PDA

View Full Version : || Blue | Anthony D' Souza | Akshay Kumar ||

Pages : [1] 2

Ramakrishna
14th July 2008, 03:27 PM
AR Rahman to compose music for Blue

IndiaFM | Friday, 11 July , 2008, 13:04

Music maestro AR Rahman has given some really diverse music this year. While he started the year with Ashutosh Gowariker's period film Jodhaa Akbar, he surprised everyone with the young and peppy tunes which he composed for Aamir Khan Productions' Jaane Tu匶a Jaane Na.

If you think that's all you get to hear of Rahman this year, then you are wrong. While his music for Subhash Ghai's magnum opus Yuvraaj is being awaited with bated breath, he is also composing the music for Aamir Khan's Ghajini.

And for all you die-hard Rahman fans, there is some more good news. The music maestro has also been roped in by Shree Ashtavinayak Cine Vision Ltd. to compose the music for their multi-starrer, Blue.

The film has been in the news recently as major portions of the film featuring actors like Akshay Kumar, Sanjay Dutt, Lara Dutta, Zayed Khan and Katrina Kaif were shot in the exotic locations of Bahamas. With Rahman coming into the picture this ride only gets bigger and better.

Ramakrishna
14th July 2008, 03:28 PM
This movie is confirmed by even Gopal Sreenivasan of Yahoo groups.

MADDY
14th July 2008, 03:38 PM
thalaivar back in full form in Hindi 8-)

MADDY
18th January 2009, 12:30 PM
no news abt the movie but its still in thalaivar's list of upcoming films :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_(2008_film)

ajaybaskar
19th January 2009, 01:40 PM
no news abt the movie but its still in thalaivar's list of upcoming films :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_(2008_film)

http://www.bollywhat-forum.com/index.php?topic=23606.10;wap2

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/dec-08-02/a-r-rahman-08-12-08.html

http://www.merinews.com/catFull.jsp?articleID=152908&catID=6&category=Entertainment

sha
18th February 2009, 01:29 PM
from a recent bbc interview

Kylie Minogue presented you with your Bafta. Isn't she set to appear in a film you're working on?

ARR - Yes, we're doing a song together which she'll perform in the movie. The film is called Blue and is being shot in Hawaii and a lot of other places.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/oscars/7884108.stm

ajaybaskar
28th February 2009, 08:16 PM
Kylie Minogue is ready to rock for Anthony D'Souza's Blue. But her song is not ready! At least not as ready as the director wants it to be.

Explains Anthony, "Though the lyrics have been readied, and Abbas Tyrewala has done a wonderful job, there's something missing. I want that one hook or catch line that would give that song an extra global push/appeal to go with Bollywood-goes- international image represented by Kylie Minogue in Blue."

Anthony doesn't know what that phrase would be. But he's sure Abbas will deliver before the song starts shooting in the next couple of days. "I want something like Gulzar Saab's 'Chaiyya Chaiyya' or 'Jai Ho'. Abbas is a brilliant writer. I know he can do it."

When contacted, Abbas Tyrewala is surprised to hear about Tony's dissatisfaction with the song. "I don't write lyrics any more for outside assignments. But when it comes to Rahman I can't stop myself. I thought the song is done and ready to be shot. It wasn't easy writing two sets of lyrics reflecting two languages, cultures, thoughts and ways of life. And then the male and female portions of the song were recorded separately in Mumbai. So I wrote extra lyrics because we didn't know what shape the composition will finally take
when the two voices are brought together."

About the catchphrase that Anthony D'Souza is looking for, Abbas says, "If any changes are required I'm not aware of them."

Ramakrishna
8th March 2009, 07:37 PM
Blue is set to be released in India on May 1
Already boasting exploding boats and untrained sharks in open water, Bollywood film Blue now has an Austrailian singer to add into its mix. Pop star Kylie Minogue will be singing two songs that will be featured in the much anticipated film, and she will also be shooting a music video with Bollywood celeb and lead of the film, Akshay Kumar. They will be dancing to the award-winning choreography of Farah Khan, and all of the film's music will be composed by recent Oscar winner A.R. Rahman. The film follows Akshay Kumar as he searches for an underwater hidden treasure. The film is set to be released in India on May 1. -

http://www.asiaarts.ucla.edu/090306/article.asp?parentID=105639

Yathu
8th March 2009, 08:20 PM
So the audio might release next month? Can't wait to see how ARR uses Kylie Minogue! :D

jaaze
9th March 2009, 10:37 AM
Add Kylie Minogue's name to the title. She's an international star and deserves a place in the title 8-)

Kumarappa
9th March 2009, 08:25 PM
Farah Khan choreographed Kylie Minogue's song in Blue for free

[...]The number acquires a special distinction because it would be the first Hindi song composed by A R Rahman after the Oscars, and that too featuring an international artiste. [...]

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/news/2009/03/09/12627/index.html

"I had to tell Kylie to thrown tantrums on the sets" - Farah Khan

[...]When you say the song has an 'international setting' to it, what exactly do you mean?
It means that we are not making a 'bhel-puri' by bringing in an international artist like Kylie and then making her turn into a Bollywood dancer. She is supposed to be what she is in real life and hence retains her international appeal. It is with the arrival of Akshay Kumar in the song which brings in an Indian element. A.R. Rahman has come up with another great track where the first half featuring Kylie is in English with a Western tune while the second half has Sonu Nigam coming behind the mike for the 'bhangra' portion. [...]

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/features/2009/03/09/4948/index.html

Great news, eagerly awaiting the audio of this film!

music man
10th March 2009, 10:19 PM
Fame takes its toll on Rahman
9 Mar 2009, 0000 hrs IST, SUBHASH K JHA

Has A R Rahman been overdoing it?

The past year which spawned about a dozen Hindi and Tamil soundracks, and the whirlwind Slumdog Millionaire experience and its culmination with the Oscars, has taken its toll on the music maverick from Madras’ genius’ health. According to close friends of the composer, since his return home after the Oscars, Rahman has been very unwell, so much so that he had to cancel a scheduled trip to London last Friday night.

Work back home has also been suffering. Rahman was not able to complete the song that was filmed on Sanjay Dutt, Kylie Minogue, Akshay Kumar and Zayed Khan in Film City for Blue. And, reportedly, a scratch recording is being used for the shooting. Confirming these developments, director Anthony D’Souza said, “It’s true. But what a song! Even a scratch recording by Rahman is worth far more than the final recording of many other composers.”

Rahman fell ill and was bed-ridden this week, thereby further putting behind his pending assignments. “I’ve returned from LA to complete three film assignments — Mani Ratnam’s film, Shankar’s Robot and Blue. And then I’ve to go back to Hollywood,” said Rahman. He admitted that the song that Kylie Minogue danced to in Mumbai with Sanjay Dutt, Akshay Kumar and the rest of the cast for Blue was actually a rough cut. “I’ll finish it soon,” he said. “I’m in Chennai for two weeks. Then I return to LA.” The question is, what happens to the pending assignments back home?

Source: Times of India Newspaper :cry3: :notthatway: :cry:

Yathu
10th March 2009, 10:50 PM
I think it's all that travelling. It's taking its toll on ARR's health. :(

I'm sure he'll make a speedy recovery.

sha
11th March 2009, 10:32 AM
rush jobs from ARR ? 2 weeks 3 movies ? we r going to hear a lot of re-used sounds n tunes from his unnoticed works.

pls ARR , take a year and do your private Album, we can wait..... u gave us enough to listen already...

Ramakrishna
11th March 2009, 05:59 PM
Confirming these developments, director Anthony D’Souza said, “It’s true. But what a song! Even a scratch recording by Rahman is worth far more than the final recording of many other composers.”

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

MADDY
13th March 2009, 09:04 AM
http://entertainment.in.msn.com/bollywood/gallery.aspx?cp-documentid=1979054&imageindex=1

Blue first look

(looks like a comic book story)

SVN
13th March 2009, 02:22 PM
Would this Hindi flick more like Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey's 2008 film, Fool's Gold?

ajaybaskar
18th March 2009, 09:35 PM
MUMBAI: Now it can be told. Singer Kylie Minogue, who made a whirlwind tour to India last fortnight, has recorded a bhangra-pop number written by Abbas Tyrewala and composed by A R Rahman.

Kylie, during her stay, recorded two songs for Blue - a duet with Sonu Niigaam and a dance number. The film's music scored has been done by none other than Academy award winner A R Rahman.

However, not much has been known about the genre of songs that Kylie would be singing. In an interview, Blue's director Anthony Dsouza revealed to Radioandmusic. com that "The song is a 100 per cent hardcore Bollywood masala Bhangra Pop number." The lyrics have been penned by Abbas Tyrewala, who directed last year's blockbuster hit Jaane Tu ya Jaane Na fame, he said.

"When you have a producer willing to foot the bill and an international diva willing to work with me, why should I have a problem?"

The song has both Hindi and English lyrics. However, the titles of the tracks are yet to be decided. "Guess that would be done when the CD is getting printed, it's yet to be decided," Dsouza said.

On being asked if Minogue was chosen specifically so that the film could appeal to the international markets, DSouza said, "Kylie has a lot of fans in India and I happen to be one of them. And when you have a producer willing to foot the bill and an international diva willing to work with me why should I have a problem? But jokes aside, the film is based abroad and there was a song needed. It made sense to have an international star performing there and hence she was cast."

ajaybaskar
29th March 2009, 06:44 PM
[tscii:2bd2a4184d]The shark story
First-time filmmaker Anthony D’Souza plumbs the depths of oceans off Bahamas for his action bonanza Blue.

Have you finally wrapped up Blue? When is it releasing?
We are nearly through with the shoot. I am headed for Bangkok with Lara Dutta for two days’ work and then I need eight more days to shoot Katrina Kaif’s song. Blue is scheduled to be released on August 13.

Where did you find this deep-sea adventure, for it certainly is an alien concept here in India?
I have always been fascinated by water and then I wanted to make a “never-seen-before” film - so it had to be a film shot in the ocean. I had to find a fresh setting and what better than an action adventure with real sharks, sting-rays and eels to the menacing great whites?

Sounds scary! How did you protect your stellar cast from the oceanic wild life?
Wild animals pose no danger by themselves, unless provoked. In our case, we took ample precautions to ensure the safety of the cast and crew. There have been no injuries or mishaps.

So which was the most spectacular and the most menacing of the oceanic beasts you shot with?
I chose to shoot off Bahamas because the kind of sharks that I wanted are only found there. We have shot with real sharks - hammer-heads, reef sharks, great whites, manta rays and eels. While reef sharks are the gentlest and easiest to shoot with, the great whites that measure 15 to 18 feet are the most menacing and also the most spectacular.

Tipped to be the most expensive Indian film ever made with a whopping budget of Rs 100 crore, what has been the most expensive aspect of Blue?
I still won’t be able to give out the budget of the film as I am still shooting. The most expensive part of the film was the execution and implementation of action. We shot for 60 days in deep sea off Bahama Islands - of these, 15 days were for rehearsals and 45 days for the actual shoot. For the first time, the Indian audience will be treated to 25-30 minutes of underwater adventure.

Our underwater DOP Pete Zuccarini is the man who shot Pirates Of The Caribbean, so the filming is flawless and spectacular. I hope I have brought the audience entertainment worth their money.

How did you manage to find funding for this extravagant
adventure as your first film? Also how did you convince Akshay Kumar and Sanjay Dutt to be a part of it?

I approached Shree Ashtavinayak Cine Vision Ltd. with my script and they liked it right from the outset. My ad-films and music videos on the resume also worked well, I guess.

I met Mr Dutt, Akshay and Zayed Khan, narrated them the script after which they were on. Really, I think that I am most fortunate. It must have something to do with my parents’ blessings because I am not much of a religious guy.

Any particular reason for casting middle-aged heroes in this seemingly-youthful deep- sea adventure? Who’s the best swimmer from the cast?
Blue is about betrayal and a treasure-hunt. This is a film in which the characters are playing their age - Mr Dutt, Akshay, Zayed, Rahul Dev and Kabir Bedi in a guest appearance. Mr Dutt, who has a lung problem and is forbidden by the doctors to swim, insisted on doing each and every stunt himself. Akshay is ever-ready for any challenge and Zayed has been a swimmer ever since he can remember. Lara, on the other hand, trained for five months for the underwater action. But the best swimmer title goes hands down to Zayed Khan!

How did you handle the ego tussle of Sanjay Dutt and Akshay Kumar?
On the sets and off it, the two stars are like brothers. We used to read all those crappy reports in the media and laugh at those together.

Who’s the heroine of the film - Lara or Katrina? Are you including an additional song in the film to assuage Katrina?
Lara is the heroine of Blue and she plays Mr Dutt’s girlfriend and the film is based on their love story. Katrina Kaif, paired opposite Zayed, has a guest appearance in the film. Katrina’s song is a part of the script and is in the last portion of the film.

Alright, so why cast Kylie Minogue? Apart from the hype, how does she help the film?
I have been a great fan of Kylie’s. She has one song and some scenes in the film. She shot for eight days and she has some humorous and dramatic scenes with the entire cast. I found her to be very professional and down-to-earth. She’s a director’s actor.

A R Rahman’s music is likely to be a big high for the film. What kind of music have you come up with?
We have seven songs in the film and A R Rahman’s music this time is certainly not Indian, it’s very Western. Abbas Tyrewala and Mayur Puri have penned the lyrics.
Is John Abraham a part of your next venture?
My next film is a three-hero action film, also for Shree Ashtavinayak Cine Vision. John Abraham is certainly a part of it and I am hoping to cast Sonal Chauhan opposite him.

[/tscii:2bd2a4184d]

baba88
29th March 2009, 10:55 PM
Blue is scheduled to be released on August 13 ??????

So we can expect the Audio in July ?

Kumarappa
8th June 2009, 05:25 PM
Blue releasing worldwide on Diwali
IndiaGlitz [Saturday, June 06, 2009]

The music of the mega- budget and this year’s most awaited film, 'Blue' has been bought by T-Series(Hindi language rights). The film is produced by Shree Ashtavinayak Cine Vision Ltd. and directed by Anthony D’Souza.

This action packed and adventure movie promises spectacular stunts and breathtaking underwater sequences and stars Sanjay Dutt, Akshay Kumar, Lara Dutta, Zayed Khan, Katrina Kaif and Rahul Dev.

The music is given by none other than the country’s maestro today A.R Rahman.

The movie is slated to release in October, making it the perfect Diwali release!

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/hindi/article/47447.html

Dragun
9th June 2009, 05:25 AM
So possible September audio release for Blue? Is there anything else coming in the meantime?

ajaybaskar
31st July 2009, 06:41 AM
By August, music will be available in size zero

MUMBAI: Music packaging is all set to take a cue from Bollywood's bombshells--come August, it will also be available in size zero. Says music kingpin Bhushan Kumar of T-Series, which controls a sizeable slice of the Bollywood music pie, "Get ready for a pleasant surprise. Music will now have a new shape.''

The new shape--the pen drive and the micro chip--is totally in tune with GenNext lifestyles, says Bhushan, who initiated R&D in the concept over a year ago. "The music market is getting younger, and digital platforms are the in thing,'' he says. "With mobile memory chips, you can carry music on your phone; pen drives can be used on laptops and even car audio systems.'' T-Series will kick-start the pen drive movement with A R Rahman's track for `Blue' in August/September.

A music industry source says that new releases will come on a 1 GB pen drive along with older titles from the company; there will also be free space for the user to download music of his choice. Kumar Taurani of Tips, the other big player on the Bollywood music scene, believes the move will revolutionise the music industry. "Music companies can monetise this by releasing their entire past libraries in the new format,'' he says.

Sony Music, HMV-Sa Re Ga Ma and Junglee Music are some of the other players in Bollywood who are studying the feasibility of introducing pen drives/memory chips. Mobile giant Nokia, in association with T-Series, is also launching a memory chip that will have the latest songs and will come free with certain music phone models.

While flash drives or pen drives with legal music have proved to be a hit abroad, will this work in India, given the higher price tag as compared to a CD or cassette? Market sources say that right now, none of the companies in the fray are factoring in a profit margin--the aim is to entice buyers and build up a consumer bank. Bhushan, on his part, is optimistic that the step will change music consumption to a great degree.

"Several music companies are looking to do this, as this is the way to go. As holders of music rights we were foreseeing this. It will certainly give a boost to the music industry. It will also curb piracy to an extent as those who presently download from the Net will have access to original music in digital format,'' says Priti Shahni of Indian films.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/msid-4831736,prtpage-1.cms

sha
31st July 2009, 01:31 PM
pendrive ? wht format the songs will be then ? if its not uncompressed wav , ill stick with CD.

littlemaster1982
12th August 2009, 07:49 AM
Theatrical Trailer (http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/broadband/video/Movie-Promos/mjb4HW24/3/Theatrical-Trailer-Blue.html)

ajaybaskar
12th August 2009, 08:46 AM
Eye-catching first impression

By Taran Adarsh, August 11, 2009 - 08:32 IST

First impression counts. No wonder, film-makers ensure that the first promo of their film creates the maximum impact. The promo of BLUE does exactly that. The promo of this keenly-anticipated fare makes a stunning impact, not just because it stars some of the biggest names in the business [Sanju, Akshay, Katrina, Lara, Zayed], but also because of its backdrop. It's shot underwater, amidst sharks.

The film has an international feel and its makers, Shree Ashtavinayak, should capitalise on its theme and take it beyond the Indian diaspora, when they plan its release strategy.

On the other hand, the first promo of MAIN AUR MRS. KHANNA brings back memories of Hrishikesh Mukherjee movies. Soft and simplistic, the promo exudes a lot of freshness. Of course, the first promo features Salman, Kareena and Sohail only [not Preity], but the glimpses make it pretty evident that the film looks at a pati, his patni and a woh. MAIN AUR MRS. KHANNA has been extensively shot in Melbourne, Australia.

Incidentally, both BLUE and MAIN AUR MRS. KHANNA are directed by first-time directors - Anthony D'Souza and Prem Soni, respectively.

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/news/2009/08/11/13159/index.html

A.ANAND
12th August 2009, 01:39 PM
trailer paata songs ellam savadi-ya irukkum pola! :D

SoftSword
12th August 2009, 02:50 PM
the theme music is impressive...

Yathu
12th August 2009, 03:08 PM
Theatrical Trailer (http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/broadband/video/Movie-Promos/mjb4HW24/3/Theatrical-Trailer-Blue.html)

Cool trailer!

Appu s
12th August 2009, 03:35 PM
the theme music is impressive...

trailer looks good, :) waiting for the audio :P

directhit
12th August 2009, 07:42 PM
Theatrical Trailer (http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/broadband/video/Movie-Promos/mjb4HW24/3/Theatrical-Trailer-Blue.html) wow :cool2:

ArulprakasH
12th August 2009, 08:25 PM
Impressive trailer.. :)

music man
12th August 2009, 10:51 PM
Awesome music....Fresh and powerful...There is an international feel to it...Great...:)

Nerd
12th August 2009, 11:14 PM
That blaaze(?)'s hip-hop bit sounds so familiar. Very catchy nevertheless. Good visuals too, but Sanjay Dutt, Akshay ellaam :sigh2:

Appu s
12th August 2009, 11:56 PM
That blaaze(?)'s hip-hop bit sounds so familiar. Very catchy nevertheless. Good visuals too, but Sanjay Dutt, Akshay ellaam :sigh2:

same blood :oops: sanjay dutt laam innum antha oor nambittu irukku ,

i guess that is blaaze, the BGM somewhat resembles this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nENM53p4U4/url)

the trailer music looks like has done in hurry :roll:

A.ANAND
13th August 2009, 05:36 AM
arr interview

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/broadband/video/Interviews/oa6x8m89/3/A-R-Rahman-s-Bollywood-Hungama-Exclusive.html

Appu s
13th August 2009, 03:44 PM
arr interview

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/broadband/video/Interviews/oa6x8m89/3/A-R-Rahman-s-Bollywood-Hungama-Exclusive.html

and promo launch video

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/broadband/video/Parties-and-Events/Ca4c475/3/Promo-Launch-Of-Blue.html

united07
13th August 2009, 05:52 PM
Err....i'm not saying anything....but doesn't the rap sounds like 'New' song....

konjam konjam...

littlemaster1982
16th August 2009, 08:39 PM
Audio of Blue releases on Sep 2 :shock: Comment of the director Antony D'Souza in Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CMDJoUFVoQ).

tonydsouza72 (1 day ago)

yes parry I agree with you , it "feels" of torque , is that a bad thing .. audio should be out in the markets by the second of Sept

Appu s
17th August 2009, 11:15 AM
Master :ty:

ajaybaskar
19th August 2009, 06:19 AM
http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/broadband/video/Interviews/FiGES415/2/Anthony-Dsouza-Speaks-About-Blue.html

Kumarappa
24th August 2009, 09:44 PM
Blue tracklisting:

http://www.arrahman.com/v2/discography/films-hindi-blue.html

AAJ DIL
SINGERS: SHREYA GHOSHAL, SUKHWINDER SINGH
LYRICS : MAYUR PURI

BHOOLA TUJHE
SINGERS: RASHID ALI
LYRICS : ABBAS TYREWALA

CHIGGY WIGGY
SINGERS: KYLIE MINOGUE, SONU NIGAM
ADDITIONAL VOCALS : SUZANNE

REHNUMA
SINGERS: SHREYA GHOSHAL, SONU NIGAM

FIQRANA
SINGERS: VIJAY PRAKASH, SHREYA GHOSHAL
LYRICS : AJIT ARORA

BLUE THEME
SINGERS:BLAAZE, RAQEEB AALAM, SONU KAKKAR, JASPREET SINGH, NEHA KAKKAR, DILSHAD
PUNJABI LYRICS: SUKWINDER SINGH HINDI LYRICS: RAQUEEB ALAM

littlemaster1982
24th August 2009, 09:51 PM
:ty: Kumarappa

SoftSword
24th August 2009, 09:58 PM
guess this is the first album of ARR without Sreedhar!!??

baba88
25th August 2009, 03:44 AM
A.R.Rahman doesn't lend his voice for a song. So there will be only one song by Kylie Minogue ?! So there are mainly just duets ?

ajaybaskar
25th August 2009, 08:51 AM
[tscii:3706f14d66]The wait for Bollywood's most ambitious and promising project, the much anticipated India's first underwater action adventure extravaganza BLUE is over.

The first glimpse of BLUE was unveiled at Cinemax in a grand media event by none other than Music Maestro A.R. Rahman, sound expert Resul Pookuty, Director Anthony D'Souza and Producer Dhilin Mehta as they presented a unique `Sound Promo' of the film.

Audiences too will get a sneak peek of the extravaganza on their television screens and on the big screens too as the theatrical promo opens with the weekend releases. An underwater action thriller BLUE captures the fast paced action, above and below the ocean as never seen before in Indian Cinema!

All set to hit theatres this Diwali on October 16th, Blue is produced by one of the biggest production houses Shree Ashtavinayak Cine Vision Ltd., which has tossed out landmark films like Jab We met, Bhagambhag, Golmaal, etc. And this time, producer Dhilin Mehta has once again defied norms and raised the bar in film-making.

Under the visionary direction of debutant Anthony D'Souza this oceanic spectacle features Bollywood stars like Sanjay Dutt, Akshay Kumar, Lara Dutta, Zayed Khan, Rahul Dev, & Katrina Kaif.

Having an amalgamation of Hollywood and Bollywood, the film boasts of the best technicians from across the world. The wild scenic beauty of the oceans has been captured by the underwater specialist cinematographer Pete Zuccarini, who has worked on Hollywood blockbusters like PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN and DEEP BLUE SEA.

That's not all; the fast paced racy action has been choreographed by action director James Bomalick who had set our pulses running with THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS – TOKYO DRIFT earlier.

When you've got such stellar cast and crew, can the music be far behind? This all-round action packed grandiose has none other than Oscar Winner A. R. Rahman composing the tracks for the film with the winning combination of Resul Pookuty engineering the sound.

And just when you thought you've got the best combination, the icing on the cake comes in the form of International pop-sensation Kylie Minogue who has performed a special number in the film along with the leading cast of the film!!!

Looks like the countdown to Bollywood's most awaited film has begun!

[/tscii:3706f14d66]

ajaybaskar
26th August 2009, 11:49 AM
PVR Pictures to distribute Blue

By Bollywood Hungama News Network, August 25, 2009 - 16:52 IST

If the breath taking promos of Ashtavinayak Cine Vision's produced multi starrer film Blue are anything to go by, then, Bollywood has got all the reasons to smile about! For the uninitiated, Blue, directed by debutante Anthony D'Souza, happens to be India's first underwater film and is all set to hit the theatres this Diwali (Oct 16th to be precise). It stars a plethora of actors like Sanjay Dutt, Akshay Kumar, Lara Dutta, Zayed Khan, Rahul Dev and Katrina Kaif.

On the distribution front, it's the movies major PVR Pictures, which has decided to distribute Blue. Talking about this development, Dhilin Mehta, CMD, Shree Ashtavinayak Cine Vision Ltd, said, "PVR is a one of the nation's leading and much admired brand and we are glad to associate ourselves with them. We have complete faith in PVR for taking care of the distribution of Blue in the northern belt." On the other hand, Uday Singh, CEO, PVR Pictures commented, "Blue is an exciting film to be associated with. We are happy to distribute the film through our strong distribution network across Delhi, UP and East Punjab."

Blue, to its credit, has an amalgamation of the best of Hollywood and Bollywood technicians. If that wasn't enough, then, fast paced racy action has been executed by action director James Bomalick, who had set pulses running with The Fast and The Furious - Tokyo Drift earlier. And the icing on the cake is surely in the form of India's gift to the world A.R.Rahman, who has composed some of the most scintillating music for this film.

With so much going for this Blue, one just hopes that this film beats others at the B-O windows black and blue!

dinesh2002
26th August 2009, 09:40 PM
new song added to the list :

YAAR MILA THA
SINGERS: UDIT NARAYAN, MADHUSHREE
BACKING VOCALS: UJJAYINEE ROY

http://www.arrahman.com/v2/discography/films-hindi-blue.html

SoftSword
27th August 2009, 01:10 PM
so Sep2 confirmed?

Appu s
27th August 2009, 01:22 PM
so Sep2 confirmed?

sep 12 i think...

SoftSword
27th August 2009, 01:23 PM
so Sep2 confirmed?

sep 12 i think...

:hammer: for the bad news :evil:

Appu s
27th August 2009, 01:26 PM
so Sep2 confirmed?

sep 12 i think...

:hammer: for the bad news :evil:

sep 12 nnu than pesikiranga :twisted:

littlemaster1982
27th August 2009, 02:01 PM
Sep 12th-nnu confirm-a solraanga Orkut ARR community-la.

Guess_Me
27th August 2009, 05:00 PM
New Audio Promo Chiggy Wiggy featuring Kylie Minogue

http://soundcloud.com/farsad666/chiggy-wiggy-promo-blue-a-r-rahman

Though the promo is 20 seconds long, you can't hear the song much, except for the last 5 seconds. Sounds good anyway.

SoftSword
27th August 2009, 06:43 PM
thanks guess me....
wow... the sound

hip-hop?

Guess_Me
27th August 2009, 08:23 PM
Chiggy Wiggy extended video promo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQraf9ymI74

Sounds like a fusion number

SoftSword
27th August 2009, 08:30 PM
other than the chiggy wiggy part nothing sounds fresh for me :(

dinesh2002
27th August 2009, 10:19 PM
it sounds great!! :D

thineshan54321
27th August 2009, 11:12 PM
nice hip hop... cant wait

Yathu
28th August 2009, 12:32 AM
Hip hop & bhangra, should be interesting.

Who comes up with these lyrics?!

Appu s
28th August 2009, 01:38 AM
Yathu lyrics abbas tyrewala i think , he penned for 3 songs..

A.ANAND
28th August 2009, 06:34 AM
sound interesting!

Guess_Me
28th August 2009, 08:08 AM
Chiggy Wiggy Original Promo (without narration)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ASztGWZSvo

united07
28th August 2009, 11:16 AM

Sounds OK to me....but might grow.....didn't really enjoy the bhangra bit....anyway...its only my isolated opinion

Appu s
28th August 2009, 11:42 AM

Sounds OK to me....but might grow.....didn't really enjoy the bhangra bit....anyway...its only my isolated opinion

i felt the same in first hearing.. but its grow on me... kyley's part is catchy and sweet.. sonu nigam in bhangra bit...hmmmmm.. looking forward to the full version...

ajaybaskar
28th August 2009, 01:54 PM
I think the bhangra part will come ony in the last part of the song. For the sake of giving a crisp promo, they shud've edited in such a way...

ajaybaskar
28th August 2009, 02:09 PM
For IPOD and mobile downoad..

http://www.mediafire.com/?axmjne5mcb3

Ramakrishna
28th August 2009, 07:01 PM
mediocre song so far

Yathu
29th August 2009, 12:30 AM

:|

Yathu
29th August 2009, 12:39 AM
Yathu lyrics abbas tyrewala i think , he penned for 3 songs..

Thanks for the info Appu. I was only asking because English lyrics in Hindi songs are usually cringe worthy. :oops:

MADDY
29th August 2009, 07:48 AM
liked the song - instantly catchy and fusion was neat......but i'm scared of ARR songs which catch instantly because they dont stand long :)

sha
29th August 2009, 11:34 AM
sorry, but wht does this "Chiggy wiggy" means ?

Appu s
29th August 2009, 02:18 PM
sorry, but wht does this "Chiggy wiggy" means ?

kyile- " i wanna chiggy wiggy witchu boy" :wink: then wat does that mean.. :mrgreen:

Dragun
30th August 2009, 06:12 AM
That does not even sound like an ARR tune. Hopefully the other songs are better.

Appu s
31st August 2009, 10:59 AM
Sir's message to the fans about 'Blue'

"This is my first film after the Oscars. So expectations are scary. It's important to work with a great team to create great music and we've done that with Blue. What's special about Blue is that it's an underwater adventure. So, it was very exciting to do this score as a composer. It's important that you don't get typecast. It's also important to give the kind of music the film requires and have fun with it!

Drown into the music of Blue."

- A R Rahman

http://www.mail-archive.com/arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com/msg68832.html

Appu s
31st August 2009, 11:06 AM
Blue official website

http://www.bluethefilm.com/

friends look at the site, Thalaivar's name is the first and followed by producer's and director's :P :bow: :bow:

ajaybaskar
31st August 2009, 11:14 AM
Sanjay Dutt paakkathaan comedyah irukku...

littlemaster1982
1st September 2009, 07:50 AM
Blue Audio CD Inlay Cover

[html:bdc9b2ac82]
http://img512.yfrog.com/img512/9533/blueinlayback.jpg[/html:bdc9b2ac82]

Courtesy: Gopal Srinivasan, ARRYG.

lancelot
1st September 2009, 11:23 AM
so when will the audio be out?
hehe
:D

littlemaster1982
1st September 2009, 11:29 AM
Sep 12, it seems :)

ajaybaskar
1st September 2009, 11:38 AM
There are rumours that the audio will be released on 3rd.

music man
1st September 2009, 11:59 AM
Wow...The CD cover looks great...I am looking forward to this release very dearly...
From the choice of singers, I think this album is going to rock...

I think music will be fresh and trendsetting..

ajaybaskar
1st September 2009, 12:00 PM
LM, U dont have the front side scan?

littlemaster1982
1st September 2009, 12:02 PM
I got this one from Orkut. May be Yahoo groups have it :roll:

directhit
1st September 2009, 12:03 PM
From the choice of singers, I think this album is going to rock... very interested to listen to vijay prakash....

sad tht thalaivar hasn't sung :(

Appu s
1st September 2009, 12:22 PM
From the choice of singers, I think this album is going to rock... very interested to listen to vijay prakash....

sad tht thalaivar hasn't sung :(

yes :(

ajaybaskar
1st September 2009, 12:25 PM
Apart from Manmohini, has VP ever sung for ARR?

directhit
1st September 2009, 12:28 PM
Jai ho chorus/swades pal pal also says wiki...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vijay_Prakash#Songs

Appu s
1st September 2009, 12:36 PM
kadam kadam from Bose the forgotten hero.

music man
1st September 2009, 02:23 PM
Vijay Prakash is one of the singers who sung NEW Title Song.He is also credited in Slumdog Millionaire-Jai Ho.

