PDA

View Full Version : NINAIVANJALI - Fellow DFer Jeyanthi Known as JN passed away

From Mars
5th April 2008, 04:59 AM
I regret to inform to you all that the fellow Dfer Jeyanthi, known as Jn, passed away today in Boston.

Mano

rajraj
5th April 2008, 05:25 AM
It is a great loss for all of us.

May her soul rest in peace.

app_engine
5th April 2008, 05:30 AM
Heartfelt condolences to the family members.

I think there were some recent posts by jn in Manisekaran's 'pAdalkaL palavidham' thread. Can't believe:-(

bingleguy
5th April 2008, 07:13 AM
Really missing a very active participating person in PP :(
Deepest condolences to her family .....

May her soul rest in peace .... !!!!

Designer
5th April 2008, 07:54 AM
Very sad news :( I have interacted with her in pp thread for past couple of years and found her a lively person.

My heartfelt condolences to the grieving family members. May her soul rest in peace.

Billgates
5th April 2008, 09:36 AM
Sad to hear about the demise of a fellow hubber. Heartfelt condolences to the bereaved family.

raagadevan
5th April 2008, 09:38 AM
Jn used to be a regular and integral part of Paattukku Paattu and TFM Page from the early days of my participation on these pages. I am saddened to hear this news. May her soul rest in peace!

"mRuthyOmaa amRutham gamayaa..."

pavalamani pragasam
5th April 2008, 10:05 AM
:shock: Just can't believe it! A fellow-Fatimite, a loving mother, a gentle woman with very friendly nature is my image of her. too shocked to express my grief!

sivank
5th April 2008, 12:58 PM
Deepest condolences to her bereaved family

May her soul rest in peace

yvsmani
5th April 2008, 01:25 PM
A great loss for everyone of us and to PS yahoo group. Sent lyrics for so many songs in PS group. She is from my home town and was thinking of meeting her during her proposed visit to India this year. A brave lady who always believes God. My deepest condolences to her family members.

crazy
5th April 2008, 03:16 PM
May her soul rest in peace :notworthy:

great loss to PP :(

vel1970
5th April 2008, 03:30 PM
This is too much... not able to believe.

May Jn's soul rest in peace.

Whether Mani Sir know this news? Jn was very active in Mani's new thread. I am feeling so sad loosing her in our discussions.

madhu
5th April 2008, 04:15 PM

Arthi
5th April 2008, 04:33 PM

Arthi
5th April 2008, 04:35 PM
can't believe that JN is no more with us :cry2:

irir123
5th April 2008, 06:22 PM
may her soul rest in peace

aanaa
5th April 2008, 06:24 PM

Anoushka
5th April 2008, 08:28 PM
may her soul rest in peace.

Ramakrishna
5th April 2008, 09:12 PM
may her soul rest in peace.

TamilMoon
5th April 2008, 09:18 PM
nambavae mudila....

may her soul rest in peace....

littlemaster1982
5th April 2008, 09:20 PM
Rest In Peace.

Manisekaran
5th April 2008, 09:54 PM
madu and rajraj sent me PM on this most unexpected news.
I am indeed saddened by the sudden and unexpected passing of Jeyanthi who had contributed towards the erichment of TFM Page in many ways. Her active participation towards contributing lyrics for many songs, aloong with rajraj would ever be remembered by those of us who had associated with her. She was a silent reader of many of my postings, and came out into the open in the Paadalkal Palavitham thread- almost always posting in Romanised Tamil. The numerous private messages my wife and I exchanged in recent days were most touching. Her love and dedication towards her husband and her concerns for the education of her son were among the last private messages she had sent us. Learning of her failing health my wife and I had invited her to come and rest with us, an offer she had to decline owing to inability to travel long distance.

Calling to remembrance our last communication as follows only wells tears in me:

Dear Sahodari jn,
Most happy to learn that this song was played in your own wedding in Madurai. Therefore this song has remained part and parcel of your married life. Congratulations. No wonder you have been moved to watch the video.
Among all the participants, you are the first to post that this song was played in your wedding.
அம்மா... மஞ்சள் குங்குமத்தோட நீ நீடூழி வாழணும் தாயே .

அண்ணன் மணிசேகரன்

annaa, mikka nanRi. kaNgaL kalangi vittana. nichchayam thangaL vaazhthukkaL ennai vaazha vaikkum.
pazhagiya siRiya kaalaththil ivvalavu paasam mikka aNNan kidaikka naan koduththu vaiththirukka vendum. nanRi enra vaaraththai migavum siRiyadhu. iruppinum veRenna solradhunnu theriyalai.

maNap pandhal padaththil indhap paadal vandhirundhaal, ivvalavu prabalam adaindhirukkaadhu.
ore raagam paadal thagavalai neram varum podhu sollunga. Waiting eagerly for that.

Words fail in edequately expressing how much I miss one whom I had had accepted as more than my own sister.
May Jeyanthi find eternal happiness in the realms above, in the company of those of her beloved who had ascended before her.

A true brother of Jeyanthi
Manisekaran

dinesh2002
5th April 2008, 11:31 PM
R.I.P Jeyanthi, though i do not know u much.......

Om Namah Shivaya ....

Nitya
5th April 2008, 11:32 PM
Jeyanthi aadaranjalikal.

RC
6th April 2008, 12:14 AM
Just got an update from Nandakumar: Viewing/Showing has been scheduled on Sunday between 2 and 4 PM at Hays Funeral Home (www.haysfuneralhome.com) and cremation will on Monday by around 2 PM.

baroque
6th April 2008, 02:30 AM
I don't know her...
May her soul rest in peace!

Priyankak
6th April 2008, 03:14 AM
:shock: I cant believe this.. :( . ooh god!! May her soul rest In peace! :(

rajraj
6th April 2008, 07:40 AM
Condolence message from Balaji and Aruna (bb and rags) :

I am shocked to hear this news. JN-oda PP(paattukku paattu) velayadina natkal ellaam gnabhagathukku varuthu. I even visited here when I went to Boston.
Our deepest condolences to her family.

Shakthiprabha.
6th April 2008, 02:06 PM
Dear rr, mods, others

I have a humble request to be made.

Rather than having temporary threads which may be present for a day or week, to share our love and feelings towards deceased hubbers , let us have a thread for all our dear deceased hubbers, who made an impression in our hub, thro their posts.

Lets dedicate a thread or page for them, with links to some of their interesting or lively chats or talks or informations shared with us.

We can name it "MEMORIES" and let ONLY MODERATORS use it to include links, and names of deceased hubbers, their last posts, the day they joined, the day they departed, interesting infos / messages posted /shared by them etc.

Let no other members other than mods be allowed to post in these threads.

Lets PRESERVE a thread for departed /demised hubbers. This small way we can show our love and fond memories for long long times to come.

Please consider this.

Music4Ever
6th April 2008, 08:57 PM

Nerd
6th April 2008, 09:32 PM
R I P :(

krish244
6th April 2008, 10:32 PM
I dont know her as well. Nevertheless, very sad to hear the demise of a fellow Dfer. May her soul rest in peace.

thanks,

Krishnan

Neel D
7th April 2008, 01:16 AM
Sorry to hear the sad news. May she rest in peace.
My condolences.

NOV
7th April 2008, 05:46 AM
I am devastated.
JN was my one and only (internet) thangai. We used to exchange mails very often and she would send all her family photos. :(

We would refer to our children as marumagan/marumagal and it was not just as surface level.

10 varusha bandham thideer endru ippadi mudiyum endru naan kanavula kooda ninaiththu paarkkala.

kadavul kodumai kaaran.

Thalafanz
7th April 2008, 06:08 AM
Just got to know from NOV anna last night.

May she rest in peace...
My heartiest condolence to her family, relative & all hubbers... :cry2:

nimalan
7th April 2008, 06:36 AM
My deepest condolences to the family and friends of JN, who must have touched the hearts of many. May her soul rest in peace.

NM
7th April 2008, 09:55 AM
Oh! No! I have heard of this! I am deeply saddened by this news of dearest JN akka's passing, who gave me lots of strength and encouragement when my brotehr passed away!!!

My deepest condolences to JN akka's family.

May akka's sopul rests in peace.

Punnaimaran
7th April 2008, 12:00 PM

My condolences to her family.

Punnaimaran

scorpio
7th April 2008, 12:03 PM
Heard the shocking news last night.

Just couldn't believe. Can still recollect the loooooong phone calls JN used to make while I was in the US. May her soul rest in peace!

kalnayak
7th April 2008, 12:51 PM
My Heart-felt condolences to her family. May her soul rest in peace.

RC
7th April 2008, 05:45 PM
It was one of the longest drive for me on Sunday as I drove to the funeral home. My mind kept replaying some of my talks with JN over phone. I took a print out of all the condolence messages posted here until Sunday afternoon.

Nanda extended his thanks to all of TFM-ers who sent their condolences. He also mentioned that Manisekaran & Priya32 had also called him.

The cremation will be between 2 PM and 3 PM. After the 11th day rituals Nanda is planning to visit India with her ashes. :(

saradhaa_sn
7th April 2008, 07:29 PM
Very sad news to hear about the demise of my beloved sister Jayanthi (alias) JN.

She became my friend from the date when I started to post in L.R.Eswari's thread. From that onwards we shared PMs, eventhough not often, but then and there. She will always enquire about my family.

Now really I get shocked to know that she is no more with us.

My sincere condolances to her family.

May my beloved sister Jayanthi's soul rest in peace.

priya32
7th April 2008, 10:46 PM
My prayers are with JN and her family, only God can give them enough strength in order to survive from this great loss on an everyday basis...it is not easy! :(

Thiru
8th April 2008, 09:15 AM
I got the news from Raj over the weekend and I was devastated by the news.. I have known jn for a long time and she's like an elder sister to me.. I cannot forget those days we used to spend in pp or jff.. I have spoken to her a few times on the phone and I knew her son as well. I really dont know what to say... I'm still shell shocked from the news... My heart felt condolences to the family...

SN23
8th April 2008, 10:32 AM
After a brief vaccation I came in to tfmpage. Received a terrible shock to know Jn's passing away. Couple of weeks before also, I sent a mail to her and she replied. Very few lines but it had the warmth of a sister. I just not able to get out of the shock. Request the people who are known to Jn's family, to convey my heartfelt condolences. May God give them enough strength to bear this irreplacable loss.

A quick recall. In one of the communications, I called her Mam. She, with Poi Kovam, screamed at me "Naan Mam??". It followed with lot of laughter. Jn, I miss you very badly.

I just want to share something at this point of time. Sometimes we take position on some views and fight with each other unwarrantedly. Even show vengence against such opponents and shower hatred towards him/her. But these kind of sudden demise will bring a close to everything. Can we continue to hate that person? No, we never realise, but get along with our ego. May God bless us with tender feeling and love to show on others.

Om Sai Sri Sai Jai Jai Sai.

sathyakabali
9th April 2008, 01:13 AM
Shocking to know that our Jayanthi (jn)is no more with us. May God give her family the strength to cope with this tragic loss.
My deepest condolences to her family.

Ramki
9th April 2008, 05:44 AM
JN's husband Mr Nandakumar requested me to
convey his sincere thanks to everyone for their
condolences. Thanks to RC , he read a print
out of all the messages in this thread and deeply appreciates the thoughtfullness of
DF-ers.

vramesh
9th April 2008, 08:33 AM
As a very occasional PP-er, I had interacted with JN and other PP-ers very briefly in 2003 and 2005. She came across as a very warm and cheerful person to all(That she is knowledgeable is also very well known).

After a gap of 3 years I caught up with JN and other pals on Jan 31. It was so nice to be with all the PP friends discussing old times that I even copied our posts into Word as a recollection.

From India I tried to say hello to PP-ers one very early morning(IST) in Feb but by then everyone had left for the day.

It is a great shock and disbelief for me to hear the news :(

She will live forever as a warm and cheerful memory in the hearts of those who knew her. My deep condolences, prayers and well-wishes go out to her family members.

SN23
9th April 2008, 10:19 AM
Sharing the last message from Jn to me. It was on 21-Feb-08. I wanted to speak to her during my last visit, but somehow slipped.
------------

To: SN23
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:39 pm
Subject: Re: Hi
HI SN23,

I don't know much info on old songs. I just listen and love them. I am coming to the thread to learn about old songs. People are so talented and have so much info on songs and artists. Mani anna is a book of great info.
I don't come to tfmpage much nowadays. I mean, threads other than paatukku paatu. pp also, I come rarely.
I live in Massachusetts. Are you in the US too?
Will read all your comments in this thread.

Regards,
jn.

thamiz
28th April 2008, 09:18 PM
I regret to inform to you all that the fellow Dfer Jeyanthi, known as Jn, passed away today in Boston.

Mano

I am very very sorry to know this terrible news, FM and folks! :( :( :(

thamiz
4th May 2008, 10:53 PM
I will share some of my memories from the discussions I had with her during my PP interactions here, which will never go off my mind as long as I live.

We got couple of jasmine plants and roses which are in pots and I did not know how to take care of them during the winter. I could not successfully save a couple of rose plants a year before. During the PP interaction I used to ask such queries to JN and Raj as well.

JN gave me suggestions from how she had been taking care of her plants. I followed those and those really worked.

Those Jasmine plants are still healthy and alive as I followed her suggestions! :(

madhu
4th April 2009, 04:32 AM
:bow: :( :bow:

On the First Anniversary of our JN's departure ..

:bow:

ksen
4th April 2009, 01:04 PM
:( :notworthy:

crazy
4th April 2009, 02:24 PM
:bow: :( :bow:

Shakthiprabha.
4th April 2009, 02:35 PM
May be soul rise blissfully :bow:

punarapi jananam
punarapi maranam
punarapi jananee jatarE shayanam
iha samsaarE bahu dhustarE
krupaya paarE paahi muraarE

priya32
4th April 2009, 09:55 PM
திருமதி ஜெயந்தி நந்தகுமார் அவர்கள் & குடும்பத்தினர்...அன்றும், இன்றும், என்றும் நினைவிலும் & பிரார்த்தனையிலும்!

:bow:

NOV
5th April 2009, 07:32 PM
நினைப்பதெல்லாம் நடந்துவிட்டால்
தெய்வம் ஏதுமில்லை
நடந்ததையே நினைத்திருந்தால்
அமைதி என்றுமில்லை
முடிந்த கதை தொடர்வதில்லை
இறைவன் ஏட்டினிலே
தொடர்ந்த கதை முடிவதில்லை
மனிதன் வீட்டினிலே

எங்கே வாழ்க்கை தொடங்கும்
அது எங்கே எவ்விதம் முடியும்
இதுதான் பாதை இதுதான் பயணம்
என்பது யாருக்கும் தெரியாது
பாதையெல்லம் மாறிவரும்
பயணம் முடிந்துவிடும்
மாறுவதைப் புரிந்து கொண்டால்
மயக்கம் தெளிந்துவிடும்

pavalamani pragasam
5th April 2009, 07:46 PM
pasumai niRaintha ninaivukaLE
paadith thirintha paRavaikaLE
pazagik kaLiththa thOzarkaLE
paRanthu selkinROm

She was particularly fond of me as a fellow Maduraite and for the same alma mater! A very gentle, lovable soul. Even asked me to convey her prayers to our deity-"Meenakshiyai visaariththathaa sollunga". Unforgettable are my interactions- few may be- with her! :cry: