PDA

View Full Version : Nadigar Thilagam Sivaji Ganesan - Part 4

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Murali Srinivas
3rd July 2008, 10:27 AM
அது மட்டுமல்ல MSP வெளியான நேரத்தில் வந்த போட்டி படத்தை பார்த்தால், இந்த படத்தின் 100 நாட்கள் வெற்றி மிக பெரிய வெற்றியாக தெரிகிறது. நடிகர் திலகம் எப்போதும் சினிமா சாதனையாளராகவே இருந்திருக்கிறார்.

Which film?

Check your PM.

Regards

rangan_08
3rd July 2008, 10:41 AM
KALAINGAR TV TO TELECSAST A PROGRAM ON THE LIFE HISTORY OF SIVAJI GANESAN(weekly program i guess)

with rare informations about sivaji and movie clipping interviews

the ad for the program is very promising with AN INTERVIEW OF NT

:D

Thanks for the news Viv. Have not seen the ad, but, definitely it should be a treat for all NT fans.

RAGHAVENDRA
3rd July 2008, 10:50 AM
KALAINGAR TV TO TELECSAST A PROGRAM ON THE LIFE HISTORY OF SIVAJI GANESAN(weekly program i guess)

Thanks for the news Viv. Have not seen the ad, but, definitely it should be a treat for all NT fans.
Dear Mohan & friends,
I am happy that the Life History of NT is going to be telecast on Kalaignar TV. I will be happy if it is telecast on any channel. But I have my own apprehensions. When presenting the Life History of NT, some segments, if presented without bias, will definitely rise some ripples. Therefore, I dont know how far it will present the true picture of the life history. Because his life does not contain to cinema, but politics, too. If it does not cover politics, it will not be a full history. If it covers politics, it will be a true picture but some people will not allow such facts to be shown on air. And particularly I feel his life history should be shown only on a neutral channel which does not have any constraints. At the present scenario, you can not find any such channel.
Considering the above facts, I personally feel that, unless telecast without any bias, and without any censoring, NT's life history will not represent his real life on any of the channels.
Raghavendran.

Vivasaayi
3rd July 2008, 10:50 AM

sila thuligal from the ad

NT interview

1.varumai...appa jailuku ponavaru..pasi...adhanala nadaguthuku nadika ponen

2.naan nadika vandhadhu panathuku illa...pasiku

3.deiva maganla mudiya kodhunadhuku 5 nimisham clap panna rasigargal amanjanga

rangan_08
3rd July 2008, 11:33 AM
Dear Raghavendra Sir,

That's a valid point you got there Sir. Let's wait & watch.

BTW, have they announced the date of commencement ???

3.deiva maganla mudiya kodhunadhuku 5 nimisham clap panna rasigargal amanjanga :clap: :notworthy: :notworthy:

joe
3rd July 2008, 11:43 AM
I don't have access to kalainjar TV :( :oops:

groucho070
3rd July 2008, 02:45 PM
I don't have access to kalainjar TV :( :oops:

Here too. I hope our own satelite TV will buy it and telecast for us.

RAGHAVENDRA
4th July 2008, 12:20 AM
Dear friends,
For those of you who have not seen the film Thuli Visham, Moser Baer has brought it out in VCD format. May be soon in DVD. Since this is not a popular film, the copies may be restricted. Please grab a copy and you will be in possession of a rare performance from NT. Almost after nearly 35 years, I saw this film now. And my earlier review stands with status quo. The story line is very thin and it is a duel between KRR's character and NT's. NT appears as Karpaga Nattu Mannan and Krishna Kumari as heroine as given a good performance. Of course the film would be dragging for a while. But you can see a stylish NT in this film, as a negative character. His sword style is a treat for eyes, his glance in turns, his majestic steps, postures would all make the otherwise boring film, a watchable movie. And the famous Bharathanatya legend K.N. Dhandayudhapani Pillai has composed music besides Choreography. One song is missing from the VCD (Ullam Thedadhe endru sonnadhu, which is widely mentioned as featuring in Edhaiyum Thangum Idhayam). All the songs are oriented towards Bharathanatya incl. BGM (may be because composed by Bharathanatya legend).
Raghavendran.

rangan_08
4th July 2008, 08:11 AM
Dear friends,
For those of you who have not seen the film Thuli Visham, Moser Baer has brought it out in VCD format. May be soon in DVD.
Raghavendran.

Thanks for the informations Sir !!

Murali Srinivas
4th July 2008, 10:24 AM
[tscii:fce3833479]
This mini interview is from today's Hindu - Cinema Plus

Grill mill - Y.G. Mahendra

Why aren’t you seen much in films these days?

So what? I’m always visible in one medium or the other. I’ve so far done more than 250 movies, nearly 6,000 stage performances and more than 35 TV serials. Right now, I’m acting in Seval, Pandhayam, Kandaswamy and Sahaptham and three more untitled films.

Why don’t you act in Kamal or Rajinikanth movies?

Kamal Haasan and Rajinikanth are my true friends. They will never underestimate my talent. I will act with them only if the role is good, like I had done in the past.

Why aren’t your plays made into films these days?

Today’s movie makers are more interested in items than a good storyline, which is why good dramas are not made into films. But my recent play “Swadeshi Aiyar” is to be picturised soon by a corporate producer.

Is comedy the mainstay of films today?

Comedy has always been a plus point for Tamil films. But according to my guru Nagesh, there are two types of comedians — those whose TIME is good and those whose TIMING is good. I hope I belong to the second category.

There are several awards for stage productions but not as many for films. Why?

I have won many awards for my stage performances, but then I have also received ‘Kalaimamani’ and ‘Kalaivanar Virudhu’ from the Tamil Nadu Government and several from private organisations. Even a ‘Nandi’ award from the Government of Andhra Pradesh. But the biggest awardis the applause I get from my audience even today.

You directed a film (Kathai Kathaiyam Karanamam), but stopped with it…

Though I have directed several successful serials, I did just one film. Soon I plan to direct a significant film.

At the end of the day what would you like to be called — a stage, TV or cinema actor?

I am an all-rounder having done classic roles on stage, TV and in films. But I would be happy if I am called a complete actor and a die hard Sivaji Ganesan fan.

S. R. ASHOK KUMAR [/tscii:fce3833479]

RAGHAVENDRA
4th July 2008, 10:49 AM
[tscii:daa8eaece2]
This mini interview is from today's Hindu - Cinema Plus
Grill mill - Y.G. Mahendra
At the end of the day what would you like to be called — a stage, TV or cinema actor?
I am an all-rounder having done classic roles on stage, TV and in films. But I would be happy if I am called a complete actor and a die hard Sivaji Ganesan fan.
S. R. ASHOK KUMAR [/tscii:daa8eaece2]
Dear Murali,
Thank you for the quoting of YGM's Interview. When almost all the film stars have it as a fashion that he/ she is a fan MGR (I do not know whether it is from their heart), here is a man who earnestly and always takes pride in pronouncing himself a fan of NT. Our sincere appreciations to him. I hope every body would agree with this.
I am also happy to inform every body that a few new features have been included in our website, www.nadigarthilagam.com:
(i) The cover page of the website is changed frequently with a still from a chosen film and a brief describtion of it. Frequent visit to site will help you keep track of it. However for those who have missed, a new link, previous cover pages, is given. This page will give a glance of those cover pages in a snap shot.
(ii) World Cinema - It is proposed to bring out the history of world cinema briefly and also analyse an international classic of all times which will help to have a chance to analyse world cinema during various periods and also from that we can know how tall NT stands in cinema standards.
(iii) Juke Box - in this link it is proposed to bring out rare dialogue clippings in audio films and also some unheard rare songs from NT's films.
Kindly post your feedback as email to info@nadigarthilagam.com
Sincerely,
Raghavendran.

joe
4th July 2008, 01:30 PM
happened to watch Yaarukoosam song from PremNagar (telugu version of Vasantha Maaligai)

ANR in Yaarukoosam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL5bchdxXcc

NT in Yaarukkaga
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7J9YDhYpJc

Same situation ,almost same meaning of words ,same heroine ,almost same sets ..But what makes the difference ..Watch and decide :huh:

rangan_08
4th July 2008, 05:14 PM
happened to watch Yaarukoosam song from PremNagar (telugu version of Vasantha Maaligai)

ANR in Yaarukoosam

NT in Yaarukkaga

Same situation ,almost same meaning of words ,same heroine ,almost same sets ..But what makes the difference ..Watch and decide :huh:

Joe, there's also " Kinnathai yendhugiren" telugu version in your link. Thaanga mudiyala......

ஏன் ஏன் ஏன் ?????

NOV
4th July 2008, 07:57 PM
:omg:

there is ONLY one actor in this world! and he is no more!

NOV
4th July 2008, 08:01 PM
I just finished watching one movie. Although I have seen it before I am completely taken aback at how much ART comes before the MAN where NT is concerned.

Imagine a movie where he takes on a charcter that is gray. He shares the lead with another hero and two quality actresses, not to mention charcter artisties like Nagiah and MR Radha.

The first song is for the other hero. The second song for the 2nd heroine. In fact NT doesnt get to sing a song till very much into the second half. And no duets at all!!!!

And what a monumental acting. Acting by walking, and later by his eyes and expressions.
Simply magnificient!

joe
4th July 2008, 08:25 PM

ANR in Yaarukoosam

NT in Yaarukkaga

Joe, there's also " Kinnathai yendhugiren" telugu version in your link. Thaanga mudiyala......

ஏன் ஏன் ஏன் ?????

என்னாலயும் முடியல்ல ..தாதாசாகிப் பால்கே விருது யாருக்கு முதல்ல குடுத்தாங்க தெரியுமா ? :hammer: :argh: :banghead: :cry3: :x

thamiz
4th July 2008, 09:00 PM
I have talked with Telugu folks abt this VM, unfortunatley, they believe NR did better :(

joe
4th July 2008, 09:17 PM
I have talked with Telugu folks abt this VM, unfortunatley, they believe NR did better :(

Vendaam..pls ..vittudunga :oops:

Murali Srinivas
4th July 2008, 10:18 PM
I just finished watching one movie. Although I have seen it before I am completely taken aback at how much ART comes before the MAN where NT is concerned.

Imagine a movie where he takes on a charcter that is gray. He shares the lead with another hero and two quality actresses, not to mention charcter artisties like Nagiah and MR Radha.

The first song is for the other hero. The second song for the 2nd heroine. In fact NT doesnt get to sing a song till very much into the second half. And no duets at all!!!!

And what a monumental acting. Acting by walking, and later by his eyes and expressions.
Simply magnificient!

NOV,

Aalyamani inspires everyone irrespective of the no of times one watches it. Some 3 years ago, TF world and the present media (totally unaware of the history of Tamil cinema and TN politics of yesteryears) were celebrating as if split personality had been captured on screen for the first time. Poor folks didn't even know that the same has been sculpted as a epic even 43 years before that. [Aalayamani -1962].

Great that you made me to decide to watch it [Postponing the DVD viewing inspite of buying it months ago].

Regards

Murali Srinivas
4th July 2008, 10:25 PM
இங்கே முன்பே தெரிவித்தது போல நாளை இரவு 8 மணிக்கு, கலைஞர் தொலைகாட்சியில் மறக்க முடியுமா என்ற தலைப்பில் நடிகர் திலகம் பற்றிய நிகழ்ச்சி ஒளிப்பரப்பாகிறது. 4 வாரங்களுக்கு சனிக்கிழமை இரவு 8 மணிக்கு நடிகர் திலகம் பற்றிய நிகழ்ச்சி ஒளிப்பரப்பாகும்.

அடுத்த வெள்ளி 11ந் தேதி சன் தொலைக்காட்சியில் இரவு 10.30 மணிக்கு மூன்று தெய்வங்கள் ஒளிப்பரப்பாகிறது

அன்புடன்

rajeshkrv
5th July 2008, 05:40 AM
Joe, ANR is a wonderful actor in his range.. Moogamanasulu was a master piece..

I dont find any necessary for comparison which will instigate unnecessary arguments

joe
5th July 2008, 06:16 AM
Joe, ANR is a wonderful actor in his range.. Moogamanasulu was a master piece..

No one denied that ..I was just looking at difference in range .

NT kooda compare pannuRathukkum oru range veNum :huh:

NOV
5th July 2008, 08:50 AM
Aalyamani inspires everyone irrespective of the no of times one watches it. :shock: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I never expected anyone to guess the movie with so vague clues. Murali :bow: :D

NOV
5th July 2008, 08:53 AM
Joe, ANR is a wonderful actor in his range.. Moogamanasulu was a master piece.. to tell you the truth, I was :rotfl: when I saw the link Joe gave. To ME it was like plain bread after having tasted a feast. ;)

NOV
5th July 2008, 09:06 AM
From: Sathiya Keerthi (@ panorama.nus.edu.sg) on: Sun Oct 19 23:56:12 EDT 1997

I saw Aalaya MaNi in the weekend (Thanks to NOV for telling me that
this movie was being shown on Malaysian TV) and I am compelled to write another
long posting. Although the movie has excellent songs such as thookkam un
kaNgaLai thazhuvattumE, ponnai virumbum boomiyilE, and kallellaam maaNikka
kallaagumaa, I just want to write about the song in the movie, satti
suttadhadaa. The song is usually classified as one depicting sadness (see
TMS sOha geedhangaL.. thread, but I want to argue that it is just the
opposite.

There are good (divine) and bad (animal) qualities in-born in every human being.
In some people, one or more of the bad qualities such as fear, jealousy, anger,
etc., are present in an extreme level, causing deep mental agony. The hero of the
movie is one such person; the problem in him is extreme jealousy. If he loves
a certain thing and if someone else sets eye on it, he loses control and becomes
furious. When he was a small boy, he even caused the death of a dear friend who set
his eyes on a doll that the hero loved. The hero, who otherwise is a person of
good character, has been having this deep feeling of guilt that he (the deep
jealousy in him) was the cause of his dear friend's death. Hence he
has been consciously making an effort to control jealousy whenever it
arises, and is also doing so many good deeds to others as atonement. BUT, the fact
was that jealousy was always rooted inside him, just waiting for a chance to explode.

Naayagan oru azhagaana peNNai kaNdu mayanginaan; avan perum paNakkaaran aanadhaal
avaLudaya petrOrai sulabhamaaga convince paNNi avaLai maNam mudikka nichchayamum
seydhaan. Avanukku oru uyir naNban. Andha naNbanukkum thanakku varappOgum manaivikkum
kaLLa uRavu irukkindradhu endru kELvippattu naayaganum avargaLai sandhEgikka
aarambikka, uLLil idhuvarai adangi irundha poRaamai endra mirugam viswaroopam eduththu
varugiRathu. Than uyir naNbanai kolai seyya andha mirugam thooNdugiRathu; naNbanai
thaniyaaga oru malai uchchikku kootti selgiRaan thaLLivittu kolvadhaRkku. Kolai
seyyap pOgum tharuvaayil avanudaya uyir naNban uNmaiyai sollugiRaan: oru kaalaththil
avanum appeNNum kaadhalargaLaaga irundhadhu uNmai; aanaal, naayagan avaLai virumbugiRaan
endru therindhadhum avaLai naayaganukkaaga vittu koduththuvittaan; avaLum konjam
konjamaaga naNbanai maRandhu naayaganai nEsikka thodangivittaaL!

Indha uNmai therindha nilaiyil naayagan enna seydhaan? Enna seydhaan enbadhai
konjam postpone paNNivittu, enna seydhiruppaan endru aaraaivOmaa? Nam manadhukku
iraNdu solutions thOndra vaayyppirukkiRadhu. Avai enna endru paarppOm.

uNmai enna endru naNban solliyum, naayagan manadhil viswaroopam eduththa poRaamai
ennum mirugam avanai thodarndhu aagramiththu, indha naNban iruppadhu unakku
eppOdhum aabaththuthaan; avanai kondruvidu, adhuthaan unakku nalladhu endru
thooNda, avanum adhanpadi nadandhirukkalaam. I call this as the animal solution.
Naayaganukku idhu nadakkavillai. En? Let us analyze.

Manidhan, poRaamai pOndru manadhil irukkum mirugaththai iraNdu muRaiyil deal paNNalaam.
He can just accept that as a part of him and act whatever that animal instinct asks him
to do. If this had been the case, the animal solution would be the most natural
result.

But, nammudaya naayagan was not so; he had always considered jealousy as a
disease and had been fighting and resisting it all his life. Adhanaal, naNbanidamirundhu
uNmai therindha pin avan, chE chE, ennai indha poRaamai ennum mirugam engkE koNdu
sendruvuttadhu paar endru sindhiththu adhanpadi manidhanaaga seyalpattiruppaan.
(avargaLudaya vaazhkkaiyai patri avan enna mudivu seygiRaan enbadhu ingku mukkiyamalla.
So I will not go into that.) I call this as the human solution. The key thing
to note here is that jealousy is still present in him; indha muRai adhu viswaroopam
eduththa pOthu adhai avan adakkivittaan, avvaLavudhaan; pinnar avan vaazhvil adhu vERu
oru kaaraNaththiRkkaaga paayndhu veLi vara vaayppu irukku innum.

uNmai therindha andha nEraththil avanukku, mElE solliya reNdu solutions-um nadakkavillai.
AppuRam ennadhaan nadandhadhu? naNbanidamirundhu uNmai therindhadhum avan udanE ninaiththaan
(Oh how stupid I have been):

budhdhi kettadhadaa nenjai thottadhadaa
naalum nadandhu mudindha pinnaal nalladhu kettadhu therindhadhadaa

avan vaazhnaaL muzhuvadhum poRaamai-yai resist seydhu manadhilum seyalilum nallavatraiyE
seydhu vandhaanE, avaiyellaam avan manadhil dheyvam vaLarvadhaRkkaaga pOtta viththukkaL.
PoRaamai ennum mirugam viswaroopam eduththu nindra pOdhu, uNmai therindhu, enna
madaththanam seyyavirundhEn endru avan ninaiththa pOdhu, andha instant-il (as JK
says, you can even say that time was not involved here; it happened instantaneously)
avanuL vaLarndhu vandha dheivam innum periya roopam eduththu poRaamai endra mirugaththai
azhiththu saambalaakkiyadhu! He was free of jealousy for ever! This is what they
call as God's Grace or as a spiritual experience, something that cannot
be planned and executed via the mind process! I call this as the divine solution.
As JK says, when there is a snake right in front of you ready to bite and you truly
realize how deadly it is, what do you do? You immediately take action to get rid of it!
This is what happened to him. IdhaRkku Kavinjar azhagaana uvamai kodukkiRaar paadalil.
Soodaana oru sattiyai (compare this with the jealousy-animal which had taken a huge form)
kaiyil pattadhum (he realizes the stupidity of following jealousy), by reflex action you drop
it (he becomes free of jealousy instantaneously):

satti suttadhadaa kai vittadhadaa

Kavinjar follows this with beautiful lines that describe, in a nutshell, what happened
in his mind from birth till now:

paadhi manadhil dheivam irundhu paarththu koNdadhadaa
meedhi manadhil mirugam irundhu aatti vaiththadhadaa
aatti vaiththa mirugam indru adangi vittadhadaa
amaidhi dheivam muzhu manadhil kOyil koNdadhadaa

(Actually I would have preferred the word azhindhu instead of adangi.)

aaravaarap pEygaLellaam Odi vittadhadaa
aalayamaNi Osai nenjil koodivittadhadaa
dharma dhEvan kOvililE oLi thulangudhadaa
manam shaanthi shaanthi shaanthi endru Oyvu kaNdadhadaa

(As said already, spiritual experiences such as this cannot be planned; the are god-given.
So, avanuL irundha poRaamai azhindhadhu kadavuL avanukku koduththa pichchai; andha dheivaththai
dharma dhEvan endru kavinjar solvadhu kuRippida thakkadhu.)

Gnanam endra vaarththaikku Knowledge endru podhuvaaga naam translation
solvadhuNdu; aanaal Gnanam innum aRpudhamaana ondru. Hindu philosophy-yil
Gnannam is used to denote the the ultimate understanding of the Aathman
that comes from a profound spiritual experience. Naayaganukku vandhadhu spiritual
experience (yaanai) enbadhu uNmai; aanaal adhu vandhadhu avanuL irukkum poRaamai
(eRumbu) endra mana nOyai kolla; avanukku muzhu Gnanaththai koduppadhaRkkaaga alla;
after the experience he is not a realized soul or any such thing; it's just
that he got rid of jealousy from the roots! Idhai kuRippida kavinjar thErndheduththa
varigaL:

eRumbu thOlai uriththup paarkka yaanai vandhadhadaa
en idhaya thOlai uriththup paarkka gnanam vandhadhadaa

Being so thrilled at the peace that has come in him, our naayakan further sings:

piRakkum munnE irundha uLLam indru vandhadhadaa
iRandha pinnE varum amaidhi vandhuvittadhadaa

Summarizing, ip paadal sOhap paadal alla. In fact, it is sung by the character
in great happiness, no, actually more, it is in esctacy! Paadalukku kavinjar
Kannadhasan varaindha varigaL aRpudham. Saanthamaana tune pOttu, kadalin alaiyOsaiyum,
aaravaarap pEygaL kaththuvadhaiyum, aalayamaNiyin Osaiyum sariyaana idangaLil izhaya
vittu paadalai unnadhamaaga aakkivittanar mellisai mannargaL; paadalai nalla uNarchchiyudan
paadi asaththivittaar TMS. Padaththil, Shivaji Ganesan-in nadippu indha paadalil avar kaattum muga bhaavanaigaL
pramaadham endrE sollavENdum. Overall, it is a beautiful song perfectly made for a
wonderful situation.

NOV
5th July 2008, 09:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpYkYdvt5sg

saradhaa_sn
5th July 2008, 06:05 PM
Aalyamani inspires everyone irrespective of the no of times one watches it. :shock: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Murali is a genious.....

NOV, when I saw your clue I started from 'Paava mannippu' and searching all movies in 'pa'series (because, two heroes and two heroines are very common in 'pa' movies).

Not even a spark came in my mind about 'Alayamani'.
(yes, everyone cant become Murali. He is the one and only).

Vivasaayi
5th July 2008, 08:25 PM
shivaji finished bale pandiya movie in 11 days

Vivasaayi
5th July 2008, 08:26 PM
the first trailor for a tamil film was shown for "thirumbi paar" - a shivaji movie

Vivasaayi
5th July 2008, 08:49 PM
one of the important reasons for "chevalier" was veerapandiya kattabomman"

joe
5th July 2008, 08:56 PM
Vivasayi,
Hope you got these from Kalainjar TV programe ..Keep posted :D

Vivasaayi
5th July 2008, 08:57 PM
Vivasayi,
Hope you got these from Kalainjar TV programe ..Keep posted :D

obviously :D

Vivasaayi
5th July 2008, 08:58 PM
sivaji never cared about acting in negatibe roles if the role was meaty - sivaji

Vivasaayi
5th July 2008, 08:59 PM
the new style of acting delivered by sivaji in parasakthi rasied many eyebrows and they thought of replacing sivaji.later sivaji shifted slightly to cinematic acting and got adjusted with the cinematic style

joe
5th July 2008, 09:01 PM
Youtube-la kanda karumaathirathayellam upload pannuranga ..Intha kalainjar TV programme -a yaaravathu upload pannina punniyama pogum :)

Vivasaayi
5th July 2008, 09:02 PM
the masterpiece of sivaji in drama is bharathan role.he used to play three roles in ramayana.

seetha,soopanagai and bharathan

joe
5th July 2008, 09:15 PM
the masterpiece of sivaji in drama is bharathan role.he used to play three roles.

seetha,soopanagai and bharathan

After watching 'Sampoorna RamanayaNam' Rajaji mentioned 'Kanden Bharathanai' in 'Kanden seethaiyai' style ..

Vivasaayi
5th July 2008, 09:17 PM
joe,

i watched few scenes from a ramayana movie where ntr is hero!

in which sivaji acts as bharathan....when bharatan reaches the city ...people neglect him as rama was sent to forest.

his reaction for that and the following scene was awesome

adhan samboorna ramayanama?

joe
5th July 2008, 09:18 PM
joe,

i watched few scenes from a ramayana movie where ntr is hero!

in which sivaji acts as bharathan....when bharatan reaches the city ...people neglect him as rama was sent to forest.

his reaction for that and the following scene was awesome

adhan samboorna ramayanama?

Yes :D

Murali Srinivas
5th July 2008, 10:01 PM

Murali is a genious.....

NOV, when I saw your clue I started from 'Paava mannippu' and searching all movies in 'pa'series (because, two heroes and two heroines are very common in 'pa' movies).

Not even a spark came in my mind about 'Alayamani'.
(yes, everyone cant become Murali. He is the one and only).

Thanks NOV.

Saradha, thanks. But the word genius is too much. When it comes to NT, you know certain things which I don't know and vice versa.

Joe,

The TV programme was sort of a repeat telecast. I don't know whether you had seen it already. It came in Sun TV, I believe. Meena interviewed NT. It was somewhere in 1999-2000. Most of the time Parasakthi clippings were shown. It also had clippings from Andha Naal (climax), Illara Jothi (Anarkali drama scene), Kattabomman (Vaanam Pazhikirathu) and Deiva Piravi (a superb scene involving NT, Padmini and SSR). It is continuing next week also. As I said yesterday, it is going to be a 4 week prog. Next week it is Ranjitha's interview of NT (I don't think, I have seen that). As a trailor they showed NT talking about Uyarndha Manidhan and talking in glowing terms about Sivakumar's acting.

But even for a repeat telecast, it was interesting because it gave us an opportunity to see and listen to NT the person rather than as a character of a movie we normally see.

Regards

joe
5th July 2008, 10:08 PM
Murali sir,
Is it possible to record and upload in youtube? :wink:

Murali Srinivas
5th July 2008, 10:28 PM
Murali sir,
Is it possible to record and upload in youtube? :wink:

Joe,

I don't have the facility to record and I am not technically that competent to carry out things like uploading. But let me try to find out a way for this.

Regards

RAGHAVENDRA
5th July 2008, 10:45 PM
joe wrote:
Murali sir,
Is it possible to record and upload in youtube?
Joe,
I don't have the facility to record and I am not technically that competent to carry out things like uploading. But let me try to find out a way for this.
Regards
Dear Joe, Murali & other friends,
It is heartening to see the live discussion going on about the Kalaignar TV programme. As Murali said, this is a repeat telecast and I presume, with some editing done to suit Kalaignar TV. Anyway NT in that dress looks so grace, majestic, classic, you can go on describing. I have seen him clad in this pattern as early as in 1971 during electioneering. vow.
Another point is the announcer told that Kattabomman is the basic reason for award of Chevalier title to him. But it was Navarathri which won him the coveted Chevalier title.
Hope to meet again.

thamiz
6th July 2008, 02:11 AM
watched VietnAm vIdu! :)

Liked the advice to nAgEsh that he should not have fallen in love with nhis friend's sister.

சிவாஜி: "உன் ஃப்ரெண்டு நம்ம ஆத்துக்கு வரும்போது உன் தங்கைட்ட எப்படி பழகுறான்?"

நாகேஷ்: கூடப்பிறந்த தங்கை மாதிரி பழகிறான்ப்பா!

சிவாஜி: ஆனால் நீ மட்டும் ஏன்ப்பா அவன் தங்கையிடம் தங்கை போல பழக்வில்லை?

"எந்நன்றி கொன்றார்க்கும் உய்வுண்டாம் உய்வில்லை செய்நன்றி கொன்ற மகர்க்கு!"

thamiz
6th July 2008, 08:31 PM
மஹாகவி காளிதாஸ் பார்த்தேன்! :D

பாடல்கள் அருமை!

படம் இன்னும் கொஞ்சம் நல்லா டைரெக்ட் பண்ணி இருக்கலாம்!

rangan_08
7th July 2008, 08:15 AM
Watched "Marakka mudiyuma" in Kalaignar TV. Though it's a repeat telecast, I'm watching it for the first time.

As Murali sir said, that "Deivappiravi" scene was excellent. SSR, fuming in anger, accuses NT with harsh words. But, NT cooly says, "Dei, dei, dei...niruthuda..." . I just started clapping.

Thirumaran
7th July 2008, 09:22 AM
Watched "Marakka mudiyuma" in Kalaignar TV. Though it's a repeat telecast, I'm watching it for the first time.

As Murali sir said, that "Deivappiravi" scene was excellent. SSR, fuming in anger, accuses NT with harsh words. But, NT cooly says, "Dei, dei, dei...niruthuda..." . I just started clapping.

:exactly:

that scene was extremely good. :clap: NT's reactions were top class. :thumbsup: Padmini and SSR too were brilliant :clap:
Should watch this movie :P

I too saw this interview for the first time. When and which TV before they telecasted ?

Some Interesting news about the movies were quite interesting too :P

saradhaa_sn
8th July 2008, 06:59 PM
நடிகர்திலகத்தின் 'மறக்க முடியுமா?' நிகழ்ச்சி சுவாரஸ்யமாகவே இருந்தது (ஏற்கெனவே பார்த்ததாக இருந்தபோதிலும், படத்தில் வேடத்தோடு பார்ப்பதை விட இயல்பாகப் பார்ப்பது ஒரு விசேஷம்தானே). இந்த உடை 70-களில் பொது நிகழ்ச்சி மற்றும் அரசியல் மேடைகளில் தோன்றும்போது அவர் அணிவது. 80-களில் கலர் வேஷ்ட்டி கலர் ஜிப்பா அணிந்தவர் பிற்காலங்களில் வெள்ளை கதர் வேஷ்டி சட்டையில் காட்சியளித்தார்.

ரசித்த பலவற்றில் ஒன்று....

"பராசக்தியில் நடித்தபோது, எனக்கு கல்யாணம் ஆகலை. அதனால் அப்போ காதல்னா என்னன்னே தெரியாது" (என்றவர் பின்னர் தாழ்ந்த குரலில்) "இப்போ மட்டும் என்ன வாழுதாம். இப்பவும் தெரியாது".

அதேபோல வீரபாண்டிய கட்டபொம்மன் வசனத்தைப் பேசிக்காட்டியபோது, அதே சிம்மக்குரல் கணீரென்று ஒலித்தது.

saradhaa_sn
8th July 2008, 07:29 PM
வரும் வெள்ளியன்று (11.07.2008) இரவு 10.30 மணிக்கு சன் டிவி-யின் 'முத்தான திரைப்படங்கள்' வரிசையில்....

நடிகர்திலகத்தின் 'மூன்று தெய்வங்கள்'

ஒளிபரப்பாகிறது. (முன்கூட்டிய தகவலுக்கு நன்றி முரளி).

இத்திரைப்படம் பற்றிய விமர்சனம் மற்றும் தகவல்கள் இங்கே...

http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=7685&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=405

http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=7685&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=420

Murali Srinivas
9th July 2008, 11:44 PM
இந்த மாதம் ஜூலை 26ந் தேதி சனிக்கிழமை தஞ்சை மாநகரில் நடிகர் திலகத்தின் சிலை திறப்பு விழா நடைபெறும் என தெரிகிறது. ஒரு பிரபலம் கலந்து கொள்ள வாய்ப்பு இருப்பதாகவும் செய்திகள் வந்திருக்கின்றன. விரைவில் அதிகாரபூர்வமான அறிவிப்பு வெளியாகும்.

ஜோ, தஞ்சைக்கு பிறகு நாகர்கோவில் சிலை திறப்பு விழா நடைபெறும்.

அன்புடன்

RAGHAVENDRA
10th July 2008, 12:15 AM
இந்த மாதம் ஜூலை 26ந் தேதி சனிக்கிழமை தஞ்சை மாநகரில் நடிகர் திலகத்தின் சிலை திறப்பு விழா நடைபெறும் என தெரிகிறது. ஒரு பிரபலம் கலந்து கொள்ள வாய்ப்பு இருப்பதாகவும் செய்திகள் வந்திருக்கின்றன. விரைவில் அதிகாரபூர்வமான அறிவிப்பு வெளியாகும்.

அன்புடன்
Dear Murali Sir,
Very happy to hear the news. We wish the function a grand success.
As said earlier, our website is gearing itself for tthe birthday of Nadigar Thilagam. If every thing goes fine, a special programme is arranged and I hope it would be different one. Get ready for the event.
Raghavendran.

joe
10th July 2008, 06:42 AM

மகிழ்ச்சி ..நடிகர் திலகத்தின் கோட்டை நாகர்கோவிலில் சிலை திறப்பு விழா சரித்திரம் படைக்கும் என்பதில் சந்தேகம் இல்லை . :D

joe
10th July 2008, 06:47 AM
நேற்றிரவு சன் தொலைக்காட்சியில் கலைத்தாயின் தவப்புதல்வன் நடித்த 'தவப்புதல்வன்' பார்க்கும் வாய்ப்பு கிடைத்தது.

மிக எளிமையான கதை நடிகர் திலகத்தின் அற்புதமான நடிப்பு .மாபெரும் ரசிகர் கூட்டத்தை கொண்ட நடிகன் மாலைக்கண் நோய் கொண்டவராக நடிக்க முடியுமென்றால் அதற்கெல்லாம் நெஞ்சுரமும் ,ரசிகர்கள் மேல் அசைக்க முடியாத நம்பிக்க்கையும் அர்ப்பணிப்பும் வேண்டும் .

joe
10th July 2008, 07:22 AM
நடிகர் திலகம்

ஒவ்வொரு அசைவும் நமது உயிரினைக் கொள்ளை கொள்ளும்
அவ்விரு விழிகள் பேசும் ஆயிரம் மொழிகள் தன்னை
செவ்விய தமிழோ அவனால் சிறப்புகள் கோடி கொள்ளும்
சிறு நடை நடந்தால் கூட சிங்கமே ஒதுங்கிக் கொள்ளும்
எவ்விதம் இவனால் மட்டும் இத்தனை முடியும் என்று
அவ்விய நெஞ்சத்தாரின் அழுக்காறு அவரைக் கொல்லும்
பவ்வியம் காட்டும் போதும் பல விதம் காட்டி நிற்கும்
பல்கலைக் கழகம் எங்கள் பார் புகழ் சிவாஜி அண்ணன் :clap:

-தமிழ்க்கடல் நெல்லை கண்ணன்

http://thamizhkadal.blogspot.com/2008/07/blog-post_10.html

joe
10th July 2008, 05:35 PM
நடிகர் திலகம்

கண் நடிக்கும் என்றே நாம் பார்த்து நிற்போம்
கை நடிப்பைப் பார்ப்பதற்கு விட்டுப் போகும்
பண்ணிசைக்கு வாயசைக்க பார்த்திருந்தால்
பாடியது அவரேதான் என்று தோன்றும்
விண்ணவரின் வேடத்தில் அவரும் வந்தால்
விண்ணவர்க்கோ வியப்பினால் இமை துடிக்கும்
கண்ணவரே எங்களது திரைத் துறையின்
கடவுளே சிவாஜி கணேசனன்றோ
:clap:

http://thamizhkadal.blogspot.com/2008/07/blog-post_1329.html

mr_karthik
10th July 2008, 05:41 PM
Tomorrow (Friday) Night 10.30 in Sun TV's 'Muthaana ThiraippadangaL' series.....

Dont miss to watch one of the NT's most entertainers....

"MOONDRU DHEIVANGGAL"

Staring : Nadigar Thilagam, Muthuraman, Nagesh, Sivakumar, S.V.Subbaiyah, V.S.Raghavan, V.K.Ramasamy, M.R.R.Vasu, 'Vennira aadai' Moorthy, Chandrakala, Jayagausalya, Rukmani.

NT's another 'NO PAIR' movie.....
NT's another 'NO DUET' movie.....
NT's another 'NO MAKE-UP' movie.....

(enga annanukku 'dhillu' romba)

Story & Dialogues : 'Chitralaya' Gopu
Lyrics : Kannadhasan
Music : 'Mellisai Mannar' M.S.Viswanathan
Direction : Dhadha Mirasi

Lovely songs.........

'thEn mazhaiyilE maangani nanaindhathE'
'neeyoru chellapiLLai'
'nadapadhu sugamena nadathu'.
'thirupathi sendru thirumbi vandhaal'
'muLLallaa roja'
'vasandhaththil Ore naal' (one of the master piece of PS)

a 'full & full comedy cum entertainer'

Dont miss it...., Enjoy......

Shakthiprabha.
11th July 2008, 02:11 PM
HEy pps,

Tommorrow at 8 pm in KALAIGNAR tv.

they are telecasting

"MARAKKA MUDIYUMA" a recap on NT's life and achievements.

DONT MISS IT!!!!!!!!

Thirumaran
11th July 2008, 02:12 PM
HEy pps,

they are telecasting

DONT MISS IT!!!!!!!!

Ithu poana vaaramae start aayiduchu :huh:

Shakthiprabha.
11th July 2008, 05:09 PM
:shock:

I MISSED IT :banghead:

selvakumar
11th July 2008, 05:23 PM
HEy pps,

they are telecasting

DONT MISS IT!!!!!!!!

:rotfl:

Shakthiprabha.
11th July 2008, 05:24 PM
selva,

enna sirippu vendirukku. :evil:
dont digress here :D

// dign

selvakumar
11th July 2008, 05:29 PM
SP akka - sari :P

I think in the AD they are showing him delivering the famous kattabomman dialogue. hmm... I missed it last week. I don't think I have seen this program before. naalaikkum mudiyaathu.. :roll: Anyone recording and uploading this interview regularly ?

mr_karthik
11th July 2008, 06:16 PM
//dig..

Hi SP mam,
the following is the reason for Selva's laughing...

DONT MISS IT!!!!!!!!

:shock:

I MISSED IT :banghead:

:lol: :lol:
dig ends..//

Shakthiprabha.
11th July 2008, 06:16 PM
:lol2:

oks karthik , selva :D

Murali Srinivas
12th July 2008, 10:32 AM
மூன்று தெய்வங்கள் - நடிகர் திலகம் - என்ன இயல்பான நடிப்பு - காஷுவலான வசன உச்சரிப்பு- நிமிட நேரத்தில் மாறும் முக பாவம் - மேக்கப் இல்லாமல் - விக் இல்லாமல் - வெகு சாதரணமாக தலைமுடியை சொறிந்து கொண்டு - திருப்பதி சென்று பாடலின் போது குளோஸ் அப்-ல் ஆயில் painting போல் தெரியும் அந்த முகம் (ஊருக்கு மறைக்கும் உண்மைகள் எல்லாம் வேங்கடம் அறியுமடா - என்ற வரியின் போது) - வசந்தத்தில் ஓர் நாள் பாடலின் போது அந்த கையை நீட்டி ஆசி கூறும் ஸ்டைல் - 37 வருடங்களுக்கு பிறகும் ரசிக்க முடிகிறது.

வரும் வாரம் புதன்கிழமை இரவு 10.30 மணிக்கு சன் தொலைக்காட்சியில் தெய்வப்பிறவி ஒளிப்பரப்பாகிறது.

அன்புடன்

NOV
13th July 2008, 07:29 PM
enjoy a whistling cool NT here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYm5Eth5kGk&feature=related

joe
13th July 2008, 07:37 PM
மறக்க முடியுமா ?
http://dharumi.blogspot.com/2008/07/265.html

rangan_08
14th July 2008, 10:50 AM
மறக்க முடியுமா ?
http://dharumi.blogspot.com/2008/07/265.html

Dear Joe,

To an extent, avarin aadhangam nyayamanadudhan.

BTW, friends, don't miss "Deivappiravi".

NOV
14th July 2008, 07:52 PM
I watched a fantastic movie today :clap: Sharing glory in this movie is nadigavEl. Also saw a different aspect fo balaji, never seen before!

NT chummaa pinni irundhaar... and he is clearly the inspiration for many including the much recent dasavatharam :shock:

songs were excellent and till today they are much respected.

enna oru padam! and I am :shock: that I never watched it earlier. :hammer:

Murali Srinivas
14th July 2008, 08:00 PM
NOV,

You saw Bale Paandiyaa and you have never seen it before? Surprising. Balaji with a comic touch would be a revealation.

Regards

NOV
14th July 2008, 08:03 PM

:bow: Murali.... unga kaiya kaala nenechu ... :clap:

NOV
14th July 2008, 08:10 PM
Sivaji was hilarious in the movie. Enna oru sense of timing, enna oru muga baavanai. :clap: The maappilai paarkira scene culminating with neeyE unakku endrum nigaraanavan was absolutely hillarious. I was literally :rotfl:

NT proved that he is the best and there is none other than him with his potrayals as appaavi paandiyan, rowdy muthu and vignani shankar (who reminded me of Balram Naidu in Dasa). Even MMKR seems to be inspired from this movie.

songs : vaazha ninaiththaal vaazhalaam, naan enna sollivittEn, yaarai engE vaippadhu, neeyE enakku, aadhi manidhan, and the crescendo - aththi kaaikaai kaai.

kannadhasan and viswanatha-ramamoorthy :bow: :bow: :bow:

certainly a movie to bewatched anytime and any place.

Srimannarayanan
14th July 2008, 08:14 PM
Where can i get the DVDs of the following NT movies in Chennai

Sabash Meena

Gouravam

Uttamputhiram

Irumbu thirai

Motor Sundaram Pillai

Padithal Mattum Pothuma

Thiruvarut Selvar.

Bale Pandiya

and Palum Pazhamum

Srimannarayanan
14th July 2008, 08:16 PM
Sivaji was hilarious in the movie. Enna oru sense of timing, enna oru muga baavanai. :clap: The maappilai paarkira scene culminating with neeyE unakku endrum nigaraanavan was absolutely hillarious. I was literally :rotfl:

NT proved that he is the best and there is none other than him with his potrayals as appaavi paandiyan, rowdy muthu and vignani shankar (who reminded me of Balram Naidu in Dasa). Even MMKR seems to be inspired from this movie.

songs : vaazha ninaiththaal vaazhalaam, naan enna sollivittEn, yaarai engE vaippadhu, neeyE enakku, aadhi manidhan, and the crescendo - aththi kaaikaai kaai.

kannadhasan and viswanatha-ramamoorthy :bow: :bow: :bow:

certainly a movie to bewatched anytime and any place.

One dialog

Shivaj to Balaji

Sir neenga goldu sir

unga sister rold goldu sir. :lol:

NOV
14th July 2008, 08:16 PM
Lakshman Shruthi :D

NOV
14th July 2008, 08:17 PM
One dialog
Shivaj to Balaji
Sir neenga goldu sir
unga sister rold goldu sir. :lol:there's more... neenga silver, unga sister eversilver :rotfl:

Srimannarayanan
14th July 2008, 08:18 PM
Lakshman Shruthi :D

Thanks NOV. I will try this weekend. :D

NOV
14th July 2008, 08:20 PM
and sriman, dont forget to get the DVD of thirumal perumai where NT took the role of Periyalwaar :thumbsup:

Srimannarayanan
14th July 2008, 08:31 PM
and sriman, dont forget to get the DVD of thirumal perumai where NT took the role of Periyalwaar :thumbsup:

Yes I will try. :D

RAGHAVENDRA
14th July 2008, 09:21 PM

Yes I will try. :D
Dear Sriman
Pls refer the link VCDs/DVDs in our website www.nadigarthilagam.com, where you can get the info on the films that are available in different format.
Raghavendran.

Murali Srinivas
14th July 2008, 10:17 PM

:bow: Murali.... unga kaiya kaala nenechu ... :clap:

NOV,

Enna ivvalavu periya vaarthai ellam sollikkittu. When you posted, I was on line and so could immediately respond. This was one movie I could enjoy any time.

Regards

RAGHAVENDRA
14th July 2008, 11:44 PM
Dear friends,
Though NT has fans in all fields and political parties, his association with the late leader Kamaraj was honest and sincere and can not be ignored. NT was not just an actor, but a true Indian and follower of Kamaraj until his last breath. On this day, 15th of July 2008, being the birth day of Kamaraj and celebrated as day for education, it will be a fitting tribute if we recollect the contribution of NT to the Nation, the INC and to our beloved leader Kamaraj. Any hubber who had the privilege of working with them can share their moments of nostalgia on this day.
Raghavendran.

Murali Srinivas
15th July 2008, 12:00 AM
எல்லோருக்கும் வாழ்வு நல்லபடியாக மலர வேண்டும் என்று எப்போதும் பாடுபட்ட பெருந்தலைவரின் பிறந்த நாள். இனி இப்படி ஒரு தலைவன் தோன்றிட மாட்டானா என்று இன்று வரை தமிழக மக்கள் ஏங்கி கொண்டிருக்கும் ஒரு ஒப்பற்ற தலைவனின் பிறந்த நாள். இந்த நன்னாளில் கர்ம வீரரையும் என்றென்றும் பெருந்தலைவர் வழியொற்றி நடந்து அவர் விட்டு சென்ற கடமைகளை நிறைவேற்றுவதற்காக கடைசி வரை பாடுபட்ட நடிகர் திலகத்தையும் நினைவு கூர்வோம். மீண்டும் அப்படிப்பட்ட ஒரு பொற்காலம் தோன்ற வேண்டுவோம்.

அன்புடன்

joe
15th July 2008, 06:51 AM
கல்விக்கண் திறந்த கர்மவீரர் காமராஜரின் புகழ் ஓங்குக !

நாடு பார்த்ததுண்டா இந்த நாடு பார்த்ததுண்டா
தன் வீடு பார்க்காமல் சொந்த வாழ்வு பார்க்காமல்
இந்த நாடு முன்னேற நாளும் உழைத்தவனை
நாடு பார்த்ததுண்டா..

RAGHAVENDRA
15th July 2008, 09:22 AM
[tscii:2e98bba7d8]Dear Joe and Murali,
Thank you for your response. Hope others would write. Today morning Mega TV paid tribute to our beloved leader in its Amudha Gaanam. Following songs were played:
(Theerppu) amma or ambigai pol
(Panakkara kudumbam) ondru engal jadhiye
(Doctor Siva) Nallavar kuralukku
(Avan Oru Sarithiram) Nalai enna nalai
(Indru Pol Endrum Vaazhga) Idha naattai kaakkum
(Rajapart Rangadurai) Inquilab Jindabad
(Kanavane Kankanda deivam) Bharatha nattil
(Dharmam Engey) Sudandira
(Sadhu mirandal) Drama
(Kappalottiya Thamizhan) Vellippanimalaiyil
(Kai Kodutha Dheivam) Sindhu nadhiyin
(Bharatha vilas) Indhiya nadu
Of course there are some more songs but not as equal to the number in the films of dravidian artistes. Except NT, only a few very artistes/ directors brought out the glory of Kamaraj in films. Even NT's films where he preached Kamaraj's policies were not received well, particularly the film Thaai, which out and out contained many scenes. The song Naadaala Vandhaaru Naadaala vandhaaru was one such. Unfortunately it is neither played in radio nor in any tv channel. Even the song Kodiyil oruvan from Engal Thanga Raja is not played in any media. In fact there was sarcastic comments when NT brought Kamaraj in his songs. Comments included, why NT is bringing politics in his cinema, like that. I argued with many people in both the cinema halls as well as among friends. If at all people listened to these propagations, at least some awareness might have come among them. And the blame should not go on the people, but on the congressmen in Tamil Nadu. They miserably failed to utilise the media. Kamaraj deserved much much more coverage in the media, which was unfortunately, not there. And if at all Kamaraj rule in Tamil Nadu can come in Tamil Nadu, it will be possible only by the involvement of Sivaji Fans and none other. This I can be double sure. Thus saying I am not dwelling into any of the present dravidian politics, but as a nationalist, I feel the present generation and the generations to come, will not know either about Kamaraj rule or about congress party in Tamil Nadu. Hope some thing comes out in the future[/tscii:2e98bba7d8]

rangan_08
15th July 2008, 09:57 AM
Why should a man like Karmaveerar Kamaraj, sacrifice his entire life for the people ???? Is it only to get defeated in the hands of cheap & cunning politics ???? Inspite of being slammed by his contemporary politicians, he still remained the person he was. And that's what makes a noble person from an ordinary one.

We all know how much respect NT had for the great leader. He never used to project himself in a big way while being with the leader. But what's happening today ???? I can see Sarath Kumar flaunting his party's slogans and his cut-outs / banners all over the city, in the name of celeberating the leader's birthday. While you can see life-size images of Sarath, the poor leader is being perched in a corner in the same poster.

Sorry friends, let me stop digressing before my bp shoots up.

Vaazhga Kamarajar pugazh !! :( :irked: :oops:

RAGHAVENDRA
15th July 2008, 09:20 PM
[tscii]Dear friends,
The following is a posting by one of the hubbers in another forum discussing about Dasavatharam. Here the person discusses NT's film. Can any body guess it (Murali Sir, pls dont disclose, I know you know and you know that I know).

Govind atheist incarbation of theist nambi with gap of 800 years. remember nadigar thilagam playing double roles, theist elder brother who believes the temple kalasam will turn automatically to prove his belief in God. the younger brother again nadigar thilagam, an atheist, who never beleives in god, but has tremendous love for his elder brother and his faith in God that the temple kalasam will churn automatically.in order to sustain brother’s faith in God, the younger atheist brother climbs the temple gopuram with difficulty and churns the kalasam to sustain his elder brother;s faith in God. what a marvellous portrayal by nadigar thilagam.
topic: Dasavatharam for Dummies
- link: http://nrimaami.wordpress.com/2008/06/19/dasavatharam-for-dummies/
18. Govindarajan | June 29, 2008 at 12:42 am
--
Raghavendran.

RAGHAVENDRA
15th July 2008, 09:39 PM
Dear friends,
Your attn. pls:

TOP NEWS
Starshine Powerplay

G.C. Shekhar

The plot takes a new turn on 1 October. That is the day Tamil Nadu’s political history could get rewritten. It is on that day — the 80th birth anniversary of thespian Sivaji Ganesan — that his actor-son Prabhu will announce his plunge into politics.

Tamil Nadu’s history has been rewritten many times, each time more bizarre than the worst movie script. Filmstars in the state seem obsessed with plunging into politics, hoping to do a MGR or striking gold like his heroine Jayalalithaa who succeeded him to the leadership of his AIADMK party. Sivaji Ganesan, Bhagyaraj, S.S. Rajendran and T. Rajender have all attempted political experiments in the past with disastrous consequences. More recently the likes of Vijayakanth, Sharathkumar and Karthik have started new political parties. Only Vijayakanth has made a slight bit of difference to the state’s polity.

A star of over 100 films, of which just about a dozen can be counted as hits, the rotund and chubby Prabhu, after starring as hero and romancing fellow star Khushboo on the way, has now been reduced to playing a sidekick to Rajnikanth in Chandramukhi and Kamal Haasan in Vasul Raja MBBS. And yet, Sivaji’s son is hoping to pull off what the father could not, in the hope that his Thevar community, politically powerful in the southern districts, will back him.

A majority of Thevars are with Jayalalithaa because of her closeness to Sasikala Natarajan, a Thevar. It seems futile for Prabhu, a fading star, to hope for the Thevar vote unless Sasikala gave the green signal — and threw open the money chests. Her nephew is married to Prabhu’s niece — remember that mother of all marriages in which Jayalalithaa and Sasikala walked down the city roads to the marriage hall decked in kilos of gold?

But Prabhu is putting up a brave face, declaring just the other day that his fans were arriving at his Chennai bungalow in droves by chartered vans from all over Tamil Nadu, screaming, "Thalaiva (leader), what are you waiting for? Come, take your space that is waiting for you."

And he went on to add, "Whenever I meet people, I can see the expectations on their faces." Producer-brother Ramkumar — even more rotund and chubby — is busy doing the groundwork for the grand political debut. The two were witness to papa Sivaji, known to be tight-fisted otherwise, burning fingers black in trying to run a party of his own after quitting the Congress when Indira Gandhi would not "acknowledge his importance the way the DMK did with MGR". Sivaji’s party came a cropper in the 1989 state elections and he himself lost the deposit — never mind he was still a great actor and his films continued to make money.

Sivaji’s political journey had started in the DMK before he anchored himself strongly with the Congress (he even became Rajya Sabha MP) followed by his TMK misadventure in 1988 before moving over to Janata Party as state president and finally returning to the Congress. When the Rajiv Gandhi government wanted to give him the Dada Saheb Phalke award, a Tamil Nadu Congress leader politely reminded the leadership that Sivaji was then with the Janata party. Sivaji got the award in 1996 after he returned to the Congress.

Some said Prabhu could be the next state leader of the Forward Bloc, which derives its support only from the Thevar community. The FB’s earlier experiment to gain popularity by nominating another fading star Karthik as its state head ended in unmitigated disaster. It is possible that the Prabhus and Sarathkumars are hoping to win a seat here and a seat there, so that in the present coalition politics, they too could taste a bit of power.

This political flirting by filmstars seems most rampant among the Tamils, who could be easily judged guilty of elevating their celluloid heroes to glorious heights. Every actor of some standing has a grand title added to his/her name — from Superstar Rajnikanth down to Ilaya Dalapathi (commander of the youth) Vijay. No wonder then the Tamil stars want to shine in politics as well, while greater actors in other languages have remained content wearing the grease paint — the best example is Kerala’s Prem Nazir, who set a world record acting as hero in more than 600 films, yet kept away from the cinema studio.

Interestingly, if Sivaji was known as the nadigar thilagam (star among actors), archrival MGR was called the makkal thilagam (star of the people). Though Sivaji fancied being a political leader, he was more obsessed with acting — did not mind smoking, drinking, flirting and even dying on screen to bring out the best of histrionics. On the other hand, MGR would never do a scene showing him in bad light and defeated. He even supervised the lyrics and made sure they contained some social message that projected him among the people as a do-gooder, an ideal son, great brother and of course the most romantic hero. And so, says Thuglak editor Cho Ramaswamy, it would require years of astute planning for any film star to emulate MGR and score his kind of victory in a political role.

Yet several stars have chosen shortcuts latching on to the political bandwagon with the brazen calculation that their fan-following would easily multiply into votes.

"In the past everyone thought he could do an MGR. Even Sivaji, with such a huge fan following, failed to make a mark as people refused to see him as anything beyond an actor. Now Vijayakanth’s garnering eight per cent of the total votes has rekindled dreams among other stars like Karthik, Sharathkumar and Prabhu that they can win the odd assembly seat and share power in an alliance. Even Vijayakanth owes his votes to his film fans and a few unattached voters and I am doubtful if he can improve upon it," says Cho.

Actor S.Vee. Shekher, now an AIADMK legislator from south Chennai, differs from Cho and feels that Prabhu can make an impact if he is anointed the leader of the Forward Bloc. "On his own a star may be popular but you need a party machinery to bring those votes to the booth," Shekhar explains. He should know for in 1989 he had contested as an independent in the same Mylapore constituency. "In 2006 the good work of the Jayalalithaa government, the AIADMK’s cadre network and also my goodwill with the voters got me the victory," Shekher reasons, adding, "Karthik failed because he thought politics was another film-shooting and he was as unprofessional as he used to be on a movie set — arriving late and taking others for granted."

But it is impossible to keep the fictional effects of filmdom rubbing on to the star as illustrated by their improbable pronouncements even when they stray into real-life political scripts. Sharathkumar, with just a limited following among his Nadar community, declared that when his party comes to power he will not be the Chief Minister and would instead nominate a new CM every year.

Vijayakanth, faced with the DMK’s promise of free colour TV during the 2006 elections, announced that he would have all provisions home delivered from the ration shops. "MGR too made such blunders initially but listened to his political advisers and corrected them by the time he captured power," remembers a senior minister of his cabinet. But today’s stars, with huge egos and media hype around them, may not readily fine-tune themselves likewise. And unlike MGR, who had a long political apprenticeship in the DMK before emerging as its electoral mascot, the new heroes are in a great hurry to climb on to the gaddi.

Even when repeated political failures of successful filmstars stare them in the face, why do movie stars risk their future, image and money on such a risky venture? "I am sure they're still influenced by MGR’s success. Otherwise why should Vijayakanth project himself as the Karuppu MGR? True, Sharathkumar and Karthik are eyeing their community votes but back in their minds they still want to emulate MGR at least to a small degree," argues Cho.

Interestingly, the three biggest star-politicians that Tamil Nadu has seen so far do not belong to any powerful caste/community. MGR was a Malayalee (a fact that his rival Karunanidhi tried his best to exploit but failed), Jayalalithaa is a Brahmin (Karunanidhi tried and failed here too) and Vijayakanth is a Telugu Naidu. Superstar Rajnikanth is a Maharashtrian from Bengaluru and might well have made it to the chief minister’s chair if only he had entered politics when his millions of fans begged him during the 1996 state polls — the public rating of chief minister Jayalalithaa was at its lowest then.

Psychiatrist Vijay Nagaswami feels that the extent of sycophancy witnessed around Tamil stars could dull them into thinking that the switch from cinema to politics can be easily accomplished like a change of costume on a film set. "Since stars in Tamil Nadu are also viewed as role models, they think that their mass base would give them a natural extension to politics. Unless they pack the political savvy of MGR, who had cultivated his image through his films, these stars may end up as just another popular person and not a populist leader," he said.
From the pages of Asian Age http://www.asianage.com/presentation/leftnavigation/age-on-sunday/starshine-powerplay.aspx

Raghavendran.
[/tscii:b952e63f37]

joe
15th July 2008, 09:51 PM
IMHO ,In any way ,Prabhu entering politics in any form ,will not bring any glory for NT's name.

NT peyarai kedukkama irukkurathe avanga NT-kku seyyuRa mariyaathai :x

NOV
16th July 2008, 05:44 AM
I agree totally with Joe. Am ashamed that Prabhu is jumping into the bandwagon. :ashamed:

joe
16th July 2008, 07:50 AM
நடிகர் திலகம்

விரி விழிகள் அவற்றுக்குள் காட்டி நிற்பான்

வியன் உலகச் சிறப்பெல்லாம் ,,, வாய் திறந்து

சிரியெனவே கேட்டாலோ நூறு வகைச்

சிரிப்பதனைத் தந்து நின்ற தவன் ஒருவன்

மொழியெனிலோ அவன் மொழிந்தால் தமிழே ஆகும்

முதல்வன் என்றால் கலையுலகம் அவனைச் சொல்லும்

வழி வழியாய் வந்த ஆய கலைகள் எல்லாம்

வடிவமைத்தான் எங்கள் அண்ணன் சிவாஜியன்றோ
:clap:

http://thamizhkadal.blogspot.com/2008/07/3.html[/quote]

joe
16th July 2008, 08:06 AM
Raghavendra Sir,
Sorry to tell you this :oops: ,but I don't understand what made you to post that crap article here in NT thread :(

Let me give just one example..

in the 1989 state elections and he himself lost the deposit

Did the authour really know what is the meaning of lost the deposit ? :x :evil: :huh:

Here is the Result..

திருவையாறு சட்டமன்றத்தொகுதி தேர்தல் முடிவு

துரை சந்திரசேகரன் - திமுக - 36,981
சிவாஜிகணேசன் - தமுமு+ஜா.அணி- 26,338
ஆறுமுக கொண்ணமுண்டார் - காங்கிரஸ் - 14,346
ஆழி கோ மருதையன் - ஜெ.அணி - 13,435
முருகேசன் - நெடுமாறன் கட்சி - 270

is this Deposit lost ? :huh: :x

Another example for people can go to any extend to downgrade NT ,when it comes to politics.. :(

That is why ,I strongly condemn Prabhu's entry into politics (if he is going to use NT's name)

joe
16th July 2008, 08:17 AM
"அண்ணன் எம்.ஜி.ஆர் அவர்கள் இறந்தபின், ஜானகி அம்மாள் சிலநாட்கள் முதல் மந்திரியாக இருந்தார்.

அப்போது சட்ட மன்றத்துக்கு தேர்தல் வந்தது. 'ஜானகி அம்மையார் அணியும் நானும் ஒன்றாகத் தேர்தலில் நின்றால் ஜெயித்து விடலாம்' என்று பல பேர் கூறினார்கள். அது போலவே நாங்கள் இருவரும் ஒன்று சேர்ந்தோம்.

இருந்தாலும் எனக்குத் தேர்தலில் நிற்பதற்குத் தயக்கம் இருந்தது. ஏனென்றால் நான் கட்சி ஆரம்பித்து சில நாட்கள் தான் ஆகியிருந்தன. கட்சியானது அப்போது முழுமையாக வளர்ச்சி அடைந்து மக்களின் நம்பிக்கையைப் பெற அவகாசம் இல்லை.

எனவே நான் சற்றுத் தயங்கினேன். ஆனால் என்னைச் சுற்றியுள்ளவர்கள் என்னிடம் வந்து 'நாங்கள் மக்களிடத்தில் நமது கட்சியைப்பற்றிக் கேட்டோம். எல்லா இடங்களிலும் நமது கட்சி நன்கு வளர்ந்திருக்கிறது. கிராமங்களில் எல்லாம் காங்கிரஸ் கொடிக்குப் பதில் உங்கள் கொடி தான் பறக்கிறது' என்று கூறியவுடன் எனக்கு உச்சி குளிர்ந்து போய்விட்டது. என்னை ஒரு மாயையில் சிக்கவைத்து எனக்கு சோப்புப் போட்டு விட்டார்கள். எனது தலையில் ஒரு பெரிய ஐஸ் கட்டியைத் தூக்கி வைத்து விட்டார்கள். நானும் "ஆகா!" என்று ஏமாந்து விட்டேன். என்னையே நான் ஏமாற்றிக் கொண்டேன்.

நமக்கும் மேலாக ஆண்டவன் ஒருவன் இருக்கிறான் அல்லவா? எதுவாயினும் அவன்தானே தீர்ப்புச் சொல்ல வேண்டும். அவனை மீறி நாம் எது செய்தாலும் அது தீங்காகவேதானே முடியும்.

அப்படித்தான் எனக்கும் நடந்தது. நான் தேர்தலில் நிற்கிறேன் என்றதும் 50 சீட் கொடுத்தார்கள். என் சொந்தப் பணத்தையும் மற்றும் வங்கியில் வாங்கிய கடன்களையும் வைத்துக் கட்சிக்காக செலவழித்தேன்.

பிற கட்சிக்கார்களில் நல்லவர்கள் சிலர் இருந்தனர். அவர்கள் என் பிள்ளைகளிடம் வந்து 'அப்பாவை கட்சி ஆரம்பிக்க சொல்லாதீர்கள். வீணாக செலவு செய்யச் சொல்லாதீர்கள்' என்று கூறியிருக்கிறார்கள்.

ஆனால் என் பிள்ளைகளோ நல்ல பிள்ளைகள், அவர்கள் வந்தவர்களிடம் 'அப்பா இது வரை தனக்கென எதுவுமே கேட்டதில்லை. கட்சி ஆரம்பிக்க வேண்டும் என்று அவர் விரும்பியிருக்கிறார். அவர் என்ன செய்தாலும் தடுக்க மாட்டோம். சொத்துக்களையே விற்றாலும் கவலைப்பட மாட்டோம். எதுவாக இருந்தாலும் அவர் இஷ்டப்படியே செய்யட்டும்' என்று கூறிவிட்டார்கள்.

அதைப்போலவே நானும் என் இஷ்டப்படிதான் செய்தேன். தேர்தலில் நின்றேன் தோல்வி அடைந்தேன்.

தேர்தல் தோல்விக்குப் பிறகு ரசிகர் மன்றத்துப் பிள்ளைகள் மட்டும் தான் என்னுடன் இருந்தார்கள். அரசியலைச் சேர்ந்தவர்கள் வேறு யாருமே கிடையாது.

அரசியலில் பல நேரங்களில் எடுப்பார் கைப்பிள்ளையாக இருந்திருக்கிறேன். அரசியலுக்குள்ளே அரசியல் பண்ணுவது எனக்கு ஒத்துவரவில்லை. அவ்வளவு தான் நான் சொல்ல முடியும். நான் தெரிந்தோ தெரியாமலோ ஒரு மாபெரும் தவறு செய்தேன் என்றால் அது அரசியலில் புகுந்ததும் அதைக் கையில் எடுத்துக் கொண்டு சுயமாக ஒரு கட்சி ஆரம்பித்ததும்தான்.

காமராஜர் பிறந்த விருதுநகர் மண் அவரைத் தோற்கடித்தது. நான் வளர்ந்த தஞ்சை மாவட்டத்திலுள்ள திருவையாறு மண் என்னைத் தோற்கடித்தது.

என் அரசியல் அனுபவத்தின் அடிப்படையில் நான் கற்றுக்கொண்ட நல்ல பாடங்களை என் கலையுலக நண்பர்களுக்குச் சொல்லிக்கொள்ள ஆசைப்படுகிறேன்.

கலைஞர்களே! நீங்கள் அரசியலில் அனுதாபியாக இருங்கள். ஆனால் அதனுள் நுழையாதீர்கள். அரசியல்வாதியின் நண்பனாய் இருங்கள். ஆனால் நீங்கள் அரசியல்வாதியாகி விடாதீர்கள். அதில் சென்று உறுப்பினராகி அந்த வலையில் மாட்டிக்கொள்ளாதீர்கள். உங்கள் நண்பர் ஒரு அரசியல்வாதியா? அவருக்கு உதவி செய்யுங்கள். கட்சியின் கொள்கைகளை ஆதரியுங்கள். பரவாயில்லை. நீங்களே கட்சிக்காரனாக ஆகிவிடாதீர்கள். நீங்கள் பாடகனாகவே இருங்கள் அந்த பாட்டாகவே நீங்கள் ஆகிவிட வேண்டாம்.

ஆண்டவனுடைய எண்ணமோ, மக்களுடைய எண்ணமோ தெரியவில்லை. நான் எவ்வளவோ முயற்சிகள் எல்லாம் செய்து பார்த்தேன். இருந்தும் நம்மை தூக்கித் தள்ளிவிட்டார்கள். "நீ நடிகன். நடிகனாகவே வாழ்க்கையை ஆரம்பித்தாய். நடிகனாகவே இருக்கப்போகிறாய். நடிகனாகவே சாகப்போகிறாய். ஆகையால் மற்ற வேலைகள் எல்லாம் உனக்கு வேண்டாம். நீ எப்போதும் கலையுலகின் நிரந்தர நடிகனே!" என்று மக்கள் நினைத்திருக்கலாம்.

அதனால் தான் அரசியலில் இருந்து முற்றிலும் விலகி, நடிகனாக மட்டும் இருக்கிறேன். அரசியல் என்னவென்றும் மக்களிடத்தில் நாம் அரசியல்வாதியாக எவ்வாறு இருந்தோம் என்றும், நடிகனாக எவ்வாறு இருக்க வேண்டும் என்றும் அனுபவத்தில் தெரிந்து கொண்டவன் நான். "கெட்டபின்பு ஞானி". இவையெல்லாம் தெரிந்து கொள்ள 60 வருடங்கள் ஆகிவிட்டன. அரசியலில் நான் தோற்றதாக நினைக்கவில்லை. ஆனால் ஏமாற்றப்பட்டேன்."

http://valai.blogspirit.com/archive/2006/04/03/%E0%AE%85%E0%AE%A9%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%AA%E0%AE%B5%E0%A E%AE%E0%AF%8D-%E0%AE%AA%E0%AF%87%E0%AE%9A%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%95%E0%A E%BF%E0%AE%B1%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%81.html

RAGHAVENDRA
16th July 2008, 09:21 AM
Dear Joe Sir,
This is just to bring to the info of all, that's all. I dont feel this is a matter to be discussed. I have my own opinion about politics and this is not the time and place for discussing the entry of Prabhu into politics, I feel. Since they referred about NT, I posted it. So just leave it like that.
Raghavendran.

joe
16th July 2008, 09:48 AM
It is OK Raghavendra Sir :)

rangan_08
16th July 2008, 11:20 AM
PLS DON'T FORGET....

TONIGHT 10.30 PM " DEIVAPPIRAVI " IN SUN TV.

rangan_08
17th July 2008, 10:31 AM
any comments about Deivappiravi ????

sankara1970
17th July 2008, 02:45 PM
Deivapiravi

Watched the film yesterday
Again a competion between acting/actors and in some scenes the very sequences were stealing the show.
NT had underplayed the role. Directed by Krishnan Panju.
Again another walking on a tight rope role for NT, who else other than him will accept such roles.
The fans of NT were matured enough to accept such roles
It was a 100 days movie.
Padmini also done a role much ahead of her age.
SSR done a key role. Probably we could not imagine anyone else in that role.
Songs ellam super CS Jayaraman master piece "Anbale Thediya "

Murali Srinivas
17th July 2008, 03:01 PM
Sankar,

Long time no see. It is nice to see you posting on Deivappiravi.

Mohan,

You must have seen it yesterday. Why don't you come out with a post on the same?

Regards

rangan_08
17th July 2008, 03:08 PM
Mohan,

You must have seen it yesterday. Why don't you come out with a post on the same?

Regards

Missed it Murali sir :( - power cut :rant: . However, I waited till 11.15 pm, but then went to sleep since I was too tired......

saradhaa_sn
17th July 2008, 04:03 PM
Raghavendra Sir,
Sorry to tell you this :oops: ,but I don't understand what made you to post that crap article here in NT thread :(

Did the authour really know what is the meaning of lost the deposit ? :x :evil: :huh:

Here is the Result..

Another example for people can go to any extend to downgrade NT ,when it comes to politics.. :(

That is why ,I strongly condemn Prabhu's entry into politics (if he is going to use NT's name)

"திருவையாறு தொகுதியின் முன்னாள் சட்டமன்ற உறுப்பினர் என்ற வகையில் கழகம் எனக்கு மீண்டும் திருவையாறு வேட்பாளராக நிறுத்தியது. என்னை எதிர்த்து திரு. சிவாஜி கணேசன் நிற்கிறார் என்றதும் நான் சற்று தயங்கினேன். அச்சப்பட்டேன். அவருக்கு தஞ்சைமாவட்டத்தில் பெரிய ரசிகர் வட்டாரம் இருக்கிறது. தங்கள் தலைவருக்காக அவர்கள் வந்து உழைப்பார்கள். ஆகவே எனது வெற்றி சற்று கேள்விக்குறியாக எண்ணினேன். ஆனால் அவருடைய அரசியல் நடவடிக்கைகளையும் தேர்தல் அணுகுமுறைகளையும் பார்த்தபோது எனக்கே அவர்மீது மரியாதையும் மதிப்பும் ஏற்பட்டது. மிகவும் ஜெண்டிலாக பாலிடிக்ஸ் பண்ணினார். தான் வெற்றி பெற வேண்டும் என்பதற்காக எந்த தகிடுதத்த வேலையையும் அவர் செய்யவில்லை. அப்படிச் செய்ய முற்பட்ட தன் கட்சியைச்செர்ந்த சிலரையும் அவர் தடுத்துள்ளார். நான் வெற்றிபெற்ற செய்தி அறிவிக்கப்பட்டதும், எனது வெற்றிக்காக மகிழ்ச்சியடைந்த அதே வேளையில், அவரது தோல்வி என் மனதின் ஒரு மூலையில் சோகத்தையும் தந்தது. அந்த தேர்தலில் நான் வேட்பாளராக நிறுத்தப்படாமல் இருந்திருந்தால், அவருக்காக கொடிபிடித்துப் பிரச்சாரம் செய்திருப்பேன். அந்த அளவுக்கு அவரது அரசியல் கண்ணியம் என்னைக்கவர்ந்தது".

('சிவாஜியை எதிர்த்து நின்று வெற்றி பெற்ற உங்கள் அனுபவம்?' என்ற கேள்விக்கு, திரு துரை சந்திரசேகரனின் பதில் - மாலை முரசு நாளிதழ்)

Murali Srinivas
17th July 2008, 04:35 PM
Mohan,

Regards

Missed it Murali sir :( - power cut :rant: . However, I waited till 11.15 pm, but then went to sleep since I was too tired......

I saw upto 12 midnight. Of course it was a repeated viwing for me. NT was class. There have been numerous films where he had given a restrained performance but with a powerpacked effect. Deivappiravi was one among them.

Regards

rangan_08
17th July 2008, 04:38 PM
I saw upto 12 midnight. Of course it was a repeated viwing for me. NT was class. There have been numerous films where he had given a restrained performance but with a powerpacked effect. Deivappiravi was one among them.

Regards

years back I've seen it in Mekala theatre. Was eagerly waiting to watch it again after a long time.. bad luck !!!

rangan_08
17th July 2008, 04:40 PM
"திருவையாறு தொகுதியின் முன்னாள் சட்டமன்ற உறுப்பினர் என்ற வகையில் கழகம் எனக்கு மீண்டும் திருவையாறு வேட்பாளராக நிறுத்தியது. என்னை எதிர்த்து திரு. சிவாஜி கணேசன் நிற்கிறார் என்றதும் நான் சற்று தயங்கினேன். அச்சப்பட்டேன். அவருக்கு தஞ்சைமாவட்டத்தில் பெரிய ரசிகர் வட்டாரம் இருக்கிறது. தங்கள் தலைவருக்காக அவர்கள் வந்து உழைப்பார்கள். ஆகவே எனது வெற்றி சற்று கேள்விக்குறியாக எண்ணினேன். ஆனால் அவருடைய அரசியல் நடவடிக்கைகளையும் தேர்தல் அணுகுமுறைகளையும் பார்த்தபோது எனக்கே அவர்மீது மரியாதையும் மதிப்பும் ஏற்பட்டது. மிகவும் ஜெண்டிலாக பாலிடிக்ஸ் பண்ணினார். தான் வெற்றி பெற வேண்டும் என்பதற்காக எந்த தகிடுதத்த வேலையையும் அவர் செய்யவில்லை. அப்படிச் செய்ய முற்பட்ட தன் கட்சியைச்செர்ந்த சிலரையும் அவர் தடுத்துள்ளார். நான் வெற்றிபெற்ற செய்தி அறிவிக்கப்பட்டதும், எனது வெற்றிக்காக மகிழ்ச்சியடைந்த அதே வேளையில், அவரது தோல்வி என் மனதின் ஒரு மூலையில் சோகத்தையும் தந்தது. அந்த தேர்தலில் நான் வேட்பாளராக நிறுத்தப்படாமல் இருந்திருந்தால், அவருக்காக கொடிபிடித்துப் பிரச்சாரம் செய்திருப்பேன். அந்த அளவுக்கு அவரது அரசியல் கண்ணியம் என்னைக்கவர்ந்தது".

('சிவாஜியை எதிர்த்து நின்று வெற்றி பெற்ற உங்கள் அனுபவம்?' என்ற கேள்விக்கு, திரு துரை சந்திரசேகரனின் பதில் - மாலை முரசு நாளிதழ்)

:notworthy: :clap:

RAGHAVENDRA
17th July 2008, 08:40 PM
Raghavendra Sir,

Here is the Result..

சகோதரி சாரதா அவர்களுக்கு பாராட்டுக்கள். யார் அரசியலுக்கு வரவேண்டும், யார் வரக்கூடாது என்பதற்கு இதை விட விளக்கம் தேவைப்படாது என்று நினைக்கிறேன். வரவேண்டியவர்கள் நிராகரிக்கப்படுவதால்தான் வரத்தகுதியில்லாதவர்களால் கோலோச்ச முடிகிறது.
ராகவேந்திரன்.

rangan_08
18th July 2008, 09:48 AM
Today's THE HINDU

A tribute to NT on the occasion of his death anniversary on July 21.

The impact of Navarathiri - enduring charm

http://www.hindu.com/fr/2008/07/18/stories/2008071851160400.htm

Murali Srinivas
18th July 2008, 10:58 PM
வரும் வாரம் புதன்கிழமை இரவு 10.30 மணிக்கு சன் தொலைக்காட்சியில் புதையல் திரைப்படம் ஒளிப்பரப்பாகிறது.

அன்புடன்

PS: Mohan, good that you posted the article from Hindu here. It made a nice reading.

Srimannarayanan
20th July 2008, 12:38 PM
Murali Sir

You can get the Irumbu Thirai , Motor Sundaram Pillai DVD's in Pondicherry. :D

Murali Srinivas
20th July 2008, 08:48 PM
Sriman, thanks for the info. One doubt. Is it company made or pirated DVD?

Yesterday's Marakka Mudiyumaa had sequences from Bapu, Vietnam Veedu, Gowravam, Neethyin Nizhal, Deiva Magan, Paasa Malar, Paalum Pazhamum etc.

Ramkumar, Prabhu, Muktha Srinivasan, P.Vasu, Arrordoss spoke about NT. It was well made. It is continuing next week also.

Regards

mohanraman
20th July 2008, 11:03 PM
I do not know if many you saw the other video i had posted...SPB narrating an incident about MSV/Kannadasan/NT etc....and singing/humming neerodum vaigayile ..it was really nice, please check that out too and leave your comments.....both Blog and youtube....
There is no provision here to feed videos etc in the forum and hence I am forced to trouble all of you to go here and there...Sorry for that...I would also appreciate if you can inform the other forum members of these videos on cinema related topics etc...The you tube details are
SPB sings a rafi number
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYiJg_ugGv0

SPB on MSV and kannadasan/TMS/NT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiT-X33VZ0k

SPB - sings Ilamaienum poongaatru
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW0SHBHWJEc

My blog is http://mohanramanmuses.blogspot.com/

RAGHAVENDRA
21st July 2008, 06:24 AM
Dear friends,
Today 21.07.2008 is an unforgettable day for us. This day in 2001 was a very sad day. On the evening the Sun permanently Set in Tamil cinema. It did not dawn thereafter. It was queue and queue all over. Chevalier Sivaji Ganesan Road (thanks to JJ), was jam packed with vehicles and humans. The queue was quite a long one starting from Annai Illam, going to Theagaraya Road, turning at Canal Bank Road, again going long and turning, again going to Theagaraya Road, CSG Road, like that it was three or four rounds. Those stood in the queue at 8.00 p.m. came out after 12.30 p.m. All for a last glimpse of their heart lying there. And none of them could control his/ her tears. It was tears all over. No body would control himself/ herself. And the next Monday morning, it was another scene. Sea of humanity filled Chennai Roads. The man who was till his last breath, a true follower of Kamaraj, a man of discipline, had his huge followers, following him - with complete control and discipline. They did not touch even a small pin to say in grammatical words - The only sound was their weaping sound and somebody bursting in emotion. The traffic was diverted, still none cared. They too participated in mourning. It was for the first time and last time that traffic diversion was not cursed, for each and every soul preyed the almighty for the soul of NT to rest in peace.
And now it is 7 years. As a line would come in Uyarnda Manidan (19 years after) - 7 years after - nothing has changed except one thing NT is physically not with us. As I write this I could not control my emotions. Though he is not physically with us, he leaves with every one of us. With his company in our heart and soul we shall reach great heights.
Raghavendran.

joe
21st July 2008, 06:41 AM
நடிகர் திலகமே!
இன்று நீ உடலால் மறைந்தாய்
என்றும் எங்கள் நெஞ்சத்தில் உறைந்தாய்!

Murali Srinivas
21st July 2008, 09:00 AM
காலங்கள் கடந்தாலும்

வருடங்கள் விரைந்தாலும்

எங்கள் இதய சிம்மாசனத்தில் என்றென்றும் அமர்ந்திருக்கும்

கலை குரிசிலுக்கு பணிவான நினைவு நாள் அஞ்சலி

அன்புடன்

rangan_08
21st July 2008, 10:36 AM
[tscii:199d4b8a2a]I offer my humble homage to the great thespian on his 7th year death anniversary. It’s really hard to believe that 7 years have gone by.

Though he is not among us physically, he will always be there in our memories & hearts as the great Barrister Rajnikanth / Kannan, “Chinnadurai” Anand, Shankar/Kannan/Vijay, Rangan, DSP Choudhary, Rajapart Rangadurai, Sikkalaar, Babu, Navarasa Vendhan, Raja, Antony, Rajan, Gopal, Manoharan, Parthiban/Vikraman, Pandiyan/Marudhu/Shankar, Mookayya Servai, Lord Eshwara, Appar, Sundarar, Veerabaghu,……and the list goes on and on.

My sincere request to the elders is that, please pass on NT’s greatness & his achievements to the present generation, whenever possible.

Another awkward act which I seriously condemn is the way NT is being mocked in TV comedy shows & films ( a present day comedian always keeps this as his part-time job and he does it again in his recent film also). I’m not against criticism. Of course, in this democratic country everybody has got the right to criticise anybody – you can criticise even the Supreme Court Judge, your teacher, your parents etc., but the thing is , they should have committed something which is against the law or against humanity. Then we can, by all means criticise or condemn them, no matter whatever high post they hold.

NT is a person who has achieved great heights and of whom we should all be proud of. And to mock such a great man just for the sake of cheap comedy – should be stopped immediately. I don’t think that the people of Karnataka will ever indulge in any such acts that degrades Dr. Rajkumar, will they ??? That is the amount of respect and reverence they have for their actor whom they consider as their treasure. Then why is it so here ????
[/tscii:199d4b8a2a]

Shakthiprabha.
21st July 2008, 11:29 AM
Today is an unforgettable day!

I usually go to temple everyday, and today I offered flowers to god, on behalf of dear NT.

I have simply NO WORDS to express my love for him. It can be simply put that, he is a part of my fond childhood memories, a part of me.

With all our prayers and goodwishes, I am sure he would find bliss and peace wherever he is!

Dear NT,

We always will love you!

saradhaa_sn
21st July 2008, 12:36 PM
[tscii:ad1ec83610]கலையுலகின் கறுப்பு நாள்.......

அந்த 2001 ஜூலை 21 என்ற கறுப்புநாள் வராமலே போயிருக்கக் கூடாதா?. அதிகம் நடிப்பதில்லை என்றாலும் எங்களோடு இருக்கின்றாய் அதுபோதும் என்று எண்ணியிருந்த எங்கள் எண்ணத்தில் மண் விழுந்த அந்த நாள். மீண்டும் மீண்டும் வந்து எங்கள் உள்ளங்களை வாட்டுவது ஏனோ?. எங்கள் உள்ளங்களில் ஒட்டிக்கொண்ட உன் நினைவுகள் இருக்கின்றனவா என்று சோதிப்பதற்கா?. உன்னை நினைக்கும்போதெல்லாம் எத்தனை எண்ணங்கள், இனிய நினைவுகள். ஒன்றா.. இரண்டா..?.

'ரக்ஷா பந்தன்' கொண்டாடும் பழக்கமில்லாதவர்கள் நாம். இருப்பினும் இதை சாக்காக வைத்து உன்னைக்காண வேண்டும் என்பதற்காக, ‘ரக்ஷாபந்தன்’ தினத்தன்று ஒரு பெரிய ‘ராக்கி’யை எடுத்துக்கொண்டு உன்னிடம் ஓடி வந்தேன், நான் மட்டும்தான் கட்டப்போகிறேன் என்ற எண்ணத்தில். ஆனால் எனக்கு முன்பே பல வடநாட்டுப்பெண்கள் உன் இல்லத்தின் முன் ராக்கியோடு நிற்பதைப்பார்த்து அதிசயித்தேன். உன்னை அண்ணா என்று உரிமை கொண்டாட எத்தனை தங்கைகள்..!!. ராக்கி கட்டியவர்களுக்கெல்லாம், பக்கத்தில் நின்ற உதவியாளரிடம் பணம் பெற்று கொடுத்துக் கொண்டிருந்தாய்.

என்முறை வந்தது. “என்னம்மா, நல்லாயிருக்கியா?” என்று சிரித்துக்கொண்டே வலது கையை நீட்டினாய். பதட்டத்தில் எனக்கு முடிச்சுப்போட வரவில்லை. என் கணவர்தான் உதவினார். என் பதட்டத்தை நீ ரசித்துச் சிரித்தாய். மெய்மறந்து நின்றேன். உதவியாளர் தர அந்த நூறு ரூபாய் நோட்டைத் என்னிடம் நீட்டினாய். “அண்ணா, நீங்கள் த்ரும் இந்த நூறு ரூபாய் எனக்கு கோடிக்கு சமம். எப்படியும் இதை நான் செலவழிக்கப் போவதில்லை. அதனால் உங்கள் கையெழுத்துப்போட்டு தந்து விடுங்கள்” என்று நான் கேட்க, அதை உதவியாளரிடம் கொடுத்துவிட்டு, இன்னொரு புத்தம்புது நூறு ரூபாய் நோட்டை வாங்கி உன் கையெழுத்திட்டு தந்தாய். இன்றைக்கும் என்வீட்டு வரவேற்பறையில் எவர்சில்வர் பிரேமிட்ட கண்ணாடிபேழையில் நீ கையொப்பமிட்ட 'அந்த கோடி ரூபாய்' ஜொலிக்கிறது.

2001 ஜூலை 21-க்கு முன் வரை அதைப்பார்க்கும்போதெல்லாம் பெருமிதம் பொங்கும், இப்போதோ பார்க்கும்போதே கண்களில் நீர் கோர்க்கிறது. எத்தனை நினைவுகள் இதுபோல..!!!!.

உன்னை இழந்துவிட்டு ஓராயிரம் ஆண்டா வாழ்ந்துவிடப்போகிறோம்?. இதோ வந்துகொண்டே இருக்கிறோம்.

அதுவரை உன் நினைவுகள் எங்களோடு.....
கண்ணீருடன், தங்கை சாரதா.
[/tscii:ad1ec83610]

joe
21st July 2008, 02:53 PM
வாழுகின்றான் இன்றும்

மறைந்து விட்டான் மா கலைஞன் என்று இந்த
மனிதர்களும் புலம்புகின்றார் புரியாராகி
நிறைந்து விட்டான் நற்றமிழர் நெஞ்சிலெல்லாம்
நீங்காத புகழ் கொண்ட மேலவனாய்
சிறந்து நிற்பான் என்றென்றும் தமிழர் நெஞ்சில்
சிவனாகிச் சிவாஜியாய் எங்கள் அண்ணன
கலந்து விட்டான் அறிஞர்களின நெஞ்சில் எல்லாம்
கலையுலகத் தலைமகனாய் வாழுகின்றான்

- நெல்லை கண்ணன்

http://thamizhkadal.blogspot.com/2008/07/blog-post_3286.html

sankara1970
21st July 2008, 02:59 PM
கலை தாயின் thavapudalvan சிவாஜி நினைவு நாள்
Thalaiva நீ ஏற்படுத்திய தாக்கம் எங்கள் manathil yendrum irukkum.

வாழ்க சிவாஜி

groucho070
21st July 2008, 04:43 PM
21st July. What a date that we are forced to remember. The day, one of the greatest actors in the world was snatched from us away to whicever world he is now. But he is here, with us, in form of memories, words, the films he left behind and most importantly, the endlless tributes in all forms of media by fans and acting peers alike. Even the age of Internet has not let him go. We will not let him go. Vazhga NT pugazh.

joe
21st July 2008, 05:07 PM
http://tvmalaionline.blogspot.com/2008/07/blog-post_4919.html

joe
21st July 2008, 05:16 PM
Murali sir,
Deiva Magan dubbed in telugu ? :o ..kaathal malar kootam ontru ..TMS sings in telugu :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NApkC58NOJ4

Murali Srinivas
21st July 2008, 06:13 PM
Yeah, Joe. In fact I have seen the same (though not fully). What made me feel bad is somebody else had dubbed for NT. I have even mentioned it here and abkhlabhi had replied for the same.

Regards

Shakthiprabha.
21st July 2008, 06:59 PM
Today they had telecasted

"PADIKKAATHA METHAI" in kalaignar tv.

"அவன் குழந்தையைப் போல் அழுதான்" என்ற வரிக்கு அர்த்தம் புரிந்தாற்போல், வளர்ப்புத் தந்தையிடம் விடை பெறும் போது குமுறி அழும் நடிகர் திலகம்!

தன்னையும் மீறி கண்ணீர் பெறுகும் நம் கண்கள்!

joe
21st July 2008, 10:29 PM
http://www.maalaimalar.com/asp/news/dis_news_article.asp?artid=278257

joe
21st July 2008, 10:36 PM
http://tm.dinakaran.co.in/2172008/TM_21-07-08_E1_03-09%20CNI.jpg

rangan_08
22nd July 2008, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the posts Joe.

sp, pad.medhai is packed with excellent scenes - one among them is, after telling NT & SJ to leave the house, Rangarao will meet them on the road. He advises SJ and tells about how innocent rangan is. All the while NT will be showing his back to them. Now RR will come and touch NT and try to pacify him...." ellam un nalladhukkuthanda senjen..." etc., Suddenly NT will turn towards RR with a loud outburst and falls at RR'ss feet.

" Pullarikudhu" endra varthaikaana arthathai indha kaatchiyai parthapin unaralam.

tamizharasan
22nd July 2008, 09:51 AM
One question to nadigar thilagam fans.

Who was nadigar thilagam's favorite actor? if there was any

RAGHAVENDRA
22nd July 2008, 09:59 AM

Dear Tamizharasan,
NT fans will not know who is his favourite actor, because there is no such one. And because NT loved each and every actor and each and every method of acting. He absorbed the nuances for every fellow actor, he observed every one of them. Though his part would be over, he will remain in the studio, observe the acting of others, take what he wants, advise them where they needed, and that's why he is actor of actors and his birth day is marked as the day for the actors.
Raghavendran.

rangan_08
22nd July 2008, 03:22 PM
UK Murali orchestra presents Nadigar Thilagam Sivaji Ganesanin ninaivalaigal " NENJIRUKKUM VARAI ", music program on 27/07/08 - Sunday, 6.45 pm @ Kamaraj Arangam.

joe
24th July 2008, 07:29 AM
In Reminiscence Of The King Of Acting - Gallery and Video
[Tuesday, July 22, 2008]
It is seven years since Chevalier Sivaji Ganesan, arguably the finest actor India has ever produced passed away. An event was organized in memory of the legendary actor at the P. T. Thyagarayar Arangam in Chennai by the All India Sivaji Mandram on the 21st of July.

A light music orchestra was arranged and the event was spiced up with legendary Sivaji film songs.

The president and general secretary of the All India Sivaji Mandram, K.V.P. Boominathan and C.S. Kumar respectively took part in the event.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/events/15807.html

groucho070
24th July 2008, 01:18 PM

Also known fact that he watches great many Hollywood flicks. I myself recall an interview where he talked about Charles Boyer and the film Gaslight, an awesome noir film. Of course he added, "intha kaala pillai-nggalukku athu ellam theriyathu".

Srimannarayanan
24th July 2008, 01:44 PM
Sriman, thanks for the info. One doubt. Is it company made or pirated DVD?

Yesterday's Marakka Mudiyumaa had sequences from Bapu, Vietnam Veedu, Gowravam, Neethyin Nizhal, Deiva Magan, Paasa Malar, Paalum Pazhamum etc.

Ramkumar, Prabhu, Muktha Srinivasan, P.Vasu, Arrordoss spoke about NT. It was well made. It is continuing next week also.

Regards

Murali Sir

It is pirated. But Print is good. :)

P_R
24th July 2008, 02:05 PM

Also known fact that he watches great many Hollywood flicks. I myself recall an interview where he talked about Charles Boyer and the film Gaslight, an awesome noir film. Of course he added, "intha kaala pillai-nggalukku athu ellam theriyathu".

Ah that's the name I was looking for. I have seen this interview (someone was kind enough to post the link in this thread actually) where Sivaji and Kamal are having this conversation (right ?).

He mentions some other actors too in that interview. Do you remember ?

groucho070
24th July 2008, 03:08 PM
Oh no. This interview could have been somewhere in late nineties and in Malaysia.

It was the same interview where when talking about MGR, him and politics, he said MGR made it, and, in English, "But I missed the bus".

joe
24th July 2008, 03:18 PM
Oh no. This interview could have been somewhere in late nineties and in Malaysia.

It was the same interview where when talking about MGR, him and politics, he said MGR made it, and, in English, "But I missed the bus".
http://tamilmagan.blogspot.com/2006/08/i-missed-bus-sivaji-ganesan.html
http://chennaionline.com/interviews/sivaji1.asp

groucho070
24th July 2008, 03:55 PM

http://tamilmagan.blogspot.com/2006/08/i-missed-bus-sivaji-ganesan.html
http://chennaionline.com/interviews/sivaji1.asp

Thanks bro. Can count on you for website search.

sarna_blr
24th July 2008, 03:59 PM
[tscii:f4aac78814]What is the toughest role for an actor to play - comedy, character-role or the villain?

Comedy. Creativity is at its best when one plays the comedian. The present trend is that if one bends his brows cruelly and laughs loudly, he is a villain. If he is handsome, and is able to dance and throws a few punches on the villain and his team, that person is called a hero. But comedy cannot be that simple. I can play a comedian’s role very well. But who is prepared to give it to me! (Voice turns jovial and jocular) And if I play that role, what happens to dialogue delivery, exploding in emotions and all? What use there is to the glycerine in stock! You see, I am the only one available for them to make use of it all! (Laughs heartily.)[/tscii:f4aac78814]

pls someone translate the bolded lines in Tamizh :)

joe
25th July 2008, 08:38 AM
MohanRam Sir writes on AVM honoured NT
http://mohanramanmuses.blogspot.com/2008/07/avm.html

Murali Srinivas
26th July 2008, 11:19 AM
வரும் திங்கள் இரவு 10.30 மணிக்கு சன் தொலைக்காட்சியில் அன்னையின் ஆணை ஒளிப்பரப்பாகிறது. நடிகர் திலகம் நடிகையர் திலகம் இணைந்து நடித்த படம். நடிகர் திலகத்தின் வில்லத்தனம் கலந்த பழி வாங்கும் கதாபாத்திரம். படத்தில் வரும் சாம்ராட் அசோகன் நாடகம் (அதில் ஒரு புருவத்தை மட்டும் உயர்த்தி உணர்ச்சியை வெளிப்படுத்தும் பாங்கு). ரங்காராவின் பண்பட்ட நடிப்பு. ஸ்டைல் சக்கரவர்த்தி நான்தான் என உறுதிப்படுத்தும் கனவின் மாயாலோகத்திலே பாடல். தவற விடாமல் பார்க்க வேண்டிய படம்.

அன்புடன்

mohanraman
26th July 2008, 09:30 PM
Hello friends,
I have posted the first part of an interview by NT given for AVM's Endrum Cinema.The interview was done by actress meena and this was recently telecast in Kalaignar TV...(really admirable friendship they had...I mean MK and NT). I understand many did not see it, many overseas could not, it is for your benefit that I have uploaded this. Part 1 is the first 10 minutes of it....Parts 2,3 and 4 of this will follow....It might be useful if you subscribe to my videos to enable you know when it is posted, I too shall try to post the information here.
The youtube link is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xI0k7UFHVE

m_23_bayarea
26th July 2008, 10:01 PM
Hello friends,
I have posted the first part of an interview by NT given for AVM's Endrum Cinema.The interview was done by actress meena and this was recently telecast in Kalaignar TV...(really admirable friendship they had...I mean MK and NT). I understand many did not see it, many overseas could not, it is for your benefit that I have uploaded this. Part 1 is the first 10 minutes of it....Parts 2,3 and 4 of this will follow....It might be useful if you subscribe to my videos to enable you know when it is posted, I too shall try to post the information here.
The youtube link is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xI0k7UFHVE

Sivaji says,"Hmmm, Kelu Kelu... Unakku evalavu thooram kekka mudiyumo, avalavu kelu"

In his typical style... 8-) 8-) 8-)

:ty:

Murali Srinivas
26th July 2008, 10:49 PM
Thanks Mohanraman Sir. Many overseas non - residents would be very happy to view and listen to this. Hope you would be able to upload the entire 4 week programme.

Today was the last part of Marakka Mudiyumaa. YG Mahendra, VC Guhanathan, Aroordas, TMS, PBS, B.Kannan, AVM Saravanan, Muktha Srinivasan, Kalaignanam, P.N.Sundaram, VV Sundaram and Prabhu talked about various facets of NT.

There were clippings from Pennin Perumai, Naan Sollum Ragasiyam, Annaiyin Aanai, Ambigaapathy, Aandavan Kattalai, Thiruvilayaadal, Rajapart Rangadurai, Thunai, Uthhama Puthiran, Kattabomman, Anbai Thedi and Paasa Malar. It was a nice programme.

When it ended, the thought that it would not be there next week made me feel sad.

Regards

RAGHAVENDRA
26th July 2008, 10:54 PM
Dear Mohanraman Sir,
Thank you very much for the kind provision of link. This will very much benefit who had missed the programme on Kalaignar TV. I have included the links for the blog as well as this video in our website, www.nadigarthilagam.com. Awaiting for more parts.
Dear Murali Sir,
I heard that the programme has received a wide reception and there is a demand for continuation and there may be telecasts for few more weeks, at least for next week it is continuing, that's for sure. So we can expect more next week.
Raghavendran.

joe
26th July 2008, 10:56 PM
Wow :D :D :D :D :D Mohanram sir,
Thanks for the treasure :thumbsup:

Koodanu koodi NanrigaL.

Awaiting for rest of the parts :D

Murali Srinivas
26th July 2008, 11:06 PM
Dear Murali Sir,
I heard that the programme has received a wide reception and there is a demand for continuation and there may be telecasts for few more weeks, at least for next week it is continuing, that's for sure. So we can expect more next week.
Raghavendran.

Raghavendar Sir,

Last 3 weeks, they were putting up the title card "Aduthha Vaaram Thodarum" , but today there was no such card and they ended it just like they would do at the end of the last episode. If it is getting extended, nothing like that. Let us wait and see.

Regards

saradhaa_sn
27th July 2008, 11:44 AM
டியர் மோகன்ராம் சார்,

கலைஞர் தொலைக்காட்சியை எட்டமுடியாத வெளிநாடு வாழ் தமிழருக்கும், எட்டமுடிந்தும் தவற விட்டவர்களுக்கும் நீங்கள் செய்துள்ள பேருதவிக்கு அனைவர் சார்பிலும் நன்றிகள்.

டியர் முரளி,

நேற்று நிகழ்ச்சி முடிந்தபோது நானும் சோகம் அடைந்தேன். எத்தனை அருமையான நிகழ்ச்சி. அதிலும் நடிகர்திலகத்துக்கு அத்திபூத்தாற்போல் பாடிய பி.பி.ஸ்ரீநிவாஸ் போன்றவர்களெல்லாம் பேசியது மிக அருமை.

மீண்டும் தொடரப்போவதாக நண்பர் ராகவேந்தர் சொல்லி, நம் நம்பிக்கையை துளிர்விடச்செய்துள்ளார்.

டியர் ராகவேந்தர்,

இந்த இனைப்பையும் நடிகர்திலகத்தின் இணையதளத்தில் சேர்த்தமைக்கு நன்றி, நடிகர்திலகத்தை பற்றிய எந்த ஒரு விஷயம் கிடைத்தாலும் அதை (நீங்கள் உருவாக்கிய) அவரது இணையதளத்தில் இடம்பெறச்செய்வதன்மூலம், அந்த இணையதளத்துக்குச் சென்றால் அவரைப்பற்றிய அனைத்து விவரங்களையும் பெறலாம் என்ற நிலையை உருவாக்கி வருகிறீர்கள். உங்கள் சீரிய சேவைக்கு 'நன்றி' என்பதெல்லாம் ரொம்ப சின்ன வார்த்தை.

டியர் ஜோ,
உங்கள் உற்சாகத்தை என்னால் உணர முடிகிறது.

senthildasan
27th July 2008, 02:10 PM
Hello
I love watching movies acted by NT and any tamil movie which has a reasonable and enchanting story. (which only old movies mainly seem to satisfy nowadays)

I was born in AFRICA and currently reside in Australia hence I really find this forum very informative and enjoyable. So thank you all for that.

A quick question
Is there a place in TAmil nadu which actually houses all the reels of old movies, are they all well preserved or are they fading away.
Any old movie i seem to purchase has a lot of scenes cut and precious songs removed.

For example, i bought Ethirparathathu ,and could not find Thirumuruga by Nagaiah and Jegam Ezhum by Radha Jeyalakshmi
Then i bought lakshmi kalyanam and that too ended 3 quarter way

RAGHAVENDRA
27th July 2008, 06:42 PM
டியர் மோகன்ராம் சார்,

கலைஞர் தொலைக்காட்சியை எட்டமுடியாத வெளிநாடு வாழ் தமிழருக்கும், எட்டமுடிந்தும் தவற விட்டவர்களுக்கும் நீங்கள் செய்துள்ள பேருதவிக்கு அனைவர் சார்பிலும் நன்றிகள்.

டியர் முரளி,

நேற்று நிகழ்ச்சி முடிந்தபோது நானும் சோகம் அடைந்தேன். எத்தனை அருமையான நிகழ்ச்சி. அதிலும் நடிகர்திலகத்துக்கு அத்திபூத்தாற்போல் பாடிய பி.பி.ஸ்ரீநிவாஸ் போன்றவர்களெல்லாம் பேசியது மிக அருமை.

மீண்டும் தொடரப்போவதாக நண்பர் ராகவேந்தர் சொல்லி, நம் நம்பிக்கையை துளிர்விடச்செய்துள்ளார்.

டியர் ராகவேந்தர்,

இந்த இனைப்பையும் நடிகர்திலகத்தின் இணையதளத்தில் சேர்த்தமைக்கு நன்றி, நடிகர்திலகத்தை பற்றிய எந்த ஒரு விஷயம் கிடைத்தாலும் அதை (நீங்கள் உருவாக்கிய) அவரது இணையதளத்தில் இடம்பெறச்செய்வதன்மூலம், அந்த இணையதளத்துக்குச் சென்றால் அவரைப்பற்றிய அனைத்து விவரங்களையும் பெறலாம் என்ற நிலையை உருவாக்கி வருகிறீர்கள். உங்கள் சீரிய சேவைக்கு 'நன்றி' என்பதெல்லாம் ரொம்ப சின்ன வார்த்தை.

டியர் ஜோ,
உங்கள் உற்சாகத்தை என்னால் உணர முடிகிறது.சகோதரி சாரதா அவர்களுக்கு,
தஙளுடைய புகழுரைகளுக்கு உரிய அருகதை எனக்கு இருக்கிறதா என்பது எனக்கு தெரியவில்லை. தஙளுடைய மனமார்ந்த பாராட்டுக்களுக்கு என்னுடைய பணிவான நன்றிகள். நடிகர் திலகத்தின் ரசிகர்களுக்கு ஒரு இணைப்புப் பாலமாகவும், எதிர்கால தலைமுறையினருக்கு அவரைப்பற்றிய சிறப்புகள் சென்றடையவேண்டும் என்பதும் நம்முடைய இணைய தளத்தின் முக்கிய காரணஙள். மேலும் இவ்விணைய தளத்தின் சிறப்புகள் எல்லாம் தஙளைப்பொன்றவர்களின் ஊக்கத்தினால் பெற்றவையாகுமேயன்றி, இதில் என் தனிப்பட்ட பங்கு என்று எதுவும் இல்லை. இதில் ஏதேனும் குறைகள் இருப்பின் அவற்றிற்கு நான் தான் பொறுப்பெற்கவேண்டும். எனவே இது நம் அனைவருடைய தளம் என்பதே உண்மை.
எனக்கு கிடைத்த தகவலின் படி மேலும் ஓரிரு வாரங்கள் தொடரலாம் என்று அறிகிறேன். இருந்தாலும் அடுத்த சனிக்கிழமை வரை பொறுத்திருப்போம்.
ராகவேந்திரன்.

Murali Srinivas
27th July 2008, 11:47 PM
அண்மையில் திரைப்பட உலகை சேர்ந்த ஒருவரிடம் உரையாடிக் கொண்டிருந்த போது ஒரு கதையும் அதன் திரைக்கதை வடிவமும் பற்றி அறிய நேர்ந்தது.

ஒரு கிராமம். அங்கே அன்றைய தமிழக சூழ்நிலைப்படி வாழ்கை முறை அமைந்திருக்கிறது. ஒரு நாள் ஒரு வயதான தாயும் அவளது மகனும் (சிறுவன்) அந்த கிராமத்தில் நுழைகிறார்கள். நோய்வாய்ப்பட்டிருக்கும் அந்த தாய் ஒரு அக்ரஹார தெருவில் விழுந்து இறந்து விடுகிறாள். கிராமத்தினர் அனைவரும் செய்வதறியாது திகைக்கின்றனர். சமூக கட்டுப்பாடுகள் நிறைந்த அந்த ஊரில் இந்த அனாதைகளை என்ன செய்வது என்று தெரியவில்லை. எல்லோரும் கூடி அந்த பையனையே தான் தாயின் பிணத்தை தூக்க வைத்து அடக்கம் செய்ய வைக்கிறார்கள். யாருமில்லாத அந்த சிறுவன் அந்த ஊரிலேயே தங்குகிறான். அவனது வேலையே ஊரில் எந்த வீட்டில் இறப்பு நேர்ந்தாலும் சரி, அந்த பிணத்தை தூக்குவது அவன்தான் என்றாகி போகிறது. ஊரில் அவன் பெயரே பொணம்தூக்கி. நிறைய பேருக்கு அவன் பெயரே தெரியாது. அப்படியே வளர்ந்து பெரியவனகிறான்.

அந்த ஊரில் ஒரு பெண் மட்டும் பள்ளிப்படிப்பை முடித்து விட்டு சென்னைக்கு கல்லூரிக்கு படிக்க செல்கிறாள். படிப்பை முடித்து பட்டதாரியாக திரும்புகிறாள். அவளுக்கு தந்தை மற்றும் ஒரு தம்பி மட்டுமே. தந்தை திடீரென்று இறந்து விட அவள் குடும்ப பொறுப்பை ஏற்க வேண்டிய சூழ்நிலை. கிராமத்தில் இரண்டு பெரிய மனிதர்கள் ஊரில் உள்ள நிலங்களை வளைத்து போட முயற்சிக்கின்றனர். அவர்களின் நிலத்திற்கு நடுவில் அந்த பெண்ணின் தந்தையார் பெயரில் இருக்கும் நிலமும் இருக்கிறது. அதை அபகரிக்கும் சதி வேலையை அவள் எதிர்க்கிறாள்.

ஊரில் எல்லோருக்கும் உதவுவது போல் இந்த பெண்ணிற்கும் பொணம் தூக்கி உதவி செய்கிறான். ஒரு கட்டத்தில் இந்த இருவரையும் இணைத்து பெரிய மனிதர்கள் அவதூறு பரப்ப, அது பெரிய சர்ச்சையாகிறது. அந்நேரம் அந்த பெண் ஒரு துணிவான முடிவெடுக்கிறாள். அந்த பொணம் தூக்கியை திருமணம் செய்து கொள்ள அவள் எடுக்கும் அந்த முடிவை அவன் முதலில் ஏற்க மறுக்கிறான். பின் அவளது வற்புறுத்தலின் பேரில் ஒப்புக்கொள்கிறான்.

முதலிரவன்று திடீரென்று சங்கு ஊதப்பட, ஆமாம் ஒரு இறப்பு நடந்திருக்கிறது. உடனே நாயகன் தான் கடமையை செய்ய அதாவது பொணம் தூக்க கிளம்பி போக வேண்டிய சூழ்நிலை. இதனிடையே அக்கா ஒரு பொணம் தூக்கியை திருமணம் செய்து கொண்டதில் விருப்பமில்லாத தம்பியை இரண்டு பெரிய மனிதர்களும் தங்கள் பக்கம் இழுத்து அவன் மூலமாக சொத்து தகராறு ஏற்படுத்தி நிலத்தை கைப்பற்ற சதி செய்கிறார்கள். எப்படி இந்த சிக்கலெல்லாம் தீர்க்கப்படுகிறது என்பது (இதை தவிரவும் சில சிக்கல்கள் ஏற்படுகின்றன) மீதி கதை.

இதை கேட்டவுடன், குறிப்பாக இந்த கதாபாத்திரங்களாக திரையில் தோன்றுவதாக இருந்தவர்கள் யார் யார் என்று அறிந்த போது, யார் இயக்கம் என்று தெரிந்த போது ஆஹா! இது நடக்காமல் போய் விட்டதே என்று மிகுந்த வருத்தம் ஏற்பட்டது.

ஆம் நண்பர்களே! இந்த பொணம் தூக்கியாக நடித்தவர் நமது நடிகர் திலகம். நாயகி நடிகையர் திலகம். புத்தா பிக்சர்ஸ் சார்பாக தயாரித்து இயக்கியவர் பீம்சிங். பட்டதாரி என்ற பெயரில் தொடங்கப்பட்ட இந்த படம் 4000 அடிகள் வரை வளர்ந்தது. பெரிய மனிதர்களாக வேடம் ஏற்றவர்கள் எம்.ஆர்.ராதா மற்றும் டி.எஸ்.பாலையா. நாயகியின் தம்பியாக நடித்தவர் கமல். இசை மெல்லிசை மன்னர்கள். ஒரு பாடல் பதிவு செய்யப்பட்டு படமாக்கப்பட்டிருக்கிறது.

காம்பினேஷன் கால்ஷீட் காரணமாக இடையில் படப்பிடிப்பு தடைப்பட்ட இந்த படம் அதே காரணத்தினாலேயே கைவிடப்பட்டது. படம் வெளி வந்திருந்தால் இப்படியும் ஒரு பாத்திரத்தை நடிகர் திலகம் செய்திருக்கிறார் என இருந்திருக்கும்.

இந்த தகவலை பற்றி யோசிக்கும் போது வேறு ஒன்று மனதில் வந்தது. பதி பக்தி முதல் பாதுகாப்பு வரை பீம்சிங் - நடிகர் திலகம் கூட்டணியில், சாவித்திரி எத்தனையோ படங்களில் நடித்திருந்தாலும், நடிகர் திலகம் - நடிகையர் திலகம் ஜோடியாக நடித்ததே இல்லை. இந்த படம் வெளி வந்திருந்தால் அந்த குறையும் நீங்கியிருக்கும். இப்படி ஒரு புதுமையான கதாபாத்திரம் வெளி வராமல் போனது தமிழ் சினிமாவிற்கு இழப்பு.

அன்புடன்

PS: நன்றி லெனின் அவர்களே!

mohanraman
27th July 2008, 11:57 PM
Dear Friends,
I have been promised the actual show as telecast by kalaignar TV, so am putting these interviews on hold...will post the show or the interviews whichever in better after watching the material I have been promised....
Patience please....

selvakumar
28th July 2008, 10:03 AM
சனிக்கிழமை நிகழ்ச்சி முடியும்போதுதான் காண நேர்ந்தது. நான் பார்க்கும்போது 'பாச மலர்' பற்றி அனைவரும் பேசிக்கொண்டிருந்தனர்.

என்னதான் மற்றவர்கள் பேசியதைக்கேட்டாலும், 'மலர்ந்து மலராத' என்று வற்றாத ஜீவநதியாய் ஒலிக்கும் அந்த பாடலையும், இறுதிக்காட்சியில் அவரின் முகத்தைப் பார்த்து, நமது எவ்வித மனநிலையையும் தகர்த்தெறிந்து ஆட்கொள்ளும் சோகத்தை உணர்ந்தபிறகு, இதை மற்றவர்கள் 'அன்று அவர் நடித்தார்' என்று கூறினால் எப்படி நம்புவது ? :notworthy:

joe
28th July 2008, 10:07 AM
'மலர்ந்து மலராத' என்று வற்றாத ஜீவநதியாய் ஒலிக்கும் அந்த பாடலையும், இறுதிக்காட்சியில் அவரின் முகத்தைப் பார்த்து, நமது எவ்வித மனநிலையையும் தகர்த்தெறிந்து ஆட்கொள்ளும் சோகத்தை உணர்ந்தபிறகு, இதை மற்றவர்கள் 'அன்று அவர் நடித்தார்' என்று கூறினால் எப்படி நம்புவது ? :notworthy:
:notworthy: :D

rangan_08
28th July 2008, 11:08 AM
Dear Murali sir,

Thank you so much for providing us an absolutely new information about " Pattadhari " film. NT, as an undertaker - wow ! how nice it would have been had the film been completed. :( Really very unfortunate.

saradhaa_sn
28th July 2008, 12:40 PM
டியர் முரளி,

நடிகர்திலகம் - பீம்சிங் கூட்டில் உருவாக இருந்த 'பட்டதாரி' படத்தின் முழுக்கதையும் தந்துள்ளீர்கள். உண்மையில் நல்ல படம் கைவிடப்பட்டது வருத்தம்தான்.

சுமார் ஓராண்டுக்கு முன், வசனகர்த்தா 'ஆரூர்தாஸ்' ஒரு தொலைக்காட்சி நேர்காணலில் தான் வசனம் எழுதிய படங்களைப்பற்றிக் குறிப்பிட்டபோது, "சிவாஜி, சாவித்திரி, பீம்சிங் யூனிட்டில் நான் வசனம் எழுதிய 'பட்டதாரி' என்ற படம் துவங்கியதுமே கைவிடப்பட்டது. அதற்கான பல காரணங்களில் ஒன்று, ரசிகர்கள் சிவாஜி - சாவித்திரியை ஜோடியாக பார்க்க விருமபவில்லை. தங்கை, அண்ணி, நண்பனின் மனைவி, அல்லது உறவில்லாத யாரோ ஒரு பெண் என்ற ரீதியில்தான் பார்க்க விரும்பினார்கள். அந்த கருத்தை ஊர்ஜிதம் செய்வதுபோல அவர்கள் இருவரும் ஜோடியாக நடித்து அப்போது வெளியாகியிருந்த 'எல்லாம் உனக்காக' என்ற படம் தோல்வியைத்தழுவியது. பத்மினி அப்போது திருமணம் செய்துகொண்டு ஒதுங்கியிருந்த நேரம். அவர்கள் இருவரையும் தவிர வேறு யாரும் அந்த ரோலை செய்யமுடியாது என்று பீம்சிங் எண்ணினார். (என்ன ரோல் என்று ஆரூர்தாஸ் சொல்லவில்லை, இப்போது நீங்கள் சொல்லித்தான் தெரிகிறது, ரொம்ப ரிஸ்க்கான ரோல் என்று). அத்துடன் வேறு சில காரணங்களும் சேர்ந்துகொள்ள படம் கைவிடப்பட்டது" என்று சொல்லியிருந்தார்.

ஆனால் அந்தக் கதையைப் பற்றி அவர் எதுவும் சொல்லவில்லை. இப்போது நீங்கள் முழுக்கதையையும் தந்து வியப்பிலாழ்த்தி விட்டீர்கள்.

மிகவும் நன்றி.

RAGHAVENDRA
29th July 2008, 03:22 PM
அண்மையில் திரைப்பட உலகை சேர்ந்த ஒருவரிடம் உரையாடிக் கொண்டிருந்த போது ஒரு கதையும் அதன் திரைக்கதை வடிவமும் பற்றி அறிய நேர்ந்தது.

ஒரு கிராமம். அங்கே அன்றைய தமிழக சூழ்நிலைப்படி வாழ்கை முறை அமைந்திருக்கிறது. ஒரு நாள் ஒரு வயதான தாயும் அவளது மகனும் (சிறுவன்) அந்த கிராமத்தில் நுழைகிறார்கள். நோய்வாய்ப்பட்டிருக்கும் அந்த தாய் ஒரு அக்ரஹார தெருவில் விழுந்து இறந்து விடுகிறாள். கிராமத்தினர் அனைவரும் செய்வதறியாது திகைக்கின்றனர். சமூக கட்டுப்பாடுகள் நிறைந்த அந்த ஊரில் இந்த அனாதைகளை என்ன செய்வது என்று தெரியவில்லை. எல்லோரும் கூடி அந்த பையனையே தான் தாயின் பிணத்தை தூக்க வைத்து அடக்கம் செய்ய வைக்கிறார்கள். யாருமில்லாத அந்த சிறுவன் அந்த ஊரிலேயே தங்குகிறான். அவனது வேலையே ஊரில் எந்த வீட்டில் இறப்பு நேர்ந்தாலும் சரி, அந்த பிணத்தை தூக்குவது அவன்தான் என்றாகி போகிறது. ஊரில் அவன் பெயரே பொணம்தூக்கி. நிறைய பேருக்கு அவன் பெயரே தெரியாது. அப்படியே வளர்ந்து பெரியவனகிறான்.

அந்த ஊரில் ஒரு பெண் மட்டும் பள்ளிப்படிப்பை முடித்து விட்டு சென்னைக்கு கல்லூரிக்கு படிக்க செல்கிறாள். படிப்பை முடித்து பட்டதாரியாக திரும்புகிறாள். அவளுக்கு தந்தை மற்றும் ஒரு தம்பி மட்டுமே. தந்தை திடீரென்று இறந்து விட அவள் குடும்ப பொறுப்பை ஏற்க வேண்டிய சூழ்நிலை. கிராமத்தில் இரண்டு பெரிய மனிதர்கள் ஊரில் உள்ள நிலங்களை வளைத்து போட முயற்சிக்கின்றனர். அவர்களின் நிலத்திற்கு நடுவில் அந்த பெண்ணின் தந்தையார் பெயரில் இருக்கும் நிலமும் இருக்கிறது. அதை அபகரிக்கும் சதி வேலையை அவள் எதிர்க்கிறாள்.

ஊரில் எல்லோருக்கும் உதவுவது போல் இந்த பெண்ணிற்கும் பொணம் தூக்கி உதவி செய்கிறான். ஒரு கட்டத்தில் இந்த இருவரையும் இணைத்து பெரிய மனிதர்கள் அவதூறு பரப்ப, அது பெரிய சர்ச்சையாகிறது. அந்நேரம் அந்த பெண் ஒரு துணிவான முடிவெடுக்கிறாள். அந்த பொணம் தூக்கியை திருமணம் செய்து கொள்ள அவள் எடுக்கும் அந்த முடிவை அவன் முதலில் ஏற்க மறுக்கிறான். பின் அவளது வற்புறுத்தலின் பேரில் ஒப்புக்கொள்கிறான்.

முதலிரவன்று திடீரென்று சங்கு ஊதப்பட, ஆமாம் ஒரு இறப்பு நடந்திருக்கிறது. உடனே நாயகன் தான் கடமையை செய்ய அதாவது பொணம் தூக்க கிளம்பி போக வேண்டிய சூழ்நிலை. இதனிடையே அக்கா ஒரு பொணம் தூக்கியை திருமணம் செய்து கொண்டதில் விருப்பமில்லாத தம்பியை இரண்டு பெரிய மனிதர்களும் தங்கள் பக்கம் இழுத்து அவன் மூலமாக சொத்து தகராறு ஏற்படுத்தி நிலத்தை கைப்பற்ற சதி செய்கிறார்கள். எப்படி இந்த சிக்கலெல்லாம் தீர்க்கப்படுகிறது என்பது (இதை தவிரவும் சில சிக்கல்கள் ஏற்படுகின்றன) மீதி கதை.

இதை கேட்டவுடன், குறிப்பாக இந்த கதாபாத்திரங்களாக திரையில் தோன்றுவதாக இருந்தவர்கள் யார் யார் என்று அறிந்த போது, யார் இயக்கம் என்று தெரிந்த போது ஆஹா! இது நடக்காமல் போய் விட்டதே என்று மிகுந்த வருத்தம் ஏற்பட்டது.

ஆம் நண்பர்களே! இந்த பொணம் தூக்கியாக நடித்தவர் நமது நடிகர் திலகம். நாயகி நடிகையர் திலகம். புத்தா பிக்சர்ஸ் சார்பாக தயாரித்து இயக்கியவர் பீம்சிங். பட்டதாரி என்ற பெயரில் தொடங்கப்பட்ட இந்த படம் 4000 அடிகள் வரை வளர்ந்தது. பெரிய மனிதர்களாக வேடம் ஏற்றவர்கள் எம்.ஆர்.ராதா மற்றும் டி.எஸ்.பாலையா. நாயகியின் தம்பியாக நடித்தவர் கமல். இசை மெல்லிசை மன்னர்கள். ஒரு பாடல் பதிவு செய்யப்பட்டு படமாக்கப்பட்டிருக்கிறது.

காம்பினேஷன் கால்ஷீட் காரணமாக இடையில் படப்பிடிப்பு தடைப்பட்ட இந்த படம் அதே காரணத்தினாலேயே கைவிடப்பட்டது. படம் வெளி வந்திருந்தால் இப்படியும் ஒரு பாத்திரத்தை நடிகர் திலகம் செய்திருக்கிறார் என இருந்திருக்கும்.

இந்த தகவலை பற்றி யோசிக்கும் போது வேறு ஒன்று மனதில் வந்தது. பதி பக்தி முதல் பாதுகாப்பு வரை பீம்சிங் - நடிகர் திலகம் கூட்டணியில், சாவித்திரி எத்தனையோ படங்களில் நடித்திருந்தாலும், நடிகர் திலகம் - நடிகையர் திலகம் ஜோடியாக நடித்ததே இல்லை. இந்த படம் வெளி வந்திருந்தால் அந்த குறையும் நீங்கியிருக்கும். இப்படி ஒரு புதுமையான கதாபாத்திரம் வெளி வராமல் போனது தமிழ் சினிமாவிற்கு இழப்பு.

அன்புடன்

PS: நன்றி லெனின் அவர்களே!
Dear Murali,
Almost online with the Undertaker NT did the role in Harischandhira. As you said had it been completed and released, we would have got another gem in NT's career. Anyway for our satisfaction, I am giving below the link for the snap of ad in the song book given by Buddha Pictures for this film:
http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/ll208/beeveeyaar/NADIGAR%20THILAGAM/
Raghavendran.

mohanraman
29th July 2008, 10:50 PM
I have posted part 2 of the Meena interview of NT for your pleasure,
enjoy it.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AvH4sPRTjQ

P_R
29th July 2008, 10:55 PM
Says video is unavailable

Vivasaayi
29th July 2008, 11:03 PM
நாயகியின் தம்பியாக நடித்தவர் கமல்.

when was this film proposed? :?

P_R
29th July 2008, 11:08 PM
Just watched Part 1 of the interview.
Thank You Mr.Mohan Raman.

Very enjoyable interview.

Must say Meena was too wedded to the interview script.
Someone who knew Sivaji better should have done this interview.
Sivaji was lively.

segappa azhagA iruppEn....chinna piLLayila :lol:

He says, Bharathan was his masterpiece then itself !

mohanraman
29th July 2008, 11:12 PM
Posting part 3 also....Those who see it will recall the terrible fire that took place in "annai illam" a few years ago...that destroyed the lovely wooden staircase in which NT stands in the beginning of this part, along with his portrait as King george.....
Thankfully the Chathrapathi Sivaji Statue given to him at the Chevalier Function was shifted downstairs just before the fire....The beautifully woven Zari/Silk shawl with his Image - draped around him on that function day was framed and hanging there...unfortunately no longer.
sad , but then so what ? we still have his memories , enshrined in our hearts and in Celluloid....In Colour ( Black and white are colours too)

Vaazhga nadigar Thilakaththin Pugazh.
the link for part 3 is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqok5lsP-MM

mohanraman
29th July 2008, 11:14 PM
Friends, Dosai ippothaan suttaen, You tube takes a little while around 10-15 minutes to process...porungal please

P_R
29th July 2008, 11:35 PM
:-)
aavi parakka saappiduvadhil oru aarvam dhaan !

:wave:

mohanraman
30th July 2008, 12:03 AM
rasiyungal, rusiththu suvayungal....ellam "avar" kodukkum manamum unavumthaaney.

joe
30th July 2008, 08:04 AM
தோசையா அது ? தேனமுதம் :D

மிக்க நன்றி மோகன் ராம் சார் 8-)

rangan_08
30th July 2008, 11:46 AM
Day before y'day, Raj+ telecasted " Koondukkili "...missed it though. :(

mr_karthik
30th July 2008, 12:19 PM
Day before y'day, Raj+ telecasted " Koondukkili "...missed it though. :(
Mohan sir,
no need to feel much for missing.
that movie did not impressed both the fans (NT & MT).

rangan_08
30th July 2008, 12:29 PM
Karthik sir,

It may not have had the commercial elements to satisfy the fans, but it had a convincing story & some excellent performances from both the Thilagams. And, another reason why I felt for missing this film is that it's not a movie that's being telecasted quite often in the channels.

mr_karthik
30th July 2008, 12:31 PM
Mohanram sir,
You have done (doing) very good job, for which I submit my thanks for entire fans of NT.

Once Mr.Ramkumar also told (Podhigai 'Heloo ungaLudan') about the wooden stairs which was used by NT, got destroyed in that fire accident.

As you said, his memories are with us, which cant be destroyed by any.

Murali Srinivas
30th July 2008, 12:50 PM
நாயகியின் தம்பியாக நடித்தவர் கமல்.

when was this film proposed? :?

It was around 1962. This was planned after Paava Mannippu (March 1961) which was produced by Buddha Pictures and it was also after Paarthaal Pasi Theerum (Jan, 1962) where Kamal acted along with NT and Savithiri.

Regards

mohanraman
30th July 2008, 08:30 PM
Have just posted the last part of the NT Interview by meena...enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRHf53V1RD8

This was done at 20.30 PM IST so give it a few minutes , dosai aaravendaam ,anaal naakkai suttukollamal , suvaikkavum.

P_R
30th July 2008, 10:44 PM
Nice Interview. Thank You.

Part 4 has been marked as Part 5 I think.

When he said "To be or not to be" I once again felt, he himself should have said it in the film. It should not have been dubbed.

mohanraman
31st July 2008, 12:00 AM
true, thanks , have changed it. Got a bit confused by that Sathyaraj interview i was posting side by side.

RC
31st July 2008, 05:32 AM
Mohanram-ji: Thank you for sharing Nadigar Thilagam's interview.

hamid
31st July 2008, 07:34 AM
//And, another reason why I felt for missing this film is that it's not a movie that's being telecasted quite often in the channels.
//

yes.. I also wanted to watch that movie but havent had a chance yet.

RC
31st July 2008, 07:47 AM
Sathyaraj's interview Part 4 seems to be missing, Mohanram-ji!
Also watched your Hari Giri episode. Glad that you kept your composure!

joe
31st July 2008, 11:43 AM
Yesterday watched 'DeivaPiravi':D (not full) :(

After NT got santheegam on Padmini ,suddently video went still ,only audio playing for more than 15 mins (Sun TV :x) ,since it is too late night i discontinued.

Murali sir ,
In the SSR - MNR duet song ,have you noticed the background settings ,which looks rich and excellent ?

Murali Srinivas
31st July 2008, 11:45 AM
Karthik sir,

It may not have had the commercial elements to satisfy the fans, but it had a convincing story & some excellent performances from both the Thilagams. And, another reason why I felt for missing this film is that it's not a movie that's being telecasted quite often in the channels.

Mohan,

It would not be so great but still worth watching for the simple fact that it was the only time they acted together. I had writen a review of the same in our thread and here it is. I had written before you came into the hub and so you might have missed.

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=1230154#1230154

Regards

Murali Srinivas
31st July 2008, 11:52 AM
Yesterday watched 'DeivaPiravi':D (not full) :(

After NT got santheegam on Padmini ,suddently video went still ,only audio playing for more than 15 mins (Sun TV :x) ,since it is too late night i discontinued.

Murali sir ,
In the SSR - MNR duet song ,have you noticed the background settings ,which looks rich and excellent ?

Joe,

I don't remember because of two things. On that day, was busy typing for Paadalgal Palavitham thread. Second, song sequences of SSR, well let me not comment and so avoid them, listening only to the audio.

Regards

saradhaa_sn
31st July 2008, 01:04 PM
சன் தொலைக்காட்சியின் 'முத்தான திரைப்படங்கள்' வரிசையில் முன்பெல்லாம் நடிகர்திலகத்தின் கொஞ்சம் சமீபகால படங்கள் போட்டுக்கொண்டிருந்தனர்.

ஆனால் இப்போது, மற்றவர்கள் படங்கள் என்றால் அறுபதுக்கும் எழுபதுக்கும் இடைப்பட்ட படங்களைப்போடுபவர்கள், நடிகர்திலகத்துக்கு மட்டும் ஐம்பதுகளில் வந்த படங்களைப்போடுகின்றனர்.

அறுபதுக்கும் எழுபத்தைந்துக்கும் இடையில் நடிகர்திலகத்தின் ஏராளமான அருமையான படங்கள் இன்னும் பாக்கி இருக்கின்றனவே.

rangan_08
31st July 2008, 02:36 PM
Murali sir, thanks for the Koondukkili review link.

mr_karthik
1st August 2008, 12:32 PM
Kalaignar TV has cleared the doubt....

Dear Raghavandhar, Murali, Saradha, Mohan and other NT fans....

As we all eagerly waiting, Kalaignar TV has shown yesterday, the trailer of 'Marakka Mudiyumaa?' part 5, which is going to be telecasted tomorrow at 8 pm.

Dont miss it.

rangan_08
1st August 2008, 12:41 PM
Kalaignar TV has cleared the doubt....

Dear Raghavandhar, Murali, Saradha, Mohan and other NT fans....

As we all eagerly waiting, Kalaignar TV has shown yesterday, the trailer of 'Marakka Mudiyumaa?' part 5, which is going to be telecasted tomorrow at 8 pm.

Dont miss it. :thumbsup: :bluejump:

Murali Srinivas
2nd August 2008, 01:53 PM
சன் தொலைக்காட்சியின் 'முத்தான திரைப்படங்கள்' வரிசையில் முன்பெல்லாம் நடிகர்திலகத்தின் கொஞ்சம் சமீபகால படங்கள் போட்டுக்கொண்டிருந்தனர்.

ஆனால் இப்போது, மற்றவர்கள் படங்கள் என்றால் அறுபதுக்கும் எழுபதுக்கும் இடைப்பட்ட படங்களைப்போடுபவர்கள், நடிகர்திலகத்துக்கு மட்டும் ஐம்பதுகளில் வந்த படங்களைப்போடுகின்றனர்.

அறுபதுக்கும் எழுபத்தைந்துக்கும் இடையில் நடிகர்திலகத்தின் ஏராளமான அருமையான படங்கள் இன்னும் பாக்கி இருக்கின்றனவே.

சாரதா,

நீங்கள் ஆதங்கப்பட்டது சன் டிவியின் காதுகளில் விழுந்துவிட்டது. வரும் புதன் அன்று இரவு 10.30-க்கு Dr. சிவா ஒளிப்பரப்பாகிறது

அன்புடன்

Murali Srinivas
2nd August 2008, 11:07 PM
இன்றைய மறக்க முடியுமா மிக அழகாக தொகுக்கப்பட்டிருந்தது. வெரைட்டி என்று சொல்லுவோமே, அது போல் பல படங்கள் மற்றும் அது தொடர்புடைய பேட்டிகள் என்று ஒளிப்பரப்பானது. இன்று பங்கு பெற்றவர்கள் வியட்நாம் வீடு சுந்தரம், YGee மஹேந்திரன், பி.என்.சுந்தரம், அரூர்தாஸ், குகநாதன், சித்ராலயா கோபு, சி,வி.ஆர். இன்று இடம் பெற்ற படங்கள் கெளரவம், விடி வெள்ளி, நெஞ்சிருக்கும் வரை, சிவந்த மண், எங்க மாமா, என் மகன், பொன்னுஞ்சல் மற்றும் பாச மலர். இதில் குறிப்பாக மகேந்திராவின் ஆணித்தரமான பேச்சு, அவர் பேச்சுக்கு பலம் சேர்க்கும் விதமாக காட்டப்பட்ட காட்சிகள், அரூர்தாஸின் பாசமலர் கிளைமாக்ஸ் பற்றிய கண்ணிர் மல்கும் நினைவுகள், விடி வெள்ளியின் பாடல் காட்சிகள், சிவந்த மண் பாடல் மற்றும் காட்சிகள், நெஞ்சிருக்கும் வரை பாடல் மற்றும் காட்சிகள் என்று நேரம் போனதே தெரியாமல் செய்திருந்தார்கள். படப்பிடிப்பு தொடங்கி சில பல காரணங்களால் நின்று போன கண்ணா நீ வாழ்க என்ற படத்தை பற்றி குகநாதன் சொன்ன செய்திகள் நிகழ்ச்சியின் சுவையை கூட்ட உதவின. நடிகர் திலகம் நடித்த படங்களில் இடம் பெற்ற ஓரங்க நாடகங்கள், அதன் நிழற்ப்படங்களும் காண்பிக்கப்பட்டது. சேரன் செங்குட்டுவன், சாக்ரடிஸ், சலீம், சாம்ராட் அசோகன், ஜுலியஸ் சீசர், சத்ரபதி சிவாஜி, ஒதெல்லோ மற்றும் பாடல் காட்சிகளில் இடம் பெற்ற பாரதியார், திலகர், வாஞ்சிநாதன், ஜகாங்கீர், கிங் ஜார்ஜ் ஸ்டில்களும் இடம் பெற்றன. அடுத்த வாரம் தொடரும் என்ற இனிப்பான செய்தியும் இறுதியில் வந்தது.

அன்புடன்

mohanraman
3rd August 2008, 12:40 PM
My thanks to NT for having brought me so many wonderful friends.Happy friendship Day....
Please check my Blog today on "natpu"
http://mohanramanmuses.blogspot.com/

tacinema
4th August 2008, 05:28 AM
இன்றைய மறக்க முடியுமா மிக அழகாக தொகுக்கப்பட்டிருந்தது. வெரைட்டி என்று சொல்லுவோமே, அது போல் பல படங்கள் மற்றும் அது தொடர்புடைய பேட்டிகள் என்று ஒளிப்பரப்பானது. இன்று பங்கு பெற்றவர்கள் வியட்நாம் வீடு சுந்தரம், YGee மஹேந்திரன், பி.என்.சுந்தரம், அரூர்தாஸ், குகநாதன், சித்ராலயா கோபு, சி,வி.ஆர். இன்று இடம் பெற்ற படங்கள் கெளரவம், விடி வெள்ளி, நெஞ்சிருக்கும் வரை, சிவந்த மண், எங்க மாமா, என் மகன், பொன்னுஞ்சல் மற்றும் பாச மலர். இதில் குறிப்பாக மகேந்திராவின் ஆணித்தரமான பேச்சு, அவர் பேச்சுக்கு பலம் சேர்க்கும் விதமாக காட்டப்பட்ட காட்சிகள், அரூர்தாஸின் பாசமலர் கிளைமாக்ஸ் பற்றிய கண்ணிர் மல்கும் நினைவுகள், விடி வெள்ளியின் பாடல் காட்சிகள், சிவந்த மண் பாடல் மற்றும் காட்சிகள், நெஞ்சிருக்கும் வரை பாடல் மற்றும் காட்சிகள் என்று நேரம் போனதே தெரியாமல் செய்திருந்தார்கள். படப்பிடிப்பு தொடங்கி சில பல காரணங்களால் நின்று போன கண்ணா நீ வாழ்க என்ற படத்தை பற்றி குகநாதன் சொன்ன செய்திகள் நிகழ்ச்சியின் சுவையை கூட்ட உதவின. நடிகர் திலகம் நடித்த படங்களில் இடம் பெற்ற ஓரங்க நாடகங்கள், அதன் நிழற்ப்படங்களும் காண்பிக்கப்பட்டது. சேரன் செங்குட்டுவன், சாக்ரடிஸ், சலீம், சாம்ராட் அசோகன், ஜுலியஸ் சீசர், சத்ரபதி சிவாஜி, ஒதெல்லோ மற்றும் பாடல் காட்சிகளில் இடம் பெற்ற பாரதியார், திலகர், வாஞ்சிநாதன், ஜகாங்கீர், கிங் ஜார்ஜ் ஸ்டில்களும் இடம் பெற்றன. அடுத்த வாரம் தொடரும் என்ற இனிப்பான செய்தியும் இறுதியில் வந்தது.

அன்புடன்

Murali,

You are very lucky that you get a chance to view this extra-ordinary show. Any chance of getting these shows online, thru youtube?

These will benefit a lot of people like me who live overseas.

rangan_08
4th August 2008, 09:25 AM
Yes, this week's "Marakka Mudiyuma", really turned out to be a Marakka mudiyadha programme.

I was a bit disappointed as there was no NT's interview, but it was well compensated with the clippings and experiences of live personalities. Esp, when YGM described about the Gowravam shooting episode, I was awestruck. What a great man our NT is.

As a bonus, I also saw :

1. Anbalippu (VCD)

2. Navarathiri / Babu (DVD)

Anbalippu was a normal film directed by ACT. Thouhg NT & Jaishankar got down well with their Physique(c)s, the Chemistry between them was not quite commendable. For the first one hour or so, the movie was completely cliche ridden and began to test my patience. Still I went on to watch it, just for one reason - NT.

Needless to say about Navarathiri.

Babu - Again directed by ACT (Cine Bharath - is it Balaji's home production ??). I've seen it many years ago, and watching it now, was totally a different experiences. What a performance !! Kudos to ACT & NT, ofcourse - cannot imagine anybody else in that character. It's not for simple reasons that NT, in Marakka Mudiyuma, had mentioned that all the credit should go to his friend ACT for giving him such wonderful characters and harnessing the actor in him (though it shows his magnanimity 1 )

mohanraman
4th August 2008, 11:21 AM
am trying to get the tapes...not shot by a camera focussed on the television set. will post in youtube. shortly.

joe
4th August 2008, 11:23 AM
am trying to get the tapes...not shot by a camera focussed on the television set. will post in youtube. shortly.
:ty: :D

rangan_08
4th August 2008, 12:30 PM
Just for the benefit of those who missed this week's Marakka Mudiyuma...atleast until Mr. Mohanram comes out with the link...

As told by YGM...

In "Gowravam", there would be a mock trial scene that takes place in Barrister Rajnikanth's house, and YGM narrated a beautiful incidence that took place while shooting this sequence.

The scene had been succesfully shot and NT did a great job as usual. Everybody in the set applauded the performance but Nagesh & YGM stayed quiet and NT noticed it. Later, he called them up and said, "Ennada silent-a irukeenga, enna, perusa thappu kandupudichiteengala, sollunga...". Though embarassed, YGM said, "illeenga, ellam arumaya panneenga, aana oru idathula unga English pronounciation konjam thappa irundhadhu..". Now NT replied, "Yenda, enga amma enna Padma Seshadri school-ada nadathura, ....." . But the great actor & the wonderful person in him was not satisfied, so he went to the director / cameraman and said that something was missing in the take and that he is not satisfied, so let's go for another take..... This time he came out with the exact pronounciation. That's dedication to the core.

He recollected another incidence also from the same film. During shooting time, Nagesh once called him and asked to observe NT once he is finished with the make-up. Normally the Kannan portion will be shot in the day & Barrister portion, during second half. Once NT comes out of the make-up room as Kannan, he would start behaving like Kannan, in the sets. And, once he is Barrister Rajnikanth, his entire mannerisms, tone, body language everything will be that of BR. Amazing !!!

groucho070
4th August 2008, 04:56 PM
The mock trial scene is an evidence of great scriptwriting. Am not sure the credit should go to the original writer (of the Sendhamarai drama).

As the films earlier voice over says, to some the courtroom is like a game court. You see that here, Rajinikanth being just like any other sports player, doing rehearsal with clear arrogance of knowing that he is going to win. And mock or not mock, he demands respect. And scene is funny too.

Then, we cut to the actual verdict at the actual court. They could have repeated the whole scene, to actual argument, but we saw Rajinikanth in action, and we know, as he does, that he is going to win. It saves repitition. Brillant script.

rangan_08
4th August 2008, 05:01 PM
Your'e absolutely right groucho, i too had the same thought.

Murali Srinivas
5th August 2008, 11:49 AM
tac,

Enge Marupadiyum kaanama poiteenga? Mohanram sir has replied to your querry and hope his effort materialises.

Mohan & Raakesh,

Nice way of putting it. More than the info, the concluding remark of YGeeM was the icing on the cake. எந்த நடிகன் சார் பண்ணுவான்? இது நடக்கும் போது அவர் சிகரத்திலே இருக்கார். பெரிய நடிகர் திலகம், அவர் நின்னா, திரும்பினா, நடந்தா, கைதட்ட ஆள் ரெடி. அப்படி இருந்தும் அவர் பண்ணாரே அதுதான் கிரேட்

He was ready to do the retake as YGeeM and Nagesh pointed out about pronounciation and at the same time he made it look as if he is doing it on his own. So he told வின்சென்ட், அந்த ஸ்டெப்-லே இறங்கும் போது கொஞ்சம் சரியா வரலே. ஒன் மோர் எடுத்திராலம்.

That is NT.

Regards

Movie Cop
6th August 2008, 09:03 AM
Have just posted the last part of the NT Interview by meena...enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRHf53V1RD8

This was done at 20.30 PM IST so give it a few minutes , dosai aaravendaam ,anaal naakkai suttukollamal , suvaikkavum.
Mohan Ram sir,
Thanks for posting the interview of Dr. Sivaji Ganesan! It was very nostalgic to see the legendary actor going down memory lane! The way "Nadigar Thilagam" Sivaji Ganesan demonstrated the difference between stage/theatrical acting versus cinema acting was simply superb! :thumbsup: I couldn't find beyond part 4 in You tube. Are there only 4 parts of this interview? Or is there anymore?

"Nadigar Thilagam" Sivaji Ganesan is truly the first person to set the acting bench mark for the next generation! :notworthy:

selvakumar
6th August 2008, 10:38 PM
sun is telecasting sumathi en sundari now..
looks like a change..

Shakthiprabha.
6th August 2008, 10:41 PM
wowwwwww mez gonna watch :wave:

tacinema
7th August 2008, 06:31 AM

Mohanram Sir,

Thank you very much. It would be a great gift to all NT fans
across the world. To add to this, your blog work is phenomenal. Please keep the great work going.

Regards

tacinema
7th August 2008, 06:36 AM
tac,

Enge Marupadiyum kaanama poiteenga? Mohanram sir has replied to your querry and hope his effort materialises.

Mohan & Raakesh,

Nice way of putting it. More than the info, the concluding remark of YGeeM was the icing on the cake. எந்த நடிகன் சார் பண்ணுவான்? இது நடக்கும் போது அவர் சிகரத்திலே இருக்கார். பெரிய நடிகர் திலகம், அவர் நின்னா, திரும்பினா, நடந்தா, கைதட்ட ஆள் ரெடி. அப்படி இருந்தும் அவர் பண்ணாரே அதுதான் கிரேட்

He was ready to do the retake as YGeeM and Nagesh pointed out about pronounciation and at the same time he made it look as if he is doing it on his own. So he told வின்சென்ட், அந்த ஸ்டெப்-லே இறங்கும் போது கொஞ்சம் சரியா வரலே. ஒன் மோர் எடுத்திராலம்.

That is NT.

Regards

Murali,

Koncham busy Sir. Do you have any schedule going to Madurai in September? I will PM you later.

tacinema
7th August 2008, 06:53 AM
Just for the benefit of those who missed this week's Marakka Mudiyuma...atleast until Mr. Mohanram comes out with the link...

As told by YGM...

In "Gowravam", there would be a mock trial scene that takes place in Barrister Rajnikanth's house, and YGM narrated a beautiful incidence that took place while shooting this sequence.

The scene had been succesfully shot and NT did a great job as usual. Everybody in the set applauded the performance but Nagesh & YGM stayed quiet and NT noticed it. Later, he called them up and said, "Ennada silent-a irukeenga, enna, perusa thappu kandupudichiteengala, sollunga...". Though embarassed, YGM said, "illeenga, ellam arumaya panneenga, aana oru idathula unga English pronounciation konjam thappa irundhadhu..". Now NT replied, "Yenda, enga amma enna Padma Seshadri school-ada nadathura, ....." . But the great actor & the wonderful person in him was not satisfied, so he went to the director / cameraman and said that something was missing in the take and that he is not satisfied, so let's go for another take..... This time he came out with the exact pronounciation. That's dedication to the core.

He recollected another incidence also from the same film. During shooting time, Nagesh once called him and asked to observe NT once he is finished with the make-up. Normally the Kannan portion will be shot in the day & Barrister portion, during second half. Once NT comes out of the make-up room as Kannan, he would start behaving like Kannan, in the sets. And, once he is Barrister Rajnikanth, his entire mannerisms, tone, body language everything will be that of BR. Amazing !!!

This shows that NT and only NT is a COMPLETE actor - dedication and performance delivery to the point.

Talking about his english pronunciation, the following NT films have got more usage of english:

1. gouravam
2. paalum pazhamum
3. bale pandiya (as scientist)

Any other films?

Regards

NOV
7th August 2008, 07:00 AM
many scenes in Vietnam Veedu .... "position pOnapuram possessionu pOchu." vEdhanaiyai maraiththa vEdikkai vaarthaigal

many a slip between the cup and the lip... nenjai pizhinju edukkkum kaatchigal. :cry:

saradhaa_sn
7th August 2008, 11:32 AM
நேற்று (புதன்) இரவு, சன் டி.வி.யின் முத்தான திரைப்படங்கள் வரிசையில் ஒரு இன்ப அதிர்ச்சி.

இதுநாள்வரை புதனன்று 'டாக்டர் சிவா' ஒளிபரப்பப்போவதாக விளம்பரம் காட்டி வந்தனர். நேற்றிரவு படம் பார்க்க உட்கார்ந்தால் அவர்கள் திரையிட்டது 'சுமதி என் சுந்தரி'.

படம் துவங்கியதுமே, மனம் துள்ளிக்குதித்தது. நேரம் போனதே தெரியாமல் ஓடிப்போனது. படம் முடிந்ததும், மீண்டும் ஒளிபரப்ப மாட்டார்களா என்றிருந்தது.

சன் தொலைக்காட்சிக்கு நன்றி....

rangan_08
7th August 2008, 12:03 PM
BTW, for the past 2 weeks, in Muththana Thiraipadangal, they are telecasting 2 MGR films in a week and only 1 NT film. :(

k_vanan
7th August 2008, 12:47 PM
நேற்று (புதன்) இரவு, சன் டி.வி.யின் முத்தான திரைப்படங்கள் வரிசையில் ஒரு இன்ப அதிர்ச்சி.

இதுநாள்வரை புதனன்று 'டாக்டர் சிவா' ஒளிபரப்பப்போவதாக விளம்பரம் காட்டி வந்தனர். நேற்றிரவு படம் பார்க்க உட்கார்ந்தால் அவர்கள் திரையிட்டது 'சுமதி என் சுந்தரி'.

படம் துவங்கியதுமே, மனம் துள்ளிக்குதித்தது. நேரம் போனதே தெரியாமல் ஓடிப்போனது. படம் முடிந்ததும், மீண்டும் ஒளிபரப்ப மாட்டார்களா என்றிருந்தது.

சன் தொலைக்காட்சிக்கு நன்றி....

appo intha padam mellam adutha varam ingu (Malaysia-SUNTV) parkalam get-ready all NT fans here. only 1 NT movie a week :( and MGR 2 movie :twisted:

NOV
7th August 2008, 01:05 PM
don't worry k_vanan, there are ample NT movies shown on Astro Vellithirai every day.

For instance enjoy Sandhippu today - Sivaji & Prabhu at 6pm today... Ooty varai uravu at 3am :lol: Muradan Muthu at 10.30 am tomorrow.

k_vanan
7th August 2008, 01:15 PM
don't worry k_vanan, there are ample NT movies shown on Astro Vellithirai every day.

For instance enjoy Sandhippu today - Sivaji & Prabhu at 6pm today... Ooty varai uravu at 3am :lol: Muradan Muthu at 10.30 am tomorrow.

appadi vela vetti onnum illaiyana parvalla :) BTW by next week i will be free, no more Income Tax & audit issue :bluejump: :redjump:

Murali Srinivas
7th August 2008, 08:10 PM
BTW, for the past 2 weeks, in Muththana Thiraipadangal, they are telecasting 2 MGR films in a week and only 1 NT film. :(

It has been like that for more than 4 weeks and Mohan, if you just give a thought, you can understand that political churning is taking place in TN and this (telecasting) forms a part of the same. The grapewine is even yesterday the change at the last minute was due to you know what? Because of the heroine.

Regards

rangan_08
8th August 2008, 12:58 PM
The grapewine is even yesterday the change at the last minute was due to you know what? Because of the heroine.

Regards

Then, for next week can we expect a Raja or Enga mama or Engirundho vandhaal or Savale Samali...... :)

BTW, sir, y'day saw 1st half of Deiva Magan. The girl who comes as Nambiar's partner (she dances in "Anbulla Nanbare" song) - is she the same person who had acted as NT's pair in Babu ??

Murali Srinivas
8th August 2008, 01:25 PM
BTW, sir, y'day saw 1st half of Deiva Magan. The girl who comes as Nambiar's partner (she dances in "Anbulla Nanbare" song) - is she the same person who had acted as NT's pair in Babu ??

Yeah Mohan, you are right. She is the same girl, Vijayashree. Though she couldn't make it big in Tamilnadu, she achieved that in Malayalam. Unfortunate thing is she was used more for her physical features. As it happened to most heroines, she committed suicide when she was at the top, giving rise to many rumours but nothing came out.

Regards

rangan_08
8th August 2008, 02:07 PM
Oh! I never knew that she was dead. Very unfortunate.
Thanks for the reply sir.

Murali Srinivas
8th August 2008, 11:34 PM
மோகன்,

உங்கள் கோரிக்கையை ஏற்று வரும் வாரம் சன் தொலைக்காட்சி நிறுவனத்தினர் நடிகர் திலகத்தின் இரண்டு படங்களை ஒளிப்பரப்புகிறார்கள். கடந்த வாரம் ஒளிப்பரப்பாக வேண்டிய Dr. சிவா திங்களன்றும், இரும்புத்திரை திரைப்படம் வியாழன்றும் ஒளிப்பரப்பாகின்றன.

அன்புடன்

jaiganes
8th August 2008, 11:59 PM
Has anyone seen Garuda Sowkyamaa?
NT's take on Godfather kind of role - though shoddily directed - had a very interesting acting by NT

Murali Srinivas
9th August 2008, 12:10 AM
Jai,

Many must have missed it. As you said it was a rip off from God Father and NT with a different get up and hair do would have didhed out a superb performance. (I have been quoting this film time and again to highlight that all movies in the 80s done by NT are not craps). A more capable director than K.S.Prakash Rao would have handled it better. Supporting cast was also not great (Thiagarajan, Mohan etc). Added to the fact that there were so many releases of NT films itself also didn't help. Will you believe, if I say there were 4 films of NT that were released in the first two months of 1982 [This movie was in Feb 1982]. This film did deserve more.

Regards

jaiganes
9th August 2008, 12:30 AM
I have seen it a couple of times and he puts in what would seem to many an over the top performance - but it is a performance to be watched in my opinion. - PArticularly when he talks to the catholic sister - his voice changes and his eyes automatically gain a 'grace' that is possible to show only by NT. He plays a terrific don as well.

saradhaa_sn
9th August 2008, 07:15 PM
Jai,

Many must have missed it. As you said it was a rip off from God Father and NT with a different get up and hair do would have didhed out a superb performance. (I have been quoting this film time and again to highlight that all movies in the 80s done by NT are not craps). A more capable director than K.S.Prakash Rao would have handled it better. Supporting cast was also not great (Thiagarajan, Mohan etc). Added to the fact that there were so many releases of NT films itself also didn't help. Will you believe, if I say there were 4 films of NT that were released in the first two months of 1982 [This movie was in Feb 1982]. This film did deserve more.

Regards
உண்மையில் 'கருடா சௌக்கியமா' ஒரு அருமையான படம். இதுபோன்ற நல்ல படங்கள் வெற்றிவாய்ப்பை இழந்ததற்கு, மற்றெல்லாவற்றையும் விட முக்கிய காரணம் புற்றீசல்கள் போல வெளிவந்த நடிகர்திலகத்தின் படங்கள்தான்.

ஒரே நாளில் அடுத்தடுத்த ஷோக்களில், ஹிட்லர் உமாநாத், கருடா சௌக்கியமா, வசந்தத்தில் ஓர் நாள் ஆகிய படங்களைப் பார்த்த ரசிகர்கள் நிறைய.

'கருடா'வில் அவர் தன் அடியாள் தியாகராஜனை "முத்துகிருஷ்ணா" என்று கூப்பிடும் அழகே தனி.

Murali Srinivas
10th August 2008, 12:17 AM
சென்ற வாரம் போல் அத்தனை வெரைட்டி இல்லையென்றாலும் கூட இந்த வாரமும் மறக்க முடியுமா சுவையாக அமைந்திருந்தது. இந்த முறையும் அதற்கான கிரெடிட் YGee மகேந்திராவை சேர வேண்டும். 1978 -ல் புயல் வெள்ள நிவாரண நிதிக்காக நடத்தப்பட்ட கலை நிகழ்ச்சிகளில் நடிகர் திலகத்தின் சாம்ராட் அசோகன் நாடகத்தை பற்றியும் அதில் எங்கே கலிங்கம் என்று நடிகர் திலகம் இரண்டு வித்தியாசமான pitch-ல் சொல்லும் விதத்தை பற்றியும் அவர் விவரித்த விதம் அருமை. அது போல் நவராத்திரி படத்தில் குஷ்டரோகி மற்றும் டாக்டர் கதாபாத்திரங்களை அவர் தன் நடையை வைத்து எப்படி எஸ்டாபிலிஷ் செய்தார் என்பதையும் அழகாக சொன்னார். வீ வீ சுந்தரம் ஞானஒளி மற்றும் காவல் தெய்வம் படத்தை பற்றி பேசினார். ஒளிப்பதிவாளர் பி.என்.சுந்தரம் தேவனே என்னை பாருங்கள் பாடல் காட்சியில் இடம் பெற்ற அந்த பிரபலமான கார்மேகங்கள் கடந்து செல்லும் போது தரையில் நிழல் கடந்து போகும் ஷாட்டைப் பற்றி பேசினார்.

சித்ராலயா கோபு ஊட்டி வரை உறவு படத்தைப் பற்றியும் பூமாலையில் ஒரு மல்லிகை பாடல் பற்றி சொன்னார். நடிகர் இடிச்சபுளி செல்வராஜ் கப்பலோட்டிய தமிழன் படத்தில் இடம் பெற்ற ஒரு காட்சியை (பாரதியார் காலமாகி விட்டார் என்ற கடிதம் வரும் காட்சி) பற்றி நெகிழ்வாக சொன்னார். சி.வி.ஆர் பேசும்போது கலாட்டா கல்யாணம் படத்திற்கு தன்னை டைரக்டராக சிபாரிசு செய்த நடிகர் திலகத்தை நினவு கூர்ந்தார். பி.மாதவன் இயக்கிய எங்க ஊர் ராஜா, பட்டிக்காடா பட்டணமா பாடல் காட்சிகளும், அன்னை இல்லம் பட காட்சிகளும் காண்பிக்கப்பட்டன. அன்னையின் ஆணை - அசோகன் நாடக காட்சியும், மருத நாட்டு வீரன் பாடல் காட்சியும், முரடன் முத்து பாடல் காட்சியும் திரையிடப்பட்டன. 1998-ல் அன்றைய முதல்வர் கலைஞர் அவர்களுக்கு நடத்தப்பட்ட பாராட்டு கூட்டத்தில் நடிகர் திலகத்தின் உரையில் ஒரு சிறிய அளவும் அதற்க்கு கலைஞரின் பதிலும் இடம் பெற்றன. உலகம் பலவிதம் படத்தின் ஒரு பாடல் காட்சியும் வந்தது.

அடுத்த வாரம் தொடரும் என்ற இனிப்பான செய்தியும் வந்தது.

அன்புடன்

mohanraman
10th August 2008, 01:52 PM
[tscii:58791a692b]Hi,
Last Year I was asked by Chennai heritage/Madras Musings to present a Talk with Film Clips during the Chennai Week. The topic last year was Chennai as a backdrop in Films 1930s to 1960s.
It was so wonderful an experience for me that I unhesitatingly accepted to deliver one more this year.
My Talk this year is on the famed M.R.Radha. The first in Tamil and the second in English. It is expected that I will shut up in an hour 's time.....but even if we double it , we can all be back home or out partying by 8.30 PM.

August 20: Wednesday - At 6.30 pm.
At Avvai Kalai Kazhagam, 15/9, Somu Chetty 4th Lane, Royapuram.
Chennai Heritage with Avvai Kalai Kazhagam – Madras Musings Lecture Series (Tamil). M.R. Radha – Nooravadu Andu Anjali (A centenary tribute to M.R. Radha) – Talk with film clips by Mohan Raman.
August 24: Sunday - At 6.30 pm.
At Welcomgroup Park Sheraton Hotel and Towers, TTK Road.(ADYAR PARK....)
Chennai Heritage-Madras Musings Lecture. A Star of Madras – a centenary tribute ( English) to (M.R. Radha) - Talk with film clips by Mohan Raman

There are several interesting talks and walks organised as part of the madras Week celebrations...those of you who are interested in this topic of " old Chennai" may please check out the website http://www.themadrasday.in/ for details on events and lectures.

I am predominantly using clips from the Paa series......hence the posting here. In any case where else will I post it to tell all my friends....He he he.[/tscii:58791a692b]

NOV
10th August 2008, 07:18 PM
This is a golden opportunity to begin a thread on nadigavEl MRR Radha, the man who gave villainism with a dose of humour!

mohanraman
10th August 2008, 08:05 PM
Why not......he deserves it...
Please check it out.
http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=nRcgoB7w2AI

rangan_08
11th August 2008, 09:20 AM
Dear Murali Sir,

Thanks for the info about NT films in SUN TV. Have not seen Irumbuthirai - shouldn't miss it.

And yes, this week also YGM's contribution was informative & interesting. Whatever he said, came from the bottom of his heart.

Giving below the news which came in the Deccan Chronicle dt. 09/08/28. :

Sivaji statue cleared : Bowing to public pressure, Thanjavur municipality has given it's nod for erecting the life-size bronze statue of thespian Sivaji Ganesan at the junction near Raja Rajan manimandapam in the town.

Regional director of municipal administration P.S. Sundarrajan said the municipality had now granted permission for erecting the statue at the disputed site. " We have no intention to stop the work. We have also to obey the government order. As a GO has already been issued, the municipality gave the green signal to the organising committee. They have now resumed their work.

The statue will be unveiled on August 15th as scheduled, he said.

joe
12th August 2008, 06:59 AM
சிவாஜி கணேசன் பற்றிய புத்தகம் வெளியீ்டு - 11.08.2008

இன்னும் எத்தனை தலைமுறை நடிக்ர்கள் வந்தாலும் சிம்மக்குரலோன் சிவாஜியின் இடத்தை நிரப்ப எவராலும் இயலாது. வருங்கால சந்ததியும் அவரைப்பற்றி அறிந்துகொள்ளும் அரிய தொகுப்பாக ஒரு புத்தகம் வெளியிடப்பட்டுள்ளது.

'The Legends Of Indian Cinema' என்னும் தலைப்பில் இந்திய திரையுலகில் சாதனைப்படைத்த ஆறு ஜாம்பவான்களை பற்றி தனித்தனி புத்தகம் வெளியிடப்பட்டுள்ளது. இதில் ஷம்மிகபூர், குருதத், P.C.பருவா, மெகபூப்கான், ஷாரப்மோடி, சிவாஜிகணேசன ஆகியோர் அடங்குவர்.

சிவாஜி கணேசன் பற்றிய நூலினை எழுதியிருப்பவர் திரைப்பட ஆய்வாளரும், எழுத்தாளருமான தியோடர் பாஸ்கரன். விஸ்டம் ட்ரீ பதிப்பகம் வெளியிட்டுள்ள இப்புத்தகத்தின் வெளியீடு மற்றும் அறிமுகவிழா சென்னை சத்யம் திரையரங்கில் இன்று காலை நடந்தது.

இவ்விழாவில் இந்திய சினிமா மேம்பாட்டு பணியில் தன்னை ஈடுபடுத்தி வரும் அருணாதேவி, இயக்குனர்கள் பாலுமகேந்திரா, பாக்யராஜ், தயாரிப்பாளர் ஏவி.எம்.சரவணன் உள்ளிட்ட பலர் கலந்துகொண்டு சிவாஜி பற்றிய நினைவலைகளில் மூழ்கினர்.

நூலாசிரியர் தியோடர் பாஸ்கரன் பேசும்போது, "தமிழ் சினிமா வரலாறு என்பது 75 ஆண்டுகள் அல்ல. 92 ஆண்டுகள் பழமை வாய்ந்தது. 1916-ல்தான் முதல் தமிழ்ப்படம் வெளிவந்தது. நடராஜ முதலியார் தயாரித்த இந்தப்படம், கீழ்ப்பாக்கத்தில் ஸ்டுடியோ அமைக்கப்பட்டு தயாரானது. ஆக இன்னும் எட்டு ஆண்டுகளில் அதாவது 2016-ல் தமிழ் சினிமா 100 ஆண்டுகள் என்ற வரலாற்று சிறப்பை பெறும்" என்ற அரிய தகவலை வெளியிட்டார்.

http://tamil.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/11082008-5.shtml

mohanraman
12th August 2008, 12:21 PM
Theodore is a good writer and a friend of mine....Unfortunate that he mentioned Mr. Venugopal , ( Shanthi Theatre - Brother in Law or Sammandhi, being Mr.Ramkumar's father in Law.) as the son in law of NT in the Bibliography......have not fully gone through the book. Will do so shortly.

joe
12th August 2008, 07:55 PM
Murali Sir,
Just now seen SUN TV add for NT statue opening ceremony at Thanjai :D

Chief Guest NataRajan :x

joe
12th August 2008, 10:50 PM
NT book release video
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/events/15958.html

hamid
13th August 2008, 07:12 AM
சிவாஜியை வைத்து படம் டைரக்டு செய்ய முடியவில்லை என்பதுதான் என் வாழ்க்கையில் எனக்கு மிச்சமிருக்கும் ஒரே வருத்தம்.
- Balu Mahendra

சிவாஜி நல்ல நடிகராக, நல்ல மனிதராக, நல்ல தந்தையாக, நல்ல தாத்தாவாக, நல்ல கொள்ளு தாத்தாவாக வாழ்ந்தார். இந்தியாவிலேயே சிவாஜி குடும்பம் மாதிரி ஒற்றுமையான கூட்டு குடும்பம் வேறு எந்த நடிகர் குடும்பத்திலும் இல்லை என்றார்

- AVM saravanan

http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2008/08/12-balu-mahendra-urges-to-make-sivaji-in-text-books.html

joe
13th August 2008, 07:18 AM
சிவாஜி சிலை-திறக்கும் எஸ்.எஸ்.ஆர்.

சென்னை: நடிகர் திலகம் சிவாஜி கணேசனின் சிலை தஞ்சையில் வரும் 15ம் தேதி திறக்கப்படுகிறது. மூத்த நடிகர் எஸ்எஸ்ஆர் சிலையை திறந்து வைக்கிறார்.

சிவாஜியின் மகன் ராம்குமார் மற்றும் ஜெயலலிதாவின் தோழி சசிகலாவின் கணவர் மா.நடராஜன் ஆகியோர் நிருபர்களிடம் கூறியதாவது:-

நடிகர் திலகம் சிவாஜி கணேசனின் சொந்த மாவட்டமான தஞ்சையில் அவரது சிலையை அமைக்க வேண்டும் என்று 72 கிராமங்களை சேர்ந்த பொது மக்கள் கேட்டுக் கொண்டனர். இதற்காக நடராஜன் தலைமையில் ஒரு குழு அமைக்கப்பட்டது.

சிவாஜியின் மனைவி கமலாம்மாள் உயிருடன் இருக்கும்போதே சிலையை திறக்க ஏற்பாடு செய்தோம். அதற்குள் அவர் மறைந்து விட்டார். சிலை அமைப்பதற்கு முதல்வர் கருணாநிதியிடம் நடிகர் பிரபு, ராம்குமார் அனுமதி பெற்றனர்.

அதன்படி அவரது சிலை தஞ்சை, புதுக்கோட்டை சாலை மணிமண்டபம் அருகே அமைக்கப்படுகிறது. இதற்காக முதல்வருக்கு நன்றி தெரிவித்துக் கொள்கிறோம். மெரீனா கடற்கரையில் வைக்கப்பட்டுள்ளதை போன்று அதே வடிவத்தில், அதே உயரத்தில் அமைக்கப்படுகிறது.

இந்த சிலை வருகிற 15ம் தேதி மாலை 6 மணிக்கு திறக்கப்படுகிறது. நடிகர் எஸ்.எஸ்.ராஜேந்திரன் இதை திறந்து வைக்கிறார். இதில் முக்கிய பிரமுகர்கள், கலை உலக பிரமுகர்கள் கலந்து கொள்கிறார்கள்.

இதே போன்று நாகர்கோவில், மதுரை, குமாரபாளையம் ஆகிய இடங்களிலும் சிவாஜியின் சிலை விரைவில் திறக்கப்படும். அக்டோபர் 1ம் தேதி சிவாஜியின் 80வது பிறந்த நாள் விழா கொண்டாடப்படுகிறது. இதில் முதல்வர் கருணாநிதி சிறப்பு விருந்தினராக கலந்து கொள்கிறார் என்றார்.

http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2008/08/12-ssr-to-unveil-shivaji-statue-in-thanjavur-on-aug-15.html

Murali Srinivas
13th August 2008, 06:24 PM
Joe,

I was about to tell you. But as usual you posted it well before that. As mentioned in these columns, the 80th Birthday celebrations of NT is going to be a year long affair and every month they may have a special programme. The சிலை திறப்பு விழாக்கள் at different locations may find a place in the monthly quota. But nothing has been finalised so far. A clear picture may emerge in the first week of September. Lets wait.

Regards

joe
14th August 2008, 07:22 AM
MuraLi sir,
Glad to know that NT statue will be unveiled on August 15th at Tanjore by Ladchiya Nadigar SSR.

I have respect for SSR .But i can't understand why people like MSV ,Nagesh are not given this honour instead ..I just feel that MSV and Nagesh deserves more than anybody to open NT statue .

Hopefully upcoming statue opening function will have these legends who are more close to NT .

saradhaa_sn
14th August 2008, 02:37 PM
MuraLi sir,
Glad to know that NT statue will be unveiled on August 15th at Tanjore by Ladchiya Nadigar SSR.

I have respect for SSR .But i can't understand why people like MSV ,Nagesh are not given this honour instead ..I just feel that MSV and Nagesh deserves more than anybody to open NT statue .

Hopefully upcoming statue opening function will have these legends who are more close to NT .
டியர் ஜோ,
தங்கள் ஆதங்கம் நியாயமானது. இப்படி ஒரு அனுபவம் 'நடிகர்திலகத்தின் ஐம்பதாண்டு கலைச்சேவை'க்கான விழாவைக் காண நேர்ந்தபோது எனக்கு ஏற்பட்டது.

அவரது சமகாலத் தோழர்களான (அப்போது முதல்வராக இருந்த) எம்.ஜி.ஆர்., வி.கே.ராமசாமி, மேஜர், நம்பியார், ஜெமினிகணேஷ், எஸ்.எஸ்.ஆர்., இயக்குனர்கள் ஸ்ரீதர், கே.எஸ்.கோபாலகிருஷ்ணன் போன்றவர்கள் மேடையேற்றப்படாமல் அப்போதைக்கு மார்க்கெட்டில் பிரபலமாயிருந்த பாண்டியராஜன், அனுராதா, சில்க் ஸ்மிதா போன்றோர் பேச அழைக்கப்பட்டனர். (விழாக்குழுவினர் செய்த தவறு இது). நான் குறிப்பிட்ட அனைவரும் அப்போது உயிரோடு இருந்தனர்.

அட்லீஸ்ட் அந்த அளவுக்குப்போகாமல் இப்போது நடிகர்திலகத்தின் சிலையை அவரது நீண்டகால நண்பர் எஸ்.எஸ்.ஆர். திறக்க இருப்பது மனதுக்கு ஆறுதலே. (இருப்பினும் மெல்லிசை மன்னர் திறந்தால் இன்னும் சிறப்பாக இருந்திருக்கும் என்பதும் உண்மை). இனிவரும் சிலை திறப்பு விழாக்களிலாவது எம்.எஸ்.வி., நாகேஷ், பாலாஜி, மற்றும் அவருடன் பல படங்களில் நடித்த (பழைய) ஸ்ரீகாந்த் போன்றோர் அழைக்கப்பட வேண்டும்.

rangan_08
14th August 2008, 04:24 PM
Joe & Saradha mam,

May be, if AMMA comes to power, she will choose the appropriate person to unveil NT's statue !!! :)

rangan_08
14th August 2008, 04:27 PM
Tonight 10.30 pm watch " IRUMBUTHIRAI " in Sun TV. I've not seen the film before and am very eager to see it today.

saradhaa_sn
14th August 2008, 04:55 PM
மோகன்,
அன்றைக்கு ராம்குமார் பேட்டியைப் பார்த்தீர்களா?. இந்த சிலை திறப்பு விழா ஆகஸ்ட் 15 அல்லாமல் வேறு நாளாக இருந்தால், நிச்சயம் முதல்வர் கலைஞர்தான் திறந்து வைப்பார். ஆனால் அன்று சுதந்திர தினமாதலால், கோட்டையில் கொடியேற்றல், அணிவகுப்பு மரியாதை என்று அன்றைக்கு முழுதும் முதல்வர் சென்னையில் இருக்க வேண்டியுள்ளது. அன்றைய தினம் அவரால் தஞ்சைக்கு வரமுடியாது என்பதுதான் முக்கிய காரணம். அதற்கு பதிலாக அக்டோப்ர் 1 அன்று சென்னையில் நடைபெற இருக்கும் நடிகர்திலகத்தின் 80-வது பிறந்தநாளின் சிறப்பு விருந்தினர் முதல்வர்தான் என்று சொல்லியிருந்தார்.

rangan_08
14th August 2008, 05:01 PM
No mam, I've not seen the interview, but I remember reading it in the newspaper. Anyway, I was only referring MSV & Nagesh (as appropriate persons) in my post.

Murali Srinivas
14th August 2008, 06:44 PM
நடிகர் திலகத்தின் ரசிகர்களுக்கும், அனைத்து தேசிய உள்ளங்களுக்கும் உளங்கனிந்த advanced சுதந்திர தின வாழ்த்துக்கள்.

ஜெய்ஹிந்த்!

அன்புடன்

joe
14th August 2008, 10:26 PM
I was only referring MSV & Nagesh (as appropriate persons) in my post.

what do you mean ? Do you mean kalainjar is not in good terms with MSV and Nagesh ? :roll:

then MSV and Nagesh could have been invited for today's function ..Hope you know Natarajan and SSR belongs to which side ? :huh:

mohanraman
14th August 2008, 11:12 PM
this is NOT a State function, nor a NT family organised one ( as the 1st october one is)..but a group of people have got together to honour NT. Guess they call whom they know. In any case both Nagesh and MSV are not in the best of health - so guess that is one reason. Happy Independance day friends.

joe
15th August 2008, 07:29 AM
தங்கங்களே நாளைத் தலைவர்களே
நம் தாயும் மொழியும் கண்கள்
சிங்கங்களே வாழும் தெய்வங்களே
நம் தேசம் காப்பவர் நீங்கள்

நம் தாத்தா காந்தி மாமா நேரு தேடிய செல்வங்கள்
பள்ளிச் சாலை தந்தவன் ஏழைத்தலைவனை தினமும் எண்ணுங்கள்!

இனிய சுதந்திர தின நல்வாழ்த்துக்கள்!

joe
16th August 2008, 11:01 AM
No news about NT statue opening at Tanjore? :roll:

joe
16th August 2008, 01:55 PM
http://www.dinamani.com/Cinema/CineItems.asp?ID=DNC20080815142154&Title=Cinema+-+News&lTitle=%F9Nn%A7Ls&Topic=0

P_R
16th August 2008, 06:02 PM
Saw Garuda Sowkkiyama on DD (in bits and pieces though).
I found it pretty ordinary :-|

saradhaa_sn
17th August 2008, 12:42 PM
தஞ்சையில் நடிகர்திலகத்தின் சிலை திறப்பு விழா - தினமலரில் செய்தி:

http://www.dinamalar.com/pothunewsdetail.asp?News_id=5429&cls=row3&ncat=TN

rangan_08
18th August 2008, 10:36 AM
Saturday aft'noon saw the foll.films :

KARNAN - Raj

BALEY PANDIA - Kalaignar

OOTY VARAI URAVU - AMN TV

I was just shuttling between the channels :)

Bonus - " MARAKKA MUDIYUM "

Apart from this, Sat & Sun, saw for the first time - Thenum Paalum (VCD) & Avanthan Manidhan (DVD).

Sun eve - marubadiyum "Gowravam" (dvd)

It was a very very contended weekend for me. :)

selvakumar
19th August 2008, 03:37 PM
I saw Marakka mudiyuma last saturday. wow ! Out of the 2 to 3 episodes I saw, this one is the best. Reason is - I got many information and updates.

I am not sure whether I have seen the movie in which NT donned the roles of Nakkeeran and Lord Siva before. Till now, I thought the one played by APN in Thiruvilayaadal is the best one. Never knew that Sivaji had done that already in another movie. His body language, expressions, voice modulation, delivery as old man Nakkeeran was great. However, I didn't like his performance as lord siva in that movie. May be because I have seen the refined version in Thiruvilayaadal.

I would like to see both the things mixed. I mean Nakkeeran Sivaji vs Lord Siva of Thiruvilayaadal . It would be awesome and a visual treat for the eyes. His study on the individual characters is just great. Nakkeeran is not APN, but Sivaji.

Did he guide APN for doing that role or APN did all himself since he is a great creator himself ?

I managed to see the fight in Raja. The one in which he smokes the cigar and starts for the fight. "naan kadan ethuvum vachikirathu illai" :shock: Dialogue, style and everything - boy - didn't this remind the obvious for me as mentioned by others here many times?

Murali Srinivas
19th August 2008, 04:22 PM
Mohan,

You seem to have had a fabulous NT Week end.

Selva,

That was from Naan Petra Selvam (which was also telecast in Sun TV, yesterday night). As you had mentioned, it would be a great spectacle if both are mixed. APN had written for Naan Petra Selvam also. For Raja, it goes without saying. If we have to put it in Thiruvilayadal pattern, then it would be Pirikka Mudiyaadhadhu - NT-yum Style-um.

Regards

Mohan, is Marakka Mudiyuma continuing for the next week? Because I couldn't watch this Saturday.

rangan_08
19th August 2008, 04:33 PM
Mohan,

You seem to have had a fabulous NT Week end.

Actually I didn't expected such a treat. Thoroughly enjoyed every moment.

Mohan, is Marakka Mudiyuma continuing for the next week? Because I couldn't watch this Saturday.

I was eagerly waiting for the closing note - and, YES, it is to be continued for next week also.

selvakumar
19th August 2008, 04:45 PM
Selva,

That was from Naan Petra Selvam (which was also telecast in Sun TV, yesterday night). As you had mentioned, it would be a great spectacle if both are mixed.

I saw around 15 to 20 mins of the movie (From Sivaji coming out of his house to Nambiyar recovering from his treatment). I couldn't see it fully. A costly miss - I think. But from the story and looks of it, what relation does this has ? :confused2: The movie looked like a family drama. Was that shown as a drama within the movie ? Even then, two sivajis :? I must see the movie fully sometime down the line

APN had written for Naan Petra Selvam also. For Raja, it goes without saying. If we have to put it in Thiruvilayadal pattern, then it would be Pirikka Mudiyaadhadhu - NT-yum Style-um.
True. In the previous episode, I saw his performance as King Asoka. The cruelty was in his face right from the word GO. Great indeed ! I think if one starts acting in front of the mirror, they will better understand his skills and how difficult it is to change the expressions, style etc (Acting !!).

On the other day, I was watching 300 (one released last year). The lead actor's performance resembled Sivaji's performance as king. I am not sure whether it is just me who feels so. Not saying that that guy had acted as it is. But the core and the main thread remains the same & the pattern. Most of them might disagree though.

Marakkamudiyuma is continuing next week :)

rangan_08
19th August 2008, 04:57 PM
Was that shown as a drama within the movie ? Even then, two sivajis :?

Your'e right selva. It's a stage play sequence that comes in the film. In the beginning, NT will be a college student, and they stage this play during a college function.

Two Sivaji's - was probably done to make it more interesting, though it's a logical mistake !!

saradhaa_sn
19th August 2008, 07:38 PM
ஐம்பதுகளில் வந்த நடிகர்திலகத்தின் பல படங்களில், ஏதேனும் காரணத்துக்காக (மூன்று, நான்கு காட்சிகள் மட்டுமே வரக்கூடிய) ஓரங்க நாடகங்கள் இடம்பெறுவது வழக்கம்.

அந்த வரிசையில்தான் சாம்ராட் அசோகன், அனார்கலி, ஒதெல்லோ (இரத்த திலகத்துக்கு முன்னரே ஒரு படத்தில் வந்துள்ளது), சேரன் செங்குட்டுவன், சாக்ரடீஸ் இப்படி வந்தபோது, 'நான் பெற்ற செல்வம்' படத்திலும் 'நக்கீரன்' நாடகம் வந்தது. 'தில்லானா'வில் மனோரமா செய்த ரோல், 'கள்வனின் காதலி' படத்தில் ஏற்கெனவே வந்தது நினைவிருக்கிறதா?

கடந்த இரண்டு வாரங்களாக, சன் டிவியில் 'முத்தான படங்கள்' வரிசையில் நடிகர் திலகத்தின் இரண்டிரண்டு படங்கள் ஒளிபரப்பாகின்றன. அந்த வகையில் நேற்று 'நான் பெற்ற செல்வம்', வெள்ளியன்று 'திரிசூலம்'.

'மறக்க முடியுமா' நிகழ்ச்சியின் இறுதியில் நானும் பார்த்தேன்... அடுத்த வாரம் தொடரும் என்று காண்பித்து, மன நிறைவைத் தந்தனர்.

joe
19th August 2008, 08:02 PM
hmm..Nobody there to record and upload 'Marakka mudiyuma?" for the poor souls like me ,who don't have kalainjar Tv access :cry:

rangan_08
20th August 2008, 09:16 AM
hmm..Nobody there to record and upload 'Marakka mudiyuma?" for the poor souls like me ,who don't have kalainjar Tv access :cry:

Just for knowledge sake. What are the tamil channels you are getting there (Singapore ? ) ????

joe
20th August 2008, 09:21 AM

Just for knowledge sake. What are the tamil channels you are getting there (Singapore ? ) ????

Sun TV and Vijay TV .