PDA

View Full Version : "Lyricists are sidelined" - VairaMuthu

R.Latha
26th June 2008, 08:02 AM
[tscii:97c7a8f08f]Lyricists are being sidelined today. But due importance should be given to them, said noted lyricist Vairamuthu.

Speaking at the audio launch of the movie Muniyandi, Vilangiyal Moonram Aandu recently , Vairamuthu said, ‘unfortunately kuthu songs have overtaken melodies in Tamil film music.

Music instruments have overshadowed the soft lyrics’. He urged the music directors to come up with soft tunes that stay forever in the minds and hearts of the music-lovers.

Muniyandi, Vilangiyal Moonram Aandu is directed by Thirumurugan. Vidyasagar has scored music for the film. The movie stars Bharath and newcomer Poorna in the lead roles.

Actor Vijay launched the first copy of the audio and expressed his confidence that the movie would become a hit.

Actor Prabhu, producer Datho Duraisinghavelu, Karunas of Ayngaran International and Thirumurugan also spoke on the occasion. The leading pair of Bharath and Poorna were presented at the audio launch jointly produced by Ayangaran.

[/tscii:97c7a8f08f]

MrJudge
26th June 2008, 11:55 AM
evaru panra kaamedikku alave illaiya :lol:

A.ANAND
26th June 2008, 03:11 PM
evaru panra kaamedikku alave illaiya :lol:
appadi enna perusa comedy pannitaru vairamuthu!neenga panntha comedy'ya :lol:

MrJudge
26th June 2008, 03:20 PM
eppa paaththaalum MDs-a (including your annachchi too) vainjukitte irukkaaru intha vaiyIra muththu. music vanthu dominate pannuthu pannuthunnu. pesama ivare music korachchalla podavendiyathu thaana.

A.ANAND
26th June 2008, 03:30 PM
perusunnga vayasu anale appadithan,ethavathu ollarikitte irukkum,[namma samiyar] pesatha pecha!vittu thallunga sir!

MrJudge
26th June 2008, 03:34 PM
Gnani mudivu eduththa eduththathu thaan, poite iruppaar. ivar appadi kidaiyathu, aduththa kuththu pattukku kooptaa, odanaiye 'thangath tamilan, singath thamilan' pattu ezhutha oduvar. athu thaan comedy-E!

A.ANAND
26th June 2008, 03:39 PM
Gnani mudivu eduththa eduththathu thaan, poite iruppaar. ivar appadi kidaiyathu, aduththa kuththu pattukku kooptaa, odanaiye 'thangath tamilan, singath thamilan' pattu ezhutha oduvar. athu thaan comedy-E!
:lol: :lol: avaroda motivation song keekve sahikathu atha marathutinngale exp:'poo parikka kodari ethukku'muthu oruvan oruva song :lol:

MrJudge
30th June 2008, 05:40 PM
Muniyandi vilangiyal mooraamaandu padaththula kuththu potturukkra maathiri theriyuthu.

kumar_tamizhan
1st July 2008, 09:49 AM
This was the same man who wrote "Methai Vaanginaen Thookkatha Vaangala".
The above lines were not lyrics of his IMAGINATION but just a TRANSLATION.Those were the lines from a english proverb which goes 'Money can buy BED but not SLEEP'. Again in 1987 Vairamuthu translated ' If wishes were horses,even beggars would ride' to 'Aasaigal inge kudhiraigal aanaal,ezhaigal kooda oorvalam poavaar', for a song from the movie Mandhira Punnagai sung by S.Janaki.

Polamburadhe oru velaiyaa pochu ivarukku !

karthik_sa2
4th July 2008, 06:41 PM
ivara maadhiri lyricists'a sideline panradhu nalladhudhaan....

MrJudge
4th July 2008, 07:09 PM
ivara maadhiri lyricists'a sideline panradhu nalladhudhaan....

Sideline pannanumnu avasiyam kidaiyaathu. But he should know what his role is in a movie. If he writes poetry/any literary work, he will be the king for those works and in that circle. No one can deny that. But he thinks big of himself in movies, that is the problem.

selvakumar
4th July 2008, 07:33 PM
I think he referred to the increasing trend of kuthu songs. Songs like 'Aracha maava arappoema' are increasing these days. Many albums have only kuthu songs. Kuthu songs are like pickles. I think he is referring to the lack of melodies.

karthik_sa2
5th July 2008, 12:50 AM
I think he referred to the increasing trend of kuthu songs. Songs like 'Aracha maava arappoema' are increasing these days. Many albums have only kuthu songs. Kuthu songs are like pickles. I think he is referring to the lack of melodies

he is one lyricist i hate very much esp film songs...rhomba rare'a once in a blue moon oru nalla paatu ezhudhuvaar...vaali is far far better than him...

MrJudge
6th July 2008, 10:14 AM
I think he referred to the increasing trend of kuthu songs. Songs like 'Aracha maava arappoema' are increasing these days. Many albums have only kuthu songs. Kuthu songs are like pickles. I think he is referring to the lack of melodies.

Not true. Every movie has atleast one/two melodies, may be a few don't have it. But kuthu songs get the limelight and get popular easily. That has been the case always, not only now even during IR's days. I think vaiyIramuthu problem-la ulkuththu irukkara maathiri theriyuthu. New young directors use other upcoming lyricists and they gain opportunities and fame. vaiyIramuthu-kku gaandu maathiri theriyuthu.