PDA

View Full Version : tamil film heroines

cinemalover
3rd June 2008, 12:19 AM
for long there has been a question running in the mind of general tamil public and movie goers,
why there are not many tamil women coming on top as heroines
and nearly 95% of the tamil heroines are non tamil people.

and these thoughts will further be discussed elaborately in this topic.

before 1950 most of the heroines were tamil as knowing and speaking fluent tamil(even singing)is a compulsory for all actress.

but when india become independent there was large state of Madras covering most of 4 southern states and chennai served as the hub of film producing for all 4 southern languages, so from there the invasion of non tamil actresses begun

also playback singing become popular and these non tamil actress spoke fluent tamil.
but north indian actress are literally unknown till 1980s.

to be continued....................

cinemalover
3rd June 2008, 02:05 PM
in the fifties and sixties most of the tamil heroines were telugu(banumathi,savitri,anjali devi)or kannada(saroja devi,jayanthi,bharathi)or mallu(padmini&sisters), and they talked fluent tamil,though many popular tamil heroines were also there like vijayakumari etc.

also many non tamil heroines were natives of madras so no linguistic problems arose.

most notably the beautiful and fantastic tamil actress ever vyjayanthi mala,born and brought up ion chennai chose hindi film for tamil ones.

hemamalini,rekha,sridevi,meenakshi seshadri followed her footsteps and made enormous success in hindi films.

one cinema analyst pointed out the reason not so many tamil actress coming on top in kollywood is that most of the fair and beautiful tamil women in tamilnadu are from brahmin community and becausse of anti brahmin sentiments of 50s and 60s they fled to other film world or feared enterimng tamil industry.

exception to this view are jayalaitha and lakshmi who remained top heroines of their time.

by 70s most of the heroines were from telugu or malayalam.
and with rathi agnihotri's debut in tamil, the stage was set for great bombay invasion.

Vivasaayi
3rd June 2008, 02:12 PM
konja(m) koochapaduvanga pola... :ashamed:

cinemalover
3rd June 2008, 02:21 PM
konja(m) koochapaduvanga pola... :ashamed:

that was before 1990, from then on mnay were willing to let go off

accham,naanam,madam and payirpu

suganya
kasturi
gaythri jayaram
gaythri raghram
kanika
trisha
priyamani

rajasaranam
3rd June 2008, 02:40 PM
in the fifties and sixties most of the tamil heroines were telugu(banumathi,savitri,anjali devi)or kannada(saroja devi,jayanthi,bharathi)or mallu(padmini&sisters), and they talked fluent tamil,though many popular tamil heroines were also there like vijayakumari etc.

also many non tamil heroines were natives of madras so no linguistic problems arose.

most notably the beautiful and fantastic tamil actress ever vyjayanthi mala,born and brought up ion chennai chose hindi film for tamil ones.

hemamalini,rekha,sridevi,meenakshi seshadri followed her footsteps and made enormous success in hindi films.

one cinema analyst pointed out the reason not so many tamil actress coming on top in kollywood is that most of the fair and beautiful tamil women in tamilnadu are from brahmin community and becausse of anti brahmin sentiments of 50s and 60s they fled to other film world or feared enterimng tamil industry.

exception to this view are jayalaitha and lakshmi who remained top heroines of their time.

by 70s most of the heroines were from telugu or malayalam.
and with rathi agnihotri's debut in tamil, the stage was set for great bombay invasion.

:roll:

joe
3rd June 2008, 02:42 PM
one cinema analyst pointed out the reason not so many tamil actress coming on top in kollywood is that most of the fair and beautiful tamil women in tamilnadu are from brahmin community and becausse of anti brahmin sentiments of 50s and 60s they fled to other film world or feared enterimng tamil industry..

This is pure crap :x

cinemalover
3rd June 2008, 03:19 PM
since 1970s tamil fil ndustry mostly produced low budget flicks and indusstry dominated by directors with MGR left and sivaji running a lone race, the importance having a glamorous heroines was unwarranted

but bharati raja introdueced rathi agnihotri a punjapi who made huge success , but she too moved northwards to telugu then to hindi like sridevi.

so when sridevi left there was huge vaccum created in tamil films for a complete actres,who is beautiful ,glamourous, talentd and loved by many.
that vaccum was occasionally filled by many but for a brief period and true cinema lovers were sincerley longing for a actress like sridevi for decades.

top actress from the time sridevi left tamil till now.

criteria is beauty,popularity,box office record,number of films, dancing acting skills and having a fan following among male youth population(they now account for 75% of BO collections)

