PDA

View Full Version : Kamal - Creator vs Actor

irir123
23rd May 2008, 02:15 AM
[tscii:6c096d319a]http://entertainment.in.msn.com/southcinema/article.aspx?cp-documentid=1366172

"Novelty was supposed to be Kamal’s USP. Behind that popular façade was a narrow-minded formula aimed purely at hoodwinking the critic. Discerning observers knew that he was a predictable actor. Beneath the makeup the midget cried exactly like the lunatic. The revelation that Kamal had never ever ventured beyond mimicking was a painful one indeed. The actor continued his affair with trophies and citations, but the interest he generated seemed as artificial and forced as his work. Predictability became a predicament with the not-too-blinded Kamal Haasan fan. He always knew what his hero was going to do next."

"‘Hey Ram’. A courageous foray into a ‘forbidden’ topic, the film could very well merit the king’s crown among India’s period features. Kamal Haasan, the actor, was skin deep as always. The French Kiss fetish was still there. So was self-love. But the real gift was the final slide of the opening titles that gave the hitherto “interfering actor” the credit for the creatives."

"Kamal had been an idol that refused to accompany me from my childhood to teenage. Somewhere along the way, I stopped being a Kamal devotee. The “great range” seemed to be a contrived career strategy. And the man had, by then, resorted to veiled mimicking and fancy dress shows on screen. Gum shields for ‘Nayakan’, protruding canines and jelly belly for ‘Indran Chandran’, the “unknown trick” behind the Apu midget… Kamal Haasan was fast moving out of the actor’s realm into that of the street magician."[/tscii:6c096d319a]

kalyan
23rd May 2008, 04:53 PM
mods, please delete this post. the author in microsoft is strongly anti-kamal and he has expressed his hatred for kamal's acting. the same link was also posted in the Orkut KH community about 15 days back and it was promptly deleted. both bala and DM know about this.

[tscii:e90e79f89a]http://entertainment.in.msn.com/southcinema/article.aspx?cp-documentid=1366172

"Novelty was supposed to be Kamal’s USP. Behind that popular façade was a narrow-minded formula aimed purely at hoodwinking the critic. Discerning observers knew that he was a predictable actor. Beneath the makeup the midget cried exactly like the lunatic. The revelation that Kamal had never ever ventured beyond mimicking was a painful one indeed. The actor continued his affair with trophies and citations, but the interest he generated seemed as artificial and forced as his work. Predictability became a predicament with the not-too-blinded Kamal Haasan fan. He always knew what his hero was going to do next."

"‘Hey Ram’. A courageous foray into a ‘forbidden’ topic, the film could very well merit the king’s crown among India’s period features. Kamal Haasan, the actor, was skin deep as always. The French Kiss fetish was still there. So was self-love. But the real gift was the final slide of the opening titles that gave the hitherto “interfering actor” the credit for the creatives."

"Kamal had been an idol that refused to accompany me from my childhood to teenage. Somewhere along the way, I stopped being a Kamal devotee. The “great range” seemed to be a contrived career strategy. And the man had, by then, resorted to veiled mimicking and fancy dress shows on screen. Gum shields for ‘Nayakan’, protruding canines and jelly belly for ‘Indran Chandran’, the “unknown trick” behind the Apu midget… Kamal Haasan was fast moving out of the actor’s realm into that of the street magician."[/tscii:e90e79f89a]

Devar Magan
23rd May 2008, 07:05 PM
mods, please delete this post. the author in microsoft is strongly anti-kamal and he has expressed his hatred for kamal's acting. the same link was also posted in the Orkut KH community about 15 days back and it was promptly deleted. both bala and DM know about this.

[tscii:aa299bfd2d]http://entertainment.in.msn.com/southcinema/article.aspx?cp-documentid=1366172

"Kamal had been an idol that refused to accompany me from my childhood to teenage. Somewhere along the way, I stopped being a Kamal devotee. The “great range” seemed to be a contrived career strategy. And the man had, by then, resorted to veiled mimicking and fancy dress shows on screen. Gum shields for ‘Nayakan’, protruding canines and jelly belly for ‘Indran Chandran’, the “unknown trick” behind the Apu midget… Kamal Haasan was fast moving out of the actor’s realm into that of the street magician."[/tscii:aa299bfd2d] kalyan, ithu HUB.. inge naanum, bala-vums MODs illai..

inge konjam adjust panni thaan poganum.. ingeyum, namma control irunthuchunaa bore adikumla..

joe
23rd May 2008, 07:19 PM
kalyan, ithu HUB.. inge naanum, bala-vums MODs illai..

inge konjam adjust panni thaan poganum.. ingeyum, namma control irunthuchunaa bore adikumla..
:D

rajasaranam
23rd May 2008, 09:49 PM
[tscii:dbb064d4bf]http://entertainment.in.msn.com/southcinema/article.aspx?cp-documentid=1366172

"Kamal had been an idol that refused to accompany me from my childhood to teenage. Somewhere along the way, I stopped being a Kamal devotee. The “great range” seemed to be a contrived career strategy. And the man had, by then, resorted to veiled mimicking and fancy dress shows on screen. Gum shields for ‘Nayakan’, protruding canines and jelly belly for ‘Indran Chandran’, the “unknown trick” behind the Apu midget… Kamal Haasan was fast moving out of the actor’s realm into that of the street magician."[/tscii:dbb064d4bf]

Excellent writeup...I like it en karuthugalodu othu Poguthu nerayavae :)

ajithfederer
23rd May 2008, 09:59 PM
IMHO, This guy seems to be lesser known of other great performances like sappani, Kuruthipunal, Moonram pirai, mahanadhi, heyram, VNS, MMKR, Nizhalgal, Sathileelavathi and many more. Nottai sollanumne ezhuthuvanuga pola irukku 8-)

[tscii:04db7d8a62]http://entertainment.in.msn.com/southcinema/article.aspx?cp-documentid=1366172

"Kamal had been an idol that refused to accompany me from my childhood to teenage. Somewhere along the way, I stopped being a Kamal devotee. The “great range” seemed to be a contrived career strategy. And the man had, by then, resorted to veiled mimicking and fancy dress shows on screen. Gum shields for ‘Nayakan’, protruding canines and jelly belly for ‘Indran Chandran’, the “unknown trick” behind the Apu midget… Kamal Haasan was fast moving out of the actor’s realm into that of the street magician."[/tscii:04db7d8a62] kalyan, ithu HUB.. inge naanum, bala-vums MODs illai..

rajasaranam
23rd May 2008, 10:07 PM
IMHO, This guy seems to be lesser known of other great performances like sappani, Kuruthipunal, Moonram pirai, mahanadhi, heyram, VNS, MMKR, Nizhalgal, Sathileelavathi and many more. Nottai sollanumne ezhuthuvanuga pola irukku 8-)

Growing out of being the fan of 'kamal the Actor' and embracing 'kamal the Creator/Director' is Nottai Sollufying for you :notworthy:
After Reading the synopsis itself i knew KSR'kkum intha padathukkum entha sambandhamum illa. 'My foot he doesnt know about parallel universes travelling across space-time et all' Appadinnu Kathanum pola irukku!!! 4th dimesionna ennannu KSR kitta kaetta ithukku badhil kedaichudum :P Aanalum Kamal the creator is going and hiding behind the kamal the actor and pushing KSR to the forefront. Ennathukku Ivalo Bayapadraarnnu thaan puriya maatenguthu :confused2:

selvakumar
23rd May 2008, 10:12 PM
RS,
neenga thaan antha article ah ezhuthunatha :roll:

ajithfederer
23rd May 2008, 10:13 PM
If you can read the entire article from a kamal hater prism you can understand what i say :notworthy: . Otherwise no point in discussing :wave:

Growing out of being the fan of 'kamal the Actor' and embracing 'kamal the Creator/Director' is Nottai Sollufying for you :notworthy:

rajasaranam
23rd May 2008, 10:13 PM
RS,
neenga thaan antha article ah ezhuthunatha :roll:

:lol: Kittathatta naan ezhuthina maathiriyae irukku :oops:

irir123
23rd May 2008, 10:16 PM
rajasaranam - while that article did have some valid points, IMO, it was also a veiled personal attack against Kamal! even more irritating was the repeated reference to better actors in Indian cinema, even without mentioning their names or making an attempt to compare and contrast acting styles! halfway through the 1980s, kamal had already traversed/covered every emotion/expression possible on screen - hence it was his choice to foray into creative roles using makeup as a prop! do you really think Kamal ought to have stuck to family melodramas a la K.Balachander style ?

what most people dont understand is the fact that unlike Hollywood, we just do not have an entire plethora of filmmakers with challenging scripts - for example, Clint Eastwood could afford talents like Tim Robbins, Sean Penn in MYSTIC RIVER, only coz, there are tons of interesting scripts like 'Mystic..' - therefore, for Kamal to go beyond what is widely perceived as ordinary as far as Indian cinema is concerned, it was necessary to indulge in stuff like makeup/prosthetics etc at the risk of being called gimmicky. But to dismiss him as a poor clone of Hollywood stars is unwarranted - without giving due credit to his actual range

unlike most stars in india, probably kamal is one of the few who has constantly faced criticism and yet constantly tried to overcome the same - for ex 'Alavandhan' mite have been a goofup in terms of screenplay etc, but I found the character NANDU a new frontier explored by kamal

the fact is we dont have someone like martin scorcese (who cud exploit de nero so convincingly in Raging Bull or Taxi driver etc) or a coppola to exploit pacino/de niro or any of their likes to make masterpieces with someone of Kamal's talent - its as simple as that! even if someone were to have the ability to make a movie with an interesting script, its gonna fail coz, howsoever hard it might be to accept, we dont have an adequately cinema literate audience! why we dont even have enuf no of people who read quality literature!

given this context, the very fact that kamal has straddled such a thin line is amazing!

"vaazhndhaalum yesuvaargal! thaazhndhaalum yesuvaargal"

rajasaranam
23rd May 2008, 10:16 PM
If you can read the entire article from a kamal hater prism you can understand what i say :notworthy: . Otherwise no point in discussing :wave:

He has duly acknowledged Kamal the creator as his 11th Avatar i dont find anything in his article to round him off as Kamal Hater! ?Oruvelai naanum Kamal hater thaano :evil:

ajithfederer
23rd May 2008, 10:20 PM
:exactly:

IMHO, The lack of excellent scriptwriting and directorial talent within TFM and in India has made Kamal to don those extra roles as well.

rajasaranam - while that article did have some valid points, IMO, it was also a veiled personal attack against Kamal! even more irritating was the repeated reference to better actors in Indian cinema, even without mentioning their names or making an attempt to compare and contrast acting styles! halfway through the 1980s, kamal had already traversed/covered every emotion/expression possible on screen - hence it was his choice to foray into creative roles using makeup as a prop! do you really think Kamal ought to have stuck to family melodramas a la K.Balachander style ?

what most people dont understand is the fact that unlike Hollywood, we just do not have an entire plethora of filmmakers with challenging scripts - for example, Clint Eastwood could afford talents like Tim Robbins, Sean Penn in MYSTIC RIVER, only coz, there are tons of interesting scripts like 'Mystic..' - therefore, for Kamal to go beyond what is widely perceived as ordinary as far as Indian cinema is concerned, it was necessary to indulge in stuff like makeup/prosthetics etc at the risk of being called gimmicky. But to dismiss him as a poor clone of Hollywood stars is unwarranted - without giving due credit to his actual range

unlike most stars in india, probably kamal is one of the few who has constantly faced criticism and yet constantly tried to overcome the same - for ex 'Alavandhan' mite have been a goofup in terms of screenplay etc, but I found the character NANDU a new frontier explored by kamal

the fact is we dont have someone like martin scorcese (who cud exploit de nero so convincingly in Raging Bull or Taxi driver etc) or a coppola to exploit pacino/de niro or any of their likes to make masterpieces with someone of Kamal's talent - its as simple as that! even if someone were to have the ability to make a movie with an interesting script, its gonna fail coz, howsoever hard it might be to accept, we dont have an adequately cinema literate audience! why we dont even have enuf no of people who read quality literature!

given this context, the very fact that kamal has straddled such a thin line is amazing!

ajithfederer
23rd May 2008, 10:23 PM
Selva :shock:

Read the 1st paragraph again. Infact even i thought so when i read the article sometime before and only after Bala's post and other fellow kamal fans in orkut i realized the bitter sarcasm.

The article author has taken a dig at Kamal's inspired roles of Nayagan, Guna and some more leaving away his other exceptional performances and on top of it he has named the article as Kamaleon similar to chameleon. Isn't that enough evidence that he is a kamal hater/basher :twisted:

The author's references to kamal's priorities on religion, marriage etc speaks volumes on his / her quality. Yes, he is not a kamal hater :)

selvakumar
23rd May 2008, 10:23 PM
Oruvelai naanum Kamal hater thaano :evil:
neenga kamal fan ah :shock: :omg:

selvakumar
23rd May 2008, 10:25 PM
Read the 1st paragraph again. Infact even i thought so when i read the article sometime before and only after Bala's post and other fellow kamal fans in orkut i realized the bitter sarcasm.

:shock:
Ungalukku en reply puriyalayaa :(

ajithfederer
1) Idhu peria vishayam, paarunga :lol:
2) I dont know your history in hub. You better ask your question in front of the mirror :P

1) He has duly acknowledged Kamal the creator as his 11th Avatar i dont find anything in his article to round him off as Kamal Hater! ?
2) Oruvelai naanum Kamal hater thaano :evil:

rajasaranam

Kozhandaiyum Killittu thottilayum aattreenga 8-)

Well kamaloda Acting Talentkku theeni poda inga neraiya paer irukaanga. Aana avar atha vittu veliya vanthu Director aaganumndrathu thaan inga oru minority gang'oda Aim. :oops:

Yes NANDU was one of his best creations. Padam Paartha odane en comment ithuthaan 'Nandu' Characteraa avar paly pannittu Thambiyaa vera oru sappai hero'va poattu padam eduthu iruntha Screenplay'la entha kozhapamum vanthu irukaathu 'Yaar Heronnu Kamalukku Conpeesan irunthu irukaathu' . Avar play panrathu Anti-hero characternnu therinji irukkum. DARR/BAAZIGAR mathiri padam super hit aagi irukkum.
Kamaloda kuzhapangal thodangrathu engannu naanga (Athey Minority Gang thaan) oru theory vechu irukkom...Atha pathi neraiya vaatti intha hub'la kooda discuss panniyaachu Aana Majority Ganga thalaivar vida maattommnnu adam pudikraanga...enna Seiyya :huh:

ajithfederer
23rd May 2008, 10:26 PM
Naan oru teeblite-u. peerira madhiri sollunga :oops: :ashamed:

:shock:
Ungalukku en reply puriyalayaa :(

P_R
23rd May 2008, 10:27 PM
[tscii:63355c7cff]
But the real gift was the final slide of the opening titles that gave the hitherto “interfering actor” the credit for the creatives." What the hell is that supposed to mean ?

He walks and runs like Sylvester Stallone.
When it gets brassy, Rajesh Khanna is invoked.
When it is violence, Bruce Lee is resorted to.
:lol: As GM says ..."thambi....poi sollalAm aanaa acre kaNakkula solla koodAdhu"

His portrayals seldom lead you to the psychological labyrinths of the character he plays. pala padangaLai aNNan choice-la vitturukkaaple.

To say that the actor overshadows the writer/director is one thing. But to diss the actor to make the point is...funny.

Anyway the best line of the article was

“I cannot be a destructive critic of Kamal Haasan, coz, I am the man who regularly shaves this guy” :lol: :clap:[/tscii:63355c7cff]

irir123
23rd May 2008, 10:29 PM
"Kamaloda kuzhapangal thodangrathu engannu naanga (Athey Minority Gang thaan) oru theory vechu irukkom"

could u pls explain that ?! am not aware of/familiar with that ?!

selvakumar
23rd May 2008, 10:30 PM
Feddy,
Apart from criticising kamal's acting and his works, that guy had made fun of his personal preferences as well. Intha article ah padicha enna vitta enna
P.S: irr123 posted just an extract of the article. I believe you would have read the entire article

rajasaranam
23rd May 2008, 10:34 PM
[tscii]
But the real gift was the final slide of the opening titles that gave the hitherto “interfering actor” the credit for the creatives." What the hell is that supposed to mean ?

Nejamave pruiyalayaa illa Baekku mathiri Nadikreengala 8-)

rajasaranam
23rd May 2008, 10:39 PM
"Kamaloda kuzhapangal thodangrathu engannu naanga (Athey Minority Gang thaan) oru theory vechu irukkom"

Rajini'ya vida periya Hero naanu appdinnu Heroism kaamika thudikkira Poatti thaan muthal kuzhappam :)

joe
23rd May 2008, 10:44 PM

Rajini'ya vida periya Hero naanu appdinnu Heroism kaamika thudikkira Poatti thaan muthal kuzhappam :)

Hope you mean 'commercial hero' ,not just 'Hero' ..Even if 'commercial hero' ,kamal was once bigger than Rajini and he himself wished to choose a different path after he tasted enough success ..So it is not something happened without his wish ,IMO.

Movie Cop
23rd May 2008, 11:06 PM

RR - Of course, as an actor, Aandavar is a miga periya hero than Rajni! Or for that matter, Kamal is a miga periya hero than any other Tamil actor till date! So, Kamal has no point to prove there to anyone!

Except Sivaji Ganesan, it's a cardinal sin to compare any other Tamil actor with Aandavar! :twisted:

Cricket Batting-la Aandavar - Sachin Tendulkar
Cinema Acting-la Aandavar - Kamal Haasan! 8-)

rajasaranam
23rd May 2008, 11:09 PM
Hope you mean 'commercial hero' ,not just 'Hero' ..Even if 'commercial hero' ,kamal was once bigger than Rajini and he himself wished to choose a different path after he tasted enough success ..So it is not something happened without his wish ,IMO.

Commercial Hero thaan! He changed his path since it was not anymore viable and not because he wanted to come out of that image and do only meaningful cinema's :)
i can give you tons of examples wherein there would've been a conflict within himself - between Kamal the Actor/Hero and kamal the Creator/director and its really sad to note that always kamal the Actor/Hero has won. Once in my lifetime I wish to see kamal the creator/Director win over the Hero in him.
The yearning to showcase the hero/heroism is still in him. Better he acts a 'Perarasu' movie once for all and get overdosed... so that we are left only with kamal the Creator :lol:

P_R
23rd May 2008, 11:11 PM
[tscii]

Kamal dhaan nadikkalai-nnu solrAngaLE...nammaLAvadhu muyarci seyyalAmEnnu dhaan.

The last slide in the opening credits have ezhuthi iyakkavar: kamal Haasan. Which is what he is referring to. I was annoyed with the term "interfering actor". For heaven sake, this chap was dropping the name Mel Gibson a few paragraphs ago.

After the fatuous name dropping, pretentious insights and the oh-so-clever-title, he finds fault with narcissism. :-) Hayyo hayyo.

irir123
23rd May 2008, 11:17 PM
"Rajini'ya vida periya Hero naanu appdinnu Heroism kaamika thudikkira Poatti thaan muthal kuzhappam" - i honestly dont think so! if that were the case, Kamal wud hav played it safe rather than soliciting rajini to take up the 'hero' mantle when rajini was primarily doing the bad guy's role in the 70s!

rajasaranam
23rd May 2008, 11:22 PM
[tscii]

Kamal dhaan nadikkalai-nnu solrAngaLE...nammaLAvadhu muyarci seyyalAmEnnu dhaan.

The last slide in the opening credits have ezhuthi iyakkavar: kamal Haasan. Which is what he is referring to. I was annoyed with the term "interfering actor". For heaven sake, this chap was dropping the name Mel Gibson a few paragraphs ago.

After the fatuous name dropping, pretentious insights and the oh-so-clever-title, he finds fault with narcissism. :-) Hayyo hayyo.

Varikku vari padichu lets not discuss over the article. The essence of the Article as I perceive is that the author wants the Creator Kamal to be unleashed from the bounds of Actor Kamal.
Your POV may be that he had some malicious intent in writing that article defaming Kamal.

Article Padicha Anubavikkannum Aarayaa koodathu :)

joe
23rd May 2008, 11:26 PM

Commercial Hero thaan! He changed his path since it was not anymore viable and not because he wanted to come out of that image and do only meaningful cinema's :)
i can give you tons of examples wherein there would've been a conflict within himself - between Kamal the Actor/Hero and kamal the Creator/director and its really sad to note that always kamal the Actor/Hero has won. Once in my lifetime I wish to see kamal the creator/Director win over the Hero in him.
The yearning to showcase the hero/heroism is still in him. Better he acts a 'Perarasu' movie once for all and get overdosed... so that we are left only with kamal the Creator :lol:

Until now Kamal the Actor has more fans than Kamal the creator ..It won't change in one night ..Moreover ,Kamal the creator has no age restriction ,whereas Kamal the actor has age restriction in this commercial industry .

Just for few ARivujeevigal like you ,Kamal cannot just ignore His fans of kamal the actor ,though he is trying to convert them to fans of Kamal the creator ,IMO .

I know people one day crticise kamal for not being brave as a creator ,next day will make fun when he is commercially defeated for his creative effort .Kamal must be careful with these people :huh:

selvakumar
23rd May 2008, 11:29 PM
Article Padicha Anubavikkannum Aarayaa koodathu
Ada paavigala ! :P

P_R
23rd May 2008, 11:29 PM
The essence of the Article as I perceive is that the author wants the Creator Kamal to be unleashed from the bounds of Actor Kamal. Your POV may be that he had some malicious intent in writing that article defaming Kamal

Yes RS. And the malice was overarching in the article.

Even I - and many others here - look forward to the greater productive years from Kamal the writer/director. But that is no reason to write trash about Kamal the actor just to make that case. Write from the first line it was an extremely flawed case he was trying to build.

ajithfederer
23rd May 2008, 11:31 PM
The predominant intention in the article is to take ingenuine potshots at Kamal the actor which is ofcourse the complaint of us. Adhu eppadi unga kannukku mattum theriyama pochunnu engalukku theriala :lol:

Adhu seri neenga eppadi padikanumnu naanga ungalukku advise pannaleeyae. Why dont u follow the same :P

[tscii]

Varikku vari padichu lets not discuss over the article. The essence of the Article as I perceive is that the author wants the Creator Kamal to be unleashed from the bounds of Actor Kamal.
Your POV may be that he had some malicious intent in writing that article defaming Kamal.

Article Padicha Anubavikkannum Aarayaa koodathu :)

rajasaranam
23rd May 2008, 11:33 PM
"Rajini'ya vida periya Hero naanu appdinnu Heroism kaamika thudikkira Poatti thaan muthal kuzhappam" - i honestly dont think so! if that were the case, Kamal wud hav played it safe rather than soliciting rajini to take up the 'hero' mantle when rajini was primarily doing the bad guy's role in the 70s!

And kamal should've thought he Played it Safe... During that 'Ilamai oonjaladugirathu' Episode :P
Bairavi released few weeks b4 IO (If Iam not wrong) marking the entry of the 'Superstar' and it was not kamal who solicited this :)

Nerd
23rd May 2008, 11:36 PM
<dig>
Kamal did NOT ask or advice Rajini to play as a hero
<ends>

ajithfederer
23rd May 2008, 11:42 PM
Where is bala :roll: :twisted:

rajasaranam
23rd May 2008, 11:44 PM
hmmmm.. lets read and make our own texts! The Author is Dead :)

P_R
23rd May 2008, 11:46 PM
The Author is Dead Not yet :-)

rajasaranam
23rd May 2008, 11:51 PM
The Author is Dead Not yet :-)
-Roland Barthes!!!

P_R
23rd May 2008, 11:52 PM
adada why do you assume we don't get it :-)

rajasaranam
23rd May 2008, 11:55 PM
adada why do you assume we don't get it :-)

Oh ok now I got you :)

rajasaranam
23rd May 2008, 11:58 PM
eppadiyo 3 pakkam Oaatiyaachu! :P kalaila Aandavaroda bakthar koottam enna enna avatharam edukka poguthungalo! Naan Escape :lol:

irir123
24th May 2008, 12:14 AM
<dig>
<ends>

oh yes he did! in one of the film functions Rajini recalled how during the shooting of Ninaithale Inikkum in Malaysia, kamal advised him to do positive roles and shape up his career! tats from the horse's mouth!

rajasaranam
24th May 2008, 11:27 AM
<dig>
<ends>

oh yes he did! in one of the film functions Rajini recalled how during the shooting of Ninaithale Inikkum in Malaysia, kamal advised him to do positive roles and shape up his career! tats from the horse's mouth!

Rajni'oda perunthanmaiyaana interpretation athu :)
But Kamal had recalled about the same incident in a TV interview long back-when they were shootin for IO... when they were resting against each others back, 'Naama rendu perum sernthu nadicha producers thaan laabam adaiyraanga...Orutharukku thara vendiya sambalatha rendu perkkum pirichu tharaanga, ippa neeyum star naanum star, athunaala thani thaniya nadicha athigamaa panam sambhadikkalam'
Kadalukku mariyathai style'la naama pirijidalaamnnu sonnaraam athoda ulnokkam mela enakku romba naalave sandhegam irukku :twisted:
MGR'kku appuram Rajini madhiri oru veguliyaana manidhara paarka mudiyaathu cinema industry'la. ( correctta Naan rajini rasigar nnu ippa ellam interpret panniduveengalaey :) )

joe
24th May 2008, 02:15 PM
MGR'kku appuram Rajini madhiri oru veguliyaana manidhara paarka mudiyaathu cinema industry'la.

MGR VeguLi ? :omg: :shock:

Devar Magan
24th May 2008, 03:00 PM
MGR'kku appuram Rajini madhiri oru veguliyaana manidhara paarka mudiyaathu cinema industry'la.

MGR VeguLi ? :omg: :shock: ithu maathiri comedy ellaam paathu sirikirathaa alugurathaanu therialai.. 8-)

thilak4life
24th May 2008, 03:05 PM
Ignorance-fest.

I suppose there's a vast majority who would like to see the creator more, count me in. But majority of the points put forward here, simply blows. Simple as. The bloke who wrote that in MSN is miserable, to keep b*tching about a star-actor and use the other facet as a facade to save his ***. :lol2: End of.

Devar Magan
24th May 2008, 03:19 PM
Kamal the creator is using the actor well..

rajasaranam
24th May 2008, 05:24 PM

IMHO poadanuma ella vaatiyum ?!! :roll:

Roshan
24th May 2008, 05:37 PM
Where is Bala ? :roll: :evil: :x

villan007
24th May 2008, 05:40 PM

IMHO poadanuma ella vaatiyum ?!! :roll:

theliva neenga "naan paarthathilla nu sollirukanum" :lol2: kappi thanama sollitu IMHO vera :lol2:

Devar Magan
24th May 2008, 05:47 PM
Where is Bala ? :roll: :evil: :x virumandi must be in virugambakkam now 8-)

MrJudge
24th May 2008, 05:53 PM
'Naama rendu perum sernthu nadicha producers thaan laabam adaiyraanga...Orutharukku thara vendiya sambalatha rendu perkkum pirichu tharaanga, ippa neeyum star naanum star, athunaala thani thaniya nadicha athigamaa panam sambhadikkalam'
Kadalukku mariyathai style'la naama pirijidalaamnnu sonnaraam athoda ulnokkam mela enakku romba naalave sandhegam irukku

Yeah, me too. I had this thought for long time. Kamal should have been a big star at that time and their combo worked at BO. Kamal would have seen Rajini rising and riding along him, so kalati vida ninachcha maathiri thaan enakku thonuthu.

selvakumar
24th May 2008, 05:55 PM
RS,
MGR velguliya irunthiruntha, avar ivvalavu periya thalaivar ah vazhi nadathi irukka mudiyaathu. 'Vegulis' will never be great leaders... Ithu IMO illa fact :)

Devar Magan
24th May 2008, 05:56 PM
'Naama rendu perum sernthu nadicha producers thaan laabam adaiyraanga...Orutharukku thara vendiya sambalatha rendu perkkum pirichu tharaanga, ippa neeyum star naanum star, athunaala thani thaniya nadicha athigamaa panam sambhadikkalam'
Kadalukku mariyathai style'la naama pirijidalaamnnu sonnaraam athoda ulnokkam mela enakku romba naalave sandhegam irukku

Yeah, me too. I had this thought for long time. Kamal should have been a big star at that time and their combo worked at BO. Kamal would have seen Rajini rising and riding along him, so kalati vida ninachcha maathiri thaan enakku thonuthu. kalati vidurathukku thaan thairiyam venum..

everytime, he doesnt go behind sankar, ARR or Aishwarya rai..

Kamal is the only actor who has guts to select a pair like Kovai sarala.. :cool:

Roshan
24th May 2008, 05:58 PM
Where is Bala ? :roll: :evil: :x virumandi must be in virugambakkam now 8-)

Oh ! appadiyA.. Didnt know that. Avarukku oru text message anuppi intha thread pakkam konjam varas sollunga please :wink:

MrJudge
24th May 2008, 06:04 PM
kalati vidurathukku thaan thairiyam venum..

Kamal is the only actor who has guts to select a pair like Kovai sarala..

ayyaya.... neenga nenaikkira "kalati vidura" katha kidaiyaathu. oruththan kai pudichchu thongumpothu kalati vitta maathri thonuthu. And RS said RK is innocent because RK believes and looks that episode in different angle.

Kamal won't go to those people (unless there is some heavy pressure from some corner) as he believes he is bigger than them. He never cares about who the heroine is because he loves them all :D

selvakumar
24th May 2008, 06:12 PM
AFAIK, Kamal had lost many things just by supporting others. His selection of team will be based on his personal liking irrespective of the form of the people.

Had he really wanted to prove himself as a hero, he would have done a film like VV with more interest and energy. He didn't do that.. :D

Onion
24th May 2008, 06:24 PM
friends, tell rasa and his naattamai to discuss kamal's films, not kamal :D

Devar Magan
24th May 2008, 06:41 PM
i dont think rajini was riding on kamal's popularity then..

and kamal doesnt ditch anyone like that..

irir123
24th May 2008, 09:05 PM
when the whole industry tagged behind a new composer, Kamal stuck to IR! Kamal cud have very easily dumped his favorite IR for strictly market reasons/demand and gone to the new kids! but he didnt!

that says a lot abt another side of professional persona!

irir123
24th May 2008, 09:10 PM
MGR veguli ??!!! thanks to MGR's mafiaso style act, Rajini almost lost his life/mind - recall the 'Latha' incident - KB came to Rajini's rescue! Rajini is veguli yes, I agree to a great extent! but MGR, the maverick manipulator, who designed his entire career based on tamil junta's vulnerability/weakness for cheap 'thai kulam' sentiments ?! give me a big break pls!

omega
24th May 2008, 09:15 PM
MGR veguli ??!!! thanks to MGR's mafiaso style act, Rajini almost lost his life/mind - recall the 'Latha' incident - KB came to Rajini's rescue! Rajini is veguli yes, I agree to a great extent! but MGR, the maverick manipulator, who designed his entire career based on tamil junta's vulnerability/weakness for cheap 'thai kulam' sentiments ?! give me a big break pls!

:exactly:

MADDY
24th May 2008, 09:56 PM

//digr// thai kulam sentiments??? he always proved he was far beyond that............he is the only ruler (amongst PM/CMs) who really cared for poor people or who has been pro-people...........ration rice Rs.2/Kg, egg in "sathhunavu koodangal", improving road infrastructure, improving bus services (remember TN is still the best state in terms of intra-connectivity in terms of roads/buses), and there are many examples where he has shown his genuinity in implementing pro=people schemes........

if u agree to the fact that TN voters are the most intelligent eloctorates, then how will u xplain MGR capturing power for 3 successive terms 8-) .....MGR as a hero was a dream and MGR as CM was the realisation of that dream 8-) ........mid summer thamizh dream :P .....//end digr//

well, contributing to the topic, i feel kamal the creator has handled kamal the actor pretty well.........i dont see any problems except for his over indulgence at times.............btw, kamal the story writer is a more natural thing than kamal the actor 8-)

ajithfederer
24th May 2008, 11:52 PM
Have to agree . Any day i like Rajni over MGR

irir123
25th May 2008, 03:13 AM
Rajini as a person scores way over MGR - but MGR as a classic 'politician' is leagues ahead! Rajini is all charisma and quirk of fate-boy - MGR's each and every move was planned meticulously including the songs in his movies were written/composed to suit his blossoming political career!
MGR was a natural 'leader' who cudnt take opposition all that easily - Rajini is just a good human being, though often a confused one at that!

Nerd
25th May 2008, 08:09 AM

Kamal is the only actor who has guts to select a pair like Kovai sarala.. :cool:
appuRam edhukku sappAn-lErunthu saaki saan vandhaaha :roll: I have no interest in discussing anything here.. But I request everyone to stop discussing/dissing Rajini in this thread. Period.

jaiganes
25th May 2008, 09:14 AM
We all know that Kamal the actor makes the millions that Kamal the creator uses for his creations. Now there are many who want Kamal the actor do more work, more like Mohanlal or someone else. Now such people will never understand that Kamal the creator, the person who has educated himself, literally in everything related to cinema is the person who can complete the kamal we know. Complete his creativity. The days of Kamal the puppet is nearing the end and it is time for the puppeteer to rise. However like any artist who is an addict of the applause, Kamal the actor is a difficult entity to shed and we can only hope for a peaceful coexistence that is mutually beneficial,

rajasaranam
25th May 2008, 11:00 AM
DIG <

theliva neenga "naan paarthathilla nu sollirukanum" :lol2: kappi thanama sollitu IMHO vera :lol2:

Comparison panra bodhu ithu madhiri sila slips thavirkka mudiyaathathu.
My comparisons were very basic
Rajini Against Kamal ~ Rajini Veguli
MGR Against Karunanidhi ~ MGR veguli (Avaroda cinema mugam pathi alasina veru vidai varulaam)
Ottu mothamaana karuTHA atha karudha koodathu... appadi yaar pathiyum oru total karuthu solla mudiyaathundrathu en karuTHu

> end DIG

rajasaranam
25th May 2008, 11:21 AM
when the whole industry tagged behind a new composer, Kamal stuck to IR! Kamal cud have very easily dumped his favorite IR for strictly market reasons/demand and gone to the new kids! but he didnt!

that says a lot abt another side of professional persona!

Hmmm... Konja kaalaamaaga thaan itha pathiyum naan yosichikittu irukaen after he dumped IR in Marmayogi... earlier I was also of the same thinking like you, Now there are mulitple views emerging deeply pondering into the matter!
Avar padangalla ghost direct panna porathu yaaru, make-up man yaaru, choreographer yaaru, cinematographer yaaru, ippadi ovvoru artistum lightboy varaikkum decide panrathu! sometimes even producer yaarunnu decide panra avar, music director vishayathula mattum producer thaan mudivu pannuvaarunnu sollittu thiriyarathu konjam uthaikkuthu :x
Until 1997 IR was a commerically viable composer. The track record of kamal with IR after 1997 is something to be thought about.

Enna panrathu Marmayogi episode ellathayume sandhega kankondu paarka vaikuthu ippa :(

MADDY
25th May 2008, 01:24 PM
MGR was a natural 'leader' who cudnt take opposition all that easily

but MGR, the maverick manipulator, who designed his entire career based on tamil junta's vulnerability/weakness for cheap 'thai kulam' sentiments ?!

:roll: MGR natural leader-a illa manipulator-a??? adha modhalla confirm pannunga........ :x .....MGR is a phenom, eedu inai atra kadhanayagan :evil:

MrJudge
25th May 2008, 02:48 PM
We all know that Kamal the actor makes the millions that Kamal the creator uses for his creations. Now there are many who want Kamal the actor do more work, more like Mohanlal or someone else. Now such people will never understand that Kamal the creator, the person who has educated himself, literally in everything related to cinema is the person who can complete the kamal we know. Complete his creativity. The days of Kamal the puppet is nearing the end and it is time for the puppeteer to rise. However like any artist who is an addict of the applause, Kamal the actor is a difficult entity to shed and we can only hope for a peaceful coexistence that is mutually beneficial,

I prefer him just to stick with his direction, he overacts nowadays. But as you said we all know how much he loves his acting, so the creator will not go in full flow for some years. :(

MrJudge
25th May 2008, 02:55 PM
Hmmm... Konja kaalaamaaga thaan itha pathiyum naan yosichikittu irukaen after he dumped IR in Marmayogi...

Enna panrathu Marmayogi episode ellathayume sandhega kankondu paarka vaikuthu ippa

He even dumped IR for his Heyram, but IR rescued him from the mess. I think the real issue is Kamal wants to reach out to the hindi audience. So he dumps IR for any big budgeted multi-lingual projects involving hindi in particular, Heyram, Alavandaan, and now Dasavatharam. MX is the only exception but due to its low budget he roped in IR. I see Kamal as a opportunist now like any other industry person, nothing wrong in it. But he will not be open to admit it. I think IR is a veguli in Kamal's case :lol:

Devar Magan
25th May 2008, 03:08 PM

appuRam edhukku sappAn-lErunthu saaki saan vandhaaha :roll: I have no interest in discussing anything here.. But I request everyone to stop discussing/dissing Rajini in this thread. Period. sapaanla saaki saan-a kamal koopidalaye :lol:

omega
25th May 2008, 03:29 PM

Yeah, me too. I had this thought for long time. Kamal should have been a big star at that time and their combo worked at BO. Kamal would have seen Rajini rising and riding along him, so kalati vida ninachcha maathiri thaan enakku thonuthu. kalati vidurathukku thaan thairiyam venum..

Athusari, silaperukku pattathaan theiryum.......Ennamo ivaru ella padathalayum IR music potta maathiri pesureenga.......Mathavangaloda work panrathulla irukkura egonaala avoid panraaru.......etho periya sevai seithutta maathiri pesureenga....

Ippa MYkku mattum enna vanthathaam....Ethukku poyi ARRtta thonguraaru??

Yen ungallukku naanga Chandrabose vachillaam blockbuster koduthathu maranthupocho.... How marketable was Deva when he scored for Annamalai??...

Haven't you read IR's interview about he was the first choice MD for films like Annamalai & Badsha, which he refused due his personal ego??? Chumma KH panra ellaame periya thyagam maathiri pesaatheenga...Avarum itha oru thozhilathaan panraaru...

selvakumar
25th May 2008, 03:47 PM
Kamal trying to reach out to hindi market :? Yes, oflate since he lost his ground there many years before. Does that mean he went to IR to resuce him ? :lol2: yaar yaarai rescue pannurathu :?

Didn't IR try his hands for hindi market ? (e.g., Cheenikum, Siva etc)

HeyRam as a film would have reached more had he opted for some other hindi music director (atleast the hype would have played. Forget about the film).

Don't know why he went for IR. His personal preferences incur him more losses.

I couldn't imagine IR for a commercial film like 10A. Who knows, we might have got a mumbai xpress again.
I am happy with him going to Arr for Marmayogi for the time being (at last !!) . Let us see what happens.

selvakumar
25th May 2008, 03:53 PM
Ippa MYkku mattum enna vanthathaam....Ethukku poyi ARRtta thonguraaru??
Could be. MY is an exception.
But if we consider his films in which his involvement in choosing the crew was more, you can get that he had gone to IR mostly except a few films. The issue here is
"choosing a person who doesn't sell at that time over someone who sells more".
As RK himself explained said 'Natpu veru business veru'.
Kamalukku ithu porunthathunnu nenaikiraen

Devar Magan
25th May 2008, 04:00 PM
kamal ARR-a pudichu thonguraara?? :lol:

they both agreed to do a movie-album together.. ithu pudichu thongurathaa??

chandrabose vatchu BB koduthathu oru record-aa?

songs/dialogues illaama HIT kodutha oru aalu yaarupaa??

songs illaatha padathula nadikka unga aalukku thayiriam irukka
??

