PDA

View Full Version : Updates on Unnale Unnale fame Vinay

Sinthiya
24th March 2008, 09:34 AM
This thread is dedicated to Unnale Unnale fame Vinay, introduced by Director Jeeva...

[html:7da21c67e2]
http://www.hindu.com/cp/2007/10/26/images/2007102650210901.jpg
[/html:7da21c67e2]

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Actor/vinay/217842.html

:)

Sinthiya
24th March 2008, 09:37 AM
Here is an interview from the model, turned actor, Vinay :)....

Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO1wwJ5itx8&feature=related

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7v5vCA1W30

he speaks very well... :P

raaja_rasigan
24th March 2008, 09:39 AM
Vinay is good looking similar to Sham.... hope he doesn't go the Sham way.

Let me c how he does in Jeyamkondan (his latest film with a different get up to that of unnale unnale)

sarna_blr
24th March 2008, 09:40 AM
my contribution to this thread....

He acted in a telugu film called Vaana which bombed at boxoffice....

Sinthiya
24th March 2008, 09:43 AM
'Jayamkondan' ready to succeed!

After a blockbuster in 'Em Mahan', Sathyjothy Films' will commence their next production venture 'Jayamkondan' on 14 November.

The movie stars Vinay, Lekha Washington and Bhavana in lead roles. Directed by R Kannan, the movie has musical score by Vidyasagar and lyrics by Valee, Na Muthukumar, Kabilan and Yugabharathy.

The grand muhurat will be attended by Tamil Film Producers Council president Rama Narayanan, South India Film Chamber of Commerce president KRG, directors S A Chandrasekhar and Mani Ratnam at AVM Studios.

Sinthiya
24th March 2008, 09:44 AM
[tscii:7d7792517f]Remaking ‘Kadhalika Neramillai’
IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, February 05, 2008]

The buzz making round in Kollywood is that director Manobala has dared to remake the classic comedy fare ‘Kadhalika Neramillai’, directed by Sridhar. The hilarious entertainer was a runaway hit and has been among the favorite of movie buffs till the date.

Manobala is confident that he could recreate the magic with the current bunch of actors. Prithviraj and Vinay are tipped to be selected to play the roles of Muthuraman and Ravichandran respectively. It is believed that Manobala has approached Vadivelu to play the role of either Balaiyah or Nagesh. Vadivelu, according to sources, is yet to give his nod.

The combination of Balaiyah and Nagesh was the highlight of the movie. In fact, the scene depicting Nagesh narrating a horror story to Balaiyah has gained the status of one of the best comedy scenes of Tamil cinema. It is worth recalling that Rajini and Vadivelu have already done a similar scene in ‘Chandramukhi’ with great success.

There has been talk about remaking ‘Kadhalika Neramillai’, ever since the trend of remaking old films started. The makers of ‘Kadhalika Neramillai’ remake can draw inspiration from the success of the remakes like ‘Naan Avan Ilai’ and ‘Billa’.
[/tscii:7d7792517f]

Sinthiya
24th March 2008, 09:48 AM

thanks for your contribution...nice post for a new thread :?

sarna_blr
24th March 2008, 09:51 AM

thanks for your contribution...nice post for a new thread :?

drushtipottu.... :)

Sinthiya
24th March 2008, 10:02 AM
drushtipottu.... :)
seen...hmm...

sarna_blr
24th March 2008, 10:07 AM
SIN....romba feel aavaadheenga....idho... :poke:

http://filbytheboss.blogspot.com/2007/05/weekend-movies-unnaale-unnale-chennai.html

I was having a discussion with couple of my friends at the local Indian store. It was the time when Unnaale Unnaale had just been released and there were some positive reviews for the movie (but they were from websites which never give negative reviews for any movie). I was like "I do not have much hope on Jeeva. His first 2 movies were good at best but nothing spectacular" and they were like "Ullam Kaetkkume was a hit, even after lying in the cans for close to 2 years. That shows the stuff he has and the trailer for U2 is very promising, needless to say about the songs". But finally, we agreed to disagree and concluded that we will meet again after we all have seen the movie. Though the supposed meeting hasn't taken place yet, I am eagerly looking forward to it, just to say "I told you so".

Man, what a crapfest this movie turned out to be. This has to be the dumbest, silliest and most ridiculous movie that I have seen recently. Even movies like Chennai Kaadhal & Deepavali (movies that I hated to the hilt) did not pretend to dwell in detail about relationships. This one while asking itself to be taken seriously in terms of how the relationship called love between 2 people needs to be handled, Jeeva makes a complete joke of himself.

Vinay thinks he can be an actor just bcos he looks good and is tall. Raju Sundaram thinks he can be a comedian just bcos he thinks he speaks Tamil in a funny way. Jeeva thinks that he can make a movie just bcos he has a producer to fund the movie, Harris Jeyaraj to compose some awesome songs and he got permission to shoot in Australia.

Raju Sundaram is one irritating character (it was partly bcos of him that I so disliked Jeans) and I sincerely feel he should be added to the list of folks who should be banned from appearing on screen. Perarasu, Pradeep Rawat, TR - that is one awful list and it is high time we add Raju Sundaram to that list. Many people might dislike different aspects in the movies. Some might not like the romance, some might not like the way the songs were picturized, some might not like Sada. But if there is one thing that everyone would dislike in the movie, it should be the comedy track. Simply disgusting. I really don't know how Jeeva even thought that these supposedly funny scenes would invoke laughter among the public. And there is one scene in the 2nd half that is simply puke-worthy.

If there is one thing in the movie that I would appreciate Jeeva for, it would be the fact that he did not commit the ultimate harakiri of including a fight sequence in the movie. Better movies with better directors have fallen to that temptation but thankfully, Jeeva saves us from that. Cinematographers who take up direction are like wicketkeeper-batsmen that Indian cricket has produced. If we ask ourselves the question, have we ever produced a wicket-keeper batsman who could be included in the team, based on his batting skills alone? the answer would be NO. The ilk of these cinematographers-cum-directors are something similar to that. Jeeva will never be a great director, same would be the case with folks like K.V.Anand, Vijay Milton, Rajeev Menon, P.C.Sriram, Thangar Bachan. They are masters of their field - cinematography but when it comes to direction, they end up being awfully short on quality.

Short advice to Jeeva - Get back to what you do best. And even if you venture into directing a movie, please stay away from dealing with something as intricate as a relationship between a guy and a girl. You stink at it and stop torturing us. Easily my worst movie of the year.

sarna_blr
24th March 2008, 10:09 AM
SIN... wt a contravercial review for the above review...

http://english.ohmynews.com/articleview/article_view.asp?at_code=412071

I've got this thing against breezy romantic comedies which keeps me from watching them -- a kind of mental block which never allows me to surrender completely to the movie.

The thought of listening to teenagers in colorful T-shirts mouthing inane pickup lines to cutie-cutie girls (probably wearing mini skirts) irritates me no end. I would rather suffer through a bout of indigestion than subject myself to three hours of lovers' tiffs.

But, once in a while, I do make exceptions and it usually happens when there is nothing else to watch. It happened a few days back with "Unnaale Unnaale."

Watching a movie in a theater with 300-odd people does something to your senses. The first opinion you form in the hall is probably not your real opinion. You tend to go with the general vibes from the audience and a cinema hall frequently amplifies your sentiment; a good movie feels better and a bad movie makes you want to tear your hair out.

I've found it prudent to let some time pass by before passing judgment. Since I have a prejudice against romantic pseudo-comedies (a genre "Unnaale Unnaale" fits right into), I allowed more than a week to pass by before I put pen to paper.

Sada in Unnaale Unnaale

Story-wise, I'm assuming the script didn't need a rocket scientist. Boy (played by Vinay) loves Girl 1 (Sada). Girl 1 does not like Boy flirting with other girls and finally gives him up as he doesn't change. Sometime after the break up, Boy and Girl 1 meet in Australia by coincidence. Enter Girl 2 (Tanisha), a colleague of Girl 1 who's ready to accept Boy as he is. For the rest, watch the movie.

It's a colorful movie by director-cinematographer Jeeva, made with the teenage audience in mind. It is better than his "Ullam Kaetkume" but doesn't quite reach the levels of his earlier "12B." I can't see any one other than teenagers (and die-hard romantics of the older variety, as well) enjoying the fare.

Freshness ends with Australia being the scene of most of the action. The camera captures the locales well.

The selling point is the music by Harris Jayaraj which has been topping the charts for quite some time now. He has selected some good voices for his numbers and the result is a compendium of fresh and lively numbers. The non-linear narrative has not worked wonders on the screenplay as the script is weak.

Sada has played her role with dignity and grace. With a fine, underplayed performance she proves that she is not just another incredibly cute face. She has managed to keep the extreme reactions which were so noticeable in Anniyan to a minimum. Her character here is similar to the one she played in Priyasakhi, but more subtle and less arrogant.

Tanisha has nothing much to do other than look cute and be cheeky, both of which she has accomplished without much effort. Vinay looks handsome but lacks acting skills. To his credit, he has managed not to look uncomfortable in front of the camera.

The relationship between Vinay and Sada is engaging. They are frequently at loggerheads and you don't have to listen to them whispering or see them smooching around. However, the director seems to lose clarity midway through as the trio gets confused over who they really are in love with. The choice seems to have been tougher for the director than it was for me and it shows. But the ending is actually good. Any other way might have been soppy.

Before I went for the movie, I was wondering on the extent to which two cute girls could actually save an average movie. Apparently, they can work wonders on a halfway decent script. Overall, it's not a bad movie... it keeps you entertained for the time it runs, if you are not the kind who expects originality or smart direction.

Thirumaran
24th March 2008, 10:10 AM
Intha Thread a 3 naalaikku oru murai revive panna vaendiya poruppu sarna vai saernthathu :lol2:

Sinthiya
24th March 2008, 10:11 AM
SIN....romba feel aavaadheenga....idho... :poke:
:lol: ...romba irritate pannaatheenga...:poke:...(i'm just kidding... :oops: :) )

Intha Thread a 3 naalaikku oru murai revive panna vaendiya poruppu sarna vai saernthathu :lol2:
yes, good nomination... :thumbsup:

raaja_rasigan
24th March 2008, 10:14 AM

theerpai mathungal....... 6 mani nerathukku oru murai endru.... yen endral 24 mani neramum hub-ildhane irukkirar.... :lol2:

sarna_blr
24th March 2008, 10:15 AM
//
hi TM anna and SIN...this is not CC to Chat... if u want to chat come to CC...let we discuss here abt Vinay only... not abt SARNA...
:poke:
//

Thirumaran
24th March 2008, 10:17 AM

theerpai mathungal....... 6 mani nerathukku oru murai endru.... yen endral 24 mani neramum hub-ildhane irukkirar.... :lol2:

Intha Topic vachi innum 3 page innaikku intha thread la oatidalaamnu paakureengala :huh:

Paavan Sinthiya vittudalaam :lol2:

raaja_rasigan
24th March 2008, 10:18 AM
//
hi TM anna and SIN...this is not CC to Chat... if u want to chat come to CC...let we discuss here abt Vinay only... not abt SARNA...
:poke:
//

:rotfl: ennamo neenga ella threadlayum urupadiya post panra madhiri, appappo vandhu red signal kudukkureenga :lol2:

Sinthiya
24th March 2008, 10:20 AM
Intha Topic vachi innum 3 page innaikku intha thread la oatidalaamnu paakureengala :huh:

:lol:...yes, spare this thread :P

antha Vinay pic-ah post panreengala, pls?

thamizhvaanan
24th March 2008, 10:22 AM

:lol:...yes, spare this thread :P

antha Vinay pic-ah post panreengala, pls?

adhaan modhal page'la sarna yerkanavey dhrishti vechutaar'la.. :lol2: appram rendavadhu dhrishti edhuku :poke:

Sinthiya
24th March 2008, 10:26 AM
adhaan modhal page'la sarna yerkanavey dhrishti vechutaar'la.. :lol2: appram rendavadhu dhrishti edhuku :poke:
ungala yaaru inga kooptathu?! :roll: ...neenga thaan Thamizh-nu pera vachittu Tamil film section-kke vara maateengale :lol:

though, i know how much you enjoyed UU, considering your in-depth review...:lol2:...

Mahen
24th March 2008, 10:28 AM
Disagree..Cinematographers are good directors bcos they work closely with directors when they were cinematographers...These guys are meticulous and they have a vivid imagination..None of them have disappointed me..
I loved jeeva's 12b and ullam ketkume, kv anand's kana kandein, rajeev' KK,Thangar's azhagi,santhosh sivan's terrorist and ashoka, vijay's AIBI...
All of the movies that i have mentioned above have some kind uniqueness in them which makes them stand out...

thamizhvaanan
24th March 2008, 10:32 AM
ungala yaaru inga kooptathu?! :roll: ...neenga thaan Thamizh-nu pera vachittu Tamil film section-kke vara maateengale :lol:

though, i know how much you enjoyed UU, considering your in-depth review...:lol2:...

Vinay per'la oru thread aarambichu vethala paaku vechu enna azhacha piragum naan varaama irupena :lol2:

annan TM vera 3 page thodanum'nu ilakku vechirukaaru :lol2:

Devar Magan
24th March 2008, 02:31 PM

Vinay per'la oru thread aarambichu vethala paaku vechu enna azhacha piragum naan varaama irupena :lol2:

annan TM vera 3 page thodanum'nu ilakku vechirukaaru :lol2:inge niraya ponnunga varuvaangannu neenga vanthurukkel.. ithu kooda engalukku theriyaatha enna :huh:

raaja_rasigan
24th March 2008, 03:04 PM
:lol:

selvakumar
24th March 2008, 06:07 PM
Mungaaru male remake. hmm.. Any kannada industry hit has a great chance of becoming an utter flop in other languages. E.g., Jogi (PEAS) and this one

ajithfederer
24th March 2008, 09:16 PM
:lol: :rotfl:

Ramakrishna
24th March 2008, 09:19 PM
:lol: :rotfl:

:evil:

thamizhvaanan
24th March 2008, 10:44 PM
annan TM vera 3 page thodanum'nu ilakku vechirukaaru :lol2:inge niraya ponnunga varuvaangannu neenga vanthurukkel.. ithu kooda engalukku theriyaatha enna :huh:yedho namakku interesting'a irukradhu mattum seyrom :lol2: mathabadi ungala madhiri endha unnadha nokkum illa thala :poke:

sarna_blr
26th March 2008, 09:03 AM
[tscii:eed30c4e0d]3 days once revival... :lol2:

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/telugu/musicreview/9677.html

Vaana Music Review Print

Vaana - A ghazal, a remix and MS Raju, make it work
IndiaGlitz [Saturday, December 15, 2007]
The album has eight songs, more than the usual five or six songs. Sumanth Arts has always been associated with good music. So, it is no wonder that MS Raju takes care to give a different sounding album for his debut film as a director. Being a remake of a Kannada film, it does have the touch in a couple of numbers. But barring that, the music director does try to add his touches to bring out an album that would surely be remembered for trying to be off the popular track. However, that is not to say, it does not have the usual fast numbers. In fact, Kamalakar does not shy away from having a remix of Kurisindi vaana as the title track.

Akasa Ganga
Singers: Karthik

You cannot help but feel it’s a Kannada song you are listening to on Vividh Bharati. It is melodious, but has a heavy Kannada touch to it. It sounds like a remix of an old Kannada song. The lyrics are touching, but it feels more like light music. Maybe, it’s what commercial cinema has done to us, but it does feel like it’s from a genre, different from popular cinema.

Yeduta nilichindi choodu

This is another song that is a soft number. It’s a tad bit like a Telugu ghazal. There is Kamalakar’s flute enhancing the mood that the song intends to create. Karthik has a mellow voice that suits the song as it does for the earlier song.

Dolare damadam
Singers: Ranjith

This is a sudden variation from the earlier numbers. It has the beats that one expects from the songs of today’s films. Ranjith sings this energetic song and his voice is very youthful and perfect for this Telugu Bhangra number.

Venta padu
Singers: Chitra

Kamalakar has used the violin a lot for this song. Sung by Chitra, it is a sad number, and the pathos is highlighted because of her lovely voice. This again is a soft number.

Unnatta lenatta
Singers: Ranjith

A remix-style song interlaced with rap, as is the norm these days, this a number sung by Ranjith. It is an interesting number and could find it itself on the charts much before the others.

Muvvante maina
Singers: Mallikarjun

It is another interesting song, where Kamalakar uses his instruments to the best use to give the number a new twist. A few notes are reminiscent of the ’70s songs in some places. Of course, Mallikarjun is as good as ever.

Akasa Ganga (Pathos)

This one feels like a proper orchestra piece, albeit with lyrics included. A sadder version of the first song, this version is surely more appealing.

Sirimalle vaana
Singers: Ranjith, Chitra

It’s the title song and is an ode to the song Kurisindi vaana naa gundelona. But a modern version of it, sung by Ranjith and Chitra. Like in Hindi, our music directors too are seeing sense in giving the old numbers a modern touch. This one’s a perfect example of the adage -- old wine in a new bottle.

Check out the album. You might just start liking it as you hear them more and more.

Cast: Vinay, Meera Chopra

CREDITS:

Music Director: Kamalakar

Lyricist: 'Sirivennela' Sitarama Sastry

Released by: Aditya Music

[/tscii:eed30c4e0d]

Sinthiya
26th March 2008, 09:29 AM
[tscii:555d20263b]3 days once revival... :lol2:[/tscii:555d20263b]
:lol: ....thank you...:notworthy:

sarna_blr
26th March 2008, 09:39 AM
[tscii:8a98b8c867]3 days once revival... :lol2:[/tscii:8a98b8c867]
:lol: ....thank you...:bow:

....பதினாறும் பெற்று பெறும் வாழ்வு வாழ்க.... ( bow செய்ததற்காக... :poke:)

Thirumaran
26th March 2008, 09:44 AM
[tscii:5a29f15430]3 days once revival... :lol2:

[/tscii:5a29f15430]

Naanga ellaam 3 naalula pannura posts neenga orutharae ore naalula pannidureenga :lol2: othukaraen. Athukaaga ippadi thappu kanakku ellaam solla padaathu :lol2:

Long Live Future Mega Giga Star Vinay :victory:

sarna_blr
26th March 2008, 09:55 AM
//dig

24...ஆம் தேதி போஸ்ட்'கு அப்புறம்... 26 ஆம் தேதி நான் போஸ்ட் பண்ணினேன்...
3 days once revival...

கணக்கு சரிதான... :confused2:

//end

sarna_blr
31st March 2008, 09:33 AM
3 days revival... forgot to revive.... I think this is 5th day...

No news on Vinay.... :oops: so no updates :cry2:

sarna_blr
16th May 2008, 09:55 AM
forgot to revive...and no news on vinay... :oops:

Wibha
3rd July 2008, 12:21 AM
Here is an interview from the model, turned actor, Vinay :)....

Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO1wwJ5itx8&feature=related

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7v5vCA1W30

he speaks very well... :P

he does :D

typical bangalore boy :P