1. 1983-86 ambika radha

2.1986-90 revathy,amala,nadhiya,seetha(all quit after marriage)

3.1990-1993 kushboo(for unknow reasons she was removed from all films in mid 1993)

4.1993-96 meena roja

5.1996-97 invasion of bollywood nagma(from 94),aishwarya rai,tabu,sushmita,shilpa shetty,kajol, simran and a host of unknopwn bombay actresses(there were nearly 25-50 debutants in the late ninties)

6.1997-2004 simran(till her marriage)

7.2004-05 trisha and sneha

8.2005-07 asin

9. 2007 shreya(upto 1.1.2008)

10.2008 nayathara

raaja_rasigan
3rd June 2008, 10:08 PM
u missed Jothika

cinemalover
3rd June 2008, 10:34 PM
i am writing from a critical and analytical point of view based on study,analysis,observation and my own love of cinema.
thats differnet story.
in the period 1998-2000 simran knocked out every heroine in tamil and only and noone came close to her, but she was lured by tollywood which offered more money, and she opted out of kushi and tenali which went to jothika who was considered not a good actress at the time acted in both films and become a distant second to simran.
but most of her films in 2001 and 2002 have failed and laila with a handful of hits in 2001 -02 set to become number 1 or 2.
even kiran after gemini and villain winner was considered as an alternative,
but jothika inspite of dozen failures got theses actresses chances in 2003 and even after dhool,KK and tirumali she was written off in 2004 after the failure of arul.
in 2004 she was cast in perazhalgan instead of navya nair at surya's insistence and mayavi also failed.only with manmadhan she hanged on.
also no actress was willing toi pair with prabhu in chandramukhi,so she got the chance.
and her film in june R failed miserably in 2005 causing 5 crore loss and gautam menon cast her in his next two films.
she also tried in telugu but they also failed.
with VV and SOK(again all actress opted out because of her, first asin and deepika paducone)and finally off market bhoomika was cast.and her next 2films failed.

mozhi become hit because most films got postponed due to world cup 07 and imminent sivaji release in april, so itr had a free run in most therates.

so for me she is not a top or winning actress as simran.

cinemalover
3rd June 2008, 10:59 PM
to be atop actress means,

box office record
number of hits in a given period
fan cult following
acting with major heros/directors
continued fan following even after retiring.
and mainly salary drawn.
simran was earning on par with bollywood actresses
kushboo was still like by many of her fans........

hattori_hanzo
4th June 2008, 12:09 PM
kushi and tenali which went to jothika who was considered not a good actress at the time...distant second to simran....but jothika inspite of dozen failures .....even after dhool,KK and tirumali she was written off in 2004 after the failure of arul....in 2004 she was cast in perazhalgan instead of navya nair at surya's insistence and mayavi also failed.....only with manmadhan she hanged on.....also no actress was willing toi pair with prabhu in chandramukhi,so she got the chance....
and her film in june R failed miserably in 2005 causing 5 crore loss ....she also tried in telugu but they also failed....
...all actress opted out because of her, first asin and deepika paducone....and her next 2films failed....mozhi become hit because most films got postponed due to world cup 07....

Jothika mela ungulukku ivalo kobama? :D

cinemalover
4th June 2008, 01:30 PM
regarding jothika i am sure that she got chance not due to acting or popularity,
as her 7 films failed in 2001-02,
whereas laila gave half a dozen hits.

selvakumar
4th June 2008, 02:59 PM
I strongly condemn Vivasaayi for diverting cinemalover who was providing wonderful analysis on heroines. :evil: The flow is stopped and cinemalover is yet to write about other heroines :twisted:
We miss wonderful analysis like this. I throughly enjoyed reading the below lines

and she opted out of kushi and tenali which went to jothika who was considered not a good actress at the time acted in both films and become a distant second to simran :rotfl: :rotfl:

regarding jothika i am sure that she got chance not due to acting or popularity,

even kiran after gemini and villain winner was considered as an alternative, :exactly: Super....... :victory:

but jothika inspite of dozen failures got theses actresses chances in 2003 and even after dhool,KK and tirumali she was written off in 2004 after the failure of arul.

:exactly:

in 2004 she was cast in perazhalgan instead of navya nair at surya's insistence and mayavi also failed.only with manmadhan she hanged on.
also no actress was willing toi pair with prabhu in chandramukhi,so she got the chance. :rotfl: :rotfl:

and her film in june R failed miserably in 2005 causing 5 crore loss and gautam menon cast her in his next two films.
she also tried in telugu but they also failed.
with VV and SOK(again all actress opted out because of her, first asin and deepika paducone)and finally off market bhoomika was cast.and her next 2films failed.

mozhi become hit because most films got postponed due to world cup 07 and imminent sivaji release in april, so itr had a free run in most therates.

so for me she is not a top or winning actress as simran.

cinemalover - Wonderful write up on Jyothika akka. :notworthy:

cinemalover
4th June 2008, 03:13 PM
coming back to actresses,

in 1980s when there is no TV or net, with only govt.controlled radion, most of the movie related info.on cinema came through magazines.

though many magazines like bommai,pesum padam and cinema express gave detailed information on everything about cinema, ther are 100s of yellow magazines that gave bad,unproved and titilating info on actresses.
they talked about actresses compromises onachieving stardom and the abuse and exploitation of women by cine people.
these are further spread through word of mouth as gossips which gripped the mind of genberal public even now.

this prevented aspiring actresses to enter cine field and to mover toward more honourable professions.

though this attitude changed in late 80s and early 90s and many tamil women tested their luck at kollywood.the problem is most of these women came from higher levels of society or from a cosmopoiltan setups with increased social and economic liberation,they too failed to make a mark.
so they moved to other fields or married and settled p[eacefully.

suganya is the only one to reach top actress status by a tamil women,she too sidelined after kushboo's success

also the north indian actresses are extroverted by nature, comfortable in western dresses and came in huge number to choose from.

if yoy see the films released in mid ninities you can see how many new faces were debuted, over 50% of films had newcomers from bombay.

selvakumar
4th June 2008, 03:15 PM
I feel your articles are somewhat biased. Praising an actor and ridiculing his rival will certainly not please anyone, including the Mods, becuase of which ur earlier posts might have been removed.
:exactly:
We shall treat this thread as 'CINEMALOVER' thread :)

cinemalover
4th June 2008, 03:20 PM
see i dont have any personal favourites.

because i criticise jothika doesnot mean i am a fan of simran.
for me an actress not speaking her own voice is no actress at all.
but since manirathnam and KB gave clean chit to simran, so i take their words as they are the best in the TFI, particularly using actresses well in their movies.

i make my views taking a overall view, not personal likes or dislikes.

in some other forum one member wrote that jyothika is the best actress and she acted best as a deaf and dumb in mozhi 2007 and contributed to the success.
i immediately asked my friend its a director film and anyone would have acted like her in the movie.
he asked then prove it.

i said exactly 20 years before mozhi in 1987, director fazil made 4 year old sujitha as a deaf and mute person (who must save herself from her parents's killer) in poovizhi vaasalile.
i asked him to watch the movie as the child matched the brilliant acting of satyaraj and raghuvaran in that film.

selvakumar
4th June 2008, 03:40 PM
in some other forum one member wrote that jyothika is the best actress and she acted best as a deaf and dumb in mozhi 2007 and contributed to the success.
i immediately asked my friend its a director film and anyone would have acted like her in the movie.
he asked then prove it.

i said exactly 20 years before mozhi in 1987, director fazil made 4 year old sujitha as a deaf and mute person (who must save herself from her parents's killer) in poovizhi vaasalile.
i asked him to watch the movie as the child matched the brilliant acting of satyaraj and raghuvaran in that film.
:shock: :exactly: :notworthy:

cinemalover
4th June 2008, 10:38 PM
continuing our discussion of why not so many tamil women coming as heroines.

some of the reasons are,
1.the dubbing system
2.craze for people to see fair chubby heroines in skimpy clothing
3.most our heros are ugly and look like watchman or driver, filmmakers need some kind of technique to compensate the defieciency in hero's personality(both mental and physical)

they need trisha and nayanthara as lovers and mallika as sisters.

now these heros want heroines half their ages.
from 2005 all film starring major heros,
the heroines need to be half or at least 2/3 rds of heros age.

now the cutt off age of heroine's retirmenent is down to 25 or 26.

Thirumaran
5th June 2008, 10:11 AM
Heroines pathiyum konjam paesungalaen :lol2:

Sanjeevi
5th June 2008, 10:13 AM
3.1990-1993 kushboo(for unknow reasons she was removed from all films in mid 1993)
6.1997-2004 simran(till her marriage)

Kushboo - 4 years
Simran - 8 years

I think kushboo was ruled TFI more than 4 years like Simran

joe
5th June 2008, 10:13 AM

Ippa uLLa heroins ellam ore kuttaiyila uRuna mattaigal thaan. :x

Sanjeevi
5th June 2008, 10:14 AM

Sari entha mattai nalla uri irukkunu pesunga :lol:

sarna_blr
5th June 2008, 10:17 AM

Sari entha mattai nalla uri irukkunu pesunga :lol:

Sneha... :lol2:

evlO periya valarchi from VirumbugirEn to Pandi... :lol2:

Thirumaran
5th June 2008, 10:27 AM

Ithu konjam illa, romba athigamaavae paesiteenga :lol2:

Vivasaayi
5th June 2008, 10:29 AM
sari sari...sattu buttunu edhavadhu gilmava picture post pannunga!

hubuku aadharavu international levela thookidum..indha oru threadu nalaye!

topic-a masala heroines nu maathiduvoma

sarna_blr
5th June 2008, 10:29 AM
vivasaayi :twisted:

Vivasaayi
5th June 2008, 10:41 AM
why sarna tension?

idhuvum samooga seviathan...sumoogama mods kitta pesi paapom

sarna_blr
5th June 2008, 10:42 AM
why sarna tension?

idhuvum samooga seviathan...sumoogama mods kitta pesi paapom

that is Twisted evil :lol2:

Vivasaayi
5th June 2008, 10:46 AM
okok

namma huboda valarchiku indha maadhiri sila pala steps eduthu vechathan mudiyum!

chumma rajni-kamal

ajith-vijay

arr-ir nutu.

Thirumaran
5th June 2008, 10:49 AM
.sumoogama mods kitta pesi paapom

It is very bad.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

:notthatway:

Athu maathiri yaethaavathu iruntha enakku mattum PM pannunga :oops:

sarna_blr
5th June 2008, 11:29 AM
:lol2:

cinemalover
9th June 2008, 03:38 PM
kanavu kanni 2008 yarr?

--------------------------------

the candidates.

1.nayanthaara

2.shreya

3.asin

4.trisha

5.bhavana

6.sneha

7.sandhyaa

8.tammana

9.sadha

10.priya mani

VENKIRAJA
9th June 2008, 03:47 PM
Sadha,Sandhya,Bhavana-ku ellam padame illepa!
Jayam Kondaan mattum thaan.Athula ellam kanavukanni aagurathu remba kashtam.Trisha kooda kittathetta athe case thaan.I would like thamanna to hold it,but she wouldn't.

cinemalover
9th June 2008, 03:49 PM
kanavu kanni mena s those who linger in the minds of current movie goers.

they may be winners or failures.

detailed analysis will be given on request.

sarna_blr
9th June 2008, 03:58 PM
Jayam Kondaan mattum thaan.Athula ellam kanavukanni aagurathu remba kashtam.Trisha kooda kittathetta athe case thaan.I would like thamanna to hold it,but she wouldn't.

:evil: Tamannaah is my darling... she doent need be kanavu kanni of anyone :rant:

VENKIRAJA
9th June 2008, 04:02 PM

:evil: Tamannaah is my darling... she doent need be kanavu kanni of anyone :rant:

Kuthagaikka eduthirukeenga?One for each and each for one.First piost edit panni poll vachirungalen CL!

cinemalover
9th June 2008, 04:05 PM
poll na problem varum

everyone have their right for KK.

cinemalover
9th June 2008, 09:50 PM
in every age of tamil cinema there are certain actresses appear and stay for some time.

they may be beautiful or not
they may be talented or not
they may be successful or not,

but they certainly have some fans atleast one fan in the whole universe.

in this topic we will see whether anyone like that and anyone actually their fans.

my list of such actresses.

1.kausalya
2.priya raman
3.shenbaga
4.jayasheel
5.anita
6.isha koppikar
7.gayatri jayaram
8.sherin

selvakumar
9th June 2008, 09:51 PM
:? This can be discussed in your heroines thread itself. Why a separate thread ? :?

(Ippadinnu naan ketka mattaen. MODS ketpaanga :wink: )

Shakthiprabha.
9th June 2008, 10:00 PM
Shireen who acted in WHISTLE

very presentable actress.

I really did like her. I was her fan when I saw whistle and I love watching "azhagiya asura" song

I feel SHE IS BEAUTIFUL naturally. Very charming!

She is MORE BEAUTIFUL than most actresses like shreya, genila , nayantara, or even tamanna.

She did act reasonably well. Wonder why nothing came up later on?

None else in the above list mattered (matters) to me.

sincerely,
Shakthiprabha ( a fan of shireen)

There were lot of such ladies in olden eras too. Some else can throw light :?

I can recollect few in 80z era

1. Mohini (a real dazzling beauty who did not make it big)
2. lizy (one who acted in vikram)
3. kuyili (sad she was stamped as an item girl, when she had all nice features to play a cute nice innocent heroine)
4. silk smita ( most beautiful and sexy actress with enormous talent, SADLY WASTED :cry: and did not make it big except as an item girl )

selvakumar
9th June 2008, 10:08 PM
:?

cinemalover
9th June 2008, 10:24 PM
but i wanted to giove prominence to these often neglected KKs, when usless actresses are given a separate thread.

i am sorry my friend i forgot mohini,
thats why i opened this, to give footage(???) to these less priveledged.

swathy
9th June 2008, 10:25 PM
I admire silk smitha a lot . TFI has misused her.

her costumes in the song"adiye .."(neengal kettavai) suits well.

Vivasaayi
9th June 2008, 10:26 PM
yarupa kai vittadhu...

panchayatha kooti sErthu vechudalam..ilaati abaraadham nooru rooba potralama?

swathy
9th June 2008, 10:27 PM
Anna latchumi
Guna Roshni
Vasundhara dass
eshwari rao

Vivasaayi
9th June 2008, 10:27 PM
but i wanted to giove prominence to these often neglected KKs, when usless actresses are given a separate thread.

i am sorry my friend i forgot mohini,
thats why i opened this, to give footage(???) to these less priveledged.

appo adhu uselessthreadu

mods a poota sollidalama?

Vivasaayi
9th June 2008, 10:28 PM
Anna latchumi
Guna Roshni

swathy
9th June 2008, 10:29 PM
Anna latchumi
Guna Roshni

Virumandi-Abirami
Guna heroine

Shakthiprabha.
9th June 2008, 10:29 PM
I admire silk smitha a lot . TFI has misused her.

her costumes in the song"adiye .."(neengal kettavai) suits well.

:bow: I am her fan swathy! :)

In some songs where shez clad well, her grace and beauty and smile is breathtaking! ACting is no less too.

In some tv interview long back KUYILI had mentioned

நாங்க எல்லாம் முயன்று செய்யறோம்...to look attractive or inviting....but silk smitha's voice, talk, tone...her walk, her smile, her posture, her gesture, SHE DOES NOT EVEN TRY. everything so naturally beautiful. She is VERY SEXY naturally, and hence WOULD NEVER LOOK VULGAR but just cute " (sexy to be differentiated from being vulgar plz)

apdeenu sonnaanga :)

I somehow feel, if dressed well, shez one of those beautiful menaka or ramba god created :)

cinemalover
9th June 2008, 10:30 PM
sivaranjani of ninties.

Shakthiprabha.
9th June 2008, 10:32 PM
yes guna heroine !

cinemalover
9th June 2008, 10:33 PM
her name is roshini

priya32
நடிகை சில்க்-ன் perfect song-nA...enakku 'ponmEni urugudhE' தான் ஞாபகம் வரும்!

Excellent costume (though they (kamal& Silk) wore minimum clothing) choreography, style, song, perfection, chemistry between kamal & silk...perfect on everything! :)

Shakthiprabha.
ILavarasi (she never made it big. Her looks or acting was so-so)

Kasthuri (never made it big, she acted good and looked presentable too)

Shakthiprabha.
9th June 2008, 10:34 PM
நடிகை சில்க்-ன் perfect song-nA...enakku 'ponmEni urugudhE' தான் ஞாபகம் வரும்!

Excellent costume (though they (kamal& Silk) wore minimum clothing) choreography, style, song, perfection, chemistry between kamal & silk...perfect on everything! :)

:) :thumbsup:

cinemalover
also the heroine in kamalhassan film kalaignan and heroine of prabhu's kattumarakaran.

sonali kulkarni of may matham.

lavanya swaminathan in a film raghuman with SOB as hero.

cinemalover
kozhi koovudhu viji.

tall beautiful , fluent in tamil.
but she commited suicide.

swathy
9th June 2008, 10:35 PM
also one more song with prabhu

kalidasan kannadasan....

Shakthiprabha.
9th June 2008, 10:35 PM
kozhi koovudhu viji.

yeah :(

Shakthiprabha.
9th June 2008, 10:36 PM
Idhaythai thirudathE girija... did she act in any other movie? She was presentable enough.

Aswini (uthirip pookaL)
roopa (oru thalai raagam)

priya32
9th June 2008, 10:37 PM
kozhi koovudhu viji.

yeah :(

I thought she got sick (with an unknown disease) and had a natural death!

cinemalover
9th June 2008, 10:38 PM
but after kushboo's sucess TFI wanted northern indian actresses, so that it works (ie the combination0with our typical south indian heros)manorama complained in a interview.

sneha is a an exception.
we atleast have mallu babes like asin,NT
also tamil ones trisha and priya mani.

cinemalover
9th June 2008, 10:40 PM
aswini of pondatti thevai.

vijayalakshmi of friends fame.

ninaithale nargis-2007 film.

Shakthiprabha.
9th June 2008, 10:41 PM
Sithara

(some of whom I mention may not be ultimate beauties or be talented, but did not grow big in TFI )

Even Puthu puthu arthangaL - Geetha did not shine in TFI

priya32
9th June 2008, 10:45 PM
I wish I could hear more about 80's actress Madhavi!

It says...

"In 1996, she married businessman Sharma, who is half-Indian and half-German, and moved to New Jersey to raise her three children and assist her husband in his business."

I wonder how she looks and what she is doing right now!

swathy
9th June 2008, 10:47 PM
Idhaythai thirudathE girija... did she act in any other movie? She was presentable enough.

she did one movie (vandhanam) in malayalam with lalettan

swathy
9th June 2008, 10:50 PM
kadhal mannan heroine

pandavar boomi heroine

Heera

cinemalover
9th June 2008, 11:02 PM
kadhal mannan heroine manu from assam refused to act glamourously.

Shakthiprabha.
9th June 2008, 11:05 PM
pandavar boomi heroine

Shwetha

// swathy, u have conn at home :? //

Shakthiprabha.
9th June 2008, 11:07 PM
Jayasudha
Jayabharathi
Subhashini
The lady who acted as surya's pair in friends :?

cinemalover
9th June 2008, 11:16 PM
vijayalakshmi.
now acting n sun tv serial vasantham

she attempted suicide in 2006.

jayasudha was a top actress in telugu and jayabharathi in malayalam.

subhashini is the sister of jayasudha, danced in aasiya kadoola thoodhu vittu in johny.

vijayalakshmi was really unlucky.
she iss beautiful but got no chances.

she even acted very sexily in a parthiban film/

Nerd
9th June 2008, 11:18 PM
I wish I could hear more about 80's actress Madhavi!

It says...

"In 1996, she married businessman Sharma, who is half-Indian and half-German, and moved to New Jersey to raise her three children and assist her husband in his business."

I wonder how she looks and what she is doing right now!
I think madhavi was very famous at that time with a bunch of tamil and mallu movies. She had a natural decline of fame I believe :roll: She is one of my favorites..

cinemalover
9th June 2008, 11:19 PM
madhavi doesnt count, as she was famous and successful in early to mid 80s in all southern languages.

cinemalover
9th June 2008, 11:20 PM
suman ranganathan of maanagara kaval

and pudhu paatu

cinemalover
9th June 2008, 11:21 PM
nishanti , sister of bhanupriya.

nirosha

Shakthiprabha.
9th June 2008, 11:28 PM
Who is vijayalakshmi?
any link? any pictures? any more infos?

Nerd
9th June 2008, 11:37 PM
Who is vijayalakshmi?
any link? any pictures? any more infos?
Are we talking about friends vijayalakshmi? Surya's love interest in that movie..
http://www.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/16112006-1.shtml

Shakthiprabha.
9th June 2008, 11:40 PM
oh yeah the friends pair :(
I felt she was too good too , beauty and talent wise :(
What could have gone wrong :?

Vivasaayi
9th June 2008, 11:42 PM
the success of actresses plainly depend upon the success of the movie they act in!

they need tobe a lucky pair for the hero!

its not a time where a role goes to a heroine because only she could do justice for that!

johnny - sridevi

varumayin niram sigappu - sridevi

samsaram adhu minsaram - lakshmi madhiri

MADDY
10th June 2008, 12:23 PM
Flash: Priyamani wins national award in best actress category :)

raaja_rasigan
10th June 2008, 12:35 PM
I voted for her (Priyamani) in Hub Awards too :D

Vivasaayi
10th June 2008, 02:18 PM

appo national awardkum neenga vote panneengala

sarna_blr
10th June 2008, 02:22 PM

appo national awardkum neenga vote panneengala

:lol: