PDA

View Full Version : "Kadhalar Dhinam" Kunal NO more !!

MADDY
7th February 2008, 01:14 PM
getting news from Sun news that tamil actor Kunal haspassed away.......it seems he has committed suicide and found dead in his mumbai apartment.......he has acted in some tamil movies after getting introduced in "kadhalar Dhinam"

(yet to get a web link on this)

R.I.P :cry:

steveaustin
7th February 2008, 01:21 PM
[tscii:4b7c004fa9]Kunal commits suicide!

By Moviebuzz
Thursday, 07 February , 2008, 10:57
Last Updated: Thursday, 07 February , 2008, 12:26

Kunal who made his debut in Tamil with Kathir directed Kathalar Dhinam (1999), committed suicide at his flat in Andheri, Mumbai. He was said to be depressed during the last few months.
Kunal a north Indian has done about a dozen films in Tamil as a young hero, but none of his films were hits. The titles were all romantic like - Varsham Ellam Vasantham, Paesadha Kannum Paesumae (sheer coincidence that the heroine of this film Monal had also committed suicide), Unnarchigal and his last release Nanbanin Kathali. One of the most popular actors of today had dubbed for him in Tamil in his early films.

He will be remembered for the A.R Rahman music of his debut film Kathalar Dhinam. Who can forget the haunting Rojaa, Rojaa… and the melodious Daandiya Aatumadam… picturised on Kunal and the strikingly beautiful Sonali Bendre?

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14601189

Kunal's soul may rest in peace.[/tscii:4b7c004fa9]

ajithfederer
7th February 2008, 01:25 PM
----- :shock:

RIP :cry:

Thirumaran
7th February 2008, 01:26 PM
Very Sad :( RIP

Devar Magan
7th February 2008, 01:31 PM
RIP..

thilak4life
7th February 2008, 01:40 PM
RIP..

Suicidal tendencies of film celebrities continues. Sad...

Munsamy
7th February 2008, 02:01 PM
A sad news indeed.
RIP

Pras
7th February 2008, 02:02 PM
RIP

littlemaster1982
7th February 2008, 02:09 PM
Rest in peace :(

Shakthiprabha.
7th February 2008, 02:10 PM
S.h.i.t.

why the heck they commit suicide .

it pains to hear such news !

Shame ...

I feel sad ...

may he find bliss atleast elsewhere this body.

MADDY
7th February 2008, 02:16 PM
RIP..

never understood - wat stardom/celeb status does to them?? :roll: .......kunal was a normal/middle class guy just like u and me, suddenly put into the big league.......what happens in between this period of middle-class to death?? i thot only women were vulnerable but kunal's death is shocking......shobha, "fatafat", divya bharathi, silk smitha, simran's sister, prathyuksha, and now kunal - too long for such a sad list ........

dinesh13284
7th February 2008, 02:16 PM
----
Why he commited suicide?

RIP.. :(

Shakthiprabha.
7th February 2008, 02:19 PM
RIP..

never understood - wat stardom/celeb status does to them?? :roll: .......kunal was a normal/middle class guy just like u and me, suddenly put into the big league.......what happens in between this period of middle-class to death?? i thot only women were vulnerable but kunal's death is shocking......shobha, "fatafat", divya bharathi, silk smitha, simran's sister, prathyuksha, and now kunal - too long for such a sad list ........

maddy, may be analyse this way....

We are well informed about eminent personalities so we decide that way. Even otherwise ppl in stress, esp with overwork, anybody laid off, retrenchment, unemployed, LOVE-FAILURES(mostly), do commit suicide.

but we dont throw lime light upon them.

So I suppose, its nothing to do with media. Its general tendency of stress and depresion, which the curr gen is unable to handle

Arthi
7th February 2008, 02:37 PM
MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE....

lets us all learn that only cowardice commit sucide.... we all are here to face this world... and learn from our mistakes....

commiting suicide will ever become a solution for any problem...

leosimha
7th February 2008, 02:39 PM
RIP..

divya bharathi and prathyusha were murdered and didn't commit suicide. But the case has been twisted as suicide.

leosimha
7th February 2008, 02:43 PM
Bollywood actor commits suicide

Kunal Singh and Sonali Bendre in Dil Hi Dil Main.

February 07, 2008 13:39 IST

Actor Kunal Singh committed suicide at his residence in Oshiwara in suburban Mumbai on Thursday morning. He starred in the Hindi film, Dil Hi Dil Main, opposite Sonali Bendre [Images].

The 31-year-old actor had also starred in some Bhojpuri and South Indian films. He had recently switched over to film production and was working on a Hindi project.

The Oshiwara police stated that he was found hanging from a ceiling fan at about 1:30 am and are investigating the case. No suicide note has been found near his body. The reason behind the actor taking the extreme step is yet to be ascertained, a senior police officer from the Oshiwara police station said.

Singh is survived by his wife, and two daughters, who had left for their hometown, Ahmednagar, only two days ago.

He was staying with Lavannya, an upcoming actress. She was the first to see his body. She informed the building watchman, who then called the police.

With inputs from PTI

Link - http://www.rediff.com/movies/2008/feb/07singh.htm

Roshan
7th February 2008, 02:44 PM
Suicide :evil:

dinesh2002
7th February 2008, 02:46 PM
R.I.P, Kunal.

Om Namah Shivaya.............

Raghu
7th February 2008, 03:37 PM
[tscii:a41900e8a9]What the HELL??????? :shock:

OMG :(

RIP :(

Aum NamaShivaya....

Suicide rate is so high amounts young men between 25-35 here in UK, compared to women.. :(

I guess when one is fed of every materialistic things in this world and misery caused by the so called 'Maya' one decides to end his/her life, it may seem cowardness to some , but only the people who goes through depressions will understand such feelings....we have no right to take away our life or anyone life, and our Vedic literatures state these perishable bodies don’t belong to us, hence we have no rights over it... I guess it is all to good know these things and understand philosophies, but when it comes to feelings we are ruled by emotions hence we are human beings else we all would be swamiyars!

[/tscii:a41900e8a9]

Dilbert
7th February 2008, 03:44 PM
RIP KUNAL.

Raghu sir. MIND BUILDS COMPLEX LOGICS AROUND US TO LEAD LIFE .. BUT HEART RULES THEM. :(

Kalyasi
7th February 2008, 03:49 PM
RIP

dell_gt
7th February 2008, 03:49 PM
RIP

Raghu
7th February 2008, 03:52 PM
RIP KUNAL.

Raghu sir. MIND BUILDS COMPLEX LOGICS AROUND US TO LEAD LIFE .. BUT HEART RULES THEM. :(

SADLY yes. that is what makes us HUMANS :(

selvakumar
7th February 2008, 04:23 PM
:o May his soul rest in peace.
Suicide :( - enna problem oh !

Kunal a north Indian has done about a dozen films in Tamil as a young hero, but none of his films were hits
:banghead: Varushamellam Vasantham was indeed a HIT AFAIK.
Oruthar erantha piragu kooda sify ippadi oru article ezhuthi irukkuthu :banghead: :sigh2:

Kalyasi
7th February 2008, 04:26 PM
:o May his soul rest in peace.
Suicide :( - enna problem oh !

Kunal a north Indian has done about a dozen films in Tamil as a young hero, but none of his films were hits
:banghead: Varushamellam Vasantham was indeed a HIT AFAIK.
Oruthar erantha piragu kooda sify ippadi oru article ezhuthi irukkuthu :banghead: :sigh2:

What abt Paarvai Ondre pothume.. I guess it was a musical hit...

Thirumaran
7th February 2008, 04:27 PM

Agree. That is idiotic :banghead:

Raghu
7th February 2008, 04:43 PM

Agree. That is idiotic :banghead:

true manushan irantha pirahum nimathiyai iruka vidathu intha ulagam! :twisted: :cry:

mr_karthik
7th February 2008, 04:47 PM
ஆழ்ந்த அனுதாபங்கள்.

இதுவே இந்த நூற்றாண்டின் இறுதி தற்கொலையாக இருக்கட்டும்.

ஒரு மருத்துவமனைக்கு சென்று, அங்கே ஒரு உயிரைக் காப்பாற்ற மருத்துவர்கள் எவ்வளவு பாடுபடுகிறார்கள் என்று பார்த்தால், உயிரின் அருமை புரியும். என்ன கஷ்டம் வந்தால்தான் என்ன?. கடைசி வரை பிச்சையெடுத்தாவது வாழ்ந்து பார்க்க வேண்டும்.

அதை விடுத்து தற்கொலை செய்துகொள்வது முட்டாள்தனம், கோழைத்தனம், மகா பாவம், தம்மை நம்பியிருக்கும் உயிர்களுக்கு செய்யும் துரோகம்.

வேண்டாம் இந்த விபரீதம், இனி.

selvakumar
7th February 2008, 04:54 PM
ஆழ்ந்த அனுதாபங்கள்.

இதுவே இந்த நூற்றாண்டின் இறுதி தற்கொலையாக இருக்கட்டும்.

ஒரு மருத்துவமனைக்கு சென்று, அங்கே ஒரு உயிரைக் காப்பாற்ற மருத்துவர்கள் எவ்வளவு பாடுபடுகிறார்கள் என்று பார்த்தால், உயிரின் அருமை புரியும். என்ன கஷ்டம் வந்தால்தான் என்ன?. கடைசி வரை பிச்சையெடுத்தாவது வாழ்ந்து பார்க்க வேண்டும்.

அதை விடுத்து தற்கொலை செய்துகொள்வது முட்டாள்தனம், கோழைத்தனம், மகா பாவம், தம்மை நம்பியிருக்கும் உயிர்களுக்கு செய்யும் துரோகம்.

வேண்டாம் இந்த விபரீதம், இனி.

:notthatway:

thilak4life
7th February 2008, 04:57 PM
I think it's all about the needs, desires, relationships, and the societal pressures. The imbalance to the person's composure is purely personal. There's something more to a person than a simple "instinctive" action. The person isn't born susceptible, he's pivoted by the society and everything "outside". It's the "system" that's twisting, and playing here. The rules of the game is to play it to the end, but...few quit half-way. :(

thilak4life
7th February 2008, 04:57 PM
Media is farce. Period!

CEDYBLUE
7th February 2008, 04:58 PM
shocking and sad! may his soul rest in peace

Munsamy
7th February 2008, 04:59 PM
RIP..

divya bharathi and prathyusha were murdered and didn't commit suicide. But the case has been twisted as suicide.

Very true.....infact brutal rape and murder.

joe
7th February 2008, 05:23 PM
:shock: RIP :(

bingleguy
7th February 2008, 06:08 PM
one more celebrity suicide ..... :( for a change, tis a guy ....
May his soul rest in peace !!!

interz
7th February 2008, 06:15 PM
Another young actor dieing within a month. It better stop now.

Failure in Cinema does not have to lead to committing suicide. There are lots of opportunites to get a job and etablish family etc.

May his soul Rest in Peace.

Munsamy
7th February 2008, 06:31 PM
Another young actor dieing within a month. It better stop now.

Failure in Cinema does not have to lead to committing suicide. There are lots of opportunites to get a job and etablish family etc.

May his soul Rest in Peace.

I dont think failure in cinema leads to suicide.....the reason should be much more serious and personal

Ledger's cine career was a real success.

cyouinme
7th February 2008, 11:24 PM
RIP :(

kb
8th February 2008, 12:11 AM
RIP. His Hair style will be remembered.

jaiganes
8th February 2008, 12:18 AM
it is Sad.
however on thoughts of Suicide - it is a deeper subject. Death is no solution - but definitely an end. Probably some people's life is filled with so much grief and dishonour that death seems to be that much more preferable and honourable to them.
I would implore that we dont "use" the word "cowardice" etc., just because someone committed "suicide". It requires damn enough courage to commit suicide. We should rather focus on what propels some one to this decision. Unfortunately in a country that has a problem of overpopulation, police and other social organisations have neither the money nor the inclination to investigate deeply into the reasons of such acts and happy to "close the case".

Gaza
8th February 2008, 12:24 AM
i cant believe this.. :shock: May his soul rest in peace... :( i liked him a lot in his first film.. :cry2:

Yathu
8th February 2008, 03:03 AM
R.I.P.

priya32
8th February 2008, 03:11 AM
My Goodness!!

I wonder why people act cowardly by taking their own lives rather than finding help in order to succesfully survive when they face difficulties in reality.

I feel so sorry for his family and friends...he makes me think of the songs from 'Thuli Thuliyaai and Asainthaadum Kaatrukkum from 'Paarvai Ondre Pothume' which he acted with Monal! :(

bingleguy
8th February 2008, 03:28 AM
it is Sad.

I would implore that we dont "use" the word "cowardice" etc., just because someone committed "suicide". It requires damn enough courage to commit suicide. We should rather focus on what propels some one to this decision.

You are very right !!!! it takes a life to leave their own life ... not just a joke ! coming back to wat propels could be simple to very complex ... Unfortunately we have very few ppl who survived the incident to tell us back on wat was the reason for their extreme situations ....

Some have been based on Maturity ... taking poison for love ... killing oneself for prejudice .... and biggest of all .... money .... !!!!

So many ppl come to Cine industry facing a lot of challenges and hurdles ... they come here leaving everything and thinking this as their only career ..... they infact challenged ones who stood against them - that tehy would excel in this field ... but cinema is a field of gamble .... luck and performance differs from person to person ... they success/failure drag them to extreme cases ...... everyone gets worst case instincts ... but Kshana nera mudivu "decision at the instance" differs ..... most of the time - it is this .... which would have caused death !!!!!!

mareen
8th February 2008, 06:45 AM
RIP KUnal!:(

rachel
8th February 2008, 07:06 AM
shocked and very sad

selvakumar
8th February 2008, 08:45 AM
Looks like her friends is ularifying a lot in the police investigations. Murder angle had joined this case now :o

Corleone
8th February 2008, 08:57 AM
May his soul rest in peace.

I guess it cud be a murder.

Wibha
8th February 2008, 09:58 AM
RIP

sounds really scary

Nerd
8th February 2008, 10:08 AM
ennathu!! :shock:
R I P :(

Billgates
8th February 2008, 10:15 AM
Condolences to the bereaved family members. I believe , he has a family. Should have been more matured . Suicide is not the solution to end your problems.

bingleguy
8th February 2008, 11:50 AM
Kadhalar Dinam ..... varum neram adil varum kaadalan Kunal in maraivu ... :(

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
8th February 2008, 12:09 PM
Kunal commits suicide!

see the pic, it has monal, along with kunal, who is also suicided[reportedly]

thilak4life
8th February 2008, 12:52 PM
Kunal commits suicide!

see the pic, it has monal, along with kunal, who is also suicided[reportedly]

Welcome back. :wink:

leosimha
8th February 2008, 01:06 PM
Looks like her friends is ularifying a lot in the police investigations. Murder angle had joined this case now :o

:roll:

Kunal's friends or Kunal's girlfriend's friends?

leosimha
8th February 2008, 01:08 PM
I don't know why the topic heading is "Passes away"? "Passes away" is used to describe that the person has died a natural death. Whereas here the actor has committed SUICIDE.

MADDY
8th February 2008, 01:43 PM
I don't know why the topic heading is "Passes away"? "Passes away" is used to describe that the person has died a natural death. Whereas here the actor has committed SUICIDE.

changed

leosimha
8th February 2008, 01:45 PM

changed

okay fine. no probs. :)

ThalaNass
8th February 2008, 04:39 PM
----- :shock:

RIP bro...... feel sad for his family!!!

Raghu
8th February 2008, 05:32 PM
it is Sad.
however on thoughts of Suicide - it is a deeper subject. Death is no solution - but definitely an end. Probably some people's life is filled with so much grief and dishonour that death seems to be that much more preferable and honourable to them.
I would implore that we dont "use" the word "cowardice" etc., just because someone committed "suicide". It requires damn enough courage to commit suicide. We should rather focus on what propels some one to this decision. Unfortunately in a country that has a problem of overpopulation, police and other social organisations have neither the money nor the inclination to investigate deeply into the reasons of such acts and happy to "close the case". :exactly: but should never be encouraged.. Ishwarraaa :cry:

crajkumar_be
8th February 2008, 05:36 PM
it is Sad.
I would implore that we dont "use" the word "cowardice" etc., just because someone committed "suicide". It requires damn enough courage to commit suicide. We should rather focus on what propels some one to this decision. Unfortunately in a country that has a problem of overpopulation, police and other social organisations have neither the money nor the inclination to investigate deeply into the reasons of such acts and happy to "close the case".
Absolutely! Totally agree

Recently another small time actor (who acted as Maddy's friend in Arya) committed suicide.

Pras
8th February 2008, 07:12 PM

changed

okay fine. no probs. :)

maddy, ther is no verbe in the title :oops: :lol:

thilak4life
8th February 2008, 07:24 PM
Yes, I think among celebrities, we've had less popular male victims in India. I doubt whether the statistic would suggest an higher quotient for Female (it's just that popular heroines have committed suicide, while we rarely hear the same of superstars from the country). It's an universal fact (by stats, and psychology) that men are more prone to suicide than women, in almost every country (wiki suggests China as an exception, though it's 99', and only selected areas). That's ironic, perhaps we shouldn't throw around the term "weaker sex".