MADDY
25th May 2008, 04:17 PM
As RK himself explained said 'Natpu veru business veru'. Kamalukku ithu porunthathunnu nenaikiraen

i wud still love to see, rajini going with his nanbar IR atleast once for his movies...........ARR after giving 3 out of 4 superhit albums to rajini doesent list in his preffered list of MDs and is just roped in for business, then i must say, ARR must have been very arrogant towards rajini.........

with kamal and his fans, we atleast r sure that they dont like us but with rajini and his fans its somewhat multi-layered and complex to read them.......... :P

Thirumaran
25th May 2008, 07:03 PM
Rajini as a person scores way over MGR

Ethukku intha Comparision ellaam :huh:
MGR kooda appadiyae naerla irunthu avaroada ellaa activities um therinja maathiri ethukku sollanum? Is that really needed here.

Yaetho Iruntha varaikkum ethukaaga pannaaro innum Jananga Mansula appadiyae irukaar. What is the problem for others, i dont understand. :roll:

Avaru sethu poi 20 varushathukku maela aayiduchu, vittudunga. Thappu thapaa paesina avar image koodathaan seyyum, athayam avaraala anubavikka mudiyaathu, vittudungalaen..

Appaavi nnu oruthar sollitaar, avar entha context la sonnaaro.. atha pidichikittu ethukku thaevai illaama oruthar maela mannai vaari iraikanum. :huh:

No one is appaavi in this world of Politics and Cinema. No one can contineu like that even if they have that nature by default.

Please discuss only related to this topic and avoid discussing the personal behaviours of any actors(MGR, Rajini, Kamal or others). Let us maintain the human and hub basics.

Thanks..

joe
25th May 2008, 07:11 PM
TM :notworthy:

Srimannarayanan
25th May 2008, 07:18 PM
Hmmm... Konja kaalaamaaga thaan itha pathiyum naan yosichikittu irukaen after he dumped IR in Marmayogi...

Enna panrathu Marmayogi episode ellathayume sandhega kankondu paarka vaikuthu ippa

He even dumped IR for his Heyram, but IR rescued him from the mess. I think the real issue is Kamal wants to reach out to the hindi audience. So he dumps IR for any big budgeted multi-lingual projects involving hindi in particular, Heyram, Alavandaan, and now Dasavatharam. MX is the only exception but due to its low budget he roped in IR. I see Kamal as a opportunist now like any other industry person, nothing wrong in it. But he will not be open to admit it. I think IR is a veguli in Kamal's case :lol:

Strongly Disagree.

First he went to IR for the Movie. IR Refused the Movie due to Some Anti Gandhi things in the movie.. So KH went to L.Krishnamoorthy. After that he requested IR to do the Music for the Movie.

I still remember reading a NI Magazine that time, ARR was
asked by a North India Magazine whether he accepts if Kamal asked ARR to do music for Heyram, he told that he had a interest.Nevertheless kamal went to AR.

Srimannarayanan
25th May 2008, 07:20 PM
As RK himself explained said 'Natpu veru business veru'. Kamalukku ithu porunthathunnu nenaikiraen

i wud still love to see, rajini going with his nanbar IR atleast once for his movies...........ARR after giving 3 out of 4 superhit albums to rajini doesent list in his preffered list of MDs and is just roped in for business, then i must say, ARR must have been very arrogant towards rajini.........

with kamal and his fans, we atleast r sure that they dont like us but with rajini and his fans its somewhat multi-layered and complex to read them.......... :P

Not all the kamal Fans. :D.

If ARR is part of the movie, i just dont care about heroes Except My Favorites.

Roshan
25th May 2008, 07:56 PM
No one is appaavi in this world of Politics and Cinema. No one can contineu like that even if they have that nature by default.

:yes: and It's a very clear and obvious thing. Any person with a 'minimum' level of intelligence and common sense would understand it well.

Sanjeevi
26th May 2008, 09:08 AM

Strongly Disagree.

First he went to IR for the Movie. IR Refused the Movie due to Some Anti Gandhi things in the movie.. So KH went to L.Krishnamoorthy. After that he requested IR to do the Music for the Movie.

I still remember reading a NI Magazine that time, ARR was
asked by a North India Magazine whether he accepts if Kamal asked ARR to do music for Heyram, he told that he had a interest.Nevertheless kamal went to AR.

I believe this, because the only politician who liked by IR is Gandhi.

Sanjeevi
26th May 2008, 09:08 AM
Rajini as a person scores way over MGR

:thumbsup:

thilak4life
26th May 2008, 09:29 AM
LOL. EVEN IF he had thought of "market value" up north. L.Subramaniam is hardly the man for it. :lol: :banghead: at few stereotypical posts/agenda since ARR has been picked for MY. :lol: Hey! ram is a film where he didn't compromise much, and thats why he was left in deep abyss after its commercial failure. The so-called connoisseurs(fans of "the creator") can't waste 50 quids in theater, but would rather get a quality-print DVD. I know such kinds, thus I remark. But the same kind would watch VV, etc. Thats why you would never see Kamal doing arthouse cinemas just yet. Kamal the creator would rather do quality mainstream films and milk your pockets, using "the actor" in him. Thus I'd not blame for being "opportunistic" at all. It's true that he's an addict of applause, but that shouldn't be related to composers. He goes for salable composer for high-budget films, that's bloody understandable.

thilak4life
26th May 2008, 09:32 AM
All you slow folks out there need to listen to my man right here! :yes:

MrJudge
26th May 2008, 12:15 PM
Yes, oflate since he lost his ground there many years before. Does that mean he went to IR to resuce him ? yaar yaarai rescue pannurathu

IR didn't sign for HR but Kamal approached him after two songs were shot and half of the movie was over. IR composed two songs for the already shot songs. I don't think any other composer would do that. I meant IR rescued him from that mess and certainly not bringing back Kamal's hindi market POV.

I couldn't imagine IR for a commercial film like 10A. Who knows, we might have got a mumbai xpress again.

I agree with you. IR is not a fit for a commercial movie esp. if hindi is involved.

MrJudge
26th May 2008, 12:36 PM
Strongly Disagree.

I am not sure Kamal had indeed gone to IR first for HR. These were all speculations.

Avvai Shanmugi's hindi version (was it by his home production?) also done by some hindi composer if I am not wrong.

MrJudge
26th May 2008, 12:49 PM
believe this, because the only politician who liked by IR is Gandhi.

I think IR likes MK, Kamarajar (he has done the movie Kamarajar for a low fee or free of cost) and there will be others too...

Sanjeevi
26th May 2008, 01:23 PM

I think IR likes MK, Kamarajar (he has done the movie Kamarajar for a low fee or free of cost) and there will be others too...

may be but I guess Gandhi will be on top. I remember one of his best interviews (in kumudam or AV), he opened him, after Ramana maharishi he like Gandhi.

MrJudge
26th May 2008, 01:50 PM

may be but I guess Gandhi will be on top. I remember one of his best interviews (in kumudam or AV), he opened him, after Ramana maharishi he like Gandhi.

You said the only politician in your post, that is why I responded :D

joe
26th May 2008, 02:05 PM
There is no reason why IR doesn't like Ghandi ,who is liked by most of us ..Ithellam oru matter-a ? :huh:

Roshan
26th May 2008, 02:19 PM
There is no reason why IR doesn't like Ghandi ,who is liked by most of us ..Ithellam oru matter-a ? :huh:

:yes: idhula ivangelLAm 'build up' patthi pEsuRathuthAn vEdikkai :wink: :lol:

Sanjeevi
26th May 2008, 02:34 PM

:yes: idhula ivangelLAm 'build up' patthi pEsuRathuthAn vEdikkai :wink: :lol:

yaaraiyo marimugama illa neradiya attack pannura maathiri irukkuthu :)

Actually why I wrote this because I want to add more support to the statement made by Srimannarayanan that is "IR Refused the Movie due to Some Anti Gandhi things in the movie..:"

Ippo puriyutha :idea:

Sanjeevi
26th May 2008, 02:37 PM
You said the only politician in your post, that is why I responded :D

OK :)

joe
26th May 2008, 03:44 PM
IR Refused the Movie due to Some Anti Gandhi things in the movie

You actually put IR in bad light as if IR being ignorant ,considering HeyRam is Anti Ghandi ,in which Ghandi's own grandson did a role ..You mean Ghandi's grandson is ignorant ? :huh:

MrJudge
26th May 2008, 03:47 PM

appadiye pronounce panni paarunga.....neenga England-la irunthu neradiya pesura maathiriye irukku :D (neenga "peter" illainnum theriyum)

MrJudge
26th May 2008, 03:52 PM
You actually put IR in bad light as if IR being ignorant ,considering HeyRam is Anti Ghandi ,in which Ghandi's own grandson did a role ..You mean Ghandi's grandson is ignorant ? :huh:

This was a rumour popped up in the media that IR refused to do it because of its subject.

joe
26th May 2008, 03:56 PM

This was a rumour popped up in the media that IR refused to do it because of its subject.

That is why i say that even IR fans putting IR in bad light by beleiving these kind of rumours.

sarna_blr
26th May 2008, 04:05 PM
:sigh2:

dell_gt
26th May 2008, 04:14 PM
Srimannarayanan wrote:
Strongly Disagree.

:( actually hey ram talk about gandhism in serious manner... may b the execution of the screenplay makes look like anti-gandhi...IR sir have bagged best background music award from hindi for that year, if i not mistaken... kamal sir explorer his talent and other people talent who working with him... i would say there dependency between kamal and IR sir... not make use each of other... in other word its team work :) ....

rajasaranam
26th May 2008, 04:58 PM
We all know that Kamal the actor makes the millions that Kamal the creator uses for his creations.....

....The days of Kamal the puppet is nearing the end and it is time for the puppeteer to rise.