SoftSword
1st September 2009, 03:58 PM
how come blaaze not mentioned in the theme vocals... i thought it was his voice...

Appu s
1st September 2009, 04:38 PM
how come blaaze not mentioned in the theme vocals... i thought it was his voice...

athan mention pannirukkangaley, :wink:

SoftSword
1st September 2009, 04:40 PM

athan mention pannirukkangaley, :wink:

oh... sariyaa gavanikkalai...
:oops:

thineshan54321
2nd September 2009, 12:41 AM
cant wait cant wait!!!

dinesh2002
2nd September 2009, 12:44 AM
cant wait cant wait!!!

u can la... ur a busy man nowdays.. :D soon to become a big music director... :D

guys, u all aware than Thineshan is making big in music industry down in his place? his songs r in the rankings of the radio and all :D

Appu s
2nd September 2009, 10:26 AM
cant wait cant wait!!!

u can la... ur a busy man nowdays.. :D soon to become a big music director... :D

guys, u all aware than Thineshan is making big in music industry down in his place? his songs r in the rankings of the radio and all :D

Thineshan :clap: :clap: :clap:

All the best :thumbsup:

vibinrajmani
2nd September 2009, 10:54 AM
Did anyone have a chance to listen to the music? I'm waiting for it anxiously :sigh2:

Thalafanz
2nd September 2009, 10:56 AM
cant wait cant wait!!!

Wow Thineshan :clap: Congrates and All the Best... 8-)

Thalafanz
2nd September 2009, 11:00 AM
Sanjay Dutt paakkathaan comedyah irukku...

:lol: Hope it's not something like 'Fools Gold' or 'Into The Blue'... :)

ajaybaskar
2nd September 2009, 11:16 AM
cant wait cant wait!!!

Thineshan..All the best.. Can u send across some samples of yours???

MADDY
2nd September 2009, 07:05 PM
cant wait cant wait!!!
soon to become a big music director... :D

my hearty wishes and thalaivar's blessings would be with you :)

A.ANAND
2nd September 2009, 08:12 PM
all the best thinesan!

New Blue promo - Aj Dil is out![rocking]

http://bluethefilm.com/ :bluejump: :redjump:

littlemaster1982
2nd September 2009, 08:32 PM
Woohoo :victory: Now this is what you call Thalaivar song :redjump: :redjump:

directhit
2nd September 2009, 08:44 PM
wow!! :cool2: cant wait for the audio.. :boo:

Lara Dutta :o - Rangeela Urmila kku potti :slurp:

SVN
2nd September 2009, 09:09 PM
Aak Dil Gustaak Hai has a cool groove! Nice teaser too ;)

dinesh2002
2nd September 2009, 10:01 PM
song sounds very good!!! typical ARRahman...

What does "sayya sa... soyya sa" means? :?

sha
3rd September 2009, 12:20 AM
does that vocal part sounds DAUD,ish ? or is it just my ears? :)

as ARR told, dont expect much... just another ARR Album,,, n im gonna love it...

littlemaster1982
3rd September 2009, 09:02 AM
all the best thinesan!

Mp3 version (http://rapidshare.com/files/274776868/Aaj_Dil_Gustakh_Hai_-_Blue.mp3.html).

A.ANAND
3rd September 2009, 10:00 AM
all the best thinesan!

Mp3 version (http://rapidshare.com/files/274776868/Aaj_Dil_Gustakh_Hai_-_Blue.mp3.html).

Thank u boss! :D

ajaybaskar
3rd September 2009, 11:25 AM
LM, the link is not working

ajaybaskar
3rd September 2009, 11:54 AM
Audio releases on 08th Sep????

http://twitter.com/duttalara

SoftSword
3rd September 2009, 12:28 PM
twitter account ellaam illai..
post the news

ajaybaskar
3rd September 2009, 12:40 PM
Music of blue releases on the 8th of Sept!!! My first ever film with music from the brilliant A.R. Rehmaan!! I already have a favourite :-)- LARA DUTTA

littlemaster1982
3rd September 2009, 02:16 PM
LM, the link is not working

:oops: Download from here (http://www.mediafire.com/?ynuzlamgnun).

SoftSword
3rd September 2009, 02:21 PM
thanks master

music man
3rd September 2009, 11:06 PM
Wow...This is vintage ARR stuff...Excellent basslines and beat...

ajaybaskar
4th September 2009, 11:34 AM
Aaj Dil- Extended Promo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYpgZWKeCSU

ajaybaskar
4th September 2009, 11:36 AM
Chiggy Wiggy- Extended Promo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=NL&hl=nl&v=P71ehzy3w-M

littlemaster1982
4th September 2009, 03:04 PM
Aaj Dil- Extended Promo

Mp3 - 4shared (http://www.4shared.com/file/130065768/a8418f13/Aaj_Dil_Gustakh_Hai_Roy_music_fever_orkut_communit y.html)

united07
5th September 2009, 09:03 AM
I like both the songs better in these extended versions....

thineshan54321
5th September 2009, 02:59 PM
dinesh thx machi.
thx a lot everyone. i will send everyone some songs. you can also check out my facebook page @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/TK-Productions/68819471962?ref=ts and youtube page @ www.youtube.com/TKProdsMusic
i need all ur support. I have about 5 songs that are unreleased. Will release and send to u guys soon.

you can also vote for "Adivilapothu" by going to http://www.cmr.fm/thamilFM/Newclients/DiasporaSongs.aspx?TitleID=13

we gave the song to the radio station just so they can listen to it and it got nominated for Top 5. It is unfinished, unmastered version. Check it out. I need all ur votes and support to stay up there. Thanks a lot guys. You are the best.

I am dying to hear Blue. promos r amazing

thineshan54321
5th September 2009, 03:00 PM
aaj dil is amazing. fresh! how does ARR do it every single time? i hear african and mexican influence also. wow.

Thalafanz
6th September 2009, 08:28 PM
Aaj Dil- Extended Promo

They have been removed... :roll: :cry2:

Thalafanz
6th September 2009, 08:53 PM
Managed to find other working links:

Chiggy Wiggy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OO5wSsR0CE

Aaj Dil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slCC7qnfyVs

ajaybaskar
6th September 2009, 08:54 PM
Managed to find other working links:

Chiggy Wiggy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OO5wSsR0CE

Aaj Dil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slCC7qnfyVs

TF, Idha download panni vachukka vendiyadhuthaane?

Thalafanz
6th September 2009, 08:55 PM

Who is that at 0.40??? Looks like the actress from Resident Evil... :roll: Anoyone knows???

ajaybaskar
6th September 2009, 08:56 PM
Adhu yedho model.

BTW, U mean Milla Jovovich?

Thalafanz
6th September 2009, 09:00 PM
TF, Idha download panni vachukka vendiyadhuthaane?

:oops: Sorry bro, thought of doing it tonight. Athukulla, removed Agaiduchu... Ippo download pannitten... :)
Can't wait for the full version of Chiggy Wiggy... I suppose it's going to be the album's pick... :D
Just before the North Indian music, I mean from 0.01 to 0.38, it gives the feeling of product from Hollywood artists, i.e PCD, J Lo etc etc 8-)

Thalafanz
6th September 2009, 09:02 PM
Adhu yedho model.

BTW, U mean Milla Jovovich?

At 0.40, a few seconds oru ponna kAmikkurAnggalE, avanggala paththi thAn kEttEn... :)

Benny Lava
6th September 2009, 11:12 PM
Unga observation skills'a paraaturen :)

Appu s
7th September 2009, 02:19 PM
1 min promo of all the track...

http://www.4shared.com/file/130810636/5ae19229/Blue.html

:bluejump: :bluejump: :bluejump:
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Thalafanz
7th September 2009, 02:20 PM
Unga observation skills'a paraaturen :)

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Appu s
7th September 2009, 02:37 PM
Yaar mila tha and Boola tujhe are rocking...

ajaybaskar
7th September 2009, 02:39 PM

Thanx, Appu

Thalafanz
7th September 2009, 02:41 PM
Appu, are they video clips or just audio??? :)

Appu s
7th September 2009, 02:43 PM
Mp3 version TF :)

Thalafanz
7th September 2009, 02:45 PM
Mp3 version TF :)

Ok, vEttukku pOi thAn download pannanum... :)

MADDY
7th September 2009, 02:54 PM

thanks mannn :D 8-)

Yathu
7th September 2009, 03:32 PM
:ty: Appu

Guess_Me
7th September 2009, 05:09 PM

Thanks Appu. Audio CD is up for pre-order.

http://www.t-series.com/Shopping/tabid/265/List/1/ProductID/47507/Default.aspx

Guess_Me
7th September 2009, 05:21 PM
As of now I love Fiqrana, Bhoola Tujhe and Yaar Mila. I wasn't very happy with the first 2 promos. Chiggy Wiggy was ok but Aaj Dil was not very impressive.

But surprisingly I am starting to like Aaj Dil when I listen to this sample audio instead of watching the trailer.

sha
7th September 2009, 05:39 PM
can someone pls post another link other than 4-shared, damn its blocked here,,,

Thanks

ajaybaskar
7th September 2009, 05:51 PM
can someone pls post another link other than 4-shared, damn its blocked here,,,

Thanks

http://www.mediafire.com/file/j4vnknmfkqa/Blue.zip

sha
7th September 2009, 06:28 PM
Thanks a lot bro...

dinesh2002
7th September 2009, 07:28 PM
I like Chiggy Whiggy and Aaj Dil song... the rest is yet to capture my attention.....

MADDY
7th September 2009, 08:16 PM
isnt the samples below average? action movie-kku idhu podhum but thalaivar is always known to break the rules and create a niche for himself anywhere he goes......hmmm, aana onnu, (Koundamani: aana-nna onnu dhaanda), thalaivar paattu sumaara irundhichhunna padam will be a superhit......last years' least aesthetic album from thalaivar was Ghajini and it went on to become the biggest BO hit in Indian film history :)

Ramakrishna
7th September 2009, 08:17 PM
Enna maddy ipdi sollitael :shock:

SoftSword
7th September 2009, 08:35 PM
idhellaam promo patthuttu namma makkal kudukkura usual reactions dhaan... am one among :)

MADDY
7th September 2009, 08:38 PM

u mean u liked it ?

Ramakrishna
7th September 2009, 08:41 PM

u mean u liked it ?

I mean i have not even listened to them :lol:
But neenga sonnathukku appuram slight disappointment.

Ramakrishna
7th September 2009, 08:59 PM
Bhoola Tujhe is impressive

Kumarappa
7th September 2009, 09:02 PM
Songs are good. I was slightly disappointed when I saw the video promos, but these samples sound much better. "Chiggy Wiggy" wasn't that impressive in promo, but here I liked it completely (Kylie's part!). I'm sure, this song would become very popular in western countries, if it is shown there.

Bhoole Tujhe, Fiqrana and Yaar Mila are great, but sadly Rehnuma didn't make any impacts as of now. :roll: And the "Bulue" in Blue theme is irritating, chumma "blue"-nae pronounce pannirukalaame. :?

Kumarappa
7th September 2009, 09:08 PM
Yeah, songs are below Rahman standards, but very enjoyable, though! 8-)

sibicalls
7th September 2009, 09:20 PM
I have a gut feel that another mass hit album is on the way. Songs sound very attractive and apt for a commercial action movie...

ajaybaskar
7th September 2009, 09:59 PM
Kettadhu kaiyalavu.. Ketkaadhadhu Ulagalavu.. Let us wait till we hear the whole album tomorrow..

Appu s
7th September 2009, 10:09 PM
Kettadhu kaiyalavu.. Ketkaadhadhu Ulagalavu.. Let us wait till we hear the whole album tomorrow..

:exactly:

Benny Lava
8th September 2009, 07:58 AM
Modhalla visuals'a paathu thappu paniteno nu thonudhu.. :roll:

Not that the visuals are bad, but paatu mattum modhalla ketta we will appreciate things in a different way :roll:

A.ANAND
8th September 2009, 10:20 AM
ellam start pannithanga!sillunnu oru kathal album-kkum ippadithan firt review vanthathu, but song ellam superhit!

wait 4 full song-la brothers! :D

music man
8th September 2009, 10:54 AM
I think we should wait for some time....Ithellam Rahman albums ku eppavume nadakrathu thaane....First we will be disappointed then after a few hearings, they will top the charts...

I think London Dreams promo is also out...I saw in a music channel...Salman singing on a stage...Again it was not Rahman's style...It was like a pure rock concert number

littlemaster1982
8th September 2009, 11:13 AM
Music man,

London Dreams is by SEL :huh:

sha
8th September 2009, 02:20 PM
isn't it supposed to release today ?

united07
8th September 2009, 02:27 PM
The makign of Chiggy Wiggy...
Kylie Minogue speaks a word or two abt ARR

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/broadband/video/making-of-the-music/7NJTIq1/3/The-Making-Of-Chiggy-Wiggy-Blue.html

music man
8th September 2009, 03:30 PM
Music man,

London Dreams is by SEL :huh:

Oh!!!!How I failed to update my brain!!! Till date I was thinking London Dreams was by ARR... :confused2:

Appu s
8th September 2009, 06:27 PM
farhan akhtar turns down Thalaivar's request for "Fiqrana" song .... but i like vijay prakash's voice .. :)

Guess_Me
8th September 2009, 08:28 PM
isn't it supposed to release today ?
I pre-ordered the disc yesterday at T-Series site. No news from their end either.

MADDY
8th September 2009, 09:43 PM
a guy in orkut has updated that he picked up a CD from Anna Nagar Planet M :? ....seck pannanum

ajaybaskar
8th September 2009, 09:57 PM
Chumma kadhai vuduraanga.. Audio not yet released. Just now checked in Anna Nagar MW. They say that it will be released tomorrow..

Ramakrishna
8th September 2009, 09:59 PM
Tomorrow? Sep 12th nu sonnaanga

ajaybaskar
8th September 2009, 10:09 PM
Guys, the wait is finally over. Blue available in MW, Spencer Plaza. Anyways, they have shut the shop now. Morning, I have a job in hand...

Ramakrishna
8th September 2009, 10:10 PM
Wow

Ramakrishna
8th September 2009, 10:16 PM
Any links?

ajaybaskar
8th September 2009, 10:19 PM
Checking..

ajaybaskar
9th September 2009, 06:50 AM
I am very thankful to ARR for giving us such a wonderful treat.... Am just loving the songs as I always loved ARR works . I am all the more happy that The BGMs are also done by ARR HImself... ( The CD says that ARR is doing it )

The Audio CDs of BLue are available in Music World, Spencers in Chennai.

By tomorrow afternoon, they would be available in Planet M, Land Mark and other outlets of Music World...

ARR Rocks... He is Allah's Special Child... God Bless ARR

- Vithur, YG

littlemaster1982
9th September 2009, 09:48 AM
Online listening (http://rahmaniac.com/2009/08/20/blue-music-release-on-8th-september/) :redjump: :redjump:

Appu s
9th September 2009, 10:00 AM
LM :ty: :ty: :ty:

directhit
9th September 2009, 10:03 AM
ungalukkellam office la idhellam blocked illa? :evil:

littlemaster1982
9th September 2009, 10:05 AM

I'm at home :poke: The quality is good in the site. Aaj Dil rocks 8-)

Appu s
9th September 2009, 10:07 AM

:lol:

Bhoola Tuje is my pick ..and figrana.. wow... fresh song... Yaar mila tha is typical bollywood type song :p liked it too...

Thalafanz
9th September 2009, 10:08 AM

Same peeling. AyyO, ippO ennAla kEtka mudiyAthEy... :twisted:

Appu s
9th September 2009, 10:10 AM
sorry guys for used LOL icon :( :oops:

Thalafanz
9th September 2009, 10:11 AM
LM and Appu - how is the album overall??? :D

directhit
9th September 2009, 10:12 AM
sorry guys for used LOL icon :( :oops: :roll: poke icon pottaare feel pannaama songs pathi pesi innum verupetharaaru - neenga ennadaana :P

enakku site ellam working - the flash links for songs mattum blocked :x

A.ANAND
9th September 2009, 10:17 AM
bloola tuje - wooooow! :2thumbsup:

Thalafanz
9th September 2009, 10:19 AM
Anand bro, Malaysia-vula Audio release AgiduchA??? :)

Appu s
9th September 2009, 10:20 AM
LM and Appu - how is the album overall??? :D

how this man can create magic again and again :D

as i said i started to love Bhoola tuje, Fiqrana, and Yaar mila tha..

MADDY
9th September 2009, 10:20 AM
Bhoola Tuje is my pick ..and figrana.. wow... fresh song... Yaar mila tha is typical bollywood type song :p liked it too...

there is something eerie abt similarity of our choices 8-) .......boola tjhe is my pick followed by fiqrana, yaar mila tha......yaar mila tha is ode to bollywood songs of 90's - must become a hit...... :D

Gaja
9th September 2009, 10:23 AM
Aaj Dil........... Amaaaazzzzzzinngggg!!!

Appu s
9th September 2009, 10:24 AM
Maddy :D

Bhoola Tuje... wowww.. ootukku poi... full sound la ketkanum... :notworthy: :notworthy:

A.ANAND
9th September 2009, 10:24 AM

pesama mp3-la download pannikunga!audio varathukulla samiyar mathiri thaadi valanthudum! :lol:

littlemaster1982
9th September 2009, 10:25 AM
sorry guys for used LOL icon :( :oops: :roll: poke icon pottaare feel pannaama songs pathi pesi innum verupetharaaru - neenga ennadaana :P

Do you want download links :P

Thalafanz
9th September 2009, 10:25 AM

pesama mp3-la download pannikunga!audio varathukulla samiyar mathiri thaadi valanthudum! :lol:

I will check it out in Brickfields Alai Osai shop in a while... :)

Appu s
9th September 2009, 10:26 AM
LM pm Pls :P

A.ANAND
9th September 2009, 10:27 AM
romba naala 'kaanji' kedanthathukku ithu pothunda saami! :notworthy:

kumaranmani
9th September 2009, 10:30 AM
Links Please :-( :-(

Movies
9th September 2009, 10:32 AM
What a way for ARR to kick start his post Oscar era. experimental in parts, mass appeal in parts and most importantly 100% fan satisfaction!!!!!

MP3 links anyone on pm???

SoftSword
9th September 2009, 10:36 AM

Do you want download links :P

LM PM

A.ANAND
9th September 2009, 10:37 AM
my pick

bloola tuje
aaj dhil
figrana
rehnuma
yaar mila
chiggy wiggy

overall 'savadi' :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :thumbsup:

Thalafanz
9th September 2009, 11:31 AM
Anand, I checked out in both Alai Osai and Veenai... Blue-nu oru padam irukkurathE avanggalukku therla... :banghead:
Malaysiavula innum release aagalainu nenaikurEn... :cry3:

directhit
9th September 2009, 11:34 AM
Do you want download links :P mail la directaaa mp3 anuppinaalum block panni varum :( vudunga innum 4 hr la escape eppadiyum vootukku :D

Anand, I checked out in both Alai Osai and Veenai... Blue-nu oru padam irukkurathE avanggalukku therla... :rotfl: nalla vela adhoda thappicheenga :lol2:

ajaybaskar
9th September 2009, 11:45 AM
Music World, Spencer Plaza was lit up today in the morning by the esteemed presence of his highness Mr. Ajay Bhasker who started the proceedings by buying the CD of Blue..

(Kadayavae naanthaan thiranthaengradha epdi ellam solla vendiyirukku!!!)

On the album, my order of preference goes like this..

1. Fiqrana (Surprise package from ARR)
2. Bhoola Tujhe (Expected to be good. So is it)
3. Aaj Dil (It suddenly climbed up the ladder)
4. Yaar Mila Tha (Pure Hindi tune. Can never fit into a tamil movie. Indha hubkae uriththaana 'ROOTEDNESS' indha songa irukku)
5. Chiggy Wiggy (Expected more. But certainly not disappointed)
6. Rehnuma (Yet to grow on me. Very fresh tune though)
7. Theme (Disappointed to the core. The trailer music sounded much better)

OVerall, it is an abum to satisfy the mass. Right blend of class and Mass.

Thalaivar has left a message in the album.. DROWN INTO THE MUSIC OF BLUE.. SO AM I..

A.ANAND
9th September 2009, 11:50 AM
Anand, I checked out in both Alai Osai and Veenai... Blue-nu oru padam irukkurathE avanggalukku therla... :banghead:
Malaysiavula innum release aagalainu nenaikurEn... :cry3:

blue-nu vera mathiri padam innu bayanthuthangalo! :lol:

malaysia-la romba late-than release aagum!

Appu s
9th September 2009, 11:51 AM
Yes ... disappointed with Theme

A.ANAND
9th September 2009, 11:54 AM
7. Theme (Disappointed to the core. The trailer music sounded much better) -ajay

but i love it!very energy!
:thumbsup:

Thalafanz
9th September 2009, 11:55 AM
malaysia-la romba late-than release aagum!

Actually, Krishna Studios will have a simultaneous release and I'm yet to check with them... :oops:

kumaranmani
9th September 2009, 11:58 AM
What are the chances you can let your preferences be known along with links :-) The cd is not yet available where I live and it sucks!!

Benny Lava
9th September 2009, 12:04 PM
Anand, I checked out in both Alai Osai and Veenai... Blue-nu oru padam irukkurathE avanggalukku therla... :rotfl: nalla vela adhoda thappicheenga :lol2:

:rotfl: Nasser, unga chinna vayasa karudhi avanga apdi solli irukalaam :lol2:

sha
9th September 2009, 12:09 PM
Fiqrana is Growing on me,,, love the rifs on background... superb master! for sure Farhan will look back n say i missed this one,

ajaybaskar
9th September 2009, 12:12 PM
In Chennai, CDs will be available in Landmark, Planet M by 2 pm today.

ajaybaskar
9th September 2009, 12:38 PM
The CD quality sucks!!!. T-Series sans the quality that Sony-BMG or even Tips has..

jabarullah
9th September 2009, 12:38 PM
at last... we have chance to watch 'blue' film openly, legally, with all our friend and family , with parents , sisters etc.. etc..

worlds changing... :P

ajaybaskar
9th September 2009, 12:40 PM
at last... we have chance to watch 'blue' film openly, legally, with all our friend and family , with parents , sisters etc.. etc..

with the soulful music of academy award winner A.R Rahman.. :D

A.ANAND
9th September 2009, 12:41 PM

enna ravusu!

lancelot
9th September 2009, 01:03 PM
anyone got the link to download the songs?
hehe
:D

MADDY
9th September 2009, 01:53 PM
The CD quality sucks!!!. T-Series sans the quality that Sony-BMG or even Tips has..

yea, very disappointing... :(

fiqrana is growin superbly.......ella songsume strings dominance jaasthiya irukku :D .....thalaivar often does this, if its a freakish film and characters are freaky

Thalafanz
9th September 2009, 02:02 PM
Yet to see Yathu, Scale and other fellow fans with their reviews. :)

A.ANAND
9th September 2009, 02:06 PM
fist promo ketta bothu little dissapointing irunthathu but after listen full song,woooow!that is the magic of 'isai aandavar' :notworthy:

A.ANAND
9th September 2009, 02:10 PM
guitar riff in firhana song!osum :musicsmile:

SoftSword
9th September 2009, 02:14 PM
hearing it...
will take sometime to listen...

i don wanna come to this thread for next three days atleast...

Benny Lava
9th September 2009, 02:17 PM
hearing it...

:thumbsup:

A.ANAND
9th September 2009, 02:23 PM
hearing it...

Nalla review oda vaanga! :D

muzammil_fr
9th September 2009, 02:25 PM
-No download links, please-

Yathu
9th September 2009, 03:31 PM
Yet to see Yathu, Scale and other fellow fans with their reviews. :)

Haven't listened to the songs yet. Will listen to them when I get home! I'll give my take on it after the first listen, but that view is bound to change on consequent listens anyways! But it's always good to hear peoples' first impressions. :D

ajaybaskar
9th September 2009, 04:30 PM
Glued to Fiqrana. Should have listened atleast 30-35 times today... What a song??? Wow.. Thalaivar rocks...

A.ANAND
9th September 2009, 05:56 PM
BLUE THEME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HV_daszuKw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDHaqPidENE

any similar??

dinesh2002
9th September 2009, 06:02 PM
Im stuck with Yaar Mila Tha ... Cant seem to move out of it... Nice chants by the female chorus....

