Another remake news :x
Raththa Kaneer may be remade with Vivek in MR Radha role :evil:

:lol:

Ellam nerakkodumai

crajkumar_be
5th February 2008, 03:53 PM
avaru edhukku thaniya remake pannanum? Dialogue delivery mostly achu MRR dhaan :roll:

Thirumaran
5th February 2008, 03:54 PM
avaru edhukku thaniya remake pannanum? Dialogue delivery mostly achu MRR dhaan :roll:

Well they are not talking about Person remake, it is about movie remake :mrgreen:

hattori_hanzo
11th February 2008, 10:04 AM

Well they are not talking about Person remake, it is about movie remake :mrgreen:

Vivek as MRR? :hammer: MRR styela Vivek pesaradha kaettu salichidhuchu.
Adhukku pesama Lollu Sabha Jeeva' va podalam.

NOV
12th February 2008, 07:28 AM
[tscii]
Vivek Meets Dr. M

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/2/12/nation/20298824&sec=nation

Vivek gets his wish

PUTRAJAYA: When Tamilnadu’s famed comedian A. Vivekanandan received a surprise call from Putrajaya granting his request to meet former prime minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad, he boarded the next plane to Kuala Lumpur without a second thought.

The popular comedian, better known as Vivek, arrived from Chennai yesterday morning and headed straight for the Perdana Leadership Foundation here to meet a man he most admired.

“Meeting Dr Mahathir is a dream come true. I compare him with (Dr APJ) Abdul Kalam (India’s former president).

“I have admired him from afar and have read a lot about him and the development he had brought to Malaysia.

“I have been waiting to see him for the last three years,” he said, adding that he missed an appointment three years ago when he was filming in Ipoh due to a massive traffic jam.

“Last month, I made another appointment to see him when I was filming here but he was not well and when I suddenly got a call yesterday, I came straight over,” he said, adding that he was now busy acting in five films.

Vivek, who presented Dr Mahathir with a Tanjore Plate made of copper and silver and a miniature Taj Mahal, was especially impressed with Dr Mahathir’s reply on what drove him.

“He immediately said that it was his love for the nation,” he said, adding that he would treasure the 30 minutes with Dr Mahathir forever.

Vivek had also asked the former Malaysian prime minister to autograph a book.

joe
12th February 2008, 07:36 AM
விவேக் மகாதீரோடு அப்படி என்ன வரலாற்று சிறப்பு மிக்க பேச்சுவார்த்தை நடத்தினார் ? :roll:

NOV
12th February 2008, 07:51 AM
adding that he would treasure the 30 minutes with Dr Mahathir forever. i guess just like we are fans of cinema stars, they too are fans of some ppl. :roll:

joe
12th February 2008, 08:00 AM
adding that he would treasure the 30 minutes with Dr Mahathir forever. i guess just like we are fans of cinema stars, they too are fans of some ppl. :roll:
:) :)

dinesh13284
12th February 2008, 11:00 AM
BTW who is Mahathir? i really dont know about him. :roll: Annyways, i would like to see him doing him MRR's Rathakaneer..

joe
12th February 2008, 11:09 AM
BTW who is Mahathir? i really dont know about him. :roll: Annyways, i would like to see him doing him MRR's Rathakaneer..

:shock: You Want Mahathir Mohammed to do MRR's Ratha Kaneer? He is already in 80s. :lol:

Btw,Mahathir is a former Prime minister of Malaysia for very long period.

raaja_rasigan
12th February 2008, 11:34 AM
idhukku oru thread-ah?

latest news-la potta agadha :P

dinesh13284
12th February 2008, 11:35 AM

:shock: You Want Mahathir Mohammed to do MRR's Ratha Kaneer? He is already in 80s. :lol:

Btw,Mahathir is a former Prime minister of Malaysia for very long period.
you mistook my words, i meant, i wanted to see vivek doing MRR's role.. :oops:

NOV
12th February 2008, 11:48 AM
idhukku oru thread-ah?why not?
vivEk definitely deserves a dedicated thread....

raaja_rasigan
12th February 2008, 11:50 AM

:)

Raikkonen
12th February 2008, 07:00 PM
Yepdi Iruntha Naan Ipdi Ayitten (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoSUUSV9REQ)

NOV
15th February 2008, 06:57 AM
[tscii]Not just for laughs

Indian satirist Vivek, who was in town recently, talks about his brand of humour with a purpose.

By NANTHA KUMAR
entertainment@thestar.com.my

SINCE the demise of M.R. Radha in 1979, there hasn’t been another actor in South India who could match the observational powers and caustic comedy of the versatile thespian. But there have been those brave enough to try. The best contemporary cinema offers – strictly in the art of satire – is Vivekanandhan, or Vivek as he is more commonly known.

Principally a comedian, Vivek’s comedy sketches invoke the Radha brand of humour and he has elicited comparisons with the 1960s icon.

Tamil movie comedian Vivek tackles social issues with humour.
“(I agree that) apart from M.R. Radha, I happen to be the only comedian to deal with social issues in a humorous manner, which explains the constant comparisons (with the late legend). But he has achieved so much and is a peerless artiste ... you can’t compare me with him. I’m only doing what my ability allows,” said the 47-year-old in an interview during a visit to Kuala Lumpur, which included a meeting with former Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad, of whom Vivek is a big fan.

“As a comedian, my forte is the social commentary embedded in my sketches. This happened by accident. I was introduced in 1987 in the movie Manathil Uruthi Veindum but I was at a crossroads until 1993 because I felt I was too qualified to be an actor!

Vivek had completed his masters degree before venturing into film; and after his first movie, he returned to his day job at the chief minister’s secretariat.

“It was two years before I was recalled for my second film, Balachander’s Pudhu Pudhu Arthangal, and that was the break which led to Tirunelveli in 1999. (Veteran actor) Prabhu showed me the completed film which was full of violence and conveyed issues of caste, creed and colour. Prabhu asked me to produce comedy sketches for it.”

Vivek stumbled upon the idea to parody the themes of Tirunelveli and embarked on his maiden stab in script writing for comedy sequences. Unlike Hollywood comedians who call upon a team of writers, Vivek went to long-time collaborators Prasanna Kumar and Murugan (who is also his manager). There were anxieties about whether such blunt remarks would be accepted by the masses.

But the media eventually responded with gratifying reviews. Public acceptance of the film and endorsements from Tamil film giants followed; superstar Rajinikanth even told Vivek that the sociopolitical slant to his humour would bring him fame and set him apart from his peers.

According to Vivek, there was a time when films centred on comedians.

“There are movies that became blockbuster hits because of Nagesh, Thangavelu and Chandrababu. But there was a gap in between the 1980s and 1990s after the attempts of Goundamani and Senthil to become heroes were not well received. After these two films flopped, the producers didn’t want to risk turning comedians into heroes. The trend has returned with the success of Vadivelu’s Imsai Arasan 23am Pulikesi,” he said.

Vivek – who last year played the hero in the yet-to-be-released Solli Adipean – enjoys sending messages through his movies.

“I see society from the perspective of an educated man. I’m rooted to what is happening on the ground and am a voracious reader; my humour reflects (the concerns and thoughts of the) society. I mean what I say.

“One observes a lot by watching so I watch, read and observe. I still have my tea at the stalls and I don’t read the magazines of the upper crust but those of the working class. So long as I’m close to the man in the street, I’m a successful comedian and I’m a flop when I drift away from him. I know that now.”

http://star-ecentral.com/news/story.asp?file=/2008/2/15/movies/20320036&sec=movies

Wibha
15th February 2008, 07:00 AM

:yes: he's is THE BEST :clap:

vivek you rock :D

Arthi
15th February 2008, 08:51 AM
Happy to see a dedicated thread for VIVEK

i like this style of sprinkling message in his comedy

Vivek: :thumbsup: :D

Roshan
15th February 2008, 09:09 AM
[tscii:ec88cafbbf]

“One observes a lot by watching so I watch, read and observe. I still have my tea at the stalls and I don’t read the magazines of the upper crust but those of the working class. So long as I’m close to the man in the street, I’m a successful comedian and I’m a flop when I drift away from him. I know that now.”

:thumbsup:

Vivek is my all time favourite comedian :D

[/tscii:ec88cafbbf]

Raikkonen
15th February 2008, 11:13 AM
i always had a great respect for Vivek, mainly because he has said many times that he loves Malaysia (even in interviews in India).. but i wont call him the best, but he's definitely lights years ahead of Imsai Arasan

Arthi
15th February 2008, 11:21 AM
His comedy is very decent which is one of the main reasons why i like him :D

raaja_rasigan
15th February 2008, 11:25 AM

In recent times, no one is decent in their comedy, including Gounder (my fav) but the percentage of decency varies

crajkumar_be
15th February 2008, 11:26 AM
ahaa, adutha round panjayat start aidum pola irukku :lol2:

Raikkonen
15th February 2008, 11:28 AM
Adappavegala >> Monthira Santhu.. :lol:

Arthi
15th February 2008, 11:28 AM

In recent times, no one is decent in their comedy, including Gounder (my fav) but the percentage of decency varies

:roll:

but u can't compare GOUNDER with him i suppose :wink:
GOUNDER is meant for double meaning

RR this is my opinion :shaking: don't mean to hurt you :D

Nerd
15th February 2008, 11:30 AM
but u can't compare GOUNDER with him i suppose :wink:
GOUNDER is meant for double meaning

:shock: vivEk pEsaatha double meaning-A.. Even in the latest sivaji there were at least a couple of them.. :twisted:

Arthi
15th February 2008, 11:32 AM
I don't like any dialog which has (VULGUR)double meaning in it :)

I LIKE LIKE LIKE VIVEK Comedy :D

Arthi
15th February 2008, 11:33 AM
Vivek is the best amongst the comedian in HIS periods :thumbsup:

raaja_rasigan
15th February 2008, 11:36 AM

I LIKE LIKE LIKE VIVEK Comedy :D

I LIKE LIKE LIKE VIVEK Comedy without any double meaning - idha add pannikkanga

raaja_rasigan
15th February 2008, 11:38 AM
but u can't compare GOUNDER with him i suppose

I won't do that mistake :)

Arthi
15th February 2008, 11:39 AM
as i said already DOUBLE (VULGER)meaning i don't like... WHOEVER it is

comapred to all comedians he is the BEST IMHO, his comedies accomdate social message also :thumbsup:

Wibha
15th February 2008, 11:39 AM
His comedy is very decent which is one of the main reasons why i like him :Dno kidding :D......his jokes are like so decent and modest.......he does get a lil cheap but its tolerable..........the comedians thwse days are so cheap :x and the slang they use :x

Arthi
15th February 2008, 11:41 AM
yes Wibha reiterates my opinion abt VIVEK :D

Raikkonen
15th February 2008, 11:44 AM
i was one of the first to jump on Vivek's bandwagon during thirunelveli,sudanthiram,lovely days, but later i realized he is not that great. On current crop of comedians (i exclude legend Gounder), he is the best, because others just shout and get beaten up by random guys (sometimes by kids) for no reason..

Wibha
15th February 2008, 11:46 AM

I LIKE LIKE LIKE VIVEK Comedy :D:yes: and even the way he dresses is decent..........vadivelu with his tied up veshti :x he thinks its funny but its really disgusting...........IMO nagesh,cho,vivek are THE BEST.....period......senthil in some movies

Arthi
15th February 2008, 11:47 AM
yes Raikkonen... i just hate ppl just shouting and getting beaten up in the name of comedy... no standards in it :x

littlemaster1982
15th February 2008, 11:52 AM
His comedy is very decent which is one of the main reasons why i like him :Dno kidding :D......his jokes are like so decent and modest.......he does get a lil cheap but its tolerable..........the comedians thwse days are so cheap :x and the slang they use :x

Ithellam rommmmbbbba over-ungov :twisted:

Arthi
15th February 2008, 11:57 AM

I LIKE LIKE LIKE VIVEK Comedy :D:yes: and even the way he dresses is decent..........vadivelu with his tied up veshti :x he thinks its funny but its really disgusting...........IMO nagesh,cho,vivek are THE BEST.....period......senthil in some movies

hey wibha happy to see ur taste :yes: I second ur comedians list

I think vivek is the GUY who changed the comedy trend.
comedien means he looks illetrate or innocent getting bash from hero or his fellow comedian....

VIVEK is the COMEDIAN who changed this sick theme

Wibha
15th February 2008, 11:59 AM
yea raiks.......like it makes no sense :x summa evano adipaanam,ivan vaangipaanam :banghead: idhellam comedy :x and that's one reason I hate koundamani senthil combo too......

Arthi
15th February 2008, 12:01 PM
i like senthil... but not GOUNDAMANI :x

even i like Vadivelu only he pairs with paarthiban....

my all time fav is VIVEK :thumbsup:

Wibha
15th February 2008, 12:05 PM
aarthi akka Great MINDS THINK ALIKE :D.....
yea senthil injeans or boys was good.........koundamani indian was good........... vivek is evergreen :notworthy:

Arthi
15th February 2008, 12:10 PM
yes same pinchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :D

I like his comedy in kaadhal sadugudu superb comedy + message too :)

even i like diversion comedy in Vijay's picture Thirumalai :)

nice ones :D

raaja_rasigan
15th February 2008, 12:15 PM
yea senthil injeans or boys was good.........koundamani indian was good...........

idhuku neenga simple-ah sankar comedies pidikkum-nu pottukalam :)

raaja_rasigan
15th February 2008, 12:18 PM

Ithellam rommmmbbbba over-ungov :twisted:

last week i saw a vivek comedy from kalvanin kadhali (s j suryah - nayanthara film)

I too like some comedies from vivek eg: Dhool (this too has a lot of double meanings)

Arthi
15th February 2008, 12:19 PM
yea senthil injeans or boys was good.........koundamani indian was good...........

idhuku neenga simple-ah sankar comedies pidikkum-nu pottukalam :)

:rotfl: :rotfl:

littlemaster1982
15th February 2008, 12:21 PM
My favs of him: Vaali, 12B, Dhool, Boys, Sivaji, Anniyan. Avlodhaan :|

Roshan
15th February 2008, 12:22 PM

Same here :) And the 'hit' comedies of Goundamani were mostly when he got himself combined with Senthil. Senthil has played a vital role in GM's success but that's hardly mentioned. romba satham pOdAma, athigam pEsAma - 'innocent comedy' paNNi sirrikka vekka mudiyum SenthilAla. That's a rare talent and I see that talent in Paandi from Kana Kaanum KaalangaL. But I would rate Paandi a little above Senthil mainly because of his timing sense. He is also good at serious acting and possesses skills like singing, dancing etc

Anyway, Vivek is the ultimate :thumbsup:

Nerd
15th February 2008, 12:22 PM
peNNin manadhai thottu?? Actually I liked his associations with Vijay.. Badri/thamizhan/Youth etc..,

GoundamaNi.........VadivEl.. Daylight.. Vivek :P

littlemaster1982
15th February 2008, 12:24 PM
peNNin manadhai thottu?? Actually I liked his associations with Vijay.. Badri/thamizhan/Youth etc..,

GoundamaNi.........VadivEl.. Daylight.. Vivek :P

That's one of his *decent* comedies. So I don't like that much.

And my order of preference is same as yours ;)

Wibha
15th February 2008, 12:24 PM
[tscii:17cf699b94]lm RR I don't seny the fact that vivek doesn't have double meanings or anysuch thing.......but his comedies can be rejoiced even if u don't understand the pun he intends........and I do like other koundamani jokes I just don't know the name of thémovie...........[/tscii:17cf699b94]

Roshan
15th February 2008, 12:25 PM

Thirunalveli, Run, MinnalE, Dum Dum Dum, Paalayathu Amman, Dhil, University ippadi sollittE pOgalAm... I wonder why Run and MinnalE are not in your list LM :roll: They were great comedies.

Arthi
15th February 2008, 12:26 PM

Same here :) And the 'hit' comedies of Goundamani were mostly when he got himself combined with Senthil. Senthil has played a vital role in GM's success but that's hardly mentioned. romba satham pOdAma, athigam pEsAma - 'innocent comedy' paNNi sirrikka vekka mudiyum SenthilAla. That's a rare talent and I see that talent in Paandi from Kana Kaanum KaalangaL. But I would rate Paandi a little above Senthil mainly because of his timing sense. He is also good at serious acting and possesses skills like singing, dancing etc

Anyway, Vivek is the ultimate :thumbsup:

u r very rite... senthil is simply suberb... he voice is the greatest + point for him and his face too...
I like him :) .. all his comedies are so good & he never insult others in his comedies....

littlemaster1982
15th February 2008, 12:27 PM
Vivek comedies are not that great for me after few times of viewing :|

crajkumar_be
15th February 2008, 12:28 PM

:yes:
Dum Dum Dum was also ultimate.. Saamy etc etc.. and "Middleclass Madhavan" or some similar low budget kudumba padathula there are some gems in that like "I will try my best" :rotfl:

I like the comedy of all 3 almost equally but with a slight margin, my order is Vadivel followed by Gounder/Vivek

Wibha
15th February 2008, 12:29 PM
roshan and RT so true about senthil.....comedy gets cheap wen there are insults and beatings and senthil has always kept up his standards.........plus his dialogue delivery is GOOD

littlemaster1982
15th February 2008, 12:29 PM

Thirunalveli, Run, MinnalE, Dum Dum Dum, Paalayathu Amman, Dhil, University ippadi sollittE pOgalAm... I wonder why Run and MinnalE are not in your list LM :roll: They were great comedies.

Missed Dumm Dumm Dumm & Palayatthu Amman (That Yagava munivar interview :lol:). Minnale and Run were good when I saw them first. Adhukkappuram bore adichuduchu.

raaja_rasigan
15th February 2008, 12:31 PM
Run

When i saw this film (i was in college & no one knows what wud be the story & presentation, ) we never expected an action film from Maddy & finally i thought that vivek's scenes are speedbraker for a neat & crisp film..... even songs picturisation were good & vidyasagar was at his peak

Roshan
15th February 2008, 12:31 PM

appO eppadi Vadivelu comedy'a thAngikkureenga.. :roll: enakku orE padathula rendu moonu scenleyE vaazhkkai veRuthudum.

Nerd
15th February 2008, 12:32 PM
Bang on! Even I was a huge fan of vivek until 2005 :roll: But his comedies don't stand the test of time, at least for me. Goundar/VadivEl one-liners ellAm eppO vENAlum pAkkalam and they are the most quoted among general fublic..

Wibha
15th February 2008, 12:33 PM
I love his minnale, run , vishwanathan rammurthy :rotfl2: he's great......dumm dumm dumm , the lil punches in boys, anniyan , whistle, thirumalai, mandhai tirudivitaai or sthing, and then that balachandar movie 'innaiki setha naalaiku paal' :rotfl2: my all times.....there r more can't remember :D

Wibha
15th February 2008, 12:33 PM
repeat

ajithfederer
15th February 2008, 12:34 PM
Vivek comedies decent-uh :twisted:

EKHI :cry:

Roshan
15th February 2008, 12:34 PM

Missed Dumm Dumm Dumm & Palayatthu Amman (That Yagava munivar interview :lol:). Minnale and Run were good when I saw them first. Adhukkappuram bore adichuduchu.

Class that is :thumbsup: :lol: I have seen it 'n' number of times. His accent, tone, facial expressions... superb :clap:

MADDY
15th February 2008, 12:36 PM
anyday, i prefer vivek over vadivel........but goundar is always the champion......extending wat PR said once, some comedians make us smile, some make us laugh, some make us :rotfl: ..........vadivel, vivek&sv.shekhar , Goundar belong to respective categories IMO

reg vulgarity - i would say, ppl. get wat they like...... :huh:

raaja_rasigan
15th February 2008, 12:36 PM

Lord labakku das & still he uses this ..

I too like PMT.... some how recent vivek's jokes are not even making me to smile

crajkumar_be
15th February 2008, 12:37 PM
Bang on! Even I was a huge fan of vivek until 2005 :roll: But his comedies don't stand the test of time, at least for me. Goundar/VadivEl one-liners ellAm eppO vENAlum pAkkalam and they are the most quoted among general fublic..
:rotfl: :exactly:

Each has his own strength and Vivek's strength IMO is his incredible wit. Maybe thats why the fun sometimes decreases on repeat viewings.. However, a few of his comedies can be watched even now without aluppu.. (Dum Dum Dum is one which comes to mind immediately)

littlemaster1982

appO eppadi Vadivelu comedy'a thAngikkureenga.. :roll: enakku orE padathula rendu moonu scenleyE vaazhkkai veRuthudum.

Roshan,

It's all about personal preference :)

But Vivek's comedies don't stand the test of time, at least for me. Goundar/VadivEl one-liners ellAm eppO vENAlum pAkkalam and they are the most quoted among general fublic..

Couldn't agree more.

Roshan

:yes: compared to the Vulgar dialogues and expressions of GM's comedy.

raaja_rasigan
15th February 2008, 12:43 PM

even i am using some of vadivelu's within my circle, like:

basement strong building weak

but Gounder - Message + Punch + nakkal = 3 in 1

MADDY
all ladies dont like Goundar :shock: .....my mom,. periamma, aunts - most females dont like goundar :roll: ...........here in hub too, sp akka, roshan, wibha, arthi - annana pathhi naamellam oorukulla nalladha solli veikkala - annan nallavaru, vallavaru nnu sollanum :lol:

Roshan
Budget Padmanabhan, Paarthiban Kanavu'nu now I am reminded of many Vivek classics.

Top 10 movies style'la Ramya Krishnana kattikka pORa Prabhu pathi Vivek paNNum vimarsanam ... and finally when he finishes he would say 'mothathil, Padhmanaabhan - Budget !!!'

ajithfederer
15th February 2008, 12:45 PM
We never claimed that GM is decent and the point here is Vivek ain't decent either :lol2: :rotfl:
Vivek's one - liners wont fall under the decent category in any cases. Especially the ones he makes wrt female characters. Example ellam inge solla venamnu paakurein :oops:

:yes: compared to the Vulgar dialogues and expressions of GM's comedy.

Roshan
15th February 2008, 12:46 PM
all ladies dont like Goundar :shock: .....my mom,. periamma, aunts - most females dont like goundar :roll: ...........here in hub too, sp akka, roshan, wibha, arthi - annana pathhi naamellam oorukulla nalladha solli veikkala - annan nallavaru, vallavaru nnu sollanum :lol:

True !! and most of the ladies like Vivek :D

raaja_rasigan
15th February 2008, 12:46 PM

kurippa oor pombalainga kitta :lol:

Annan Gounder vazhga

May be vivek decent-ah vulgarity use panradhale female audience-a pudichittaru

joe
15th February 2008, 12:52 PM
Best Vivek comedies are..

"ஏண்டா ! உள்ள இருக்குற 750 ஸ்பேர் பார்ட்ஸ்ல ஓடாத வண்டி இந்த ஒரு எலுமிச்சம் பழத்துலையா ஓடப் போகுது"

"அடேய் சிங்! ஆள் இல்லாத கடையில யாருக்குடா டீ ஆத்துர ! உன் கடமை உணர்ச்சிக்கு ஒரு அளவே இல்லியா!" :lol:

ajithfederer
15th February 2008, 12:52 PM
:P

Roshan
15th February 2008, 12:57 PM

"ஏண்டா ! உள்ள இருக்குற 750 ஸ்பேர் பார்ட்ஸ்ல ஓடாத வண்டி இந்த ஒரு எலுமிச்சம் பழத்துலையா ஓடப் போகுது"

"அடேய் சிங்! ஆள் இல்லாத கடையில யாருக்குடா டீ ஆத்துர ! உன் கடமை உணர்ச்சிக்கு ஒரு அளவே இல்லியா!" :lol:

What about the 'Parasakthi Scene' in Paalayathu Amman? 'en pErO kalyAna Raaman .. MangalgaramAna Peyar.. ' :lol:

... 'Chennai yennai pOdA veNNai enRathu' :lol:

raaja_rasigan
15th February 2008, 01:06 PM

enna AF... vera yedho padichaen.... konjam kann asarradhukkula edit pannitteenga

raaja_rasigan
15th February 2008, 01:08 PM

What about the 'Parasakthi Scene' in Paalayathu Amman? 'en pErO kalyAna Raaman .. MangalgaramAna Peyar.. ' :lol:

as LM told.. its actually one's preference...

neenga solradhellam just ulta of a famous scene.... idha Ananda vikatan-laye vara varam panraanga

joe
15th February 2008, 01:11 PM

Kalyasi
15th February 2008, 01:24 PM

Yes his comedy in Lovely and Run were also good..

Wibha
15th February 2008, 01:28 PM
i missed alli thandha vaanam :( "unaku tamizh pesa varadha" :rotfl2:

perazhagan "periya hallmark jewlery kada :rotfl:"

saamy- "ezhara potu kaamikarean" :lol2:

thamizhan

badri :lol2:

paarthalea paravasam :rotfl: :rotfl2:

Roshan
15th February 2008, 01:46 PM
i missed alli thandha vaanam :( "unaku tamizh pesa varadha" :rotfl2:

perazhagan "periya hallmark jewlery kada :rotfl:"

saamy- "ezhara potu kaamikarean" :lol2:

thamizhan

badri :lol2:

paarthalea paravasam :rotfl: :rotfl2:

:yes: :yes:

PaarthAlE Paravasam :rotfl:

kaasa muzhunguna payyana vAnthi edukkuRa mAthiri sound kodukka solRathu.. koonal patient'a nimiRa vekkiRathu :rotfl:

Room'kulla thaniyA, vEgamA nadanthukittu Madhavana thittuRathu.. appuRam Madhavan munnAdi bayantha mAthiri nadikkiRathu :rotfl:

ajithfederer
16th February 2008, 01:38 AM
Vivek's best has to be run. :rotfl:. I still remember the cold stares I received in response from my parents (dad especially) when i was laughing for the jokes he makes on his father in the movie :oops:

ajithfederer
16th February 2008, 02:02 AM
Arasiyalla ithellam satharanamappa :P. Your avatar is good :)

enna AF... vera yedho padichaen.... konjam kann asarradhukkula edit pannitteenga

Wibha
16th February 2008, 01:38 PM
Vivek's best has to be run. :rotfl:. I still remember the cold stares I received in response from my parents (dad especially) when i was laughing for the jokes he makes on his father in the movie :oops:

this is funnier than vivek's :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lol2:

Arthi
16th February 2008, 04:05 PM
Samathu payyanu ninaichEn ungalai :x

:rotfl: :rotfl:

ajithfederer
17th February 2008, 01:50 AM
Thats just a film Arthi :)

Arthi
17th February 2008, 08:47 AM
Thats just a film Arthi :)

hey i know.. i was just kidding ....want to use the word SAMATHU PAYYAN :P :D

Roshan
17th February 2008, 10:57 PM

:lol: "thaNNiya kudi thaNNiya kudi" - the way he says it :rotfl:

raaja_rasigan
18th February 2008, 12:34 PM
Your avatar is good :)

:D

<dig>
Last saturday saw 2 films:

Gentleman - this film has one of the most vulgar comedy i have ever seen

Chinna gounder - NO vulgarity

Gounder rocks in both the films.

Whom do u blame for the vulgarity: gounder or Sankar?

AFAIK, Gounder doen't had his group of writers & artists like vivek & vadivelu used to have for their tracks, Gounder gives what the director wants.

From sankar's track record, he somehow in every/most of the films goes for this "kavarchi" items.
<end dig>

Roshan
18th February 2008, 01:33 PM
Your avatar is good :)

<dig>
Last saturday saw 2 films:

Gentleman - this film has one of the most vulgar comedy i have ever seen

I too saw it on Saturday on Sun and was kind of :shock: :shock: :shock: for those vulgar dialogues of GM :evil: :twisted: :x I simply couldnt believe as to how it escaped from the censors. Mute-kooda kedeyAthu. Disgusting to the core :hammer: :hammer: And I have never seen such disgusting and vulgar comedy in any movies.

GM :hammer:

Shankar :hammer: :curse:

Raja Rasigan,

GM too had a separate team/person to pen his dialogues. I very well remember reading some articles/interviews in this regard. But I am unable to recollect the name of the person who wrote the script for GM. If I remember correct most of the hit comedies of GM-Senthil combo were written by this person. Later on GM and that person split up due to some issues. Hope die hard GM fans like Prabhu can clarify on this more :)

raaja_rasigan
18th February 2008, 01:39 PM
he is A.Veerappan.... its not a team (i guess)

Roshan
18th February 2008, 01:46 PM

Vivek-ku rendu pEru - ivarukku oruthar - it does not make a difference I guess :) And avarukku vEReyA script ezhutha yaarum irukkalannu sonneenga, that's why I had to clarify, as I thought you were not aware of it :)

raaja_rasigan
18th February 2008, 02:03 PM

Vivek-ku rendu pEru - ivarukku oruthar - it does not make a difference I guess :) And avarukku vEReyA script ezhutha yaarum irukkalannu sonneenga, that's why I had to clarify, as I thought you were not aware of it :)

what i meant to say is vivek comedigalil avarudaya involvement irukkum (vivek is also writer & has a lot of thiramaigal like kadhai kavidhai etc.).... but for GM it won't be (i think so)..... so GM edhu panna sonnalum pannuvar (to an extent)... as an example I have given 2 extremes of comedies in his style, GM (Gentleman :)) & CG (Chinna Gounder :))

Roshan
18th February 2008, 02:18 PM

what i meant to say is vivek comedigalil avarudaya involvement irukkum (vivek is also writer & has a lot of thiramaigal like kadhai kavidhai etc.).... but for GM it won't be (i think so)..... so GM edhu panna sonnalum pannuvar (to an extent)... as an example I have given 2 extremes of comedies in his style, GM (Gentleman :)) & CG (Chinna Gounder :))

8-) But ethu paNNa sonnAlum paNNuRathu is questionable. Anyway, let us get back to Chinna Kalaivaanar :)

Roshan
21st February 2008, 11:43 PM
SUN TV (or K TV) is showing 'Thenkaasi Pattanam' coming Saturday. Another great piece of comedy by Vivek - from start to end. Maadu vEsham pOduRa scenes :rotfl: :rotfl2:

Wibha
22nd February 2008, 05:55 AM
SUN TV (or K TV) is showing 'Thenkaasi Pattanam' coming Saturday. Another great piece of comedy by Vivek - from start to end. Maadu vEsham pOduRa scenes :rotfl: :rotfl2:

:yes: u should watch the movie JUST for vivek :rotfl2:

and in the song :lol2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Raikkonen
23rd February 2008, 11:25 AM
That's a remake, btw.. But i liked Charlie more than Vivek in that movie, but shame that, Charlie never gets recognition he deserves.. But Vivek rocked in the movie seriously,easily surpassed everybody except Napoleon in terms of performance.. the cow kaamedy is still one of my fav ever.. :thumbsup:

Raikkonen
23rd February 2008, 11:26 AM
My fav bittu in the movie was

Vivek: Hey, intha dressle naan ambala matiri irukkana, illa pombalai mari irukkana
Heroine: Rendum kalantha matiri irukku
Vivek: Athan 9 manikku vanthen

:rotfl:

P_R
23rd February 2008, 01:10 PM
A.Veerappan used to write for the Goundamani-Senthil pair during their hey-dey. Think some village film with 5-6 scenes for the pair and each scene having some sequence of events/joke etc. Later he operated with a team too.

What makes GM stand apart is not the jokes/engineered sequences etc. but his trademark dismissive style that permeates across all films (oru kuchchiyila Ottai pOttu mooNu maNi nEraMA oodhikkittu irukkaan andha bulp-u thalaiyan)
and unbelievable timing (enna da vEt I say).

And of course the signature extension-of-logic-to-absurd-proportions Oh appO sOru kEttA arisi-yum sudu thaNNiyum kuduppeengaLA...ennanga daa unga five star hotel ?

As I have said numerous times: GM just does not require a line to make things funny. It is just his personality that makes the difference.

I don't buy the defence that GM was not in a position to 'choose' what he wanted to do. His market position was such that, if he wanted he could have avoided vulgar comedy.

But GM's comedy was all about pushing the envelope. The 'irreverence' itself would horrify a lot of people. Absolutely no respect for age, no chivalry, no respect for existing customs, no veneration of verbal comedy at the expense of slapstick (though he is excellent in both). It is in the same sense that he did not check himself when it came to vulgar comedy.

What shall we say: absolutely socially irresponsible.
He never made any claims of being socially responsible either :P

MakkaLukku neenga enna solla virumbureenga
Silpa Kumar: Naan indha varusham 10 padam nadikkirEn....aduththa varusham 20 padam nadikkappOren....ellAthayum paathuttu theLivu aayidunga

P_R
23rd February 2008, 02:24 PM
I shall summarily ignore the argument thaat Vivek is not vulgar or not as vulgar. The argument is certainly funnier than Vivek nowadays.

GM's genius remains vastly under appreciated. Of course he had a long and successful career. But that's not what I meant. His style and originality are unprecedented in the history of film. That has not been underlined enough. Laurel & Hardy are vastly overrated compared to Goundamani and Senthil.

As I type this a whole bunch GM scenes come rushing to mind and I can't stop smiling even as I think of them (no-one has come even remotely close).

Agree that women don't like GM (can't help thinking of GM's hey ladiessss ladiessss). You hear the same old complaint which smacks of superficiality: "he is loud,crass..blah blah blah". I will resist the temptation to go into a tangent on female psychology, sense-of-humour etc. (that will be suicidal to my evangelical mission :P !).

Personal experience: I have got many of my female relatives and friends to get past this initial reluctance to get to see his slightly more 'gentle' verbal humour: like Satyaraj combinations.

My rating scale: Vadivelu>Nagesh>Manivannan-Vivek

Arthi
23rd February 2008, 03:21 PM

Vivek: Hey, intha dressle naan ambala matiri irukkana, illa pombalai mari irukkana

saami padam inniki tv la paarkalaam
waiting to see Vivek's comedy :redjump:

Gaza
23rd February 2008, 03:25 PM
i hate watching goundamani fr many reasons...he is a disgrace to comedy...i prefer vivek to him anyday...

Arthi
23rd February 2008, 03:28 PM
i hate watching goundamani fr many reasons...he is a disgrace to comedy...i prefer vivek to him anyday...

:D :thumbsup:

Raikkonen
23rd February 2008, 04:53 PM
PR :thumbsup: Gounder is the greatest.. Gounder > Nagesh > Vivek > Tengai/Tangavelu/Senthil/JBC/Manivannan > charlie/vam/dhamu>Vadivel.. :oops: wrong thread:

Devar Magan
23rd February 2008, 05:06 PM

:D :thumbsup: :evil:

vivek is the real disgrace to comedy these days.. goundamani is the ever-green comedy king

Arthi
23rd February 2008, 05:24 PM

:D :thumbsup: :evil:

vivek is the real disgrace to comedy these days.. goundamani is the ever-green comedy king

:shock: same reaction for both ur sentences

Arthi
23rd February 2008, 09:06 PM
Has anybody see SAAMI picuture?
I saw today in sun tv. i liked this comedy though i can't laugh much, the message in his comedy was simply superb :thumbsup:

littlemaster1982
23rd February 2008, 09:17 PM
I saw today in sun tv. i liked this comedy though i can't laugh much, the message in his comedy was simply superb :thumbsup:

Arthi
23rd February 2008, 09:18 PM

vEra vazhi illai... vivek pidikkum garadhukaaga... kaNmoodithanama support paNNa mudiyadhu illaya :D

littlemaster1982
23rd February 2008, 09:23 PM
Arthi,

Asattittinga :clap:

Arthi
23rd February 2008, 09:27 PM
Arthi,

I never support anyone unconditionally but reiterating Vivek is the best amongst all comedians, who used comedy as a tool & does to some extent social service too :thumbsup:

Devar Magan
23rd February 2008, 10:51 PM
Arthi,

I never support anyone unconditionally but reiterating Vivek is the best amongst all comedians, who used comedy as a tool & does to some extent social service too :thumbsup: arthi,

vivek nowadays is very bad at comedy..so he got desperate and now his comedy is either vulgar or mokkai

Arthi
23rd February 2008, 11:00 PM
Arthi,

I never support anyone unconditionally but reiterating Vivek is the best amongst all comedians, who used comedy as a tool & does to some extent social service too :thumbsup: arthi,

vivek nowadays is very bad at comedy..so he got desperate and now his comedy is either vulgar or mokkai

mokkai i also agree... in sami picture more than 80% it was mokkai :x

but i don't agree that he is bad at comedy.. he is good & the best in my opinion :D

Roshan
23rd February 2008, 11:11 PM

:lol: and his expressions :lol:

Though it's a remake I dont think the comedy dialogues would have been the same as the original. Vivek was the real hero - laugh riot from start to end. I first watched this movie on DVD with some friends. Cow scenes vanthappA sirichu sirichu vayiRu vali eduthu - appuRam padatha niRuthittu konjam thaNNi kudichu relax paNNittuthAn thirumba padatha pArthOm. As you said Charlie too was good in that scene and then Kumarimuthu :lol:

Roshan
23rd February 2008, 11:15 PM
Arthi,

I will not agree. Paramasivan, thiruttupayalE etc. were quite good though not as good as his previous flicks. Talking about desperation - I am ONLY reminded of Gounder and how desperate and low he got when he started losing his market. Athukku Vivek 1000 times better.

Arthi
23rd February 2008, 11:17 PM
Arthi,

I will not agree. Paramasivan, thiruttupayalE etc. were quite good though not as good as his previous flicks. Talking about desperation - I am ONLY reminded of Gounder and how desperate and low he got when he started losing his market. Athukku Vivek 1000 times better.

Roshan :thumbsup: u r 100% rite :D

Vivek is not at all desperate, he is very innovative in his comedy.

Roshan
23rd February 2008, 11:18 PM
Arthi,

mokkai i also agree... in sami picture more than 80% it was mokkai :x

but i don't agree that he is bad at comedy.. he is good & the best in my opinion :D

I too agree but still I enjoyed it for the sake of balance 20% :)

'ukkkkkArumOi yEzharaiyE pOttu kAttuREn :lol:

Arthi
23rd February 2008, 11:23 PM
Roshan: Yes i too enjoyed, bcoz the message he conveyed to the soceity was gud.

In all the scenes he gave some message, so in SAMI picture his mokkai was tolerable

i simply like Vivek's comedy, i havenot enjoyed anyone's performance as that of Vivek's. no chance

P_R
23rd February 2008, 11:41 PM
As I have mentioned in my previous posts neither Vivek not Gounder have steered clear of vulgar comedy. Ennamo vulgarity-nnAlE GM appidinnu pEsakkoodaadhu. I can quote several examples even from his "celebrated" comic scenes.....even from scenes discussed in the thread thus far.But that is neither appropriate for the audience nor for the thread.

adhE samayam GM naalE vulgarity dhaan appidingra maadhiri pEsunaa , adhu summa pEsaNum-ngradhukkaaga pEsuradhu.
It would be a dishonest line of argument.

So I suggest we stick to sharing Vivek's humorous scenes here.

Roshan
24th February 2008, 12:21 AM
As I have mentioned in my previous posts neither Vivek not Gounder have steered clear of vulgar comedy. Ennamo vulgarity-nnAlE GM appidinnu pEsakkoodaadhu. I can quote several examples even from his "celebrated" comic scenes.....even from scenes discussed in the thread thus far.But that is neither appropriate for the audience nor for the thread.

1. adhE samayam GM naalE vulgarity dhaan appidingra maadhiri pEsunaa , adhu summa pEsaNum-ngradhukkaaga pEsuradhu. It would be a dishonest line of argument.

2. So I suggest we stick to sharing Vivek's humorous scenes here.

1. If I remember correct no body said so. GM pEra inga first kondu vanthathE oru ardent GM fanthAn.

2. Agreed :) But I would like to reiterate the request to all GM fans. If they dont have anything to share about Vivek's movies and scenes that they enjoyed, they can very well keep themselves away from this thread instead of unnecessarily posting counter arguments and attacking Vivek. Vivek's comedies are decent'nu yArAvathu post paNNa ethukku kuRippA Gounder fans offend aaganumnu enakku puriyala :roll:

Arthi
24th February 2008, 08:20 AM
1. If I remember correct no body said so. GM pEra inga first kondu vanthathE oru ardent GM fanthAn.

2. Agreed :) But I would like to reiterate the request to all GM fans. If they dont have anything to share about Vivek's movies and scenes that they enjoyed, they can very well keep themselves away from this thread instead of unnecessarily posting counter arguments and attacking Vivek. Vivek's comedies are decent'nu yArAvathu post paNNa ethukku kuRippA Gounder fans offend aaganumnu enakku puriyala :roll:

:yes: we never talk abt GM, and in all my posts i never forget to add a statement "IMO". opinions differ, i do agree.it is not necessary everyone should like the particular comedian

yes, those who likes Vivek jokes, they feel his jokes are very decent, why do GM fans come into picture, no one has told anything about GM& it has nothing to do with GM.

letz talk only about Vivek and his comedy. there is a seperate thread for other comedians too.

P_R
24th February 2008, 10:13 AM
In Page 2, when Arthi mentioned that Vivek is favourite because he is decent, R_R said no-one is decent. And he was indicating that he is no coming down just on Vivek and said that even his favourite GM can be charged with indecency.

This is the first mention of Gounder in the thread and it was not brought in as comparison point but only to add fairness to a general statment that "no-one is clean".

The harping on decency as if it is Vivek's USP was so factually incorrect that Nerd,LM and later Feddy objected.

Thereafter there was a "who-is-more-indecent" kind of argument.
Tolerable cheapness -whatever that is ! You can go back and se who made such a line of argument.

Here again Feddy and I, bursting with examples that would demolish this argument, are checking ourselves for the very same "decency".

While Maddy,LM have said in more than one occasion that "it was a matter of personal preference, please take a look at
the words you folks have been using against GM : see hate :mad: disgrace

DM reacted to the word disgrace and even a superficial read of his post will tell you it was a reflex reaction. Even there he was careful enough to mention "nowadays" when discussing Vivek.

Vivek's comedies are decent'nu yArAvathu post paNNa ethukku kuRippA Gounder fans offend aaganumnu enakku puriyala
Offend ellAm romba periya vaarththai :-)
Objection would be a more proportionate word.
The objection is on two grounds.
1. Vivek comedies are decent - is a patently false statement.
2. It has been suggested that "only" Vivek's comedy is decent (i.e. I like him because of "decency".....I hate GM,Vadivel because they are vulgar,crass..) - that obviously calls for objection.

yes, those who likes Vivek jokes, they feel his jokes are very decent, why do GM fans come into picture, no one has told anything about GM& it has nothing to do with GM. :-) That is not true.

P_R
24th February 2008, 10:14 AM
letz talk only about Vivek and his comedy. I agree.
I will kick it off with with some undernoticed Vivek scenes:
Early days he had this knack of cracking jokes very quickly in the passing

In the movie NanbargaL, everyone is playing cards at Nagesh's house. A plate of freshly fried Bajji arrives....everyone plunges in anf Vivek has a piece of Bajji stuck inbetween his eye and spectacles
"Sorry Sir....kaNNu maNNu theriyaama saaptuttEn" :lol:

Arthi
24th February 2008, 10:19 AM
yes, those who likes Vivek jokes, they feel his jokes are very decent, why do GM fans come into picture, no one has told anything about GM& it has nothing to do with GM. :-) That is not true.[/quote]

I wanted to say that whoever support Vivek haev not spoken about GM first... we all were enjoying /sharing Vivek's sense of humour :D

I agree, Letz stick to Vivek discussion here :)

raaja_rasigan
24th February 2008, 11:29 AM
A lot of discussions :)

Let me stick to vivek :oops:

In SAMMY:

Vivek's wife to vivek: yenna..... crappu vettikka koodadha

vivek: 2005-la idhudhan fashion aaga pogudhu.. appo paru Captain vijayakanth kooda indha styleladhan irupparu :lol:

-------------------------------
i feel that personally vivek likes vijayakanth (as i say in all other threads, most people like him for his good works)

some years back i read a news that vivek has developed a script (a thriller)for vijayakanth to be directed by vivek himself...... somehow it doesn't happen

Arthi
24th February 2008, 11:39 AM
RR
yaarmElayum thappu illa... namaku pidicha comedian-a support paNNunpodhu.. nambala ariyaama aduthavanga pathi pEsidarOm :oops:

/digression
teacher:
i started going through the pCB material :D

Roshan
24th February 2008, 12:46 PM
Thereafter there was a "who-is-more-indecent" kind of argument.
Tolerable cheapness -whatever that is ! You can go back and se who made such a line of argument.

:) haha it was 'adiyEn' who made that line of argument. It's because Feddy as usual was trying to pull my legs and tease me :evil: :lol: So Bathilukku avara tease paNNuRathukkAga pOtta post adhu :P It was purely a tete-a-tete kind. Nothing was intended there except teasing each other. And this kind of teasing happens between me and Feddy often ( the recent one was in awards thread regarding Jyothika :lol: )

DM reacted to the word disgrace and even a superficial read of his post will tell you it was a reflex reaction. Even there he was careful enough to mention "nowadays" when discussing Vivek.

intha 'Nowadays' term pothuvA ellA artiste'kum - yEn ellA manushangaLukkum porunthum. idhu namma periyavanga 'antha kAlathula pOla'nu aarambichu azhuthukkuRa mAthiri oru vishayam :lol: Vivek cannot be seen as an exception. AdhathAn nAn solla vanthEn :)

Offend ellAm romba periya vaarththai :-)
Objection would be a more proportionate word.
The objection is on two grounds.
1. Vivek comedies are decent - is a patently false statement.
2. It has been suggested that "only" Vivek's comedy is decent (i.e. I like him because of "decency".....I hate GM,Vadivel because they are vulgar,crass..) - that obviously calls for objection.

