PDA

View Full Version : Dhaam Dhoom by Harris Jayaraj!!!

Madevan94
18th April 2008, 10:44 AM
Today HJ and late jeeva dhaam dhoom is releasing..

MumbaiRamki
18th April 2008, 01:11 PM
Just heard two songs in Dhaam Doom in 92.7 (chennai) ..

1. It starts Pudhu Pudhu ....

Lazy ,careless , dialogue like crooning ( may be situational) mixed by Rap .. Bit different from HJ we have heard.. Minmal Hip Hop/ Rap orchestration ....

It may grow on multiple hearings, but i felt it was just Ok song on first hearing ..

2. THikku THikku nu
Similar to that bit song in unnale Unnale ( sung at the marriage fn ) in slow hip hop format, mixed with Dhoom Dhoom humming ..Same hip-hop/ rock style ..Quite similar orchestration as that of the previous song..But much more catchy !

inetk
18th April 2008, 03:26 PM
http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2008/04/18/dhaam-dhoom-tamil-harris-jayaraj/

dinesh2002
18th April 2008, 09:29 PM
Pudhu Pudhu is mindblowing!!! :) very very very catchy...... every youth will be attracted to this....

Sakiye sounds very nice...but the chorus simply reminds me of "Rangoli" chant of Munbe vaa....

Azhiyilae is also nice....

The rest.... i have no comments....

littlemaster1982
18th April 2008, 09:36 PM
Aazhilyile and Sakiyae is good though the former reminds me Kaiyil Midhakkum from Ratchagan.

All the songs sound familiar :roll:

kb
19th April 2008, 12:56 AM
pudhu pudhu reminds me a salsa song which was very famous 3 yrs back.. 3 girls dance on table in beach...

one thing i like with HJ is that his songs are never loud and noisy.. soft and mild beats

baba88
19th April 2008, 02:05 AM
The beginning of Anbe En Anbe is inspired by Loosu Penne from Vallanvan.

The beginning of Aliyile reminds me a bit of Theenana Munnana from Desam beginning

The chorus of Thiku Thiku song is inspired by Smack That of Akon.

karthik_sa2
19th April 2008, 03:31 AM
ippo dhaan album release aachu adhukula aarambichitingala :lol: avan thirundhamaataan edhuku neengal'am thevai illaama...but eppadi irrundhaalum album hit aagidum... :? :roll:

vibinrajmani
19th April 2008, 07:45 AM
could anyone be kind enough to explain the "Aazhiyile" song? It sounds beautiful but what does it mean? :wink:

Although my tamil is adequate at best, I just can't comprehend the big words or the poetic ones for that matter. :huh:

Mahen
19th April 2008, 10:11 AM
Being a jeeva-harris combo, i think daam dhoom is way below 12B,unale unale and ullam ketkumae..MAybe the demise of jeeva affected his compositions..

Mahen
19th April 2008, 10:15 AM
pudhu pudhu reminds me a salsa song which was very famous 3 yrs back.. 3 girls dance on table in beach...

one thing i like with HJ is that his songs are never loud and noisy.. soft and mild beats

Las ketchup-the ketchup song? :D

Madevan94
19th April 2008, 02:29 PM
Only 3 songs out of the 6 are hj standard..
Anbe en anbe sakiyae and azhiyilae outstand..
uyilalo is rehash of his konjam konjam from munna..
Puthu puthu will be better on screen...
Thikku thikku is just an ok numberr..
average album from hj..

interz
19th April 2008, 03:32 PM
I agree with Madevan94 about the three songs which are good.

Aazhiyile must be the song thats supposed to sound like a song in 1950.

Harris Jeyaraj has the ability make songs sound simple but Superb.

mahen01
19th April 2008, 04:45 PM
vibinrajmani

(could anyone be kind enough to explain the "Aazhiyile" song? It sounds beautiful but what does it mean? "
Although my tamil is adequate at best, I just can't comprehend the big words or the poetic ones for that matter)

Is it that hard to follow the song? There is no big words. Its in plane Tamil and I dont find any difficulties to follow it. And its very much easier to follow than meaningless and kochai Tamil songs.

vibinrajmani
19th April 2008, 06:54 PM
vibinrajmani

(could anyone be kind enough to explain the "Aazhiyile" song? It sounds beautiful but what does it mean? "
Although my tamil is adequate at best, I just can't comprehend the big words or the poetic ones for that matter)

Is it that hard to follow the song? There is no big words. Its in plane Tamil and I dont find any difficulties to follow it. And its very much easier to follow than meaningless and kochai Tamil songs.

really?? :roll: I seriously have no idea :roll: Sorry, tamil is not my first language. I'm just trying to improve my tamil :wink:

For example, what does "aazhiyile" mean? what about " un vinnenra kannathil, dhimmenra nenjathil, ichenru ithazh vaikkava, ichaikkor ilai vaikkava, un unnenra sollukkum, nimmenra sollukkum,
ippodhu thadai vaikkava, mounathil kudi vaikkava" I think those are the words from what I could comprehend from the song.

app_engine
20th April 2008, 12:27 AM
vibin, 'Azhi' = 'kadal' or 'samuththiram' (sea/ ocean) :)

vibinrajmani
20th April 2008, 01:29 AM
vibin, 'Azhi' = 'kadal' or 'samuththiram' (sea/ ocean) :)

thanks :D I thought aazhi had something to do with depth or something.

july
20th April 2008, 08:36 PM
what "lock up" guna doing in pudhu pudhu song..
hahhaha
In kuruvi YogiB & NAtchatra rocking..
In Dhaam Dhoom its Guna..
Malaysia talent going out!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks to YBN - Vallavan Album.
:D

*Dr.Burn voice can be heard at theme music for Vijay..doesnt its a great ??? :lol:

vigneshram
21st April 2008, 10:13 PM
My review of Dhaam Dhoom

http://vigneshram.blogspot.com/2008/04/dhaam-dhoom-harris-jeyarajs-new.html

SoftSword
22nd April 2008, 07:49 PM
just got a glimpse of the songs...
i guess every song has some potential to become a hit...
as said... no song is so loud and irritating...
the only thing i love in HJ's songs...
too many melodies...

anbae enanbae song reminds me the GVP's minnalgal song from Pollaadhavan...

and the pudhu pudhu song...
is a tamil version of Las Ketchup... SURE