005, 11:14 AM
I had read the "ONE" . It was the story of a reluctant messiah. Interesting story and the first person narrative is a wonderful tool to bring authenticity and believability to the story whic makes the characters endearing. I have picked up "The bridge across forever" . I have read through some 80+ pages so far. It has so many intersting passages where Bach introduces some mind bending concepts on life and Love and how we perceive it. In one passage he introduces "The observer" and his interesting conversations with the observer. Only disturbing point in the book so far (for the conditioned, traditional Indian mind) is the casual way of sharing love with many women all in the pretext of searching for a soulmate!!! My mind screams of promiscuity, however it could be typical lack of understanding of the culture from my side. Anyways, will finish the complete book and post further.

rajasaranam
28th April 2005, 10:34 PM
Jaiganes,

I used to be huge fan of RB 10 yrs ago but slowly when my reading extended i just got away from him. but still i consider his 'Illusions' was an eye opener for me. Added to RB's Books if we read 'Stephen Hawkings' - ' Brief History Of Time' , 'Gary Zukovs' - 'Dancing WuLi Masters' and 'Tao of physics' - 'Fritjaf Capra' we could get into deeper meaning of RB's Theories.

Badri
29th April 2005, 05:34 AM
JG Said:

I had read the "ONE" . It was the story of a reluctant messiah.

JG: I think you are referring to "Illusions - Confessions of a Reluctant Messiah"

One was another story - a bit complicated, when he and his wife journey to parallel existences of sorts.