PDA

View Full Version : Remembering Chandra Bose

Oldposts
17th February 2008, 12:14 PM
Topic started by Arvind (@ webgate0.mot.com) on Mon Jul 13 00:44:07 EDT 1998.

Many of us here would recall an MD named Chandra Bose, who was actively scoring music for Tamil films till recently. Some of his good songs include "Madhuva Medhuva" from Annanagar Mudhal Theru, "Vanathai Pathen" from Manidhan, etc. In fact, he was at the peak of his popularity in 1988, where he even managed to upstage Ilaiyaraja for a while. So, let's have a discussion about him, and discuss his contributions to TFM ...

Oldposts
There was rumours in late 80's about Chandrabose bashing Raja and Raja bashing chandrabose. When Raja came up with 'Raja Rajathi Rajan Endral raja', Chandrabose came up with, 'Villathi Villanaiyum..(Madhurai Kara Thambi).' Finally, raja came up with, 'Enkite Modhadhey Naan Raajathi..' It was like that. Chandrabose really good numbers in that period. Ithaya Deepam (Many songs are really good), Madhurai Kara Thambi, Thai Male Aaanai etc. He also sang in Vai Kozhupu. Perhaps, it might be the reason for his downfall.

Oldposts
Mano,
The stuff about the competition between Raja and Chandra Bose with the Rajadhi Raja issue was mentioned in Kumudham (perhaps jocularly, or maybe mischievously, as usual). But I don't think there was any such thing in reality.
As for the songs that he sung himself, there was a popular one in "Oru Thottil Sabadham" - Poonchittu Kuruvigala, and one more in "Naan Pudicha Maappillai" - Deepavali Deepavali thaan. In fact, both were sung for janakaraj, and were not out-of-place.
One reason for his downfall could be that IR was staging a comeback in 1989, and Chandra Bose was getting rather jaded, with more songs sounding just like Kakki Chattai Potta Machaan.
But all said and done, he did produce some lilting tunes, which were somewhat original too.

Oldposts
I agree. Indeed he did produce some lilting tunes.
some of them are:
Chinnavale Chinnavaley.. SPB & Sunanda, Ithaya Deepam.
Nee Paarkama Poriya... SPB & UR, Manaivi Oru Manthiri
Entha Kathai solla Naan..SPB & KJJ, Thai Male Aanai.
Iravum Orunaal Vidiyum.. KJJ & Chorus, Madhurai Kaara Thambi.

Oldposts
Mano,
The song Nee Paarkama Poriya is by Shankar-Ganesh.

Interestingly, there was this film "En Rathathin Rathame" (*ing Bhagyaraj, and produced by K. Balaji). The music for this film was to have been scored by Chandra Bose (K. Balaji was supposed to have strongly recommended him). But during the production of the film, there was a misunderstanding between CB and Bhagyaraj, after which he was replaced by Shankar-Ganesh.

Another piece of news about Chandra Bose is that he and Deva were running a music troupe named "Boses-Deva", and conducting stage shows, etc. Bose got his break first, and moved to films, while Deva continued the stage shows. Eventually, Deva also got his break, and is the MD that we all know him to be today. In fact, for the film "Thirumbi Paar", CB scored the BGM and Deva scored the music.

Oldposts
neelak kuyilkal rendu song from Viduthalai
is a good melody scored by CB.

The Question answer type song by him
(funny!!!)
ennap paththi nee enna nenaikkire
unnap paththi naan onnum nenaikkale

Oldposts
chandra bose scored for some paniya rajan movies nethi adi etc

ethetho karpanai vanthu ennai azhaikirathe
kaathal kaayangale -- aangalai nambaathey
paati sollai thattathey

Oldposts
Arvind 'aangalai nambathey'is by Devendran

Oldposts
the same film viduthalai had 'thangamani rangamani'which was a popular song then.

Oldposts
IMO, Gurbaani was much superior to Viduthalai interms of the music. I hope everyone remember A jesay... (I don't the exact words) compared to Raagam Naane Than was much better. Chandrabose original movies aren't not bad at all. He was the MD for Super star Yarro.. (I don't remember the movie), the song wasn't that bad at all. Remember OOmai Kuyil, it has good songs too.

Poo mudikanaum... spb and chitra
En Raasaathi.. spb & chitra
Enna Pathi.. spb & sj

Oldposts
arvind :
ethetho karpanai vanthu ennai azhaikirathe is from the movie "Vaai Kozhuppu" (*ing Pandiarajan, Gauthami)

Mano :
Super star Yarunnu kaetta is from "Raja chinna Roja".

There was a film *ing Satyaraj called "Annakili sonna kadhai", which was'nt very much noticed, but had a goos solo song of SPB. Does anyone have a clue ?

Oldposts
goos should read good. Sorry for the typo !

Oldposts
Chandrabose gave some enduring melodies that will stand the test of time. It's a shame that he is lost to TFM for he deserves a few films a year at least.

Some of my favorites:
Maampoovae Siru Mainaavae a classic duet by KJY and PS from "Machchaanai Paaththingala"

Kolusae Kolusae Isaipaadu Kolusae from an AVM movie starring Ramji and Gowthami.

Neelakuyilgal Rendu from "Viduthalai"

Aendi Muththamma Aethu Punnagai from Aaru Pushpangal

Oldposts
udahya,
aendi muththamma, chandra bose sang it, but
the music by MSV.
Neelakuigalrendu is a wonderful song.
I agree, he was good in mid 80s, but he lacked
variety in his music. He got some few big banner movies in that period, and that also helped his
popularity.
I still remembered hearing so many obscure chandra bose songs, suddenly being asked by listeners in the morning vivid bharathi. The rumor was, Chandrabose clans were doing that on purpose, I still think, there is some amount of truth in it.
But he can be proud for the fact that, he was thest to dislodge IR ( for a very brief period), before ARR, and others did it eventually.

hari

Oldposts
Chandrabose is way ahead in terms of quality when compared to morons like Deva, Sirpi etc.

What about "Sandhosham Kanadha Vaazhvunda.." from Vasanthi, a classic song.

Also Medhuva Medhuva..

Thodi Ragam Paadava..

A very talented person, he is being wasted. A pity.

Oldposts
did CB and deva do a film together?

Oldposts
I don't think so. They were just doing stage shows together. There might be some non filmi devotional albums with their music.

Oldposts
Some pretty decent songs by CB:
- 'Ilankuyil padutho...' from Kaliyugam
- 'Malligaippoo poothirukku..' from Thaai Mel Aanai.
- 'Yetho Nadakkirathu..' from Manidhan
- 'Odaiyinna Nallodai..' from Raasaathi Rosaakili; is it by CB?

Oldposts
can someone list CB's songs in TV serials?

Oldposts
"Aajaare aajaare aajaare"-->"Sandosham kaanadha vaazhvundaa?"
(Aajaare=Manna Dey-Vani jeyaram duet of late 70's)

Oldposts
Some more decent songs include:
Poo pooththathai yaar parthathu - Kathanayagan
Maina maina pattathurani nee parthiyaa, Kudumbam oru kvil endru - Naan pudicha mappillai
Chinna chinna poove - Sankarguru

Oldposts
Another good song from Kaliyugam
"Palliyile velli nila" by SPB

Oldposts
Udhaya,
Koluse koluse is from "Pen puththi mun puththi".

Oldposts
I loved the 'methuva methuva' song. Where is CB now?

Oldposts
he's scoring music for nimmadhi ungaL choice and all other AVM serials in SUN TV.

Oldposts
He is scoring for Urvashi's serial " Panchami" also in SUN T.V

Oldposts
During my college days Chandra bose was my favourite MD. I am glad to see this thread. The songs mentioned here really show that some of our memorable songs are from him.

Chandrabose had sung some songs. Still his best song is 'yendi muththtamma...'(MD: MSV)from 'Aaru pushpangal' Listen it once, you know what I mean.

I think he was working in MSV's group in the beginning. Reportedly Deva and Chandrabose worked together.

The big difference between chandrabose and Deva is that Chandrabose is original!!

It is very possible that the vivid bharathi is fully occupied with his songs at one point. Some of his successfull songs were really 'tupponk kuthhu'. (sankar guru, Vidudhalai)

It will be nice to have a complete list of CB's songs. I think no body mentioned ' poop parikkum Nerathile' from karayai thodatha alaigal.

Joe

Oldposts
Hello All,

CB is coming back with a roar with his new album " MILLENIUYM ISAI " with his latest music trends.The Tamil music field say that all the songs are fantastic sung by SPB,HARIHARAN,SUJATHA,SWARNALATHA,DEVA,SABESAN,UNN IKRISHNAN,SRINIVAS AND HIS SON VINOTH .He is my favourite MD and i saw him in a function 3 months back and he look same as he was in the 80's soo young and raring to start over again.

BEST OF LUCK MY DEAR CB.

Byee all

Oldposts
Hello All,

CB is coming back with a roar with his new album " MILLENIUM ISAI " with his latest music trends.The Tamil music field say that all the songs are fantastic sung by SPB,HARIHARAN,SUJATHA,SWARNALATHA,DEVA,SABESAN,UNN IKRISHNAN,SRINIVAS AND HIS SON VINOTH .He is my favourite MD and i saw him in a function 3 months back and he look same as he was in the 80's soo young and raring to start over again.

BEST OF LUCK MY DEAR CB.

Byee all

Oldposts
many years ago in tamil naadu temple festivals

a person could watch concerts of shankaer - ganesh and opposite of that concert deva - bose
would be conducting concerts
then chandrabose was introduced as a singer by msv in aaru pushpangal with the song endi muththammaa ? .. and then he becam a music director
but after a long time deva got break and became a music director and he did not forget his old friend cb and gave him a song in thaamarai.the song is aththi maram pooththathe athisayam nernthathu.....

Oldposts
a FYI

Not too many people might have known Chandrabose's
mother was a well known singer from yesteryears.
Her name was S.R.Kamalam.S stands for Sirkaazhi,I believe.Chandrabose is another Sirkazhi Native,
besides the "sirkaazhi mUvar",Sirkaazhi G.Rajan
and ofcourse his mother.

Way down in the talent ladder though.

Oldposts
Poo pooththathai yaar parthathu - Kathanayagan
is copy from
Vaishagha Sandye in nadodikattu the malayalam original of kathanayagan
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/music/l/VV000D0F

Oldposts
Thanks Mano..

Mr. Chandrabose is the only composer, who never copied any song himself. Poo pooththai was done at the request of the producer. After that period, he never compromised with coping of any song. He is the only one composer, who can score the music with out any instruments after Raja.
Just watch Melody hits channel.. His composition in arabic become very famous.. We, Tamilian should be proud of his composing..Long live Chandrabose..

Oldposts
Ihave listend a song from vivid bharathi, Starting with an A'adaan ( Muslim's call for prayer) and follows "Rahi oh rahi......It was on mid 70s...Can anyone give me the details of tis song?

Oldposts
yes he is creating great albums in arabic from dubai...i heard one of his popular arabic songs from melody hits and i couldnt believe that a tamilian from sirkazhi has attracted all the people in a different nation with a different language song.. it was really a wonderful song with all latest orchestration and stuff..still iam astonished.. good luck CB .. you are one real master who makes our tamilians proud..

Good Music indeed has no language barriers or geographical boundaries..

his son is my old friend and i got CB's email from him .. it is bose52@hotmail.com ... c'mon guys let send our wishes for our great Music Director Chandrabose..

lets call him back to india and again ask him to score music for tamil films .. he is far more better than the current guys here .. melody with latest technology .. no one can catch him if he comes and starts again ..

Oldposts
Hey all .. you can hear to his song at melody hits here

http://www.melodyhits.tv/docs/artist_albums.asp?aid=1073&tid=883 (http://www.melodyhits.tv/docs/artist_albums.asp?aid=1073&tid=883
)

enjoy
<a name="last"></a>

R.Latha
18th February 2008, 03:01 PM
தமிழ் சினிமாவில் 350-க்கும் மேற்பட்ட படங்களுக்கு இசையமைத்தவர் சந்திரபோஸ். இதில் ரஜினி நடித்த மனிதன், ராஜா சின்னரோஜா உள்ளிட்ட ஏவி.எம்.மின் தயாரிப்பில் வந்த 12 படங்களும் அடங்கும். 1977-ல் தொடங்கிய இவரது இசை சாம்ராஜ்யம் தொடர்ந்து 20 வருடங்களுக்கும்மேலாக நிலைத்தது.

ஒய்வெடுக்கிறாரோ என்ற யோசித்த நேரத்தில் இதோ வந்து விட்டேன் என்று சின்னத்திரையில் ஆஜர். இம்முறை இசையமைப்பாளராக அல்ல, நடிகராக. மெட்டிஒலி சித்திக் தயாரித்த மலர்கள் தொடரில் லிங்கம் என்ற வில்ல கேரக்டரில் தனது நடிப்பால் ரசிகர்களை பயமுறுத்தவும் செய்தார்.

இந்த லிங்கம் கேரக்டருக்கு ரசிகர்கள் மத்தியில் கிடைத்த வரவேற்பு இவரை தொடர்ந்து நடிப்புக்கு முகம் காட்ட வைத்தது. இந்த கேரக்டரில் இவரது நடிப்பை பார்த்த டைரக்டர் தினேஷ் இவரை தனது கத்திக்கப்பல் படத்தில் மெயின் வில்லனாக நடிக்க ஒப்பந்தம் போட்டு விட்டார்.அதோடு ஏவி.எம்.மின் வைர நெஞ்சம் தொடரிலும் மாமனார் கேரக்டரில் குணசித்ர நடிப்பைத் தொடர்ந்து கொண்டிருக்கிறார். மெகா சேனலில் இப்போது திகிலும் தெய்வீகமுமாய் யார் கண்ணன் இயக்கத்தில் ஒளிபரப்பாகிக் கொண்டிருக்கும் ஜனனம் தொடரில் வைத்தியராகவும் வந்து மிரட்டிக் கொண்டிருக்கிறார்.

"இனி தொடர்ந்து நடிப்பு தானா?''

ஜனனம் தொடர் படப்பிடிப்பில் இருந்தவரிடம் கேட்டபோது...

"நடிக்கும் ஆசையில் தான் சினிமாத் துறைக்கே வந்தேன்.ஆனால் வெளிப்படுத்த முடிந்தது எனக்குள் இருந்த இசையைத்தான். 12 வயதிலேயே பாய்ஸ் நாடகக் கம்பெனியில் நடிக்கவந்து விட்டேன். கலைஞர் நடித்த மணிமகுடம் நாடகத்தில் கூட நடித்திருக்கிறேன். கலைஞரின் பராசக்தி நாடகமாக நடந்தபோது அதிலும் நடித்திருக்கிறேன்.என் நடிபபில் எனக்கே திருப்தி ஏற்பட்ட நேரத்தில் தான் சினிமாவுக்கு நடிக்க வந்தேன்.எதிர்பாராமல் இசையமைப்பாளராகி அதில் பிரபலமான நேரத்தில் நடிப்பு ஆசையை ஒத்தி வைத்தேனே தவிர, நடிப்பார்வம் உள்ளூர கனன்று கொண்டுதான் இருந்திருக்கிறது. அதுதான் இத்தனை வருடம் கழித்து மறுபடியும் விஸ்வரூபம் எடுத்திருக்கிறது. இசையமைப்பில் சாதித்ததையும் தாண்டி நடிப்பில் சாதிக்க வேண்டும். அதுதான் இப்போதைக்கு எனக்குள் விதவித கேரக்டர்களாய் வெளிப்பட்டுக் கொண்டிருக்கிறது.''

thriinone
4th June 2009, 12:48 PM
nandri nandri. Chandrabose adhigamaaga pesappadavillai enbathu en varutham. Ilaiyarajavai pola unarvugaLai thatti ezhuppum aatral avar paadalgalil undu. indha thiri pala aboorva paadalgalai pesiyirukkirathu. paadalgal vazhangiya anaivarukkum manamaarndha nandri.

http://www.oosai.com/tamilsongs/idhaya_deepam_songs.cfm

chinnavale chinnavale idhya deebam endra padathilirundhu

http://www.oosai.com/tamilsongs/manithan_songs.cfm

manidhan endra padathil paadalgaL

chinnavale paadal, "vaanatha parthen" paadalai ninaivu paduthugiradhu.

rajeshkrv
6th June 2009, 04:05 AM
yes chandrabose's tunes were always good!!

Manasula enna nenache mazhalayil sollidada by KJY &PS

Unnai potri ezhudha pulavar ingu arugil illai paravaillai SPB & SPS

All are very nice and hit songs..

vel1970
9th June 2009, 08:24 AM
Can you plz give movie name, actors, lyrics writer etc about song "Manasula enna nenache"

rajeshkrv
10th June 2009, 06:56 PM
Manasula enna nenache
periya idathu pillai, Vairamuthu,Arjun and Ramayan Deepika

Shakthiprabha
30th September 2010, 10:21 PM
Forwarding this thread...

http://www.divshare.com/download/5534339-507
நன்றி டிஸ்க்பாக்ஸ்.

என் அஞ்சலி. :bow: :bow:

madhu
1st October 2010, 05:34 AM
என்னக் கத சொல்லச் சொன்னா
என்ன கத சொல்லுறது ?
சொந்தக் கத சோகக் கத
நெஞ்சுக்குள்ளே நிக்கிறது

RIP :(

app_engine
4th October 2010, 07:34 PM
A detailed blogpost on Chandrabose by an insider, who happened to move with him recently (http://truetamilans.blogspot.com/2010/10/blog-post_02.html)

While it's not unusual for people in entertainment industry to get into alcohol / tobacco addiction, it's sad to see such talents getting wasted away too young :-(

natha1729
5th October 2010, 05:26 AM
Very sorry to know of this news. Very beautiful melodies. Most favorite duet at one time and always is Maampoove Siru Mainave and also is Methuva Methuva. Very simple composer. Prayers

nishasiva
8th October 2010, 02:13 PM
Chandrabose also composed for the movie "Makkal En Pakkam" starring Sathyaraj, Ambika. That movie had a good song, "Andavanai Parkanum Avanukkum Uthanum" sung by SPB.

rajeshkrv
14th October 2010, 09:36 PM
2 nice songs by chandrabose.

1. Nilavo neruppo by P.Suseela and Chandrabose from Muyalukku moone kaalu

http://www.4shared.com/account/audio/O7jRGjTs/Nilavo_neruppo-Muyalukku_moonu.html

2. chinna chinna bandhangala- Chandrabose & Suseela again
from Kovil yaanai

http://www.4shared.com/account/audio/I5Q796JP/chinna_chinna_bandhangala-Kovi.html