PDA

View Full Version : Prabhu Ganesan - Charismatic, Affable and Underrated.

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

groucho070
16th October 2008, 08:54 AM
My brother sent me this:

Got this from http://spbindia.blogspot.com/2007/05/ennodu-paattu-paadungal-episode-dated_28.html

3) en kaadhale ...... from Duet (SPB)
Kedharanath rendered this song. Our SPB asked "Baatcha" to talk about the sax player of this song. Baatcha said that this was played by "Sax" Raju who is one of the rare players who could play the sax without aberrations in the sruthi. He also said that when he discussed about this sax player with A.R.Rehman, Rahman used to compare Raju with the world renowned sax player Kenny G. Such an impact Raju had created. Our SPB also chipped in saying that the music industry had two great sax players both with name Raju. He also mentioned that many had mistaken that sax was played by Kadri Gopalnath for this song. But he had played sax only for one song in the movie which was also sung by our SPB (maybe Anjali song ....). Only Raju had played for this song, he said and that too with great expressions using his sax. He also talked in awe of the actor Prabhu who is featured in this song. SPB felt that his acting was such that he exceeded even his father Sivaji in expression (having tears in the eyes without letting them fall). He also spoke about the great picturisation of director K.Balachandar for this song and also the use of the "Anjali" song bit in this song when the herione appears in the scene. SPB finally praised the contestant for taking a risky song and presenting it well 99.9%. He, however sang out certain portions of the song himself which he felt the contestant should take care in future which he himself found difficult when singing on stage. He also brought in Baatcha's habit of pointing out mistakes in his singing when they used to record live in earlier days.

P_R
16th October 2008, 11:45 AM
[tscii:88be3671ef]Yeah I was wondering too Groucho. I think Gopalnath only played Mettupodu - very Carnatic-ky pieces.

The “Vennilaavin Theeril” and Prabhu’s silent suffering. All patient elder brothers (like me) can relate to that sequence, that’s for sure. :D

[/tscii:88be3671ef]

thilak4life
16th October 2008, 12:15 PM
The only good thing about Duet is Prabhu's acting, it really got to me. But he was a good actor, now he is just a box of histrionics, there's nothing fluid about his performances any more. The last notable performance was Siraichalai. Films after that, he didn't really strike a chord in any performance. I think he struggles to find any motivation. And when you have likes of P.Vasu around, it's not all that surprising.

I'm looking forward to the Mani Ratnam film.

Thirumaran
16th October 2008, 12:21 PM
And when you have likes of P.Vasu around, it's not all that surprising.

:lol:

groucho070
16th October 2008, 01:35 PM
P. Vasu's existence in TFI is still a mystery to me. That he continues to get job (why Rajini?) is another great subject for movie thesis.

In early days he benefited from the stars and of course Ilayaraja. Chinathambi benefited massively from Prabhu and Ilayaraja.

thoothukudisaran
21st November 2008, 11:22 PM
'manasukul mathapu" is one of my best movies of prabhu.he looked very cute and wud have acted brilliantly in that movie.

Yes Karthik, you are correct. In the movie "Manasukkull Maththaappoo" his performance was extremely good. His role was based on a Mentally disordered person. He got Best Actor Filmfare Award for that year. The songs were melodies and hit.

thoothukudisaran
21st November 2008, 11:29 PM
yAr yArukkO seperate thread irukkumbOthu (sila pErukku yEgappatta threads), Ilaiya Thilagam Prabhuvukku oru thread create Agi iruppathu to be welcomed.

I think his fatness is not a minus point. As Rajini rightly said: "nAn gundAnA nallA irukkAthu. adhu pOla Prabhu slim AnA nallA irukkAthu".

Some of his movies are nice entertainment and full comedy. Chiina mAppiley and thEdinEn vandhathu are among them.

"Muththu Engall Soththu" is a 100% comedy movie. It was very old movie, released before 1990 (if am i correct ?). Starting to the end full of comedy. A must watch movie for a Prabhu fan.

Similarly "Kanni Rasi" also a Comedy cum Sentiment movie, directed by the Director cum Actor Pandiyarajan.

Saran.

Vivasaayi
21st November 2008, 11:42 PM
saran - a prabhu fan? :)

Avadi to America
21st November 2008, 11:48 PM
Guys,

Arangetra velai is very good movie....I also like kanni raasi. (prabhu and GM combination) :redjump:

thoothukudisaran
21st November 2008, 11:55 PM
The main I like from Prabhu is, he never showed and acted as a son of a great actor. He always very simple without any 'bandha'.

Once he mentioned once that he gained this quality of simplicity and free movement from another great actor Jaishanker.

Yes you are correct,
He was so simple. Easily he minkled with everybody. If Brabhu is there in the Set, then everybody will be in happy and jolley mood. He spare his lunch with everybody in the Set, including light boy.
He know his tallent, so he never afraid of acting with any other leading heros.
During his carrier he co starred from S.V Sekar to Rajini / Kamal.
Yes he acted along with S.V.Sekar, Mohan, Pandiyarajan, Murali, Vijayakanth, Karthik, Sathyaraj, Sarathkumar, Livingston, Mohanlal, Ramesh Aravindh, Rahuvaran, Prakashraj, Ramki, Sivakumar, Rajinikanth, Kamalhasan, and the one and only Sivaji Ganesan.
In Tamil film history no one (hero) has acted as co-hero among the most of the other heros. Somebody may have acted with one or two heros with one or two films. But, Prabhu is the only hero. he acted along with most of the other leading heros without any hesitation. He can dance equally with Kamalhasan, he can fight equally with Rajinikanth.
This itself shows that, he didn't afraid of any other heros. He know his tallent, so he is ready to show his tallent among others. One more thing; he never argue with the director regarding his role against his co-hero (i.e. he never informed the director, that his role should be lifted among the other fello star).

Saran

Murali Srinivas
22nd November 2008, 05:05 PM
Dear Saran,

Welcome to Prabhu's thread.

A very good post regarding the no of films where Prabhu had acted with so many heroes. Hope you contribute more to this thread.

Regards

HonestRaj
22nd November 2008, 09:00 PM
P. Vasu's existence in TFI is still a mystery to me. That he continues to get job (why Rajini?) is another great subject for movie thesis.

In early days he benefited from the stars and of course Ilayaraja. Chinathambi benefited massively from Prabhu and Ilayaraja.

Groucho.. neengale namma Gounder-ah miss panniteenga :D

thoothukudisaran
22nd November 2008, 10:22 PM
Dear Saran,

Welcome to Prabhu's thread.

A very good post regarding the no of films where Prabhu had acted with so many heroes. Hope you contribute more to this thread.

Regards

Hi Murali,
Ilayathilagam Prabhu Co-Starred along with other Heros in several movies. Some of them are:

1. With Nadigarthilagam Sivaji Ganesan
Sangili
Needhipathi
Sandhippu
Simma Soppanam
Neethiyin Nizhal
Saathanai
Ezhuthaatha Saddangall
Vellai Roja...etc.

2. Kamalhasan
Vetri Vizhaa
Vasoolraja MBBS

3. Rajinikanth
Gurusishyan
Dharmaththin Thalaivan
Mannan
Chandramukhi
Kuselan

4. Sathyaraj
Paalaivana Rojaakkall
Chinnathambi Periyathambi
Annaanagar Mudhaltheru

5. Karthick
Agni Natchathram
Vuruthi Mozhi
Thai Poranthaachu...etc

6. Ramki
Chinapoove Mella Pesu
+ one or two movies; the name i could not able to remember

7. S. V. Sekar
Lottary Ticket
Muththu Engall Soththu
+ a movie which was directed by T.P.Gajendhiran

8. Vijayakanth
Nambinaar Keduvathillai
Kaalaiyum Neeyae Maalaiyum Neeyae

9. Ramesh Aravindh
Duet

10. Raghuman
Oruvar Vaazhum Aalayam

11. Abbaas
Budjet Bhadmanabhan (if am i correct)

12. Mohanlal
Chirai Chaalai

13. Raghuvaran
Anjali

14. Murali
Paasa Kiligall
+ a movie which was directed by Anumohan

15. The evergreen Hero Mr.Sivakumar
Oruvar Vaazhum Aalayam

...etc

regards,
Saran

thoothukudisaran
22nd November 2008, 10:48 PM
did prabhu act in a hollywood movie?i think he acted in some movie called "elli my friend"not sure wheteher it was a hollywood movie???i posted this before also but there was no response...anybody knows

Hi Karthik,
Yes U R correct. Prabhu acted in an English (Hollywood) movie named " Ele, My Friend ".

Category: Dramas Movies, Comedies Videos, Children's, Adventure, Children/Family, Children (About), Kids Adventure
Starring: Ganesh, Jacob Paul Guzman, Prabhu
Director: Dharan Mandrayar
Featured: Amjad Ali Khan

Amjad Khan, Gazan Khan, Jacob Paul Guzman, Prabhu, R.S. Shivaji - Director: Dharan Mandrayar
During the British Raj of the 1920's, a young Indian boy named Charles crosses paths with a family of elephants in the deep jungle. Excited by his ... Full Descriptionnew findings, Charles quickly befriends one of the baby elephants and names it Ele. Their private world of joy and happiness is suddenly shattered when the sound of gunfire fills the air. Now the bravery of young Charles is tested when faced with the decision to save his new friend Ele from the wrath of the evil hunters.

Stars also making their debut in this video: Jacob Paul Guzman, Prabhu.

regards,
Saran

groucho070
25th November 2008, 02:19 PM
HR, mannichidunggo. Yes, Gounder also matters. In fact, Gounder/Prabhu made a few kallakkal films themselves, that you and others have share in Gounder's threads.

Dear Saran,

Welcome to Prabhu's thread. Thank you for that info and list of Prabhu's films with leading stars. Man, that is a very impressive list. One thing, Prabhu does not shy away from acting with other list...another thing is for the lead actors to willingly act with him...it must be all good qualities Prabhu possessed.

Thanks again, Saran.

RC
25th November 2008, 07:20 PM
14. Murali
Paasa Kiligall
Anbu chinnam

thoothukudisaran
25th November 2008, 07:35 PM
14. Murali
Paasa Kiligall
Anbu chinnam

Hi RC,

The movie which was co starred with Murali and directed by Anumohan is " Ninaivu Chinnam "

Saran.

groucho070
17th December 2008, 08:17 AM
[tscii:d50626a936]Kumbakarai Tanggaiya.

Simple village flick by Ganggai Amaran (GA). Prabhu in an awful wig is okay in this movie, playing a rough and tough village type. He has an easy chemistry with Kanaga. But then, you let him act with a Klingon, he will still have easy chemistry…that is Prabhu for you.

Nothing special about the story, which could have been normal village flick that has a Komberi Mookan twist in the middle. GA ventures into action territory a bit…but its just so and so effort.

What struck me was the credit sequences. It starts with massive felicitation on Ilayaraja, really! I mean, GA basically worshipped IR. IR was great that time, but the felicitation kinda put me off a bit. Then, we get to see the technicians with their credits…though most of them looked little at ease. Some really looked like they were asked to stand in front of the camera with a gun pointed at them, behind the camera.

Along the way, I felt uneasy. Something not right. The needed elements are there. Prabhu is okay. Kanaga, underrated just because she is not super gorgeous like her mom, is okay. Supporting cast do their job well. Story is normal…simple to follow. Songs were nice (in fact, Thendral Katre, thendral katre is a great song). But I felt uneasy.

Then I realised something. A grevious crime GA commited.

There was no Goundamani!!!!! :evil:

It explains why the comedy scene in this film plain sucked. SS. Chandrasekhar in Gounder’s place? Come on!

Without Gounder, this film merely takes mediocre rating.
[/tscii:d50626a936]

Murali Srinivas
20th December 2008, 11:03 PM
Rakesh,

If I remember right, Kumbakarai Thangaiyaah was produced by Sangili Murugan. His productions were all based in and around Madurai and he used some real life characters (read outlaws) and KT was one such character who lived near Periyakulam - Cumbum - Theni belt. That was one reason why Prabhu was made to use that awful wig. As you said, songs were good [Ilaiyaraja always gave good songs for Sangili Murugan]. Again I remember some good fight scenes. Box office wise it was a hit and it did especially well in B & C centres.

Regards

P_R
20th December 2008, 11:15 PM
[tscii:3b783fadb7]
What struck me was the credit sequences. It starts with massive felicitation on Ilayaraja, really! I mean, GA basically worshipped IR. IR was great that time, but the felicitation kinda put me off a bit. Then, we get to see the technicians with their credits…though most of them looked little at ease. Some really looked like they were asked to stand in front of the camera with a gun pointed at them, behind the camera.

Oh !
This is the exact replica of the KaragAttakkAran credits sequence.
It starts with GA introducing the producers to IR - 'scratching his head' requesting IR to sing the title song. Then IR sings "pAttAle budhdhi sonnAr"....a dud song - which I have gotten so used to that I like it now :-)

Boring routine except for one or two 'light' moments. (like GA shown grabbing at the notes of currency from the two producers when the credits for them are shown :D).

Perhaps GA thought he'd just repeat it in KT and get away with it. Nice try !

[/tscii:3b783fadb7]

HonestRaj
21st December 2008, 08:44 PM
[tscii:3579186565]

Oh !
This is the exact replica of the KaragAttakkAran credits sequence.
It starts with GA introducing the producers to IR - 'scratching his head' requesting IR to sing the title song. Then IR sings "pAttAle budhdhi sonnAr"....a dud song - which I have gotten so used to that I like it now :-)

Boring routine except for one or two 'light' moments. (like GA shown grabbing at the notes of currency from the two producers when the credits for them are shown :D).

Perhaps GA thought he'd just repeat it in KT and get away with it. Nice try !

[/tscii:3579186565]

Check out Ramarajan & Kavundamani in Karagattakaran credits :D

P_R
21st December 2008, 08:46 PM
Recall GM, playing with the kids at the reception. Senthil bumping into GA after a ta-ta to the audience (enna dA viLambaram ! :-))

Ramarajan-kku enna. MakkaL nAyagan-nu pOduvaangaLE..adhai solreengaLA :lol2:

groucho070
22nd December 2008, 08:00 AM
Thanks for the info Murali sar.

PR, yes, that was a funny moment. Grabbing the producers money, nice touch from GM.

But any idea why Gounder was not in it? But seeing that he was very busy, he must have missed out on the call sheet.

HonestRaj
22nd December 2008, 08:09 AM
Recall GM, playing with the kids at the reception. Senthil bumping into GA after a ta-ta to the audience (enna dA viLambaram ! :-))

GM for his original make-up

Ramarajan-kku enna. MakkaL nAyagan-nu pOduvaangaLE..adhai solreengaLA :lol2:

Ramarajan, ADMK style color color sattaile parthadha nyabagam.. nan :lol2: arthathula sollalai

Murali Srinivas
31st December 2008, 11:21 PM
இன்று (டிசம்பர் 31) பிறந்த நாள் காணும் அன்னை இல்லத்தின்

இளைய குமாரன்

இளைய திலகம் பிரபு

பல்லாண்டு வாழ வாழ்த்தும் அன்பு உள்ளங்களில் எங்களையும் இணைத்து கொள்கிறோம்..

அன்புடன்

groucho070
2nd January 2009, 09:48 AM
Crikey, missed this one.

Happy belated birthday, Prabhu-sar. Hope to have more contributions from you as an actor and producer (which means don't use P. Vasu, pleeaaasee.....).

Have a great year ahead.

thoothukudisaran
3rd January 2009, 11:13 PM
saran - a prabhu fan? :) :)

Yes,
I like Prabhu. As because of his simplicity and his jovial behaviour.
With his FAT body; he was doing nice and perfect dance. And also his Stunt movements are fascinating and worth watching.

regards,
Saran.

hattori_hanzo
5th January 2009, 01:36 AM
just observed something. 3 of Prabhu movie's names:

Chinnathambi
Periyathambi
& Chinnathambi Periyathambi :D

joe
15th January 2009, 08:37 AM
கன்னடத்தில் பிரபு

நடிகர் திலகம் சிவாஜி கணேசனின் புதல்வரும், நடிகருமான பிரபு முதன் முறையாக கன்னடப் படம் ஒன்றில் நடிக்கவுள்ளார்.

பிரபுவின் பள்ளிப் படிப்பெல்லாம் பெங்களூரில்தான். மேலும் நடிகர் திலகத்தின் மகன் என்பதால், பெங்களூர், பிரபுவுக்கு இன்னொரு தாய் வீடு போல.

கன்னடத்தில் நன்றாகப் பேசக் கூடிய திறமை படைத்தவர் பிரபு. இருந்தாலும் இதுவரை ஒரு கன்னடப் படத்திலும் அவர் நடித்ததில்லை. இந்த நிலையில் முதல் முறையாக கன்னடத்தில் நடிக்கப் போகிறார் பிரபு.

படத்திற்குப் பெயர் பாஸ். சத்யா இயக்குகிறார். நவ்யா நாயர், தர்ஷன் ஜோடிகளாக நடிக்கின்றனர்.

இப்படத்தில் முக்கிய வேடத்தில் நடிக்கிறார் பிரபு. படப்பிடிப்பு தற்போது மைசூரில் படு விறுவிறுப்பாக நடந்து வருகிறது.

சிவாஜி கணேசன் பி.ஆர்.பந்துலு இயக்கத்தில் உருவான ஸ்கூல் மாஸ்டர் என்ற கன்னடப் படத்தில் நடித்துள்ளார். இப்போது தந்தை வழியில் பிரபுவும் கன்னடம் பேசப் போகிறார்.

தமிழில் தற்போது தந்தை மற்றும் குணச்சித்திர வேடங்களுக்கு மாறி விட்டார் பிரபு. அஆஇஈ படத்தில் அவர் நடித்துள்ள தந்தை வேடம் ரசிகர்களிடையே நல்ல வரவேற்பைப் பெற்றுள்ளதால் இதுபோன்ற வேடங்களில் நடிக்க ஆர்வமாக இருக்கிறாராம் பிரபு.

http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2009/01/13-prabhu-in-kannada-film.html

groucho070
15th January 2009, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the info, Joe.

Another interesting addition to his resume. May his talent be appreciated there too.

saradhaa_sn
15th January 2009, 11:59 AM
கன்னடத்தில் பிரபு

மேலும் நடிகர் திலகத்தின் மகன் என்பதால், பெங்களூர், பிரபுவுக்கு இன்னொரு தாய் வீடு போல.

http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2009/01/13-prabhu-in-kannada-film.html

'தட்ஸ்டமில்' இணையதளம் எப்போதுமே செய்திகளை வெளிடுவதோடு மட்டும் நிறுத்திக்கொள்ளாமல், இது போன்ற குசும்பு வேலைகளையும், குதர்க்க வேலைகளையும் கூடவே சேர்த்துக்கொள்வதை வழக்கமாக்கிக்கொண்டுள்ளது. (எல்லா பிரபலங்களைப்பற்றியுமே).

இவ்வரிகள் அந்த செய்திக்கு தேவைதானா?. இதைப்படிப்பவர்களில், விவரம் தெரியாத சிலர் நடிகர்திலகம் ஏதோ கன்னட மாநிலத்திலிருந்து வந்தவர் என்பது போல புரிந்துகொள்ள வாய்ப்புள்ளது.

விழுப்புரத்தில் பிறந்து, தஞ்சையில் வளர்ந்து, சென்னையில் வாழ்ந்து மறைந்த பச்சைத்தமிழனான நடிகர்திலகத்தை, கன்னடியர் போல சித்தரிக்க முயலும் 'தட்ஸ்டமில்' தளத்தின் குசும்பை, நடிகர்திலகத்தின் ரசிகர்/ரசிகைகள் வன்மையாக கண்டிக்கிறோம்.

joe
15th January 2009, 12:26 PM
கன்னடத்தில் பிரபு

மேலும் நடிகர் திலகத்தின் மகன் என்பதால், பெங்களூர், பிரபுவுக்கு இன்னொரு தாய் வீடு போல.

'தட்ஸ்டமில்' இணையதளம் எப்போதுமே செய்திகளை வெளிடுவதோடு மட்டும் நிறுத்திக்கொள்ளாமல், இது போன்ற குசும்பு வேலைகளையும், குதர்க்க வேலைகளையும் கூடவே சேர்த்துக்கொள்வதை வழக்கமாக்கிக்கொண்டுள்ளது. (எல்லா பிரபலங்களைப்பற்றியுமே).

இவ்வரிகள் அந்த செய்திக்கு தேவைதானா?. இதைப்படிப்பவர்களில், விவரம் தெரியாத சிலர் நடிகர்திலகம் ஏதோ கன்னட மாநிலத்திலிருந்து வந்தவர் என்பது போல புரிந்துகொள்ள வாய்ப்புள்ளது.

விழுப்புரத்தில் பிறந்து, தஞ்சையில் வளர்ந்து, சென்னையில் வாழ்ந்து மறைந்த பச்சைத்தமிழனான நடிகர்திலகத்தை, கன்னடியர் போல சித்தரிக்க முயலும் 'தட்ஸ்டமில்' தளத்தின் குசும்பை, நடிகர்திலகத்தின் ரசிகர்/ரசிகைகள் வன்மையாக கண்டிக்கிறோம்.

எனக்கும் இது புரியவே இல்லை.. சரி..வேறெதுவும் நமக்கு தெரியாத தொடர்பு என நினைத்தேன் .

இப்பவும் ஏன் அப்படி எழுதினார்கள் என புரியவில்லை. :roll: ஒரு வேளை சிவாஜியையும் சிவாஜிராவ்-யும் போட்டு குழப்பிக்கொள்ளுகிறார்களா?

groucho070
15th January 2009, 12:46 PM
I was confused first at Saradha madam's annoyance. Then, as highlighted I could see. I think the reporters should say, "Since Prabhu studied there, it is like his second home" not "Because he is NT's son".

That is sheer lazy nonsense reporting. Other than that, I am happy for the new turn in Prabhu's career.

joe
15th January 2009, 12:48 PM
பிரபுவின் பள்ளிப் படிப்பெல்லாம் பெங்களூரில்தான். மேலும் நடிகர் திலகத்தின் மகன் என்பதால், பெங்களூர், பிரபுவுக்கு இன்னொரு தாய் வீடு போல.

சாரதா மேடம்,
இப்படி இருந்திருக்க வேண்டுமோ?

நடிகர் திலகத்தின் மகன் என்றாலும் ,பிரபுவின் பள்ளிப் படிப்பெல்லாம் பெங்களூரில்தான் என்பதால், பெங்களூர், பிரபுவுக்கு இன்னொரு தாய் வீடு போல.

Thirumaran
15th January 2009, 12:50 PM
kannada padamaa :sigh2: ithukku innum naalanju simbu movie layae nadikalaam :| hope tge movie is good :roll:

groucho070
15th January 2009, 12:53 PM
kannada padamaa :sigh2: ithukku innum naalanju simbu movie layae nadikalaam :| hope tge movie is good :roll:

Well, not familiar with Kannada film industry. Yetho nalla role, avar talenta appreciate pannura mathiri character iruntha okay. I am scared that it might be some hero/back to youth role.

Murali Srinivas
15th January 2009, 01:15 PM
ஜோ,

இது உண்மையிலே புதிய செய்தி. ஏற்கனவே நேரடியாக மலையாளத்திலும், டப்பிங் படங்கள் மூலமாக தெலுங்கிலும் நல்ல அறிமுகத்தை பெற்றுள்ள பிரபு இப்போது கன்னடத்திலும் நுழைகிறார். இதை தவிர சிவாஜி புரொடக்ஷன்ஸ் சார்பில் புனீத் ராஜ்குமாரை வைத்து ஒரு படம் தயாரிக்க பூர்வாங்க வேலைகளும் நடப்பதாக ஒரு செய்தி உண்டு.

சாரதா,

அந்த வாக்கியத்தின் வடிவமைப்பு ஜோ சொல்வது போலவே இருந்திருக்க வேண்டும்.

அன்புடன்

Plum
15th January 2009, 04:35 PM
Murali, illai apdi irundha why should they use "Melum". Clearly they are saying "In addition, since he is NT's son, Bangalore is second home to him"
Weird!
Maybe they meant that since he is NT's son, he was well taken care of there so it is second home. Or like, because he was NT's son, he had proper links with Rajkumar family and was taken care of well, so has great relationship with them hence it is second home...

Vivasaayi
15th January 2009, 06:52 PM
Or NT has a good fan base in karnataka esp bangalore and his movies have did well there

joe
15th January 2009, 07:13 PM
NT has a good fan base in karnataka esp bangalore and his movies have did well there

No doubt
http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=1656639#1656639

Vivasaayi
15th January 2009, 07:17 PM
:)

Plum
15th January 2009, 08:19 PM
Vivasayi, Joe: yup, it does sound like that to me.

sarna_blr
20th January 2009, 02:45 PM
http://www.saravanakumaran.com/2009/01/blog-post_06.html

அதனால, அதிக ஹிட் கொடுத்த முன்னணி தமிழ் நடிகர், பிரபுதான்.

groucho070
20th January 2009, 02:56 PM
http://www.saravanakumaran.com/2009/01/blog-post_06.html

அதனால, அதிக ஹிட் கொடுத்த முன்னணி தமிழ் நடிகர், பிரபுதான்.

:D Very amusing, Sarna.

But he was doing supporting roles there. Lent his weight (pardon the pun) to the films as good character actor, though I thought he was mostly uninvolved in Chandramukhi and unintentionally made "Enna Kodumai" ithu a joke (though in that scene, he did okay).

But one thing for sure, he really makes a good addition to other heroes. His earlier work with his peers are mostly hits I believe. Yes, I am talking about the early ones he did with Rajini, Kamal, Sathyaraj, Karthik, you name it.

Plum
20th January 2009, 03:05 PM
Well, the EKSI bit has become a joke. But his performance in Chandramukhi wasnt. His was perhaps the only performance that stayed true to the original. If you notice, there are hints of impotency about Suresh Gopi's character - an awkwardness when there are conversations of conjugal bliss and even the final moment when Mohanlal literally throws Shobana on him, a highly embarassed reaction.

Also, character wise, Shobana's nagavalli Also, psychologically, merely being in the "storied" bungalow alone cannot cause that Nagavalli personality on Shobana. Why should she fix Suresh Gopi as her villain the ambalathar? There are enough hints in the story that the tales she heard from her grandma influencing her nagavalli behaviour are only the visible symptoms. It could be the lack of conjugal attachment with the husband and the boredom which might have helped her form this tale of the ambalathar taking her away from her lover. There is more than a hint that the dancer-beau is a representation of an intimate lover which she wants her husband to be and instead, Suresh Gopi is more attached to his business(which is shown int he movie- him ignoring Shobana and attending to his business on phone) and turns out to be the stumbling block for her to find her the intimate lover in him.
These are, as in a fine movie it should be, hinted.
I thought Prabhu caught on this and gave a subtle hint in his performance with his body language w.r.t Jothika.
Sadly, people only saw EKSI and demeaned his performance.

In the land of visually-challenged, a man with vision is an aberration

Plum
20th January 2009, 03:10 PM
I thought all that psychological underplay was what made Manichitrathazhu a master-piece.
Chandramukhi made it mumbo jumbo. For Jothika to visualise Rajnikanth as the villain, there has to be a psychological underpinning if they wanted to present it as Multiple personality disorder. It is not like anyone has a MPD just like that - there has to be an underlying reason. This is where I found Chandramukhi unsatisfactory - it is clear that P Vasu hasnt got it at all. He had to make Rajnikanth/Vishnuvardhan villain because you dont have that breathtaking cameo otherwise. IMO, in that case he could have combined Mohanlal and Suresh Gopi's role into one and made him the psychologist-husband but looks like PV didnt understand why Shobana had the other personality at all.
Even Shankar did a good job of underlying motivation for Ambi becoming Anniyan(the remo bit was an aberration though) -

groucho070
20th January 2009, 03:14 PM
Whoa! Plum, never thought of it that way.

First thing, I had not seen the original. Hope to one day.

Then, it's a P. Vasu movie, an arguable bad director, so I usually switch off the brain to watch it. So, I just enjoyed Rajini and Vadiveloo's clashes.

I also learned recently that he was also responsible in attempts to destroy the memory of many great Malayalam flicks with his hopeless remakes.

The only film of his I enjoy is Mannan (for obvious reason), Nadigan (for obvious reason) and Malabar police (for obvious reason). I even hesitate to revisit Chinathambi despite Prabhu, Gounder and Ilayaraja.

But you are right in some extend, he was a bit animated...but that's all the credit I give to this wonderful actor who has delivered some truly majestic performances.

sarna_blr
20th January 2009, 04:07 PM
In the land of visually-challenged,

few posts in last two pages proves this :P

Plum
20th January 2009, 04:11 PM
sarna_blr, sathyama puriyalai how you are interpreting my words. hope you are not offended or something.

Plum
20th January 2009, 04:12 PM
groucho, chandramukhi paartha paavathukkagavadhu manichitrathazhu paarthu paavathai kazhuvanum neenga :-)

sarna_blr
20th January 2009, 04:26 PM
sarna_blr, sathyama puriyalai how you are interpreting my words. hope you are not offended or something.

neenga sonna punch, situation'ku poruththamaa irundhadhu :P nothing against u :)

sarna_blr
20th January 2009, 04:34 PM
groucho, chandramukhi paartha paavathukkagavadhu manichitrathazhu paarthu paavathai kazhuvanum neenga :-)

oru critic'aa paaththaa , sari dhaan . But oru paamara rasiganaa paakkumbOdhu, Chandhramukhi is a fun-filled movie with 95% excellent entertainment . Cinema is mainly meant for entertainment . Chandhramukhi proved it .

Plum
20th January 2009, 04:43 PM
sarna_blr, adhu okay but I wasnt punch dialoguing against anyone else here either - it was only directed against people who didnt understand Prabhu's chandramukhi performance not anyone else here so I want to make that clear.
Looks like you arent happy with some comments here which i dont understand anyway and its between you and them. naan andha aattaiku varalai :-)

Plum
20th January 2009, 04:46 PM
sarna_blr, I have nothing against Chandramukhi. At any rate, it was better than Bhool Bhulaiya. Bhool Bhulaiya was a bigger goof up in that they managed to reproduce MCT almost scene-by-scene yet missed the point completely. They even had a duet for Vidya Balan and her husband - completely missing the point-na adhu dhaan :-)

Murali Srinivas
20th January 2009, 11:05 PM
Plum,

Good point about Shobana- Suresh Gopi relationship in Manichithrathazh(u). If you had delved deep into the movie, you would remember that S.Gopi's character name was Nakulan. According to Mahabharatham tales, Nakulan was not interested in conjectual bliss and that's the reason for naming the SG character as Nakulan. The writer of the movie Madhu Muttom had discussed about this in an interview. As you rightly said Shobana's feeling is brought out subtly in a scene where she lying in the bed would invite " Nakulettaa,urangunile?". SG deeply engrossed in a file would say " Ganga urangiko."

As I said in another thread Chandramukhi was one of the day light murders committed by P.Vasu.

Rakesh,

All Vasu's movies are unabashed copies or shall we say inspirations from other language movies and in fact even from earlier Tamil movies. Nadigan was "inspired" from Thedi Vandha Mappilai. Seeing the success of Chinna Thambi, he remade it as Senthamizh Pattu, the very next year and riding on Prabhu, this movie also ran 100 days. Some of his Malayalam remakes/copies

Kizhakku Karai - Samrajjiyam [Mammootty]

Chandra Muki - Manichithrathazh [Mohanlal]

Seenu - Bharatham [Mohanlal]

Malabar Police - The Truth [Mammootty]

Regards

PS: Sorry, for bringing P.Vasu and his miseries in this thread.

groucho070
21st January 2009, 07:25 AM
Plum, You are right. But antha padam ingga kidaikka maatengguthu. Will hunt for it if I make a trip to India.

Murali-sar,

Allow me to exaggerate your remark. P. Vasu is a serial daylight remake murderer. But then, I did enjoy few of his films mainly because of the cast (Prabhu/Sathyaraj/Rajini was all well used, I must add).

Plum
21st January 2009, 11:14 AM
murali, as usual, scholarly observations. Naangellam kodu potta, neenga road-e podureenga. Adhu dhaan Murali Srinivas!

G & MS, serial daylight murderer - very funny, very funny apt description of Vasu saar.

HonestRaj
22nd January 2009, 10:06 PM
Allow me to exaggerate your remark. P. Vasu is a serial daylight remake murderer. But then, I did enjoy few of his films mainly because of the cast (Prabhu/Sathyaraj/Rajini was all well used, I must add).

yes.. he had some super hits & had a good mixing of comedy, sentiment, songs etc.

Is "velai kidachiduchu" is a remake? I think it is a super hit film :?

Esp. for Groucho... Gounder had some of his classics reserved for Vasu :lol:

Plum
22nd January 2009, 10:08 PM
Groucho, Velai Kedaichidichi is a remake of Assembly Rowdy starring Mohan Babu in telugu

groucho070
23rd January 2009, 07:20 AM
HR, Vasu always relied on talents to make his films work. Alas that too fails sometimes (aarrrgh...memories of Assattal is assaulting me). As such Gounder is a huge help!

Plum, VK is also a remake? Intha manusan original-la ethu ozhungga senjirukkiraaru?

Oh well, before this thread turns into P. Vasu bashing thread...

Plum
23rd January 2009, 11:00 AM
IMO, any thread on Prabhu must descend into P Vasu bashing because that is the man who made Prabhu a dim-wit on screen. A finely talented actor ws reduced to rubble and P Vasu had a starring role in it. I would say it is appropriate and relevant discussion here.

Thirumaran
23rd January 2009, 11:13 AM
Esp. for Groucho... Gounder had some of his classics reserved for Vasu :lol:

One thing for sure. In many P.Vasu movies comedies has been good be irrespective of the movie.. That is the only plus point i would say in P.Vasu movies :P Better not to talk about the rest :evil:

sarna_blr
23rd January 2009, 11:16 AM
IMO, any thread on Prabhu must descend into P Vasu bashing because that is the man who made Prabhu a dim-wit on screen. A finely talented actor ws reduced to rubble and P Vasu had a starring role in it. I would say it is appropriate and relevant discussion here.

I would like to tell blaming P Vasu alone is madaththanam :P we should blame our audience also who made those films to become commercially success . U and I are two among them(audience) 8-)

groucho070
23rd January 2009, 11:20 AM

Hehe, I love it when we are allowed to be nasty. I am also grateful that there are no P. Vasu fanatics around to start getting on our nerve.

It's true, I hate Prabhu's role in Chinnathambi. It is poorly written. The whole premise revolving on Thaali - though I am respectful of its actual cultural importance - and dimwit character forced onto Prabhu is moronic at best and is insulting our (or at lease my semi-literate) intelligence. I remember watching it on big screen and sinking in my chair (I sunk again recently, but I won't tell which film).

The film is saved by Prabhu's presence, his sense of humour, and Ilayaraja. Of course, you know where the other sense of humour in this film comes from (my guilty pleasure).

I asked this before and I ask again, could P. Vasu be the worst amongst the directors of better budgetted film? I wonder.

Plum
23rd January 2009, 04:29 PM
sarna_blr, i sure didnt make Chinna Thambi a hit. Also, ofcourse, one can blame Prabhu himself for choosing to act in those films.
But idhellam oru guilty pleasure - vera yaaraiyavadhu thittina, fan club censure varum - ivarai thittina onnum varadhunnu dhairayathula thittitaen :-)

sarna_blr
23rd January 2009, 04:43 PM
sarna_blr, i sure didnt make Chinna Thambi a hit. Also, ofcourse, one can blame Prabhu himself for choosing to act in those films.
But idhellam oru guilty pleasure - vera yaaraiyavadhu thittina, fan club censure varum - ivarai thittina onnum varadhunnu dhairayathula thittitaen :-)
Plum,
1991'ku appuram Prabhu's sustaining in TFI was determined by Chinnathambi's commercial success, would u dare to deny it ?

HonestRaj
24th January 2009, 05:00 PM
Plum, VK is also a remake? Intha manusan original-la ethu ozhungga senjirukkiraaru?

:exactly: I too felt the same :oops:

I thought Velai Kidachiduchu could be original, thats y I asked about this film.. :|

Sethupathy IPS?

// sari sari.. idhu Prabhu thread-nu theriyudhu :wave:

HonestRaj
24th January 2009, 07:26 PM
Hehe, I love it when we are allowed to be nasty. I am also grateful that there are no P. Vasu fanatics around to start getting on our nerve.

:lol: Yevukanai madhiri engirundhavadhu varuvanga .. irunga parthu solraen (looking like senthil does in uthamarasa) :lol2:

Chinnathambi
I remember watching it on big screen

Me too.. I think, I was studying in 5th std... & I cud still remember ladies crowd for this theater.... nane indha padam 150+ days-ku appuramthan parthaen.. appave avlo koottam :shock:

VK had Captain Prabhakaran at that time :D

I asked this before and I ask again, could P. Vasu be the worst amongst the directors of better budgetted film? I wonder.

Eagerly waiting to get the answer from someone... if he is the best, then who could be his close contender?

groucho070
29th January 2009, 01:19 PM
Me too.. I think, I was studying in 5th std... & I cud still remember ladies crowd for this theater.... nane indha padam 150+ days-ku appuramthan parthaen.. appave avlo koottam :shock:

VK had Captain Prabhakaran at that time :D

CP never made it to my town. At that time, Malaysia was re-welcoming Tamizh films, and in smaller towns titles are selected. Captain may have played in the cities, but Chinnathambi was big word-of-mouth item at that time.

I was not rushing out to see it, but I keep hearing from people how great it is and all. Of course, we know about the songs.

Then, poyee paartaaa!!!!! :x

Prabhu gave his best, very decent and soulful performance. I thought Nee Enggey song was irritating, but thanks to P. Vasu's impeccable direction, the scene turned out to be a bigger pain in the neck than I thought was ever possible (rivaling entire performance by Jyothika in CM)

Good comedy, good songs (except that one) and Prabhu are the elements I will look forward to, if I am going to see it again.

Eagerly waiting to get the answer from someone... if he is the best, then who could be his close contender?

You mean close contender to being worst director? I categorise him such, because of his capability to undertake huge projects and ruin it. I mean, he is not like Perarasu, you know what you are going to get when you go to a Perarasu or Shakti Chithambaram movie.

But Vasu's films have big names and now I discovered that he took the stories from good movies. How he can screw it is beyond me. Look, he has great material in hand...and yet he can still come out with those stuff. I thought he was bad before, but now, after all these discussions (Cool-aana Murali-saree daylight murderer-nu sollittaaru), I am convinced that he is the worst...at least 80s onwards.

We like some of his movies, only because of the talents in it, not because they were well directed.

Murali Srinivas
29th January 2009, 11:00 PM
To divert people from P.Vasu centric discussions, let me update some new informations on Prabhu.

In addition to

Ayan

Kandhasamy

Asoka Vanam

Prabhu is doing two more films.

One that has Bharath in the lead and the

second one has Arun Vijay in the lead.

Though it is good that he is putting his talent to good use, hope this right,left and centre signing doesn't push him into the range of Vijayakumar.

Regards

Anban
29th January 2009, 11:44 PM
atleast he cud try to follow Prakashraj..

thoothukudisaran
1st March 2009, 08:36 PM
Having the right connections

There is this story going around in the industry - from the unit of "Budget Padmanabhan" the Prabhu starrer released sometime back. It seems when Prabhu was at Kodaikanal shooting for this film some people approached him and asked him to intercede on their behalf with the higher-ups. The roads were bad and they wanted Prabhu to do something about it. A stunned Prabhu informed them that he was not a politician and had nothing to do with politicians either. The men said that they knew it but they also knew that if he put the matter in the right ears, he would be taken seriously. Prabhu jokingly agreed to do something about the matter. In due course the matter reached the right people, and now one hears that the road-repair work is going on in right earnest. Wish more film artistes would use their image and their connections for such purposes.

Saran.

thoothukudisaran
1st March 2009, 08:55 PM
Hi fans,
Anybody having the CD/DVD version of the movie "Ele My Friend". If yes, please send me the copy.

thanks & regards,
saran.
thoothukudisaran@gmail.com

thoothukudisaran
22nd April 2009, 10:23 PM
'manasukul mathapu" is one of my best movies of prabhu.he looked very cute and wud have acted brilliantly in that movie.

Eventhough the movie "Manasukkull Mathaappu" is a remake movie, it shows the innocent talent of Prabhu. He proved his talent and got the FilmFare Award for Best Actor.

Saran. 8-)

groucho070
23rd April 2009, 07:03 AM
thoothukudisaran, thanks for visiting this thread on and off. I revived it sometimes back and have not been following up.

Can anyone, who has seen Ayyan, write a thing or two about Prabhu's performance in that movie here? Thanks.

Thalafanz
23rd April 2009, 07:09 AM
Rakesh bro, I watched A AA E EE yesterday. Prabhu sir is the only saving grace among the bunch of amateurs. :)

groucho070
23rd April 2009, 07:47 AM
Rakesh bro, I watched A AA E EE yesterday. Prabhu sir is the only saving grace among the bunch of amateurs. :) :D Thanks bro. Nice to hear that. NOV oorla illaiyaa? Antha thread jagajothiyaa parakkuthu?

sarna_blr
20th May 2009, 02:29 PM
Ayan - Prabhu 8-)

Prabhu should stop acting in Rajini/Kamal movies where he is made dummy :hammer: :hammer: and start acting in younger generations movies where he gets more importance :yes:

groucho070
20th May 2009, 02:35 PM
Thanks Sarna.

As Murali-sar remarked, let's hope he doesn't become another Vijaya Kumar with so many assignments. He should continue to chose the role carefully. Heck, there are also leading roles he can do where he does not have to be young (think Muthal Mariyathai) . All his life, he has been defying the "hero rules" by playing lead roles with that weight, so he should go with the flow and chose roles that are right for his age and, well, size. Why not?

jaaze
20th May 2009, 02:36 PM
Prabhu was 8-) in Billa 2007 too

But Prabhu had some hilarious comedy in Vasool Raja too :roll:

and of course some unintentional comedy in Chandramukhi :oops:

groucho070
20th May 2009, 02:39 PM
He had natural chemistry with Ajith in Billa and was well used. The character is definitely, err, fleshier than original.

I agree on VR and CM, he could have been better used. We discussed about that already in this thread.

Plum
20th May 2009, 03:07 PM
In CM, Prabhu did well as I argued before. It is just that the character doesnt conform to our notions of a "manly", "macho" etc. Groucho, in Manichitrathazhu, there were hints of the nagulan(prabhus character) being impotent, and neglecting of his wife as a result(part guilt, part inability), a bit of a wimp. In the whole of CM, the only one to catch the spirit of the original was Prabhu, and this despite Vasu's direction obscuring this fact, his acting revealed the hints. That is class, in my book.

groucho070
20th May 2009, 03:15 PM
Yeah, Plum. We have discussed that, as did Murali-sar also. Maybe if I had seen the original, I might be able to understand the role better and appreciate Prabhu here. But seeing Manichitrathazu may also result in me pricking P. Vasu's voodoo doll :twisted:

Plum
20th May 2009, 03:37 PM
Indeed, groucho. In MCT, the pieces fit together. Nagulan neglects his wife. The wife has psychological issues, buys into the Nagavalli theory. And pertinently, her villain is...nagulan himself - and that fits in psychologically very well. Because Nagulan, her husband with his impotency, is the hurdle between her and her dream lover(which is again Nagulan himself but in her idealised form). So, psychologically, it fits in that she considers him the hurdle and tries to kill him. In Tamil, shifting that onus to Rajni, comes out of nowhere and doesnt buttress the multiple personality theory - there is no underlying psychological reason for her to consider Rajni's character as the hurdle between her and her lover. The real Ganga, and the Chandramukhi have absolutely no common underpinnings in common. The pieces dont fit together. You cannot appreciate that story unless you see MCT. You must see it.

Thalafanz
20th May 2009, 03:38 PM
Happen to watch Something Something Unakkum Enakkum 2 days ago. Really liked Prabhu's acting. A very calm acting. :cool:
Rakesh bro, try this. I'm sure u will like it. :)

jaaze
20th May 2009, 04:08 PM
In Tamil, shifting that onus to Rajni, comes out of nowhere and doesnt buttress the multiple personality theory - there is no underlying psychological reason for her to consider Rajni's character as the hurdle between her and her lover. The real Ganga, and the Chandramukhi have absolutely no common underpinnings in common. The pieces dont fit together. You cannot appreciate that story unless you see MCT. You must see it. Did you even watch the Tamil version? There is no scene where Jothika considers Rajini as a hurdle between her lover.

Plum
20th May 2009, 05:07 PM
Precisely the point jaaze. What motivation she has to villify Rajni's character? MCT had that motivation which explain and justifies the psychological disorder both from symptom and consequence POV. CM is just a disjointed exercise where things happen randomly - and if they had left it like Arundhati as myth mumbo jumbo then fine but they choose to talk about psychology and multiple personality. So, the kolai veri for Rajni that Jyothika must have a psychological reason - which is not explained or hinted in the movie. The only possible psychological explanation for Jyothika's targetting Rajni in her CM avatar is that Saravanan covets his friend's wife just like Vettaiyan coveted the dancer CM - obviously, that is neither hinted nor possible since Rajni is playing that role of Dr Saravanan. This is the only way Saravanan could have stood between Jyothika and her lover. Obviously, that explanattion doesnt wash so the psychological angles used are pointless and not justified in the movie.

OTOH, I would say Anniyan married the psychological symptoms and consequences relatively better though it had its own flaws.

jaaze
20th May 2009, 05:36 PM
I am not a fan of that movie but I would like to explain somethings.

Rajini would go in disguise of Vettayan and challenged her to kill him on Dhurgashtami - that is the only reason why Jothika wants to kill him. CM now thinks Rajini is Vettayan and wants to seek revenge on him.

You seem to have completely ignored this and confused with MCT.

Jothika does want to kill Prabhu who she thinks is her hurdle between her lover, but the lover here refers to Vineeth, whom CM assumes as her real lover whom was killed by Vettayan. That is shown when she tries to kill Prabhu many times.

And yes I agree the psychological terms are used very loosely and explanation in detail by means of scenes is very poor. What much can you expect from a P Vasu film? :P

sarna_blr
20th May 2009, 05:36 PM
Plum :shock: P.Vasu direct panna padaththula logic, continuity, justification, explaination etc ellaam edhirpaakkureenga :omg:

jaaze
20th May 2009, 05:39 PM
Plum :shock: P.Vasu direct panna padaththula logic, continuity, justification, explaination etc ellaam edhirpaakkureenga :omg:avatrai ellam P Vasu padathula expect pannaa 4 sins :P

Plum
20th May 2009, 06:48 PM
Sarna, jaaze: Adhellam vasu kitta edhir paarkalai. Illainu solraen avlo dhaan. The original point was that when Vasu had totally mislaid the conept of the original, if you remove which the movie and the story are ordinary, Prabhu actually caught a subtle nuance of the original.

jaaze, you are confusing the mundane reasons with psychological reaosns. I dont care about the external, half-baked reasons that are quoted in the movie for Jyo to go after Rajni. But if he brought in psychology, then he owed us a reasonable explanation. As I said, when you cannot justify it, you might as well have packaged it like Arundhati as mumbo jumbo. Its not as if Rajni fans would have rejected it anyway.

Nerd
20th May 2009, 10:57 PM
EKSI perhaps is the most famous unintentionally funny dialogue in the past few years. I have seen both MCT and CM and I think vasu's script was only slightly different from the original. (Prabu became a dummy and more scenes for Rajini)Script ellAm OK but Vaachu faltered big time in the execution/treatment. Very amateurish in comparison with the original.

Prabhu was OK in Ayan and BillA, terrible in all other films. SSUE ellAm mudila, bayanggara overacting :cry:

bimmer
21st May 2009, 02:26 AM
EKSI perhaps is the most famous unintentionally funny dialogue in the past few years. I have seen both MCT and CM and I think vasu's script was only slightly different from the original. (Prabu became a dummy and more scenes for Rajini)Script ellAm OK but Vaachu faltered big time in the execution/treatment. Very amateurish in comparison with the original.

Prabhu was OK in Ayan and BillA, terrible in all other films. SSUE ellAm mudila, bayanggara overacting :cry:

I thought he did a decent Job in SSUE; I could not stand him in VRMBBS and CM Though...

m_23_bayarea
21st May 2009, 02:27 AM
SSUE ellAm mudila, bayanggara overacting :cry:

Disagree! I thought he was awesome in that movie (only in recent times)... :P 8-) :P

Nerd
21st May 2009, 02:53 AM
OK Let's disagree :lol:

jaiganes
21st May 2009, 04:43 AM
konjam sirikkaama disagree panradhu..
kozandhainga manasu kashtapadudhulla.

groucho070
21st May 2009, 06:45 AM
:clap: Prabhu thread-u oduthunggoo :D

jaaze
21st May 2009, 07:00 AM
:clap: appadiye Jr. Sivaji kkum oru thread pottu ottiduvom.. Atha paarthavathu avarukku opportunities varattum :D

Paavam.. periya nambikkayoda film career aarambichaaru :sigh2:

groucho070
21st May 2009, 07:04 AM
Kalai kudumbam, the urge is always there. I think he is now working with his dad in that sumaall production house :wink:

Raikkonen
21st May 2009, 08:49 AM
:clap: appadiye Jr. Sivaji kkum oru thread pottu ottiduvom.. Atha paarthavathu avarukku opportunities varattum :D

Paavam.. periya nambikkayoda film career aarambichaaru :sigh2:

iruthalum muga vettu nu onnu irukulla.. prabhu and sivaji both had 'superstar' looks and were easier to get behind..

jr.sivaji kellam blade- aala keeruna than mugavettu...

Plum
21st May 2009, 11:42 AM
Nerd, CMkum MCT-kum minor difference-a?
Too much. Ella scriptleyum essence is small dhaan. Adhukkaga Essenceaiye eduthuttu, minor changenu sonna eppadi?

Infact, Bhool Bhulaiya was a scene by scene remake almost of MCT still it missed the essence - watch Shiney Ahuja nurdling Vidya Balan like there were no tomorrow - again the essence of the story/concept bulldozed away. So it is not about how many scenes you retain - even the loss of 1 key shot can totally divert the derivative movie away completely from the original path. I find it uncomfortable when closeness to original is measured in terms of no. of similar scenes or shots.

HonestRaj
21st May 2009, 10:53 PM
:clap: Prabhu thread-u oduthunggoo :D

Groucho.. I want to ask u one thing (or any PRabhu fan for that matter)

Do u all like him doing this type of roles.. the ones coming along with hero & getting killed in the end.. I feel, he can produce movies instead of acting like these

Kamal, Rajini kooda nadicharu.. ellam ore settu + senior s + top ranked.. indha Simbhu (silambattam), Surya (Ayan) ivanga kooda ellam ippadi nadikkanuma?

Thalafanz
22nd May 2009, 06:14 AM
Do u all like him doing this type of roles.. the ones coming along with hero & getting killed in the end.. I feel, he can produce movies instead of acting like these

Avar full time producer AgittA, we will lose a very good actor/character artiste. :)

Kamal, Rajini kooda nadicharu.. ellam ore settu + senior s + top ranked.. indha Simbhu (silambattam), Surya (Ayan) ivanga kooda ellam ippadi nadikkanuma?

InimEl, avar hero-vA nadikkaratha vida, character roles pannA nallA irukkum. Neengga kuRippitta juniors kooda thArAlamA nadikkalAm, IMO. It's just that he needs to choose his role very carefully where the audience can feel his presense and impact of his roles.
I just don't want him to be another Prakash Raj. :)

groucho070
22nd May 2009, 07:02 AM
HR,

I agree with Thalafanz, except that he is already a producer via NT's film company, long time ago.

If this was Hollywood, by now he would be in the same company as Christopher Walken, Ed Harris, Gary Oldman or John Malkovich, the kind of supporting actors that can be seen in mainstream, high budget or low budget arthouse productions, and the kind of stars that award committees will not shy from nominating.

What to do? Like NT, he was born into the industry that does not appreciate good onscreen acting performances, and reward mediocrity and welcomes wannabes.

I am not sure why he is appearing in those films. He seemed to have enough money, seeing that his dad's film company is doing well. Is he still enthusiastic about acting? Not sure, if not why do one film too many? Maybe he is just a nice guy, like how his father went on obliging to many filmmakers and end up doing crappos.

There is still more to him that need to be explored. He can never be NT. But he can still be different than NT. Looking at the kind of talents flourishing now, I feel he had been terribly overlooked as an artist, woefully underused as an onscreen performer, and underrated as a serious actor.

Ithukku meela enna sollurathunu theriyila :(

jaaze
22nd May 2009, 07:22 AM
Groucho, I can feel :)

Sarna
24th May 2009, 07:14 PM
Surya (Ayan) ivanga kooda ellam ippadi nadikkanuma?

Prabhu: Gem of an actor and has pulled out a lovely performance. Lots to look forward to from this guy in the coming years.

HR :) Ayan (http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=1797273#1797273)

but sombu kooda nadichchadhu magaa kutramdhaan :evil: :x

hattori_hanzo
25th May 2009, 07:48 PM
Did anyone find MCT / CM's story similar to Hitchcock's Vertigo or is it only me? :huh:

Vertigo's story:
A cop is asked to investigate the strange behaviour of his old friend's wife, who is possessed by her dead grandmother's spirit.

The two movies are entirely different in plot, execution, acting etc but the basic premise is one and the same.

hattori_hanzo
25th May 2009, 08:05 PM
Just noticed that Gounder-Crazy Mohan combo has made several movies and most of these are Prabhu starrers:-

Vietnam Veedu, Chinna Vathiyaar(Plasafy), Thedinen Vandhadhu, Indhian

P_R
25th May 2009, 08:21 PM
Indhian-la yEdhu Prabhu ?
And dialogues were by Sujatha. Perhaps Crazy would have worked with GM for the comedy portions.

HonestRaj
25th May 2009, 10:34 PM
I don't think Groucho & TF understood what I meant.. let me comeback once the upcoming Barath's movie get released (Thambikku indha ooru)

hattori_hanzo
25th May 2009, 10:52 PM
And dialogues were by Sujatha. Perhaps Crazy would have worked with GM for the comedy portions.

PR, there's no Prabhu in Indhian. Thats why I said 'most of these movies' :)

Dig:
And yes, some of the dialogues in Indhian seem to have 'Crazy' flavour in them, like "Yedukkavo Korkkavo", "Panni Selvam, rrrr'a vittutteenga'. He also plays a role in the movie.

End Dig

Thalafanz
6th August 2009, 07:34 PM
Nice song dedicated to all Prabhu lovers :)

Chinna Chinna ThooraL enna

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A49QgxWLlSQ&feature=related

Cute Expressions :)

VinodKumar's
6th August 2009, 10:22 PM
Nice song dedicated to all Prabhu lovers :)

Chinna Chinna ThooraL enna

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A49QgxWLlSQ&feature=related

Cute Expressions :)

enakku romba pudicha song .... en player intha song eppovatchum paaduna kooda irukavangalam kalaipanga :?

athunala intha song ah public la podurathae illa head phone potta mattum thaan ...

groucho070
7th August 2009, 08:00 AM
Thanks TF. In the arena of "cute"ness, Prabhu's varisu is no doubt Madhavan...but that does not dismiss the fact that both are fine actors.

HonestRaj
10th August 2009, 09:44 PM
Prabhu-ku adutha release ready....... a biggie....

KANDASAMY

AudazJay
11th August 2009, 07:45 AM

KANDASAMY

Oh, avarum Kadasamyil irukara?At last, a good reason to catch the film :2thumbsup:

Hope they make a good use of his talents in this film. I thought he was totally wasted in Billa and Ayan.

He was much better in the movie with the Vishal and Nadhiya :thumbsup: Padam peyar marandhuthen :confused2:

HonestRaj
11th August 2009, 07:48 PM
Thamirabarani

Thalafanz
15th August 2009, 06:21 PM

KANDASAMY

Oh, avarum Kadasamyil irukara?At last, a good reason to catch the film :2thumbsup:

Hope they make a good use of his talents in this film. I thought he was totally wasted in Billa and Ayan.

Yeah right. Pls do watch Malai Malai. Prabhu's best role as character artist so far...

Thalafanz
22nd August 2009, 07:15 AM
How is Prabhu's role and performance in Kanthasamy??? :)
Groucho bro, have u watched or intend to???

MADDY
22nd August 2009, 09:46 AM

KANDASAMY

Yeah right. Pls do watch Malai Malai. Prabhu's best role as character artist so far...

:rotfl:

mr_karthik
22nd August 2009, 01:14 PM

KANDASAMY

....and in 'kusElan' too. In that film he has no dialogues except "ellArum thaLLi pOnga.. thaLLi pOnga".

groucho070
24th August 2009, 07:19 AM
:lol: Poor Prabhu.

Yoga, I might watch it. The thing is I hope there is no Vikram "attempt to act" there. My future wife is not a fan, either (Let's watch Tamizh film-nu sonnaa...Maddy, I want Maddy-nu addict mathiri peesuthu). But I might catch it just for the heck of writing a spicy review :wink: Okay...okay, at least it has Prabhu and Vadiveloo.

Sarna
24th August 2009, 09:10 AM
Asusual Prabhu was good in Kandhasamy :)

VENKIRAJA
24th August 2009, 09:13 AM

PR, there's no Prabhu in Indhian. Thats why I said 'most of these movies' :)

Dig:
And yes, some of the dialogues in Indhian seem to have 'Crazy' flavour in them, like "Yedukkavo Korkkavo", "Panni Selvam, rrrr'a vittutteenga'. He also plays a role in the movie.

End Dig

Balakumaran kadhai udhavi mattum thaana?

RAGHAVENDRA
20th October 2009, 06:42 PM
[tscii]The son of legendary actor Sivaji Ganesan, Prabhu is a talent powerhouse who dabbles in varying genres of cinema.Uma Kannan spends time with the adorable actor.
On Chennai
Although I did my schooling in Bangalore, I was always excited to come back to Chennai and nothing can be like home.
Favourite places
I love eat-outs and I miss the Woodlands Drive-in. Though there still are a couple of drive-ins, none of them can match Woodlands. I love dining at 601 at The Park; the food there is amazing. Besides these, I spend my early mornings at Madras Riding School, where I used to ride horses earlier. I have stopped now as I don’t want to trouble them. I go for a walk there, catch up with my colleagues and have coffee. My father was a member there and I got the fascination from him.

Shopping with grand children
I frequent Ispahani Centre with my daughter, grand children and daughter-in-law for shopping. We also visit Spencer Plaza and Citi Centre. Being spotted in public is not a bad thing. Chennaiites are polished and they don’t disturb you. They just stop to say ‘hi’ and move on. It is always nice to go out as I get to see the public life and I enjoy it.Being in a joint family, Prabhu says, “Every Sunday is a get-together time for our family. When my father was alive, he made it a point for the family to bond and spend quality time.”
On Mani Rathnam
He is very humble and modest. 'Raavan' is the third film I am working in with him, after 'Agni Natchathiram' and 'Anjali'. He was my brother Ramkumar’s classmate and our fathers were good friends too. In 'Raavan', I have a great role to play and my part is completed.
I got the opportunity to meet a number of Hindi artistes during the shoot. There was just one shot that was taken in Tamil; the others were in Hindi. Mani Rathnam gives in his 100 percent in a film and I admire him for that. 'Raavan' stars Vikram in Tamil and Abhishek Bachchan in Hindi. It is coming out very well and I had a great time shooting for it.

(source:http://entertainment.expressbuzz.com/entertainment/Entertainstory.aspx?Title=The%20proud%20son,%20Pra bhu&artid=zoY/2pIH9Zo=&SectionID=tHzSeri|WGs=&MainSectionID=tHzSeri|WGs=&SEO=legendary+actor+Sivaji+Ganesan,+Prabhu&SectionName=KeHdpZ5AfB0= )

Plum
20th October 2009, 07:02 PM
[tscii:70f4b8c581]
Besides these, I spend my early mornings at Madras Riding School, where I used to ride horses earlier. I have stopped now as I don’t want to trouble them
Channelling his father's sense of humour here...as I have always felt, he is someone whose self-deprecating humour came in the way of realising his full potential.[/tscii:70f4b8c581]

rangan_08
20th October 2009, 07:29 PM
Asusual Prabhu was good in Kandhasamy :)

Vadivelu's comment on Prabhu in K.Swamy.....he would say this is a hush tone..." aalu bulk-a vera irukkaru " :D

groucho070
21st October 2009, 10:04 AM
[tscii:d26b336a42]
Besides these, I spend my early mornings at Madras Riding School, where I used to ride horses earlier. I have stopped now as I don’t want to trouble them
Channelling his father's sense of humour here...as I have always felt, he is someone whose self-deprecating humour came in the way of realising his full potential.[/tscii:d26b336a42]Very true. In NT's memoir, NT expressed his regret that Prabhu was always being compared to NT, and said that he is a much better actor than what we know. He needed good directors to bring out the best from him. Appo sariya nadakkula, but at least he gets to shine as supporting actor now. I am beginning to hear this "can watch for Prabhu" recommendations coming.

rangan_08
21st October 2009, 07:16 PM
[tscii:ffa7eab6b5]Prabhu ought to be appreciated for donning the role of Dhushyanth in “ Rajarishi “. Like every other typical young actor, Prabhu was also busy romancing the ladies in those glossy costumes. And suddenly he choose to do this mythological film ( dad’s advise ???). Well, Vijayakanth was another leading hero who was bold enough to give it a shot.

Everyone knows that doing a mythological film is not an easy job. It was really wise of Prabhu to do this film which gave him hands on experience to understand the nuances of making various genres of films. It could have also helped him to harness his versatility.

And fortunately, Prabhu’s sincerity and hard work paid him well in the form of Rajarishi’s huge success and he should have been proud to be a part of the team. Of course, the main reason for the success is none other than “ VISHWAMITHRA “ himself.

Prabhu is now ripe & rich with experience and it is high time for TFI to make maximum use of this talented and seasoned actor.

Now that many young talented writers and directors are surfacing in the industry and proving themselves, Sivaji Productions should spot such a talent and make a film which gives ample scope for Prabhu to exhibit his acting prowess.
[/tscii:ffa7eab6b5]

Plum
21st October 2009, 08:10 PM
Prabhu = bleddy wasted talent. indhila irundhirundhA, ennamA use paNNi iruppainga. Boman IranillAm thookki sApda kUdiya talent nammALu kitta irukku. Avaru hanuman maadhiri - appappO yaaravadhu remind paNNanum

RAGHAVENDRA
1st December 2009, 05:26 PM
இளைய திலகம் பிரபுவின் திரையுலக சாதனைகள், பட விவரங்கள் பற்றிய புதிய இணையதளம், www.ilaiyathilagamprabhu.com, துவங்கப் பட்டுள்ளது. தற்போதைக்கு முகப்பு மட்டும் மிக மிக விரைவில் முழு அளவில் வடிவம் பெறும்.

தங்கள் கருத்துக்களை எதிர் நோக்கும்

ராகவேந்திரன்

MADDY
1st December 2009, 10:12 PM
I am beginning to hear this "can watch for Prabhu" recommendations coming.

only regret of not having watched Ayan is Prabhu.......heard its one of his best :) ......there are some movies which can be viewed solely for Prabhu's sake....cant wait to see him in Ashokavanam 8-)

Bala (Karthik)
1st December 2009, 10:16 PM
cant wait to see him in Ashokavanam 8-)
:yes:

groucho070
3rd December 2009, 11:50 AM
I am beginning to hear this "can watch for Prabhu" recommendations coming.

only regret of not having watched Ayan is Prabhu.......heard its one of his best :) No, not his best. But well used. Ayan has lots of other things going for it if you have not seen the Bourne movies and the recent OO7 flick.

......there are some movies which can be viewed solely for Prabhu's sake....cant wait to see him in Ashokavanam 8-)Frankly I feel his role would be small...hopefully is important too, ala Mithun in Guru.

Aalavanthan
3rd December 2009, 10:35 PM
Charismatic :yes:
Affable 8-)
Underrated :huh:

A person with more than 100 films under his belt. Not sure why he is underrated. While he was gaining some pounds, he was losing his place here.. Its for obvious reasons that during the reign of Kamal and Rajini that any other person who made it big to the industry could go unnoticed.

But again, he is having a wonderful second innings now and we hope he will continue this and act as a father to Diya, daughter of Surya :)

HonestRaj
4th December 2009, 06:18 PM
looks like he is there in ASAL too...

mail'la vandha stils rendula ivarum irundharu

rangan_08
30th December 2009, 08:43 PM
Wishing a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to ILAYA THILAGAM.

(30/12/2009)

Murali Srinivas
30th December 2009, 11:54 PM
டிசம்பர் 31 அன்று பிறந்தநாள் காணும்

சூரக்கோட்டை சிங்கக்குட்டிக்கு

ராஜா வீட்டுக் கன்னுக்குட்டிக்கு

அன்னை இல்லத்தின் ராஜகுமாரனுக்கு, சின்னவருக்கு

தமிழ் திரையுலகின் இளைய திலகத்திற்கு

இனிய பிறந்த நாள் வாழ்த்துகள்

இது போல் மேலும் பல சிறந்த பிறந்த நாட்கள் உங்களுக்கு அமையட்டும்.

அன்புடன்

RAGHAVENDRA
31st December 2009, 05:21 AM
இன்று பிறந்த நாள் காணும் இளைய திலகம் பிரபு அவர்களுக்கு நமது நடிகர் திலகம் இணைய தளம் மற்றும் பிரபு இணைய தளம் சார்பிலும் மற்றும் என் தனிப்பட்ட சார்பிலும் உளமார்ந்த பிறந்த நாள் நல்வாழ்த்துக்கள்.

ராகவேந்திரன்

groucho070
31st December 2009, 06:37 AM
Belated Birthday to Ilaya Tilagam Prabhu Ganesan. Hope you take care of your health and continue with your new avatar as character artiste (whatever it means) and come out with gems :D

Plum
31st December 2009, 10:07 AM
My wish for Prabhu - grow beyond the tamil cinema definition of 'character artiste'. (I.e.) Not become the next gen vijayakumar, which, I think, is where he is headed if tf goes in its traditional direction. Oru om puri rangeku nalla characters amainju he should do his talent atleast belated justice.
(Saw ayan in telugu the other day. - that scene before his death scene where he authoritatively holds the villain and surya away from each other - for a moment, letting the animal in him show itself to the villain. Nuance-na nuance apdi oru nuance. Mind boggling that we used him for chinna thambis and senthamxixh paattus in his prime)

itsbabu52
31st December 2009, 11:29 AM
Birthday wishes to Prabhu Ganeshan

http://ajithforall.blogspot.com/2009/12/ajithforall-birthday-wishes-to-actor.html

groucho070
31st December 2009, 11:36 AM
(Saw ayan in telugu the other day. - that scene before his death scene where he authoritatively holds the villain and surya away from each other - for a moment, letting the animal in him show itself to the villain. Nuance-na nuance apdi oru nuance. Mind boggling that we used him for chinna thambis and senthamxixh paattus in his prime) :exactly: What to do? :(

P_R
31st December 2009, 12:25 PM
Mind boggling that we used him for chinna thambis and senthamxixh paattus in his prime)
Well there is this impish fun part to him that was used well in My Dear MarthaNdan type films.

I hope they continue to tap into that and don't turn him into a sober old fogey.

Plum
31st December 2009, 12:28 PM
Yeah, MDM caught him well. There is not much hope, P_R; reality is he'll go the Vijayakumar way. We can only wish as with his father.

Bala (Karthik)
31st December 2009, 01:59 PM
My wish for Prabhu - grow beyond the tamil cinema definition of 'character artiste'. (I.e.) Not become the next gen vijayakumar, which, I think, is where he is headed if tf goes in its traditional direction. Oru om puri rangeku nalla characters amainju he should do his talent atleast belated justice.
(Saw ayan in telugu the other day. - that scene before his death scene where he authoritatively holds the villain and surya away from each other - for a moment, letting the animal in him show itself to the villain. Nuance-na nuance apdi oru nuance. Mind boggling that we used him for chinna thambis and senthamxixh paattus in his prime)
:thumbsup:

saradhaa_sn
31st December 2009, 02:32 PM
உருவத்தில் அண்ணனாக, உள்ளத்தில் குழந்தையாக உலாவரும் எங்கள் அன்புச்சகோதரர் 'இளைய திலகம்' பிரபு அவர்களுக்கு பிறந்த நாள் நல்வாழ்த்துக்கள்.

புத்தாண்டில், இன்னும் பல புதிய சிகரங்களைத்தொட இதயம் நிறைந்த வாழ்த்துக்கள்.

Murali Srinivas
7th February 2010, 10:09 PM
When I read this, it was as if a long standing wish of mine getting fulfilled, though Prabhu cannot match NT. Now coming to the news,

Prabhu is set to act in a new Malayalam movie. Titled "Pramani" [can be loosely translated as important person], this movie has Mammootty as hero. Scripted and directed by B.Unnikrishnan, this movie is almost 2/3 over. Here Mammootty acts in a role of a Panchayat President and a Corrupt one at that. Prabhu is going to do a cameo here and according to news appearing, he is the one who is making the hero to enter politics and do corrupt practises. Looks like a character with shades of grey(!) [Plum, your cup of tea]

I had always dreamt of the combo of NT and Mammootty. When a project was announced with NT as father and M as son, to be directed by Joshy, my joy knew no bounds. But that was the time the Singapore incident [NT swooning on the stage] happened and this project got postponed only to be shelved later.

Now with Prabhu joining hands with Mam, hope he comes out with a good output just like his breezy stint in Kaala Paani matching Lal.

Regards

venkkiram
8th February 2010, 02:08 AM
பிரபுவின் நடிப்பில் நான் ரசித்த சில படங்களில் முதல் வரிசையில் வருவது "பொன்மனம்". இயல்பான, அதே வேளையில் தியாக உணர்வை வலியுறுத்தும் பாத்திரத்தில் பிரபு அசத்தியிருப்பார்.

அறுவடை நாள், சிறைச்சாலை, டூயட், உழவன், சார்லி சாப்ளின், பசும்பொன், அஞ்சலி, அரங்கேற்ற வேளை போன்ற படங்களில் பிரபுவின் நடிப்பு மிகவும் ஈர்த்தது.

Guru-V
9th February 2010, 08:53 AM
his role in thillalangadi is going to be a funny one i believe as father of jeyam ravi

Murali Srinivas
17th February 2010, 12:13 AM
Prabhu is set to act in a new Malayalam movie. Titled "Pramani" [can be loosely translated as important person], this movie has Mammootty as hero.

Prabhu has joined the shoot and here are some snaps.

http://i45.tinypic.com/1orssh.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/1orssh.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/spj7uw.jpg

Regards

Murali Srinivas
11th March 2010, 12:05 AM
அபூர்வமாகவே தொலைக்காட்சி பார்க்கும் நேரங்களில் ஒரு காட்சி சட்டென்று கவனத்தை ஈர்த்தது. கோவிலுக்கு தாய் தந்தையுடன் வரும் பெண். நடிகர்களை பார்த்தவுடன் ஒரு வேளை சென்ற வருடம் வெளியான அ ஆ இ ஈ படமாக இருக்குமோ என்று நினைத்து பார்த்தால் காட்சியமைப்பு நாடோடிகள் படத்தில் வந்தது போல் அமைந்திருந்தது. காரில் காத்திருக்கும் காதலன், மிகுந்த மனக்குழப்பத்துடன் வரும் பெண், காரின் அருகில் வந்ததும் கார் கதவு திறக்க அதில் ஏறாமல் தாண்டி சென்று தந்தையின் கைகளோடு தன் கையை கோர்த்துக் கொள்கிறாள் அந்த பெண். தந்தை ஒரு புன்முறுவலோடு அந்த பையனை நம்ம வீட்டுக்கு முறைப்படி வந்து பொண்ணு கேட்கச் சொல்லு என்று சொல்ல பெண் முகத்தில் பொங்கும் மகிழ்ச்சியோடு காட்சி நிறைவு பெறுகிறது.

விளம்பரம்தான். மொத்தமே இரண்டு மூன்று நிமிடங்கள்தான். ஒரே வரி வசனம்தான். ஆனால் அந்த பாத்திரத்தின் மிடுக்கையும், தந்தையின் வெளிக்காட்டி கொள்ளாத தவிப்பையும், தன் மகள் தன்னை புறந்தள்ளி விட்டு போகவில்லை என்ற சந்தோஷத்தையும், ஒரு தகப்பனாக மகளின் சந்தோஷத்திற்காக அவளது விருப்பத்திற்கு ஏற்ப விட்டுக் கொடுப்பதையும் என்ன அழகாக வெளிப்படுத்தியிருக்கிறார்!

யார் யாரையோ சிறந்த நடிகர் என்கிறார்கள். கமலையும் ரஜினியையும் தவிர்த்து விட்டு பார்த்தால் எந்த நடிகனால் இதை இப்படி செய்திருக்க முடியும்? நன்றி இளைய திலகம் அவர்களே!

அன்புடன்

groucho070
11th March 2010, 07:04 AM
யார் யாரையோ சிறந்த நடிகர் என்கிறார்கள். கமலையும் ரஜினியையும் தவிர்த்து விட்டு பார்த்தால் எந்த நடிகனால் இதை இப்படி செய்திருக்க முடியும்? நன்றி இளைய திலகம் அவர்களே!100% sir. We are getting more worried by the day, thinking about his career direction (we meaning me and Plum...illa Plum? :P

Plum
11th March 2010, 10:50 AM
யார் யாரையோ சிறந்த நடிகர் என்கிறார்கள். கமலையும் ரஜினியையும் தவிர்த்து விட்டு பார்த்தால் எந்த நடிகனால் இதை இப்படி செய்திருக்க முடியும்? நன்றி இளைய திலகம் அவர்களே!100% sir. We are getting more worried by the day, thinking about his career direction (we meaning me and Plum...illa Plum? :P

ofcourse, grouch.

k_vanan
11th March 2010, 12:59 PM
Aruvadai Naal netruthan parthen. Great acting :thumbsup: :notworthy:

Murali Srinivas
11th March 2010, 11:44 PM
Rakesh,

I brought the thread owner back here.

Yes, I too have the same feeling and in fact I expressed it some months back in these pages. Last week saw his face in Thambiku Endha ooru posters. Wondering why he is doing such films. Haven't seen any reviews even in our Hub. Did the movie get released?

Now let me atleast complete what I had started when you opened this thread. Yes the synopsis of Prabhu's movies. Think, I covered upto 1984 - Unga Veetu Pillai. Hope this time, I don't get struck.

Regards

Bala (Karthik)
11th March 2010, 11:51 PM
அபூர்வமாகவே தொலைக்காட்சி பார்க்கும் நேரங்களில் ஒரு காட்சி சட்டென்று கவனத்தை ஈர்த்தது. கோவிலுக்கு தாய் தந்தையுடன் வரும் பெண். நடிகர்களை பார்த்தவுடன் ஒரு வேளை சென்ற வருடம் வெளியான அ ஆ இ ஈ படமாக இருக்குமோ என்று நினைத்து பார்த்தால் காட்சியமைப்பு நாடோடிகள் படத்தில் வந்தது போல் அமைந்திருந்தது. காரில் காத்திருக்கும் காதலன், மிகுந்த மனக்குழப்பத்துடன் வரும் பெண், காரின் அருகில் வந்ததும் கார் கதவு திறக்க அதில் ஏறாமல் தாண்டி சென்று தந்தையின் கைகளோடு தன் கையை கோர்த்துக் கொள்கிறாள் அந்த பெண். தந்தை ஒரு புன்முறுவலோடு அந்த பையனை நம்ம வீட்டுக்கு முறைப்படி வந்து பொண்ணு கேட்கச் சொல்லு என்று சொல்ல பெண் முகத்தில் பொங்கும் மகிழ்ச்சியோடு காட்சி நிறைவு பெறுகிறது.

விளம்பரம்தான். மொத்தமே இரண்டு மூன்று நிமிடங்கள்தான். ஒரே வரி வசனம்தான். ஆனால் அந்த பாத்திரத்தின் மிடுக்கையும், தந்தையின் வெளிக்காட்டி கொள்ளாத தவிப்பையும், தன் மகள் தன்னை புறந்தள்ளி விட்டு போகவில்லை என்ற சந்தோஷத்தையும், ஒரு தகப்பனாக மகளின் சந்தோஷத்திற்காக அவளது விருப்பத்திற்கு ஏற்ப விட்டுக் கொடுப்பதையும் என்ன அழகாக வெளிப்படுத்தியிருக்கிறார்!

யார் யாரையோ சிறந்த நடிகர் என்கிறார்கள். கமலையும் ரஜினியையும் தவிர்த்து விட்டு பார்த்தால் எந்த நடிகனால் இதை இப்படி செய்திருக்க முடியும்? நன்றி இளைய திலகம் அவர்களே!

அன்புடன்
:exactly:

Avadi to America
12th March 2010, 12:10 AM
the cameo role in anjali is very good.... prabhu's action sequences are different from other actors....like known boxer....i think he trained boxing......verification please......

groucho070
12th March 2010, 06:53 AM
A2A, he picked up boxing, dancing, anything to train himself as an actor. Not thoroughly, just what was needed. He boxed well, in Anjali for example, but not what I would call like a thorough professional. But then he is a cop in that movie, not Mohammad Ali.

Murali-sar,
Take your time, sir, I liked your post on the other side defending Prabhu. Time will tell, and is telling, who is better. I suppose Prabhu is going through the same phase his dad went through, whereby he is just doing those roles to please the industry colleagues.

joe
12th March 2010, 08:10 AM
he is just doing those roles to please the industry colleagues.

Yes .He has to avoid this and utilize his potential with really worth characters .Such a genuine talent shouldn't be wasted like this.

groucho070
12th March 2010, 08:45 AM
This is not a new thing for actors. Over there in non-Indian cinema forum, Thilak and I discussed about old Hollywood stars who are just doing it for money, or to fund their other projects. I think the same applies here except Kamal and Rajini. Kamal is still pushing himself. Rajini is at least involved in interesting projects (not for me, they aren't) and I do see that fire in him still. Sathyaraj, whatever his limitation is, is still very much in love with his career and is occasionally reminding us that if pushed he can be damned good too. Karthik is, to borrow words from NOV, "a spent force". Good actor for that time, but seeing that he can hardly translate into character roles shows his limitation. Ithula comparison with Prabhu vera :banghead: You may bring Ravanan role, but I suspect it will be where he would hardly smile or move his muscle as per contemporary description for "natural acting" and folks would applaud.

Anyway, Prabhu is still in his 50s, there are lots of interesting stuff and roles for that age, if you ask me, which are far more challenging than the roles that require the actor to be "youth". Aana, appadipatta script kidaikalayee? If such scripts and scriptwriters are around, they got themselves a fantastic character actor who can carry the film on his huge shoulder :P . Seeing glimpse of brilliance in mediocre roles just hurts my feeling. What a waste! I repeat, what a waste!!!! :(

Bala (Karthik)
12th March 2010, 10:02 AM
Ithula comparison with Prabhu vera :banghead: You may bring Ravanan role, but I suspect it will be where he would hardly smile or move his muscle as per contemporary description for "natural acting" and folks would applaud.

I was also wondering about the same. Karthik was good in a limited way but definitely not better than Prabhu

Plum
12th March 2010, 03:31 PM
as per contemporary description for "natural acting" and folks would applaud
allOV, Madahvannu key word type paNNinA, indha description use pandra modhO AL nInga dhAngaradhai marakka kudAdhu :evil:

Plum
12th March 2010, 03:33 PM
Couple of thoughts
I did say that Gautam Vishwanath was beyond Karthik's capacity while Ashok was doable for Prabhu. But Manohar played to whatever strenghts Karthik had, and I still believe the Prabhu of 1985-86 wouldnt have been up to it. As said before, Munirathnam might have had to do tinkering, water service etc still I think that was one role which played to all strengths of Karthik.

Having let that out, word for word, Groucho's post is sad truth.

Seeing glimpse of brilliance in mediocre roles just hurts my feeling. What a waste! I repeat, what a waste!!!!

groucho070
12th March 2010, 03:37 PM
as per contemporary description for "natural acting" and folks would applaud
allOV, Madahvannu key word type paNNinA, indha description use pandra modhO AL nInga dhAngaradhai marakka kudAdhu :evil: :lol: Brother, I said the common description for "natural acting" is that, not smiling, not moving facial muscle. My description for natural acting: see Madhavan talends :wink: But that is if I have to use the words "natural acting". Usually there is only two, good acting, bad acting. Abuduthen.

Murali Srinivas
13th March 2010, 12:25 AM
Let me start the brief synopsis of Prabhu's filmography again.

Puthiya Sangamam - Dec 1984

Don't remember much of it. It was a Charuhassan directed movie where I remember Chandrasekar and Suhasini palyed the main roles. It took a bit of time to complete.

Kanni Raasi - 15.02.1985

One of the movies that showed Prabhu can handle comedy and seriousness with equal aplomb. Pandiarajan started off with a hit in his first movie. Prabhu - Revathi combo, Goundamani - Sumithra scenes, Raaja's music all contributed handsomely. The very first scene was a cracker of a begining.

கோவிலில் சாமி பாதத்தில் ஒரு கவரை வைத்து தரும்படி பிரபு கேட்க, அந்த காட்சியில் மட்டும் தலை காட்டும் பாண்டியராஜன் கூட வந்திருக்கும் அவரது அம்மாவின் தொனதொனப்பு தாங்காமல் எந்த கம்பெனிக்கு அப்ளிகேஷன் போடுகிறீர்கள் என்று கேட்க ஒரு பெண்ணின் பெயரை சொல்லி லவ் அப்ளிகேஷன் என்று பிரபு பதில் சொல்ல அப்போது ஆரம்பிக்கும் ரகளை கடைசி வரை தொடரும். முடிவுதான் சோகம்.

Naam Iruvar - 08.03.1985

One of the forgettable movies. Produced by AVM, it brought disrepute for both NT and Prabhu.

Neethiyin Nizhal - 13.04.1985

A film by Bharathi -Vasu, it had Prabhu and Radha in the lead. Started in 1983, this Sivaji Productions movie was struck mid way and NT had to be requested to bail it out. The special appearence of NT in a cop role did not help much.

Watching this movie's opening show on 13th April 1985 in Madurai Meenakshi was a unique experience in the sense, I realised that Prabhu has his own set of fans and these people are not admirers of NT. During the confrontation scene between and NT and Prabhu, these people supported Prabhu and shouted against NT. The threat of a physical clash was looming but it was avoided.

Nermai - 03.05.1985

If my memory serves me right this was another remake. Produced by KRG, NT played as a College Professor and Prabhu as a student. An unintentional act by Prabhu would lead to many piquant situations. But movie didn't do well.

Aduthaathu Albert - 12.07.1985

Directed by GN. Rangaraajan it had Urvashi (?) as heroine. Sort of a love story between a Chritian and Hindu formed the background. Again failed to enthuse the public.

Raaja Rishi - 20.09.1985

This K.Shankar directed Kalaignaanam movie saw Prabhu playing a puranical/historical character (ie) Dhusyanthan for the first time. Nalini was SAkunthalai. As everyone knows NT played Viswamithra. I saw this movie in the first week in Leo [during a visit to Chennai] and again saw huge applause for Prabhu's introduction than NT's. It was an average success.

(to be continued)

Regards

rangan_08
13th March 2010, 02:34 PM
[tscii:b59c98124e]We know that Prabhu has given many hit films. But, the extra ordinary amount of reception the audience gave for two of his films stays vivid in my memory.

1) I saw “ Chinna poove mella pesu “ during first week of its release in Vasanthi theatre. The audience, particularly NT fans, saw almost fifty percent of NT in Prabhu, in this film. The moment the song, “ Ye pulla Karuppayi “ started, that’s it, nobody could control the frenzied audience.

“ ….vaasalile, oodha kathu veesudhadi, mutta vecha kari kuzhambu moolayathan maathudhadi….” – for this particular stanza, Prabhu’s mannerism would be just mind blowing. The audience went berserk and bought the roof down. CPMP is one of Ilaya thilagam’s memorable films.

2) Of course, the legendary “ Chinna thambi “ which I saw in Kamala theatre. The audience reaction was amazing through out the film especially during the song sequences. In “ Povoma oorgolam “, Prabhus gesture for the lines, “ anaigal nooru potaalum adangidamal odum….” invited deafening whistle sounds from the audience.
[/tscii:b59c98124e]

P_R
13th March 2010, 03:03 PM

A film by Bharathi -Vasu, it had Prabhu and Radha in the lead. Started in 1983, this Sivaji Productions movie was struck mid way and NT had to be requested to bail it out. The special appearence of NT in a cop role did not help much.

Watching this movie's opening show on 13th April 1985 in Madurai Meenakshi was a unique experience in the sense, I realised that Prabhu has his own set of fans and these people are not admirers of NT. During the confrontation scene between and NT and Prabhu, these people supported Prabhu and shouted against NT. The threat of a physical clash was looming but it was avoided.

Oh ! Most curious news. :-)

rangan_08
13th March 2010, 05:14 PM

Oh ! Most curious news. :-)

Probably, they are the off-springs of the other pole's fans !! :)

Plum
14th March 2010, 12:06 PM
Unrelated to rangan's posts, and since it was wodehouse fan rangan using the word offspring, I was reminded of the phrase in one of pgw's books, "offspring of unmarried parents" :-)

groucho070
15th March 2010, 06:51 AM
Thanks for the info, Murali-sar. Great to see this thread up and running. To me the most curious news was this:
Puthiya Sangamam - Dec 1984 It was a Charuhassan directed movie You mean, that Charuhassan? :shock:

Bala (Karthik)
15th March 2010, 01:06 PM
But then he is a cop in that movie, not Mohammad Ali.

rangan_08
15th March 2010, 07:05 PM
Unrelated to rangan's posts, and since it was wodehouse fan rangan using the word offspring, I was reminded of the phrase in one of pgw's books, "offspring of unmarried parents" :-)

:lol: since you remember the exact lines, I doubt you to be the oldest member.

Nerd
15th March 2010, 08:41 PM
Ithula comparison with Prabhu vera :banghead:
:twisted:

Who is creating Karthik Vs Prabu?

Murali Srinivas
16th March 2010, 12:38 AM

In a way 1986 proved to be the turning point in Prabhu's career. For someone who was accused of being in the shadow of his father, this man proved that he has got a repertoire of his own. He came out of the self imposed shackles and started out from scratch.

Raja Nee Vaazhga - 10.01.1986

Don't remeber much of the movie except it had Ambika in the lead and it was directed by CVR(?). One of the spill overs from the earlier commitments. Also had to run into rough opposition with Saadhani and Mr.Bharath.

Saadhnai - 10.01.1986

Here of course you cannot blame Prabhu. Any other artist in the same role would have also fared the same way. Ananda Vikatan wrote in it's review that we don't know whether Sivaji would ever direct a movie. But if he does, how he would become the task master can be seen in this movie. It was a perfect fit for NT and he walked away with all honours.

Having said that, Prabhu didn't do it badly either. As the son of a famous director having been brought up in an atmosphere, where he had literally become a sanyasi and who does a U-turn when forcibly made hero of his father's movie, he did his part without any hickups.

This movie turned out to be a big hit bringing in the much needed respite for Prabhu.

Nambinaar Keduvadhillai - 23.05.1986

A movie where he completely turned villan. This K.Shankar directed movie had Sudha Chandran in the lead opposite Prabhu. This was one film that was extensively shot in Sabari Mala, which saw so many cases getting foisted on the crew and Devasom Board authorities.

Prabhu would deceive Jayashree and wash his hands off her. It also had Vijaykanth [as Jayashree's brother?]. Though they never had any combination shots, the climax would be made to look so. But as the Tamil film norm would want, Prabhu repents for the mistake in the climax asking to be forgiven.

This movie was a hit with the ladies. But I also read that the some ladies met Prabhu and asked him not to enact such womaniser roles.

Nallellaam Pournami - 15.08.1986 [நாளெல்லாம் பௌர்ணமி]

Again a character with a negative shade. Long time that I have seen this movie and so couldn't recollect much of the movie. Was not a great shaker at the BO.

Aruvadai Naal - 01.11.1986

The movie that can be safely said to have heralded the second innings of Prabhu.

It had few unique features. Ramkumar made his debut in this movie. Ramu as he is popularily known was the one who was actually tipped to enter movies and that was way back in 1974 when Sridhar was supposed to launch him in the remake of Bobby but that never took off more due to the fact that Ram himself was not favourably inclined. He finally made up his mind but unfortunate to say their uncle VCShanmugam [NT's brother, who took care of Sivaji Productions] passed away suddenly and so Ramkumar had to shoulder responsibility of the production unit making Aruvadai Naal as his swan song.

The second feature was introduction of new faces to various facets of cinema. Sivaji Productions who normally go for the safe bets, this time ploughed for young blood and Prabhu was the man behind this change. He introduced G.M.Kumar as director, R.P.Viswam as the story writer and Pallavi as the heroine. Not known to many is the fact that Prabhu was the only hero who introduced more than 30 new directors in Tamil Cinema.

Now coming back to the movie, it was one of the best performances of Prabhu. As an innocent Village bumpkin who falls in love with the Christian girl, he was fluent. The screen play and dialogue by RPViswam added flair to the proceedings. Raaja's music also helped.

Again it had to compete with Maaveeran, Punnagai Mannan, Lakshmi Vandhachu and not to forget Prabhu's other movie Paalaivana Rojakkal but Aruvadai Naal proved equal to the task and touched the 100 days mark.

Paalaivana Rojakkal - 01.11.1986

A long gap after Vandkkaaran Magan, Kalaingar tasted success with this movie but again the credit has to go to Malayalam. A Film called "Vaartha" directed by I.V.Sasi had created huge ripples in Malayalam and MuKa brought the rights for this movie and penned the dialogues. It had an enviable cast of Prabhu, Sathyaraj and Lakshmi.

When the original was done by great actors, it is natural that heroes of the remake would be under scrutiny. The அடியாள் character [can be classified as the present day கூலிப்படை] Vasu always called as Parole Vasu had been made memorable by Mohanlal and to the credit of Prabhu, it must be said that he did the less spoken rowdy role without much blemish.[though the same cannot be said of Sathyaraj who enacted Mammootty's role].

With Muka in the opposition ranks then choosing to use his language skills against his so called 40 year old friend it had some enjoyable lines [ரயில் என்ஜினை திருடினவனை விட்டுட்டு கரித்துண்டு பொறுக்கினவனை போய் கைது செய்யறீங்களே] that was received well.

Directed by Manivannan, this movie was a BO success and crossed 100 days.

Like Father - Like Son. Like his great father, Ilaya Thilagam also created history when both of his films released on the same day successfully completed 100 days.

Regards

PS: Rakesh, yes - the same Charuhasan

groucho070
16th March 2010, 09:05 AM
Thanks Murali sar, the years are getting more and more interesting. Considering Manivannan directed Palaivana Rojakkal, I am surprised that Sathyaraj's so and so performance there. I liked Prabhu more in it.

Plum, looking at the last two films, I feel he has it in him, and I agree that Manirathnam may have to do some pushing to get the performance out of Prabhu if he were to do, you know, that role. But with newcomer director, he did do wonderful job in Aruvadai Naal, a role P. Vasu shamefully reworked in Chinna Thambi :evil:

Plum
16th March 2010, 03:27 PM
Murali, oru freudian slip-la pumpkin-nu pOttuttInga :-). Prabhu detractors will have a field day with that phrase - mAthidunga.

Aalavanthan
16th March 2010, 03:31 PM
Wonderful ... Looking at the support that Prabhu had in his initial days from the NT fans, I must admit that the theory which says Kamal has everything is indeed false.

Kamal should have had Y chromosome, I say.

rangan_08
16th March 2010, 06:47 PM

Not known to many is the fact that Prabhu was the only hero who introduced more than 30 new directors in Tamil Cinema.

Oh! great.

1986 was indeed a successful year for Prabhu.

A very neat & deftly prepared compilation, Murali sir. Thank you.

PARAMASHIVAN
16th March 2010, 07:32 PM
Ahaa Shivaji sir visiri ellam prabhu kum visiri A ?

I mean , intha hub la

:lol2:

Murali Srinivas
16th March 2010, 11:15 PM
Thanks Plum, done.

Rakesh and Mohan,

Thanks and welcome.

Aalavanthan & Raghu,

The point that just because Prabhu happenes to be the son of NT automatically ensured that he got the support of NT fans is a misplaced notion. Sivaji fans cannot be taken for granted and they will not support anybody just for family ties. If that is the case they would have never allowed Prabhu to slip from the pedestal he was occupying. To give you a more recent pointer is they never even tried to promote Dhusyanth.

Even myself who is writing about Prabhu in these columns was not very enthusiastic about his entry as I felt that he may not be able to fulfill the huge expectations. That thing continued to be there till Aruvadai Nall [though he showed briefly of what he is capable of in Vellai Roja, Kozhi Koovudhu, Chinnansirusugal etc] when I could see and acknowledge that he has that gene in him.

That having said, not for a moment I assume nor do I attempt to influence people with the notion that he is equal to NT. He is much much below that. Because a kalaignan like NT is born once in a yugam. Prabhu is a good actor whom I would place below Kamal and Rajini but far ahead of others.

Like Rakesh and Plum and many others, my grouse is that such genuine talent is not getting the due while mediocrity rules. Just to highlight what he has achieved and what he is capable of, I am writing this.

If you happen to visit any function related to NT, you can immediately see it for yourself. The applause or accolades Prabhu gets when he appears in person in that function would not even match upto 10% of the frenzy that gets generated by the clippings of NT films shown in the same function.

Regards

groucho070
17th March 2010, 07:54 AM
All NT fans are Prabhu fans? :lol: The thought process that went behind the formation of this conclusion is astounding. Following similar logical deduction.

All Muthuraman fans are Karthik fans.
All Sivakumar fans are Surya fans.
All K. Bagyaraj fans are Santhanu fans.
All Sathyaraj fans are Sibi fans.
All Kamal fans are Shruthi fans.

and of course,

All V.R. Rajendhar fans are Simbhu fans. Take your pick :roll:

joe
17th March 2010, 07:57 AM
All NT fans are Prabhu fans? :lol: The thought process that went behind the formation of this conclusion is astounding. Following similar logical deduction.

and of course,

:rotfl:

joe
17th March 2010, 07:59 AM
Sivaji fans cannot be taken for granted and they will not support anybody just for family ties.

:exactly:

Kambar_Kannagi
17th March 2010, 08:23 AM

and of course,

அப்படி அல்ல. ஒரு 'soft corner' இருக்குமே. நாளடைவில் அது ரசிகராக வழிவகுக்கிறது. :)

groucho070
17th March 2010, 08:50 AM
K_K, I liked Prabhu before becoming hardcore fan of NT. In my case, I worked backwards I guess, from Kamal, Rajini, supporting Prabhu, then saw the light that was NT. :D

Kambar_Kannagi
17th March 2010, 01:39 PM
K_K, I liked Prabhu before becoming hardcore fan of NT.

:) அது ஒரு பொதுவான கருத்து.

In my case, I worked backwards I guess, from Kamal, Rajini, supporting Prabhu, then saw the light that was NT. :D

:o

Plum
17th March 2010, 01:54 PM
K_K, it is true of the 80's generation. veLLai rOja, sandhippu ellAm paarthu vaLArndha kUttam :evil: -
engaLukku modhalla Prabhu dhAn Hero, NT character artiste. apramA dhAn we discover NT :-)
(ofcourse, my graph is slightly different, First Rajni then Prabhu then NT then Kamal)

Kambar_Kannagi
17th March 2010, 02:02 PM
K_K, it is true of the 80's generation. veLLai rOja, sandhippu ellAm paarthu vaLArndha kUttam :evil: -

engaLukku modhalla Prabhu dhAn Hero, NT character artiste. apramA dhAn we discover NT :-)

புரிகிறது. ஆனால், எழுபதாம் ஆண்டிலிருந்தவர்களுக்கு நான் சொன்னது ஓரளவு பொருந்தும் என நம்புகிறேன் (சிவாஜி-பிரபு விஷயத்தில்).

(ofcourse, my graph is slightly different, First Rajni then Prabhu then NT then Kamal)

இது இன்னும் விசித்திரமாக இருக்கே (எனக்கு) :)

பி.கு அதற்காக பிரபுவிற்கு இதனால் தான் ரசிகர்கள் என்று சொல்லவில்லை. ஒரு 'முதல் ஈர்ப்பு' என்று தான் சொல்ல வருகிறேன். அதற்கப்புறம், solely on talented Prabhu alone. :)

groucho070
17th March 2010, 02:05 PM
K_K, of course an newcomer being someone prominent's son do attract attention, as did Karthik and Anand Babu then. But that's about it, as you said it's their talent that determines the career path, direction, etc. :D

Kambar_Kannagi
17th March 2010, 02:07 PM
K_K, of course an newcomer being someone prominent's son do attract attention, as did Karthik and Anand Babu then. But that's about it, as you said it's their talent that determines the career path, direction, etc. :D

நிச்சயமாக ஒப்புக் கொள்கிறென்... :D

Aalavanthan
17th March 2010, 05:17 PM
Mr. Murali

That is exactly my point tooo.. I never intend to say that Prabhu was equal to NT and he never can be.. Ennoda aadhangam is that if Kamal had a son, if he is acting now, atleast we get to see some acting skills that his father possess. You guys were proud of NT's son, and I wanted that to happen for Kamal.

Grouch
:lol: at TR & Simbu.. As said, I was mainly pointing the irony that Kamal has no son. Atleast since you all agree that Prabu can be placed about Rajini and Kamal, we would have had an actor whom we can place him as one among the top league of actors. Totally agree that only the performance determines the fan base even for a Sivajison :)

Plum, with you on your posts

Nerd
17th March 2010, 10:09 PM
அப்படி அல்ல. ஒரு 'soft corner' இருக்குமே. நாளடைவில் அது
ரசிகராக வழிவகுக்கிறது. :)

Exactly. Unless the offspring is as bad as say a santhanu or a sibiraj it is bound to happen. Take all NT fans from the hub, (no matter how much ever they try to deny it) one in fact had gone to the extent of creating a website for him. :P

joe
17th March 2010, 10:24 PM
Take all NT fans from the hub, (no matter how much ever they try to deny it)
Atleast I am not .I was never be a fan of Prabhu and never give 0.01 points more for being a son of NT.

Nerd
17th March 2010, 10:31 PM
Fair enough Joe and I am not saying its a bad thing at all. My point is if Karthik happened to be a son of NT, he would have enjoyed better recognition from the hub-NT fans and no one would have banghead-ed for comparing him with Prabhu or for that matter, anyone.

app_engine
17th March 2010, 10:34 PM
I think this vArisu thingy works in both ways.

On the +ve side, it gives them easy entry, soft-corner from dad's fans etc. These all work good in the start-up phase.

OTOH, the possible unjust comparison with the colossal talent of dad hurts. While people will tolerate limitations in the start-up phase, unless the person has a good measure of talent / develops abilities etc, he could prove to be a disgrace.

'புலிக்குப்பிறந்தது பூனையாகுமா' என்ற பேர் கிடைக்கும் வாய்ப்பும் இருக்கிறது, 'வாத்தியார் பையன் முட்டாள்' என்ற வசையும் கிடைப்பது சாத்தியமே :-)

That way, Prabhu got pass marks:-)

joe
17th March 2010, 10:35 PM
My point is if Karthik happened to be a son of NT, he would have enjoyed better recognition from the hub-NT fans and no one would have banghead-ed for comparing him with Prabhu or for that matter, anyone.

Groucho clearly said that he liked prabhu even before he became a fan of NT.

I am not denying that many NT fans have softcorner for Prabhu ,but not all NT fans.

thamiz
20th March 2010, 04:32 AM
Is Prabhu's acting in cinnath thambi is inspired from NT's role in engirunthO vanthaaL? :D

groucho070
20th March 2010, 06:55 AM
Is Prabhu's acting in cinnath thambi is inspired from NT's role in engirunthO vanthaaL? :DIn my opinion, P. Vasu lifted it from Aruvadai Naal. Then, of course, that role had shades of NT in Padikkatha Methai among others. Note that I said "among others", scores of NT roles are inspiration to many roles later :D , bigest "culprit/benefactor" and one who didn't drop the ball was Rajini of course. He took them from NT and made them his own and made them rock! Eg - Mullum Malarum, 6 to 60, Netrikan, Mundru Mugam, Dharmadhurai among others, all lessons in how to be a good sishyan :thumbsup:

HonestRaj
21st March 2010, 01:24 PM
Nambinaar Keduvadhillai - 23.05.1986

Prabhu would deceive Jayashree and wash his hands off her. It also had Vijaykanth [as Jayashree's brother?]. Though they never had any combination shots, the climax would be made to look so.

this is a news to me.. I know about:

Kaalayum neeye maalayum neeye...... but not this one

mindla vechukkaren...

Not known to many is the fact that Prabhu was the only hero who introduced more than 30 new directors in Tamil Cinema.

Murali sir.. idhayum mindla vechukkaren :)

Mahesh_K
27th March 2010, 10:40 AM
[tscii]Few lines about Prabhu's performance from " The Hindu" sreview Thambikku entha ooru.

The saving graces of Thambikku …are just a few – Prabhu's performance.........

...Is it sorrow that makes Prabhu sport the flowing, odd black garb almost throughout? The costume appears too alien — yet whatever the limitations, his enactment has always been commendable. Thambikku …isn't an exception.

குணசித்திர பாத்திரஙளையும் திறமையாக செய்து பாராட்டு பெற்று விடுகிறார் பிரபு. குறிப்பாக ஹிந்து நாளிதழின் சமீக கால திரைப்பட விமரிசனங்ளில் பிரபுவின் நடிப்பு குறித்து தவறாமல் குறிப்பிடப்படுகிறது - படத்தின் ஒட்டு மொத்த விமரிசனம் Negative ஆக இருக்கிற போதும்.

Mahesh_K
27th March 2010, 11:52 AM
Murali Srinivas wrote

In a way 1986 proved to be the turning point in Prabhu's career. For someone who was accused of being in the shadow of his father, this man proved that he has got a repertoire of his own. He came out of the self imposed shackles and started out from scratch.

முற்றிலும் சரி. புதிய இயக்குனர்கள், பொருத்தமான கதாபாத்திரங்கள் என்று பிரபுவின் இந்த அவதாரத்க்கு நல்ல வரவேற்பு கிட்டத் துவங்கியது.

groucho070
29th March 2010, 07:13 AM
Welcome, Mahesh K. Hope to see more posts here, thanks for the above. :D

Murali Srinivas
29th March 2010, 10:29 PM
வருக வருக திரு மகேஷ் அவர்களே. நண்பர் சுவாமி உங்களைப் பற்றி சொல்லியிருக்கிறார். வெகு நாட்களாக silent reader-ஆக இருந்த நீங்கள் இப்போது திரியில் ஒரு பங்களிப்பவராக வந்திருப்பது மகிழ்ச்சி.

Rakesh,

Mahesh is what you were like. An ardent Prabhu Fan who also has a liking for NT.

Regards

Mahesh_K
30th March 2010, 03:03 PM
Thannks Murali sir.

I am always a Sivaji fan since childhood days and will remain as one for ever. We ( myself and like minded friends ) equally love Prabhu . My affection for Prabhu started exactly on 22nd December 1982 , when my 8th std half yearly exam was over & my classmates wanted go for a movie. I proposed NT movie "Nenjagal", but my classmates preferred Athisaya piravikal ( Devar films movie ). I reluctantly went with them, but was very surprised to see the audience response for Prabhu's introductory scene - thunderous applause and whistle. At that point of time, such a response, that too on a Wednesday matinee show, would be there only for MGR & NT. Again after few days Kozhi koovuthu was released in a theatre very close to my house & the opening crowd throughout first week was extraordinary. This again surprised me a lot. So this surprise element coupled with Prabhu's on-screen mannerisms -which obviously would resemble NT many times - made me a Prabhu fan. During discussions with other friends ( i.e Kamal , Rajini fans) we were more comfortable in comparing Prabhu movies with the then emerging superstars , rather than dragging NT in to the discussion. This is how we were known to be more of Prabhu fans.

As you mentioned , I regularly read NT thread and enjoy the contributions of you, groucho070, joe, Pammalar, Ragavendran sir ,sarada madam and many others. I haven't contributed due to 'difficulty in typing Tamil' ( read laziness).

I request you to continue writing about Prabhu movies for the remaining years from where you have left. Thanks

PARAMASHIVAN
30th March 2010, 04:10 PM
Thannks Murali sir.

I am always a Sivaji fan since childhood days and will remain as one for ever. We ( myself and like minded friends ) equally love Prabhu .

Hi

So... becasue you are a shivaji sir fan you like prabhu because he is his son? I am great fan of shivaji sir but I cant become a prabhu fan , because I am great Shivaji sir fan.. equally I am a fan of Karthik, but I am not 'big' fan of muthuraman.

Do we become fan of some one , because we are a fan of their father , mother , brother , sister ?? :roll: :roll: :oops:

At that point of time, such a response, that too on a Wednesday matinee show, would be there only for MGR & NT.

Sorry this a ridiculous statement, Rajnikanth was on Par with MGR and Shivaji those days... then by miles away we had Prabhu, Karthik, VK and Mohan

Mahesh_K
31st March 2010, 12:25 PM
Thannks Murali sir.

I am always a Sivaji fan since childhood days and will remain as one for ever. We ( myself and like minded friends ) equally love Prabhu .

Hi

So... becasue you are a shivaji sir fan you like prabhu because he is his son? I am great fan of shivaji sir but I cant become a prabhu fan , because I am great Shivaji sir fan.. equally I am a fan of Karthik, but I am not 'big' fan of muthuraman.

Do we become fan of some one , because we are a fan of their father , mother , brother , sister ?? :roll: :roll: :oops:

Mr. Paramashivan, My comments were about MYSELF - about how I got attracted towards Prabhu. I haven't talked about any general rule . You have posted comments based on your assumptions, which I did not mean.

Mahesh_K
31st March 2010, 01:23 PM
[tscii:1379c090ea]

Sorry this a ridiculous statement, Rajnikanth was on Par with MGR and Shivaji those days... then by miles away we had Prabhu, Karthik, VK and Mohan

Paramshivam sir…You are entitled to your view, which I am fully aware that this may also be the general view. Pls note that we are talking about a specific period and specific place In this context, I can present some facts to show that your point may not be correct. But then this thread is not meant for any comparison and I am committed to maintain the spirit of the thread, by avoiding any controversy. Sorry if you are offended by any of my comments. If you are interested to know the facts, shall pm you. Pals let me know. Thanks[/tscii:1379c090ea]

saradhaa_sn
31st March 2010, 04:37 PM
வருக மகேஷ்....

நடிகர்திலகம், இளைய திலகம் திரிகளில் உங்கள் ஆரம்ப பதிவுகளே சுவையாக உள்ளன. குறிப்பாக, வாதிக்கும் திறன் நன்றாக உள்ளது. தொடர்ந்து பதியுங்கள். தமிழில்தான் பதிய வேண்டுமென்றிலை. தங்களின் ஆங்கிலமும் நன்றாகவே உள்ளது.

உங்கள் ஆக்கபூர்வமான கருத்துக்களை தொடர்ந்து எதிர்பார்க்கிறோம் (இரு திரிகளிலும்).

Nerd
31st March 2010, 08:13 PM
But then this thread is not meant for any comparison and I am committed to maintain the spirit of the thread, by avoiding any controversy.

At that point of time, such a response, that too on a Wednesday matinee show, would be there only for MGR & NT.

நல்ல வாதிக்கும் திறன் தான் :-)

PARAMASHIVAN
31st March 2010, 08:19 PM
But then this thread is not meant for any comparison and I am committed to maintain the spirit of the thread, by avoiding any controversy.

நல்ல வாதிக்கும் திறன் தான் :-)

Nerd shhhh :lol2:

ithukU apurumum naanga ingE irunthaal :rotfl:

I yaam escaapoo :yessir:

joe
31st March 2010, 08:43 PM
Mahesh,
Are you from Nagercoil ? If Yes, I can understand your claim on fan following for Prabhu ,as i know Prabhu had unbelievable fan base in Nagercoil ,defenitely people from other parts of TN can't imagine or beleive.

groucho070
1st April 2010, 06:51 AM

நல்ல வாதிக்கும் திறன் தான் :-)He was talking about the response and expectation during that period. Read his post carefully. He is not making a Karthik vs Prabhu argument here, which even I am guilty of sometimes.

groucho070
1st April 2010, 06:52 AM

I yaam escaapoo :yessir:Best contribution to this thread :D

Mahesh_K
1st April 2010, 10:24 AM
Mahesh,
Are you from Nagercoil ? If Yes, I can understand your claim on fan following for Prabhu ,as i know Prabhu had unbelievable fan base in Nagercoil ,defenitely people from other parts of TN can't imagine or beleive.

Joe, My native is Tirunelveli, though I have my roots in Nagercoil too. My grandfather (mothers father) was a native of Suchindram. He also lived in Thiruvattar for a long time.

As you rightly said, Prabhu has got a huge fan base in Nagercoil like NT. Many times we have seen an average Prabhu movie running better than most of the hit movies of the time. During Rajakumaran's 100th day celebration in Nagercoil, we found that Prabhu had the maximum no. of 100 day movies in Nagercoil , next only to NT.

joe
1st April 2010, 10:36 AM
Rajakumaran's 100th day celebration in Nagercoil
Yes ..Note that Prabhu's 100th movie Rajakumaran completed 100 days only in Nagercoil ,not even chennai.

Plum
1st April 2010, 12:57 PM
Yes ..Note that Prabhu's 100th movie Rajakumaran completed 100 days only in Nagercoil ,not even chennai.

joe, urakka sollAdhinga. unga oorai nIngaLE kevala paduthara mAdhiri irukku :-)
(With due respects to Prabhu, Rajakumaran was exactly the kind of film he must have avoided)

joe
1st April 2010, 01:02 PM

joe, urakka sollAdhinga. unga oorai nIngaLE kevala paduthara mAdhiri irukku :-)
(With due respects to Prabhu, Rajakumaran was exactly the kind of film he must have avoided)

That is only because of large no of Prabhu fans there and their determination to make prabhu's 100th movie as a 100 days movie ..Athula periya avamaanam irukkuratha enakku theriyalla :)

HonestRaj
1st April 2010, 05:50 PM

I yaam escaapoo :yessir:Best contribution to this thread :D

evvalavo pannittaru.. idhai pannamattara :D

Sarna
2nd April 2010, 01:38 PM
Kozhi koovuthu

directed by gangai amaran.... i have .avi copy

opening song(praising Prabhu and his dad) sung by Ilayaraja is cool.

songs starts like this "சிங்கம் போட்ட சிங்கக் குட்டி நம்ம அண்ணாச்சி "

movie is ok ragam.... but prabhu :bow: endha charactor'naalum prabhu does it excellent... prabhu'vkkaagave paakkalaam :)

groucho070
2nd April 2010, 01:53 PM
In an interview with Mano (Manathodu Mano), it seems initially NT didn't want Prabhu in it, saying he may not be ready for heavy role. But Ganggai Amaran said, the role requires him to hang around and do nothing "velai vetti illama oora sutura character" , to which NT immediately agreed :lol:

Digression: After the success, and due to his own arrogance about the title having nothing to do with the film, GA did another film called Kokkarakoo...(paraphrasing and shortened version of the conversation with Mano)

GA: Padam release producerkitte dates-a talli poodasonnen, yeena makkalukku kaasu illa. Release pannunangga, so Padam oodala.
Mano: Yen odala?
GA: Paavam, makkalukku kaasu illa.
Mano: Yen kaasu illa (I too was expecting recession or some sort of answer).
GA: Ellarum veera padam paartutangga. :lol:

Sarna
2nd April 2010, 07:40 PM
it seems initially NT didn't want Prabhu in it, saying he may not be ready for heavy role

most of the cine-stars carreer spoil aaguradhukku avanga appaakkal dhaan kaaranamaa :oops: paavam prabhu.... wt a waste of talent :(

Plum
2nd April 2010, 08:17 PM
nt was the one who sustained prabhu's career initially by co-starring
Avalai nenachikuttu (sac) uralai idikka koodadhu :evil:

Btw, raajakumaran while a dud, has some kick-ass songs

Plum
2nd April 2010, 08:18 PM
nt was the one who sustained prabhu's career initially by co-starring

Plum
2nd April 2010, 08:18 PM
The matador theme for maaduverattum mayilakaalai is an under noticed gem

Avadi to America
2nd April 2010, 11:09 PM
In an interview with Mano (Manathodu Mano), it seems initially NT didn't want Prabhu in it, saying he may not be ready for heavy role. But Ganggai Amaran said, the role requires him to hang around and do nothing "velai vetti illama oora sutura character" , to which NT immediately agreed :lol:

Digression: After the success, and due to his own arrogance about the title having nothing to do with the film, GA did another film called Kokkarakoo...(paraphrasing and shortened version of the conversation with Mano)

GA: Padam release producerkitte dates-a talli poodasonnen, yeena makkalukku kaasu illa. Release pannunangga, so Padam oodala.
Mano: Yen odala?
GA: Paavam, makkalukku kaasu illa.
Mano: Yen kaasu illa (I too was expecting recession or some sort of answer).
GA: Ellarum veera padam paartutangga. :lol:

yaroda padam ethu....

rangan_08
3rd April 2010, 06:50 PM
Saw parts of Chinna Mapillaiin one of the channels. We all know that it did very well in the box office. A very hilarious film in which Prabhu & Radha Ravi really rocked.

HonestRaj
5th April 2010, 07:46 PM

:?

& GM - Senthil's paal - thapaal :lol:

Murali Srinivas
28th April 2010, 12:42 AM
Pramani

A village story told in a simple manner. A Panchayath President who is bent upon amassing wealth through corrupt illegal means rules the roost in the village. Neither the arrival of new Panchayath Board Secretary [a Govt Employee] who is determined to clean up things, nor the admonishing teacher with whom he shares a special relationship could make him see reason. And when he goes to the extent of sacrificing the entire agriculture land in his village for a soft ware company in return for a huge kickback, things reach a flashpoint.

The protagonist one day suddenly reaslises that money is not everything and tries to turn a new leaf but that is resisted by his own kith and kin which comes as a shocker to him. It almost turns up the whole village against him. As if this is not enough a very serious crime allegation is hoisted on his head. How he wriggles out of the imbroligo he finds himself in forms thr rest of the story.

Not much to boast about, writer director B.Unnikrishnan had sort of a redone his earlier offering Maadambi which also had the same background mileu. For the viewer it is very apparent that the movie is taken forward more by dialogues than visual. The director had tried to highlight some socially relevant issues faced by rural Kerala today like that of agriculture lands being taken away in the name of progress but it is more of a cosmetic in nature.

The character doesn't demand anything extraordinary from Mammootty and he has a stroll in the park. Sneha as Panchayath Board Secretary looks slim and attractive in simple sarees. Lakshmi makes a comeback after a long time and her Rosy teacher is a significant one.

Prabhu - For me it was a disappointment as he turns up just in 4 scenes out of which 3 pass by as background. He has only one scene of dialogue and emoting and ofcourse he does it with elan. Probably the chance to share screen space with Mammootty must have lured him.

Time pass movie.

Regards

groucho070
28th April 2010, 06:42 AM
Thanks for the review, Murali-sar.

As for Prabhu, why am I not surprised that you are disappointed? :(

Mahesh_K
3rd May 2010, 04:51 PM
Pramani

Prabhu - For me it was a disappointment as he turns up just in 4 scenes out of which 3 pass by as background. He has only one scene of dialogue and emoting and ofcourse he does it with elan. Probably the chance to share screen space with Mammootty must have lured him.

Regards

Murali sir, When this movie was launched, Malayalam newspapers have reported that Prabhu is making guest appearance in the movie on the insistance of Mr. Mamootty.

Mahesh_K
3rd May 2010, 05:02 PM
Prabhu’s presence in all 4 south Indian languages

Prabhu's Telugu movie "Darling"'s review

“In the role of Hanmanthu, a jolly modern father, Tamil actor Prabhu’s performance is exhilarating. He brings charm to several scenes.”
Complete review in this Link :
http://tollymusicmasti.blogspot.com/2010/04/darling-2010-telugu-movie-review.html

Prabhu's new malayalam movie "Best of Luck"
http://movies.rediff.com/report/2010/may/03/south-malayalam-first-look-best-of-luck.htm[/font]

Prabhu's Kannada debut
http://sportschat.rediff.com/movies/2009/mar/16sivaji-prabhus-kannada-debut.htm[/tscii:04e29b99ef]

RAGHAVENDRA
5th May 2010, 12:10 AM
Dear friends,
I am sorry to say that Thiru Dhamu @ Dhamodharan, one of the office bearers of South Madras Prabhu Fans Association, left for heavenly abode on 04.05.2010 due to heart attack. He had arranged for distribution of anna dhanam at the Parthasarathy Temple to mark the Brahmothsav. He had supervised the distribution and just left home for another commitment in this regard. Though he was not a hubber, the information is passed on here for his friends in this forum.
He was a very enthusiastic activist of Prabhu Fans Association and it is a loss for not only his family but also to the Prabhu Fans Circle and Ilaiya Thilagam Prabhu.

May his soul rest in peace.

Raghavendran

Murali Srinivas
5th May 2010, 12:21 AM
Pramani

Regards

Murali sir, When this movie was launched, Malayalam newspapers have reported that Prabhu is making guest appearance in the movie on the insistance of Mr. Mamootty.

Dear Mahesh,

The movie was made in quick time. Prabhu was there for just 3 days in the first week of February. Yes, what you are saying is correct. I also read that. But still expected some more scenes for him, which was not to be. Anyhow let us hope that next time it is more meaningful one.

Condolences to Mr.Dhamu's family. RIP!

pammalar
5th May 2010, 01:28 AM
திரு.தாமு அவர்களின் மறைவுக்கு எனது இதயபூர்வமான அஞ்சலி. அவரது ஆன்மா சாந்தியடைய இறைவனைப் பிரார்த்திக்கிறேன். அவரது பிரிவால் வாடும் அத்துணை பேருக்கும் எனது ஆழ்ந்த அனுதாபங்கள்.

பம்மல் ஆர்.சுவாமிநாதன்.

groucho070
5th May 2010, 06:46 AM
R.I.P & condolences to his family.

abkhlabhi
5th May 2010, 04:02 PM
Ilayathilagam Prbhu in Kannada Movie Boss. Going to release shortly.

http://www.chitraloka.com/movie-gallery.html?func=viewcategory&catid=91

app_engine
6th May 2010, 02:34 AM
Was watching dEvar magan on computer and my son (who could not see the screen) asked me is this a movie with the guNdu actor (meant Prabhu).

He was surprised when I told it's Sivaji i.e. his father :-)

Prabhu got his father's simmakkural! Should start choosing very serious roles that suit his voice! (And should shun the aaaaasal kind of kuppais)

Sarna
17th May 2010, 03:49 PM
The "versatile" part needs qualification IMO :)

Let us continue here :)

PARAMASHIVAN
17th May 2010, 03:54 PM
The "versatile" part needs qualification IMO :)

Let us continue here :)

ithu enna kodumai sarna sir :lol2:

Murali Srinivas
23rd May 2010, 08:13 PM

Chinna Thambi Periya Thambi

Manivannan was back with the same successful combination of Prabhu and Sathyaraj. Nadhiya who was at the peak of her career was the heroine. This again had the village mileu and as the Tamil cinema norm would be, both the brothers were uneducated, innocent and mother loving sons. Nadhiya their rich cousin [muraipen]would be in Chennai and by a sudden turn of events she would become poor and move to the village. Both the brothers would love her but she receiprocates it towards Chinna Thambi leading to misunderstanding and complications. How it all gets resolved formed the remaining part.

Prabhu as the innocent Chinna Thambi was fluent and his portrayal won him accolades. The movie was a big commercial success and it celebrated 100 days. There was a debate on who stole the show and I remeber reading an aptly summarised answer to this in a film magazine and it was like this.

படத்தலைப்பில் யார் பெயரை மணிவண்ணன் முதலில் போட்டிருக்கிறாரோ அவர்தான்.

Megam Karuthirukku

A different movie by Rama. Narayanan. A rich educated girl forced to marry a village pumpkin looking dark and ugly, trying to move away from him, posing as if she is not married which in turn gets her into real trouble and the soft suffering hubby trying to be of help to her by taking up a watchman's job in the women's hostel where she would be staying and which makes her more repulsive towards him formed the crux of the story. Ofcourse the story cannot go against Panpaadu and so truth realised repenting wife asking for forgiveness and the magnanimous husband taking her back formed the climax.

But this was again a very good performance from Prabhu. Though the story had traces of Padithaal Mattum Pothumaa, Prabhu would have underplayed the role neatly. The insults and heart pricks he suffers in silence was well brought out. The dark coloured makeup [though a bit artificial] was also a different attempt. Rekha was fresh from her Kadalora Kavithaigal and Punnagai Mannan roles but here she was found wanting.

This movie also did commercially well but I am not sure whether this was a 100 day movie.

Chinna Poove Mella Pesu

This was the movie of the year for Prabhu. The love failed liquor addict character was like a perfect T for him and he simply swept everybody off their feet. The ஏ பிள்ளை கருப்பாயி song and picturisation had become such a hit that S.A.Rajkumar who made his musical debut with the film overnight become a much sought after person. This was also the debut movie for Ramki, Sabitha Anand [in Tamil] and the heroine.

Robert Rajasekar after the phenomenal success of Paalaivana Cholai had fallen down from grace and this was again the turning point in their directorial careers. Released for the Tamil New Year in 1987, this was a grand success with more than a 100 days run.

Kaavalan Avan Kovalan

As I said earlier after 1986, Prabhu started to work with different directors in different genres. So when Visu who was riding on the success wave of Samsaram Adhu Minsaaram joined hands with Prabhu, that raised a lot of expectations. This time it was comedy and Prabhu did a dula role and yes the mistaken identity was the base knot.

For one of his roles, Prabhu took the mannerisms of director Sridhar especially his gait, posture and nail biting habits, which he brought out pretty well on screen. Rekha and Madhuri were the two heroines. Visu as usual had his share of dialogue obsession in this movie also.

Not a great shaker in BO, it did average business. But one thing I still remember about this movie is the review put up by Indian Express. While writing about Prabhu, the paper said "if this trend of choosing and enacting different roles continue, nothing can stop Prabhu from becoming the sheet anchor of Tamil cinema".

Regards

1987 - to be continued.

Sarna
24th May 2010, 11:18 AM
Budget padhmanaban by TP Gajendhiran - very poor story .... very very bad writing.... very very very bad direction ... but still prabhu shoulders movie with his great acting skills :clap: :clap:
Vivek, Manivannan and Kovai sarala were not really bad in a worst movie :)

groucho070
24th May 2010, 11:42 AM
Superb writeup, Murali-sar. I am ever so grateful for your contribution here. Thank you.

Budget padhmanaban by TP Gajendhiran - very poor story .... very very bad writing.... very very very bad direction ... but still prabhu shoulders movie with his great acting skills :clap: :clap: :? I felt Prabhu was dull and uninteresting. I enjoyed the comedy on the other hand namely, the "oru discovery channel-e ingga kedakkuthu" scene :lol: and Vivek adapting Malayalee parents.

Sarna
24th May 2010, 12:25 PM
Budget padhmanaban by TP Gajendhiran - very poor story .... very very bad writing.... very very very bad direction ... but still prabhu shoulders movie with his great acting skills :clap: :clap: :? I felt Prabhu was dull and uninteresting.

no :) even his dance in "pakkaavaa poduvaan padhamnaaban budjut'tu" was enjoyable for me :D

I liked Prabhu even in Kandha kadamba kadhirvela, where actually, unofficially Vadivelu was the lead actor :P by Rama Narayanan where MGR's graphics dances 8-)

groucho070
24th May 2010, 12:49 PM
KKK is another uninteresting performance from Prabhu, but I suppose my grouse is with the quality of script and stuff, what else can Prabhu do. Yes, VV is the hero of that film, in fact.

Murali Srinivas
25th May 2010, 12:49 AM
1987 - Contd

Vairaagiyam

Balaajee the closest family friend and the most successful producer of NT films, this time cast Prabhu as the lead in his movie, though it must be remembered that Prabhu played an important role in Balaajee's Neethipathi. But Balajee never changed his habits. Yes, this was a remake from a successful Telugu movie.

The rich M-I- Law and her arrogant ways and S-I-Law from a working class background taming her had been beaten to death in our films but this was one more attempt with Sowcar Janaki playing the M-I-Law. Not much of a straining for Prabhu and he was adequate.

Radha paired with Prabhu in this film which was directed by one of Balajee's asthana directors K.Vijayan, the other being Billa Krishnamoorthy.

A Commercial pot boiler, this catered to the target audience and distributors didn't burn their hands.

Poo Poovaa Poothirukku

Erich Segal's Man Woman and Child had attracted so many persons both in it's novel and movie forms and our directors were no exceptions. While Balu Mahendra adapted it as Olangal in Malayalam, Vendhanpatti Alagappan made Poo Poova ----.

Here Prabhu was a family man with kids and he having another relationship in another place and the resultant complications formed the story. Saritha was the wife and Amala acted as the other woman. Normally [and quite strangely] ladies have a fascination for such subjects and no wonder this movie also got the favourable response from them and did good business.

Prabhu as the man torn in between had done a neat job. Even his different look with the specs and the combed hair style gave a suave look to him.

Ivargal Varungaala Thoongal

Writer Director Venkat like Visu was one who came from the stage and it always used to reflect in his movies and IVT was no exception. Here he tried to deal socially relevant issues but the result was not to the liking to the people but it did decently in spite of having to compete with Nayagan and Manidhan.

Prabhu played an inspector role and Ambika was his pair. Raghuvaran also had an important role. The stage play writers who come to cinema would always try to show off their writing skills little realising that these dialogues would only be appreciated by urban middle class and it will not have any impact outside the city. One classic example is the scene in this movie is when a wayward girl student in the college is being advised by the professor [Jai Sankar?] to mend her ways. The girl obviously not in a listening mood wants to get away and says

சார், எனக்கு பீரியட்-க்கு டைம் ஆயிடுச்சு.

For which the professor replies

நீ பீரியட்ஸை மிஸ் பண்ணக் கூடாதுன்னுதாமா நானும் சொல்றேன்.

Anand

This was one movie that many were eagerly expecting. Sivaji Productions surprisingly started a fresh movie immediately after their previous one [Aruvadai Naal] celebrated 100 days.

They brought the rights of Telugu super hit Majnu which with Nagarjuna in lead was a runaway hit in Andhra. The old warhorse C.V.Rajendran was put in charge of the megaphone. Radha was the heroine. The telugu movie had liberally taken the scenes from Thalavattam [the Malayalam movie which would later be remade by Prabhu] and Tamil also had the same quota.

The songs were great with Lata Mangeshkar crooning for the melodious Aarraaro aarraaro. But somehow this Andhara meals was not suited to the taste of our audience and it ended up as an avaerage.

But Prabhu had put in a very good performance. Another notable feature was Cho after a very long time did a full fledged role in ths movie as Prabhu's father.

Muperum Deviyar

I don't have much of a recollect here except that it was a puranical film directed by K.Shankar amd had music by MSV.

It came at a very wrong time in the sense, it was in the middle of December 1987 and 10 days later Tamilnadu would see it's most charismatic leader pass away. And this film nothing much to boast about sank.

Regards

kumareshanprabhu
26th May 2010, 10:11 AM
first let me introduce my self, i am kumareshan prabhu president Karnataka State prabhu fans in Bangalore. nobody can criticise my prabhu, you people know him only as an actor, he is a supreb human being, i call him as ahuman god
please donot crticise him please this is my humble request to you guys :) 8-) :D

Kambar_Kannagi
26th May 2010, 10:17 AM
Vaangga kumareshanprabhu. Welcome :)

kumareshanprabhu
26th May 2010, 10:41 AM
thank you

kumareshanprabhu
26th May 2010, 10:44 AM
please help me how to add image plese