PDA

View Full Version : Some fun - without offending any

app_engine
2nd April 2008, 01:19 AM
Once we were watching 'oLiyum oliyum' (long time back).

A VJ song was played which starts like 'ஒரு பிருந்தாவனம் எங்கள் வீடானது'. The song is about a happy family. There were these following lines:

'ஒரு பிள்ளை சந்திரன், ஒரு பிள்ளை சூரியன்'

உடனே ஒரு நண்பர் அடித்த கமெண்ட்:

'அப்போ ஒருத்தன் காலையிலும் மற்றவன் ராத்திரியும் காணாப்போயிடுவானுங்களா'?

Please share any such Goundamani like ridicules on TFM song lines, without offending any:-)

Plum
2nd April 2008, 10:46 AM
Simbu sings in manmadan "Kaadhal Valarthaen, Kaadhal Valarthaen".
A friend of mine on seeing the visuals, sings along
"Dhaadi valarthaen, dhaadi valarthaen, balde vaanga kaasillama dhaadi valarthaen".
:-)

mgb
2nd April 2008, 12:09 PM
வீட்டுக்கு வந்த மச்சான்
விளக்கை ஏத்தி வெச்சான்

மச்சான் என்ன electrician'a ?

mgb
29th April 2008, 02:48 PM
உன் விழியும் என் வாளும் சந்தித்தால் ?

கண் நொள்ளக்கண் ஆயிடும் :(

Vivasaayi
29th April 2008, 04:07 PM
thirupahalai paada paada vaai manakum....

mmmm...apuram yenda naye palu velakura

Shakthiprabha.
29th April 2008, 04:10 PM
Can indians(esp tamilians) make fun without offendign anyone? Unfortunately Ive not found many!

Here FUN = SARCASM or MOCKERY!

Vivasaayi
29th April 2008, 04:11 PM
Can indians(esp tamilians) make fun without offendign anyone? Ive not found many!

Here FUN = SARCASM or MOCKERY

idhu kavunder pirandha mannu

inga mathavana kalaichathan comediye... :lol:

Shakthiprabha.
29th April 2008, 04:13 PM
I dont enjoy such comedy vicky!
Comedy should make everybody happy.

Why have fun at the expense of someone else?

I find it CHEAP. I dont enjoy such comedy. Very rarely if such comedy clips are there, i dont fail to appreciate.

Vivasaayi
29th April 2008, 04:16 PM
ok...no problem

MADDY
30th April 2008, 11:08 AM
SP, u r one of those unfortunate ppl. IMO who dont see the comedy in koundar..........

even in the example viv has quoted, he has not exactly made fun of the thiruppugal, he makes fun of the pretentious senthil who suddenly sings this from nowhere.........and yea, comedy has to be based on some funny person isnt it??? Nagesh used to do comedy on himself, so it appeared decent, but koundar blasts senthil - which is y it seems vulgar or repulsive.........

ok, back to topic.......as told by my dad: when i was kid, i used to go bonkers for "raasathi unna" song from "vaidheki kaathirundhaal".....and as the song goes - "pozhudha aagi pochhu, velakkethhi aachu".....my version would be something like this "LKG aachu, UKG aachu" :lol: ......

(bear with mokkai, cos its a 25 yr old joke.....:lol2:)

Shakthiprabha.
30th April 2008, 12:01 PM
SP, u r one of those unfortunate ppl. IMO who dont see the comedy in koundar..........

You are wrong! I do enjoy his occasional impersonal (softer and low-toned) comedy.

even in the example viv has quoted, he has not exactly made fun of the thiruppugal, he makes fun of the pretentious senthil who suddenly sings this from nowhere.........and yea, comedy has to be based on some funny person isnt it???

Like I said, only indians, may be esp Tamilians find COMEDY at the expense of OTHERS. Its nothing to feel great about IMHO :) Occasionally if its done, its fun, TIME AND AGAIN, pulling another person down and showing ur superiority sounds CHEAP (not vulgar no!)

Nagesh used to do comedy on himself, so it appeared decent, but koundar blasts senthil - which is y it seems vulgar or repulsive.........

To be frank, I LOVE watching kaundamani's comedy ( I love his timing) than AUDIBLE irritating vadivelu comedy :evil: He blows my ear drum off.

Now the current trend seem to be U WANNA BE A COMEDIAN, SHOUT UR LUNG OUT :banghead:

I AM ALWAYS a fan of comedy done by

KAMALHASSAN (he is ULTIMATE)
S.V.Shekar
Y.G.Mahendran
Sathyaraj (there would be nakkal but no BELITTLING another)
Paarthiban (again nakkal /SUBTLE sarcasm not audible/open sarcasm)
Rajnikant is okei (it has more to do with his body language)

To all budding comedians,
PLEASE DONT shout when u wanna be comical!
Even if u wanna be sarcastic , pls SUBTLE it down, only then comedy is lifted higher else its PLAIN irritating.

These are my HOs
______

Okei end dign back to all ur jokes :)

karthik_sa2
30th April 2008, 03:29 PM

even in the example viv has quoted, he has not exactly made fun of the thiruppugal, he makes fun of the pretentious senthil who suddenly sings this from nowhere.........and yea, comedy has to be based on some funny person isnt it??? Nagesh used to do comedy on himself, so it appeared decent, but koundar blasts senthil - which is y it seems vulgar or repulsive.........

ok, back to topic.......as told by my dad: when i was kid, i used to go bonkers for "raasathi unna" song from "vaidheki kaathirundhaal".....and as the song goes - "pozhudha aagi pochhu, velakkethhi aachu".....my version would be something like this "LKG aachu, UKG aachu" ......

(bear with mokkai, cos its a 25 yr old joke.....)

yes adhuvum gowndamani'ae poi kalaikra maadhiri kaamika maatanga...senthil edaaavadhu avara poi vambuku izhuthaa dhaan gowndamani react pannuvaar....its like tom n jerry....

app_engine
3rd May 2008, 06:05 PM
Friends,

The Goundamani reference in the intro was only to adopt something similar to make fun using TFM song lines.

So, let's not digress more and get some brilliant fun here:-) (In other words, let's keep our usual comparisons elsewhere in the appropriate forums)

Thanks!

P_R
3rd May 2008, 09:49 PM
Permit me this digression app_engine

Can indians(esp tamilians) make fun without offendign anyone? Unfortunately Ive not found many!

Humour is the Siamese twin of offence.

Let me quote someone who put it much better (http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=914306#914306) than I can ever hope to.

Any humour is sadism. To see someone in a difficult situation (ofcourse, with the knowledge that they will come-out unscathed) is 'humour'.

To put them in a physical discomfort is 'slap-stick', to put them in a intellectual discomfort is the 'dialogue-comedy' and emotional discomfort is 'situational comedy'.

That we take offence only to some offences is a sign of insensitivity - not sensitivity as is widely understood. :P