Agreed ! yArumE perfect kedeyAthu . But there is something called tolerance level. AdhuthAn ellAthukkum base. Again it's one's own perception and the tolerance limit varies person to person (eppadi namma Bala'ku Oram Po pidikkalaiyO, antha mAthiri :lol: ). Adhula konjam bias kalanthirukkum, specially when it's your own favourite. Adha mannichu vitturalAm.

ajithfederer
24th February 2008, 01:02 PM
Hello I was advocating the truth and i never intended to pull your legs. I entered this thread only at the 5th page seeing posts which claimed that viveks jokes are decent. And reg Jyothika hub award, I still maintain that she overacts :lol2:.
Both are my opinions and certainly not attempts to instigate fellow hubbers. (Nambarathum nambatathum unga ishtam) :P

:) haha it was 'adiyEn' who made that line of argument. It's because Feddy as usual was trying to pull my legs and tease me :evil: :lol: So Bathilukku avara tease paNNuRathukkAga pOtta post adhu :P It was purely a tete-a-tete kind. Nothing was intended there except teasing each other. And this kind of teasing happens between me and Feddy often ( the recent one was in awards thread regarding Jyothika :lol: )

Roshan
24th February 2008, 01:09 PM
Hello I was advocating the truth and i never intended to pull your legs. I entered this thread only at the 5th page seeing posts which claimed that viveks jokes are decent. And reg Jyothika hub award, I still maintain that she overacts :lol2:.
Both are my opinions and certainly not attempts to instigate fellow hubbers. (Nambarathum nambatathum unga ishtam) :P

:poke:

thilak4life
24th February 2008, 01:46 PM
Forgive the cliche, well said PR.

Moreover, "Vulgarity" depends on how you perceive. It's an overused, and overcooked term in TFI. Heck, I bet that most would even grin at most of the vulgar jokes. (I think Roshan, Arthi, and few others might be exceptions).

Me too thinks Goundamani is one of his kind - no mimicking, no personal remarks, no pseudo social commentary, no agenda, etc - but but..the racist lines are riot-intended (the worst TFI racist joke has to be Angavi-Sangavi, Sivaji), but I think Gounder should have avoided it. Finally this "irreverence" of Gounder, and the legend of GM-Senthil (which is on par, if not more than Tom&Jerry, Laurel&hardy or what have you. one of the most versatile combos, I should say) is still unsarpassed in Tamil cinema. But again humour is subjective. I myself felt few scenes quoted in the Gounder thread come off as a mokkai at best (no offence meant).

Roshan
24th February 2008, 02:06 PM
As requested, no more discussions on GM here. Kindly posts your views - positive or otherwise about GM in the relevant thread. If you feel like making comparisons you may post in 'best comedian' thread. Let us, from now onwards stick to Vivek and Vivek only here. Thank you :) :P

NOV
25th February 2008, 06:15 AM
My rating scale: Vadivelu>Nagesh>Manivannan-Vivekvadivelu better than nagesh? :shock:

:omg: how the mighty comes crashing down. and i am not refering to nagesh :roll:

vadivelu (especially) and goundamani can only survive on slapstick. it can be funny up to a certain point only. come on, how many times can you laugh at beating/kicking and being beaten/kicked?
nagesh kitta ivanga ellaam pichai vaanganum, when it comes to body language and sense of timing. :exactly:
and to call vadivelu better than nagesh when vadivelu himself is nicknamed karuppu nagesh, is the best comedy of all. :roll:

as for me, give me wit any time! :D
and therefore vivek wins any time over vadivelu... :lol2:

P_R
25th February 2008, 09:31 AM
Well NOV between Nagesh and Vadivelu the > is a bit fuzzy.
That is still bad enough for you I guess :-)
vadivelu (especially) and goundamani can only survive on slapstick. Phew !! The general impression which is so distant from the facts.

As far as body-language goes Vadivelu is far ahead of Nagesh's done-to-death double-take.

Regarding Karuppu Nagesh....well I don't take the title too seriously. Vivek is called Chinna Kalaivaanar...but he is way more funnier than NSK.

I shall not even bother bring GM in here :-)
NOV, any further discussions here should go to the Best Comedian thread.

joe
25th February 2008, 09:35 AM
Vivek is called Chinna Kalaivaanar...but he is way more funnier than NSK..

Yes,Vivek is more funnier than NSK ,but 'chinna kalaivaanar' title is not given for his funny part ,but for NSK brand of mixing comedy with social message ..isn't it ? :)

Arthi
25th February 2008, 09:38 AM
My rating scale: Vadivelu>Nagesh>Manivannan-Vivekvadivelu better than nagesh? :shock:

:omg: how the mighty comes crashing down. and i am not refering to nagesh :roll:

vadivelu (especially) and goundamani can only survive on slapstick. it can be funny up to a certain point only. come on, how many times can you laugh at beating/kicking and being beaten/kicked?
nagesh kitta ivanga ellaam pichai vaanganum, when it comes to body language and sense of timing. :exactly:
and to call vadivelu better than nagesh when vadivelu himself is nicknamed karuppu nagesh, is the best comedy of all. :roll:

NOV well said :D

NOV
25th February 2008, 09:39 AM
That is still bad enough for you I guess :-)
you are being too kind on yourself. :P
sacrilege is the word i would use.

Vivek is called Chinna Kalaivaanar...but he is way more funnier than NSK.i guess we are heading in different directions. you are, simply, beyond repair. :rotfl:

PR, i am just teasing you, dont get offended. ;)

NOV
25th February 2008, 09:43 AM
... 'chinna kalaivaanar' title is not given for his funny part ,but for NSK brand of mixing comedy with social message ..isn't it ? :)to put is simply, i am surprised at PR's claim
but then again when he says that vadivelu is better than nagesh (in body language of all things), it should have prepared me for his quaintness. :P

its like saying that jeeva is excelling over kamal in acting prowess. :lol2:

joe
25th February 2008, 09:45 AM
... 'chinna kalaivaanar' title is not given for his funny part ,but for NSK brand of mixing comedy with social message ..isn't it ? :)to put is simply, i am surprised at PR's claim
but then again when he says that vadivelu is better than nagesh (in body language of all things), it should have prepared me for his quaintness. :P

its like saying that jeeva is excelling over kamal in acting prowess. :lol2:

Agree with you NOV :D

Roshan
25th February 2008, 10:44 AM

For once I agree completely with NOV :) :P

thilak4life
25th February 2008, 11:08 AM
To my mind, Nagesh has grown as a comical genius over the period. Though he was refreshing in KB films than his previous ventures, his style had always been the same. Only about a decade later, I thought he reached his peak, and got more diverse. He simply rocked as Avinashi in MMKR, and the drunkard in Avvai Shanmughi. What a rocking body language as a stiff cadaver in MM? :shock: Heck, he simply redefined charismatic villain-ism with his turn in Apoorva Sagodarargal, his timing is impeccable (I think no other actor in TFI could match that witticism and malevolence)!

Wibha
25th February 2008, 11:21 AM

:clap: for once I agree with you :D :lol:

// btw is cho considered a comedia :roll: //

sarna_blr
25th February 2008, 11:33 AM

:clap: for once I agree with you :D :lol:

// btw is cho considered a comedia :roll: //

Vivek'oda comedy

Neenga verum daasaa illa lord labuck daasaa---

My vote is for Vivek---

Vivek wins hand---wn it is comes to polling

raaja_rasigan
25th February 2008, 11:44 AM

POLL aarambichuduvoma :lol:

sarna_blr
25th February 2008, 11:47 AM

vaanga Gaptan vaanga---

Arthi
25th February 2008, 11:49 AM

vaanga Gaptan vaanga---

vandhutaangayya vandhutaanga :lol:

P_R
25th February 2008, 11:50 AM
Vivek is called Chinna Kalaivaanar...but he is way more funnier than NSK..

Yes,Vivek is more funnier than NSK ,but 'chinna kalaivaanar' title is not given for his funny part ,but for NSK brand of mixing comedy with social message ..isn't it ? :) True. I was just trying make light of the 'title'. I find the 'title' kalaachaaram pretty curious and often extremely phony.

Here's more sacrilege. When I say Vadivelu>Nagesh, I say that after giving Nagesh a lot of time-handicap (yeah things were melodramatic in his heydey, there was a need to be look-mom-I-am-being-funny etc.). I am also aware that I am comparing two different styles (though seemingly comparable).btw I hope you are not concluding that I don't find Nagesh funny or his style unimpressive - in many ways he is in a league of his own. But I am more impressed by Vadivelu's nativity,spontaneity and have found myself laughing harder and oftener with him.

Regarding "wit" - now you don't get offended - I find this notion of "Only witty humour admitted" pretty superior. Chaplin unwittingly called himself a comedian I guess.

Thilak I agree with most of your post.

NOV
25th February 2008, 12:05 PM
btw I hope you are not concluding that I don't find Nagesh funny or his style unimpressive - no, nagesh's talent doesnt diminish one tiny bit by your allegations. sometimes allegators :lol2: reveal more about themselves than the subject of thier allegations. :P

anyway, I just realised that just as all roads lead to rome, all adulations lead to kamal... om kamalaaya namaha... nee illaamal kalai ulagamE azhindhu vidum :roll:

idha pOi ivlO seriousaa discuss pannittu irukkEnE, enna sollanum :banghead:

thilak4life
25th February 2008, 12:06 PM
Chaplin unwittingly called himself a comedian I guess.

I also have this notion of taking Chaplin lightly. :twisted: (Thankfully Mr.Haasan often reminds)

thilak4life
25th February 2008, 12:07 PM
anyway, I just realised that just as all roads lead to rome, all adulations lead to kamal... om kamalaaya namaha... nee illaamal kalai ulagamE azhindhu vidum :roll:

idha pOi ivlO seriousaa discuss pannittu irukkEnE, enna sollanum :banghead:

NOV, check my post(s) (Don't point PR). :lol2:

NOV
25th February 2008, 12:10 PM
NOV, check my post(s) (Don't point PR). :lol2:i was tempted to sing kamal pOtri after seeing your post but restrained myself.
when PR followed suit with his aamaa saami, i couldnt resist. sucker aint I? :cry:

thilak4life
25th February 2008, 12:11 PM
PR,

Bang on about Nagesh's style. Though I find him more subtle than Vadivelu(IMO), who gets on my nerves after a point. Yes, it's subjective..

thilak4life
25th February 2008, 12:13 PM
NOV, check my post(s) (Don't point PR). :lol2:i was tempted to sing kamal pOtri after seeing your post but restrained myself.
when PR followed suit with his aamaa saami, i couldnt resist. sucker aint I? :cry:

Come on Nov, I'm with you on Nagesh. I just find him a more complete actor after his association with Kamal. Well, ask Nagesh, he'll affirm!

NOV
25th February 2008, 12:16 PM
I just find him a more complete actor after his association with Kamal. Well, ask Nagesh, he'll affirm!please tell me you are joking... or i will never ever be able to take you seriously again. :cry2:

thilak4life
25th February 2008, 12:16 PM
For starters, compare how Nagesh carries himself or delivers his lines in Anbe Vaa, and later, in MMKR. He's much more subtle, and molded into the role!

thilak4life
25th February 2008, 12:17 PM
I just find him a more complete actor after his association with Kamal. Well, ask Nagesh, he'll affirm!please tell me you are joking... or i will never ever take you seriously again. :cry2:

Should I take you serious now? :lol2:

Roshan
25th February 2008, 12:18 PM
Prabhu,

But dont you think it's again all about a person's interest, liking, perception, prejudices etc?

You may find Vadivelu funnier than Vivek or even Nagesh but to be honest, the moment I see Vadivelu on screen I would immediately take the remote in hand to change the channel or put it on mute until something interesting, that I feel, comes on. To me even the most hailed 'pulikEsi', sounded mokkai in many scenes. But I have, to some extent enjoyed his sequences in movies like Kadhalan, Friends, London, Winner et al. However, I would rate his character role 'Esakki', in Devar Magan above all his comedy flicks.

Re Chaplin - to be honest again, I have not enjoyed his sequences mostly. Mr Bean pAthu vizhunthu vizhunthu sirrikkiravangaLa aacharyamA pArpEn nAn. It's not my cup of tea. I have no qualms in accepting that, even if my sense of humour is criticised based on my 'gender' :wink: :P :) 8-)

Arthi
25th February 2008, 12:19 PM
NOV, you are digressing here too much :lol2: :P

thilak4life
25th February 2008, 12:20 PM
Roshan,

Agree completely on your point on Vadivelu. But I guess I enjoy him more than you seem to have.

NOV
25th February 2008, 12:24 PM
NOV, you are digressing here too much :lol2: :Pagree with you completely... :P

vivek would have said, "naattula ennanamO sirippaa sirikkidhu, ivanunga ennaanaa....."

whereas vadivelu would have said, "auuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..."

:yessir:

Wibha
25th February 2008, 12:25 PM
Prabhu,

But dont you think it's again all about a person's interest, liking, perception, prejudices etc?

You may find Vadivelu funnier than Vivek or even Nagesh but to be honest, the moment I see Vadivelu on screen I would immediately take the remote in hand to change the channel or put it on mute until something interesting, that I feel, comes on. To me even the most hailed 'pulikEsi', sounded mokkai in many scenes. But I have, to some extent enjoyed his sequences in movies like Kadhalan, Friends, London, Winner et al. However, I would rate his character role 'Esakki', in Devar Magan above all his comedy flicks.

Re Chaplin - to be honest again, I have not enjoyed his sequences mostly. Mr Bean pAthu vizhunthu vizhunthu sirrikkiravangaLa aacharyamA pArpEn nAn. It's not my cup of tea. I have no qualms in accepting that, even if my sense of humour is criticised based on my 'gender' :wink: :P :) 8-)

pulikesi he got on my nerves :x

Roshan
25th February 2008, 12:26 PM

Come on Nov, I'm with you on Nagesh. I just find him a more complete actor after his association with Kamal. Well, ask Nagesh, he'll affirm!

Thilak,

Just says that you have missed to watch 'proper' Nagesh flicks that are prior to his association with KH :( Konjam veLiya vanthu ulagatha pAkkanum neenga.

Re Nagesh affirming - Give me a break :evil: :lol:

Again, I have to completely agree with NOV in this regard.

Arthi
25th February 2008, 12:26 PM
IMO vadivElu is good at getting beaten from his fellow comedian how ppl bear watching at him I wonder.

The way he cries, he brings Fox in front of me, i get really irritated see him crying,at the same time i can't stop my other family members enjoying his jokes. i am reiterating opinions differ. peoples' taste differ, because of this difference in interest we have so many comedians, orelse eveyone would have enyoyed with one comedians

I am also now falling into the prey of this digrssion :lol2:

Arthi
25th February 2008, 12:29 PM
NOV, you are digressing here too much :lol2: :Pagree with you completely... :P

vivek would have said, "naattula ennanamO sirippaa sirikkidhu, ivanunga ennaanaa....."

whereas vadivelu would have said, "auuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..."

:yessir:

NOV, i was just kidding, felt i can take liberty on you :P

sarna_blr
25th February 2008, 12:29 PM
IMO vadivElu is good at getting beaten from his fellow comedian how ppl bear watching at him I wonder.

The way he cries, he bring Fox in front of me, i get really irritated see him crying,at the same time i can't stop my other family members enjoying his jokes. i am reiterating opinions differ. peoples' taste differ, because of this difference in interest we have ao many comedians, orelse eveyone would haev enyoyed with one comedians

I am also now falling into the prey of this digrssion :lo12:

Ennaiporuththa varayil---

Vadivelu innoru Rajini---Commercialaaa (fewtimes)...

Vivek innoru kamal---Tharaththil (many times).......

thilak4life
25th February 2008, 12:31 PM

Thilak,

Just says that you have missed to watch 'proper' Nagesh flicks that are prior to his association with KH :( Konjam veLiya vanthu ulagatha pAkkanum neenga.

Please name them, I'll affirm whether I've seen or how I rate them. Come on, I say..

Munsamy
25th February 2008, 12:34 PM
For starters, compare how Nagesh carries himself or delivers his lines in Anbe Vaa, and later, in MMKR. He's much more subtle, and molded into the role!

Such claims are not risible anymore to me....i have read some comments in this very hub in the past that the great NT sivaji ganesan was more refined and subtle in devar magan bcos of kamal.

Om kamalaaya namaha !!!!

joe
25th February 2008, 12:35 PM
the moment I see Vadivelu on screen I would immediately take the remote in hand to change the channel or put it on mute until something interesting, that I feel, comes on.

I have seen few of my friends do the same :)

Btw, Though I like vadivelu (less than vivek) ,putting him beyond Nagesh :oops: May be i am biased :)

thilak4life
25th February 2008, 12:36 PM
Roshan,

Chaplin is much more than slapstick, I think he's the first real pioneer of satirical and tragicomedy. More than acting, his direction is an integral element. Behind all those leftist claims, his polemics, both politically and humanistic, is unparalleled!

Roshan
25th February 2008, 12:45 PM

Thilak,

Please name them, I'll affirm whether I've seen or how I rate them. Come on, I say..

Neer Kumuzhi
Ethir Neechal
Kaadhalikka NEramillai
ThillAna MoganambAL
Major Chandrakanth
Sarvar Sundaram
ThiruviLaiyaadal
ThAmarai Nenjam

To name a few :)

sarna_blr
25th February 2008, 12:48 PM

Thilak,

Neer Kumuzhi
Ethir Neechal
Kaadhalikka NEramillai
ThillAna MoganambAL
Major Chandrakanth
Sarvar Sundaram
ThiruviLaiyaadal
ThAmarai Nenjam

Oru paanai sotrukku oru sor padham... :D

thilak4life
25th February 2008, 12:50 PM

Thilak,

Neer Kumuzhi
Ethir Neechal
Kaadhalikka NEramillai
ThillAna MoganambAL
Major Chandrakanth
Sarvar Sundaram
ThiruviLaiyaadal
ThAmarai Nenjam

Seen 'em all(except for Thamarai Nenjam), and found his style pretty much confined. From the dialogue delivery to body language..

joe
25th February 2008, 12:50 PM

அதுல 8 சோறு இருக்கே! :roll:

Roshan
25th February 2008, 12:53 PM

Thilak,

Neer Kumuzhi
Ethir Neechal
Kaadhalikka NEramillai
ThillAna MoganambAL
Major Chandrakanth
Sarvar Sundaram
ThiruviLaiyaadal
ThAmarai Nenjam

Seen 'em all(except for Thamarai Nenjam), and found his style pretty much confined. From the dialogue delivery to body language..

AaLa vidunga saami :yessir:

NOV you are RIGHT :notworthy:

Arthi
25th February 2008, 12:54 PM
In "Kaadhalikka NEramillai" Nagesh wld narrate a story to his dad, it was a splendid performance from him. :thumbsup:

IMO we can't/should not compare any comedians, everyone has their own style which some pople like some may not, it doesn't mean that one is greater than the other

sarna_blr
25th February 2008, 12:54 PM

Nagesh sir'kku adhu oru soru dhaan--- :D :D :D

Arthi
25th February 2008, 12:56 PM
AaLa vidunga saami :yessir:
NOV you are RIGHT :notworthy:

NOV yaaru :yessir: vEcha :P

I agree with you :D
Letz enjoy talking about VIVEK :D

NOV
25th February 2008, 12:58 PM
NOV you are RIGHT :notworthy::D

raaja_rasigan
25th February 2008, 01:05 PM

"adhu 8 paanaila irundhu eduthadhu" - ippadi answer panradhu namma annan Gounder style (now i am using Gounders name here bcoz every one bringing others like nagesh, vadivelu, chaplin, kamal :wink: )

Arthi
25th February 2008, 01:14 PM

"adhu 8 paanaila irundhu eduthadhu" - ippadi answer panradhu namma annan Gounder style (now i am using Gounders name here bcoz every one bringing others like nagesh, vadivelu, chaplin, kamal :wink: )

Vivek-thavira matha ellor pErum varudhu :roll: :lol:

Roshan
25th February 2008, 01:15 PM

P_R
25th February 2008, 01:24 PM
anyway, I just realised that just as all roads lead to rome, all adulations lead to kamal :D I was sure you would react thus to Thilak's post.

Thilak only said Kamal was able to bring out more variety in Nagesh's comedy. AnbE Vaa, Dharumi, TM's Vaiththi, Kadhalikka Neramillai Chellappaa are all Nagesh's best. And undisputable Tamil Cinema classics. But there is an observable similarity in Nagesh's performance. Similarity can be replaced with "style" too !
But Nagesh's performances in MMKR, Avvai etc. were so unlike his earlier style and indeed brought out another dimension of him. avvaLavu dhaan sonnOm.

Roshan
25th February 2008, 01:36 PM
anyway, I just realised that just as all roads lead to rome, all adulations lead to kamal :D I was sure you would react thus to Thilak's post.

Thilak only said Kamal was able to bring out more variety in Nagesh's comedy. AnbE Vaa, Dharumi, TM's Vaiththi, Kadhalikka Neramillai Chellappaa are all Nagesh's best. And undisputable Tamil Cinema classics. But there is an observable similarity in Nagesh's performance. Similarity can be replaced with "style" too !
But Nagesh's performances in MMKR, Avvai etc. were so unlike his earlier style and indeed brought out another dimension of him. avvaLavu dhaan sonnOm.

Diplomatically worded but this can be applicable even to Kamal Hassen's classics.

When Thilak says he found Nagesh's performances in Neer Kumizhi, Thirvilaiyaadal and Ethirneechal to be similar - he simply defeats his own argument on MMKR, Avvai Shanmugi or even Nammavar IMO :)

Roshan
25th February 2008, 01:45 PM
Watching some Vivek scenes from Boys :lol:

The wine shop scenes :lol:

Siddharth : Hello Saar, I am Munna

Vivek: ennA??

Sidharth: MunnA

Vivek: irunthuttu pO :lol:

sarna_blr
25th February 2008, 01:52 PM

U tell Vivek Better than Vadivelu---Accepted

But not better than Nagesh---he should go a long way for comparing with Nagesh

Wibha
25th February 2008, 01:54 PM

:notthatway:

P_R
Diplomatically worded but this can be applicable even to Kamal Hassen's classics. Yes Roshan, it can be said of Kamal too. There is a lot of similarity in Kamal's acting style across many of his movies ('thud' of NOV swooning as he reads this :-).)
But he has managed to show so much vareity that this is ignored.

But dont you think it's again all about a person's interest, liking, perception, prejudices etc? Aamaam. But Thilak's statement was an observation. And I feel the reactions to it (and mine) are driven by emotion and nostalgia.

What would be a good counterargument is an example of two different films for Nagesh's heydey which were from completely two different styles.

By the way I am not even saying 'variety' is the only yardstick. I am only clarifying Thilak's point that Kamal indeed brought out many dimensions in Nagesh's comic performances.

The 'comic' performances in all the films mentioned had a similar style. Not the movies nor his role/performance in entirety. I don't see where Thilak's argument stands defeated.

And I am not bringing in the humanism,leftism stuff about Chaplin. I mean as pure slapstick genius he was phenomenal. There a scene (I think in the movie 'The General', Iam not sure) where Buster Keaton tries to walk against the wind. Unbelievably funny.
Which is why I am sorry those who prefer only wit are missing.
Like the old malt-drink commercial...yOsikka vENdAm..appidiyE rasikkalaam.

I have some my opinions about this sirikka-sindhikka. And again I feel Vivek does a better job of this than NSK. Today seems to be sacrilege-day I guess :-)

Thirumaran
One thing for sure.

Vadivel >>>> vivek :yessir:

raaja_rasigan
25th February 2008, 01:55 PM

sorry to interfere: :(

Sooriyan:

omakuchi: idhukku poyi pitchai edukkalam

gounder: poyi edu yaaru vendanna

just pointed the similarity / style of the Boys scene with a gounder scene

Back to vivek :)

P_R
25th February 2008, 01:57 PM
R_R inge vENdAm, ange pEsuvOm ;-)

sarna_blr
25th February 2008, 01:59 PM
One thing for sure.

Vadivel >>>> vivek :yessir:

Ofcource----Vivek'ku appuram dhaan vadivel

Roshan
25th February 2008, 02:00 PM
ivanunga Ayyappan cassette pOduRathukku yenna Nadarajar service AakkittAnga .. munnEruna seri :lol:

raaja_rasigan
25th February 2008, 02:00 PM

i said that in vivek's thread all other names are given so i too add gounder's name (i know i am the one started it)

raaja_rasigan
25th February 2008, 02:04 PM

adhudhan namakku sari pattu varum.... adhukku sirikkiranga (:lol:) idhukku sirikka mattangala-nnu solla vandhaen (:lol:).... ippadi solla vandhudhan 2 pagela ketparatru irundha thread-a 14 pakkam izhuthuttoam :)

sarna_blr
25th February 2008, 02:06 PM

adhudhan namakku sari pattu varum.... adhukku sirikkiranga (:lol:) idhukku sirikka mattangala-nnu solla vandhaen (:lol:).... ippadi solla vandhudhan 2 pagela ketparatru irundha thread-a 14 pakkam izhuthuttoam :)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Roshan
25th February 2008, 02:10 PM
What would be a good counterargument is an example of two different films for Nagesh's heydey which were from completely two different styles.

I am confident that I have done that :)

By the way I am not even saying 'variety' is the only yardstick.

Yeah true, if that is the yard stick then no body can be spared :wink:

I am only clarifying Thilak's point that Kamal indeed brought out many dimensions in Nagesh's comic performances.

I understood that point of yours :)

Arthi
25th February 2008, 02:17 PM

i said that in vivek's thread all other names are given so i too add gounder's name (i know i am the one started it)

RR don't be serious, I was just kidding, as u have given so many sames :P
oru comedian thread-en evvalau serious-a eruku :roll:

raaja_rasigan
25th February 2008, 02:31 PM

naana..... serious-ah.... never.. never... :)

ok... vivek fans.... when is "Solli Adippaen - who ever it may be" (who ever it may be - is the tag line for the film) is getting released :wink:

sarna_blr
25th February 2008, 02:34 PM

naana..... serious-ah.... never.. never... :)

ok... vivek fans.... when is "Solli Adippaen - who ever it may be" (who ever it may be - is the tag line for the film) is getting released :wink:

auuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

equanimus
25th February 2008, 03:07 PM
[Start digression.]
We object to this, my lord, we object to this. (*)

Why is being decent, "clean," etc. even considered a paradigm in appreciating humour. I wonder why such qualities are even considered to be "perfect" at first place, leave aside asserting that no contemporary comedian has been "perfect." I'd shudder to use expressions like "not mind" when it comes to bawdiness. A healthy dose of bawdiness is even precious at times. * Obscenity is obscenity, humour is humour. One doesn't have to steer clear of the other. It's funny if one finds it funny, there need be no disclaimer on top of this.
Probably, someone should start a thread for obscenely funny comedy sequences in Tamil cinema for the ethically depraved like yours truly. Vadivelu wryly noting, "but, andha dealing enakku romba pidichirundhuchu..." is the one that comes off the top of my head right now.

* -- Like S. Ve. Shekar says in mahAbArathaththil MangAththA. It's also befitting to bring in this man whose patent bawdiness is unmissable and often outrageous.
[End digression.]

sarna_blr
25th February 2008, 03:13 PM
[Start digression.]

Why is being decent, "clean," etc. even considered a paradigm in appreciating humour. I wonder why such qualities are even considered to be "perfect" at first place, leave aside asserting that no contemporary comedian has been "perfect." I'd shudder to use expressions like "not mind" when it comes to bawdiness. A healthy dose of bawdiness is even precious at times. * Obscenity is obscenity, humour is humour. One doesn't have to steer clear of the other. It's funny if one finds it funny, there need be no disclaimer on top of this.
Probably, someone should start a thread for obscenely funny comedy sequences in Tamil cinema for the ethically depraved like yours truly. Vadivelu wryly noting, "but, andha dealing enakku romba pidichirundhuchu..." is the one that comes off the top of my head right now.

* -- Like S. Ve. Shekar says in mahAbArathaththil MangAththA. It's also befitting to bring in this man whose patent bawdiness is unmissable and often outrageous.
[End digression.]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

crajkumar_be
25th February 2008, 03:59 PM
[Start digression.]

[End digression.]
Equanimus,
Clincher :notworthy: :notworthy: :thumbsup:

P.S: Disclaimer: Agreeing with EQ on this does not mandate me to contradict my stand on Oram Po [there's no contradiction whatsoever, actually] :razz:

P.P.S: EQ, Venniraadai Moorthi thread arambikkanum. enna solrael?

DIG ENDS// :oops:

crajkumar_be
25th February 2008, 04:29 PM
"We" should be asking that :)

Comments like "i won't be able to take you seriously", remarking about PR's posts as "Amaam Saami posts", "Om x-aya namaha" etc etc... are reactions triggered by emotions, prejudice and blind veneration for antiquity-nu kooda sollalaam.

*IMO* Actor Nagesh > Comedian Nagesh. In fact, he was largely an unsung hero, and a phenomenal talent and i don't think anybody denied that here.
[His Thiruvilayaadal role is one of my all time fav]

Like S.Ve Sekar says in KPY-3, "yaaru maximum laughter create panraanga-ngaradhu mattum dhaan mukkiyam"

Thilak,
sila vishayangal ellam inga pesapdaadhu :notthatway: thappu, taboo :oops:

By the way, is there someone in this hub (or elsewhere) who (still) laughs for NSK jokes?? :shock: :roll:

Roshan
25th February 2008, 04:53 PM
[

" 1. We" should be asking that :)

Comments like "i won't be able to take you seriously", remarking about PR's posts as "Amaam Saami posts", "Om x-aya namaha" etc etc... are reactions triggered by emotions, prejudice and blind veneration for antiquity-nu kooda sollalaam.

2. *IMO* Actor Nagesh > Comedian Nagesh. In fact, he was largely an unsung hero, and a phenomenal talent and i don't think anybody denied that here.
[His Thiruvilayaadal role is one of my all time fav]

3. Like S.Ve Sekar says in KPY-3, "yaaru maximum laughter create panraanga-ngaradhu mattum dhaan mukkiyam"

1. Inga 'yArumE' perfect kedeyAthu Bala :)

2. I agree with you on this completely but that was not the point discussed or mentioned here I feel. You may not think , but I strongly felt that it was vehemently denied when Vadivelu was rated above Nagesh (no matter it is comedy or serious acting). To me it was a 'blashpemy'. Adhu Kamal Hassan'a kooda indirect'a insult paNNuRathukku samam , as I to some extent know, to what extent Kamal hails Nagesh as an actor and comedian (idhu matha Kamal fans'ku chinna vishayamA irukkalAm but not to me definitely )

3. True ! But how would you measure that when it comes to cine comedians/comedies.. KPY mAthiri oru one hour program'la ellA comediangaLaiyum orE mEdaiyikku koopittu - perform paNNa cholli - Uma Riaz sirikkiRatha vechu OraLavu judge paNNalaam. To me Nagesh and Vivek create maximum laughter but to you it can be either Vadivelu or V.Moorthi.

Thilak,
sila vishayangal ellam inga pesapdaadhu :notthatway: thappu, taboo :oops:

UNmaithAn.. "we" should be telling that. Sorry Bala :(

thilak4life
25th February 2008, 05:16 PM
Bala,

I never intended to start this. En thappu thEn I'll say this even if our Nattamais, and periyorgal can't stand my viewpoint. I can't change the fact that I found Nagesh's humour more diverse, and appreciative in last two decades (and under Mr.X :lol2:) than the style he normally operates in his yesteryear films.

By the way, I don't give two hoots on cries of my "om X-aya namaha", yes, there are many Xs, one among 'em is Kamal, and maybe even Nagesh. As for their "namahas" - I don't give a damn!)

Equanimus, :thumbsup: Yes, I'm ethically depraved. The point I was stressing earlier is similar, most would secretly enjoy these vulgar or supposedly offensive humour!

dinesh13284
25th February 2008, 05:54 PM
It seems that this thread is full of serious discussions.. i thought that this thread was ment to discuss only about "Vivek" and him only.. why there are so many deviations from the main stream ? :roll: ..

P_R
25th February 2008, 06:04 PM
A healthy dose of bawdiness is even precious at times. :exactly:

Vadivelu wryly noting, "but, andha dealing enakku romba pidichirundhuchu..." is the one that comes off the top of my head right now. :lol:

To me it was a 'blashpemy'. Adhu Kamal Hassan'a kooda indirect'a insult paNNuRathukku samam , ennathu !!

Once Kamal mentioned how comedians tend to turn a comedy scene on their head. The two names he mentioned were Nagesh and VKR. Perhaps it was the only instance where he mentioned him in the same breath as Nagesh. But he did.

But it is going to take a lot of imagination to say VKR is better than Vadivelu. Or am I on my blaspheming ways again :-)

Thought experiment: would the reaction have been so strong if I had said Thangavelu > Nagesh (don't panic, I won't say that. In fact I'd have a coronary if someone does) ?
I think not. That would have been a quaint technical point of discussion. Whereas Vadivelu has with him other baggages (chief among them being his contemporaneity) that takes the comparison to a very emotional/nostalgic plane.

VENKIRAJA
25th February 2008, 06:10 PM
NSK never seems to be a comedian atleast to me......he was never ever funny....maybe informative at that bygone era!

In Mathurai veeran......
NSK:Ithu thaama vaigai nathi....
Mathuram:Ennanga aathula thanniye illa?
NSK:Ithu punniya theertham vai kai kaiyai vachu thalaiyila thelichuputtu poga vendiyath thaan!

Munsamy
25th February 2008, 06:12 PM
Vivek is the worst comedian in the history of tamil cinema....the reason being his alleged repeated attacks on kamal.

Arthi
25th February 2008, 07:32 PM
It seems that this thread is full of serious discussions.. i thought that this thread was ment to discuss only about "Vivek" and him only.. why there are so many deviations from the main stream ? :roll: ..

idhu oruuuuuuuuuu nalla kELvi :P

Roshan
25th February 2008, 07:33 PM
A healthy dose of bawdiness is even precious at times. :exactly:

Vadivelu wryly noting, "but, andha dealing enakku romba pidichirundhuchu..." is the one that comes off the top of my head right now. :lol:

To me it was a 'blashpemy'. Adhu Kamal Hassan'a kooda indirect'a insult paNNuRathukku samam , ennathu !!

Once Kamal mentioned how comedians tend to turn a comedy scene on their head. The two names he mentioned were Nagesh and VKR. Perhaps it was the only instance where he mentioned him in the same breath as Nagesh. But he did.

But it is going to take a lot of imagination to say VKR is better than Vadivelu. Or am I on my blaspheming ways again :-)

Thought experiment: would the reaction have been so strong if I had said Thangavelu > Nagesh (don't panic, I won't say that. In fact I'd have a coronary if someone does) ?
I think not. That would have been a quaint technical point of discussion. Whereas Vadivelu has with him other baggages (chief among them being his contemporaneity) that takes the comparison to a very emotional/nostalgic plane.

Let us leave it right there Prabhu, as I see it's taking us no where :)

OK friends, at leaset from now onwards can we stick to Vivek and Vivek only? :roll: :huh:

raaja_rasigan
25th February 2008, 08:17 PM

:wave:

sarna_blr
26th February 2008, 08:56 AM

:wave:

Vanakkam Gaptain

Oru padaththula namma Gaptain'ku Vivek kadha solluvaarey

Vaare vaa----

joe
26th February 2008, 09:22 AM
//dig
sarna_blr,
Unga avatar :D :D :D :clap:
//dig

sarna_blr
26th February 2008, 09:36 AM
//dig
sarna_blr,
//dig

//dig
ஆம் என் அவதார்'ஐ மாற்றினேன்
ஏன்
அஜித்'ஐ பிடிக்க வில்லை என்பதற்க்காகாவா
இல்லை
இது அஜித் ரசிகர்களின் ஹப் ஆகிவிடக்கூடாதென்பதற்காக

உனக்கேன் இந்த அக்கரை என்பீர்கள்
நானே பாதிக்கப்பட்டேன்
நேரடியாக பாதிக்க பட்டேன்

விஜ்ய் thread'க்கு போனால்
நீ அஜித் ரசிகன் ஓடு என்கிறார்கள்

விக்ரம் thread'க்கு போனால்

பாலா thread'க்கு போனால்

கமல் sir thread'க்கு போனால்

ரஜினி sir thread'க்கு போனால்

ஒடினேன் ஓடினேன் thread'இன் கடைசி வரை ஓடினேன்

என் வாட்டத்தை போக்கினீரா
இன்று கைதட்டி சிரிப்பீர்

அதனால்'தான் என் அவதாரை மாற்றினேன்

//dig

VENKIRAJA
26th February 2008, 09:46 AM
//dig
sarna_blr,
//dig

//dig
ஏன்
இல்லை

நானே பாதிக்கப்பட்டேன்
நேரடியாக பாதிக்க பட்டேன்

பாலா thread'க்கு போனால்

என் வாட்டத்தை போக்கினீரா
இன்று கைதட்டி சிரிப்பீர்

//dig

:clap:

sarna_blr
26th February 2008, 09:53 AM
//dig
sarna_blr,
//dig

//dig
ஏன்
இல்லை

நானே பாதிக்கப்பட்டேன்
நேரடியாக பாதிக்க பட்டேன்

பாலா thread'க்கு போனால்

என் வாட்டத்தை போக்கினீரா
இன்று கைதட்டி சிரிப்பீர்

//dig

Idhu vivek thread illayaa---
adhanaala dhaan
vivek maadhiri pEsi paaththEn
Paalayaththamma padaththula var'ra maadhiri

raaja_rasigan
26th February 2008, 10:25 AM
adhanaala dhaan

indha nakkaldhanu venanguradhu...

sari Captain threadla irundhu yaravadhu virattinargala :huh:

sarna_blr
26th February 2008, 10:28 AM
adhanaala dhaan

indha nakkaldhanu venanguradhu...

sari Captain threadla irundhu yaravadhu virattinargala :huh:

Gaptain thread'layum
Maddy thread'layum
Vaa Vaa'nu kooppiduraanga

Aanaa anga poyi bit'a potta---evarume kandukka maattenguraanga

Enna koduma Gaptain sir idhu--che
Enna koduma Vivek sir idhu

Idhu vivek thread dhaana. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roshan
26th February 2008, 10:34 AM
adhanaala dhaan

:lol: Good attemtp :clap:

OdinEn OdinEn - chennaiyin ellaivarai OdinEn ... angE kadal irunthathAl thirumbi vanthu vittEn - Vivek in Palayathu Amman. :lol:

sarna_blr
26th February 2008, 10:47 AM
thanks manmadha rani---ungala illa--unga avathaar'la irukkura ammaniya

joe
26th February 2008, 11:06 AM
sarna_blr :thumbsup: very much impressive :D

sarna_blr
26th February 2008, 11:11 AM

Indha Hub'la join panni 2 1/2 months aagudhu---
enna paaraattura moonaavudhu aal neengadhaan---
adhu 2'vudhu dhadava :D :D :D

Thirumaran
26th February 2008, 11:33 AM
sarna. that was very good :rotfl: :thumbsup:

thilak4life
26th February 2008, 11:53 AM
Sarna, you rock dude :boo:

Thirumaran
26th February 2008, 12:03 PM

Neenga no 5. :P

BTW yaarumae kandukaama iruntha Vivek thread ippa sila paer punniyathaala extra pages vanthuduchu :lol2:

VENKIRAJA
26th February 2008, 12:07 PM
saw that deleted scene in sivaji......vivek's performance was :banghead:
and the next dialogue.....
"NSK va paarthirukken Chandrababu-va parthirukken......GOundamanai-ya parthirukken Senthil-a parthirukken aana unna maathiri oru comedian-a parthathe ila" sema mokka thaanga mudiyala!

vivek is no match to gounder! :notthatway:

P_R
26th February 2008, 12:17 PM
Venkiraja inge vENdAm !
As GM said in Walter Vetrivel: idam poruL Eval sEval

Arthi
26th February 2008, 12:24 PM

andha mOdha 2-Per yaru :lol2:

Good attempt :clap:

thilak4life
26th February 2008, 12:28 PM
Yes PR Dude, Venki, common homie, do ya wan anotha parade of gripe? gotcha trouble in sight..don't let them cop ya left n rite? dont wanna dust the bite (:lol2:)..cut it out, alrite? (No offense meant, I love the slang)

Arthi
26th February 2008, 12:31 PM
adhanaala dhaan

OdinEn OdinEn - chennaiyin ellaivarai OdinEn ... angE kadal irunthathAl thirumbi vanthu vittEn - Vivek in Palayathu Amman. :lol:

This is another good attempt by Vivek in which he criticises superstitious belief and also he throws limelight about how all govt dept on after another dig the roads and how they trouble public :P

P_R
26th February 2008, 12:31 PM
Clarificatory note: I sincerely meant the "inge vEndAm"

Roshan
26th February 2008, 12:32 PM
Yes PR Dude, Venki, common homie, do ya wan anotha parade of gripe? gotcha trouble in sight..don't let them cop ya left n rite? dont wanna dust the bite (:lol2:)..cut it out, alrite? (No offense meant, I love the slang)

:lol: Nice.. ithayE Vivek sonnA eppadi irukkumnu kaRpana paNNi pArthEn.. including Thilak's disclaimer :lol: :lol:

Roshan
26th February 2008, 12:41 PM
adhanaala dhaan

This is another good attempt my Vivek in which he criticises superstitious belief and also he throws limelight about how all govt dept on after another dig the roads and how they trouble public :P

That's true but I liked this particular line more (and the line Chennai ennai pOda veNNai enRathu :lol: ), because he goes on and on addressing serious stuff like superstitious belief, corruption etc.. and would make viewers expect somethig even more serious when he touches the peak "OdinEn OdinEn .. Chennaiyin ellai varai OdinEn". But in a totally un expected manner, he would pause for a while - change his tone, expression, body language and say "angE kadal irunthathAl thirumbi vanthu vittEn" :lol: That's ultimate :lol:

raaja_rasigan
26th February 2008, 01:10 PM

Neenga no 5. :P

BTW yaarumae kandukaama iruntha Vivek thread ippa sila paer punniyathaala extra pages vanthuduchu :lol2:

yeah.... its me :lol:- like vivek in Dhool to Reema sen, showing the posters of some body builders

equanimus
26th February 2008, 01:25 PM
yeah.... its me :lol:- like vivek in Dhool to Reema sen, showing the posters of some body builders
This line is part of the pop-culture now. I remember hearing it in at least one film recently. Oh, yeah, in pollAdhavan!
Another line that I find just too funny is "en Sapna buththisAli! avaLa yArAlayum EmAththa mudiyAdhu!" Vivek rocks especially when he parodies Sivaji, effortlessly imitating the trademark gestures and mannerisms. Like in Dhool, Parthiban Kanavu etc. "Sikkim, Bhutan, Manipur 'nu EdhAvadhu lottery 'a vechi pAduvAn... thank you, Eesh, uh!"

rangan_08
26th February 2008, 01:31 PM
Vivek was very good in Saamy

raaja_rasigan
26th February 2008, 01:43 PM
Dhool is one of the best for Vivek.....

"Chandrababu naidu laddukku badhila jilabi podurarnu vutta paru oru reelu" - :lol:

Dai comedy time, nee en sentiment time da :lol:

Roshan
26th February 2008, 01:45 PM
This line is part of the pop-culture now. I remember hearing it in at least one film recently. Oh, yeah, in pollAdhavan!
Another line that I find just too funny is "en Sapna buththisAli! avaLa yArAlayum EmAththa mudiyAdhu!" Vivek rocks especially when he parodies Sivaji, effortlessly imitating the trademark gestures and mannerisms. Like in Dhool, Parthiban Kanavu etc. "Sikkim, Bhutan, Manipur 'nu EdhAvadhu lottery 'a vechi pAduvAn... thank you, Eesh, uh!"

In Parthiban Kanavu - when he cheats his wife by calling her up and saying that it's the PA of Kerala CM. His Mallu accent :lol: Specially when he pronounces "fulllllllly qualified" :lol:

sarna_blr
26th February 2008, 02:18 PM

adhukku dhaan --thread'a continuous'aa padikkanum

Arthi
26th February 2008, 02:39 PM

en padikaati sOlla maatengala ;) :P

sarna_blr
26th February 2008, 02:47 PM

en padikaati sOlla maatengala ;) :P

Joe and Venki raja----

1st time Joe----mudhal aal
2nd time venkiraja---rendaavudhu aal
3rd time Joe---moonaavudhu aal

P_R
27th February 2008, 01:30 PM
The scene in Dhil where he imitates Laila "permanent smile" :rotfl:

rangan_08
27th February 2008, 03:25 PM
also in Dhool, when he pulls Jo's legs : "innum nee oru idlikku ivlo ennaiya oothidhan sappiduriya ? " or something like that - I enjoyed it. :D

Amarshiva
27th February 2008, 08:01 PM
In same dhool.. how about the english movie.. the younger vikram's old scenes will be recollected by vivek. those scenes and tirupathi jilebi concept were really liked by everyone..

also in Dhool, when he pulls Jo's legs : "innum nee oru idlikku ivlo ennaiya oothidhan sappiduriya ? " or something like that - I enjoyed it. :D

Sanguine Sridhar
27th February 2008, 08:37 PM
The scene in Dhil where he imitates Laila "permanent smile" :rotfl:

:lol: My brother likes that scene!!

Movie Cop
28th February 2008, 05:08 AM
Dhool is one of the best for Vivek.....

"Chandrababu naidu laddukku badhila jilabi podurarnu vutta paru oru reelu" - :lol:

Dai comedy time, nee en sentiment time da :lol:
When I saw that scene for the first time it had me rolling over with laughter! :rotfl: :rotfl2: Vivek! :thumbsup:

Movie Cop
28th February 2008, 05:19 AM
I enjoyed Vivek's comedy in Minnale too...In one of the scenes, Vivek will tell maddy that "Dei manichidhu da... Un figure-oda azhagha naanum konjam rasichiten da..." :rotfl: Andhe dialogue delivery irruke? Only Vivek fossible! :thumbsup:

By the by, enjoy a sample of Vivek's ragalai in 12B.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmAhBLFKhCI

A film by Bharathiraasa...:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl2: