PDA

View Full Version : Memories Of Greatest Cricketers - - #8 Shane Warne

Pages : 1 [2]

directhit
27th August 2009, 01:56 PM
chinna payyanukku gaaji kudukkaama yEmaathittu post vEra :lol2: :lol:

P_R
27th August 2009, 02:15 PM
In the Asian test championship ('98) he broke through Rahul Dravid's defence. He got him out lbw the previous ball but the umprire turned it down. The next one was a fantastic ball Dravid couldn't answer.

I guess you are mentioning the 1999 Chennai test Second innings in which Sachin scored 136.... Athulla thaan ithu nadakum....The umpire who denied Dravid's LBW was Steve Dunn.....
Oh okay !

Here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFOjvZaXeQ8

crajkumar_be
27th August 2009, 02:52 PM
In the Asian test championship ('98) he broke through Rahul Dravid's defence. He got him out lbw the previous ball but the umprire turned it down. The next one was a fantastic ball Dravid couldn't answer.

I guess you are mentioning the 1999 Chennai test Second innings in which Sachin scored 136.... Athulla thaan ithu nadakum....The umpire who denied Dravid's LBW was Steve Dunn..... Athe paradesi thaan Ganguly ku 1 pitch catch a out kuduthuduvaan....

The ball that dismissed Dravid in the second innings to me was the ball of the century.... The LBW appeal was an inswinger to Dravid which would pitch in line straighten and hit him in line which was absolutely plumb.... The next delivery would also pitch in line and Dravid would try to play it within the line with a straight bat but the ball will beat him swinging the other way clipping the outside part of the off stump.... Chance e illa..... Akram was also my favorite bowler....

Asian Test Championship la Dravid was dismissed by Shoiab Akthar and the very next ball he bowled Sachin with a Yorker...... Second innings layum Dravid was dismissed by Akthar if I remember right....and Sachin was runout in a controversial manner.... Steve bucknor thaan ithula villian....
Naanum lighta confuse aitten between ATC (Calcutta) and the Chennai test.

The umpire who denied Dravid's LBW was Steve Dunn..... Athe paradesi thaan Ganguly ku 1 pitch catch a out kuduthuduvaan....
:rotfl2: He is a notorious "out" umpire (pitched outside leg ku ellam out kuduppaan) aana inga maathi not out kuduthuttaan.
"1 pitch catch" yeah :lol:

P_R
27th August 2009, 03:10 PM
1 pitch catch" yeah :lol: French cricket-la legitimate out'unga.

Sanguine Sridhar
27th August 2009, 03:24 PM
1 pitch catch" yeah :lol: French cricket-la legitimate out'unga.

Frech cricket! :lol: Ball-a adichitu, bat-ala iduppa suthuradhu thaane?

France-la appadi oru game irukka enna?

P_R
27th August 2009, 03:26 PM
Frech cricket! :lol: Ball-a adichitu, bat-ala iduppa suthuradhu thaane?
Yes. Plus...oru vattaththukkaLLayE vaazhkkai

France-la appadi oru game irukka enna? Charu Nivedita-vai thaan kEkkaNum

equanimus
27th August 2009, 03:42 PM
A rather funny game indeed. Got a bit curious and searched on the web.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_cricket

littlemaster1982
1st September 2009, 09:22 AM
Allan Donald about Wasin Akram in Cricinfo interview (http://www.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/421926.html)

Who were the fast bowlers you watched and wanted to be as a youngster?

When I started playing, the best fast bowler was Wasim Akram. He was the complete, most skillful fast bowler I ever saw and played against. On the flattest wicket in the world he swung it massively upfront. He was very clever, he was quick, and when the ball was old he was able to reverse it from both sides of the pitch. You just didn't know which way it was swinging. To execute that you needed unbelievable skills. You can talk about it, you can show it on the big screen, but "how the hell does he do it?" was a question on the lips always.

Did you ever ask Akram how he did it?

He simply said he had to work unbelievably hard. He would bowl a lot in the nets, deliberately rough up the ball - a skill learned from the great Imran Khan. He told me about how he experimented at the crease to understand the importance of angles. He would use both sides of the wicket simply so he didn't become predictable. Obviously he was hiding the ball a lot in his bowling stride, so you couldn't say which way it was going to swing. That is how it is: if you don't practise a skill you are not going to become very good at it.

Reverse swing is all about angles on the crease. You watch the very best - and again I use Akram's example. He would come from wide, come from close, come from wide round the crease and create horrible angles. The batsman facing him was aghast to see the ball come at him from his wide left arm and then suddenly swing away. So where he started and where he finished were completely different. And the release is more difficult to execute than anything else. You almost have to turn your body sideways to become a bit slingy. You have to almost drag the ball to make it go wide outside off stump and then bring it back in to hit middle and leg.

The whole interview is quite good :thumbsup:

ajithfederer
26th October 2009, 10:46 AM
Rest in Peace Huma (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Wasim-Akrams-wife-dies-battling-mysterious-fever-in-Chennai/articleshow/5159492.cms)

Condolences to wasim akram and his family.

littlemaster1982
26th October 2009, 10:53 AM
RIP Huma. Condolences to Wasim Akram :(

19thmay
26th October 2009, 11:20 AM
RIP Huma! :(

hamid
26th October 2009, 11:39 AM
RIP :sad:

raghavendran
28th March 2010, 11:38 AM
akram is my fav bowler...lefte may b the reason...cos i m 1 too...6 balls in an over wil b of 6 kinds....king of variations....best odi bowler ever

ajithfederer
30th April 2010, 03:40 AM
http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/site/451900.html?channel=344641;program=878580

ESPNCricinfo Legends of cricket - Wasim Akram. Some great videos.

raghavendran
17th May 2010, 09:54 AM
http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/site/451900.html?channel=344641;program=878580

ESPNCricinfo Legends of cricket - Wasim Akram. Some great videos. 8-)

MADDY
13th August 2010, 06:15 PM
this over made me his fan and watch his bowling/career with all interest :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXgnNNJOGOY

P.S: this is from infamous chennai test where sachin almost took us home :)

raghavendran
18th August 2010, 07:10 PM

ESPNCricinfo Legends of cricket - Wasim Akram. Some great videos. :notworthy:

umaramesh
4th September 2010, 03:49 PM
SIMON DOULL SAYS MATCH FIXING OVER NZ WIN OVER PAK IN 1994:

I guess there was a lot of no balls in that innings I think Wasim akram bowled about 12 no balls. There was a lot of short deliveries that seemed to give as free runs.

Former Judge of pakistan says he advised PCB and Govt of pakistan to probe wealth of cricketer especially Akram/Younis/Malik but as usual his advise was not taken seriously.

Wasim advising Indian Cricketers :lol:

regards
ramesh

Puliyan_Biryani
23rd September 2010, 11:27 PM
Mods, would it be alright if this thread is used for Warnie?

littlemaster1982
23rd September 2010, 11:47 PM
Go ahead P_B. PM Prabhu Ram/NOV to change the title of this thread to include Warne's name :D

Puliyan_Biryani
25th September 2010, 02:45 PM
SHANE WARNE

[html:a8c704b185]http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42195000/jpg/_42195284_warne300.jpg[/html:a8c704b185]

Bio-data :

Full name: Shane Keith Warne

Born: September 13, 1969, Ferntree Gully, Victoria

Current age: 41 years 12 days

Major teams: Australia, Hampshire, ICC World XI, Rajasthan Royals, Victoria

Batting style: Right-hand bat

Bowling style: Legbreak googly

[html:a8c704b185]http://img.skysports.com/09/06/640/ShaneWarne_2321737.jpg[/html:a8c704b185]

Record:

http://www.cricinfo.com/australia/content/player/8166.html

[html:a8c704b185]http://i55.tinypic.com/js20aq.jpg[/html:a8c704b185]

Puliyan_Biryani
25th September 2010, 03:03 PM
Some high points of his career:

* He was chosen as one of the five Wisden Cricketers of the Year for 1994.

* In 2000, Warne was named by a 100-member panel of experts as the fourth of five Wisden Cricketers of the Century. Warne received 27 votes, behind Sir Donald Bradman (100 votes), Sir Garfield Sobers (90 votes), and Sir Jack Hobbs (30 votes). Sir Viv Richards took the fifth place, with 25 votes. Warne was the only active cricketer to be placed in the top 10.

* Warne is one of the four Australian cricketers to have been named in "Richie Benaud's Greatest XI" in 2004. (Don Bradman, Dennis Lillee and Adam Gilchrist are the others).

* In 2005 he was named as winner of the BBC Sports Personality of the Year Overseas Personality for his performance in the 2005 Ashes.

* In 1993, his first ball in England to bowl Gatting is called "Ball of the Century"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeLn8sEAKfE

* Was the Man of the Match in 1996 World Cup Semifinal, 1999 World Cup Semifinal and Final.

* First man to take 700 test wickets.

satissh_r
25th September 2010, 03:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDqn043XhQ8

His best wickets :thumbsup: My personal favourites are Strauss and Basit Ali as I watched them both live on TV. The Basit Ali dismissal was more gamesmanship than skill but it still is intriguing to watch :notworthy:

Puliyan_Biryani
25th September 2010, 03:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDqn043XhQ8

His best wickets :thumbsup: My personal favourites are Strauss and Basit Ali as I watched them both live on TV. The Basit Ali dismissal was more gamesmanship than skill but it still is intriguing to watch :notworthy:
I was watching the match live on TV. Warne and Healy were discussing and discussing and took almost 5 minutes to bowl that last ball of the day (It was 1 pm and I was hungry :argh:). The commentators were saying that they would've been discussing on what dinner to have that night :rotfl: but would maintain that they planned the dismissal to perfection :lol:.

By the time Warne eventually got around to bowl that ball, Basit Ali might have thought what the heck is he going to bowl? Ball of the century or what? Basit Ali being a decent player of spin, he got out only because of the theatricality around the ball. He was so nervous that he didn't move his feet at all to cover the ball :D.

PS: Sachin bowling Moin Khan with a googly on the last ball of the day is right up there :thumbsup:.

satissh_r
25th September 2010, 03:28 PM
Strauss one here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw5_hLpcGEo

satissh_r
25th September 2010, 03:30 PM
The commentators were saying that they would've been discussing on what dinner to have that night :rotfl:

In fact they really did discuss that according to both Warne and Healy :P

Puliyan_Biryani
25th September 2010, 07:48 PM
http://www.sportstaronnet.com/tss2708/stories/20040221005800800.htm

One of my favorite articles on Warne. This came when he was making a comeback after being out of the game for a year in 2003.

Puliyan_Biryani
26th September 2010, 12:46 PM
OK now memories.

After watching the ball of the century in the news, I just brushed it aside as a fluke. The match which made me a fan was the 96 Semifinal.

Chasing a meagre 200 odd for victory, Lara was threatening to take the game away when Steve Waugh produced a peach to get him (IIRC from around the wicket, pitching on off stump and hitting the top of off stump). Even then Chaderpaul and Richardson put on a very strong partnership and WI needed 40 odd from last 10 overs.

McGrath got Chanderpaul to create a small opening. Richardson made the mistake of sending in pinch-hitters ahead of batsman to finish the game off. Enter Warne. He had a killer flipper those days which is almost unplayable for lower order batsman. His flipper to Bishop :notworthy:. Warne picked up 3 wickets in his 3 overs and Aus could sense victory. Ambrose and Walsh duly obliged to give Aussies the win.

Interesting tidbit: Richardson hit a full-blooded sweep shot which hit the hat of square leg umpire. Instead of getting 4 runs he got only 1 and lost the strike as well. What might have been :)

Puliyan_Biryani
26th September 2010, 01:07 PM
1999 World Cup. Another semifinal. Another magical performance from Warne.

This time SA were chasing a meagre 213 for a place in the final. Gibbs and Kirsten were off to a good start (40 odd in 10 overs). Aussies had it all to do and Steve Waugh turned to Warne. Some history here: Warne was not in the best of form prior to that. And Warne and Waugh were not in talking terms after Warne had been dropped in favour of MacGill in the just concluded WI test series. There were even talks of Warne announcing retirement.

Warne produced an absolutely magical delivery to dismiss Gibbs. Pitching outside leg, turning square and hitting the top of off stump. Warne shouting "come on come on" is still etched in my mind. He was instilling belief in his sagging teammates that a match is there to be won. Kirsten had a proper brain freeze (no wonder after seeing the Gibbs dismissal) when he attempted to slog/sweep Warne to square leg. The ball dipped and spun, Kirsten missed it completely and was bowled. Cronje (one of the best players of spin in SA team) promoted himself to tackle Warne. Warne got Cronje caught at slip apparently (it was off the boot clearly :noteeth:).

Kallis had put on a good partnership with Rhodes. SA needed about 40 runs from 6 overs when Warne was brought on as a last throw of the dice. Warne induced a mistake from Kallis with his dip and had him caught at cover. Again Aus could sense victory and with the courtesy of Donald, they snatched it (tie) from the jaws of defeat.

Puliyan_Biryani
26th September 2010, 01:58 PM
Warne is the best captain Australia never had. One particular incident comes to my mind.

Ponting was making a comeback after a 3 match ban for a drinking incident. Warne was captain for the ODI series at that time. In every match, Warne would give Ponting a few overs to bowl even though he was not too renowned for his bowling. When Warne was questioned on the logic behind giving a bowl to Ponting, he said: "I gave him a bowl just to make him feel part of the game. If he is fielding in the boundary, he is going to get heckled for his drinking incident. Instead it is better if he has a bowl and focuses only on the game." Warnie :notworthy:

sathya_1979
26th September 2010, 02:52 PM
Warne is the best captain Australia never had. One particular incident comes to my mind.

Ponting was making a comeback after a 3 match ban for a drinking incident. Warne was captain for the ODI series at that time. In every match, Warne would give Ponting a few overs to bowl even though he was not too renowned for his bowling. When Warne was questioned on the logic behind giving a bowl to Ponting, he said: "I gave him a bowl just to make him feel part of the game. If he is fielding in the boundary, he is going to get heckled for his drinking incident. Instead it is better if he has a bowl and focuses only on the game." Warnie :notworthy:
Yes, IMO he should have been the captain after Waugh. Would have been a great captain.

satissh_r
26th September 2010, 02:58 PM
Enter Warne. He had a killer flipper those days which is almost unplayable for lower order batsman. His flipper to Bishop :notworthy:. Warne picked up 3 wickets in his 3 overs and Aus could sense victory. Ambrose and Walsh duly obliged to give Aussies the win.

Interesting tidbit: Richardson hit a full-blooded sweep shot which hit the hat of square leg umpire. Instead of getting 4 runs he got only 1 and lost the strike as well. What might have been :)

Yeah, Warne alone could have won this match for Australia. I remember him giving a torrid time to Jimmy Adams and Ottis Gibson in this match and the tri series that was played in Australia. His flippers and zooters were lethal because he used it wisely, by that I mean he never over used it :)

Puliyan_Biryani
26th September 2010, 02:59 PM
Yes, IMO he should have been the captain after Waugh. Would have been a great captain.
His personal issues were a bit too much to ignore. That was the prime reason why he was not given captaincy. With his attacking mindset, he would've made a great captain. IPL-a paathu manasai thethikka vendiyadhudhaan.

//Police police. ivaru black-la ticket vikkaraaru. arrest pannunga :D//

sathya_1979
26th September 2010, 03:04 PM
//Police police. ivaru black-la ticket vikkaraaru. arrest pannunga :D//
First naan enakku mattum book senjEn. Then I did for whole family. Andha oru ticket cancel seiyya mudeela (ticketnew.com). adhaan trying to sell. enakku 95 kedachaa pOdhum :) 11 Rs Service Tax is waived, as a special offer for hubbers :lol:

Puliyan_Biryani
26th September 2010, 03:08 PM
Rudi Koertzen - Warne a class apart.

"I have always admired fast bowlers like Glenn McGrath and Allan Donald but the bowler who stands out is Shane Warne. He used to get the best out of the umpires by putting a lot of pressure on them. On numerous occasions he bowled from my end and I have always found him testing my decision-making. Like every umpire, I had to concentrate extremely hard when he was bowling because he had so much variety and variation that every ball he bowled was potentially a wicket-taking delivery."

Puliyan_Biryani
26th September 2010, 03:15 PM
Yeah, Warne alone could have won this match for Australia. I remember him giving a torrid time to Jimmy Adams and Ottis Gibson in this match and the tri series that was played in Australia. His flippers and zooters were lethal because he used it wisely, by that I mean he never over used it :)
It is a lesson to all young spinners. To keep the batsman guessing on when the variation will arrive.

Another interesting point Warne always says is: "Bowling for the non-striker to see". He usually bowls a very big leg-break at the beginning of the over so that both striker and non-striker can see that he has that weapon (ore kallula rendu maanga). He would lure them to play for the leg spin, but the ball would be a straighter one and he would get an lbw :notworthy:.

sathya_1979
26th September 2010, 03:20 PM
More than his exploits against Eng / SA who are traditional suspects against spin, his bowling which enabled Aus to win in SL (IIRC 1993-94 season) is a greater achievement.

Dinesh84
26th September 2010, 04:44 PM
I always will remember him as a bowler who was taken apart by Sachin.. this piece (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXRkHervQJc)

Puliyan_Biryani
26th September 2010, 04:52 PM
More than his exploits against Eng / SA who are traditional suspects against spin, his bowling which enabled Aus to win in SL (IIRC 1993-94 season) is a greater achievement.
When he was making a comeback in 2004, he was selected as a second spinner behind MacGill for the SL test series. So Warne was battling MacGill from his own side and comparison with Murali on other side.

Warne ended the 3 test series with 26 wickets (just 1 behind Murali IIRC). Aus won the series 3-0. MacGill was again relegated to Warne's understudy :D

Puliyan_Biryani
26th September 2010, 04:55 PM
I always will remember him as a bowler who was taken apart by Sachin.. this piece (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXRkHervQJc)
ennadaa 2 naal aachu, innum varalaiye-nu paathen :D. No doubt Sachin has come out on top on most of their contests. But there is more to Warne than just his contest against Sachin, tabloid headlines and scandals. Just attempting to throw some light on his magic, self-confidence and genius.

Plum
9th October 2010, 09:08 AM
Warne has a poor record against India in India. Everyone knows that.
What doesnt get discussed is this:

Mr "Mum-gave-the-pill" has a whopping 9 wickets in 5 tests against India in Australia! And the batsmen who faced up include Ajit Bombay Duck Agarkar, MSK GiftToOpposition Prasad, Vikram "nInga vikkalAm nAnga vAnga mAttOm" Rathore, Debang Gandhi etc.

idhuvE Warne IndianA irundhirundhA idhai vechE "Warne is rubbish against good players of spin"-nu adhaiyE main narrativeA vechuruppAnga.

Media Manipulation ennAnnu England/Aus pArthu kathukkaNum.
nAn mattum blogsla ipdi polambi enna puNNiyam. ennadA indian journalists simbly waste fellows

Puliyan_Biryani
9th October 2010, 09:27 AM
Plum, out of the 5 tests, 2 were in his debut series when Ravi Shastri took him to the cleaners. The other 3 tests were all in the 1999 series. He bowled well in Adelaide, picked 6 wickets (appo remaining 4 matches-la 3 wickets, full toss Plum :D) and got a 4-for including Sachin's wicket (another umpiring mistake - more fodder for your cannon :D). Melbourne and Sydney were all about Brett Lee and Warne was almost reduced to a hold one end up bowler.

But which spinner has a good record against India? Even Murali cannot match his lofty heights when playing against India. India-kooda perform panradhai mattume ore spinner-ku consider pannanumna Giles-dhaan world's best spinner :lol2:

Plum
9th October 2010, 09:45 AM
Allov murali in sri lanka has awesome record against india. Idhai thaan media manipulationgaren.
image epdi create panni irukkanganna murali and warne have similar overall record against indiangarA mAdhiri.

I wish I could switch to a media career. I will give the western jouirnalists and manipulative icc officials a dose of their own medicine :evil:

Puliyan_Biryani
9th October 2010, 09:55 AM
Murali averages 32 against India and 45 in India. Compare that against his career average of 22 and it does show that he hasn't matched his standards. Of course many spinners would kill for an average of 32 against India or overall for that matter :D.

indha media manipulation namma oorula illaingareengala? Even Bajji averages 32 :twisted:

Plum
9th October 2010, 10:01 AM
Murali's record at home is very good against india. Warne rendu idathileyum Mahaa kevalamaana record. There is a huge difference.

And records against eng and Sa with umpites who used to wilt againsz ptessure tactics of ponting, hayd, gilch and warne doesn't count for me.

ajithfederer
9th October 2010, 10:05 AM
My favorite leg spinner and spin bowler. Those flippers and leg breaks and googly's are a joy to watch. The multiple rotations of the ball spinning in the air as captured by slow motion camera is a great sight. Fav ones : Basit ali bowled and andrew strauss. Great performances in world cups too. He and steve waugh are the chief architects of 1999 world cup win.

Puliyan_Biryani
9th October 2010, 10:17 AM
Murali's record at home is very good against india. Warne rendu idathileyum Mahaa kevalamaana record. There is a huge difference.

And records against eng and Sa with umpites who used to wilt againsz ptessure tactics of ponting, hayd, gilch and warne doesn't count for me.
Right-u Plum. I can see where you are coming at. But Murali side-layum too-many-home-games,Bang & Zim-nu I can clutch my straws and pick some points. Leaving the stats and media agenda aside, doesn't watching Warne bring you a sense of joy? To a lesser extent I get the same joy when I see Swann bowl nowadays.

Plum
9th October 2010, 10:21 AM
Exactly. I am being obnoxious to drive home the same point. Warne is a fine bowler but not worthy of the huge legend built around him - especially the legend around him in comparison with murali.
He is not to bowling what sachin and Lara are to batting.

sathya_1979
9th October 2010, 10:24 AM

Right-u Plum. I can see where you are coming at. But Murali side-layum too-many-home-games,Bang & Zim-nu I can clutch my straws and pick some points. Leaving the stats and media agenda aside, doesn't watching Warne bring you a sense of joy? To a lesser extent I get the same joy when I see Swann bowl nowadays.
PB - Even after Excluding Zim, Bangla, Murali's ferfaarmance is better than Warnie.

Puliyan_Biryani
9th October 2010, 10:35 AM

PB - Even after Excluding Zim, Bangla, Murali's ferfaarmance is better than Warnie.
Sathya-ji adhaan clutching my straws-nu thelivaa potturukkene :oops:

Murali as an underdog winning against all odds :thumbsup:. othukkaren, vizhundhu kumbidaren :notworthy:
But Murali's bowling. I am sorry I have my doubts on his action.

sathya_1979
9th October 2010, 10:36 AM
PB, point taken. Self :hammer: for posting without fully reading ur posts.

P_R
21st October 2010, 02:01 PM
Warne is a fine bowler but not worthy of the huge legend built around him - especially the legend around him in comparison with murali. Rightu.

He is not to bowling what sachin and Lara are to batting. And are you suggesting Murali is?

You wouldn't want me to talk about his action. Yet to are bringing up Murali again and again. KettA, obviously Warne is to be compared-nu solluveenga. Fair enough.

But then my comparison will begin and end with the outright dismissal of someone with such an action. aRaicha maavu and all that.

Of course Murali trumps Warne in wickets in all circumstances, won more matches than any other cricketer who has ever played the game. Tests, ODI, home, away - everywhere. Murali's record is phenomenal and going to stand forever. podhumA?

But if you are going to bring him up again and again to downplay Warne's achievement I am going to have to bring up my Murali grouse too.

anaavasiyamaa siruthaiyai suraNdi paakkAdheenga :twisted:

P_R
21st October 2010, 02:02 PM
othukkaren, vizhundhu kumbidaren :notworthy: :lol:

Puliyan_Biryani
21st October 2010, 04:48 PM
PR :clap:. neengalum namma (Warne) shaving set-u pola? :D

edhaavadhu memories post pannuga.

Plum
21st October 2010, 05:15 PM
Feeyaar, if you dismiss Murali's wickets due to action, I will dismiss Warne's many wickets that were not actually wickets but were got because he knew how to pressure the umpire and force him to give decisions in his favour. Ofcourse, I cant prove it just as you cannot prove that Murali threw.

And I repeat, England was the Bangladesh of batting against good spinners. 200 wickets against them should be discounted if you discount Murali's wickets against Zim/Ban.

I am ok with him not performing against India in India but even in Australia against India, our man 9 wickets in 5 tests :lol:
And people talk of Murali's bad record in Australia.

P_R
21st October 2010, 05:30 PM

Actually let me admit upfront that I upgraded from liking Warne to Warne rasigan with the rise of Murali and having to bear the cross of passionately defend the classical game.

So I am not that familiar with his early Ashes exploits etc.

The most memorable match would have to be the 1999 SF.
He sent back the openers. And then got Cronje out first ball.
Then Kallis and Rhodes recovered and steadied. He came back to take out Kallis.

(Even in the preceding supersix match he broke the crucial partnership between Gibbs anbd iniya naNbar Cullinan. And got Cronje in the same over).

They were defending a small total and if you see all the ohter bowlers were being hit easily while Warne bowled 4 maidens !

(In the supersix match too he had terrific figures despite being thulped by Klusener in his last over).

Terrific performance. Always kept the pressure on, beautiful variety, just priced out every single wicket.

sathya_1979
21st October 2010, 05:37 PM

Actually let me admit upfront that I upgraded from liking Warne to Warne rasigan with the rise of Murali and having to bear the cross of passionately defend the classical game.

He sent back the openers. And then got Cronje out first ball.Then Kallis and Rhodes recovered and steadied. He came back to take out Kallis.

(Even in the preceding supersix match he broke the crucial partnership between Gibbs anbd iniya naNbar Cullinan. And got Cronje in the same over).

They were defending a small total and if you see all the ohter bowlers were being hit easily while Warne bowled 4 maidens !

(In the supersix match too he had terrific figures despite being thulped by Klusener in his last over).

Terrific performance. Always kept the pressure on, beautiful variety, just priced out every single wicket.
adhu outtE illa, boot catch! David Sheperd :hammer:

P_R
21st October 2010, 05:40 PM
varalaatrula adhellAm varappadaadhu :notthatway:

nejamaavE out aanaalum, Flau vandhu amount vaangittu Cronje out aanadha sollappOraaru.

littlemaster1982
21st October 2010, 08:54 PM

He sent back the openers. And then got Cronje out first ball.
Then Kallis and Rhodes recovered and steadied. He came back to take out Kallis.

And 1996 WC SF against WI. He literally turned the match in Australia's favor by picking up important wickets every time he came to bowl.

Plum
21st October 2010, 11:00 PM
Crossed feeyaar in post count :-)

Puliyan_Biryani
21st October 2010, 11:12 PM
Crossed feeyaar in post count :-)

Of course Murali trumps Warne in wickets in all circumstances, won more matches than any other cricketer who has ever played the game. Tests, ODI, home, away - everywhere. Murali's record is phenomenal and going to stand forever. podhumA?

:lol:

Vivasaayi
22nd October 2010, 07:18 AM
warnie..a rockstar on the pitch.. :clap:

only bowler who is entertaining ball after ball even if there is nothing happening in the game..

Puliyan_Biryani
25th October 2010, 08:37 PM
:yes: Warnie makes it into the World XI (unanimously :cool:) and Readers XI.

http://www.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/current/story/482936.html

Three players were unanimous choices, figuring in the first XIs of each of the 12 members of the jury (each juror was asked to pick a first XI and a second) - Don Bradman, Garry Sobers and Shane Warne, each of whom got the maximum points possible in the exercise, 60.

Perhaps the biggest surprise the XI threw up was the gap between Warne and Muttiah Muralitharan, the two leading wicket-takers in cricket history. Murali made it to ESPNcricinfo's World Second XI, tallying 34 points fewer than Warne.

Warnie :notworthy:

Plum
25th October 2010, 09:19 PM
andha jury pinna vEra enna paNNuvAnga. Sachinku vote pOdAdha chappell irundha jury dhAnE - vayatherichal gumbal.

Puliyan_Biryani
25th October 2010, 09:25 PM
andha jury pinna vEra enna paNNuvAnga. Sachinku vote pOdAdha chappell irundha jury dhAnE - vayatherichal gumbal.
Ajit Wadekar and Murali's countryman Duleep Mendis-kooda irundhaangannu nenaikkaren :lol2:

Plum
25th October 2010, 10:16 PM
Oh apdiyA?
*adjusts viewfinder*
Ahn gnAbagam vandhiruchu
Mendis singaLa ina veRiyarin maraimuga tamizh edhirppu

Wadekar vadakkathi mERkathi thimir thamizhanai recognise paNNa kUdAdhunnu

(YAru kitta? :-) _)

Puliyan_Biryani
25th October 2010, 10:24 PM
indha logic padi paathaa Srikkanth and Woorukkeri Raman-adhaan jury-kku anuppanum. appakkooda "innoru Tamizhan eppadi munneralaamnu ivunga vote podalai"-nu solluveenga.

Plum
26th October 2010, 06:53 AM
SeriousA badhil solRinga?
But do you think SachinkillAdha unanimous choice does Warne deserve?
Do you or don't you think some goodhals is involved?$
Remember in a previous listing Sehwag got same no. Of votes as others and his name was iruttadippu senjufied. Rahul bhatacharya protested over this. Cricinfi follows the agenda of western cricketing powers and is capable of such dark deeds.

Certainly, I don't believe warne is that far ahead of murali( I mean he is behind in terms of achievements but even if one grants dubious claims that he his clean and murali is unclean, he is not far ahead)

Puliyan_Biryani
26th October 2010, 08:47 AM
SeriousA badhil solRinga?
But do you think SachinkillAdha unanimous choice does Warne deserve?
Do you or don't you think some goodhals is involved?$
Remember in a previous listing Sehwag got same no. Of votes as others and his name was iruttadippu senjufied. Rahul bhatacharya protested over this. Cricinfi follows the agenda of western cricketing powers and is capable of such dark deeds.

I have no doubt that Sachin deserved unanimous selection. But even then it was one sour person voting against Sachin rather than the same person lobbying and garnering 3-4 votes against Sachin. To push Crookinfo's agenda, a headline like "Sachin just makes the cut in World XI" would be far more sensational.

Some politics might have happened. Unless someone comes out and breaks the story we can only speculate. But 33% of the panel is Asian (Intikhab Alam, Wadekar, Ramachandra Guha & Duleep Mendis) and AFAIK Wadekar and Mendis are strong personalities (I might be wrong :oops:). So it does give us a fair chance for accurate results (maybe 10% error for political lobbying/agenda).

Certainly, I don't believe warne is that far ahead of murali( I mean he is behind in terms of achievements but even if one grants dubious claims that he his clean and murali is unclean, he is not far ahead)
If I may borrow PR-speak, Murali has only been accepted as part of the system and to decorate him as a success of the system is beyond the imagination of us (upholders of the classical game). Unlike Sachin who had to battle with other batting greats like Richards and Lara, Warne's battle is only against Murali. And the contest would end for many once the "whether Murali is unclean" question is answered. If they themselves are not 100% convinced of the action, then there is no way they are going to select him in a World XI. The unanimous vote does look like a heavy laurel, but Warnie didn't have a contest and it isn't his fault IMHO.

Plum
26th October 2010, 10:11 AM
This is the grouse I have with you so called classicists. Agree to disagree ellAm solla vENdiyadhu but chance kedaikkarachE agendavai mun vaikkaRadhu. If you accept him as part of the system, you should not deny hm the laurels. Ipdi agendavOdu seyal padum classicists irukkum varai, I will not respect sach "unanimous" choices.

Gary Sobers, Bradman, Lara rated Murali above Warne. Adhuvum huge laurel dhAn. Who cares if chappel brother doesn't recognise?

sathya_1979
26th October 2010, 10:27 AM
Imagine Murali to be a veLLaikkaaran (Aus / Eng), how many of Jury from crookinfo wud have supported him over Warne?

Plum
26th October 2010, 10:32 AM
sathya, the answer to that is that veLLaikArans and Warne supporters here will loftily claim that no Chucker will ever be allowed by ECB, ACB etc to play international cricket. voluntary-A ban paNNiduvangaLAmAm :-)

(e.g) James Kirtley(periya thillAlangadi, ivaru mattum intl cricket continue paNNi irundhA, England innEram #1 enna #0 enna #-1234kE pOyiurkkumAm but ethics mEla uLLa paRRAla, England indha vAippai volundaryA nazhuva vittAngaLAmAm) is a prime example for this.

avaingaLA oru rule pOttukka vENdiyadhu - thangaLukku edhellAm sAdhagamA irukkO adhai vechu mathavangaLai madakkaradhu. adhe thillAlangadi velaiya mathavanga paNNA, aiyo kolRAnga-nnu sound vuda vENdiyadhu. You know that is a succesful formula be it cricket or politics :-)

sathya_1979
26th October 2010, 10:39 AM
yes boss! Lots of ejjamples for veLLaikkaran nErmai - jellygate, lever, drugs, underarm, sydney 2008, waugh warne fines, paanding turning umpire..... EvvaLo uthamanunga!

Ramakrishna
26th October 2010, 10:40 AM
sathya, the answer to that is that veLLaikArans and Warne supporters here will loftily claim that no Chucker will ever be allowed by ECB, ACB etc to play international cricket. voluntary-A ban paNNiduvangaLAmAm :-)

(e.g) James Kirtley(periya thillAlangadi, ivaru mattum intl cricket continue paNNi irundhA, England innEram #1 enna #0 enna #-1234kE pOyiurkkumAm but ethics mEla uLLa paRRAla, England indha vAippai volundaryA nazhuva vittAngaLAmAm) is a prime example for this.

avaingaLA oru rule pOttukka vENdiyadhu - thangaLukku edhellAm sAdhagamA irukkO adhai vechu mathavangaLai madakkaradhu. adhe thillAlangadi velaiya mathavanga paNNA, aiyo kolRAnga-nnu sound vuda vENdiyadhu. You know that is a succesful formula be it cricket or politics :-)

Elaam Serithaan... ithellaam ethukku intha thread la sollikittu?

Plum
26th October 2010, 10:43 AM
Because pulI seems to be claiming that Warne being unanmiously selected in Cricinfo All Time XI is a sign of "dharmam mIndum vellum"

sathya_1979
26th October 2010, 10:44 AM
thambi Ramakrishna, ellaa threadulayum digressionE illaama perfectaa Odudhaa (except NT thread)? Oru timepasskudhaan

P_R
26th October 2010, 11:51 AM
Imagine Murali to be a veLLaikkaaran (Aus / Eng), how many of Jury from crookinfo wud have supported him over Warne?

Plum/Sathya, why are you starting this all over again ?
What is the point of 'agreeing to disagree' if you want to keep harping on the point that Murali's problems are only due to a white conspiracy?

It is not at all surprising to us (PB and me) and you (Sathya and you) that Murali is not a unanimous choice. So we are in agreement about this too :-) Only that we have different reasons for thinking why that happens to be the case.

Agree to disagree ellAm solla vENdiyadhu but chance kedaikkarachE agendavai mun vaikkaRadhu. yaar naanga. nalla kadhaiyA irukkE.

Murali oru koot bowlernu mattum oththukittA paththAdhu, avar oru odukkappatta, nasukkappatta, vanjikkappattavar-nu oththukkaNumnu neenga dhaan adam pudikkureenga.

P_R
26th October 2010, 11:58 AM
Let me leave out this action problem (classical versus 'offbeat') and come to a more sober example.

None of us have seen Sobers play. ellAm kELvi gnAnam dhaan. Kallis has more runs, centuries and wickets (?) than Sobers. They are direct competitors for the allrounder slot in the alltime XI and no-one has a problem with Sobers being picked.

avinga race mattum vice-versa -vA irundhuchchA, cricinfo tharisAyirukkum.

idhai sonnA naan Macaulay adivarudi 'ngra range-ku solluveenga

btw Macaulay did not say most those things that our hot blooded nationalists claim he did. That is a panjAyathu for a different day.

Plum
26th October 2010, 01:23 PM
Feeyaar, here's my reading
The committee to pick this XI had Chappell Bro. One of the reports explicitly mention that Chappell would be disappointed about not being able to push Miller over Akram in the first XI. To me, that speaks volumes of the process.
it is a committee and there presumably were discussions - here's how I see it happening - Chappell making forceful cases for his nominees and losing out on removing Sachin. He then pushes Warne mercilessly and pushes for snubbing Murali - the asian reps are javagalised and just keep their mouth shut about a unanimous decision.
(And one is not sure if wadekar isn't a classicist too)

Over and above, cricinfo is known to rig expert results too - rahul bhattacharya complained in a previous listing exercise. As to why people don't make more noise about it, well, these are retired cases which can do with a small cut, no?
So I feel that this was an agenda driven exercise to artificially prop up Warne. Well, the cricketing world is more or less equally divided on warne vs murali so I refuse to believe that there can be unanimous selection of Warne as a natural happening.
That very fact leads to suspicion - if for instance there was a closer contest even say 9-3, I wouldn't have got suspicion. 12-0 seems too rigged to be true.

That is my grouse - puLi then raised it here as some sort of vindication on classicists' stance on murali - to which I had to respond because this is rigging and then using the rigging to prove a point.

P_R
26th October 2010, 02:34 PM
javagalised :lol:

Plum, call me naive but I have a question: Miller viLayAdi pAthurukeengaLA? And btw I reckon Wasim Akram to be the best bowler I've seen on a cricket field.

indha all time XI-la idhu enakku badA bEjAr. I mean, I have seen Gambhir much more than Gavaskar. But I know it would be ridiculous to base my conclusion only on what I have seen. At the same time I am willing to go only thus far based on others' opinions, hearsay and statistics.

Anyway prachanaikku varuvOm:

Since you gave your version, here is mine:

I don't believe the world is as evenly divided as you think it is, regarding Murali versus Warne. As I've said earlier too, I think, many many people have been helplessly gagged. They are forced to be politely silent and look the other way. edhirkatchikkaaran (racisaum allegers) paarthA enna ninaippAn.

But when picking a World XI, where you are (under the delusion that you are) free from such compulsions, it seems screaming obvious that Murali would not be picked by most people. edhirkatchikkaaran (say Mars XI) paarthA enna ninaippAn.

Plum
26th October 2010, 02:46 PM
That wouldnt be the case if a certain Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar or Brian Charles Lara are in the panel. enakku Chappell karugara vaasanai nallA mookkai thoLaikkudhu.

I really dont believe Duleep Mendis inwardly believes Murali chucks and uses this opportunity to express his true feelings on chucking - do you believe so? Some goodhal is clearly involved here.

Wasnt Mendis part of the board in some capacity when they fought against Murali being victimised?

Plum
26th October 2010, 02:47 PM
As I've said earlier too, I think, many many people have been helplessly gagged.

Great. idhai thAn dharmam mIndum vellum-nu solluvAnga.

Plum
26th October 2010, 02:48 PM
And the judge probing match fixing in pakistan clearly said that he is leaving Akram off the hook despite proof being available of wrong-doing because he was a fan!

Is alleged chucking, which is only one interpretation of the laws, a bigger offence than proven match fixing?

P_R
26th October 2010, 03:13 PM
I really dont believe Duleep Mendis inwardly believes Murali chucks and uses this opportunity to express his true feelings on chucking - do you believe so? Some goodhal is clearly involved here.

Wasnt Mendis part of the board in some capacity when they fought against Murali being victimised?
IIRC Mendis was the tour manager in the '95 tour of Australia and was part of the fight against the alleged victimization.

btw did it come down to a clear either-or vote? i.e. one slot that Murali-Warne were contesting for? Perhaps everyone wanted Warne and not everyone wanted Murali and the sets are not mutually exclusive. And that's how the votes were counted.

If so, you would find the results less surprising wouldn't you?

And the judge probing match fixing in pakistan clearly said that he is leaving Akram off the hook despite proof being available of wrong-doing because he was a fan! Oh is it!

Is alleged chucking, which is only one interpretation of the laws, a bigger offence than proven match fixing? Apple Orange 'mbAingaLE.

Murali thangamaana raasaa 'nu oorukkE theriyum. I have said here a ton of times that he is a likeable guy and my disagreement is only with the spineless system that has caved in and allowed him to bowl the way he does.

If it is indeed the case that Akram cheated and he gets banned for it, I am only going to feel glad about it. I have no loyalty to speak of in these things. But I will still think the ball that got Allan Lamb in the '92 WC final is the one of the best balls that I have ever seen in a game of cricket.

This is not a fanboy squabble. :-)

Anyway, if you insist then the proper comparison would be to make the final comparion of 'greatness' consideration only the acceptable performances. That is:

- excluding fixed matches of Akram
- excluding non doped matches of Warne
- excluding chucked balls of Murali......oops, that would be his entire career, no? :lol2:

Plum
26th October 2010, 03:21 PM
IIRC Mendis was the tour manager in the '95 tour of Australia and was part of the fight against the alleged victimization.

btw did it come down to a clear either-or vote? i.e. one slot that Murali-Warne were contesting for? Perhaps everyone wanted Warne and not everyone wanted Murali and the sets are not mutually exclusive. And that's how the votes were counted.

If so, you would find the results less surprising wouldn't you?

Yes.

Plum
26th October 2010, 03:24 PM
Can you prove that feeyaar?
How do you prove that Murali chucked(even according to your own rules rather than ICC's) every ball of his career? Isnt that mere perception?

P_R
26th October 2010, 03:37 PM
Can you prove that feeyaar?
How do you prove that Murali chucked(even according to your own rules rather than ICC's) every ball of his career? Isnt that mere perception?
Yes. My perception. Just that it was shared by many and I allege would have been shared by a whole lot more people if only they were not gagged by the unfortunate developments.