Raghu
11th February 2008, 10:21 PM
Yes, I think among celebrities, we've had less popular male victims in India. I doubt whether the statistic would suggest an higher quotient for Female (it's just that popular heroines have committed suicide, while we rarely hear the same of superstars from the country). It's an universal fact (by stats, and psychology) that men are more prone to suicide than women, in almost every country (wiki suggests China as an exception, though it's 99', and only selected areas). That's ironic, perhaps we shouldn't throw around the term "weaker sex". :exactly:

CEDYBLUE
14th February 2008, 09:00 PM
Kunal was murdered"
By Behindwoods News Bureau.
February 14, 2008

Visitor Medical Insurance

Kunal's father, Retd Col. Rajendra Singh, has come out with an allegation that his son's death was not suicide but murder. Rebutting the theory reported by the press that Kunal was depressed, which eventually led to his suicide, he asked the media at the press conference held at Vile Parle "Kunal was about to launch his film on

Kunal
February 15 and was very enthusiastic about the project. Why would he end his life?"

He also made it clear that Kunal's marriage with Anuradha was not turbulent as reported by the press. As the couple's daughter was not in good health, Anuradha had taken the kid to her father's residence in Ahmednagar. Incidentally Anuradha's father is an army officer and a surgeon.

Singh asserted that Kunal, on the day of his death, spent the entire day discussing his impending film Yogi with his team and had also fixed up appointments for the next day. Had he intended to commit suicide, he would not have done so, he said. Singh stated that he had noticed some marks on the neck, chest and arms, indicating that someone could have grabbed Kunal from the rear and pinned down his arms to thwart any attempts of resistance. But Senior Police Inspector Sonone refuted these statements saying these marks were induced while the body was brought down from the ceiling fan.

Bringing out a new theory to this death, Singh claimed that Kunal could have been a target of some land mafia, as he was involved in some land deals some time ago. Singh also added that a girl named Lavina could be a prime witness to this murder. He said that she is the daughter of a family friend and was to have debuted in Kunal's film. Though she has not made any statement about the murder theory thus far, Singh avers that she is either scared or threatened.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/feb-08-02/14-02-08-kunal.html

Shakthiprabha.
14th February 2008, 09:01 PM
:(

r_o_j_a
25th February 2008, 01:21 AM
very sad to hear kunal passed away. May his soul rest in peace

:(

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
30th July 2010, 04:12 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: I thought he was still alive but while scanning some old pages i discovered that he was no more... I dedicate these songs on behalf of kunal.....

Some of my most favourites.....

Kadhalar Dhinam - Enna Vilai Azhage (www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&warned=True&client=mv-google&xl=xl_blazer&hl=en-GB&xl=xl_blazer&v=mVc5yKYEf6E)

Kadhalar Dhinam - Kaadhalenum Thervezhudhi (www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&warned=True&client=mv-google&xl=xl_blazer&hl=en-GB&rl=yes&xl=xl_blazer&v=S2Hzoqhw-VQ)

Kadhalar Dhinam - Roja Roja (www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&warned=True&client=mv-google&xl=xl_blazer&hl=en-GB&xl=xl_blazer&v=QwCEXv1TXqo)

May his soul rest in peace... :cry: till now i didn't know who composed these songs.. But after reading it was rahman, i understand why rahman is the best.... :notworthy:

AudazJay
2nd August 2010, 12:34 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: I thought he was still alive but while scanning some old pages i discovered that he was no more... I dedicate these songs on behalf of kunal.....

Kadhalar Dhinam - Enna Vilai Azhage (www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&warned=True&client=mv-google&xl=xl_blazer&hl=en-GB&xl=xl_blazer&v=mVc5yKYEf6E)

Kadhalar Dhinam - Kaadhalenum Thervezhudhi (www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&warned=True&client=mv-google&xl=xl_blazer&hl=en-GB&rl=yes&xl=xl_blazer&v=S2Hzoqhw-VQ)

Kadhalar Dhinam - Roja Roja (www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&warned=True&client=mv-google&xl=xl_blazer&hl=en-GB&xl=xl_blazer&v=QwCEXv1TXqo)

May his soul rest in peace... :cry: till now i didn't know who composed these songs.. But after reading it was rahman, i understand why rahman is the best.... :notworthy:

Ittene naala enge sar irundhingge? :roll:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
2nd August 2010, 12:48 PM

I'm a newbie... It's been just 6 months since my arrival...

mareen
3rd August 2010, 07:25 PM
How old are you?

Ramakrishna
3rd August 2010, 11:46 PM

I'm a newbie... It's been just 6 months since my arrival...

athukulla hubbing-ah :o

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
3rd August 2010, 11:59 PM
How old are you?

17 :P