PDA

View Full Version : IR Songs reused by IR

entertainment
23rd February 2008, 01:11 AM
I happened to hear Nammakkul Yaen Anbae Anbdae yaekkam song form the movie Kathal Devathai. They reused the tune Madura Marikozhundhu Vaasam from Enga Ooru Paatthukaaran movie. Or it the other way? I could not find the year of KD in raaja.com

I also recollect that the original version of "Enna samayalo" from Unnal Mudiym Thambi is in Manipoor Maamiyaar. Ofcourse lyrics is slightly tuned.

On the BG score, I remember that the second interlude of Poongaattru Pudhidhaanadhu is reused in En Vaazhvilae Anbae vaa in Thambikku Endha Ooru. Ofcourse, both are such a beautiful songs. I also heard about the health condition of IR during TEO.

Just thought of sharing this. Any other instances like this?

sgmsin
27th February 2008, 07:35 PM
Kathal Devathai dubbed movie from telugu which is acted by siru and sreedevi, block buster movie ran more than a year. Raja reused his madura marikozhundhu song in this movie and same were dubbed and release in tamil as kathal devathai.

sgmsin
27th February 2008, 07:37 PM
IR songs reused by IR- which means IR used his tamil/telugu/malayalam/kandan tune for his tamil/telugu/malayalam/kanada movie. Nowadays ARR,yuvan,harris and many others are doing the same

Sanjeevi
27th February 2008, 10:10 PM
Maanguyilae Poongilae
&
Aru Mayil Adi varum

entertainment
28th February 2008, 09:37 AM
IR songs reused by IR- which means IR used his tamil/telugu/malayalam/kandan tune for his tamil/telugu/malayalam/kanada movie. Nowadays ARR,yuvan,harris and many others are doing the same

Yes, I started-off this topic just to know how many more instances are there like this. Not to incriminate anyone :).

sgmsin
28th February 2008, 11:23 AM
Cool buddy. I am not mistaken you.

raajarasigan
28th February 2008, 03:51 PM
yesterday I was listening Telugu suryan FM (in Hyd) where there is a program called Midnight Biryani.

in which they played telugu version of 'Oru Kili uruguthu" from Anandha Gummi... but unlike the tamil version, it was a Duet with some drums and sax in the orc.. nice to hear...

might have been used in late 80s movie... it was sung by SPB & SJ..

Plum
28th February 2008, 05:31 PM
raajarasigan, Jilibili Palukulu must be from Sithaara - which was probably mid-80's

Vkrish
29th February 2008, 01:50 AM
Whenever i think of IR using his own song, i instantly recollect two of his numbers. I really amaze at the talent of IR who conjures the listeners by turning out a rather ordinary song to a great piece set to a different mood and scenario.

'Vaadi vethalappaku' in veera is to me a very very ordinary dubbannguthu song, but was spellbound when i saw the malayalam version which had its own poetic beauty.. a son looking at a video of her expired mother...a great number draped with typical IR stamped interludes - which, i think fetched the kerala state award for him. Enjoy the song here: esp: the second interlude.. (but beware: plz dont go back to hunt for the veera song :)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=JGKZZ77ztyc

Hold on: The same version is upgraded again with a different set of preludes to set the backdrop with a majestic voice of KJJ
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hQ4vEchr9MM&feature=related

The second one which caught my instant attraction was again a ordinary number 'Kuyilukuppam Kuyillukuppam' from puthu nellu puthu naathu. The lyric and the folkish style duet was refurbished as... any Guess !!! here it is :)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=NouaTfOosDI