View Full Version : Shreya Goshal - "The solacing Nightingale"

selvakumar
3rd July 2008, 02:34 PM
[tscii]
Shreya Ghoshal - "The solacing Nightingale"

[html:f7b00e0c83]
http://www.shreyaghoshal.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/shreya11.jpg
[/html:f7b00e0c83]

Description: (http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=1232211)
(from orkut)

Shreya Ghoshal is the brand new nightingale of Indian Film Music. With her debut with Sanjay Leela Bhansali's 2002 epic Devdas, she was catapulted to the top league right on. In a short span, Shreya managed to work with legends like Ilaiyaraja, A R Rahman, Anu Malik, Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy, M M Kreem, Vishal Bharadwaj and many more. Shreya bagged the National Award for Best Playback Singer for Devdas (2003) and Paheli (2007). She won Filmfare trophies for Devdas (2003), Jism (2004), Guru (2008), Sillanoru Kaadhal (2008) apart from the R D Burman Award (2003). She has literally given her contemporaries a run for their money with her soothing vocals, crystal clear pronunciation, strong classical base and sheer versatility. She has spread her wings to Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Bengali, Bhojpuri, Marathi and Malayalam among other languages.
Celebrating the angelic, enigmatic and addictive voice of Indian Cinema : the one & only Shreya Ghoshal.

Shreya Ghoshal - from wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shreya_Ghoshal)
Shreya Ghoshal or Shreya Ghosal ( Bengali: শ্রেয়া ঘোষাল, Hindi: श्रेया घोषाल) born March 12, 1984[citation needed] in Kota, Rajasthan is an Indian playback singer. She has sung several songs in Bollywood and regional films. and also for indian soaps like Kasturi

Besides Hindi, she has also sung songs in Bengali, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Marathi and Malayalam.

Biography

Early years

Shreya Ghoshal was born in a Bengali family. She grew up in Rawatbhata, a small town near Kota, Rajasthan. Her father works in Bhabha Atomic Research Center as a nuclear power plant engineer for the Nuclear Power Corporation of India while her mother is a post-graduate literature student.

From the age of four Ghoshal accompanied her mother on the harmonium. Her parents enrolled her for formal training in Hindustani classical music in Kota with Maheshchandra Sharma[1].

As a child she won the children's special episode of the Sa Re Ga Ma Pa contest on Zee TV. Kalyanji who also judged the competition, convinced her parents to move to Mumbai[2]. She trained with him for 18 months and continued her classical music training with Mukta Bhide in Mumbai[1].

She studied at Atomic Energy Central Schools (AECS) at Kota and Anushaktinagar (Mumbai). For Graduation she had entolled herself at SIES College in their Arts Stream.

Career
She caught the attention of film director Sanjay Leela Bhansali when she participated in Sa Re Ga Ma Pa for a second time, this time competing against adults. In 2000, He offered her the opportunity to be the voice of Paro, the lead female character of his film Devdas, who was to be portrayed by Aishwarya Rai. Shreya sang five songs in the film. She has received many accolades for the song 'Mere Dholna' from Bhool Bhulaiya. She has since gone on to sing for various music directors including Himesh Reshammiya, Ilayaraja, Anu Malik, A.R. Rahman, M.M. Kreem, Shankar Ehsaan Loy, Pritam,Harris Jayraj Vishal-Shekhar, and Mano Murthy. Today Ghoshal is an established industry singer and has recorded in various regional languages, including Bengali, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada,Manipuri,Marathi and Bhojpuri.She is currently a judge in the singing show Amul Star Voice Of India Chhote Ustaad. She has also sang title song of many Indian Television serials. Moviegoers from across the world heard Ghosal’s singing voice pictured on Aishwarya Rai, and she quickly became one of the top female playback singers in Bollywood, alongside Alka Yagnik, Sunidhi Chauhan, Sadhana Sargam and Kavita Krishnamurthy. Since Devdas, she has gone on to sing for many more actresses under the baton of various music directors, including M.M. Kreem, for whom she sang “Jaadu Hai Nasha Hai”, a sensuous number pictured on Bipasha Basu in Jism.She targeted doing good work and has won many awards (8 Awards in a single year including a National Award). Ghosal has completed her college education, and is planning to pursue her MA in literature, a subject which she adores. She enjoys Symphony and instrumental in western music and her favourite is ABBA group. But Indian music is definitely her soul. Her voice has a texture that suits romantic songs and she can project voice very well (a fine example is “Jadu Hai Nasha Hai ” from Jism). She is also comfortable singing sad songs or peppy songs. She has recorded in Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Bengali, and Marathi, besides Hindi. Apart from Devdas, she has done songs for Jism, Saaya, Inteha, Out of Control, Khakee, Munnabhai MBBS, Dhoop, Kuchh Kaha Aapne, Armaan, Desh Devi, Tujhe Meri Kasam, LOC Kargil, Aetbaar, Police Force, Lage Raho Munnabhai,Guru1, Guru 2, Guru 3 etc. She is the only playback singer to have been nominated in 4 out of the 5 nominations for the best playback singer for her songs in 2008 in IIFA 2008

Come - Let us discuss about this SONGBIRD and her SOOTHING voice, in which one can find solace. :D

selvakumar
3rd July 2008, 02:35 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shreya_Ghoshal
Tamil

Ghoshal's first Tamil song was Chellamai Chellam endrayada with Hariharan. Others include:

* Chaaral in Kuselan
* Thean Thean in Kuruvi
* Aavaram Poovukkum in Arai En 305il Kadavul
* Kaatril Varum in Oru Naal Oru Kanavu
* Thaiya Re Thaiya in Vellithirai
* Uruguthey in Veyyil
* Enakku piditha padal and Idayame Idayame in Balumahendra's Julie Ganapathy
* Munbe Vaa with Naresh Iyer in Sillunu Oru Kaadhal
* Unna Vida with Kamal Hassan in Virumaandi
* Panithuli with Kay Kay in Kanda Naal Mudhal
* Nijama Nijama with Kay Kay in Bose
* Thazhuvudu with SPB in Anbe Aaruyire
* Ninaitthu Ninaithu in 7/G Rainbow colony
* patthukkulle number in Vasoolraja
* Yaarum thodatha ondrai in Ajantha with Ilayaraja
* Saamikkitta solliputten in Dass with Hariharan
* Ayyayyayo in Paruthiveeran
* Azhahinna Azhagi in Enaku 20 Unakku 18

She has sung close to 75 songs in Tamil.

She was also a part of Ilaiyaraja's live concert where she sang a number of songs and also sang songs of the early 80's in Tamil.

Her pronunciation of the zh syllable, which is unique to Tamil , is considered to be her strength. In a short time she has attained mass following for a language which is not native to her.

selvakumar
3rd July 2008, 02:35 PM
Awards and recognitions.

* 2002: National Film Award for Best Female Playback Singer for Bairi Piya (Devdas)
* 2002: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award (with Kavita Krishnamurthy) for Dola Re (Devdas)
* 2003: Filmfare RD Burman Award for New Music Talent
* 2003: IIFA Award Best Female Playback Singer (with Kavita Krishnamurthy) for Dola Re (Devdas)
* 2003: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award for Jaadu Hai Nasha Hai (Jism)
* 2003: Zee Cine Award Best Female Playback Singer (with Kavita Krishnamurthy) for Dola Re (Devdas)
* 2004: IIFA Award Best Female Playback Singer for Jadu Hai Nasha Hai (Jism)
* 2005: Andhra Pradesh State Award Best Female Playback Singer for Pillagaali Allari (Athadu) & Neeke Nuvvu (Modati Cinema)
* 2006: Zee Cine Award Best Female Playback Singer for Piyu Bole (Parineeta)
* 2006: Star Screen Award Best Female Playback for Piyu Bole (Parineeta)
* 2007: Filmfare Awards South Best Female Playback Singer for Munbe Vaa (Sillunu Oru Kaadhal) (Tamil)
* 2007: Tamil Nadu State Award Best Female Playback Singer for Munbe Vaa (Sillunu Oru Kaadhal)
* 2006: National Film Award Best Female Playback Singer for Apne Aansoo Peene Ke Liye (Paheli) (Distributed in 2007)
* 2008: Star Screen Award Best Female Playback Singer for Barso Re (Guru)
* 2008: Filmfare Award Best Female Playback Singer for Barso Re (Guru)
* 2008: Apsara Award Best Female Playback Singer for Barso Re (Guru)
* 2008: Zee Cine Award Best Female Playback Singer for Barso Re (Guru)
* 2008: GPBA - German Public Bollywood Award Best Singer (Female) for Yeh Ishq Haaye (Jab We Met)
* 2008: IIFA Best Female Playback Award for Barso Re (Guru)

selvakumar
3rd July 2008, 02:36 PM
Reserved

selvakumar
3rd July 2008, 02:36 PM
Reserved

selvakumar
3rd July 2008, 02:37 PM
Reserved

selvakumar
3rd July 2008, 02:37 PM
Reserved

selvakumar
3rd July 2008, 02:45 PM
Shreya Ghoshal is the favorite female singer for Indians (27.9%) followed by Sunidhi Chauhan (11.6%). For NRIs/PIOs, Shreya is also the favorite singer (16.1%) followed by Asha Bhosle (18.3%).

http://www.bollywoodmantra.com/news/nris-vs-resident-indians/2912/
NRIs Vs Resident Indians

bingleguy
3rd July 2008, 05:25 PM
At last :-) a thread for my favorite voice .... Shreya Ghoshal ........

her pronunciation on languages beyond her mother tongue :-) simply amazing n commendable .....

unna vida from Virumandi ... is one of my favs ......

Mahen
3rd July 2008, 06:55 PM
:clap: Finally...Good job Selva..Still cant believe she sang ayyayo..Perfect pronunciation...She's illayaraja's favorite and vice versa...

MADDY
3rd July 2008, 07:10 PM
only grouse i have over her is she is a very very big IR fan for my liking :P - JK......i think her voice is once in a generation voice - almost flawless - can lift songs single handedly :)

crajkumar_be
3rd July 2008, 07:23 PM
<Dig type="nitpick">
remba naal-a oru doubtu.
"zha" is unique to Thamizh nu edhukku solrom? Even Malayalam has it and they pronounce it better than we do (though its a derived language)..
</Dig>

Shreya - THE BEST right now :clap:

Selva :thumbsup:

Nerd
3rd July 2008, 07:32 PM
dont we already have a thread for her :confused2:
anyway shreya is my favorite voice as well :thumbsup:

Mahen
3rd July 2008, 09:27 PM
only grouse i have over her is she is a very very big IR fan for my liking :P - JK......i think her voice is once in a generation voice - almost flawless - can lift songs single handedly :)

True..She really looks up to IR.. :)

MADDY
4th July 2008, 09:45 AM

//digr//many singers have this fixation for IR over ARR.........wish i cud slap all those singers who made a life out of ARR's songs but praise IR.................its just a wish :P //end disgr//

Mahen
4th July 2008, 11:03 AM

//digr//many singers have this fixation for IR over ARR.........wish i cud slap all those singers who made a life out of ARR's songs but praise IR.................its just a wish :P //end disgr//

As for sherya ghosal, most of her hits came from IR..Her hits with ARR that i can think of are only munba va and barso re

MADDY
4th July 2008, 01:47 PM
As for sherya ghosal, most of her hits came from IR..Her hits with ARR that i can think of are only munba va and barso re

ofcourse, she didnt make hay in ARR-shine :) and i didnt mean her

selvakumar
4th July 2008, 01:51 PM
Thanks friends :D

Barso Re had won her both filmfare and IIFA awards for the current year.

MADDY
4th July 2008, 02:56 PM
2008: Star Screen Award Best Female Playback Singer for Barso Re (Guru)
2008: Filmfare Award Best Female Playback Singer for Barso Re (Guru)
2008: Apsara Award Best Female Playback Singer for Barso Re (Guru)
2008: Zee Cine Award Best Female Playback Singer for Barso Re (Guru)
2008: IIFA Best Female Playback Award for Barso Re (Guru)

thats a lot 8-)

Sanguine Sridhar
4th July 2008, 03:36 PM
dont we already have a thread for her :confused2:
anyway shreya is my favorite voice as well :thumbsup:

Selva :D Good job dude!

Instantly I became her fan when I first listened to "Thazhuvudhu Nazhuvudhu" WOW :P what a voice :)

... And then Kaatril Varum Geedhame.. :P She is ... :notworthy:

Cheenikum songs especially Selva- your signature song :P :P 8-)

Munbe Vaa.... :cry: :cry: [aanandha kaneer :P ]

Shreya-nu peru vachaale oru kerakkam thaan :P

littlemaster1982
4th July 2008, 03:47 PM
No one has mentioned about 'Dheemi Dheemi' from Shiva 2006 :shock: That song is an absolute delight :thumbsup: None other than Shreya could have done justice to it.

Sanjeevi
4th July 2008, 04:28 PM
I give top position to "Enakku Piditha Paadal" from July Ganabathi

karthik_sa2
5th July 2008, 02:27 AM
who can forget her almost flawless "kaatril endhan geetham"<one of the toughest songs esp the initial humming> in illayaraja live in concert...she is indeed a nightingale.... :)

vasanth2006
5th July 2008, 04:41 AM
I give top position to "Enakku Piditha Paadal" from July Ganabathi

me too....unbelievable song.....

selvakumar
5th July 2008, 01:22 PM
Selva :D Good job dude!

Instantly I became her fan when I first listened to "Thazhuvudhu Nazhuvudhu" WOW :P what a voice :)

... And then Kaatril Varum Geedhame.. :P She is ... :notworthy:

Cheenikum songs especially Selva- your signature song :P :P 8-)

Munbe Vaa.... :cry: :cry: [aanandha kaneer :P ]

Shreya-nu peru vachaale oru kerakkam thaan :P

I think it was 'Ninaithu Ninaithu paarthen' song for me. I never knew anything about her at that time. In SOK, I loved New York Nagarm more than Munbae vaa. Just found Munbae vaa ok for the first time (May be I liked NYN more). Must say - it was cheenikum 'Mungaaru male' songs that made me a fan :D

Wibha
6th July 2008, 06:25 AM
not a great fan of shreya although many songs she's sung are wonderful...she has a great pitch and voice :thumbsup:

Her best to me would be Mungaru male, Munbe vaa, jab we met and Milana :)

selvakumar
12th July 2008, 07:30 PM
Shreya - there is lot of malice in the industry (http://www.orkut.com/CommMsgs.aspx?cmm=1232211&tid=5221934007190126479)

[
she said the same thing in anondolok(a bengali magazine)....she said if u dont have perseverance and patience then u r not here to stay....she said"you have to withstand many things,people are malicious .they will try to bring you down......also their friends who are in the media.......but she also added that there are good people too who respect talent and hardwork......and she's blessed to have worked with them......

:roll:

ajithfederer
15th July 2008, 11:57 PM
Akila uzhaga shreya goshal sanga thalaivar selva kumar vaazgha :noteeth:

selvakumar
3rd August 2008, 12:59 PM
Shreya siging Munbae Vaa (http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=S4d6BkUENbo&feature=related) :)

selvakumar
3rd August 2008, 01:07 PM
Bengali - Can't help it :lol: (http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=iueLKeXPtYY&feature=related)

selvakumar
3rd August 2008, 01:20 PM
13 Year old Shreya Ghoshal ?? :shock:

shreya ghoshal, golden moments (http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=MJk_G8_3Iig&feature=related)

She was just 13 year old in this video in 1999..now she is 22....she was just 15 when she recorded her first playback song 'bariyree piya' for film Devdas

selvakumar
3rd August 2008, 04:02 PM
[tscii:8b96e18eb4]The complete transcript of CNN-IBN 'To Catch A Star' on Shreya Ghoshal

To Catch A Star: Shreya Ghoshal | Her songs
http://in.movies.yahoo.com/news-detail/18644/To-Catch-A-Star-Shreya-Ghoshal-Her-songs.html

CNN-IBN’s special show To Catch a Star featured one of the most talented and versatile singers of the day: Shreya Ghoshal.

Only in her twenties, a National Award winner, Shreya has sung soulful ballads in Devdas to hip-shaker songs in Om Shanti Om. She has managed to do so much and what is praiseworthy is that she has done it so soon. The musical talent of the country, Shreya Ghoshal gets chatty with Rajeev Masand.

Rajeev Masand: Congratulations. You have just won a Star Screen Award for a lovely song in Mani Ratnam’s Guru under the baton of AR Rahman. What is interesting is that it is a song that is filmed on Aishwarya Rai. It’s a full circle. You entered movies with songs in an Aishwarya Rai starrer Devdas. You were the voice for Aishwarya in Devdas and recently it was Guru. It is a full circle. Isn’t it?

Shreya Ghoshal: Yes truly. She is one actress with whom whatever I have sung has become popular. People associate my voice with her face. It is great. I feel very happy.

Rajeev Masand:: Barso Re with Rahman. What was the experience like? It was not the first time you were working with AR Rahman, but it was the first time you were working with him in Hindi.

Shreya Ghoshal: Sure. I have worked with him in Tamil and Telgu lot of times. Every time I would get a call from him that come to Chennai and sing, I would hope that it would be in Hindi and finally Guru happened and I am glad that it was such a great song and it was the best song of the year 2007. I am very happy.

Rajeev Masand: 2007 was really a good year. There was Guru, there was Om Shanti Om, Saawariya, Cheeni Kum with Ilaiya Raja and Jab We Met with Pritam. It was a mixed bag. What was your favourite song from what you did in 2007?

Shreya Ghoshal: It is very difficult to pick one. I am so glad that 2007 had songs from every genre and all the music directors stepped out and experimented with something else. They also experimented with different genres. I also got to do the same. I was really happy because I had a very nice Thumri in Khoya Khoya Chaand. I had a song, which was almost in lines of pop in Jab We Met. Cheeni Kum was a little close to my heart because it was Raja sir and he is really my favourite.

Rajeev Masand: You are not giving me your best. I’ll tell you my favourite song in 2007. It was from OSO. It’s a song called Dhoom Tana. I like this song because it has this energy to it. There is this sort of old fashioned filminess to it. Was it as much fun recording that song as it was for us to watch it and listen to it?

Shreya Ghoshal: There is every element of seventies in it. That is so difficult. More than me singing it was fun to watch the arrangements happening. Vishal Shekhar did a fantastic job, knowing that it was not exactly their kind of job. It had a typical Jeetendra and Sridevi type to it, especially the badminton scene. Everything in the song, including the cabaret was fun. It was indeed fun to record the song.

Rajeev Masand: You have sung a couple of songs with Sunidhi Chauhan. You are both leading playback singers of your time. Are you both friends or are you rivals?

Shreya Ghoshal: Friends of course. It is so unfair to have that feeling that contemporary singers have to be rivals. They are not. Of course we are not friends like we are hanging out but there is this professionalism. When we are in the studios, we chat and talk. I respect her as an artist and she does too.

Rajeev Masand: Most singers, including Lata Mangeshkar and Asha Bhonsle say they like to know which actor they are singing for. They like to modulate their voice to suit those actresses. In one of your interviews, you said, it is not so important for you to know who the actress is, because you are keen on knowing the character you are singing for than the actress really. Is that true?

Shreya Ghoshal: I do think so. So many times, there are new actresses and so many times I don’t know the way they talk. I think earlier the actors had a certain style, for example, Rajesh Khanna, who had his own style of acting. However, today actors are adapting to all kinds of roles and characters. They are not the actors so to say, they are becoming the character. So I need to know what I am playing because I also am an actor when I am singing.

Rajeev Masand: You have sung with so many of your seniors. Kavita Krishnamurthy, Sadhna Sargam, Udit Narayan and even Sonu Nigam. Have they always been welcoming? As you were this little girl who came in front of them and has really come up. Have they always been encouraging?

Shreya Ghoshal: Most of them have been encouraging, like Kavita ji was really sweet. I was in awe of her because I have heard her songs. I think she is this queen of expressions and I have learnt so much from her. I know Sadhna ji since my classes with Kalyaan ji and Anand ji. She was almost like my sister.

Rajeev Masand: One of the persons you had a lovely professional association with is Sonu Nigam. Sonu was of course the host of the talent show you were discovered in many years ago and now you sing with him professionally. What was it like, when you sung with him for the first time? What went through your mind singing with someone who saw you as a child?

Shreya Ghoshal: Yes. He has been an extra ordinary singer and he has seen me in those frock dresses. And he has seen me through my journey as a singer. I sing maximum songs with him. It has been a pleasure and also that he is one singer who keeps growing. He has this hunger for better songs and it is amazing to have such a co-singer.

The rapid fire round

Rajeev Masand: Name one song by another singer that you wish you had sung?

Shreya Ghoshal: Sorry, I did not think of this! Okay, there is this song called Kabhi Neem Neem. Madhushree has sung it so beautifully. I am just saying that I love that song, so I would have love to sung it.

Rajeev Masand: One song of your own that you cant bear to listen to?

Shreya Ghoshal: Dola Re Dola. I am so sorry. I have sung that song so many times and in all my shows I have to sing it so many times.

Rajeev Masand: It is not because you hated it, but because it is overdone.

Rajeev Masand: One international artist you would like to sing with?

Shreya Ghoshal: Oh I would love to collaborate with Norah Jones if possible. I love her music and the genre she has taken up.

Rajeev Masand: One actress you would like to lend your voice to?

Shreya Ghoshal: I would have loved to sing for Wahida Rehman for Guru Dutt films. She’s magical.

Rajeev Masand: Name one actress for whom your voice may not suit?

Shreya Ghoshal: My voice may not suit Rekha ji. She is very sexy.

Rajeev Masand: And you don’t think your voice is?

Shreya Ghoshal: I am just okay.

Rajeev Masand: One composer you would not want to be left alone in a music room with?

Shreya Ghoshal: You said there will be no controversial questions. On a lighter note, if I am left alone with Shantanu Moitra, it will be a problem for the industry because there will be no work done. We chat, we watch documentaries, we listen to music and we are so lazy to work. And we don’t do the song that was supposed to be done.

Rajeev Masand: Which film has better music, Saawariya or Om Shanti Om?

Shreya Ghoshal: Saawariya. That is one album I can listen to all my life.

Rajeev Masand: One composer or singer, you can never charge for singing?

Shreya Ghoshal: I think I have charged money from him. But if at all problem comes, then I will not charge any money from Raja sir. He’s the best.

Rajeev Masand: One song you turned down which became a big hit?

Shreya Ghoshal: No I don’t take risks of turning down songs, because I know they can be hits.

Rajeev Masand: So you pretty much sung whatever came to you?

Rajeev Masand: One song of yours, whose picturisation you were embarrassed by?

Shreya Ghoshal: I have done a lot of Bhojpuri songs. And sometimes its sort of embarassing. I don’t really remember the songs, but a couple of them are embarrassing. When it comes on Television, I am like…oh I did this and when? Okay is it me?

Rajeev Masand: Taking from where we left the rapid fire, about picturisation of your songs. You were really young when Jism came out. You sang most of the songs in them and we all know it was slightly an adult raunchy film. Were you allowed to see that film?

Shreya Ghoshal: I had already turned 18 by then... :lol:

Rajeev Masand: So you were allowed to watch it.

Shreya Ghoshal: I have my driving license... :lol:

Rajeev Masand: They were beautiful songs and were picturised beautifully.

Shreya Ghoshal: Yes true. Every scene was so sensuous but it was so elegant that it was not like…oh what am I watching? While doing the song I was quite confused as to how to emote a sexy song like this. I had done only Devdas by then and I was given the song and told to make it sensuous. I was imagining and taking help from Sridevi’s Kaante Nai Kat Tey but nothing really helped and I sung it simply. In fact Bipasha did a wonderful job in it.

Rajeev Masand: Very humble of you to say that.

Visuals of the song Jaadu Hai Nasha Hai play

Shreya Ghoshal: A little embarrassing.

Rajeev Masand: Let me end by asking you about a role model of yours. Lata Mangeshkar! You really grew up admiring her and listening to her songs as a young girl. She has returned those compliments and said that you are one of the finest young singers in the business today. What is your favourite Lata Mangeshkar song? And we would request you to sing that song.

Rajeev Masand:: Fair question?

Shreya Ghoshal:: It is an unfair question. How can I pick one song from an ocean of songs? But yes, very interestingly when I was leaving from home, my mother said if you are asked to sing, sing a Lata Mangeshkar song.

Shreya Ghoshal: (Sings: Jaane Kyon Log Mohabbat Kiya Kartey Hain)

Rajeev Masand: Perfect note to end on.[/tscii:8b96e18eb4]

dinesh2002
3rd August 2008, 05:54 PM
wow... she mentioned about Illayaraja and Madhushree..... awesome!!!! :D

and her Fav MD. Is Illayaraja..... :)... thats really awesome!!!

selvakumar
3rd August 2008, 08:04 PM

Ya.. do you have any link to the MadhuShree song she was referring to ?

dinesh2002
3rd August 2008, 08:10 PM

Ya.. do you have any link to the MadhuShree song she was referring to ?

its nothing but Sandhai Kozhi Kozhi - Aayitha Ezhuthu in Hindi pa.... :)

here it is :

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/p/x/zBImpodrOt.As1NMvHdW/

selvakumar
3rd August 2008, 08:36 PM
Thanks Dinesh :D That is indeed a good song. hmm... May be - she was quite eager to sing under rahmaan at that time and hence this thought ?

Mahen
3rd August 2008, 08:49 PM
What happened to shreya??she has not been singing often lately, in tamil...She used to be a must in IR's albums but the last 3 albums of IR, shreya's name was missing..To console myself, i will be listening to marudhaani with sherya's voice set in my mind and ears... :D

dinesh2002
3rd August 2008, 08:51 PM
Thanks Dinesh :D That is indeed a good song. hmm... May be - she was quite eager to sing under rahmaan at that time and hence this thought ?

Selva... Shreya G. already sang for Rahman by that time... :P.... Azhagina Azhagi - Ennaku 20 Unnake 18 [2003]....

But yea, she seems more happy to sing for Rahman in Hindi.... :P:P

But i must say, i really liked her numbers in Cheeni Kum better than her Barso Re.... overall Guru songs never gave me a long lasting feel like other Rahman's album.... was excited for few months, but later never thought of listenin to them....

i feel Shreya should win award for Cheeni Kum... esp that Mandram Vantha - Mounam Raagam song in Hindi.... that was splendid!!! :D

dinesh2002
3rd August 2008, 08:52 PM
What happened to shreya??she has not been singing often lately, in tamil...She used to be a must in IR's albums but the last 3 albums of IR, shreya's name was missing..To console myself, i will be listening to marudhaani with sherya's voice set in my mind and ears... :D

How dare u.... :twisted: :twisted:

:lol:

selvakumar
3rd August 2008, 08:57 PM

But i must say, i really liked her numbers in Cheeni Kum better than her Barso Re.... overall Guru songs never gave me a long lasting feel like other Rahman's album.... was excited for few months, but later never thought of listenin to them....

i feel Shreya should win award for Cheeni Kum... esp that Mandram Vantha - Mounam Raagam song in Hindi.... that was splendid!!! :D

Dinesh,
I was also referring to Hindi there. In the interview itself, she says she was eager to sing in Hindi. I am quite surprised to hear that you don't like Barso Re or guru songs :o hmm... I think Barso Re was tough to sing. I like chaaral in kuselan (though I mightn ot like the video :lol: )

Yup ! cheenikum had shreya goshal stamp on it. :P she must have win it. However, it all depends on hindi audience and award committies. why should we care on that ?

dinesh2002
4th August 2008, 06:08 AM

Dinesh,
I was also referring to Hindi there. In the interview itself, she says she was eager to sing in Hindi. I am quite surprised to hear that you don't like Barso Re or guru songs :o hmm... I think Barso Re was tough to sing. I like chaaral in kuselan (though I mightn ot like the video :lol: )

Yup ! cheenikum had shreya goshal stamp on it. :P she must have win it. However, it all depends on hindi audience and award committies. why should we care on that ?

I liked Guru songs, but it doesnt tempt me to listen to it, u know like when i see the folder in my mp3 database, it doesnt excite me.... im not sure why.... :?

Selva, if ur a music lover, there will be a drop of concern on the artist u like.... that u will think " they should have gotten an award for this, excellent number!"... :) ....

btw, was Munbe Va - Sillunu Oru Kadhal was her 1st award in Tamil?????

Thalafanz
4th August 2008, 06:18 AM

How dare u.... :twisted: :twisted:

:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mahen
24th August 2008, 01:00 PM
:omg:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-f6D42LQYM&feature=related

selvakumar
4th September 2008, 07:26 PM
Listening to "Male Ninthu Hodha Mele" song, sung by none other than Shreya. Though the song resembles mungaaru male song, Shreya's mesmerizing voice makes it special. :D I have started liking this song more than "Anisuthae". :D

You can listen to the song in musicindia or kannadaaudio.com.
I am curious to see the video now. :lol:

It is from "Milana"

Ramakrishna
27th September 2008, 01:32 PM
[tscii:8f81fb9e2d]Shreya : Casual Talking @ Sydney
Talking after her awesome Sydney Concert to the Indian Link Radio Station Director Rajesh Thakur, Shreya, who hit the big time after winning a television talent quest, revealed how impressed she was with the venue specially chosen for her.“What a prestigious venue. Every performer dreams of grand venues, so to be actually singing in one is fantastic. I have already performed at Royal Albert Hall in London and now to perform at your Opera House, which is one of the best auditoriums in the world, is a dream come true. It’ll remain memorable”. And what did she think of her own performance?“I must admit I felt a bit confused at all the requests coming in, in all the regional languages!” she laughed. “But personally I thought Dholna and Ami tumhar went off very well”.Her sing-song style of speaking, switching effortlessly between Hindi and English, revealed her grounded, girl-next-door persona.“I don’t really do anything special for my voice. I am a big foodie; I love to eat, I love to talk and I do everything that one would suggest a singer should not do! I want to live my life to the fullest and I want to be happy and will do anything to keep myself happy. I am loving this city and its people – don’t you think it’s important to feel happy to perform well?”But of course she’s a thorough professional.“My normal day starts at around 9.30am and finishes around 11.00pm – I’m basically singing the whole day! On days I’m not working I invest some time in riyaaz (practice)”.Talking of current trends in Bollywood playback Shreya noted that the times-they-are-a-changing! There’s a lot less copying of the west and more of looking inwards at our own traditions.“Since last year, we’re seeing more attempts to blend in Indian melody with classical, folk and sufi music in contemporary arrangements. Such as in Om Shanti Om, for instance. You’ll get to see, in the forthcoming movies, a lot of contribution of classical singers”.Her favourite music director?“I’ll have to say AR Rehman. He is very special; he makes you very comfortable and gives you the freedom to sing the song your way. He guides you very well. Ilaya Raja is another favourite of mine from the south - I have learnt a lot from him in music industry”.But, as expected, she went all politically correct when asked to pick her favourite male singer. “I love to work with all of them, really, Shaan, Kunal, Sonu … We all have a great time singing together”.What does she think about remakes?“I personally don’t like the concept of remake and remix. I feel it takes away from the original. Having said that, though, one has to agree to do remixes at times, to fulfil the demand of the movie. Like when I did Thoda sa thehro for Victoria 2”.And what can we expect from Shreya in coming months?“I’ve got a great little number coming up in Delhi 6, starring Abhishek Bachchan and Sonam Kapoor. It’s by AR Rahman. Oh, there’s another one from Rab ne bana di jodi that I’m loving …”They’ll be worth waiting for, we’re sure.

http://weloveshreyaghoshal.blogspot.com/[/tscii:8f81fb9e2d]

Mahen
27th September 2008, 05:23 PM
Listening to "Male Ninthu Hodha Mele" song, sung by none other than Shreya. Though the song resembles mungaaru male song, Shreya's mesmerizing voice makes it special. :D I have started liking this song more than "Anisuthae". :D

You can listen to the song in musicindia or kannadaaudio.com.
I am curious to see the video now. :lol:

It is from "Milana"

Looks like 2008 has not been a very good year for shreya in kollywood...Not many songs from her and the ones that she sang ellam summar than...No super hit numbers... :(

Mahen
27th September 2008, 05:25 PM
[tscii:f0d0b71911]Shreya : Casual Talking @ Sydney
Talking after her awesome Sydney Concert to the Indian Link Radio Station Director Rajesh Thakur, Shreya, who hit the big time after winning a television talent quest, revealed how impressed she was with the venue specially chosen for her.“What a prestigious venue. Every performer dreams of grand venues, so to be actually singing in one is fantastic. I have already performed at Royal Albert Hall in London and now to perform at your Opera House, which is one of the best auditoriums in the world, is a dream come true. It’ll remain memorable”. And what did she think of her own performance?“I must admit I felt a bit confused at all the requests coming in, in all the regional languages!” she laughed. “But personally I thought Dholna and Ami tumhar went off very well”.Her sing-song style of speaking, switching effortlessly between Hindi and English, revealed her grounded, girl-next-door persona.“I don’t really do anything special for my voice. I am a big foodie; I love to eat, I love to talk and I do everything that one would suggest a singer should not do! I want to live my life to the fullest and I want to be happy and will do anything to keep myself happy. I am loving this city and its people – don’t you think it’s important to feel happy to perform well?”But of course she’s a thorough professional.“My normal day starts at around 9.30am and finishes around 11.00pm – I’m basically singing the whole day! On days I’m not working I invest some time in riyaaz (practice)”.Talking of current trends in Bollywood playback Shreya noted that the times-they-are-a-changing! There’s a lot less copying of the west and more of looking inwards at our own traditions.“Since last year, we’re seeing more attempts to blend in Indian melody with classical, folk and sufi music in contemporary arrangements. Such as in Om Shanti Om, for instance. You’ll get to see, in the forthcoming movies, a lot of contribution of classical singers”.Her favourite music director?“I’ll have to say AR Rehman. He is very special; he makes you very comfortable and gives you the freedom to sing the song your way. He guides you very well. Ilaya Raja is another favourite of mine from the south - I have learnt a lot from him in music industry”.But, as expected, she went all politically correct when asked to pick her favourite male singer. “I love to work with all of them, really, Shaan, Kunal, Sonu … We all have a great time singing together”.What does she think about remakes?“I personally don’t like the concept of remake and remix. I feel it takes away from the original. Having said that, though, one has to agree to do remixes at times, to fulfil the demand of the movie. Like when I did Thoda sa thehro for Victoria 2”.And what can we expect from Shreya in coming months?“I’ve got a great little number coming up in Delhi 6, starring Abhishek Bachchan and Sonam Kapoor. It’s by AR Rahman. Oh, there’s another one from Rab ne bana di jodi that I’m loving …”They’ll be worth waiting for, we’re sure.

http://weloveshreyaghoshal.blogspot.com/[/tscii:f0d0b71911]

Wow, both from kollywood....:thumbsup:

vasanth2006
27th September 2008, 07:50 PM
[tscii:d263f4f294]Shreya : Casual Talking @ Sydney

http://weloveshreyaghoshal.blogspot.com/[/tscii:d263f4f294]

Wow, both from kollywood....:thumbsup:

In Musical field, TFM is superior IMO.....

selvakumar
27th September 2008, 08:20 PM
Looks like 2008 has not been a very good year for shreya in kollywood...Not many songs from her and the ones that she sang ellam summar than...No super hit numbers... :(
2008 la kuruvi paatu thaan nyabagam. vera ethavathu irukka paa :roll:

viraajan
27th September 2008, 08:35 PM
A duet with ilayaraja in Ajantha :bow:

unparalled voice :bow:

Mahen
27th September 2008, 11:14 PM
2008 la kuruvi paatu thaan nyabagam. vera ethavathu irukka paa :roll:

Theres lot but ellam average numbers....
-naan aval adhu
-poi solla porom
-kanna
-ajantha
-kuselan
-vellithirai
- pirivom santhipom

Im pissed with harris because sherya has had only 1 song with him.. :D Instead of repeating bombay jaysree all the time, why cant he give shreya more songs?

bingleguy
28th September 2008, 03:11 AM
Kuselan has been a lovely one for her this year i would say ..... as such though cinematography takes the priority on the chaaral song .... the next best thing was not Nayan ;-) but Shreya's voice - i would day !!!!

indha paatukkaaga padam paathavanga ellam irukaanga sir ;-)

Nerd
5th July 2011, 11:28 PM
Revive, bump etc.

Congrats to filmfare on having the honor of ShreyaG accepting couple more awards :clap:

PARAMASHIVAN
6th July 2011, 04:13 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_nAYtuSFlznY/TFrDzh9f-uI/AAAAAAAAAGU/eg8YoKXsIt4/s400/sh.jpg

Awards, nominations and recognitionsNational Film Awards
2003: National Film Award for Best Female Playback Singer - "Bairi Piya" (Devdas; Hindi)
2006: National Film Award for Best Female Playback Singer - "Dheere Jalna" (Paheli; Hindi)
2008: National Film Award for Best Female Playback Singer - "Yeh Ishq Hai" (Jab We Met; Hindi)
2009: National Film Award for Best Female Playback Singer - "Jeev Dangala" (Jogwa; Marathi) & "Pherari Mon" (Antaheen; Bengali)
Filmfare Awards
Won
2003: Filmfare RD Burman Award for New Music Talent
2003: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award (shared with Kavita Krishnamurthy) - "Dola Re" (Devdas)
2004: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award - "Jaadu Hai Nasha Hai" (Jism)
2008: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award - "Barso Re" (Guru)
2009: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award - "Teri Ore" (Singh Is Kinng)
Nominated
2003: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award - "Bairi Piya" (Devdas)
2006: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award - "Agar Tum Mil Jao" (Zeher)
2006: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award - "Piyu Bole" (Parineeta)
2007: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award - "Pal Pal Har Pal" (Lage Raho Munnabhai)
2008: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award - "Yeh Ishq Hai" (Jab We Met)
2010: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award - "Zoobi Doobi" (3 Idiots)
2011: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award - "Bahara" (I Hate Luv Storys)
2011: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award - "Noor-e-Khuda" (My Name Is Khan)
Filmfare Awards South
Won
2006: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award (Tamil) - "Munbe Vaa" (Sillunu Oru Kaadhal)
2008: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award (Kannada) - "Ninna Nodalenthu" (Mussanjemaatu)
2010: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award (Malayalam) - "Kizhakku Pookkum"(Anwar)[9]
2010: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award (Tamil) - "Un Perai Sollum" (Angadi Theru)[10]
Nominated
2008: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award (Kannada) - "Aakasha Bhoomi" (Mussanjemaatu)[11]
2008: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award (Kannada) - "Moggina Manasali" (Moggina Manasu)[11]
2008: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award (Tamil) - "Then Then" (Kuruvi)[11]
2008: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award (Telugu) - "Merupulaa" (Chintakayala Ravi)[11]
2009: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award (Tamil) - "Oru Vetkam" (Pasanga)[12]
2009: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award (Kannada) - "Hoovina Banadhande"(Birugali)
2009: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award (Kannada) - "Yenu Helabeku" (MaLeyali Jotheyali)
2009: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award (Malayalam) - "Chandhu Thottille" (Banaras)
2010: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award (Kannada) - "Eradu Jedeyannu"(Jackie)[13]
2010: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award (Kannada) - "Yello Jinugiruva"(Just Math Mathalli)[13]
2010: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award (Malayalam) - "Manju Mazha Kaattil"(Aagathan)[13]
2011: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award (Tamil)- "Un Perai Sollum" (Angadi Theru)
2011: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award (Malyalam) -"Kizhakku Pookum" (Anwar)
IIFA Awards
Won
2003: IIFA Best Female Playback Award (shared with Kavita Krishnamurthy) - "Dola Re" (Devdas)
2004: IIFA Best Female Playback Award - "Jadu Hai Nasha Hai" (Jism)
2008: IIFA Best Female Playback Award - "Barso Re" (Guru)
2009: IIFA Best Female Playback Award - "Teri Ore" (Singh Is Kinng)
Nominated[14]
2006: IIFA Best Female Playback Award - "Piyu Bole" (Parineeta)
2007: IIFA Best Female Playback Award - "Pal Pal Har Pal" (Lage Raho Munnabhai)
2008: IIFA Best Female Playback Award - "Yeh Ishq Hai" (Jab We Met)
2008: IIFA Best Female Playback Award - "Thode Badmash" (Saawariya)
2008: IIFA Best Female Playback Award - "Mere Dholna" (Bhool Bhulaiyaa)
2010: IIFA Best Female Playback Award - "Zoobi Doobi" (3 Idiots)
2011: IIFA Best Female Playback Award - "Bahara" (I Hate Luv Storys)
Zee Cine Awards
Won
2003: Zee Cine Award Best Female Playback Singer (shared with Kavita Krishnamurthy) - "Dola Re" (Devdas)
2006: Zee Cine Award for Best FemalePlayback Singer - "Piyu Bole" (Parineeta)
2008: Zee Cine Award Best Female Playback Singer - "Barso Re" (Guru)
Nominated[14]
2007: Zee Cine Award Best Female Playback Singer - "So Jaoon Main" (Woh Lamhe)
Star Screen Awards
Won
2004: Star Screen Award Best Female Playback - "Jadoo Hai Nasha Hai" (Jism)
2006: Star Screen Award Best Female Playback - "Piyu Bole" (Parineeta)
2008: Star Screen Award Best Female Playback - "Barso Re" (Guru)
2011: Star Screen Award Best Female Playback - "Bahara" (I Hate Luv Storys)[15]
Nominated[14]
2007: Star Screen Award Best Female Playback - "O Saathi Re" (Omkara)
2008: Star Screen Award Best Female Playback - "Yeh Ishq Hai" (Jab We Met)
2009: Star Screen Award Best Female Playback - "Teri Ore" (Singh Is Kinng)
2010: Star Screen Award Best Female Playback - "Zoobi Doobi" (3 Idiots)
State Film Awards
2006: Tamil Nadu State Film Award for Best Female Playback - "Munbe Vaa" (Sillunu Oru Kaadhal)
2009: Kerala State Film Award for Best Singer - "Chandhu Thottille" (Banaras)
Apsara Awards
Won
2008: Apsara Award for Best Female Playback Singer - "Barso Re" (Guru)[16]
2009: Apsara Award for Best Female Playback Singer - "Teri Ore" (Singh is Kinng)[14]
2010: Apsara Award for Best Female Playback Singer - "Tujh Mein Rab Dikhta Hai" (Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi)[17]
Nominated[14]
2005: Apsara Award for Best Female Playback Singer - "Piyu Bole" (Parineeta)
2008: Apsara Award for Best Female Playback Singer - "Yeh Ishq Hai" (Jab We Met)
2009: Apsara Award for Best Female Playback Singer - "Aahista Aahista" (Bachna Ae Haseeno)
2010: Apsara Award for Best Female Playback Singer - "Aaj Dil" (Blue)
2011: Apsara Award for Best Female Playback Singer - "Bahara" (I Hate Luv Storys)
Other Awards
2003: Stardust Award - New Musical Sensation (Female) - (Devdas)[18]
2006: Bengal Film Journalists' Association – Best Female Playback Award - Shubho Drishti
2008: GPBA - German Public Bollywood Award Best Singer (Female) - "Yeh Ishq Haaye" (Jab We Met)[19]
2008: Zee Astitva Award for Excellence In Music
2010: Gulf Malayalam Music Award for Best Female Playback Singer - "Anuragavilochananayi" (Neelathamara)
2011: Asianet Film Award for Best Female Playback Singer for "Manjumazha" (Aagathan) [20]
2011: Kerala Film Critics Award for Best Female Playback Singer for "Manjumazha" (Aagathan) [21]
Special Recognition - 26th June 2010 is Shreya Ghoshal Day in Ohio, a rare proclamation by the governor of the US state of Ohio in recognition of Shreya Ghoshal's musical contributions.

Plum
6th July 2011, 04:22 PM
Has any other singer straddled so many languages industries as royally ever? She is royalty in every industry she works in (which straddles all southie and bollywood and bengali and marathi). (We cant say that of SPB and KJY in Hindi, although they ruled the 4 southern industries - even there KJY in Telugu and SPB in Malayalam had to play second fiddle)

SoftSword
6th July 2011, 04:43 PM
sari.. adhukku enna pannalaam?

PARAMASHIVAN
6th July 2011, 05:35 PM
Has any other singer straddled so many languages industries as royally ever? She is royalty in every industry she works in (which straddles all southie and bollywood and Bengali and Marathi).

Different Generations can not be compared, SPB + KJY never enjoyed a "Technology" feat as the new generation, for example , SPB and KJY had to be physically present in a recording studio, to record a song and one can imagine, how hard it would have been for them to be in different parts of India to record songs! These days, you can record a song through your PC and send it via email to the composer to finish off the tune, this trend was invented by none other than ARR :)

(We can’t say that of SPB and KJY in Hindi, although they ruled the 4 southern industries - even there KJY in Telugu and SPB in Malayalam had to play second fiddle)

Very true! BTW Like Ghantasala was the King in Telugu before SPB who was the predecessor to KJY in Malayalam??

Nerd
6th July 2011, 06:04 PM
Paramu, wrong on multiple counts.
1. Singers HAVE to be present. Just that they can record portions of songs on one take unlike the 80s.
2. Technology, yes. Why don't they prefer say a Harini or a Sunidhi Chauhan? Shreya Ghoshal-E venumnnu yEn kekkuraanga? And we have so many singers these days...
-----------

Recent favorite: Thedi vandha dhevadhaiya - Ponnar Shankar. The difference between her and the average sounding Kunal G is unbelievable. :bow:

PARAMASHIVAN
6th July 2011, 06:22 PM
Paramu, wrong on multiple counts.
1. Singers HAVE to be present. Just that they can record portions of songs on one take unlike the 80s.

I heard / Read some where that, While ARR was in London, he requested SPB to record a song from his PC and email the song to him, he then completed the BGM for the tune. If I remember correctly it was for either "Puthiya manitha" or "balle lakka balle laka" .

2. Technology, yes. Why don't they prefer say a Harini or a Sunidhi Chauhan? Shreya Ghoshal-E venumnnu yEn kekkuraanga? And we have so many singers these days...

You have misunderstood me, I was not doubting her talents (In fact I am a fan of her for her voice and looks :lol2: ) , I was just answering Plum's Question :)

Mahen
20th July 2011, 06:05 PM
The way she ends manipayya :bow: truly a deiva kuzhantai :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD2pWGKLK4Q&feature=related

HonestRaj
21st July 2011, 10:10 PM
latest listening.. "saathiya" from Singham...
shreya :bow: .. suveet voice

Nerd
27th July 2011, 06:40 PM
The way she ends manipayya :bow: truly a deiva kuzhantai :)

Just saw this yesterday. Does not start well but gets into the song very quickly. And yeah the ending was superb. Idiot Kobi (is there a way to shift/delete him from TV shows?) in front of so many audiences and TV viewers said this - "Shreya was introduced in Tamil by Ilaiyaraaja in Virumaandi". WTF dude :banghead:

Mahen
27th July 2011, 07:00 PM
Just saw this yesterday. Does not start well but gets into the song very quickly. And yeah the ending was superb. Idiot Kobi (is there a way to shift/delete him from TV shows?) in front of so many audiences and TV viewers said this - "Shreya was introduced in Tamil by Ilaiyaraaja in Virumaandi". WTF dude :banghead:

Same peelings Nerd..He is soo annoying..remba pesuran

SoftSword
27th July 2011, 07:03 PM
naanum nambitenae...

Nerd
27th July 2011, 10:35 PM
naanum nambitenae...
ungaLa maadhiri aaLungaLai ellaam ippadi solli yemaathina Kobiya enna seyyalaam? :twisted:

SoftSword
28th July 2011, 03:42 PM
sari avanga first song edhu?

Plum
28th July 2011, 04:54 PM
Iirc, chellamai chellam from Album

Nerd
28th July 2011, 05:56 PM
Yes. First with IR is Gundumalli from Solla maRantha kadhai. Have to say, KR used her better than IR w.r.to their first songs with her.

SoftSword
28th July 2011, 06:06 PM
album came first?
so thats her first tamil?
and what is her first ever movie song?
wat was she doin before that?

Nerd
28th July 2011, 06:10 PM
Yes
Yes
Devdas (3-4 songs in the film)
Skoolukku poyittu irundhuchu.. She was 15 or so when Devdas happened.

SoftSword
28th July 2011, 06:59 PM
oh great... 15 vayasu debu...
actuala andha vayasula en voice kooda nallaa dhaan irundhadhu....

HonestRaj
29th July 2011, 02:26 AM
beauty at its best
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6onW2WoMU4M

HonestRaj
29th July 2011, 02:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtyX0d5LyQ4&feature=relmfu

Nerd
30th July 2011, 09:54 PM
What a lovely intree. Thanks Honest. Paravasam. Bakthipparavasam :bow:

San_K
30th July 2011, 10:01 PM
I remember an interview from SG in which she said, even before Devdas KR used her (for some unreleased movie I think)

HonestRaj
2nd August 2011, 11:42 PM
at present, who is the closest competitor for her?

is it Sunidhi Chauhan? or someone else?

Plum
3rd August 2011, 12:11 PM
There's no competition, Honest :).
She is like Bradman+Tendulkar+Lara+Laxman+Mark Waugh+Dravid+Gavaskar - ellAm avanga dhAn.

Sunidhi - asa boosa mAdhiri avangaLukku oru range limitation irukku; avanga range-la she is the queen but Shreya is not far behind as she has taken sensuous numbers and aced them, too. Ofcourse, pure item numbers-la, Shreya isnt the first name that comes to mind but who cares about those?

Sipla Rao, Rekha Bhardwaj etc - niche players; I cant remember Shreya doing much of their niche but then I havent been listening to much HFM in last two years.

ChinnammAyi, Mahathi, Manjari etc - no way near the Queen of Indian Film Music.

PARAMASHIVAN
3rd August 2011, 03:18 PM
Flau

Do you always have to compare every one with Cricketers ? :lol:

ajaybaskar
3rd August 2011, 04:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_R_XMYynpo&feature=player_embedded

Sunil_M88
3rd August 2011, 05:13 PM
There's no competition, Honest :).
She is like Bradman+Tendulkar+Lara+Laxman+Mark Waugh+Dravid+Gavaskar - ellAm avanga dhAn.

Sunidhi - asa boosa mAdhiri avangaLukku oru range limitation irukku; avanga range-la she is the queen but Shreya is not far behind as she has taken sensuous numbers and aced them, too. Ofcourse, pure item numbers-la, Shreya isnt the first name that comes to mind but who cares about those?

+1 about sunidhi's control over item numbers however how is her diction in Tamil.

Shreya, is certainly not behind but in certain respects is miles ahead of her contemporaries as she brings the right emotion in nearly every language she sings (wiki states 8 languages ) in that respect Shreya is the reigning Queen in India

Pakistani film song in Punjabi - Mein jeena tere naal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2wJfZTEFpQ

Payar Kinu Kehnde Ne - Jag Jeondeyan De Mele - Harbhajan Mann ft. Shreya Ghoshal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWQEau6Q3yk

Emotional and simple songs linger for longer or even a lifetime :clap: Shreya mam, love you

SoftSword
3rd August 2011, 05:23 PM
Sir

He has been the Emperor (not King) for decades and still is the Emperor. SG is an excellent singer no doubt. she is the best in business, but you cant Declare her as the Queen yet, she has been around for only 11 odd years , give her some years!

The Queens of HFM , LM and AB (now, dont ask me who they were :lol2: ), and the TFM Queens for PS and SJ !

11 years or 110 years... the impact she has created with so much of competition is more important.
adhukkulla 4 NAs...
read below for more to see she is actually ruling.

Awards, nominations and recognitions

National Film Awards (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Film_Awards)

2003: National Film Award for Best Female Playback Singer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Film_Award_for_Best_Female_Playback_Singe r) - "Bairi Piya" (Devdas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devdas_(2002_film)) - Hindi)
2006: National Film Award for Best Female Playback Singer - "Dheere Jalna" (Paheli (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paheli) - Hindi)
2008: National Film Award for Best Female Playback Singer - "Yeh Ishq Hai" (Jab We Met (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jab_We_Met) - Hindi)
2009: National Film Award for Best Female Playback Singer - "Jeev Dangala" (Jogwa (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jogwa) - Marathi) & "Pherari Mon" (Antaheen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antaheen) - Bengali)
Filmfare Awards (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filmfare_Awards)Won

2003: Filmfare RD Burman Award for New Music Talent (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filmfare_RD_Burman_Award_for_New_Music_Talent)
2003: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filmfare_Best_Female_Playback_Award) (shared with Kavita Krishnamurthy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kavita_Krishnamurthy)) - "Dola Re" (Devdas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devdas_(2002_film)))
2004: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award - "Jaadu Hai Nasha Hai" (Jism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jism_(film)))
2008: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award - "Barso Re" (Guru (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guru_(2007_film)))
2009: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award - "Teri Ore" (Singh Is Kinng (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singh_Is_Kinng))
Nominated

2003: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filmfare_Best_Female_Playback_Award) - "Bairi Piya" (Devdas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devdas_(2002_film)))
2006: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award - "Agar Tum Mil Jao" (Zeher (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeher))
2006: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award - "Piyu Bole (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piyu_Bole)" (Parineeta (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parineeta_(2005_film)))
2007: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award - "Pal Pal Har Pal" (Lage Raho Munnabhai (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lage_Raho_Munnabhai))
2008: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award - "Yeh Ishq Hai" (Jab We Met (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jab_We_Met))
2010: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award - "Zoobi Doobi" (3 Idiots (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3_Idiots))
2011: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award - "Bahara" (I Hate Luv Storys (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Hate_Luv_Storys))
2011: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award - "Noor-e-Khuda" (My Name Is Khan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Name_Is_Khan))
Filmfare Awards South (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filmfare_Awards_South)Won

2006: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award (Tamil) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filmfare_Best_Female_Playback_Award_(Tamil)) - "Munbe Vaa" (Sillunu Oru Kaadhal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sillunu_Oru_Kaadhal))
2008: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award (Kannada) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filmfare_Award_for_Best_Female_Playback_Singer_-_Kannada) - "Ninna Nodalenthu" (Mussanjemaatu (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mussanjemaatu))
2010: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award (Malayalam) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filmfare_Award_for_Best_Female_Playback_Award_(Mal ayalam)) - "Kizhakku Pookkum"(Anwar (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anwar_(2010_film)))[9] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shreya_Ghoshal#cite_note-teluguone.com-8)
2010: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award (Tamil) - "Un Perai Sollum" (Angadi Theru (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angadi_Theru))[9] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shreya_Ghoshal#cite_note-teluguone.com-8)
Nominated

2008: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award (Kannada) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filmfare_Award_for_Best_Female_Playback_Singer_-_Kannada) - "Aakasha Bhoomi" (Mussanjemaatu (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mussanjemaatu))[10] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shreya_Ghoshal#cite_note-2008southnom-9)
2008: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award (Kannada) - "Moggina Manasali" (Moggina Manasu (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moggina_Manasu))[10] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shreya_Ghoshal#cite_note-2008southnom-9)
2008: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award (Tamil) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filmfare_Best_Female_Playback_Award_(Tamil)) - "Then Then" (Kuruvi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuruvi))[10] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shreya_Ghoshal#cite_note-2008southnom-9)
2008: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award (Telugu) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filmfare_Best_Female_Playback_Award_(Telugu)) - "Merupulaa" (Chintakayala Ravi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chintakayala_Ravi))[10] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shreya_Ghoshal#cite_note-2008southnom-9)
2009: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award (Tamil) - "Oru Vetkam" (Pasanga (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pasanga))[11] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shreya_Ghoshal#cite_note-10)
2009: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award (Kannada) - "Hoovina Banadhande"(Birugali (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Birugali&action=edit&redlink=1))
2009: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award (Kannada) - "Yenu Helabeku" (MaLeyali Jotheyali (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MaLeyali_Jotheyali))
2009: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award (Malayalam) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filmfare_Award_for_Best_Female_Playback_Award_(Mal ayalam)) - "Chandhu Thottille" (Banaras (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banaras_(2009_film)))
2010: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award (Kannada) - "Eradu Jedeyannu"(Jackie (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackie_(2010_film)))[12] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shreya_Ghoshal#cite_note-58th_nominees-11)
2010: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award (Kannada) - "Yello Jinugiruva"(Just Math Mathalli (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just_Math_Mathalli))[12] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shreya_Ghoshal#cite_note-58th_nominees-11)
2010: Filmfare Best Female Playback Award (Malayalam) - "Manju Mazha Kaattil"(Aagathan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aagathan))[12] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shreya_Ghoshal#cite_note-58th_nominees-11)
IIFA Awards (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IIFA_Awards)
Won

2003: IIFA Best Female Playback Award (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IIFA_Best_Female_Playback_Award) (shared with Kavita Krishnamurthy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kavita_Krishnamurthy)) - "Dola Re" (Devdas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devdas_(2002_film)))
2004: IIFA Best Female Playback Award - "Jadu Hai Nasha Hai" (Jism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jism_(film)))
2008: IIFA Best Female Playback Award - "Barso Re" (Guru (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guru_(2007_film)))
2009: IIFA Best Female Playback Award - "Teri Ore" (Singh Is Kinng (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singh_Is_Kinng))

SoftSword
3rd August 2011, 05:24 PM
Nominated[13] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shreya_Ghoshal#cite_note-awardsbh-12)

2006: IIFA Best Female Playback Award (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IIFA_Best_Female_Playback_Award) - "Piyu Bole (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piyu_Bole)" (Parineeta (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parineeta_(2005_film)))
2007: IIFA Best Female Playback Award - "Pal Pal Har Pal" (Lage Raho Munnabhai (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lage_Raho_Munnabhai))
2008: IIFA Best Female Playback Award - "Yeh Ishq Hai" (Jab We Met (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jab_We_Met))
2008: IIFA Best Female Playback Award - "Thode Badmash" (Saawariya (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saawariya))
2008: IIFA Best Female Playback Award - "Mere Dholna" (Bhool Bhulaiyaa (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhool_Bhulaiyaa))
2010: IIFA Best Female Playback Award - "Zoobi Doobi" (3 Idiots (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3_Idiots))
2011: IIFA Best Female Playback Award - "Bahara" (I Hate Luv Storys (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Hate_Luv_Storys))
Zee Cine Awards (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zee_Cine_Awards)Won

2003: Zee Cine Award Best Female Playback Singer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zee_Cine_Award_for_Best_Playback_Singer_-_Female) (shared with Kavita Krishnamurthy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kavita_Krishnamurthy)) - "Dola Re" (Devdas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devdas_(2002_film)))
2006: Zee Cine Award for Best FemalePlayback Singer - "Piyu Bole (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piyu_Bole)" (Parineeta (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parineeta_(2005_film)))
2008: Zee Cine Award Best Female Playback Singer - "Barso Re" (Guru (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guru_(2007_film)))
Nominated[13] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shreya_Ghoshal#cite_note-awardsbh-12)

2007: Zee Cine Award Best Female Playback Singer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zee_Cine_Award_for_Best_Playback_Singer_-_Female) - "So Jaoon Main" (Woh Lamhe (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woh_Lamhe))
Star Screen Awards (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Screen_Awards)Won

2004: Star Screen Award Best Female Playback (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Screen_Award_Best_Female_Playback) - "Jadoo Hai Nasha Hai" (Jism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jism_(film)))
2006: Star Screen Award Best Female Playback - "Piyu Bole (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piyu_Bole)" (Parineeta (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parineeta_(2005_film)))
2008: Star Screen Award Best Female Playback - "Barso Re" (Guru (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guru_(2007_film)))
2011: Star Screen Award Best Female Playback - "Bahara" (I Hate Luv Storys (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Hate_Luv_Storys))[14] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shreya_Ghoshal#cite_note-13)

2007: Star Screen Award Best Female Playback (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Screen_Award_Best_Female_Playback) - "O Saathi Re" (Omkara (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omkara_(film)))
2008: Star Screen Award Best Female Playback - "Yeh Ishq Hai" (Jab We Met (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jab_We_Met))
2009: Star Screen Award Best Female Playback - "Teri Ore" (Singh Is Kinng (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singh_Is_Kinng))
2010: Star Screen Award Best Female Playback - "Zoobi Doobi" (3 Idiots (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3_Idiots))
2011: Star Screen Award Best Female Playback - "Noor E Khuda" (My Name Is Khan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Name_Is_Khan))
State Film Awards

2006: Tamil Nadu State Film Award for Best Female Playback (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamil_Nadu_State_Film_Award_for_Best_Female_Playba ck) - "Munbe Vaa" (Sillunu Oru Kaadhal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sillunu_Oru_Kaadhal))
2009: Kerala State Film Award for Best Singer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerala_State_Film_Award_for_Best_Singer) - "Chandhu Thottille" (Banaras (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banaras_(2009_film)))
Apsara AwardsWon

2008: Apsara Award for Best Female Playback Singer - "Barso Re" (Guru (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guru_(2007_film)))[15] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shreya_Ghoshal#cite_note-14)
2009: Apsara Award for Best Female Playback Singer - "Teri Ore" (Singh is Kinng (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singh_is_Kinng))[13] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shreya_Ghoshal#cite_note-awardsbh-12)
2010: Apsara Award for Best Female Playback Singer - "Tujh Mein Rab Dikhta Hai" (Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rab_Ne_Bana_Di_Jodi))[16] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shreya_Ghoshal#cite_note-15)

2005: Apsara Award for Best Female Playback Singer - "Piyu Bole (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piyu_Bole)" (Parineeta (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parineeta_(2005_film)))
2008: Apsara Award for Best Female Playback Singer - "Yeh Ishq Hai" (Jab We Met (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jab_We_Met))
2009: Apsara Award for Best Female Playback Singer - "Aahista Aahista" (Bachna Ae Haseeno (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bachna_Ae_Haseeno))
2010: Apsara Award for Best Female Playback Singer - "Aaj Dil" (Blue (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_(2009_film)))
2011: Apsara Award for Best Female Playback Singer - "Bahara" (I Hate Luv Storys (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Hate_Luv_Storys))
Other Awards

2003: Stardust Award (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stardust_Awards) - New Musical Sensation (Female) - (Devdas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devdas_(2002_film)))[17] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shreya_Ghoshal#cite_note-16)
2006: Bengal Film Journalists' Association – Best Female Playback Award (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bengal_Film_Journalists%27_Association_%E2%80%93_B est_Female_Playback_Award) - Shubho Drishti
2008: Zee Astitva Award for Excellence In Music
2010: Gulf Malayalam Music Award for Best Female Playback Singer - "Anuragavilochananayi" (Neelathamara (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neelathamara_(2009_film)))
2011: Asianet Film Award for Best Female Playback Singer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asianet_Film_Awards#Best_Female_Playback_Singer) for "Manjumazha" (Aagathan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aagathan)) [18] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shreya_Ghoshal#cite_note-17)
2011: Kerala Film Critics Award for Best Female Playback Singer for "Manjumazha" (Aagathan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aagathan)) [19] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shreya_Ghoshal#cite_note-18)
2011: Vijay TV Awards for Best Female Playback Singer - "Mannippaya" (Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinnaithaandi_Varuvaayaa))[20] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shreya_Ghoshal#cite_note-19)[21] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shreya_Ghoshal#cite_note-20)
Other Nominated

2006: Global Indian Film Awards for Best Playback Singer (Female) = "O Saathi Re" (Omkara (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omkara))
2007: Global Indian Film Awards for Best Playback Singer (Female) = "Pal Pal Har Pal" (Lage Raho Munnabhai (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lage_Raho_Munnabhai))
2011: The Global Indian Film And Television Honors for Best Playback Singer Female - "Bahara" (I Hate Luv Storys (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Hate_Luv_Storys))

HonestRaj
3rd August 2011, 10:40 PM
okay PLum..

in the interview i posted, she was compared with Lata mangeskar...
will shreya surpass her.. or will it be like Bradman & Sachin.. 2 greats in 2 different era?

Plum
3rd August 2011, 11:04 PM
Actually, I don't think Lata is ahead of Suseela, Janaki or Chitra.
I don't want to compare Shreya to these people yet. Let destiny and time resolve that.
But she is already an all-time great in Indian Film Music - that much is sure.

AravindMano
4th August 2011, 05:27 AM
Joy Alukkas Ad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_R_XMYynpo&feature=related).

PARAMASHIVAN
5th August 2011, 10:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERd49MzkTWA&feature=player_detailpage

HonestRaj
7th August 2011, 11:14 PM
latest listening.. "saathiya" from Singham...
shreya :bow: .. suveet voice

onscreen & offscreen beauties
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV7fxw0P_Ao&feature=related

HonestRaj
14th August 2011, 10:37 PM
one of the earlier song i liked .. without knowing the meaning / which film / who sang etc... liked just for her voice

its a HIndi song.. accidentally listened in 2008.. now found that it is from ShreyaG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH_Duecleds

HonestRaj
14th August 2011, 10:40 PM
recent liking from ShreyaG

Paheli

"Kangna Re" - Shreya Ghosal, Madhushree (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madhushree), Bela Shende (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bela_Shende), Kalapini Komakali and Sonu Nigam (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonu_Nigam)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dySEQcoYD0c

Plum
15th August 2011, 06:46 AM
Nice song Aanestu. Namma Maragadhamani@Keeravani dhEn meesik.

HonestRaj
15th August 2011, 08:40 AM
just now checked Plum.. manusan language'ku oru pEru vechurukkaru

btw, the one above Paheli is
Pal Pal Har Pal - Munna Bhai 2

(for those who can't access youtube)

Mahen
16th August 2011, 07:11 PM
Shreya G has sung 5 songs in IR's latest telegu album :bow: theres one spb-shreya combo..first time rite?

Plum
16th August 2011, 07:30 PM
SPB-Shreya Ghoshal - Ninnu Thappa - Onnai Vida from Virumandi(Telugu)

Mahen
16th August 2011, 07:32 PM
oh i see..thanks blum

viraajan
18th August 2011, 06:15 PM
Totally in love with her songs in Sri Rama Rajyam!

Shreya-Chitra - Deadly combo! Wow! Divinely! :bow:

SPB-Shreya - Killer!

raajarasigan
18th August 2011, 06:57 PM
SPB-Shreya Ghoshal - Ninnu Thappa - Onnai Vida from Virumandi(Telugu)wow.. ஊட்டுக்கு போய் கண்டிப்பா கேக்கணும்...

Nerd
19th August 2011, 05:26 AM
SPB-Shreya Ghoshal - Ninnu Thappa - Onnai Vida from Virumandi(Telugu)
Sujatha-SPB Plum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeUt_Uq8YZU&playnext=1&list=PL86E51F0338B438D0

There was another SPB-ShreyaG song prior to SriRamaRajyam, I remember googling for it a year or so ago. Mokkai song IIRC (non-IR).

San_K
19th August 2011, 11:07 AM
Shreya G has sung 5 songs in IR's latest telegu album :bow: theres one spb-shreya combo..first time rite?

you mean in Raja's music? if not, they together have sung in ARR's Ah Aah (அ ஆ). தழுவுது நழுவுது, என்ன ஒரு பாட்டு :p

Plum
19th August 2011, 11:22 AM
Nerd, oh my bad(nEthu post fullA my bad dhAn pOla :( )
nAn assume paNNikittEn.

Mahen
19th August 2011, 07:45 PM
you mean in Raja's music? if not, they together have sung in ARR's Ah Aah (அ ஆ). தழுவுது நழுவுது, என்ன ஒரு பாட்டு :p
:ashamed: how can i forget...never liked that song :oops:

SoftSword
19th August 2011, 07:52 PM
:ashamed: how can i forget...never liked that song :oops:

thappilla mahen... indha paattu pudikkalanu solli naan kaettavanga ellaarum thanna romba nalla payyanu thaanae assume pannikittavanga :)
neengalum irukkeenga adhula... ;)

Mahen
20th August 2011, 08:27 AM
:lol: honestly i hated 2 songs in Aa Aah..one more is tiggu tiggu

PARAMASHIVAN
1st September 2011, 10:40 PM
One of her best ever song ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjZ6N9IIdT0&feature=related

Nerd
6th December 2011, 05:37 AM
Tweet - Sang. Beautiful tamizh song. Really beautiful. Soulful. Really happy.

Raja? Rahman? Yuvan? GVP?

And tamizh​ -seriously :bow:

V_S
6th December 2011, 08:35 AM
And tamizh​ -seriously :bow:
Great News Nerd. Really really glad to hear the "tamizh" excellent spelled by a girl from North, while singers of Native TN proudly pronounce உல்லம் துல்லுமா and உயிர் உல்லவரை.

R.Latha
8th December 2011, 07:21 PM
Kuwait, 07 December 2011: Indian Cultural Society proudly presents “Silsila Ye Chahat Ka” with SHREYA GHOSHAL on 9th Dec. 2011 Friday, at 7.00 pm sharp. The Chief Guest for the event will be H.E. Ambassador of India, Kuwait and the guest of honor will be prominent personalities from Kuwait.

http://www.bellevision.com/Bv/index.php?action=topnews&type=3140