A.ANAND
11th May 2010, 04:11 PM
-deleted-

A.ANAND
11th May 2010, 04:25 PM
-deleted-

MADDY
11th May 2010, 04:52 PM
I think ARR's music in this movie has heavy influence of Vishal Bhardwaj... Does anyone here feel that way??

After seeing the trailer, I feel Raavan itself would have heavy influence of VB movies..

yeah - if its so, i would be very happy......VB is the one of the most prolific film makers in the country........great creator who is creating classics without any "bandha" 8-) ........Raavan's music is VB's territory - yes but thalaivar's stamp surely.........i dont think VB would use synth riffs in beera song or the strong guitar grooves in behne de......

infact, i feel ARR is sounding more like yuvan in tamil(kannukkul kannai in VTV) and SEL in hindi nowadays - music only flows when u let go your ego :)

MADDY
11th May 2010, 04:57 PM
Firstly you have to understand the criticism is not towards ARR as a person but towards the music

agreed , word to word - but u r saying these in a wrong forum and approximately 5 yrs late..........if the review is abt album - i dont think many would react here but if the review has a extra gift of reviewing ARR's position in TFM, IFM etc - then the discussion will spiral downwards.....

ARR is the biggest brand in IFM and probably will be the biggest ever...........he keeps adding brand value with a bradmanesque consistency in churning out quality albums with good dose of experimentation..............even in TFM, the much hyped up Goa and other albums couldnt stand a chance when there was VTV wave - not undermining u1 or anyone here but ARR's market and fan base is pretty evident - see it to believe :) .......

Sanjeevi
11th May 2010, 05:17 PM
even in TFM, the much hyped up Goa and other albums couldnt stand a chance when there was VTV wave - not undermining u1 or anyone here but ARR's market and fan base is pretty evident - see it to believe :) .......

hmmm, but you forget Paiya comfortably :P

MADDY
11th May 2010, 05:20 PM
even in TFM, the much hyped up Goa and other albums couldnt stand a chance when there was VTV wave - not undermining u1 or anyone here but ARR's market and fan base is pretty evident - see it to believe :) .......

hmmm, but you forget Paiya comfortably :P

Paiya came after Goa rite - i mean the time periods were different, illaya

m_karthik
12th May 2010, 04:41 AM
I feel no one can tell or no one have the rights to tell ARR, IR, MR, Sachin, MK, RK, KH kind of people to abdicate their places. They themselves know what to do with their career.

Whoever criticises them gets the answer from the people directly with their new performances.

Ivangalayellam avanga vazhila vituranum. Summa thontharavu panna koodathu.

rayan36
12th May 2010, 07:52 AM
Again, i have missed a lot... :wink: and i miss the forum...

anyway....ravanan....again its not like any other Mani-Arr combo pre Guru...I'll put this and Guru in the same box...maybe coz it has more northern feeling to it...imho...apart from little bit of tweaks here and there....still listening to it though.....for the hindi, i only listened to it like once or twice coz i dont understand the lyrics :ashamed: ...since the songs are more focused on the lyrics....i will post again to what i think abt the songs...

MADDY
12th May 2010, 08:53 AM
welcome back rayan 8-)

ajaybaskar
12th May 2010, 09:33 AM
Sanjeevi,

Paiya is an excellent album. Certainly one of my personal favourites and I rate it way above Goa. But what Maddy was mentioning here was the fan base and market value of ARR and that remains untouched for years. Even for a bolly album like Blue, there was a queue standing in the MW to grab the cd on the day of its release. I don't find that queue for any other MD. If the movie releases and when people find that the songs are good, they buy the cd. This is common for all other composers. Be it Yuvan or HJ or GVP. But its entirely a different case for ARR. IR had the same reputation and now ARR owns it. When you have their names on the CD, it will automatically sell.. There was one album released couple of years ago called 'One Love' which had few songs, all with the same tune but sung in different languages. Even that album was holding a place in the MW top 10 for quite a long time. In these days of piracy, its an achievement in itself. Hope you understand the difference..

AudazJay
12th May 2010, 10:04 AM
Heard Raavanan songs...actually rombe rasitchi ketene sollenum. Absolutely groovy!

My favourite numbers...well except for Veera Veera (the song has yet to grow on me but love the way ARR incorporates the African tribal music here) the rest sounds absolutely mind blowing to me.

Usure pogathey has an enigmatic feel to it that I get goose-pimples everytime I hear this number. Karthik has done an astonishing job here. You can almost feel the frustration of the character through his rendition...

Kodhu Potha like Veera Veera boasts of a majestic orchestration...only that it has a more funky feel to it. And absolutely love the swift postlude.

Kathu Siruki...well, it was not my favourite but I admit there's something special about this song. Anuradha and Shankar Mahadevan did an amazing work here...especially Anuradha. I know many have yet to get drawn by her singing here but I love it. She manages to bring out a combination of seductiveness and cheekiness through her voice.

After Usure Pogathey, Kalvare Kalvare is one of my favourite numbers. Very breezy and magical. And Shreya Ghosal :notworthy: I'm hopelessly in love with her voice!

Kedha kari-I've no words to describe this song. The whole presentation just left speechless...

rayan36
12th May 2010, 10:16 AM
did anyone notice in the audio CD inlay cover. the song veera is penned by maniratnam and ARR himself i guess. chck out

they have a cd inlay cover??? :shock:

our cd packagin here sucks big time :curse: u lotus five star :hammer: ..it looks like a pirated CD...Anand sar...agree with me? i miss pyramid and alai cd packaging...

AudazJay
12th May 2010, 10:28 AM
did anyone notice in the audio CD inlay cover. the song veera is penned by maniratnam and ARR himself i guess. chck out

our cd packagin here sucks big time :curse: u lotus five star :hammer: ..it looks like a pirated CD...Anand sar...agree with me? i miss pyramid and alai cd packaging...

Not sure about Anand, but I agree with your comments for sure. Not sure why they have to give a DVD-like cover with this one. There's no credit segment or lyrics section (I heard this came with the cds in India :cry: )

rayan36
12th May 2010, 10:36 AM

Not sure about Anand, but I agree with your comments for sure. Not sure why they have to give a DVD-like cover with this one. There's no credit segment or lyrics section (I heard this came with the cds in India :cry: )

yeah man,they give DVD -like cover bit totally pointless...shoud've ordered online :cry: the printing of the cover looks so cheap...

Mahen
12th May 2010, 11:21 AM
Lotus is crap guys..the original DVDs that they release are poor in quality..its just like a better version of a camera copy...yaar kitte complain panruthe teriyilai..i bought VTV dvd recently (not by lotus), superb quality and sound with French and English subtitles..

AudazJay
12th May 2010, 11:58 AM
Lotus should have just stuck to their food business! :hammer:

rayan36
12th May 2010, 12:47 PM

yeah....their compiling a genius collection cd like a masala thosai..cheh...

Kambar_Kannagi
12th May 2010, 12:50 PM
Lotus is crap guys..the original DVDs that they release are poor in quality..its just like a better version of a camera copy...yaar kitte complain panruthe teriyilai..i bought VTV dvd recently (not by lotus), superb quality and sound with French and English subtitles..

The company's name is 'Suara' :)

Kambar_Kannagi
12th May 2010, 12:51 PM

yeah....their compiling a genius collection cd like a masala thosai..cheh...

:lol: True... Pyramid was better.

A.ANAND
12th May 2010, 01:32 PM
rayan,Aundazjay,kambar neenga sonnathu ellam sarithan!lotus thavira malaysia-la distibuter yaarum illa!nalla kolla adikarangga!!!

A.ANAND
12th May 2010, 01:33 PM
[tscii:8e09dbefbf]Raavanan's informal audio launch on May 14

Finally, it looks like Mani Ratnam has realized his need of hosting audio launch of Raavanan as most of his Tamil buffs are reportedly disappointed. It was all because, the music lovers of A.R. Rahman in home town were eagerly looking out for the grand audio launch just as it happened with the Hindi version in Mumbai.

Buzz up!Now, Sony Music has decided to host an informal audio launch function on May 14. The event is scheduled to be held at Lady Andal School with who’s who of Tamil film industry gracing over the occasion.

Vikram is expected to perform for the songs just as Abhishek Bachchan took on during the Hindi version’s audio launch. A.R. Rahman will be joining the entire crew on this event while Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s presence is yet to be confirmed.

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/tamil/exclusive/2010/raavanan-informal-audio-launch-120510.html
[/tscii:8e09dbefbf]

raghavendran
12th May 2010, 03:01 PM
[tscii:2c454462e3]Raavanan's informal audio launch on May 14

Finally, it looks like Mani Ratnam has realized his need of hosting audio launch of Raavanan as most of his Tamil buffs are reportedly disappointed. It was all because, the music lovers of A.R. Rahman in home town were eagerly looking out for the grand audio launch just as it happened with the Hindi version in Mumbai.

Buzz up!Now, Sony Music has decided to host an informal audio launch function on May 14. The event is scheduled to be held at Lady Andal School with who’s who of Tamil film industry gracing over the occasion.

Vikram is expected to perform for the songs just as Abhishek Bachchan took on during the Hindi version’s audio launch. A.R. Rahman will be joining the entire crew on this event while Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s presence is yet to be confirmed.

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/tamil/exclusive/2010/raavanan-informal-audio-launch-120510.html
[/tscii:2c454462e3]gud ippovavudhu tamizh pakkam varangale

lancelot
12th May 2010, 03:26 PM
[tscii:c85f8c340c]In case anyone is wondering what T.R. Krishna Chetan, Henry Kuruvilla, Deepak, K.J. Sing, Siva Anna and Samidurai are credited for in the Raavanan album. Here is a small description of what they do. Note that none of the wordings below are mine. It was an answer given to me by a friend/musician who knows some of these people personally.

----------------------------
T.R. Krishna Chetan – Does the Background score for some of ARR’s work.

Henry Kuruvilla & Deepak – Are Rhythm Programmers & Sequencing Engineers – they again work on the background score & the Rhythm Section.

K.J. Sing – He does all the mixing. Mixing is an art which is entirely different to composing. Say for example you cook Chicken Curry. You want all the spices, salt etc etc to be balance. If Salt is too much then the curry does not taste good. Agree? If Chilli is too much then the curry does not taste good. Agree? Same with music. You have to keep all the instruments in balance – nothing too loud or too less and above everything the voice must be heard and the lyrics understood. See for example when ARR does a song he has about 100 instrument tracks in the background against 2 voice tracks. Just imagine mixing all of them and the voice still heard? That’s an art and everyone can’t do it. KJ is really very good – he was an assistant to late Sridhar. Siva Anna also does Mixing. KJ does Bollywood and Siva Anna does ARR's Kollywood work.

Siva Anna does the mastering. Mastering is another art. Say you have an album which has 10 songs. Each song has a different volume level. Say you start to listen to the CD – you will have to adjust the volume for every song – either make it loud or soft – which is a hassle. What Siva Anna does is that he makes sure all the volume levels of each song are the same so that a listener only has to set the volume at the beginning of the 1st Song and its stays the same right throughout. KJ also does the Mastering. they do it Vice-Versa.

Samidurai – calls musicians and singers and arrangers with them the date and time with them for recording.
[/tscii:c85f8c340c]

Yathu
12th May 2010, 04:16 PM
Informative post Lancelot.

I find it a bit hard to believe that T. R. Chetan does the whole background score! It'd be quite disappointing if ARRs contributions were minimal in it.

I got this from wiki about what an arranger does:

The American Federation of Musicians defines arranging as "the art of preparing and adapting an already written composition for presentation in other than its original form. An arrangement may include reharmonization, paraphrasing, and/or development of a composition, so that it fully represents the melodic, harmonic, and rhythmic structure"

Orchestration differs in that it is only adapting music for an orchestra or musical ensemble while arranging "involves adding compositional techniques, such as new thematic material for introductions, transitions, or modulations, and endings...Arranging is the art of giving an existing melody musical variety"

Arrangers in pop music recordings often add parts for orchestral or band instruments involving new material such that the arrangers may reasonably be considered co-composers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrangement
If all these other people had large chunks of the final outcome of a song, I think I'd feel a bit disappointed. I've always considered ARRs songs as his brainchild! If there is so much input from other people....hmmm. I don't know. :?

ajaybaskar
12th May 2010, 04:32 PM
Yathu,

Of course, each song and BGM is ARR's brainchild. Prior to Chetan, it was Praveen Mani who was doing the job and Suresh Peters was the predecessor to Praveen. Just listen to the BGM of Little John, Udhaya, Thenali, Ottran or Coolie and you can find they are no where near ARR's output. Chetan is just the arranger and he has done remixes of ARR songs in JTYJN and also MSV's Ponmagal Vandhaal in ATM for which he was credited in the CD inlay covers. Moreover, ARR is not a person who would take the credit for others' work. :)

satissh_r
12th May 2010, 04:37 PM
Yathu,

Of course, each song and BGM is ARR's brainchild. Prior to Chetan, it was Praveen Mani who was doing the job and Suresh Peters was the predecessor to Praveen. Just listen to the BGM of Little John, Udhaya, Thenali, Ottran or Coolie and you can find they are no where near ARR's output. Chetan is just the arranger and he has done remixes of ARR songs in JTYJN and also MSV's Ponmagal Vandhaal in ATM for which he was credited in the CD inlay covers. Moreover, ARR is not a person who would take the credit for others' work. :)

Jeyarajnu oruthar Mudhalvanla kuda intha velaya than partharu :)

Scale
12th May 2010, 04:50 PM
http://twitter.com/naviniyer

@metalsaint composed for Raavan???? ARR will kill us if he sees this. You mean if i've played in Raavan? No dude :) It is Naveen.

4:33 AM Apr 28th via web in reply to metalsaint

:rotfl:

It took almost 3 weeks down the line to trace this post. Note that he himself a composer and long time associate of ARR.

lancelot
12th May 2010, 04:55 PM
If all these other people had large chunks of the final outcome of a song, I think I'd feel a bit disappointed. I've always considered ARRs songs as his brainchild! If there is so much input from other people....hmmm. I don't know. :?

feel the same did i, its a good question as to how much of ARR do we actually hear.

lancelot
12th May 2010, 04:57 PM
Yathu,

Jeyarajnu oruthar Mudhalvanla kuda intha velaya than partharu :)

its fact that ARR gives credit where its due.

jangofett
12th May 2010, 06:41 PM
Interesting talk on the role that ARR plays in music output these days!!! Back in 1993 - when Thiruda Thiruda was released - there was no doubt that it was written (together with VM), produced, and arranged by ARR. These days - ATM - for example - the Ponmagal remix - it was like ARR produced the track but someone else mixed it which is quite common in the West. We have different people for keyboards, guitars, drums, etc.

I also hate Lotus Five Star CD packaging in Malaysia - simply horrible. Back in the 90s, at least the Pyramid CDs had booklets with lots of photos, lyrics, and credits - I cherish my Mr Romeo, Minsara Kanavu, Muthu, Indian, Love Birds, Iruvar, etc. CDs from Pyramid.

My ARR-MR Top List
1. Thiruda Thiruda - More era defining than Gentleman
2. Dil Se - Anu Malik and the Hindi music industry bowed down to ARR
3. Roja - Revolutionary
4. AP - Good enough to win both Hindi and Tamil Filmfare awards
5. Bombay - Bridge between Tamil/Hindi
6. Guru
7. Iruvar
8. Yuva/AE - Jana Gana Mana
9. Raavan/Raavanan - Will have to wait for the movie
10. KM - National award winner

Raavan seems will work well with visuals and is good as a collection of songs - it lacks a killer song as the backbone...

Yathu
13th May 2010, 02:54 AM
Yathu,

Yeah, I wasn't saying ARR would take credit for the work of others. I was just wondering what their input to the process would be. How much does ARR give to the arrangers & then what are they allowed to do?

Its all quite confusing. Maybe I just want ARR to do everything! That's just unrealistic with his workload. :)

Yathu
13th May 2010, 02:59 AM
30-sec promos of Telugu version of Raavanan (Villain):

http://www.facebook.com/arrahman

MADDY
13th May 2010, 09:09 AM
Its all quite confusing. Maybe I just want ARR to do everything! That's just unrealistic with his workload. :)

many people confuse the "jamming"(ideas from singers/instrumentalists) part to
"composition" by musicians/singers but people like shreya ghosal, etc have clearly outlined that its rahman who gives the basic chord structure and singers improvise on it.......even the improvisations have further improvisations by thalaivar and its all thalaivar from there on to the point he writes the notes or records them and store it.......musical notes to the T are still written by thalaivar but the arrangement, mixing, sound part are all done by others........it has been like this always.......no change as far as i have read and known abt this man....

btw, when someone asked him why dont u do acoustic recording and always do digital recording - he replied that - he has worked in acoustic recording setup as well during MSV/IR days...........moreover, even today he does record the initial version as acoustic and later mixes them in digital - if im not wrong, he is the only composer in India doing this way completely.......

also, once late H.Sridhar remarked that ARRahman is the best sound engineer in the world - so he knows all those mixing, arranging, additional programming work.........infact ARR frnds have said that there is nothing that ARRahman "doesent know" how to do in a recording studio be it a MSV days old type studio or the most hi-fi panchathan record inn :bow: ............i know the question is not abt whether thalaivar knows or doesent know but abt whether he does or not, i think the first para must be some answer to that question.....

*all these info taken from Kamini Mathai's book on ARRahman.....

raghavendran
13th May 2010, 03:00 PM

"composition" by musicians/singers but people like shreya ghosal, etc have clearly outlined that its rahman who gives the basic chord structure and singers improvise on it.......even the improvisations have further improvisations by thalaivar and its all thalaivar from there on to the point he writes the notes or records them and store it.......musical notes to the T are still written by thalaivar but the arrangement, mixing, sound part are all done by others........it has been like this always.......no change as far as i have read and known abt this man....

btw, when someone asked him why dont u do acoustic recording and always do digital recording - he replied that - he has worked in acoustic recording setup as well during MSV/IR days...........moreover, even today he does record the initial version as acoustic and later mixes them in digital - if im not wrong, he is the only composer in India doing this way completely.......

also, once late H.Sridhar remarked that ARRahman is the best sound engineer in the world - so he knows all those mixing, arranging, additional programming work.........infact ARR frnds have said that there is nothing that ARRahman "doesent know" how to do in a recording studio be it a MSV days old type studio or the most hi-fi panchathan record inn :bow: ............i know the question is not abt whether thalaivar knows or doesent know but abt whether he does or not, i think the first para must be some answer to that question.....

*all these info taken from Kamini Mathai's book on ARRahman..... :thumbsup: :clap:

rayan36
13th May 2010, 04:57 PM

*all these info taken from Kamini Mathai's book on ARRahman..... :thumbsup: :clap:

very informative indeed dude....

rayan36
13th May 2010, 05:02 PM
Yathu,

Yeah, I wasn't saying ARR would take credit for the work of others. I was just wondering what their input to the process would be. How much does ARR give to the arrangers & then what are they allowed to do?

Maybe coz its only in Tamil movies he does that :cry: maybe he doesnt care for movies like ATM or Thenali...u can see the BGM for movies before 2001, the difference is there for BGM...correct me if im wrong here...i really miss his BGM in the likes of May Madham...or Mr.Romeo for that matter....

rayan36
13th May 2010, 05:07 PM
rayan,Aundazjay,kambar neenga sonnathu ellam sarithan!lotus thavira malaysia-la distibuter yaarum illa!nalla kolla adikarangga!!!

we shd really say what we think abt this :evil:

ajaybaskar
13th May 2010, 05:43 PM
Rayan,

The BGM for Thenali, Udhaya were done by Praveen Mani and not ARR. Due to time constraints, PM did the BGM works. I dont think the BGM quality has deteriorated in ARR films. VTV, Sakkarakatti (The movie didnt deserve it though) had top quality bgms.

Yathu
13th May 2010, 11:39 PM
*all these info taken from Kamini Mathai's book on ARRahman.....

Wow I need to get my hands on that book! Sounds like a good read. (not endorsed by ARR though!)

rayan36
14th May 2010, 07:20 AM
Back in the 90s, at least the Pyramid CDs had booklets with lots of photos, lyrics, and credits - I cherish my Mr Romeo, Minsara Kanavu, Muthu, Indian, Love Birds, Iruvar, etc. CDs from Pyramid.

same here bro....

K
14th May 2010, 11:29 AM
http://charuonline.com/blog/?p=479

Action

http://mayilravanan.blogspot.com/2010/05/s.html

Reaction

Mahen
14th May 2010, 08:55 PM
[tscii:e20d1c91bb]
Were songs of ‘Raavanan’ written first in Hindi and then written in ‘Tamil’ or was it written in both languages simultaneously?

None of the songs share any relationship with ‘Hindi’ and ‘Tamil’. It was only one story. Both ‘Gulzar’ and ‘Vairamuthu’ were told the same stories. It was the same tune and the same plot. He (Gulzar) has thought for the ethnical background of the Hindi audience and their cultural milieu and I have thought for the Tamil audience and our cultural milieu. The tune does not have any color. A tune is a tune. The language that fits the tune is the tune’s color. Water has no shape. Water’s shape is the shape of the vessel in which it is poured in.

The tune takes the shape of the language that is poured in. Hindi has a different ethnical backdrop and Tamil has a different ethnical backdrop. It is the style. Both the languages are at the same height in terms of their respective styles. So, instead of debating whether the Tamil song is the best or the Hindi song is the best, the songs should be understood in their respective languages, platform and ethnical background. This is the best way of understanding music I believe.
http://600024.com/exclusive-interview-with-vairamuthu-part-i-about-raavanan-songs/

:clap: [/tscii:e20d1c91bb]

Mahen
14th May 2010, 08:56 PM
[tscii:b797c98ef9]
What is ‘Chiyaan Kaattai Thoandi Paartha Chemman Oothu Rattham?’ (Kodu Poatta song) Is there anything called ‘Chiyaan Kaadu’?

In Tamil, we have been losing a lot of words that represent relationships. A lot of relationships have vanished. In China, a general notion exists that says blood ties will be lost by the next century. When parents decide one child is enough, if there is going to be only one son or daughter, if a generation passes by without fraternal relationships, a lot of relationships will die…. in China.

‘Chiyaan’ is one such relationship that was lost. Who is the father of your father? Grandfather! What do you call your Grandfather’s father? That is ‘Chiyaan!’ Grandfather’s father! The relationship called ‘Chiyaan’ existed in Tamil Nadu. You know why? When the grandson was born, the Tamil society had Grandfather’s fathers alive. They worked hard. Hence, there was a time when they lived up to 110 years. Another important thing is, if a man entered the wedlock at the age of 18, the age difference between a father and a son would only be 19 years.

The difference between his father (the grandfather) and the son would be 48 years. Even a 48 year old Grandson might get an opportunity to see his Chiyaan (Great Grandfather). Even a 10 year old boy might be able to see his Chiyaan. The Chiyaan is the father of the Grandfather. The term died out. I have seen my ‘Chiyaan’. We do not know how many of us got the opportunity to see our ‘Chiyaans’. Some of us may know only our fathers while we may not have seen even our Grandfathers.

The whole of this generation loses such an experience. The experience, the value of the relationships and the love in the relationships are lost. So, this song has brought the deceased relationship called ‘Chiyaan’ back to life. ‘Chiyaan Kaadu’ refers to the lineage. The Chiyaan Kaadu was ploughed by me, my father, my grandfather and my grandfather’s father.

He hadn’t gotten his land with ease. They had to shed their blood in order to retain their land. When foreign invasion and other external factors put them in a position to lose their lands, they saved their lands by shedding enormous blood. In the land or in the red sand, the remnants are not the quality of the soil but the quality of the blood. I felt a stir of blood when I wrote “Chiyaan Kaattai Thoandi Paarthaal Chemman Oothu Rattham Thaan.” Apart from that, when I wrote “Settha Kezhavi ezhuthi veittha Otha chotthum Veeramada,” my body took a shudder.

When writing carries one’s own experiences, the pride and courage of the soil, the song gets its soul and springs to life. That is in this song. The song was not written for the film, I have written the song for myself.

:shock: [/tscii:b797c98ef9]

vibinrajmani
15th May 2010, 12:59 AM
http://www.images.behindwoods.com/photo-galleries-q1-09/tamil-photo-gallery/raavanan-promotion/index.html

Thalaivar is looking great and I wonder if he rendered that extra song :think:

Yathu
15th May 2010, 01:32 AM
New trailer (I think :? ):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0a3XcY1U68

LOOKS GREAT!

Is that Prabhu at the 1:00 min mark? :shock:

Mahen
15th May 2010, 06:21 AM
http://www.images.behindwoods.com/photo-galleries-q1-09/tamil-photo-gallery/raavanan-promotion/index.html

Thalaivar is looking great and I wonder if he rendered that extra song :think:
YEs...

The performances were rounded off with a delightful combination of Kaviperarasu Vairamuthu and Rahman. As the former read out lines he had written; Varuven Naane Meendum Varuven; Rahman put the lines to tune and sang them. The song is not part of the Raavanan audio CD, but we hope it will be part of the movie.

m_karthik
15th May 2010, 06:42 AM
Because of ARR's daughter's operation on May 5th, may be this function has been postponed from the earlier date to May 14th without any fanfare release on release date.

Adhukulla Mani-ARR dont concentrate on tamil nu complaints...

May be all actions has some concrete reasons. No one acts intentionally when it comes to business. Definitely Mani will not except for the cameraderie.

jinju
15th May 2010, 10:05 AM
thanks Mahen....

Vairamuthu :notworthy:

satissh_r
15th May 2010, 10:23 AM
Audio Launch Pictures - Courtesy : A M Aravind, arrahmanfans yahoogroups.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=178164&id=502836851&l=cef0ba3c1c

Ramakrishna
15th May 2010, 10:42 AM
Additional song i tamil :redjump: :redjump:

Mahen
15th May 2010, 11:01 AM
thanks Mahen....

Thanks to aravindmano actually :)

vibinrajmani
15th May 2010, 04:00 PM
Ranjha Ranjha Promo:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RaavanTheFilm#p/a/u/0/I1WIny6Z-Kc

breathtaking stuff from MR :2thumbsup:

vibinrajmani
15th May 2010, 04:24 PM
Here is ARR rendering the extra song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peYYP8r0dpk

Wish they had put it on the CD!!

shocker
15th May 2010, 04:46 PM
Can I just say that the Tamil version of the unreleased song beats the Hindi version hands down.

Mahen
15th May 2010, 04:54 PM

:ty: Veera is written by mani :)

raghavendran
16th May 2010, 02:49 PM

:ty: Veera is written by mani :)oh..well i didnt like the lyrics though :?

AudazJay
17th May 2010, 01:17 PM

Well, I'm yet to understand what he was trying to tell through the lyrics actually

raghavendran
17th May 2010, 02:18 PM

Well, I'm yet to understand what he was trying to tell through the lyrics actuallyyup...no meaning..it was fill up of raman,raavanan,rendumdhaan..etc :?

Roshan
17th May 2010, 10:52 PM
thanks Mahen....

Is this related to those behindwood pictures ? Very boring pictures - 80 shots from 2 angles. After the 28th picture I clicked the last expecting something different - but again a similar one. Vikram'ku udanadi thEvai oru nalla costume designer.

rayan36
18th May 2010, 12:02 PM
[tscii:3c5e91ad91]
What is ‘Chiyaan Kaattai Thoandi Paartha Chemman Oothu Rattham?’ (Kodu Poatta song) Is there anything called ‘Chiyaan Kaadu’?

In Tamil, we have been losing a lot of words that represent relationships. A lot of relationships have vanished. In China, a general notion exists that says blood ties will be lost by the next century. When parents decide one child is enough, if there is going to be only one son or daughter, if a generation passes by without fraternal relationships, a lot of relationships will die…. in China.

‘Chiyaan’ is one such relationship that was lost. Who is the father of your father? Grandfather! What do you call your Grandfather’s father? That is ‘Chiyaan!’ Grandfather’s father! The relationship called ‘Chiyaan’ existed in Tamil Nadu. You know why? When the grandson was born, the Tamil society had Grandfather’s fathers alive. They worked hard. Hence, there was a time when they lived up to 110 years. Another important thing is, if a man entered the wedlock at the age of 18, the age difference between a father and a son would only be 19 years.

The difference between his father (the grandfather) and the son would be 48 years. Even a 48 year old Grandson might get an opportunity to see his Chiyaan (Great Grandfather). Even a 10 year old boy might be able to see his Chiyaan. The Chiyaan is the father of the Grandfather. The term died out. I have seen my ‘Chiyaan’. We do not know how many of us got the opportunity to see our ‘Chiyaans’. Some of us may know only our fathers while we may not have seen even our Grandfathers.

The whole of this generation loses such an experience. The experience, the value of the relationships and the love in the relationships are lost. So, this song has brought the deceased relationship called ‘Chiyaan’ back to life. ‘Chiyaan Kaadu’ refers to the lineage. The Chiyaan Kaadu was ploughed by me, my father, my grandfather and my grandfather’s father.

He hadn’t gotten his land with ease. They had to shed their blood in order to retain their land. When foreign invasion and other external factors put them in a position to lose their lands, they saved their lands by shedding enormous blood. In the land or in the red sand, the remnants are not the quality of the soil but the quality of the blood. I felt a stir of blood when I wrote “Chiyaan Kaattai Thoandi Paarthaal Chemman Oothu Rattham Thaan.” Apart from that, when I wrote “Settha Kezhavi ezhuthi veittha Otha chotthum Veeramada,” my body took a shudder.

When writing carries one’s own experiences, the pride and courage of the soil, the song gets its soul and springs to life. That is in this song. The song was not written for the film, I have written the song for myself.

:shock: [/tscii:3c5e91ad91]

i thought Chiyaa was just a name coz Vikram is in it... :shock:

Scale
18th May 2010, 12:15 PM
Contn 2 & 3...

http://600024.com/exclusive-interview-with-vairamuthu-part-ii-about-endhiran-superstar-rajinikanth-comparsion-between-gulzars-raavan-tamil-raavanan-songs/

http://600024.com/exclusive-interview-with-vairamuthu-part-iii-working-with-illayaraja-golden-age-for-lyricists-vairamuthu-as-mlc/

lancelot
18th May 2010, 12:50 PM
i thought Chiyaa was just a name coz Vikram is in it... :shock:
i thought so too until i read that post. the song means so much more now :)
thank you for that post btw

jinju
19th May 2010, 11:05 AM
thanks Mahen....

Is this related to those behindwood pictures ? Very boring pictures - 80 shots from 2 angles. After the 28th picture I clicked the last expecting something different - but again a similar one. Vikram'ku udanadi thEvai oru nalla costume designer.

ah, pictures :roll: ?

i was responding to the vairamuthu interview where he xplains the reason behind the lyrics, esply the Kodu Potta song...even i thot it's just a reference to vikram as his nick is chiyaan, but after reading the poet's interview, got the real meaning...just takes the song to a different plane altogether! evvlo per inga vandhu Vairamuthu sariyilla, poetry illa, lyrics kevalam ippdi ellaam comment panraanga from morn to night...if only, one cud pause for a while before commenting on such legends!

leosimha
19th May 2010, 01:10 PM
Usure Pogudhey/Behne De is simply superb...ARR...:clap:

AudazJay
19th May 2010, 03:14 PM
Kalvare (telugu) song promo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDjUIiUwPe4&feature=youtu.be/

Appu s
19th May 2010, 09:37 PM

:ty: :ty:

Yuvi
20th May 2010, 05:25 PM
Addicted to Kaatu Siruki ..

Thanks to Rahman for using Anuradha's voice at her best.. Hope she continues with such numbers in the future and avoid the likes of dandanaka songs. adhuku thaan Suchi irukaalae

Shankar Mahadevan is as usual with his voice.

raghavendran
20th May 2010, 07:17 PM

Thanks to Rahman for using Anuradha's voice at her best.. Hope she continues with such numbers in the future and avoid the likes of dandanaka songs. adhuku thaan Suchi irukaalae

Shankar Mahadevan is as usual with his voice. :lol: :lol: ...yes

Yathu
25th May 2010, 03:37 PM
Katta Katta Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTGFnA_BCnU

Priyamani is in this one.

Dragun
27th May 2010, 10:05 AM

Shankar Mahadevan is as usual with his voice.

I had the opposite reaction to the song. Couldn't stand her voice here. I much prefer Ranjha Ranjha.

Yathu
27th May 2010, 10:37 PM
Kaatu Siriki Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxZkq8r04-s

I'm really liking Kaatu Siriki at the moment. :D

rvsarna
28th May 2010, 01:57 PM
hi guys check it out the making of raavan's music ;)

part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRIFzQBHjvg&feature=related

part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8gggpNVQpg&feature=related

Dragun
29th May 2010, 06:57 AM
I just noticed that there's an extra verse in Thok De Killi that is not in the Tamil version, Kodu Poatta. It comes at 3:43 in the song.

Sehte sehte ab to gardan ghar tak tar jaate hain
Choti ho gayi khabarein, bin mundi bhi marr jaate hain
Sadiyon se chalta aaya hai ooch neech ka lambha kissa
Ab ki vaar hisaab chuka le, cheen ke le le apna hissa
Apna khoon bhi laal hi hoga, khol ke dekh le khaal ke jhilli

Sure enough, I checked the running times, and Thok De Killi is about 15 seconds longer.

shocker
31st May 2010, 04:44 PM
After listening to both Tamil and Hindi versions many many many times I conclude that the Hindi version is easily better. There is much more emotion behind the singers' performances and lyrics seem to flow better.

Yathu
2nd June 2010, 12:25 AM
Keda Kari promo:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Cv99nFvfxAs

:D

Yathu
3rd June 2010, 10:16 PM
Raavan premiere to be held in London on June 16th!

http://twitter.com/RaavanTheFilm

littlemaster1982
4th June 2010, 06:14 AM
Yathu,

Are you going?

Yathu
4th June 2010, 02:09 PM
Yeah I might go down and see the stars going in. Never done the "screaming fan at the red carpet" thing. :lol: I wonder if ARR will be there, it's right in the middle of his tour. :?

I'm hoping they'll give out tickets for the screening itself too.

littlemaster1982
4th June 2010, 10:53 PM
Hope you get the tickets for the premiere and be the first hubber to post review :)

Yathu
4th June 2010, 10:56 PM
It might be a private event like the VTV audio launch. :(

shocker
5th June 2010, 01:53 AM
Doubt ARR would be there, it is not mentioned on the twitter, and isn't he in the US around that time?

raghavendran
5th June 2010, 08:14 AM
yathu,if u r goin..u r the luckiest person..

ajaybaskar
5th June 2010, 11:08 AM
Yathu has already met ARR once.. If he is gonna meet ARR again, then he is going to be my 'Jenma Virodhi' from then.. :lol:

Yathu
5th June 2010, 04:24 PM
:lol:

There still no details of where its happening and I think ARR will probably not be there!

raghavendran
6th June 2010, 08:48 AM
Yathu has already met ARR once.. If he is gonna meet ARR again, then he is going to be my 'Jenma Virodhi' from then.. :lol:yes even maddy has seen arr live at times of india launch in chennai... :evil: ..naan dhaan parthedillai..

littlemaster1982
6th June 2010, 09:00 AM
Ajay-kitta poi adhai sollittu irukkeenga, avarumdhaan kooda ponaaru :lol:

ajaybaskar
6th June 2010, 10:33 AM

Raghav,

Inga neraiya Hubbers ARRai paathurukkom. Maddy, LM, Ramakrishna, Venkiraja, me, Rajarasigan, Softsword, etc. But what I meant was meeting ARR. Yathu had actually spoken a few words with him. :-)

raghavendran
6th June 2010, 05:42 PM

Raghav,

Inga neraiya Hubbers ARRai paathurukkom. Maddy, LM, Ramakrishna, Venkiraja, me, Rajarasigan, Softsword, etc. But what I meant was meeting ARR. Yathu had actually spoken a few words with him. :-)ya i get it..ana pakardhe periye vishayam..naa innum paakkaleye :(

Yathu
7th June 2010, 01:14 AM
Little kid playing Usure Poguthe on keyboard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7DpUh_leSo

Yathu
8th June 2010, 05:59 PM
Competition for a chance to meet Abishek & Aish at the London premiere:

http://www.thamarai.com/news-details.php?id=157

-------------------------

The premiere is supposedly happening at the BFI Southbank.

Yathu
8th June 2010, 06:01 PM
New Raavan Promo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UsdbogSEt8

Looks good!!

raghavendran
9th June 2010, 08:31 AM
New Raavan Promo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UsdbogSEt8

Looks good!!waiting for the thamizh version of this trailor

ajaybaskar
9th June 2010, 10:43 AM
Heard that ARR has used lot of African sounds in the background score of Raavan, pretty similar to the ones in 'Veera' track.

Yathu
9th June 2010, 07:50 PM
Win tickets for the Raavan premiere in London!

http://www.thamarai.com/news-details.php?id=159

rayan36
10th June 2010, 05:55 AM
[tscii:a116b3c702]Raavan v/s Raavan
IndiaGlitz [Monday, June 07, 2010]

Eh… this sounds strange but its true. Sometimes we become our own enemy and this might be the case with Mani Ratnam’s forthcoming flick ‘Raavan’ starring Aishwarya, Abhishek and south star Vikram.

Come June 18 and ‘Raavan’ wil be the unique case of a film competing with none other then its mirror image. ‘Raavan’ is simultaneously made in Hindi and Tamil and both are releasing on the same date. The modern take on Ramayan in its Hindi version stars Abhishek Bachchan as Raavan, Govinda as Hanuman, Aishwarya as Seeta and South star Vikram as Ram. The fact is that Tamil films having much bigger clout in overseas territories may affect the prospects of the Hindi version. The Hindi version is already facing problems with KFCC (Karnataka Film Chamber Of Commerce) which has allowed only twenty four theatres to screen the film.

In the Tamil version, Vikram is playing Raavan and that may add more salt to the wounds of the Hindi version where Abhishek plays the title role and is having mighty expectations from it.

Well we keep our fingers crossed till June 18 and let the ‘junta’ decide

[/tscii:a116b3c702]

Scale
12th June 2010, 12:32 PM
5 more heads

http://www.raavan-thefilm.com/

united07
17th June 2010, 12:24 PM
http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/broadband/video/The-Making-of-the-Movie/4hJVGZ40/3/Making-Of-Raavan-Part-2.html

Check out the BGM that starts at 11:00....cool!

jangofett
18th June 2010, 09:06 PM
Watched the movie today at PJ State in Malaysia - full house!!! The movie's visual is breath-taking. Can be watched for the stunning shots!!! Veera song wasted as used for movie credits in the beginning with images of Veera.

SVN
18th June 2010, 11:46 PM
Unfortunately the reviewers in almost all sites have torn the movie apart and called it the biggest disappointment. One reviewer has said, 'I want my Mani back' indicating his disappointment. Have yet to catch this movie.

Kumar2020
19th June 2010, 05:41 AM
saw the movie on 17th itself....i guess they have released the movie here in malaysia a day earlier...enjoyed the movie...superb performance by all the actors....the bgm is awesome...and the song which ar.rahman sang which was not in the cd's was used at the end

Kumar2020
19th June 2010, 05:45 AM
and the fight scenes at the end between vikram n prithviraj on the bridge is excellent!!...i think its computer graphics but it looked real...

jangofett
19th June 2010, 08:37 PM
It's a movie that's not going to be well-received now but will be hailed as a classic later.

I love that the movie asks is Veera bad or good - depends on the time, situation just as whether Dev is good or bad - morally grey areas.

Even though everybody knew that the movie was using Ramayana as inspiration - I never thought how Manirathnam was going to handle the "trial by fire" storyline but I started to ask myself as I watched the movie and it was answered in the climax!!! I really wanted Veera and the lady to be together - she can always divorce Dev.

Prabhu and Karthik - heros from Agni Natchatiram are great but it seems Prabhu has been doing these type of roles a lot lately. Priyamani reminds of her in Paruthi Veeran mode. Vaiyapuri brings the house down as a gay character.

ARR's new song comes towards the end of the movie after the climax. New version of Katu Cherikee used - which is very good.
I'm going to watch the movie again on Sunday!!!

united07
19th June 2010, 10:25 PM
[tscii:5ecd38f5f4]RAAVAN EARNS A RARE DISTINCTION IN THE US!

Mani Ratnam’s Raavan opened to packed houses in the US. Interestingly, the film has received rave reviews from the American media. The New York Times has reported it to be a Critics’ Pick, a distinction that is very rare for an Indian film.

Other dailies that raved about Raavan were Variety and Hollywood Reporter.

New York Times published: “Raavan” has “Bollywood glamour aplenty, with the lovely if occasionally dramatically challenged Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Bachchan’s wife, playing the Sita stand-in… The real star, though, is Ratnam, a talented visual storyteller who directs action crisply and fills the screen with striking images.”

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/jun-10-03/raavan-mani-ratnam-19-06-10.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/18/movies/18raavan.html

This film has been designated as a Critics' Pick.

The low-caste Beera rules the forest in “Raavan,” Mani Ratnam’s richly atmospheric adaptation of the Indian epic “The Ramayana.” Though the film takes place in the present, Mr. Ratnam’s forest remains an appropriately primeval place for mythic doings, full of fog and mists and rain and Beera’s mud-painted followers (shades of “Apocalypse Now”).

Raavan (Ravana in Sanskrit), as every Indian knows, is the demon in “The Ramayana” who kidnaps Sita, the wife of Rama: king, deity and model husband (as Sita is the model wife). Early on in Mr. Ratnam’s film the question is asked: Is Beera (a gleefully hammy Abhishek Bachchan) Robin Hood or Raavan? He’s both — and more a hero in this telling, set on his turf, than is the Rama character, a cop called Dev (Vikram), who matches Beera in brutality and cunning, but not in heart.

“Raavan” has Bollywood glamour aplenty, with the lovely if occasionally dramatically challenged Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Mr. Bachchan’s wife, playing the Sita stand-in. The real star, though, is Mr. Ratnam, a talented visual storyteller who directs action crisply and fills the screen with striking images. (One, of Ms. Bachchan’s falling body landing gracefully on a tree branch, is so good he uses it three times.)

Artful but not arty, Mr. Ratnam, whose films include “Dil Se” and “Guru,” delivers the goods: There are songs and dances (A. R. Rahman of “Slumdog Millionaire” fame did the excellent score), and an eye-popping climactic battle, between the bad-good Beera and the good-bad Dev, on a teetering suspension bridge. And that, folks, is entertainment.

[/tscii:5ecd38f5f4]

baroque
21st June 2010, 05:02 AM
Watched Raavanan...Tamil.

I loved it for visuals, camera, magnificent Vikram - facial gestures. :clap: (bak bak bak.. should have been less.)

Priyamani has done a nice job.
(Priyamani's marriage is in north Indian temple? :roll:
கல்யாணத்துக்கு எதுக்கு north indiaபோயிட்டாங்க .. நம்ப தமிழ்நாட்டுலேயே ஒரு கோயில்லே பண்ணிருக்கலாம் ..சரி..போயிட்டு போறது ..தமிழ் கல்யாணத்துலே எங்க பாட்டு பாடறாங்க ... சினிமா கற்பனைதானே :) )
vikram's emotional acting in the scene...ஓலமிட்டு அழ முடியாமல் when he sees his sister's body, பலமாக இருபக்கமும் இருப்போரை இறுக்கமா பிடிப்பாரு ... very touching. :cry: my heart is very heavy.

Prithvi is good.
Cruel S.P...DEV, he pressed the broken hand of Priyamani's hubby..very painful to watch... How cruel!

2 போட்டோ scenes are very memorable .

தேவ் ராகினி போட்டோவை காமிச்சு இவங்களை பார்த்துருக்கீங்கலானு
கேட்டுண்டே, மெதுவா வீரையா போட்டோவை நகர்த்துவாறு...அவளை தேடி வரும் போது.

அதே மாதிரி, ராகினி கிட்ட வீரா, நான் S .P tent ல் போட்டோ பார்த்தேன்.. என்னோட போட்டோ ன்னு சொல்லும் போது... VERY CLEVER .

water falls, celebration songs in the rains, rivers, jungles, lush forest... magical Santosh Sivan.
water, water, water, mist, mist, mist... oh, we all know Mr.Mani Rathnam's love for mazhai, mist, water! :)

Climax scene...Dev wins Veera.
ruthless,clever cop cunningly used his wife to win/capture veera.
veera maybe little happy when he dies, but எனக்கு பாவமா இருந்தது ... when he was telling her what he told Dev about her and asked her about what her hubby told her.
Brilliant work from Mani Rathnam.
Veera died :(
in my dreams, I want Veera and Raagini to unite , hug and kiss... romance romance romance in the air... அவா ரெண்டு பேரும்தான் சேரட்டுமே screw the culture! :)

Oh, I absolutely loved VIKRAM. :swinghead:
I need to revisit PITHAMAGAN (Bala's Vikram :thumbsup: ) this week sometime.

Vinatha.

raghavendran
22nd June 2010, 08:37 AM
need to catch raavanan in a multiplex to notice rahman's work..wen i saw it in sangam onnume kekkale..was the bgm silent or theatre sound system problem :huh:

littlemaster1982
22nd June 2010, 10:47 AM
Sangam's sound system is quite good. I'm not sure what the problem is. I was not satisfied by the output too in the theater I watched, which has a good sound system.

rayan36
22nd June 2010, 11:38 AM
[tscii:5ca792235b]Amitabh unhappy with ‘Raavan’
IndiaGlitz [Monday, June 21, 2010]

Even as the much-hyped ‘Raavan’, starring his son Abhishek Bachchan in the lead, opened to mixed reviews, Amitabh Bachchan has expressed unhappiness over the film’s editing, which, according to him, ruined Abhishek’s performance.

“It's “sad”, in the edit you only see the after-effect of that thinking process, hence inconsistent. In the edit, all the visual heads got cut and you see a confused ‘Beera’ expression and wonder why?” Amitabh wrote on a microblogging site.

“Lot of the merited film edited out, causing inconsistent performance and narrative. Abhishek's erratic behaviour was due to symbolic 10 heads visually appearing and each giving him different attitudes to adopt for a situation, he would then finally shake them off and decide,” he said.

And when he appeared online for the second time during the day, Amitabh accused the media of misinterpreting his statement as an affront to the film’s director Mani Ratnam. “There has and shall always be respect and dignity for him… media playing with words. Mani is one of our finest directors... he should never stop making films.”

Meanwhile, protagonist of the movie’s Tamil version ‘Raavanan’ Vikram and cinematographer for both the versions Santosh Sivan came to the defence of Mani Ratnam. While Santosh Sivan said the director's prerogative cannot be questioned by anyone, Vikram said the audience was the ultimate judge.

[/tscii:5ca792235b]

jinju
22nd June 2010, 03:00 PM
anyone here, where can we get the movie version of Raanjha Raanjha/Kaattu Sirukki? is it/bgm available anywhere in the net yet? pls keep me posted here if n when it becomes available...

ajaybaskar
22nd June 2010, 05:01 PM
Also that 'Naan varuven' song. Thats a masterpiece. Signature stuff from the boss.. Such songs make me love him more and more...

ajaybaskar
22nd June 2010, 05:26 PM
Jaa Ud Jaa Re - Recorded in theatre

http://www.4shared.com/audio/KB3fc5_l/Ravan_-Jaa_ud_ja_re_-Unrelease.html

Source: ARRYG

Mahen
22nd June 2010, 07:09 PM
Am i the only who heard Thiruda Thiruda bgm in ravanan? :roll:

Ramakrishna
22nd June 2010, 09:06 PM
Am i the only who heard Thiruda Thiruda bgm in ravanan? :roll:

I heard AE BGM more than TT BGM.

For the record, I didn't like his BGM in Raavan.

raghavendran
23rd June 2010, 08:26 AM
Also that 'Naan varuven' song. Thats a masterpiece. Signature stuff from the boss.. Such songs make me love him more and more...yup...at the last bit of the movie..abt 20sce to go.the song comes...amazing how rahman finds space to insert a song..

ajaybaskar
23rd June 2010, 09:53 AM
Naan Varuven - Recorded in theatre

http://www.ziddu.com/download/10394823/RaavananClimaxSong.wma.html

ajaybaskar
24th June 2010, 04:02 PM
anyone here, where can we get the movie version of Raanjha Raanjha/Kaattu Sirukki? is it/bgm available anywhere in the net yet? pls keep me posted here if n when it becomes available...

http://www.mediafire.com/?mimjd5wotty

jinju
25th June 2010, 09:58 AM

http://www.mediafire.com/?mimjd5wotty

wow, thanks a lotttttttt ajay!

sathya_1979
27th June 2010, 05:45 PM
Raavan in Top-10 Albums (in Amazon Sales List) for Far East & Asia :cool:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/music/63831/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_m_1_3_last

Siv.S
27th June 2010, 05:48 PM
Raavan in Top-10 Albums (in Amazon Sales List) for Far East & Asia :cool:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/music/63831/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_m_1_3_last

:clap: :clap:

ajaybaskar
27th June 2010, 09:34 PM
In an interview to Asianet, Vikram has confirmed that there will be a second audio launch soon for Raavanan audio. 3 songs (Naan Varuven, Kaattu Sirukki slow version and Yudham song) will be added...

jinju
28th June 2010, 09:07 AM
In an interview to Asianet, Vikram has confirmed that there will be a second audio launch soon for Raavanan audio. 3 songs (Naan Varuven, Kaattu Sirukki slow version and Yudham song) will be added...

did any of u guys like it? i found it amateurish :( ...maybe coz i was in a bad state, not liking the film by that time...but even in hindi it sounded as poor..'yudh yudh yudh karo...' the only piece of music/bgm i didn't like in the film!

a sort of arabian humming irukkum couple of scenesla in forest when they show veera after the kidnap, goes like 'asalaa...' i loved it, but my wife was laughing the time it came on saying 'enna adhu? arrkku enna aachu?" i think the bgm/music has also evoked opinions bordering on two extremes...either people have loved it or hated it..any takers here for that bit? :)

Siv.S
28th June 2010, 10:12 AM
did any of u guys like it? i found it amateurish :( ...maybe coz i was in a bad state, not liking the film by that time...but even in hindi it sounded as poor..'yudh yudh yudh karo...' the only piece of music/bgm i didn't like in the film!

Same here,i didnt like that bit,Scene-kku sambanthame illama irunthuchu,Solla pona kovathula poyi rap paaduna mathri thonichu :oops:

rayan36
29th June 2010, 08:13 AM

hope this happens :D

raghavendran
29th June 2010, 06:48 PM
In an interview to Asianet, Vikram has confirmed that there will be a second audio launch soon for Raavanan audio. 3 songs (Naan Varuven, Kaattu Sirukki slow version and Yudham song) will be added... 8-) ..they missed these songs in the original audio...usually rahman album has 8 songs..idhe sethurkalam

ajaybaskar
29th June 2010, 07:02 PM
No.. These songs were composed much later.. Infact 'Naan varuven' was composed the previous night of the audio launch.

raghavendran
30th June 2010, 08:08 AM
No.. These songs were composed much later.. Infact 'Naan varuven' was composed the previous night of the audio launch. :shock:

ajaybaskar
7th July 2010, 05:52 PM
Naan varuvaen HQ

http://rs135.rapidshare.com/files/405472791/Naan_Varuvaen.mp3

raghavendran
7th July 2010, 06:59 PM
Naan varuvaen HQ

http://rs135.rapidshare.com/files/405472791/Naan_Varuvaen.mp3 :ty:

Dragun
8th July 2010, 11:58 AM
Thank you for Naan Varuvene. Such a beautiful song! I got chills when I heard it in the theater.

A.ANAND
8th July 2010, 01:24 PM
Naan varuvaen HQ

thank u boss! :D

ajaybaskar
8th July 2010, 04:16 PM
My pleasure... :-)

Ramakrishna
8th July 2010, 07:14 PM
Can someone zip the naan varuven song and upload? MP3s blocked here.

jinju
14th July 2010, 05:29 PM
Naan varuvaen HQ

shukriya boss :notworthy:

Mahen
14th July 2010, 07:27 PM
Finally Haricharan sang for Rahman 8-)

ajaybaskar
23rd July 2010, 10:48 AM
4 additional tracks that are to be released soon..

Naan Varuvane
Singers: A.R Rahman, Jali Fily Cissokho

Kaattu Chirukki
Singers: Chinna Ponnu, Sangeetha

Kalingathu Bharani

Kora theme
Singer: Jali Fily Cissokho

Thanx: Gopal, ARRYG

Benny Lava
24th July 2010, 04:46 AM
Kora theme

ennaiya peru idhu? Chinni Jeyanth dialogue madhiri....

ajaybaskar
24th July 2010, 07:53 AM

Avar oru African thillalangadinnu kelvipatten.

A.ANAND
24th July 2010, 10:48 AM
Kora theme

:rotfl:

Yathu
24th July 2010, 02:40 PM
:lol: :lol:

Dragun
24th July 2010, 09:46 PM
Benny, Google pannunga!

http://www.myspace.com/jalifilycissokho

baba88
25th July 2010, 05:20 PM
just watched the movie yesterday and i dont know why so many people are hating on this movie. the expressions by the actors which is shown by a bunch of close-up shots and the location where the movie plays are extraordinary. and i feel that it has such a beautiful story. at the beginning of the movie we see Dev as the good and Veera as the bad person but at the end of the movie we see Veera as the good and Dev as the baddy. that the brilliance of mani's abilities to portray characters. and of course there is aishwarya's character which is also well done. she has such a good life till veera comes into her life and she has a kind of stockholm syndrome.

so at the end of the movie the question is: why do we hate Dev at the end of the day although he is a police officer and killed the kidnapper of his wife ?

Mani Rathnam has shown again that he is maybe the best director in India. Just great.

Dragun
25th July 2010, 11:16 PM
so at the end of the movie the question is: why do we hate Dev at the end of the day although he is a police officer and killed the kidnapper of his wife ?

We hate Dev at the end because Ragini was merely a symbol to him. He was more interested in getting revenge against Veera than getting Ragini back. And let's not forget the whole wedding incident.

rayan36
26th July 2010, 08:28 AM
Kora theme

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

raghavendran
26th July 2010, 08:33 AM
Kora theme

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :lol: :lol:

baba88
26th July 2010, 02:49 PM

We hate Dev at the end because Ragini was merely a symbol to him. He was more interested in getting revenge against Veera than getting Ragini back. And let's not forget the whole wedding incident.

So why do you take it so personal ? You can describe the whole incident by the sentence: a police officer chases a criminal (kidnapper). you can see the sincerity of the officer when he even lies to his wife in order to get to the criminal.

Sunil_M88
13th September 2010, 05:39 PM
http://www.4shared.com/audio/YXGgpK4_/Jaa_Udd_Jaa_Unplugged.html

http://www.4shared.com/audio/glWcsAqF/9_-_Yudh_Yudh_-_Naresh_Iyer_Ra.html

http://www.4shared.com/audio/i_uyMWve/7_-_Rut_Beet_Gayi__Jaa_Udd_Jaa.html

http://www.4shared.com/audio/XB2y1bny/11_-_Mayama__Bulgarian_Vox__-_.html

http://www.4shared.com/audio/Q_6gLrku/10_-_Kora_-__Jali_Fily_Cissokh.html

I don't think it's ripped from a dvd as I can't hear any dialogues.

7_-_Rut_Beet_Gayi__Jaa_Udd_Jaa is definitely from the cd of unreleased track and not ripped from dvd/blue-ray as you can't Aishwarya saying beera and also the quality is stereo.

I wonder what happened to the re-launch of the music though.

A.ANAND
17th November 2010, 11:08 AM
Mani Ratnam's Raavanan: The Must-See International Film of 2010

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jim-luce/mani-ratnams-raavanan-the_b_784529.html

Dragun
19th November 2010, 04:43 AM
Mani Ratnam's Raavanan: The Must-See International Film of 2010

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jim-luce/mani-ratnams-raavanan-
the_b_784529.html

"His last film was more low-brow: the low brow hit comedy Guru"

"In Ramayana, the beautiful Sita, wife of Rama - the incarnation of the Hindu preserver-God Vishnu), is kidnapped by the evil Monkey King Hanuman."

Enna kodumai ithu :roll:

K
20th November 2010, 07:01 AM
http://www.mediafire.com/?agack0boccpit55

says's Raavanan Collector's edition

raghavendran
20th November 2010, 06:02 PM
yes me too saw in 123musiq.com..release ayirukka?