PDA

View Full Version : Mirdangam Accompaniment

thineshan54321
10th February 2008, 10:13 AM
Hey guys, does anyone have a collection of Mrdanga accompanying carnatic tracks so that I can improve my playing skills since my arengtram is coming up. thx in advance. also does neone have ne tips to do good on my arengetram. Its in august of this year. So any practice tips etc?

bingleguy
10th February 2008, 11:19 AM
:thumbsup: All the best thineshan !!!!

Sabash vAnga vAzhthukkaL !!!!

Arthi
10th February 2008, 06:42 PM
hi thineshan

try this link

http://www.raaga.com/channels/carnatic/instrumental.asp

under carnatic music, u may get in instrumental section

All the best !!! :)

will try to provide u some more links

Arthi
10th February 2008, 06:50 PM
hi

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/s

though i have not heard ,hope the above link wld help u...

the link gives u the famous artist in Mirdangam

1. Umayaalpuram K sivaraman
2. Karaikudi mani .... & so many artists
all the best for ur arangEtram :)

sasibaloo
10th February 2008, 07:33 PM
Best of luck. listen to as many concerts. Besides concentrating on thani , devote much attention on how to follow a kriti which is most important.
with wishes.

thineshan54321
11th February 2008, 05:10 AM
thx to all of u for ur wonderful links, tips, and comments. please do pour in as many suggestions as u can. right now, i am listening to carnatic songs a lot, paying attention to the nadais and theermanams.

bingleguy
11th February 2008, 08:25 AM
I ve relished

Umayalpuram Sivaraman thani avarthanams .... i ve been blessed with the great man's personal meet .....

Palghat Mani iyer thani avarthanams ......

thineshan54321
11th February 2008, 09:57 AM
I ve relished

Umayalpuram Sivaraman thani avarthanams .... i ve been blessed with the great man's personal meet .....

Palghat Mani iyer thani avarthanams ......

they are truly mindblowing. also karaikudi mani's thani avarthanams are out of this world. the way he goes from on rhythm to another is an art of a genius. very hard to even reproduce 10% of it.

bingleguy
11th February 2008, 10:21 AM
:-) ys ... he is simply amazing ...
hes really a Mridangam Maestro !!!!

ts
19th March 2008, 08:51 PM
Sivaraman sir usually plays with whats called as a kutchi mridamgam... Here the gap between the layers of skin on the right side are seperated by thin pieces of bamboo sticks. this helps the mridangam to resonate.

Mani Sir's mridangam is what is called as a "kappi muttu" mridangam where sticks are replaced with small beads made of the same material that shows up black on the right side of the mridangam. This is apparantly more difficult to play with but gives a very robust and deep sound.

thineshan54321
24th March 2008, 07:41 AM
Sivaraman sir usually plays with whats called as a kutchi mridamgam... Here the gap between the layers of skin on the right side are seperated by thin pieces of bamboo sticks. this helps the mridangam to resonate.

Mani Sir's mridangam is what is called as a "kappi muttu" mridangam where sticks are replaced with small beads made of the same material that shows up black on the right side of the mridangam. This is apparantly more difficult to play with but gives a very robust and deep sound.

hey thx for the info, i am going to buy a new mrdangam because my current one is not so good. i will keep what you said in mind when i buy mine.