virarajendra
7th June 2008, 07:38 AM
"Ariya(m) Munth(u)Thamilum udane solli
kaarikaiyarkku karunai seithaane"
Thirumamthiram - Payiram Verse 65

"ThamilSol VadaSol enum evvirandum
unarththum avanai unaralumame"
Thirumamthiram - Payiram Verse 66

From the above reference it is noted, that Thirumular mentions Tamil being earlier than Sanskrit

Punnaimaran
24th June 2008, 12:50 PM
Dear Uthappam,

During our college days, there used to be debates on the very same topic and almost every time there will be no sensible argument other than ego clashes between 2 groups. In my opiniion, we Indians are not matured enough to debate such topics academically without emotional outbursts.
So it would be better for all of us to think about how we are going to make India a better place for our future generations.

Regards,
Punnaimaran

pizzalot
14th July 2008, 07:02 AM
I can answer this if someone gives me the era in which Sanskrit was last heard spoken.

Badri
14th July 2008, 08:25 AM
Dear Uthappam,

During our college days, there used to be debates on the very same topic and almost every time there will be no sensible argument other than ego clashes between 2 groups. In my opiniion, we Indians are not matured enough to debate such topics academically without emotional outbursts.
So it would be better for all of us to think about how we are going to make India a better place for our future generations.

Regards,
Punnaimaran

Well said! Are there any historic (dated) evidences on both sides? In the absence of that, it is a useless debate! Only opinions and no facts!

Punnaimaran
14th July 2008, 12:08 PM
Well said! Are there any historic (dated) evidences on both sides? In the absence of that, it is a useless debate! Only opinions and no facts!

And each group trying to show that they are superiror to the other !!

pizzalot
15th July 2008, 06:40 PM

What is wrong in that ?

:)

Badri
16th July 2008, 08:48 AM

What is wrong in that ?

:)

DONT!!!! The world nowadays totally misses out on sarcasm! Re the cartoon on the New Yorker!

Someone might take you seriously and start answering you even! :roll: