PDA

View Full Version : Any doctors/medical students here?

Bipolar
26th March 2008, 01:51 PM
Are there any doctors or medical students here? I would like some information on medical education in India...

pavalamani pragasam
26th March 2008, 02:27 PM
Akil, an old hubber, is a doctor, in UK.

Anoushka
26th March 2008, 04:29 PM
as for medical students, Surya is there too, he rarely comes online these days, exams I guess!

Bipolar
30th March 2008, 07:28 PM
Just to say thanks for your replies.

Shakthiprabha.
16th May 2008, 07:10 PM
Any doctors/students/knowledgeable person here can say

For ear-wax problems, is 'soliwax' a better recommended brand or 'dewax'?

I am told dewax (and experienced too) drains the ears. I have middle ear infection and frequent wax formation for which i use soliwax(Ive been asked by doc to use it frequently to get rid of heavy wax formation) . Another doc I went 2 months back, however advised me to use "dewax".

However I feel very dry in my ears and mild pain too. Is it better to continue 'soliwax' ? I had always (all these years) been comfortable using soliwax.

dev
16th May 2008, 07:27 PM
Naan doc-um illai, studentum illai, intelligent personum illai...;) but my opinion is - it might be that you are either allergic to dewax or it might be too strong for you... Talk to your doc & see if u can get a better alternative...illana go back to soliwax...

Nambikkai irundhaal edhavadhu homeopathy/ayurveda try pannunga SP... konjam long term relief kidaikkum...

Shakthiprabha.
16th May 2008, 07:30 PM
Homeopathy naan edukaren dev, for other reason. I think i should go for this too.

Yeah I am planning to go back to soliwax :(
I am dreading I should not bring myself to get operated again like how it was ages back. IT started with wax and kadaseela they found I had damaged my middle ear with the use of buds and they had to operate it to remove some foreign particle.

:(

dev
16th May 2008, 07:55 PM
Try panni paarunga SP... they should be able to help you out...

Shakthiprabha.
16th May 2008, 07:55 PM
:ty: okei :)

dev
16th May 2008, 08:02 PM
SP, I think i've already mentioned abt Dr.Murugan who has his clinic in Sanjay Nagar... mudinja avarata paarunga...but guess it's too far for you... enakku b'lorela verai homeopathy doctors theriyaadhu... Another doc from cbe used to travel to b'lore once a month or so... many of our friends 7 relatives in coimbatore are his regulars...if U want, I can try to get the details of his next visit, venue etc for you... let me know...

Shakthiprabha.
16th May 2008, 08:48 PM
yeah dev, u had mentioned this doc name long back. I have a doc here, near my place and I am quite happy with his treatment which has been happening for lil more than 2 years or so. Avarkittai ithukkum serthu I would like to try. I would however remember ur recommendation and would contact u if need be :ty: :)

dev
16th May 2008, 10:36 PM
Ok SP... Get cured soon!!!...:)

Shakthiprabha.
18th May 2008, 03:40 PM
Dev,

I switched to soliwax and atleast my ear pain is mitigated :sigh2: My ears dont feel drained anymore, and I can actually feel my ears breathing a bit! (if u know what i mean)

Lambretta
18th May 2008, 07:21 PM
Naan intelligent personum illai...;)
:roll:
Modesty unlimited! :wink: :P :D

Anyways, I personally didnt like dewax. I had it put in my ears around 15 years ago when I was in school......as u said, it hardly lets ur ears 'breathe', makes them all oily on the inside, and the smell is overwhelming.
I rem. just to confirm this I once stuck my finger in my 'dewaxed' ear in class and had one of my classmates sniff it. He then said "chee!!!" :tongueout:

dev
20th May 2008, 07:22 AM
Dev,

I switched to soliwax and atleast my ear pain is mitigated :sigh2: My ears dont feel drained anymore, and I can actually feel my ears breathing a bit! (if u know what i mean)

:roll:

Appo pesaama idhave continue pannunga SP...:)

Sanjeevi
20th May 2008, 11:52 AM
Naan doc-um illai, studentum illai, intelligent personum illai...;) but my opinion is - it might be that you are either allergic to dewax or it might be too strong for you... Talk to your doc & see if u can get a better alternative...illana go back to soliwax...

Nambikkai irundhaal edhavadhu homeopathy/ayurveda try pannunga SP... konjam long term relief kidaikkum...

Add Sidha too. Many of us are underrating old tamil medicines (Sidha)

Shakthiprabha.
20th May 2008, 12:09 PM
Doesn't siddha or ayurveda medicines produce heat? Anyone can throw light ?

Shakthiprabha.
9th June 2008, 02:39 PM
There is a foundation called TANKER (Tamilnadu Kidney Research Foundation), where they treat all kidney related problems free of cost. They even do Dialysis free of cost.

For further Details contact: 044 - 28273407 and 28241635.

Ist Dialysis Unit - Kilpauk
THE REKHA MEMORIAL TANKER FOUNDATION SUBSIDIZED DIALYSIS UNIT
766, Poonamalle High Road ,Kilpauk,Chennai-600010.
Ph: 044-42857272

2nd Dialysis Unit - Ambattur
RENNY ABRAHAM TANKER FOUNDATION AMBATTUR ROTARY SUBSIDIZED DIALYSIS UNIT
IST MAIN Road ,Ambattur Industrial Estate,Chennai-600058.
Ph: 044-42060509..

3rd Dialysis Unit - Madurai
TANKER FOUNDATION MADURAI SUBSIDIZED DIALYSIS UNIT
N.S.Hospital
41, Madakulam Main Road
Palanganatham
Madurai-652003
Ph: 95-452-2373375

Website - http://www.tankerfoundation.com/

Anoushka
9th June 2008, 03:47 PM
Anyone know of a good doctor/clinic (any kind of medicine) for treating allergies in children?

Anoushka
9th June 2008, 03:48 PM
Doesn't siddha or ayurveda medicines produce heat? Anyone can throw light ? I think Ayurveda uses heavy metals. I am not sure about the heat thing!

Bipolar
10th June 2008, 10:52 PM
Anoushka, I wouldn't know of any clinics in Dublin, but in England, there's Great Ormond Street, Birmingham Children's Hospital, etc. Big names! I mean, highly respected hospitals!

By the way, here's a useful site for medical information - http://www.cks.library.nhs.uk/information_for_patients. You may find it useful. I think it's a highly reliable source of information. It's by the National Health Service in England, a reliable source of information.

If you are looking for medical studies published in journals, etc., you can try www.pubmed.gov. But many of the articles are not accessible, unless you have subscription to the journals.

Anoushka
12th June 2008, 07:36 PM
Thank you very much Bipolar :) I checked the links and got a few interesting articles in the second link.

I was hoping to get some info on clinics in India too.

Shakthiprabha.
11th July 2008, 07:09 PM
http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=81

Ive been advised by doctor to consume FLAX SEEDS.

Just READ the benefits it offers.

I think its a good try for all !

Shakthiprabha.
12th July 2008, 07:09 PM
The Organs of your body have their sensory touches at the bottom of your foot, if you massage these points you will find relief from aches and pains. The nerves connected to these organs terminate here. This is covered in great details in Acupressure studies or textbooks. God created our body so well that he made us walk so that we will always be pressing these pressure points and thus keeping these organs activated at all times.

So, keep walking...

Shakthiprabha.
12th July 2008, 07:13 PM
apples

Protects your heart
prevents constipation
Blocks diarrhea
Improves lung capacity
Cushions joints

apricots

Combats cancer
Controls blood pressure
Saves your eyesight
Shields against Alzheimer's
Slows aging process

artichokes

Aids digestion
Lowers cholesterol
Protects your heart
Stabilizes blood sugar
Guards against liver disease

avocados

Battles diabetes
Lowers cholesterol
Helps stops strokes
Controls blood pressure
Smoothes skin

bananas

Protects your heart
Quiets a cough
Strengthens bones
Controls blood pressure
Blocks diarrhea

beans

Prevents constipation
Helps hemorrhoids
Lowers cholesterol
Combats cancer
Stabilizes blood sugar

beets

Controls blood pressure
Combats cancer
Strengthens bones
Protects your heart
Aids weight loss

blueberries

Combats cancer
Protects your heart
Stabilizes blood sugar
Boosts memory
Prevents constipation

broccoli

Strengthens bones
Saves eyesight
Combats cancer
Protects your heart
Controls blood pressure

cabbages

Combats cancer
Prevents constipation
Promotes weight loss
Protects your heart
Helps hemorrhoids

cantaloupes

Saves eyesight
Controls blood pressure
Lowers cholesterol
Combats cancer
Supports immune system

carrots

Saves eyesight
Protects your heart
Prevents constipation
Combats cancer
Promotes weight loss

Enjoy healthy fruits and vegetables!!!

Shakthiprabha.
12th July 2008, 07:24 PM
HEALTHY JUICES

Carrot + Ginger + Apple

Boost and cleanse our system.

Apple + Cucumber + Celery

Prevent cancer, reduce cholesterol, and improve stomach upset and headache.

Tomato + Carrot + Apple

Improve skin complexion and bad breath.

Bitter gourd + Apple + Milk

Avoid bad breath and reduce internal body heat.

Orange + Ginger + Cucumber

Improve Skin texture and moisture and reduce body heat.

Pineapple + Apple + Watermelon

To dispel excess salts, nourishes the bladder and kidney.

Apple + Cucumber + Kiwi

To improve skin complexion.

Pear & Banana

regulates sugar content.

Carrot + Apple + Pear + Mango

Clear body heat, counteracts toxicity, decreased blood pressure and fight oxidization .

Honeydew + Grape + Watermelon + Milk

Rich in vitamin C + Vitamin B2 that increase cell activity and strengthen body immunity.

Papaya + Pineapple + Milk

Rich in vitamin C, E, Iron. Improve skin complexion and metabolism.

Banana + Pineapple + Milk

Rich in vitamin with nutritious and prevent constipation.

___

Intersting combinations!
I am sure its mouth watering too! Try it and see!

dev
14th July 2008, 07:09 PM
Doesn't siddha or ayurveda medicines produce heat? Anyone can throw light ? I think Ayurveda uses heavy metals. I am not sure about the heat thing!

Mercury is used in ayurveda I believe... so its no recommended for infants... To my knowledge, homeopathy is very safe...I have been under homeo care right from childhood... But some say they use alcohol to preserve homeopahy medicines...not very sure abt it...