Prove? According to what yardstick? According to something like the ingenious angle rule that ICC came up with :lol2:

To call for 'greater inclusiveness', 'application to consider taking a lenient stand in view of the greater contributions to the game' etc. is one thing but are you saying his action is clean as a whistle? Come on now.

When place is given, you grab religious establishment-A?

Plum
26th October 2010, 03:47 PM
Prove according to your own yardstick.
That is to say, define your own yardstick. Go watch every match of his ball-by-ball. Then confirm that every such ball was chucked according to your own yardstick.
Then you can say that chucking constituted his own career.

P_R
26th October 2010, 03:55 PM
Prove according to your own yardstick.
That is to say, define your own yardstick. Go watch every match of his ball-by-ball. Then confirm that every such ball was chucked according to your own yardstick.
Then you can say that chucking constituted his own career.

My yardstick is me. Whatever I feel is a chuck is. And I have not seen a single non chuck ball (save those legbreaks I linked last time we discussed). In all his offbreaks, his arm is bent and that is the reason he is able to use his wrist the way he does.

I'd've watched about 10% of the balls he bowled in his career. And if the other 90% had been radically different I guess I'd've heard (idhukkum proof kEtturaadheenga). So I can reasonanly conclude that according to my yardstick he was a perma-chucker.

A.Ars to Sivam: Hey, I already told you all this man.

P_R
26th October 2010, 03:59 PM
What's next, Shoaib Akthar's action is clean too?

sathya_1979
26th October 2010, 04:01 PM
Warne was fined for interaction with bookie and supplying info (u never know the truth on what was the agreement / info passed / amount exchanged etc), also banned for 1 yr for using banned substance.
We shud exclude his career as well, right? I mean u never know how many matches he used perf enhanced drugs / interacted with bookies; similar to the allegations against Murali's action which atleast was cleared by the governing body's "Experts"

Plum
26th October 2010, 04:03 PM
I am not interested in Akthar.

Yes, according to your yardstick Murali chucks, Agreed. But you are not ICC. I dont care if a consensus was manufactured - rulesnA rules dhAn. ippOdhaikku nAnga solRadhu dhAn rules. kattubadiyAgalainA, apramA nInga vandhu mAthikkOnga. Infact, if Eng/Aus regain power, they'll annul Murali's records in retrospect. Let's hope it doesnt happen in my lifetime.

Plum
26th October 2010, 04:05 PM
When place is given, you grab religious establishment-A?

idhAnE vENAngaradhu? Why such snootish, I gave you pOnA pOgudhunnu place reactions?

The place is rightfully ours. We took it.

Plum
26th October 2010, 04:06 PM
Yes, sathya. Good point.

How can you prove that Warne used drugs only when he was caught. That puts in the cloud all performances previous to the time he was apprehended. And the match fixing - ACB mazhuppufied that he sold only weather info. Who knows the truth - because ACB didnt let ICC inquire it. What did they h ave to hide?

P_R
26th October 2010, 04:09 PM
similar to the allegations against Murali's action which atleast was cleared by the governing body's "Experts" The weak kneed governing body which knows all its money is coming from Asia.

sathya, you know your arguments are right on the face of it, but you don't yourself believe the content of what you are saying. It was a pure logical rebuttal to my post, that is all. Do you really find your parallels convincing, is the question.

P_R
26th October 2010, 04:11 PM
Yes, according to your yardstick Murali chucks, Agreed. But you are not ICC. Of course. Do you really really believe that ICC's the last word.

When you want ICC is the holy governing body supreme court equivalent. When you don't like it, the ICC is a bunch of white racist, self-serving thugs.

Plum
26th October 2010, 04:16 PM
The weak kneed governing body which knows all its money is coming from Asia.

If not for this fact, a lot of autocratic, western powers serving rules would have been introduced and even existing rules misinterpreted in their favour even more consistently than now(powerla illAmalEyE, they are brazenly interpreting rules in their favour)
So yeah I am not so morally agitated at rules being created to suit Asian needs(actually, the asian powers have been inefficient in manipulating the system, but adhu vera vishayam)

ippOvE ipdi(Crhis broad etc) irukkAngannA, full power irundhA ennenna seivAnga. Arent you glad that those guys arent in power? I mean, atleast Asians are dumb enough not to twist things to their favour as much as these guys.

P_R
26th October 2010, 04:19 PM
Yes, sathya. Good point.

How can you prove that Warne used drugs only when he was caught. That puts in the cloud all performances previous to the time he was apprehended. And the match fixing - ACB mazhuppufied that he sold only weather info. Who knows the truth - because ACB didnt let ICC inquire it. What did they have to hide?
Plum, as I said sathya, I bow to this as a smart rebuttal rather than as a counterpoint which you genuinely feel.

P_R
26th October 2010, 04:23 PM
Arent you glad that those guys arent in power? I mean, atleast Asians are dumb enough not to twist things to their favour as much as these guys.
Nope. I see much less 'twisting in favor' than you allege about Eng/Aus.

Plum
26th October 2010, 04:24 PM
Yes, according to your yardstick Murali chucks, Agreed. But you are not ICC. Of course. Do you really really believe that ICC's the last word.

When you want ICC is the holy governing body supreme court equivalent. When you don't like it, the ICC is a bunch of white racist, self-serving thugs.

No, it is quite clear. The ICC rules on chucking are in Murali's favour but mostly the other rules are interpreted by Chris Broads and the relevant thugs constantly in white powers' favour. If you dont accept this, you are either blind or deliberately overlooking this. I will keep writing against the ICC for this aspect but atleast some aspects have been set right and Chucking is one of them.

The ICC is mostly a bunch of self-serving, western thugs balanced by a self-serving set of Sub-continental thugs. The sub-continental thugs are crude and dont have the nous to rig the whole system in their favour at all levels. The other side has lost out on financial control, and on related matters but still controls the interpretation of rules with the help of Chris Broads and is running its writ there.

This is the reality.

I dont take either side but I am glad that chucking rules were made appropriate thanks to the shift in power. Else, 1998lEyE Murali's career would have ended and that would have been a blot on Cricket, the game's fair name.

P_R
26th October 2010, 04:29 PM
Let me put it another way. Waeld XI captain can say:

kaNNugaLaa naalaiku Mars kooda match irukku, I want you on your best behavior:
Wasim, no ball scratching, match throwing (rendu post-la idhai established fact range-ku aakkiteenga !)
Warney, say no to drugs
Murali, hmm...you will field in long on

P_R
26th October 2010, 04:30 PM
If you dont accept this, you are either blind or deliberately overlooking this. A rock and a hard place 'mbAingaLE.

Plum
26th October 2010, 04:42 PM
Let me put it another way. Waeld XI captain can say:

kaNNugaLaa naalaiku Mars kooda match irukku, I want you on your best behavior:
Wasim, no ball scratching, match throwing (rendu post-la idhai established fact range-ku aakkiteenga !)
Warney, say no to drugs
Murali, hmm...you will field in long on

If the ICC rules of the time permit him, what is your problem? For all you know, everyone other than Murali might be chucking as per Mars rules :-)
(That is a profounder statement than it looks)

P_R
26th October 2010, 05:04 PM
Perhaps everyone wanted Warne and not everyone wanted Murali and the sets are not mutually exclusive. And that's how the votes were counted.
If so, you would find the results less surprising wouldn't you? Yes.
saNdaila indha post-ai padikka vittuttEn.
Kood.

P_R
26th October 2010, 05:06 PM
If the ICC rules of the time permit him, what is your problem? dhuddu vandhA ICC enna vENaalum permit paNNuvaan. adhukkaaga enakku indigestion varakkoodaadhunnu edhirpaarka mudiyumA

For all you know, everyone other than Murali might be chucking as per Mars rules :-)
(That is a profounder statement than it looks)
Could be :-)
aanaa naan Martian illaiyE :poke:

sathya_1979
26th October 2010, 05:28 PM
similar to the allegations against Murali's action which atleast was cleared by the governing body's "Experts" The weak kneed governing body which knows all its money is coming from Asia.

sathya, you know your arguments are right on the face of it, but you don't yourself believe the content of what you are saying. It was a pure logical rebuttal to my post, that is all. Do you really find your parallels convincing, is the question.
Prabhu, more than individual's beliefs, the laws of he governing body is important (For me). What I feel about Murali or Warne, nobody here knows :)
My arguments is based on the rules and judgements based on these rules by the supreme law board of Cricket - The ICC.

Similar to somebody's hatred against somebody else - enakku thappunu thONalai, adhanaala kolai senjEn doesn't hold (except if proven as an act of self-defence).

Regarding ur post on we taking sides with ICC or opposing as per our convenience - We opposed ICC mainly WRT sledging and bad behavior by Aus / Eng. When the rule is out there for everyone, the sore point is it does not punish everyone equally. That's the grouse. If they act fair against the likes of Mcgrath, Ponting, S Broad etc, prachanayE illayE!

ajithfederer
20th December 2010, 10:47 PM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/legends-of-cricket/content/site/451900.html?channel=344641;program=1048321

Shane Warne in Legends of cricket.

Vivasaayi
21st December 2010, 12:04 AM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/legends-of-cricket/content/site/451900.html?channel=344641;program=1048321

synonymous with Maradona... :)

Being an aggressive cricketer,he had to show his aggressiveness by his control with the ball, unlike the fast bowlers who could steam in with a bouncer. Thats really amazing - venting out aggression with control.

:notworthy:

Puliyan_Biryani
7th January 2011, 10:54 PM

Super :notworthy:.

Also, read about a month back that Warne got selected in an All-Time Ashes XI selected by the English and Aussie fublic. idhula enna periya vishayamgareengala, angedhaan vaikkarom twist-u. He polled more votes than Don Bradman. eppudi :twisted:.

Plum
4th April 2011, 01:43 PM
A British Newspapere has (predominantly) Brits doing the Warne vs Murali; Murali Chucks routine (http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2011/apr/01/muttiah-muralitharan-sri-lanka-final?commentpage=3#start-of-comments)

A number of british folks batting for Murali, and some wonderful points made.
Regardless of which side you are on the debate, I am sure you'll learn new things that mitigate against your beliefs.
It really is a battle of beliefs is my takeaway.

In the last week, I have seen a lot that cures me of overwhelming conviction on Western prejudice. Add this to that.

England, ennai mannichurunga. unga nAtlaiyum nallavanga irukkAnga :-)

Plum
4th April 2011, 03:01 PM
When asked what he thought Trescothick once said "it depends on whether I've just got out to him or not

Sums up part of the reaction to Murali, though not all, lest people misinterpret

rajraj
23rd September 2011, 01:09 AM
Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi passed away on Thursday.

May his soul rest in peace.

http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/editorial/article2476838.ece

P_R
23rd September 2011, 08:52 PM
Sums up part of the reaction to Murali, though not all, lest people misinterpret
Thanks for small mercies

wizzy
26th September 2011, 10:06 AM
the best of warnie dismissals..the delivery which cleaned up chanders :bow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDqn043XhQ8&feature=player_detailpage#t=48s

Plum
13th March 2012, 09:40 PM
Enough of Warne. Can we start honouring Isaac Vivian Alexander Richards. First of all, what a name! pEra kEttAle adhirudhu. Kamaan Richards fans.

SoftSword
13th March 2012, 09:42 PM
ellaam solli dhaan ketrukkaen...
never seen him playing... links?

mgb
14th March 2012, 08:53 AM
Enough of Warne. Can we start honouring Isaac Vivian Alexander Richards. First of all, what a name! pEra kEttAle adhirudhu. Kamaan Richards fans.

thirumbavum first'la irundha?

yoyisohuni
30th August 2012, 10:15 AM
England Test captain Andrew Strauss retired from all forms of cricket on Wednesday, ending a distinguished 14-year career in which he led his country to home-and-away Ashes series wins and to the top of the Test rankings for the first time.

The 35-year-old Strauss, who will be replaced as Test captain by fellow opening batsman Alastair Cook, blamed a dip in form with the bat as the primary reason for his “difficult decision.” “I haven’t batted well for a long time now,” said Strauss, who made 100 Test appearances for England - 50 as captain. “I knew with my own energy levels and motivation that I wasn’t going to improve, batting-wise. I’d run my race.

“It’s a hugely sad moment in many ways.”

http://www.dailypioneer.com/sports/91079-i-have-run-my-race.html

raagadevan
1st November 2019, 05:00 AM
Farokh Engineer names Virat Kohli's wife Anushka Sharma in controversial swipe at [Cricket] selectors; actor terms allegations 'ill-intended lies'

Engineer said that during the ODI World Cup in England and Wales, he saw one of the BCCI selectors serving tea to Anushka Sharma, a Bollywood actor, also the wife of Indian cricket team captain Virat Kohli.

FirstCricket Staff, Oct 31, 2019 19:25:22 IST

Former India wicket-keeper Farokh Engineer sparked a controversy on Thursday after he said that the BCCI selectors are not qualified enough to sit in the selection panel. He called them a Mickey Mouse selection committee. Engineer went on to say that during the ODI World Cup in England and Wales, he saw one of the selectors serving tea to Anushka Sharma, an established Bollywood actor, also the wife of Indian cricket team captain Virat Kohli.
"Virat Kohli has a major impact (in the process) which is very good. But how are the selectors qualified? Between them, have they played about 10-12 Test matches? I didn't even know one of the selectors during the World Cup and I asked him 'who the hell he was', because he was wearing the India blazer and he said he was one of the selectors," Engineer told Times of India.
"All they were doing was getting Anushka Sharma cups of tea. I feel people with the stature of Dilip Vengsarkar should be in the selection committee," he added.
Anushka responded to the comment made by one of India's veteran cricketers, saying that her name should not be dragged while making sensational statements over developments in Indian cricket. She put out a statement on Twitter, where she wrote that she attended just one match during the World Cup and watched it sitting in the family box and not the selectors' box.
"If you want to have a comment on the selection committee and their qualifications please do so as it's your opinion but don't drag my name in to substantiate your claim or sensationalise your opinion," Anushka wrote.

https://www.firstpost.com/firstcricket/sports-news/farokh-engineer-names-virat-kohlis-wife-anushka-sharma-in-controversial-swipe-at-selectors-actor-terms-allegations-ill-intended-lies-7581261.html