PDA

View Full Version : non-IR projects that hubbers feel would've been good for IR

raja_fan
25th June 2008, 01:17 PM
[tscii:6759332a25]
Kamal confirms ARR for Marmayogi !

http://www.hindu.com/2008/06/25/stories/2008062558530200.htm

"Mr. Haasan said he was looking forward to working with the music wizard in his next project ‘Marmayogi’ "

Now I am at least 75% sure he is going to continue this association to Marudha Nayagam.

[/tscii:6759332a25]

Shankar
25th June 2008, 01:51 PM
I think there's a rift between Raja and kamal. He's talking a lot about MSV these days :-)

vssathish
25th June 2008, 02:59 PM
Hi Shankar

I totally agree with you that there is a rift between Kamal and Raaja.

There are 3 instances which prove that.

1. In Vairamuthu son's marriage,when Bharathidasan told that Vairamuthu is arrogant and stubborn, Kamal responded that he is so only to those people who are the same and want to suppress him (indirectly referring to raaja)
2. In CNN/IBN interview for Dasavatharam, kamal dodged a question on why did not use Raaja. He said its a business decision and did not directly answer the question.
3. There was an unwritten agreement between Raaja and Kamal that Raaja would score music for all Rajkamal movies. This is being overwritten now.. Rehman scores music for Marmayogi (rajkamal productioon - kamal direction)..
Definitely something has happened which has created a rift between Raja and Kamal.
May be better for Raja.. Only time can tell..

raja_fan
25th June 2008, 03:10 PM

1. In Vairamuthu son's marriage,when Bharathidasan told that Vairamuthu is arrogant and stubborn, Kamal responded that he is so only to those people who are the same and want to suppress him (indirectly referring to raaja)
2. In CNN/IBN interview for Dasavatharam, kamal dodged a question on why did not use Raaja. He said its a business decision and did not directly answer the question.
3. There was an unwritten agreement between Raaja and Kamal that Raaja would score music for all Rajkamal movies. This is being overwritten now.. Rehman scores music for Marmayogi (rajkamal productioon - kamal direction)..
Definitely something has happened which has created a rift between Raja and Kamal.

Nobody believed when I told this before few months.

Even for Dasavatharam's music he told "you will get the joy of MSV tunes when you hear it"

Poi tholaiyattum vidungal..
I really think it is only good for IR !
Who can forget how this guy as a director butchered IR's amazing songs for Virumandi ?

dochu
25th June 2008, 04:35 PM
Maybe it is time for IR to hang the sign "Going out of Business".

It is impossible to be 'likeable' by everybody. But the list of people annoyed (and moving away) with IR seems to be growing. Atleast for me, I am beginning to accept that it wasn't IR's fault. It is like 1000 people saying something wrong wiht one person - then there must be truth behind it. 1 person against 1000 doesn't hold good.

What a shame!. IR - what's going on!!. we don't carry anything when we leave the world. I am sur your music will live on forever, but not your personality.

Hulkster
25th June 2008, 05:19 PM
Why is everyone so pessimistic? Dunt everyone realised IR has already done everything before Rahman came in. Films dunt give a challenge to IR anymore and you can see from the projects he chooses that he is not in the commercial business. I already have repeated he is there for the BGM. And anyway his interest still remains in non-music projects. Please stop trying to interpret IR as a commercial MD, he is way more than that. If he wanted to continue being in the top commercially, dunt you think he would have said yes to rajini,kamal and co when they still wanted him and rahman was on the rising?

Think again guys and enjoy what he is giving you now instead of focussing on this and that. BTW Marmayogi is supposedly produced by rahman or walt disney, not rajkamal..where did you get that info from?

And raja was not involved in dasa-avatharam due to the director being KSR and the producer insisting on a "saleable" MD. Well Kamal might not have been referring to raaja as people wanted to suppress him as well. And anyways raaja always gave in to kamal so that theory is down as well.

If MSV is hailed that should not be against IR. If he hailed rahman then we know its against IR but still it may be a "business" comment.

People like raja-fan, learn to believe that the times of IR being a commercial MD ended when he moved on with how to name it and then the symphony. Or dunt try to bring down the mood of other fans.

raajarasigan
25th June 2008, 05:21 PM
In Indiaglitz also, they confirmed the same...

But still, I hope he will come back for MN to IR...

after all, MY is just a fund-raiser for him to produce MN...

Though MY will be under Rajkamal productions, it is on a first copy basis which means the actual production house will be Pyramid Saimira... where they need commercially successful MD in their opinion...

someone mentioned that in one of this interviews kamal said he could not work because of the same commercial value..

but in the same interview before admitting the above point he told that he went on to IR who was the best in this business..

it could be KSR-IR conflict also OR the type of concept he had taken in DA (No GOD) just like in Anbe Sivam...

IMO, KH should not work with IR unless it is completely from RK production... then only he will have the liberty to get the best from IR

MumbaiRamki
25th June 2008, 05:45 PM
Hi Shankar

I totally agree with you that there is a rift between Kamal and Raaja.

Raaja had seen dasavatharam and had appreciated the movie ( Cofee with anu -> Crazy Mohan)

raja_fan
25th June 2008, 06:06 PM
People like raja-fan, learn to believe that the times of IR being a commercial MD ended when he moved on with how to name it and then the symphony. Or dunt try to bring down the mood of other fans.

Hulkster,

When did i bring down your mood ?!!
I told "Nothing to lose for IR". Please read the posts well before such accusations.

IR did HTNI and the symphony when he was well at the peak as a commercial MD. Check your facts well. :)

crajkumar_be
25th June 2008, 06:27 PM
BTW Marmayogi is supposedly produced by rahman or walt disney, not rajkamal..where did you get that info from?

Marmayogi will be produced by Raajkamal Films International for Pyramid Saimira on a first copy basis.
BTW, A.R Rahman was the first to be signed for this project by Raajkamal, even before the producer (and cast/crew) was finalized.

app_engine
25th June 2008, 06:47 PM
:-)

rajaalltheway
25th June 2008, 08:50 PM

It is impossible to be 'likeable' by everybody. But the list of people annoyed (and moving away) with IR seems to be growing. Atleast for me, I am beginning to accept that it wasn't IR's fault. It is like 1000 people saying something wrong wiht one person - then there must be truth behind it. 1 person against 1000 doesn't hold good.

What a shame!. IR - what's going on!!. we don't carry anything when we leave the world. I am sur your music will live on forever, but not your personality.
Why dont we ask Sunil gavaskar to play 20-20 and score a whirlwind 100 so that he proves his talent and abilities of the past were real and not fables

app_engine
25th June 2008, 09:04 PM
Today's dinamalar speculates that marma yOgi is nothing but reincarnation of marudha nAyakam. If true, possibility of IR working for Kamal in future is remote.

rajasaranam
25th June 2008, 09:10 PM

...And the list of people moving towards him is also growing (Mysskin, Ameer and all the debut directors of the movies signed up by him off-late) :)
Even if 1000 people say something is wrong with him it need not be the truth.
Iam sure his personality will be better understood in the times to come and it will live on forever just like his music :)

And yes Its Sad to know Kamal Is moving away from our GOD. But lets be happy that better movie makers are embracing the Religion called 'Raajaism'. :wink: It takes immense 'Bhakthi' to print the composers name above the director himself.

rajaalltheway
25th June 2008, 09:12 PM
Today's dinamalar speculates that marma yOgi is nothing but reincarnation of marudha nAyakam. If true, possibility of IR working for Kamal in future is remote.
Atlast Kamalji too....

rajasaranam
25th June 2008, 09:14 PM

7th century'kkum 17th Century'kkum 1000 Varusham Vithyasam irukku guru :)

jaiganes
25th June 2008, 09:22 PM
My 2 cents.
After seeing Kamal's skills in Dasa.
I would be happy if he stays atleast a furlong away from IR.
As far a MArudhanayagam is concerned, IR will take a look at the script and decide if it requires his music.
There is no dearth of air that runs through the bamboo.

jaiganes
25th June 2008, 09:24 PM

RS - Kadhai dhaane - eppadi venumnaalum maathikalaam.
7th centuryle oruthan sindhina mooku sali eppadi 17th centuryle political upheaval erpaduthudhungaradha thaan Marma Naayagam ngra chaos thathuva vilakka padam moolama kaata poraango. :lol: :lol: :lol:

app_engine
25th June 2008, 09:50 PM

Definitely yes:-) With the big success of 10A, Kamal is the hottest property in media now - everyone wants to show his picture / write something about him etc, to boost their circulation by riding on the wave. (Well, even in our forums, Kamal is the most talked about artist currently:-)) Some info could be correct while others total imagination.

Personally, I'd like to see following combo's approach IR for some inspired output from him (கற்பனை தானே, எப்படி வேணா பண்ணலாமே):

MR-Kamal - period story / bio pic etc.
PA-Rajini (any director)- masala with less grandeur
BR-VM-village story (kutRapparambarai, kaLLikkAttu idhikAsam and the like)
KB-Suhasini- feminist subject for mid-age woman

jaiganes
25th June 2008, 10:39 PM
IR - rajini will hapen only if rajini decides to make a sensible baba.
MR - IR will(I pray it shuld) never happen
BR- IR might happen- who will produce the mvie? MR should look to making movies with no songs ..
IR-kamal only if the movie is like mahanadi-emotional movie.

irir123
26th June 2008, 05:01 AM
Am sure I saw/heard Kamal say that IR is the best in the business, but had to opt for someoneelse coz of the producer (for DASA) - so donno why Kamal didnt opt for IR for MY - there is no way we can speculate the reasons for the same

as for MY itself, given that Kamal-IR chemistry has worked like magic all the time, I wonder if Kamal wud be able to extract stuff from ARR the same way he cud do from IR ! this is not to downgrade what ARR is capable of, but that special chemistry between IR and Kamal cannot be replaced IMHO

anyways, lets wait and see what happens and how the output is going to be

as for the speculated rift between IR and Kamal, I doubt if that would ever happen

Hulkster
26th June 2008, 07:46 AM

Hulkster,

When did i bring down your mood ?!!
I told "Nothing to lose for IR". Please read the posts well before such accusations.

IR did HTNI and the symphony when he was well at the peak as a commercial MD. Check your facts well. :)

I did not mean he was falling at that time, I meant that he was not a commercial MD meaning he was no more the type that is associated with films only.

And most of your posts seem so pessimistic about raja's music like he has lost his composing skills. If you were a little bit more composed you would realise that he was never interested in the songs department after a while. It is of course quite displeasing to hear at times but it is also quite obvious that is simply because they dunt interest him, not that he cant give proper music.

raja_fan
26th June 2008, 11:32 AM
And most of your posts seem so pessimistic about raja's music like he has lost his composing skills.

Hulkster, again your allegation is false. Probably you are mistaking me for some body else.

crajkumar_be
26th June 2008, 02:32 PM
7th centuryle oruthan sindhina mooku sali eppadi 17th centuryle political upheaval erpaduthudhungaradha thaan Marma Naayagam ngra chaos thathuva vilakka padam moolama kaata poraango :lol: :lol: :lol:
:banghead:
Jaiganes,
oke oka kind rikuost...
Ok yeah. The whole hub and our ancestors have by now got the point that you didn't like Dasa. Don't you think it's time to move on??
Atleast other threads, please? Especially since you know nothing about MY's script, can you spare us this bs? :huh:

jaiganes
26th June 2008, 02:57 PM
7th centuryle oruthan sindhina mooku sali eppadi 17th centuryle political upheaval erpaduthudhungaradha thaan Marma Naayagam ngra chaos thathuva vilakka padam moolama kaata poraango :lol: :lol: :lol:
:banghead:
Jaiganes,
oke oka kind rikuost...
Ok yeah. The whole hub and our ancestors have by now got the point that you didn't like Dasa. Don't you think it's time to move on??
Atleast other threads, please? Especially since you know nothing about MY's script, can you spare us this bs? :huh:

baabu . meeku thelisna level . naaku thelugu raadhu.
thamizlo adagandi utharam chepthanu

maatru karuthai sagithukolla mudiyaadhavargalai patri
"enna vendru solvadhamma?"

crajkumar_be
26th June 2008, 03:38 PM
maatru karuthai sagithukolla mudiyaadhavargalai patri
"enna vendru solvadhamma?"
ayya Medhavi,
I never had a problem in you posting your karuthus (i thought "en karuthu" clubbed with your name is an oxymoron. You said you only talked objective facts unlike us, remember).

Do you call your above post as mere "karuthu"???? Come on, what is the need to pour out your Dasa-obsession caused nakkals, abusses and what not in threads not related to Dasa? Honestly, what do you know about MY to comment like this?

"indha ulagathula naama mattum dhaan objective, naama oru medhavi, naama Roget Ebert-ke guru, mathavanellam bhajana goshti, maatru karutha yethukka mattaan" nu nenaikkaravangala enna Babu solla mudiyum? :huh:

Hulkster
26th June 2008, 04:05 PM
And most of your posts seem so pessimistic about raja's music like he has lost his composing skills.

Hulkster, again your allegation is false. Probably you are mistaking me for some body else.

Neither have they been optimistic. :D

dochu
26th June 2008, 04:50 PM
Why dont we ask Sunil gavaskar to play 20-20 ......................

That's exactly the point I was saying. Sunil cannot show now what he did decades ago. Similarly IR is unable to show what he did before. That is the one of the prime reason, people are moving away from him.

...And the list of people moving towards him is also growing (Mysskin, Ameer and all the debut directors of the movies signed up by him off-late)

They won't last very long. Commercial success is important for them. As others said IR is not a commercial MD anymore. Soon they will move away from him.

Even if 10000 people say something is wrong with him it need not be the truth.

Logically that argument will not stand. :wink:

To me, IR should drop 'film music' and start working on TIS kind of albums, why not capture the essence of seasons in madras (rainy etc), marghazhi months early mornings, ...... that will stand forever than his latest debacles in film music.

It is just that generation changed, and majority can't accept his music anymore (actually it isn't like his old times, anyway). To me, I can't stand YSM music - just heard santhosh subramaniyam - could not listen past 30 secs into the song.

Cinefan
26th June 2008, 05:54 PM
Jai,agree with Bala 100%.

Everyone who's been following the Dasa.... thread knows you didn't like the film.

Your sarcastic post in this thread is uncalled for.

PLEASE MOVE ON,PERIOD

app_engine
26th June 2008, 07:22 PM
There was an interesting statement this morning in the V98.7 smooth jazz reg. composers (and I was trying to relate that to IR, who is basically a composer, but by virtue of being recognized in the filmdom, has to do everything).

This is about Bob James who composed a # of songs played by Alexander Zonjic, who is a well known jazz artist in the metro Detroit area and also hosts a few hours daily on this FM station. During one of the programs of AZ, it seems Bob James was present and sure enough there were some songs composed by him. And Bob could not remember a number of them it seems:-)

The final comment was "oh he has written and composed millions of them and it's impossible to remember every one of them". AZ's page:
http://www.wvmv.com/pages/339138.php

I was wondering what if IR ties up with some acclaimed international group and only "compose" for them:-)

raja_fan
26th June 2008, 08:02 PM
Hulkster,

Anyways, I am moving leaving our arguments behind..I am not here to be optimistic or any *istic. I will post what I feel :)

irir123
26th June 2008, 08:55 PM
reg Kamal-IR: at this point of time, Kamal already has a 'reputation' for being very nosy abt everything in a movie he is working on - ellaa vishayathhilum mookkai nuzhaippavar engira oru karuthu irukkum nerathil, if he insists on IR adamantly, when MY is being co-produced by someone else, whose business interests may not prefer IR given IR's present market credibility (despite the success of a Cheeni Kum in the north), it would be deemed unprofessional on Kamal's part to do so - my few cents

crajkumar_be
26th June 2008, 09:07 PM
reg Kamal-IR: at this point of time, Kamal already has a 'reputation' for being very nosy abt everything in a movie he is working on - ellaa vishayathhilum mookkai nuzhaippavar engira oru karuthu irukkum nerathil, if he insists on IR adamantly, when MY is being co-produced by someone else, whose business interests may not prefer IR given IR's present market credibility (despite the success of a Cheeni Kum in the north), it would be deemed unprofessional on Kamal's part to do so - my few cents

BTW, A.R Rahman was the first to be signed for this project by Raajkamal, even before the producer (and cast/crew) was finalized.

Source: From Chandrahaasan. If that's not credible enough, TF section la Marmayogi thread la indha update podappattadhu. The producer was not confirmed at that time. Eventually ARR's name was linked to Marmayogi in some websites/papers also..appavum producer nichayam aagala...

MrJudge
26th June 2008, 10:18 PM
I was wondering what if IR ties up with some acclaimed international group and only "compose" for them:-)

That has been my wish too. If not with acclaimed international group, atleast for some tamil film albums he should compose and let Yuvan do the orchestration and recording. I hope that happens pretty soon.

MrJudge
26th June 2008, 10:26 PM
...And the list of people moving towards him is also growing (Mysskin, Ameer and all the debut directors of the movies signed up by him off-late)

They won't last very long. Commercial success is important for them. As others said IR is not a commercial MD anymore. Soon they will move away from him.

How do you know?

Bala has done only three films and two of them with IR, both were super hits commercially. If the director is good, IR's work will be great as usual . Just wait for NK, Nandhalala and Ameer's kannabiran.

Yes, pure masala movie makers will definitely shy away from IR and for meaningful movie makers, he has been and will be there always even after 1992 ;)

app_engine
26th June 2008, 10:56 PM
Digression

This may be an opposite case - i.e. of IR that at least some hubbers wish he should NOT have chosen to work with:-(
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/39565.html

End-digression

jaiganes
27th June 2008, 03:57 AM
app_engine.
to give benefit of the doubt to IR, NK viswanathan has had some good collaboration with IR - nadodi paatukaaran(Was it Ganghei amaran or NKV?) and pudhupatti ponnuthaayee had some decent music from IR.

irir123
27th June 2008, 05:29 AM
[tscii:18b7d3d3d2]posting in allthingskamal blog site confirms ARR is MD for MY - copy pasting the same here:

A R Rahman was honoured with the Life Time Achievement Award by Rotary Club of Madras in Chennai on Tuesday.

Check this link:
http://newstodaynet.com/newsindex.php?id=8621%20&%20section=11

Earlier, an audio-visual was screened which carried congratulatory messages from the who’s who of Tamil film industry.

In his Message To ARR,

KAMALJI spoke “வணக்கம் ரஹ்மான்! இந்த மர்மயோகியை நீங்க இங்கே எதிபார்த்திருக்கமாட்டீங்கன்னு நினைக்கிறேன். மிகக் குறைஞ்ச வயசுல உங்களுக்கு வாழ்நாள் சாதனையாளர் விருது கொடுத்துக் கெளரவிச்சிருக்கு ரோட்டரி கிளப். ஆனா, இந்த விருது இன்னும் 50 வருடங்கள் நீங்கள் பண்ணப்போகும் சாதனைகளுக்காகவும்தான். மீண்டும் மர்மயோகியில் சந்திப்போம்!” என்று கமல்ஹாசன் ‘பன்ச்சோடு’ பேசி முடிக்க, அரங்கமே கைதட்டி ஆர்ப்பரித்தது. காரணம், “மர்மயோகிக்கு” இசை ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் !
(Courtesy: vikatan)

This info confirms that KAMALJI’S next MANGUM OPUS “MARMAYOGI” Music director is A.R.R[/tscii:18b7d3d3d2]

MrJudge
27th June 2008, 01:18 PM
pudhupatti ponnuthaayee had some decent music from IR.

ooradangum saamaththilla is an awesome number in PP. If he gets atleast one song in that caliber in Jagan Mohini, then I will be happy.

MrJudge
27th June 2008, 01:26 PM
Yes, this week's vikatan confirms that Kamal goes away from IR for his MY. So far he excuses by playing the blame game on others, this time it is different. I think IR will never work with Kamal again.

buggle
27th June 2008, 05:50 PM
Yes, this week's vikatan confirms that Kamal goes away from IR for his MY. So far he excuses by playing the blame game on others, this time it is different. I think IR will never work with Kamal again.

That's what i felt too, Mumbai Xpress going to be the last IR-KH movie

rajasaranam
27th June 2008, 06:32 PM

And what an awesome score IR had given as last, to everyone he had parted with :)
MR-thalapathi
BR-Nadodi thendral
KB-Puthu Puthu Arthangal
RK-Veera

Way to go IR. :victory: Proud to be your fan :)

Sanjeevi
27th June 2008, 08:46 PM

And what an awesome score IR had given as last, to everyone he had parted with :)
MR-thalapathi
BR-Nadodi thendral
KB-Puthu Puthu Arthangal
RK-Veera

Myskkin - Nandalala

Bala - Naan Kadavul?

irir123
27th June 2008, 10:01 PM
as a HCIRF am disappointed with this twist in the tale - its a professional world where none are friends and none are foes forever, but the IR-KH rift, if true, is shocking - I just hope its not a rift, and just a temporary one

rajasaranam
28th June 2008, 12:35 AM

MR-thalapathi
BR-Nadodi thendral
KB-Puthu Puthu Arthangal
RK-Veera

Myskkin - Nandalala
Bala - Naan Kadavul?

I dont see Myskkin as an association in long term for Raaja. He feels Raaja will do justice to 'Nandalala' Hence the combination.

Bala is definitely a long term Association, If Raaja is not inspired by the script of Next film of Bala, YSR will score :)

I dont even aspire for anymore longterm associations of Directors with Raaja. If the script is good and if the director feels if and only if Raaja could do justice to it (Who else could if the script is gripping?), let them come to him, else its better Raaja stay away from them rather than doing the same 'Araicha maavu' songs and BGM's.

Regarding my statement Iam very clear Nobody could point fingers at Raaja saying that he gave a mediocre score hence the disassociation :) Iam happy for that :oops:

MrJudge
28th June 2008, 05:58 PM
Myskkin - Nandalala

Bala - Naan Kadavul?

As rajasaranam has said, Mysskin will go back to Sunder for his next venture or may stick with IR. It depends on the script he is preparing next time.

Bala - I don't think he will go to another person in his life. Watched Nandha a few days back on TV, though the songs were great, I felt the movie missed IR so bad in the background score. IR is the best fit for Bala's movies, IMO.

rajaalltheway
29th June 2008, 12:21 PM
I look at this in another angle.The oldies including KH and RK inorder to survive in this dog eat dog world are turning to youngsters and new names who hog the limelight.The results are products like dasa and sivaji,god knows how people appreciate those and spend money on them.
At the same time a new breed of youngsters including mysskin,ameer (more to come) who are coming up with extraordinary movies defying all conventions of star systems are going to maestro.Thiss just great news.I strongly feel that Ayya is about to begin an all new journey.many years ago a very young Daniel Rasayya toured south india with people hardened by life and mesmerised them with his voice.Now its going to start,the other way around.Ameers' kannabiran based on the life of yesteryear hardcore communist revolutionary will be a project very close to Ayyas heart...
Everything happens for the best..

thumburu
30th June 2008, 06:28 PM
I too feel KH deserted IR not due to any personal rift[Kamal is just too busy to have any rift with anybody for that matter] , but purely due to business reasons just the same way as Rajini did , a decade back . After listening to IR's bgm in "Aboorva SagodharargaL", I did miss IR atleast in the bgm of "Dasa" although Iam happy that DeviShri did not maul it

jaiganes
3rd July 2008, 01:27 PM
I too feel KH deserted IR not due to any personal rift[Kamal is just too busy to have any rift with anybody for that matter] , but purely due to business reasons just the same way as Rajini did , a decade back . After listening to IR's bgm in "Aboorva SagodharargaL", I did miss IR atleast in the bgm of "Dasa" although Iam happy that DeviShri did not maul it

before the kamal brigade comes in...
thumburu - the damage was done before even the movie came up or RR to DeviSri. He simply placed the garland on the dead body.

rajasaranam
3rd July 2008, 08:27 PM
thumburu - the damage was done before even the movie came up or RR to DeviSri. He simply placed the garland on the dead body.

:lol: Vidamaatenga poala :)

thumburu
4th July 2008, 12:10 PM
rs, avar paavam Kamal ivlo varusham , paNam selavazhichu , ippidi hyper drive kuduthadhaale oru classic varumnnu edhirpaarthaar. aana vandhadhu oru glossy "sakalakalavallavan" maadhiri oru garam masala

jaiganes
4th July 2008, 12:54 PM
Frankly I like IR collaborating with youngsters more than oldies like alwa vasu.
I got hold of audio launch stills of a film Kaadhalil Vizundhaen *ing Nakulan and directed by PV.Prasad. The stills are very impressive and each still had some interesting poetry lines on them. I was thinking of Raja's music for those lines.
One thing that has always differentiated Raja from Rahman is the accessibility of Raja to rank newcomers, be it Bala or any other newbie director. He has even scored for some film institute certificate movies.
His inaccessibility to oldiesis not of much bother to me (probably to him as well). There are many young music directors who will learn by collaborating with maniratnam, Kamal or their likes. While there will be only one raaja frm whom the younger film directors can learn how to write a script with music in mind.

jaiganes
4th July 2008, 12:55 PM

Avangala nirutha sollu.
naan nirutharen

crajkumar_be
4th July 2008, 01:59 PM

Avangala nirutha sollu.
naan nirutharen
Ayya,
neenga dhaan saami arambicheenga, ippo continue-vum panreenga...
Still obsessed, i guess.. enna panradhu.... :roll:

jaiganes
4th July 2008, 04:00 PM

Avangala nirutha sollu.
naan nirutharen
Ayya,
neenga dhaan saami arambicheenga, ippo continue-vum panreenga...
Still obsessed, i guess.. enna panradhu.... :roll:
summa iru sollara appidinnu vallalaar sonnaaru.
neenga venumnaa first part try pannungalen. It worked for me in the past. :lol: :lol:

rajasaranam
4th July 2008, 04:09 PM
There are many young music directors who will learn by collaborating with maniratnam, Kamal or their likes. While there will be only one raaja frm whom the younger film directors can learn how to write a script with music in mind.

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

crajkumar_be
4th July 2008, 07:43 PM
neenga venumnaa first part try pannungalen. It worked for me in the past. :lol: :lol:
:confused2:

jaiganes
4th July 2008, 09:04 PM

summa iru = do nothing (do nothing mentally for attaining siddhi)
sollara = close the door (mouth ai sonnaen).
appadiye inge konjam :) :D :) idhellam pottukanum.
appa dhaan tension kammi aagum..

Sanjeevi
4th July 2008, 10:32 PM

summa iru = do nothing (do nothing mentally for attaining siddhi)
sollara = close the door (mouth ai sonnaen).
appadiye inge konjam :) :D :) idhellam pottukanum.
appa dhaan tension kammi aagum..

you mean சொல்லறை (சொல் + அறை)? what a tamil word :notworthy:

raja_fan
5th July 2008, 08:49 AM
Sanjeevi,

It is not Sollarai. It is Sollara ( Soll (word) + ara ( without) ).

That is "Be calm without words". It means "Go to a state in which your mind will be without thought waves and perfectly silent".

Is it possible ? yes, we go to that state in deep sleep ( a sleep without any dreams ). So should we sleep all the time ? No. We should attain that state when we are in conscious state ( which we call Samadhi ).

Ok. Niruthikkaren :)
For more on this, one can read Ramana Maharshi's life.

crvenky
7th July 2008, 03:18 PM
Digression:
This is not about non-IR projects. But I was wondering if he ever collaborated with Subbu Arumugam (villupattu) or Kunnakudi Vaidyanathan (violin). I wish they joined hands to give some great, memorable songs to TFM.

I also wish he worked with greats such as Kripananda Variar. Perhaps, there was no devotional movies on Muruga taken during the last 20+ years. We are truly the losers.

thumburu
7th July 2008, 04:19 PM
More than the devotional/bhakti movies, I would prefer some of Kalki's immortal novels like "ponniyin selvan" ,"alai osai" etc to be made as movies and they would offer a wide , challenging canvas for our Raja to paint his music