Kumarappa
9th September 2009, 06:14 PM
"Aaj Dil", "Fiqrana" and "Bhoola Tujhe" are the best, immensely rocking! Shreya Ghoshal is awesome in the first and the guitar riff in the highlight in the second. Superb album!

Kumarappa
9th September 2009, 06:15 PM
Im stuck with Yaar Mila Tha ... Cant seem to move out of it... Nice chants by the female chorus....

Isn't it sung by Madhushree? :D No wonder, you stuck with that song!

dinesh2002
9th September 2009, 06:20 PM

Isn't it sung by Madhushree? :D No wonder, you stuck with that song!

Yes its by Madhushree :lol: . But no, i liked it the most coz it was more of a fun song rather than the others, which needs patients to listen to it. this was catchy in an instant ! :)

Thalafanz
9th September 2009, 07:03 PM
My order of preference :)

1. Without a second thought, Fiqrana tops my list (surely pick of the album for most I suppose). :bow:

2. Aaj Dil - guitar usage is excellent :cool:

3. Bhoola Tujhe - slow poison :smokesmirk:

4. Chiggy Wiggy - this should have been out-and-out Western style, the banghra portion spoilt the excitement IMO. :)

5. Yaar Mila Tha - Happy-go-lucky kind of song, nice. :D

6. Rehnuma - Jazzy in the beginning :cool:

7. Theme Music - starts off quite well then becomes a bit noisy... How many of you think "Blue" should not be "Bulue"??? :?

Overall, an album that will satisfy every fan to the maximum. Anand sonna mAthiri, post Oscar namakkellAm nalla theeni... :thumbsup:

directhit
9th September 2009, 07:10 PM
me too didnt like the theme - perhaps the first time the theme music of thalaivar's movie aint rocking :? gotto watch with the visuals..

dinesh2002
9th September 2009, 07:52 PM
I think the Blue theme sounds awesome!! Am i the only 1 liking it???? :?

Thalafanz
9th September 2009, 07:54 PM

Anand seems to like it. :)

Kumarappa
9th September 2009, 08:01 PM
My order of preference :)

1. Without a second thought, Fiqrana tops my list (surely pick of the album for most I suppose). :bow:

2. Aaj Dil - guitar usage is excellent :cool:

3. Bhoola Tujhe - slow poison :smokesmirk:

4. Chiggy Wiggy - this should have been out-and-out Western style, the banghra portion spoilt the excitement IMO. :)

5. Yaar Mila Tha - Happy-go-lucky kind of song, nice. :D

6. Rehnuma - Jazzy in the beginning :cool:

7. Theme Music - starts off quite well then becomes a bit noisy... How many of you think "Blue" should not be "Bulue"??? :?

Overall, an album that will satisfy every fan to the maximum. Anand sonna mAthiri, post Oscar namakkellAm nalla theeni... :thumbsup:

Exactly my thoughts! Same order here and also completely irritated by that "Bulue"!

dinesh2002
9th September 2009, 08:01 PM

Anand seems to like it. :)

U didnt like it Thalafanz? I think This is going to be my ringtone now :D

Jyothsna
9th September 2009, 08:10 PM
Fiqrana :musicsmile:

Yaar mila tha :happydance:

muzammil_fr
9th September 2009, 08:14 PM

i am here with u, i like that song, but some parts i don't like.

Guess_Me
9th September 2009, 09:49 PM
Finally, VBR quality has hit the net. Till my CD arrives, it is MP3 time :D

inetk
9th September 2009, 09:51 PM
My take,
http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2009/09/09/music-review-blue-hindi-a-r-rahman/

Rocky89
9th September 2009, 10:05 PM
Fiqrana.. awesome.. chanceless song by Rahman :notworthy: the only song that i like in first hearing..

other songs still growing on me :D

Ramakrishna
9th September 2009, 10:43 PM
Bhoole Tujhe :notworthy: Such a feel good song

Ramakrishna
9th September 2009, 10:51 PM
I don't feel anything special with Fiqrana in my first few listenings :?

Mahen
9th September 2009, 11:13 PM
Link pls someone.. :)

Mahen
10th September 2009, 09:24 AM
Bhoola Tujhe :2thumbsup:

Benny Lava
10th September 2009, 10:14 AM

This track is bombastic but whenever they go Bu-lue... it is like a speed breaker.. very irritating :x

But who knows, one might get hooked to this part later on :P

MADDY
10th September 2009, 10:43 AM

even Inetk karthik has liked this track only 8-)

A.ANAND
10th September 2009, 10:54 AM

even Inetk karthik has liked this track only 8-)

ivanga comedy-ikku alave illama pochu! :lol:

ajaybaskar
10th September 2009, 11:31 AM
பத்து நாளைக்கு முன்னாடிதான் இன்னோரு இசையமைப்பாளரை அவரோட கிடார் பயன்பாட்டிற்காக பாராட்டினேன். தலைவருக்கு மூக்கில வேர்த்திடுச்சு.. He has answered with FIQRANA.. :D :D

Thalafanz
10th September 2009, 11:33 AM
பத்து நாளைக்கு முன்னாடிதான் இன்னோரு இசையமைப்பாளரை அவரோட கிடார் பயன்பாட்டிற்காக பாராட்டினேன். தலைவருக்கு மூக்கில வேர்த்திடுச்சு.. He has answered with FIQRANA.. :D :D

:lol: 8-)

A.ANAND
10th September 2009, 11:42 AM
BLUE REVIEW

4.0 stars out of 5

Music by AR Rahman
Lyrics by Abbas Tyrewala, Mayur Puri, Raqeeb Alam

Aaj Dil Gustakh Hai (5:29) - Vocals by Shreya Ghoshal, Sukhvinder Singh
Aaj Dil Gustakh Hai is truly unique. AR Rahman's composition is completely unpredictable and that is its biggest USP. I think it's a spectacular track with interesting music arrangements and refreshing vocals by Shreya Ghoshal and Sukhvinder Singh. Ghoshal is outdoing herself with every new song!

Bhoola Tujhe (5:27) - Vocals by Rashid Ali
Bhoola Tujhe is simple, yet so grand. Abbas Tyrewala's lyrics are wonderful and Rahman, as usual, infuses his composition with deep emotions. Rashid Ali does full justice to this soulful track.

Chiggy Wiggy (5:12) - Vocals by Kylie Minogue, Sonu Nigam
Chiggy Wiggy will be a big hit with Kylie Minogue fans and that's enough for Blue to create considerable hype in the West. Personally, I'm not a fan of Kylie's pop music but her unusual duet with Sonu Nigam doesn't sound too bad. I Wanna Chiggy Wiggy!

Rehnuma (4:25) - Vocals by Shreya Ghoshal, Sonu Nigam
Rehnuma is infectious..the Neela Samandar crescendo does the trick. Rahman's tune is charmingly sinister and Ghoshal-Nigam's singing is of the highest order.
Creepy, thrilling and romantic - Rehnuma defines the crux of Blue.

Fiqrana (5:25) - Vocals by Vijay Prakash, Shreya Ghoshal
Fiqrana is fun and breezy. This one's packed with youthful energy.
It's amazing what Rahman can do with every single musical instrument - give Fiqrana a listen, you'll know what I mean!

Yaar Mila Tha (4:29) - Vocals by Madhushree, Ujjaiyinee Roy, Udit Narayan
Yaar Mila Tha is an enjoyable song, but definitely not Rahman's best. Udit Narayan and Madhushree sound very fresh and Ujjaiyinee Roy's backing vocals saves the track from mediocrity. Narayan tries a bit of hip-hop towards the end and that's the most entertaining part of the entire song! Way to go!

Blue Theme (3:56) - Vocals by Blaaze, Raqeeb Alam, Sonu Kakkar, Jaspreet Singh, Neha Kakkar, Dilshad
Four minutes of pure adrenaline pleasure. If you enjoyed Rahman's Yuva, you'll love the Blue theme. The energy of this track will be phenomenal with the underwater visuals.

FINAL VERDICT:
AR Rahman's Blue offers a little something for everyone. Highly recommended.

Listen to the songs here (This link is for preview only/please buy original CDs/cassettes - Online Store)

http://www.bhargavsaikia.com/2009/09/music-review-blue-2009.html

A.ANAND
10th September 2009, 11:44 AM
superb ajay! :lol: :thumbsup: