PDA

View Full Version : Regarding VIBGYOR

sarna_blr
4th April 2008, 10:53 AM
VIBGYOR...Violet, Indigo, Blue and Green, Yellow, Orange and Red.

In the above colours... can anyone tell me which colour will be visible from long distance...violet or red... :confused2:

sarna_blr
4th April 2008, 11:30 AM
yaaarukkaavudhu therinjaa...sollungapaa.... :oops:

Lambretta
4th April 2008, 11:57 AM
I guess it'll be red.....as its "brighter"....? :? :roll:

sarna_blr
4th April 2008, 11:58 AM
Shyam... thanks... but is it true...?

littlemaster1982
4th April 2008, 12:18 PM
Sarna,

Unga office-la google block pannittaangala ;)

raaja_rasigan
4th April 2008, 12:20 PM
LM.. pavam avaru pudhusa yosichu oru thread open panraru... neenga ippadi ellam pesakkodadhu :notthatway:

sarna_blr
4th April 2008, 12:28 PM
:banghead: kElvikku badhil therinja answer pannunga... pls ippadi insult pannaadheenga..:oops:

LM.... google search panni paaththu puriyaama dhaan...inga kEttEn...seriously ungalukku therinja sollunga..pls..:)

anbu_kathir
4th April 2008, 12:40 PM
Violet has the greatest energy among all, since it has the highest frequency. ( E = hv, v being frequency of the Electromagnetic wave, h is the Planck's constant )

Scattering of EM waves depends on the wavelength of the EM wave. Higher the wavelength, lower the scattering. Red has the longest wavelength among all of VIBGYOR( and least frequency/energy). It is the colour which travels longest distance simply because it is not as 'scattered' as the lower wavelength colours.

Thats why red coloured lamps are in use for any important colour based signalling.

Love and Light.

sarna_blr
4th April 2008, 12:44 PM
Violet has the greatest energy among all, since it has the highest frequency. ( E = hv, v being frequency of the Electromagnetic wave, h is the Planck's constant )

Scattering of EM waves depends on the wavelength of the EM wave. Higher the wavelength, lower the scattering. Red has the longest wavelength among all of VIBGYOR( and least frequency/energy). It is the colour which travels longest distance simply because it is not as 'scattered' as the lower wavelength colours.

Thats why red coloured lamps are in use for any important colour based signalling.

Love and Light.

So RED can be more visible than violet from long distance....thanks... can u pls give the link... :D

anbu_kathir
4th April 2008, 12:49 PM
Well, I happened to tell it from memory. You can check in Wiki, but its not clear how and why. ( Try searching for " Scattering of Light " )

Love and Light.

So RED can be more visible than violet from long distance....thanks... can u pls give the link... :D

sarna_blr
4th April 2008, 01:02 PM
Thanks anbu_kathir for giving idea...i am searching...

littlemaster1982
4th April 2008, 01:22 PM
:banghead: kElvikku badhil therinja answer pannunga... pls ippadi insult pannaadheenga..:oops:

LM.... google search panni paaththu puriyaama dhaan...inga kEttEn...seriously ungalukku therinja sollunga..pls..:)

Anbu Kathir sonnadhudhaan correct-aana answer. VIBGYOR is arranged in the order of increasing wavelength. Violet has the lowest wavelength and Red has the highest wavelength. So red can be seen from long distances easily.

Generally you can get most of the doubts cleared through Google. You just need to get the search phrase right. No offence meant in my previous post :D

littlemaster1982
4th April 2008, 01:25 PM
Sarna,

Check this link: http://eosweb.larc.nasa.gov/EDDOCS/Wavelengths_for_Colors.html

raaja_rasigan
4th April 2008, 01:48 PM
No offence meant in my previous post :D

from my side too :exactly:

Lambretta
4th April 2008, 02:00 PM
Shyam... thanks... but is it true...?
As I said, it was a guess from my side......anyways, anbu kathir atha confirm pannitAr..:)

sarna_blr
4th April 2008, 02:09 PM

Anbu Kathir sonnadhudhaan correct-aana answer. VIBGYOR is arranged in the order of increasing wavelength. Violet has the lowest wavelength and Red has the highest wavelength. So red can be seen from long distances easily.

Generally you can get most of the doubts cleared through Google. You just need to get the search phrase right. No offence meant in my previous post :D

Sarna,

Check this link: http://eosweb.larc.nasa.gov/EDDOCS/Wavelengths_for_Colors.html

LM thanks :D .... BTW that post was not for u... :)

sarna_blr
4th April 2008, 02:11 PM
No offence meant in my previous post :D

from my side too :exactly:

neenga comedy'ya ezhudhuneenga... but I seriously posted... :(

raaja_rasigan
4th April 2008, 02:13 PM
Nan indha velayatukke varalai.... neenga eppo comedy agureenga eppo serious agureenganne theriyala :? :wave:

sarna_blr
4th April 2008, 02:20 PM
Nan indha velayatukke varalai.... neenga eppo comedy agureenga eppo serious agureenganne theriyala :? :wave:

:shock: adappaavamE...enna ellaarum thappaavE purinjukkureenga... :(

UngalOda kindal'a comedy'nu sonnEn.... :)
EnnOda indha thread opening'Oda ulnOkkam serious'nu sonnEn....(proper thread theriyaamadhaan confuse aayittu pudhusaa thread open panninEN... 8-)