PDA

View Full Version : Subramaniyapuram (Music: James Vasanthan)

inetk
10th May 2008, 09:57 AM
[tscii:3e67597065]TV veteran James Vasanthan’s composing debut is definitely peppered with promise, albeit only sparsely! Don't miss the Reetigowlai-based 'Kangal irandaal'!
http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2008/05/10/subramaniyapuram-tamil-james-vasanthan/[/tscii:3e67597065]

Vaz
10th May 2008, 06:33 PM
Have been hooked to Kangal Irandaal... beautiful song... with decent/nice orchestration. But unfortunatly the rest of the songs are not upto the mark...

vel
14th July 2008, 03:39 PM
heartfelt thanks and congrats james vasanthan - kangal irandal is a nice song i have heard in TFM after a long long wait (yes there were so many melodies but all looked very forced and sort'a fake...this song is right up the standard of vidyasagar's poi solla koodaathu kaadhali...) James and Vidyasagar are good promises for the tfm 's future...

app_engine
15th July 2008, 12:36 AM
Happened to see the thirai vimarsanam for this in Sun TV. 'kangaL iraNdAl' is an instantly catchy song! (Though the percussion sounds are too "ordinary" to my ears). The raga connection with 'sinnakkaNNan azhaikkiRAn' probably gave me the 'engEyO kEtta' impression when this tune is played partly in the BG frequently.

And yes, ofcourse, the scene of 'siRu ponmaNi' was really enjoyable for the music. That this director didn't choose some other hugely popular 80's number but this song (somewhat popular those days but not as much as other BR numbers, though very close to those who followed IR from the beginning) shows his class...should watch the movie when available in DVD.

app_engine
15th July 2008, 12:40 AM
Digression-
And I wish someone release the 'siRupoN maNi asaiyum' with similar clarity -i.e. as heard in this movie- on a CD. The copy that I got from some HMV collection was really pathetic:-(
End-digression

vel
15th July 2008, 12:16 PM
app_engine - chinna kannan pallavi mostly uses the arohanam/avarohanam of reethigowlai to perfection - so when music directors use the scale to perfection, you cant miss the resemblence to 'chinna kannan azhaikiran' - the only song which least resembled the characteristic reethigowlai contours but was a remarkable effort was 'meetaadha oru veenai' from poonthottam...splendid song that.

A.ANAND
18th July 2008, 07:25 AM
kangal irandal beatifull melody but engeyo ketta mathiri irukku.'partha muthal nalee'song
mendum ketta mathiri oru feeling!

bingleguy
18th July 2008, 09:35 AM
asathalAna paatu .... kangaL irandum .....

mettu reminded me of the song sangeedha swarangal from the movie Azhagan ... but lovely song - i ve been hearing that song over n over again ! :-) :thumbsup:

Shankar
18th July 2008, 01:44 PM
>>>>
kangal irandal beatifull melody but engeyo ketta mathiri irukku.'partha muthal nalee'song
mendum ketta mathiri oru feeling!

<<<
It would sound more like thalaiyai kuniyum thAmarayE (there's a flute interlude in this song which is the same as thalaiyai), chinna kaNNan azhaikkirAn. They are all based on reeti gowLai.

This is a very original, simple and good song.

thamizhvaanan
29th September 2008, 10:36 PM
I always get the feeling this song has inspirations from the title music of surabhi that used to be telecasted in DD. And also some sort of deja vu w.r.to thenmerku paruva kaatru song.

R.Latha
4th November 2008, 10:01 AM
james vasanthan interview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tBCX4quCQI&feature=related

kangal irandal singers (BENNY RAJ & Deepa Mariam)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKkczwWZN9A&feature=related

app_engine
21st February 2009, 01:33 AM
[tscii:17b2618853]http://www.hindu.com/fr/2009/02/20/stories/2009022051150400.htm
From this article :

===========
One of the teams who jumped at the chance to appear on the show was the team behind the hit Tamil number ‘Kangal Irandal …’ in the movie ‘Subramaniapuram,’ which was a big hit in Kerala too.

On hand to talk about their experience was Sasikumar, Vasanthan and and singers Deepa Miriam and Bellie Raj. “Sasikumar talked about how he spent months researching on and recreating the milieu of 1980’s Madurai, in which the film is set. Of how he went through hundreds of wedding albums and VHS tapes and found Lambretta scooters, single-steering cycles and auto buses dating back to that decade, all for the sake of authenticity. While Vasanthan and the others talked about how they got their breaks,” remarks Siddique about the upcoming episode.
===============

[/tscii:17b2618853]

chocktalk
21st February 2009, 04:57 AM
belly raj cannot sing, this song was supposed to be sung by Krish and james vasanthan has quoted this, it would have been even better if he had sung. Belly raj range is limited

Kumarappa
19th March 2009, 10:12 PM
Meanwhile, James Vasanthan's next album is following: He has composed for the film Pasanga, audio launch is on 25th March.

Pasanga audio launch on March 25

Sasikumar of Subramaniapuram fame is back with his next film as producer with Pasanga.

It is directed by Pandiraj, an assistant of director Cheran. The team of Pasanga recently met Dr. Kamal Haasan at his office to invite him for a grand audio launch to be held on 25th March at Satyam cinemas.

The music album is to be released by veteran singer Dr. Balamurali Krishna and will be received by Kamal Haasan on the dais. The trailer will also be released in the same event by Kamal and director Ameer.

How a 10-year-old-boy brings a sea change in the aspirations of the whole school in which he studies has been narrated in a gripping manner bringing to light the sorrow, emotions and joy among children.

James Vasanthan is the music director and Ashok is the co.producer of Pasanga. The cast has Anbu, Jeeva, Manonmano, Pakkada, Kutty Mani, Jayprakash, Mangalam, Sivakumar. Sujatha among others.

Source: http://sify.com/movies/fullstory.php?id=14872529

Waiting for the next "Kangal Irandal"!

rajaalltheway
27th March 2009, 09:43 PM
After listening to PASANGA it seems JV deserves a seperate thread.

viraajan
27th March 2009, 10:13 PM
Pasanga songs are being discussed in this given thread :D

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=1736877#1736877

Album is good! :musicsmile: