PDA

View Full Version : Words to Sri Rangapura Vihara??

anjali
5th January 2005, 07:32 AM
Hi,
I'm interested in getting the words to Sri Rangapura Vihara.

I often listen to the version included in the Sri Venkatesa Suprabhatam by MS Subbulakshmi and... I'd really love to be able to chant along as well as understand the sanskrt. Since I do not read sanskrt, I would appreciate the line by line engish transliteration and translation.

If anyone could point me to a source or another forum to which I should post this request, I'd surely appreciate it.

Thanks very much in advance.

viggop
5th January 2005, 11:24 AM
Hi Anjali
Please see this page.
http://www.sangeetham.com/others/viewkrithis.php3?id=454

MS rendering of that song was excellent and soulful.

anjali
8th January 2005, 01:03 AM
Viggop:

Thanks very much!! I very much enjoy listening to MS (Suprabhatam, Bhavayami too!) and will enjoy also being able to sing along.

Anjali

Surya
14th January 2005, 02:29 AM
Anyone see the show on Sun TV on Sunday honoring the great singer?

RR
14th January 2005, 05:35 AM
Anyone see the show on Sun TV on Sunday honoring the great singer?

I did. Was good. MSV said "viswanathaa, un isayile oru paattu paadanumda endru sonnaargal. Athukku enakku koduthu vaikkalai."
I wished it was longer. Doordharshan would've done a better job.

hehehewalrus
14th January 2005, 01:19 PM
who was the interviewer?

RR
14th January 2005, 03:02 PM
walrus: It was not in interview format. A kind of re-enactment of MS' life interspersed with music bits & celebrities' comments.

Surya
6th February 2005, 03:29 AM
dhoordharshan would have done a better job.
Really? I thought that Dhoordharshan was bad. I thought that Sun TV was the best in doing anything. But they left out on all of the contributions that she had done to society etc.

Did anyone read MSS's best friends interview in Vikadan?

viggop
6th February 2005, 12:04 PM
Yes.I read it.There was also photo of the two of them when they were young.

Surya
6th February 2005, 12:13 PM
It was nice to read aobu the 2 best friends. :) What was the name of the other maami?

viggop
6th February 2005, 07:29 PM
I dont remember her name.But in it,she said that once Sadashivam and MS were in Calcutta,they left Radha Vishwanathan(then 5 yrs old),in her care.also, MS loved to go to bombay so often for concerts that Sadashivam used to tease her saying that she is really going there to see her friend(they had moved to bombay from calcutta).
Also, I read one more news about Sadashivam. It seems during the freedom struggle ,he took care of leprosy patients.
Does anyone know more about this?

Surya
9th February 2005, 08:21 AM
Yes, Many people have told me that Sadhasivam Iyer is a noble person, and that he was a great man. I've also heard people say that he's done that. I guess it must be true.

viggop
9th February 2005, 10:43 AM
I think he took care of Subramanian Siva(who was a freedom fighter) and got afflicted with leprosy