PDA

View Full Version : Shankar-Ganesh

Pages : [1] 2

Oldposts
17th February 2008, 01:02 PM
Topic started by Udhaya (udhayak@yahoo.com) (@ 205.218.142.217) on Tue Jun 30 15:47:13 EDT 1998.

I personally felt that with the advent of Vairamuthu, Shankar-Ganesh put out some very decent pop songs in movies like:
-Paalaivana Choalai
-Kannoadu Kann
-Sigappu Malli
-Amma
Even their background music got decent for some of the Raaj Bharath thrillers. When did they stop MDing films and why? Care to discuss?

Oldposts
I seem to remember that they started fading out once they got into direction. I mean film direction not just MD-ing. :-). Ofocurse their film flopped (jagathalaprathaaban, *ing mohan), but I don't see why that should be a reason for them to leave the music arena.
They probably thought that since there is a person who follows their style of music making (you know who) and is better at it than they were, they should leave the scene. :)

Oldposts
Hi,
This is what I know , I have no evidence!,
As people say Deva's brothers lifted scores from Raja, S&G have been branded as they lift score from MSV. One of them use to visit MSV's recording and did that at a regular basis. But I dont know how far it is true. But never the less they have given very good number like Unai nan parthadu, Ponaji malai pozuthu etc..
But As you say they were cut off in middle - I feel they might have offended MGR in someway..
Srikanth

Oldposts
Srikanth:
Hoooooo ! The great vodooo ! Antagonizing MGR ! I remember, there used to be a time when every unsuccessful cinema artiste was accused of antagonizing MGR ! Kamal, Rajini, Jai Shankar...and now Shanker-Ganesh ! :-))
I know for a fact that Shanker and Ganesh are both running Light Music Troupes, albeit separately. I hear they fell out with each other and that's why they stopped scoring music together. Moreover, Shanker was supposed to be nothing more than a PR person whilst Ganesh was supposed to be the real talent behind them (or was it the other way round ?). I cannot confirm this though. The one who's fingers were blown off in a parcel bomb (incidentally the guy who wears extremely tight white silk shirts) is supposed to be the PR guy.

Weren't these the guys who scored the music for Shimla Special (Unakkenna mele nindrai...) and the "Oru Kaadhal Devathai Bhoomiyil Vandaal" song (I forget the name of the movie, a Karthik-Ravathi starrer) ?

Prime...? I don't know if they had a 'prime' in store for them at all. Frankly, I am not too fond of what little I've heard from them.

Caustic...yeah, I know...:-)

Oldposts
Srinath,

the MD for Simla Special was MSV. As far as I can remember, the last film for which S-G directed the music was 'samsaaram adhu minsaaram'.

Regards

G.Ramaswamy

Oldposts
Folks FYI, Shankar Ganesh were not so less talented to lift the scores from MSV. Of the both Shankar was really talented since he was the brother of music maestro "Sri C.R.Subbraman" of "chinna Chiru kiliye" fame. Even Ganesh was very much talented in rhythm programming.

Who can forget "Naan Onnai Nenaichen" from "Kaanil Theriyum Kathaigal" sung by the incredible BALU and Vani. Naan Padum Paadal from Naan En Pirendhen sung by TMS.Due to some personal reasons they split.

Arun Prakash.

Oldposts
Arun Prakash:
So, is Ganesh the one who wears the tight clothes (I know that one of them does because, he attended a function in my college and even before he arrived the guys were speaking about his clothes !) ?

I think Ganesh also did a cameo as a drunk truck driver in one song in some movie. I saw it in some DD program (interview). Perhaps they got distracted from their true calling and lost focus. That might be why they faded away from the TFM scene. Also the 'guy with the tight white silk shirts' does not enjoy a good reputation among LM circles. A loss of credibility might be another reason why they had to leave TFM.

Note:
Most of what I have said here is hear-say. I do not claim any of them as facts (except for the tight white silk shirt...that was a 'close encounter of the third kind' :-)). Also I am not sure which one is Shanker and which one is Ganesh. So if I have inadvertently hurt someone's feelings, kindly excuse me :-)!

Oldposts
last film for Shankar and Ganesh together is 'Manidhan maarivittan'(*ing Mohan,Chitra)

Ganesh did music for 'sannidhi pookkal'(it was released in 1995)and had couple of decents songs by Unni menon.

Oldposts
Thanks for all the interesting info on the dynamic duo, if I may use the term. Srinath, the tight shirted one is Ganesh. Interesting to know of Shankar's musical lineage, nandri, Arun Prakash. My personal feeling is that S-G were coasting by the TFM scene just doing B movies and making enough money to stay on the scene. But whenever someone took them seriously and worked their butts, these two delivered. Remember all the Dhevar movies that they gave hits for like Aattukkaara Alamelu, Thayillamal Naanillai, Sorgam Naragam, etc.
There were several odd gems like Neeya, Kanniparuvathilae, Ucchakkattam, Vandichakkaram, Sollathae Yaarum Kaettal, and Ennadi Meenatchi. Srinath, I seriously believe they were working hard, doing well and hence in their prime, perhaps a little too late, to save their place during the early 80s--the IR Juggernaut years. Of course, it was also IR's prime so everyone else was blown to smithereens. Too bad about their demise though. I hope Shankar continues his career alone, maybe he will reach new heights without Ganesh.

Oldposts
Udhaya

Few years back Ganesh was hurt (by a letter bomb or something) and was hospitalized for a long time. It was at that time Shankar independently did music for thirumathi oru vegumathi (under both S&G's name), especially the hit song vaLarpiRai enbathum thEypiRai enbathum by KJJ. After Ganesh fully recovered, he mentioned this with his gratitude to Shankar. Despite all this, something happened and they got separated.

Other films with their good music are : kaNNOdu kaNN (remember alai alaiyAga..) and enga cinna rAsA etc.,

Oldposts
Shankar Ganesh had some good hits like

Unadhu Vizhiyil Enadhu Paarvai - Naan Yen Pirandhen
Poovinum Melliya Poongodi - Kannan Varuvaan or Pugundha Veedu ?
Songs from Pattikaatu Raaja
Kannan Sonna Geethai - SBP from Paadhai marinaal

If I am not wrong, they were assistant MDs to MSV?
or played in his orchestra. They probably ran out of stuff and were eased out. Ganesh was the guy wearing those tight shirts with a big pottu. I did not know about the letter bomb story. What exactly happened?

Oldposts
another MGR movie by SG is - idhaya veenai with
the songs :

vaNakkam vandhanam namasthE namOskAr
ponnandhi mAlaip pozuthu...
neerAdum azagellAm nee mattum pArkalAm
oru vAlum illE nAlu kAlum illE
thiru niRai selvi mangaiyarkarasi
Anantham indRu Arambam

other songs from akka-thangai are :

Aduvathu vetri mayil - TMS/PS
kuruvigaLa kuruvigaLa ullAsa kuruvigaLa - TMS

From ranga rAtinam:

oru malligai mottu mazai thuLi pattu jillenE poothathu idhaz vittu
muthAramE un udal ennavO - AMR/LRE

Shankar is the fat guy and Ganesh is the lean guy.

SG were recommended by Kannadasan to Devar hence
their title: "kavingar vazangiya thEvarin"
Other title they had was "innisai irataiyargaL"

They were the one who popularized the so-called
BOBBY music....ddum dum..

Now Shankar is doing music alone for TV serials.

Ganesh acted in some movies. In one movie he sings
the song

munnAla poo nAn nAn pinnAla vArEn

raja_m is correct about SG were assts to MSV.
Sankar was the harmonist
Ganesh in rhytham section.

one more good song was that movie with Kamal & Sujatha as deaf&dumb...

iRaivan iraNdu bommaigaL seithAn thAn viLaiyAda

was it UyarndhavargaL (Ramki please confirm)

Udaya forgot to mention another Devar movie
veLLikiLamai viratham...

kulu kulu jilu jilu charming beautiful bull bull
(TMS pronounces "charming" thru his noce sounding like JAMING)

They also scored music for "adi-thadi" Karnan movies
like enga pAttan soththu, jambu, kAttuku oru thOttakAran, andRu sinthiya raththam...

Oldposts
I forgot the famous vaNdi chakaram song that made
"silk" sumitha very popular...

vaa machAn vaa
vannArap pEttai..
oothikittu kELEndA ennOda pAttai
silukkOda kaiyAla vAngik kudi
jivvunu eRuthu thAngip pudi,...

yAru lyirkist intha pAttuku ??

another famous song which I used to sing always when I was in school :

kAlam ponnAnathu
kadamai kaNNAnathu
kAthal kanavan pEthaiyAnal
vAzvu ennAvathu

I think the movie was "kAlamadi kAlam"
or "kalyANamAm kalyAnam" starring Jai Shankar * Jai Chitra.
The same movie had another nice song - in the begining in the village..by TMS...
(nalla themmAngu tune) vayakkAttil varappOram nadanthu pAdum pAttu..
(may be it was by Vijaya Bhaskar -Ramki helpmA)

????

sathya movies - Rajni padam - moondru mugam -
was by SG :

thEvAmirtham jeevAmirtham peN thAn
chandrOdhayam sooryOdhayam peN thAn
disco rAmA disco krishnA disco theevAnA!!!

another pregnent song....

dabbAnguththu conceptai introduce paNNathu SG - and
IR took it to a different level (or DIMENSION - for the sake of IR Fans!!!)

They are the one who tuned the LONGEST saranam
in the pAlaivana sOlai - SPB moocuvidAma kastapattu pAdiya pAttu...

pourNami nEram pAvai oruththi
minnal pOlE munnAl sendRAL
minnal kaNdu munnAl sendRu
poNNu urukku puthusO endRen
kAlil uLLathu puthusu endrAL
oh! mElE kEtkAthE

Oldposts
After IR's LADAI with Raj Kannu (16 vayathinilE)
in the next movie "kanni paruvathilE" SG scored..

nadaya mAththu - akka
ennap pAththu -
AdurayE kooththu

After IR's LADAI with Bagyaraj, SG scored for
Darling Darling Darling

aazagiya vizigaLil....azagiya thirumaganE
hey! rAja I Love You..

After IR's LADAI with AVM, SG scored music for
many movies..like samsaram athu minsaram, one
karthik/radha combo (kaNNE rAdha ??)

SG also composed a beautiful tune for
pAvEndhar BarathithAsan pAttu

sithira sOlaigaLE ummaik kaNdu sirithi...

Other good songs are...

paruththi edukkaiyilE ennai pala nALum pArththa machAn

vadivElan manasa vachchAn malara vachchAn
mayanguthu roja chedi

vAnam ingE maNNil vandhadhu athan vAsam ennai vaa vaa endRathu

Oldposts
After Darling Darling, SG again scored music for Bakyaraj for Enga Chinna Rasa. The hit song Konda seval koovem neram was copied in Hindi much later in an Anil Kapoor movie.

Before Idhaya veeNai, SG scored music for another MGR movie Naan En pirandhEn (i think they scored for Neerum Neruppum too). NEP had some good songs like
Naan padum padal nalamaga vendum
chithira solaigalE

SG also have the dubious distinction of copying a song even before the original was released.

Original : tere mere beej mae - Ek Dhuje ke liye
SG's version - En kadhal odangaL (SJ) - Anjadha NenjangaL

Oldposts
SG's other hits
1. Songs from 'Neeyaa'
2. 'Aval oru pachai kuzhanthai' - SPB, PS - Don't remember the movie.
3. 'Pullanguzhal mozhi thamizh thamizh' from 'Urum Uravum'

Oldposts
Thenraja 'aval oru pachai kuzhandhai'is from nee oru Maharani.

'pullanguzhal '_MD is by MSV(do u remember our old discussions on this song?)

Bones: yes it is uyarndhavargal

Another good song in Vellikizhamai viradham is
'deviyin thirumugam darisanam thandhadhu'

Some more:

nee megam aanal enne naan thogai aana pinne-thaiyilladha pillai-
tms,PS
babu babu babu engae gopu gopu gopu engae-thai meedhu sathiyam-TMS,PS
vaanam engae mannil vandhadhu-natchathiram-Sj,JC
mazhaiye mazhaiye ilamai muzhudhum-Amma-SPB,SJ
paniyum neey malarum naanae-panimalar-SPB,JEncy
vennilla mugam paadudhu-jyothi malar-KJY,VJ
devi vandha neram-vadi chakkaram-SPB,Vj
Devi nee indri naan aedhamma-niraparadhi-SPB,Vj
neela vennilla eeramaanadhe oodal kondadhaal-kaaval kaidhigal-JC,SPS
oorengum kalyaana oorgolangal-saatchi-Surendran,VJ
sondhamae sorgamae vaa vaa-sagalakala sambandhi-VJ
moongililai kaadugalae muthu mazhai megangalae-penmani aval kanmani ....-SPB/VJ
Thaiya dhaarama kezhvi nyayama-thaiya dhaarama-SPB
oru ooril oomai raaja-theerpugal thriuthapadalaam-JC
nizhal thedi vandhen nijam ondru kanden-pournami alaigal-KJY,SJ
poonenbadho poovendbadho-annaparavai-SPB
nee parkkamal poriye idhu nyayama-manaivi oru madnhiri-SPB,UmaRamanan
Malligaiye malligaiye mottu vitta malligaiye-Mappillai sir-SPB
oru poovanathil indru vasantham-oru varisu uruvaagiradhu-SPB,PS
adhi kaalaiyil pani kaatradhu-kalyaana kolam-SPB
ungal paasathil indha nerathil-kalyaana kaalam-VJ

Oldposts
A few more

en kAthal kaNmaNi - rAdhA - SPB
kaRpanaiyil mithanthapadi..- oru kudumbaththin kathai - PS
malaichchAralil - do - KJJ

Ramki, there is a SPB/SPS duet malargaLE idho..idho..varugiRAL thalaivi in some film. Is this by S&G ? And couple of good songs from mangammA sabatham

Oldposts
Pagalavan 'malargalae'is from 'theeradha vizhaiyattu pillai'-MD SG

Oldposts
Two great love duets from S-G's fadeout era:
"Thogai Pullamguzhal Thegam Roja Idhazh"--spb, sj from Ilanjodigal.
"Moagam enakkoru raagam muttham athiloru thaalam"--spb,sj from Anjaadha Nenjangal.

Oldposts
Ramki,
About 'pullanguzhal' song, I had been trying to get evidence to prove that it is by SG. Two months back, I heard this song over Radio Malaysia. The announcer while playing this song told, 'one of the melodious SG had produce'. I emailed you immediately but apprently to another Ramki from TFM Mailing list.

Oldposts
Another beautiful song of SG -in the movie Nenjamellam neeye-the song Yaaradhu sollamal nenjallipoovathu-by VJ. Its a beautiful song.
Another song- Idayam thedinaal -in the movie (I don't remember teh name-it was a remake of Amitabh's Mukandar ka sikander, picturised on Madhavi, again sung by VJ.

Oldposts
VAsant-MSV was the MD for amara kaviyam(remake of MkS)-one more good song from this film is 'selvamae ore mugam parkkiren'

Oldposts
really love the music of sankar-ganesh. their manvasanai was really strong in the songs. unfortunately ignored becuase of the incessant tides of the IR ocean

Oldposts
"Alai alaiyaga.." is a tremendous composition by SG - I think in Kannodu kann.
I guess their fadeout was essentially because of identity crisis. Their compositions'style swing heavily between MSV and IR/GKV influence - SIMHO

Oldposts
While I appreciate a no. of S-G songs, like `unnai naan paarthadhu', `adi ammadi, chinnapponnu' and `poovinum melliya poongodi', I never considered them in the league of KVM, MSV & IR!

Analysing their exit, since S-G never had issues like `diff of opinion' with any director, producer and the like, the reason can only be personal & probably known only to them. (There are no musical reasons whatsoever as they never had any ego - proofs: 1)scoring just the BGM for Bappi lahari films 2) simply re-playing the hindi tunes with Tamil lyric for remake movies (like Neeya) and 3)lifting- like in the case of `naan dhane oru pudhukkavidhai' from Rasputin, `sorgathin vaasal inge' from Billie jean, `meghame,meghame' from hindi ghazal & ooraththerinjikkitten - just replace the word kanmani with kannamma! )

It is definitely sad to know that Ganesh suffered a blast, any such violence should be condemned vehemently!

However, TFM hasn't suffered the lack of S-G anyway, IMHO, thanks to the continuous output by many IR-clones like SAR!

Oldposts
one more good song by SG.
Devi Neeye Un thirukoil Mani Theepam...(Aasaikal)

Oldposts
eden,
SG never had any faithful producers/directors except devar films. They were no 2 in TFM upto mid 80s. Rajani opted for them when ever IR was not availble. But they were very inconsistent. Chandrabose replaced them as no 2, and that started their fading.

They have had their share of good songs. They were never made it big, but still were able to surprise with good songs. From no where, they produced a great music for idayathamarai in late 80s. They always needed godd director to extract better music from them.

e.hari

Oldposts
now they do only devotional concerts?

Oldposts
bb,

i think one of them is dead. therefore the pair doesn't exist.

Oldposts
Ya I think shankar is dead, though I may be wrong. ganesh scores occasional ramanarayan movie, still with the same name

Oldposts
mmm, bb you're right. I've seen one new album by SG. The film title is 'Kaanpathil Ellam'.

Oldposts
Thanks for reawakening interests in the really charming melodies of SG in TFM's songs of the month. If not for their not so stylish orchestration, the duo gave really original melodies apart from some adaptations of Hindi songs.

Oldposts
Shankar-Ganesh brought a new dimension to background scores in Tamil films. Title music and the scores for fight/stunt scenes have always been interesting. For example, in the movie 'Ithaya Veenai', Veenai instrumentation has been used for most of the bg score.

No one can easily forget the great melodious 'Dhevyin Thirumugam, Dharisanam thanthau' from Vellikilamai Viratham that remained in the 'Isai ani thervu'( a sort of top of the pops) hosted by the late DJ K.S.Rajah of Radio Ceylon, in the mid 70's

Oldposts
Could any one suggest where to find S-G songs?

It will be greatly appreciated if any one can tell in which movie the song 'Ennodu vanthaarl Kannodu ninraarl... I guess this a SG song and this appeared in a movie in early 70's, starring Sivakumar, Sripriya, and Kamalahasan ( who plays the role of a dumb young man - this not Uyarnthavargal in which he plays against Sujatha)

Thank you.

Oldposts
I am surprised to see there are some avid fans of SG. They were was the Deva of yesteryears.(See Deva has earned the prestige of a 'Metaphor' just like the term 'Xerox'). They used to lift tunes of other MDs. First it was MSV, then some hindi directors (their infamous BGM used to be lifted from famous Hindi Songs) and finally Illayraja. Their tune lifting reached a pinnacle in 'Kanni Paruvathile' where they lifted 'Ucchi Vagundheduthu ...' and tuned it as 'Pattuvanna Rosavam..'.(however considering the current trends in tune liftings by SAR, DEVA and the rest, what SG did seems less troubling)

I am paraphrasing what once Ganagi Amaran answered when asked why his tunes were similar to IRs'. "When those without blood relations (with obvious reference to SG) can copy my brother's songs, why on earth can't I?'

Though their style changed in the end, IMHO treat them as a refined version of Deva.

Balaji

Oldposts
Sinnathamby:

I think it is from 'Thankgathile Vairam'
Balaji

Oldposts
Balaji:

It is an interesting response. Certainly some of SG's music bear resemblance to several top tunes of their time. If you can remember the base guitar beat in 'jilu jilu, gulu gulu, charming beautiful bul bul'[from vellikilamai Viratham]which was later used [recycled]in the title music of another SG/Thevar films movie [Asokan stars in it as a comic-villain: "...maatraan thoddaththu mallikaye vaa vaa.."] is a tune-lifting from a hindi song [ goes like "....hei ootaa..."] which was originally pinched from the title music of the Holywood movie 'Broadway is deadly gold'.

The point is SG might have had inspirations from great melodies of other MDs' compositions or as you put it, tune-lifting. But, one should not be oblivious to the fact that SG has produced several evergreen tunes such as `Dheviyin Thirumugam`, Nee megam aanaal enna..` and so forth.

We see only a few artistes producing their own creations without having the influence of others -shall we call them genius? Even the great maestro Ilayarajah has plagiarised or cleverly adapted several tunes from other sources. Remember the controversy caused by the Radio Ceylon programme 'Mettu onru Pattu pala'[one tune, several songs].

This tune lifitng, I should gently put it, being- inspired-by, goes back to Mozart - Tellemann time: there is a general criticism that they were close rivals, therefore one wanted to outdo the other. And the result was, creation of similar music - but all for great listening pleasure.

In my opinion, it is impossible in creativity, not to have have influenced by other sources. Only a few genius are born in any given time - who could produced inspirational materials. What matters most is appreciating their quality of productivity and enjoying their finest peaces. I have only little doubt if SG has ever made any claim on their authenticity or genius.

Thanks for your other response. But I think the film is not `Thangathile Vairam'. TV is a black and white Sivakumar, Kamalahasan & Sripriya comedy. The one in question is a colour film.

Oldposts
The movie with sivakumar(in a double roll),jayasudha, Sripriya and kamal is pattikaatu raaja.

Oldposts
JN:

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Sinnathamby-

Oldposts
Give me lyrics to all the songs of mudhalvan and amarkalan

Oldposts
I have gone through this thread. Nice to recollect the songs. For almost 10 years I am trying to get to know about the song "Pullanguzhal
mozhi thamizh thamizh". If any one has the real movie clipping of the song please send me. I got into this page when I have searched Pullanguzhal through Google. Great to feel , there are still some old music lovers around (songs from 70's and 80's).

Sivaselvam

Oldposts
Can we collect YEARWISE RELEASES of Shankar-Ganesh Movies and the songs in those movies This will really be helpful to make a good DATABASE .

Thanks in advance.

Madhu

Oldposts
the music for neerum neruppum was scored by msv
and not by shankar-ganesh
rajan

Oldposts
Ganesh says 50 50 in the Galatta Kalyanam [68] song, "Uravinil, 50 50" by LR Eswari - filmed on AVM Rajan and naattiyakkari Sarasa at her place, while Sivaji and Nagesh watch - MD: MSV - anybody know the name of this actress who plays Sarasa?
<a name="last"></a>

Oldposts
17th February 2008, 01:04 PM
Merged from another topic
Topic started by Neel D (@ 24.98.41.50) on Sun Feb 17 12:44:56 EST 2002.

Shankar-Ganesh inspite of having given several lovely original composition have been overlooked by most people as MDs who copied tunes. Let us ignore the copies and list/discuss original compositions only of Shankar-Ganesh, which there are many.

Oldposts
yes indeed they are good pair. but personally i feel that they lacked the consistency in producing the magic. but they have come up with some good music often but not always like IR or ARR! i like Meagame Meagame......song...
Idhaya Thaamarai...all the songs were gr8!
but they had that tendency to change their music style who ever is oon top during that times. like MSV, IRR times! ofcourse certainly not ARR times. for that Shankar -Ganesh was replaced my the one and only DEVA- the man of politeness!

Oldposts
S-G&#39;s songs in Attukara Alamelu, Kanni Paruvathile, Kannodu Kann, and Moondru Mugam were chartbusting originals. This duo had a very affable and spontaneous approach to film music. Some of their songs are masterpieces.

Oldposts
Theres this beautiful song "thai paadiye andru naan thoonginean" from this movie with Prabhu and Revathy, Uthama purushan ? I rememeber the music was by Shanker-Ganesh, ofcourse I was kid when the song came,so I could be wrong, but when I hear it now with amma&#39;s old music collections it brings back memories.

Oldposts
Pattikaatu Raja had their best two numbers

1.Unnai Naan paarthathu Vennila- SPB
2.Konjum Kili vanthathu -PS

Their two MGR movies had good songs.Of course MGR was there!
1.Naan en piranthen - Particularly the Bharathidasan song "chithira Cholayile"
2.Idhyakani-All songs were brilliant-The song ponnanthi malai pozhuthu was even copied in Hindi.Idont know the film or MD but sung by Kishore.

Nee oru Maharani -KJY PS- Nee oru Maharani
Aval oru Pachai Kuzhanthai- SPB PS-saem movie
Malai charalil -KJY Sasi Rekha-Oru Kudumbathin Kathai
Naan unnai ninciahen -Kannil theiryum kathaigal
Rendu kannam - Sivappu malli

Oldposts
megame megame is copied tune.

SG first movies have good songs :

1) Poovinum melliya poongodi - Kannan Varuvan
2) Idhaya Veenai - MGR Hit - All songs
3) Naan En Pirandhen - MGR Film - All songs

Oldposts
O_IS_G, I am sure you meant &#39;idaya veeNai&#39; not &#39;idayakkani&#39; :). &#39;dEvi vantha nEram &#39; by SPB-VJ is a favourite. &#39;oru kAthal dEvathai&#39; by SPB-Chitra is another winner. Nobody flattered to deceive as well as S-G did, masterpieces followed by unbearable sorry excuses for songs. &#39;unathu vizhiyil enathu pArvai&#39; never ceases to impact me , great song !!! &#39;neer mEgam AnAl enna&#39; by TMS-PS is another great number. &#39;pAl nilavu nEram&#39; by SPB-PS is a stunner for sure.

Oldposts
Sorry .. Mr.Observer..It is Idhayaveenai!Vathiyar padathil thappu panninal enga ooril othai vizhum!

Neer Megam is from Thayilla Kuzhanthai

Oru Kathal Devathi -There is another song with the same beginning from Sainthadamma Saithadu -IR-Right?

Oldposts
also enga sinna rasa. the songs have been copied by anand-milind for the film beta.

anbudan

mahabs

Oldposts
Muthu Muthu Therottam from Aaniver by VJ and Kadalodu nadikenna kobam from Arthangal Aayiram rank high amongst his originals. The latter song is especially a gem and sung delightfully by SPB..

Oldposts
There is agood SPB song
" Nanooru Pookal ,Merugetrum Mangai,Rathi Devi Thangai" with "Bobbybobbybobby" humming.It was a good one by SG.

Even AM Rajas " Senthamaraiye" from " Puguntha Veedu" was ok.I think that was AM Rajas last song in movies.Clarify.

Thangathile variam - En kathale yaar sollava -SPB KJY was ok too.

PBS &#39;s engengum un vannam from Kannamma (KR vijaya-Muthuraman) is a pleasant one.there was another song by TMS (thenna mara thoppukulle)in the same movie.This i heard with new lewd lyrics and jhankar beats in my NCC Camp.

Oldposts
O_IS_G, yes. &#39;oru kAthal dEvathai iru kaNgaL poomazhai&#39; by SPB and PS. A.M. Raja&#39;s (under Shankar-Ganesh ofcourse) &#39;chinna kaNNanE nAn thanthai yena nee piLLai ena oru bantham vanthathu nenjil pAsam vanthathu&#39;, picturised on A.V.M. Rajan could be the last song. &#39;Anantham inru Arambam&#39; by TMS-SJ is pretty good, peppy number.

&#39;thangathottil pattu meththai thAi veettilE&#39; by SPB in &#39;rangarAttinam&#39; is a number that delivers. This movie had &#39;oru malligai mottu&#39; by SPB where the tune for the stanzas was set exactly with the same structure and metre of that of RD Burman&#39;s &#39;yE jO muhabbath hai&#39; from kati patang. Even the violin passages within the stanzas have been copied. Oopss....this thread is about originals :)))

Oldposts
Ganesh sang " Kai Niraya Kasu".Should be his hardcore original.I cant stand that song!

SGs Nakkula mookula .. from chinna chinna veedu katti should qualify as one of the longest pallavi lines in TFM.This movie had my all-time "Cinema Enemy" Sudhakar.

SPB&#39;s Kannin maniye elam kanni Thamize was a good one.Particularly when he sings " Anna Anna yendru yaar sonnathu".

Nellikani - Naanoru koil(SPB MV) ,Muthu Radhamo(JC)
Folks dont mention SGs gretest hit Nakshtram in this thread by mistake.the credit should go to Ramesh naidu.

Oldposts
There are 2 good KJY numbers by SG

1.Chitirame un vizhigal - Nenjile ThuniVirundal (the movie had some sizzling kabbadi scenes )
2.Vennila Mugam paduthu -Movie?

Oldposts
what about songs from "Neeya", like

1) Ore jeevan ondre ullam - SPB+VJ
2) Unnai ethanai murai parthaalum - SPB+PS
3) Naan Kattil mele kanden vennila - SPB+PS

Oldposts
Songs 1 and 2 do not qualify as originals.Both have Hindi originals.

Oldposts
Venilla Mugham Paaduthu is from Jyothi Malar, I think. What about that TMS-PS duet which was blasting quite a bit during the late 70s/early 80s in all the tea-kadais in TN - Vadivelan Mansu Vacchchan Malara Vacchchan Mayakkuthu Rosa Chedi Maanthopu Jodi Kili...I can&#39;t recall the name of the film but it was a Sridevi-Kamal costume drama...It had another hit song as well.
O Nenje and Azhagiya Vizhigalil from Darling3 are also memorable compositions.

Oldposts
Thayillamal Naanillai .The other song is Nadiganin Kathali Nadagam enadi

Oldposts
There you go OISG - that is the movie (it was a load of crap, but the songs were very popular). Thanks.

Oldposts
There is a song which goes like &#39;Unnai naan parthathu vennila velayil...&#39; from pattikattu raja, rendered by SPB.Superb improvisation by SPB and good orchestration by SG.Can somebody confirm if its original?

Oldposts
Naaz
Uchakattam songs were good too.
SPB-chittar kkoda budhi mari
MV -Ethzil then pandi muthukkal

Subamuhutham
Naan iravil ezhuthum Kavidhai -KJY
Vatsala yogam vandhadhu - MV

Oldposts
O_IS_G, was there a duet in Uchchakattam? I am trying to remember a particular song which I believe is in this film.."yaaradhu sollaamal nenjalli" has not been mentioned yet..it is one of the best composed by SG

Oldposts
did uchakattam has songs? I thought it was a movie without songs :)

yaarO azhaikiraarkaL:
1. paal nilavu kaainthathE... (JC)
2. indha iravil naan paadum...(JC)

samsaaran athu minsaaram:
1. azhakiya aNNi anupavam...(JC, PS)
2. samsaaram adhu minsaaram..(SPB)
3. katti karumbE kaNNa...(VJ)
4. jaanagi dEvi raamanai...(KSC)
the MV song is copy of &#39;oorai therinju kittEn&#39; :))

veedu manaivi makkaL
1. veedu manaivi makkaL...(SPB)
2. kaadhal kaadhal kaadhal..(KJY)

thirumadhi oru vegumadhi:
1. vaLar piRai enpathum..(KJY)
2. aavathum peNNaalE manushan...(SPB)
3. akka akka nee akka..(SPB)

agni theertham
1. dEvi un paadham thanil..(KJY)
2. oru boobaaLam arangERum..(KJY)

ponaagaaram:
1. vaazhukindra makkaLukku..(KJY)
2. muthu rathamO mullai saramO..(JC, vJ)

natcha thiram:
1. avaL oru mEnagai..(SPB)

arthangaL aayiram:
1. kadalOdu nadhikenna kOpam..(SPB)

I&#39;m sure there are many more :))

Oldposts
peNmaNi avaL kaNmani:
1. moongil ilai kaadukaLE..(VJ)
2. moongil ilai kaadukaLE..(SPB)
3. peNmaNi avaL kaNmaNi..(SPB)

bandham:
1.bandham paasa bandham..(KJY)
2. mullai kodi aLLi kadi..(SPB, VJ)

anpuLLa appa
1. anpuLLa appa ungaL..(SPB, SPS)
2. maragatha vallikku maNa kOlam..(KJY)
3. ithu paal vadiyum mugam..(KJY, SPS)
4. athaiku piRanthavaL...(KJY, SPS)
5. anpu thaayE anpu thaayE...(KJY)

enga chinna raasaa
1. maamaa unaku oru thoothu vittEn..(SPB, SJ)
2. koNdai sEval koovum nEram..(SPB, SJ)
3. then paaNdi seemai Oramaa..(SPB, SJ)
4. naan thanthathOm paatu thaaLamilla..(SPB)

I better stop now. atleast 50% of his works are orginals, if we try to list them all... :)))

Oldposts
I have read sometime back in this forum that "yaaradhu sollaamal nenjalli povathu" has its origins in a ghazal. Can someone clarify if this is an original composition or not ?

Oldposts
One of SG&#39;s best origial duet - Edho oru nadhiyil naan eranguvathai pole ( SPB/PS).

Oldposts
Etho oru nadhiyil.. is by MSV(I hope so)

Oldposts
Yarathu Sollamal and Meghame Meghame are adaptations of "ghazal" originals - but they are also different from the originals in that they are not syllable for syllable copies - like say, Ore Jeevan Ondre Ullam from Neeya or Oru Paadal Naan Kaetaen from Osai. VJ was a good choice for both these solos.
Krodham (tamizh remake of the Charles Bronson Death Wish)also had some interesting SJ/MVD duets - Was Idhazhil Then Paandi Muththukkal, Udalil Vaidooryam Vairangal - from that film? Alaamarathu Kili and Velli Kizhamai Vidigalai - from Palabishekham and Maanthopu Kiliye were big hits in the early 80s.

Oldposts
Naaz, from which ghazal has "yaarathu" been lifted?

Oldposts
Solladhey Yarum Kaetaal had a very popular KJY solo. I forget how it goes...it had something to do with panam panam??

Oldposts
Meghame is from Thu Nahin Gham Nahin (Jagjit-Chitra). I have to look up the source for Yaarathu - so give me a bit and I will get back to you, k?

Oldposts
Naaz, the KJY solo is "kettadhu kidaithathu kodi kanakkil"

Oldposts
Yes! I asked and you answered (kaetadhu kidaiththadhu!) Thanks Vijay!. (I guess the movie was all about Panam - a bank heist?)
Another duet in the 80s (SPB/Chitra?) from a Rajnikanth/Radhika vehicle (forget the name - but produced by Sathya Movies?) was Masi Masam Thaan Sollu Sollu, Ketti Melathalam Thaan - nice rhythmic number.

Oldposts
I think the Rajni movie could be Oorkavalan..yes that KJY number was from a thriller *ing Prathap..those days Rajbharat used to make thrillers like Sollathe Yaarum Kettaal, Uchakkattam etc.iam looking for a duet probably in Uchakkattam but not able to locate it:

here are the clues:

1. the lady voice is most probably Jency&#39;s

2. the lines for pallavi are like these

-----megam-----------
paruva raagam paduvom
thithikkum muthangal
sandhikkum kannangal
senthamizh sandhangal
---

does it ring a bell? iam not sure if it is from uchakkattam but maybe from the same period..
want to know what the song is and who the MD is?

Oldposts
M,
No Yedo Oru nadhiyil by SG.
Naaz,
That movie was ooor kavalan. SG also scroed music
for moondru mugam. There is a nice song in that movie devamirthum, jeevamirthum kandal.
Thanga ther odum vidhiyela ( ragupathi raja ram)
Romba nallaga enokoru asai, enai thedum megam sabai vandhu serum are some of other good
songs, I can think of.

Oldposts
Vijay, the song is &#39;paniyum nAnE malarum neeyE&#39; by SPB and Jency, movie :panimalar.
e.hari, &#39;EthO oru nathiyil&#39; is by MSV indeed!!!

Oldposts
Mr.O, thanks :-) MD yaaru SGya?

Oldposts
the MD is indeed SG, I just confirmed it
guys, refer here for SG songs
http://www.tfmpage.com/forum/25012.15.47.13.html

Oldposts
vijay, I think the song is "Paniyum Naane, Malarum Neeye" ( Or is it Paniyum Neeye, Malarum Naane ?) And then it goes "Paruva Raagam Paaduvom..Thithikkum Muthangal"....etc etc...

I have seen this song on Sun TV a few years ago. Not sure about the movie, though. May be I have to think more harder :-)

Oldposts
I see that Mr. O has beaten me to the answer...I think I have to check my internet connection ;-)

Oldposts
I think the following songs are also from SG.
1. naal nalla nall ( vellikilamhi viradham???). This song has some intresting resemblences to &#39;vada karle sajna&#39;.
2. asai anbu malagarilale
3. Sakkarai pandhalil then malai poliyudu.

Mr. Observer,
I am sure that edo oru nadiyil is by SG. I think the movie featuered vijayakumar. Do you know what movie it was?.

Oldposts
e.hari, the movie is &#39;sonnathai cheivEn&#39;. The cassette cover states that the MD is MSV and it has MSV style percussion arrangement and his style written all over it.

Oldposts
e.hari, &#39;thangaththErOdum azhaginilE&#39; is by V.Kumar

Oldposts
Naal Nalla Naal is from Panakkara Penn? (JaiShankar and Jayachitra - TMS/VJ) -
Sarkarai Pandhalil is from Pattampoochchi?

Thanks for the Oorkavalan jogger guys! I knew I could count on you!

S-G had an original VJ solo in Kalyanakaalam and some fine songs in Dhooram Adhigamillai (both Robert-Rajasekaran films).

Nee Venmalligai, Thaen Un Punnagai - from Veetukku Oru Kannagi (PJC/VJ) was another original hit. Didn&#39;t Sattam Oru Iruttarai have another fine duet by...?

Oldposts
Was Indru Poi Naalai Vaa by S-G or IR (they were favoured by Bhagyaraj for a few films...)

Oldposts
Edho oru Nadhiyil - is definitely by MSV. I think the movie&#39;s name is Enna Thavam Seidhen. It has another beautiful duet by KJY-Vaani, "Andhiyil Chandiran Varuvadhen".

Oldposts
or Is it &#39;Punniyam SeidhavaL&#39;?

Oldposts
The film &#39;Radha&#39; had 2 beautiful songs:

KadavuL Meedhu Aanai Unnai Kai Vid Maatten - SPB-PS
Unnai Edhirpaarthen Kanna Nee Vaa Vaa - PS

The first one is one of my very favourite songs. I don&#39;t know why but I keep listening to this song over and over and over again!

Oldposts
sattam oru iruttarai had a duet by S.N. Surendar and SJ &#39; thanimayilE oru rAgam oru thALam uruvAgum&#39;, a good song.

Oldposts
Yes, Mr. O that was a good song from Sattam Oru...
I kept confusing that song with Vidiya Vidiya Solli Tharuvaen from Pokiri Raja (the md was msv). Thanks for the first line - now I know how that one goes...

Oldposts
Vijay - the duet from Uchchakattam was the one I mentioned earlier as being from Krotham. It was "Idhazhil Thenpaandi Muththukkal, Udalil Vaidooryam Vairangal, Naan aLLava..." Wasn&#39;t Uchchakattam the movie with Sarath Babu and Sunita?

(The other Raj Bharath film Chinna Mul Periya Mul had no songs.)

Oldposts
Is the song &#39;Vaanam arugil uruvaagum&#39; from Nyayatharasu (Radha-Nizhalgal Ravi starrer with dialogues by M Karunanidhi, directed by K Rajeshwar, dunno if I&#39;ve the movie right tho!) originally by SG? Its an amazingly beautiful song.

Also, the BGM and songs from another K Rajeshwar movie, Idhaya Thamarai were exceptionally good. The BGM in particular was incredible and stands out as one of SG&#39;s best!

Oldposts
KS, you are right, that song was a good one sung by KJY

Oldposts
Naaz
Chinna mull had a SJ solo.I saw the movie.It was a stage song.Santhi Krishna &#39;s friend would sing that.The BGM by SG was a joke.Even when the Hero looks around there will be a ear-piercing music to give "Effect".Vikatan had a "special mention" about this.

Idhya thamari was SG&#39;s effort to do a IR.

Uchakattam was indeed by Sarath babu and Sunitha.Sarath Babu&#39;s maruvesham would like a elementary school fancy dress competition.But the movie was sort of ok.

S Karthik ,welcome.

Pananm Pen Pasam (Laxmi vanthall Maharani pole),Pasi,Mariah my darling are some of Durai movies SG did.Pasi had no songs.
Kamal&#39;s "Ennattam rasigan kidayathu" and Mariah my darling (SPB) were ok.But could not stand IR&#39;s onslaught.

Pani malar was by "Kuruvikudu Thalayan" Ravindar.

Oli piranthathu (Maneka-Vijayan-Dir Dorai) had " Ambigaye Unnai Nambi vanthen" by SPB. a real good one.

There was this song " Siva Siva Shankar Hai" from some sports(?) movie?I think it had some guest appearances by some cricketers.

Oru ooril oomai Raja by JC was a very good one.

Oldposts
Talking of "lakshmi vanthaal maharani pol", the song "aadhayen bhi hai mohabbat bhi hai" from ashiqui is note-by-note similar, atleast the first couple of lines, to this song..could be a coincidence as I believe the tamil song was not extremely popular and came way earlier than the Hindi version

Oldposts
Another good song from oorkaavalan by VJ is malligai poovukku kalyanam

Oldposts
O_IS_G, the movie name you are looking for is &#39;pAthai mArinAl&#39;.

Oldposts
It had "Julie" -Vikram -Right?who was the cricketer -Brijesh Patel?

SG&#39;s "Jilu Jilu" and "Deviyin Thirumanam" from Vellikizhamai viratham were AIR fav.

Ganesh would have tried to imitate Kishore in " Pallandu Kalam Nee Vazavendum" in the hum part.Incidentally this was even before " Laxmi Vanthal".My guru says he even gave a guest appearance in that song.

Adiyile perukkeduthu aadi varum kauveri -Is it by SG?

I had mentioned "Malligai Mohini" while discussing GKV.This same Vikram Kozhi acted in that movie."Megangale Varungalen" is a top song.

Oldposts
one of my favorite SG song is: Nadiganin Kaadhali (Kamal movie Thai Illaammal Naan Illai)
In malayalam, they gave some extraordinary numbers, always originals. (Sindoora kiranami ninnil; Gaganame, Gaganame etc..) sg really gave the street sounds more than anyone else tried. another one is: Paniyum Naan Malarum Neeya (classic, classic tune!)

Oldposts
Devar vazhangiya Shankar-Ganesh was how their credits appeared.

Can anyone forget Aatukkara Alamelu, Thaimel Aanai, etc.

When Kannil Theriyum Kathaigal was released, competition was strife among the five MDs. S-G came out tops with Naa onne ninaichen.

Oldposts
Yeah.It was a movie produced by AL Ragavan.The real competition was between IR (Nanoru ponnoviyam) and SG. KVM (TMS song),TR Papa (AL Ragavan),GKV songs were not in the race at all.

IR&#39;s song was good but SG&#39;s song is certainly better.But to IR&#39;s credit SG&#39;s song was in his style& orchestra.Partiucularly the interlude before Jikki enters the song.

Oldposts
Dear Friends

My favourite songs of SG is

1. Pattu Vanna Rosaavaam - SA Rajkannu Movie / Bhagyaraj

2. Unnai Naan parthathau ..vennila madayil - Pattikkattu Raja - Kamal / Sivakumar

3. Oh.. Nenjae ...Neethan paadum geethangal - Bhagyaraj movie.

Oldposts
M Madhanraj;

Unnai Naan parthathau ..vennila madayil - is NOT from pattikaatu raja, it is from "pattana pravesam"

Oldposts
O_IS_G, Shankar and Ganesh made their first guest appearance in &#39;kAthalikka nEramillai&#39;. They are the composers Nagesh is rehearsing with, when Baliah, Muthuraman and Ravichandran enter the room. They were working as assistants for MSV-TKR then.

Trivia...when MSV started taking Ganesh seriously, he made him play the Dholak in the song &#39;sonnathu nee thAnA&#39; by PS. He graduated to playing the triple congos/bongos in MSV&#39;s troupe and that is stating a lot as percussion is an area where MSV has worked wonders. Ganesh started with &#39;paruvam enathu pAdal&#39; (Ayiraththil oruvan). According to him, the most difficult assignment that was awarded to him was &#39;avaLukkenna azhagiya mugam&#39; (Server Sundaram), it seems his hands never crossed each other so often :)).

Oldposts
WRONG Raghu!

Unnai naan paarthathu vennila medaiyil un kannanggal nenjoaduthaan IS from Pattikaattu Raaja and sung by Kamal (SP Bala) The hero is Sivakumar.

Oldposts
(@ 203.106.162.145);

but, Pattikaattu Raja is Rajni film , is not it?

Oldposts
The very fact that SG are known for so many songs against the all pervasive IR shows that they were indeed a force to reckon with, though they probably started out much before IR and were extablished b4 IR came in full force.

And the fact that they composed for an MGR movie is another important point. When Chandrabose did Manithan and Raja chinna Roja, he did get into an higher plane due to the association with RK.

Are there any regulars with SG...I mean directors who used SG regularly. K Rajeshwar did to good effect with two movies I think but he switched to others like IR and Adityan.

To a large extent association with a saleable director plays a major role in any composer&#39;s career. ARR-Mani, ARR-Shankar, Rajiv Rai-Viju Shah, KB-Maragathamani (partly!), KB-MSV (earlier), KB-IR, BR-IR, Mani-IR (earlier) and so on.

If they didnt have a steady association, that might be one of the key reasons for them not hitting the right notes and not making it big despite talent et all.

Oldposts
There was this song " en kanmanni yaar sollava nadamaadum isai allava" SPB-KJY duet of some SIvakumar kamal movie ( B & W) that was agood no from SG.
Naan yen piranden was also another movie scored by SG , if my memory is correct. It had Chittira cholaigale a good number. Ithaya veenai " Ponnandi maalai pozhudhu was good but I have a lurking suspicion that the tune was lifted & altered.
" Seppu kuddam thooki pore sellamma" KJJ _ VR was also a good duet ( Otthaiyadi Paadai)
"Rendu kannam sandhana kinnam thottukola (Sigappu malli ) is also good
Now i got it the first mentioned song was from Thangathil Vairam

Oldposts
Vengayam, the song u were referring 2 is "En kadhali yaar sollava nadamaadum isai allav", nice song by SPB+KJY.

Oldposts
Durai kept SG for most of his movies.But the problem was Dorai himself remained in the II line with KB,Sridhar,P Madhavan,K Shankar, or Devaraj-Mohan in First line during SG &#39;s prime.

But SG did have Devar&#39;s patronage.With Devar&#39;s death his company moved to Ilayaraja for Annai Or Aalayam.

Slowly SG were made to fight with the likes of Gangai Amaran,Chandra bose for the never-existed No.2 position.

One of SG was GN Velumani&#39;s son-in-law(who produced Kudiyirutha Koil MGR )MGR milked the best tunes of the duo and promptly reverted to MSV.

Oldposts
I forgot Kaneer Mannan - KS Gopalakrishnan who used SG for Magarantham,Adukku malli etc.but both the parties sunk further with those movies.

Oldposts
BTW
S Karthik -Viju Shah must be one of your favourites with Oye OYE and Tu legaye Mere Nndiya from African sources.

That guy is a disgrace to KA.

Oldposts
My favourite songs of SG&#39;s are
1. Pattu Vanna Rosavaam - Bhagyaraj/S A Rajkannu movie
2. Unnai Naan Paarthathu - Pattikkattu Raja/Kamal
3. Oh Nenjae neethan paadum geethangal - Bhagyaraj Movie

Oldposts
Vivekananda Films usually had music by S-G (Vandichchakaram, Aaniver) but they switched to IR for Rosapoo Ravikaikari and then ARR for Vandichcholai Cinnarasu. Durai was the only consistent - with Pasi, Thani Maram, Padhai Marinal, etc.
Vijay - Padhai Marinal was way ahead of Ashiqui. However, Nadeem-Shravan claimed that they had the tunes (which the used in the film) nearly a decade before the film was made. Did the meet S-G for coffee during that period....maybe. :-))

Oldposts
SG had some peepy numbers in Ilam jodigal.
Thogai Pullanguzhal Degam Roja idhaz
Mami sivagami -(rehash of vaa machan vaa ,Konjam odhungu naan thaniya (Vasantha Kalam))

I think "Ayiram thamari mottukale" inspired " Thannikul nikkuthu Dhavani Thamarai" by SG was good.But original .. hmm..

Oldposts
the = they in the above (last two lines)

Oldposts
S-G were also the MDs for Chinna Chinna Veedu Katti? The S.A. Raja Kannu film? It had a few good songs. (Naakule Mookule Nathu Bullakule - MVD/VJ duet comes to mind.)

Oldposts
Naaz

Thani maram&#39;s Kutula irandu by SPB was good.I think the situation in the movie was akin to Roop thera mastana!So group it under SG original!!

Oldposts
What about that dirge - Ange Maram Onnu Vechchale, Veedhikinnu Vittale - was that by MVD? or SPB?

Oldposts
OISG - you are a fine and invaluable resource for these multi-threads. Good to have you here! Are you in India? Or North America? Or?

Oldposts
that Mayana padal was by SPB!

Viveka pictures (Thiruppur Mani i think) was loyal to Sivakumar not SG!Dorai was!

Sujatha Kadhayail varum " Banian vyabari Thayarippalar???"

SA Chandrasekar was also intially pro-SG.Moved to MSV then ...what happened to him?

Oldposts
thanx Naaz! I am in the gulf!

Oldposts
I was not implying loyalty - merely preference. The movies industry (anywhere) is never known for "loyalty" - it is all about the bottomline. Hollywood, Bollywood and Kollywood - all cut from the same cloth!

Was Sivakumar related to Tiruppur Mani? Or was Tiruppur Mani a producer stand-in (with SK&#39;s investment?). He moved to Sathyaraj in his last outing (Vandicholai Cinnarasu).

Oldposts
is the following films by SG ??
1. ponnu pudichirukku by revathi, pandiyan which contained a good song by SJ - antha indiralogamae ingu vanthathu polavae...
2. vetri by vijaykanth which containeda hummable number - kaaval purinthavan kaathal arinthavan yaar avan manmathanaa - by Sn surender * VJ.

Oldposts
Ponnu pudichirukku by chandrabose.( Avani masam porakattum by MV is another song in this movie)

Vetri by SG.

Oldposts
Sripriya&#39;s maiden directorial venture" Shanthi Mugurtham" had a nice hummable number Mazhaiye en meedu thoovaade nanainthaal en thegam thangathe" SG were the composers. Natchathiram also had good nos but I think they were lifted from the telugu original of Ramesh naidu ( ponnanameni poothu vandado ... atha unnai naane..)SG fall into Deva bracket if goaded by Director / Producer they were capable of good music. otherwise music bankillirunthu osiyaga kadan than.. SG were famous for lifting the bobby tune( bike chase loop & the aruna irani song) & repeating it in at least six different occassions some kind of sentimental record. remember "tadan dantu dakkun dan tadan dantu dakkun dan" Powrnami neram paavai oruthi minnal polla in Palaivana Cholai is also a peppy number by them sung with gusto by SPB.
Nice to know such activity in a non IR , non ARR thread. shows to so people are fed up not necessarily of their music but the bickering here!

Oldposts
who is the MD for nellikani? paadu thendrale by Jayachandran is a good song

Oldposts
Paadu thendrale is a duet by PJC-VJ. An inspired composition by S-G.

Oldposts
Naaz, inspired from which song?

Oldposts
"Inspired" as in "fine tune original" :-)
(not the euphemistically "inspired") :-))

Oldposts
Naaz, since we are talking about SG, i was compelled to think of the other meaning first :-)

Oldposts
hmmm... I was wrongfooted too..

Oldposts
See how bias works! :-))

Oldposts
Bhaskar used SG for 3-4 movies like Thandikkappata Niyangal etc.This fella moved from IR to SG.(*DIG)I think " Soolam" was the movie he worked with Raja.Soolam was famous for Vairamuthu&#39;s lyrics " Joolie ennikku nee Kaali".(*DIG).

I rember a song " Naan Kaannandhan Nee Radhaithan" by SPB+ ? by SG .Movie?

Is " ppovinum melliya poongodi" by SG?i used to confuse this one with " Kuruvigalam ullasa Kuruvigalam" -Clarify

Oldposts
i have just gone thru the entire thread-very peaceful.no bickering,no nakkal statements...shanthi shanthi....

Oldposts
There is a song "Malare Ennenna Kolam, edhanaal en meedhu kobam" sung by SPB, movie Auto Raja (the old Vijayakanth movie in which different composers composed one song each). Is it composed by SG? I have it on a CD with me. I love that song. Very nice tune, beautifully rendered by SPB in his trademark style.

- Murali

Oldposts
O_IS_G, &#39;poovilum melliya....&#39; is by SG indeed.

Oldposts
There was an popular duet by VJ-PJC from a Bhaskar film (Revathi/Sivakumar/Ambika)...I forget the name of which - it was also remade in Hindi with JayaPrada, Sridevi and Jeetendra and was called Majaal - can anyone recall the song? It was an S-G original...

Oldposts
"Malargale Itho Itho Varugiraal Thalaivi...." - PJC? / S P Shailaja - was another popular S-G original. Which film?

Oldposts
"Oru kadhal devadhai" from Idhayathamari is a fantastic composition by SG with the mellifluous SPB. "The Hindu" in its review had a very high praise for SG for this film. The review read "If you didn&#39;t watch the titles carefully, you would think the music was scored by IR" ~ big deal considering it was during IR&#39;s heyday (80s)!!

Oldposts
Naaz:
malargalae itho itho is I think from theeratha vilayattu pillai

Oldposts
Naaz
i got the movie name " Pournami Alaigal".but all i could recollect is this song.but i think this by KJY-Vani

" Odai Thaneeril meenaga,ootha ppovodu thenaka"
The movie was ok.sensible peformance by Revathi.

Oldposts
Was listening to a superb SG number, this evening, &#39;pAl nilavu nEram pArkavillai yArum&#39; by SPB-PS. Very original too !!!

Oldposts
Mr.O
on holidays?welcome.

SG &#39;s Abohi/Sriranjani in "Pagallalla ethu Rathiri" by SPB in some visu movie was good.But the problem with Abhogi is ,somewhere it will reveal the abohi ultimate "Thanga radham vanthathu".but this song is pretty smooth flowing.

Oldposts
O_IS_G, have you listened to &#39;nAnandri yAr arivAr&#39; (sung by TR Mahalingam) MD :MSV-TKR in &#39;mAlayitta mangai&#39;?

Oldposts
without getting into too much technicalities:

Malayitaa Mangai duet by TRM &Komala has both Abhohi and Valaji.(It is a classic case of Grahabedam.Play Abohi keys first with C as the base (C D D* F A C )and without changing the keys shift the shruti to G).
This one had me, (a starter with only MKT songs & Prof.Sambhamurthy&#39;s books as guide ),in confusion for quite long.When i was in india last year i saw Komala&#39;s interview in DD and she confirmed that this is the way the song had been composed.MSV-TKR never boasted about this masterpiece.Great men and great music!

I also saw the same disc in some thread last year.
You could have never heard TRM in such a pitch.

This one and "Unnazhagai Kana Iru" by MKT are some of my fav duets.

Oldposts
The duet "Kalyana Ramanukkum Kannana" is good and very original.(MSV Vasanai adithalum)

Oldposts
Was the film Bhramacharigal (*ing Suresh/Sulakshana) by S-G? It has an interesting SPB solo - "Chandiranai Paarthal Sooriyanai Therigirathu..."

Oldposts
Naaz
that is by Rajkumar Bharthi and music by MSV.

Oldposts
Cool - thanks OISG. It was a good song...and I thought it was by S-G for some reason (must have been the suresh connection...) Thanks for the info.

Oldposts
suresh or no-suresh the movie was junk.There is a SPB song " Azhagiya vizhigalil abinayam" in this movie.

SG i heard has quite a few hits in Kannada.Any news on that.

in the Gazal /Carnatic topic i think Rajkumar Bharathi deserves some discussion.His voice grossly underutilised in TFM(Brahmacharigal/Yudha Gandham)could easily replace Hariharan.Added to that is his Tamil pronc.

Oldposts
The problem with Rajkumar Bharathi is that he is a tamizh-speaker. And his pronunciation (of his mother tongue) is superlative. Two drawbacks if you want to get to the top of TFM these days (the rule seems to be: the less tamizh you know, and the worse your pronunciation, the better your chances of being popular and in demand).

Oldposts
I wonder why even with a strong TVG connection he was not called by IR?

BTW i have an idea for a new thread:
1.MDs like G Devarajan,GKV,Vijyabaskar,Shyam,Maragathamani,Diva kar,Govardhan and their contributions

SG did a decent job in "Anbulla Appa".Can u recollect the Rehman-Nadiya duet.Maragathavalli was ok but reminded their own "Thiru nirai chelvi" from Idya vennai.

SG &#39;s later thevar ventures were a bit of comedy.Anjatha Nenjangal etc..

Oldposts
Or that other one with Anita-Raaj and Rajnikanth...with that "are you ready, ready" number! That was quite the hoot!
The S-G attitude was "take it easy" - and it did show in their music. They were lucky with a few good tunes, but did not really take their repetoire all that seriously. A sign of wisdom, perhaps...Given how ephemeral and fleeting fame and name is in the film industry (anywhere).

PS: you should start your discussion thread OISG. You have a wealth of information to share with all of us. :-)

Oldposts
that anita raj, rajini, suhasini starrer is thaai veedu, which contained superb song by SJ, aasai nenje nee paadu. others being are u ready, maama maama enna paarththe.

Oldposts
But all the songs were done by Bappi for Hindi and SG only did the re-recording.You will notice Bappi&#39;s hand in all the songs,Keyboard gizmos etc ..

SG did the same for " aboorva Sahodarigal"(Annai ennum Alayam Anbil vantha Oviyam) and "Padum Vanambadi"(anand babu debut)

Oldposts
"Puguntha veedu" by Subramanya reddiar had a good AMP-Jikki duet " Senthamaraye senthenmozhiye". I think SG did a cameo in the film too. Alsoweren&#39;t they the composers for Melnattu Marumagal. No as i typed it i think it was Kunnakudi.Anyhow SG scored for"Patthu Madha Bandham" which had Banumathi Ramakrishna singing a western no which went" Let me try let me try something new". It also had "Irandu thaaikku oru magal" by BR again. I saw the movie in Telugu. So which is the original I dare not say. Any guesses.any takers

Oldposts
Pathu mada Bandam - i think Banumathi herself was the composer.Lets wait!

We have discussed Senthamaraye Earlier in this thread.

Oldposts
Digression: Was Banumathi an "anglophile" - all her later movies (as director and MD) had "english" songs - either by herself or by Usha Uthup. Was it just a "western" infatuation or something more complex? End Digression.

Oldposts
Start Digression -that was what Banaumathi was upto those days.

BTW which movie had UU & Banumathi?

Oldposts
That song was..."...on the banks of the kaveri, maligaipoo..." was it Melnaattu Marumagal? I believe, the song was also picturised on Usha Uthup!
Back to S-G in the next post!! :-)

Oldposts
Malligaipoo is from Madhana Maligai(sivakumar).the music is by MB Srinivasan.This movie has the eriyile oru Kashmir Roja enadi neeradhuthu.(END)

The song "Eruthamma Eruthamma rekkai kaati oduthamma vilagal" by SG ? Movie?

Similarly the song "vervai thuligale pesungal"(nyayam ketkirom) by SG?

Oldposts
O_IS_G keep me posted on Patthu Matha Bandam. Did you discuss about the song from Sigappu malli ( a communism dipped propaganda film having Vijaikanth & shanthi Krishna) It had a good no Rendu Kannam sandana kinnam thottu kolla aasaigal... (KJJ /PS duet) it is quite good.
SG if really drilled could have come with better scores.

Oldposts
Erimalai Eppadi porrukkum -TMS/TL Maharajan is from Sivappu malli -Commie song

Pathu madha Bandham had BR and Vennira Adai nirmala in the cast.There is a BR song in Hindolam which she sings on the stage.Is it "Nanne Radhe Kanna Gopala"?

Oldposts
O_IS_G, &#39;nAnE rAdhE kaNNA&#39; is in &#39;ippadiyum oru peN&#39; which had &#39;ponguthE punnagai&#39;.

Oldposts
Thanx .Mixed up IOP with PMB.

Oldposts
Talking of sivappu malli, "rendu kannam sandhana kinnam" (KJY,PS(or UR?)) was a popular song those days

Oldposts
Was rendu kannam picturised on Chandrasekhar and Shanti Krishna...? Or was it Vijaykanth? Or have I got it all mixed up?

Inikkum Illamai had a good title song original by S-G. The duet "Manamarudhaiyile Maanthopu Maththiyile" was also done well by VJ/MVD(?)

Oldposts
In my opinion, Idhaya Thamarai (Karthik, Revathi) had the best music of SG. Has anyone here seen the movie? Any good?

Oldposts
O_is_G,
In one of the Bhaskar, S-G, Sivakumar movies there&#39;s this decent Jayachandran number:
oru ooril oomai raja avan rani mullil roja thodumboadhu kaayam pattaal edhaich cholvadhoa

Devar films&#39; "Adhisaya Piravigal" had this good SPB-VJ(or Shailaja) duet:
mogam enakkoru raagam
muththam adhil oru thaalam

The film "Ennadi Meenaathchi" had some good songs:
-romba naalaaga enakkoru aasai
-balae bal bal...vaankoazhi mayilaipoala

in one of Sripriya&#39;s own productions, there&#39;s a decent SPB number:
enadhu paattai naanae kaetpaenaa

one of S-G&#39;s forgotten gems is:
nee maegam aanaal enna naan thoagai aana pinnae from an old Devar movie

Oldposts
Manjal Vanna Roja Thani Manjam Podu Raja -
From Ennadi Meenatchi (VJ solo) was and interesting composition. It fell between the cracks of originality and plagiarism - the song had a suspicious resemblance to Dhano Ki Aankhon Mein from Kitaab (RD Burman) - but the "tamilisation" managed to introduce some different tonalities. S-G have a few songs like these - where they seem familiar (and the immediate assumption is "lift da") but the song (and the original if there were one) eludes and is hard to pin down.
Two minds working in sync can dodge better than one on its own? I guess. :-)

Oldposts
SG &#39;s ShantiMuhurtham(Sripriyas prod) had a good JC number.
Rendu kannam was indeed on "Thyaga chudar" Chandrasekar and Shanti Krishna.Chandra used to sacrifice his life at the drop of a hat in those days.

SG has Tamilised the "hindustani Thillana" as "Enitha mayakkam Enadi Radha" in

Jaishankar in and As " JAMBU".Hope people have something to say on this movie!!.

Inikkum Ilamai had the title song by VJ.

Oldposts
I had already mentioned the ShantiMuhurtham(Sripriya directed) no" mazhaiye en meethu thoovaade,. but i think it was sung by Surendar."kettathu kidaithathu" from sollathe yaarum kettal was alo quite peppy.
BTW, there was a song " Ninaippathu Niraiverum Nee Irundaal yennodu" from Ninaippathu Niraiverum sung by Vani & ML Srikanth.Were S-G the composers or was it by ML Srikanth himself. that was quite hummable.

Oldposts
No it was by MLS.The movie had Vijaya kumar.MLS is a case of another MSV assistant who did not make it ,along with GKV,Govardhan.

MLS humms in Kadhal Kadhal Endr pesa -UUV

Oldposts
O_IS_G thanks for prompt posting. UUV had excellent songs( had to be with sridhar behind the scenes- as an aside who directed UUV?) Coming back to SG there was this film Athirshtakkaran a B & W movie with Nagesh playing the protagonist. It had a song " Samuthra Raja Kumaran Suga pushpa sukumaran etc" Vani I suppose... which was good. can SG be given the credit. or was it MSV the movie bombed pathetically. Any light on this

Oldposts
it was not adhrishtakkaran. It is Engal Vathiyar -MSV.Samudra sing was on some Vijay Babu -the same bodhu who played Rajinis brother in padhikkathavan.

But SG did a movie athirshtam azahaikkirathu i think.

Forgot Cinema Paithiyam by SG.En Ullam azahgan avellithirai was good -no traces with Guddi (unfortunately the movie too !)

TMS would have sung for Kamal.I thought TMS had done a a good job.(Sakthi Mathavai kappathava ..Shankar Sami nann..)

Oldposts
O_IS_G , but was the song composed by SG, the engal vaa dhiyar one.

Oldposts
No boss,it was by MSV alone.NO SG involvement.

Oldposts
Samudhra Rajakumara was MSV all the way. I particularly like the Namo Namo Namaha - by VJ/SPB. The song was picturised on Vijay Babu and Kavitha (O Manju).

VS Narasimhan was another talent that was underappreciated by Tamizh makkal. He was also an assistant to MSV?

S-G&#39;s Vaigai Karayil Oru Paravai - from Natchchatiram was a nice melody - was it a "lift" from the original in Sivarannaji?

JAMBU - an appropriately named film - an obese Jai Shankar and Jaya Devi (?). It was a film known for its skimpy costume design!!

Oldposts
above typo - Sivaranjani

Oldposts
Devi Nee Indri Naan Yedhamma from Nirabaradhi was an original duet by S-G (SPB/VJ).

What about Uriyrin Nizhale/ Rosa Malare Azhuva Koodathu...from Rajangam? Those were two inspired compositions by S-G - once again for robert-rajasekaran?

Oldposts
The film Natchathiram also had a very good SPB number "Aval Oru Menagai En Abhimaana Thaaragai", did&#39;nt it ?

Oldposts
Yes, but I believe that was similar (if not the same) as in the telegu film Sivaranjani. I was wondering if the Vaigai Kariyil Oru Paravai was an "original" and not a "lift"....:-))

Oldposts
Mazhaiye mazhaiye ilamai muzhudhum..

Oldposts
VS Narasimhan was IR&#39;s assistant.

Oldposts
Wasn&#39;t Mazhaiye Mazhaiye from Amma by IR??

Oldposts
Naaz, I am pretty sure that Mazhaiye Mazhaiye is a non-IR number. I remember seeing it in the erstwhile Rare songs section of TFMpage, either under SG or Chandrabose.

Oldposts
Thanks, vgs. I have a feeling that it was by IR. I guess we both need to check up on this detail...just to be sure we have the facts right. :-)

Oldposts
vgs - Dhool.com lists the song from Amma as by S-G. Thanks for the correction. :-)

Oldposts
Your&#39;re most welcome, Naaz.

Oldposts
Vaigai Kariyil Oru Paravai is a line by line lift of the telugu song the composer was ramesh naidu.

Oldposts
Ponnanganni was the only SG song in Nakshathiram.
Naan kattil mele is the only SG song in Neeya.

Apart from "malai charalil" there is agood song in "Oru kudumbathin kathai" (Dir :dorai).Any lead?

Oldposts
The title song is hummable.- not great Oru kudumbathin kathai ithu anbu karangallal inaivanthu"
Aayiram aayiram aandin munne aarambamanadhu manith inam was it also from the same movie?

Oldposts
O_IS_G - vaanam inge mannil vandhadhu adhan vaasal ennai vaa vaa endradhu (JC,SJ)-another original song in nakshathiram

Oldposts
agni theertham has good songs, Hope that it&#39;s original :)
dEvi un paadham thanil..(KJY)
oru boopaaLam arangErum...(KJY)

Oldposts
Amma Pillai had a great poetic number in "Iniya Thendralae Iru Kaigal Veesivaa"

Oldposts
Ramki

I doubt,i have heard the original of vanam enge mannil.As a point, the original might not be from Sivaranjani (Telugu Nakshathiram)

Oldposts
I saw this old Karthik-Shobana movie which had music by SG. I think the movie&#39;s name is "Sattathai..... something" Anyway, pretty good music here by SG.

Oldposts
I&#39;m not sure if "Kannoadu Kann" was covered. It had three great duets:
-Enaithaedum Maegam Sabai Vandhu Saerum
-Alaiyalaiyaaga Azhagazhagaaga
-Kannoadu Kannum Kaiyoadu Kayyum
<a name="last"></a>

tfmlover
21st November 2009, 06:14 AM
Vakkuruthi (1973) was on jaya tv recently thanks :)
starring Jaishankar B Nirmala
film had music songs composed by Shankar Ganesh
with 2 TMS PS perky lilt duets along with a TMS solo
KannE thEdi vandhathu yOgam..
Paadangkalai ..
Nallavar Vaakku
guess these songs were really popular back then

http://s775.photobucket.com/albums/yy40/TFML/Shankar%20Ganesh/

Regards

tvsankar
21st November 2009, 08:50 PM
Dear tfmlover,
Thanks for the youtubes.

tvsankar
21st November 2009, 08:56 PM
you tube open agalai tfmlover.... :(

suvai
21st November 2009, 08:57 PM
Tfm nga.................enjoyed the song paadangalai.....:-) thank u for the link!

Neel D
21st November 2009, 09:02 PM
"kaNNE thEdi vanthathu yOgam" is a lovely song. Thanks tfmlover.

gingerbeehk
22nd June 2010, 09:10 AM
Hello friends,

I am visiting this site after long back. I have gone through this lovely thread,...it is realy fantastic. Why not continue to active this thread again? we can share more about S-G. Pls post your commands.

Jack

gingerbeehk
22nd June 2010, 03:11 PM
The musical duo "Shankar-Ganesh" worked with some prestegious film producers & directors in tamil industry during late 70's & 80's. They have done wonderful job those golden times...undoubtably.

Rama Narayanan (Sri Thenaandal Productions)

Almost all his produced & directed movies..except few.

K.Balaji (Sujatha Cine Arts)

Vidhi
Nirabarathi
Bantham

& few more...not remember.

S.A.Chandrasekar (Vijay's appa)

Sattam Oru Iruttarai
Neethi Pizhaithathu
Kaaval
Kadamai
Saatchi
Neethi En Pakkam

& few more..not remember.

M.Baskar (Oscar Movies)

Theerpukkal Thiruthappadalaam
Thandikkapatta Niyaayangal
Sattathin Thirappuvizha
Pournami Alaigal

Visu

Samsaaram Athu Minsaaram
Chidhambara Ragasiyam
Sakalakalaa Sambanthi
Maappilai Sir
Penmani Aval Kanmani
Thirumathi Oru Vegumathi
Avathellam Pennanle

T.P.Gajendiran

Veedu Manaivi Makkal
Thaaya?Thaaramaa?
Adutha Veedu

M.A.Kaja (Kadaiyanalloor Cine Arts)

Inikkum Ilamai (Vijayakanth's first movie)
Vasantha Kaalam
Engamma Maharani
Maanthoppu kiliye
Panam Pagai Paasam
Panam Penn Paasam
Veli Thandiya Vellaadu

& many more...not remember.

Durai

Pasi
Paathai Maarinaal
oli Piranthathu
Veli
Kaadu

& many more..not remember.

K.Bhagiyaraj

Darling..Darling..Darling..
Poi Saatchi
Enga Chinna Raasa

Manivannan

Santhana Kaatru
Manithan Maarivittan
Vazhkkai Chakkaram

Even Sridhar also used S-G to his movie "Kulir Kaala Megangal"

Still lot to add. comeon friends, lets bring more in this thread.

Jack

gingerbeehk
22nd June 2010, 03:15 PM
I have start thread to share S-G songs on the other site, you all can find plenty & plenty of S-G songs in that thread. I would like to provide the link here....can download all. Enjoy guys.

http://www.sukravathanee.org/forum1/viewtopic.php?f=148&t=10672&p=42323#p42323

Jack

natha1729
24th June 2010, 09:03 AM
The depth in the simplest of melodies, very few composers who did that - Devarajan , SD Burman, and Sankar Ganesh, here is one immaculate immaculte and a surprising show from Sankar Ganesh

Orikka Nirajyum

http://devaragam.com/vbscript/MusicNew.aspx?MovieId=229

youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL0DH0hECKg

natha1729
25th July 2010, 06:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCGaFrIqyY4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sppdQy_9ADU in mal

arsaregama
25th July 2010, 10:42 PM
who can forget "oru kadhal devathai from Idhaya thamarai ... even yaarou yaar from the same movie was a class composition!

nishasiva
8th October 2010, 09:41 AM
2 other good songs by S-G are:

1. Amman Koil Therazhagu Ayirathil Or Azhagu from the movie "Sontham 16" starring Mohan, Chandrashekar, Manorama etc.

2. O! Thendrale Oru Pattu Padu from the movie "Santhana Katru" starring Vijayakanth, Gowthami. The song had 2 versions - one by Chitra & another by KJY (or) JC

gingerbeehk
5th December 2011, 03:37 PM
அன்பின் நண்பர்களே,

நீண்ட நாட்களுக்கு பிறகு மீண்டும் இந்த இழையில் உங்கள் யாவரையும் சந்திப்பதில் மிக்க சந்தோசம். இன்று "சங்கர்-கணேஷ்" இசையில் அருமையான ஒரு பாடலை வழங்க இருக்கிறேன். நேரம் கிடைக்கும் போதெல்லாம் இன்னும் நிறைய பாடல்களை கொடுக்க எண்ணியுள்ளேன். சந்தோஷம்தானே?. நீங்களும் உங்களிடம் உள்ள நல்ல பாடல்களை இங்கே தரவேற்றி இந்த இழையை மீண்டும் தழைக்க ஆதரவு கொடுக்க அன்போடு வேண்டுகிறேன். இனி பாடலுக்கு போவோம்.

படம்: ஆணிவேர்
பாடல்: முத்து முத்து தேரோட்டம்
பாடியவர்: வாணிஜெயராம்
இசை: சங்கர்-கணேஷ்

http://www.mediafire.com/?28l93w0m57c5tdu

இனிய இசைகளில் நனைவோம்,
ஜாக்

RR
5th December 2011, 09:30 PM
Jack, hearing it after a longtime, tks.

Here's a not-so-often heard song:

Vidhi varaintha - Vidhi (singer: Kalyani menon - probably her only song under SG)

http://www.in.com/music/track/vidhi-songs/vidhi-varaindha-411507.html

gingerbeehk
6th December 2011, 12:21 AM
Dear Admin, thnx for "Vidhi Varaintha" song and encouraging me. Yeap..you are correct...this is the only song Kalyani Menon sung for S-G's composition.

I will try my level best to post more & more S-G songs in this thread. Other friends also most welcome to share their collections.

Ever loving..............,
Jack

tfmlover
7th December 2011, 09:14 PM
just as you expected -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc0UWmBkWwk

Regards

gingerbeehk
12th January 2012, 04:59 PM
அன்பின் நண்பர்களே,

ஒரு சிறிய இடைவெளிக்கு பிறகு இந்த இழையில் மீண்டும் உங்கள் யாவரையும் சந்திப்பதில் மிக்க சந்தோசம். இன்று உங்களுக்கு நான் வழங்க இருக்கும் பாடல்.... அதிகம் அறிந்திராத இனிய பாடல்.

படம்: 18 முதல் 22 வரை
பாடல்: நீ தாவி ஓடும் மானோ
பாடியவர்கள்: எஸ்.பி.பி & வாணிஜெயராம்

http://www.mediafire.com/?c57j43a2k9y2w7u

இனிய இசைகளில் நனைவோம்,
ஜாக்

gingerbeehk
12th January 2012, 11:45 PM
அன்பின் நண்பர்களே,

அடுத்த பாடல்.......நான் மிகவும் விரும்பி கேட்கும் பாடல்களில் இதுவும் ஒன்று.

படம்: ஆயிரம் முத்தங்கள்
பாடல்: சேலை குடைப்பிடிக்க காத்து
பாடியவர்கள்: எஸ்.பி.பி & வாணிஜெயராம்

http://www.mediafire.com/?7bb4gci077z7iyo

இனிய இசைகளில் நனைவோம்,
ஜாக்

gingerbeehk
16th January 2012, 12:13 AM
அன்பின் நண்பர்களே,

இன்று இந்த இழையில் நான் தரவேற்றும் பாடல்... கணவன், மனைவி உறவு எப்படி இருக்கவேண்டும் என்பதை அழகாக எடுத்துக்கூறும் இனிமையான பாடல்.

படம்: அடுத்த வீடு
பாடல்: புருஷன் மனைவி உறவுதான்
பாடியவர்கள்: மலேசியா வாசுதேவன்

http://www.mediafire.com/?395airfw04gwiad

இனிய இசைகளில் நனைவோம்,
ஜாக்

gingerbeehk
17th January 2012, 11:20 PM
அன்பின் நண்பர்களே,

தொடரும் பாடல்...மற்றுமொரு அரிதான பாடல். வலைதளங்களில் காணக்கிடைக்காத அற்புதமான பாடலும்கூட...

படம்: அர்த்தங்கள் ஆயிரம்
பாடல்: ஆசைகளோ ஒரு கோடி
பாடியவர்: எஸ்.ஜானகி

http://www.mediafire.com/?13ax4dhmbw0c41b

இனிய இசைகளில் நனைவோம்,
ஜாக்

gingerbeehk
22nd January 2012, 12:09 AM
அன்பின் நண்பர்களே,

தொடரும் பாடல்....மட்டுமொரு அரிய பாடலே...வலைகளில் அதிகம் கிடைக்காத பாடல்.

படம்: அதைவிட ரகசியம்
பாடல்: முதலில் வந்தவள் தெய்வானை
பாடியவர்கள்: பி.சுசீலா & வாணிஜெயராம்

http://www.mediafire.com/?t29yb4m5ovah98g

இனிய இசைகளில் நனைவோம்,
ஜாக்

gingerbeehk
23rd January 2012, 11:33 PM
அன்பின் நண்பர்களே,

இந்த இழையில் இன்று உங்களை மகிழ்விக்க வரும் பாடல்...

படம்: புகுந்த வீடு
பாடல்: நீயே சொல்லு..எங்கே என்று
பாடியவர்கள்: டி.எம்.சௌந்தரராஜன் & பி.சுசீலா

http://www.mediafire.com/?j8aufhyu0dkn8mt

இனிய இசைகளில் நனைவோம்,
ஜாக்

gingerbeehk
23rd January 2012, 11:42 PM
அன்பின் நண்பர்களே,

தொடரும் பாடல்....

படம்: பூ பூத்த நந்தவனம்
பாடல்: நான் ஜெயிச்சு காட்டுறேன்
பாடியவர்கள்: மலேசியா வாசுதேவன் & எஸ்.ஜானகி

http://www.mediafire.com/?ue2r0rcd9t69v2r

இனிய இசைகளில் நனைவோம்,
ஜாக்

gingerbeehk
25th January 2012, 12:21 AM
பாசமிகு நண்பர்களுக்கு வணக்கம்.

தொடரும் பாடல்...S -G இசையில், இசைக்காக பேசப்பட்ட படங்களில் "இதயதாமரை" முக்கியமான படம். அந்த படத்திலிருந்து பாடல் ஒன்று.

படம்: இதயதாமரை
பாடல்-1: ஓ மை லவ்...ஓஓ மை லவ்..
பாடியவர்: எஸ்.பி.பாலசுப்ரமணியம்

http://www.mediafire.com/?28dx16mvj1c2yov

இனிய இசைகளில் நனைவோம்,
ஜாக்

குறிப்பு...இந்த படத்தின் பாடல்கள் அனைத்தையும் வரிசையாக தொடரும் பதிவுகளில் ஒவ்வொன்றாக தருகிறேன்.

gingerbeehk
25th January 2012, 12:26 AM
நண்பர்களே,

மீண்டும் "இதயதாமரை" படத்திலிருந்து அனைவரது மனதையும் கொள்ளைக்கொண்ட சூப்பர்,..டூப்பர் காதல் கீதம்.

பாடல்-2: ஒரு காதல் தேவதை பூமியில் வந்தாள்
பாடியவர்: எஸ்.பி.பாலசுப்ரமணியம் & சித்ரா

http://www.mediafire.com/?f6rbqh9h5la8avj

இனிய இசைகளில் நனைவோம்,
ஜாக்

gingerbeehk
26th January 2012, 12:16 AM
அடுத்த பாடல்................

பாடல்-3: கண்ணே..கதவு திறந்திடு
பாடியவர்கள்: எஸ்.பி.பாலசுப்ரமணியம் & சித்ரா

http://www.mediafire.com/?iwibiuc1cy02ia4

இனிய இசைகளில் நனைவோம்,
ஜாக்

gingerbeehk
26th January 2012, 12:18 AM
அடுத்த பாடல்................

பாடல்-4: யாரோடு யார் என்ற கேள்வி
பாடியவர்கள்: எஸ்.பி.பாலசுப்ரமணியம்

http://www.mediafire.com/?my55vqaj59gz1h7

இனிய இசைகளில் நனைவோம்,
ஜாக்

gingerbeehk
26th January 2012, 11:22 PM
தொடரும் பாடல்....

பாடல்-5: உன்னை ஏன் சந்தித்தேன்....
பாடியவர்கள்: பி.சுசீலா

http://www.mediafire.com/?uq823e66qswvoa7

இனிய இசைகளில் நனைவோம்,
ஜாக்

gingerbeehk
26th January 2012, 11:26 PM
அடுத்த பாடல்...

பாடல்-6: ஏதோ மயக்கம்...என்னமோ நெருக்கம்
பாடியவர்கள்: மலேசியா வாசுதேவன் & சுஜா ராதாகிருஷ்ணன்

http://www.mediafire.com/?6c252g6u3uv22m9

அம்புட்டுதாங்க...."இதயதாமரை" பாட்டு முடிஞ்சி போச்சு. இனி மற்ற பாடல்கள் தொடரும் பதிவுகளில்.

இனிய இசைகளில் நனைவோம்,
ஜாக்

gingerbeehk
28th January 2012, 03:32 PM
அன்பு நண்பர்களே,

மற்றுமொரு அருமையான பாடல். ரசித்து கேட்க தூண்டும் அந்த பாடல் இங்கே.

படம்: காகித ஓடம்
பாடல்: பொன் வீணையே என்னோடு வா
பாடியவர்கள்: எஸ்.பி.பாலசுப்ரமணியம் குழுவினர்

http://www.mediafire.com/?24s3vt9873rrcb9

இனிய இசைகளில் நனைவோம்,
ஜாக்

gingerbeehk
4th February 2012, 12:14 AM
அன்பின் நண்பர்களே,

தொடரும் பாடல்.... நெஞ்சை அள்ளும் அதிரடி வேகப்பாடல் ஒன்று.

படம்: 18 முதல் 22 வரை
பாடல்: காவேரி கரை எனக்கு (எட்டும் எட்டும் சேர்ந்தால்)
பாடியவர்கள்: மலேசியா வாசுதேவன் & சுஜா குழுவினர்

http://www.mediafire.com/?plw99bghtaf119w

இனிய இசைகளில் நனைவோம்,
ஜாக்

gingerbeehk
4th February 2012, 12:23 AM
அன்பின் நண்பர்களே,

தொடரும் பாடல்.... கலகலக்கும் துள்ளலிசை பாடல் ஒன்று.

படம்: ஆணிவேர்
பாடல்: நான்தானே ஒரு புதுக்கவிதை
பாடியவர்கள்: வாணிஜெயராம் குழுவினர்

http://www.mediafire.com/?ksmhb3hl8mrp577

இனிய இசைகளில் நனைவோம்,
ஜாக்

gingerbeehk
6th February 2012, 12:19 AM
அன்பின் நண்பர்களே,

இந்த இழையை அலங்கரிக்க வரும் அடுத்த பாடல்...70 களில் வந்த அசத்தலான பாடல். எந்த வலையிலும் எளிதில் கிட்டாத பாடல் இது.

படம்: தாய்க்கு ஒரு பிள்ளை
பாடல்: கல்யாண ராமன் கோலம்
பாடியவர்கள்: எஸ்.பி.பாலசுப்ரமணியம் & பி.சுசீலா

http://www.mediafire.com/?dc1xq7xn4m9nkez

இனிய இசைகளில் நனைவோம்,
ஜாக்

gingerbeehk
6th February 2012, 12:25 AM
அன்பின் நண்பர்களே,

"விசு" இயக்கி, நடித்த அருமையான படங்களின் வரிசையில் இன்று இந்த இழையில் நான் கொடுக்கும் பாடல் இடம்பெற்ற படம் முக்கியமானது. எஸ்.பி.பி அவர்களின் வசீகர குரலில், மயக்கும் பாடல் ஒன்று.

படம்: சகலகலா சம்பந்தி
பாடல்: சொல்லாதே யாரும் கேட்டால்
பாடியவர்கள்: எஸ்.பி.பாலசுப்ரமணியம்

http://www.mediafire.com/?8sgux228pqd1jmi

இனிய இசைகளில் நனைவோம்,
ஜாக்

gingerbeehk
8th February 2012, 12:24 AM
அன்பு நண்பர்களே,

மற்றுமொரு ரம்மியமான ஜோடி பாடல் இன்று உங்களுக்காக.

படம்: சின்ன முள் பெரிய முள்
பாடல்: இரு விழிகள் திறந்ததம்மா
பாடியவர்: பி.ஜெயச்சந்திரன் & எஸ்.ஜானகி

http://www.mediafire.com/?tpfb0wf84gtcj0v

இனிய இசைகளில் நனைவோம்,
ஜாக்

gingerbeehk
8th February 2012, 12:31 AM
அன்பு நண்பர்களே,

"சங்கர்-கணேஷ்" இசைகளில் மிகவும் பிரபலமான பாடல்களில் மிக முக்கியமான பாடல் இது என்றால் மிகையல்ல. வயது வித்தியாசமின்றி அனைவரது மனதிலும் பதிந்து மறையாமல் இருக்கும் பாடல்.

படம்: டார்லிங்..டார்லிங்..டார்லிங்..
பாடல்: ஓ நெஞ்சே நீதான் பாடும்
பாடியவர்: எஸ்.பி.பாலசுப்ரமணியம் குழுவினர்

http://www.mediafire.com/?zdc9jynucm5y6fy

இனிய இசைகளில் நனைவோம்,
ஜாக்

gingerbeehk
15th February 2012, 12:50 AM
அன்பிற்கினிய நண்பர்களே,

80 களின் ஆரம்பத்தில் வந்த இனிமையை குழைத்து வந்த அருமையான பாடல். மெட்டமைப்பும்,இசை வடிவமும் உண்மையிலேயே அருமை.

படம்: சின்ன சின்ன வீடு கட்டி
பாடல்: கண்ணா உன் ராதை
பாடியவர்: வாணிஜெயராம்

http://www.4shared.com/mp3/efUZttkFce/CHINNA_CHINNA_VEEDU_KATTI_-_Ka.html

இனிய இசைகளில் நனைவோம்,
ஜாக்

rajeshkrv
16th February 2012, 04:07 AM
beautiful folk number by SG
movie: Sorgam naragam
singers: TMS & PS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK9sBlfyA9s

gingerbeehk
19th February 2012, 12:07 AM
அன்பின் நண்பர் ராஜேஷ்,

கலக்கலான ஒரு பாடலை வீடியோ வடிவில் தந்தமைக்கு நன்றிகள் கோடி ...இந்த பாடலை ஆடியோ வடிவில் என் பங்களிப்பாக இங்கே....

படம்: சொர்க்கம் நரகம்
பாடல்: மல்லுவேட்டி மடிச்சு கட்டும்
பாடியவர்கள்: டி.எம்.சௌந்தரராஜன் & பி.சுசீலா

http://www.mediafire.com/?d7sa89jc17i9hty

இனிய இசைகளில் நனைவோம்,
ஜாக்

gingerbeehk
21st February 2012, 11:55 PM
நண்பர்களே,

"சங்கர்-கணேஷ்" இசையில், 90 களின் ஆரம்பத்தில் வந்த இனிமையான ஒரு பாடல் இங்கே...

படம்: நல்ல காலம் பொறந்தாச்சு
பாடல்: பாட்டு ஒரு பாட்டு

http://www.mediafire.com/?daiiz8p7einsfln

இதே பாடல் மற்றொரு வடிவில்...

பாடிவர்கள்: எஸ்.பி.பாலசுப்ரமணியம் குழுவினர்

http://www.mediafire.com/?zhy9j4sdeavlgy4

இனிய இசைகளில் நனைவோம்,
ஜாக்

gingerbeehk
25th February 2012, 12:43 AM
மீண்டும் ஒரு இனிய பாடல்...

படம்: ராஜ்ஜியம் இல்லாத ராஜாக்கள்
பாடல்: சுகம் தரும் பொன்மாலை
பாடியவர்கள்: கே.ஜே.ஜேசுதாஸ் & வாணிஜெயராம்

http://www.mediafire.com/?9s6zf52wycdool6

இனிய இசைகளில் நனைவோம்,
ஜாக்

gingerbeehk
25th February 2012, 12:48 AM
இனிமையான ஒரு பாடல்...நீண்ட நாள் தேடலுக்கு பிறகு எனக்கு கிடைத்தை இங்கே உங்களுக்காகவும்.

படம்: எங்களுக்கும் காதல் வரும்
பாடல்: முன்னிரவு நேரம்
பாடியவர்கள்: எஸ்.பி.பாலசுப்ரமணியம் & பி.சுசீலா

http://www.mediafire.com/?ozt7ese554397j5

இனிய இசைகளில் நனைவோம்,
ஜாக்

gingerbeehk
5th April 2012, 11:21 PM
அன்பு நண்பர்களே...

எல்லோரும் எப்படி இருக்கீங்க? வேலை பளு மற்றும் தொழில் நிமித்தம் சென்றுவிட்டதால் நீண்ட நாட்களாக இந்த வலைக்குள் வரமுடியவில்லை. இன்று மீண்டும் ஒரு அருமையான காலம் கடந்தும் மனதை மயக்கும் பாடலுடன் வந்துள்ளேன்.

படம்: ராஜராஜேஸ்வரி
பாடல்: காலை பொழுது விடிந்தது
பாடியவர்: எஸ்.ஜானகி

http://www.mediafire.com/?lv6pp64pjqgqct2

இனிய இசைகளில் நனைவோம்,
ஜாக்

gingerbeehk
5th April 2012, 11:25 PM
முந்திய பதிவில் கொடுத்த அதே படத்திலிருந்து இன்னுமொரு இனிமை நிறைந்த பாடல்.

பாடல்: என் கண்ணின்மணியே

http://www.mediafire.com/?wb89tdszu5crhvh

இனிய இசைகளில் நனைவோம்,
ஜாக்

gingerbeehk
5th April 2012, 11:30 PM
மற்றுமொரு கலக்கலான காதல் கீதம்.....அதே படத்திலிருந்து.

பாடல்: பாலுக்கு ஆடை சுவையாகும்
பாடியவர்: ஜாலி ஆபிரகாம் & வாணிஜெயராம்

http://www.mediafire.com/?8u3o4sveafeaa1c

இனிய இசைகளில் நனைவோம்,
ஜாக்

gingerbeehk
24th February 2015, 10:46 AM
அன்பின் இசை சொந்தங்களுக்கு வணக்கம்.

நீண்ட நாட்களாக இந்த வலையில் / இழையில் வர முடியாமல் போய்விட்டது. மீண்டும் உங்கள் அனைவர்களையும் சந்திப்பதில் மனம் நிறைந்த சந்தோசம்...அதுவும் இனிமையான, அரிதான ஒரு பாடலுடன்.

படம்: ஆரத்தி எடுங்கடி
பாடல்: அன்றொரு நாள்..அன்றொரு நாள்
பின்னணி: அருண்மொழி & சித்ரா

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/6lc2fhmjfz9pzn3/AALA_PAARTHU_MAALA_MAATTHU_-_Chinna_Ponnu.mp3

இனிய இசையுடன் இணைவோம்,
ஜாக்