However like any artist who is an addict of the applause, Kamal the actor is a difficult entity to shed and we can only hope for a peaceful coexistence that is mutually beneficial,

Hmmm... contrived notion! no Creator/Director AFAIK are making themselves act, in order to earn millions for making movies (MR, BR, KB, Mahendran :huh: ).And those who are acting like Cheran, Ameer, SundarC etc., are not acting because they want to earn money and invest it into making movies! they are acting because they like it. :)

....Nearing the end is what Iam listening from late 80's and its not happening :x

He had always claimed that he wanted to be a director and KB was the one who pushed him towards acting. Does he still thinks he hasnt excelled beyond 'Nagesh'?
If NO Why not now to pursue his dreams? 'Heroism' is his opium. Its just a wish from a minority crowd to come out of the drug infused state :)
If YES Its better he continue acting :wink:

addict for Applause - Yes,
Difficult to shed - Yes,
Peaceful Coexistense - Nope! We can look at his movies where in both the actor and the creator are at conflict and the 'Hero' is always killing the creator.

irir123
26th May 2008, 08:44 PM

from what I have heard from known sources, both IR and Rajini share excellent rapport even now, though they hav not done movies together for a looong time - even those reasons had nothing to do with Rajini, they were to do with the producers

there is no way, Rajini-ARR issue is an ego-related thing - even KH-ARR issue during Indian was a media-hyped thing than real - or else they wudnt hav worked together in Tenali, etc.

its a catch-22 situation here for both stars - if KH and RK simply stuck to IR ONLY, the industry grapevine wud perhaps be tat 'both the stars dont encourage other MDs etc etc' - didnt KH work with different composers from Deva to Bharadwaj ? and it wasnt all abt business only either - though cant figure out the reason

by all means, KH and IR are still gr8, thick friends who share a camarederie like no other artist pair does in the industry - this I know from inside sources

Vivasaayi
26th May 2008, 08:56 PM

there is world beyond hub maddy...

someone mentioned regarding ego between kamal and arr...kamal went for arr in dasa...arr dint do it giving time reasons

can we say arr is egoistic?because he finish it soon for maniratnam...

just like arr and maniratnam share special work ethics...ir and kamal share special work ethics...could u imagine ir doing music for a film where songs are already composed and picturized?

it depends upon the comfortableness the people share..

MADDY
26th May 2008, 09:02 PM

there is world beyond hub maddy...

someone mentioned regarding ego between kamal and arr...kamal went for arr in dasa...arr dint do it giving time reasons

can we say arr is egoistic?because he finish it soon for maniratnam...

just like arr and maniratnam share special work ethics...ir and kamal share special work ethics...could u imagine ir doing music for a film where songs are already composed and picturized?

it depends upon the comfortableness the people share..

i'm not complaining, am i??? :D .....

Vivasaayi
26th May 2008, 09:03 PM
regarding working with small people and giving hits...kamal haasan has worked with balumahendra,shanthana barathi,pc sriram,bharathan in 90s who was not very strong in box office fort and gave hits

-deleted-

Vivasaayi
26th May 2008, 09:15 PM
regarding the accusation that kamal "kalati vitufied "rajni for avoiding rajni to share the screen

kamal wouldnt have persuaded rajni to continue acting in films when rajni was abt to leave the cinefield(which was said by rajni) if he thought that way

irir123
26th May 2008, 09:26 PM
http://www.rediff.com/movies/2008/may/26devi.htm

music director Devisri Prasad on Kamal and DASA!

jaiganes
26th May 2008, 10:21 PM
We all know that Kamal the actor makes the millions that Kamal the creator uses for his creations.....

....The days of Kamal the puppet is nearing the end and it is time for the puppeteer to rise.

However like any artist who is an addict of the applause, Kamal the actor is a difficult entity to shed and we can only hope for a peaceful coexistence that is mutually beneficial,

Hmmm... contrived notion! no Creator/Director AFAIK are making themselves act, in order to earn millions for making movies (MR, BR, KB, Mahendran :huh: ).And those who are acting like Cheran, Ameer, SundarC etc., are not acting because they want to earn money and invest it into making movies! they are acting because they like it. :)

....Nearing the end is what Iam listening from late 80's and its not happening :x

He had always claimed that he wanted to be a director and KB was the one who pushed him towards acting. Does he still thinks he hasnt excelled beyond 'Nagesh'?
If NO Why not now to pursue his dreams? 'Heroism' is his opium. Its just a wish from a minority crowd to come out of the drug infused state :)
If YES Its better he continue acting :wink:

addict for Applause - Yes,
Difficult to shed - Yes,
Peaceful Coexistense - Nope! We can look at his movies where in both the actor and the creator are at conflict and the 'Hero' is always killing the creator.

I dont agree with yor take on Kamal the creator sidelined by Kamal the actor. In movies like Dasa, VV, VRMBBS the USP, selling factor is Kamal the actor - the star. In such movies inspte of Kamal's creative contribution notwithstanding, projection of Kamal the actor is very necessary.

In movies like Hey Raam, Anbe Sivam, Kurudhippunal, Virumaandi etc., the creator has reigned supreme. If not Nasser in Kurudhippunal, Pasupathi in Virumaandi, Maddy (no our hub maddy) etc., would have got half written roles playing as sidekicks instead of playing characters who eclipsed kamal in many sequences in the respective movies. Think about it.
Even in Hey Raam, Kamal had to do a very unpopular, indecisive role that had no punch lines, while Shahrukh khan and Atul Kulkarni had the best of lines (most applauded lines). I know many kamal fans who lamented that the main role should have been done by someone else as the side characters had more clarity and punch in Hey Raam. I see it as an instance of Kamal the creator totally suppressing Kamal the actor. I see no reason to believe and expect more Kamal the creator and if we go by the buzz around MY, Kamal the creator may well be set to take over competely in the coming years.
As far as comparing Kamal and Rajini in terms of experimentation/risk taking etc., Rajini by his own admission and acceptance is a brand. Brand decisions have superficial artistic considerations and usually more experieced "packagers" are roped in. So expecting Rajini to call sheets to a talented , yet commercially "offbeat" directors is something that is not going to happen - atleast till the time Rajini is Super star. The moment the cape of Superstar is handed over to someone else, we can hope some artistic work from him( or politics or sanyas). Bigger problem is the fact that the next generation of actors are not pushing Rajini or Kamal hard enough. Vikram is getting a tad too old to push kamal and regain the artsy actor title and Vijay/Ajith are clueless as to how to come out of Rajini's shadows.
And this delays Rajini and Kamal's future decisions further. The best hope is death to the star system and throwback to K.B. Barathiraaja era where directors call the shots. Till that time you wil see people frying Rajini and Kamal as they have done in this hub for the past 5 years.

rajasaranam
26th May 2008, 10:28 PM
http://www.rediff.com/movies/2008/may/26devi.htm

music director Devisri Prasad on Kamal and DASA!

Why digression :P Stick to the topic :wink:

irir123
26th May 2008, 10:32 PM
jaiganes: well said! why the heck dont we have a galaxy of real actors like Ed Norton, Sean Penn, Tim Robbins, Morgan Freeman, Matt Damon and tons of others elsewhere and have just two BIG stars whose stardom completely overshadows everything else in the industry ? why is it that the others shamelessly try to ape them, instead of creating their own niches ? I think the main reason for this is the fact that genuinely talented people are not entering the field, and only those with 'connections' in the field enter the same

Vivasaayi
26th May 2008, 10:36 PM
@rajasaranam

if kamal had tried to prove he was biggest hero here

he wouldnt have answered to the a question

"did u have the anger in change of kamal-rajni to rajni-kamal"

and his answer was "irukaadha pinna"

he has no egos whatsoever

chumma penatha koodadhu

rajasaranam
26th May 2008, 11:39 PM
I dont agree with yor take on Kamal the creator sidelined by Kamal the actor. In movies like Dasa, VV, VRMBBS the USP, selling factor is Kamal the actor - the star. In such movies inspte of Kamal's creative contribution notwithstanding, projection of Kamal the actor is very necessary.

In movies like Hey Raam, Anbe Sivam, Kurudhippunal, Virumaandi etc., the creator has reigned supreme. If not Nasser in Kurudhippunal, Pasupathi in Virumaandi, Maddy (no our hub maddy) etc., would have got half written roles playing as sidekicks instead of playing characters who eclipsed kamal in many sequences in the respective movies. Think about it.
Even in Hey Raam, Kamal had to do a very unpopular, indecisive role that had no punch lines, while Shahrukh khan and Atul Kulkarni had the best of lines (most applauded lines). I know many kamal fans who lamented that the main role should have been done by someone else as the side characters had more clarity and punch in Hey Raam. I see it as an instance of Kamal the creator totally suppressing Kamal the actor. I see no reason to believe and expect more Kamal the creator and if we go by the buzz around MY, Kamal the creator may well be set to take over competely in the coming years.

dasa - lets not Discuss until we see the movie
VV - Was a GM movie end to end
VRMBBS - Yes the USP was kamal the Hero and i could very well understand this in comparison to MBMBBS as how Prabhu's role for Arshad Warsi was butchered up in Tamil

Heyram - i cant agree on this as i cud see kamal covering frame to frame in the movie with his own inconsistencies ( Sakethram though) with his heroic fight/sex/kissing sequences . It was a movie on Sakethram and others were just bafoons/puppets thrown in here and there to amuse the viewers. yes the buffons are interesting at times and do have good 'Punch Lines' (most applauded lines) still the ringmaster takes care to tell who is the master. ( Ask any fan of SRK and you will get a different answer from yours)

Anbesivam - Maddy was there Yes! but the Hero is always kamal, who tries to ridicule ARS at every given moment and make him realise the truth. Its the story of Nallasivam right; and hence the sniffing over the body of kiran, Fighting against the goons when all other Saga's are made mere bafoons who play their Thaarai, Thappattai to usupethify their HERO. And its not the communist ideologies that win at last, its the sacrifice of the 'Nallasivam' which gets the mass movement their goal of 910 (or is it 912?).

kurudhippunal - You need to watch the original 'Drokal' by Govind Nihalani'. You will undestand how two antagonists from the same society who are sincere to their ideals are convereted to a Hero and a Villain ( Porukkikkum Poarallikkum pirantha kalla Kuzhanthai) There were no such interpretations in Drokal. ( I read somewhere GN appreciated kamal of making a better movie than his. hmmm... Gone are the days of young angry red eyed man who made a tamas )

Virumaandi - Better not said for the gory bloodbath and half an hour heroic struggle doing all sorts of sports running, climbing, jumping... ( Aptly Supported by Raaja's - viru virumaandi virumaandi :) ) and finally killing the villain with a poke into the 'thondai kuzhi'.

There stands kamal with his inconsistencies. A permanent conflict between the Creator and the Actor. Has he been only the Creator the need to glorify his heroes would have been kept aside and the narration will take the lead. ( for instance i dont know the Hero/villain of Rashoman, while its clear in Virumaandi ) But kamal being also an actor, though coming up with excellent plots/ scripts goofs up in the screenplay in order to pave way for his heroisms.

I rest my case as i've spoken about this in large at many instances in the same hub and nobody, Yes Nobody seems to get what Iam trying to tell. :evil: May be a direct Discussion would help to resolve this issue eitherway :P

rajasaranam
26th May 2008, 11:41 PM
he has no egos whatsoever

chumma penatha koodadhu

I dont agree.

thanks for the Advice 8-)

ShereneAndrew
27th May 2008, 12:45 AM
<dig>
juz thought of informing kamal fans.. from today.. in Dinathanthi kamal's life story is being written.. njoy ppl.. :D
</dig>

Movie Cop
28th May 2008, 06:21 AM
Heyram - i cant agree on this as i cud see kamal covering frame to frame in the movie with his own inconsistencies ( Sakethram though) with his heroic fight/sex/kissing sequences . It was a movie on Sakethram and others were just bafoons/puppets thrown in here and there to amuse the viewers. yes the buffons are interesting at times and do have good 'Punch Lines' (most applauded lines) still the ringmaster takes care to tell who is the master. ( Ask any fan of SRK and you will get a different answer from yours)

RS,
Hey Ram is a first person narrative. It is not a movie about Mahatma Gandhi. Neither it is a movie about the infamous 1946 Calcutta riots nor the Indo-Pak partition. The movie is just about one Saket Ram and takes you on a journey through the eyes & perspective of it's central character during one of the most turbulent times of modern Indian history! It is one of those movies, where Kamal - the creator is "on par" with Kamal - the actor!

Thus Blaming Kamal for appearing frame-by-frame of a 200 min long movie thus sidelining other key characters like Mahatma Gandhi & Sriram Abhenykar is not a fair criticism.

irir123
28th May 2008, 06:53 PM
whatever Kamal has done in terms of his 'creations' are the best anyone of his cult 'hero' status could come up with in the Indian cinema setup! why ? because, if he were to make a movie, keeping his persona completely aside, the movie is a surefire failure! Hey Ram was the closest he could come to doing that - he is not just some superhero - he feels fear, he is confused/puzzled, he has weaknesses, he makes mistakes and even at the end, he does NOT fully realize the enormity of his decision, but gets overwhelmed by not only Gandhi's personality, but also by the circumstances when one N.Godse does the job which he was chosen to! there could not have been a more brilliant ending to an amazing movie

if Kamal were to make movies like those of Mrinal Sen, or, an Adoor, he should have done those right from the beginning of his career - therefore, he has tread the line between commercial and arthouse cinema very well indeed!

jaiganes
17th June 2008, 12:25 AM
With Dasavatharam - Kamal the actor has taken a sledge hammer and has dashed Kamal the creator.
Waiting for both of them to return to senses and get down to the basement level and see what the world is like actually.

Vivasaayi
17th June 2008, 12:28 AM
With Dasavatharam - Kamal the actor has taken a sledge hammer and has dashed Kamal the creator.
Waiting for both of them to return to senses and get down to the basement level and see what the world is like actually.

actually he was at the basement and seen what the world is like actually in films like anbe sivam ...thats why->dasavatharam!

Roshan
17th June 2008, 12:34 AM

actually he was at the basement and seen what the world is like actually in films like anbe sivam ...thats why->dasavatharam!

Vicky,

Leave it. Avar Devar Magan padathulEyE 1000 kuRai kandupidithavar. Poor Kamal cannot match his expectations.

Vivasaayi
17th June 2008, 12:38 AM
roshan,

when other stars give films just for entertainment...eveybody accepts.

when kamal gives a movie just for entertainment.
:huh:

Roshan
17th June 2008, 12:42 AM
roshan,

when other stars give films just for entertainment...eveybody accepts.

when kamal gives a movie just for entertainment.
:huh:

Vicky,

Do you remember the famous thiruviLaiyaadaL dialogue of Nagesh - 'kutram kandupiditthE pEr vaangum pulavargaL..." ? ;)

Vivasaayi
17th June 2008, 12:44 AM
anyway....kamal directs marmayogi!

they could expect the creator and actor there reaching differnt heights! :D

villan007
17th June 2008, 12:56 AM
anyway....kamal directs marmayogi!

they could expect the creator and actor there reaching differnt heights! :D

adhula entertainment-E illainbaainga paaru maapi :lol2:

jaiganes
17th June 2008, 02:19 AM
illai villain saar.
naanga appdiyellam solla mattom.
Billa padathule ajith podara maadhiri karuppu mookukannaadi yaen 12th century Kamal character podalainnu kovichukuvom!! :lol: :lol:
I too hope for Marma yogi .
Roshan madam 200 crore budget kudukkanuma Kamalukku?
Kodukkalaam - aanaal padam edukkanam - mask vaangiye selavazhikka koodadhunnu oru pathirathula kaiyezhuthu vaangittu kudukkalaam.

villan007
17th June 2008, 02:50 AM
Kodukkalaam - aanaal padam edukkanam - mask vaangiye selavazhikka koodadhunnu oru pathirathula kaiyezhuthu vaangittu kudukkalaam.

aaan....soltaaruba warner bros CEO ..... :lol2:

Hub la edhukeduthaalum Ajith-a izhukrathe vElai-a poirchu sila perku.. yov, solrathuku karuthu illaina dappi-ya saathitu poganum...ok ya annatha :twisted:

jaiganes
17th June 2008, 03:17 AM
Ok saar. neenga solrabadiye seyyarom.

Movie Cop
17th June 2008, 05:57 AM
"Kamal - The Creator" has got a loooooooong way to catch up with "Kamal - The Actor"! The difference between the two is pretty simple: "Kamal - The Actor" is a genius! 8-) "Kamal - The Creator" is work in progress. :)

As an Aandavar fan, I would prefer him to act in movies directed by promising directors like Ameer or Cheran or Bala. I wish Aandavar leaves the burden of writing/directing to the "experts" and focus just full time on acting! After all, watching Aandavar act is like watching a genius a work! 8-)

P_R
17th June 2008, 07:18 AM
villain, please edit your last post.

I wish Aandavar leaves the burden of writing/directing to the "experts" and focus just full time on acting!
avar dhaanga expert ! Hey ! Ram ezhuthurathukku aaL vENum.(Dasa ellAm oru aberration.) We will get interesting actors - but it is impossible to get writers like him.

Jaiganes, MY is a home production and he is directing it. Both such ventures in the past have resulted in interesting films.

thamizhvaanan
17th June 2008, 07:59 AM
villain, please edit your last post.

I wish Aandavar leaves the burden of writing/directing to the "experts" and focus just full time on acting!
avar dhaanga expert ! Hey ! Ram ezhuthurathukku aaL vENum.(Dasa ellAm oru aberration.) We will get interesting actors - but it is impossible to get writers like him.

Jaiganes, MY is a home production and he is directing it. Both such ventures in the past have resulted in interesting films.
:yes: KH as a writer is terrific! I have never seen scripts like Heyram and Virumandi in TF from anyone else. Just pick any scene from these movie, and follow the aftermath... you will run through the entire movie. Oru scene'a edutha sangili kotha madhiri ella scene'um adha follow pannum.. that is cohesiveness :thumbsup:

To an extent the same cohesiveness is present in 10A, but the reasons are different :cry:

MrJudge
17th June 2008, 08:28 AM

I think we will be waiting for ever if he churns out movies for other banners and that too in multi-lingual. I believe a tamil movie by his home production will bring him back some sense, otherwise :huh:

Movie Cop
17th June 2008, 08:53 AM

I agree that movies like Hey Ram, Guna, Mahandhi are all class acts in terms of screen-play... But is that enough to say that he is the BEST writer? If Aandavar is a great wrtier/creator I would like him focus 100% on wrting/directing and make a movie with some other hero... Can Aandavar write/direct a movie just about kids like Anjali? Can Aandavar make sensitive love stories like Moondram Pirai or Idhayathai Thirudathey? Can Aandavar make a emotionally draining movie like "Udhiri Pookal" or "Mullum Malarum"? I'm not saying he can't... But unless he can handle such varied scripts/genre (without acting himself) but with some other artistes -it is unfair to say that he is the best writer, IMHO :)

P_R
17th June 2008, 09:04 AM
Movie Cop, to the questions you raised the answers will have to come when Kamal gets into writing/direction full-time :-)
And given the mindblowing ones he has written thus far - which IMO justify my claim that he is the best we have ever had - there is sufficient promise that he can work across genres. I look forward to him taking up the role seriously, it's already quite late.

thamizhvaanan
17th June 2008, 09:21 AM
But I dont think KH shud write dialogues, atleast not without a co-writer. As a dialogue writer he has been inconsistent.. some dialogues in Dasa were witty and intelligent, some too intelligent for the sake of the scenes and some were ordinary. MX was the same, the writer at times becomes too visible in the dialogues, things that he tries and acheives or misses intrudes with movie watching experience.

Vivasaayi
17th June 2008, 09:58 AM
illai villain saar.
Billa padathule ajith podara maadhiri karuppu mookukannaadi yaen 12th century Kamal character podalainnu kovichukuvom!! :lol: :lol:

hey raamla ethana mask paatheenga?...virumaandila ethana mask paatheenga?

Vivasaayi
17th June 2008, 10:02 AM

I agree that movies like Hey Ram, Guna, Mahandhi are all class acts in terms of screen-play... But is that enough to say that he is the BEST writer? If Aandavar is a great wrtier/creator I would like him focus 100% on wrting/directing and make a movie with some other hero... Can Aandavar write/direct a movie just about kids like Anjali? Can Aandavar make sensitive love stories like Moondram Pirai or Idhayathai Thirudathey? Can Aandavar make a emotionally draining movie like "Udhiri Pookal" or "Mullum Malarum"? I'm not saying he can't... But unless he can handle such varied scripts/genre (without acting himself) but with some other artistes -it is unfair to say that he is the best writer, IMHO :)

movie cop....

u have mentioned balumahendra,maniratnam,mahendrans movies!..

i also can ask

can mahendran write hey raam

maniratnam write mahanadhi

balumahendra write virumandi...

everybody has got their own style!

u ask emotionally drainING movies from kamalhhasan!

i dont think any movie MENTIONED BY YOU is as emotionally drained as "MAHANADHI"!

Vivasaayi
17th June 2008, 10:03 AM
But I dont think KH shud write dialogues, atleast not without a co-writer. As a dialogue writer he has been inconsistent.. some dialogues in Dasa were witty and intelligent, some too intelligent for the sake of the scenes and some were ordinary. MX was the same, the writer at times becomes too visible in the dialogues, things that he tries and acheives or misses intrudes with movie watching experience.

he has written for devar magan,kurudhipunal,mahanadhi,cirumaandi,hey raam for ur info! :D

sarna_blr
17th June 2008, 11:18 AM
illai villain saar.

hey raamla ethana mask paatheenga?...virumaandila ethana mask paatheenga?

both are home productions of Kamal ... Am i right ? :roll:

rajasaranam
17th June 2008, 01:17 PM

There stands kamal with his inconsistencies. A permanent conflict between the Creator and the Actor. Has he been only the Creator the need to glorify his heroes would have been kept aside and the narration will take the lead. But kamal being also an actor, though coming up with excellent plots/ scripts goofs up in the screenplay in order to pave way for his heroisms.

Over indulgence of kamal the Actor into his movies is killing the creator slowly and nowthat after DasA I can witness The creator is Drowning for sure I've lost all hopes that the creator will be rescued atll.
Only kamal the Rationalist can revive that hope :x

kannannn
17th June 2008, 01:35 PM
i also can ask

can mahendran write hey raam

maniratnam write mahanadhi

balumahendra write virumandi...

everybody has got their own style!

u ask emotionally drainING movies from kamalhhasan!

i dont think any movie MENTIONED BY YOU is as emotionally drained as "MAHANADHI"!
Exactly!! You don't have to make a full fledged love story to show that you are good at it (BTW, Raja Paarvai is conveniently forgotten). Few directors can better the pain and love expressed by Mythili and Saket in HR in the scene where they are waiting outside Abhyankar's room, even with a full length film. It is just a matter of what he wants to make. Feature length love stories probably don't interest him now. Adhukkaga nethipottula thuppaki vechu love story ezhudhunna solla mudiyum!!

selvakumar
17th June 2008, 04:33 PM
eppadinga intha paruthiveeran la aen british rule, kutravel mothakondu illaatha logic ellam vanthu miga periya story aanathey athu maariya :lol: :lol: atha neenga panninaalae pothumga... cooling glass ellam kadaiyila kedaikirathu... british aatchikku poganumnnu avasiyam illa :lol:

jaiganes
17th June 2008, 09:49 PM
Kamal as a creator - puts in a lot of written word. Lot is focussed on the next dialogue - too much talk. This can sometimes take action away from action films, mood away from serious films. Not every action of character needs to be spelt out - choked out and blurted. Leaving things unsaid is offcourse where the director comes in. The pity is that the directors whom he ghost directs dont have the guts or skill to override Kamal's written word for a scene and present it in their own way. When Kamal himself directs his films - he needs to watch out for this aspect - would do him a lot of good if he has some sensible guidance who can voice opinions freely - free of bias, adulation and awe on the set and during the filming. Directors like Surressh Krishna may not be cinematic geniuses, but when it comes to creating a scene and watching out and visualizing the scene , its impact - have their own grounded sensibilities that can be used instead of being ignored.
It is not as if Kamal never gets this thing right - remember the scene he created in Aboorva sagodharargal - the graphics of kamal's sketch drawig and Janagaraj's reaction before the 'annathe' song. He needs to regain it and I hope he will only with some support from independently thinking collaborators.
It is good to be a 'one man' army, however cinema is not the business for such people. Also I feel he has taken the step into direction much later in his life. The right time was in the 1990s when he was churning out Gunas , Thevar Magans and Mahanadhis. Post 2000 the tastes of audience has also been corrupted by too much of junk movies by everyone else and Kamal has been forced into acting in some junk movies to finance the creator on the next and the whole process has indeed taken a toll of hi juices as clearly seen in Dasa. Offcourse I can be this armchair critic and keep typing all day - much of this is just a lament while Kamal fans have field day punching and ridiculing every counter opinion perfectly aping Vijay fans or Rajini fans or simbu fans or the hub's fave - ajith fans. EOD they are fans while I am not and my opinions however stupid are independant.

thamizhvaanan
18th June 2008, 10:02 AM

he has written for devar magan,kurudhipunal,mahanadhi,cirumaandi,hey raam for ur info! :D

oh yeah.. and the dialogues in the movies that you mentioned worked perfectly. Perhaps the intensity of his dialogues were perfect for the serious nature of these films. Hey ram is once again the ultimate :thumbsup: (like there is any other department in which the film didnt excel). But when he writes for a film like 10A or MX, he writes quite witty lines and while we are in that elevated appreciation, then comes some lame dialogues perhaps to please all sections. But we end up thinking, oh... this is to please others... oh.. this is KH himself at his best.. etc., I don't know how to put it, but it interfered with the movie watching experience for me, KH the creator was too visible and I expend too much effort to guess his intention. I feel that smoothness is lacking :oops:

But I myself am feeling ashamed... Kamal ivlo pannadhuku appramum avar work'la nottu kandu pidikradhu romba over thaan. I cant resist comparing with sivaji, where eventhough the whole movie was a bit of letdown, everybody were on the money to mention that Rajni did his part, no complaints, only the director is there to blame. He emerged unscathed like always. But even when nammavar takes so much effort, excels in so many departments and even after the film met the expectations better than what Sivaji managed, finger is being pointed at him, every minor flaw discussed to the core, people think out of their skin to identify what is wrong with the film, I just dont see the point.

Those who couldnt appreciate his earlier perfect films have no rights to complain abt these little imperfections. But even I'm finding flaws with 10A, but I think as a fan I'm excused :P :ashamed:

jaiganes
19th June 2008, 03:10 AM

oh yeah.. and the dialogues in the movies that you mentioned worked perfectly. Perhaps the intensity of his dialogues were perfect for the serious nature of these films. Hey ram is once again the ultimate :thumbsup: (like there is any other department in which the film didnt excel). But when he writes for a film like 10A or MX, he writes quite witty lines and while we are in that elevated appreciation, then comes some lame dialogues perhaps to please all sections. But we end up thinking, oh... this is to please others... oh.. this is KH himself at his best.. etc., I don't know how to put it, but it interfered with the movie watching experience for me, KH the creator was too visible and I expend too much effort to guess his intention. I feel that smoothness is lacking :oops:

But I myself am feeling ashamed... Kamal ivlo pannadhuku appramum avar work'la nottu kandu pidikradhu romba over thaan. I cant resist comparing with sivaji, where eventhough the whole movie was a bit of letdown, everybody were on the money to mention that Rajni did his part, no complaints, only the director is there to blame. He emerged unscathed like always. But even when nammavar takes so much effort, excels in so many departments and even after the film met the expectations better than what Sivaji managed, finger is being pointed at him, every minor flaw discussed to the core, people think out of their skin to identify what is wrong with the film, I just dont see the point.

Those who couldnt appreciate his earlier perfect films have no rights to complain abt these little imperfections. But even I'm finding flaws with 10A, but I think as a fan I'm excused :P :ashamed:
This comparison with Rajini is a nondi kudhirai saakku.
Rajini does not put "Story Screen play direction " in titles. Rajini doesn't tell Camera man how to light up the scene. Rajini doesn't come to the first day of the shoot and says 'packup to the director'.
So Rajini is not responsible for anything else except his own style, mannerisms and to an extent his performance. I guess you will understand that.
With big powers come big responsibilities says a dialogue in Chpiderman.
I guess it applies to Kamal. He assumes big powers over his projects and finally director says the film is all about kamal and it also means - if you did not like something in the movie - it is also kamal's share.

libran005
19th June 2008, 10:25 AM
First things first...Kamal has astouned and made many a people think what they are doing with his quality story, screenplay, direction, and ofcourse acting.

More than the Creator or Actor its his Passion for quality Cinema and Intelligence that shows. When every actor does some crap stuff at 50 (running around the trees with a 16 year old, wearing misfit clothes ( -deleted-), he makes sure he creates a platform for himself everytime.

Its good to see such bashing criticism for DASA. This clearly proves the so called CRITICS themselves arent intelligent. Kamal's movies are like Rahman's songs... The deeper you watch the more you explore. For the layman it might be a short story...for those who watch it with passion its an epic.

Hope Kamal directs Rajini and makes a strong movie that can go international cutting across language and caste barriers.

crajkumar_be
19th June 2008, 12:54 PM
EOD they are fans while I am not and my opinions however stupid are independant.
1. It's independent
2. Enna oru condescension :notworthy:

thamiz
19th June 2008, 11:13 PM
This comparison with Rajini is a nondi kudhirai saakku.
Rajini does not put "Story Screen play direction " in titles. Rajini doesn't tell Camera man how to light up the scene. Rajini doesn't come to the first day of the shoot and says 'packup to the director'.
So Rajini is not responsible for anything else except his own style, mannerisms and to an extent his performance. I guess you will understand that.
With big powers come big responsibilities says a dialogue in Chpiderman.
I guess it applies to Kamal. He assumes big powers over his projects and finally director says the film is all about kamal and it also means - if you did not like something in the movie - it is also kamal's share.

Well said! :)

mohanraman
20th June 2008, 01:08 AM
Dear Friends,
I have posted a speech by the late thespian Dr.Sivaji Ganesan at a function held on 10th July 2000, which I helped organise thought you will like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUAmXbw0BRY

Todays dasavatharam hero Sri.Kamalhaasan too spoke in that function and I suggest you watch this FIRST as it is referred to by Nadigar thilakam when he spoke.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb9N3-4GTaM
regards
Mohan Raman
I am a regular in the Nadigar Thilakam string, I read it I mean.Thought My good friend Shri Kamal's fans may want to see this speech as it has not come on ANY TV etc. All the best.